[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 1525361797209.jpg (640 KB, 2048x1536)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
*May preorders loom in the distance* Edition

Previous Thread >>9863613

Reminder: Don't feed the trolls

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide - READ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS!
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XjbF7suzx1tE5pbK4HslTSpxjyD3YegkqfWIi8zekwc/edit?usp=sharing

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe
>>
File: IMG_9596.jpg (472 KB, 1242x1330)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
So tell me gulls, what are you waiting for in the mail and/or what are you working on right now?

I got a blanket and 3 figures of my husbandos on the way, and trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my bags.
>Waiting for my MHA pre-orders coming up next month as well
May amiami have mercy on me
>>
File: IMG_20180510_095527.jpg (404 KB, 1478x1108)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
Reminder:
> Bootlegs are bad. There's no debate left to be had.

I'm really enjoying the trend of heart shaped button layouts around a larger picture (see pic). It looks so nice for idols
>>
File: Capture.png (1.12 MB, 841x660)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Has anybody got the star bag from Whalefall? What's it like?? I want to get it for Yui since I feel like it really matches her whole style, but dont want to buy it if it's hard to get pins and keychains into it.

>bonus points if the window side is "open" enough to manoeuvre a craft foam insert into it
>>
>>9877092
Just shipped my parcel with some Ace Attorney/DGS stuff. Orchestra badges and acrylics for my best boys and some other merch.
Forever working on my Apollo bag, as well as my Asougi pouch (which....might turn into a bag real soon).
>>
File: 983467632842.jpg (9 KB, 280x280)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9877092
I ordered a keychain I've been desperately hunting down but the seller delayed the ship date by two months
>>
>>9877092
Waiting on my husbando merch from Suru and I'm trying to find time to work on a bag for him and another idol from UtaPri.

>>9877112
The bag was designed for tsumtsums and other plushies so it's very difficult to pin stuff into. You're going to have to make an insert unless you want to struggle. Thankfully an anon made one out of grid plastic and covered it in fabric and theirs turned out great!
>>
>>9877023
Not that they didn't like the show, but that they wanted to make a statement to the company, and in fact I believe it was GSC themselves who put out the word that due to the extenuating circumstances they would be accepting cancellations for the product.

I believe the intention was to replace the director and staff with someone else, but I'm not sure where they're at right now, or how many people actually ended up cancelling. I imagine enough of them wouldve put a dent in Kadokawa's returns for the property, though? A show like Kemono Friends can't have been making money through too many other sources, and Serval's nendo would've been their biggest merch splash at that point in time...

Anyway, bags.
>>
File: DRECRb_UIAAYzlw.jpg (237 KB, 1200x887)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>9877193
All that and I dropped my pic, too. Whoops.
>>
>>9877187
How deep is the window? Would it fit gift plushies in there?
>>
File: 20180302_172215.jpg (127 KB, 459x816)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>9877197
Not sure what gift plushies are. Have you got a picture?

And the fabric backing in it is a bit stretchy so it'll hold a bit before the window bulges out. Here's my HP plushie collection in the window section with a thick textbook added behind the divider.
>>
File: 20180302_172226.jpg (128 KB, 459x816)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>9877201
>>
File: 1506644649498.jpg (162 KB, 405x387)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>some of the last keychains I ordered won't be here on time and really wanted to bring my bag to a con thats soon
>>
>>9877187
Ooh I see, the plastic grid insert is a great idea!! Thanks anon!
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (37 KB, 479x640)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>9877201
They look like this
>>
>>9877213
Everything until the legs, definitely. I'm not sure what the legs would do in the window since it's in a seated position.
>>
>>9877218
You can make it stand but it has a big butt so yeah, looks like wego was (rip) the only hope for gift plush
>>
>>9877201
Def a no go then. But thank you for the photos! I'm still tempted to buy the bag anyway because it's just -nice-
>>
>>9877211
is your bag atleast mostly full?
>>
File: IMG_4812.png (678 KB, 749x649)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
>>9877073
no OP dump? i got you senpai.
>>
File: IMG_4813.png (1.49 MB, 750x926)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>9877320
>>
File: IMG_4814.png (707 KB, 617x504)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>9877321
>>
File: IMG_4815.png (870 KB, 750x675)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>9877324
>>
File: IMG_4816.png (870 KB, 749x605)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>9877325
>>
>>9877137
Please post it when it's done, anon! Apollo doesn't get enough love. Neither does DGS, but moonspeak is hard ;_;
>>
File: IMG_4837.png (875 KB, 750x528)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>9877326
wow, i can't believe this JP fan managed to get such an exclusive tote from cokan!!!!!!
>>
File: IMG_4817.png (1.14 MB, 750x725)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>9877328
>>
File: IMG_4818.png (1.06 MB, 750x724)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>9877330
>>
File: IMG_4819.png (1.03 MB, 750x674)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>9877332
love seeing dedication like this.
>>
File: IMG_4820.png (1.16 MB, 749x715)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>9877333
>>
File: IMG_4823.png (745 KB, 643x642)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>9877337
>>
File: IMG_4824.png (769 KB, 749x716)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>9877338
>>
File: IMG_4825.png (1.1 MB, 749x735)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>9877341
can't forget a fancy rosette
>>
File: IMG_4826.png (1.04 MB, 750x684)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>9877342
this is only about half of what i have, but i'll save the rest for when the thread slows down a bit. happy bagging
>>
>>9877328
I shouldn't have laughed but tbf co-kan is a laughing stock anyway. I've never wanted to see a company go bust as much as this one

Don't forget to buy their $8 insert because they're convinced everyone uses cardboard (when every single tutorial is foam).
>>
I bet this bag would go up in flames so quickly and nicely.
>>
>>9877473 You sound salty lmao
>>
>>9877473
Uhg, high contrast thread detailing is a bad idea if you're going with a cheap manufacturer. Every single flaw in stitching is super visible.
>>
>>9877499
lmao, go back to facebook, every time this gets post everyone agrees that they look like shit.
>>
>>9877499
Do you actually know what salty means? It implies someone is jealous.

Nobody is jealous of this steaming shit trust me.
>>
>>9877499
You sound like you helped fund this hot mess
>>
>>9877092
Just ordered two keychains of my best BanG Dream! girl! I finally decided to start a bag for her. I was holding off until the worldwide release of the game to see if I still wanted to make her one, and (unfortunately for my wallet) I do. Pretty excited because they have some really cute merch.

Also preordered 3 plushies and have no clue what base bag to get now. I had a Wego one in mind, but I always hold off on getting my base bag last so I don't get one that's too big or small. Really kicking myself for that now.

>>9877112
I say go for it anon! That base bag looks like it was made for her and it'll look so cute.
>>
>>9877545
I find it always a good idea to just buy an A4 size bag if you're unsure, then you can buy a bigger one later or a second bag. I have over 60 items for my boy and was stressing that my bag was too small, thinking I needed an A3 one, but I actually got it to fit nicer in the A4. Not every item looks or works great in a bag and it's always better to have a full window than an empty one. I'll probably upgrade to an A3 once he gets more stuff but I can always swap pieces out too.

In terms of deep windows though, it was pretty much wego or bust. Mise totes (see faq) have started releasing a "3D" one with a deep window that might be worth looking into. It seems like a lot of people are just taking to getting a normal clear bag for their plush now.
>>
>>9877092
Waiting for my tiny 2B plush along with some of the nier cafe goods.
>>
Anyone have pics of that really nice yume nikki bag?
>>
>>9877092
i recently won two large lots for my fandom, each of which had some fairly rare pieces of waifu merch that made it worth it to have to deal with all the other stuff. it hurt but they were both good deals just for the things i wanted, let alone the rest of it.

once it all gets here, it's going to be a weekend of cataloging and de-keychaining, followed by putting together an A4 and a star window.
>>
File: GOODS-00216655.jpg (40 KB, 600x600)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Got this on the way to use as a base for the YOI bag I've sporadically been collecting merch for. I'll make a clear bag/cover for it. I got the Yūri phone pouch to go with it so the bag will be Victor and Yūri.

I'm a basic bitch, I know, I know. (One day I'll have the patience/money to build a bag for my ultimate husbando, Genjo Sanzo)
>>
>>9877598
That's going to be super cute!! I love seeing more character merch base bags, post it when you're done!

That's okay, I'm a basic bitch too, but my Victuuri bag brings me joy so it's all worth it in the end.
>>
>>9877092
I have a few new bags coming as I did a bit of a clean out of older bags I didn't want anymore. Asides from that I've been working on a custom nendo of my husbando and rearranging my room displays.
>>
>>9877545
Who is your best girl? I'm starting a Bandori bag too!
>>
>>9877598
Not a YOI fan but that bag is so cute omg, good luck with your bag!
>>
How do you display your bag(s)?

I have mine on hooks, but I need stronger ones (keep falling down). It’s a good reminder to get around to rearranging them, you can tell by the big blank spaces on some...
>>
>>9877636
What a pleasant amount of Jyushi, I love seeing WIP bags
You got good taste anon
I'm wondering the same thing tho, if anyone has any cute display ideas pls share!
Mine are just in my closet, so they don't get dusty but I really want to display them at some point
>>
>>9877636
Mine are all hanging on basic wall hooks, but I'm planning on reorganizing them since I need muh aesthetics.
>>
File: Shrine.jpg (380 KB, 1280x1280)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>9877636
Sitting atop my more permanent shrine, obviously.
>>
File: ynbag.jpg (598 KB, 886x658)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>9877578
I've been debating on the Whalefall one since it looks decent for plushies, and ever since Taibun anon posted pics with their big can badge in it it's been on my mind. I'm just a bit worried about merch placement and such since it's oddly shaped.

I didn't know Mise had newer ones, thanks for the heads up! I'll def check them out.

>>9877590
Not sure if you're referring to mine, but my heart is very full if so. It's currently torn apart at the moment since I've gotten new merch and I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out a new layout.

>>9877628
Kanon! I also love Moca very much but not enough to make a bag for her. I do hope to snag a few things of her though. I love her one default outfit a lot. Who is your bag for anon? (I feel a bit guilty because the WW release has me really into it and my JP account is kinda ignored...I've been having a lot more luck gacha wise on WW, so maybe that's why it's getting more attention.)

>>9877636
Command hooks! I would like to upgrade to a coat rack though, as I imagine it would look cuter.
>>
>>9877636
I keep mine on a shelf, 2 laid flat since they're tote style, and an utapri bag with a rolled up blanket inside to keep it upright and not sagging. Personally I don't like hanging my bags when not in use since the weight of the merch puts unnecessary strain on the straps.
>>
>>9877673
>Not sure if you're referring to mine, but my heart is very full if so. It's currently torn apart at the moment since I've gotten new merch and I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out a new layout.
Yep! That's the one. I really adore the colors.
>>
>>9877092
Working on two bags-
Sayaka- need to complete making a rosette for a pin, then the bag is 'complete' (for now)
Gin-just got a package full of stuff the other day, started arranging things around, but my bag is way too small for the modest collection I have assembled. Not going to be buying things for a while, so I guess thats on hold.
>>
>>9877673
kanon is a good girl
im debating between starting a harohapi bag in general, butttt maybe ill just do a michelle bag
>>
>>9877655
>blackjack

I need directions to this shrine so that I can kneel before it and present offerings asap
>>
File: Love 2 men rin.jpg (103 KB, 658x685)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>9877092
I made the mistake of getting back into UtaPri after forgetting it for a couple years and after building a couple bags for my best boy Cecil started loving Camus too. Waiting on suru orders and auctions to finish before I get all his merch mailed over, though I still need a base bag. At least my faves are the least popular of the bunch....

Other than that I just got a new tote for Allen Walker and going to move stuff from old bag to that one.

>>9877636
I got mine on hooks on a portion of my wall. Probably gonna move smaller bags to shelves to lessen the clutter.
>>
What do you gulls do to protect your acrylic keychains (if you do anything to them at all)? The guide has some links to covers people have made, and some of them are very cute, but I feel too many of those will just crowd out all the other things I have in my bag. I obviously don't want to put any tape on the back, but I am still worried.
>>
>>9877750
Honestly he's such a good character to worship financially. There's enough merch that my wallet hurts but not enough to really kill me. Plus, it's what he would want.
>>
>>9877694
Thank you so much! I have a lot of spill-over merch so I'll hopefully be doing a second one in the near future.

>>9877749
I was debating on doing Kanon and Kokoro myself, but I know if I do that I'll want to do more than one bag. I was hoping to keep it to just one bag for Kanon.

>>9877759
I don't do anything for mine and haven't had any issues yet, and two of my bags are mainly acrylics since it's all fanmerch. I have a few bigger charms on the way though and plan on protecting those ones.
>>
>>9877356
What's so bad about Co-Kan? I bought a chain and some charms from them. The items arrived in 3 days, they seem legit.
>>
>>9877801
They're a taobao reseller that claims it is their own designs. Also huge markup. Just try browsing taobao for a bit and you'll see.
>>
>>9877801
mostly it's the fact that all of their bags are just taobao bags bought up and re-sold at a 200-400% markup, but they act like they're their own exclusive designs, to say nothing of overcharging for painted safety pins and sheets of styrene.

tl;dr they're ripoff artists taking advantage of a bandwagon.
>>
>>9877801
>bought
And how much did that cost you because I only paid like 2 USD for parts that I'm DIYing my own.
>>
>>9877810
>>9877811
>>9877832
>tl;dr they're ripoff artists taking advantage of a bandwagon.
Oh you're right I found a few of their bags already. I've been seeing a lot of this, like itabag palace. Their bags look like trash.

But shitbaggers can't taobao, right?
>>
>>9877655
i'm screaming, anon...LOVE IT!
>>
>>9877092
NHL itabagger here....haven't picked up much for my 2 headed monster itabag recently, but i have a bunch of shit in my ebay watch list that i'm planning to get.

in other news....there's a KS for omg check please acrylic standees, and looks like N is doing some new merch, so i may be able to do an OMGCP itabag eventually as well.
>>
>>9877655
I LOVE how this was set up! Also props for having Blackjack as a husbando!
>>
>>9877092
I'm waiting for my April Amiami order to show up. One item held it up until the very last second, and then golden week happened, and now it's stuck in customs.

It wasn't even a big amiami order, but I feel like I'm some goddamned prairie woman waiting longingly on the porch for for her husband to return from the war, except my husband is a small package of singing anime boy merchandise.
>>
>>9877759
I sandwich them between two layers of clear pvc, heat seal around it and trim off the excess afterwards. It's not noticeable inside the bag and keeps the acrylics fully protected.
Tho I just do it for items I'm particularly fond of, rare or expensive pieces, etc. Don't usually have issues with acrylics but I've had one in particular I did not notice was rubbing against something else until it was too late and ended up scratching a chip off the design.
>>
File: 20180511_205139.jpg (3.54 MB, 4032x3024)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
>>9877851
>2 headed monster itabag
Nice

>>9877598
I quickly put together the yūri phone pouch with the yūri merch I have (minus the nendo) to tide me over until the victor bag arrives
>>
File: 1525516755496.png (929 KB, 1080x1607)
929 KB
929 KB PNG
>>9877801
Was spoken about in the last thread.

Cokan are an extremely shady business. They buy cheap products from taobao, bags, chains etc. Then mark them up 400% the original cost then have the nerve to claim they're their own original product. They never credit any of the original designers, they even tried passing wego bags off as their own. Nothing on their site is their own design, they're just thieves trying to make money off other's works.

They'll deliver your goods, but your basically paying a huge rate to get them. Those safety pins come in packs of 100 on eBay for $3. That foam insert they're selling is $2 for 100cm. Those acrylic strap holders are disguising and look awful in any bag, you can tell they don't know what they're doing. (For the record you use a foam insert and you pin through the foam and the fabric, not just the fabric as the weight will cause it to sag and stretch. So these inserts are fucking useless)

Then there's their "articles"which are the most cringe worthy things you'll ever read. Even their newest one is so amateur and ignorant you can tell they're a bandwagon business. Theyre like aitai kuji as in they shove their shitty business in your face as well.

Go to hell cokan
>>
So what’s worse, the fb group or the itabagcentral ig?
>>
>>9878252
the itabagcentral discord by far
>>
>>9877801
>>9877986
Cokan's only sin is claiming to be an original manufacturer instead of being transparent that they're a resell business.

The markup system they use is fairly standard for resellers, and I say that as someone who worked for a company that resell made up about 30% of our sales - and 60% of our profit (it wasn't an anime related business). After incorporating overhead costs for the company such as shipping, web development, etc they're pulling modest profit but not money grubbing greedy.

That's the price of a a middle man. The business model is based on high convenience fee - they make goods that are complicated to obtain easy, and charge a premium for the service.

I think seagull's hatred of Cokan is more about how the community culture despises casuals than about errors on the company's part. Cokan is based on easy accessibility to a casual marketplace, and the hard core side of the itabagging as a community is obsessed with the idea of a labor of love which doesn't align with that.
>>
>>9878289
>>9878289
what, anon, don't you love the same teenagers asking the same questions about bootlegs and what colour base bag they should get ten times a day?

>>9878292
lol
>>
>>9878289
>>9878310
I feel bad for the mods
>>
>>9878311
i don't, the literal only time i've ever seen a mod step in is when someone was slagging off on co-kan and they stepped in to whiteknight
>>
>>9878292
U sure about the only sin thing
>>
>>9877655
I love Blackjack, thank you for sharing this anon
>>
>>9878357
>snackies
>>
>>9878252
Both equally as bad, but atleast itabag central has guidelines
>>
>>9877092
Trying to put an Initial D bag together, waiting for a few keychains to arrive to my SS. I'm excited but seems like it's gonna be a bit costly to put this together, the merch is a bit harder to come by and when I do find it it's a bit more than what I've previously spent on other itabags (Erwin from SNK, Heisuke from Hakuoki). Oh well, I think the hunt will be fun at least. Still trying to find the perfect bag though. Was thinking about the angel wing one from wego - anyone know how often it comes up on the secondhand market?
>>
>>9878292
I ordered the bag from a taobao agent and saved myself $16. Conan is a scam.
>>
>>9878415
*Cokan
What I get for phoneposting.
>>
>>9878357
>snackies
It's called being self-aware, you autist.
>>
>>9878415
yeah, but anon's point is that the 16 bucks are a convenience fee because some people are too lazy/dumb to deal with the chinese/japanese. Doesn't make it a scam, just a greedy business.
>>
File: cokan about us.png (424 KB, 1076x407)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>9878292
>>9877986
>Cokan's only sin is claiming to be an original manufacturer instead of being transparent that they're a resell business.

>>9877801 >>9877843 here, I've been digging on their site and I found this on their about us page. It seems they hint at the fact that they're a resell business somewhat, it's just not blatantly apparent on their product pages, especially since they do all their own photography.

>Cokan is based on easy accessibility to a casual marketplace, and the hard core side of the itabagging as a community is obsessed with the idea of a labor of love which doesn't align with that.
I can see that. Honestly, I like my $10 chain. It looks good, feels strong, and I don't have the time to hunt down and assemble components to save the $8. All their bags come with one of these chains, too, apparently.

If they make their own (good) original bag at a fair price, I'd probably buy it.

>>9878357
It's almost like they're trying to troll you guys.
>>
File: PicsArt_05-11-06.00.58.png (3.02 MB, 2048x2048)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>>9877092
I'm feeling this May suffering too. I have a con at the end of the month and these are my preorders I have to worry about.
>>
Does anyone else hoard packaging, like the box or tag the merch came in. I'm going through my stuff and have a whole shoebox filled with this kinda thing. Idk why I don't throw it awau
>>
>>9878661
I do, but that's mostly because I move a lot.
>>
>>9878589
Plush is very kawi
>>
>>9877473
>>9877473
But what about pic related?

Personally I would never buy from her because shes a tracer and a shitty person all around
>>
>>9878404
What have you bought so far? Official? Curious about Initial D merch.
>>
>>9878725
oh fuck, I thought this would be smaller, they're huge.
>>
>>9878725
Why are they so giant?
They do seem like they'd have some utility, though. Pastel goth characters, "gross" characters, horror characters... it has limited applications, but it's unique and not too complex as to take focus from the window.
>>9877473 on the other hand is the worst. It's so ugly, and it's just ripping off heart bags and those winged bags that were popular a few years ago. There's nothing good or unique about it. I wish she'd gone with one of the other possible designs... they were impractical, but at least they were original.
>>
File: 20180511_230946.jpg (3.47 MB, 2976x2976)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
>>9878589
Actually could I get some opinions on the insert color? I just threw in a few pieces to show the diff shades of blue Kuwabara's merch comes in.
>>
File: sparkle bitches.png (1.44 MB, 1000x1000)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>9878725
>>9878729
>>9878741
Personally I love the size, they'll be big enough to actually carry things like my laptop. The only backpack I have right now that I can actually use is the big discontinued WEGO.

....I just wish the pink bag didn't have glitter in the window. The black bag doesn't, at least.
>>
>>9878404
keep me posted, too. only official Initial D merch I ever found was an 86 pillow

or an arcade machine. not quite sure I'm ready to put that into an ita bag
>>
>>9878725
>>9878817
W2C?
>>
>>9878855
Literally the first result in a google reverse image search, friend.

> http://shop.rozarria.com/product/preorders-drippy-ita-bags
>>
File: IMG_3303.jpg (123 KB, 661x716)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>9878728
I've got pic related so far. The first one seems like it was an arcade exclusive (or at least obtained that way), the door keychain seems like it's a newer piece of merch from the last few years. DESU, I'm worried the Bunta keychain on the bottom might be a bootleg because it looks kinda shoddy? Although I've seen other keychains in the same style on YJA of other characters so maybe it is real but they were just made kinda funky. I'll have to examine it when I get it. I tried to research Initial D merch and it's hard to find records of stuff the farther back you go for merch from this series. In general there is official merch, but it's a bit harder to find and also a bit more expensive than like, newer series with tons of merch options coming out. Next friend I know going to Japan I might have to beg them to take my money and look around 2nd hand weeb shops for merch for me.

>>9878839
I....want a hachiroku pillow. Was it like a dakimakura or just a car shaped pillow? Also, I have seen some people selling the arcade game "licenses" on YJA and am tempted to buy one or a few to stick on the bag. Not a lot of merch options here lol. I've also considered making some of my own pins, just basic designs of the team logos, and possibly some anime caps. But I wanna try to get as much official merch as I can because I do admit, it is kinda fun trying to hunt down rare merch.
>>
>>9878725
Don't know about the personal drama of the maker, but I feel the bags would be 20x better if they didn't have the drips (though as >>9878741
pointed out, it actually has some not-ridiculously-specific applications where it'd suit, so it's better than other bandwagon novelty bags at least).
Also, I wonder every day of my life why people making base bags think glitter in the windows is something anyone *wants* in a full-price bag, instead of just something we put up with.

Size isn't bad, though it is kind of a surprise. I'm always keeping my eyes out for more backpack-style bases.
>>
>>9877636
Where'd you get that Kira tote? It looks really nice for shopping or daily use.
>>
>>9878798
I think you picked a very flattering blue, anon! It doesn't drown out the blue of his uniform and still makes the merch pop
>>
>>9878444
I can't believe you're white knighting cokan just so you can feel better about your $8 shitty chain. You really don't belong in this thread sweetie
>>
>>9878894
I think the glitter thing is more of a bandwagoner appeal. A lot of the original wego hearts had glitter windows and they popularized itabags in the West, then last year the to alice bags also came with glitter. For some reason newer baggers, and especially younger baggers, just think that glitter is the way to go and they like the sparkledesu. Honestly I don't mind glitter in person and it's not as obtrusive on light colored bags, but a window of glitter and a black bag is my worst visual nightmare.
>>
>>9878979
It's $10. But they're autistic so don't waste your time let them burn and buy their merch their merch from aitai kuji too lmao
>>
>>9878661
ugh i do this too. i’d probably be way less cluttered without it but what if..i need it some day
>>
File: bootlegchan.png (488 KB, 485x1056)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>
>>9879070
is the person with the bag the same one an anon posted a screenshot of about bootlegs in a discord server? Jesus christ
>>
Where do you all get your badges and pins from? My Naruto bag has a shit ton of straps in it but I can't find any badges since all of them are from Boruto right now and I hate how Naruto looks in Boruto
>>
File: idiotalert.png (50 KB, 462x534)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>9879070
Idiot comment of the year goes to...
>>
File: bootlegchanfull.png (921 KB, 1768x1396)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
Wanted to cap before mods deleted it all.
>>
>>9878924
At the Sendai Jojofest last August! I spent my summer break there, going to the art exhibit, the “Owson” (redecorated Lawson), and buying disgusting amounts of Jojo merch.
>>
>>9879089
>>9879089
The only ones that could possibly be official are the 2 cospa acrylics (but even those have bootlegs)

The rest I have the official versions and could take pics if you want to see
>>
>>9879089
You can tell she has no idea what she's talking about
>>
>>9879089

If the community has become more "toxic", it's because all the newbies, bandwagoners, and idiots keep asking the same stupid questions and acting like there's a debate to be had, and then they cry about how mean and toxic and unwelcoming the community is. Not that it was ever perfect, but christ. If you whine about how bootlegs are okay, you're the fucking problem making the hobby toxic, not the people telling you not to buy stolen garbage.

I don't have anything creative to say, but I'm so fucking tired of this same goddamn argument happening once a goddamn week in the year of our lord 2018 (current year argument).
>>
>>9879238
You know they're too stupid and lazy to use a proxy.
>>
>>9877194
Eeeep, my husbando! I'm actually waiting for a strap of him to arrive. I've not seen an itabag of him before so this is so cool! OMG, I didn't know one of my favorite artworks of him got made into a badge (purple one). I always wanted to get some kind of merch of that art. It's so nice to see that White Day stuff being used too. He's half-naked and holding a bouquet; how much more appropriate merch can you get for an itabag? :D I have a clear file of the art and I was tempted to get the lifesize tapestry but it was pretty pricey. Interesting to see it used inside a bag. And the daki! <3 I so wanted to order that when it came out.

So funny that when the show aired there were hardly any badges and straps and now there are a ton. Thank you, FGO for bringing him back. He and his blue-haired counterpart are my husbandos so they fight with me when new merch comes out and I'm waving cash in their directions.
>>
>>9878661
I do, in case I want to sell something in the future. I actually did a massive clean out last year and I was so glad I kept all the packaging over the years because I would not have had enough bags to protect the items during shipping. I had a whackload of shitajiki I had taken off the sleeves for to store them in binders and way later when I sold them I had to use those sleeves again because they would've scratched like hell otherwise.
>>
>>9878661
God knows I do. I've got a dozen assorted boxes with a ton of bubble wrap and plastic bags I keep stored in my "shipping bin". Every month or so I have to force myself to get rid of boxes so I don't look like a hoarder. Those Toreba boxes are a lifesaver.
>>
>>9879390
LOL, I'm always keeping shipping boxes "just in case". Bubble wrap is handy to keep as you can use it for all sorts of items. When I was doing my huge clean out I needed multiple boxes and that was the only time I was so glad I kept a stack of them. I went through a literal tower of them and that was great because I had those boxes forever and wanted to justify using them at last! Now that I'm done mass shipping, I keep one or two boxes as I might want to sell some bigger items later, but definitely not as nuts as that clearout time.
>>
>>9879309
The only toxic person there was the one calling everyone else toxic lmao. The people telling her not to use bootlegs were civil and helpful.

The sad thing is, this very OP image is an NDRV3 bag. If that person can make one I don't see why anyone else can't.
>>
>>9879089
>>9879070
Honestly, I think the only way these bootleg lovers will get the fucking point is if someone goes to their tumblr, steals all their artwork, and starts selling it. Maybe getting their own shit stolen will make them realize, hey, stealing is bad and is hurting the original artist.
Its like when a pixiv artists just deletes their entire account and all their work because they are tired of people taking their art and posting/selling it without any credit. Everyone loses out, because some asshole didn't care enough.
Like, its not a hard concept.
>>
>>9879417
But then they'd just whine about how they don't get to have the thing anymore and use it to justify bootlegs and reposts, because, wahhhhh, now it's the ONLY WAY TO GET IT.

because they think they deserve it or something.
>>
>>9879411
>>9879417
Even in that comment section, it was pointed out that using fanmerch and supporting fanartists who like the same character is fine too. There's really no justification for bootlegs.
>>
>>9879174
Those are bootlegs too, they are missing the Spike Chunsoft text and the transparent border is too thick.
>>
>>9879343
Oh wow, I never expected to see anyone else in these threads who liked him! That wasn't my bag, I took it from the twitter of a jp fan who's insanely dedicated, but I've been putting together a bag for him too since last year! I've been too shy to post it but I'm looking forward to taking it out for the first time at a convention next weekend.

I forgot until reposting the pic that the purple one even existed...I have yet to see it come up on yja haha. I lost out on the dream cushion once, too, and I haven't seen it again since then...Maybe someday.
>>
>>9879070
why on earth do people think fanmerch is cheaper?

pardon the tangent, but, like, I'm bagging for a series that's a huge FOTM with a character with decently high tax (not as bad as some others have it, but still), and I've *still* spent more on average for the couple pieces of fanmerch I've picked up than I have for most of my official merch.
I kinda get it for some things where there might be less merch available, but I see it brought up in every single discussion about "wahhh I'm poor and can't afford official merch", but you're not exactly saving a lot of money by buying a bunch of fanmerch charms for $10+ a pop.
>>
>>9879561
Some fanmerch is cheap. Like artist alley $1 buttons.
>>
>>9879561
>I'm bagging for a series that's a huge FOTM with a character with decently high tax
>not exactly saving a lot of money by buying a bunch of fanmerch charms for $10+ a pop.
Are you sure you know what high character tax is?
>>
>>9879561
Buttons are consistently cheap, and 10$ is at the lower end of official merch for some characters.
>>
>>9879561
Uh because it is??? Are you sure you know what character tax is?

Unless your character is extremely unpopular that people are trying to get rid of them, the usual it'll cost you for an acrylic is 1200-1500¥ . If they have high tax (like the very danganronpa character shown literally a few comments up) you're looking at 3000-5000¥. That's not including limited merch from AGF or Comiket which goes for even more or rarer older merch. Also Japanese baggers tend not to use *any* fanmerch in their bags so there's more demand and competition for official goods.

A $10 fanart charm is always going to be considerably cheaper than a $30 official one (plus proxy fees on top). There's no argument here. The only times it ever costs more to buy fanmerch is if the character is unpopular or they just don't have any official stuff.

No, you're not saving money buying fanmerch by any means because the money you spent on that fanart could have been used to save up for official goods. (Provided the official merch exists). "The waaaah I can't afford official" comes from 15 year old girls who picked up their aliexpress base bag at a con and have no idea how to use a proxy or get their allowance from their parents.
>>
I wish SideM merch wasn't so ugly. My favorite unit keeps getting stuck in the same two 1+ year old sets, and they're both the worst.
>>
>>9878894
theres also this design, same size. glitter thing is iffy, a lot of people seem to like it.
>>
>>9879728
The color and window design are good but god, Gilgamesh is not the character for this bag.
>>
>>9879728
>>9879728
This is such a boring looking base bag. Sorry, dont really like it.
>>
>>9879728
I'd really like that if there wasn't any glitter.
>>
>>9879728
Seconding >>9879776. The bag itself would be fine, albeit nothing particularly special, without the glitter. While it can work, often as not, it just makes bags really hard to photograph and obscures the merch.
>>
>>9879168
Neat!! I wonder if I can find one on yahoo jp sometime when funds allow it. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>9879477
It's cool you're also making a bag of him AND that you'll get to show it off in time for your convention. :) Well, if you do take pics at least you'll know one person in here will like it. :D Is your bag like a backpack or a shoulder bag?

I was there when the Lancer dream cushion cover came out but I felt silly spending so much money on something I wouldn't use so I didn't get it. I was really tempted, though! I did get rewarded with my patience as later a poster of both Lancers came out and it has become one of my top favorite Fate items in my meager collection.

I recently got a badge for FSN Lancer and had to pay through the nose for it. Exclusive art, character tax, rare limited piece AND a lottery. I had to also pay tax for the FZ Lancer strap I'm waiting to get but it wasn't as bad as that badge! Thar be Cu Chulainn fans with their endless pockets of monay. What made up for the high cost was the nice surprise of finding out the badge was a 2" instead of the 1" like I had assumed. I got an Archer from the same set and didn't get taxed too badly, whew! I'm in hardcore 3D love right now, but I keep returning to my 2D Lancers time and again, year after year. <3
>>
File: unknown.png (746 KB, 530x621)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>>9879070
"Mostly fanmade stuff + bootlegs" they said, i did a little bit of detective work and this is the result. Red are bootlegs, orange seem to be charms with stolen fanart you can find on ebay, blue i couldn't find, and green are fanmerch.

It's not even "mostly fanmade stuff + bootlegs", it's "mostly stolen fanart + bootlegs"
>>
>>9879728
Man that pearl white is gorgeous though, I hope to see more bags with it! Stitching seems really neat around the weird shape thing idk what it's meant to be. Is this the same person doing the sakura bags?

>>9879898
Jfc it's even worse than imagined. I like that that only non stolen thing is still ruined with googly eyes lmao
>>
File: 03_009-600.jpg (291 KB, 600x800)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>9879846
It's this furry wego heart tote. I got it bc I love soft furry things but also because in black it's reminiscent of the boar that killed him haha. I've got some roses and a boar plush attached to it right now but I'd really to do something more with my outer decorations. I think that's what I'm gonna focus on after the con.

I only got into fate relatively recently so there's all sorts of fun stuff I know I've missed out on. Still, I'm thankful for the renewed FZ cafe merch coming out right now!
>>
Has anyone tried otsukai yet?
>>
>>9878661
I used to throw the boxes away, but now I keep them in case I decide to resell.
I listed a like-new condition rubber strap for $10 once and some cunt wouldn't offer above $5 just because I didn't have the original box.

>>9879077
Here ya go: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/item/search/%E3%81%86%E3%81%9A%E3%81%BE%E3%81%8D%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88+%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%82%B8+-%22boruto%22/Al_11_Yh_YhRaAmOm_N_N_0A00ja00_N/lgk-link_search
Or searching for "うずまきナルト バッジ -"boruto"" on any Japanese site should give you something to work with.
>>
I’m modifying a regular bag to have a clear window and wanted to ask if any of you know what gauge of vinyl is appropriate?
>>
>>9879959
Cute bag! I was just talking to someone about having a fuzzy pouch I liked touching. I'd probably like to do the same for your bag. :) Is it a small shoulder bag size or a bigger A4 size kind of bag? I'm not familiar with all the Wego sizes. LOL about the boar reference. Poor Diarmuid.

I got into Fate around 2008, I think. At the time, only a handful of figures came out and almost no character goods. Once FZ got going, the merch train really began rolling. Then when UBW aired then finally the Cu Chulainn stuff totally landslided in. Having FGO always around is great to get items for both Lancers. I keep an eye out but I don't buy much. The strap I got is from the recent FZ cafe theme, the Diarmuid one of the orange theme. Do you know that one? I saw this art had come out for a standee last year but I wanted it as a strap. Great that it happened!
>>
What would be a good bag for small plush (like tsum tsum style ones?)

I know boxier bags where things won't be quite as squished exist but I'm not sure where to look.
>>
>>9880114
Check Wego (though a lot is sold out, so check secondhand) or Berry Q.
>>
>>9879898
I own the same charm that's in blue, it's fanmade BOOTH merch that got resold on ebay. I think it would work in green or orange.
>>
>>9879940
What's the sakura bag? Google is only giving CCS bags.
>>
>>9879561
>what is character tax
Not every series has 1000 options like love live or yoi anon.
>>
>>9879940
>Jfc it's even worse than imagined. I like that that only non stolen thing is still ruined with googly eyes lmao
The whole shop is full of ugly shit, as someone who's also doing a oumasai itabag like angry-chan but without bootlegs and half official and half fanmade merch I gotta say it's not all that hard. Just use storenvy, tictail and booth for fan merch instead of the first page of ebay and fugly shit from etsy.
I just feel bad that of all the possible fanmerch stores she bought from this from floroshop.
>>
>>9880144
Angry-chan isn't even the bootleg bagger which makes it worse.
>>
File: huuuuh.jpg (36 KB, 362x346)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9880149
So she's mad about someone else getting called out on bootlegs? I'm really curious to see if angry-chan's bag now.
>>
File: 01.jpg (262 KB, 932x933)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>9880150
There are her bags
>>
File: 02.jpg (185 KB, 701x960)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>9880150
>>9880152
This one is supposed to be an OC bag.
>>
File: 03.jpg (112 KB, 685x960)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>9880150
>>9880154
>>
>>9880152
I expected way worse, no idea who the characters are and if these are bootlegs or not but most of it looks like fanmerch to me which I think is perfectly fine as long as it's not stolen art.
Now her being so pissed about that makes even less sense lol.
>>
File: 04.jpg (298 KB, 960x960)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>9880155
>>9880157
Yeah she doesn't buy bootlegs herself lmao but I guess she wants fb to stay the hugbox that it is
>>
File: happy-fish.png (75 KB, 600x317)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>9879959
>>9880044
I'm so happy to see more Fate fans with itabags. I got into Fate a little big after the first season of Zero was finishing, and it just warms my heart to see people love the series as much as I do, especially when it comes to a character to limited merch like Dia.

>mfw we're so spoiled with merch now
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 749x973)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
WTB posts are dumb and I hate having to look at them
>>
>>9880249
> you're able to send packages for 10
so she can bitch when they arrive damaged and 3 months later?
>>
>>9880154
Making an OC itabag is like the ultimate self-indulgence, good on her. Knowing the other bags might have bootleg merch makes me dislike the whole bunch, though.
>>
Won some auctions this week for some merch, super excited to start a new bag!! I’ve been getting really into Japanese pro-wrestling recently and it makes me really happy so I’m super looking forward to building this bag.
>>
>>9880275
Right? It's a cute oc too, also I'm pretty sure angry chan herself doesn't buy bootlegs she just doesn't like it when other people get criticized for having bootlegs.
>>
>>9880044
It's larger than A4 size. I can't check the external measurements right now, but I know the insert I made was 12x12 with a little indent cut out for the velcro.

I do know the oranges one! It's one of the most recent pieces I've added to the bag, once they started showing up on yja I couldnt stop myself from snagging one bc it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

>>9880215
It warms /my/ heart to see this kind of message! I'd osmosised a lot of Fate knowledge from having been a figure collector for a long time and having loads of friends in the fandom, but I only watched Zero for the first time last year...I'd never had an interest in itabags before either, but something about Diarmuid managed to be an arrow in my heart. After about six months of still feeling the same way about him I decided it wouldn't hurt to buy a cute bag and give this a shot.

Thanks for your support, anons! I have another batch of merch coming in after the con, so maybe it'll be a bag worth posting then.
>>
>>9880312
He got you with his Love Spot!! :')
>>
Has anyone ever seen a piece of merch they didn't initially want, but after some thought, you went back for it and it was sold and you're cursing yourself for over a year because another listing for that item hasn't popped up and no one seems to be able to find it? Because that's where I'm at and I am highly frustrated.

>>9880312
>>9880405
Jumping in late on this conversation but ahh fellow F/Z fans! My bag is dedicated to Saber/Irisviel (though I do adore Dia as well), but I'm so happy to see that among all the Grand Order baggers, there's still some love for Zero. :')
>>
>>9880154
I love OC bags personally when they're done well but that ribbon is a mess
>>
>>9880137
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bir-NZJjSau/
>>
>>9880312
I guess you could say I was "waiting" for a year for that oranges Diarmuid art to turn into a strap, LOL. I never expected that to happen but I always had a little hope so when I saw the strap for sale last month I was really happy! I also picked up the Kerry in a watermelon boat. That art totally suits him since the boat is from one of my favorite episodes of FZ. I'd like to get more Kiritsugu goods but few things have interested me so to get something of him is quite exciting even if Diarmuid is my l-u-v.

Ah, just to bask in the new FZC merch, here's the link:

http://machiasobi.com/machiasobicafe/collabo/zerocafe2/

>>9880215
Yay, another Dia fan! I'm actually not a huge itabagger but I just like getting merch that happens to be itabaggable. :) I rarely buy blu-rays, but I did for FZ. Pricey, but what a gorgeous series to watch on a TV. Plus Yuki Kajiura as composer is <3.
>>
>>9880494
I have a grail canbadge that pops up every once in a while for around $100USD, and I have this love hate relationship where I always talk myself out of buying it and then hate myself for not buying it later.
>>
>>9880494
I have the issue where the item I wanted went up and has my favorite art ever while I was off work sick so I couldn't afford it, then never saw it since. I wait patiently but it's been 3 years
>>
>>9880494
I missed out on some life sized wall scrolls for my shrine but didn't have money at the time since my hours were cut really short. I haven't seen them anywhere else since then.
>>
>>9880669
what kind of canbadge is $100?! i’m so curious
>>
>>9880721
Wait until you see the $1000 acrylic.
>>
File: DcrYz0VVQAUKkoF.jpg (139 KB, 1200x872)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>
File: DcrY2UaUQAEdwH8.jpg (131 KB, 1200x900)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>9880749
>>
File: DcrY9EzVwAAMlZP.jpg (273 KB, 1200x899)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>9880750
>>
File: DcrchFsVAAAM_xl.jpg (229 KB, 1200x899)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>9880751
>>
>>9880749
Absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>9880279
Oh my goodness! I was actually considering building a Golden Lovers bag and then decided against it. I'm super excited to see someone else tackling a poru-wresu bag. Congrats on winning and I can't wait to see the results!
>>
>>9880494
Oh, is yours the one with all the lilies that's been posted in here before? I love that one so much! Saber/Iri is such a good ship and I was so happy to see someone devote a bag to it even with what little merch Iri has.
>>
>>9880721
A dinner plate with a pin on it
>>
File: 871523995.jpg (19 KB, 242x241)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>9880721
It's not even that pretty, just rare. Literally recycled headshot and sprite art from the game. That's the argument I keep making to myself to not buy it, at least - but its one of two pieces of official merchandise in existence, so I want it anyways.

BUT, it's a small batch release of a side character from a game that's several years old, and was released as part of a set of 3 badges. The set is currently on Surugaya for 13,500 yen. The lowest I've ever seen a listing for this badge is 6,000, it pops up once every six months or so and is usually around 10,000.
>>
File: DUt9-x5U0AAU8cP.jpg (107 KB, 842x595)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>9880749
Bags that look like character outfits are the best.
>>
>>9880844
Don't do it anon wait for it to go up on mercari or something

I know who you are and your bag looks lovely as it is! $100 is absurd for that badge imho
>>
>>9880844
Niles is not my type of husbando but even if he was, a 100 bucks for that badge is not worth it, anon. As you said, it's nothing special, the background and framing for that headshot is disappointing.
>>
i’m so glad that itabags are popular in the us, straps I’ve been literally holding onto for years new are selling fast.
>>
>>9880494
Dia husbando anon, here. I'm surprised so many Dia fans are in this thread. Nice! I always hear about FGO nowadays for itabags so it's great people still like FZ. :) I love Saber/Iri but there's hardly any merch of them. My heart hurts when I watch the end of the show and I think of those two.

I can't stand when I change my mind later about wanting to get a piece of merch I initially didn't care for. The most inanely frustrating was I saw two sets of Sailor Moon stickers I didn't think much about at first but later really wanted. Out of the bajillion types of merch that should be around a couple months later after release, you'd think some silly stickers would be at the top, but no, they were sold out everywhere! I found one set but the other I couldn't find. Well, there's one auction now but the seller is asking for such a ridiculous price that I might as well buy an art book or something else. The good thing that makes up for this is the sticker art is printed on a bunch of other stationery goods so I can at least get the art on a clear file which I got. I would still like to get the stickers but I'm not holding my breath that I'll find them for a fair price. Here's to being thankful the one time an artwork gets printed on a million different items! The irony, of course, is this theme's stationery is still being sold in shops so it's like a tease for the stickers I couldn't get.
>>
>>9880595
Thats actually pretty cute, but aside from a CCS bag, I don't know what I could use it for.

Salt time-Why are so many itabaggers (new and old) so damn lazy lately? Every day I see a WTB-LL/Fate/Bnha post, as if those aren't the most common sale items in the past year.
I can be lazy as hell too, but I at least do the min. amount of effort before I start taking shortcuts.
>>
>>9880595
The pink one is adorable, but the black one doesn't suit the sakura motif and is covered in glitter. I don't see how anyone would want that one.
>>
>>9881122

Yuna Yuki would be a good one because of the flower motifs, but I'm not sure how much merch is available for that.

I'm building a CCS bag but I have so much merch that I might have to make a secondary one so this might do the job as an overflow bag.
>>
>>9880595
>https://www.instagram.com/p/Bir-NZJjSau/

> cherrymagicclub@kzcast it looks smaller bc of the width of the bag compared to the length (the window is in equal proportion), but i’ll talk to my manu about making the window bigger. and you can choose a non-glitter option!

Oh nice! The window looks a bit small to me too but it seems like they want it bigger as well? No glitter option too
>>
>>9879652
What unit are you making a bag for, Anon? I'm a Dramatic Stars producer so finding merch isn't difficult, but even they get the same art recycled often.

I can't imagine the struggle of finding varied merch for the other units - hoping that a new set is released for you soon!
>>
Has anyone made a 'pouch' for their phone?

I only found this one, and I don't like the looks and the colors don't match my char.
I ended up buying some nice fabric and am currently waiting for the clear.
Would love to see some homemade stuff.
>>
Does anyone have a pic of a Hisoka bag? I'm dead broke and I wanna see a bag dedicated to my husbando but I have never seen one.
>>
Gomen in advance I don’t lurk very often, just check in sometimes to look at inspo. Found attached bag on Ali and I’m oddly in love with it, but I need it in black, very tempted to make my own but I also have no idea what I would put in it.

What are your favorite crossbody bags? I see a lot of backpacks but I hate wearing them, definitely looking for some different styles to inspire me.

Also, is Show By Rock anon still in these threads? I’m the Crow anon from a few threads back, wanted to get in touch if you have anything of him left over from splits!
>>
>>9881355
This is from Wego originally and they have the black ones in stock on their website for under $20.
>>
File: Stamp_014001.png (18 KB, 200x165)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>9880494
This has happened to me with quite a bit of Yume Nikki merch. The one that DID get listed again is priced at about triple it's worth, too...so instead I bought 4 keychains for the price of 1.
>>
>>9881367
Oh awesome, thanks anon! Apologies for not looking myself, I’m not well versed in searching for base bags.
>>
File: DdLDHDfXUAAHljh.jpg (181 KB, 1024x576)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
I'm glad that more western companies are designing base bags but why are they all edgy.
>>
does anyone have any pics of bags that include instax polaroids/cheki? or recommendations on how to do this well?
>>
File: image (2).jpg (1.28 MB, 3358x2463)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>9881355
sure am! currently trying to fill out this baby with the minimal amatelast merch that exists. let me know where i can hit you up, i have an omanjuu with your name on it.
>>
>>9881514
Source on this one, please?
>>
>>9881528
Bless you, anon! I’ll drop my email and we can go forward from there? Love love the Amatelast so far! Good choice!
>>
>>9881553
Shit idk how to work 4chan anymore I guess. Email is sora_tbiyomon@yahoo.com (don’t judge I was 12 lmao)
>>
>>9881546
Found the pic from here:
https://twitter.com/ohcararara/status/996067450688081924
Apparently the company had a soft opening and aren't actually open yet.
>>
>>9881575
Ah I see. Might keep an eye out for the official opening. Thank you anon!
>>
I don't know how big name fandoms do it. They get merch released monthly, sometimes even weekly and here I'm struggling to keep up with a much smaller fandom that barely releases new merch every other month. My collecting OCD is demanding that I collect every single merch for my husbando but having my hours cut these past couple of months means I haven't been able to set aside any fun money.

I've notice quite a few anons mention that they were going on a break these past couple of threads so I was wondering if they were hitting the same problem?
>>
>>9881122
There's so many anime girls with sakura motifs, how is CCS the only one you can come up with?
>>
File: 4Lmh4Ydl.jpg (228 KB, 1000x750)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>9881355
Other sb69 anon here. I really love my deco room wego bag. It doubles as a handbag and crossbody, and has a nifty drink bottle holder inside.
>>
>>9881614
I mostly read/watch seinen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>9881122
Idk I feel like I could think of a lot more characters a sakura motif would work for. I havent watched dagashi kashi but I know it focuses on Japanese candy. Isnt sakura shapes a popular motif for traditional Japanese sweets? It could probably work for that show or anything that has to do with wagashi

I also dont follow this series but doesnt Touken Ranbu have sakura motifs? At least their logo does.

And finally. Someone could make a sick itabag for sakura flavored starbucks drinks
>>
>>9881122
>>9881661
Off the top of my head
>Sakurauchi Riko from Love Live
>Cure Flora from GoPri Precure
> Sakura Chiyo from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
> HaNaYaMaTa (focus on flowers and iirc Naru is associated with sakura)
>Hanasaku Iroha maybe?
>sakura Miku (although I'm not sure theres too many goods for her avaliable these days)

and I don't know if I'm misremembering the series but I feel like it'd work for Alice from Kiniro Mosaic a well? It could be cute for the main pairing from a high school romance anime too, given how popular the opening/graduation ceremony tropes are!

It's understandable that CCS comes to mind first but if you sit down and think for a while there's actually quite a lot of characters and series with heavy sakura association
>>
>>9881673
Technically the sakura bag would work for the entirety of µ's in Love Live, since their school's crest is a sakura.
Not sure how many people would catch that, though.
>>
>>9881610
Sometimes you've just got to step back and prioritize real life things over merch and bags.

Personally, I just lost my job so now that I'm a new NEET I'm using my leftover money to buy merch I won't be able to afford for who knows how long. After that, that's it. No new merch or anything so I figure might as well do it now while I can.
>>
>>9881673

Any Da Capo girl as well as it's set on an island with the magical phenomena that the blossoms are always in bloom all year around.
>>
Aitaikuji at it again!

"Because the original isn't a Japanese brand therefore it's unbranded to begin with so we don't care if it's a bootleg version of a Chinese bag"
>>
File: 20180515_153907.jpg (499 KB, 1064x1510)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>9881794
Wow I forgot to dump the image
>>
>>9881794
It really just goes to show how they don't know shit about itabags. But I guess we already knew that.
>>
>>9879109
Obviously she's a dumbass but tbqh if you don't give a fuck about studios and shit (like I haven't paid for a game since 2009 and I've never bought anime) why the fuck should I care about bootlegs if they look like the real deal? I mean let's just say you dig the itabag aesthetic but you have better things to spend your money on, like rent and student loans. Why should I care then?
>>
>>9881869
>but you have better things to spend your money on, like rent and student loans.
Then this hobby isn't for you and you're just a poser.
>>
>>9881869
If you dig the itabag aesthetic but don't actually care enough about any one character or media to want to spend money on genuine articles for them, don't make an itabag. Pick up some pins and make a conbag or something.
>>
>>9881869
Yeah but.... that's just not what this hobby is about? Bootlegs only harm the thing you supposedly love enough to have a bag for.
>>
File: DdQJzqLVMAIWeJ8.jpg (186 KB, 1200x1200)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>9877234
I tried putting mine in one of the heart bags from F21. You kinda have to put it in at an angle to fit but if you can fill it with flowers or other smaller plushies or whatever I think it can look decently cute. I may try something with the manjuu that I have.
>>
>>9881869
> has rent, has bills, has a family to feed, has other hobbies, has a social life
> still manages to afford to her hobby after all that

Then there's you
> wah I have debt and rent so i buy bootlegs because I don't know how to budget my own fucking money properly
>>
>>9879940
>>9879799
>>9879733
>>9879776
it comes with and without glitter. sakura bag is my cherrymagicclub and pearl bag is byshoprozarria (same as drippy bag)
>>
>>9881869
If you just like the aesthetic of an itabag and don't care about supporting the series, why bother joining groups/communities on itabags at all? Just keep your bag to yourself and nobody will complain about it.
If you are joining a hobby community about building portable shrines to show off love and dedication for a character/series/wtv, it's only normal to expect backlash if you're buying counterfeit goods and not contributing/supporting in the slightest something that you claim to love.

Plenty people have spoken here about how they manage to budget and still buy official despite having rent, loans, etc to worry about too.
>>
>>9882056
At this point I can't tell if they're bait or if they're actually retarded.
>>
I was thinking as an artist I would design my own charms and pins and include them with the official merch I already have. I'm a huge collector but not too familiar or involved with any bag community, so I guess my question is, is it in poor taste/bootleg to design my own merch and have it printed? Thanks.
>>
>>9882130
I'd honestly find it impressive, plus it means you have ultra exclusive merch on your bag ! Just don't be like Dorito girl in the FB thread and you'll be good
>>
>>9882141
*FB group

Fuck me I can't write today
>>
>>9882130
>is it in poor taste/bootleg to design my own merch and have it printed?

THERE
IS
AN
FAQ
IN
OP
THAT
ANSWERS
THIS


and it's been discussed in every thread since the dawn of time jfc just learn to read
>>
>>9882130
>is it in poor taste/bootleg
Anon, do you know what bootleg means? If you're making your own original designs it's not fucking bootleg.
>>
>>9881152
Legenders. It's probably just because they debuted last and have the least art to use, but most of their merch that isn't the base outfits is that awful chess set. I'm sure they'll get around to their other sets eventually, but for now it sucks.

Do you have any pictures of your bag, by the way? Drastars seems like a fun unit to color-coordinate.
>>
>>9879652
Oh god same. I want to make a Kaoru bag but most of his merch is orange and clashes with his dark blue image color.
>>
>>9879652
S.E.M anon here and happy to say most of their merch matches beautifully. With the exception of a handful of merch based on the Taisho Roman cards. The olive drab is kind of horrible with the hot pink but I still have this and will make it work.

But yeah the DraStars unit color is unfortunate even yellow would have worked better
>>
Dumb question, please spoonfeed me

Does a pastel orange base bag exist?
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 400x512)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>9882540
This is the closest I could think of, you might need to have one commissioned
>>
How should I go about modifying a regular bag to have a window? I've got all of the supplies I need but I'm worried I'll mess it up haha.
>>
>>9882117
Not bait; I've always just been an anti-consumerism kind of person (which is fair to say this kind of thing isn't for me, case and point). However, I think the bags are cute in a sort of "oh christ why" kinda way and I've considered making joke ones as accessories for certain cosplays. If I can do it for 50 bucks instead of 500, why not? I do still respect/admire people who do chose to spend their money on stuff like this, sure it's wasteful but that's the point. But why get mad at people who don't buy into it the same way you do? I also get how needless gatekeeping can be fun, and it's certainly funny to read people getting mad about things in general. Like >>9881876 says here you could just make a 'con bag', but at a certain point in time if you use a 'bootleg' bag and fill it with 'bootleg' merch, but it looks identical to the real thing, to an outsider it /is/ the real thing. If you have a decent replica coach bag to the uninitiated, and depending on it's quality even some initiated people, won't be able to tell the difference. For context, I came into liking anime and cosplay at a time where you could really only get into it via illicit means. When I buy a figure or wall scroll it's not to 'support' anything, it's because I genuinely like the way that it looks.
>>
>>9882596
Just make your own merch instead of supporting theft and organized crime then, FFS
>>
>>9882596
>I've always just been an anti-consumerism kind of person
so... you choose to support people making money by stealing? what kind of logic is that?
>>
>>9882599
>organized crime
>resin pictures of cartoon characters
Sure the same way stealing lunch money or cubans making 50's fords is organized crime.

>>9882601
I doubt a large publishing company is going to go the way of the woolly mammoth because of a few children buying Chinese trinkets. Coach is still around and people have been faking their bags for decades.
>>
>>9882607
it's not unusual for piracy operations to be run by large criminal organizations, it's a low-risk/high-reward gig that funds other things.
>>
>>9882607
To Alice went out of business because of bootlegs.
Bags instead of merch, but still the same concept.
>>
>>9882596
>>9882607
>>
>>9882609
High end fashion brands are a little different, I agree with that. But a company that regularly puts out games or TV anime isn't going to go under because resin phone trinkets don't sell. Maybe the companies that license the characters to make said trinkets will.

On the topic of artists having their work 'stolen', it's not like any artist gets specific commission off of orders of certain trinkets when it comes to these large companies. If they do the 'stealing' argument is a more valid. Likely it's a set payment they receive at the time of them drawing the character, or they're kept on payroll by the company. Obviously I dislike a person who pedals stolen fan art as their own, but that's primarily because they're wronging a person, not an organization with their fingers in many different businesses. Sony for example bankrolls records, home video, video games, TV shows for profit along with resin trinkets. When the resin trinket isn't valuable anymore neither will a bootleg one.
>>
>>9882607
Coach is still around because the prices of their bags, and the amount of people who still buy them, still earns them a massive amount of money. Anime companies still just barely squeak by, mostly by selling merch, because, like you said, most anime fans just pirate that shit.

Its like the difference in pirating a game made by EA, or an indie developer. EA is still going to sell millions of their games, and rake in a huge profit, even if a million people pirate that shit every year. An indie developer is going to be very hurt if even a quarter of the people interested in their game pirate it, often to the point where they go out of business forever because of it.

If you're going to buy bootlegs, then obviously you've made up your mind about it, and no amount of logic is going to convince you to do otherwise. Coming to the itabag thread, where everyone is committed to buying authentic merch, and bragging about how much money you saved by buying knockoffs is rude as shit though. You're not wanted here.
>>
>>9882614
A tool to what? I'm all ears.
>>
>>9882618
>But a company that regularly puts out games or TV anime isn't going to go under because resin phone trinkets don't sell.
No, but they'll stop putting out merch.
>>
>>9882618
Here's some real world evidence here. I used to work at a walmart that had a huge amount of things stolen every year. We had tons of security guards, cameras everywhere, but still, people who want to shoplift are going to find a way to do it. Walmart the business still made billions of dollars, but because our store was not as profitable, because of so much lost items, 30 people were let go, to make up the amount of money, that the stolen items would have sold for.

Yeah, the company didn't suffer much, but 30 fucking people lost their job, all because enough assholes wanted to steal toys and clothes and dvds and shit.
>>
File: 01.jpg (376 KB, 598x598)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
Anyway, bags.
>>
>>9882629
Resin trinkets yes, other stuff no. No offense to resin trinket fans but there's a reason bootleg figures aren't as much of a thing anymore and it's because the authenticity and complexity of said figures has increased to the point where it's hard to replicate. There is no such evolution for the cell charm.

>>9882620
>[...] is rude as shit though
Honestly the whole reason my interest was piqued is because every time I scroll these threads I see people being 'rude as shit' to literal children. I just wanted to try and get why it was allegedly justified or if it was just classic 'I like making fun of people'. Also for the record anime companies do just fine, many are vaguely owned by much larger organizations, it's the investors that squeeze them for everything they're worth.
>>
>>9882644
>Resin trinkets yes, other stuff no.
do you realize... what thread you're in...

>to literal children
lmao, just because their bags are shit or they have shitty opinions doesn't make them children, most of these people are in their late teens or older.
>>
>>9882596

100% of your values run contrary to the group you're trying to join. There's bound to be friction with the group, no matter what the values are. If you're actually looking for camaraderie and friendship I wouldn't even bother joining the group, it's pretty much a given that they'll argue with you non-stop because you have completely different values.

I don't see why you can't start your own itabag group though. Considering how anons bitch about them, there must be more than enough itabaggers our there who want to use bootlegs. Invite them over to your group, give yourself god mod powers, and best of all, to outsiders who don't even know what itabags are, let alone the point of them, both groups look even more crazy for not getting along. 12/10 joke.
>>
>>9882654
I never said I was trying to join anything. Your idea would be a very funny late-stage-capitalism sort of dystopian microcosm however.

>>9882651
Yes, teenagers in high school. The kind that do all kinds of stupid shit and grew up in who-cares ville Iowa oftentimes. Most people I know weren't particularly proud of who they were at 19.
>>
>>9882672
>I never said I was trying to join anything
Good god, then just fuck off already.
>>
File: Zakkamartbag.png (676 KB, 673x596)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
Does anyone own this base bag, was wondering if anyone could offer up a review? thinking about getting it but I'm between this one and the other small one with a giant bow
>>
File: shu.png (739 KB, 646x632)
739 KB
739 KB PNG
Is it just me, or have the itabag threads here recently become filled with idiots who want to be spoonfed and can't read?

These threads used to be the only itabag discussion place that didn't make me roll my eyes, but recently they've become as bad as the facebook group.
>>
>>9882721
>but recently they've become as bad as the facebook group

Wrong because there's not a hoard of people agreeing with them here.

And no Betty.
>>
File: DdEswMpV0AIg5Yd.jpg (704 KB, 2048x1536)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>9882721
If only we could stop replying to bait.
>>
>>9882721
Because people from Facebook keep coming here.
Some are less obvious about it but there's a definite shift.
>>
File: Potekoro.jpg (481 KB, 747x774)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
Are there any methods besides shame cubes that you guys would recommend for displaying plushes? I have a con this weekend so I was planning to rearrange my kakyoin bag, and I recently got these guys in the mail. I was hoping to add them before the con, but I have no shame cubes available and I'm using a Mycolle tote, which has very little window room. I was thinking of attaching them to the outside straps, but that still makes me worry. I've heard of some people putting a dot of hot glue into the ball chain clasps to help prevent them from coming undone, has anyone done that and had good results?
>>
>>9882731
is betty a meme at this point?
>>
>>9882773
I can't speak from experience, but I have heard of people replacing the ball and chain with a zip tie which sounds like a good idea?
>>
>>9882596
> Not bait; I've always just been an anti-consumerism kind of person

Then this is 100% not the hobby for you considering it's entire purpose is giving money to respectable companies who are trying to make a living and feed their own families.

Now fuck off and stop running our thread with your crap. You're not even self righteous you're just mentally retarded. You'll probably die from either the toxic materials bootlegs use and god forbid you buy anything electrical.
>>
File: woofles.jpg (196 KB, 900x1200)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>9882773
Harnesses are probably a little big for your tsums, but I thought this idea was very charming.
>>
>>9882773
>>9882889
I've seen hamster/guinea pig harnesses before lmao. Those are probably small enough, if you like the harness idea.
>>
>>9882889
>>9882890
>using hamster harnesses to attach tsumtsums/plushies to itabag
Nayrt but I have a deep, genuine appreciation for how fucking cute that idea is.
>>
>>9882644
Less popular shows don't even get figures in the first place so resin trinkets are the only thing we're getting.
>>
Guys its at the top of the thread
>>
>>9883096
You think that one anon reads?
>>
Unsure if this has been posted yet but I don't recall seeing it. If I'm blind and it has, please excuse me and ignore
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1508521183/ita-bag-purse-for-enamel-pins

Pinning through the PU is giving me aches
>>
>>9883269
Not a fan of this. It doesn't look like there's a lot of room nor does it look like it would take an insert very well. Also I think having the bag be black with different colours only on the side panel looks ugly. I don't even think the design is that appealing either.
>>
>>9883269
> make a bag
> put vinyl on it without thinking how it might be useful for merch
> call it an itabag
it's shit.
>>
>>9883269
Are my monitor colors fucked up or is that "teal" not actually teal in any capacity? It looks like mint green at best
>>
>>9883269
Why is it only black
>>
File: theseidiots.png (526 KB, 597x336)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>9883269
>PU leather bag
>wants you to pin straight through it
>>
>>9883269
I have enough of these indie designers not doing proper research
>>
>>9883269
> PU vegan Leather

But all PU leather is plastic, it's impossible for it not to be plastic. How can you have fucking vegan plastic
>>
>>9883269

the sheer force of how hard they're missing the point of pinbags, let alone actual itabags, is giving me an ulcer.

also it's ugly.
>>
>>9883304
I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to know the difference between teal, turquoise, and sea foam green (which is what I'd say that is).
>>
File: 1431558718194.jpg (56 KB, 500x281)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>9882776
I would've never thought zip ties! I might try that for this weekend, but I'm definitely leaning towards the harness ides like in >>9882889 for the future, it's absolutely adorable. Thanks anons!
>>
>>9883397
You're right, it is more of a seafoam. I sort of forgot about that as a color descriptor. Honestly, though........I expect blue/green color difficulties from the Japanese, given the nature of their color language, but I'd expect a Canadian to know what the fuck a teal looks like.
>>
A bag I ordered came in but it was folded to fit in the box, leaving a deep crease I've been trying (and failing) to get out with a hair dryer. Does anyone else have any other ideas on how to get rid of it? Or should I just suck it up and use the bag?
>>
>>9883555
An iron on a very low heat setting might work.
>>
>>9883269
I have so many questions as to why anyone would actually think this makes a good itabag (besides being ignorant), but my number one complaint is this:

I really hate when the designer just photoshops the colors onto where they would be in the final product. Not only does it not ever match what the actual colors end up being, but its just so lazily done too. Look at the light pink, they didn't even bother trying to redraw the seam, or to not paint over the leather part, they just fill bucket'd in the color and called it a day.
>>
>>9883555
Honestly I would take it up with the store/person you bought it from. I'm not usually a 'I want to talk to the manager' sort of person, but a giant crease on a bag meant to be shown off kinda defeats the purpose of buying it in my eyes.
>>
>>9883559
Thanks! I don't own an iron but I'll look into it.

>>9883622
I've been hoping that the clutter from my merch would take least take attention but I've contacted the forwarder I used to see what they can do for me.
>>
File: IMG_20180516_224307.jpg (386 KB, 1331x998)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
I was trying to find the source for OP bag because good DR bags are rare af and it looks like they updated it
>>
>>9883685
Used to dislike this bag because so many different pieces of merch used the same few assets. Now that there's more variety, I like it.
>>
>>9883379
Vegan leather is the industry term for textured fake leather. Sometimes very rarely it's made out of natural fibers, but the vast majority of it (even the good stuff) is just pleather.

Not saying that's a GOOD thing, but "vegan leather" isn't something the designer made up or pulled out of their ass, that's just what it's called in fashion marketing.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x640)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2JHY2DDM1/

More bags being designed. Hopefully they get a good manufacturer. It could be a decent full-window alternative to wego's winged backpacks.

Or it could be shit.
>>
File: eli.jpg (275 KB, 1080x1077)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
It's very sad putting bootlegs next to the authentic thing you know
Another example of a shitty taobao bag

Itabagcentral on ig is a goldmine
>>
>>9882411
Also bagging for Legs and I feel your pain. I was debating making JUST a bag of their debut art since that's all it seems to be. At least they're finally branching out.

Also fuck this character tax.
>>
It warms my heart to see so many sidem baggers! Just got these two in the mail, still need to figure out what base I want but I’m also still torn on a color.
>>
>>9883784
please god, no glitter window.
>>
File: 1518988975265.jpg (258 KB, 1024x768)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>9883794
How can you tell which are fakes (I'm assuming you're talking about the rubber straps)? I've been slowly replacing some bootlegs I've gotten over the years with the real things, and other then the stamping on the back, or unless there's an obvious defect, I cannot tell the differences.

Pic unrelated, but I'm liking the pin placements.
>>
>>9883910
It says glitter is optional, anon.
>>
File: 20180516_192318.jpg (988 KB, 1836x3264)
988 KB
988 KB JPG
So, I made this last night. Its the first rosette I've ever made, so of course I went about it the most complicated and illogical way possible, but I'm very happy with the result.

I'd like a little advice regarding the next one I make. Its for a character who's main colors are black, and dark grey. I feel like those colors are not going to contrast well, any details will get lost, and the whole thing will just look like a mess.
>>
>>9883934
It's possible to make it look interesting even with limited colours.

As for the one you posted, it doesn't look like you sealed the ends of the ribbon. It's fine, I guess, on the rest of it, but it makes the tails look messy.
>>
>>9883944
I totally forgot about the ends. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9883841
Impeccable taste.
>>
To the anons who wanted the lace up bags from Wego, it looks like they're restocking! It says on their website they'll be in around late June.
>>
>>9883912
Aside from the studio/series name on the back, another obvious detail is the lobster clasp.
Pointing up: official
Pointing down: bootleg
A sloppy keyring (that the lobster clasp is attached to) is another sign.

Aside from that, just Google what the official vs. bootleg of that strap are, sometimes people post comparisons. I have a strap where the only difference between it and the bootleg is the blush detail.
>>
>>9884059
Nayrt but I thought it had been previously discussed that the clasp was not always an indicator because not all official items have the clasp looking the same?
>>
File: itabg.jpg (643 KB, 1625x1219)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
Could I get some feedback on my WIP? I have to get a proper insert other than just the one that came with my bag, but here's what I'm thinking for placement. I think I realized too late that a handful of these are probably bootlegs, especially after the discussion here...

Not sure what embellishments I want to add. Maybe some gold chains and some trim and fur on the outside of the bag.

Grateful for all the fate love and especially f/z.

>>9877194
Extremely good. A very blessed a very charming and handsome young moleman.
>>
>>9883728
Yeah that's my problem with DR merch in general, it's all the same stock art or the pixel sprite. That's not really their fault, there's tons of merch but not much to work with in terms of variety. Though i have to admire this updated version because you can just tell they put a lot of thought, time and effort into making it. The balance is better this time too and the layout makes the bag look bigger than before. It has symmetry but there's differences in the merch that actually make it more interesting instead of being a direct mirror. For example there's two of the same acrylics but one has the hat on and one doesn't. The left side of the bag seems to be pink (DRs signature color) and the right is blue (Saihara's color) then there's the V shape with the chain and the whole "sets of 3" it has.

This is a really clever bag with a lot of money and love spent on it. God, I hated V3 but I would kill to see a komaeda bag this nicely done. sorry for rambling I'm used to seeing shitabags filled with bootleg dr stuff.
>>
>>9884316
Honestly the better dr bags I've seen were V3
>>
>>9884333

New thread




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.