[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is Alex Ross the undisputed Cover King of comics?
>>
>>95861235
He's an autistic moron that won't draw post 1980's DC designs and characters because NOT MUH but will whore himself out to Marvel.
>>
>>95861235
His compositions are boring at best and absolute shit at worst. Your cover as an example
>>
I'm partial to Bolland
>>
>>95861491
The thumbnails looks like Bob Hoskins in Mario with long hair.
>>
Mike Del Mundo is the undisputed best from this decade.
Dave Johnson was the king in the 00's, haven't seen his work in a while desu

>>95861235
Alex Ross does really beautiful covers, his work on Astro City is particularly astounding, but relies almost completely on his skill and barely on any sort of creativity. The cover you just posted would look like shit if done by almost anyone else.
>>
>>95861267
Stop being butthurt because he wouldn't draw the shittiest Green Lantern in existence
>>
>>95861267
so... yes?
>>
>>95861491
As am I his compositions are always really fun.
>>
There's a group of art retarded kids that hate Alex Ross but unnironically love Frank Miller and Romita Jr.
I'd seriously not advise taking anything they say seriously.
>>
>>95862185
He draws Hal all the time, though
>>
>>95861235
I love ross because of his realistic style, but otherwise eh
and he's wasted on Slott ASM anyway
>>
>>95862862
>Frank Miller
But he did some great stuff back in the day, and it's easy to tell when he chose something stylized over realism.
>Romita Jr.
He was also good, like, decades ago. His recent stuff is shitty phoned-in sameface junk. It's even more infuriating that he can still put out good art when he actually tries, which is almost never.
>>
>>95861267
Imagine being so hateful and angry that you actually don't like Alex Ross
>>
>>95862862
t.capeshitter

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.