[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: n1QUH1w.jpg (120 KB, 1248x1664)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>97849175
Neither. Though if you really want an answer, Anderson Robotics.
>>
>>97849175

Murderbot broke his end of the deal and tried to get Connor by force.

Sure the Foundation would have broken their end of the deal as well, but still.
>>
>>97849201
>>
>>97849832
>>
File: maxresdefault (94).jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>97851396
>>
File: Foundation_Field_Codes.jpg (141 KB, 923x865)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>97851396
>Guns are no good
>Don't be taken alive
SHIIIIIIIEEEEEET
>>
File: up93bE4.gif (444 KB, 240x229)
444 KB
444 KB GIF
>>97852264
>Symbols Are Compromised
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: scp_113_mspaint_comic.png (40 KB, 900x265)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>97854146
>Do not follow the little girl
FUCK
>>
>>97852264
>Symbols have been compromised
>that far down the list
Man you're already fucked at that point.
>>
>>97852264
>symbols have been compromised

FUCK
>>
>>97854146
>>97854323
>>97854424
I don't get it.
>>
>>97852264
>stay together
>safe place to rest
>stay in the darkness
>don't give up
>symbols have been compromised
>>
>>97852264

>Do not follow the little girl

Uh, how often is that so dangerous that they had to make it a symbol?
>>
>>97854448
It means that whatever it is you're investigating/trying to contain has broken some or all of the field code symbols and can replicate them. Seeing "Symbols Have Been Compromised" means you can no longer trust any symbols within that area at all, and may be already fucked if you've been following faulty directions or directions meant to lead you into a trap or meant to kill you.
>>
File: 27d.png (64 KB, 300x300)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>97854448
Pretty much if "Symbols Have been Compromised" shows up, you're pretty much fucked. As that means that ALL of the symbols and signs you've been following previously have been utterly compromised, and the information that they've given you is false. That basically means that the thing your hunting already has you in Its trap, and you have no chance of escaping now. If that specific symbol shows up, it's better to blow your brains out then and there, rather than wait for it to come and kill you (or worse).
>>
>>97854565
>>97854567

It feels like any SCP with a knowledge of what these symbols meant would be at a huge advantage as all they'd have to write is the symbols compromised one to make all the security teams flip the fuck out.
>>
>>97854853
You're missing the point. An escaped SCP being familiar with the signs means the symbols are already compromised. If it announced that it was aware of the symbols and capable of altering them, all it would do is forfeit its advantage.
>>
>>97854970
yeah, you got me there
>>
File: UCcSPTR (2).png (83 KB, 864x864)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>97854567
>>
>>97854562
>>97854562
SCP 40, 53, 134, 239... they aren't alone. Little girls are a dangerous thing... or at least things that look like one.
>>
>>97855461
Unless you are 231 that is.
>>
>>97855753
you have to be MORE scared of her, not less. At least until B-day
>>
File: SCPadorable (2).png (303 KB, 816x612)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>97856258
Don't worry. Sugar Blob Jesus shall save us. Hopefully.
>>
>>97854567
What if other GoI just adds that sigil for shits and giggles?
Imagine Gamers against Weed trolling Foundation specops to the point of suicide just by adding 'authentic' SCP signs.
>>
File: cc3.jpg (171 KB, 1024x1322)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>97857034
I really don't think GAW is unified (or really even sane) enough to pull of such a feat. At least, not without exposing themselves pretty damn easily.
>>
>>97852264
What's the scariest combination you can think of? Hardmode: don't use "symbols have been compromised"
>Do not be taken alive
>team mate vanished here
>>
Wouldn't the Foundation be an SCP at this point? Or at least it's locations would be, what with all the reality warping and memetic SCPs contained there that would have done some wacky shit to foundation property
>>
File: Scared Isabelle.gif (206 KB, 335x469)
206 KB
206 KB GIF
>>97858206
>The Foundation Has Been Here
>Do Not Trust Them
>>
>>97851396
What's happenings here?
>>
>>97849175
>start watching his OTHER series
>think it's kind of good
>get to end
>cliffhanger
>his 10 minuets of less SCP stuff has 10 times more views than his HALF HOUR LONG watchmen parody animation
>realize there is little to no chance he'll ever go back
>>
>>97858206
>do not look away
>do not be taken alive
>>
>>97849175
So what are some SCP you guys want to see Connor interacting with in the future?
>682
>the desert eagle
>the zapper
>the lactation fetish
>the bodies on the lake
>Bigfoot
>the Ikea store
>the stairs
>the haunted school
>>
File: d i s t r e s s.png (97 KB, 360x269)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>97852264
>You are being watched
>Symbols have been compromised
>>
>>97858206
>>97858206
>Guns are no good
>Pray while shooting
>Do not be taken alive
>>
File: 1494277448919.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1242)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>97858545
I wouldn't mind seeing him interact with other humanoid SCPs, like the guy who randomly teleports away.

Or Able. I think it'd be funny to see him interact with Able. They wire him up with some kind of suicide bomb and have him run after Able, with Able cursing and swearing and telling him to stay away.

I actually wouldn't want to see him meet 682. There's not a lot there that hasn't already been covered in the first video with the cannibal giant:

>Monster tries to kill him
>Discovers Connor's immortal
>Goes apeshit having fun killing him over and over

You could have it get sick of killing him and try ignoring him, but I can't see 682 getting bored of killing one of its "captors".

Apart from that, I'd want to see him interact with the "Leviathan in a bathtub" scp, because I think its a cool scp.
>>
>>97858258
The Foundation is an SCP in other dimensions and other dimensions Foundations are SCPs in "ours"
>>
>>97858545
Connor and the psychiatrist should get high in the parking garage bro.
>>
>>97858545
>lactation fetish
W-what?
>>
>>97858720
>the guy who randomly teleports away.
I completely forgot about him. Would be amazing to watch him and Connor get teleported somewhere and needing to work together to survive.
>There's not a lot there that hasn't already been covered in the first video with the cannibal giant
Someone screencaped a post that had a good idea of how a 682 episode could go.
>>
>>97858822
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-686
>>
>>97858383
To be fair that's how you're introduced on the first day of the job
>>
>>97858822
It's the mother of them all
>>
>>97858822
The worst part is I don't know if he's talking about 686 or 597
>>
>>97858383
>Contact Lost With Command
>Do Not Trust Them
>>
File: Spoiler Image (842 KB, 700x839)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
Claim your SCP-fu.
>>
>>97858936
This is pgood
>>
>>97858964
claimin MALO
>>
>>97858964
Cassy
>>
>>97858964
>>
File: scp_239.jpg (93 KB, 380x869)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>97858964
daughteru
>>
File: 1333093919921.jpg (31 KB, 317x427)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>97849175
The Foundation for trying to sell off one of their most valuable Class D operatives in exchange for something that may be utterly fictitious (and was).

If any SCP wants to obtain immortality, through any method, in exchange for an alleged 'cure for cancer', the answer is always know. It's SECURE CONTAIN PROTECT, not BARGAIN EXCHANGE DISCOVER. The Foundation shouldn't give a shit about what this cunt SCP was offering.
>>
>>97858206
>Space/Distance Disortion
>Rooms Move/Area Changes
>Alternate Reality Entered

At that point, you are basically lost, almost for good. Even if nothing kills you, its going to be a helluva pain to get back.
>>
>>97859574
This wan't the foundation though. It was one scientist who often get too cocky in the pursuit of knowledge and fuck things up.
>>
>>97859692
He was acting as a representative of the Foundation.
>>
>>97858463
Bung found something that was both Niche and Ready to go into the mainstream, and cashed in big on it, Honestly kinda surprised no one attempted anything this big with SCP before besides a couple games.

After seeing a few comments waiting for Bung Chronicals, I feel like I should watch it. Is it worth the watch Anon?
>>
>>97858206
>Danger On Other Side
>Breach
>>
>>97859709
>Honestly kinda surprised no one attempted anything this big with SCP before besides a couple games.

There's more and more SCP related fan content all the time. The only difference is that Bung didn't fuck up the three big things that kill most web animation series: Animation, Voice Acting, and Writing. Get any of those wrong, it's DOA. Bung is experienced and this is clearly a labor of love. That's really all that make Confinement unique.
>>
>>97859672
At that point, you've just gotten yourself lost permanently and there is indeed no hope of returning to your original dimension.

>Someone else is here
>Stay in the Darkness
>Stay Quiet
>Proceed with Caution
>>
>>97859705
Not everybody working for the Foundation represents the whole Foundation. Sometimes they get to big fir their britches and cock it all up, like that one Doctor that turned a harmless hitchhiking ghost SCP into a psycho Grudge bitch.
>>
>>97859786
Quality pays Anon, I just hope more people actually realize that he does have a patreon.
>>
>>97859840
He represented the Foundation in a legal sense. He was acting as a representative of the Foundation during the bargaining process with the SCP.
>>
File: 1492103390760.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>97858964
Does SCP-2952 count?
I just wanna pet them...
>>
Can someone post the pic of Scp 682 bitching about Conor being a mary sue. It amuses me

Also how would ypu personally like to see a potential interaction between the two pan out
>>
>>97859866
SCP 682 would probably have a field day with Conner, and probably go into a rage state and break containment. Alternatively, if 682 is feeling particularly levelheaded, he may figure out some way to use Conner as a means of escape. Like maybe evolving to be a small parasitic lizard for a little while, and burst out of Conner after a period of time.
>>
>>97859866
I don't think they would let those two meet. Imagine if 682 got Conner's powers.
>>
>>97859705
Remember the Foundation are a bunch of bastards at heart. Even if they allowed Ian to suppress Connor's personality and inhabit his body they'd simply use Ian for the exact same tests as Connor. It's literally a fucking joke in the episode.
>>
File: 1465904346376.jpg (71 KB, 400x403)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>97852264
I have always wanted a horror game like this built around remembering codes, instructions and paying close attention to the environment above all else. It wouldn't need to be SCP but these field codes are kinda perfect for it. Imagine rounding a corner and seeing the "Get Out Fast" symbol. It would take a good moment for it to register and then its panic without any other cues except for some chalk on a wall. In a similar vein is the instructions in the "Holders" series or "ritual creepy pastas" are pretty interesting to me. The instructions are incredibly clear but you have tension from our own capacity for error and the uncertainty of the results.

>>97858206
>Stay In The Darkness
>Stay Quiet
>>
>>97859945
>Remember the Foundation are a bunch of bastards at heart.

Wrong. The Foundation is not the Chaos Insurgency.

The Foundation is only cruel when necessary. Their primary function is to ensure public safety from anomalous objects and phenomena. Things that have any proven probability for being dangerous to humans (i.e. SCP-1360) are to be contained and not interacted with further. Safe objects (like Conner arguably is) are to be contained in minimum security conditions and used when appropriate, with appropriate approval (see SCP-1230).

Conner is not dangerous, and is best suited for assisting in the ongoing qualified Class D shortage issues. Yes, Class D's are not infinite in number. The fact that Conner is an otherwise ordinary individual, with an ordinary outlook on life, makes him an ideal control group in testing. His experiences with dangerous objects would be the majority's experiences with objects. He probably takes low doses of amnestics to maintain this relatively ignorant effect. Becoming too knowledgeable of dangerous SCPs, or becoming too skilled in being able to survive them, would reduce his usefulness as a control group.

Furthermore, the personality of SCP 1360 is not preferable to Conner's current personality. The only joke in this entire sequence was when the Foundation representative casually sold Conner out and was immediately given what he deserved, reinforcing everything I've stated above.

Never. Make. Deals. With. Euclids.
>>
>>97858545
Hmmm.....
I don't recognize the bodies in the lake.
>>
>>97858545
The camera that shows what you really want in the photos it takes. The tomato that determines how bad your jokes by flinging itself at your at varying speeds is another one.
>>
>>97852264
Equipment Failure
Stay in Darkness

(no flashlights or NVG for you!)
>>
>>97858545
I want a funfilled zany Wonderporium episode

Or him to deal with the Bonifays. That photograph still gives me the heebie jeebies
>>
>>97849175
If Conner has been in Foundation custody his entire life then why is he a D-Class and not an SCP?

I also kinda liked the impression I got in the beginning that he was just an incredibly unlucky jailbird who got suck with some anomalous properties at some point, better than what we got.
>>
>>97859099
Document #085-2: Incident 085-A

Prior to ██-██-████, SCP-085 was unaware of its status as a 2-Dimensional object in a 3-Dimensional world: prior security protocols required that SCP-085 be kept unaware of its true nature in order to prevent psychological distress: discrepancies with the perceived "real world" were presented as dreams or nightmares, and an effort was made to present SCP-085 with a scenario in which it was the last surviving human in a post-apocalyptic world, searching for survivors.

The deception was quickly broken following an incident where an SCP Foundation researcher accidentally brought a hard copy of SCP-085's Special Containment Procedures Report into the containment facility and allowed it to contact the artifact's current location. SCP-085 transferred onto the document before the researcher could remove it, and was immediately made aware of its true nature.

Because of the containment breach, several researchers advocated immediate destruction of the artifact. The decision was appealed to the O5-Council, which, in a █ to █ decision, advocated for SCP-085's continued existence.

Since the revelation of her true nature, observers have noted that SCP-085 has begun to show signs of clinical depression. Psychotherapy has been proposed, but the nature of the artifact's state of existence may make it difficult.

Some success has been had by providing SCP-085 tangible means to distract herself from her condition. In addition to the aforementioned optical illusions, SCP-085 expressed particular interest in a set of technical drawings for a 1964 Ford Mustang Convertible, transferring the parts one by one to a more naturalistic artwork, then assembling the vehicle by hand over the period of a year—gasoline being provided through a Norman Rockwell print of a gas station attendant.

Requests for further diversions of this nature are pending O5-level review and approval.

;_;
>>
>>97849175
>Ferdinand gets a large cell and plush furniture
>Connor has to share a small room with a number of other D-Class SCPs

Fuck you too, SCP Foundation.
>>
>>97858545
Stone face that bites your hand off if you lie. Conner meets the D-Class that trolled the stone so hard it rejected him.
>>
>>97860330
Conner, as Bung portrays him, violates several standards of the SCP website - including but not limited to being referred to as 'Conner' by the Foundation and not by his SCP number.

However, some of this can be excused with rationalizations such as the 'Conner' identity being useful in maintaining his containment, and perhaps the fact that there is nothing that says that SCPs cannot also be Class D personnel. One is his official status as an anomalous individual in the Foundation's organization system, and the other is his day job.

>I also kinda liked the impression I got in the beginning that he was just an incredibly unlucky jailbird who got suck with some anomalous properties at some point, better than what we got.

I liked this as well, but the explanation we got is more in line with (as in more common to) the way that other SCPs are discovered by the Foundation. Usually there is the sudden appearance of an object or a change in an object's properties, and people die or go missing or start contacting local authorities. An ordinary guy who just so happens to respawn upon death would - if he lived an average life - would never has his anomalous properties discovered. At most he would get hit by a car and die once, and maybe panic briefly when he found his own corpse and dried to cover it up by burying it in the backyard. No calls to the police, no unusual behavior.

The current backstory of being abandoned and creating a car full of dead baby corpses created a very rapid and concise way of having the SCP Foundation discover him and what makes him anomalous.

If it was a guy who just died once and respawned once, the SCP Foundation might think it was a one off and not test any further. Contain, sure, but they're not going to kill someone just because MAYBE he's immortal. They'd have to KNOW someone is immortal before they'd use him like Conner is used.
>>
>>97859840
Like that guy who let 096 go on a rampage so he could kill it. Besides the usual youtube line by line reads there was one where the reade rad-lbbed the redacted interview by the main researcher's assistant. The interrogator let the stupid fuck know that by letting 096 out, he forfeit all pensions to his family after he gets a bullet in him.
>>
>>97852264
>Get out quickly
>Pray while shooting
>Do not be taken alive
>>
>>97860330
>SCP: Expensive containment procedures
>D-Class: Poor pay and lodgings

Gee, I dunno.
>>
>>97851396
What SCP is this?
>>97851898
Or this?
>>
>>97860492
I rationalize it as Conner not actually having a number. He's really useful for testing with other SCPs and I imagine there's a lot of bureaucratic red tape concerning cross SCP testing that they're able to dodge so long as he's not officially on the books as an SCP.
>>
>>97860111
So what happened to that guy? I expected him to explode but he was a...meat tree?
>>
>>97860656
>Or this?
That one is just one of the things in a SCP Site from another dimension that had some shit go down and shifted into ours.
>>
>>97860397
There was a tale of a painter drawing her a scene of a mountain lake to swim in.
>>
>>97860668
Maybe, but the Foundation catalogs everything.
EVERYTHING.

More likely, though, Conner does have an SCP number; but it's just never mentioned so that it will never conflict with the actual SCP site. Be kinda awkward if, years later, the number that Bung picked for Conner gets taken by something else, causing no small amount of confusion for later viewers.

Until someone makes Conner official, he's better off numberless.
>>
>>97860656
I think >>97851898 is the one found scibbling on the walls in the exploration logs of http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1730. Don't know if it has a number.
>>
>>97859574
>the answer is always know
Filthy Phoneposter.
>>
File: 1355906152654.png (263 KB, 500x500)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>97860739
Actually on desktop.
>>
>>97860111
"Cruel when necessary" is defined by the discretion of the O5 and Ethics Committee on the whole and the site directors individually. Whether or not D-class are infinite in number depends entirely on whether or not you count the multiple anomalous sources of D-class personnel listed on the site as canon. Either way, Connor explicitly does not have an ordinary outlook on life having spent his entire life in Foundation custody and being used as a respawning guinea pig. The rest of that paragraph is nothing but your headcanon.

The joke in that sequence was that Ian's existence under Anderson Robotics was the exact same as Connor's existence.

>>97860397
Just introduce Cassy to the book that creates a RPG in your dreams. It's already shown it can interact with written material.
>>
>>97860668
Yeah, by all means he SHOULD have a designation, but they never did because he's much more useful without all that shit to deal with and he's not a threat to anyone. At least no more than the average person is.
>>
>>97858936
>>97859000
>SCP-3333
>>
>>97859944
682 doesn't copy other SCP's powers. He evolves to survive and overcomes obstacles/situations.
>>
>>97858206
>Safe Place to Rest
>Unsafe Place
>Get Out Fast
>>
File: 1476379567460.png (40 KB, 152x254)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>97852264
>don't give up
As much as I'd like to rate that dark souls message, I can't help but wonder if there is a Dick faculty member who puts up fake/manipulative symbols to get others killed.
>>
File: 1509891461534.jpg (23 KB, 377x264)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>97860111
>The Foundation is only cruel when necessary
>>
>>97859944
If 682 and Conner met, his holding tank would quickly be filled with corpses.
I can't decide if 682 would be contained by the weight of them all or if it'd manage to climb out on top of them.
>>
>>97860785
Every time I see Safe crossed out and replaced with Keter I'm always jazzed to see how the foundation fucked up.
>>
>>97860756
Get some sleep.
>>
>>97859945
http://www.scp-wiki.net/ethics-committee-orientation
Basically what >>97860111 said.
>>
>>97860775
>would
>probably
>would

Someone needs to retake first grade reading comprehension. None of what I said in that paragraph about how Conner could be used assumes that he is indeed used in that way, just that this is what he'd be best used for in an everyday testing environment. It was a suggestion, not a statement of fact.

>>97860820
>newfag
If you honestly believe that, why doesn't the Foundation safe objects?
>>
>>97860775
>Whether or not D-class are infinite in number depends entirely on whether or not you count the multiple anomalous sources of D-class personnel listed on the site as canon.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/security-clearance-levels#toc11

>In times of duress, Protocol 12 may be enacted, which allows recruitment from other sources — such as political prisoners, refugee populations, and other civilian sources

Class D are not fucking infinite.
>>
>>97860775
>>97860871
>>97860111
>>97860820
>>97860862
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-foundation-eats-babies
>>
>>97860785
>that part where the MTF get their numbers wrong
Gave me chills.
>>
>>97860909
Yes, the foundation eats babies. When necessary.
>>
>>97860909
>all about containing SCPs that have immoral containment procedures

Yeah, it's 'SECURE, CONTAIN, PROTECT'; not 'CRUELTY SADISM MURDER'. Just because shit like SCP-231 requires fucked up shit to keep contained does not make the Foundation a 'bunch of heartless bastards'. If they were truly heartless, a good chunk of SCPs would be incinerated without a second thought. The Foundation's mission begins and ends with putting a good barrier between abnormalities and the rest of the world. Some barriers require more bodies to keep well guarded than others, but a great many require very few 'babies' at all.
>>
>>97860821
It would probably just eat the corpses until it was full. Wait a bit, eat more corpses, etc.
>>
>>97861003
Simple - everyone read http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1730 about what a bunch of heartless bastards running the Foundation would actually look like.
>>
>>97860779
He could simply be classified as an anomalous object rather than D-class or a SCP.
>>
File: 1348253114962.jpg (72 KB, 407x405)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>97861060
>>
>>97861003
>they won't kill some monster because that would hurt it's feefee's and that would be bad
>they will however feed the monster more and more people so that it can stay docile for the next hour

the Foundation is a bunch of sadistic pricks that likes to watch defenceless people be sent into a meat grinder
and your delusions won't change that
>>
>>97858206
>Alternate Reality encountered
>The Foundation has been here
>Do not be taken alive
>>
>>97859324
that scientist there reminds of a character from anime but older.

its the blonde hair and scientist clothing that seems to be a size too big.
>>
>>97861083
Except given the backstory of the Foundation of 1730's home reality, it was subsumed by the GOC in the mid-90s and that version of the GOC operated differently than the normal GOC.
>>
>>97861083
>Deer God, Regular God, and Eden Angel successfully contained

Pretty gud job. Damn bitch ruined everything
>>
>>97860169
If it's the one I remember, the gist of it is that anyone that interacts with this zombie corpse lake gets their afterlife overwritten. Wherever you were supposed to go on death, you go to the Lake, to suffer as a living corpse for the rest of their days
>>
>>97859574
The idea was that he would still be contained, just in a new body. They had Connor contained after all. And the thing being offered wasn't even a cure for cancer. It was a MASSIVE amount of Data on a major GOI with certain tech more advanced than what the Foundation is capable of. They would get payrolls, schematics, headquarter locations, offshore accounts, and the location of more SCP objects.

He even took the flash drive to verify if the info was good. The foundation had everything to win in this scenario if it hadn't been an escape attempt.
>>
>>97861158
The end of that story, and let's face it, it's a story masquerading as a SCP entry, got way too action movie bullshit. How the fuck would you even contain the Gate Guardian, much less move it to the other side of the world? And if you had the ability to do so, how would what is basically The Many from System Shock even pose a threat to you?
>>
>>97860786
He totally copies other SCP powers. He stepped on 999 and started letting out Happy Shockwaves. One time a researcher got frustrated and yelled at it with a psychic megaphone, and 682 proceeded to blast obscenities into the head of every researcher at the complex for the next two weeks
>>
>>97861124
>newfag tries to tell me who is the delusional one

The SCP Foundation's mission is containment. The group that wants to destroy all anomalous objects is called the Serpent's Hand.

The Foundation cares about no one and nothing's feelings, they care about public safety. It is not in the interest of public safety to have SCP 835's guts spill out into the open ocean. It's not in the public safety to go trying to poke SCP 682, no matter what kind of 'really good way to kill it, for good this time' you might have. And there's absolutely no reason to kill something like SCP 239 either.

Almost all non-neutralized Keter SCPs have some reason why they are still alive. And that reason is never morality, always public safety. Who knows what a particularly dangerous SCP might do in its death throes.

Unlike the Serpent's Hand, the Foundation does not view itself as one side in a war. It's just law enforcement.
>>
File: 1336780925139.jpg (39 KB, 412x352)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>97860909
>A Modest Procedure
>>
>>97860904
There's like six SCPs that give alternate methods of Class D resupply. One is a coffin that clones people, and another is a gateway to Hell Russia that the Foundation concurred that constantly regenerates sinners.
>>
>>97860330
I like the theory that he should totally be an SCP object, but he's so useful as a test subject all the lower-level researchers conspire to hide him away from the higher-ups so they wouldn't have to do as much paperwork to test with him
>>
>>97861298
What part of Protocol 12 existing do you not understand?
>>
>>97861298
>gateway to Hell Russia
Do you recall the name or number of this one?
I'm intensely curious as to how bad "Hell Russia" can be.
>>
>>97861284
>It's not in the public safety to go trying to poke SCP 682, no matter what kind of 'really good way to kill it, for good this time' you might have.
The Foundation does that all the time though.
>>
>>97861320
It's like normal Russia except instead of vodka there is only meth.
>>
>>97861339
No, fanfic writers do that. The current status quo for SCP-682 is a permanent acid bath, and a big 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on the front door. Any attempt to interact with it provokes a rage state, which usually results in it breaching containment.
>>
>>97861320
Gimme a bit to find it, but it's not anywhere near as exciting as you think.

Basically, Russia Religion'd so hard they accidentally made an approximation of Hell underneath some town in the wilderness. It wasn't actual Hell, since the demons went down to bullets easy enough, but it was enough that anyone that committed what it deemed to be a grave sin got regenerated over and over to be tortured.

Well, the Foundation dove in, kicked some ass, and Hell surrendered, and now the Foundation has a steady supply of Class Ds to experiment with
>>
>>97861315
What part of "The foundation has several methods to infinitely generate Class-Ds" do you not understand?
>>
>>97861339
SCP has redone it's image since the early days. "lolfoundation" is over, and the site is much more professional in tone.

You can see it if you go to older page revisions for the older SCP objects. Dr.Bright's amulet used to have a bit about Dr.Clef fucking him after he jumped out of the cake as a stripper, not knowing Dr.Bright was inhabiting her. Now it's just a funky amulet.
>>
>>97861320
>>97861379
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3667

Here it is. It's one of those "90% of the article is an exploration log" ones
>>
>>97861379
Reminds me of Underground London, the almost exact replica of Edwardian(?) London that gets less cohesive the further from the center you get, like a building constructed entirely from brass pipes, and the whole thing is populated by a handful of "Bobbies".
>>
>>97861364
That's just Estonia.
>>
File: 1343980080035.gif (762 KB, 300x170)
762 KB
762 KB GIF
>>97861401
How did I know that would be your exact response? How did I know you were that fucking ignorant of what you were talking about?

The fact that that section doesn't say 'OH NEVER MIND, WE FOUND A BETTER WAY OF GETTING CLASS D. NO POINT IN RISKING SECURITY BREACHES BY TAKING IN A BUNCH OF MURDERERS' shows that the Foundation doesn't use those fucking methods, probably because they're called SECURE, CONTAIN, PROTECT and not EXPLOIT PROFIT CORRUPT.

The Foundation is not the Chaos Insurgency. End of story.
>>
>>97849175
>>97852264
Pick three to make the shittiest thread possible
>thread derailed
>waifufags
>go back to /pol/
>>
File: field codes.jpg (346 KB, 923x865)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>97852264
>>
>>97861440
Oh they totally use those methods. The articles say they do.
>>
>>97861440
Why do you keep bringing up the Chaos Insurgency? They're just a bunch of terrorists, more or less; if you wanted to talk about ethical implications you should bring up the GOC or Marshal, Carter, and Dark. That's not even getting into the issue of SCP "canon" being nothing more than a loose consensus of tone and operation rather than explicit rules of function.
>>
>>97861480
Articles say lots of things. Most of those things are deleted during the purges.

Like the Hellpit example. I skimmed over it, and it was pretty unprofessional (specifically not blurring out several names, which is pretty standard policy). Anything in Series 4 is basically non-canon at this point, and should be considered as drafts until they survive the next purge. Unless you really think that hot garbage like SCP-3999 is a good idea.

Look, newfag, maybe when you've been around for a few years you'll learn the ropes of the SCP Foundation and how to tell a good article from a bad one; but at this point I really think you imagine the Foundation to be something more like a grimdark Section 13 from Jackie Chan Adventures. The SCP Foundation does not normally use the SCPs, however useful they may seem. That's Chaos Insurgency.
>>
>>97861517
Because the SCP Foundation and the Chaos Insurgency represent a difference in ideals about how SCPs are to be used. The Foundation doesn't want to use them, the Insurgency does. The Foundation doesn't want to destroy every SCP it comes across, the Serpent's Hand does.

All of these other organizations help characterize the Foundation. But perhaps you just want your big evil organization with a box of magic toys.
>>
>>97861517
Took me a few rereads, but I think what he's getting at is that the Foundation doesn't make vigorous use of anomalies like the Chaos Insurgency does.

Which is total bullcrap at this point, considering shit like 2000 exists
>>
File: 1324760508339.gif (637 KB, 175x120)
637 KB
637 KB GIF
>>97861525
>Canon
>SCP
>>
>>97861525
>things that prove me wrong don't count because i said so
>what are you a nufug?
pathetic
>>
>>97861539
Isn't the whole Thaumiel classification for shit they use to contain other shit?
>>
>>97861441
>Who was in the wrong?
>Waifufags
>samefag was here
>>
>>97861525
>SCP-3999
>Object Class: Apollyon
And that's all I need to know! Also it hurts my eyes, don't they have editors?
>>
File: 1452922254107.gif (1.07 MB, 500x264)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>97861555
>articles that are CLEARLY works in progress can be treated as final articles
>something that's not stood the test of time can CLEARLY be used to discount something fundamental to the entire setting itself

What can you do... What can you do...
>>
>>97860492
>D-class

Are we even sure he is classified as D-Class? I don't remember anybody ever uttering the words "D-Class" in the cartoons. In "In The Pines" short we see multiple actual D-Class personnel being killed by 173, and they wear the exact same orange suits as Conner and his friends\fellow inmates, but does that mean that Conner and the other anomalous guys are D-Class?
After all, while I can imagine a few reasons for which you would design different suits, I can also see why they would just use the same suits. There are thousands and thousands of D-Class people, and only a few hundred humanoid SCPs - you may as well use the surplus clothing. It's not like they can complain.

All in all, the way I saw it is that Confinement simply takes place in a satirical, more lax version of the actual Foundation. Imagine LOLFoundation but without the 13 years old style of humour.
This version of the Foundation doesn't see fit to recluse all humanoid SCPs, and they instead prefer them to live together and socialize, probably to improve their mental health.
This also explains why Conner is referred to by name, and not by number. It's more humanizing that way.

I mean, of course this is a justification, the REAL reason is that the cartoon would be much more boring if it was about a dude that spends most of his time alone in a cell room with no human contact whatsoever, contemplating suicide not because he wants to die but because it's just a way like another to kill time.
>>
>>97861525
They gave 076 a Task Force that one time, still canon to the article too. Samsara and The Scrubs are also anomalous MTFs. Several articles also have the Foundation using strong AI, which are still considered anomalous. Also pretty much everyone else uses anomalous objects, not just Chaos Insurgency.
>>
>>97861550
>canon
>things he likes

>non canon
>things he doesn't like

it's simple, don't be such a newfag anon

>>97861571
>don't they have editors?

it's called SECURE CONTAIN PROTECT, not EDIT SHITTY ARTICLES geez
>>
>>97861591
To be fair, 3999 is a hot mess.

It was a much more acceptable hot mess once I had it explained to me, but a hot mess all the same
>>
>>97861440
Man I read Scp Articles 1-3400odd something.

There's been a shit ton of times the Foundation uses SCPs. Just not to the level of CI.

Some examples (some will be vague because after 3000+ scps you forget which is which)
>Photograph Assassin woman
>indestructible skin to be used as armor
>Every Thaumiel
>That doomsday computer that sends an alt-you to another dimension that gets eaten by giant cosmic space dog
>That time travel thing that they use to avoid Keter scenarios
>The vending machine
>>
>>97861584
Shit, the Foundation keeps the infinite pizza box and the extra dimensional vending machines out so staff an use them. Them and the machine that kills a puppy and gives you a cookie.
>>
Friendly reminder that the foundation is evil by default for trying to seperate the supernatural from the world instead of educating the masses
>>
>>97861537
>The Foundation doesn't want to destroy every SCP it comes across, the Serpent's Hand does.
That's GOC, not Serpent's Hand.

>>97861563
Strictly speaking it's the classification for any anomaly that maintains the current state of reality or can be used to survive a K-class event, but in practice you're correct.

>>97861576
Then why have they edited and changed all the old articles so much?
>>
>>97861607
There's that camera that makes a picture of what the subject would rather be doing, and Everything in the 682 Decommissioning List
>>
>>97861612
This is true. The world should know that there are buses that are actually monsters looking to feed you to its young.
>>
>wonder what this is
>check
>has been a thing since 2007
>originated on /x/

Well now I feel silly
>>
>>97861571
Unfortunately because 3999's author was some sort of mini-Fishmonger and gave a sob story about how this SCP was 'MY FINAL ARTICLE BEFORE I LEAVE THE SITE, A RECORD OF MY OWN MENTAL HEALTH JOURNEY' and other stupid crap; nobody wants to fucking delete his mary sue.

I feel that if people like it as a story, it can be a story, but holy shit I don't even know what it's supposed to actually be. It's made even worse that the archive description labels it as 'man at the center of the universe' or something similarly sophistic.

This is why we have purges. This exact shit used to be so fucking common, but all anyone remembers is the hits like 682.

>>97861629
>Then why have they edited and changed all the old articles so much?

Why does the 'revert if edit does not improve' exist?
>>
>>97854477
Imagine being on the team that saw those
>>
>>97861612
it's called SECURE CONTAIN PROTECT, not EDUCATE THE MASSES
holy shit what a newfag
>>
>>97861612
They kinda are. There's one Explained SCP that was basically an 3D organ printer that they found in the twenties. The foundation studied the shit out of it and released the information to the world at large once it was understood and not considered Mad Science
>>
>>97861641
>Why does the 'revert if edit does not improve' exist?
Change it until it's popular, got it.
>>
>>97861641
3999 has a rating of almost 700. It's more than politics keeping that SCP alive.
>>
File: 1512020877712.jpg (67 KB, 640x461)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>97861643
If you're trying to mock me, maybe you shouldn't make correct statements while doing so.

>>97861659
Oh, if you think popular stuff doesn't get deleted, are you in for a surprise.
>>
>>97861667
Everyone already knows that the SCP wiki is a popularity contest mixed with massive user politics and drama.
>>
>>97861665
People probably like the story I guess. It's still not a good SCP article, and sets a horrible precedent.

Something can be good prose but not right for the site.
>>
>>97861630
Oh yeah!

Scp-500, duh.
That ipod shuffle that plays music you play in an alternative universe before alt-you suicides.
The dream wizard
I 'think' the foundation uses half the Wonderporium gadgets for their own uses, like the universe box for simulatons
>>
>>97861364
So Omsk, but everywhere?
>>
>>97861641
I found a pretty good explanation of just what the fuck 3999 is. "Good" as in "it actually explains it" rather than anything about whether 3999 is a good article or not

>SCP-3999 is an exploration of the relationship between author and character; it shows that the author is essentially a godhead to their own creations - they govern their universe, they can do anything they want to their characters. In essence, then, the mysterious 3999 is actually the author, the reader, the people from outside the narrative who watch the suffering of Researcher Talloran and want it to continue. We're genuinely interested in this--we want to let this still exist.

>The weirdness and nonsense is also, in a sense, the process of the author--the god--writing his own 3000 entry. He has all these ideas, these horror tropes, these things he wants to jot down, but he crosses it out over and over again, unsatisfied. He looks to 2432, 2845, and much more, but it all just gets lost in a sea of drafts and ideas.

>The author, in the quote box near the end, describes this exact process--of all the different concepts he had that he threw out, that the narrative he created was now consuming him. His character of Researcher Talloran was overpowering him - in the same way that was described in the in-universe explanation. Researcher Talloran killed his own story, and this piece, is "the restoration of things." It symbolizes that the SCP wiki has won, the SCP wiki has lost, that it is the center of everything that happens.

So the tl;dr is that it's a weird Meta thing about the creation process of writing an SCP article. Meta has been super popular nowadays and I think this was posted at the peak of it
>>
File: Slack_Manta.jpg (72 KB, 375x425)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>It's another episode of "Everyone was having a nice time until one autistic went haywire because someone contradicted his headcanon"
>>
>>97861686
1730 is a better example of that than 3999; 3999 would be massively improved by changing the format and tweaking some of the dialogue. Of course most of the SCPs that contain dialogue could stand to have it tweaked.
>>
File: 1495847485029.gif (1.65 MB, 300x196)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB GIF
>>97861696
>Wondertainment
>They sent the Foundation an SCP based board game as a gift, as thanks for playtesting all their toys and gadgets
>Genuinely a fun game when you're not on the Apollyon difficulty or Dr.King, and even rewards real money
>Added the condition that if the game isn't played at least once a week, the game will hit the shelves as the Foundation has obviously finished playtesting it
>Basically forcing the foundation to let its employees use their cool gift or else cause a containment breach

I fucking love that cheeky bastard
>>
>>97861716
Let's go back to topic.

I always took it that Containment was heavily non-canon (as canon as a contribution Wiki site like the SCP foundation can be) due to them putting a good chunk of scps as D-class (world man, corn man) as well as editting some SCPs to be not quite similar to their true counterparts (Ferdinand, the song and mutations).

That and I'm also pretty sure they have that in the video description. "Major artistic liberties." and "Inspired by..."
>>
File: 1509833940196.png (100 KB, 292x257)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>97861738
Fucking hell, I Dr. Wonderporium is possibly the single greatest person.

Their scps are always the best as well.
>>
File: JoelNo.jpg (36 KB, 640x640)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>97858206
>Hostile being
>You are being watched
>Pray while shooting
>Does not stay dead
>Get out fast
>Don't be taken alive
>D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶
>>
>>97859324
keep thinkin hes holding his dick8
>>
File: 1506152219952.gif (2.63 MB, 500x341)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB GIF
>>97861752
>Researcher John: It'll be fine. Just play a round with us, ok?

>Dr. King: We both fucking know what's going to happen.

>Researcher John: Come on, it's a card game. There's no way…

>Researcher John: Eighty-five, what… what are you standing on?

>D-85493: It's apple seeds. Just apple seeds for miles.

>Dr. King: (Incoherent yelling)

>Researcher John: Calm down, just draw your cards and we'll - oh boy.

>Dr. King: It's apple seeds, isn't it? All the cards are apple seeds, aren't they?

>Researcher John: I'm so sorry.

>Dr. King: I've drawn my hand. Oh boy, I wonder what I'll pick? I wonder what card I'll use first?

>Dr. King: (Shouting) Oh I know, I'll fucking use an apple seed! That will fucking work! Thats perfect! Perfect thing to use in a field filled to the fucking brim with fucking APPLE SEEDS!

>Dr. King: (Muffled sobbing)
>>
>>97861716
GOC is more ethical than the Foundation.

>>97861740
I think it's more for ease of narrative than anything with a side dose of thinking about things logically. Take Corn Man, outside his physiology there is nothing anomalous about him so aside from keeping him contained there is little reason to not have him interact with others regularly. Confinement's Foundation comes across as far more humane than the wiki's Foundation and that's important when you're using Foundation personnel as characters.
>>
File: 1476038423325.gif (3.26 MB, 640x266)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB GIF
>>97861792
>Winner: Dr. King and D-93017

>Victory Condition: Mr. Appleseeds

>Difficulty Setting: Safe

>Runtime: 75h 43m 29 seconds

>Payout: 400,000 appleseeds

>Game Summary:

>Map was a flat, featureless plane comprised entirely of appleseeds; only the top ten centimetres of appleseeds were loose, with the remainder compacted into a solid surface.

>All cards in both player's hands are variously coloured copies of "Appleseed".

>Dr. King uses a Green Card "Appleseed." A single appleseed manifests in the air next to D-93017. D-93017 begins searching the map; Dr. King draws a Black Card "Appleseed", manifesting another single appleseed next to D-93017.

>Researcher John equips D-85493 with a Blue Card "Appleseed"; a single appleseed manifests in D-85493's hand. Researcher John draws a Red Card "Appleseed".

>No remarkable events occurred for the following seventy-five consecutive hours, as all cards drawn and encountered on the map were universally colour variants of "Appleseed"; although Researcher John and Dr. King could identify map tiles containing Orange or Purple "Appleseed" cards, D-93017 and D-85493 were unable to distinguish their in-game appearance from other loose apple seeds.

>The game abruptly ended when Dr. King equipped D-93017 with a Red Card "Appleseed", thereby filling all available slots with various copies of "Appleseed" and achieving the previously unknown "Mr. Appleseed" victory condition. The room SCP-3301 was used in was progressively filled with an estimated 400,000 apple seeds following the conclusion of the game.
>Runtime: 75h 43m 29 seconds
Poor guy was stuck in there for three days. I dunno if he pissed on the grave of Johny Appleseed or what but this man has clearly been cursed by an angry spirit
>>
>>97861792
>there's a win condition tailored exclusively for Dr. King
For being an old man who is possibly going senile, losing his company to ruthless underlings, and having a dangerous disregard for personal and public safety of an alternate reality whose laws of physics don't work the same he really is a great guy.
>>
>>97861833
Woah hold on, there's actual PLOT for Dr.King? I thought he was just a running gag
>>
File: appleseed.png (327 KB, 500x769)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>
>>97861740
The song isn't actually supposed to be in English, but god damn if the version Bung used wasn't weirdly catchy. I catch myself humming that tune worryingly often.
>>
>>97861841
I was talking about Dr. Wondertainment.
>>
File: tenor.gif (2.02 MB, 360x202)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
>>97861792
>>97861829
>>97861861
The whole world was apple.
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2570

>SCP-2570-1 is the body of former musician Adam "MCA" Yauch of the musical group "Beastie Boys". Aside from not having decayed since Yauch's death in 2012, SCP-2570-1 is non-anomalous.
>SCP-2570-2 is a spiral dimensional rift located exactly five meters above SCP-2570-1's head, and will move with it. Periodically, incorporeal entities will attempt to exit through SCP-2570-2. These entities constantly exude a corrosive substance around them. Objects affected by this corrosion (including air) separate into their component parts before either dissolving or condensing into an equally corrosive liquid, further spreading the effect. As a result, the general area around SCP-2570-1 is usually engulfed in the corrosion. Pyrex glass, SCP-2570-1, and SCP-2570-3 are the only known objects unaffected by this corrosion. This process emits no sound.
>External acoustic rhythms have a negative effect on SCP-2570, its corrosion, and instances of SCP-2570-3. The rift either ceases expansion or begins contraction depending on the tempo, pitch, and tone of the sound in its vicinity. In particular, any music featuring the voice of musician Kanye West has a strongly negative effect on SCP-2570. West's voice also halts the corrosion, causing an inverse process where the corrosive liquid is recompiled into its original substance and/or retreats back into the rift. Instances of SCP-2570-3 are neutralized and reverted to their original selves. However, complete closing of the rift has been unsuccessful.
...What?
>>
>>97861869
Yeah that was one of the discrepencies I caught on to.

But yeah; catchy.

>>97861893
>>97861841
Yeah from all I've read I've pieced together that Wonderporium is going the way of all majorly successful former small-time companies. Get a big board of directors, become more company like, try to expand in more areas (note; that one videogame they tried) etc etc.
>>
>>97860785
That was actually a really good read, I would recommend it.
>>
>>97861869
Re-watching that episode, that was a huge risk they took letting him listen to it. What if the lifeforms that spawned from his corpse also respawned whenever they died?
>>
File: 1504052138908.gif (140 KB, 379x440)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
>>97861900
Adam Yaunch played in the Beastie Boys to keep the portal to hell closed, I guess.
>>
>>97861829
>Johny Appleseed is a demigod that does nothing but fucks with one particular guy on a multiversal scale
...I can get behind that.
>>
>>97861900
There are a couple that are just weird. The Shia LaBeouf one comes to mind, as do the early Fifth Church entries when it was a Scientology riff before it went cosmic horror.
>>
>>97861932
They've had Connor since he was a toddler. I feel like the rules of his anomaly are very well understood. He really does seem to be the perfect class D
>>
>>97861967
>>97861967
Or that one where they have Steve Jobs alive and imprisoned when it turned out some anomalous version of him was the one that died.
>>
>>97861967

Don't forget Tupac's Vigilante Music Ghost.
>>
>>97862015
I don't think that one is too weird. At its core it's simply a ghost giving a warning.
>>
>>97862015
Tupac's vigilante music ghost is one of my favorites because it's one of the best examples of the foundation getting too stubborn for its own good and paying for it.
>>
>>97862096
Foundation getting fucked over. Not from some keter thing but some euclid/safe level thing going "Fuck you Foundation"

I love it.
>>
File: 1513972494588.jpg (59 KB, 640x360)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>97862015
Let's be honest people only like that one because Max Landis wrote it.
>>
>>97862242

Does anybody even give a shit about Max Landis?
>>
>>97861607
you forgot their most powerful? MTF Achilles heel. basically a team of reality warpers
>>
>>97861793
>spoiler
Remember a chair anon
>>
File: 1509826634611.png (52 KB, 187x165)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>97861706
Meta was a mistake.
>>
The Factory was here

The Foundation is loser
>>
>>97861221
It made me wonder why they don't just send Samsara to all the big risk sites. The clown helping them out was neat though.
>>
>>97861738
>>97862877
>The immortal cyborg task force and the reality warping task force play together
Participants: Director Liam Deets and Sgt. Hannah Washington of MTF Omega-12, Agent Andrea Adams and Spc. Iris Thompson of MTF Alpha-9, Agent Sasha Merlo and Agent Clarissa Shaw of MTF Gamma-13, and Sgt. Irantu and Spc. Nanku of MTF Tau-5.
Game Board: Anantashesha's Domain
Winner: Sgt. Irantu and Spc. Nanku
Victory Condition: Mr. Finder
Difficulty Setting: Euclid
Runtime: 0h 45m 12 seconds
Payout: $602
Game Summary: The game took place in a heavily stylized replica of the SCPF Eremita. On the first turn, Sgt. Washington used her reality altering abilities to materialize a modified Colt AR-15, which she then fired at Spc. Nanku. Sgt. Washington was promptly admonished for apparent rule breaking and terminated by what appeared to be a giant flaming angel's sword. Spc. Nanku, despite sustaining multiple gunshots, was relatively unphased.
The game then proceeded normally until turn 14, when Agent Shaw discovered the hidden golden anomaly but was temporarily paralyzed by a cognitohazard that was protecting it. Spc. Thompson then proceeded to acquire the anomaly.
Before Spc. Thompson succeeded at containing the anomaly, Agent Shaw recovered enough to use her red card "The Nerfing Gun" to transform Spc. Thompson into an Orangutan. Spc. Nanku, who until that point had been occupied in a fistfight with a sepia-toned humanoid that self identified as "Murphy Law," then arrived and was able to contain the anomaly, and thus winning the game.

I love stuff like this!
>>
Why does Conner have to stay in a cramped room with two other SCP dudes?
Why not give him his own room? he's a helpful and useful SCP you think you would want to be on good terms with him.
>>
File: 83f (1).jpg (142 KB, 760x933)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>97861284
>The group that wants to destroy all anomalous objects is called the Serpent's Hand.
Well, teeeeeeeeeeeeechnically, the GOC are the ones who want to destroy everything supernatural with no hesitation whatsoever. The Serpent's Hand are basically the SCPverse version of human-rights activists but instead of "Rights For People!!", they believe in Rights For All Supernatural Entities!!", especially the salient or humanoid ones.
>>
>>97858545
The Gentleman Explorer Seaslug
The Gear Virus (though probably unlikely. He was changed by the Song of Genesis and only returned to his normal self once the source was gone. Potentially self-replicating gear conner would be a disaster)

The abyssal Typewriter (We find out Conner is technically D-69601)

>>97860427
Conner gets to go about wherever he wants in the facility.

Though, I do agree it is kind of shit. I'd offer guys like him a dorm or something where they at least get private rooms.

>>97852264
without going into the usual "Symbols have been compromised:
>Rooms move/area chances
>Does not stay dead
>Do not be taken alive

Best symbols I'd WANT to see obn a field mission:
>Not Hostile if left alone
>The Foundation has Been Here
>Safe Place to Rest
>>
File: shlogo3---Cutout2.png (554 KB, 1155x1216)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>97861612
Serpent's Hand, please go.
>>
>>97849175
can someone repost that draft they had for a Conner SCP-file? It was actually pretty cool.
>>
>>97860909
In the end they decided what may be the only method they could've chosen that didn't involve torture.
>>
>>97858383
>>97858855
>"Welcome to the SCP Foundation: remember, trust no one, not even us. ESPECIALLY NOT US! Now, let's move onto safety protocols!"

>>97849175
Post your own ideas for SCPs, /co/!
>>
>>97858458
>>97860656

I believe >>97851396 is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1619
>>
>>97864069
>Post your own ideas for SCPs, /co/!
Posted this in the last thread, but since this one is pretty dead right now, I guess I'll just re-post it;

>The general idea I had was a "Box" of sorts. Utterly massive, made out of some pitch black material that can't be penetrated no matter what's used against it. The Foundation would try numerous tests on it before finally deciding to chuck a bunch of D Class at it. Standard procedure, you know? The "Box" would then engulf the poor schmucks, seemingly erasing them from reality itself. Their existence could still be vaguely recalled and even somewhat acknowledged by others, but their history and identities prior to the incident would be utterly erased. The Foundation would then continue to test and experiment around with The Box, tossing in multiple D-Class, random objects, and even several MTF Units in a desire to understand it and just HOW it works.

The reveal would come from a message stating that "HEAVEN HAS FALLEN". All of the higher narrative spheres (per SCP 3812) have been annihilated in some gruesome War against *Something*, and The Box is ore or less a last ditch effort by the higher beings to contain something called an "Operator", an Omni-Narrative devourer. The Box is basically a highly specialized, metaphysical containment unit for an Entity that devours whole Narratives and Concepts, erasing them from the records of existence. The Box pretty much acts as a means of 'trapping' the Operator and preventing it from devouring the main Narrative by keeping it locked in a cage made of "false stories" which keep the Operator somewhat at bay, distracting it with meaningless existences to consume. Said prison is failing, and the War has been lost within the upper echelons.
>>
File: FlashForward.jpg (769 KB, 1280x719)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
>>97864532
That's some Secret World shit right there.

my own idea is kind of lame, really, I'm too fond of 'safe' SCPs and my best idea is:
>A full suit that transforms depending on the wearer and type of formal party
>Will impose impeccable and relevant party manners on the wearer by physically controlling the body
>Attempts at deliberately rude language will result in the suit giving 'warning chokes' to it's wearer
>Enough rude language and verbal behavior and the suit will strangle the wearer to death and pardon them from the party.
>once donned it will only be taken off after a formal event has been attended to from start to finish.
>>
>>97854562
probably half a dozen times, but it could also be extended to mean "don't take the bait" or "something is trying to lure you into danger" in a general sense
>>
>>97863778
that's the joke you witless goon
>>
>>97859709
>After seeing a few comments waiting for Bung Chronicals, I feel like I should watch it. Is it worth the watch Anon?
Yeah, it's a little rocky at first, but the quality picks up fast.
It starts out as his personal soapbox, but at time passes he starts to care more about telling an entertaining story than ranting about stuff.
>>
File: 0.jpg (441 KB, 1166x833)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>97858876
This is SCP-597, now
>>
I want a cute episode where Conner befriends 811 and they bond.
He dosin't even need to die it would be nice if Conner had a nice time with another SCP for once.
>>
>>97854567
Worse even, because there might also have been legit symbols mixed in with the fake ones, from before they learned that it knew them.
>>
>>97859324
They are both dying. They can't share the same environment as her.
>>
>>97859574
>one of their most valuable Class D operatives
I am pretty sure Connor is classified as an SCP, not a class-D.
>>
>>97864069
A futuristically-looking device salvaged from raid at appartment of some loony anartist. Pretty much just a bunch of tubes, lenses and buttons on an iron plate. It operates rather simple: you push any button, it starts to vibrate for a while, produces some sci-fi noices, some bulbes begin to glow and then stops. No reality warping. No disintegrating matter. That's it. The anomaly around this device is that there is no way to intervene into that process or to try fixing the device itself without harming its performance. Even dusting this thing makes the vibration weaker, sci-fi noises quieter, etc.
But that's not all, the journal entries left in the anartists (who has an hero under surveillance, btw) appartment say that this device was supposed to be an "ultimate destruction machine" to be used against the Foundation, but its creator completely flopped the creation process, so he had no idea if the device at 0% performance will just stop working or reboot and start working as intended. He even got the idea to GTFO into some other dimension before the Foundation partyvanned him, but seing as it's no longer an option, he took an easy way out.
>>
>>97865032
>tfw you’ll never get to wash 811’s hair as she babbles about turtles
>>
>>97864532
>A grotesquely large "man" with various growths all over his body. He was discovered in a cave beneath Pompeii dressed in Roman Legionnaire armor. He speaks fluent Latin and by all accounts is peaceful enough and will only lash out if someone mentions how the Roman Empire is no more. He claims that he served in the army of the Roman Republic and eventually served as Julius Caesar's bodyguard. He seems to be indestructible though he claims to have been gravely wounded by Arminius during the battle of Teutoburg Forest.
>>
>>97865032
>An episode opens with Conner feeding 811 and just talking to her
>At some point she gets excited and accidentally kills him and feels bad about it
>Bwoop!
>Conner is back and reassures he he's okay. Like always.

While you said he didn't have to die, in my head the idea of 811 basically being a semi-feral puppy to conner is cute to imagine.

Hell, in my head I can even see an official log mentioning: "Regular interaction with SCP-[REDACTED] (henceforth referred to as 'Conner') has proven to have a positive effect on SCP-811, reducing her aggressive tendencies, Conner is to be assigned to all SCP-811's feeding teams and is allowed casual visits with authorization"
>>
So, lots of talk about Confinement, but I don't see anyone comment on the Sedition files animation.
Did the Watch character exist before those?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXWz-j9Xlpezwrg3ak0pnsOVy6aSgnwhl
>>
>tfw empathize more with the GOC then SCP organization
>tfw most if not all anomalies are fucking indestructible for some shitty story reason or another
>still can’t understand how humanity is able to survive in a world of Mary Sue level god threats
>organizations like the serpents hand fucking exist
We gotta make bigger guns!
>>
>>97849175
>SCP in the current year
went to shit since every article wants to be edgy no fun allowed. editing any funny moments so they look like pro spookypasta fbi! wooooo
>>
>>97865686
>reading anything past the OG scps
>>
>>97865656

>tfw most if not all anomalies are fucking indestructible for some shitty story reason or another

I like to think that thi i because most of the dangerous shit that could actually be destroyed was already destroyed by the Foundation or GOC so they didn't get classified.
>>
>>97865656
enjoy getting killed by a chair
>>
>>97864069
Trombone of Apocalypse. It's made of pure gold and have no unnatural properties save the fact that it's loud. Like really loud. When it was played last time it was heard from Brazil to Chile.
>>
>>97865867
That's just how people from BR talk, nothing to do with the trombone
>>
File: stillbirthboats.jpg (209 KB, 650x412)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>97865656
The GOC are so fucking inept that they turned a completely harmless chair that teleported to anyone who needed somewhere to sit, into a pile of wood-splinters filled with pure rage that proceeded to kill them by directly teleporting into their lungs. They also caused the death of two living boats, by killing one of the boats, which caused the other, larger boat to accelerate to Mach 5 and fuck them over in Its dying action. All of this because of how fucking autistic they are, with their stance that "ALLSUPERNATURALRNTITIEMUSTDIEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". They are probably the biggest failures out of all of the GOI's.
>>
>>97865806
I get the whole “don’t go killing what isn’t hostile” but what irks me is how many of the scp’s just seem to render the whole scp world hopeless

I don’t get spooked so much as depressed when I read through all the scp files cause you’ve got death Godzilla on one end, planet eating sun on another, the super devil being held back by a wire thin chain, and multiple world ending cults all over the joint

I wish there were more fun or at least non fully hostile scps like the crazy bouncy ball or 811, but nooo every fucking scp entry nowadays is another XK class world ender if you so much as fart in its presence!
>>
guys, what are we gonna do about SCP-727-J?
it's probably the most dangerous one out there
>>
>>97865915
Nah the GRU or that one wannabe foundation that got fucked over by it’s own scps would the shittest of em all, In lore the GOC is one of the few groups that actually stands on even ground to the Organization if I recall. Though that’s mostly because they’re the only real military in lore, and they apparently get some sick tech. Yknow what I take it back, the chaos insurgency is the most shit of all groups.
>>
>>97858964
The invisible chick

She seems lonely
>>
File: COrA2NDVEAELbUr.png (133 KB, 700x420)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>97865686
I still find plenty of good SCPs being made.
And almost everything around series two is awesome.
>>
>>97865943
I subscribe to the headcanon that the SCP Foundation database is so busted and outdated the documents keep getting crossed with alternate realities. The Foundation doesn't really do anything about this because:
1. It'd be too labour intensive to cross check every single SCP to see which one corresponds to what number,
2. Easier to have instructions on standby should they ever find an SCP matching an alternate reality's description.
This also helps (at least seemingly) minimize the number of world ending SCPs as you could just easily say each one is canon to one specific reality rather than them all existing simultaneously.
>>
>>97866155
>lonely
She’s a nympho
>>
>>97866179
I like the idea that the SCP Foundation Database is a SCP, itself.
>>
>>97864069
A monopoly or rip off off monopoly by wondertainment that leads to heightened aggressiveness between people playing until the game is won or violence between players happens which is usually the outcome
>>
>>97860785
SCPs/stories that are good beyond their core concept are pretty rare. This one isn't too crazy or anything, but it's pretty great.
>>
File: 1514997218318.png (2.03 MB, 1062x1500)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>Japan has their own SCP branch.
>One of there SCPs is a literal SCP Idol girl.
>>
>>97866205
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-000
>>
>>
>>97861124
D class aint people fag
>>
>>97866317
So the Church of The Broken God is just Phyrexia, right?
>>
>>97866352
I mean, your not wrong
>>
>>97866192
Kleptomaniac. Huge difference.
>>
>>97866352
Yes, but less Genocidal.
>>
>>97864069
How's this for an SCP idea?

SCP "blank" The Parasitic husband."

>Their are a species of creatures that look like normal human males.
>There main goal in life is to find a female partner and impregnate her and create a family.
>Unknown to the female the semen that she is impregnated with does not belong to the creature in question.
>Somehow the SCP can harvest other human males sperm and use it as its own.
>The SCP in fact can not produce sperm and only uses sperm from other normal health human males.
>How it harvests male sperm is unknown.
>Once the female mate gives birth the male will attempt to be alone with the child while it is still an young baby.
>The husband will suddenly devour the child in a way that creates no form of mess of evidence of a murder.
>Once the child is dead the creature will throw up a large egg from its mouth.
>The egg will quickly hatch and a brand new baby will be created.
>This "baby" will look like the now dead child in almost every way.
>The husband will make it seem like the baby imposter is in fact the mothers child and will try to get her to bond with the imposter baby.
>This imposter baby is in fact another new born instance of this SCP.
>The baby will grow up in a few short years and leave the mother.
>The SCP will then attempt to breed with another women and repeat the process of the father.
>It is unknown how many of these creatures there are but it seems like they are growing in number.

Sound good or creepy to anyone?
>>
>>97864069
A fungus similar to Ophiocordyceps unilateralis that causes feelings of wanderlust as a form of propagation.
>>
>>97866376
No she’s actually a huge nympho, she solicits the guards for sex quite a bit. There’s even a note saying they don’t wana deal with an invisible pregnancy
>>
>>97860050
Hell, I would buy that game it sounds sweet. Would "Symbols have been Compromised" be a kinda "You're own your own, no extra help" Kind of scenario.
>>
>>97858206
>stay in the dark
>stay in the light
>don't trust them
>>
>>97861263
Psychic Megaphone?
>>
>>97864069
>Escalating War Machine
>Euclid
>a small working Tiger I (with anomalous discrepancies) tank that moves and acts on its own accord. its cannon is also functional
>Found and confiscated from a suburban attic; it was discovered after it shattered a window to fire upon a bee's nest hanging on a nearby tree. The residents of the house went up to investigate and seeing the toy-sized vehicle "patrol" on its own made them quietly withdraw and call the authorities
>Upon being interrogated, the child in the family admitted that he had found the tank there one day and thinking it keen, kept it a secret so he could play with it with his toys. But eventually, every time he beat/broke the tank, it would reassemble itself, but bigger and "stronger." The child stopped playing with it a few days ago due to one of its retaliatory blasts actually managed to wound him
>tests revealed that the tank does indeed regenerate and enhance itself when damaged, usually at a Geometric Rate of 1.5.
>the Foundation initially classified it as Safe as they believed, unless further observation proved otherwise, that just leaving it in a room with nothing to threaten it would serve as adequate containment
>a week later, it spontaneously (and exponentially) morphed into the size of a mature Welsh Corgi and shot a shell at its prison wall that not only breached it, but killed the observing scientist on the other side before it rolled out in search of prey
>Containment teams were ordered NOT to fire back and the tank was lured and sealed in a new cell by a remote controlled drone, which it summarily destroyed
>it turns out that without any hostile entities to go after, it started to regard its entire prison as a target, causing it to grow accordingly. In time, even without being fired upon, it may have regarded the entire base as a potential obstacle and would have grown even larger to accommodate the assault
>cheap model cities and toy soldiers are used to fool it into staying as is
>>
File: SCP-1027-RU.jpg (1022 KB, 1521x2028)
1022 KB
1022 KB JPG
>>97849175
>more and more "meta" entries are being written
>no one gets a kick out of them anymore
>people don't write about GoIs as often because they feel like there is nothing good left that wasn't done already
>Meat Curcus, a GoI from Russian branch that pretty much perfect for writing skips in a spirit of Series I and early Series II gets just a brief cameo in the form of SCP-1695
Is raising interest in International Translation Archive remains as the only way to save Series IV?
>>
File: heuP6EF.jpg (2.87 MB, 2448x3236)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>97866352
>>97866376
And somewhat benevolent all said. The Sarkics are more Phyrexia really. Just replace Yawgmoth with Yaldabaoth and all of the metal and Oil with Flesh.
>>
>>97858849
wh-why boner
>>
>>97866708
I like it, I admit I'm a sucker for tiny armies, like the play-doh soldiers
>>
>>97861147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xNmUNlJZtE
>>
>>97866762
>International
hurr durr what about le foreigners
what do you want?
SCP-brexit
>will teleport in front of yuropoors and stop them from being able to suck muslim cock
>>
>>97866708
this is the fucking shit right here.

In my head though i'm now wondering about tossing it at SCP-682 and then just watch what happens.

>tank keeps coming back bigger and tougher
>so does SCP-682
>Escalating arms race ensues between the two of them as they try to kill eachother.
>>
>>97866849
The planet, the solar system, and quite possibly the entire galactic cluster would be annihilated in the ensuing fight. It would be a sight to see in the initial moments though
>>
>>97866937
way to help deal with that:
>Throw them both into The Old Man's dimension
>The dimension collapses and all three SCPs are neutralized
>>
>>97865686
Just last month an AI taking the role of Santa was created as SCP
Just because some are grimdark shit doesn't mean all are.
>>
File: 1496029349340.png (278 KB, 471x517)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>97864069

I don't have any ideas but more "Are we cool yet?" SCPs please they're almost always interesting
>>
>>97866838
>Foundation is not International anymore
>actually committing to the Foundation spirit is is regarded by burgers as pandering to "le foreigners"
>they would rather have a dosen "haha, look at yourself reading this from the computer, ya shepee" skips then try to make a community better for the all members worldwide
>>
File: 1514473594758.png (3.29 MB, 2102x2701)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB PNG
>>97867008
>Still no Church of the broken god.
>>
what "disease" is he trying to "cure" anyways?
>>
>>97867039
heterosexuality
>>
File: DoctorfullbodyHD.jpg (56 KB, 645x1240)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>97867039
Heavily implied that the "disease" is Life itself. His "cure" is more or less him removing Life from the equation entirely, creating immortal undead from whatever remains.

>>97867126
Kek.
>>
File: 71416040852614p.jpg (136 KB, 478x478)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>97864069
Posted this on /v/ last week

A Danish Butter Cookie tin which turns everything you put into it into sewing supplies.
>>
File: 1488300395877.jpg (66 KB, 500x500)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>97849175
>my face when I reread 811 recently and remembered someone made her that way

whom'stve was he lads
>>
>>97866218
You don't need a supernatural Monopoly set for that. A normal one does the same thing.
>>
>>97867340
simple, I like it
>>
>>97858206
>contact lost with command
>you are being watched
>do not make eye contact
>>
>>97867033
Is there even a cartoon that has a machine cult?
>>
>>97867340
>While SCP-[REDACTED] can be used to make new sewing supplies and staff are permitted to do so, we would like to remind you to try looking for your sewing kits first instead of using SCP-[REDACTED] to make more. Last week we had five incidents of breakroom staff being stabbed from sitting on carelessly lost needles.
>>
>>97866439
How would you write a Containment for this?
>>
I like to think that the Confinement adaptation of SCP is run by Cave Johnson.
>>
>>97858206
>Stay together
>Team Member Vanished
>It is not human

It's the Thing all over again...
>>
>>97852264
The "Don't be taken alive" is fucking terrifying.A fate worst than death, and you're going straight to it.
>>
>>97852264
>Stay in the Light
>Stay in the Darkness
>Don't give up
As a writefag, that's fucking inspiring.
>>
>>97867039
I kinda always thought he was a plague doctor who decided that the only way to cure the black death was to simply kill the subject.
>>97867315
Also a possibility.
>>
>>97858822
It's actually Luke Skywalker after he landed in Earth.
>>
>>97866956
>implying 682 needs a dimension to exist
the fucker even survived plot manipulation
>>
>>97867315
how would he react if he met Dr. Bright or Connor then?
>>
File: KZGYKri.jpg (335 KB, 600x720)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>97867753
He would probably kill Connor at the start, then he would realize just how futile it is, and would instead resort to trying to talk to him about how the "disease" must be "cured" and that the Foundation is a symptom of it. He'd go full Excrucian on poor, sweet Connor. He likely wouldn't give much attention to Bright though, if only because Bright can't be swayed towards his line of thinking.
>>
>>97867727
At least they allowed that 2935 to kill 682 in that other universe.
>>
>>97867753
He would probably "cure" them both. Bright would be fine as soon as someone would take his medallion. Connor would be "cured" several times but after awhile 049 would just deem him as "untreatable" and leave alone.

On the side note, I am pretty sure that Bright and Connor alredy met and this is why there is "Good/bad twin" on Bright's list.
>>
>>97866260
>106
>096
>049
>682
>and dots
Okay, why the fuck is dots there? If the point was famous, dangerous SCPs go with Abel or 173 or even 079
>>
>>97868130
A lot of people like his design.
>>
>>97867822
>>
File: mathematics trench.jpg (403 KB, 1100x3300)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>97864069
The Mathematical Maze!
>a huge maze located in a desert or something
>Each path has a mathematical question with multiple branching paths with an answer at the beginning of each path
>The maze is designed in a way that you wouldn't get very far if you tried to brute force solve it and is always shifting, forcing people to solve the equations to progress.
> At first, it's baby stuff like counting and addition, but as you go deeper and deeper, the equations become tougher and tougher to solve. You'll go from stuff like basic fractions to hardcore stuff like pic related
>also as you go deeper into the maze, more fatal hazards are found on the wrong paths, thought they are still quite relatively rare
>Somewhere in the maze, there is a civilization of extreme intellectuals who base there entire society on maths.
>They claim that they seek to find the path to the center of the maze, that holds the ultimate mathematics equation.
>>
>>97866260
>start reading expecting SCP fan service
>lmao who cares about SCPs have braindead schoolgirls
Fucking hell, even that Yotsuba doujin was more satisfying to read.
>>
>>97866317
Are the stuff about groups of interest worth reading? I don't know who half of these factions are and they just scream bad super serious fanfic for me.
>>
>>97852264

I'm so sick of everyone sperging out over
>Symbols Have been Compromised
in every thread.
>>
>>97864069
Little bird, right? Like a sparrow or something, except whenever it lands on a building the weight of the building become less than the weight of the bird.
>>
>>97868899
but if anyone was able to come back to the real world or be able to share information stuff like the Rieman Hypothesis would be solved in an instant, that shouldn't happen...
very cool idea otherwise
>>
File: phyrexia.png (1.85 MB, 1920x1200)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>97867570
Not /co/, but this..
>>
>>97869089
It's better if you find them while casually reading.
>>
>>97869089
Just like most things with SCP, it depends on what story you're reading.

Personally I'm a fan of the UIU, they used to be purely a joke group but in recent years they've gotten more competent and it's interesting how they actively work with and help the Foundation. Also the idea that they're the only ones with official jurisdiction of anomalous locations on US soil is interesting.
>>
>>97865915
Part of it is because it's SCP Foundation not GOC Foundation. I get the sentiment behind it, but the chair article is poorly done and reads like something shitty DM would do to railroad his players. A member of an organization that utilizes anomalous objects finds a highly useful and otherwise inert anomalous object then immediately sets out to destroy it. Rather than taking it back to base for study and controlled destruction he instead rents a wood chipper and shoves it inside. At that point the chair, despite zero prior evidence to the fact, is revealed to be sentient, self-aware, and telepathic and immediately teleports into the lungs of the GOC agent to avenge itself instead of using its abilities to teleport away before it went through the wood chipper. Also it's indestructible, but can still be mulched by a wood chipper, so that even though it spends its days sitting in a pile of moist dirt it doesn't decay or degrade. This is used as proof that the GOC are stupid and the Foundation's tactics are better.

Meanwhile after decades of containment breaches, the Foundation finally decided to toss 076 into the bottom of the ocean. However, instead of just tossing him to the bottom of the ocean they built a special containment facility and fully staffed it, with its security system being a long empty hall with a gun emplacement and the facility automatically flooding with seawater should 076 reach the end of the hall, killing everyone in the facility. This is after they thought it was a good idea to put him on payroll, which was after the time they had to detonate a nuke to stop him.
>>
>>97864069
>The Infinite Egg Carton

Safe class artifact, a carton of [REDACTED] brand jumbo-sized eggs. New eggs appear in empty spots every time the carton is closed. The species of egg changes whenever the carton is completely emptied, with the size of the eggs adjusted to fit in the carton. Eggs created by the carton are non-anomalous for their species except for their size.
>>
>>97869089
On that list, the most entertaining group is Doctor Wondertainment.
His stuff is more comical and they have a strange, almost affectionate relationship to the Foundation and some of the SCP's.
That said, the "Misters" from Wondertainment does get quite dark, like Mr Life and Death.
>>
>>97869089
The Cool War is a pretty good story about a bunch of AWCY artists jockeying for more prestigious positions in the movement in response to another artist trolling them relentlessly.
>>
>>97867033
>>97867570
>>97869175
I'm ashamed it's taken me so long to remember them, but the Legion ex Machina from Big Guy and Rusty would be perfect.
>>
>>97869321
76 is honestly one of my least favourite SCP's.
It comes across as an edgy teenager's fanfiction, but it gets a pass because it's old.
>>
>>97855432
So why is the Serpent’s Hand bad again? From the few stories I’ve read, they don’t seem to be evil or malicious. What’s wrong with hanging out in an endless library with magicians and mythical creatures?
>>
>>97861441
>ignore trolls
>not shadman
>>
>>97869089
Later Fifth Church stuff gets interesting, Dr. Wondertainment has some good stuff, Anderson Robotics is pretty great, the Circus is pretty good but usually takes on a far more personal tone, CotBG has some pretty top notch articles and stories but you might get turned off by the direct they've taken in the metanarrative, the Sarkics are the same way, AWCY? is love it or hate it, UIU is always pretty nice, Serpent's Hand used to have it's own website like SCP.

>>97869278
I'm not liking the relationship that some writers are giving the UIU and Foundation; some of it reads like the UIU are the plucky sidekicks to the Foundation looking for headpats. The Three Portlands stuff is pretty great, if for nothing but the incredibly smug tone the UIU took when the Foundation discovered it, but kinda breaks with the "overworked, understaffed, unpayed underdogs" presentation of the UIU elsewhere.
>>
File: 1514868609332.png (90 KB, 320x320)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>97858206
>you are being watched
>guns are no good
>get out fast
>>
>>97869579
They're more embracing of anomalous entities and objects, attempting to liberate them.
Since they're not a focused group, some goals are more individualistic.
So while they might not all be bad, one of them might be stupid enough to free a particularly dangerous SCP.

>>97869748
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3301
>>
>>97869579
They're the metaphysical equivalent of the people who own nigh-feral dogs and let them wander around the neighborhood then get pushy and aggressive when people complain.
>>
>>97869104
if we're excited its becuse we havnt seen it yet

>>in every thread

i mean whos the sperg here?
>>
Can somebody tell me what happened to Site-13? I keep seeing it referenced as if something horrible happened there
>>
>>97869724
Yeah I really like all the Three Portlands stuff. I guess it can be justified in that unlike usual where the UIU is having to show up and provide assistance/do the menial work/pick up other group's messes, in Three Ports they're the ONLY GOI that's really operating on an official level so they have more equipment and resources to help protect the city. Unlike some other branches, Three Portlands is full of nonstop, constant anomalous craziness so it makes sense they're better staffed. And unlike the Foundation, the people actually trust and want them there.
>>
>>97869823
There is no Site-13.

It's a Foundation site from an alternate reality that got ported into the "home" reality by a partially functional failsafe mechanism.
>>
>>97869869
The sad thing is that you could logically combine the two presentations by claiming that Three Portlands takes up almost all of UIU's resources because if the UIU doesn't keep 3Port on lockdown the other GOIs are going to burn it down in one way or another.
>>
>>97864532
I'm thinking something along the lines of "the moon isn't real". By which i mean that at some point in recent history, an event took place which broke the moon into several large chunks, clearly visible from earth. The chunks are close enough together and maintain a synchronous orbit that the ecological damage was sustainable (and it would later be penned on global climate change)

The foundation hides this event by infusing memetic programming into every major cultural outlet; movies, radio, advertising, art, music. The programming overlays an older memory over your perception, and so people don't notice that the moon has changed.

Bonus points if the foundation actually had to fake the moon-landing to keep people from finding out
>>
What make me thinking is how much the people working (not the detainee, but the scientists and maintainance and cleaning crew) are free, once they are part of this mess.

Do they keep being allowed to have normal lives and have kids and family?
>>
File: Jerma_Woah.jpg (46 KB, 935x1008)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>97861999
>>97861967
>>97861900
Heck, there was on added just yesterday where it turns out John Cena is killing clones of himself in order to gain their superpowers

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3331
>SCP-3331 - With Apologies to John Cena
>>
>>97870018
Meant for:>>97864069
>>
File: GOI.png (3.44 MB, 2102x2701)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB PNG
>>97867033
>>
File: 0.jpg (6 KB, 170x170)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Is there at least some hints of what SCP 447 does when in contact with a dead body, or is it just a vast list of not-telling jokes?
>>
>>97870041
There are stories that mention stuff like researchers having families and what not, but with an implicit "if you tell anyone we will have to kill you and everyone you MIGHT have told, so please don't" hanging over their head.
>>
>>97870158
447 is THE [DATA EXPUNGED] entry. So I doubt that. But that's king of the point, isn't it?
Turns out that when SCP-447-2 comes into contact with a dead body it reanimates the corpse, which becomes incredibly violent and capable of spreading into other living being through physical contact. Last time it happened the Foundation lost two hundred and eighty-seven personnel before it was contained via site selfdestruct.
There. Was that better then [REDACTED]? No. Even if my idea wasn't horribly bad and cliche, nothing is always better than what you're imagining it is.
>>
>>97865472
I liked this idea so I went for it.

Item#: SCP-LXXIX
Object Class: Simpatico
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-LXXIX is to be contained in a sealed room measuring 10 m on each side. Room is to be furnished comfortably as a living area, along with whatever items are requested by the subject. Subject is allowed to leave his room by request and must be accompanied by at least one staff member.

Description: Subject is a humanoid male measuring at 3 m in height and weights 500 lbs. His large, grotesque body is covered in growths and scars that he claims were received from battle. The subject was discovered in ______ when archeologists discovered a cave underneath Pompeii containing the subject. The subject wears a large suit of Roman Legionnaire armor and claims to have been serving the Roman government for centuries even being the bodyguard to Julius Caesar, himself. He refers to himself as Eligius and speaks fluent Latin. Recently he has begun learning English, French, Spanish and Italian. Usually well tempered and even will invite staff members to join him for meals, his favorite guest being Dr. ______. It is imperative that at no point is anyone to mention that the Roman Republic, or subsequent Empire, no longer exists as the mention will cause the subject to be driven into a frenzy. While the subject seems to be indestructible he claims to have been gravely wounded several times on the battlefield in service to Rome as evident by the many scars on his body.
>>
>>97870158

Its a lubricant, maybe it cause corpses to become so goddamn slippery you can't get a hold of them and it such a bother to clean up that the SCP prefer to prevent the situation under the threat of death.

I mean I would be pissed off too if I had to run after a loose yet absurdly sliperry cadaver across the facility every time some dumb fuck scientist wanted to see what a lubricated carcass was like.
>>
>>97849175
choppiest animation i've ever seen jesus
>>
>>97870041
amnesics and surveillance, lad
or termination
>>
>>97870158
The closest thing we have to a hint is that when a cupful was put into 914 on 1:1, it made a dead body.
>>
>>97870065
I would have done the Robot devil, personally. But this is good too.
>>
>>97864069
some kind of photo booth that prints out pictures of whoever sits in it, sitting alongside anyone who theoretically might also have sat in it recently.
ie: a d-class has his picture taken, the picture also contains all the researchers and other d-class currently working on that project.
>>
>>97864069
A set of inactive artificial genes inserted into several human populations, meant to be activated for some sort of makeover once the different strains have spread
>>
>>97870351
The problem with the REDACTED stuff is that it's so overused and so poorly placed that it no longer adds anything because the reader stops trying to fill in the blanks because it's obvious the writer had no idea what to do. It's basically shorthand for everything wrong with writing a SCP article at this point.
>>
>>97870374
6.5/10.

It's ok.
>>
File: SCP-096.png (689 KB, 739x554)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>97870403
So SCP 447 is made out of dead people? Huh, checks out.
>>
>>97870351
>Even if my idea wasn't horribly bad and cliche, nothing is always better than what you're imagining it is.
The true art few actually master is to be able to build the hype, and then be able to exceed it when you show the real deal.
>>
>>97870497
914 can sometime provide karmic equivalent, even if they aren't really the same thing.

That compound of clockwork literally bring down matter to molecular level and reassemble it. It can literally make anything into everything.

So it's not really correct to assume that one thing coming out of it is made of what came in, once you go beyond the Coarse setting.
>>
>>97861003
>SCP-231
You need to read SCP-2317 and it will clear up everything about 231 for you.
>>
>>97869089
>Dr Wondertainment: artificial scps with a humourous tone
>The Factory: artificial scps with a dark tone
>MCD: black market merchants who deal in SCPS, usually darkly humourous and quite interesting
>The Circus: somewhere between dark humour, surreal horror and tragedy
>AWCY: artificial SCPS with a pretentious artsy tone, usually somewhat satirical
>The Fifth Church: surreal horror, some of the best on the site
Those are the ones I've dug into
>>
File: 0.gif (2.15 MB, 500x281)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
Is there any existing SCP that basically work the same way as the Tryskelion in Little withc Academy?

I really find interesting the concept of a magic wand with real magical power, but with only the ability to make materialise cheap magic trick out of thin air, making everyone seeing it in action thinking it's a big phony joke.
>>
File: 23572935823.gif (2.76 MB, 337x300)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB GIF
>mfw I just found out there are language specific SCPs in the translated wikis.

Aw. Shit.

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna get my gas mask and vodka and read some ultra rare russian SCPs.
>>
>>97861633
fuck off newfag
>>
>>97861633
>originated on /x/
Did it? I was quite certain, it had first grown a bit before 4chan noticed it.
>>
>>97867340
As a dane I can relate all too well
>>
>>97870760
nope it all started with a single post on /x/
then people thought the style it was written in was interesting so a couple of copies were made and as sometimes happens a website was set up to host those few works

happens all the time on the site, the only strange thing is that it didn't die a quiet death after 2 months
>>
File: db0.jpg (231 KB, 1024x719)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>97870760
The SCP Foundation got it's initial start on /x/, but after a while it quickly migrated over to it's ow website as /x/ became more and more infested with cancer. The Foundation ration was probably one of the last few few genuinely good things to emerge from old /x/ before it turned into what it is today.
>>
>>97869823
There was dimension next door. In which something big died in Indian ocean (either bathtub whale-eater or amnestic eel). Noone knew what do with corpse so Foundation scraped plans to bulit Site-19 in Midwest and bulit Site-13 in Alaska. And it was massive, more massive than anything bulit before it. And it was costly. So costly that it made Foundation go bancrupt. And after one too many containment breach, GOC annexed Foundation in 90s. It was kinda ok for a while but then GOC went full autistic with SCPs and after they learnt everything about them they just burnt them. And then they shamed and almost killed one doctor that went "Dude, it's not ethical" so she did not push "Burn it" button when they throw her retaded leech-kid SCP into incinerator. And leach ate blood of killed SCPs. And grew. And fuck Site-13 to the point of near total breach. And considering fact that they contained there Gate Angel, Actual God and Deer God among others director decided fuck it time for plan Z and used experimental device to send site 13 to another universe.
Site 13 ended up in mainverse Mexican border, Foundation sent like three MTF units there, they saved some people who were still alive but they used extradmensional device yet again after superleech and Gate Angel started to brawl in upper levels. So Site 13 is in yet another universe noone knows where.
>>
>>97870950
dude how do I summon a succubus, none of my 11 tulpas know
>>
>>97870929
>>97870950
Any of the organosation is something similar to /x/, calling themselves the true founders and hating the SCP organisation for escaping their control?
>>
What the fuck was the point of the robot stabbing Connor in the first place? Just to confirm he's immortal at all? Some sorta borg-style nanite injection to put his mind into Connor's body? what the fuck?
>>
>>97870641
there was that 5 year old girl reality bender who was convinced by the foundation that she was a magical girl who needed "training" for her powers

i think she's in a coma now though
>>
>>97871031
The robot didn't know that Connor's immortality is just him reappearing next to his corpse.
I think he intended it as a form of torture, to break Connor so he could take over his body.
>>
What's the most powerful SCP that's not 2935?
>>
>>97871026
not at all, the original work is very much respected but the site acknowledges it's grown beyond 4chan
it's not like it came from one of the major boards like /a/, /b/ or /v/
>>
>>97871055
No, she can literally do anything.

i am talking about a wand that literally can only materialize cheap tricks and nothing else.
>>
File: M447VjS.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>97870535
914 Is The Ultimate Troll. None can compare to it's mastery of japes, trickery and indirect manipulations. Just don't put utterly stupid shit in it, lest you wish to have a primed nuclear bomb to the face for your troubles.
>>
>>97870049
>SCP-3331
>"Investigation of John Cena's home revealed a hidden basement equipped with a makeshift wrestling ring. Buried beneath the ring was a mass grave filled with the bodies of 15 other SCP-3331-1 instances in advanced states of decay. Each appeared to have died from extreme trauma consistent with injuries sustained during wrestling. A number of the corpses continued to display evidence of anomalous properties."
He didn't just kill his clones, he wrestled them to death.
>>
File: 1502074470732.png (410 KB, 600x736)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>97870049
>you cant see me
>>
>>97860785

Exploration log based SCPs are always top notch.
>>
File: 0.jpg (148 KB, 500x500)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>97870641
While we are talking about safer SCP, I also like the concept of a cheerful teenage girl who love colorful stuffs, but end up looking like a goth girl after 30 minutes liek she just went out of Hot-Topic, and after several hour, any room she is in turn into an edgy teenagers room with fake spider web and cheap "dark magic" trinket.

for the sake of observing the effect, the SCP organisation will provide her from time to time with a new make-over for her to look just the way she like, while providing her with a room full of cutesy stuffs and decoration like it cam straight from a MLP show and observe the changes.

she will always express frustration as she keep thinking that this time "it will not happens". She has a Valley girl accent who sometimes get altered with a darker more monotne bit when there is too much time before the next make-over.
>>
>>97869957
Wow ha that actually makes a lot of sense. If the UIU didn't keep a constant watch on Three Ports then every other organization would immediately start going batshit on/over the city. The GOC would probably nuke them from orbit.
But yeah stuff with the Hoover Mandate is interesting, how it both restricts their area of control but also gives them special, legal jurisdiction not afforded to other organizations.
>>
>>97871421
So, her mood is dependent on her wardrobe?
Seems like it could get interesting if you threw a few Halloween costumes on her.
>>
>>97871080
SCP 239 is probably the most powerful SCP in the foundations catalogue
Is she wants something to happen it will happen.
Heck even in the foundation will never do it because its so dangerous they could maybe tell her to wish every SCP gone and she could do it.
>>
>>97871487
>So, her mood is dependent on her wardrobe?
No, her mood isn't altered, just her look, but her mood is affected by the fact she can't dress the way she want.

Her tone having some "depressed" inflexion if let without make-over for too long (two months), isn't reflective of her actual mood and actually sound fake when heard.
>>
>>97851898
Whens the damn next episode?
>>
File: 1495812739924.jpg (55 KB, 474x531)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>mfw When someone says "The Foundation are the good guys."
>>
>>97871421
>30 minutes liek she just went out of Hot-Topic, and after several hour, any room she is in turn into an edgy teenagers room with fake spider web and cheap "dark magic" trinket.
>>97871539
I think the timespan is a bit too short.

Her cloth turning into Goth clothes should rather take several hours, almost a day. The change of her room should take a week or something.

It has to be slow enough that she doesn't notice when alterations happens.
>>
>>97871603
It was only two weeks ago dude let the man do his thing.
>>
>>97871620
The foundation aren't the worst guys.

They are as bad as a legit government.
>>
File: 1502637188453.png (794 KB, 947x644)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>>97871603
>Lord Bung is too busy posting in SCP threads to work on the next ep.
>>
>>97871620
they're not the good guys, but they're undeniably necessary
and really, if you fight the supernatural without having magical solutions ready, shit gets a really dark shade of grey real fast.
>>
>>97871537
>she made Santa Claus a real SCP
this makes me happy
>>
>>97871868
Isn't he just an hobbo who turn the people he give "present" to into eggnog or something, though?
>>
>>97858964
>literally like a hundred waifuable SCPs
>not a single QT twink SCP
Defend this, /co/.
>>
If the SCP organisation is private, how come they have US military people in their personnel?
>>
File: 19651741_p0.png (568 KB, 835x630)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>97871884
He's not Santa he's just a hobo in a Santa suit who pisses booze.
>>
>>97871952
But that's the Santa she created, isn't it?
>>
>>97871926
Their is SCP 073
>>
>>97871959
Why would she make his bodily fluids a deadly Irish Cream?
>>
>>97871952
are jackalop SCP.

I'd really like to see a log entry about it basically saying "I really don't see the point of concealing this. It's just a rabbit with antler, it does nothing special. Fuck, it naturally evolved from [REDACTED], and anyone studying it can figure it out in a short-time. It's almost as if people here want to keep it's existence secret as some sort of big joke."
>>
File: 1511834875557.png (222 KB, 640x553)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>97871926
Conner is a pretty cute shota.
>>
>>97852264
>You walk into a field of operations
>A series of amateurishly built, but impressively interconnected fallout shelters in a small neighbourhood in Wilmington, Delaware.
>[The Foundation Has Been Here]
>This makes sense. You're just doing a routine check on a contained phenomenon.
>[alternate reality entered]
>[space/distance distorted]
>This, too, you know from the file. It's new, unfiled, but the notes were handed to you on the flight over.
>Something about navigation devices ceasing to work.
>Layout of rooms has not been observed to change, but lengths and heights get out of whack when you're not watching.
>Tethers are attached to your suit, to avoid disorientation
>[You are being watched]
>This doesn't fit with what else you knew.
>The shelters don't have any animate subjects...
>You enter a large hall or room. There are seats surrounding a long table, and armchairs in the corners of the room.
>One long wall has four symbols chalked onto it, in sequence.
>[Voices heard here]
>[Equipment Failure]
>[Room Clear]
>[Safe Place to Rest]
>You ease yourself down into a chair. It makes a sighing noise. So much for voices. Someone must've just spooked themselves out.
>Your eyes are heavy, you look around one more time. God you're tired. Why are you even here?
>Why is there a black stain under the table?
>You bolt up, snapping out of your weariness
>Something has been scrawled by tracing a finger through that putrid, tarry black ichor.
>[Symbols have been compromised]
>You give the double-yank on your tether, signalling the ops team at the entrancing to start pulling you back.
>The cord is slack.
>By the light of your headlamps, you can follow the tether, from your belt, along its length, to where it was shredded apart,only 20 feet away from you.
>The end of the tether has come to rest in a small, maroon pool you must have unwittingly stepped over as you walked in.
>With shaky hands, some previous agent had written a last warning.
>[Don't be taken alive]
>>
File: Spoiler Image (18 KB, 246x246)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>97871926
Does 999 count?
>>
>>97872007
She turned an hobbo into Santa and didn't thought it through.
>>
>>97855461
053 causes people to go crazy and try to attack her but is it possible she has the exact opposite kind of influence on SCPs? Why else would 682 act so docile towards her?

Has the foundation ever tried to experiment with 053 interacting with other SCPs? You'd think the Foundation would want to capitalize on a natural SCP tranquilizer. It would also create some more cute scenarios.
>>
File: 1513204352172.png (266 KB, 706x542)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>97872024
>When Conner was a shota they tested him on SCP 166.
>Years later thanks to amnesiacs Conner dosin't remember that time he and 166 [DATA EXPUNGED]......
>>
>>97871537
>a loli is the most powerful SCP
>>
>>97872080
>SCP 999 sees anime.
>Changes into this.
>Starts trying to date foundation researchers.
>>
>>97872144
Having an scp rendered docile isn't really that useful when you can't interact with it while she is in the same room.
>>
>>97854562
kids are never just kids.
>>
>>97872196
Yeah but I mean have her transported to the area of a containment breach or where a new SCP is located and is proven to be too powerful and wild for C-Class Personnel to contain.

Just have 053 work her magic and the foundation would save a ton on money and resources with capturing/containing SCPs.
>>
>>97872159
Eh, 239 is very powerful, but she isn't the MOST powerful. Beings from higher narratives (such as 3812 for instance) can easily crush her, and because of her overall age and naivety, other high-tier reality-warpers who have more experience and knowledge can effectively counter her, such as 343 (who is actually her teacher in matters of divinity and reality manipulation)
>>
>>97872319
It would be kinda cool to see what the Foundation would do if the met a reality warper who bonded with a normal human.

>Little child with powers is discovered at first by a teacher/parent.
>Freaked out, the figure attempts to teach them how to hide/control their powers to varying degrees of success
>Foundation discovers the exsistance of the child
>Child will not go anywhere without the figure, who believes the foundation is going to disect/kill the child because they watched too many horrer movies.

Would the foundation kill the figure and try to handle a reality warping child seeing their most loved figure die? Would they try and hire the figure?
>>
>>97872644
Horror*
>>
>>97870041
Yes.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/family-disclosure-protocol
>>
>>97870728
>muh sekrit club
>>
File: Spoiler Image (74 KB, 350x350)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>97872644
sounds like the start to a saturday morning cartoon actually

>foundation discovers child and realizes any sort of extraction is more trouble than it's worth
>they send an agent to move in across the street and monitor the situation
>the figure is aware of the foundation and has to keep the child from doing anything too crazy or they'll get taken away
>the foundation agent knows the figure knows
>the child has no idea what is going on
>cue weekly shenanigans
>>
>>97872786
I wonder what SCPs Star would befriend.
>>
>>97872644
It depends on how much of a fucking moron the person who makes the call is.
>>
>>97872806
Well 999 likes everyone. Although I can't help but wonder about that one kid that everyone hates but the unkillable lizard.
>>
File: Cogwork Orthodoxy.png (23 KB, 524x521)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>there are people here who don't serve MEKHANE
what's it like being a failure at life?
>>
>>97870384
I mean, its done by one guy
I've seen choppier on nuCN shows
>>
>>97872915
>tfw you realize serving MEKHANE is the only way to ensure that Very Bad Shit present happen to you or your loved ones in the SCPverse
Is Mekhanism the only hope for Mankind in this world?
>>
File: Mekhane witness.jpg (58 KB, 619x461)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>97873024
who else will stop the FLESH from doing all kinds of nasty shit to the world?
Mekhanism is our only salvation
>>
>>97873196
>scpballs

got any more of them
>>
>>97873266
enjoy
http://www.scp-wiki.net/goi-ball-comics
>>
File: 1513466988430.png (93 KB, 288x240)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>97870638
The fifth church was one of my least favorite GOIs.
And then someone wrote that fuck self help book.
>>
Would you love a cybernetic mosquito enough to have it's cybernetic mosquito/human hybrid children?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3774

this is honestly one of the saddest and most tragic SCPs that I've become aware of
>>
>>97873432
That was weird and sad.
>>
>>97867033
How about one with 4chan boards?
>>
>>97872702
>>>tumblr
>>
>>97861633
anon you goof
>>
>>97873668
Do you think that's possible?
>>
>>97873196
Y'know, the Church can be a morally grey at times, but the Maxwellists seem like an all round good group.
>>
>>97873803
Is worth the shot if you believe
>>
File: scp wifi.jpg (616 KB, 700x5289)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
>>97873822
>Maxwellists
try not to get COGGED
>>
>>97873999

>The promised LAN

AYY LMAO
>>
Uhhh okay I know very little about the scp foundation, but these threads have gotten me into it. Here’s my idea.
>file: scp (######)
>code name: inkwell
>scp was discovered in [REDACTED] thrift shop in the tiny town of [REDACTED] California.
>the field team was able to acquire it without incident, as the owner sold it to them for 5 dollars.
>from there, it was an easy progression to the [REDACTED] field site.
>only one of the field team duo returned
[description]
>scp (#####)-1 is a standard glass inkwell, of the type that would be used to fill a fountain pen. It has a thick rubber stopper (note: if the stopper is removed, its location is to be heavily observed at all times. if we lose it we’ll never find it again and we’ll have to buy a new one. )
>currently engraved on the front of the inkwell is the smiling face of scp (#####)-4. Before they existed, it bore the face of (#####)-3. The change in engraving went unnoticed until the yearly anomaly dusting.
[effects]
>the ink inside the inkwell seems normal. It flows and sticks and moves in all senses like perfectly ordinary black ink.
>upon contact with paper however, the ink will fashion itself into a white glove with 4 fingers (scp (#####)-2, of the sort frequently seen in old animation, like the classic short [REDACTED].
>the glove is non hostile, but is to be considered very dangerous.

Should I dump the rest of it?
>>
Who would win in a fight, SCP-1364 (Ultra-Vulnerable Mammal) vs SCP-1370 (Pesterbot)
>>
>>97874350

Can't be judged without the whole story anon.
>>
>>97874389
Okay. As I wrote it it got pretty long.

Any sightings of scp (#####)-2 Are to be reported immediately, where upon they will be dealt with by security agents. If reporting is not available, they can be dispersed via paint thinner. Despite the panicked test of dr Franz, they cannot be dispersed via orange soda.
>instances of scp (#####)-2 act amiably, happily participating in games of scissors paper stone, thumb wars,and the creation of various shadow puppets when provided with a light source.
>they will however, seek out those one would designate as “weak of will”, and offer them a contract.
>scp -2’s contracts are penned on the spot from the same ink that makes it up. An examined contract read as such:
CONTRACT!
I, the reader of the contract belonging to the one and only Comic Hand, do hereby agree to the terms of the contract and any contractual obligations held within* in exchange for the joy my sad heart lacks.
____________ sign here!

>When questioned about the asterisk and the “contractual obligations”, scp-2 will respond with an upwards palm, in a shrug like motion. If pressed, it will eventually yield and begin penning more contract.
>This is warned against, as the extended contracts paper will continually unfurl as the hand writes. The extended contract appears to mostly consist of the words “blah blah blah”, “yak yak yak”, and “yadda yadda yadda”, with occasional references to the readers immortal soul.
>Any attempts to read the full contract have lead to the room being filled with paper and the forced dispersion of scp-2 under fears of suffocation of researcher.
>the contract had been signed twice.
>once by the missing member of the field team who retrieved the object, and once by a supervised class D operative.
>the hand picked him out of a lineup and promptly offered him a contract, which he was authorized to sign.
>see attached recording.
>>
>>97874497
D: uhhhh... it’s offerin me a pen.
Dr: don’t worry, you’re allowed to sign.
D: alrighty then.
D accepts the old style pen from the glove, and signs his name. As he does this, the glove seems to perform a victorious fist pump.
D: Okay, I signed it.
The glove floats down from where it’s hovering and rests itself on D’s head. It begins to palm his scalp.
D: what’s it doing?
Dr: I have no idea.
D: I don’t... feel too good.
D clutches his stomach and leans forward, before vomiting a large puddle of black ink.
D: oh god, it’s all over me! Blech!”
The hand is still in place.
D vomits again, this time reaching all the way to the wall. The ink has splattered onto the observation window.
D: oooh... golly gosh.
Dr: d? Are you alright? We’re having trouble seeing you.
D: gee willikers, this stuff is everywhere...
The observation window is covered in another wave of ink. The inside of the room is now completely obfuscated.
D:ooooooh... heehee!
Dr: d? Security, pull him out of there!

The recording ends there, but the following containment breach was summarized in an interview with a surviving security officer by the name of [REDACTED]

“We opened up the door, and she just came flying out at us! There was ink everywhere...
She had like, a hammer? I think it was a hammer. I don’t know where she got it but it was like big wooden mallet. She hit Steve with it and his head just collapsed. Like a cake.
She looked damn weird. Like, two dimensional but not. It was like a nightmare where I was being attacked by one of those old black and white cartoons my grandpa used to watch.
When she ran off down the hall, al took off after her, but the hall was actually just a picture of the hall painted there and he ran into it and exploded.
Just Al, everywhere.
I turned a corner and she appeared and handed me a bomb with a lit fuse.
It said merry xmas on the side.
That’s why I haven’t got legs right now, by the way.
>>
>>97874524
I don’t know what happened after that, but from what I understand they doused her in paint thinner and she just... vanished.
All that was left was her shoes.”

Other witnesses, as well as camera footage confirm the figure (scp (#####)-4) that killed several security officers did so in such outlandishly comical ways as were reported. The figure itself was almost like a living cartoon. Exaggerated in proportion, and devoid entirely of any color besides black white and grey, with rubbery, hose like limbs and a pair of gloves resembling scp (######)-2. Scp-4 was successfully neutralized, but her grinning face has since engraved itself upon scp-1.
D was nowhere to be found after the incident.

Scp (#####) is to be considered highly dangerous, and its stopper is never to be removed unless supervised and prepared for the worst. Any individuals who could be tantalized into a deal with scp (#####)-2 Are to be kept away from any instances of them or the contract, at risk of another “toon massacre” as the security department so calls it
>>
>>97874350
>>97874497
>>97874524
>>97874542

I like it. Now dp it in the format

Safe, I assume.
>>
File: 1512354481719.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>97874355
I would say Pesterbot, but you made me imagine this.

>1370 introduced into 1364 containment cell, told that 1364 has issued a challenge for title of ultimate death bringer, 1370 engages combat.
>1370 attempts to clasp and pick up 1364 by the head, 1364 becomes distressed and proceeds to try and wiggle away from 1370's grasp.
And then its either...

>1370 is then flung violently across the room by 1364's wiggle, completely immobilized and shown to be dented, 1364 slightly harmed by the loud sound made from 1370 being slammed into the metal wall, some of its fur still on 1370's hands.
>Researcher Notes: "I feel bad for putting 1364 through distress, but i'm saving that recording of 1370 being whipped across the room."

or

>1370 manages to pull off a chunk of 1364's fur as it frees itself, it attempts to grab onto 1364 again, but 1364 proceeds to run around the room avoiding 1370 at all costs.
>One research plays Benny hill chase music.
>Test ends when 1370 ends up tripping over itself.
Pic related every researcher involved with authorizing and conducting this test.
>>
>>97874693
I’ll write it all up in format eventually. Plus an account of the encounter with -3.
I don’t know if it’s safe. I don’t know anything about the classification levels so I don’t know where “can potentially turn people into insane cartoon murderers but only if you open it up and fuck with it.” Falls.
>>
>>97854146
Which would be worse, "Symbols are Compromised" written by the SCP, or by the security forces?
>>
>>97874961

At the end of the day it's simply an inkwell and will remain a normal inkwell as long as you don't spill it on paper. And even if it happens, the hand will either be friendly or offer the contract with no compulsion effect.

Put it in a locker and you're done with containement. It's safe.
>>
>>97870049
So that Jackie chan movie?
>>
SCP idea:
>The Corpse Nurse
>The corpse nurse is basically a mummified body of a nurse hooked up to an EEG. When asked or even shown any medically related question, 'brainwave' activity on the EEG will beep out an answer in Morse code. Despite the Corpse Nurse wearing a uniform from the 70s, her medical knowledge seems current, even cutting edge albeit with a few unorthodox twists.* It's not known how she 'sees' the medical questions or even stimulates the EEG as both her eyes and brain have long since rotted away. The Corpse Nurse is on loan to the SCP's medical division.

*alternatively maybe the nurse reccomends really out-of-date treatments and/or ones that seem to be from other dimensions.

that weird feel when you get an idea for an SCP based on your own mom's ability to become insanely cognizant no matter how drunk, tired, doped up, and/or sick she was.
>>
>>97870049
Oh my god this is amazing.
>>
>>97854448
It's essentially become a meme at this point akin to any TV Tropes "nightmare fuel." Essentially, it's a thing that's really not very frightening that /co/ is trying to turn into DA SCURRIEST THING EVAR OMG YOU GUYS!!1!!
>>
File: 1477246414833.jpg (26 KB, 310x278)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>97874943
>One research plays Benny hill chase music.
>>
>>97875768
your seriously saying that if you were ass deep in anomaly and your only form of safety or information was the symbols left by other foundation troops, you wouldn't shit yourself if you found a symbol that meant you couldn't trust any of them and you now have a 90% chance to die?
not being able to trust your only info in a situation like that would be terrifying.
>>
>>97861738
Plus all those corgis as employees Speaking of which..

LONGCORGI!
>>
>>97861591
Canon there is bullshit anyway. I remember someone writing a fic where the Unusual Incidents Unit(The buttmonkies of the SCP world) admitted that they were a joke and told newbies how to keep from getting fucked over. The forum there savaged the writer and Dr.Clef, who made UIU said 'You are bad and should feel bad' So unless you are SCP/GOC you are nothing.
>>
>>97861792
Wondertainment was hilarious in the Ressurection Canon as well. Foundation tried to use the Little Misters like Iris the camera girl and it was a non stop troll train as every attempt failed.
"Mr.Lost is on the Moon living in the old eagle module'
>>
>>97861921
Tragically, the entire board of directors was mauled to death by corgis
>>
>>97876729
I like some of the guy's work but clef is a straight up cunt
>>
>>97862096
Assassination of Thought is also a great one of the Foundation getting it's ass handed to it. Double awesome because said 'Idea Girl' seems to just want to fuck over the Foundation and just chills in other people's heads.
>>
>>97874961
Classification is almost nothing with danger to humanity but ease of containment and total understanding. A nuclear device is considered safe because, despite its enormous capacity for destruction much greater than a fuckton of SCPs, can do nothing on its own. It can be shoved in a basement for generations and nothing will ever come of it. It requires active attempts of disabling safety measures by a 3rd party to even pose any threat.
Euclids are bigger threats simply because the full extent of what they're capable of is not known so containment measures are not complete. Euclids could still luck their way out and pose some threat or just threaten the idea of normalcy. Keters are the highest threat only because they're the lot that are actively attempting to escape or cause massive damage. The only reason why it seems like a danger meter is because its hard to be a keter when you lack the power to actually threaten getting out. Until the whole 4 pixels incident 096 could have been classified as safe.
>>
File: 1483687371016.jpg (130 KB, 1280x718)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>97852264
>Don't be taken alive
>Someone else is here
>>
>>97861793
Plus Earth in Stomach Man!
Hold on, could this be the basis for a new Mighty Heroes?

Corn Man!
Earth in Stomach Man!
Fish Head Man!
Resurrection Man!
>>
>>97866192
GHOST BLOW JOB!!

Conner gets blown while the others think he just has a big head ache.
>>
>>97866460
'No sticking it in the Skip' is no doubt high on the list of SOP.
>>
>>97856258
There is nothing to fear. For happiness is here>>97856402
>>
File: 63790507_p0.jpg (324 KB, 650x800)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>
>>97860821
>682

What a shitty monster.
>>
File: scp wojak.jpg (104 KB, 524x483)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>97877297
>four fucking pixels caused all that chaos and destruction
>>
File: 6c7.png (500 KB, 600x600)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>97877297
173, you get that fucking picture the fuck away from right now, you diabolical little shit.
>>
>>97874350
>>97874497
>>97874524
>>97874542
okay, genuine question while i work on a proper write up of the inkwell: do you think it needs anything added? anything removed? anything changed?
>>
>>97858964
The drinks machine
>>
>>97877297
096 is a cool guy who doesn't want to hurt anyone, he's way better than that fag 173
>>
>>97877323
682 would be 10x more interesting if it were on the side of the Foundation.
Rather that being this asshole monster that only really serves as a power check, he becomes a useful tool and something that makes the Foundation a bit less useless against the eldritch horrors that seem to have no counter.
>>
>>97877297
I have that picture (the framed one) saved on my phone and I can't remember why. What is it?
>>
>>97877552
so 76?
>>
>>97877041
Fuck you, I'm now imagining Confinement SCP doing things for the safe/D-class personnel like:
>hosting in-foundation conventions
>They 'kidnap' guest speakers and usually give them amnesiacs juuust weak enough to potentially inspire some material the author doesn't understand the source of later
>personnel and staff dress up
>Connor's a bit of a buzzkill because he wasn't want to dress up for the SCP-Heroes team
>Nat convinces him when she promises to dress in a sexy superheroine outfit.
>>
>>97877552
except they tried it already with able and a bunch of others and it didn't work out
basically part of what makes the foundation interesting is that they don't have magical solutions to every problem
they don't have unbreakable divine chains to tie a monster into position, they have reinforced concrete and bullets when it fails. That makes the whole containment aspect interesting: the knowledge it can fail.

Heck there already was a magical foundation show, it was called warehouse 13, it sucked balls
>>
>>97877726
Doesn't matter. SCP 682 is fucking terrible.
>>
File: 62779356_p3_master1200.jpg (311 KB, 856x1200)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>
>>97877297
whats the pic again? last time i checked on spc the 1st series wasn't even done
>>
>>97877570
it's a photo that has scp 096 waaaaaay off in the distance, 4 tiny pixels represent him
096 broke out and went on a long ass sprinting journey into a small mountain town to kill the mountaineer guy who took that photo
it's a pretty funny read
specially when the foundation had the entire town rounded into the town square blindfolded and ended up shooting a few people who didn't sit down when they heard all hell breaking loose
>>
>>97877811
perhaps, but your "solution" actively makes it worse
>>
>>97877395
Would still like to see how he planned to kill that thing
>>
File: 53934537_p6_master1200.jpg (300 KB, 600x800)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
SCP threads need to happen more often.
>>
>>97877900
going to assume he's trying to trick it into perceiving itself
>>
>>97877922
Containment has had them popping up pretty regularly.
It’s actually gotten me into it a bit, enough that I’m working on writing something for it.
>>
>>97877922
With Confinement, they're probably best off here even if they're not technically /co/.
You can't really have them in any other board. /x/ is shit and /trash/ just wants to fuck the SCP's.
>>
>>97878003
You CAN have good SCP threads on /v/ (one was held relatively recently), and it helps that most of the SCP games/spinoff games are genuinely good (Containment Breach, Lobotomy Corp, the upcoming 093 game, the 2D game). But good fucking luck getting any attention to said thread if the cancer infesting it doesn't want you to. Neofagugees and Reddit-swine will do their damndest to kill off said threads if they manage to spot them.
>>
Would 682 even bother trying to kill conner? He seems to know when something is unkillable.
>>
File: 60845805_p0.png (743 KB, 700x716)
743 KB
743 KB PNG
>>97877922
Owls make the best SCPs
>>
>>97878003
/tg/ could work
>>
>>97878092
he is also a sadistic asshole, he would probably see connor as a convenient chew toy
>>
>>97877849
Jesus christ thats actually genuinely terrifying
>>
>>97878090
There's a 093 game coming out? That's one of my absolute favorites, took forever to read but so good.
>>
>Reading interaction off 682 with other scp
>Pretty good so far
>Get to the lol so random idiot who made a Dr throw children at it for fun
>The other about a weaboo girl who follows orders autistically that actually was going to kill it
Sometimes I forget this shit is free for anyone to edit.
>>
>>97878304
>The other about a weaboo girl who follows orders autistically that actually was going to kill it

You have no idea what her thing is do you?
>>
>>97864069
The Cursor
> Identical in appearance to a standard computer cursor, but floating in midair. By focusing on it and moving your hand, it can be controlled like a normal computer pointer. You can click on real objects to various results. Most objects can be dragged around physically, and right-clicking opens up a context menu. Copy, paste, delete, etc.
> Multiple people focusing on the cursor can fight for control of it. It's a bit like wrestling for a real computer mouse.
> Object class Keter. Must be kept in place without visibility on the sky.
>>
>>97878291
What would an 096 game even be? They can hardly make a whole game of not looking at someones face.
>>
>>97878345
>Attack until is 200% dead
>"KILL ME, YOU SACK OF ORGANS, DO IT."
10/10 shit, would read again.
>>
>>97877853
It's not my solution, dumbass. That anon wasn't me.
>>
File: CG3zODmVAAAt1s3.jpg (14 KB, 306x306)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>97878304
>Get to the lol so random idiot who made a Dr throw children at it for fun
>>
>>97871926
U R MR GAY
>>
>>97878369
Well he's in Containment Breach so kinda like that, but I'm talking about 093, the giant torsos and Tears one.
>>
>>97869724
Serpent's hand still has its own website like SCP. But one might have to wander a bit to find it, it's like a library of stories there.
>>
>>97878369
they did that with slendermeme
>>
>>97864069
A three piece suit that is hypnotically compelling to wear. The suit fits perfectly. Upon wearing the suit, you notice a growth of 8.6cm a day, as you become taller and taller. The suit wearer eventually dies, their spine elongating so much that nerves are exposed to thin and snap.

Suit killed 4 men in succession, each man inheriting the suit from the deceased and wearing it to the priors funeral due to lacking their own and/or being compelled to wear it.

Examination of the suit notes it is comprised of unknown synthetic materials and mixed fabrics.
>>
>>97878346
>no one is allowed to make anymore shortcuts to any location no matter "how bad the commute is"
>>
File: robot.png (34 KB, 1868x317)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>97864069
Something along the lines of this. Maybe with more dire or even humorous consequences.
>>
>>97878572
I feel like a heart attack would kill them before spinal damage but sure.
>>
File: 1388748791983.jpg (1.49 MB, 1000x1252)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>97877323
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22 KB, 512x384)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>97878449
>But one might have to wander a bit to find it, it's like a library of stories there.
I suppose you could call it.........

A Wanderer's Library
>>
>>97878433
Oh, my bad. Still no idea how someone could implement that into a game though.
>>
>>97878642
A heart attack would be lame. This actually reminds me a little of the Enigma of Amigara Fault. That story would've been objectively worse if the people who entered their respective holes just got crushed to death on their way through and that was that.
>>
>>97878463
That had an objective. Beating an 096 game is literally just trying to find a burlap sack to throw on its face. The only way it could be interesting is if its in a zone where he's already triggered and you have to avoid looking at him as he's already running about murdering everyone otherwise he's content to sit in a corner with his face in his hands.
>>
>>97878793
If he's going about killing everyone you'd also have the issue of having to show what he does to people, which kind of messes with his ambiguity
>>
>>97878876
They stated he leaves no trace, so he probably just eats them.
>>
>>97864639
>once donned it will only be taken off after a formal event has been attended to from start to finish.

Sounds like hardcore horror to me.
>>
>>97878793
simple the fuckers been looked at and escaped and you were knocked unconscious in the chaos

its now on a fucking rampage in the underground facility looking for a way out so you have to try and find a way out while not letting it out or find out your the one who looked at it and you've forgot causing it to go into a rage since it was looked at but it cant be recalled
>>
>>97877818
can anyone translate moonrunes?
>>
>>97871100
Oh I fucking love when it messes with people. One researcher spent months putting GPS trackers into it, in an attempt to map the interior of it.

One day he overlayed all the pathways on top of eachother. It made the SCP logo
>>
>>97875501
Your mom sounds like a psychic Anon.
>>
>>97878901
Yeah, but I wouldnt like that spelled out. I've always liked the idea of him frantically and obsessively scratching and clawing his victims until there wasn't anything left of them, something surreal and impossible like that. Or something thats just unimaginably vile and horrible that even the Foundation couldn't allow it in their files. It's not like cannibalism under heavy quotes is an unexplored area for SCPs.
>>
>>97878991
It's just visualizing the testing done between 053 and 682. Apparently 053's field that causes people to enter states of murderous rage has the precise opposite effect on 682, rendering him calm and docile.
>>
>>97878994
isn't it also winning a game of chess against a site researcher?
>>
>>97858258
Sure but it's really only a Foundation member's responsibility to think and act at their level of clearance/knowledge.

You just gotta trust that the 05s/Administrator is putting you to the best use
>>
>>97879099
>loli with an unkillable omicidal giant lizard as a pet

i never knew i wanted this
>>
File: 52406794_p6_master1200.jpg (354 KB, 600x600)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>97879911
>All the other unreasonably violent SCPs also made calm around 053
>loli with unstoppable army of monsters

Fund it.
>>
>>97879949
the fuck is that?
>>
>>97880079
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2521
>>
>>97863835
>(We find out Conner is technically D-69601)

I would like that a lot
>>
>>97880232
wat
>>
>>97878654
Carlos!
>>
>>97880323
Basically if you speak or write about it it comes and eats you or the written info about it so all information on it must be relayed via pictograms detailing it and what it does.

therefore the entire spc article is a bunch of pictures detailing it and various experiments it was involved in
>>
>>97880677
oh shit im fucked now, well nice knowing you fags
>>
>>97859767
this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.