[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cm/ - Cute/Male

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: ronan from raven cycle.png (919 KB, 720x1152)
919 KB
919 KB PNG
Previous Thread >>3072756
Discuss and post fanart of /cm/ related literature
Try to post images when you can. Reviews and recommendations welcome.
>>
File: la-et-fence-20170817.jpg (336 KB, 2048x671)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Piratepad with recommendations:
http://piratepad.net/JEZOdJkVKm

Current News:
>Raven Cycle getting a tv adaption on the sci-fi channel and Ronan's new series.
>C. S. Pacat, author of the Captive Prince series making a new comic called Fence. (pictured)
>Some anon wants recs of gay sci-fi with a good plot.
>Some other anon wants recs of gay stuff written by men.

Carry on lads.
>>
>>3129835
>gay sci-fi with a good plot.
I'm most certainly a different anon, but highly interested.

Not too long ago I was caught in a discussion on /m/ about this. Seems pretty niche, especially if you throw giant robots in it, but it seems like it might catch on.
>>
>>3129342
I wouldn't say it was boring, but it was annoyingly melodramatic and feminine.
>>
>>3129835
Too Like the Lightning for sure.
>>
>>3129835
I didn't like it but Azimuth and the whole
Insurrection Project is pretty popular. It does have a plot, too, I just did not find the character all that compelling and said plot begins to stretch thin with each new instalment but you may like it.

As per the recs, The Warchild series.
>>
>>3130046
And I can't believe I was forgetting for amazing gay literature written by actual man, try A Love Like Blood by Victor Yates. It was the best novel I read in well over a year.
>>
File: 51yvFlnVYaL.jpg (49 KB, 313x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>3130047
>A Love Like Blood by Victor Yates
That sounds amazing and all but look at the fucking gem I found in the related books on amazon.

>Peter can’t remember. Like stars twinkling out of existence at dawn, his memories fade. Only in his dreams can he see the dark, violent events that have imprisoned him for centuries. A chance encounter with a stranger named Ian leads him down a path of no return, an escape, and a chance to be free. Peter risks everything he knows – and so much he cannot recall – to quench his thirst for love and break the chains which bind him to the creature who holds the keys to his past.

>Blood Dreams are serial paranormal MM romance short stories released in episodic format. Each installment in the series picks up after the previous. In this episode, Peter relocates to London where his explorations lead him to Ian and the city’s nightlife.
>>
>>3130068
It's a dollar.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073Z6D683?psc=1
>>
>>3129834
Raven cycle uwu i heard it gets pretty gay
>>
File: pynch_by_akimao-daqnk3r.jpg (162 KB, 748x1069)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>3130128
It does.
>>
>>3130128
It gets 100% gay.
>>
Has anyone read the All for the Game trilogy? I'm looking for something to fill the hole the Raven Cycle left in my reading list and The Foxhole court keeps being recommended by Amazon.
>>
>>3130180
The author sucks at description, by the end of book 1 I couldn't figure what the characters looked like.
>>
>>3130428
Were you looking for a spec chart or something? Everyone gets a pretty decent rundown that should be enough to give you at least a vague idea of what the characters would look like.
>>
File: IMG_2033.jpg (59 KB, 640x537)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>3130338
It's definitely worth the read, providing you're okay with subtextual homo until the final Volume. It has good boys in it as well.
>>
>>3130466
Not him, but I'm looking for some subtextual homo that becomes canon eventually.

Shit that parrots and tells everyone how gay it is asap bores me to tear.
>>
File: IMG_2029.jpg (79 KB, 607x636)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>3130467
Yeah I know what you mean, if there isn't a journey to get to the homo it just doesn't feel as earned or special.
>>
>>3130473
I think this is true for all couples to be honest, no one has characters getting together or advertising his story as the "straight get together".

zzzz
>>
>>3130475
>no one has characters getting together
straight characters getting together asap* err
>>
>>3130473
Is the guy on the right there touching Pigpen's tiddy?
>>
>>3130428
I'm gonna sound like a snob saying this but I've always thought that spending too much time describing your characters is a sign of weak writing. If you spend half a page describing your super bishounen vampire's hair you're not a good writer, you're a 13 year old.
That said, some authors are more vague about character descriptions than others, and I can see how some people would have a problem with not having something concrete, but personally I prefer to read a book that focuses on story and characterization and leave the appearances up to me to pick out.
>>
>>3130465
Same person as >>3130562
I don't mean to refute my own argument but, well, what color is Adam's hair? Do we honestly have any idea? Shit we don't even know if Blue is brown or not.

The only really concrete description I remember is Ronan's lack of hair and Matthew being blond. Noah might have also been confirmed blond?

Again I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving precise descriptions up to the reader but anon is totes right about there being fuckall description of specific physical attributes.
>>
>>3130565
Adam's hair was dirt brown and Blue had spiky black hair. Both were stated in the first book. I don't think Noah's hair color was ever specified but he was described as being washed out and smudgy.
>>
>>3130565
>Shit we don't even know if Blue is brown or not

You mean skin color? You mean you didn't know if Blue was a black person? If that's the case, I thought she was half Asian for some reason. She's never given a skin tone. But her whole family is white, and her dad's a tree, so I don't know what I thought that, And no, I'm not a tumblrian who wants a diverse case of colored characters. In fact I get pretty fucking mad when those idiots are starting #dontwhitewashmyravens to make Ronan, the whitest Catholic Irish gay guy in all of Pennsylvania, into a half black half Mexican sis transgender.................fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you if you're on of those people. In fact, those fans are making Maggie (the author) a little uncomfortable because she just wants Ronan to be a pretty, tall, lean, white boy with a shaved head on the TV show. She says very little when she gets asked "are you going to make the cast all white?" Well, if it was up to her, yes, that's how she wrote the story and thats what she wants to see from HER story. But she dodges the question and says it's not up to her. Otherwise she'll get fucking slaughtered by the fans and be called a bigot and raciest otherwise.

>tl;dr this is why we can't have nice things.

Oh and if you want to read a fantastic book about the real life condition of what it's like to fall in love with a man that's older than you (MC is a 17 year old little cutie who pines for a 25 year old hottie writer stud) and have a box of tissues ready for lots of sad drama and heartbreak, I highly recommend Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman. It's getting made into a movie in November IIRC.
>>
>>3130584
>But her whole family is white
Pretty sure Orla was described as being brown but that could be from her own father's side.

>I highly recommend Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
Isn't that the one where the guy fucks a peach.
>>
>>3130576
>Both were stated in the first book.
I'm gonna have to see proof because I don't remember anything like that. I remember Blue had a certain haircut at one point. >>3130584

>fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you if you're on of those people
Woah there buckaroo, I'm just using that as an example, I'm >>3127744 calm down.
>>
>>3130587
The hardcover has Blue's hair on page 30 and Adam's on page 366. Don't know if it will differ in paperback.
>>
>>3130586
I thought Orla was just super tan cause that's pretty much all she does all day, just lays around by the pool or roof or boat decks and sun baths.

I also thought Orla was dating someone named Jimmy, who was a man. But I read that wrong (lol for two books) and it was actually a women names Jamie? Is that right?

And yes. That is the book the boy does that and it's fantastic.

>>3130587
I'm just standing by my long fuuuuuck you to anyone in general that wants a mixed raced not all male Ronan. Not directly to you...unless you want that. Than fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

It's interesting you see Adam as a feminine boy. I thought he would be the most "man"ish, besides Ronan because he's like a white trash hard working nerd who would bulk up to try and keep his dad at bay as well as the other jerks at school who picked on him for being poor. If I ever saw anyone as girly, it would be baby-ghost-boy Noah.
>>
>>3130593
Jimmi is her mother you coot. She's an older plump lady who lives in the house.
>>
>>3130593
Jimmie was Orla's mom.
You're probably right on her just being tan. I vaguely remember a scene where she was just going about her business in a bikini top or something.
>>
>>3130593
He didn't really seem particularly feminine or masculine to me, this is just a result of my aforementioned preference for picking out my own apperance for book characters just to make things more fun for me, and as I really like feminine dudes and Adam is my favorite character, it just morphed into that in my head. I hope he at least has longish hair.
>>
I see this is now The Raven Cycle General.
>>
>>3130597
We discuss whatever everyone read most recently. Back when we were all reading Captive Prince it was Captive Prince General.
What's next nerds.
>>
>>3130597
What book(s) would you rather be talking about?
>>
>>3130598

You all read Six of Crows? Or A Darker Shade of Magic? Mmmmm lots of subtle gay characters in those who are part of the main cast.

Please someone tell me they read the third ADSOM and shipped Holland with the Someday King? I can't be the only one. I had the honor of going to the author's Q&A ones, and I asked her if she shipped them and she was amazed someone finally picked up on her subtext between the two. Everyone else in the crowd looked confused and then delighted to hear that it was indeed intended to be more than just a Knight protecting his King type of relationship.
>>
File: ColdFireTrilogy.jpg (590 KB, 2001x976)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>3130601
A Darker Shade of Magic is actually next on my list! The problem is that I'm stuck on the last book of Coldfire and I feel obligated to finish it and then I accidentally downloaded the first Dune book and if I open that can of worms it's all over.
Is there any subtext in Dune?
>>
>>3130601
>Six of Crows
I keep waffling on whether or not to pick this up. I'm not usually into heist stories.
>>
>>3130603
>Is there any subtext in Dune?
No. However, the MC is one of the biggest Gary Stus in fiction, so get ready for the book praising his incredible abilities on every single page.
>>
>>3130612
As long as I can imagine him as attractive and tell no one that I'm doing so.
>>
>>3130593
>I'm just standing by my long fuuuuuck you to anyone in general that wants a mixed raced not all male Ronan. Not directly to you...unless you want that. Than fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.
Stop posting like a retard.
>>
>>3130599
One whose fanbase is marginally less obnoxious.
>>
>>3130603
There is actual canon gay is Dune...but of the 'perverted pedophile' kind and handled horribly.

>>3130612
I thought the constant Duncan Idaho praise was even worse. What his being cloned every single book and every single time being hailed as perfect and beautiful.

Come to think of it, if there is subtext it's between the author and Duncan.
>>
>>3130666
>>3130603
Herbet was homophobic IIRC, he had a gay son and had he could never accept him.
>>
>>3130668
I wonder if that was the same son who co-wrote the awful prequels?

I seem to recall Herbert sort of backpedalling on his homophobia but it was too little, too late.
>>
>>3130669
No, it's a different one. The gay sone died in 1993 of AIDS. The straight son did spill the beans about daddy's homophobia, though.
>>
>>3130664
>Stop having fun guys!
>>
>>3130666
>There is actual canon gay is Dune...but of the 'perverted pedophile' kind and handled horribly.
What a pity.
>>
File: 1379970455611.png (101 KB, 427x437)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>3129835
>gay stuff written by men.
Clive Barker. He doesn't have a ton of "gay material" in the traditional sense, but he does deal quite a lot with sexuality in his works. IIRC Weaveworld had some gay shit and I think Imajica has some too, but I've yet to read that. "In the Hills, the Cities" is the only one of his short stories that I know has gay MCs and the MC of "Human Remains" is a bisexual prostitute.

For varying flavors of homoeroticism there's:
>"The Age of Desire"
>"In the Flesh"
>"Dread"
>"The Skins of the Fathers"

He's a pretty solid writer even if you're not looking for gay stuff, but you probably won't like him if you can't stomach spoopy stuff and body horror. (Especially body horror, he really loves that.) Short stories are where he excels; I wouldn't really rec going into his novels unless you've already finished both volumes of Books of Blood and are still hankering for more. I never liked any of his novels enough to keep them.

There's one caveat with getting into BoB: the printing. There's a lovely omnibus of Vol 1-3 by Berkley and then a shit one for 4-6 by Sphere.

>Cheap quality paper
>Several glaring typographical errors (they seem incapable of printing cedillas)
>Jacket that looks like it was done by a 1st-year graphic design student, complete with ugly fonts and graphics far too upscaled (you can literally see the individual pixels in the author and title font)

I normally don't care too much about print quality, but it's just offensively bad. I wish they would've outsourced it to Berkley like they did for 1-3.

>>3130789
Bad portrayals of gays is part and parcel for science-fiction. See: Orson Scott Card and Songmaster. He's one of those people that thinks most gays are gay because they were abused or molested as children.
http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2004-02-15-1.html
>>
>>3129835
>Raven Cycle getting a tv adaption on the sci-fi channel

No, no my friend. It's the CW. That's why the fandom is all up and arms about #whitewashing #dontkilloffthegays
>>
>>3130980
Some addendums/corrections:
>The MC of Human Remains is gay, not bisexual.
>Mister B Gone's lead is a demon who has a relationship with another demon that is described as "like an old married couple"

There may be more in his works that would be relevant to the thread's interests, but if there is, they're in books that I haven't read.
>>
>>3130980
I'd approach Clive Barker with caution. I greatly enjoy his horror but for the purposes of this thread, it is worth mentioning that not only is the gay very marginal as it often gets very weird.

Case in point, Imagica. I read it, the two volumes, and from what I recall it includes an hemaphrodite. There is at least one long sex scene in which this character that is mostly male sort of grows a tube-like vagina...so yeah, if that's not your thing, I'd say steer away.
>>
>>3131008
>It's the CW
What?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/raven-cycle-sand-adaptations-works-at-syfy-universal-cable-1022052
>>
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street was a book recommended to me when I made a poll on Tumblr asking for some good queer recs. That one had like 50 votes and glowing reviews. So I checked it out.

I want to recommended it, becasue it's good, but not great? But I want other people to read it. It's short and it has a pretty good Japanese cast living in 1800s London, even thought the MC is a white guy. (Not that I care, but some people might be board with the whole English white male hero main role set up). Which historically was a fantastic and very interesting period. The people who recommended to me fucking LOVED it. It's not that big of book really, not really that much of a fandom. But I'm glad I read it. The queer aspect of it is a little strange, only because had I not known it was coming, it would have happened so awkwardly and quickly that I may have been like "huh? wtf was that?". I won't spoil it, but if you do decided to check it, don't worry if you have this feeling like your picking up the subtext in the wrong areas, because you aren't? It's hard to explain...that alone should make you want to read it.

The author had a pretty cool idea, and I think in my head I made the whole story a lot more dark than it really was. I also aged up the gay Japanese man by like 20 years, because I personally like a big age difference in my gays. But anyway, it's a book about a white young man who runs into a Japanese watch maker in kinda like a steampunk London era and the story unfolds from there. It's slow paced, there's a lady scientist (who don't need no man!....even though it's the fucking 1800s England), and the best character, a small mechanical octopus. The story involves a little bit of time traveling so that makes things interesting too. I just read on the author's twitter recently that she got green lit for a second book! Hopefully she'll make the OTP a lot more clear this time around. Great characters. They just need a better story to live in.
>>
>>3131022
Hooooooooooooooooooooooly fuck. Wait, do you think that's a good thing or bad thing? I can't remember the last time syfy made a good show besides Face Off. But syfy has to be better than CW? Maybe not, cause now it won't be as big as an audience.
>>
>>3131008
>#whitewashing
They're all white, though.
>>
>>3131024
Three things.
1) If you want anyone to take your posts seriously, stop talking like you jumped straight off the boat from tumblr. 2) What the fuck is CW? 3) Literally just in the last thread a syfy show with canon gay was given as a reference to see what we'd be in for, and it's fine. None of the gay was even cut
>>
>>3131028
>What the fuck is CW?
CW is a tv network that puts out a lot of teen shows like Riverdale, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries. They're owned by Warner Bros.
>>
>>3131029
Ah. Personally I'd trust syfy over whatever happened to Supernatural. Don't get me wrong, Supernatural was good for a bit, but I'm still appalled by the flagrant lack of budget they got despite being incredibly popular. Syfy's a little more free with their money at least.
>>
>>3131027

I KNOW. That's why I'm so fucking mad at the stupid underage fandom cause they want Blue to be black, Gansey to be half black, and Ronan to be a black Mexican with Irish decent. They want all the women of the phyc house to be transgender and overweight.

Maggie literally made everyone white and picked the most white bread city in America, in one of the most white populated states, rich-old-money Pennsylvania.

The ONLY character I'm ok with not being white is Kovinsky. For some reason, even with a Russian last name, I envisioned him being Asian for some reason.
>>
File: 1374760196349.png (17 KB, 167x158)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>3131031
>Ronan to be a black Mexican with Irish decent
Holy shit is that real?
>>
>>3131030

What about The Magicians. The show stinks and even thought it's not popular is now getting it's third season.
>>
>>3131033
Yeah that's the example I was talking about. I'm watching it right now and yeah, it does stink, but I'm pretty sure at this point that it's the source material that's the problem. The budget and special effects it gets are pretty decent, and that's what Syfy is really supplying in this relationship. I don't think the channel is the iffy part in this, really we only have to worry about the casting.
>>
>>3131030
CW would've marketed the hell out of the show, though. There definitely would've been cool merchandise too.
>>
>>3131031
Speaking of asian characters can we spend a moment agreeing that Henry Cheng is awesome?
Henry/Blue/Gansey OTP.
>>
>>3131035
I never really expected this show to be popular, I just want it to be adapted decently.
>>
>>3131032
These are the same assholes who want Starfire, an orange space alien, be played by a black women and NOT have her be painted orange. #dontcoverupthetruecolor. 'Scuse me, I'm going to throw up while rolling my eyes as hard as I can.
>>
>>3131039
Ahaha, oh SJW. Always funny until they're ruining your shit. Hopefully syfy doesn't listen.
>>
>>3131032
Yup. The writer even made a post saying how gross it was to make the wise-ass dude who's always fighting into the only black one.

>>3131037
Cast full of cute boys and a super special chick to project onto? Practically prints money.
>>
>>3131042
If I could only have one of those things I'd prefer it be well adapted and not popular.
But I mean, both is fine.
>>
>>3131042

I won't lie, but there's a casting call any time soon, I want to try my hand at Persefony. I'm a tall, skinny, Russian weirdo and I just love there YA books even though I'm almost 30. I can dream, can't it.
>>
>>3131045
How much hair you got?
>>
>>3131042

I feel bad for Maggie. She just wants her pretty white boys. She's a country tomboy from PA that's not a SJW. I mean she's not even that much of a feminist really. She just wanted Blue and her family of ladies to be the side kicks to the boys who are the real main characters.
>>
>>3131039
She'll probably have a human form where she's a black woman. I think they did something like that with Martian Manhunter in Smallville.

>>3131045
Don't let dreams stay dreams, anon.
>>
>>3131046

Like a real Russian, a fuck ton and it's THICK. It's a little wavy, so it actually looks a lot like your pic, ha. Not that a good ol' wig wouldn't look just as good on TV.
>>
>>3131050
Do it anon.
>>
>>3131031
>They want all the women of the phyc house to be transgender and overweight.

Oh God, you weren't kidding.
>>
File: asf.jpg (101 KB, 739x717)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>3131052
Okay but /all/ of them?
>>
>>3131054
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>3131056
You. Tell. Me.

>Why do I have all these bad fan art saved.
>>
>>3131057
I'm surprised all their noses aren't red.
>>
>lol the only white kid is the dead one who got his face bashed in.
>>
>>3131057
>>3131059
please stop, i want to remain ignorant
>>
>>3131058
So that's why it felt so off.
>>
File: tophatkek.jpg (40 KB, 514x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3131061
I'm so baffled, why? Why?
>>
>>3131060

Remain ignorant to what? The awful young kids on tumblr who think they'll get their POC cast of white characters?
>>
>>3131060
You must suffer with us.
>>
File: 1470942226891.jpg (92 KB, 877x730)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3131063
stop
>>
Ugh to everything being posted right now. Listen, I can kinda see where people were coming from when they threw a fit over Hermione being black, and JK being all well I never DID say she wasn't NOT black, now did I. That's fair. She's a billionaire and world wide know person. She can't be like lol, there's no black people in my book, how silly. But when the author of this book was very, very, very clear that everyone is white and doesn't know how to respond to fans asking her to make them all not-white, well, ugh. That's all I can say. Then again, I'm white, so I don't really know what it's like to read something and not automatically make them white in my head unless they are bluntly described as "their skin was black as the blackest midnight in a cave during an eclipse."
>>
>>3131066
>they threw a fit over Hermione being black
That was retarded. Race/color blind casting is pretty much the standard for theater.
>>
>>3130704
You look at what Ravenfags have been posting since then and defend it.

>>3131023
>and the best character, a small mechanical octopus.
Tentatively picked up.
>>
>>3131069
But WE'RE having fun while doing it. So nah nah.
>>
>>3131069
>discussion of the upcoming tv show
>ragging on tumblrfag delusions
I'm not particularly offended, dude. Feel free to throw out another topic of discussion, though.
>>
>>3131068
>Race/color blind casting is pretty much the standard for theater.

Unless the character is meant to be white? Ignoring Hamilton, because it's 2017 and that's the cool thing to do now.
>>
>>3131072
Yup. Kristoff in the new Frozen musical is black and so was Triton in the Little Mermaid OBC. One of the most famous Eponines was played by an Asian woman and there have been Cinderellas of all sorts of races. Happens a lot in opera too.
>>
>>3131073

Are you saying that's a good thing or bad?

Btw, how come Song of Achilles hasn't been mentioned yet? Beautiful writing? Check. Super gay true Greek mythology? Check. Pretty boys falling in love and doing it? Check and double check. 10/10 would re-read and cry and get off again.
>>
>>3131074
It's on the rec list, we've talked about it a lot.
It's like a staple conversation topic for the historical fiction side of the thread.
>>
>>3131074
It's just the way it is. After a while it doesn't really phase you.
>>
>>3130980
>Bad portrayals of gays is part and parcel for science-fiction. See: Orson Scott Card and Songmaster. He's one of those people that thinks most gays are gay because they were abused or molested as children.

That's why I laugh when people bitch about how including gay is "political" nowadays.

I bet they didn't complain when they did this however, totally not authors instilling their homophonic agenda into a work.
>>
>>3131039
Can you stop posting like a retard?
>>
>>3131072
>Unless the character is meant to be white? Ignoring Hamilton, because it's 2017 and that's the cool thing to do now.
In theater? No. No one gives a shit. I'm not sure why people cared even.
>>
File: IMG_2041.png (588 KB, 955x548)
588 KB
588 KB PNG
>>3131064
>>3131061
Fucking why.
>>
>>3131103
You think on the board were people make all straight characters gay people would understand why people make some characters black.
>>
>>3131104
There's a bit of a difference between an ambiguous and hard to define part of someone's mentality and the literal undeniable color of their skin, anon.
>>
>>3131118
Missing the point, and some characters people to write fanfiction and undeniably straight, not gay cockslut that have orgies.

I'm not even saying they are right, but try to understand what causes these things.
>>
>>3130668
Herbert's son was gay?

Funny that he ruined the series.
>>
>>3131183
Different son.
>>
Anyone have ebooks for this whole raven cycle thing?

I don't usually read kids books and they are hard to find, apparently. Even #bookz doesn't have reliable sources.
>>
>>3131034
>>3131033

The magicians is microwaved garbage.

I wasted a portion of my life reading the books (also watching the show, which was enjoyable at parts...reminiscent of Mr. Potter's adventures), but they are ultimately weak Narnia copies with a bit of edge.
>>
>>3131034
Is it true that the gay kid from the Magicians ends up getting paired with a woman on the show?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (627 KB, 3000x1688)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
>>3131216
Nvm. I started digging around and it looks like he does get married to and impregnates a girl, that this is a tv only storyline, and that said girl was actually a lesbian in the book. This shit and the shows awful looking production values has me really worried about the Raven Cycle.
>>
>>3131097
Songmaster was an interesting case in particular because the MC falls in love with an older bisexual guy. The older guy is very nice and gentle with him when they fuck for the first time, but when the MC tries to come, he feels nothing but excruciating pain and has a seizure of some sort due to drugs he was given as a child to delay the onset of puberty. He's rendered impotent forever (also due to the drugs) and the older guy is castrated for "spoiling" the MC. Card had the audacity to say that it was a sympathetic portrayal of gays, while going on about that their friendship was beautiful but that their love was self-destructive.

There was probably other stuff too, but it's been about a decade since I read it. He had a second book that dealt with gay characters as well, but Songmaster put me off ever reading any of his work other than Ender's Game.
>>
>>3131245
Uh, the Ender's game author is a know homophobe.
>>
>>3131247
That's what I said in >>3130980, I was elaborating on my previous example. Follow the conversation.
>>
>>3131249
Oh I see. The dude seems like a repressed homo
>>
Anyone read the Charm of Magpies series?
>>
>>3131257
I read the first volume and a short story that happens shortly after.

It was quite fun. Not exactly quality literature but it reads well enough and can be occasionally very funny.

It won't change your life but if you're looking for a gay historical romp with a couple in which both characters actually have a personality, then it's worth picking up.

>>3130980
A great exception to this trend of homophic sci-fiction is China Mountain Zhang. Great world-building, tackles intereresting issues in a future setting in which Chinese culture has become dominate and Chinese racial purity is required for social advancement.

The protagonist and first person narrator is gay, which is already less than ideal, and is 'passing' as Chinese when in fact he is mixed, which may be even worse.
>>
>>3131190
That's weird, I read them as ebooks. Let me get you my copies.
https://mega.nz/#!hxUljTZb!NByn8d5Tb7e8IU5eonJjASU6zuRooMcSfzzgHxku09o
Epub.
>>
>>3131227
I does have a lot of gay sex in the show though.
>>
>>3131245
Wow, jesus, thank you for warning me off that trainwreck.
>>
>>3131261
>The protagonist and first person narrator is gay, which is already less than ideal, and is 'passing' as Chinese when in fact he is mixed, which may be even worse.
This seems really interesting. What's the plot like?
>>
>>3131263
*he
>>
>>3131265
I am still reading it, about a quarter of the way through it. There is not much in terms of plot, it's just the narrator telling his story and through it expanding on the civilization shift, how that impacts the labor structure, family ties and society as a whole.
Thus far the main thrust seems to be the Chinese boss who is trying set up the protagonist with his daughter, which is very worrisome for many reasons.

This is low tech sci-fi, no super computers but lots of massive factories- the protagonist works in a refinary, for example- with long work hours and a Maoist ideology that has been boiled down to a few catch words.
>>
>>3131263
They could've done that without adding that gross plot line, though. It makes me worry that they're going to pull something stupid with Ronan.
>>
>>3131262
Thanks babe ;p
>>
>>3131268
>Thus far the main thrust seems to be the Chinese boss who is trying set up the protagonist with his daughter, which is very worrisome for many reasons.
It's been quite a few years since I read it, but IIRC nothing much actually happened. There was also some kite racing, but there's no real plot to speak of and the characters were all dull and completely flat until the end, which is pretty terrible for an allegedly character-driven story.
>>
>>3130980
To be fair, OSC is a very special and unusual case among sci-fi writers. He made fighting against everything gay his mission in life and he's also a zealous Mormon, which makes him something of an exception on the sci-fi scene.
>>
>>3130046
>As per the recs, The Warchild series.
Seconding this. The author is also working on the direct sequel to Warchild right now.
>>
File: strenght of our love.png (328 KB, 1080x1270)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>3129835
Seriously, how come Asimov's robot series is not on the Heavy Subtext list yet?
>>
File: 1480449543590.jpg (105 KB, 540x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>3135087
I mentioned it a few times.
I have an entire folder of Daneel artwork.
>>
>>3135120
Noice, would you consider dumping some of that?
>>
>>3135130
All of nora or whatever that artist was called's stuff went down
https://www.sendspace.com/file/z900e1
>>
>>3135131
Shame, thanks for the archive though
>>
>>3135177
That one contains a full siterip of the stuff she drew before the site tanked, I ripped it all.
>>
>>3135087
because you didn't add it yet
>>
Glad they actually kept that sweet sweet Magnus/Alec in Shadowhunters. shame the books and movie were not great at all, though the show is slightly less shit.
>>
>>3135463
>shame the books and movie were not great at all
Probably because it's literally Harry Potter fanfiction with the serial numbers filed off.
>>
>>3135493
Oh of course. Though done slightly better than Fifty shades/twilight
>>
>>3135493
>>3136018
Was it actually HP fanfic? I know the author used to write in the fandom (and had some plagiarism issues) but I thought Shadowhunters was at least an original work, as opposed to Fifty Shades.
>>
>>3136022
It was. The Mortal Instruments was essentially her old Ron/Ginny fic.
>>
>>3136031
She also reuses a lot of things from her Draco trilogy.
>>
>>3136031
>Ron/Ginny fic

Oh god, I don't want to know.
>>
>>3136033
I believe it was only a few details and the title that she'd used from that fic. Most of the stuff she reused was from the Draco trilogy. Shit was so out of character it was practically original fiction anyways.
>>
>>3131257
I read the first book. I didn't like it very much because the romance happened too quickly and it felt too unpolished.

My standard for polished fiction is good/decent fanfiction. If it reads worse than that, it's too unpolished for my tastes. I have this issue with a lot of books that look promising and get good reviews.
>>
Has anyone read The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue yet? I just started reading it and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>3136237
I downloaded but have yet to read it.
>>
>>3131039
why can't she be a black woman painted orange?

isn't that basically what most of the Steven Universe gems are?
>>
>>3136302
I think what upsets them is that it feels like a racial version of discount lesbians to them. Like, here's your black actress but she's going to be orange/blue/green/whatever so it's not really representation at all.
>>
>>3136304
I think there's two different things here.

1) Representation, for which they want black roles, which is in its essence a fairly selfish desire (as they want people of other ethnicities to do this).
2) Reducing discrimination, which involves regular non-black roles being filled by black people

People often argue that if 1 then 2, but it falls apart in edge cases like paiting a black woman orange. Giving the girl the part is a sign of reduced discrimination, but it's not enough is it?

The same way having known gay men cast in straight roles is a sign of society's prejudice against gays lessenig, but we still prefer seeing them in gay roles.
>>
>>3136435
I haven't really seen that preference for gay actors in gay roles, desu.
Honestly, I kinda have the feeling that all the upset will be for nothing in the end anyway. The character will probably only go orange during fight scenes and the actress will have her normal skin color to pass as human or something the rest of the time. Anything to save a buck, you know?

Anyways, back on topic: Has anyone read Amberlough? It has a lot of positive reviews on Amazon but I keep seeing 'heartbreaking' tossed around and I'm not interested in more dead gays tropes.
>>
>>3136466
>Amberlough
I'd rate it 2/5. It's not YA-tier terrible like most LGBT themed books these days, but the characters are shallow, the politics/worlbuilding are fairly basic and the plot, dialogue, and prose are nothing spectacular. How those readers managed to find anything "heartbreaking" there is beyond me, because it doesn't really earn any of the drama it attempts.
For me, it's one of those books that left no impression whatsoever.
>>
>>3129835
Has anyone read Lacuna by A.M. Daily? Seems like there's a secondary gay relationship with the SF plot being the forefront.
>>
Release date on the Ronan book yet?
>>
>>3136466
>>3136475

I'm trying really hard to get past the first few chapters of Amberlough. I really dug the main character's stuttering gay boyfriend, but then I found out he was a drag queen/tranny singer? And I was disappointed I guess because it almost feels like pandering to the LGBT community. I bet he does something bad ass later while in heels and says something profound and pro gay or whatever. Am I wrong?

I'm like the alt 1930's set up, but now the plot is starting to feel a little too twisty turny for my liking. But it's too YAish for my tastes. Unlike Six of Crows, which is advertised as a YA but reads like a normal adult drama.

Btw, I'm just going to share this here because I some feed back would be cool? But I'm writing two novel ideas right that I've been working on for the past two years or so. I would love to just focus on one, but I like them both. Which sounds more interesting to you?

-4th century medieval catholic altar boy is kidnapped by a sellsword and after grooming him follow his orders and the King, it's revealed to him that they know he has ESP (something he didn't know himself). Boy goes through ups and downs of losing his religion, coming to terms with his power, and falling in love with a murderous man twice his age.

or

-1920's. A failing/struggling young man writer catches the eye of a billionaire coffee owner because he read of his dinky pulp books and loved it becasue it was a fresh sci-fi treasure hunting adventure. Through pure coincidence, all the chapters in the writer's book turn out to be real treasure sightings/maps/stories. Coffee guy turns out to be crazy, and after the writer falls in love with him (just thinks he's a harmless big fan), he finds out he's in the middle of a couple of board billionaires schemes that might get him killed if he doesn't do what they say.

tl;dr- Amberlough is boring right now. It better pick up.
>>
>>3140287
First one is mildly interesting.

What's Six of Crows?
>>
File: IMG_7996.png (442 KB, 640x1136)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>3140289
WHATS SIX OF CROWS?! Only one of the greats books I've ever read. The fan art for it is hooooot and the fandom is chill af. Highly, highly recommend it.

I'm on my phone, but I can't say how much I love all the characters, joe great the plot is, and how amazing it is written. It's gold. It's a duolaogy and I went to a q&a with the author not long ago and she hittened at her making more. So hyped. Forget Raven Boys. Six Of Crows needs to be picked up by HBO or something.
>>
>>3140287
I'm a sucker for any 1920s setting but the plot sorta reminds me of that Halloween episode of King of the Hill.
>>
File: 1438262014.jpg (36 KB, 499x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3140297
>Six Of Crows needs to be picked up by HBO or something.
>the fandom is chill af.
You can have one, not both. Broad popularity brings cancer into fandoms like nothing else.
>>
>>3140287
>I bet he does something bad ass later while in heels and says something profound and pro gay or whatever. Am I wrong?
Amberlough tries to hide its generic American YA-roots better than many, but yes, it's definitely there. If I were to describe it in one word, the entire book is perfunctory. There are attempts to inject flair, world building etc., but it all feels like going through the motions while fishing for the YA crowd approval.
>>
>>3140297
>https://www.amazon.com/Six-Crows-Leigh-Bardugo/dp/125007696X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1507072894&sr=1-1
>preorder
the fuck is this bullshit
is this not published in paper?
>>
>>3135493
She's at it again with the Magisterium series. It's literally Harry Potter except underground, and it kills me that Holly Black is a co-author since I actually like her stuff.

I'm only reading it because I'd heard that Aaron has a crush on the protagonist but I don't know if it's worth it. The first book isn't good.
>>
>>3140505

I think it's only in hardback. ...5th edition? That neat its getting a paperback though.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 650x1051)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Know about book with shota suffering, /cm/?
After reading Crime by Irvine Welsh, the Painted Bird or even playing 2Dark, I found that stories about saving (or failing to save) children from cruel things happening to them really strikes my empathy chord.
Bonus points for large scale horrific projects, stuff like the MK Ultra experiments on kids or large trafficking rings.
>>
>>3140520

Oh I'm all about this too. I always like reading messed up stuff like that. Be it fiction or non-fiction, something about throwing kids into the mix makes my heart ache. I don't cry much at movies any more, no matter how hard they try to pull at the heart strings. It's the books with these types of topics where I can't handle it sometimes. SADLY! Thanks for the recs, I'll check those out, but I don't think I've read anything like that. Closest I can think of is A Child Called It, but that's about the author's retelling of his crazy fucked up mother and how she messed with him for like 18 years and how his coward father didn't do anything to help him. It's a trip for sure cause it's all true.

I'll have to google the MK Ultra experiments?? What is that? No novel is coming up.
>>
>>3140523
An experimental program by the american government, on the mind.
http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/the-cia-has-finally-acknowledged-that-project-mkultra-and-project-monarch-were-real/
Keep in mind a lot of it remains shrouded in mystery so all you see about it on the net might be part-speculation. Still, it's the kind of stuff i'm looking for.
Also if you can read french, JC Grangé is a goldmine. A few of his books but not all have been translated, I think Flight of the Storks treats of child organ trafficking.
>>
>>3140523
>It's a trip for sure cause it's all true.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/28/magazine/dysfunction-for-dollars.html
tl;dr It's not.
>>
>>3140542
>A few of his books but not all have been translated, I think Flight of the Storks treats of child organ trafficking.

Oh wow that sounds good. I'll check that out for sure.

>>3140546
Why is everything in my life that I think is true A BIG FUCKING LIE. thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.jpg.
What a grade-A scum bag! Come on!
>>
File: coverstory7[1].jpg (230 KB, 1280x1935)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>3140520
>>
>>3140569
>self-help books
>not full of mawkish bullshit and written by attention whores
Pick one and only one.
>>
File: 1507065750131.png (129 KB, 398x347)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>3140574
>22yo gets a boner from 14yo emo boy on the first page, then immediately after begins to plan how to kill him
Oh dear, that's going to be a ride
>>
>>3140574
>>3140673
Okay, that was a ride, but certainly not for the reasons I thought.
I think I'm going to have to reread that.
>>
>>3140673
See this is why I want more live reviews of books in this thread. Attract me with crazy shit, anons, I want to read this now.
>>
I wonder if you get put on some sort of list if you order Marbled Swarm, Flight of the Storks and Crime together lol.
>>
>>3140688
>See this is why I want more live reviews of books in this thread

What is....what if we did a /cm/ book club? Then we can gush together at the good parts we get to. I think it might be easier to agree upon a book than you would think.

Yeah?
>>
>>3140780
This is /cm/ book club anon. Were you not here for Captive Prince?
>>
>>3140781
No! What a shame, that book is collecting dust on my shelf right now. I bought it cause of Tumblr hype, but have never bothered to open it.

So what are we reading now? I'm totally down to get into some sad shota suffering as long as it's not just gore and has some plot.
>>
>>3140789
If you don't mind the fact that it's one big jewish lie, the Painted Bird is okay
>>
Why is YA so shit? I keep trying to read it but it doesn't work for me. Tried Six of Crows and the first two books of the Raven Cycle but they were boring and somewhat annoying. The romances are always shit and the characters nothing special. What is this.
>>
>>3140807
Because it's mostly formulaic garbage for Millennial women. It's the Western equivalent of Japanese LNs, except for a different demographic.
>>
>>3140807
Because it's actually garbage.
>>
>>3140789
I'm reading fanfic like a piece of shit but I could do to pick something up.
I like watching you guys discuss things but generally I don't pick anything up outside of my genre, which is fantasy. If anyone's reading any fantasy or pseudo fantasy right now that I haven't already read I'll pick it up with them.
>>
>>3140789
Too Like the Lightning and Seven Surrenders.

It has two canon gay males (one is the MC) raising a shota in parts of the book and through most of book two. There's plenty of suffering some of it shota but the prose is also pretty hard scifi. MC-kun and the author love philosophy (and not in a pop culture way as in there's a bit with a socratic dialogue, there's a character named after Voltaire. The MC himself is based off a combination of Jacques the Fatalist and Gully Foyle so the more you read, the more you question his moral compass).

There is some very fucked up shit that happened in the past of this book so make sure you read the trigger warnings if you end up picking this up (it is conveniently located at the front of the epub).

Bridger is so cute and there are a lot of amazing and heartwarming moments in the book.

>>3140869
I'm stuck in the fanfic rut too. Mostly some super questionable Rick and Morty incest shid.

I feel that bookwise there's a lot more scifi gay than fantasy gay but it's very hard to find any. Maybe 1 in every 25 books I read will have some pandering.
>>
>>3140898
Yeah, Captive Prince was a godsend, usually I'm stuck live-reading comedic bullshit like Fireflies.
>>
>>3140904
>tfw too fussy for Captive Prince
>>
>>3140911
Sorry man.
>>
>And Jacques began to kiss him again, first on one cheek, then on the other. His master smiled and the two dogs stood with their noses in the air, apparently filled with wonder at a scene which they had never seen the like of before.
Gayyy
>>
>>3140789
Have you read A Little Life? The shota suffering is more of a backstory thing but it's there in spades.
>>
>>3140918
what're you quoting
>>
>>3140919
I have it on my bookshelf, will either tackle it next or The Heart's Invisible Furies.
>>
>>3140789
Are you alright with fanfics?
>>
>>3140936
I read nothing but fanfiction. I've been reading the same ones over and over since like...2001, not joking.
>>
>>3140898
I picked up Too Like the Lightning a while back but ended up putting it back down. The philosophy and worldbuilding was really great, but I was around 60 pages in and there was barely any plot development.

Is Mycroft the gay MC you're referring to? I got no hints of that in the part I read through.
>>
>>3140983
Saladin shows up later on and they quickly fug.
>>
>>3140983
But yeah, it's pretty unexpected.

TLTL takes half a book for the plot tweests to get going. Then it speeds up with plot tweest after plot tweest but still not as fast as YA or a fanfic, for example.
>>
>>3140978
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5235442/1/The-Boy-In-The-Manor
It's a great fanfic. Highly recommend
>>
>>3141084

Oooo a Batman shota suffering fic? Interesting. Alright, I'll check it out.

BTW, can someone please remind me if this is from a movie, or from a fic I've read so many times that I play it in my head as one- BUT!

A mentor type older man presents a gifted/cursed/special child (95% it's a boy) to a king/leader/guy in a throne and the kid gets freaked out by the king's power (or looks? Then mentor says, don't be frightened by him, he's a good king) and runs away. And then the mentor runs after him and when he tackles him he's like "What's wrong with you?" and the boys like "I don't like him! He's bad." And then the story unfolds from there where the boy becomes the kinds right-hand or something in a time skip where he's older and the mentor is still there too....

Ring a bell? Am I going crazy?
>>
Real talk /cm/. Since we're on the topic of shota suffering, what do you think about being labeled as a pedophile if you enjoy fantasy pairings of an adult and kid.

And NO, not like a six year old, or even ten year old. Like...fifteen? Pushing it to sixteen sure, but just under eighteen. My artist friend on tumblr is a pretty good artist, nobody huge. Gets like 100 notes or less on her stuff, a few times more if she thinks of a really cool pose or something.

Recently she's gotten into that Hero Academia anime, for which of you who don't know, the cast is 90% high school students and the other 10% are teachers or at least over eighteen. Her two favorite characters are a student and teacher, so naturally, being a little bit of perv that she is, she doodled some cute stuff of them together in a ship. And of course a few people liked it, reblogged it, and now she has a shit storm of SJW on her back calling her a pedo. And I am too I guess, cause I also like it when one partner in anime is the dumb kid who hooks up with the cool adult. But fuck me, cause it's fantasy. You ever see REAL pedos in life? Or real teens in life? Everyone is ugly, not cool, has acne, overweight, nobody owns a leather jacket, and the gross bald men are clingy as fuck. Or at least that's what I get from watching shows like To Catch a Predator.

I think the last book I read that dealt with a pedophile relationship was the man kidnapped a young boy and pretty much the whole book he's fighting his urge to murder him all while making him dress up like a girl. The books called Billy, and I liked it actually for it's thriller/ticking clock plot of finding the boy rather than the crazy guy and Billy chapters cause Billy was like...ten if I recall, so he was scared and crying the whole time. So it wasn't even a happy thing. Like at ALL.
>>
I'm currently reading 'Bom Crioulo', perhaps the earliest gay themed novel written in the Portuguese language and quite a milestone in Brazilian lit.

Extremely well crafted 19th century novel about a black ex-slave who joins the navy and proceeds to fall for a fellow sailor. I very much doubt it's been translated, though.

>>3141096
With all due respect, I don't think you have the faintest idea about 'REAL pedos in life' if you think a tv show is at all representative.
>>
>>3141097
>I don't think you have the faintest idea about 'REAL pedos in life'

Very true. Nor do I really care to find out. I just want my ships to be perfect and lovely in my head, and if they happen to have a huge age gap, I don't care cause it's not real.

Do you agree or disagree? Also, your book sounds cool.
>>
>>3141097
>I very much doubt it's been translated, though.
According to Goodreads, it has been
> An English translation by E.A. Lacey was published in 1982 by Gay Sunshine
>>
>>3141096
I'm... kind of SJW-y, as a forewarning, but here's my take on it: it really depends on how it's portrayed both in canon and in the work itself, as well as the relative ages between the two characters. Anything younger than 15 for me is too young to be involved with an adult, and the adult can be no older than early/mid twenties. That said, I don't feel comfortable policing other people's experiences in fandom--what makes me uncomfortable can be normal and even accepted in another culture, and it's not my place to tell people what they can and can't write. In the context of fandom, drawing cutesy cuddles between two characters, one of whom isn't of age, is fine. Porn is where I tend to draw the line, but I just block and move on instead of sending the artist/writer hate.

I get that fiction does have an effect on how we think, but at the same time after a certain point the witch hunt for ideologically pure content will mean that we can't write about problematic things, even in a nuanced, subjective manner. As a writer, I want to be able to write about the things I'm interested in exploring, regardless of their acceptability. I read a lot of more literary works/classics and if we held them up to the same standards tumblr teens want to enforce upon fandom, we would be left with about 5 books. Problematic content can be fine--it's the execution that matters more to me. As long as a teacher/student relationship was given the space within the content to contemplate what that might mean, I'm good with it.

Ultimately: "don't care, not real" is too simplistic, as is "fiction IS reality". You can't come at this kind of thing with a one-philosophy-fits-all mentality.
>>
>>3141099
I have no opinion on the subject, you are entirely free to appreciate whatever fiction you find enjoyable.

I personally do not care for ships or fluttery stuff in my literature. My threshold lowers when it comes to manga but if the medium is literary then my expectations kick up quite a few notches.

Yes, it's an amazing book. I am curious about its publishing history, it was written in 1895, at a time when I very much doubt actual canon homosexuality would make it into print without some issues.
>>
File: OldPeople.jpg (369 KB, 957x581)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>3141096

*ahem* So. A about a decade ago, the Pokemon game Black and White came out. That game gave us the Subway Masters who I was Obsessed with it. Capital O. They were lean and tall. Had hats. Had Ghost Pokemon. Wore long trench coats. Wore gloves. And were twins. They fitted my interests to a perfect T. Everything I ever liked in a characters was in them. I knew they were also older than just teenager age because they were the head "bosses" of the Subway in the Pokemon town, so I knew in my little brain, that they must be older to have just important jobs. At the time, I also looked like Hilda (White), the main girl. I've also been (still am of course) a pervert my whole life, so I had dirty thoughts about those two men having their way with the girl all the time. Was she 12 in my fantasies? No. Did I age her up in my brain? Yes. Did that change the fact when I looked on Pixiv for their ship I saw a young girl with two grown men? No. Does that make me a pedophile? No. Also not only did I get into the young girl/older men trope, I was also dipping into the incest realm since the Subway Masters were twins.

Now with that in mind, I have a RL brother and it makes me physically sick to think about him in any sort of sexual way. But when I read stuff, my brain switches to fantasy and it allows me enjoy stuff like that.

And like my pic, I personally think there's a huge difference between OLD MAN and baby sweet girl on his knee (ewwwwwww) vs teen girl and mid-twenty/EARLY thirties guy(s). Just my two cents.
>>
>>3141085
Only thing that rings a bell is A Song of Ice and Fire, the thing
>>
>>3141110
*with that one stark kid
>>
>>3141096
This is gonna put me on some sort of list but I don't think it's as big a deal as people make of it. There's nothing really wrong with it if the kids aren't getting hurt. Usually most of the post-incident trauma comes from people trying to convince the kids that they've just been violated and it's horrible and wrong, and if left alone they normally don't have any trauma.
But what do I know, I've just been molested by my uncle like everyone else.
>>
>>3141115
I mean, there are records of really well-taken care of child porn stars in russia who turned out perfectly happy and liked the attention.
Let me see if I can find the article.
https://wikileaks.org/wiki/An_insight_into_child_porn
>>
>>3141100
Great, I did not check for translations. I recommend it to anyone with an interest in queer literature.
>>
>>3141109
First off, you got good taste. Subway Masters is stop tier /cm/.

>>3141119
See no, that's REAL. Therefore breaking my initial question of if its ok to enjoy it in FANTASY and with NON-REAL characters, both in the written and art form.
>>
>>3141100
With quite a lewd cover. Thanks anon for mentioning it, I'd never heard of it before and I'm always interested in early homolit
>>
>>3141119
I suggest you take this 'pedophilia is a-okay' talk somewhere else. It's not just that you are so wrong, it is sad; it's that we are here to discuss literature and not reality.
This being the internet, odds are you can find people who agree with you; go talk things over with them if you want.

>>3141126
You're welcome. My copy, in Portuguese, has a back and backside.
>>
>>3141119
Can you not?
>>
Where do you guys get these book? I'm not sure about spendign money for it cause there is so much trash.
>>
>>3141378
Piracy.
I think we mostly use xdcc.
>>
>>3141420
>xdcc
What?
>>
>>3141421
Piracy for hipsters. Completely secure and almost untraceable.
Do you know what IRC is? Basically there's a bunch of secret IRC rooms scattered across the internet that are full of bots that have huge archives of stuff, and if you give them the right message they'll send you a file of the thing you want.
Mostly I think we use the #bookz room on the Undernet server. I do, anyway.
>>
>>3141421
>>3141424
Oddly enough ED has a pretty good page explaining it.
https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz
>>
>>3141096
You sound like a child. I don't mean that one hundred percent derisively.
That said, I enjoy my share of fictional age gap ships, in various contexts, with various dynamics, for various reasons. It's just not something I'd share in polite company.
>>
File: 51LzWVmC6LL._SY346_.jpg (29 KB, 260x346)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3140520
Samefag here, I got this recommended to me someplace else and boy does this fit the bill perfectly.
>horrible suffering, both graphically described and alluded
>lots of tearjerking moments
>strange and cult-like machinations
>despite the cover, mostly about boys
Just don't get yourself spoiled by reading a plot summary of something of the kind, but trust me when I say it's good.
I had a download link but I lost it, I'll find it later.
>>
File: 13253842.jpg (37 KB, 299x475)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Strongly recommend pic related if you want something heartwarming and passionate
>>
File: 1460674624867.jpg (52 KB, 333x499)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Anyone have any comfy or spook recommendations for autumn?
>>
File: 1364891696342.jpg (93 KB, 488x372)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>3142347
>that shit
This is why I come here.
>>
>>3142347
How have we not talked about Chuck Tingle yet?
>>
>>3142347
God bless chuck tingle, a true light in a dark world
>>
Alrighty, got my copy of Crime. I'll let you know how the first bit goes.
>>
>>3142862
Senpai you got the only book mentioned here that lacks any /cm/
>>
>>3143351
So it would seem...ok, well I switched over to the Painted Bird and I'm only on page 20, and I think my skin crawled twice already with the description of the old way of "medical care" in those small villages on the edges of the forests in 1940s. Which seems unreal, cause you think how "modern" stuff is in the 1920+. But fuuucking A! The grounding up of the rotted out teeth of the villagers to make an herb mixture, ugh, ugh, ugh. I feel bad for the the little shota already and of course it's just gonna get worse.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.