[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: roadside_attraction_38.jpg (126 KB, 887x498)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Do we agree that this was the single worst episode of the entire series?
>>
>>101644491
The second to last episode was worse in my opinion
>>
File: Darlene-Arachnimorph.png (1.25 MB, 1364x768)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>101644491
Dipper vs Manliness might be my least favourite
There's quite a few I didn't enjoy honestly
>>
>>101644491
It's an episode where the ending fucked it up as a whole. It was nice to see Dipper get over Wendy. But getting caught mad no sense, because he didn't do anything wrong.
>Who are these other girls.
These are some girls I met on our trip today, we are going to be exchanging emails. More importantly Mabel, wtf is up with your friend? Candy just almost slid into second base, can I get a heads up if one of your friends likes me?
>>
>>101644491
Yeah, it's definitely the worst - but not bad, because GF is fucking amazing overall.
>>101644641
This one might have been the second-worst.
>>101644534
Fuck off.
>>
>>101644875
It just doesn't make sense because they narratively go out of their way to show Dipper isn't being a jerk, while also glossing over what he's talking about with them. For all we know he really didn't do anything more than flirt. And if that's the case it seems REALLY fucked up to have a character like Mabel judge him for that since she's ESTABLISHED to flirt with basically every boy she sees. It's one of her earliest established character traits. What is Dipper doing here that Mable wasn't doing when she "rigged" a "do you like me" card.
>>
>>101644491
Alex Hirsch the liberal virtue signaling champion of g*y's rights and wimmen apparently doesn't like the thought of Dipper hooking up with an Asian because it reminded him too much of the weebs with anime avatars trolling him on twitter, so while Dipper who had no problem flirting with a girl he hated that tried to ruin his family and kill his sister's pet, is all of a sudden creeped out by a cute Asian girl sitting next to him and Alex had to dedicate a poorly timed poorly written episode to killing that ship off because like four people made fanart of it.
>>
>>101644491
Candy and Grenda were supposed to be "normal" characters, so seeing them getting attacked by some spider monster felt very out of place.
>>
File: wham-bam-thank-you-maam.jpg (817 KB, 1002x632)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
>>101644989
Candy also makes fun of Dipper for running away like a girl from the monster, but in Summerween that's all they fucking did. Which she didn't have a problem with then.

So ultimately Dipper is written like Peter Parker, that is to say he has Parker luck. He is put on a pedestal and not allowed to make any mistake or if he does will get called out on the immediately.

Mabel has Black Cat luck. Where she's allowed to do whatever she wants, and her moral compass isn't important. If you put her under a microscope you'll get so pissed you'll want to hit her in the face like SpOck.
>>
RA had no reason to exist at all except for Alex to give a huge middle finger to Candy shippers.
>>
>>101645708
>Alex "Pokemon and pop-tarts" Hirsch inadvertently (?) sets up Dipcifica by shooting down every other ship
Anon... I'm afraid I don't see the problem here.
>>
File: 1524205245467.png (892 KB, 1280x718)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
Reminder that Alex made Robin canon.
>>
I thought it was an ok episode. It had a few jokes that I liked, but it wasn't great. Just a mediocre filler episode.
>>
>>101644491
Yes, a shame because I liked both the premise and the sipider monster
>>
>>101645335
Not related, but it bums me out that smug anime girls are forever associated now with a bizarre political movement.
>>
>>101645572
>Wendy Soos
Amazing friends
>Robbie
Venom
>Gideon
Doc Oct
>Pacifica Northwest
Gwen Stacy
>Bill Cypher
Green Goblin
>>
>>101645871
There's lots of inconsequential things I like that have been ruined by trolls and politics.
I like the Fedora. It's a cool hat.
>>
>>101644491
Sure. Who cares?
>>
Maybe.
>>
File: H8ORqs8.png (24 KB, 300x250)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>101645335
t. dumb butthurt faggot with an anime avatar
>>
>>101644491
It's definitely in the running for one of the worst.
>>101644534
This too is my pick for worst. So much build up for the same tired bit that I thought the show grew out of after Sock Opera, as well as being one of the emotional highs of the series. Wasting it on "it's okay mabel, I want what you want, not what I want!" for the eleventh time was poor.
>>101644641
what makes you dislike Dipper vs Manliness?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.