[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




File: Ed,_Edd_and_Eddy.png (296 KB, 555x415)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
The Problem with Ed, Edd and Eddy
>>
>>104004649
it ended
>>
>>104004672
Fpbp
>>
>>104004649
A bar mitzvah!
>>
>>104004649
>The Problem with Rolf
>"Do you know how many time I've been called a 'Son of a Shepard" because of my accent?"
>>
>>104004856
Still haven't found out Rolf's real nationality
>>
>>104004649
Man, look how off model that is! Bunch of talentless hacks!

You know people would say that shit about EE&E if it came out today
>>
>>104004881
Yeah.
>>
>>104004873
Estonian.
>>
>>104004881
>>104004896
>character looking like an animal for a joke vs Steven shrinking in several frames for no reason
retards
>>
>>104004873
Italian l, he’s based on Antonucci’s family
>>
>>104004873
Probably from Somewhere in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>104004649
the only problem is danny antonucci's ownership rights (while good for him) prevent cartoon network from releasing a full series dvd collection
>>
>>104004965
Polish?
>>
>>104004981
No, Somewhere in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>104004932
People shit on OK KO for doing it as a joke though
>>
>>104005019
the joke is that they are off model not because they morphed into something else
I hate this gen of animator's humor
>>
>>104005073
Ren and stimpy did it all the time but everyone loves that
>>
>>104004981
That’s more Northwest

Eastern is more Ukrane and Romania
>>
>>104005073
12 Oz Mouse did it years ago so I don't get your complaint
>>
>>104004966
So does anybody know what resolution/quality the youtube and amazon videos that people have to pay to watch are? Season 3 that is, I wouldn't be surprised if season 5 and the movie were pretty high, but I'm asking about the season 3 episodes.
>>
>>104005089
Nobody brought up Ren and Stimpy except you guys. They only get attention because of all the crazy shit around it, not the show itself.
>>
>>104005096
Czech Republic? Or would it have been Czechoslovakia at the time?
>>
>>104005145
You're missing the point.
>>
File: 1458422278175.gif (259 KB, 500x385)
259 KB
259 KB GIF
>>104004873
Romanian, Eddy calls him Dracula on several occasions
>>
>>104005089
When has Ren ever turned into a badly drawn stick figure as a joke?
>>
>>104005019
the issue here is that EE&E has purposefully ugly and amorphous shapes for the characters. the lines never stop moving even when a character is standing still (that "jittery" effect). OK KO and SU have rigid designs and have static pauses in animation that makes sudden off-model takes or scenes look awkward and unnatural. The cleaner a design is, the harder for it to do off-model animation without looking horrible.
>>
File: Laughing Edboys.png (104 KB, 259x194)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>104005177
Jeezus the fuckin nicknames on this show

>sockhead
>monobrow
>stretch
>fluffy
>woodboy
>shovelchin
>the never ending forehead
>loudmouth
>lumpy
>curly Q
>>
>>104005161
There was a point?
>>
>>104005286
The point is, I already said where I think Rolf is from.
>>
>>104005297
I was just throwing out alternatives, maybe hoping to get a bit of information on some countries I know little about.
>>
File: overhype.jpg (321 KB, 401x906)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>Favorite character
>Favorite quote
>Favorite location
>Favorite episode
>>
File: v3M1FQJ.png (1.07 MB, 1136x640)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>Johnny dresses up as Capt Melon-head
>Melon John is also a slang term for a black person
>>
>>104005216
I'm glad someone with a brain uses /co/. The issue isn't that these shows go off model, it's that they're drawn in a style that doesn't lend itself to going off model.
>>
File: Kevin_not_rich.jpg (18 KB, 320x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>104005260
dorks
>>
>>104005312
It was >>104004965
That's probably the closest answer since his culture is a jumbled combination of nations, intentionally vague so that you don't find a real equivalent.
>>
>>104005338
>>
>>104005400
tfw you realize if the show was on today rolf would've been targeted by leftist groups or removed altogether for being racist
>>
>>104005338
>>Favorite character
Eddy
>>Favorite quote
>Havin' fun, Ed?
>Sure am, Eddy!
>Watch your step, big fella.
>Sure am, Eddy!
>Double D, warm up the winch.
>>Favorite location
The junkyard
>>Favorite episode
Dawn of the Eds
>>
The only problem I had with EEnE was the quality of a couple season 5 episodes, but there was still some great ones like the school bus one or the one where Eddy pretends to be a new student.
>>
>>104005338
>Edd
>"My bro was wiz at Bouzouki playin."
>treehouse
>One + One = Ed
>>
>>104005260
*curlicue
>>
>>104005367
>>104005216
>>104005019
yeah, but are the characters constantly changing height when standing beside one another?
>>
>>104004672
fpbp
>>
>I AM A ZOMBIE AND I WILL MALICE YOU WITH A SHOEHORN!
>>
i thought double d was a girl as a kid
>>
>>104006772
So what did you think about Marie's crush on "her"?
>>
>>104005177
Wouldn't that make him Transylvanian?
>>
>>104005019
Right, as a """"""""joke."""""""""
>>
>>104007380
Transylvania is a part of Romania, and Dracula wasn't even from there, he was in Wallachia, but that's beside the point because it's supposed to be ambiguous, nobody but Rolf, his family, and Edd since he had that book about where he was from, knows what country he lived in before moving to Murica, both of you are reading too much into it.
>>
>>104005338
>Rolf
>"Whoops, there it goes. Yep. My brain stopped."
>junkyard
>An Ed is Born
>>
>>104004873
Dont listen to those other guys, he's Norwegian. It was established in the episode where they got the letter from his friend there.
>>
>>104007764
Knowing someone from Norway does not make one a Norwegian, people from Norway can go to other countries, and people from other countries can visit Norway, it's not a maximum security prison!
>>
>>104007490
Yes. They've changed the artstyle outright before.
>>
File: 32525346.png (2.01 MB, 1193x1131)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>104004649
is that a certain artist drew a certain drawing
>>
>>104008070
I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm not sure I want to know either, so I'll let you and anyone else who knows what you're talking about decide whether or not an explanation is given, and now I'll just say that if it isn't something I care about, then I'll either ignore it or ask about it nonstop just to annoy anyone willing to answer those questions, so consider that and know that it's your fault for giving me
Wait, where was I?
>>
>>104007983
>Knowing someone from Norway does not make one a Norwegian, people from Norway can go to other countries, and people from other countries can visit Norway, it's not a maximum security prison!
No one believes your lies, Norway!
>>
>>104004873
It was meant to be ambiguous. A hodgepodge of many different cultures, mostly eastern european ones, but every culture is there.
>>
>>104008227
Ask it non stop because I don't have the pic that'll answer you question. Pretty sure it would liven this dead thread up a bit
>>
>>104008359
rebecca sugar made some.....fanart
>>
>>104008247
Why would I be Norway? Why would Norway care about 4chan? Was Norway born in Iowa? What's the square root of rope? Why am I asking so many questions?
>>104008359
I don't think you understand, without anything I wouldn't have a question, and I could easily liven it up by going on about why Marie is objectively the best female in the show.
>>104008394
I have no idea what that means. I understand what each word means individually, but as a sentence it tells me nothing aside from somebody made fanart, and nothing else, and I already figured that it was fanart since >>104008070 didn't make it seem like it was anything official.
>>
>>104008445
You can always search Rebecca Sugar fanart on google if you were being serious
>>
>>104008445
She drew ed edd and eddie porn you retard. She also got the show's style down uncomfortably well
>>
Is Eddy dumb?

Sometimes he seemed educated and other times he seemed downright idiotic.
>>
>>104008711
>>104008628
That doesn't answer who made whatever it is.
>>
>>104008876
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>104008911
Simple. I'm asking who drew whatever everyone's so worked up about.
>>
>>104005421
based
>>
>>104006772
>i thought double d was a girl as a kid
we all did
>>
>>104009121
I didn't.
>>
>>104005260
>>the never ending forehead
fucking kek
>>
>>104005019
The problem is how shameless it is
This generation doesn't get mad when x show literally copypaste/sameface someone else's product, meanwhile if you wanted to reference something back then, you did it within the characters' limits instead of making them the thing you're referencing.
>>
>>104005338
Rolf
>>Ow, my lungs! Ow, my liver! Ow, my lasagna!
>>Ed, lasagna isn't a major organ!
The alley
The one when Eddy gets the hypno spinner
>>
>>104008749
He's not book smart like Double D, but he's not an idiot. He just values information that can directly benefit him.
>>
Crack ships, anyone?
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Ed
>Favorite quote
"I'm a wood pecker, cept with dirt."
>Favorite location
The Park
>Favorite episode
The Day The Ed Stood Still.
>>
File: support beam.png (295 KB, 475x358)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
IS THAT THE SUPPORT BEAM TO THE HOUSE???
>>
>>104005338
>Ed
>"Welp that's it for me! A lesson in life I am sure ill get!" (Ive been able to use this one a lot IRL. I even shouted it to some friends before i got washed down a river and nearly drowned)
>Cardboard city
>The one where they play with the video camera.
>>
>>104005338
Ed
>An elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembers
Junkyard
As a kid it was Urban Ed, but looking back it might be Dawn of the Eds
>>
>>104004649
It overstayed it welcome with the school season.
Not to mention the finale was lackluster.
If you think Eddy's older brother is an abusive monster, you're a huge pussy,
>>
>>104004966
Which is a moot point at this point, seeing as major companies have switched to digital releases over physical ones.
>>
>>104010095
again, >>104005117
>>
>>104010085
edgy
>>
>>104010085
Or maybe you just have no taste.
>>
>>104007380
https://youtu.be/QGc0kQr9CeM
>>
>>104009199
>This generation
If you grew up with EE&E you're part of the generation you're complaining about
>>
>>104005019
>When old shows do it
Good!
>When new shows, comedy or not, do it
Bad! Calarts!
>>
>>104010085
>If you think Eddy's older brother is an abusive monster
Monster? Maybe a touch far. Complete fucking dick? Absolutely.
>>
File: original.gif (436 KB, 500x362)
436 KB
436 KB GIF
>>104004881
No they wouldn't. Star Vs. and Wander Over Yonder had a shit ton of moments where the characters went off-model for a face or pose, but people didn't mind because people at Disney actually know basic cartooning and don't have characters change height and proportions wildly between cuts.

Disney execs actually give half a shit about quality control and tell their board artists to be consistent with model heights and such.
>>
File: True.jpg (159 KB, 992x392)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>104004672
fpbp
>>
>>104004649
Fun fact: A board artist ages ago talked about this scene in an interview and said how the original script called for, "Eddy riding Ed like a Camel up the beach rocks" and they boarded it out, but when Korea sent it back, they turned Ed into a literal camel and Antonucci thought it was so funny that he kept it in.
>>
>>104005019
That's cause OK KO looks like shit in general.
>>
>>104005338
Ed
"Hello light... Hello light... hello light..."
The purple van in the junkyard.
The episode where they build a clubhouse. Some of the best slapstick was in that episode.
>>
>>104005097
12 oz mouse deliberately looks bad and was pitched as a show without an animation budget
>>
>>104011672
As does OK KO
>>
>>104011033
I think you mean producers. Execs aren't directly involved in the shows
>>
>>104005338
>Edd
>"dig a hole dig a hole dig a hole" this was my favorite show as a kid and I legit would say that whenever digging a hole
>the sewers
>They Call Him Mr. Ed
>>
>>104011775
Every show, including ones that are made in-house studio, still have to be screened with higher ups who aren't on board the creative team for feedback and so nothing flies by studio heads.

Whenever you hear stories of, "Disney wanted us to censor this and that", those aren't notes from the producer. Those are notes that were given to the producer to relay to the director.
>>
>>104010692
How when that show was the last of the era it grew up from? The people that made it where like 20 years older than the people making shitty flash animations now.

And no, that's not how generations works. I was in my late teens when EEnE ended. The shit today are for 8 year olds.
>>
File: images(12).jpg (6 KB, 259x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>104005338
>Edd
>"What happened to the stairs!?" "My parents took them down because I'm grounded."
>The junkyard
>Toss up between box city and that episode where Kevin loses his shit because he can't find the Eds
>>
>>104012063
>that's not how generations work
Different anon here, and you're technically right, generations don't work that way. Because "generations" don't exist, unless you literally mean how far someone is from an ancestor or descendant, like the generations between you and your great great great grandfather, which would be five generations apart from you.
>>
>>104008070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7Qx4yACis
7:53
>>
>>104005338
>Character
Ed
>Quote
"Johnny, you dropped your face... -HA- I'll get you a new one!"
>Location
Ed;s basement for permanent locations, the cardboard city for temporary ones.
>Episode
I couldn't pick one Mostly because I can't remember episode titles and their correlations half the time
>>
>>104005096
What are you on about? Poland is in what is considered eastern Europe
>>
>>104007505
Him being from Transylvania makes it more ambiguous because many Hungarians live there. There probably was never a set in stone country
>>
>>104005338
let me add on
>Favorite sound effect
>>
I can never figure out what episode comes on because of the title cards and names.
>>
>>104012335
The second sentence makes the first one completely pointless because he isn't from a real country.
>>104012312
Still missing the point.
>>
>>104012340
>Recurring sound effect
that very distant 'hellooo~' they used uncommonly
>specific sound effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVzTt1eyKUk
The howl as Ed uses the zipline
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eA-yr11XNc
>>
>>104012340
>"shubawulla!"
>>
>>104012063
Because the people making modern cartoons are your age, stupid
>>
>>104004672
fucking shit I knew something was wrong since I saw the last episode
>>
Was the Kanker sisters, I hated those rapists so much.
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Eddy
>Favorite quote
"I can't sleep, Eddy. I keep thinking: how can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?"
>Favorite location
The junkyard
>Favorite episode
Dawn of the Eds
>>
>>104012668
MY NIGGA!
>>
>>104009802
What's a support beam?
>>
>>104006772
>>104009121

What the fuck
>>
>>104005338
>Rolf
>"EDDY! Carrots are good for your eyes can they dial a phone?"
>Junkyard
>Once Upon an Ed
>>
>>104008394
Oh shit I remember that

Jesus Christ, that was fucked
>>
>>104008876
Eddy puts an extra D on double D
>>
>>104008936
Becca Sugar
>>
I still maintain that whoever did the sound design in EEnE deserves a fucking award
>>
>>104012840
Oooookay. I'd be okay with Marie doing it, but I don't think I'm interested in the actual thing that happened.
>>104012854
No idea what that means.
>>
>>104012902
>No idea what that means.
SU creator made the Eddy on Edd pronz

Sugar did it
>>
>>104004649

not enough racial diversity
>>
>>104012918
>SU
What?
>Sugar did it
Huh? Are you some type of dentist or something?
>>
>>104012918
Dumbass stop taking the bait.
>>
File: 0105_dcd_ed.jpg (67 KB, 834x569)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>104005338
>Character
Double D.
>Quote
"It's not my fault Eddy! My belly told me it was Bottomless Gravy Day at the cafeteria!" *WHAM WHAM WHAM* "Your HEAD'S bottomless!"
>Location
The junkyard.
>Episode
Dawn of the Eds. It's like vicariously having a good childhood with friends that actually wanted to go out and do shit.
>>
>>104012335
Hungarians arent vampires though. Tell me, have you ever seen a Romanian man out on a bright sunny day? Of course you havent
>>
>>104007318
Just didn't think about it all that much.
I might just be retarded tho, I had Sonic 3 growing up and I thought Knuckles was a girl until I read the manual.
>>
>>104012695
episode? you saw the movie too didn't you?
>>
>>104013737
Let me guess, either you thought he was pink instead of red, or you thought that red was a girly color? Or did you just think "yeah, that one's a girl" and be done with it until you learned the truth?
>>
>>104004873
It's never stated, he's got this mishmash of weird shit as his culture because he's supposed to spoof that one weird immigrant kid everybody seemed to know. Personally I think he's from in or around Norway. The episode where Ed triggers his PTSD with a wolf costume revolves around everybody writing to pen pals, and Rolf is able to identify Double D's based on her name, the fact that she's Norwegian, and because she sent a bunch of weird shit. Rolf says she's famous for her jokes back in the old country, which is the only name he ever uses for his homeland.
>>
File: 1541645369740.png (447 KB, 930x626)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>104005338
>>104012340
>Ed
>>"Double D, let me poke your brain!
>The Cul-de-Sac
>Once Upon an Ed or that time where Ed sleepwalks
>This sound effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zAg39AXcs
>>
File: 1515796180664.gif (586 KB, 200x270)
586 KB
586 KB GIF
>>104004649
They went back to school.
>>
>>104004873
It's the country next to Elbonia, Yakistonia, Drusselstein, Pottsylvania, Borduria, and Latveria.
>>
>>104005338
Edd
>The waste from this peel could feed an entire village for a week
Junkyard
>>
>>104004873
He's actually American, but hides it so he can stand out.
>>
>>104013781
when I was a kid, long hair = girl
that was my thought process
>>
File: 1540864231244.jpg (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>104007380
Wallachian, pleb. Dracula/Vlad Tepes is a Wallachian, but was born in Sigisoara, Transylvania - which was then part of Hungary. The Tepes family was in exile before Vlad was born.
>>
File: Ed Edd n Eddy.jpg (70 KB, 900x675)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Edd, because I do often relate to him
>Favorite quote
"And Dad will just sit there and watch TV!"
>Favorite location
The junkyard.
>Favorite episode
Tight battle between "1 + 1 = Ed" and "Dawn of the Eds"
>>
>>104014542
This nigga gets it
>>
>>104005019
OK KO is just disgustingly fugly and looks like it was animated by a bunch of coyotes
>>
>>104004672
Better to burn out than fade away
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Eddy
>Favorite quote
"You need help! You all need help!"
>Favorite location
Eddy's room
>Favorite episode
I can't choose just one, but if I really had to, I'd say Big Picture Show

>>104012340
>favorite sound effect
Rolf's howling makes me lose my shit every fucking time
>>
>>104005338
>Ed
>I can't sleep, I keep thinking, how can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?
>The Cul-de-sac At night
The one with the key.
>>
>>104011113
That explains why the animation is janky when Ed speaks.
>>
>>104012340
The deep laughing sound whenever one of the characters is happy.
>>
>>104004873
hes just supposed to be a parody of european foreigners
but i see alot of bavarian stuff like his outfit sometimes
>>
>>104004873
Mixed. Half Indian, half Swedish. Going entirely off of his accent in the show and appearance.
>>
>>104013134
I'm just playing along
Hopefully if I do someone will post the pic
>>
>>104013828
Villainous Gorillaz poster? Is that you?
>>
>>104012340
That one car horn sound effect
>>
>>104005338
>Eddy
>THAT'S MY HORSE
>Kanker's Trailer
>One plus one=Ed
>
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Rolf
>Favorite quote
“Sarah will tell Mom and Mom will tell Dad and Dad will say ‘Not now I just got home from work!’”
>Favorite location
The bush hiding spot for hide & seek
>Favorite episode
No definitive answer, but Shoo Ed is up there. And the cliché choice 1+1=Ed.
>>
>>104013853
Don't forget Vulgaria
>>104012340
>>Rolf grumbling
>>
>>104004873
Romania or Moldova seems about right
>>
>>104004873
He's every funny foreigner stereotype you can think of.
But if you were to name one nationality that would have definitely inspired him, then I'd go with >>104004961 and say his first hand experience with his parents and their immigrant friends would mean Antonnucci had Italians in his mind when writing Rolf
>>
File: saunasolmu.jpg (61 KB, 512x338)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>104004899
Nah, Estonians speak rather fluent English
>>
>>104004873
While I agree with >>104016875 and >>104004961 on Rolf being inspired by the creator's experience as an Italian immigrant, I remember reading somewhere that part of why Antonucci didn't want a clear nationality for him was to avoid being accused of stereotipying like what happened with Lupo the Butcher.
Also, that way he is more reletable to immigrants from other countries.
>>
>>104014789
Methinks it's like klasky csupo but to a much greater degree; you either love OK K.O. and think the art style is hilarious, or you hate OK K.O. and think that the art style is hideous.

It's not actually poorly drawn; a lot of the people working on it have show that they can draw well in the past, it's just a very, VERY strange style
>>
>>104017351
Rolf was fluent
>>
bump
>>
>>104004873
Albanian
>>
>>104004672
/thread
>>
>>104018390
I thought that too
>>
>>104009802
Top pick.
>ctrl+f "My parents took the stairs because I am grounded"
>0 results
I am disappoint
>>
>>104018436
There are no results because that's not the line
>>104012103
>>
File: Spoiler Image (518 KB, 680x2568)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>104015802
I don't appreciate your behaviour but I guess this is still a reward, if it is in fact the picture you are looking for. If it is, I expect a cordial thank you.
>>
>>104006772
>>104009121
I keep seeing this, but never once met anyone who thought that.
>>
>>104018897
I have no idea what this is.
>>
>>104019154
>not knowing how she marks her drawings

I didn't know she made more work than what I provided, this is all that I have and all that I have seen turn up in relation to her and EEnE fanart, at least in my travels.

The rest is on you then, anon.
>>
>>104019219
Who? I'm asking what this is, I have no idea what anyone here is talking about in the first place regarding fanart, I'm asking what's going on!
>>
>>104019286
Oh, you're that anon.

Rebecca Sugar is the creator of Steven Universe. At one point in time beforehand she made EEnE fanart (see the spoilered image, and maybe she made more lewd work too?).

This fact is notable to people around here, hence the hubub.

On a different note, your behaviour leads me to believe you're either baitposting or a newfag. If it's the latter then I highly suggest you lurk moar before posting again.
>>
>>104019522
I have no idea who that is.
>>
File: 1445214588033.gif (474 KB, 450x253)
474 KB
474 KB GIF
>>104019539
I just said who that is, and I got dubs for my post too. Google is also a thing that exists.
>>
>>104018897
>>104008711
>She also got the show's style down uncomfortably well
No she didn't. It looks more like something from SU than something a.k.a. produced.
>>
>>104019610
Yeah when I read that post I had the thought that the poster was either not too bright or didn't remember the art very clearly.

To her credit it's more accurate than a lot of other fanart I've seen, but it's nowhere near uncomfortable imo.
>>
>>104019561
I mean other than what you said, I have no idea who that is, and I don't know what the thing she made is. Also, that sounds like a fake name, so it's hard for me to take it seriously
>>
File: pebble in shoe ed.gif (157 KB, 500x375)
157 KB
157 KB GIF
>little sister's a spoiled brat who beats the tar out of him and his friends without consequence, pretty much gets away with everything
>mom's a controlling bitch who's implied to blatantly play favorites with her kids
>dad's implied to be an overworked and apathetic shell of a man who pretty much lets Sarah and the mom run the house however they please
>one of his two friends mistreats and insults him constantly
>the other kids in the neighborhood think he's a weirdo at best and a nuisance at worst
Ed had a hard life, I don't know if him being too stupid to realize this makes it even worse
>>
File: 180.png (45 KB, 180x136)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Rolf could be a stereotypical Austro-Hungarian. Some Hungarians from the West countryside have skin color close to Rolf's skin. Though Rolf's personality may suggest his family may be Christian Magyar farmers that embraced both Austrian and Hungarian culture. Even his flashback moments prove this and that's why he says " Son of a Shepherd"
>>
>>104005338
Eddy
>Good thing I'm a man of the world
Eddy’s room/Junkyard
The one where they waterboard plank or the one at the beach or the one with the bush hideout or the one with the burgers or the one with the van with the waterbed in the junkyard or the one with monster Ed or you know what I love them all.
>>
File: 1532452949372.png (113 KB, 744x262)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>104019711
I'm going to paraphrase here, so bear with me please. Some of moot's best words were as follows: the best way you can contribute to making this site better is by posting the content you want to see; by being the poster you want to interact with.

I try to keep these words to heart in my dealings here, and I would encourage you to do the same. Are you the kind of poster you want to interact with? Are you contributing meaningfully to the content on this board, on this website?

All the best, anon.
>>
>>104019791
You would likely benefit from reading Flowers for Algernon.
>>
>>104019791
All three of the Eds had a pretty fucked up life when you think about it.
>Edd only communicates with his parents through sticky notes, on top of having a severe OCD
>Eddy grew up with a big brother who used to constantly beat him up, and the report card episode implies his father isn't that soft on him either

But yeah, Ed is probably the one with the most messed up home life.
>>
>>104019711
anon, do you have autism? like legit autism and not the 4chan kind?
>>
>>104020034
I'm legitimately asking, I stopped watching cartoon network in, like, 2013, and started watching again in December of 2016, and I'm only watching for Toonami, so I'm not super up to date on all the shows nowadays.
>>104020065
Really all the kids had issues. Yeah, Ed has bad parents, Edd's parents are barely involved in his life, Eddy's got a complex from his brother, Kevin probably has something with his parents, Rolf isn't used to living in America even though he's obviously not super new, I've heard theories about Jimmy's dad being an alcoholic, Johnny is Johnny, and the Kankers have plenty of family problems too, what with the three dads, the constant arguments, and being poor even though apparently their ancestor owns the place they only just moved into in season 1.
>>104020314
Not that I know of, but I do have ADHD and Tourettes.
>>
>>104020342
Wasn't it implied somewhere that Jimmy's dad was ashamed of his son's effeminate behavior? I remember an episode where he was crying because his dad was forcing him to play hockey
>>
>>104020434
That too, I guess. Long story short, the only one who I can't think of having issues is Nazz, and that might just be because I'm forgetting something. The only one I can think of is she used to be fat, and her relationship with Kevin in the movie where he cares more about his bike than her.
>>
>>104005338
>>104012340
>Ed
>”COOKIE DOUGH!!!!”
>The Junkyard
>Take this Ed and Shove it
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zAg39AXcs
>>
>>104017373
>I remember reading somewhere that part of why Antonucci didn't want a clear nationality for him was to avoid being accused of stereotipying like what happened with Lupo the Butcher.
Isn’t Lupo based on Antonucci himself?
>>
>>104021036
Well they're both Italian, if that's what you meant. But apparently he was accused of stereotyping anyway even though he was what was being shown, so he decided to do a mix of everything in Europe for Rolf so it couldn't be accused of stereotyping one specific culture. Hence why I (not the anon you replied to by the way) said that he comes from Somewhere in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>104014305
Hmm
>>
bump?
>>
Wasn't there a deleted scene from the movie where Ed, Edd 'n Eddy discuss some personal secrets or something, like the Dodgeball Incident?
>>
>>104005338
>Edd
>That's my horse!
>Ed's house
>One + One = Ed
>>
>>104005338
>>104012340
>Ed
>"What's with the rock Double D?"
>Big Picture Show
>The cry when Eddy gets the Crybaby boohoo badge.
>>
Alright, pick one lie, misunderstanding, or other not true and canon statement or idea from in-universe to become true, how does the series change?
>>
>>104017351
It depends on where you're encountering them and which generation they belong to. Younger people in Tallinn or Tartu, pretty much, older people in Narva, eh...
>>
>>104010753
Never knew how anal people could be about cartoons until SU came along. Jank as fuck frames are a thing I get people being annoyed over, but fluid consistency is just the way things are animated.
>>
>>104004881
They have persistent relative proportions outside of joke-related disfigurements
>>
>>104022454
Ed having three nipples. Not much would change other than his model, but I like James Bond, so yeah.
>>
>>104004881
>>104011033
Ed, Edd n Eddy knows what the fuck its doing with "off-model" art because they artists can actually draw.
I don't know if I'd be very interested in Ed, Edd n Eddy had I not grown up with it, but I wouldn't be shitting on its art style.

OK KO and Steven Universe are the only modern cartoons that come to mind when I think of terrible art. Fun fact: Both OK KO and Steven Universe have had Ian JQ on their team and his motto when it comes to cartoons is "If it looks like the character, it's on model"
>>
w U t i s t H i s
>>
>>104023581
It's called Christmas, but whatever you do, don't try to bring it back home, you'll just fuck things up, either don't bother, or just ask Sandy Claws for advice instead of just imitating it, okay Jack?
>>
>>104023538
>If it looks like the character, it's on model
That quote came from kent butterworth, who is an industry veteran who worked on everything from tiny toons to the simpsons.

If you watch his cartoons it's pretty clear that he meant that you can veer off from the model sheet as long as you draw well and don't make glaring mistakes
>>
>>104020342
>Really all the kids had issues

That's what made the end of Big Picture Show so great to me. They all finally meet Eddy's fabled, cool brother only to find out he's pretty much a dick. So they team up together to defend Eddy and all go hang out because at the end of the day, all they really have each other.
>>
>>104024283
But Johnny is still a weirdo because he got there late.
>>
>>104004672
As all things should.
>>
>>104022586
>fluid consistency
Don't act like Steven Universe has anything resembling that.
>>
>>104024148
Ian JQ doesn't understand what he meant then
>>
>>104020342
JOHN G RAPED AND KILLED YOUR WIFE
write this down so you can't forget it
please anon, quickly before you forget
>>
>>104013737
Am I girl?
>>
^^I don't know who that is, and I don't even have a wife.
You don't get a (You)
>>
Anyone here see the fan film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmg3v7juQv4
>>
>>104024824
Please you're going to forget anon.
DON'T TRUST HIS LIES
>>
>>104024906
Trust this!
>>
>>104020342
Fucking newfags have to be spoonfed like fucking babies. Jesus Christ, google exists anon. Don't need to embarrass yourself by asking dumb questions
>>
>>104024971
I do believe his is deliberately trolling, at this point to keep replying "I have no idea who that is" it has to be more effort than actually googling.
Though I will say a surprising amount of people don't do the simplest of googling when shown something they're not familiar with.
>>
>>104024971
I'm not new, I'm just lazy. And don't really care enough about whatever to put effort into finding the answer.
>>104025074
Yeah, there's a 50% chance I'm doing that too, but I don't usually do that, so don't expect it for another topic, just that one, otherwise it isn't me.
>>
>>104025152
If you are too much of a dumbass to exert effort into doing that, why should anyone exert enough effort to spoonfeed newfag babies like you? This is the last (You) you're getting from me now, in the off chance (and the option I hope is the actual case, this trolling at least requires effort) that your just having us on.
Christ this site constantly breaking new grounds in being shit
>>
>>104025251
No, Newgrounds is the site with the flash games and movies, and occasionally porn
>>
>>104025152
Multiple people ITT (that stands for "in this thread" if you're so out of the loop and loathe to take five seconds to google) pretty explicitly explained who Rebecca Sugar is and what Steven Universe is, with you still responding "I dunno wae dat tis"
My responses here >>104024824 and here >>104024906 are in reference to Christopher Nolan's 2000 film Memento, wherein the main character cannot remember anything past five minutes and has to take pictures, write things down, and tattoo himself to make sure he does not forget certain things. I responded with those because if you are not trolling right now and actually cannot follow the simple responses in this thread, I genuinely encourage you to see a psychologist or someone who can get you actual professional help because you may have something severely wrong with you beyond just ADHD and Tourettes.

Happy travels, anon. I hope you are not replying in bad faith.
>>
>>104025333
ah, and one of those meant to link to >>104024781
>>
>>104025333
Oh, I never saw Memento, I just remember hearing that it's apparently the same if you watch it backwards. I don't know what else to add, but whatever. I don't travel often, but I know you probably don't mean it literally, so I won't make an actual joke, or failure of one, at that part of your post because that would just make me sound like even more of an asshole than I already sound like.
Also, I know what ITT means, and now I'm done typing this po
>>
Just report and move on guys

On topic: was Johnny 2x4 supposed to be black? Or just tan from being outside so much?
>>
>>104024148
He also worked on SatAM, known for its horrible mistakes, and whose first episode of Simpsons was so off-model that they had to redo it.
>>
File: Ed close.gif (5 KB, 91x125)
5 KB
5 KB GIF
>>104025473
>I don't travel often, but I know you probably don't mean it literally
Anon
That's an extremely common expression in English
"Killing two birds with one stone" kind of common expression
Either you're ESL, live under a rock, have autism, are trolling, or any combination of the above
>>
>>104025992
I'm more upset about the unmoving gif and the fact that it says Ed instead of Edd than you calling me an idiot. And I honestly haven't heard that said in a context that wasn't related to either the speaker or listener leaving and presumably never returning. Also my jokes are like the opposite of Sturgeon's Law, 105 are actually funny and the other 90% isn't funny in any way that isn't ironic or "so bad it's good" or you laugh at how stupid it is.
>>
>>104026141
>This entire post
I'm starting to think it's not trolling and just intense autism guys.
>>
>>104026182
I know someone's just gonna post the meme about just pretending, but I'll still say it
>well maybe I'm just bad at telling jokes, or that's what I want you to think
>>
>>104026224
Autism
>>
bump
>>
File: rided dirty.png (780 KB, 736x728)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
>>104025992
>filename
where's the second d anon....
>>
>>104027571
Shut up, and stop repeating yourself!
>>
File: MyManEddy.jpg (23 KB, 352x240)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>104005338
>>Favorite character
Edd
>>Favorite quote
"I am dead from the neck up."
>>Favorite location
The Lane
>>Favorite episode
Robot Ranchers episode
>>
>>104011147
this. it's that fucking simple
>>
>>104004873
nebulously eastern european
>>
>>104004672
absolutely incorrect
it ended on the most perfect note it ever could have
there was no need to let it drag on
the problem is just...
maybe there could have been a little more
>>
File: eddy.jpg (18 KB, 468x225)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Ed
>Favorite quote
"I am off again. A lesson in life I am sure I'll get"
>Favorite location
The wilderness outside the cul de sac
>Favorite episode
They call him mister Ed
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite Character
Rolf
>Favorite Quote
"I can't bear to look, has Rolf--IS THAT THE SUPPORT BEAM TO THE HOUSE!?!"
>Favorite Location
The Junkyard Van
>Favorite Episode
The Curse of Evil Tim
>>
>>104005019
Because EEnE's designs are naturally structured to make exaggerated expressions: side mouths, oblique eyes, huge jaws, etc. On the other hand, AT, SU, and OK KO are shitty because their designs are so lazily simple that they feel the need to do super exaggerated faces just for basic gags.
>>
>>104005260
>never ending forehead

Easily the best
>>
>>104005338
>character
Kevin because my name is Kevin
>quote
“My word they look like napkins!”
>location
The river episode was hella comfy. I also like the downtown area when they show it
>episode
The episode where Ed thinks they crashlanded on some planet and it’s just the junkyard
>>
>>104024463
Fluid consistency as opposed to solid (like any other cartoon). It's whatever the scene needs it to be rather than following traditional standards. Simply put, the one consistent thing about SU is that it's inconsistent.
>>
>>104005338
>Eddy
>"Oh, and you're like a human photocopier, Mr. Perfecto?"
>Edtropolis
>Dawn of the Eds
>>
>>104004873
Either finnish or norwegian, no joke
>>
>>104005260
Edd Ed and Eddy sequel where it's pretty much The Sopranos when?
>>
I’m surprised so many people picked Dawn of the Eds.
Though I love the slapstick in later seasons, I love how close the characters were in the first season to acting like real friends who hung out.
>>
>>104013822
Edd
"Ed, do you understand anything Double D says?"
The horn sound when there's slapstick
A glass of warm Ed
>>
>>104025891
He's mixed and if he was too black with the accent and attitude and shit it wouldn't have meshed well with the rest of the show.
>>
File: 1532545834671.png (29 KB, 633x758)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>104004672
>>
>>104005421
>Look mom I posted it again! *shits diaper*
>>
>>104033278
Yeah, I know, you did.
>>
>>104005338
>Ed
>Eddy's in pain now, he'll have to call ya back
>junkyard
>The day the Ed stood still
>>
>>104005338
>Favorite character
Eddy
>Favorite quote
“Take five mortal.”
“Gotcha Baron-guy.”
Or
“Where’s Mr. Yumyum?”
“Who, Ed?”
>Favorite location
The creek
>Favorite episode
The day the Ed stood still
>>
>>104005260
>Bazooka Chin Kevin
>Shovel Chin
>Johnny 2x4
>>
>>104034190
>bazooka chin kevin
>eddy, kevin wasn't even in this episode
>>
>>104023538
>>104030146
This. When your characters are drawn with appropriately exaggerated features, animators wouldn't really need to go much off-model very often.
>>
>>104010753
>>104005019
>>104004896
>>104004881
Yikes
>>
>>104011033
Nigga,its the Execs for murking Wander over Yonder and pretty much making all of the cartoons today shitty.They are only interested in their shareholders.Ill just give you a cahnce this one time and think you meant the Producers and managers and not that you are a retard.
>>
>>104025947
He directed who shot mr burns my dude
>>
File: 1533802197689.jpg (22 KB, 473x473)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>104004672
>>
>>104008070
>is that a certain artist drew a certain drawing
i don't get your point in your post
>>
>>104030146
They still go off model fairly frequently though, they just don't go as far with it

I hate that 4chan doesn't understand and in some cases is outright opposed to the idea of moderation, because good cartooning is based pretty much entirely in it.

If your characters are always on model, you get shit like family guy, where it looks stiff and lifeless and bland. Meanwhile, if you throw out model sheets entirely you end up with shit like OK KO, where it's distractingly inconsistent.

Animation only works when it hits a balance that allows it to be expressive while also being consistent.
>>
>>104004672
>>
>>104036477
Neither did I, but I might have been trolling. Or not. I won't correct anyone anymore in this thread unless it has to do with something that isn't directly related to me.
>>
>>104036499
look zoomer, EEnE have that style that is forgivable to go off model because their style favors to go for it and even if they go "off model" they still keep consistency on their structure it doesn't look so different. Meanwhile AT, SU and KO have this plain style which being brake from their outline it looks off putting, kind alike when anime they have this consistent structure and suddenly go off their way for comedic value, this doesn't apply with EEnE because they don't follow a consistent style yet they keep certain rules as to how they should look like
>>
>>104036613
Most people don't even notice when SU goes off model because most of it is literally just "Steven is slightly smaller in this scene" and other times it's just drawing what makes the scene look good in context. It really doesn't matter and there are thousands of cartoons where the proportions don't budge that I'd shit on before SU for looking "bad".

Three words:
The Cramp Twins
>>
>>104036868
>Most people don't even notice when SU goes off model
Why do you lie?
>>
>>104036613
That's what I said you literal retard.
>>
*WHACK WHACK WHACK*
I'm a woodpecker!
*WHACK WHACK WHACK*
Except with dirt!
>>
Stop arguing about dumb shit and get in here Edheads
https://youtu.be/z6AobqtVHXw
>>
>>104005260
>The Never Ending Forhead
i have never laughed at a simple insult this hard in my life
>>
>>104037740
>Pitched down voices
Unwatchable
>>
bump
>>
>>104005338
Ed
"One plus one on a bun." It's not the funniest, but it's the one that always comes to mind when I think about the show.
The junkyard
The one with the cursed phone
>>
File: 1520234081743.jpg (67 KB, 640x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Marie's nipples were drawn in a frame.
>>
>>104012340
Those orangutan noises that play whenever Ed does something.
>>
https://thepiratebay.rocks/torrent/4528798 No excuse not to watch this masterpiece
>>
>>104040447
>fbi honeypot bay
>>
>>104004881
crewniverse shill detected
>>
File: 1457415800553.png (151 KB, 557x605)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM-zScg3ZKg
>>
>>104034274
Those drawings look so delicious!
>>
File: Ed Poster 1.png (83 KB, 269x200)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>104005338
> Double D
> "I glued a block of wood to Jonny's foot." Or pic related
> Junkyard Van
> Too many good ones to name a single episode.
> Any sound effect dealing with breaking or destroying something.
>>
>>104029961
>>
>>104005338
>Ed
>Double D! Relax will ya? It's a toy. From Canada
>Ed's Room
>Little Ed Blue (When Ed is pissed because of a pebble in his shoe)
>>
>>104005338
-Ed
-For me, its a 2 part-er
>"Unchi... unconciable..." "Unconscious, Eddy" "Dead from the neck up?"
-Cul-de-sac
-Either "The Day the Ed Stood Still" or "See no Ed"
>>
Bump
>>
>>104006482
>MALICE ME WITH A SHOEHORN?!
>>
>>104044502
Really there was another game. Frontier would be a good developer, they're very good at capturing the tone of animated IP in video game form.
>>
>>104044577
What would the plotline be though? What genre even? I don’t think EEnE’s magic can be reproduced in a videogame.
>>
>>104044583
Last game was purely episodic, with the Cul-de-sac acting as a hub for story missions. For story, it depends what tone you want. I always found the horror and sci-fi episodes to be pretty good. so perhaps it could be done in the style of Simpsons Hit and Run or Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.