[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ohhh boi!. Its another how will Sean shit the bed issue!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>97864984
>ywn never get to finger blaster a harley after a nice martini cocktail
Why even live?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>97865016
Been there done that

t. Poison Ivy
>>
>>
>>97865003
D'aaaww
>>
>>
>>
>>97865131
>year of our lord 2018
>crossing homo
euthanize your life
>>
>>97865003
ABSOLUTELY

D I S G U S T I N G
>>
>>
>>97865188
Jack pls. It's not Ivy's fault that she's a better lover, hehe
>>
>>97865003
Excuse me while this 30-year old man gushes over this page like a teen girl addicted to romance novels.
>>
>>
>>
>>97865202
>what is operation paperclip
Literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>97865164
It's not so bad, I was expecting something more dramatic, I prefer it this way.
>>
just how low will it go
>>
>>97865179
Little kisses eh? it's cute, very cute.
>>
>>97865300
Longer than necessary
>>
>>97865216
Fag, pls. Stop implying.
>>
>>97865343
Isn't it curious that all of Harley's off-springs in any universe they always have red hair even though she's blonde
>>
>>97865164
>>97865179
Hater look so nice here, like he's some kind grandpa type, he even tells the girl to be better off without joker. I thought he's some creep who murdered women .
>>
>>97865202
>Freeze is a Nazi
Well I be damn.
>>
>>97865027
I think this character needed to be crueler, cold to be a real villain I don't know if Murphy is trying to get the sad girl factor as allusion to Harley or if he's trying to make this strange character popular but for a villain she needed an evil sick side
>>
>>97865371
you're retarded, your headcanon is pure shit they stated in several occasions the father was Joker
>>
>>97865371
Ivy and Joker had children then Harley adopted them
>>
>>97865401
his dad is, not him
>>
>>97865379
TAS hater didn't kill women though this guy is older than TAS Hater, very different.
>>
>>97865465
Stop Being a cunt. Ivy Harley romance has been canon for years. Your waifu is a slut. Deal with it.
>>
>>97864921
So they want to do exactly what the cops back at Metropolis do? How come they never thought of copying? Is Gotham city is full of idiots?
>>
Thanks for the story time OP. I was ready to hate on this by issue 2, but now I'm actually invested in the story.
>>
>>97865610
Anon, nothing about nu52 harley has been ever canon. Only the best stories become hanon and every single appearance of nu52 has been utter trash, because she's a trash character.
Harley/ivy "romance" is, at best, what's shown in sirens. And you remember how that ends, ya?
>>
>>97865712
Sirens isn't canon anymore. Like it or not until then New 52 is canon unless stated otherwise.
Take for example Wonder Woman's origins, she is still zeus kid and has a brother but it was stated the rest of her origin was a dream.
>>
>>97865737
Diana being zeus' kid is a fine idea, hence it's canon. Nu52 harley is trash, hence she isn't. It's really simple.
>>
File: CG3zODmVAAAt1s3.jpg (14 KB, 306x306)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>97865216
>hehe
>>
>>97865610
Including the scenes in which she fucks and kisses men in front of Ivy? Because that's fucked up.
>>
>>97865610
Canon?! LOL nope, Harley Quinn is not canon Rebirth or N52. And before N52 the only canon shit was that Ivy had at some point a crush on Harley and Harley chose The Joker.
>>
>>97865737
That's good cause the title Harley Quinn wasn't canon for N52 neither because of contradictions and Suicide Squad stated Harley loved Joker and Joker loved Harley badly hehehe yeah. Anyway N52 isn't canon anymore meaning changes are expected and for Suicide Squad N52 didn't happen cause if you notice Deadshot's place in the squad was taken by Rick Flag.
>>
>>97865221
pure cringe my man.
>>
>>97864755

WK #1 4th print today
WK #2 3rd print today
WK #3 2nd print
>>
>>97865855
Alright. Lets just ignore the Ivy/Harley romances we've been getting from various medias. Injustice had them together, the dumb harley movie had them be exes. Many comic writers still ship Ivy/Harley.
Can we just accept she is bi?
>>
>>97864817
Good grief. Also is this Duke as in Snyder's Duke or a different Black guy called Duke?
>>
>>97866010
canon is canon, they weren't canon besides there're many Joker/Harley media, more than Ivy/Harley ones and you ignore them so I don't have any problem ignoring the very small quantity of Ivy/Harley.
>>
>>97866073
he's supposed to be the same guy in a different universe but it's just the name.
>>
I know it's been said before, but this potentially interesting premise of Joker gone good saving Gotham from Batman gone bad is really undermined by this Joker not really being that villainous to begin with and this Batman being a lot more villainous to begin with.
>>
>>97866132
And what IS canon to you?. If multiple media references Harley/Ivy as a romance per-se shouldn't that count as canon? Shouldn't that count as truth?

Batman And Harley has them as exes, and the comic of the movie has them in a relantionship of sorts
Injustice 2 has them as exes too, the comic has them sleeping together and implies some sort of love between them
Bombshells has them in a monogamous relantionship
Her solo ahs them in a non-monogamous relantionship
Harley & Ivy mini has them living together
Sirens implies some sort of relantionship
And many other cases too

If many, many writers references something between two characters shouldn't that be taken as canon?
>>
>>97865003
The uncensored version of this is nice.
>>
>>97866447
>sirens imply some sort of relationship
yeah, a
>I love joker and you don't matter
one
>>
>>97864869
>Worm in two panels

>>97864907
This page shortened my lifespan

>>97864942
Ok, this writer spent too much time on comics forums before writing this idea

>>97865027
>Neo Joker
Goodbye any chance of me taking this seriously

>>97865080
It is a good plan, but it would never work in comic land

>>97865140
I want to call bullshit on that figure for the batmobiles but I don't know enough about comic economics

>>97865179
Damn it, I think I'm starting to waifu her
>>
>>97866447
Canon: A collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine. hehehe the main canon is the DCU and batman books, whenever we talk about canon we mean the 75 years old continuity. PreCrisis, PostCrisis, N52, Rebirth.

now about media Harley/Joker:

CANON Batman pre-n52
Gotham city sirens
The Arkham games
The old batman game
the comic batman adventures
several minis in fact are canon like Joker's last laugh
White Knight
Prince Charming
The telltale games
the original comic Harley Quinn
Suicide Squad film
Batman Lego
Crossovers with Scooby doo for kids.
even some cute teddy bear like toys are sold in pairs.
>>
>>97867013
tHEY STILL FUCKED
>>97866734
POST IT HERE
>>
>>97867013
If you see the narrative as whole you'll see she was just playing with Ivy so she could escape, she never meant any of that. Throughout all of Sirens (especially Dini's run) Harley was always looking out for Ivy's best interest althought in her own usual wierd way.

>>97867050
Canon is not a collection of books, canoncity is a trait, a characteristic that get repeated time and time again. Canon means that something is real for a character because it gets repeated with it by multiple writers throughout the years, that is canon.
>>
>>97866447

>Sirens implies some sort of relantionship
a oneside thing and Harley chose Joker

>Harley & Ivy mini has them living together
that's not gay and you know it.

>Her solo ahs them in a non-monogamous relantionship
It was bullshit

you have: bombshells where all the girls in DCU are gay, Injustice though probably requested by DC since the writer seems to prefer Batman/Harley AU non canon and the comic Harley Quinn by Palmiotti so hated by everybody
>>
>>97867093
anon you don't know what canon is. Look for a dictionary, anyway for fans canon means the permanent continuity of a story. In this way in White Knight Harley and Joker could be married while in the canon batman they're not. However in the sequel for White Knight they are married.
>>
>>97865202
so is this implying thomas and martha were/had shady connections with nazis?
>>
>>97867196
>Harley and Ivy mini
>Not gay

The freaking book has them sleeping in the same bed, how's that not gay in the slightest?

>>Her solo ahs them in a non-monogamous relantionship
It was bullshit

Still a relantipnship, it wasn't the one I liked it I admit but still was a relantionship

>>97867264
>In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in the fictional universe of that story. It is often contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction.

As far as Harley is concerned, she having a relantionship with Ivy is canon to her character. It what IS official, althought the dynamic of that may vary
>>
>>97864817
VOTE FOR DUKE
>>
>>97865003
Vile garbage
>>
File: 1514194654610.png (42 KB, 500x322)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>97865027
>neo joker
>>
>>97867326
>As far as Harley is concerned, she having a relantionship with Ivy is canon to her character. It what IS official, althought the dynamic of that may vary

Since your romantic relationship doesn't exist in canon you're trying to change the definition of CANON. hahahaha really anon.

They're friends most of the time but what is canon in one continuity doesn't mean anything for another. The next film could have them as mortal enemies battling for Joker's love and that's canon for the films but not for anything else.

Canon is not something repeating, it's related to continuity.
>>
>>97864907
I'm not crazy about this, and I liked the concept when it was announced.
Not that it's bad, I just don't think it's really very good.
>>
>>97865179
Marian Drews?
>>
>>97867293
Doubt they could go much further than Telltale has. Thomas being straight up dirty and using his connections to get those in their way committed and driven insane and take their property.
>>
>>97867605
This is an elseworld, anything goes
>>
>>97867605
thinking about that we don't know cause months ago when telltale was released Murphy was saying he had his plot done since 2016, explaining he was a bit afraid cause some people could think he copied somebody else.
>>
>>97867758
Well he's going with some kinda variation on the already mentioned "Operation Paperclip" only way I could see this shaking out is another load of "Sins of the Father" being foisted on Bruce unfairly.

And it possibly not being a Federally Sanctioned action and more Thomas offering safe harbor to the scientists to the betterment of Gotham.
>>
>>97864907
I can't believe DC is publishing this.
>>
>>97868662
What's so hard to believe about it
>>
>>97868696
It's more like something marvel would shit out.
>>
>>97868708
What about this reads like something Marvel would shit out
>>
>>97868662
those are the lines make me blush but the whole story isn't so bad, the writer has a hard time with dialogue
>>
>>97864779
>Baby Doll with Croc
CANON.
>>
>>97866278
>this Joker not really being that villainous to begin with and this Batman being a lot more villainous to begin with.

I think it's the only way it can work, because if they make them a bit more like canon, it would be impossible for the Joker to get the opportunities he's getting here. Also he would definitely not be cured by pills.
>>
>>97864869

Holy overreaction, Batman. Chill the fuck out, you're not making it easy for the people to defend you.
>>
>>97869829
>it would be impossible for the Joker to get the opportunities he's getting here. Also he would definitely not be cured by pills

Ain't a cured Joker happened in Scott Batman run? I guess it was before Endgame. I'm only saying that he can pull it off if he has the necessary motivation
>>
>>97868736
>What about this reads like something Marvel would shit out

Not him, but it's clear he has no argument and only wanted to post something dramatic.
>>
>>97869941
But of course, otherwise there would have been replies and answers
>>
>>97864869
Is that what I wanted as a kid? Montoya/Bullock is nice
>>
>>97869890
There was also Going Sane.
>>
>>97865140
I would read the fuck out of a GTO series, especially if it was as good as gotham pd.
>>
>>97865140

I really like how Murphy draws vehicles.
>>
>>97865027
Y'know, "Neo Joker" is really stupid, but she looks cool and I'm a sucker for anything with "Neo" in the name
>>
>>97870190
Harlequin would have worked better if you ask me
>>
>>97870249
But she doesn't want Harley, she wants Joker, so if Jack won't be Joker any more, she'll do it herself
>>
>>97870068
This time however the girl is a character too, it could have a little deeper story because of that
>>
>>97870276
It doesn't make sense but maybe nuHarley fans would take it personal if a second harley were the enemy and maybe the author doesn't want it
>>
>>97870595
I double nuHarley "fans" care to read this book
>>
>>97870643
And still every month we have the same discussion about how gay is Harley in a story where she's married to Joker and still the Harley/Ivy fag is here
>>
>>97864907
>They're afraid of standing against Blackport
Nah, if I was in this picture, I'd definitely be afraid of the guy with a rap sheet for murder of indeterminate length.
>>
So batgirl and nightwing team up with joker because ......REASONS?!
>>
Honestly, if you take out the hamfisted political parts, there's a pretty good story here.

I like that they're trying to give every side some good points and sympathetic aspects, nu-harley in particular suddenly went from shit to a proper character in her own right with a sympathietic motivation, though how that lines up with what we got in her debut is beyond me.

Though I expect the Wayne family reveal will lead to predictable 1% reeeing, I'm otherwise interested to see where this goes.
>>
>>97870905
They've been expressing doubts about Batman since this book started, and the GTO thing is a legit good idea.
>>
>>97871006
Supervillainy is technically terrorism right?
>>
>>97864984
I love the atmosphere of this page.
>>
>>97865080
Batman BTFO
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHHAHA.jpg (109 KB, 750x917)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HOW RETARDED CAN MURPHY BE?
>>
>>97865202
That's it! Batman is so over!!
>>
>>97871575
LOL the guy is making fun of fags, IF there's some relationship that won't be the real Harley but an imitator, fake Harley and Ivy.

Personally I don't think something like that is gonna happen anyway but it's a trap
>>
>>97871575
He’s not retarded, shipfag. He just doesn’t read forums or browse the 4chins. It’s obvious that his primary experience with Batman is with the Timm animated series.
>>
>>97871698
>his primary experience with Batman is with the Timm animated series.
Which is where HarleyxIvy started so?
>>
>>97871698
Their whole thing started on BTAS, fucking hell. This is common knowledge, literally common knowledge
>>
>>97871719
you're retarded cause everybody has explained in TAS Harley and Ivy weren't gay but kids nowaday don't understand how grown people thought then
>>
>>97871818
They were more than friends, though. But in anycase a writer saying that simple reeks of ignorance plain and simple. There's not other way around it. Every writer that has worked, and works for DC knows of the Harley/Ivy relantionship
>>
>>97871935
Friends was what they wer but Templeton called then family and sisters. Do you want the tweet where Dini said he never wanted a romantic relationship between them? Or the joke he made in 2001 in a holiday special stating the idea was ridiculous
>>
>>97872017
*them
>>
>>97872017
Dini was changed his tune since then, and Templeton has no business in here since he's just another writer and not an authority on them. Harley/Ivy is literally Harley Quinn 101, its the first thing you learn about the character if you search for her. Murphy has not excuse in not knowing them
>>
>>97865027
Neo New Nuevo Joker
>>
>>97865080
Meanwhile, in Detective Comics, they’re shitting on Batman and Tim for wanting to do the same.
>>
>>97872060
Dini wrote his ultimate story in the games and his perfect ending was Harley having the joker's baby. He can say whatever but his work demonstrates what his intentions have always been
>>
fuggin hell these are some nice pages
story's kinda lackluster but i might pick up the trade just for that desu
>>
>>97872203
Who the fuck said that the Arkham Games were his ultimate stories?, and according to the canon that was just BS, she didn't had Joker's kid. And for his works, he has wroten more Harley/Ivy stories than Harley/Joker ones, he even wrote a Harley/Ivy story for the a LGBT charity book once
>>
>>97871751
No, some fans began their fanfics and headcanons there but the ship didn't existed, the writer never thought somebody was going to think they were gay
>>
>>97872357
* exist
>>
>>97872357
People back then compared the episode with Thelma and Louise to the point that Dini has to explain in the audio commentary of the episode itself that that was pure coincidental and that he didn't based the episode (and thus their relantionship) on that
>>
>>97872264
He did, he even abandoned the saga to keep that story as it was, his canon finished there, he wanted "the best story he could have written" that way though DC wanted more games
>>
>>97872417
I would like the old commentary but anyway the references were a parody of a husband sidn't appreciate his wife enough just like the simpsons parody back then, many people didn't understood Thelma and Louis as a gay film they were thinking about how hot was Brad Pitt in his important film ever

People wasn't used to gay or bi characters so if theae women were attracted to men the rest of the film a short 2 seconds scene was just something weird at the end
>>
>>97872608
*understand
>>
>>97864907
You'd think there would be more SJW outrage over the fact that their cause is being equated to a mass murdering, abusive psychopath.
>>
>>97865610

Ivy/Harley has never been canon, not even in Rebirth.

They flirt, they fug, but they’ll NEVER be a couple...
>>
>>97867594
>Mary Andrews
>>
>>97872608
You can find it in any torrent that has BTAS in it, it's not something that can be found on Youtube, althought I wish It was
>>
>>97873092
Anyway it doesn't change anything, just a parody like the Simpsons had one and there's nothing gay in TAS
>>
>>97873210
I just said that it was coincidental, it's not like Dini planned that, it just came out that way and people interpreted that way.
>>
>>97865027
>Neo Joker
This is the stupidest fucking name
>>
>>97864817
>Pigs are bad! We want no corrupt police in Blackport! Down to the Bat!
>wtf?! Where are the cops! Why they dont come to Blackport?!

Nice prediction of Baltimore there
>>
>>97873314
then Sean Murphy based his white knight on TAS and not on what some fans were saying on internet because of a misinterpretation
>>
>>97874059
If people had that reaction if because the writing came out that way, and Murphy should follow suit.
>>
>>97864857
>But then we found you, the people of Backport, who embraced us with open arms and gave us a home. You made us feel like we belong.

I'm not sure "trying to rob you in a group when you first visit town" is how I'd call "embracing you with open arms".
>>
>>97865140
I can tolerate a supercar in a metropolis as big as Gotham, but a fleet of them? Responding to catastrophes they usually plague that hellhole? If you live in a big city you know how bad traffic can get at day time or before 2am.
>>
>>97865003
>>97871332
>regular-sized breasts

NOT MUH HARLEY
>>
>>97865003
>>97865027

so there are 2 harleys?
And joker went to the bad one first to try marrying.

How is the 2nd one okay with that?
>>
>>97865080
>>97865057

batman just saved you from a fall jim..
>>
>>97874109
Nah he doesn't have any reason to make fan theories and head canons a part of his story
>>
>>97874416
THis series is like Injustice in that every character acts and is retarded
>>
>>97873049
Like a Merry Andrew? The carnival guy?
>>
>>97875632
yes, basically a clown.
>>
>>97874339
Regular Harley = 90's Arleen Sorkin
New Harley = Tara Strong
>>
>>97875632
either that or Archie's mom
>>
>>97864907
>What is Batman supposed to do? Tweet back?
Yes he should.
>>
>>97865221
Either kill yourself or fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>97865027

>Penguin Mary Poppyins-ing

wat?
>>
>>97865855
Harley/Ivy fags wanted to know how HQ by Palmiotti was selling so well while using a premise comic fans hate with their souls: Harley and Ivy as a gay ship.

First at all cause HQ by Palmiotti didn't begin with that premise in fact they became gay in that story after a long while, Palmiotti acquired a taste for the beaten housewife and the gay agenda after, he wrote stories where we had big pictures of Joker and Harley kissing just like in some cheap romantic novel.

The premise of Harley Quinn was a crazy character similar to DeadPool. With years it was deformed into some LGBT shit and SJW themes aka "she's strong and independent" so she's gay.

Besides since HQ was always perceived as stupid comedy without canon implications comic fans could turn a blind eye but a serious story with the premise of a gay relationship between Ivy and Harley is not attractive for the common comic fan worst even if they affirm it's canon. Nobody would read a whole book focused on them as a gay couple.
>>
It's such a shame because Murphy is an amazing artist. Why couldn't he have just gotten someone else to write this?
>>
how does a black power guy who hates cops ally with a dude whose big plan is to militarize the police lol
>>
>>97865057
How many references to BTAS is this now.
>>
>>97880867
Because someone will come along and say that all the stories that Murphy worked on were the worst or least best of their work. I mean look at >>97880143
>>
>>97865027
<Ma'am, you and your goons can kill us, but I absolutely refuse to call you that.
>>
I've liked this much more than I expected.
>>
>>97881003

he was likely given a job position
>>
>>97865140
What is with those open water pipes? Is that standard super lair decoration?
>>
>>97864942
I'd read a GTO ongoing. Seriously.
>>
>>97881003
>how does a black power guy who hates cops
You mean the ex-cop who quit because of the rampant corruption?

>ally with a dude whose big plan is to militarize the police
I guess you missed the bit about GPS and bodycams as well?
>>
>>97865027
>Roxy Rocket
ok
>>
>ctrl-F "Harley"
>62 results
Guess it's pointless to try to have a discussion about the actual comic in this thread, and how Batman and Joker have basically swapped personalities.
>>
>>97885045
but they haven't anon. Batman is still batman just that a little out of control cause Alfred died and Joker is still Joker just that using his tricks for good...maybe he's too much the perfect guy though, too sweet with his girlfriend ...but it's fine he's supposed to be the "all different" Joker.
>>
>>97864942
>The GTO is a good idea, Jim. I know because the plot will bend over backwards to make me right.
>>
>>97885190
He was a wrecking ball even before that, to the tune of 3 billion/year just for the damage he causes himself.
And he clearly doesn't care about hurting innocent bystanders. He's worse than the Punisher in that regard.
This reminds me of that PPG episode where they move to a different town and the mayor shits on them for destorying more of the city than the criminal they're stopping.
>>
>>97885445
the 3 billions was very exaggerated, SM wanted him as a threat IMO it feels like a poor excuse but it's fine since this way batman isn't really evil in this elseworld, SM probably didn't want an evil Batman.
>>
>>97885525
He's not evil, but he's not in any way a net good for the city either.
Also this Batgirl seems like a silly fangirl.
>>
>>97885536
>He's not evil, but he's not in any way a net good for the city either.

that was the intention, forcing the story a bit to make him a problem.

>Also this Batgirl seems like a silly fangirl.
Batgirl is now a product for teenagers anon.
>>
>>97864798
>protesting without a permit
Is this a thing? How?
>>
>>97885641
I don't disagree. I can even say that she should be. But compared to her own ongoing (which I haven't read in like 2 years) this Batgirl isn't some genius level martial artist, she just seems to be a regular teenage girl.
>>
>>97885656
lol Techincally they could shoot at those people and we have a dramatic case back then in the 80's of a guy wanted to protest stopping the metro, he died on the rails cause they weren't going to stop the trains...anyway his protest was stupid, something communist I think, I can't remember
>>
>>97870984
this, the ideas are pretty good in that poking holes in batman's little operation can lead to some cool things (supercops) but some of the dialogue has been fucky. I'm surprised that neo-joker maybe interesting after all what with the little backstory they gave here.
>>
>>97885713
the genius are boring most of the time anon but TAS batgirl wasn't a genius. In comics I always liked Oracle instead of Batgirl
>>
>>97871006
>the GTO thing is a legit good idea
>>97871073
>Supervillainy is technically terrorism right

This isn't about supervillainy, this is about legally requiring the Batfamily to be subject to a corrupt and manipulable police department.
>>
>>97877866
I now pump my fist involuntarily when seeing her name in print
thanks 4chan
>>
>>97864942
so...
did they ever say why the joker isn't serving life?
>>
Man, sure must be nice to have this sort of security.

I'd sure love to have my shit published even after I completely and obiviously shit the bed in the first issue already.
>>
>>97886839
he was crazy and now he's sane so whatever he did can't reach him.
>>
>>97865202
I did nazi that coming
>>
>>97865202
they weren't white enough to be nazis
>>
>>97886839
He was insane and now he's not because of the pills which proves that he committed crimes while insane. It also may be that his crimes weren't as severe as other universe's Jokers.
>>
bump
>>
>>97865221
Did you get here straight from reddit?
>>
best art Ive ever seen. really good panelling too
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.