[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Well?

https://youtu.be/cj4QJd7JzRg

I want Afro to win even though I like both, but Jack will probably beat him.
>>
>>101625507
Afro has basically superhuman strength,
But Jack's sword IS straight up magic.
And thanks to Jack being ageless thanks you could debate he is always in peak physical condition while Afro will age and become weaker.
>>
>>101625561
Doesn’t Afro have plot armor because the number 1 headband?

And Afro can take seemingly lethal hits and survive like when he got impaled through the head

https://youtu.be/nRRughOH-Sw
>>
>>101625561
>But Jack's sword IS straight up magic.
Doesn't Jack's sword have that rule that it can't cut an innocent?
And does Afro qualify?
>>
Death Battle is overrated. Although yeah magic sword.
>>
>>101625702
Afro's both murdered tons of people or his involvement has led to innocent people dying, so I doubt he qualifies.
>>
>>101625702
I doubt even Afro thinks he's innocent.

He's just less worse then all the baddies in his world.
>>
>>101625507
Jack has better feats.
>>
>>101625507
I’d say that jack has this in the back, but those midair battles Afro has with the Droid and that dragon dude puts me in doubt
>>
https://youtu.be/yA4IcWKZtA4

FURY IN MY EYES
SWORD ON MY SIDE
>>
>>101625828
Didn’t Afro murder his sensei too?

He was also responsible for his friends being butchered

>>101626019
If Afro wins it’s because he is more ruthless and clever on the fly. He straight up takes seemingly lethal hits just to position himself to win
>>
>>101625507
Depends if they use everything with Jack. He's got more experience (if you count the 50 years), more versatile, and his weapon is better.

They are probably on par in terms of tanking and swordsmanship though I'd probably still give the edge to Jack

Main thing Afro's got on him is his ruthlessness and he is willing to let himself get hurt to fuck you up
>>
Afro Samurai is pretty damn badass in a semi-serious world context....

However, putting him against Samurai "Gif related" Jack isn't fair.

Dropped them like a brick in a river when they did Gaara v Toph. Love both characters, love both series (yes, even Korra with all the warts and everything,) but that was so fucking lazy on the part of everyone involved, it boggles my mind why the fuck they didn't just pick a character better suited to fight Toph than a top tier ninja from a series where they're fucking blowing up mountains and stabbing holes in moons. Yeah, Gaara isn't Final battle relavent, or even pre-death Madara tier, but he's still in like the third highest power catagory out of like, eight possible ones you can be in.

Deathbattle, for all it's stupidity, tends to fuck up speed the most. In analysis they seem to be so caught up in finding "clever" ways for their characters to win that they'll skim over the most egregious differences in base stats.
Once you accept that they do composite no outliers it really does become less rage inducing to watch. But the fact they can't even be consistent within their stupid set is frustrating.

Personally I'd be fine with their current approach were it not that they are so damned adamant in saying that they have a team of "experts" researching every single fight. They are actively attempting to market themselves as the supreme authority on versus matches. If they wanted to do that they honestly should be reaching out to the various 'actual' authorities on the mater such as Lebbit's WhoWouldWin and the SB's VS. board.
>>
File: 32423423143.png (228 KB, 637x359)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>101627653
>If they wanted to do that they honestly should be reaching out to the various 'actual' authorities on the mater such as Lebbit's WhoWouldWin and the SB's VS. board.
Just holy shit anon
>>
>>101625507
Jack can break Afro's sword
Afro can't break Jack's sword
Think about it
>>
>>101627653
DB had some pretty wrong results with some shitty reasoning but Toph VS Garra was probably the worst offender.
>>
>>101627881
Doesn’t matter

Afro would nearly kill him self just to have a chance at killing Jack so he would find a way
>>
>>101625561
After gaining the number afro is in the same boat of we go by anime logic.
>>
>>101625882
Explain. Please it's been a minute both I think afro has him beat in every physical category.
>>
>>101628677
Jack has
>Survived atmospheric re entry
>Survived being crushed by a 700 ton sumo
>Defeated a group of elite bounty hunter legends before a drop of water hit the ground
>Can jump good after training with literal boulders tied to his body as weights
>Reacted to sunlight
>Has had over 50 years of experience (a significant portion being without his magic sword)
among other things
>>
>>101628718
If I remember correctly I think has jumped as high as seen with the Jino fight. Has reacted to laser fire at point blank range. Has fallen from at least the stratosphere with no assistance. Has casually back handed a man at least 500lbs aross a room and through a wall. I think in feats it's super close. And I forget wasn't the sun feat vs the shadow ninja?
>>
Can Afro beat the Scottsman?
>>
>>101629459
What’s more impressive is his ability to take punishment
>>
>>101629489
No. A better question is "Can Ninja Ninja beat The Scotsman in an 'Insult The Other Guy Until One Of You Cries' contest?"
>>
Lel

https://youtu.be/CZIdJ0g8BKg
>>
>>101625561
Jack has super strength as well
>>
>>101627653
>If they wanted to do that they honestly should be reaching out to the various 'actual' authorities on the mater such as Lebbit's WhoWouldWin and the SB's VS. board.
>>
>>101625507
The fight is just going to end with Jack winning, deciding to cut up the fucking headband so people will stop going nuts about it, and walk off into the sunset with a WACHA
>>
>>101629459
Four Seasons
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (32 KB, 512x512)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>101625507
>Leaked scripts from the future DB Superman vs Saitama fight.

"Superman's potential may be limitless, but Saitama's power has not shown any limits at all!"
>>
>>101631184
every time its saitama vs superman i love seeing weebs and superwankers get heated about it. Its like saying who would win between superman and bugs bunny?

You cant beat gag characters. Saitama is a gag character
>>
I unironically want goku vs Superman 3
>>
>>101625702
Even without his sword Jack is still really good.

The only thing that makes his sword special is that it is the only thing that can hurt Aku.
>>
>>101631481
Isn't it just a general evil anathema and Aku just happens to be like the source of all evil?
>>
>>101631448
This. I don't care if Goku loses again, this time the figh5 will be the most AWESOME.
>>
File: 1531040740224.png (218 KB, 576x432)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>101627942
The absolute worst is that dumbass Tracer vs Scout video, it's so retarded and lazy.
>Let's explain scout has a double jump and then have him not jump or move around at all during the fight.
>>
>>101632043
Scout also hit her with the home run
>>
>>101631925
https://youtu.be/g9gEIdo0-9Y

Same as long as this plays

I think goku is Stronger now though unless they use composite Superman
>>
I was wondering when this would show up. Jack should probably win, but DB has cocked up worse before.
>>
File: Fred unamused.jpg (28 KB, 500x377)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>101632043
>>101633159

>Sephiroth VS Vergil
>Show Dante use Yamato to cut down a giant obelisk miles away and he canonically states he sucks with Yamato compared to Vergil
>No ya see Zack cut down this door this one time at 20 STR and since Sephiroth has 99 STR then he must be able to cut through mountains!
>>
>>101633159
Afro winning via self harm wouldn’t be crazy

He doesn’t fight dirty but he will let you stab him just to cut your head off
>>
>>101625507
Jack SHOULD win.

but I really think it's a toss up knowing DB fucking up nearly half their outcomes.

I'm just hoping it looks cool, which is honestly most important. Jin vs. Ryu looked amazing.
>>
Look, I love my nigga afro but you dudes are delusional if you think he's going to win. Jack literally chopped down a group of bounty hunters in seconds. And don't get me started on the blind archers episode
>>
>>101631481
Isn't it canonically unbreakable? Even to magic and cosmic shit?
>>
File: 1517274778302.gif (954 KB, 320x240)
954 KB
954 KB GIF
>>101625507
Afro Samurai literally survived getting impaled through the head. I'm going with him.
>>
>>101635704
This

He’s also been blown up
>>
>>101636035
and choked to death only to be reviled to kill an android of his father.
>>
>>101636035
Afro Samurai basically can not die. His sheer rage keeps him alive
>>
>>101633723
It's funny when their reasoning about a result makes sense, but it isn't remotely pictured in the actually deathmatch
>Balrog Vs DJ Combo
>Combo has rock paper scissor wise the better boxing style
>Balrog was never overwhelmed through sheer skill
>Combo has more strength, but Balrog has more stamina
>Most of the time Balrog overwhelmed Combo in strength, but Combo was shown as can take more beating.
>>
>>101627653
>but he's still in like the third highest power catagory out of like, eight possible ones you can be in.

People like Guy and Killer Bee would beat the crap out of Gaara.
>>
>>101636545
didn't lee fight gaara early on and do well?
>>
>>101625702
Afro fucking up his school and master for the headband would make him ping as evil to the sword.
>>
>>101636637
Yeah, but lost ultimately.
>>
>>101636666
Also nearly lost his leg in the process.
>>
>>101627653
>dropped after Toph vs Gaara
You missed some fun fights like Voltron be Megazord

>recommend space battles and plebit
Jesus Christ anon get some fucking standards. Let me guess; you thought Goku should have beaten Superman!
>>
>>101631266
Gag characters step out of the cartoon and cut the film strip.

One Meme man isn’t a gag character. He’s just a moderately powerful super stuck in a low powers world. He has no fear that Wonder Woman couldn’t do.
>>
>>101635704
Justice got him by the afro, not the head you idiot.

>>101636078
He needed Jino’s magic electricity to rez him.
>>
>>101631266
>Saitama is a gag character

no he isnt. arale is a gag character.
saitama is like goku
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-2YyuuM1Q0

I want my boy to win
>>
>>101636865
sounds like it went through his fucking skull lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRRughOH-Sw
>>
>>101637292
>>101636865
I think he got him in the scalp and his afro helped hold him there
>>
>>101627942
That and Yang vs. Tifa.
>>
>>101627942
>>101637350

The oneI hated THE MOST was Yang vs Tifa. When it came out I didn't care about either character too much, and even now I don't care too much about FF and I ditched rwby last season but I could tell it was going to be so biased. Yang's VA literally voiced her in this Death Battle and even though Rooster Teeth also made Dead Fantasy at the time they definitely prefer their own original IP RWBY, and Screwattack has been in the pocket of RT since even before they were bought by them. But even with all that bias they could still make a good fake convincing argument, right? Nope! We get "let's scale Yang off the vertical strength of support beam for a bridge even though she got smashed *through* it horizontal". What a bunch of idiots.
>>
>>101627653
You were so close to having a good post anon
>>
>people are still going for afro even after seeing the ludicrous power and speed difference between him and jack
>because he can take punishment

this is the same board who had people arguing that Godzilla would beat superman so I shouldn't be surprised
>>
>>101627653
The worst part is that the "panel of experts" is just a bunch of keyboard warriors who used to do these shitty blog posts predicting who they thought would win. They started getting really uppity about some results, and they were brought on as consultants shortly after that, the series took a huge dive in research quality.

>>101627942
Toph vs. Garra is easily the dumbest on all fronts, though there are a few others that come close. Pikachu vs. Blanka immediately comes to mind as incredibly poorly researched.
>>
>>101636843
Saitama is played for laughs, and is far stronger than anyone in his setting because it's funny. He's a gag character.
>>
reminder that VSbattleswiki is pure unadulterated autism
>>
File: 1507434381067.png (349 KB, 411x1080)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>101638181
Here's a fun exercise.
Think of a character. Find their page on VSbatleswiki. Bring back the dumbest thing you can find.
Pic related is apparently a Low Multiverse level threat with infinite speed that can resurrect herself somehow even though she can be killed with a rope canonically.
>>
>>101625561
>And thanks to Jack being ageless

That was only while he was displaced by Aku.
>>
>>101631184
>guy is called One Punch Man
>the whole joke is that he beats everyone in one punch
>"B-but can he beat-"

Yes, he can beat. THAT IS THE JOKE
>>
>>101638256
pennywise is apparently omnipresent and omnipotent

which is why a bunch of kids outsmarted and beat the ever loving shit out of him
>>
>>101636843
>>101636942
>Saitama isn't a gag character
>>
>>101638256
>look at horse show
>solar system level
>a bitchfit thread about twilight vs raven is up
>raven is "unknown"

holy fuck this place
>>
>>101638382
Pennywise is small time, maybe the villain of a whole Hellblazer arc or a couple chapters of Hellboy. IT, meanwhile, is an extrauniversal threat on par with The Original Darkness.
>>
>>101627875
>>101630233
>>101636717
>>101637911
*Literally* why shouldn't they ask for the opinions of opinions of boards who's entire existences revolve around autisticly trying to work out who'd win in the realm of fights between fictional characters?
>>
>>101625702
No, it can't hurt someone who's pure of heart while wielded by someone evil. In Jack's hands it can kill whoever.
>>
>>101638437
Because they're typically even worse.
>see: vswikia.
>>
>>101638136
Except it turned in your run of the mill battle shounen, pretty fast.
>>
>>101638437
because those boards are so blinded by autism and their own biases they come up with asinine bullshit to try and justify their nonsense

Look at the whole reaction speed vs travel speed debacle, this whole new "vs debating rule" (they take these rules very seriously) was created by asshurt Gokufags trying to find some way that Goku was faster than Superman, but they could find feats, so they tried to claim that Superman's own speed feats didn't count

A bunch of autist whining about how they weren't getting their way got a whole new set of rules implemented to specifically boost characters they liked while nerfing what they didn't like (ie: VSbattles "powerscaling doesn't count in comics" bullshit)
>>
>>101638436
Was that spider IT or Pennywise?
>>
>>101636303
It really bugged me that they used a gameplay feat to determine how much force TJ puts out, despite the fact that he hits every character the exact same height with the move they used.
>>
>>101638521
*couldn't find feats

Vs debating is a popularity contest, no matter how enormous the power gap is, if one side's supporters scream louder, they win.

Example: Vsbattleswiki, in which universe power levels are directly dependent on the amount of autism generated by the fanbase
>>
>>101638528
I'm pretty sure IT is just the Deadlights, but I'm not entirely sure, it's been a long time since reading that book.
>>
>>101638545
That's not as bad as using a fucking minigame to determine the strength of MK characters.
>>
why did the research get even worse once the hardcore mega autists got in? It seems like they at least knew about that one topic they always talk about
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (209 KB, 220x198)
209 KB
209 KB GIF
>>101638521

Speaking as an SBer myself....You are just fucking wrong in every conceivable way. VSBattleswiki is the butt of everyone else's jokes and SB is not a fucking collective. You are basically inventing a story that doesn't exist with that whole goku vs supes tangent.

But the biggest most egrigiously stupid thoing you say here is that SB and WWW are poularity contests. There are not enough ways to say 'you are wrong' in the english language to convey how nonsensically not true that statment is in the context of SB's vs section.
>>
>>101638885
>Speaking as an SBer myself
how to destroy your crediblility in 5 words
>>
>>101638370
Yes, he beats everyone in his story with one punch because he is mich stronger than any other character in his setting. It's not Saitama has the power to defeat any opponent from any other setting no matter what due the source of joke power.
It's like regular superman in a world without other people with super powers or super science.
>>
>>101638909
Nah. You a faggot though. Keep talking with your inbred in-jokes and memes if you want but do us all fucking show how SB's vs threads are a popularity contest when they very obviously are not.

From near random selection of two threads of SBers being serious and working out the information.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/roy-greenhilt-order-of-the-stick-vs-guts-berserk.430978/

Consensus by the end of it was that roy would win.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/conan-of-cimmeria-vs-slaughterhouse-nine.644641/

Stupid arguments/"feats" you'd find on VSbattlewiki getting savagely torn to pieces.
>>
>>101639118
>Meteor Swarm, which does more average damage than a megaton explosion.
Wow, what a great and unbiased discussion thread.
>>
>>101639118
>digging up months old threads to oh so valiantly defend your precious vs debating forum from the meanies on 4chan

I see you are in the blind denial phase, you'll grow out of this whole "Vs debating community" nonsense someday, I did
>>
>>101639118
>being this butthurt over someone making fun of your favorite autism playpen
>>
>>101638256
>>101638181

VSbattlewiki is cancer run by losers who deserve to be bullied until they shape up. I hate how they wank that one light novel about witches and murder mysteries because they consider limited reality control spanning over a specific date and location as being on par with The Power Cosmic.
>>
>>101638370
Could he beat Timmy Turner if he stepped on the beach?
>>
>>101638123
It got better after consultants. They stopped doing shit like Wonder Woman vs Rogue and Blanka vs Picachu.

>>101638437
>>101638521
>>101638569
This. VSbattle and other vs boards are cancer. What they SHOULD do is get two teams of fans together to argue for their side like Deadliest Warrior.

Imagine how much fun it would be to see who is on the Superman panel and who is on the Goku panel.

>>101638370
I hope Death Battle kills One Meme just to make you ass faggots cry.
>>
File: ganon costanza.png (129 KB, 250x250)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>101638256
legend of zelda characters are solar system level according to these people
>>
>>101640286
Based on fucking what?
>>
>>101640286
Explain
>>
>>101640270
>Panels
I would kill for a Marvel Dracula deathbattle with James Rolf on the Dracula panel.
>>
>>101640290
>>101640294
something about the triforce being powerful enough to create the sacred realm and the three goddesses supposedly creating an entire multiverse. Link and Ganon are both listed as solar system class because they can tank each other's attacks, which is circular logic at it's finest.
>>
>>101640337
>Entire multiverse
It's like Hyrule, Termina, and those worlds from the GBC games. Not exactly a multiverse. More like a really tiny cluster of dimensions.

>Triforce can create a pocket dimension
>So Ganon and Link are solar system level
I'm not following the logic.
>>
>>101640362
>I'm not following the logic.
neither am i desu
>>
File: tgE.gif (882 KB, 500x281)
882 KB
882 KB GIF
>>101629771
Speaking of Ninja Ninja, before actually watching the series I imagined him to be wigga gangsta wannabe.
>>
File: afro impalement.png (353 KB, 640x364)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>101637292
That looks like he got more Afro than skull, maybe just the top bit.
>>
>>101640362
>those worlds from the GBC games
There's not a piece of eveidence they are actually other dimensions, and not just neighboring countries
>>
File: 1456506-19571729.jpg (163 KB, 507x800)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>101636843
>>101631266
Superman is a much, much bigger meme character than Saitama
>>
>>101640337
So, every Bat that manages to hurt Link actually hits with the strength of a sun?
>>
>>101640731
According to VSbattles, yes.

Cuckoos are probably universe level on par with Superman.
>>
They really should just film outcomes for both endings of each battl, it would shut everyone up.
>>
>>101640817
Fuck, imagine the bushes Link can't lift without a special wristband. Those roots must be deeper than fucking Yggrasil.
>>
>>101640817
>Cuckoos are probably universe level on par with Superman.
no but they can kill Madara http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1720826
>>
>>101629910
Does he? Wasn't one plot of an episode that he didn't had enough strength to cut trough some robots and got a mechanical arm to do it?
>>
>>101638387
And you know whats funny about gag characters? That is also funny when they get defeated, Bugs isn't inmmune to be defeated so it really could go both ways
>>
>>101641004
This holy god. Daffy Duck is a gag character and he gets his ass beat all the damn time. The only toon that doesn't have a mark in the L column is Droopy.
>>
>>101632043
For me it ends in a win for the scout just for the double jump alone, even if we assume scout weapons run out of ammo since overwatch doesn't have ammo boxes.

>Double jump into place where Tracer can't possibly reach or have a clear shot.

That just makes it a stale mate.

>Throw Mad Milk at her and try to hit her with the sandman.

Scout can heal forever while tracer can only backtrack to a certain point, which depending on the stun on the sandman may be too late to recover the missing Hp, scout only has to watch for stray shots/the ocassional ultimate bomb, and don't forget that while overwatch has headshots TF2 has crits, a single pointblank crit from the stock scattergun can deal 180 damage max, enough to one shot her
>>
>>101636942
One punch man is literally a Parody of Shonen Jump Tropes. While Goku must train and train to get stronger, saitama just does normal strength training once.
>>
Death Battle is fucking gay.
Screw Attack is dead.
>>
>>101641162
True, but that doesn't mean he is stronger than any other characters no matter who, like people like to interpret.
>>
>>101625622
He didn't get impaled through the head. The dude went through his damn afro
>>
>>101632043
This video has a better Tracer vs Scout fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0sdu3uJFg
>>
>>101641350
The afro is part of the head.
>>
>>101638304
That’s just conjecture, there’s nothing suggesting Jack became mortal again after returning.
>>
>>101641004
Bugs, like Saitama, can only be beat or fail when it would be funnier for him to do so. Like with being unable to swat a mosquito.
>>
>>101627653
Why do people hate internet communities like these focused on determining the strength of fictional characters and finding out which one would win in a fight?
>>
>>101627653
I liked their Digimon vs Pokemon even if it was terrible cgi and out of character. At least it acknowledged that the top end of pokemon isn't on par with the gods and devils digimon has at the top.
>>
>>101640219
The concept of fragments being real universes appeared in higurashi as well and higurashi is 100% magic but sure feel free to just dismiss it all
>>
>>101638256
But that's after she gains awareness of being a fictional character and the ability to manipulate her own reality by rewriting its code so I don't see that is the problem here
>>
>>101642166
>Have limited reality control powers over an Agatha Christie murder mystery story
>A single location over a 24 hour period
>OMG HIGURASHI WITCHES ARE LIKE SO OP

Higurashi fags need to be bullied until the pain and shame makes them straighten up and act right.
>>
>>101642186
>manipulate own reality by rewriting its code
Your bitch basic DC magician literally does this. Like Zatanna bitch basic.
>>
>>101642142
Speaking as someone who likes VS debating a lot. I have two guesses. The first is that the people who hate it like to discuss stories more in the context of writing instead of numbers. Characterization and interactions between characters, the ebb and flow of plot, the pacing of a story, the kind of stuff that generally is not really of interest in VS debates since its not really quantifiable. Sometimes they matter, but only if a character is particularly smart or dumb. The other guess is that they're not good at VS debating, and it's a matter of sour grapes after getting destroyed once defending their favourite character. Or they could be jealous of the dedication it sometimes require to VS debate, and like to use the term "autistic" and variants as their pejorative of choice.
>>
>>101642217
Or it could be people cringe at how far fanboys go to suck off their favorite drawings and like bullying them for being so pathetic.
>>
>>101642230
Ah, case in point. "Cringe". "Pathetic". Thanks for providing the perfect example.
>>
>>101640817
If gameplay and story behave on the same rules yes
>>
>>101641187
I'm still mad at Bayo vs Dante
>>
>>101625507
It's current year+3, the black character will likely win.
>>
>>101642215
Yes and?
>>
>>101642199
>higurashi witches
Lol you don't even know what you are talking about
>>
>>101642238
That's a nice not argument you pathetic, cringey loser. VS Battle and SB are so wrong and wrapped in their own bullshit echo chamber they make Death Battle look good.

>>101642245
>Defending Link being solar system level
Kill yourself.

>>101642289
Umineko or whatever the fuck the garbage series is. Also known as "weebs wank a bunch of pocket dimension level magic, the dinner mystery theater series"
>>
>>101642258
>Dante fought a giant once therefore he can beat Madame Butterfly even though they are completely different and their only similarity is their size
>>
File: afro6.gif (650 KB, 320x144)
650 KB
650 KB GIF
I don't think Jack's magic sword would have much of an impact on the fight, given that its magic is primarily effective against evil beings. Outside of that, the main advantage it provides is that it seems to be unbreakable, which I'll concede probably gives him a slight edge.

That said, I think Afro takes it just by virtue of having fought more actual people to the death. As we saw in the last season of SJ, Jack was largely unaccustomed to spilling human blood... Which isn't to say he can't do it, but it doesn't come as easily to him as it does to someone who's done almost nothing else his entire adult life. It seems to me that Jack and Afro will probably be fairly evenly matched, but when the time comes to strike the killing blow, Jack will hesitate, and that will cost him the fight.
>>
>>101642332
I'm genuinely saddened to see that you think this way anon Umineko is beautiful story and it's a shame that you won't give it a chance because of your distaste of the fanbase
>>
>>101642332
>Kill yourself
Why should I? As long as I can get a laugh out of triggering spergs like I'll never stop
>>
>>101642360
>Umineko
>Good
It's not even a good Agatha Christie rip off.
>>
>>101642339
>Afro
>Not evil
Tell that to Jino.
>>
>>101642426
The entire mystery aspect is such a tiny piece of the story though
>>
>>101642456
Oh please, sell me on Umineko. What's appealing about it?
>>
>>101642507
I'll answer for him, it's because of waifu's, the only reason him and others like him like it is because they jerk off to the characters, nothing more, nothing less
>>
>>101626052
I will never not love how brutally badass he is.
>>
>>101642673
>people only like it because of waifus
There are you getting this completely objectively true information from?
>>
>>101642715
we have autists singing songs directly to their waifus on youtube, literally every discussion I can find about the game is about who is best girl, nothing about the story or the actual characters, just who looks prettiest on the surface
>>
>>101642673
This honestly. Umineko is the ultimate in overrated weebshit. Overrated powerlevels, overrated waifus, overrated mysteries, overrated lore, it's honestly shameful.
>>
>>101642742
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>101642744
This just sounds like something someone who was sick of constantly seeing something would say
>>
>>101642776
Umineko fans do try and spam vs battle discussions because they suffer under the delusion that a tiny degree of reality control over a specific area under specific rules makes one universe level.
>>
>>101642765
>>101642776
we get it you like the new meme game, I bet you liked Five nights at freddys too didn't you?
>>
>>101642816
>We get it you hate another popular game I bet you hated fnaf too because it's popular didn't you?
Look anon I can do it too!
>>
>>101639118
Gonna reach way back into the thread: if Roy did win that fight, it's because he runs on D&D logic, specifically the retarded edition of D&D, and has a +5 magic sword literally made of magic meteor metal while wearing a belt that makes him as strong as a giant if not stronger.
>>
>>101625702
There's a thing about morality doesn't come to play in a Death Battle. Besides, didn't Jack killed cute innocent sheep, who were turned into monsters by Aku one time?
>>
>>101627653
>Dropped them like a brick in a river when they did Gaara v Toph.
I dropped it after Yang v Tifa. Using their own numbers on Yang's durability and Tifa's strength and some simple multiplication, Tifa's Final Heaven should have left Yang a bloody smear, and yet she walked it off. Since then I've only watched ones that were recommended to me.
>>
>>101628718
>Withstood explosions
>Stabbed in the gut, stitched it by wood & bone
>Face-grinding a cliffside
>Deflected gatling gun fire
>Killed armies of robots on the regular
>Fought the Scotsman a day straight
>Fought Aku like a lot
>Overcame Aku's infection
>Defeated the 3 goddesses who protects the water crystal
>Defeated himself. Twice

So what does Afro had that Jack didn't? Afro got pussy. Twice.
>>
>>101642816
>new meme game
Umineko is over a decade old. Or almost a decade old. It depends on whether you're counting from when it started or when it ended.
>>
>>101643042
Well, yeah. Jack is Japanese, his cultural views about sex are different from Afro's. Not gonna lie, though. He could get a lot of puss if he wanted, fucker is pretty much a living legend.
>>
>>101629771
They probably both start crying by the time they reach the last insult.
>>
>>101642339
Afro is evil, there is no doubt of that.
>>
>>101642339
>Jack was largely unaccustomed to spilling human blood...

He was, then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24J76TxYKAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpahcYEjSIQ
>>
>>101641657
but it contains no vital organs, however.
>>
>>101640981
he can lift boulders several times his own mass, and 'jump good'
>>
>>101637873

There's also the fact that they painted her as virtually indestructible, yet in the very next season she got her shit kicked in multiple times and one shot by Adam.
The refused to acknowledge Tifa's in battle feats like being able to lift a fucking Weapon over her head because that's game mechanics, and also denied her any kind of healing materia because that's not what she uses in Dissidia, but they counted Yang surviving a blatantly comical Team Rocket blast off and subsequent reentry.

Tifa helped save the goddamn world and is easily the strongest woman alive in that setting.
>>
>>101644725
This. He fucked over his sword school friends and killed his master for the number 2. And in the sequel he killed that one guy trying to keep the number 2 off the radar in front of his not-son.

Afro may not be Aku level evil, but he’s not going to be immune from the sword.
>>
>>101629760
This, jack is a tank.
>>
>>101641207
his power is on the narrative level, he's always strong enough to one-shot any enemy, because that's his gag. His reason to exist.
>>
>>101642966
jack canonically killed humans
>>
>>101640453
Yes, and? It doesn't mean he can't get his ass waxed.
>>
>>101645293
>Tifa helped save the goddamn world and is easily the strongest woman alive in that setting.

That sounds so incredibly hot.
>>
>>101645293
>The refused to acknowledge Tifa's in battle feats like being able to lift a fucking Weapon over her head because that's game mechanics... but they counted Yang surviving a blatantly comical Team Rocket blast off and subsequent reentry.
And the thing is, if you count the damage multiplier from Premium Heart and Final Heaven, Tifa STILL should have hit her hard enough to win, based on the numbers they gave.
>>
>>101628656
>>101625622
Number 1 doesn't make you Invincible.
Afro Samurai 2 starts with him losing his headband just by getting run over by a motorcycle.
>>
>>101645523
Superman’s narrative reason to exist is to do the impossible, Grant Morrison said so.

Suck it down weeb.
>>
I like Afro more
https://youtu.be/2hvNZgsWKGo

Strength - Jack (by a lot)
Speed - Jack (not by much)
Technique - Jack (not by much, at least if they’re only using swords)
Durability - Draw (#1 headband makes Afro have literal plot armor basically)
Strategy - Afro (He’s willing to take more risks and has done more impressive feats against opponents his skill level)
Equipment: Jack, but not really relevant imo. He just has an unbreakable really sharp sword. A normal sword would be just as good for this fight.

Jack would probably win 7/10 times
>>
>>101645631
Same for Saitama who got his ass kicked by a cat because it was funny.
>>
>>101645785
It does give you the ability to take more punishment as seen by Justice and Afro getting nearly killed multiple times and surviving lethal wounds

It will probably be irrelevant though as they’ll have Jack show up with the #2
>>
>Afro is not evi-

https://youtu.be/C_qRhAoBZdk
>>
>>101642258
Anyone has that picture of Dante putting Bayonetta in the trash?
>>
>>101644688
>who is ashi?
>>
>>101640255
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>101625507
>I want Afro to win even though I like both, but Jack will probably beat him.
I’m expecting the same. Jack has the prime advantage of having accumulated far more feats of strength and skill by virtue of having the longer series to his name. The fact that his sword is both indestructible and specifically accels at vanquishing evil just tips the scales even further in his favor.

If Afro wins, it’ll be because of the number one headband granting him just the right amount of plot armor to secure a victory.

>>101645785
I’m rewatching that scene right now and Afro wasn’t actually WEARING the headband when Jino came crashing through his house (I think he might have left it outside at his father’s gravesite). So the rules behind them still stands.
>>
>>101646135
A love interest that never had sex with him... that we know.
>>
What is this /a/ shit doing here?
>>
>>101642258
Why? That was one they got right.

Dante is just flat out far tankier than she is
>>
>>101647292
Bait
>>
>>101645523
A shit load of protagonists win on narrative levels. Saitama is nothing special in that regard.
>>
>>101642339
The main thing that comes into play when it comes to the weapons is more about if Afro's weapon is any special

Otherwise the Tremendous Horsecut Technique will break it (no magic runes laddie!)
>>
>>101647346
Not bait. Never seen this anime before and it looks like trashy WE WUZ KANGS shit pumped out of your typical liberal propaganda machine
>>
>>101636666
I find that Gaata Lee fight to be just piss poor Lee use a techincue that could put him at Hokage level while Sasuke used chidori which out of no where has the power to pierce Gaara's sand.
>>
>>101625507
WE
>>
>>101647523
Wrong. If Lee could open every single door he would be on the same level as the Hokage.
>>
>>101647420
Even worse bait.
>>
>>101647318
You are so massively wrong that it boggles the mind....Let's talk about Bayo vs Dante. Or rather, let me go over some of the more busted things that bayonetta has done over her two games and kind of not talk about dante much at all.

Speed.

Heres how fast the Bullets in bayonetta are
https://youtu.be/epm53w9mRNQ?t=34
So beetween the 38 second mark you a slowdown scene where the bullets flash across the screen in less than a second while the rain is near frozen across the screen (Not frozen but its heavily slowd down.)
Then you consider the fast the guns can fire at
https://youtu.be/CL9CdlNwvPg?t=7
Then when you consider that these bullets causally dodged like nothing with characters moving as fast as said bullets on on a regular basis
https://youtu.be/J7mHM7oAhBI?t=129
And i do mean SUPER casually.
https://youtu.be/QRz2FUETAUE?t=149
Like, "why are you still using bullets? There pretty much worthless at this point." kind of causally.
https://youtu.be/KoWWcJJfBFg?t=26
These characters can clearly move as fast as the bullets, and seeing fast toughs bullets move, i think its safe to say Bayonetta is very much Dante's equal in speed without witchtime and practically leaves him in the dust if she's tapping witch time. Like this fun little encounter at the end.
https://youtu.be/2fNdr2VuCBY?t=997

The speed question is definitely the most even comparison though, because its easily the closest attribute these two have. (disregarding witch time)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teYSzQEwLac

>tfw
>>
>>101647861
Royal Guard fucks anything Bayo can throw at him though, as witch time is negated against Dante due to quicksilver
>>
But why Afro Samurai? Why not a katana wielder people still care about, Himura Kenshin, Jin, Ogami Itto? Myiamoto Usagi would be more relevant.
>>
Afro is a five rings swordsman and Jack isn't
>>
>>101647985
They're both foreign samurai in a futuristic dystopian setting
>>
>>
>>101648023
Also they’re both fueled by the singular goal of getting even with an all-powerful tyrant who singlehandedly ruined their lives and are willing to cut down any challenger that stands in their way. Afro admittedly being a far more extreme and self-destructive example.

And they both got pretty catchy rap themes to boot.
>>
>>101637292
Isn't this a dream sequence? Do those really count for feats?
>>
>>101647861
Royal Guard Quicksilver and Trickster basically fuck her over

On top of that Dante can tank far more direct hits than she can. One or two critical hits she is down for the count. Meanwhile Dante casually takes swords through the chest and bullets to the head (and that's without bothering to DT)
>>
>>101642339
Jack fights literal armies of giant death machines ducking daily. the guys stamina speed and strength is off the charts.

In the last season it shows Ashi, one of the 7 sisters sent to kill Jack, completely decimate an entire lizard army bare handed.

Jack fucking slaughtered her sisters and would've killed her too if not for the power of boners.
>>
>>101648144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxjlBnla7Y
>>
>>101648196
>Isn't this a dream sequence? Do those really count for feats?
IIRC In the manga and the video game, Justice is already long dead by the time Afro gets to his throne. The latter of which uses a dream sequence to justify a boss fight.

In the anime, Justice is indeed alive and was just waiting for Afro to deliver him the number two so he can ascend to godhood. But after Afro kills him and refuses to accend in his place, the world goes to shit and everybody rightfully blames him for it by the time of the Resurrection movie.
>>
File: 1468217794965.png (652 KB, 821x767)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>101636545

>Guy
the best taijutsu user in the series with access to the eighth gate which, for a while, gave him enough physical power to keep pace with Madara, who had so many power ups at the time the dude has a literal copypasta - so powerful - that the author of this series himself admitted he didn't know how to beat him.
>Killer Bee
a perfect jinchuriki bonded to Gyuki, the second strongest of the Tailed Beasts. Also trained under the Raikage is strong enough on his own right to defeat Mangekyo Taka Sasuke and strong enough to subdue the Eight Tails in the first place

What a dumb fucking comment you just made.
>>
I want Afro to win but DB is biased as fuck against anime so Samurai Faggot is going to win.
Maybe Aishi or whatever that cunt's name is will asspull Jack to victory
>>
>>101645851
Pretty sure Afro has the speed advantage. He's dodging point-blank laser fire and rockets there. Admittedly though, I don't remember much of anything about Samurai Jack from before Season 5.

>>101648469
Huh.

...Are you sure? Because damn does that look like and feel like a dream sequence. Like, Cowboy guy is even pulling bullshit powers out of nowhere.
>>
>>101648614
jack has dodged light anon
>>
>>101648614
>>101648658
Both of them have deflected point black machine gun fire and dodged lasers
>>
>>101635704
The real question is, in a Death Battle, who could beat Stone Cold Steve Austin?
>>
>>101648658
>>101648744
Did he dodge them at point-blank range while thousands of feet in the air?
>>
Jack can hide in sunlight how normal people hide in the dark.
>>
>>101648614
Justice was already a freaky mutant in the prologue who only won against Afro’s dad because he literally sprouted a third arm to chop the dude’s head off while his guard was down. So it’s safe to say those “asspull powers” of his are just further status buffs from his headband collection. At least in regards to the anime’s canon.

Like I said before, the events of Afro’s story is different depending on the medium. Like in the Manga, he actually fought against an entire army of Afro droids before getting to Justice.
>>
>>101648744
light is faster than both of these things you dingus
>>
>>101648484
I don't see how it's dumb. The premise is Guy and Killer Bee would beat the crap out of Gaara.

You proved the post right by answering in such way. Therefore, proving that it is true that those 2 could, in fact, beat the crap out of Gaara. Which mean that the post itself is true and therefore not dumb.
>>
>>101638746
I forgot about that one.
>>
>>101649672
It implies that Gaara is weak because he gets beat by somebody. He's reminding anyunaware viewer that theose characters who beat Gaara are absurd in their own right.
>>
>>101649996
>It implies that Gaara is weak because he gets beat by somebody.
I don't see how it's implied. It's just saying that Guy and Bee can beat the crap out of him, which is true.

Just because someone beat the crap out of Tyson once, doesn't mean he is weak.
>>
>>101626081
He murdered his sensei to get the headband to rightfully challenge Justice for killing his dad. Theres morality and ethics to be argued but in the end, Afro never intentionally hurt anyone unless they came in his way of avenging his dad, which boiled down to playing the honorable game of the headbands. Im not too familiar with bushido but id say he’s relatively clean morality wise under those rules.
>>
>>101644704
Crying with laughter maybe as they both bond over how much they like eachother.
>>
>>101645846
>>101647354
>Superfags getting assblasted every time a caped baldy is brought up around their precious snowflake

Does it asspain you every time Batman beats Superman in a fight?
>>
>>101627942
Captain America vs Batman where the duo conveniently forgot that Cap has had metahuman physical ability for 3 decades of comic book writing comes to mind.
Batman had just lost to Spider-man which was a correct call, only to have Bats beat a man with over a century of combined combat training (Kang lost arc) and the ability to take punches from Hulk and Thor and not be a smear on the ground.
>>
>>101650057
Manga Afro is just an utter bastard though who will use random civilians as human shields and slaughter an entire village of disables people if it means getting a shot at Justice.
>>
>>101643042
Afro struggled against cyborgs Jack would have wiped.
>>
>>101652397
Nah in the manga he destroys a small army of Afro Droids that are all formidable

>>101651990

He killed that one kids step dad after throwing a human shield into him as a distraction
>>
>>101645552
Worst thing Jack did tho...

Lulu...
>>
>>101625507
Jack wins based on feats and honestly if they use Season 5 Jack a shit load more experience. considering Afro is like at most in his 30s.
>>
>>101653160
Death Battle would probably ignore this but I think Jack would be surprised by how ruthless and willing to win Afro is. Jack commonly jobs to other “good guys” and human characters
>>
File: Spoiler Image (190 KB, 851x504)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>101638256
>>101638418
>find queen bug
>"Highly intelligent" because she successfully took down a city with an army they literally couldn't have known existed
>in a strategy that boils down to "instead of using our species' main ability, brute force will work"
>not even mentioning the feat where literally everyone in the nation save for a cult leader, a stage magician, a baby dragon, and the devil himself was silently replaced by mostly competent infiltrators
>nor the alternate timeline where she's installed as the ruler of the land, with spies successfully infiltrating a very cautious rebel group
If you just go by ACW she's a dumb lucky bitch who showed her hand at the first sign of disruption in her plan and barely researched her disguise's mannerisms at all. It's not until later seasons that she shows competence as leader of a shapeshifting species. Do they even watch the show?
>>
You guys do know this episode is going to be hand drawn right?
>>
>>101647985
Black Future Samurai vs honorary black future samurai
>>
Who would be a good opponent for Griffith in a death battle?
Exclude Femto because he'd just win because casualty
>>
>>101642186
But she's still canonically just a computer program. She isn't some higher being that transcended reality, she's a character in a video game that's aware that she's a character in a video game, on someone's computer. She can't warp reality, she can only influence the program itself. And Monika was shown to be terrible at it, at that, with no indication that Sayori is any more proficient. She's no more powerful than something like the HAL 9000, except without control over a space ship.
>>
>>101640337
That's like saying Jimmy Olsen is the most powerful being in existence because he exists in the same universe as The Source, and therefore could theoretically have access to it. Link's only used the full Triforce a handful of times, and it's not clear whether the separated Triforces of Power, Wisdom, and Courage even actually do anything for their owners when it's within them.
>>
>>101653712
The giant chicken.
>>
File: Touga_Kiryuu_3.jpg (39 KB, 550x413)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>101653712
Touga Kiryuu? First thing that came to mind.
>>
>>101650785
You imply Superman is my favourite character can't speak for other anon. He only is an good comparison to Saitama and why you make shit up with how Saitama is unbeatable in every possible situation.
>>
File: jack.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
>>101642995
Didn't Yang win purely so they could promote rwby because they had just become sister sites with Rooster Teeth?
>>
We all have our favourites and most hated. I still won't forgive DB for making Wolverine lose against Raiden off of a "what if" factoid.
>>
>>101655426
Pretty much.
>>
>>101655512
I can tell you right off the bat which ones I hate the most
>Shadow vs Mewtwo
Vastly overrating Pokemon feats? Check. Thinking Shadow is auto-weak to mind control even though the only reason he was weak to Black Doom's was because of their blood link? Check. Yet more inconsistencies with what Sonic sources they consider for the show (Seriously, either Archie Sonic counts for the franchise or it doesn't. Pick one and fucking stick to it)
>Yang vs Tifa
I'm a Yangfag through and through and even I call bullshit
>Toph vs Gaara
No explanation needed
>Master Chief vs Doomguy
I'm a Halofag but Doomguy stomps
>Amy vs Ramona
This was so one sided it was pointless. Same with Pikachu vs Blanka
>Beast vs Goliath
What was the point of this?
>Knuckles vs Donkey Kong
With the feats given it's fair, problem is that yet again when it comes to Sonic they cannot make up their minds on what to use
>>
>>101638256
>>
>>101654521
Did Zelda ever use her power of wisdom?
>>
Why did they put Shang Tsung angainst Akuma and Bison against Shao Khan?
It should have been Shao Khan vs Akuma and Shang Tsung against Bison
>>
What are some Death Battles you'd like to see?
For me it's
>Ruby vs Deku because either way the salt will flow like wine, especially if Deku loses
>>101655974
I kind of see what they were going for with Shang Tsung and Akuma but I can't QUITE put it into words. Shao Khan and M. Bison are both iconic final bosses so that makes sense at least

That being said, I think they should take a lot of the older matches (Like pre-He man vs Lion-O) that aren't meme matches and re-do them. At the very least do Shang Tsung vs Akuma a la Samus vs Boba Fett, make it look good
>>
>>101656063
AVGN vs Captain N
Cinemassacre and Screwattack are on good terms and they can have Mike Matei play Captain N.
Have it take place after an AVGN review of the series that ends with Rolfe dragged into the tv.
Most of the match is an NES sprite fest until the climax where both are forced out of the tv.
>>
>>101652952
Sweet thing...
>>
>>101656171
I think you found the one Death Battle that nobody could get butthurt over. Well, outside of it being shilling but outside of that I think it could be fun
>>
>>101655829
>Blade
>Not Wizard
One job anon
>>
>>101656063

Jason vs Casey Jones

Tekkaman Blade vs Rom the Spaceknight

Space Battleship Yamato vs USS enterprise (OS)

Sandman vs Sand (Sandy Hawkins)

Captain Marvel vs Captain Marvel

Robin free for all brawl

Red Hood vs Winter Soldier

Star Fox vs Rogue Squadron

Luffy vs Plastic Man

Kamen Rider (Ichigo) vs Spidey

Paul Atredies vs Nausicaa
>>
>>101656063
I'd spill my beans for them to do Evangelion unit-1 vs Nu-Voltron.
>>
File: 1419886644794.png (50 KB, 350x362)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
Am I the only one who absolutely hates how shitty and easy to make these videos are? They spend the first half of the video just listing character facts/powers using their awful showman voices then the middle half of the video is a blue apron ad.

Then you get to the fight and its either a really bad 3D model render or 2004 Newgrounds sprite animation. Who actually gives a shit about this?
>>
>>101657137
You're 100% right but at the same time my dumb autistic ass still loves fight animations and One Minute Melee only goes so far. It's a guilty pleasre
>>
>>101657137
To be fair, they put more effort into their show than most other internet shows.
Doesn't say much but still
>>
>>101657137
You'd think they would land a product to shill that wasn't Blue fucking Apron. How the fuck did that happen?
>>
I actually think Afro slightly edges out Jack in speed. Afro has killed people from many (50+) feet away before they’ve been able to react. He’s also dodged lasers and ballets point blank in midair as well as deflecting automatic gunfire at point blank range such that it deflected into shrapnel to Jill his enemies.

While jack has more fighting experience he has less experience killing people.

Their striking power is the same but jack has lifted more weight

Jack has better fighting skills too but only if they fight without swords. I’d say they’re even when it comes to swordplay. Afro’s unorthodox and isn’t afraid to be dirty either.
>>
>>101631184
Saitama loses because he still has to breathe in space. All Supes has to do is throw him into deep space and Saitama dies. Next?
>>
>>101657346
Or just suck the breathe out of his lungs. Or cook his brain through his eyes. Or freeze him. Lots of ways to drop Baldy, it's just that he lives in a very low power world.
>>
>>101638370
he's been in fights that have taken more than one punch
>>
>>101657396
>B-But that's the joke
>H-He always wins
So does Fonzie. Fonzie ain't beating Superman though.

Captain Baldy couldn't even beat a cat. Fonzie never lost to no cat.

Fonzie >>>>> One-Meme Man
>>
>>101647985
They’re both based on Frank Millar’s Ronin.
>>
>>101657027
>Captain Marvel vs Captain Marvel
Billy roflstomps.
>>
So what's a good VS board?
>>
>>101658585
He should. Golden Age Billy moved galaxies. But DB could do something stupid like make it only Nu 52 Billy and say that he loses because Carol sucks energy or something.

>>101658893
Honestly? 4chan. It's called every DB correct now for a long time and odds are DB watches because one of the host started wearing a Filthy Casual t-shirt shortly after being called one in the threads.
>>
who would be a good /co/ opponent for pic related?
>>
>>101625702
>Afro
>Innocent
>>
>>101625702
Afro is absolutely not innocent, he's a single minded monster on a kill quest who himself has realized what he has become and continues anyway.
>>
>>101659351
This. Jack's sword would cut him.
>>
>>101659228
Lot of ways to approach it.

>Cheeky Breeky trickster
Spider-Man, Plastic Man

>Pulp adventurer exploring secrets of the past
Hawkman, Captain America,

>Vampire
Pick a Dracula, any Dracula.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.