[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Wakanda .png (1.06 MB, 1022x901)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>highly trained warriors
>uniform so thin you can see their nipple outline

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>98055718
It's a Joel Schumacher homage you pleb.
>>
>>98055718
Vibranium lined get up. They'll be alright.
>>
>>98055718
The Aztec used to capture the commander to enemy armies in literal pajamas, butt ass naked, and dragon costumes.

I think they mean. When you're a trained warrior, armor is for pussies.
>>
>>98055718

Those aren't nipples, that's the seam.
>>
It's so that i can make sexual fantasies where i get captured in wakanda by black warrior women and then take turns to rape me and drain me of my semen

Other than that, muh vibranium or something like that
>>
File: Par8036636[1].jpg (89 KB, 960x553)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>spears
So like how they would repel an enemy with you know guns?
>>
>>98055753
Are you blind
>>
>>98055750
I guess that's why they got genocided by a couple hundreds raging Spanish homosexuals.
>>
literal spear chuckers
>>
>>98055750
The Aztecs weren't living in the most technologically advanced country in the world and were meant to fight people who fought the same way they did or even worse, in a place where guns or even metal armor didn't exist. As soon as guns were brought into the equation they got their shit stomped hard.

That's a really bad analogy.

>>98055747 is a more rational answer.
>>
>>98055792
Nah he's right, you can see the seam beneath the "nipple" going down. The nipple part protrudes because that's where the fabric folds.

It was probably still done on purpose for nipple reasons, but those aren't actually their nipples poking through the costume.
>>
>>98055770
Plot convenience and stormtrooper accuracy.
>>
>>98055792

No, but you clearly are.
>>
>>98055770
Swords were still being used in WWII and WWI even with guns being around. I don't see why they can't use spears; it saves ammo.
>>
>>98055718

I fail to see a problem with this.
>>
>>98055718
those female warriors are also part of t'challa's harem
>>
>>98055770
>Oh no ballistic weapons how will our vibranium ever compete?
>>
>>98055941
He likes them shaved, huh?
>>
File: Wakandan Army.png (745 KB, 1060x442)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
Someone mind explaining to me how their military is advanced? They have vibranium swords, which I get it, they can cut through pretty much anything, but don't they have any projectiles? They have ships better than Quinjets
>>
>>98055848
>>98055911
if that's the case then the chick on the red outfit seems way too on purpose.
>>
>>98055957
I believe this is some kind of a ceremonial getup. What I'm bothered by is the fact that Man Ape is in this screenshot. There's a big mystery about his allegiance in BP's movie, but they just spoil it here? Why?
>>
File: magic.jpg (79 KB, 720x479)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>98055957
something something warrior culture something something vibranium something something mystic panther powers
>>
File: 1515332849219.jpg (311 KB, 867x873)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>98055718
>women
>highly trained warriors
>>
>>98055999
From what I've gathered, he's currently playing the long game. After Killmonger and Thanos are dealt with, he'll exploit Wakanda's fractured state and move in
>>
>>98055997
Of course it's on purpose, it's not like the costume designers didn't know what they were doing.
>>
>>98055764
Someone faps furiously to the snu-snu episode of Futurama.
>>
>>98055948
It would be a shame if they had unarmored body parts that cause instant death 9 times out of 10 when shot.
>>
>>98055718
I can't believe there isn't a controversy about racism here.
>even when gifted advanced tech Africans are still savages who can only charge in mobs chucking spears
>can't even use fucking guns
>>
>>98055718
Shut up and post their Comic getup! It's way sexier.
>>
>>98056053
Its not racist because Wakanda is very serious about their heritage, customs, and traditions. I think they still have guns
>>
>>98055770
Laser spears.
>>
>>98055750
I think the better analogy you ought to go for would be the Great Emu War.
>>
File: Dark Elves.jpg (159 KB, 575x323)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
While we're on the subject, it always bothered me that MCU Asgardians flat out refuse to carry guns even though they have them on flying longboats. I'd even accept laser crossbows or something. They just looked so silly dying in droves against the Dark Elves
>>
>>98056053
There's a chick with laser fists or whatever and they have planes, I'm sure they use projectiles when they need to.
It's annoying enough when actual SJWs look everywhere for racism, you don't have to do it too.
>>
>>98056139
Sorry /k/, guns look lame.
Also pic related.
>>
>>98056040
If there's someone who doesn't, they're no friend of mine.
>>
>>98056167
I was watching that scene and thinking "He should be out of ammo by now"
>>
>>98056244
He's like Lucky Luke, he only reloads when the story is over.
>>
>>98056244
>>98056167
I was thinking "Why aren't those things firing in 3 round bursts?"
>>
>>98056053
That’s because noguns think melee combat is less barbaric
>>
>>98055718
Is this planet of the apes
>>
File: kmkl (175).png (38 KB, 499x338)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>98055718
Hello /tv/!

>huuuur duuuuur why there is fanservice in this comic book movie! Its not like there is fanservice in comics!

>>98056139
>huuuur duuuur this doesnt make sense, comics are siiiiiilly

These are you. Fuck off /tv/, this is how the Big 2 are.
>>
>>98055750
>The Aztec used to capture the commander to enemy armies in literal pajamas

things didn't turned out great for them
>>
>>98055770
Wasn't there a comic where Black Panther bullshits an answer where Wakanda has a way to make guns inoperable?
>>
>>98056167
kek
>>
>>98056312
Hey faggot, pointing out how these FUCKING ALIENS who are way off base from their comic versions anyway aren't using projectile weaponry is a legitimate complaint. They've pretty much abandoned mystical shit
>>
did this movie come out? I haven't heard anything about it.
>>
>>98056365
Are you retarded? They are both mystical and higly technological SIMILAR to their counterparts of the comics, because asgardians in the comica ALSO have spaceships with lazers. Read a fucking comic /tv/.
>>
>>98056365
and that's why thor uses a gun
>>
>>98056365
>a legitimate complaint.
Are you fucking serious you practicool fucko? Are you one of those people who whine that Stark hasn't made Iron Man suits for all the other characters?
>>
>>98056463
I just find it weird they have gun turrets and ships with projectile weaponry, and yet their ground forces don't
>>
>>98055948
>an armor so thin that you can see their nipples
The bullets would easily break their bones, plus they are not wearing helmets.
>>
>>98055999
you've never heard of a hero-villain team-up against a bigger villain?
>>
>>98056167
I liked how good ol’ Texas firepower was stronger than undead god zombies
>>
>>98056487
Realism is only for STAR WARS.
>>
>>98056139
>gods
>using guns
THor can throw lightning and loki mind control people,also they are too durable to normal weapons, they don't need guns
>>
>>98055750
The aztec most definetely weren't wearing any pajamas, they were primitive but not stupid. I know this series was terrible on accuracy but the proof is here, the dry soaked on saltwater cotton vest the aztec used was able to successfully stop arrows around 34:00 in this video
>https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x511mzm
It's total bullshit how the zande warrior won
>>
>>98056554
But they're not gods, they're demigods at best. You honestly can't see the benefit of a projectile weapon? I'm not saying they can't take a punch, certain problems are just easier with shooting something instead of chasing it down to stab.
>>
>>98056487
Rule of cool. Nobody wants to see a movie about God Alien Barbarians that fight like they're a SWAT team.
>>
>>98055770
The spears shoot lasers in the comics.
>>
>>98055827
>As soon as guns were brought into the equation they got their shit stomped hard.

Guns misfired a lot in those days. It was steel armor and weapons that gave the Spanish the combat edge.
>>
>>98055718
It's for the glory of science
>>
>>98056139
Their weapons aren't just normal blades, for whatever that is worth, just based on the training scene in Thor The Dark World. Given that standard Asgardians have long lives, enhanced strength and other physical attributes, and bulletproof (to whatever SHIELD was using on Loki in the first Avengers) they seem content with what they have.
>>
Marvel always had trash quality costumes.
The good ones are: Captain America WS, Winter Soldier, Black Panther CW and Ant-Man, honorable mention to Iron Man 1 costume
>>
File: batnipples.png (525 KB, 800x388)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
>>98055718
If it's good enough for batman
>>
>>98056717
It was disease, cavalry and conspiring with other natives who also hated the aztec's guts. With all their technology a couple of hundreds of spaniards wouldn't match against a fucking empire
>>
>>98056053
One of the girls has like panther hand blasters or something
>>
>>98055827
Aztecs had pretty formidable weaponry, relative to the Spaniards
They died from disease, and the Spaniards allying with nearby tribes that the Aztecs had pissed off with their sacrifice and capture bullshit
And also, Aztecs fought to capture, not to kill, unlike the Spaniards, whose sole objective was to decimate entirely
On a level field, they'd be head to head
Guns weren't that effective AT THE TIME
It was mostly disease and deception
>>
That's not a nipple. Its a pucker in the fabric from the seam line being there.
>>
>>98055921
at that point the swords were mostly for ceremonies and showing rank
>>
>>98056684

I can't decide if that's badass or the kind of shit that ruins comics.
>>
>>98055718
>>98055957
I wonder how vibranium handles flamethrowers and other fire hazards?

Did Marvel's jealous African commonerfolk adopt 'necklacing' as a way to execute already ambushed and pinned Wakandians specifically because it was a reliable execution method that didn't require piercing an impenetrable armor?
>>
>>98056488
>The bullets would easily break their bones
assuming they are making use of vibranium in their combat attire, no, no they would not. Do you even know what vibranium is?
>>
>>98056893
Then you're fucking retarded, it's clearly badass.
>>
>>98056781
>Winter Soldier
Really? The guy wearing eye liner so that he looks more depressed?
>>
>>98056802
>playing Expeditions Coquistadors
>you can decide to ally most tribes to fuck with the Aztecs in various ways
>you can accidentally (or not) spread small pox to Tenochtitlan (or not)
>you can side with the Aztecs and fuck with other natives
That was nice.
>>
>>98057154
i liked his black outfit with his arm out and a mouth mask
>>
>>98056870
Tell that to Jack Churchill.
>>
>>98057154
>makeup=/=costume
The arm was good and you know it.
>>
>>98055957
them some pale africans
>>
>>98057236
The reason why that is so well known is specifically because of how fucking crazy it is that he did it and lived. I'm sure there was a bunch of other dudes who tried the same thing that you don't hear about because they ate a few bullets before coming within 20 feet of their enemies.
>>
>>98057237
I mean, it looked like a metal arm.
>>
>>
>>98057391
Africans have a wide variety of shades, even in single countries or sometimes even among the same family.
>>
>>98055827
I believe Cortes mainly used rodeleros during his campaigns and barely any firearms.
>>
File: caveman.jpg (49 KB, 846x468)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>98056595
>primitive but not stupid
t.neolitic man
>>
>>98055957
>rodeleros

My thing is in the Infinity War trailer, these guys are about to engage in melee combat with 7 ft tall four-armed creatures with huge jaws. Even with vibranium swords, why not just mow Thanos' army down with machine guns?
>>
>>98055718
Africans are perverts.
>>
>>98057636
Don't you have some mercury to intoxicate yourself with, brass boy?

I've meant they weren't stupid to disregard armor
>>
>>98056095
We should take another shot at the emu one day.
>>
>>98057770
Because it's lame.
>>
>>98056770
>to whatever SHIELD was using on Loki in the first Avengers
Loki is a wizard though.
>>
>>98057839
It doesnt make any sense
>>
>>98055718
Sure is musculata in here.
>>
>>98056625
I do
>>
>>98057871
Do you think people would still watch wrestling if one of the 2 guys came on the ring with a gun and just pretend-shot a nigga? People want to see tense physical confrontations, not some dude with a machine gun mowing down people indiscriminately in 20 seconds from 100 yards away.
You want things to """"make sense"""" and all be there for a practical purpose, don't watch or read fucking capes, stick to """realistic""" war movies.
Rule of cool>>>>>>>>>>>rule of sexy/funny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>realism
>>
>>98055750
>The Aztec used to capture the commander to enemy armies in literal pajamas, butt ass naked, and dragon costumes.

Aztecs were not a warrior culture, they were terrible at war and their weapons were designed to capture, not to kill
>>
>>98057236
Tell that to the Japanese, then, if we're going to go that route. One lucky asshole waving around a sword(Did he even actually attack anyone with it?) while being surrounded by a bunch of people with guns protecting him is a pretty piss poor example when you can look at the same exact war and see a bunch of people that unironically tried to use swords against people with guns and got utterly BTFO every time they attempted it.
>>
>>98057924
Then watch a movie featuring a SWAT team and not a movie featuring Alien Barbarian Gods. Or fuck, join the 40k fandom, you can't really get any gayer at this point anyway.
>>
>>98057064
Do you know what physics is? Unless it completely rejects that, vibranium isn't doing shit to save the person wearing it in the way they are.
>>
>>98055718
Its odd black people aren't embarrassed by this, but then i remember they are a bunch of retarded psychopaths incapable of self reflection or thinking about how others might view them
>>
>>98057994
>Did he even actually attack anyone with it?
Yes.
>while being surrounded by a bunch of people with guns protecting him
Not what allegedly happened.

I'm not trying to claim that swords>guns, I'm just saying some swords were still in use.
>>
>>98057972
Only trailer trash cares about wrestling. And its called suspension of disbelief, meaning it still has to make sense in universe. A highly advanced country with spaceships decides to arm their warriors with just vibranium swords is just stupid anon. I'm fine with Black Panther just doing karate with claws and Hawkeye using a bow with trick arrows, but this? Nah
>>
>>98058053
Thats called being a chad, virginboy.
>>
>>98057972
It isn't cool though. At some point there has to be at least a shred of practicallity or else it's just the on-screen equivalent of a toddler smashing his toys together while making explosion noises.
>>
File: ClarkBatsBat.png (1.26 MB, 977x1215)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>98055941
>>98055950

>Tfw T'Challa/Storm is about to be canon.
>>
File: vib.png (512 KB, 1221x702)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>98058032
>Unless it completely rejects that
It's fucking vibranium anon, rejecting physics is in the first line of the description. See: Captain America's shield.
>>
>>98058053
>black people
Fug off, this movie is for niggers, not black people. This movie is cringe as shit for black people and is the high budget equivalent of bullshit like Soul Plane and Barbershop.
>>
>>98057994
The japanese never thought the sword to be mightier than the gun. The katanas were only used to execute prisioners in a cerimonial way, even the samurai of Shiroyama never expected to survive the battle
>>
>>98058074
>Only trailer trash cares about wrestling.
And you think capes are a genre for highly distinguished individuals? Half of the appeal is having people beating the shit out of each other.
>And its called suspension of disbelief,
Not the same thing really. As you say suspension of disbelief requires things to make sense. Rule of cool just means if it's cool it supersedes logic.
>decides to arm their warriors with just vibranium swords
From the trailers alone you see weapons other than swords.
>I'm fine with Black Panther just doing karate with claws and Hawkeye using a bow with trick arrows, but this? Nah
Then don't watch the fucking movie.

>>98058087
Yeah because everyone just shooting at each other makes it totally mature and smart just because it's more practical and realistic.
>>
>>98058185
>Guadal Canal
>>
>>98058204
>LOL JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF
I'm not one to participate in companywar nonsense, but you sound like a asshurt shill when people point this shit out
>>
>>98058204
>I'm a manchild that can only be entertained if things are dragged down to a 6 year old's level and lose interest with anything that isn't a CGI fest full of sparks and magical explosions while men in tights sandbag each other harmlessly.

It's funny that you brought up wrestling, earlier. How apt, we can see who their target audience is.
>>
>>98058262
Don't turn your brain off, just don't watch the fucking movie.
You don't have to like the movie, I never implied you did.

I'm butthurt because I hate when people want all media to be the same to appeal to them. I don't seek movies I don't approve of to complain that they don't cater to me. I don't want capes to change because of people like you who don't like things being silly, we already have enough people who want to change them for dumbfuck reasons as is.
>>
File: chris 2.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>98058032
>vibranium is able to completely absorb or perfectly reflect kinetic energy, based on the whims of the person holding the shield
>thinks physics has anything to do with it
Okay, so you don't actually know what it is.
>>
>>98058232
What about it? The japanese carried swords, dosn't mean they used it
>>
>>98058262
This is a fucking comic book movie.
>>
This thread smells like /tv/.
>>
>>98058421
Well of course it does it's a black panther thread after all
>>
>>98055957

Comics. Any other country and anons wouldn’t question it. Any place in Africa? Suddenly eyebrows are raised.

Like I said

COMICS
>>
>>98058358
Look, buddy, I'm not asking for Hawkeye to start wearing Iron Man armor, demanding everything to be down to earth realism, or trying to ruin fucking movies for you, but I'm going to point out something stupid if I see it. Saying "Its supposed to be silly" only goes so far. Why can't you grasp that?
>>
>>98058277
I never impled that capes were the only form of entertainment I enjoy.
Fuck you, no seriously, don't fucking bring that shit to capes. If you actually care about mature subject matters, realism, whathaveyou, THERE ARE MOVIES FOR THAT. Don't come to a cape movie and play the false intellectual so mature card, that's just a pitiful way to stroke your unearned superiority complex. It's like watching Star Wars and complaining that it's not Foundation.

I hate wrestling btw, I just thought it was a good comparison. But yes retard, capes are aimed at idiots and people who can deal with watching stupid shit without going "well ackshully" like they're cinemasins.
>>
Lot~ of samefagging in this thread
>>
>>98058479
>Implying /k/, /his/ and /pol/ don't hate the "Mary Sue fictional nation is better than actual competent armies because the author said so" trope by default
Your tumblr account is showing
>>
>>98058486
Because the line seems entirely arbitrary. Why the fuck would SHIELD need Hawkeye? Why would Cap not carry a gun after getting defrosted? Why are fucking Hellicarriers a thing? Why does Black Panther play ninja when vibranium clearly has better applications?
>>
>>98055770
super techno spears that probably glow blue and do electric shit
>>
>>98058505
>false intellectual mature card

You'd have a point if we were talking about Minions, or Lion King. But we aren't. Half of Marvel's shit predicates off of mature themes and topics until it ends up on a movie screen, then it suddenly regresses down to being power rangers.
>>
>>98058574
>Implying that /his/ is this autistic and comparable to /pol/
>>
>>98058574
>implying anyone cares what a bunch of people whose main interest isn't fiction think
>>
File: 1442615293943.jpg (85 KB, 502x379)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>98058626
Not him, but Grant Morrisson would laught at your autism.
>>
>>98058660
>Everything I don't like is autism
Okay
>>
>>98058626
>Half of Marvel's shit predicates off of mature themes and topics
>posts an image of a man fighting an army with only a shield and a bomb alongside a kid with a flamethrower
This is why Ennis hates superheroes during wartime
>>
File: 1492637350298.jpg (250 KB, 671x399)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>98058626
So you don't read comics AND don't pay attention to the movies then?
Most of the "mature themes" Marvel comics explore they do so in comically simplistic black and white fashion, AND with people throwing shields and hammers at problems, because they're fucking cape comics. Just like the movies, which have touched on war, terrorism, gun registration, exile, loss of identity, loss of homeland, human experimentation, AI, corruption, loss of loved ones ... but have done so in comically simplistic ways most of the time.

You're trying to make an argument that has no ground.
>>
>>98058626
>Wait, this man woke up one day as a bug? What the hell is that? I thought it was suppused to be a mature theme? What is this, some Disney cartoon?
>Wait, this guy was born as an oldman, and gets young with each year? This is so lolsorandom
>Are you telling me that this frankestein guy made a monster with fucking chemistry and eletricity? And that THIS is mature with deeper themes? This just regresses down to being power rangers.

Also, why are you posting pics of comics that contradict you? Nothing there screams mature or realistic.
>>
>>98057391
Africans aren't just one shade anon.
>>
>>98058630
>Implying the "smarty boards" aren't the most autistic of them all

>>98058656
The guy I was replying to seemed to care
>>
>Swords are cool
>Guns are not cool
>We have swords that work even better then guns
>What should we use?
>>
File: His_in_day_clothes.png (42 KB, 280x280)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>98058833
Shit, forgot the pic
>>
>>98058833
>The guy I was replying to seemed to care
But >>98058656 is the guy you were replying to (me).
>>
>>98058833
>The guy I was replying to seemed to care
He cared about your opinion not people on other boards
>>
>>98058873
Then you seemed to care. You were talking like the usual "not accurate" complaints were just because of niggers
>>
>>98058921
Wait, my mistake, that wasn't me.
Where did he imply that any of that had to do with other boards though? Was he supposed to know that you're just a casual moviefag complaining about a genre he has no chance to like, instead of a /co/mrade?
>>
>>98056016
It's supposed to be a Wakandan tradition, so fine. Just like how the Swiss guards still wear those ceremonial uniforms by Michelangelo. People do weird stuff for traditions.
>>
>>98055718
>What did they mean by this?
pic related

>>98055736
Kek
>>
>>98058971
>Where did he imply that any of that had to do with other boards though?
The usual suspects, there's a big chance the ones who get their autism triggered by this trope also frequent one of these boards

>Was he supposed to know that you're just a casual moviefag complaining about a genre he has no chance to like, instead of a /co/mrade?
I wasn't the one complaining, I just said this type of complaint is nothing new on this site and has nothing to do with niggers. Also, I forgot /tg/
>>
>>98058772
And I never said the comics don't. But there is a clear, obvious difference between the two. Pulling the 'lol you don't read the comics' shit doesn't fucking work when I literally post evidence that throws your retarded argument out the window.

FFS it took them over a decade to give Wolverine a movie with an R rating when the character has been hacking people to pieces longer than most people on this board have probably been alive.
>>
>>98059063
Here's not "this site", it's /co/, where people who don't crossboard specifically to shitpost tend to understand how cape tropes work.
But fine, let's assume it has nothing to do with "black people lmao", where were threads about how stupid it is that Cap just has a fucking shield as a weapon AND defeats an entire army when all the other movies came out? This is like the 30th thread on this one specific complain that people have about this movie.
Just like there have been countless "rap in Black Panther lmao" threads but no threads about how First Avenger doesn't have a 1940s score, Thor doesn't have norse inspired music (until Ragnarok, sorta), or they don't play Kalinka Malinka every time Black Widow is on screen.
>>
>>98058783
>Being intentionally retarded and implying that fiction can't have believability, nor be grounded in some level of practicality in order to help the reader or audience relate more to characters and actions.
Why even argue this shit when you're purposefully just going to shitpost about the topic? Literally no one expects cape shit to be 1:1 reality. No one expects that from pretty much any form of fiction. The difference between good writing and say, writing like a fucking 12 year old, is establishing a world in your story where there are clear, sensible rules that everything adheres to, or at least goes to some length to explain why something is detached from the norm and how it fits into that world other than 'lol it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit'.

This is why, for instance, if you take GoT as an example, the earlier seasons hold up so much better than the later ones that introduce more and more bullshit that isn't explained, that pokes holes in the plot and setting.
>>
File: 14910223127530.gif (1.06 MB, 360x270)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>98058032
>>>98057064
>Do you know what physics is? Unless it completely rejects that, vibranium isn't doing shit to save the person wearing it in the way they are.
>implying that's not exactly what vibranium does
>>
>>98059214
>implying that fiction can't have believability, nor be grounded in some level of practicality in order to help the reader or audience relate more to characters and actions.
He didn't do that, anon.
>>
>>98059236
He did, though. His post doesn't even imply, it outright states a zero sum game.
>>
>>98059183
Just go to those "tropes you hate" thread. Also I have know idea of what point you were trying to make about music there
>>
>>98055718
The better trained you are the less armor you need.
>>
>>98058032
>Do you know what physics is? Unless it completely rejects that,
Bruh. That's literally the point of vibranium. Where you from?
>>
File: like excalibur.png (69 KB, 491x195)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>98059144
>there is a clear, obvious difference between the two.
Then it should be easy for you to explain it to me.

>I literally post evidence that throws your retarded argument out the window.
Where was that? You posting a comic cover that you picked up in that slap a jap thread the other day?

>FFS it took them over a decade to give Wolverine a movie with an R rating when the character has been hacking people to pieces longer than most people on this board have probably been alive.
The fuck does that have to do with anything. Wait do you think blood and graphic violence is what "mature" means?
>>
>>98059272
This. They have more armor than Hawkeye, Black Widow, Winter Soldier...
>>
>>98059303
>Then it should be easy for you to explain it to me
But I just fucking did across multiple posts and you completely ignored it.
>>
>>98059252
It absolutely doesn't. Not only do the examples he mentionned do what you say fiction can do, but so do the MCU movies. And even if you think they don't, he never said or implied it was impossible in any way, just merely implied that mature stories can force you to buy absolutely ridiculous things sometimes, without offering you an explanation for why they happen. And then he didn't imply that stories could be done that didn't have these weird nonsensical elements.
You literally built an argument out of nothing.
>>
>>98059359
>Wait, this man woke up one day as a bug? What the hell is that? I thought it was suppused to be a mature theme? What is this, some Disney cartoon?
>Wait, this guy was born as an oldman, and gets young with each year? This is so lolsorandom
>Are you telling me that this frankestein guy made a monster with fucking chemistry and eletricity? And that THIS is mature with deeper themes? This just regresses down to being power rangers.

Yes, none of this is a zero sum game or intentional retardation at all.
>>
>>98059269
Yes because some anon complaining about some random thing is the same thing as multiple threads for months on end about one movie trailer's aspects. It's not like there's a lot of hate for sword>guns in tropes threads either. Are you telling me all those threads are made by Frankfags? Because they're the last ones allowed to complain about realism.
>>
>>98055921
Like one crazy Anglo, sure.
>>
>>98059332
hhwat? I'm literally confused.
It went
>Marvel comics have mature topics and movies don't
>but that's wrong you retard
>you're right, but there's a clear difference
>what is it?
>I said it already

Is it graphic violence? You can say it, it's okay, I'll just laugh at you for thinking that's what makes something mature.
>>
>>98059421
Are you this new? Peoole talk shit about things way more when it's not even released. Who's Frank?
>>
>>98058764
Ennis is a faggot who should shut the fuck up. Soldiers love superheroes.
>>
>>98059483
He's talking about The Punisher
>>
>>98059418
Do you not know those stories he referenced? I really don't understand how his post said to you "fiction can't have believability, nor be grounded in some level of practicality in order to help the reader or audience relate more to characters and actions." in any way.

You really need to be able to explain your """"obvious"""" opinion instead of just stating it.
>>
File: 1495860423094.png (512 KB, 480x504)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>98059483
>Are you this new?
>Who's Frank?
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>98055957
Ethiopia survived the Rape of Africa by being so batshit insane and ruthless that the colonists that tried to colonize got their asses kicked twice were basically like, “Fuck this, I know we could probably win if we kept trying, but this is getting embarrassing. I don’t wanna keep losing to dudes with sticks and shields, me mates back at Europe will never let me hear the end of it.”
Now imagine that, but they’ve got swords that’ll cut through people like butter and spears that shoot lasers.
>>
>>98058772
Most comics do, but there is still a good number of capeshit that does mature concepts in a nuanced way. The movies still have a lot of way to go to reach the level of comics. Is there a superhero movie even half as good as Watchmen, Enigma, Fury: my War Gone by?
>>
>>98059537
There are a lot of Franks, anon. It's not a unique name
>>
it's better for mobility.
>>
>>98058783
The fact that you include Benjamin Button in the same category as Frankenstein and Metamorphosis just shows me that you haven't actually read any Fitzgerald and are namedropping popular 'literary' authors.

Button is an unremarkable work that has basically never been appreciated (most critics thought the majority of Fitzgerald's short stories were trash when they were first published and even now lots of critics would argue they were just a paycheck for him so that he could write his novels). The Ice Palace, Bernice Bobs her Hair, and The Diamond as Big as the Ritz (though I personally strongly dislike that one) are all better stories from his pre-war collections.
>>
>>98059619
No, and that's fair, but we're comparing like 100 cape movies tops to maybe a thousand of comic *runs*. I don't think the height of cape movies really even can reach the height of cape comics though, at least not adaptations, the limitations, rules, audiences, context of the 2 media are too different.
I haven't watched Watchment but it was doomed to fail as an adaptation for instance, for a couple of reasons that I can elaborate on if you want.
>>
>>98059647
On /co/ it is.
>>
>>98059647
>Are you this new [to the COMICS/CARTOON board of 4chan]?
>Who is [outrageously popular COMICS character]?
I think he's implying that you are a retard who doesn't know jack (who's jack?) shit about comics but still has the audacity to call other people new.
>>
>>98059595
To be fair, the wannabe colonizers were Italian. Poor Italians can't catch a break even when trying to invade an African country.
>>
File: CnrlS97WgAAic0t.jpg (104 KB, 966x630)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>98057636
I mean for having no access to good metals besides gold, they did remarkably well.
>>
>>98059790
Also no access to any decent cattle, which partly explained why they always privileged canals for transportation (to the point of never inventing the wheel).
>>
File: 1289786347036.jpg (40 KB, 429x410)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>98055921
>Swords were still being used in WWII and WWI even with guns being around
No, a tiny handful of absolute fucking retards actually tried swinging a sword during WWI and WWII, everyone else who wasn't a complete idiot used a gun; saying "swords were still being used" implies a gross overestimation. It's like when people constantly talk about that one moment during the Falklands War where the British did a bayonet charge as evidence that bayonets still have a place in modern combat, despite the fact that shit happened almost 40 years ago and was a very uncommon occurance, unheard of in the rest of the world that pretty much stopped using bayonets as anything but holding prisoners since the fucking 60's when semi-automatics became prevalent.
>>
>>98059782
I'm here for the "Cartoons" in "Comics & Cartoons" tho, I'm just on this thread because "Armor Thread". I called him new because apparently he's still not used with the complaining on this site, which btw is a much broader aspect than Comics & Cartoons that only constitute of a single board
>>
Because it's hot, you faggot.
>>
>>98056167
>guns look lame
>One of the most beloved moments in Thor comics is some dude fighting off massive hordes with a pair of M16A1's
>>
>>98060147
Because it's comically out of place and is an emotional moment, not because it's what all Asgardians should do. Believe me if they used guns constantly that moment would be completely forgotten.
>>
Anyone have that one page from the comics where Panther says "we invented technology to stop guns" and shows all the cops revolvers not working?
>>
>>98060190
No one is saying comic Asgadians should use guns, but its weird for MCU Asgardians considering what we've seen.
>>
>>98060222
But it's the same fucking thing goddamnit. If it "makes sense" for them to use guns then have them use guns all the time, and lose part of what makes them different from some dude with a gun.
>>
>>98058479
>>98059183
Oh yeah, ITT people are complaining more about the Asgardians and they leack of gun than the Wakandans
>>
>>98060190
Maybe, but the fact remains that it looked really cool to see a "god" wielding the sexiest variant of the M16 platform ever made.
Also, swords look lame as fuck compared to guns, legitimately all they are is a long piece of sharpened steel with a smaller piece of steel near the wood your hand holds; it's made out of ultimately four pieces of fixed metal while guns are a clever masterpiece of dozens of intricate moving pieces all working together to set off a chemical reaction, and on top of this all the components can be easily taken apart and appreciated separately to real be in awe at how complex or simple any given firearm can be whereas a well made sword has it's four components almost permanently fixed.
>>
>>98060249
But no one said they had to use guns all the time. They can still use laser swords, its their thing. I'm sure you can see the benefit of a projectile weapon as a backup
>>
>>98056016
lol, found the triggered drumpftard
>>
>>98056040
Who doesn't?
>>
>>98060345
By swords I meant """"swords"""" as in weapons less practical than guns, which thus tend to appear less in movies.
>muh mechanism
Go away /k/.
>>
>>98060366
Practically yeah. Narratively no. Visually I think it's a negative.
The people who are suggested to use guns (both wakandans and asgardians) are mooks, they're going to die or win or whatever depending on what the plot says, but it's not going to be because Army X has a more practical arsenal than Army Y, it's going to be because Protagonist wins against Antagonist. This shit's like Dynasty Warrior essentially, mooks don't fucking matter.
>>
>>98055718
Well what do (you) mean?
>>
Even the group of women they're based on used guns.
>>
File: A magical place 2.jpg (3.17 MB, 3000x1918)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>98060502
>Go away /k/
Never
>>
>>98055718
you are this fucking stupid
>>
>>98060210
No but have this
>>
>>98055770

This is a really fucking stupid question to ask in a comic book movie, just saying.
>>
>>98057822
Let it go, Australia. You can't keep getting mad you got outsmarted by birds.
>>
File: Amanda_front_XL.jpg (171 KB, 800x1058)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
It's called a dart.
>>
>>98060740
How can you stop a fully-contained chemical reaction in a gun with a "jammer"? This seems like a bunch of B.S.!
>>
>>98055770
Why would someone put a fake flag there.
>>
File: 123432141324.png (1.51 MB, 683x1024)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>98055718
Because Africans are well known for the modesty
>>
>>98061106
>>98058121
>>
Bras are a symbol of colonialism
>>
>>98057770
Because nobody wants to watch that movie.
>>
>>98061121
Quick guess and google search: pretty sure it's a Boko Haram pic, probably an official one, and I'm guessing when they noticed you couldn't tell it was their flag because of the wind they shooped in a fake one.
I guess they haven't heard why the burger flag flies on the moon.
>>
>>98058032
>does vibranium reject physics
Yes.
>>
>>98057822
They let you off aussie boy.
Don't tempt their wrath twice. Besides aren't at war with Rabbits, Toads, Rats and Wild pigs at the moment.
>>
>>98055807
what, they almost won you uneducated numbskull
>>
>>98058032
Haha idiot.
>>
File: yes and.jpg (5 KB, 201x201)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>98055718
>>
>>98055718
Y-you can hardly see them nipples...
>>
>>98055807
That was mostly because of disease though. Europeans were (are) dirty as fuck
>>
File: odin gun.jpg (481 KB, 1280x984)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>98056554
They most certainly have guns. It's just that they use them when the writer decides that maybe the divine should have access to modern armaments.
>>
File: 1515028634612.jpg (2.96 MB, 1491x2292)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>98055770
Apparently, they have techno towers that stop ballistic weapons from firing while in its area of effect.
>>
>>98058103
> Further proof that all Marvel females are basically props for the male characters.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (51 KB, 800x450)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>98055718
I see what you mean... but...do they know de wey?
>>
>>98057987
>aztecs were not a warrior culture
aztec life was literally war
>>
>>98055957
>>98055770
WE
>>
>>98064123
Wait, I'm a fucking retard. It's Cap and Buck from the infinity war trailer. This is what I get for not keeping up isn't it?
>>
>>98063556
>>
Those ain't nips, they're bust darts.
>>
>>98064332
Wakanda really is on another level.
>>
>>98058032
I want newfags to leave.
>>
>>98055718
>highly trained warriors
>no helmets
>>
>>98063764
stop reading comics
>>
>>98065946
>/co/ in a nutshell
>>
>>98058032
Man, I don't even keep up with comic's that much and I know how retarded you are. I mean the stuff absorbs sound and kinetic energy.
>>
>>98055718
It means battle bikini are fine
>>
>>98055718

But do they know be whey?
>>
>>98056244
>>98056266
he's a God. If he doesn't want to run out of ammo, he doesn't.
>>
>>98057064
If a nipple can deform vibranium why can't a bullet?
>>
>>98056488
Vibranium is wizard robes, they act like robes but no harm for the user can go through them
>>
>>98062992
I really can't think of a bullshit reason that would stop any kind of projectile-firing weapon.
>>
>>98056488
Vibranium is magic, is the best conductive material except if you don't want it to be, is the toughest and softest, is the warmest and coolest, is everything you want at anymoment. It's so good those spears can be thrown into infinite distance (because vibranium has no wind resistance and is infinite aerodynamic) and return at the speed of light
>>
>>98065968
Can vibranium tank Black Bolt? Like, if you made him a vibranium gag, would he be able to do his thing?
>>
>>98066124
what's better, vibranium or adamantium?
>>
>>98066124
How did they forge it?
>>
>>98066139
p sure adamantium was the result of trying to mimic or do something with vibranium
afaik its adamantium is inferior
>>
>>98066098
Magnetic rays that targeted the guns causing their firing mechanism to seized up, I guess.
>>98066139
Vibranium is more versatile but Adamantium is stronger. It's pretty much Superman vs Flash debate
>>98066146
I don't know. I'm still wondering how they do anything with it since exposure to raw Vibranium is supposed to mutate humans into monsters like it did to Klaw
>>
>>98066179
nope. adamantium got different properties but it's not "vibranium lite". Do you even alloys?
>>
>>98066146
Literally in the post you're replying, it's as tough or soft as you want, do you want to forge it? then is soft and malleable then when you want it to be a weapon it becomes tough and infinite stiff
>>
>>98066126
iirc, black bolt's voice isn't sound based but particle manipulation or something, same thing that grants him his strength and flight.
that said, vibranium is marvel's speed force, it would tank it with no explanation beyond it being vibranium.
>>
>>98066214
i shouldn't have said anything lol
>>
>>98055807
and 30,000 natives who thought that there's no way possible the Spanish could be worse
and disease
>>
>>98057987
>Aztecs were not a warrior culture
>Literally kept the flower wars going just to train their troops and get sacrifices
>>
>>98055718
DO NOT TALK TRASH! They are Ugandan warriah!
>>
>>98056353
>>98060147
It's a cool moment in spite of the guns. He could literally have any weapons or none and it wouldn't have made the scene any cooler, retards.
>>
>>98066086

Vibranium's a smart material, except "smart" is synonymous with "magic" because comic books.
>>
>>98060393
anyone who speaks the truth are triggered trump supporters now? Fucking retarded tumblrites always say the dumbest shit.
>>
>>98055718
vibranium nipples
>>
>>98067970

yes, women being highly trained in fighting is absolutely impossible. this is the truth, particularly in a fictional series where they come from a highly advanced african nation led by a guy who dresses up as a panther.
>>
>>98058121
>>98058373
>>98059223
>>98059295
>>98061204
>>98065968
>>98066280

not that i didn't know this, but i still get a kick sometimes out of capefags proudly describing one of the many things that keeps capeshit from being anything other than child level entertainment despite the fact that it's mostly enjoyed by middle aged guys these days

and before someone replies with a dumb post, no i don't watch cartoons either, i'm just here for the shitposting and the occasional indie comic thread
>>
>>98055770

Same way Black Bimbo took out 12 armed mercenaries with punches and kicks
>>
>>98068298
I don't *want* capeshit to be elevated. I read things that are adult, smart, have internally consistent physics, whatever you want to call it, I don't need capes for that.
>>
>>98068395
Ok whatever, but at least have a modicum of shame about it. Shame is a valuable tool that allows you to enjoy pretty much anything without being full manchild autistic about it the way most people here are
>>
>>98068198
>yes, women being highly trained in fighting is absolutely impossible. this is the truth

Finally, one of you actually admit the truth. Now that my work is done I can fap peacefully now.
>>
>>98060345
Swords look way cooler than guns, are you gay?
>>
>>98055807
That and diseases.
>>
>>98056016
It's funny because it's more believable in Anime than in live action.
>>
>>98069504
>at least have a modicum of shame about it.
Why would I?
>Shame is a valuable tool that allows you to enjoy pretty much anything without being full manchild autistic about it the way most people here are
Seems like you need some of your own remedy, anon.
>>
>>98055718
>highly trained bodyguards
>couldn't protect THE GODDAMN KING from some 3rd world mercenary widower
>>
>>98055718
LOL who is going to want to look at those faces for 2 hours?
>>
File: oh well.jpg (80 KB, 478x667)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>read the news
>Drumpf says Africa is a shithole
>which means all the white SJWs will fly to see this movie, to stick it to DA DON
>>
File: Don-Camillo-e-Peppone.jpg (31 KB, 600x410)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>98071270
>sullying BASED Fernandel with off topic politics shitposting about muh drumpf
Shame on you.
>>
>>98055750
>armor is for pussies
>gets stabbed
>gets shot
>gets literally punched
Ah..ahahahahahahahahahaah
>>
>>98055750
Until the Conquistadors, weren't the Aztecs the greatest in terms of weapons an armor in the region?
>>
File: wat.jpg (66 KB, 468x657)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>98071727
What can I say? I didn't have any better pic at hand.
>>
>>98069504
You need to deploy your own shame atm, anon
>>
File: Fernandel_width1024.jpg (115 KB, 1024x1460)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>98072039
It's okay for this time but don't do it again.
>>
File: thumb up.jpg (78 KB, 468x648)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>98072163
Pas de probleme.
>>
>>98061769
almost doesn't mean shit
>>
>>98055718
Nothing long
>>
>>98055718
WE
>>
File: horny.jpg (44 KB, 400x400)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>98071270
>Calls shitty countries shitty
>People freak out
>Quiet down in like twelve hours because they realize they are now responsible for proving Darfur isn't a shitty place to live.

4D chess
>>
>>98055718
>What did they mean by this?
show that they are queens if their manfaces confuse you
>>98064250
>DE WAY OF THE KANGZ
>>
>>98061127
Is that from your fap folder, anon?
>>
Aren't they royal guards and prime waifu material? Is functionality really that important if thats their role?
>>
African Queens are not afraid of their body wh*Toid
>>
>>98059595
Ethiopia survived by being friends with the British Empire.
>>
>>98067844
Not "comic books" as much as it is "lazy as fuck writing"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.