[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

why is german cruisine so shit and never talked about?

There are a few delicous things like pic related but over all

we have good beers, sausages and bread
but thats it i guess
>>
>>9690242
No one talks about german cuisine because it's shit

Bradwurst and sauerkraut. Thats it I guess
>>
>>9690242
I like german food and never really understood why it gets such little spotlight.

I think it's because in America so many people have german heritage and sausages, cabbage and potatoes are a regular part of their diet so it doesn't seem exotic.

I love a good Zieguener or Jager(sp?) Schnitzel, Spaetzle, pretzel and a giant stein of weihenstephaner. I used to go to a german restaurant after exams in grad school after studying for weeks. I would get pretty drunk and eat schnitzel. It's great comfort food.
>>
Nobody talks about German cuisine because it seems boring but it does its job pretty well. It's effective and tasty, the presentation is lacking in most cases though.
>>9690242
I see OP is a faggot as always.
>>9691242
Zigeunerschnitzel and Jägerschnitzel are pretty nice, yeah. Try Rindsrouladen some time.
>>
>>9690242
Landjager >>> American Jerkey
>>
>>9690242
Descendent of Hessian POW, whenever I cook in the PA German style, people go crazy for it.

Sauerkraut is less about opening a can or jar of it, but homemade, with apples and onions, juniper berries simmered in bacon fat with pork ribs...
>>
Here, something "simple" but awsome: Leberknödel (liver dumplings)

I really doesn't look like much, but if you like the taste of liver then this is something worth trying.
>>
File: th (45).jpg (14 KB, 300x223)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Have some Rohrnudeln.

It's basically what everyone knows as Donuts around the world. It's the same dough but since it's made in the Oven instead of bein fried there is a crust and less fat/oil.
>>
>>9691332
Fellow Hessian POW child, family settled in Indiana then moved south. German and Southern food is a damn good mix.

Still miss my Oma's pickles.
>>
A Datschi.

It's Pancake with filling made in the oven. I shouldn't have to explain how awsome pancakes with hot and sweet raspberries or plums would taste.
>>
>>9690242
The food can be pretty shit, but the bread is god-tier. I'm not a fan of anaerobically derived vegetable preservation, and therefore don't care for much traditional german foods.
>>
>>9691445
>anaerobically derived vegetable preservation

stop
>>
>>9690242
I like German food but it always makes me gassy.

[spoiler]Gassy the Jewies that is hahahaha[/spoiler]
>>
Kartoffelstriezel

Now, this is dish that close to dying out. It's a lot work to make. If you still can get it somewere, give it a try. What is it? It's sweet and unique, if I had to describe it then huge french fries with sweet apple or plum filling would come close.
>>
It's pretty old and basic food. You can really see how most recipes are basically "aww shit, we got nothing but pork, grains & veggies so lets make the best of it."
>>
>>9690242
I'm going to catch shit for this, but...I don't even think Germany makes particularly good sausage.

Beer is good though. Especially wheat beers.
>>
Germans have good food
>>
Northern Germany has good fish recipes tßh.
>>
File: schupfnudel-rezepte.jpg (39 KB, 620x320)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Schupfnudeln

It's very close to french fries and can be eaten as such with Ketchup. However this one also tastes great with sweet apple jam. It wont fall apart in Soup, but it's also nice with fried vegetables or cheese and bacon.
>>
>>9690242
chicago here, beers and sausages and carbs are all you really need anyway
>>
>>9690242
Rahmgeschnetzeltes

It's meat in wine-sourcream sause. It's very tasty with a touch of high class. However, since it can be beef, pork or even chicken the preference is usually: "The way mom always made it!".
>>
>>9691541
Did you eat the ones in my picture yet?

They are by far my favourite
>>
>>9691576
True that my friend, cheers
>>
It's not that bad, currywurst and kebab are both delicious.
>>
>>9691665
They are called "Nürnberger" sausage
>>
Rahmkartoffeln

This is a side dish. Potatoes in cream sauce. That's it, potatoes, cream, parsley. You can't get enough of this once you start eating, but it also become otherworldly fantastic if the gravy of the main meat dish starts mixing with the sauce.
>>
Sauerbraten

It's roasted meat however the gravy is sour. The red cabbage is sweet and the dumplings are more neutral to salty. This isn't just a meal, it's an adventure!
>>
>>9691743
My nigga, was about to post this. Goes great with german beer.
>>
File: 58226-sauers-lingerl.jpg (74 KB, 600x600)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Saure Lingerl

There is nothing good about this dish. It's lung stripes. I heard it tastes great but by god it smells awful. Don't ever make it at home if you don't want your children, pets and neighbours to hate you.
>>
Blumenkohlsuppe (cauliflower soup)

It's cauliflower soup. It's great, children love it.
>>
>>9691788
"I could murder some strips of lung right now, Klaus"
>>
>>9691832
RIP nose
>>
>>9690242

What you there is tourist food, you fucking stereotype tosser.
>>
>>9691337
Hitler favourite food, even after going vegetarian. Enjoy your nazi Delikatesse.
>>
>>9691497
>Kartoffelstriezel
Doesn't sound that hard to make. I'm gonna try them tomorrow. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9691891
>enjoy
I do. It's great.
>>
>>9691891
>Hitler favourite food, even after going vegetarian
One more reason to eat it...
>>
>>9690242
>why is german cruisine so shit and never talked about?

Excuse you and your entire misbegotten kind?
>>
File: 1510340759633.png (54 KB, 645x729)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
We literally had a thread on German food the other day. It's tasty.
>>
Kassler mit Sauerkraut (Neck with sour Cabbage)

This is best descibed as Yin&Yang. Not everyone likes sour cabbage, however who could belive that Neck braised in it could be so super delicious? It's the good and bad at the same time. An emotional rollercoaster. Of course if you like sour cabbage it's just good and a joy to eat.
>>
>>9690242
reasons:
1+2+3: german agriculture is too industrialized, 80% of the bigcity folks have never seen,smelled,tasted a vegetable thats not utterly shit, you have to look really hard to find good produce thats affordable if you live in a german city.
4: the lack of availability of good produce dictates that food is not adventurous and mostly consists of things that were available during or after the wars, generations of frugalty have an effect on the recipes and traditions handed down
5.The large cheap supermarkets like aldi originate from germany and changed shopping habits for a major part of the population

t.german
Besides that the recipes are good, considering what was available.
i only got into cooking once i found a supermarket that sells good vegetables/meat, shopping at large supermarketchains is just so fucking uninspiring, the same fake ass vegetables that taste like nothing all year around,packaged meat...
>>
geröstete grießsuppe (fried wheat semolina soup?)

It's an easy to make soup. The taste depends greatly on the soup base you use. It's a satisfying dish.
>>
>>9692173
Oh man, this really takes me back. I loved that soup so much as a kid.
>>
>>9690242
I doubt OP could name 5 german foods that aren't sausages without using google. I think this was a low key post to find more german food since he prolly recently tried some. I use cunningham's law all the time too OP, shits great.
>>
File: koenigsberger_klopse.jpg (82 KB, 250x374)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Descendent of Germans who settled towns in Texas reporting. German food is delicious, nutritious, but doesn't necessarily have eye appeal. I still cook all the German recipes that were handed down through my family, and everyone loves it, even my friends who had never tried German food before.
Pic related, one of my personal favorites, Koeningsberger Klopse. Meatballs ( more like meat dumplings, really) in caper sauce. Doesn't have great visual appeal, but tasty as fuck. Ususally served with boiled/roasted potatoes, but I prefer either good mashed potatoes or egg noodles to catch all the delicious sauce.
>>
Fleischpflanzerl (Meat Balls)

While this a german dish, I pretty sure every country got it's own Meat Balls and it's not that different too. Everyone knows it and likes it.
>>
>>9692254
oops, I posted a bit too late there >>9692257
nice post. I fact, the most delicious meat ball I ever ate wasn't german but made by an american cook on an US army base.
>>
There is a lot to write about german Bread and sweet backed but in the end you should simply visity a german backery to really understand what it is all about.
>>
>>9691575
> very close to french fries
more like gnocchi
>>
File: harzer-kaese-klein.jpg (19 KB, 700x350)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>9690242
German food is underrated.
>>
>>9692254

Königsberger Klopse are one of the greatest meals on this planet. Damn.
>>
File: 601_big.jpg (120 KB, 747x497)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
It's me >>9692254 again.
So, do Germans still eat much koch kase?
Just wondering, because this was a staple of all the German-descended families in town when I was growing up. Every family made their own, including mine. Just curious.
>>
File: th (46).jpg (16 KB, 300x242)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Ausgezogene Krapfen

It's Donut. Same dough, same way fried. The only difference, instead of a hole the center is crispy.
>>
>>9692364
Melted Cheese? In my area of Germany this wasn't a thing. However the Swiss are pretty famous for their melded cheese culture.
>>
>>9692394
You can eat it cold or hot. It's basically a spreadable homemade cheese, usually with caraway seeds.
>>
>>9692402
Spreadable Cheese, oh okay then that was a thing and still is. However I never seen someone make it. There is variety of those ready to be bought.
>>
>>9692412
Yeah, I guess in Germany you can just buy it. We have to make our own here, no one sells it. There used to be two meat markets in my town when I was a kid who made and sold it, but one of them went out of business, and the other became more commercialized and cut it from their products.
>>
>>9692431
I wonder why. With all the international trade going on, one could guess those get arround too. Well, if you ever stay in a german hotel, you usually get spreadable cheese in addition to jam and butter for breakfast at bread buffet or room service.
>>
Erbsensuppe (peas soup)

Peas, Potatoes, Sausage. Rich and smooth Taste.
>>
>>9692412
You can put plain yogurt in a coffee filter overnight and make a herb spread with it.
>>
>>9692464
You'd think, wouldn't you? I live just outside a large city now, and I check for it everything I'm in any store that sells cheese, German imports, or delis, or anything related to German foods, and I haven't found any yet. I mean, yes, you can buy spreadable cheese here, but not specifically THAT type.
>>
>>9692493
*every time*
>>
i love german food
>>
>>9692502
That one is a bit grey. It's obviously a turkish dish, however turks seem to only make it germany that way so kinda german too.
>>
>>9690242
At least Germans have enough dishes to make up a restaurant.

Canadians have nothing. They are the worst.
>>
Obazda

It's a cheeze dip/spread. While this a german bavarian thing, the cheese is actually mainly mashed french Camembert. I've never seen a person that didn't like it.
>>
File: nutella.jpg (85 KB, 620x618)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Ending my posts with Nutella.

(It's actually Italian, though)
>>
somebody try schäuferla from franconia - thats the shit
>>
>>9692624
My family ruled Franconia...
>>
>>9692628
name and living place?
>>
>>9691546
>chicken-fried steak
>German
>>
westphalian version of Panhas. america know it as the dutch version called Balkenbrij.

very thin slices shortly roasted in the pan an then put the slice on some Schwarzbrot. ad nothing else
>no part of the pig wasted
but best freshly made. i.e.
>gather family in early morning
>kill pig and most people wait 1 to 3 hours (to exsanguinate)
>everyone has some parts of it to proceed (group building)
>enjoy one dish after another
>quiet after sunset
>rest will be spared between everyone
good ol days ja
>>
>>9691479
ohh shit this playa ain't holding back
>>
File: cfs_ncu9co.jpg (130 KB, 1080x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>9692653
That's not chicken fried steak. THIS is chicken fried steak, which you can also thank Germans for since it was the German settlers who basically converted schnitzel to mature tough beef steaks to make it, since that was the main meat available to them.
>>
>>9692502
The Döner Kebap was actually invented in the 70s in Berlin. Sooo...yep german food
>>
>>9692739
wiki disagrees with you
>>
>>9692749
not really. this version of (döner) kebab in bread was indeed a 1970 invention in berlin. (you've got to read further than "kebab")
>>
>>9692763
still made by turks, and I'm not sure why youd be proud of this anyway
>>
>>9692323
this is one of the most disgusting things you could eat on planet earth. absolutely kill yourself if you like this feces thing, as you are most likely not human.
I've tried lots of yucky stuff in my life, but this takes the fucking cake.
>>
posting another one or two..

Essignudeln (Vinegar Noodles)

This is a dish eaten cooled. Noodles in Vineagar and pikled cucumber. This is usually eaten on hot summer days. It's refreshing and a good meal to have when the sun is melting everything arround you.
>>
>>9690242
I really liked Koenigsberg Kloepse. Also German bakeries and delis are a slice of heaven.
>>
>>9694607
>when it gets 74 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
Kartoffelsalat (Potatoe Salad)

This is quite similar to Vinegar Noodles but with Potatoes and usually with leek and onions. This is a side dish for grilled meat and is a must have at barbecue.
>>
>>9694620
That looks like shit tier kartoffelsalat. It should look like this.
>>
Brotzeitplatte (Bread time plate)

This is a bavarian thing and part of Bread culture. Britain got tee time, bavaria got bread time. Various Sausages, cheese, butter and vegetables like radish on a big plate. You just grab something you want on your bread and your good to go. No cooking required.
>>
>>9694643
Is that bacon in there? The fuck are you showing me? If you have steak or grilled rips you want to enjoy the taste of beef and not defile it with pork in your side dish. What's wrong with you?!
>>
>>9694661
Millenials thing a side dish isn't complete without "tasty"-like cheese and bacon cubes in it.
>>
>>9694661
Fuck yes it's bacon, and I will fucking fight you over it. Bacon, vinegar, a touch of wine, parsley, onion, salt and pepper, and a pinch of sugar. I'll take your eyes out motherfucker.
>>
>>9694671
Nope, this has been a "thing" for over 200 years at least. Try harder.
>>
>>9694651
>dat liverwurst
>>
>>9692787
turkish immigrants are actually a big part of modern german culture. Most are here in the second or third generation and since their families are very interested in integrating and ascending in german society you meet brown people with a musical accent everywhere. It's german now to be turkish. It's our thing, we absorb other cultures.
>>
File: 1414706342875.gif (163 KB, 640x640)
163 KB
163 KB GIF
>>9694675
>BACON
>BACON
>BACON
>BACON
>BACON
>>
>>9694675
>fight
You have nothing to fight with, though. It's sad, it really is.
>>
I'd say bavarian food is god tier tho. dunno about the rest of germany tho
>>
>>9694682
There are hundreds of different types of Kartoffelsalat but the nearly all traditional oes are without "expansive" ingredients to to beeing a pleb side dish. You had meat maybe twie a week and didn't waste bacon to but a it of saltyness into a fucking Töftensalat.
>>
>>9694710
Really? So, other than your dislike of bacon, just what exactly makes your piss colored kartoffelsalat better?
>>
>>9694724
So, are you saying you don't use extra bacon fat for coking? That you're so poor, you can't afford an extra bacon slice or chopped leftover ham hock? Mine is just as "traditional" as your poor ass Bavarian potatoes.
>>
>>9694726
I have nothing against bacon. However sausages in germany usually go with the golden ratio of beef and pork, so it's an everday thing if you will. Kartoffelsalat is a side dish and of course you can have bacon as a main. But mixing it together just defeats the purpose of a side, you make it a main dish and not a very great one if I may say.
>>
>>9694704
>since their families are very interested in integrating
My fucking sides, dude. 2/3 of turkih immigrants in the third generation didn't even get a Hauptschulabschluss (aka any degree after the elemetary school). You can hear their ghetto accents even tho not even their parents have ever been in turkye. 80% of them are on welfare and the remaining ones are making "side money" with "used electronics", "kebab and shisha shop" or kiosks.

They don't have any culture, besides a culture of paratism. he only reason they sell kebab so often is so that they can reuse gone bad meat on the stupid kaffir.

Go be a cultureless roach Mischling somewhere else, Mehmet.
>>
>>9694736
It's not traditional in a culture plagued by wars and actual plagues. You cherish meat instead of using it herb-like. Just check out any Kriegskochbuch you stupid pleb.

The only Kartoffelsalate with bacon or Schinken are those eaten as a main dish = the meat has been to rare that they tried to stretch it as far as possibe.

Leave to pinterest, pleb.
>>
>>9694742
That's such bullshit. There's plenty of sides or starters that incorporate meat or fish. It's not as if you are using an entire package of fucking bacon. Idk where you live, but your logic is flawed.
>>
>>9691242
>I think it's because in America so many people have german heritage and sausages, cabbage and potatoes are a regular part of their diet so it doesn't seem exotic.
I think this is the real reason. That and the ingrained self-hatred of Germans, they have no real advocates for their national foods.
>>
>>9694761
You don't like beef, do you? Because if you would, you simply wouldn't serve that abomination. You have a shitty and boring taste. May god have mercy on your soul.
>>
File: youdumbsperg.jpg (64 KB, 488x564)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9692841
calm down autismo
>>
Gurkensalat (Cucumber Salad)

Another side dish usually eaten in Summer and while at Barbecue or at Volksfest (October Fest). It great when eaten with cheese, pretzls and a some beer.
>>
>>9694776
>blah blah blah
>>
File: 42354442.jpg (128 KB, 768x768)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>9690242
>wooden fork looking thing
>>
>>9694758
You're a fucking moron. So, one or two pieces of bacon isn't using it "herb-like"? Yes, of course, an entire family only needs 1 piece of bacon for an entire meal!! How silly. You're making an ass of yourself trying to justify your terrible potatoes.
>>
>>9692254
Donnt forget to put some chopped up or ground anchovies into those Königsberger meatballs anon, that is how we eat them in our family. It adds so much more flavour.
>>
>>9694798
>wooden fork looking thing
It's a wooden fork.
>>
>>9694803
Are you actually retarded or just a Kulturschwein? Just accept that you're making meme food straight out of pinterest.

t. german traditionalists actually having 200y+ old cooking books
>>
>>9694798
It's a fast food fork and a throwaway one-time-use thing. Cheap plastic forks or plastic toothpicks usually can't handle the sausage density and break.
>>
>>9690242
The problem is that everybody focuses on the stereotypical southern German dishes and therefore think that German cuisine has no variety. People unironically think that the majority of us drink the shit soda pop that is called "weizen" all day.
>>
File: 1508989048634.jpg (7 KB, 221x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>9694798
>>
>>9694821
Would be nice if you could northern dishes. I don't know anything about them myself. Spargelsuppe, grünkohl, fisch?
>>
>>9694704
>their families are very interested in integrating and ascending in german society
You must be living in a different Germany than I do. Turks are the lowest tier in society and they dont give a shit about becoming contributing members of society, just like all muslim trash they just want to live on welfare and organized crime. "Musical accents" my ass, "ey Aldaa ish mach dish Messa wenn ish mein Brüdas hol"
>>
>>9694818
As a German I can confirm that the person you replied to is in fact mentally challenged. His dumb stock image he posted even has paleo in the name
>>
>>9694643
No, it should not. I have never seen a potato salad remotely looking like that in my 43 years as a German. It looks like something you'd feed to the swine.
>>
File: Grünkohlpinkel.jpg (97 KB, 672x400)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>9694830
It depends on the Region, but generally lots of fish, often pickled, like Hamburger Pannfisch, Finkenwerder Scholle, Fischbrötchen. Lot's of Scandinavian style pastries, Black Tea with milk. Grünkohl as you said with Mettenden or Kassler. Fried Potatoes. Eel Soups. It's basically more close to Scandinavian or even eastern European food
>>
>>9694865
looks tasty!
>>
>>9694643
>lets put meme ingredients into my mashed potatoes otherwise they wont get enough clicks from my ADHS instagram followers

Like a real Kevin.
>>
>>9694643
Here an actual good german dish with potatoes and bacon:

Bratkartoffen (Fried Protaoes)

As the name said, fries potatoe slices, caraway and bacon. Often comes with eggs (sunny side up or scrambled)
>>
>>9694940
how is that German? It's just potatoes with bacon.
>>
>>9694943
Personally, I'm willing to believe Germans have a history of eating potatoes with bacon. Seems like a combination that would catch on.
>>
>>9694943
It's likely made arround the world. It's german standard german food but obviously so simple it's origin could be anywhere. I'm sure not a muslim or african invention, though.
>>
most things being posted here are germanic, not german. learn the difference
>>
>>9694971
>germanic
not really. as you can see most of the german food here is "new world" import. I doubt the germanics have been a thing past the 15th century. Medievil german food wasn't very versaile I assume. Mushrooms, Herbs, Pigs, cow, chicken, wheat....
>>
File: 3e2.jpg (389 KB, 1680x1120)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>tfw local german deli with master sausage maker
>tfw weißwürste and (real) braunschweiger whenever I want it
>tfw flyovers will never know this feel
>>
>>9694986
>master sausage maker
he goes to a hipster tavern in GayTown and thinks its authentic German food
>>
>>9694984
Medieval german food has been mostly vegetable stews with some bones with some bread. Meat was even rarer back than. It was mostly a pot made of local herbs and veggies which sat day after day over your homes fire on a low heat.

And beer as they though, probably for the most part rightly, that water was dangerous.
>>
File: ffe.jpg (1.3 MB, 2816x1880)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>9694991
t. triggered flyover who has to get his sausages from BUD at the local corner butcher's
>>
>>9690242
It's forgetful I guess, like their women and culture.
>>
>>9695001
that looks good, where at?
>>
>>9695003
It's like the german culture is so natural to everyone it's became more like a world culture and when the world goes "We wuz..." there just isn't much left. Wait, who would forget a german woman? Are you a dementia case? I hope you'll get better anon, I feel for you.
>>
File: 1914_map.jpg (298 KB, 986x627)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>9695001
Are you for fucking real?
"Flyover country" is where the majority of Germans settled.
>>
>>9695016
>jerrycucks tell themselves this as they dream of Mitteleuropa

lol how does it feel getting erased from the American identity AND Eastern Europe in one fell stroke?
>>
>>9695026
>1914

And then two world wars happened and they became Buds and Bobs. Completely schismed from their roots, like you.
>>
>>9695029
>how does it feel
Well, just like the end of world usually feels. Comfy.
>>
>>9695016
German women are extremely dull and boring.
>>
>>9695055
t. Mehmet which can only score barrel bottom Schakelines
>>
File: 078124.jpg (959 KB, 1300x1708)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>9695001
I want to zutzel on that weißwurst so bad right now.
>>
File: lil_buco_hot_dog.jpg (74 KB, 590x443)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Because it looks like something a man would eat, not a WA LA $180 PLUS TIP scrap of meat on a sauce smear.
>>
>>9695098
you seem insecure.
>>
>>9694857
Well, I'm not only older th an you, and German, but I guess the professionally trained German chef from Dusseldorf I worked for, for 5 years, must have been wrong! No, no, that's you. You are wrong. Go get some actual training and then come back. Whatever terrible potato salad you make doesn't make it correct, dummy.
>>
>>9695106
Aww sweetie, are you projecting again? Who hurt you?
>>
>>9694940
DIDN'T YOU HEAR, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT MEAT IN YOUR STARCHES!!!! YOU HAVE TO EAT LIKE A STARVING WWI REFUGEE!!!!!
>>
>>9695112
>Düsseldorf
You mean besides our chinks and muzzies you got to know a real german? Most people here are dirty hipsters, not traditional cooks knowing the history of their dishes.
>>
>>9695116
The point was that most Kartoffelsalate aren't made with fucking bacon and Bratkartoffeln with meat and eggs are a main dish, just like Kartoffelsalat with meat in it.

But keep screeching.
>>
>>9695112
>trained in rootless gerneral international cuisine
>with a sub standard master
>learned to carve african fertility symbols in radish
>made noodles for 5 years
reeee, I feel important so I am!!!
>>
>>9695116
MY DISH IS TRADITIONAL DESPITE GOING AGAINST TRADITION!!!
>>
>>9694818
Sure, dummkopf. You're simply reaching now.
>>
>>9695127
Jealous much? >>9695120
>>
>>9695129
No, I actually live in Düsseldorf, am german AND know the history of our dishes, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>9695112
Fuck off, that shit looks like an abomination with at least five things that don't go into a proper German potato salad.
>>
>>9695128
It doesn't go against tradition. Not to mention, all your doing is reinforcing the notion people have that there's no variety in German food. You should be talking about the diversity of food from different regions of German instead of acting like your rigid definition based on your own experience is the only answer. You're making a terrible example of the nationality.
>>
>>9695112
>boomer thinks his post-war imported abominations are a traditional dish

Thank god, the world will rid itself from your kind.
>>
>>9694643
that looks like country potatoes not potato salad
>>
>>9695115
no you.
>>
>>9695133
Sure, sure you do.
>>
>>9695139
Please, it looks millions better than the washed out stomach acid potatoes that were posted. Too bad you don't have any taste.
>>
>>9695146
>no variety
>over 300 dishes with potatoes alone

It isn't traditional claiming that every Kartoffelsalat has to have Bacon, even less so to claim it as a side dish.

I don't know how often I have to repead myself. The hstory proves you wrong. You can claim Kartoffelsalat with Speck ad a shittone of other clearly non tradition herbs is your side dish, but don't claim this IS german Kartoffelsalat.

We have all the diversity we need.
>>
>>9695148
>boomer

Wrong again.
>>
>>9695152
Can't even write a Umlaut or ad hoc tell me which brewery is on the notorious partymeile, but questions me living in this muzzie infested shithole.
>>
>>9695159
I never said it HAD TO have bacon. I said it was superior to the other potato salad posted. You are the one arguing that it CAN'T have bacon. You're projecting your own bullshit.
>>
>>9695170
>that nervous backpedling
>>
>>9695159
Agreed
German food is simple permutations on a theme
>Roast potatoes with seasonal herbs
>Hunk of meat with vinegar and onions
>Hearty bread

What's to hate. German food is comfy as fuck and easy to modify to suit seasonal offerings
>>
>>9695167
Blah blah blah, I don't believe you. You talk like someone from /pol/.
>>
>>9695170
>trad Kartoffelsalat looks like shit
>Kartoffelsalat should like abomination pic related

Don't try to talk yourself out of it.
>>
File: laughingman.jpg (28 KB, 409x366)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Germany is tearing itself apart
>>
>>9695174
No backpedaling at all. I guess you just have extremely poor readjjng comprehension.
>>
>>9695178
>2017
>german in a multicultural shithole

>not on /pol/ and Krautchan

You just have yourself outed, Schwuchtel.
>>
>>9695156
>it looks better therefore it's proper potato salad

Gee whiz, ask me how I can tell you're a faggot reality sheltered meme cook armed with a brush and tweezers.
>>
>>9695179
>tries to pass off piss potatoes as traditional

Yeah, fuck off, you don't know anything.
>>
>>9695188
>thinks medieval is traditional
>>
>>9695181
...over potato salad
>>
Bavarian here, if your Kartoffelsalat doesn't look like this, you can fuck off back to the rest of pretend-Germany.
>>
>>9695184
>implying
>implying
>implying

Go back to your containment board, idiot.
>>
>>9695201
See, piss potatoes. Except those are more mashed than sliced. Still fucking terrible.
>>
>>9695204
>REEE containment board
>don't question my Kartoffelsalat monstrosity you evil traditionalist nazi
>Mods HELP

Schwuchteln machen Schwuchtelsachen.
>>
>>9695212
Are you going to keep crying, hosenscheisser? Take your swabian potatoes and fuck off.
>>
>>9695225
>he doesn't use the Eszett
Obviously not the only point in which our educational institutions have failed the younger generations.

Enjoy your (inspired by) german™ Kartoffelsalat.
>>
File: serveimage (4).jpg (77 KB, 800x370)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Nürnberger Rostbratwürste are one of the best sausages in existence
>>
>>9695241
True.
>>
>>9695237
Are you done having your temper tantrum yet?
>>
>>9695257
>that self projection
>>
>>9695260
Um, no, friend. You chimped out.
>>
>>9695306
looky looky, what do we have here?
>>
File: am-i-supposed.jpg (48 KB, 600x500)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>9695326
More piss potatoes. Disgusting.
>>
>>9692166

How is East German cuisine? I heard the food of the GDR was pretty innovative because you had to make do with pretty scarce/limited ingredients. Any classic GDR dishes or wine you would suggest?
>>
>>9695306
>gets BTFO due to posting bs
>tries to salvage it with claiming to have learned the art of Kartoffelsalat from a düsseldorfer Mastercook whiel not even beeing able to write proper german
>tries to go full plebbit with his REEE LEAVE ME ALONE /POL/

Yes, all the others are at fault, (((Hans))).
>>
File: 1408543297950.png (29 KB, 633x758)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>9695331
>it's piss potatoes
>she won
>fuck drumpf
of course, hush no more tears now.
>>
>>9692653
>Schnitzel
>Not a German staple

Come
Now
Son
>>
>>9694620

Recipe?

I had this often when I lived in Austria but I cannot google a recipe for neither love or money because if I google "potato salad" google gives me the American variant and if I google "Kartoffelsalat" google gives me the Danish variant (since I am googling from Denmark) and it is annoying as ffffuuucck
>>
>>9695492
does this google translate for you?
http://de.allrecipes.com/rezept/4490/lauwarmer-bayerischer-kartoffelsalat.aspx
>>
>>9694783

It probably tastes great and all yet damn me but that looks like somebody just jizzed over some cucumber slices and called it a dish.
>>
File: 1510180385191.png (7 KB, 304x306)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>9691242
>>
>>9694865

This is how you're supposed to *actually* use kale, not mixing it into fucking smoothies.
>>
>>9695492
I don't know which is closest to what you had, so here is the whole list.
www.chefkoch.de/rs/s0/kartoffelsalat/Rezepte.html
>>
>>9695001
>>9694991

Children, children, calm down, *all* Americans are uncultured, it doesn't matter what part of the colonies they were born in.
>>
>>9695544
>t. mexican
>>
>>9695160
>Older than 43
>Not a boomer

Sure thing grandpa, you're Greatest Generation material for sure.
>>
>>9695211

If you don't like traditional potatoes, that is ok.

If you change the recipe with meme ingredients and try to imply that this is the tradition, that is not ok.
>>
>>9695512
>does this google translate for you?

It stays in German but that's no problem, my German is, if not great, at least well above average.

>>9695540
>here is the whole list.

Thank you, both of you.
>>
>>9695565
>that's no problem
cool, enjoy!
>>
>>9690242
maybe if youd leave your room once in a while youd know better.
bavarian food is amazing
swabian food is amazing
northern food is amazing

you just need to get out more you fucking autist.
>>
>>9695534
I like this one. He looks calm and somewhat intelligent for some reason.
>>
why was this not posted yet ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJe3cdM7f1c
>>
File: IMG_1411.jpg (967 KB, 1600x1200)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
Gulasch

This is strictly speaking a Hungarian food. However it's also part of german food culture since who knows when. So I'm posting it.
>>
My godness, I almost forgot my own favorite food!

Dampfnudeln (Steamed Buns)

It's steamed Bread. The classic does have plum filling but without filling is also legit. Vanilla sauce (vanilla pudding) and some poppy seed as garnish.
>>
File: schinkennudeln4.jpg (230 KB, 770x460)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
Schinkennudeln (Ham&Noodles)

This probably again one of those dishes known and used around the world. It's cooked fast and usually used by moms as remedy for starving children that are about to go ferral.
>>
File: 1483659762683.jpg (24 KB, 347x402)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>9691660
>Butter chicken with fries made in Mac&cheese powder
>High class
>>
Kartoffelsuppe (Potatoe Soup)

Of course, there is a potatoe soup! An it got sausage in it. It's tastes like potatoe and sausage. Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? It's good soup, though.
>>
>>9695675
Those are not fries, they are thick noodles.
>>
>>9695553
Are you twelve, or just stupid? Boomers are in their late 50s through 60s. Gen X is in their 40s-early 50s.
>>
>>9695559
>smoked pork
> meme ingredient
Pick one.
>>
>>9695675
>Spätzle (Egg Noodles, no potato) =/= fries
>No cheese whatsoever
>got actual wine in it, which can be cheap to pretty damn expensive
>not high class (for homemade)
What?
>>
>>9695685

>Bacon
>Not a meme ingredient

percent
leddit
tier
>>
>>9695695
>German hating on smoked pork
So, where are you really from?
>>
>>9695677
No, you can't mix potatoes and pork products in Germany anymore, it's not Halal. Any potato dish you're caught putting pork into, and you will be swiftly kicked out of the country.
>>
>>9695703
Let me guess. You're still mad because nobody wants bacon in that Kartoffelsalat.
>>
>>9695201
>Bavaria
>German
>>
>>9695728
This is correct but only if you can say "Oachkatzalschwoaf".
>>
>>9695718
Loads of people like bacon in their warm potato salad, you're just being a cunt. There's dozens of varieties of potato salad in Germany, there's no "one" kartoffelsalat.
>>
>>9695763
Maybe... but there is only one Leddid you have to go back to.
>>
>>9695763
>first he was like
Without bacon its trash!
>than he was like
I know better than any german due to my secret düsseldorfer Master cook skills!
>than he was like
Be open to diversity, goy, there is no specific tradition!
>than he was like
I never claimed you HAD ti put bacon into it!
>than he was like
But people like putting bacon into it!

Watch his spiral back to plebbit.
>>
File: macro quality.jpg (294 KB, 1072x1047)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
To the potato salad traditionalist: how is a cuisine ever supposed to culturally evolve if gastroconservatives express disgust at ANY and EVERY modification to a traditional recipe? It's in the nature of people to make the best choices with the resources they have. Do you think your thousand-year-old progenitors of that kartoffelsalat dish made it that way because of "muh ancestors"? no, they were trying to make the best dish with the ingredients they had. They'd absolutely mix things up too if they had the opportunities we do as cooks.

Where do you draw the line past which a dish is no longer "traditionally German"? 1940? 1930? 1800s?
>>
>>9694994
>Meat was even rarer back than
Common misconception. Meat was actually more important than today. In the late medieval period meat consumption was over 100kg per annum per capita. 2016 number for germany was 88kg with 60kg for human consumption.

source (german):
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esskultur_im_Mittelalter#Fleisch
>>
>>9695813
>now he's going for the "don't stop progress, goy" route
>>
>>9695813
If it's good, people will like it and simply use it. If people don't like it, you hear whining about it.
>>
>>9695813
>not beeing able to call modern inventions traditional is prohibiting progress

Nobody was saying that you can't jizz in your salat, just don't claim that's what your fathers father did or else that stupid post wouldn't drag our collective IQ down to nigeria.
>>
This thread has the best looking food in it. I'm gonna have to go cook something now it made me hungry.
>>
There has to be a reason most Germans only eat German food during the holidays.
Plus, it's really heavy and so it doesn't exactly match with our lifestyles now.
>>
>>9695699

Did I say I hated it? I love bacon.

Doesn't stop it from being a meme ingredient.

Doesn't stop "let's add bacon!" from being a stupid thing to say when you're trying to cook a traditional dish that traditionally doesn't have bacon in it.
>>
>>9695813
>To the potato salad traditionalist

>the

We're at least three, judging from the thread.
>>
Next, bayrisch Creme (bavarian cream)

It's a sweet dessert that isn't pudding but it's pudding.
>>
Erdbeertorte (Strawberry tart)

Well, this should also be known arround the world. While it's something all germans make an eat, I guess it's actually an austrian invention. The biscuit bottom is literally called "Wiener-Boden" (Vienna Bottom). Of course you can put other fruits on top but then it's not a stawberry tart anymore. Oh, and it's great! If you've actually never ate one before... nah, anyone did.
>>
>>9695894
>Did I say I hated it?
In the jargon of this board, yeah. Retarded as it may be, "meme" seems to mean "something I don't like"
>>
>>9695956

You're mixing cause and effect. People feel the need to be edgy and cool on this entirely anonymous korean deep sea fishing board and so everything that is a meme, they affect to hate. Bacon is totally a meme ingredient but I don't feel the need to be edgy.
>>
>>9696019
I'm not discussing either cause or effect. I'm telling you that on this board calling something a meme ingredient is no different than saying you hate it.
>>
File: Vegeta.jpg (18 KB, 430x322)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>9695675
>Lé stupid american post
>>
>>9696025
>now he's going for the "but facts (language) are opinions, goy"
>>
Post mohnstrudel bitte
>>
File: mohnstrudel.jpg (26 KB, 448x252)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>9696069
Mohnstrudel (Poppy Swirl)

It's a perfect company for coffee come together. I've eaten it serveral time however, I'm not actually sure whenever it's german. It's good though, if you like poppy. Otherwise go for Plätzchen that also shouldn't be missing when having coffee with guests.
>>
File: spitzbuben2.jpg (102 KB, 750x500)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Plätzchen (cookies?)

This picture shows "Spitzbuben" (my favorite) however there are also "Vannille Kipferl, Anisplätzchen, Eierplätzchen, Buttergebäck...and many more".
>>
>>9696162
A recipe similar to spitzbuben was frequently served at Halloween parties during the 90's here. It could look remarkably like an injury.
>>
>>9695334
It gave us the infamous Broiler. A Broiler is a whole grilled chicken which gets sold as a dinner or as street food. Got popular because the only thing which was plentyful in the GDR was chicken.
There is also the Kettwurst, which is kinda like a Hot Dog but the sausage is stuffed inside a carved out roll and completly drenched in Ketchup.
>>
>>9696143
Thank you anon. I once had a funny incident with mohnstrudel at a corner bakery. I just wanted a little something to eat in the morning at the bus stop, asked for the mohnstrudel which I thought was a small pastry behind the counter, and the cashier gave me a funny look and said "wirklich?". I was adamant. "Ja, bitte". Not just a piece of mohnstrudel. A whole fucking mohnstrudel. I looked rediculous carrying that massive piece of pastry around the street and on the bus.

It was only 4 Euros and I shared it with some friends. They were dying laughing. It was fucking delicious though.
>>
>>9696193
I guess ordering it next time in will be a piece of cake for you then. Glad you could enjoy it though.
>>
>>9696203
>I guess ordering it next time in will be a piece of cake for you then.
Very funny
>Glad you could enjoy it though.
Yea man it was good. Nothing I had at the bakery made me think "meh, it's ok", it all tasted delicious. Even humble little broetchen were awesome with some meat and cheese.
>>
File: amerikaner.jpg (72 KB, 500x386)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>9696222
By the way, if you order an american (Amerikaner) in a german bakery, you'll get
>pic related
(I don't know how it got that name)
>>
>>9696266
otherwise known as Sandbrötchen. and before someone goes full /pol/. they where called that from the very beginning. i know them by that name (and amerikaner) for 35 years
>>
>>9696302
Are you retarded? What exactly has Sandbrötchen to do with /pol/, are you implying evryone things of shitskins while even hearing "sand"? The Sandmännchen isn't a rapefugee as well.
>>
>>9696387
>triggerd left see racism in everything
>calling something eatable amerikaner is racist
>they started to call them sandbroetchen
>>
>>9696406
I don't think the left gives a shit about anti-white racism, desu. Yes, I'm generous using the word "white" towards euromutts.
>>
File: IMG-20171111-WA0015.jpg (1.1 MB, 4032x2268)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
I can't believe no one has even posted a good hax'n. This is what I ate just last weekend
>>
>>9692500
Here in Bavaria it's known as "Obatzer" (more general term) or "Schwiegermutterkäse" (a little less known).
>>
>>9695118
>chinks
Actualy the only asians in Düsseldorf are japanese...
>>
>>9696670
I know, but Schlitzis are Schlitzis.
>>
>>9690242
One time I had kraut that was brown and had onions and coriander in it. It was really good
>>
>>9692653
That shit's more like katsu though, chicken fried steak is tougher and has thicker breading.
>>
>>9696718
So you never had to deal wit koreans or chinese, if you thought japanese where bad, you`ll run away...
>>
>>9696747
Nah, I don't think of the as bad. They are the least trouble of all of them. I just "chink" all Schlitzis, well, besides curr niggers, they are a special kind of designated race

Still, all the weeabo shitheads they attract make me angry. Just spend a day at the Japantag and you know why we should implement Arbeitslager again.
>>
>>9694943
99% of German food involves potatoes and pork, it's fucking German
>>
>>9696757
>Japantag
I saw enough pictures, never bomb down 90% of a country...
>>
>>9696766
Sauerkraut, bread and Brötchen involve neither of them
>>
>>9695331
Geh heim und nimm deinen Merkelwähler "Kartoffel"-Salat mit wennst schon dabei bist, Ben-Torben.
>>
>>9696143
This cake is actually insanely popular across Eastern Europe and Balkans, to the point where in my country people can't imagine festivities without both the version with poppy seeds and one with walnuts.
>>
>>9691743
its sour because the beef gets "pickled" in marinade.
>>
>only posting the good looking stuff
>>
>>9690242
if you wanna bait, you have to shittalk german bread and bakeries.
>>
>>
File: schl.jpg (63 KB, 1000x663)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
a delicous schlachtplatte
>>
>>
>>9696904
oh god i can smell it trough the computer
>>
These come broiled as well
>>
File: IMG_4158-976x732.jpg (119 KB, 976x732)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
try eating more than 3 of these suckers without getting sick
>>
File: 2099.jpg (963 KB, 3264x1836)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
hmm pannas
>>
>>9691697

What is that fried thing on the side there fampai?
>>
>>9696970
Looks like cordon bleu. Which is probably not German.
>>
>>9695780
You are such a faggot.

>without bacon it's trash!
His opinion
>I know better than any german due to my secret dusseldorfer Master cook skills!
His experiences
>Be open to diversity, goy, there is no specific tradition!
True, there's not a specific tradition for the entire country, just regional variations
>I never claimed you HAD to put bacon in it!
Also true, his first post was opinion, and if you can't handle the bants, why are you here?
>But people like putting bacon in it!
Again, true.

How fucking autist are you?
>>
>>9691697
Reminds me of scalloped potatoes.
Which means I'd eat them until my stomach ruptured.
>>
>>9695001
Sausage on the left looks like a dick, uncut fags will understand.
>>
>>9696945
Only works with 8 wheat bears alongside
>>
>>9695648
This is the best shit ever
>>
>>9695634
Thats true, germans love their gulasch

And everbody knows its from hungary
>>
>>9697004
>soyboy defending nu-potato salad
>>
File: 1505785355374.jpg (32 KB, 416x416)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9695824
I hate the Jews as much as anybody mate, but would you reject things like the theory of evolution just because it contradicts what your forefathers wished were true? The Germans have always been a traditional people, but a scientific one as well. That means experimentation and yes: discarding what does not work.

>>9695836
>>9695838
>>9695899
I must have misunderstood, my apologies. I was detecting arguments that potato salat should remain that way for its own sake, disliking the modified version for dislike of bacon is fine. That being said bacon is always a simple way to add savory and salty notes to a dish, sounds like an alright addition to a creamy kartoffelsalat.
>>
>>9695574
Okay but why is german food not talked about at all

>hurr durr sausages all over the place

Fucking anthony bourdain came here for the christ of refugees not for the food

He did enjoy his pork shank though
>>
File: file.png (1.41 MB, 960x720)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
swabia reporting in.
Vinegar is added to these lentils for a unique taste.
bonus points for adding Schmelze (breadcrumbs roasted in butter) to the Spätzle
>>
File: file.png (556 KB, 600x459)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
Rostbraten. Usually eaten with roast potatoes or, again, Spätzle.
>>
File: file.png (1.44 MB, 960x720)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Ochsenmaulsalat
thinly sliced... well. Ochsenmaul. Mouth of cattle, cheeks, tongue etc, all thinly sliced (think carpaccio) and dressed up.
>>
File: file.png (563 KB, 747x497)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
Tellersülze. Another cold dish.
Feet are used in this to provide gelatin; after cooking it is left alone for hours or refrigerated until it congeals.
>>
>>9697816
>after cooking it is left alone for hours
>left alone for hours
That detail is sad and hilarious. Are there any circumstances under which a similar dish must be accompanied or messed with at certain intervals?
>>
>>9691788
>implying cats and dogs wouldn't kill to get a piece of raw lung

The premium dog food I buy from time to time as a treat smells like shit, literally, and he loves it.
>>
>>9697837
i suggest you never leave Saure Kutteln alone with itself. DONT TRUST that stuff.
What i meant is, it can be left standing on the stove or wherever. Draws flies though, so that's restricted to the cold season.
>>
>>9692364
German here, I buy it from time to time but mostly for the high protein/low fat content. It doesn't taste that great imo. It's sold in nearly every supermarket though.

>>9694643
This is really great. My girlfriend's grand parents make this for the big family gatherings with sausage from the local butcher.

>>9694865
Grünkohl mit Pinkel, kale with beef sausage, is something I will make a few times this winter.

>>9695241
Correct.

>>9696483
So heavy and fat but sooo good.
>>
>>9697816

>aspic

French do this very well.
>>
File: file.png (1.08 MB, 960x720)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
and because i don't want to get into the more gruesome offal stuff nobody wants to eat, anyway, i'll finish with Ofenschlupfer. Milk, bread, apples, sometimes raisins, cinnamon, almonds. Usually served with custard
>>
>>9697925
sounds like "arme ritter"
>>
>>9698030
The Arme Ritter i know is just bread baked or fried after soaking it in milk, egg and sugar.
>>
>>9697665
>soyboy

The most retarded thing yet. DIAF
>>
>>9697676
>the "back later and defending previous posts in disguise" route

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.