[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>tanks missiles
>stunned with taser
>>
>>98076264
Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy. He's basically wearing a tinfoil suit and sticking a fork in a electrical socket
>>
>>98076345
Yeah thats why cap wasn't able to to tank Thors attacks. Oh wait
>>
>>98076264
Everything is possible in a CGI airport, OP.
>>
>>98076440
Fuck I don't know, its vibranium, it does whatever the plot says
>>
>>98076597
Simple enough explanation.
The suit tensed up when exposed to electricity, not T'Challa.
>>
>>98076345
>Suit absorbs kinetic energy
>Guy uses it to punch people

>Shield absorbs kinetic energy
>Guy uses it to bounce off targets and kick them out
>>
Capeshit is inherently silly
>>
>>98076597
In the comics isn't it a Vibranium/Adamantium alloy?
>>
>>98076264
When did he tank a missile?
>>
>>98079506

I dont recall that.

But then again, I still dont understand that weird scene with BP's ring interacting with Winter Soldier's arm, whatever that was.
>>
>>98078985
Adamantium is an alloy, vibranium is not.
>>
>>98082966
Anon is saying that the vibranium was alloyed with adamantium, not that they're the same. But no, Cap's shield is pure vibranium in the MCU, I believe. In the comics, it's a specialized alloy made with vibranium and other metals, and I think was even recasted with uru mixed in after Fear Itself.
>>
>>98076264
It's comic logic
>>
>>98076597
Vibranium Force?
>>
File: thor-1.jpg (186 KB, 970x545)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>God of lightning
>stunned with taser
>>
Didn't you get your answer last thread
>>
>>98076264
He's got high Armour but low Special defense.
>>
>>98076597
So he's literally wearing a plot armor.
>>
>>98087801
>God of thunder
>Commands lightning
>>
>>98079506
>>98082551
My fault, it was explosive arrows. Still, it's kinda funny that Panther isn't affected by bullets yet hurted by punches
>>
>>98087971
It's exactly the same with Stark armor.
In comics and in movies.
He tanks missiles and high caliber tank rounds, but gets punched to pieces by Captain America.
>>
>>98087967
No thunder without lightning
>>
>Magic is just advanced technology
>Except when Dr. Strange does it, then it's real magic

It's like the MCU is ridiculously inconsistent, or something...
>>
>>98076440
Insulating rubber between Cap's skin and the shield. Not the case with Black Panther's suit.
>>
>>98087971
he isnt hurt, per se, by punches
caps shield greatly reduces the impact of hits, but a direct hit from a high impact weapon still sends him flying backwards, shield or no
BP isnt seriously injured by punches or even being thrown very much, he just recoils from strong hits, giving the impression of effectiveness even if its just like a beach ball to him

a bullets momentum is easily absorbed by the vibrarium suit, and an explosive arrow held about 2 fists away will have its concussive force and frag easily absorbved as well, but a hit from giant-man or a hammer blow from a strong enough person still sends the suit reeling back and knocking BP around
>>
>>98088215
This is such a stupid argument. Magic is just as much science in Dr. Strange as it is in every Marvel movie with magic.

In fucking any setting where magic exists, and operates under consistent rules, it by definition is science. It is part of the natural universe in that setting, and science is just the study of the natural universe. Magic is science in 99% of universes that have magic.
>>
>>98088215
>>98088246
Magic has been established as existing since Thor 1 and confirmed again in Avengers "reference to "Dark Magic" and Thor 2).

The MCU just happens to have people who don't beleive in MAgic. It's not that complicated and I don't see why people get their tits so angry about it.
>>
>>98088208
Oh yeah?
This is the one causality that superpowers must obey?
>>
>>98076597
this really, the suit can take a hit but maybe the taser wasn't a regular taser, but a SUPER MEGA TASER that is capable of breaking through his defenses
>>
>>98088246
I think you missed the point.

When people refer to "science" they're not talking about the scientific method of acquiring knowledge, but instead to the roots of logical reasoning behind how the universe works.

"Magic" is something that cannot be explained on a fundamental level. Sure, ome magic may have internal coherence, but the explanation behind that coherence is just as physically invalid as everything else.
>>
>>98088198

Cap was too fast, but was barely hurting Stark in the armor. He kept focusing on the armor weakest points like joints and the exposed jets. Tony was just being thrown around, until he used Friday to read Cap's movements since he was too fast.

>>98087971

BP Can be thrown around, but he isn't hurt very much.

>>98082551

>I still dont understand that weird scene with BP's ring interacting with Winter Soldier's arm, whatever that was.

It was not his ring or anything, it was just showing that BP was naturally strong enough to hold WS's arm. Those scenes were to show they matched in strenght.

It just adds to the scene of Spider-man barely making an effort to hold WS's arm and even commenting on how awesome it is while doing it.
>>
>>98088246
>>98089047

Magic is science in 0% of media. Organizing bullshit doesn't make it less bullshit. Science is not just organizing knowldge.
>>
>>98088198
One suit survived a tank shot once, yet people assume that's the standard for every suit Tony makes. Did you ever stop to think the tank shot was the outlier, rather than the rest being jobbing?
>>
>>98076264
>tank missile
>missile
Someone needs to explain right the fuck now.
>>
>>98089109

Not only that, but he didn't take a tank shot. It was actually Anti-Aircraft, or Flak. Which means the explosion happened near him, and sent metal fragments all over him like lots of bullets.

The tank was just there when he landed and he dodged the actual tank shot.
>>
>>98089210
>>98087971
>>
>>98089604

Holy shit, this makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRCTPq2QEGc
>>
>>98089604
You can see it's a direct hit, and there's no other flak in the air, I'll give you that it was probably not the main canon of the tank, because aiming it would be impossible, but some AA on the tank.
>>98089109
Yea the first fully operational one.
I wouldn't argue he keeps making inferior suits, how silly is that. I meant it's just because of dramatics.
>>98089088
He destroys his helmet and powersource by hitting it with a shield (that shoud absorb impact).
>>
>>98083804

Cap's shield in the comics has long been the subject of debate, there was some confusion as to its nature that I think some writers added to.

Cap's shield was the result of an experiment with vibranium, some unknown x-factor occurred and produced the shield. Vibranium itself, in the comics, isn't an especially durable metal, it has energy absorbing properties but the metal is rather malleable. The shield produced was virtually indestructible as well as having the funky vibranium absorption.

(IMO, whatever happened when making the shield, I believe they turned it into a previously-unknown third state of vibranium. There are 2 known "isotopes" in the comics, one absorbs energy, one sends out vibrations that makes other metal brittle. They accidentally made vibranium-3 in this reader's opinion, having something like modified properties of the other two. vi-2's brittle vibrations got flipped into a self-reinforcing standing wave. punching cap's shield probably makes it *more* durable)

Adamantium, in the comics, wasn't invented until after cap's shield. It was specifically invented as an attempt to replicate the shield's metal. They made something that was darn near as durable but lacked any energy-dampening properties, adamantium has no vibranium in its creation process.

For a long time it was claimed the shield was an adamantium/vibranium alloy. Its not. Its just vibranium material, altered in some unknown manner. Adamantium is an entirely different material that wasn't invented yet.

Movie vibranium acts like comicbook (vibranium + X) material. energy absorption of comic vibranium, plus durability. They were forced down that path because the MCU couldnt use Adamantium in cap's shield description, which would've been wrong anyways.
>>
File: 1375851723848.jpg (34 KB, 473x499)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>98087854
>>
>>98076264

>Thor stunned with taser
>Black Panther stunned with taser
>Captain America hurt badly with taser rod

Why did General Ross never try a taser on the Hulk?

Are they going to defeat Thanos with a taser?
>>
>>98090299
They shouldn't have mocked Taserface, that was the name that strikes fear in About.
>>
>>98090416
WTF in Avengers*
>>
>>98088261
Well, sometimes sperg anon is looking around for something to be Outraged about and it’s all they can find
And a milk carton campaign is expensive
>>
>>98090299
>Thor stunned with taser
About that. WHAT?
>>
>>98089047
I think the Nasuverse does a simple yet effective job at making a distinction: "magecraft" is the magic researched, developed and employed by mortal mages, whereas proper "Magic" is basically any miracle inconceivable and unexplainable even by magecraft.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.