[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_6779.jpg (468 KB, 856x1284)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
Now that the dust has settled, what is the general consensus on Reddit Man: Memecoming?
>>
It was pretty good. Good new take on Spidey instead of the same old boring shit. Supporting cast was weak but Spidey and Vulture were strong.

General consensus is average to great, 4chan consensus is it's bad because minority casting for the bit parts.
>>
Meh
>>
>>93942969
5/10, little better than ASM2 but worse than the rest
>>
>>93942969
>Reddit Man
/co/ is the last fucking board to pull the reddit card. You fags are almost on par with tumblr.
>>
>>93942969
8/10

Genuinely good film, left me surprised. The only real problem with the movie, IMO, is the score, which is a bit underwhelming.

Better than the first Raimi film. I'll have to rewatch the second to compare them, it and Homecoming are incredibly different sorts of movies.
>>
You'd think more of the decathlon kids would wonder why their local superhero followed them all the way to DC.
>>
>Reddit-Man

corrected you, faggo
>>
>>93942969
Pretty good. However the climax was really dissapointing. Couldn't see shit with the flashing lights and later fire obscuring the action. Would definitely have liked more scenes built around Manhattan rather than having everything being somewhere his swinging is limited.
>>
>>93942969
I don't understand a lot of the weird writing decisions, like having characters have the names of Spider-Man characters but not their personalities, and the inverse of that with Ganke/Ned, but it's a good film at it's core

Just has shitty bells and whistles attached to it
>>
The way I see it is on one hand they tried to pull the "hey kids this is the Spidey you all know and love" and on the other they tried to do "This isn't your gram-pa comic book character!" so they try to go in the middle but in the end you just can't have a cake and eat it too.
>>
>>93943531
Then why are you here /tv/?
>>
>>93943531
It is, in fact, the exact same people.
>>
It was a good movie, but a terrible Spider-Man adaption.

The supporting cast was awful, and I was so sick of how the entire movie revolved around Tony.
>>
>>93942969
we
have
this
thread
every
hour
go
the
fuck
away
>>
>>93942969
It was awful
>>
>>93942969
>Reddit Man: Memecoming
WHY ARE THERE QUIPS IN THIS SPIDER-MAN MOVIE!?
>>
>>93942969
Why wasn't Ned the protagonist? It would have been hilarious and he was infinitely more layered and charismatic than Peter.
>>
>>93942969
The official consensus is "OP is a faggot"
>>
>>93942969
Good movie, better than that Tony clone with wizard powers movie
>>
>>93943801
There's nothing wrong with quips, but unlike the GOOD movies of the MCU, memecoming only has quips, and not even good ones. Cap and Iron Man have depth to their characters that goes beyond quips. Spiderfag is just quips. Take those away and he's nothing. He has no heart. Just a souless husk of a movie that people praise because, "muh funny meme spider boy"
>>
>>93943859
>muh memes
You don't know what this word means faggot. Opinion disregarded.
>>
I miss when peter was an adult who had to balance real issues like relationships, money and love with his super heroics and having the consequences hit him, and living through em.
>>
>>93943920
You know what I meant. He's not a character. He's a prop that only exists so Facebook users can make "epic memes" about the "funny" stuff he does in the movie. Spider-Man Homecoming has no style or nuance.
>>
>>93943859
Confirmed for having not actually seen the movie.
>>
File: Tanya.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>93943714
>/tv/
>>
File: 1498622000967.png (443 KB, 680x559)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
It was good, but by the end, I just felt like something was missing. That something that makes Spider-Man Spider-Man just wasn't there.
>>
>>93944085
I think you were distracted by all the "quirky fun" that you didn't notice that the protagonist had no character.
>>
>>93942969
average to bad
Another MCU weak garbo
>>
>>93943535
Marvel scores typically blow, other than Guardians.
>>
>>93944235
>Another MCU weak garbo
No way, Shitcoming is worse than the worst of the MCU.
>>
The RLM guys said something about Homecoming that rings true, at least for me; the writers and producers went far out of their way to make this movie different from the others. Sometimes I felt that worked and was internally consistent, e.g. May and Peter's motivation and crisis of faith. Sometimes, like with the absent Uncle Ben, I felt the movie would have been a bit better being a bit closer to the others. I had a few "not muh" moments with Flash, but overall he didn't bother me. I do sort of wish they would've just come out and raceswapped MJ if that's what they want to do. Doing a half measure seems a bit cowardly. Anyway, I felt the movie was largely internally consistent, refined in scope, and I'd like to see where this Spider-Man is headed.
>>
>>93942969
Better than Amazing Spider-Man movies, worse than Ramiman 1 and 2
>>
>>93942969
The best Spider-Man movie in years, for what that's worth. A shame that people are so burnt out on the character now that they arent going to the movie.
>>
>>93942969
Second best spider man film after spider man 2. It's somewhere between a 6.5 and a 7 out of 10 for me.
>>
>>93942969
It was really good but everyone was already prepared to hate it. Sony fucked it up every way that they could.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.