[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: varian.jpg (129 KB, 703x383)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
They actually did it. No more status-quo.

Varian now unredeemable, Rapunzel travelling beyond the kingdom, more lore. How the hell did the series get so good?
>>
>>98072645
Hope he comes back.
>>
>>98035839

friendly recommendation to perhaps discuss here. Thread splitting is lethal for a show with such a small following
>>
>>98074848
so is creating threads about Tangled without the word "Tangled" in them.
>>
>>98074848
Nothing but waifu-fagging

No thanks. I would rather see the thread die then joining a general.
>>
The crew working on Tangled: the Series is full of longtime industry veterans. Look at its IMDb page, there's guys who've worked on stuff since Treasure Planet and The Critic, people who've worked on ATLA and LOK. They really know how to write for television animation.

Now compare it to Steven Universe, where the oldest credit on crew page is probably Ian's work on The Venture Bros.
>>
File: 7888.jpg (60 KB, 245x281)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>98075450
>Treasure Planet and The Critic, people who've worked on ATLA and LOK.

How on earth is this series barely on the spotlight?
>>
So how many recurring characters are going to go travel the world with Our Heroes? The fewer the better, in my opinion.
>>
>>98075450
One of the directors (Stephen Sandoval) worked on Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls
>>
>>98075450
It really is a very well made show

In a day where on model art is seen as non necessary by some, it's quite nice to have Tangled TS' consistency

>>98075863
I'd be willing to bet it's just Raps (pascal), Eugene and Cass. Maybe Max

With William Wallace pursuing them
>>
File: free form jazz.png (283 KB, 387x456)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>98072645
I remember feeling the same thing when it happened to Star Vs The Forces Of Evil. Then that hype fizzled out when the inevitable happened: third season started and the show began to suck.

Not telling you that you should stop liking things, just be warned not to fall for the hype and be ready when quality starts taking a nosedive.
>>
>>98075450
Not to mention Alan Menken being on hand as a composer
>>
>>98072645
Guillotine or burned at the stake are the only reasonable punishments possible for that little shit.
>>
>>98075528
Disney channel tomfoolery.
>>
>>98076156
>No shipping love triangle bullshit (In show)

>Deepest lore isn't locked away in the deepest secret box

>Villains are suitably built up, and their conflicts aren't immediately resolved

>show doesn't air in bombs

Shit nigger we're already in a better spot than most of the popular shows airing
>>
V A R I A N
>>
>>98076286
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>98076414
watch the show
>>
Varian is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>98072645
My only complaint with Varian is that he (and maybe his dad) should've had just more focus before he went evil as fuck. It would've had a bigger impact.

Not that I'm complaining that much, I love this nigga being totally insane.
>>
is it bad that when Varian was saying how he'll make his dad proud I started laughing because the little trash panda was stroking his face?
seemed to take away all the tension of that scene
>>
>>98076569
I thought the trash panda cowering when he started his evil reprise the first time was also a tension-killer. I'm supposed to expect more from a kid's cartoon, right?
>>
>>98076568
I think they had enough setup for him to become antagonistic

Not quite enough to have him go full supervillain though

His father, and whatever the deal is with the circle and strike symbol wearing people like the person with the stone sword in the stinger, seems to be another mystery entirely, since Kieran seemed to be aware of what would happen if the sun flower was disturbed, but not exactly what would happen

I'm curious though, he was planning to simply move away from the black rocks, so did he know that they weren't purely chaotic destruction?

Biggest of all where are the rocks leading?
>>
>>98076696
arendelle
>>
what did he do that was unredeemable?
>>
>>98076770
>Zhan Tiri was confirmed to be stuck in the Shadow Realm around Queen for a Day so he couldn't have caused the storm

>Rapunzel and crew are led to Arendelle where it is learned that similarly to queen Arianna, Elsa and Anna's mother took ill during childbirth, requiring special magic

>the queen ate the Moon flower and it's magic gave Elsa her ice powers (and white hair)

>the flowers being gone is causing the rocks and storms to manifest

>the two groups have to figure out how to restore balance

This fanfiction is getting out of hand
>>
>>98072645
Varian better not be unredeemable
>>
>>98077092
in his strange way he saved the kingdom from rock destruction by making mess, when the king was hiding in his castle and pretending that nothing is happening
he is a hero that corona need not the one they want
>>
>>98076414
Went off the rails and tried to kill Rapunzel when things failed on his end.
>>
>>98076546
I want Varian to cuddle me.
>>
>>98077092
He didn't want Rapunzel to have a happy ending if he couldn't. Then he taunted her about making her feel pain as much as he did by torturing (Slowly killing?) the Queen and Casandra in front of her. I say he's pretty unredeemable at this point.
>>
I don't think Varian's the worst guy to come, not by a longshot

>>98077453

I think atonement helping against a greater evil could be in the books
>>
>>98077479

Man, I hope not. I was glad to see him go full supervillain at the end there. There needs to be some consequence to failing so spectacularly as king and having one of your brightest young subjects turn into the force threatening to rip your kingdom apart seems fitting.
>>
File: MR-26586-799677-30.jpg (6 KB, 185x149)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>mfw we still don't know what the amber encrusted letter says

IT'S RIGHT THERE. WHY.
>>
File: trad344.jpg (87 KB, 500x686)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>98077479
>helping against a greater evil

I hope Varian becomes the greater evil.
>>
>>98077355
>I want Varian to crush me in his giant mech
>>
I NEED EP LIIIIIIIIIIINKS
>>
>>98077650
that absolutely pissed "Varian" Rapunzel gave when she found out he'd nabbed the queen was so fucking hot

>>98077901
Kimcartoon (make sure it's .me) works well enough. Haven't heard trace of any mega
>>
>>98077858
I want this.
>>
All this insane shit and Gothel's barely even been mentioned.
>>
>>98078025
Well Gothel is dead so....
>>
Was anyone else here disappointed in how Varian was defeated? That was some last-minute, ass-pull powerup that really marred the episode. If they wanted to go with magic spike control they should have hinted at it earlier on. All we got before this episode was Spikes+Hair = explosions.
>>
>>98078116
Spike+Hair= Spike grow
It's still Spike+Hair = Spike Growth, now with control.
>>
>>98078025
What if Varian is Gothel's son?
>>
Not me. I was too drawn in by how well Varian's VA was playing it all out. Like god damn....

IMO it didn't really seem like a last minute thing. She knew she was connected some how and took a gamble after avoiding it for so long. Her hair kinda has a mind of it's own.
>>
They need to give Eugene more serious plots.
>>
>>98078203
Varian's VA is really fucking good. The dialogue he gets isn't even great, but he makes it 100% believable.
>>
>>98072645
>Rap leaving the Kingdom
Arendelle arc for season 2
Rapunzel vs Elsa
FIRE VS ICE
WAIFUBOWL CONFIRMED GET HYPE
>>
>>98078320
>he makes it 100% believable.

Absolutely. It's probably the best VA I've heard in a very long time. Not in styling like Steven Blum but the acting of stress and anguish is top notch.
>>
>>98078439
>Fire
But nothing about Rapunzel is fire power related.
>>
>>98078483
Sun, Fire. close enough
Both are gloriously incandescent.
>>
>>98078439
If they do meet then I really hope the writers put in a joke about them looking the same.
>>
>>98078483
Her symbol is a huge fireball bigger than several planets. She's powered by sun drop magic.
>>
>>98076546
>>98072645
Varian?
>>
>>98078603
So she's gonna give her warm feelings to death?
>>
Ready As I'll Ever Be was hype as fuck, maybe the best Disney song in a while, even? I love Varian's VA, he's done such an amazing job and his singing parts give me goosebumps.
This show has been pretty good from the beginning with a lot of safe, silly episodes, but holy fuck did this get intense towards the end.
>>
>>98078807
YEAH, rapunzel is much way better princess of the virgin princess star, seriosly this little princess hobe suffer more the next arc star butterfly not rapunzel
>>
I'M BEING SENT TO A CONVENT TOMORROW
>>
File: cryptologists.jpg (103 KB, 700x700)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>98078865
>>
File: 1486942974141.gif (811 KB, 160x160)
811 KB
811 KB GIF
>show keeps delivering
Had a good feeling about it and now I'm delighted.
>>
>>98078892
sorry, new laptop
>>
>>98078909
I try to say that this series based on a movie is much better in every aspect than star vs the forces of the shipping
>>
>>98078909
>>98078936
>new laptop
Should have opted for a new brain
>>
>>98078936
the chad princess
>have a healthy relationship with her first boyfriend
>
>>
File: hell yeah.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>98078909
No problerinos my man.

>>98078936
I like Star Vs. but then again I enjoy the whole "who's with who" rollercoaster. I do see how it affects the quality of the show though, since I think they went pretty overboard with that aspect and the story itself kinda took a backseat for a while. And that Marco/Kelly stuff seemed like an unnecessary asspull.
This Tangled series surprised me though. At first it seemed like a pretty OK show to watch every now and then, but ended up looking forward to new episodes and loving it.
>>
>>98075528
It's a series targeted for little girls that only waifufags watch. It's not a unique IP either.
>>
>>98074848
>encouraging general faggotry
You are the cancer.
>>
>>98078968
Virgin magical princess
>Kicked out of her own dimension because her parents got sick of her teenager shit
>Nemesis for most of first season is a manlet with a bald spot
>sidekick is an effeminate mexican and various high schoolers
>social autist who constantly endangers others with her lack of understanding of the world
>can't hold a healthy relationship to save her life, flits from relationship to relationship without consideration. Is vengeful and jealous

Chad sun-blessed royal
>Stolen as a baby because she's so great
>has foiled the plots of master thieves, mad alchemists, and primordial sorcerers
>adventures with a master rogue, a hardened warrior, and a contingent of loyal criminals
>instinctually sweet, kind, and helpful to all she meets after spending her entire life in a tower
>has been going steady with the love of her life, even turns down a hasty marriage proposal because the timing wasn't right. Is in almost perfect synch with her lover

I love Star too, though. This show is refreshingly simple in many regards however
>>
>>98078203
>>98078320

He's pretty great in Supergirl too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jR2o4BZ3QA
>>
>>98078990
Does that thread say general? Did I say general? At the time this thread had very few posters, and I thought consolidating in an existing thread was a serviceable option. Fuck off
>>
Varian is the new Mr. Freeze(B:TAS).
>>
>>98079335
Kieran snowglobe available at Disney stores when?
>>
>>98079148
>Virgin magical princess
>>Kicked out of her own dimension because her parents got sick of her teenager shit
>>Nemesis for most of first season is a manlet with a bald spot
>>sidekick is an effeminate mexican and various high schoolers
>>social autist who constantly endangers others with her lack of understanding of the world
>>can't hold a healthy relationship to save her life, flits from relationship to relationship without consideration. Is vengeful and jealous
>Chad sun-blessed royal
>>Stolen as a baby because she's so great
>>has foiled the plots of master thieves, mad alchemists, and primordial sorcerers
>>adventures with a master rogue, a hardened warrior, and a contingent of loyal criminals
>>instinctually sweet, kind, and helpful to all she meets after spending her entire life in a tower
>>has been going steady with the love of her life, even turns down a hasty marriage proposal because the timing wasn't right. Is in almost perfect synch with her lover
>I love Star too, though. This show is refreshingly simple in many regards however
>has matured much more in a single season than star in his entire three seasons
>e the list goes on and on
>>
>>98078807
Yeah the song was great.
>>
>>98079514
>>>/wsg/2060185
>>
>>98072645
>>unredeemable
irredeemable, unless this is a meme, then carry on.
>>
File: Gul'dan laugh.gif (2.42 MB, 359x202)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB GIF
>>98076546
>>98078673
Let's hope he doesn't run into any dashingly good-looking Orcish Warlocks in the near future.
>>
Crackpot time

Black sword lady from the end is Varian's absent mother

Nobody said she was dead, right?
>>
>>98079815
>Varian's mum is just as big a nutjob as he is
>>
>>98072645
Show would be better if Raps and Cass were nudists.
>>
>>98080132
Can't you jack off to real women?
>>
>>98080132
Raps is a hippie so she probably does get into her natural state every once and a while.
>>
>>98072645
So did Varian ever try reading the note his dad wrote?
>>
In the movie there are four sisters who braid Rapunzel's hair when she first gets to Corona, but in the show they only show three of them. What happened to the other sister?
>>
>>98080821
The rocks got her
>>
>>98072645
Was this the season finale?
Also, lady with the sword made of one of the black rocks seems badass.
>>
>>98080947
Her hair was white and braided.

I wonder if she used to be like Rapunzel
>>
Link anyone?
>>
>>98080947
season finale, yeah
>>
>>98076354
>doesn't air in bombs
Wrong. The ONLY episode that did not air as part of a bomb was the holiday one. There were two hiatues about 3-4 months each
>>
>>98081924
what are you talking about
>>
>>98079569
Holy shit, thanks man.
>>
>>98083480
No probs.
>>
>>98081924
it's not a bomb when the show is airing on a regular weekly schedule, nigga
>>
>>98081655
Anyone know when the next season starts?
>>
>>98075863
rapunzel, eugene, cass, pascal, max, and the owl who is supposedly always around even though its only ever done anything like twice

possibly lance as well
>>
>>98083577
not that I can find any info on

But it premiered in March, so maybe the next season will come along then

I'd bet on the summer personally
>>
>>98083896
I hope Lance is along as well.
For the hopefully inevitable meeting with the girl duo who they helped.
>>
>>98076354
Instead the show airs randomly, on the plus side though its fully greenlit so there is no sorry about lore being ruined by cancelation
>>
File: smug lolis.png (533 KB, 789x721)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>98084413
>>
so we getting all six other kingdoms on this little stroll then?
>>
>>98086362
We saw one already right? During Eugene and the King's heist episode
>>
>>98074848
I literally would have ignored this thread had it had that title. Jerking it to waifus and all that associated shitposting doesn't make a show sound worth watching.
>>
>>98086390
oof, I'd blanked that one from my memory it was boring
>>
>>98079569
Shit, this is actually pretty cool. That dude has a good VA. Are the two black haired characters singing siblings?

This show looks much better than I ever imagined it being, someone sell it to me. Guessing this takes place after the movie? Where did all these other chars come from?
>>
>>98075863
[tv movie]tangled: phantom gothel
[previous episodes]tangled: town tendency
[now] tangled: corona crusaders
[next]tangled: varian is unredeemable
>>
>>98087811
>two black haired characters
You mean Cass and Eugene? Or Cass and Varian? Either way, Cassandra is Rapunzel's handmaiden, Eugene you should probably know and Varian is an alchemist that turns bad as you might see.

This show takes place between Tangled and Tangled: Ever After according to Wikipedia. I'm not sure if I've seen Ever After - I might've, but I have no recollection of it. It's a pretty OK show, the animation can be fairly tweeny a la Flash at times, but usually it's passable. VA work is pretty nice, especially Varian, and the show does the usual "start a story and then derail into episodic filler with hints towards the story every now and then" thingamajig. It's still a very enjoyable show in my opinion and doesn't have a lot of things that nag me, other than that stupid drunk dwarf they keep adding for comedic relief. And towards the end when the story kicked in gear, it starts getting pretty intense and doesn't let go.
>>
File: 73.jpg (12 KB, 235x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>98072645
>>98075450
>>98075875
>>98076073
Alright I'm sold
Downloads where?
>>
>>98087811
Some people like to theorize that Cassandra, the black haired girl, is Gothel's child since she is canonically adopted by the captain of the guard

But the other black haired kid, Varian, had a family portrait in his home, and no mention of siblings. All such is merely wild speculation at this point

>>98087933
Before Ever After is basically the movie pilot for the show, where you meet most of the important show characters and Rapunzel gets her hair back/the black rocks start to appear
>>
>>98087980
unfortunately it seems our source(s) either died or haven't gotten to it yet

Again, kimcartoon.ME is up to date on the show, if you're willing to use a website
>>
>>98088078
Will do
Cheers m8
>>
Reminder this guy is at fault for everything

>Ignore warnings to kill flower for his own gain
>No one else can now use it like they did before
>Keep flower in vault thinking it may come in handy again, but don't tell anyone
>Reunite with daughter who was locked in a tower for 18 years
>Lock her in a tower
>Magic rocks start appearing same time as duaghter's magic hair regrows
>Ignore it
>Rocks devastate your lands
>Ignore it
>Your people are unable to grow crops and are forced out from their homes
>Ignore it
>Most of your Kingdom is now destroyed by magic rocks, person who warned you is now trapped in one
>Send royal guard to cover up and destroy the scroll that show's how you fucked up
>Lie Lie and Lie again
>Lock daughter in tower (for the 3rd time) and send her most capable bodyguard to a convent
>People of the capital finally find out about the magic rocks when they are at the doorstep
>Tell them "the truth" and pass the blame onto the one person in the Kingdom trying to stop the rocks
>>
Varien was in the Death Note musical
https://youtu.be/h-LesrOXb4Q
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>98088177
Damn. And double dubs too

Yeah he fucked the dog here there and everywhere
>>
>>98088329
Oh God damn it those aren’t actually double dubs ignore me
>>
File: 1512352253969.jpg (8 KB, 480x360)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>98088243
Thanks for posting that, never knew that was a thing. Now I've gotta watch Tangled and this musical. This thread's been super helpful.
>>
File: file.png (483 KB, 671x374)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
is that flynn voice penn zero?
the art and the voice keep making me think of penn zero
>>
File: dragon age leliana.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>hot lesbian/bi girl in a convent
This is both familiar and arousing.
>>
>cast is going abroad

Wait, does this...possible crossovers?
>>
>>98089300
The animation style is done by the same studio but the VA are not the same. Thomas Middleditch is Penn while Zachary Levi reprised his role as Flynn for the show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbx6GTK71Y
Damn this is a good song.
>>
File: 1500497760471.png (66 KB, 510x332)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>98078865
Are you ok, anon?
>>
>>98091256
Rocks got him
>>
Redeem my nigga Varian.
>>
File: 1376917735095.jpg (509 KB, 500x730)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>98092550
No redemption. Varian will make a deal with Zhan Tiri and complete his transformation of going full disney villain.
>>
>>98092672
>have a young teenager get a didney deff

You think they have the balls to try this on the mouse's turf?
>>
>>98093777
Probably not but they should. There's not enough Disney teen villains.
>>
>>98088243
This musical was never produced, right?
>The comments keep mentioning they sound like Disney princes
>>
>>98088177
Yeah Frederic really fucked shit up by digging his head in the sand and not taking the rocks as a serious threat.

They were thought to be unbreakable, and they were destroying the entire kingdom.
Even if he just wanted to protect his daughter, he should have been coming up with evacuation plans, making deals with other countries to take in his people as refugees including Rapunzel.
Figure out some way to keep the citizens of his country alive.
>>
>>98088177
meh. hindsight is always 20-20
>>
>>98091122

Man, Varian went way over the deep end.
>>
>>98072645
I really need to catch up on this. Where I'm at Varian is still just a cute bumbling scientist, but now I have to see how we go from there to here.
>>
I just marathoned the first season and I must say I regret not watching it earlier, this show's really good.
Varian turning into a full on villain surprised me in a good way and didn't feel forced at all.
Also the animation is top tier
>>
>>98096513
It's okay for tweened 2d puppets.
>>
>>98096513
>tfw compared to SU, the pretty damn lengthy hiatuses have been a blink of the eye
>>
>>98091122
Yikes. Watching this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6SzWvggq0&t=29s

and then that... He's really fucking things up. I really want to see his dad's reaction to what he became.
>>
Anyone have clear pictures of the symbols? Some of them vaguely resemble comets or meteors.
>>
Is there any possibility of them releasing a soundtrack for the show in the future? There's been a lot of good songs.
>>
>>98097331
No, but I remember them

The entrance to Demanitus’ weather machine was three circles arranged in a sort of curve

The symbol on Kieran and black rock sword lady’s gear is a single circle with three scratched marks, presumably the one you think looks a bit like a comet
>>
Storyboard anon here, thank you for watching! I hate to be that guy, but if you could somehow watch it from an official source, it would actually really help us get more credit from the execs
>>
File: 1509646515218.png (345 KB, 406x380)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>98097646
Half of me believes you are. Other half doesn't. Either way, sorry! I don't have a dish/ or cable.
>>
>>98097646
I am a subhuman in a shit world country, but seems our Disney Channel will release the show in my language soon. I'll make sure my daughter and I watch it.
>>
>>98097646
Wish I could. Disney channel a shit in my country. Everything is dubbed and they refuse to broadcast dualaudio even though it's a digital signal.
>>
>>98097646
Watched it on my dvr, then caught the rerun between the airings of the movie live, and will watch it on demand later.
>>
>>98097646

Is there a way to do that through a computer?

We don't have cable.
>>
>>98097646

I would if Disney would make it easy to fucking watch in my country. Tell them to get off their ass and push more episodes to iTunes. I'd fucking buy it if I could but the last episode up there is Under Wraps.
>>
>>98076156
>dead hype into season 3
Yeah I'm sure the literal months of no content before and after season premier had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>98087980
i dont mean to trow water at your parade, but we should try and support the show by buying the online episodes
>>
>>98097849
This.
>>
A full season in and we haven’t seen The Baron

I mean shit, we’ve seen a glimpse of Zhan Tiri through the portal, but not a hair of this guy
>>
>>98094283
Yeah, it was more or less a test to see if it could get localized in the west but, never really took off
>>
Sorry it’s hard to watch legitimately. I understand. I know it’s available on the Disney Now app, but you might need a cable package to access it. I think they released some episodes on YouTube too?

From what I understand, they’re having a really hard time getting ratings data because nobody really watches traditional TV anymore.
>>
When is Disney's streaming service starting? Will be like Netflix where all episodes of a new season are released the same day?
>>
>>98100281

So on the off chance you come back here and see this: is there a way to connect to Disney about the availability of their shows outside of the USA? Because, fuck, it is HARD to get this shit legit if you don't live in America. Like I would love to watch Tangled in a way that ups your analytic but fuck me I don't know how. If you need numbers I'd love to give y'all a +1 but as it stands there's no way for me to do it. Hell, I pirated all of Gravity Fall for just this reason, and I LOVED that show. I just recently got it off iTunes and that required getting itunes which is already kind of gross.
>>
>>98101045
>mega Corp like didney

>hearing an anon from wherever you are

Sorry dude
>>
File: iQRjbb6.png (313 KB, 622x464)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>98100281
>I know it’s available on the Disney Now app, but you might need a cable package to access it.
> cable package

I hate this. I hate you have to pay around $80 a month for 100+ useless channels when I only need around 5-8.
>>
>>98078807
he's an experienced Broadway and theatrical singer, and it definitely shows in his performance on the show.

He was the lead character in Newsies--the version that was filmed for theatrical and then digital release. He also played JM Barrie in the superior pre-Broadway version of Finding Neverland before the producers replaced him.
>>
File: 128735812410517797.jpg (11 KB, 320x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>98100281
>because nobody really watches traditional TV anymore.
>>
>>98088243
>>98100192
It wasn't a test to see if it could get localized in the West, it was never intended for a release outside Asia. A Japanese company commissioned Frank Wildhorn (whose musicals flop in America but sell amazingly well in Europe and Asia) to do the show. He doesn't speak Japanese so he wrote the demo songs in English, which a Japanese lyricist then translated for the first production. It's also been performed in Korea. Anyway, almost all of his shows, even some without American/English productions yet, have professional studio-produced demo recordings.
>>
What happened? I don't mind spoilers
>>
>>98102786
Not that anon but it's been going down hill.
>>
>>98102786
I just sat here for 5 minutes trying the think where I have seen that guys face, and I'm fairly certain he was the mob boss in Ghost Dog.
>>
>>98101045
Sorry anon, I’m not sure, but I get the feeling they want to localize it themselves? There are lots of official dubs out already, but all things considered I’m just a peon so I have no idea... thanks for trying though!
>>
>>98084945
idk, the only breaks so far were to hype up the TV movie specials (like this and Queen for a Day)

Changing timeslots aside, still way better than the Stevenbomb tomfuckery.
>>
>>98097646
just wanna say, you guys are doing an amazing job and i am hyped as FUCK for season 2

you guys do better TV movies than half of what the late 2000's gave us
>>
https://youtu.be/2ZpAEdiBDw4
Who do you think they are?
>>
>>98104411
well I went back to QFAD and looked at the portrait of Varian's mother, but don't see much resemblance

Obviously has some history with Quirin's group. May even want to do something similar to Varian and get the Sun's magic out of Rapunzel to fix the imbalance
>>
File: 1414716303840.png (27 KB, 215x203)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
The mystery group knows all about the Sundrop flower and the secrets of it. Gothel is super old and also knew of the flower before the King did. Was she originally part of the mystery group but went rogue?
>>
can there be an episode where Raps and Cass become nudists?
>>
>>98104945
self immolate you fucking hippy
>>
>>98104411
>Who do you think they are?
She looks as old as Gothel. My money is on sister who was part of secret order which is how Gothel heard about the flower in the first place.
>>
>>98105032
Raps is a hippy so she's probably already one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwTGaplnj7Y

U-uhhhh, any niggas able to read old norse runes wanna double check this?

>an explanation of the whereabouts of the Moon droplet
>The piece of scroll depicting what become of it is torn away
>Rapunzel and friends are going on a quest outside of Corona, lead by the black rocks, which are said to be tied to Moon magic

Doesn't explain why Elsa/the royal bloodline got ice magic when the Sun magic involves healing and youth, but shit

Nigga, if we get an actual fuckin Frozen/Tangled crossover arc
>>
>>98105289
If they do that I don't know whether it will be awesome or terrible. I'm leaning toward hoping they don't since it's rather fanficcy and Tangled can and should stand on it's own without shoving a more popular but lesser quality franchise into it.
>>
>>98104945
I'd be down for that.
>>
I just watched this show for the first time because of this thread. It was pretty slow to start, but those last few episodes were absolutely great. Thanks for telling me why I should watch it OP
>>
I hope the mega anon is still around
>>
>>98106164
Welcome aboard

>>98105479
Maybe it’ll just be hinted at, and no direct crossing of the streams happens
>>
File: 1382169640502.gif (947 KB, 499x477)
947 KB
947 KB GIF
Are the barbarians in this show?
>>
>>98104945
>not wanting superior penis inspection episode

>raps and cass gets called in for inspection
>to the inspectors surprise, no penises found
>hilarity ensues while they try to fix the mix up

>b plot involving pascal and creative use of colors
>>
So I stopped watching this week to week after I found out Disney was fucking around with the broadcast order.
Now that the season is done does anyone have a list of what the intended order is.
>>
>>98097646
If you can find a way to get Varian fisted in the ass by Flynn into the show, then I will buy every copy of your blu ray and watch every episode as it airs
>>
So the show is actually really good?

I probably need to rewatch Tangled, then, have been years.
>>
sell me on this show guys
>>
>>98105285
Reminder that Gothel is hundreds of years old.
>>
>>98109080
Was
>>
>>98107316
Wikipedia should >>98108112
Nice art and animation; lovely pure protagonist; reasonable filler episode ratio, and a cool ongoing plot with decent mystery
>>
File: tower.jpg (144 KB, 713x398)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>98108112
They're not shying away from the consequences.
>>
>>98107115

They are, and Rapunzel goes out of her way to help them each follow their dreams in their own individual spotlight episodes.
>>
>>98110030
>Nice art and animation
I love the art in this show, but the animation itself is pretty iffy desu
>>
File: 70fe1702.jpg (39 KB, 640x360)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>98096974
I would be surprised if they didn't make a reprised version of this before he sacrifices himself for the greater good after reading his dad's letter or equivalent plot fare. I would enjoy him staying bad a lot more, but I doubt it'll go that way.
>>
>>98097646
All the eps are on Amazon Video so that's where I watched it. Thanks if real
>>
>>98075450
>and LOK
Aaand dropped
>>
>>98111570
There's already a reprise in case you don't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYiJX2OoHzY
>>
File: 3455.jpg (19 KB, 564x425)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>98111875
Hah. That moment his little sweet innocent soul goes bleak.
>>
>>98111765
Extract your head from your ass
>>
>>98102880
I blame it on the "reality" shit shows & shaky cam crap that infest virtually every broadcaster.
>>
This should've been a separate series with new characters.
>>
>>98111570
He crossed the line. No mercy.
>>
>>98113306
Why? It serves a purpose of developing characters further, and explores mysteries posed by the film
>>
>>98072645
I never seen this show before but haven't people been predicting this character to turn out to be the villain? I like his design though, might have to watch it.
>>
>>98113321
I'll have no mercy on you, anon
>>
>>98113589
his villain turn has been known since queen for a day

although I guess it could be possible that some people predicted this beforehand, I recall no such

Most people just had the usual he's Gothel's kid theory treatment that everyone in the show gets
>>
>>98113276

Which in turn came predominantly from the '07-'08 WGA strike.
>>
>>98102880
There is very little reason for people to actually watch tv anymore. Streaming is far more convenient and practical, and most tv is true garbage anyway. Why deal with needing to tune in at a specific time on a specific day every week to watch a show when you can just watch it online whenever?
>>
anyone else hate the opening theme song to this
>>
Sorry for lateness. The special is in the Pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/hE0MPEXx
>>
File: 1384110950347.png (270 KB, 267x200)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>98116500
Aw yiiis!
>>
File: flynn_75460ab8.jpg (46 KB, 681x446)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I hope they give Flynn an actual serious plot line that doesn't end up being a gag. I know comedy relief is his thing, but you can't just have the main character's significant other and future husband be the butt monkey all the time.
>>
>>98118101
I think they’ll go back to Cass and his orphan roots

Leaving Corona, they might even wind up passing through his homeland
>>
>>98116500
seriously, you're the man
>>
Given the number of explosions in this show, the one Max and Pascal imagined during Tangled Ever After seems less like an exaggerated gag and more like a legitimate threat.
>>
>>98119987
giant fookin robots, nigga
>>
>when your entire country's security is in the hands of like twenty guys, many of which are absolute fucking morons

It says something when their best warrior is a g oddang horse
>>
File: 1506937174582.png (961 KB, 1736x1078)
961 KB
961 KB PNG
>>98108112
It's got Rapunzel, what more do you need? Also they don't mind smashing the status quo.
>>
>>98118101

Eugene has been handled extremely well, I'd say.

Fitzherbert PI showed him not just getting a job, but one that he was truly excellent at, establishing him as legitimately being the greatest thief in Corona and beyond, and it's a point that gets shown in other episodes as his arrogance is always balanced by his competence.

Return of Strongbow fleshed out his backstory and made him less arm candy to the princess. Same with the big brothers of corona.

In Like Flynn was an important episode focused on his relationship with the King, a relationship that was nurtured the whole season to the point that by the finale, the King entrusting Rapunzel to him feels absolutely earned.

Most importantly though, the show has been extremely diligent in showing his relationship with the Princess as being the healthiest, purest one in the series. They talk to each other and help each other through everything, and while Rapunzel makes him a better person, he in turn is there to support and trust her every step of the way, when the easy thing to do would be to turn him into the sleazy layabout he might come across at first glance.
>>
>>98110549
But people don't want that, remember all the crying about the treebrary?
>>
>>98107115
Do the Snuggly Duckling patrons from the movie count?
>>98105289
It's probably lying dormant in Cassandra since we first see her with the moon looming over her back. A popular theory is that she and Rapunzel are sort of sisters through Gothel, so them having equal and opposite powers would make sense.
Chances are the series finale is a very dramatic, very cliché, very anime fight to the death between Cass and Raps. The reason that Cass doesn't appear at Raps's wedding is that Rapunzel decapitated her.
>>98111570
Bet he hooks up with that evil redhead with daddy issues.
>>
>>98122522
no, she's not present because she got her tongue stuck to Elsa's ice pussy and has been there ever since

For real tho if they kill/bus off Cass I'll be goddamn fucking pissed
>>
>>98122851
>she's not present because she got her tongue stuck to Elsa's ice pussy and has been there ever since

you mean she can't let it go?
>>
>>98122851
She's for sure going to take over for the Mysterious Sword Lady, who's looking more than a bit over the hill.
>>
>>98123346
Probably this.
>>
Which episodes are important?
Which episodes are filler?
Is there a guide?
>>
>>98125967
No, there isn't an established "fan community" yet.
>>
>>98072645
Wait is this actually good? The art kept me away.
>>
>>98122340
> treebrary?
>>
>>98103578
random question, what color is raps;s underwear
>>
>>98127817
Yes, it's pretty good, takes a several episodes to get out of the slice of life format, but even then, they manage to remain true to the characters.

>>98125967
Even the "Filler" episodes have useful character development/reinforcement. Plus many of the "episode of the week" are still really fun.
>>
>>98128162
Twilight Sparkle's home
>>
File: gameface.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>98129219
None of your business!
>>
File: 1465661832825.png (139 KB, 500x369)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>98129219
I'd guess white, or that light purple/pink color on her sleeves.
Of course, having grown up in the tower with Goethel and Pascal as her only company, there's a pretty good chance she's going commanda simply because Goethel never taught her otherwise.
>>
I checked online and apparently Tangled gets twice as much ratings as Ducktales does regularly, so I'm sure it won't be cancelled.
>>
>>98131272
The Disney wiki says that its been confirmed to run for 3 seasons, with 78 episodes total
>>
File: stop.gif (2.19 MB, 252x280)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB GIF
>>98123221
>>
>>98072645
Do you fags seriously watch this
>>
>>98131781
nope, where that come from?
>>
>>98131781
Do you not?

That’s pretty gay bro
>>
File: 1506908935154.gif (515 KB, 386x406)
515 KB
515 KB GIF
>>98131781
Yes. Yes I do.
>>
>>98131272
In fairness, Tangled airs on the main Disney Channel, which a lot more people have, while the new Ducktales is on XD. So it's not quite a fair comparison.
>>
I'm waiting for next season when Varian teams up with the Stabbingtons, the Baron, and Lady Caine, and they all call dress up in BDSM costumes themselves the "Toxic Mega-Cunts".

(Varian breaks into Cassandra's room with one of the Stabbingtons, they quickly subdue her)

Varian: Don't worry Cassie, I'm not gonna kill you... I want you to give a message to Rapunzel...
Cassandra: (punches Varian in the face, bloodying him)
Varian: (laughs it off) It's time to see what evil dick feels like! (unzips his pants, but he can't get it up)
Cassandra: ... (waiting)
Stabbington: ....
Varian: ...I'm not in the mood!
Cassandra: I guess evil dick feels limp!
>>
File: 1465067062860.jpg (25 KB, 600x600)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>98132208
>Cassandra: I guess evil dick feels limp!
Hah.
>>
>>98131998
God that lady in waiting getup is hot
>>
File: Spoiler Image (90 KB, 500x850)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>98132287
I think it's just Cass. Black hair on pale skin with non-brown eyes is sexiest.
>>
>>98132208

...now I want to commission comics of Kick-Ass movie scenes but with Tangled characters.

God damn you.
>>
>>98096681
>that rivals cel animation in quality at times

Your point?
>>
File: 1510327774265.png (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>98131781
>>
File: capt_rapunzel.jpg (97 KB, 780x584)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>98079148
>>adventures with a master rogue, a hardened warrior, and a contingent of loyal criminals
I can't help but want to see Rapunzel seeming all sweet and innocent but she has a almost dark or imperialistic motive.
>>
>>98134056
She'd have to be enscorcelled or something for this to happen. The worst thing a plausible normal Rapunzel might do is feel trapped by her responsibilities or something and shirk her duties to disastrous effect.
>>
>>98131487
3 seasons period or 3 seasons at the least?
>>
>>98135798
I honestly struggle to imagine the plots here lasting beyond that, so I rather hope it's 3 period
>>
>>98135197
>it's a the character gets a spell cast/encounters a magical object that personifies their dark side into an evil twin episode

>darkpunzel forcefully molesting Cass and Eugene while Varian watches

I can't wait
>>
>>98135798
I think they said the entire story was planned out from the start, so it'll be just 3
>>
>>98137161
http://www.etonline.com/tv/188991_zachary_levi_talks_tangled_series_chuck_update

>Disney is reviving the 2010 blockbuster movie for a new animated series,Tangled: Before Ever After, which will air 78 episodes over the course of three seasons. It will pick up after the end of Tangled when Finn (Levi) and Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) officially couple up.
>>
>>98137398
>2010
holy shit I'm having my first "surprised by how fucking long ago things happened" moment
>>
>>98072645
Damn I don't watch this but that "Ready as I'll Ever Be" might be the best Disney song in decades. I can't get it out of my head. Is that Menken?
>>
>>98137664
Yup. He does the songs.
>>
>>98137821
Thought so. Smart move. Damn it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbx6GTK71Y
>>
>>98129219
If we’re going by the Disney Store dolls, purple.
>>
>all the fangirls making excuses for the character's behavior in the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hOy-ZUK9oE

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>98140329
I scrolled through a good length of them and almost none of the comments pertaining to Varian were defending him
>>
>>98140329
Firstly...
>Youtube comments

Secondly, excuses? Where? All I'm seeing is praises for how he is being developed as a tragic character.
>>
>>98079811
Stop this gul'dan a shit

>>98078673
I might watch the show just because of this name.
>>
Outside of the more plot heavy episodes this was my favorite episode. Explains a bit more about why Eugene and Lance became a thieves and has some pretty touching moments
>>
>>98141045
Lance came out of fucking nowhere but he's grown on me. I hope he will travel with the group.
>>
>>98141099
Me too, plus they gave a reasonable explanation for him not being in the movie so he felt less forced.
>>
>>98141045
red is cute
>>
aaaaaaaaaaand the wait begins

see you on the ass end of the hiatus, I guess
>>
>>98137575
I still have a hard time coping with the reality that in a few short years the LotR trilogy will be 20 years old.
>>
>>98136553
>>98135197
I don't mean evil per se, but just a highly nationalistic and authoritarian Rapunzel.
>>
File: deep.jpg (5 KB, 318x159)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>98072645
I'm kinda hoping that demon thing from before helps him and makes him his new disciple, I wanna see a diabolically fused vengeance story for him

I know he was in the wrong for doing what he did but to be fair, being the one and only person that the princess, who helps people every day from all walks of life to a near-impossible success rate, couldn't help but had the chance to, I'd feel pretty cheated too on things.
>>
>>98131998
She looks fucking horrible in bright clothing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.