[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 101 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: yikesbutimstillgoing.jpg (79 KB, 1353x500)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
The con is a little over a month away, figured I would make a thread to see if anyone else from /cgl/ might be going to this trainwreck. Not gonna lie, it's nostalgic as fuck but it's not good.
>>
Matt Daigle is doing his best to drive this con right into the ground and the staff isn't helping. Every year they have an entirely new staff.

As far as I know, they still don't have anyone in charge of the masq, but are accepting entries just not responding to them? It'll be an utter shit show.
>>
>>9893880
No idea about the masque specifically, but I know that the director for some of the cosplay events is the same. I'm in the craftsmanship contest and the email I got about it is the same person since I started competing at CTcon like 5 yrs ago
>>
>>9893771

in b4 toe suck
>>
>>9896907
i forgot about him. i pray i dont run into him this year...
>>
definitely nostalgia-con for me, and the only reason i think i'll be going. every year i tell myself it's the last and yet i always go back because of 12 year old weeb memories.

anyway, guess i'll give my line-up since that's generally how these threads start aside from the negativity:

fri:: Marisa - 2hu
Sat: Juliet - Granblue Fantasy

looking forward to absolutely no one knowing what character i am this year!
>>
Would be my 12th year consecutive but this is the year where I just give up on the con. Less and less things appeal to me, dealer hall gets smaller, outdoor security gets more and more intense, etc.
90% of my friends no longer attend and a 9PM at the latest cut off for the game room is awful after just attending Fanime with a 24/7 gameroom. As much as I would love to continue our fun meetups at the hotel bar; I gotta say it's a no from me dawg. I'll be going to AX instead.
>>
Lurker here. I'm finally going again after years for nostalgia purposes as well. Gonna make the best of it even if it is a trainwreck now.
>>
this is my first year not going. illness stripped my finances. pass out some bad manga buttons for me, fampai
>>
The only saving grace to this convention is the people I know who go there - I don't really have another Summer con so I go just to see me friends.

Gonna get me some cheesecake on Saturday though.
>>
I'm local, but I'm so done with CTCon. There's nothing that interests me at all, and staff just keeps getting worse and worse. So I'm not buying a badge this year. I'll be cosplaying and hanging out at Riverfest instead. Still get to see people and have fun without supporting Daigle's awful con.
>>
I'm local and I am not going. I have been saving money for AX and will give up on CTCon. Con was shit to begin with so I don't even care about skipping it.
>>
This is their program book art they just posted today. This is so hilariously awful.
>>
>>9912807
this makes me depressed.do you think that was the intent?
>>
There's a lot of things to not like about the con. For me the big ones are security and the shift towards "family friendly".

Securty urks me because they sacrifice convenience in hopes that the people who would otherwise sneak in will actually pay, which won't happen; those people will just hang around a little bit further away.

The family friendly thing urks me because kids aren't staying at the con past 9 anyways, so why can't we have more late-night 18+ panels? Is it because they treat all the adult panelists like they did Fakku? I don't get it.

Still, they're not big enough reasons to keep me from going, but this year i'll be going alone because all my friends gave up on the con. So it might be my last year just by that alone.

>>9899521
You will be missed, anon.
>>
>>9913237
I also want to add on that last year after the con I sent the daigle and his mum a letter with some recommendations (i was trying to be polite, too) and in return I got no response and was blocked by the mum on facebook
>>
Is it too late to start a cosplay for this con? I can get most of it done for sure but i'd need to make an EVA foam gauntlet. I can only work on it on the weekends and I've never worked with eva foam before. Not sure if I'm supposed to form the rough shape with the foam and then worbla around that or what the general strat is for metallic object props.

Anyone know a good seller for eva foam? Are there reputable sources on Amazon?
>>
>>9913237
Oh, the curfew isn't to be "family friendly," it's to save money.
As shown by their choice of art, they obviously aren't aiming for "family friendly" anymore.

>>9913066
It's super depressing. Whoever chose this as the program art must be high af. I could understand if this was art for Convivial, but not for the whole con.
>>
>>9913247
It's a month away, but if you're just doing a gauntlet I don't see why not.
If you don't need it to be super thick, EVA foam is just craft foam that you can get at any Michaels, Joanns, etc. You're probably better off in the general help thread, though, where more people will see your questions: >>9895715
>>
>>9912807
Do people even care about Nostalgia Critic anymore? I remember Doug being at another con like six-seven years ago and there wasn’t a crowd for him then either
>>
>>9913596
He always comes to CTCon and always has a big crowd. However, after all the Channel Awesome drama this year, I doubt many people care to see him anymore.
>>
>>9913237
The con closes at 9 cause Daigle's too cheap to pay for the space beyond that time.

Insider reports tell me the masquerade only has 13 entries. Just do a second Death Match at that point.
>>
for me its a friend con. all my friends from my hometown go. so i am entering the cosplay contest for the first time and i didnt realize that there was a due date (the 8th) as it wasnt stated for registration. i emailed the person a couple days ago and still no response. should i email them again?
>>
oh man like a lot of other seagulls here this is a nostalgia con for me. probably my 11th year going and it was my first con ever. that being said it's been depressing watching staff and daigle drive it to the ground.
my friends and i go to plenty of other cons but we always struggle to stop going to this one because it feels so personal.
all the bs with the con curfew, rave and not letting anyone even hang out on the stairs between the hotel and con after hours makes it really aggravating. i remember one year they forced the masq line outside during 90 degree weather and con staff yelled at me for sitting down when I was close to fainting from heat.
it's like every time I think it can't get worse it does. the price of the badge is absolutely ridiculous for what we get and i see the dealers room shrinking.... I just wonder how many years ctcon has left and it's upsetting to think about.
>>
>>9914094
I think its full for this year now, suprisingly; in the email i got a few days ago about my judging time they said they had a waitlist going
>>
>>9913237
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what happened with Fakku and Connecticon??

Also the 18+ content (what's left of it) has just gone to shit, that nerd fit panel a while back was pure garbage.
>>
If you don't plan on going to ctcon, the Miku expo is going on in NYC the same weekend.
>>
>>9914691
I don't know if everything I heard is accurate so take this with a grain of salt.

As far as I'm aware they (as in con administration) were strict on fakku from the start for being 18+, and it gradually got worse with restrictions on what they could sell in the dealer's hall and all that.

So Fakku wasn't really able to make money going to the con, and I guess beyond that they were basically like "you guys are too vulgar and immature, so get lost."

I also heard that the supposed reasoning given was that they knew kids were paying adults for their wristbands and getting into the panel so they didn't want a panel that was *actually* 18+ (i.e. No nudity) and Fakku basically responded by saying "then why bother with 18+ at all" and daigle flipped a shit saying that they had no right to challenge his authority or whatever and they haven't been back since.

Again, some of that is probably just blown up after being retold several times before getting to my ears, but that's the story I know.

My response to the wristband thing is what it always is: just card people at the door--sure the line will be longer but that's the only way to make sure kids don't get in. I mean I personally know 2 people that got wristbands underage when we were in high school.
>>
I'm bringing in a couple friends from out of state and we're going, hopefully it isn't too disappointing for them given they have nothing to compare it to. But fuck the politics revolving around it, what are people looking forward to?
>>
>>9914691

After our final year working the con, we were promised by our Online Media Guest handler that we would be given a spot for next year (all verbal nothing written.)

As the con approached, the guy that handled us no longer worked for the con and no one believed that we were promised a spot even though we were given guest of honor badges the year before.

We were told that we were 'stale' and didn't bring anything new to the con (because 10ish new books a year isn't good enough I guess) so they would not be inviting us back.

Daigle said that he would be willing to have us back next year if we were to make brand new paneling JUST for Connecticon which just wasn't plausible because AX is the only con we give that kind of treatment to and is usually a week or so before hand.

There was no actual issue with us being 18+. Some other cons flip a S H I T about it but CTCon was actually super lenient and good to us while we were guests. But the con just isn't worth the hassle of making brand new exclusive content for when there is AX directly before hand.

I know the con has gone down hill with the whole lack of 18+ content and nothing to do past 9, but we were not booted or anything like that to make the con more family friendly.

>>9915046
Nah, Daigle just kinda decided that THAT year was the year to take issue with the fact that we never change our panel. He didn't care that one of his staffers told us we were working next year with the same perks, which is understandable.
>>
>>9915505
Interesting story. I kind of figured most of what I heard was blown up since the source is bitter towards CTcon but I guess it was mostly off-base.

It's super unreasonable to demand exclusive content when you're the small guy (i.e CTcon), idk why he thought they deserve something exclusive.

I think he just doesn't realize that CTCon has a rep for being more community-focused, which is to say people come to hang out not to get the latest and greatest from content creators. He wants the con to be something it isn't.
>>
>>9915689
I genuinely think daigle wants the con to be dead.
>>
>>9915716
I've heard that floating around a lot; that his contract with the convention center is up soon or something and he wants the con to die with him instead of getting passed on. Is there any basis or truth to that, or is it just speculation?
>>
>>9915967
Totally just speculation. But it’s just so believable with how down hill things have been the past years.
>>
Have any anyone who's submitted a panel hear back from the con yet? Are they doing a thing like last year where if you didn't hear from them at all it means you didn't get in?
>>
>>9915967
...Maybe? He sold the Tabletop Shop last year, and as far as I know CTCon is his only other business (I don't know if he has another job..?) but if he was looking to kind of drop everything and start anew somewhere else, I wouldn't be surprised by the way things have been going.
>>
>>9916692
He sold the tabletop shop? well that's a relief. they have such a convenient location for me, but I didn't like the idea of supporting him by shopping there. Not because he fucked ctcon but because he's mean to people.
>>
>>9917048
Yeah, last year it was sold to Haldan, who used to be involved with CTCon Main Events. It wasn't "announced" or anything, a while back some people were complaining about bad customer service at the shop & Daigle had a terrible response to it (attached, because why not, his customer service applies to CTCon as well lol). Someone messaged TTS's facebook account about it and Haldan responded saying he was the new owner.
My bf feels the same way about not wanting to shop there, bc Daigle sucks. Even though they're one of the closest card shops to us, he'll drive further to support someone better. Now that it's sold, idk how different it'll be. It's probably all mostly the same employees.
>>
>>9917379
Does Daigle not understand basic fucking customer to employee relationships? He's passive aggressively acting as if your boyfriend is in the wrong. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>9917388
Oh, the guy who posted that comment wasn't my bf. I was just adding that my bf also avoids going to the shop because of Daigle.
>>
>>9917388
But yeah, he obviously has a difficult understanding of how to treat customers... that person had a legit complaint and he apparently thought it was cool to just be like "WELP SUX FOR YOU, THIS OTHER CUSTOMER WE IGNORED YOU FOR IS HAPPY THO"
Maybe he was exceptionally awful because he was about to sell the shop and didn't care? Or maybe he really is that shitty, idk.
>>
>>9917379
Now that I think about it, I had a similar experience. Eerily similar. The cashier got a call right after I asked for some card sleeves and even though he could have been talking on the phone and ringing me up at the same time (I was ready to pay at that point) apparently it was impossible for him to multitask at the level of hitting two buttons and handing me a receipt.

I'll accept that maybe he thought it would be rude to talk and ring me up at the same time, but that phone call lasted at least 6-7 minutes.

Maybe I'll just stay away after all. I was too focused on daigle to realize the employees might be shit too.
>>
Ah, a thread with people who might be able to help me.

do you guys know of any shops in CT with a lot of cosplay-friendly materials, like EVA foam, heat guns, wigs, colored contacts, LEDs, etc.?
>>
>>9917632
There's no one-stop shop that I know of. Besides the obvious Party City, Connecticut Stage Supply in Plainville has wigs, makeup, and I think they've got contacts, but they're on the pricey side. But if you're in a pinch at the last minute and can't wait for shipping, it's useful.

EVA foam and heat guns you can just get at any craft or hardware store.

If you need leatherworking stuff, there's a Tandy Leather in Berlin over by the movie theater. I've found them to be super helpful.
>>
>>9918048
>leatherworking stuff in Berlin
THANK
>>
>>9918065
Tandy is also relatively close to a blick store if i remember correctly. They have lots of hard to find art supplies, much of which can be applied to cosplay (ex jacquard paints, smooth on, etc.)
>>
So is this con worth going to or no?
>>
>>9920104
Only if you have friends going
>>
>>9914694
Thanks for the heads up anon, I'm gonna do that instead. This con seems like a hot garbage fire.
>>
>>9912807
It Won't matter how bad the art on their Program is anymore. I think they stopped printing physical books about 2 years ago.
>>
>>9920104
Absolutely not. Unless you're really into tabletops, I guess.
>>
Convivial folks are now claiming that Hartford is totally safe, and made a video on their instagram of a guy in a Tigger kigurumi, walking through the Russian Lady, chatting with one of their bouncers and a cop, to "prove" that Hartford is safe and you won't have to worry about being assaulted in costume.

On the one hand, yes, you will probably be fine if you use street smarts and stick to the populated areas.
On the other hand, the fact that they felt the need to make this video and thought that this would be convincing that Hartford is ~so safe~ is hilarious.
>>
>>9920480
Isn't this video old? I'm pretty sure that's from two years ago, during the first year they got rid of late night panels
>>
>>9920480
Le Malloy face
>>
>>9920480
I have fun stories about saving people from the streets of Hartford after previous cons.
And by fun I mean disconcerting.
>>
>>9920483
They just posted it 1 day ago on their IG. Maybe they're reusing it?

>>9920490
Yeah, I like how in the video he specifically says "people are worried about getting mugged" as if it's totally NOT something that actually happened to a group of congoers in 2014...so safe.
>>
>>9920492
I don't know what's more embarrassing, them remaking the same stupid video or re-using said stupid video.
>>
What are everyone's cosplans? What do we think the most overly cosplayed series will be this year?
>>
>>9920892
If I can gather up the willpower to spend money on a heatgun and router i'll be doing a Clay (Xiaolin Showdown) cosplay.

Also jesus christ proper cowboy hats are expensive
>>
>>9920480
nyc anon, on a scale of Upper West side to East New York how hood is Hartford. Is it East New York in a heat wave? Brownsville "Repent because you are going to die" bad?
>>
>>9921026
You're not gonna die in Hartford, but muggings are a daily occurence and there is no "safe" part of Hartford, unlike most other big cities.
>>
>>9921012
Get the heatgun anon, its a worthy investment
>>
>>9920892
I'll be going as Jacket from Hotline Miami. Would the Marvel universe be too broad of an answer?
>>
>>9921341
marvel is always over cosplayed at ctcon, and non-weeb focused cons in general

i do expect to see a stupid amnt of infinity gauntlets tho
>>
>>9921370
Deadpools with infinity gauntlets are something that I imagine will be a common sight.
>>
>>9920892
i already said my lineup earlier, but im going as a 2hu and a mobage character. i expect the most over cosed series to either be infinity wars or some anime (bnha or darling in the franxx maybe?). idk, the cosplay scene at ctcon makes me sad because i genuinely feel like there are tons of super talented cosplayers that show up but get overshadowed by the more recent popular series. i suppose thats how it is at every con tho.
>>
>>9921026
Not familiar enough with NYC to give that kind of a comparison. Hartford is a very very strange city to describe, but it is pretty hood. Gangs, drugs, hookers are common in the residential areas. Public school system is in the toilet and gets no funding. Nobody lives in Hartford on purpose, it's very slummy. People come in to the city to work in their office buildings 9-5 and then immediately escape back to the suburbs, to the extent that the Dunkin Donuts closest to the convention center is CLOSED on the weekend, and closes at 6 PM weekdays. There's been some minor attempts to gentrify some areas, but afaik they've been failures. The con center area itself is one of the "safer" spots simply because there's less randos wandering around, as there aren't any apartments for several blocks. But I still wouldn't describe it as safe.
>>
File: 1406825609523.gif (949 KB, 400x242)
949 KB
949 KB GIF
tfw the con is in three weeks and haven't heard back about your panel application.

Thank god I have my powerpoint done because I've done this panel at other cons before, but this is insane. I feel bad for the other panelists who'll have to put their stuff together at the last minute.
>>
>>9921813
it sounds like you didn't get in my guy
>>
>>9921964
When did accepted panelists hear back?
>>
>>9921993
I wouldn't know but I don't think they'd let you know that short notice if you got in.
>>
>>9922001
Theyve done super short notice in the past
Also, not the same anon who posted previously, just curious
>>
>>9922001
Considering I haven't seen anything online about people saying their panel got in and the ctcon staff themselves says that the panel staff is new and that's why they're taking forever, I'm pretty sure they have not sent out panel acceptance emails. Last year, they were almost this late with panel acceptance emails too.
>>
>>9922001
It's like you don't realize what convention's thread you're in, my friend.
>>
>>9922023
kek
>>
File: PicsArt_06-24-02.33.17.png (414 KB, 1440x2880)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
It's always a good sign when your staff gets replaced at the last minute.
>>
He’s single, ladies
>>
File: Batman.jpg (70 KB, 500x578)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>9922140
topkek
>>
>>9922140
Legit feel bad for this dude. Some time's I forget that 20% of the horribly awkward con attending teens become horribly awkward con attending adults. Guy should probably just give up on the ideas of a con gf and get to work on himself.
>>
Trying to build a coord starting from from pretty much nothing doubt I'll make it in time for connection.
>>
>>9922442
Fellow lolita here. If you're buying from American sellers or using ems if ordering from Japan you might be able to make it. Might not be a super fancy coord, but you could make a coord none the less.
>>
>>9922140
>>9922162
See, I would feel bad for him if he had put any sort of thought into what he was posting. If he simply said, "I'm a 33 year old single guy looking for a lady to be my date for Nerd Prom, if anyone's interested I'd love to chat." That would be kind of sad, but fine.
Instead, he decided to point out shit like "she needs to afford her own ticket" which is unnecessary to state and also makes him look like a cheapass. Get a lady who's interested in you first and you can iron out the details later. But I agree, he definitely needs to work on himself first if he thought posting that was a good idea.
>>
>>9922457
Yeah I'm buying used and through american sellers so fingers crossed. Otherwise no cons till like December or something like that.
>>
>>9922481
Just remember that you probably won't be the worst looking one at the lolita & j-fash photoshop. I wish you luck anon and hope the postal service is on your side.
>>
>>9898473
>Granblue Fantasy
Never heard of this game but the characters costume design looks nice. good luck.
>>
So should we have the meet up at the same place as always on Saturday at like... 4:30? Only reason for the early time is because there wont be a lot of people at the bar.

Time is totally negotiable but I would really prefer Saturday because it's the only day I will go if I get the time off.
>>
>>9923265
Lord knows I'll be drinking early this year
>>
>>9923280
That’s a mood for sure.

I honestly think most of my time will be spent in the game room, the food truck festival, and the bar at city steam. The con isn’t fun to me and hasn’t been for years but I have friends from around that attend which I never see, so I do it for them.
>>
>watching the news
>"hartford's 12th homicide of the year happened last night"

Yikes
>>
>>9924144
And I remember when Daigle tried to argue with us that the streets of Hartford were perfectly safe and that there was no reason anyone should be upset that he tried to shove the rave as far from the con as possible a couple years ago
>>
File: ctconbadge.png (9 KB, 337x168)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
this price is fucking ridiculous. a 6 dollar service charge?
anyone know if the fee will increase again? i've heard of them upping it closer and closer to the con.
>>
>>9924173
This is the max price for the prices this year. I wouldn't be surprised it the prices go up again next year.
>>
>>9924173
>>9924183
It's fucking $50 just for saturday????

I remember when the whole con was $45 and the quality hasn't even improved since then.
>>
>>9924356
I remember when the whole con was $45, too. Although I was younger then and $45 felt like a lot more.
Honestly though, has that extra $30 per ticket (about $90,000 more in profits based on the number of tickets they sell) actually gone to anything noticeable? Do they just pocket the cash? Is it all going to unnecessary and very abusive con security? Or is it all being dumped on the new "high profile" guests?
I just wanna know that my $30 is actually making the con better, not worse ;-;
>>
>>9924411
With the introduction of these “online media guests”, the cons just been flooded with low quality guests that probably cost like 10% at most of what a single good guest would cost. I would be willing to bet that Daigle is pocketing the majority of this money because how the fuck can you charge $75 for a con that ends at 9PM and still have shit quality guests and features.
>>
>>9923280

I think we'll be great friends
>>
>>9923265

I tend to hit the bar early with my buddies. Our best times are usually at the pub drinking with congoers. We'll stand out pretty easily, loud and obnoxious Boston accents tend to enhance when booze is involved.

But I usually miss the meet up. Wheres the usual place? We lurk in the L bar
>>
>>9924712
Last 2 years it was the Marriott bar (the one next to the convention center).

I'm open to change, but admittedly nothing beats the convenience of it, and it beats having to walk through Hartford drunk to get back to my car.

I don't go to bars often though so i have no idea if it's considered up to snuff or not.
>>
File: lol60kwhat.png (133 KB, 440x560)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>9924692
Based on this kind of response from Daigle in regards to why panel info was going out so late... you can bet it's going into someone's personal pocket.

There's so much wrong with what he said that I don't even know where to begin.
>>
>>9925019
So, if this position in theory costs $60k why are they having a bunch of people doing it for free? That doesn't seem quite fair.

Or maybe it's all just bullshit Daigle's pulling out of his ass to excuse why panels are a mess this year.
>>
>>9925019
Holy shit, he's actually pocketing the cash. He's not paying anyone on staff at all, is he? What the actual fuck.

What the fuck are we currently paying for then?
>>
>>9925019
I refuse to believe that without paying for employees the cost per weekend ticket has gone up $35 in 6 years, and the only things to show for it is a shorter con and a smaller rave.
>>
>>9925213
Daigle's retirement fund
>>
>>9925213
Probably not. The people who are his VPs might get something, but I doubt it's equivalent to a full-time job.
Assuming he's basing his calculations off of selling 10,000 tickets, at $75 a pop that's $750,000. Then factor in Artist's Alley and Dealer booth prices, and the con is probably getting around $800k a year. No idea how much renting the con center would be, but you figure they don't do screenings anymore, the gaming room is run by another group who provides their own machines, there's very little out of pocket expense for the con other than providing the space and badges. They're getting all these small name guests because they're very affordable.
Not to mention that staff and volunteers have to PAY FOR THEIR OWN BADGES UPFRONT and will only be reimbursed after. So they potentially have all that cash too.
We're paying for Daigle to have a cushy salary and not do very much, I guess.
>>
>>9925224
I'm planning to volunteer as a business analyst next year (though I'm doubtful they realize they need one), and I'm creating a list of subject areas to pay attention to this year so I can evaluate their impact and performance in order to present alternatives as a part of a vetting/interview process (not sure that they have one though).

So far my list is pretty big and involves me talking to representatives of the city of hartford to get a gauge on how much Daigle and Co. are actually cooperating with the city and local businesses. Does anyone here have any insight into this before I go whole-hog detective mode on it?
Right now most of by subject areas involve communications and prioritizations.
Including, but not limited to:
>advertising and promotion
>intra-con traffic (walking routes)
>street traffic
>cooperation with city of hartford
>cooperation with local businesses
>security
>affordability
>administration (particularly staff schedules)
>accommodations
>social presence
>technology (particularly the website)

I'm sure I'm missif some, but which of these areas do you guys think I should pay the most attention to and work towards a solution for?
>>
>>9925255
That sounds like something that would improve the con and requires work and effort. It'll never happen

Panels are beginning to go up on the schedule. Anyone see anything interesting?
>>
>>9925297
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's selling myself :^)
I think I have a chance though. I don't know if they realize they should have more than 1 dedicated BA, or even if they currentlt have any BA(s), so I think part of it would simply be selling the role to them. And what do they have to lose? It would be a non-paid role (for Now...).
It also fits with micromanagers, which it sounds like Daigle is. BA roles are really only for gathering information, and analysing it, not for making suggestions, but as you might imagine it's very easy to present data in a manner that suggests certain actions. So Daigle's team would still have full administrative rights, but they'd be face to face with strong evidence that suggests they do certain things to improve the con.
Part of the mistake I think they're making is that they rely on short term con feedback. The single best thing an event-based business can do is find a way to get feedback even when the event isn't happening, because a lot can change in a year, and people don't always actually know what they want. That's basically what my role would be if I could convince them to bring me on board.

Mind you I'm not fond of the prospect of working for them; I'd prefer to think of it as working for the community.
>>
>>9925255
That sounds like it would actually be incredibly useful for the con. Whether or not Daigle would give enough of a crap to actually do anything with that data, who knows?
I know that the con for the past several years has always lined up with Riverfest. I don't know if that's intentional or coincidental, but if it's on purpose that would suggest some level of cooperation with the city. I'm sure it's immensely beneficial to the food trucks to ensure that there's an extra 10k people or so there.
>>
>>9925731
Riverfest being the same weekend has been done on purpose. Considering the food trucks where here even the year that Hartford had no money and cancelled Riverfest, the con definitely talks to the city in some form
>>
>>9925740
They pulled the plug on the fireworks super last-minute, though (I believe like 1-2 weeks before?) so that could have just been them deciding "eh, we can't afford fireworks but might as well let the food trucks make money since all those nerds will be there anyway."
It might be the other way around, too--it could be Hartford looking at the dates of the next upcoming con and planning around it.
>>
>>9925759
That's exactly what I would have to figure out. If the city is planning around the con rather than the con planning around the city then there's room to make partnerships with the food trucks and such, you know like offer some kind of 10% off at food trucks with a CTcon pass thing. It'll get more congoers to go to the food trucks, more money for riverfest, etc. which provides incentive for the city to lower costs for the convention and provide more police for traffic control.
>>
>>9922670
Thanks anon. Currently finishing her up to enter in the cos contest. Im looking forward to being my wife but she has so many layers i know im gonna heavily regret it once ghe day comes.
>>
But why not just use pictures from last year's events??? Also whats the point?? It would make more sense to have actual cosplay guests (lmao) than to last minute ask random con event participants to promote it... Am i missing something?
>>
>>9927127
>I'm going to CtCon!
My sides
Honestly asking for this is borderline cringey. Why do they need signs?
>>
>>9927298
Its not borderline cringey, it is cringey. Ugh. Like, why have a sign sayibg that youre going to ctcon if this is going to be in opening ceremonies...? No shit theyre going to ctcon... Also why promo the event at the event itself?
>>
>>9896907
I'm sorry, what? First time going to Connecticon and is this like a meme or something or a real thing?
>>
>>9927486
Real thing
>>
>>9927486
It's real. It's before my time so I can't elaborate but basically there's a con regular who is infamous for being a sexual predator with a toe sucking fetish.
He looks like the kind of guy you'd expect to see at Warped Tour, so if possible, avoid the type.
>>
>>9920480
Oh yes, a hobo trying to usher us into an alley felt so safe. Our shuttle never came after a group dinner, so he stayed chatting at us for them entire 30+ minutes until our tired crew decided to walk in our uncomfortable shoes. Would have been fine if he wasn't super jittery and kept asking for money under his breath. And kept trying to convince us to find some hole in the wall club that didn't exist down some alley.... The drunks were hilariously polite, though.

My city ain't great either, but Hartford is, by no means, safe. Even in the daylight (my sister watched someone get their passenger window busted open qnd their purse stolen off the seat at a red light at 10 in the morning).
>>
>>9927486
Toesuck is real
Toesuck is alive
Toesuck is Connecticon
>>
File: death.png (46 KB, 2100x369)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Looks like I'm not going outside for most of the con
>>
>>9928220
OOF
>>
>>9927549
ironically Warped Tour has been in Hartford on the Sunday of CTCon for the last several years. Maybe that explains why Toe Suck was in town.
>>
I hope the panels list is just incomplete, because it's looking like the con is starting later this year than last. I'm almost positive there were panels at 10 on Friday last year, but I'm not seeing any this year.

Also if this is the whole panels list it might actually be good for me. There's nothing worth taking the day off from work to attend. Mo money
>>
>>9928949
Honestly i wouldnt be suprised if theyre posting panels up until like 3 days before the con, if not the day before.
>>
>>9928220
me and my latex mask agree with you
>>
>>9928979
Well that's not gonna work for me; I have to decide it I want the day off of work by the end of today. Guess I'll succumb to it
>>
>>9928949
The panel list is definitely not complete. It's missing all the fan panels. I know because mine was accepted, but it's not on the schedule yet.
>>
When will they join the objectively more secure and convenient "mail their passes to them" approach, so I don't have to stand in a line for 2 hours and they don't have to pay 12 people to do the job of one person.
>>
>>9929090
Nevermind I forgot no one on staff gets paid. Still though. Please just mail me my passes so i don't have to wait in a line.
>>
>>9929090
usually if you buy the ticket ahead of time you dont have to wait in a mega long line like that
>>
>>9929096
Last year that was true. 2 years ago the lines for pre reg and normal reg were about equal, although pre reg went faster because they didn't have to put in information. 3 years ago I went on Thursday to pick up my badges and there was no line. 4 years ago I went to pick up my badge on Thursday and I was in line for almost 3 hours.

I genuinely think it's a toss-up whether or not the pre reg line is fast. You know what's better than a short line though? No line. I'd pay an extra dollar or two to cover the stamp and the 30 seconds it takes someone to shove my pass in an envelope and bring it to a mailbox.
>>
>>9929099
>>9929090
Mailed passes would be nice, but you guys are forgetting this is ctcon. I would 100% imagine that the passes would be mailed out like two days before the con because somehow all of the registration staff would have quit a month before the con.
>>
You think driving out on thursday for prereg line would be worth it? I have zero desire to wait in a parking garage for 2 hrs in 90° weather on friday
>>
>>9928552
This is the last year of Warped, so no more toe suck then?
>>
>>9929191
I mean, you can never tell how it’s going to go because CTCon is a mess, but last year Thursday night line went really quickly. We were in and out in about 20 min. If you’re not busy doing other stuff and aren’t too far away, I’d say go for it.

>>9929550
One can only hope.
>>
>>9929550
Toe suck is immortal. Remove one suck and two will suck in return.
>>
>>9929550
Toe suck has been going to this con for a decade. I doubt he’s going to stop. I wonder if he even knows he has this reputation. He’s like on tier with tall Naruto for con infamy
>>
>>9930094
Who was the guy that got banned a couple years ago and had his lackeys fuck with con staff? He even has a t shirt or some stupid shit like that. I think his alias was "The [something] One" but I could be completely off base with that.

He was hilariously retarded though. One of his lackeys was in this thread last year.
>>
>>9930129
DL?
>>
>>9930129
He still posts in the Connectiscam fb group and acts as though people actually care about his plight. It's quite embarrassing.
>>
There are cons outside of Cali?
>>
More panels have been added to the schedule. Hopefully these aren't all of them, but they seem to be more interesting than the borefest that was last year's panels.
>>
File: 2018-07-03_21-37-18.png (21 KB, 758x501)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>9930362
Fantastic. Now let me just check what these panels are all abo--
The panel descriptions are hilariously more readable this year on the plain white pages than they were last year on their abomination of a website.The actual panels list is still unreadable. Is there an app with the list on it?

See attached for my selections so far.
Thoughts? What am I missing? What should I not bother with?

My thoughts:
>action castle
underrated--go with a friend though; i won't say anything more so as not to spoil it.
>all the Japanese factoids panels
some of them don't say who runs the panel, but if Charles Dunbar is running any of these, it's 100% worth checking out
>any "let's discuss X and who our favorite characters are/what our favorite games in the series are/favorite whatever" panels
these have never been enjoyable for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that doesn't enjoy forced jokes and people nervously sharing strong opinions.
>>
>>9930560
There is an app, Growtix, but I'm pretty sure it's not updated for this year's con yet.
>>
>>9930129
>>9930321
To be fair, from what I recall that really was some ridiculous BS from staff, though. Being told you've allegedly been banned for years without being told so when it happened, and with no explanation for why? Smells like staff just had a vendetta.
>>
>>9930578
He calls himself "the entitled one" and publicly talks shit about every convention he attends and acts like his presence at conventions automatically improves them.

CTCon management is garbo and everyone knows it, but I don't feel bad for him at all. The only people involved I feel bad for are the ones that got kicked out of the convention just for wearing his shirt.
>>
>>9930884
What cons has he talked shit about other than CTcon?
I'm more concerned that CTcon shouldn't be kicking out everyone who's critical of them, or who are wearing an inoffensive t-shirt just because they don't like someone. As far as I can tell he didn't actually do anything. If they did it to them they can do it to other people.
>>
>>9930964
Just scrolling 10 seconds down his facebook i see he's bashing katsukon.
FYI he's touting having been banned from CTCon for no reason without having ever attended. While that might be true (there's no evidence of it one way or the other), he was banned for shit talking the congoers, not the con itself. CTCon removed his original post for being offensive but he ranted about how everyone who attended was in middle school and that CTCon wasn't doing a good job of weeding out the noobs, yada yada. If he truly has never attended CTCon then all the more reason to ban him for saying such things.
>>
Just over a week until day 0. How are we doing cosplay-wise? Everyone pulling their shit together?
>>
>>9931447
I'm just waiting for a lot of stuff in the mail. Most should be here in the time, and the stuff that isn't I can work around.
>>
>>9931447
I can't get my shit together.

I was supposed to have such an easy cosplay (Clay from Xiaolin Showdown) while I'm bogged down with home renovations. Buuuut, i lost my nice boots and hat, and my sewing machine is temporarily held hostage by my mom, so I'm not even sure I could get the gi thrown together. Got the trinkets done though (fist of tebigong).
Might just do his alternate standard cowboy look but I'm afraid it would be unrecognizable.

This is basically exactly what happened to me last year with my GoT cosplay (which I ended up scrapping and turning it into a costume for the fall rennaissance faire.

If I can throw something together I'll cosplay Clay on Friday. Not gonna do Saturday because I'm hanging out with friends and I don't want to get asked for photos or anything while I'm just trying to chill. If I go Sunday i'll wear it then, too. We'll see. That's if I can get it done. In theory it would only take 2 days to make the costume I just need the pieces and the money for em.
>>
>>9931004
Scrolled for a while and couldn't find anything about katsu. He did, however, clearly state was told that he had been banned "since 2007" when he didn't attend CTCon until a few years after that. Hence "being banned from a con he didn't go to." And he was allegedly not given a reason for said ban. So.. not sure where you're coming up with this "shit talking congers" info. Unless you're CTCon staff?

If he was legit saying that stuff about congoers, yeah, that's shitty. But it doesn't make me feel any more confident in CTCon staff. Why would they kick out someone who was just bitching but not someone who's legit creepy like Toe Suck?
>>
>>9931573
I stand corrected. He complained about people smelling at Katsu. Bitching about con funk isn't the same as bashing the con itself, though.
>>
>>9931573
Toe Suck is banned from CTCon; he still hangs around Hartford/The Marriott during the con weekend though and tries to host/attend afterhours parties for congoers. A real creep that one...
>>
>>9931447
finished my main cosplay today. gonna do a full test which will hopefully confirm i dont have anything to fix
>>
How long until Daigle sells the con for real?
>>
>>9933148
Can’t tell if this person is actually retarded or a troll. Also
>Daigle selling the con
I feel as though only good things could come from that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was trying to make a break out of the state.
>>
>>9933157
According to the comment chain on that post, Daigle has Ctcon contracted out to 2020. However, there have been talks about him selling the con for the past two or so years. Considering, he sold his tabletop store I wouldn't be surprised if he sold Ctcon once it's contract was up.
>>
>>9933161
>2 more years
This is a blessed post
>>
>>9931869
I know him, he isn’t banned from the con. Also I think it’s hilarious that you call him toe sucker.
>>
>>9933534
does he plan on making a return this year? im hoping not but im assuming he is
>>
lol I love how the rules include a paragraph on not sleeping in the halls but have one sentence on harassment.
>>
>>9936201
I mean, I get your meaning, but there shouldn't be a whole lot to say on the subject, right?
>>
I'm pretty pumped to hit the bottle
wicked hard this weekend with my fellow con-goers and you "fine" ppls
>>
>>9935416
He does. I know the group he hangs out with and they’re honestly probably going to go to this con till it dies. To be fair, he isn’t ‘that’ bad of a guy but he definitely attends cons with the mindset of getting laid and nothing else, hence the exposed chest and abs all weekend.
>>
>wake up
>get an email saying that im apparently running a panel
>email back saying im unprepared af because this is the first email ive gotten hearing about it
>get told that that sucks but i should have all the info i need to run it

Help wtf haha
>>
>>9936667
Which panel is it?
>>
Anyone else planning a Lolita coord?
>>
>>9936698
I am. Hoping the heat won't boil me from the inside out. Also hoping that the sissy fetishists that seem to be now invading the local lolita comms won't show up to the photoshoot.
>>
>>9936605
>not "that" bad of a guy
You know the main reason people don't like him is because he sexually harassed a drunk girl, right? And several other people. Girls came out about being abused by him several times. He got Weinstein'd before it was cool.
It's seriously really easy to just not fuck drunk people.

I don't get the sympathy in this thread so far for DT and toe suck. They're both people the con would be better without. They don't contribute to the atmosphere in a kind-spirited way.
>>
>>9936704
>fetishists
There are people who fetishize heavy, non-revealing clothing?
I mean i'll be the first to admit lolita is cute as heck, but it's not really sexy...
>>
>>9936714
Sissy fetishists get off more on the idea that femininity and being forced to be a woman is humiliating. I wouldn't care if they didn't try to worm their way into lolita communities in order to hide their boners in their petticoats. They're also generally really shitty as they try to hide under the trans community to get away with creepy shits and make it harder for actual trans women to get into lolita comms. "I'm not creepy! You're just transphobic!" They're literally the fucking worse.
>>
>>9936719
So they're like...the opposite of trans people. They hate being a woman so much it turns them on?

What a wild time we live in.
>>
>>9936698
>>9936704
>planning coords specifically for a con
Tell me more about how this fashion isn't a costume.
>>
>>9936768
Because I don't live in a situation where I can just easily wear an alt fashion daily? I'm more likely to wear Lolita in an environment that I won't stand out as much.
>>
>>9936712
DT?

Also I'm not expert on Toe Suck, but if you want to point fingers at living scum that are still allowed to attend the con, you should be looking at the nerd fit group. Erik, the biggest and loudest one, bragged 5+ years back how easy it was for him to fuck underageds at the rave after liquoring them up. Literally between 2009-2014 there wasn't a night that he didn't have a super drunk 16 year old rave girl around his waist. He would brag about it smugly even after the girl would admit that she was very underage. So fucking glad that the rave was moved to offsite so atleast I don't have to fucking see it happening every fucking year. I'm sure the girl is legal now if shes even around or maybe he's just doing the same thing to another girl now.
>>
>>9936891
I imagine anon misspelled DL.

CTcon has a long history of picking and choosing what sketchy people they want to come to the con. Nerd Fit and Channel Awesome are allowed back this year after all.
>>
>>9936891
CTcon is very pick-and-choose with their bad people bans. If that was what you were getting at then I'm on your side.
I was just remarking that toe suck isn't exactly a "good person". Plenty of bad people are nice, and it's hard to tell the difference between 'nice' and 'good' sometimes.

Also yeah, I mispelled DL. I don't personally know toe suck so I wont speak to his "nice factor", but DL is neither good nor nice. Saw him in passing with some of his friends one time and the only thing I heard was him making a joke about a disabled kid playing video games (not a funny joke, it was more in the "check out this loser lol haha laugh with me" vein of things).

>>9936768
Cons are an excuse to express yourself in an environment where less people are judging you than there would normally be. I think lolita qualifies as weird enough to warrant con exclusivity.
>>
>>9936934
Ya, CTcon's bans seem to be very vendetta-like. As much as I am not a fan of DL, I do think he was only banned because Daigle personally doesn't like him. There are a lot of creeps that should have been banned from CTcon a long time ago, but since they haven't bothered Daigle or anyone Daigle is friends with nothing has been done.

At least we're not on Anime Matsuri levels of creep... yet
>>
>>9936698
will there be a swap meet again? last year's was great
>>
>>9936891
Huh I know a friend who knows the nerd fit guys. Met them once (at buffet lol) didn't realize they were such shits the more you know.
>>
>>9937090
It also came as a surprise to me, but it kind of makes sense. I mean, you don't name your group NerdFit without being at least a little stuck up and self-righteous.
>>
>>9925530
god speed to you cuz man ctcon was my first con due to how relatively close it is
>>
>>9936891
In addition to being a total creep, once upon a time (probably like.. 8-10 years ago) Erik came on /cgl/ all butthurt that someone "stole his idea" of cosplaying as "The Internet." It was very lulzy and pathetic and I wish I still had screenshots.
>>
As a former event runner I can 100% tell you that this con is trash. Im expecting, fucking expecting, a pod cast to cover it or some shit.
Daigel is shitty. He literally just deletes comments telling him what he could do better and what kills me is hes gone after pekole in the community with actual companies using his friends to harrass them into writing an apology letter or else he will try and pull his invisible strings to cost you a business contract or just strait up buisness because hes a petty little fuck.
Just like a good handful of his other staff that I can 100% guarantee you are on this thread trying to start shit or report back to him.

Just saying.
They have nothing better to do.

And holy fucking employment contract.
>>
File: ctcon.png (271 KB, 1199x1717)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
Someone posted this thread to the Connectiscam group. Because we're shitting on DL it must mean we're staff.
>>
>>9938130
I'd be more inclined to tell him he's a bad person to his face if I didn't genuinely believe his lackeys would find and harass me at the con, like some of them did to that staffer 2 years back. I don't think that'd be his fault, but the kind of people that follow and believe him are nutjobs.
>>
There are almost no good panels Saturday thank God that there are one billion diversity panels. So pretty much it's running as usual.
>>
>>9938145
I wish they did the diversity panels on Friday instead of Saturday. I wonder how full those actually get. I'll have to check this year if they're using tickers to keep track of what panels are most popular, or if they're just arbitrarily selecting culturally unrelated panels to appeal to a different audience.
>>
File: ctcon2.png (303 KB, 1099x1587)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>9936891
>>9937751
Sorry that you guys are jealous that you can't bring drunk, underage girls back to your room.
>>
>>9938162
For reference, Ray is the security guard that escorted DL out of the con when he was banned. Absolutely not a bad guy, he was just told to escort DL out, and even in DL's version of events he did nothing wrong; just his job. Unless they're referring to some other Ray.
>>
>>9938162
This is such a non-issue. Polluting this thread with his name is just giving him the exposure he wants.
>>
When will the /cgl/ meet-up be?
>>
>>9938172
That group doesn’t solely revolve around DL’s situation, it was made long before that about general issues others had with CTCon. So maybe the person who made that comment had a previous issue with Ray.
I agree with >>9938174
Stop filling this thread with crap nobody cares about, take your personal beef with someone elsewhere.
>>
Fuck Pat Murphy
>>
>>9936712
I literally saw him grab some girls foot and suck on it out of fucking nowhere

He's not that great of a guy
>>
>>9938208
How does he not get kicked in the face all the time? Someone grabs my foot and you bet your ass I’m kicking them.
>>
>>9938208
He must have escaped his virtual jail of hentai short films, and now he roams the streets of the real world, looking for girls to lure into his toe sucking traps.
>>
>>9938212
At the time, everyone in the room was just so shocked at what was happening that nobody had any idea how to react. I have other stori s about the guy, but those fall under hearsay and I don't spread that.
>>
Everyone calling him toe suck is just letting him continue to get away with shit.

His name is Dylan Banocy, on Facebook he goes by Dylan King currently. He’s a CT native, sexually assaults drunk/drugged under age girls who are then afraid to go to police. He threatens anyone who speaks out against him. Often seen in the company of his mother and sister who he then gets waaaay too close to during raves.

Also unironically cosplays as orochimaru...
>>
I was in the deathmatch and Dating game for a special “voiceover” section. The voice actor was from five nights and knew nothing about voltron. He kept making fart jokes and I just was so out of my element. I hated it. I’m not going this year cause nostalgia isn’t enough anymore. I wish things weee like the past. Also what’s up DL pats rule
>>
>>9938242
And he SWATs people
>>
>>9938306
I'm not eager to go out of my way to report someone just because they sucked some toes without consent, but if he actually SWATs people he should serve jail time. 100% not okay.
>>
Yep got anime Boston a huge fine for that, yet they still won’t ban him.
>>
Heya. I know the con is pretty shit but it's the first con im going to after 2 years of nothing so if anyone going wants to meet or has any hotel parties, would be cool or whatever.
>>
>>9938370
Most of my friends are local thus leave after dinner, so I'm down for late night drinks/food or whatever.
>>
>>9938370
Same as >>9938373
I'd be willing to stay past when my friendos leave as long as it doesn't keep me in Hartford past 1am or so. 2am is primetime for car jackers.
>>
>>9938538
Isn't that the guy who started posting the link to thread on the ctcon social group for some reason?
>>
>>9938538
I guess public service announcements then. If anyone has the name of the guy who tries to go out with multiple underage girls at a time, despite being married, and typically plays off of pity, post it. Kind of pudgy, short black hair, that's all I remember about him. Didn't bother to remember his name because i'm male, but for the sake of others in this thread it's probably good to know. Of the people mentioned he's on the more disgusting side considering the insane mental abuse some of the girls underwent according to their stories.
>>
>>9938292
I remember that! It was super cringy and to this day I have no idea why the con thought it was a good idea
>>
He shared the thread in a Connecticon group? Which group there are so many now?
>>
You talking about this guy Joe G. With his harem of women.
>>
Really wish there was a drive-in near Hartford. I could definitely go for a nice film night, huddled up on the roof of my car with a wool blanket, to close out the night after a day at the con.
Closest ones are 30 minutes away though...
>>
>>9938783
The Mansfield drive-in while 30 minutes away is really nice. The movies don't start until around 9pm so it isn't like you'll be missing anything at the con itself.

CtCon itself is doing movies on Thursday night at the baseball stadium. That'll be probably the closest thing to your wish.
>>
>>9938370

Yea my group comes down from Boston we usually stay out late. Local bars are usually good, we often lurk in the L Bar attatched the Con in the hosting hotel
>>
Anyone know what "Heavy Calm" is? The description on their website is so generic, yet it's a main event.
>>
Has anyone checked out the photo shoots, there is one called Tokyo Breakfast,...that cant be based off that video right?...this is a troll right?
>>
So seems Matt Daigle, creator and president of ConnectiCon did a podcast.....seems he makes fun of lovers of anime and some convention called Otakon , and puts over ConnectiCon as the best con to ever exist..

This is a slog to listen to

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-chpcm-9187bd
>>
>>9938665
it was supposed to be the voice actor of Lance... he dropped last minute
>>
Someone leaked the ConnectiCon Staff
Orientation Manual

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M0SBGdsoBrhM5miNFtvmVtQV6MM-UHNO2IfNc908Beo/edit
>>
File: ctcon.png (752 KB, 540x917)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
This was posted last year and they even blocked the walk way , i havent been
to this con in 3 years, when did this place become what it has,
>>
>>9938706

The guy emotionally brainwashes vulnerable girls a la' the same level as Jim Jones, and makes them do whatever he wants. I've seen him with the two girls he enslaved. The smaller one legit has to ask permission to do anything.

He's been messing around with a close friend of mine as well, she's a zombie when he's around, and he's always around.

I'll fucking kick your ass, Joe.
I'll fucking put you in the ground.
>>
>>9938938
It's well-known that he hates anime. "His" con was originally supposed to be for comics and board games, with some video games sprinkled in, but being the only big con in connecticut meant cosplayers gathered, and anime sees more cosplay than board games do, so here we are now.
>>
>>9938964
There were complaints out the wazoo about this. It was so fucking inconvenient to have to go all the way around the con in the morning because I needed to get in line for my badge in the garage and couldn't just go straight there via the bridge.
I was also with my cousin who couldn't go down steps at the time and it took several minutes to convince the security guard to let her through so that she could use the elevator there to go to the lower level of the garage.
>>
File: smolboy.jpg (2.47 MB, 2500x1667)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
I'm going again this year because I can make it by bus. It was a mess last year too when I went for the first time.

I should be able to meet up with friends this year because last year was pretty depressing on my own.
>>
>>9938957
BA anon here. This is closer to what you'd expect from a road show or traveling business than from a yearly event. It's not overly strict in terms of pay and rooms, but the default termination at the end of the event is very unexpected. That removes one of the bigger motivators for staff to actually be good at their jobs.
>>
>>9939012
The worst part about this is there's still like 2-3 ways in that aren't blocked, so this doesn't even do anything but inconvenience people.
>>
>>9938989
You know he staffs or volunteers for CTcon
>>
>>9938130

Fuck that nignog monkey. He dont know what hes talking about
>>
>>9939103
So? Still doesn't make him less of an abusive creep.

In fact, probably makes him moreso of an abusive creep.
>>
>>9939520
Where is your receipt that he has ever been with someone underage or served anyone that was underage. Right now all you are saying if your feelings are butt hurt and lashing out by spreading lies. So glad you are letting him get to you. Brings plenty of enjoyment to us all
>>
>>9939466
Oh I wasn't saying that to stick up for him. I was saying that so you know he will be out and on the prowl at CTcon
>>
File: 1394069405888.png (462 KB, 495x391)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
Good lord this thread has turned to shit. I want the Connectiscam people to leave.
>>
>>9939537
Literally.
Imagine being so deprived of attention that you get that butthurt about a shitty convention that everyone already KNOWS is shitty. Kind of pathetic, not gonna lie.
>>
>>9939531
Oh, well then. Sorry about that. Good watching out, Anon.

You're a good guy.
>>
>>9939520
"Always gets triggered this time of year" ... this literally just happened last year.
Whoever you are, nobody cares. Take your hate boner for DL somewhere else. He's obviously not going to the con anymore so it's not relevant to this thread.
>>
Keep talking about how much you allllllllllllllllllll hate DL, im willing to guess half of you ,have never met him what did he ever do yo YOU, probably nothing, you just want to hate someone cuz its the COOL thing to do, unless HE himself has done you wrong then just fucking stop its ugly
>>
>>9939589
Hi DL
>>
http://www.nerdcaliber.com/connecticon-continues-to-try-to-ruin-its-own-fun/
>>
>>9939589
Le raid 4chan face

No one cares about DL; that's the point. Stop acting like we hate his guts. Most of us weren't even a part of that hate train, and the only reason his name was brought up was probably because you hooligans praised his cause in last year's thread and people saw through him as just grabbing at popularity by complaining about something everyone knows is shitty.
>>
Has anyone gotten an email about tickets yet? I haven't received anything from ctcon regarding tickets, when/where to pick them up, what I need, etc.
>>
>>9939589
I don’t need to meet a person to see if they are an arsehole or not, just saying.
>>
Why is this cons website so shitty. You can hardly find the info you want. Seems all the con you want to know is only on their fb pages.

This place is a joke now. It used to run so nice everything ran smooth...the one year
Boom
They don't know how to run things
>>
>>9939705
yup. I think it was like, what, 2011 or 2012 that it was a total LineCon disaster? I think that's when shit really started going downhill. Attendance numbers shot up and they didn't know what to do with it all. Daigle just saw dollar signs and the rest is history.
>>
I've not been to this con in 4 or 5 years. Is it true what i have heard

1 no more program books
2 all info is on a phone app ( I do not carry a phone into cons )
3 badge Nazis at this con ate worse than most cons
4 despite #changethech this con invited Doug walker
5 the only entertainment at night is being at bars ( I'm straightedge and don't drink or like the smell of alc)
6 the Marriott is only for tabletop?

If anyone knows any answers plz n thank
>>
>>9939840
1) There are programming books but they only list the guests and main event stuff. There's no printed schedule anymore
2) Yes
3) Kinda, but people still manage to sneak in
4) Yes
5) For the most part yes
6) First aid and Cosplay repair are also in the Marriott, but yes, basically only tabletop besides that
>>
>>9939840
>1 & 2
Last year there were program books still, I'm almost positive. If you want to be safe and are determined to not bring a phone, go onto the CTCon website, grab a piece of paper, and write down every event you want to go to and what time it is.

> 3
Indoors it's like every other con. Even more lax than PAX is (i get in trouble every year at PAX for wearing my badge on my hip instead of around my neck--never got in trouble for it at CTCon).
It's really bad outdoors though. Daigle hates the thought of people loitering around the con without paying for a badge, so every common area around the con is fenced off now. Absolutely ludicrous. If you don't plan on going outside the con you should be fine, but most people leave at least once a day to check out the food truck festival and/or fireworks.

> 4
Yep

> 5
Con doesn't stay open til 2 am anymore--events end at 10, and there aren't any good 18+ "late night" type events anymore without Fakku. The ones labelled 18+ are only 18+ because of lewd jokes and swear words...
But if you consider 10pm as late as you'd stay out anyways then don't sweat it.

> 6
You can loiter in the marriot lobby, but yeah tabletop is the only thing in the marriot now. I don't consider this a problem, unless it angers you because the rave got moved off site.
>>
I'm only going for Saturday if anyone wants to meet and say hi.

Been going to this con for years, it was my first one. After the 10th year I said nope. But I want to at least see my friends. I'm not buying a badge; too much fucking money.
>>
>>9939840
2) think there are scheduled at info desks and outside each room

4) sounds like they contracted him before the whole #changethech went down and couldn't back out
>>
File: 7934cd.png (320 KB, 730x390)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
If you attend and still complain you only have yourself to blame they still got your money
>>
I thought toe suck was banned from Connecticon?

Can anyone confirm he will be up and about this year?
>>
>>9940050
Dylan banocy sadly has not been banned from any convention so if you have any underage female friends be sure to keep an eye on them
>>
Are we having a /cgl meetup this year?
>>
Hope that creepy photographer from last year (or the year before?) isn't back! Black guy with glasses? I think he was Paul Manning? There was some photos a few months back about the guy and his "magazine" harassing girls
>>
>>9940257
I’m just trying to have lunch with someone this year. Say whatever you want about the con but the food is really decent.
>>
>>9939589
I might not have met him in person but I’m happy to be talking to him right now.
>>
>>9938706
Is he still in Bristol. I aught to give him a piece of my mind.
>>
File: IMG_01358.jpg (14 KB, 400x300)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Okay Toe Suck dude or whatever you guys call him. Isnt a bad person. I think everyone is just overreacting and overexaggerated he doesnt really suck toes only massages them. I think people here are foot fetish haters. Like you guys are just kink shaming and hatin on him. Pic related he just massaging a girls toes. Nothing bad or wrong going on here. He asks for consent before doing anything like bruh come on. Enough is enough guys.
>>
>>9940307

You mean Eugene Manning aka EMCP Photography
>>
>>9940383
Bullshit Dylan Banocy asks for consent. Maybe he did for you but for the 20+ other women who he didn’t, ones who couldn’t consent due to drugs or alcohol. We can also add to the list how vindictive he is. When a girl decided to stop dating him he went on Facebook, made a profile with the name (something) cow. Then he posted her nudes for every picture on the profile. And you would be amazed how long it took to get that page down.
>>
as far as CTCon is concerned I'm skipping out this year, last year was okay, if it weren't so expensive this year I might've considered saturday but like I'm not paying my left testicle to go to a mediocre try-hard con for one day. This con was amazing like 9 years ago, now they just keep trying to be bigger than what they are. Katsucon is cheaper to go to and room at than CTCon by a couple hundred dollars for me not to mention so much emphasis put on guests and tabletop gaming both which I could give a fuck less about.

I came for friends not guests, I came to be Animu for a couple days not play tabletop games in a near empty room.

lmao @ #ToeSuck,he passionately hates my guts because I have no qualms about putting predators on public blast and he's been on blast a few times lol. What's funnier is he thinks I'm the one who came up with the term bonerman, when it was my friends who did, I just call him FishNet guy. Maybe if he consensually approached people and not prey on underaged girls he wouldbt have so many problems like being barred to his room at AAC or having to wear a mask last year because everyone KNOWS. It costs $0 to not be a creep lol
and CTCon is crap, plain and simple it will never compare to Anime Boston ever and doesn't hold a candle to like Katsucon or Colossal
>>
>>9940324
im game. what day?
>>
>>9940488
is he the guy who runs Generation Magazine? If so, yeah him!
>>
File: IMG_20180712_122743.jpg (341 KB, 1440x2066)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>9940331
Looks like he still lives in Bristol. Last I knew he still lives with his mom
>>
>>9940773
Somebody popped in here last year with screenshots of stuff this guy sent her on facebook, and boy oh boy. Very unsettling.
>>
Day zero seems great

The app they use still has get to approved to be updated as it shows 2017s stuff. And they are saying just use some other app called gather .

Use all your phones battery for this con....sooo much better than having a physical program in your hands
>>
>>9940801
I've always wondered why they don't do what ab does and prints out the schedules separately from the books so they don't have the issue of the schedules being incorrect. Can't be that hard to find a printer.
>>
>>
Dl will not be going he has better shyt to do and has his own con to be busy with

Erik is a good guy ...but I only know him.from cons and he's always seemed ok...and he will be there as his company is a guest. You all could be right...no clue but from.being around him hesbbeen ok

As for the other ...no idea never heard of him till this page..why can't he be banned like dl...or this other guy I know from down south called Jono
>>
So seems according to someone on the ctcon fb page...there is something called a silent dance ....you give your I'd and get phones and listen to music at a bar

I'm sorry but that sounds boring as fuck. This con takes 75 and you go to a bar to be quiet listen to headphones and not interact. This is fun how?

I can just do a hotel party
or be around fat smelly beardos playing dnd

This con...i luv it.
>>
>>9940847
Silent dances are a real thing outside of Ctcon, and they can actually be a lot of fun if you have a good dj and a lot of people who like to dance.

I have my doubts although whether Ctcon's will have any sort of quality.
>>
This cons after party called convivial has an actual site...its dam funny

http://convivialfest.com
>>
Day zero
Someone giving the camera the alt right sign in the front
>>
File: Dh7GdYGVQAAzUF4.jpg (79 KB, 392x807)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Sorry. Forgot to post picture
>>
>>9940813
For fucks sake use the name Dylan Banocy
>>
Didn't see there was a line because I was coming from not the parking garage and I pushed the locked doors which had no signs for "go that way to get in line" and the security guard went fucking ballistic jesus christ scared me half to death.
Could've just pointed and said go that way.
Gonna give him a piece of gum and tell him to chill out after I get my pass.
>>
>>9941105
Lowkey this is the second year i did that.
>>
>>
File: 1436304585276.jpg (57 KB, 960x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
So, the con's movie night....what a turn out

also im told the sprinklers are on as well
>>
>>9941201
Was tempted to show up. Glad I didn't. I Didn't think about how uncomfortable it would be to sit in stadium seats for 2 hours until you posted that image.
>>
>>9941122

Who is that guy?
>>
>>9940568
Just have one thing to share in regards to Toesuck and his various names: My friends used to call him Lord of the Mesh because of a particular hand gesture he made in one of his nudes.
Because of the slight motion blur I’m pretty sure he had just lifted up his boner for the photo then moved his hand away, but it came out like an evil wizard summoning a thunderstorm or something.

So there you have it; Lord of the Mesh. Carry on.
>>
Just got my badge today anyone planning on meeting up tomorrow or something
>>
>>9941223

The nickname that Boston Police were given in the aftermath of the SWATing incident was "The Fishnet Rapist".

I won't explain how I know that.

The guy he SWATed was part of Anime Boston Security. Was never fired, promoted to supervisor.

He now runs the Facebook Group "Con Creeper Tip Line"

Dox for Dylan and police report can be found within.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1531461870376.jpg (28 KB, 360x516)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
didn't make this but thought I'd share
>>
Got half way through trimming my beard before I realized I have leftover skin plastic from last year I can use to cover it.

Feels bad.

Any other last minute cosplay disasters?
>>
The stairs are still blockaded this year but at least none of the convention doors are locked this time
>>
yeah I genuinely don't understand why someone would travel to come to this con. Unless you're relatively local and have friends it isn't worth it.
>>
>>9941554
Some aspects of the con are objectively worth it. For example, the arcade is massive and free so if you are gonna play in the arcade all weekend the early bird price of $50 for 4 days is 100% worth it.
>>
didn’t see a rave in the con book... any word on anything?
>>
Noticeably less people around this year. Maybe this is the push daigle needs to actually get him to listen to feedback. I guess we'll have to wait for prime time Saturday to see if the lack of people continues.
>>
>>9941625
I stayed away this year due to poor broadcasting of the panel list, high weekend ticket cost, and the lack of late night programming.
>>
Just saw the picture on fb. Did they carpet the dealer's room!?
>why are the ticket prices going up?
>muh budget

For those who don't know, carpeting large halls like that costs a lot of money. In the realm of $20,000 wouldn't be surprising. Maybe more.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1531507108086.jpg (104 KB, 1080x565)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>9941631
This? Would the con be responsible for that cost, and not the venue itself?
>>
>>9941658
Yes the con pays that cost; the carpeting arrangement that fits one event might not fit another. It's also a dead giveaway that the carpeting has been arranged for walkways in particular, as some events that happen at the CTCC would consider carpeting a fire hazard. Some events that happen here also require wood floors so they have wood installed. Point is it's a massive investment for mostly aesthetics.
That being said, I really like the floor plan this year; it's way easier to navigate in my opinion. I think this might solve the clutter issue and the confusing uniformity of the area. We'll have to wait til tomorrow when it's packed to figure that out though. The gaming area feels really empty is my main concern.
>>
>>9941625
Oh ya, it definitely feels emptier this year. Hell, last year felt empty and this year's even worse
>>
Ct con vendor hall in a nutshell: buy japenese candy at Asian grocery store, sell it at 100% markup.
>>
Today has been so dull, im happy i only paid for a day badge, i cant with a weekend, this con just feels like a let down, i wanted ot give it a chance but ....its not worth it at these prices, at least staff seems on the ball but this yr feels lacking
>>
>>9941761
It's only worth it for me because a ton of friends go and the arcade has less lines than most cons. Also found some decent accessories at some booths.
>>
Ill be there later tonight and tomorrow, to anyone there, how is the awful karaoke situation i know it moved to down a hall but is it as bad as every year with tone deaf losers screaming at the top of thier lungs to awful pop music?
>>
Can any1 help , there is nothing on the Connecticon website about late night stuff after 830, at least nothing im seeing, do events just end and everyone goes home or to thier rooms? I saw nothing at the con about anything,

maybe sat will be where stuff goes on , i hope so this con is not what i was expecting other than the neat dealers/ game room i see nothing that makes me want to come bac next year...or even sunday
>>
File: ctcon.png (61 KB, 1004x430)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>
>>9941804
Anon, I...
>>
>>9941809
Fucking KEK
>>
>>9941809
What is a bathroom?
>>
>>9941838
You tell me
>>
It is now 930
con is closed, get your ass to bed

thanks for paying $80 plus parking plus whatever else for our lovley con see you tomorrow
>>
>>9941904
Have a nice night anon. I went home because my hometown had a carnival with fireworks. Wish I could've seen the 18+ fanfic panel but oh well.

If you're all still bitter tomorrow night we can have a few [dozen] beers and share our miseries with each other.
>>
I was really bored today. Nerdfit knocked it out of the park, and food trucks were quality as always. I picked up a hat. That was pretty much my whole day though. Is this really it?
I don't give a shit about a single guest besides Steve Blum, I guess.
Did I miss some obviously good activities? I know there's the convival, and I'll do that tomorrow.
This con feels like a bunch of half assed, low profile, low quality, BORING stuff.
Vendors were ok but too many doing the same thing.
If tomorrow isn't more interesting, this will be my last CtCon. I'll save up for a better convention next year.
>>9941664
Oh boy.
>>
Can someone explain how having a rave or dance in it's own room at the con is supposed to be more disruptive than people blasting their shitty music on the stairs all night? Some of us are old and need our sleep.
>>
>>9941581
Lol you must be new, CTcon hasn't had a rave in years
>>
>>9941999
Anon. Are you trying to use common sense? Not at this con, my friend. They don't use that here.
>>
>>9942006
I'm just honestly surprised that it's 1am and they're still out there. No one's complained to the hotel or anything? Hell it's late enough that if they don't quiet down someone could call the cops on them.
>>
>wow, ctcon so boring now
>nostalgiacon
>friendcon
>daigle a mean
>toe SUCK
>so expensive
>shitcurity
>>
>>9942013
Its hartford anon, the police have homicides to deal with
>>
real talk which food trucks or close by food places would you recommend?
>>
>>9942087
What?
>>
>>9942125
Bear's Smokehouse is really good but a bit pricey. The foodtruck has a few extra dollars slapped on top of their normal prices.
Last year I remember the grilled cheese truck and the taco truck being good. As far as I can tell, the trucks are pretty well vetted so they're all good.
>>
Can I get a hell yeah for the prereg line?
>>
Not really seeing many other people in Lolita but it is ct-con.
>>
>>9942003
ooh, thank you, my roommate said there was one last year, guess they may have gone to something else! thank you
>>
>>9942291
It's an off site adult dance. Not technically associated with the con since it's not listed anymore. Not sure if it's going on this year.
>>
swear I've seen more people cosplaying diva's Lolita costume than actual Lolita lol.
>>
Is there a planned meetup or have we consigned ourselves to drinking alone in reflection of our time spent at this convention?
>>
>>9942381
There is a swapmeet for Lolita shit at 8 near registration I think.
>>
>>9942306
if ya hear anything...... ya know... let me know....
>>
The masquerade made me sad this year :( i had a walk on and it was rooouuuuugh
>>
Warning to anyone not dressed like a normie avoid the food trucks a few bus loads of loud, low income, blacks are here for the fireworks and they will make their opinions known.
>>
No swapmeet I guess I don't know where it's suppose to be.
>>
Oh by the way there was a real creepy dude out front of the convention center trying to ask girls what they were doing, how long they were gonna be waiting there, who was coming for them, etc. just pulling real creepy info and seemed predatory in nature.

Description is about 5'11", male, african american, a bit heavyset.
>>
>>9942518
this
>>
For future reference, what are some other cons on the east coast that happen about this time of year? Thinking of moving on from ctcon to greener pastures.
>>
Anonymous 07/14/18(Sat)20:20:49 No.9942533▶
For future reference, what are some other cons on the east coast that happen about this time of year? Thinking of moving on from ctcon to greener pastures.

Pintastic Pinball Expo if oyu like playing free pinball games
( sturbdidge mass)

Pop Cult Anime Con
( Farmington mass)

Otakon ( its in DC its huuuuge )

look for something you like and go
>>
Man and now a false shooter scare god damn I’m missing a shitshow con
>>
>>9942663
Dude it was scary. There were a couple of solid panels desu
>>
Thankfully no guns were set off and everyone it safe, but it is Hartford so im guessing some bitch ass gang bangers at riverfest fighting over whos fucking other's girl or since it is hartford its over drugs
Hey Emilio, tell me how safe hartford is now buddy

RIP Ctcon
>>
>>9942690
It was 100% a fight between some local punks, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was gang related. Some people are posting that allegedly they also fired some shots into the air before taking off. No clue if it's true, but it was mass chaos on the Riverfest side.

Anyone who was on the con side, how did they handle it over there? I heard they were screaming at people to get inside and went into a lockdown.
>>
>>9942723
That's ridiculous, I was there, no shots were fired nor blacks involved. There was a hand to hand fight on the bridge that qas misconstrued as an active shooter, people started running, people saw people running like they were running from an active shooter and everyone was scared.

Jfc you racist pricks
>>
I was across the street at the theater during the nonsense. I heard a SHITload of sirens of all varieties, but everyone walking by seemed none the wiser. I only found out about it via SMS during the fireworks.
>>
File: IMG_20180714_123001030.jpg (3.98 MB, 3024x4032)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB JPG
Godhand Gene back for another year of photobombs.
>>
>>9942687
I only made it ro thw lvl up your cosplay one.
Solid imo, wish i had gone to the cosplay 101 panel though
>>
I missed most of the panels i wanted to go to on Saturday because I lost track of time, but on Friday all of the panels I went to were good.
My favorite of the weekend was probably the rankin/bass history panel. Made history interesting, which I think is hard to do.
My "surprisingly good" panel was the 100 Years War dance by Kalligraphy. I only went to it because I had nothing better to do while friends were in another panel. Thought it was gonna be some hack thing, but it was actually really atmospheric and cool. The voice acting was garbo though.
Sunday (today) looks like it has no good panels. Makes me think they just put guest signings on the panels list to make it look like there are more panels than there actually are.
>>
I didn’t want to go this year so I didn’t. I’ve gone for the past several years and have watched it go down hill. Can someone who has also gone the past couple/several years give me some critical analysis as to how much worse the con got, or surprisingly how much better it has gotten this year?

I want to know if it’s even worth considering next year.
>>
>>9943006
It was downright terrible last year. Guards everywhere, lots if inaccessible areas, garbage panel offerings, check in line was lonnngg, Daigle was an absolute cunt to people who complained, security was borderline abusive based on stories floating around, LoL took up too much space in the game room, the dealers room was confusing to navigate and almost as fucked as the year before (when Pokemon GO came out).

This year the panels are still garbage (but many people blame that on last minute panel management), Daigle's still a cunt, and they still make bad decisions about where to locate different activity areas (for example, the karaoke was easy to hear in the panel rooms and it was super annoying). Con staff (red shirts) were nicer this year, but security (white shirts) had some pretty rude people on shift. It felt like they outsourced security to the convention center instead of hiring security themselves.
I think the security and blocked off areas have been improved. While I really don't like that they blocked off the stairs again (and they didn't make the entrances any wider either), I did really like that they apparently agreed that with guards at all the convention entrances there's no need for badge checks inside. Made navigating the dealer's room and panels more fluid.
Speaking of the dealer's hall, I liked the new layout a lot more (carpet had nothing to do with it). Dealers themselves all seemed to fall into 3 categories this year though; there wasn't enough independent/unique sellers.

Overall an improvement for people who don't go to panels, and about the same for people who do.
Main complaints continue to be the con's "bedtime", the lack of 18+ panels, their lack of diverse panels in general (so much lgbt shit this year--at least not as many ponies), their stubbornness regarding the rave even though nothing bad ever happened in it, and their choice of event locations.

I miss the midnight stair talks of 2011 and 2012 ;(
>>
>>9942290
Lolita used to have a presence but with the attendance numbers dwindling and the push towards tabletop gaming and other boring aspects forced into this con, not many Lolitas are gonna be all that excited in going. My best friend is a big Lolita queen, she used to always go but the last couple years went on the meh list considering it's cheaper for a pass and room at Katsucon ffs. Lolita is pretty big at Katsu
>>
>>9942533
not during summer but AnimeNYC in November, Katsucon in February and Anime Boston either in March or April
>>
>>9942775
Thanks for the full story. I headed out after dealers room close, and us dealers were very curious wtf went down last night.
>>
>>9942775
First of all, nobody said anything about race. It is a fact that Hartford has gangs, so to say you wouldn't be surprised that a large fight was a result of gangs really isn't a stretch.

Second, there in fact WAS someone with a gun. It was a second incident after the fireworks ended on the walkway. It was posted by the Hartford Courant.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-news-hartford-travelers-walkway-shots-20180715-story.html
>>
>>9943136
Oh shit
>>
Was anyone here at the Overwatch photoshoot yesterday?
I've got some pics I can give you if so.
>>
Anyone get anything cool from the artist alley? Post pics.
>>
>>9943172
I got some porn but I can't post it here.
>>
Nothing happened, no one got trampled or hurt. Nothing to see here move along

Like this is such a blatant lie, and the best part is some people got hurt because of all the measures diagle has taken to block off people.
>>
Did ANYONE attend any of that convivial shit? I've heard nothing good or bad ..at least we know the movie thing was a bust ..but the after hrs thing...nothing...are people keeping silent about the silent dance????
>>
>>9943249
A few of my friends did convival last year and had a great time. Can't speak for this one.
>>
For fucks sake they actually let this retard spin fire on the stair section?
>>
>>9943388
Fire spinning is dope as fuck; You're just a panzy, anon. Letting someone do this is genuinely good for the con and shows that the stick up administration's ass is slowly coming out.
All this crap about hazards with people sitting on the air vents and shit like that is such an overreaction and makes the convention feel so formal.
>>
>>9943449
Fire plus drunk people is a bad combo Raffi
>>
>>9943463
Worst that can happen is someone gets a little burnt. That whole area is stone, glass, and metal so there's nothing to catch fire except costumes, but if you're in a costume and close enough to catch fire that's your own fault. I don't think moving it off convention grounds would actually change the danger level of it.
>>
how'd some of the artists do this weekend in the alley? My table did kinda alright, not as much as last year. Pins were my only reliable seller, prints and keychain/charms weren't really doing it, even putting them on a pretty heavy discount on sunday.
>>
>>9943249

I was good this year and last year, its one of the few reasons i still go to CTcon
>>
Anyone know what happened to this dude? I saw a bunch of medics around him
>>
Oh by the way, they’re getting rid of early bird prices now
>>
>>9943233

There wasnt a shooter just some guy with a stolen gun shooting at nothing. At least it wasnt like you know inside the convention.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-news-hartford-travelers-walkway-shots-20180715-story.html
>>
>>9943545
this
anyone wanna share the code for $30 off that the program had? gonna go next year since one of my best friends is in the area and it's a nice venue to chill at, but i refuse to pay full price.
>>
>>9943583
It was something easy to guess, like XVII2018. It's only for the first 500 members.
Getting rid of early bird seems like a blatant cash grab. I genuinely don't believe them when they say it's becoming more expensive to run the con. It can't be. I think they're just choosing to spend money on lackluster things, like carpeting.
>>
>>9943791

Expenses do go up each year but most cons make up for it in rising attendance or rebugeting so they can spread price hikes out to every few years. A con that is raising prices each year is doing it because they're losing attendance and losing sponsors.
>>
This con lost its sponsors yrs ago. The only one they had left was the tabletop shop . But they are no longer there either. King Matt no longer owns the shop and the new owners d idnt want to sponser the con any longer. So this con has
nothing anymore .

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.