[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20171206_131919.jpg (1.26 MB, 3264x2448)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Ok so I was here a few nights ago asking for tips to make my pizza dough rise and someone suggested cold frement over night. This is what my dough looks like after 3 nights, I think I'm done. I have one packet left and after that I'll leave it up to the experts (future wife/gf) to make the dough
>>
Yeah dude you shouldn't let your dough rest that long, it likely peaked at one point and now the yeast is as good as dead. Dough can be tricky at first so just stick with it.
>>
>>9802937
Did you mix it and then put it in the refrigerator right away? I think you're supposed to let it sit until it starts to rise and then you put it in, otherwise it takes too long for the yeast to get started.
>>
>>9802937
yeast isn't active in the cold.
>>
>>9802937
lol, you got trolled
>>
>>9802956
This.
You have to microwave it to warm everything up.
>>
>>9802937
oh no, OP, i was in that thread and 3 mights is way too long. your yeast has eaten all the stuff in the flour capable of sustaining it.
>>
>>9803056
Well there's various websites saying you can leave in for more than one night. I put the warm water with yeast and salt but only let it sit for a minute or so before adding flour, mixed and put in fridge right after
>>
>>9802956
It's active, it's just slow, which is why you leave it overnight. OP's yeast is probably dead.

>>9803056
Looks more like it never got started.

>>9804543
>I put the warm water with yeast and salt
Killed by salt. The salt goes with the flour, not in the yeast rehydration water. And if your yeast is good you can skip rehydration and it will still work.
>>
>>9804543
>I put the warm water with yeast and salt

If anything it's sugar what you should use to proof your yeast, dumbass.
>>
>>9805230
For most dried yeast you're supposed to use plain water. The quantity, temperature, and rehydration time will be listed on the packet.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.