[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Bendis "revives" the UU

>Riri is a member of the Ultimates, despite the the fact that the 616 version didn't even EXIST prior to the end of the UU in Secret Wars #1

>Cap & Thor present, even though the former was suppose to be dead, and the latter in the N-Zone (Cap's boots are also drawn incorrectly)

>Johnny Storm & Hulk are also members, even though the former wasn't ever before, and the latter hasn't really been since halfway through Ultimates 1

>Spider-Woman still in her old costume & identity

Incompetent until the very end.
>>
>OP doesn't understand how the post-Secret Wars multiverse works despite it bejng plainly and clearly written out in several different comics including Secret Wars itself
Incompetent indeed
>>
>>98082191
>what is: a timeskip
pretty sure time has passed in-universe somehow
>>
File: 1202420576786.png (227 KB, 455x340)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>98082191
That fucking Spidey leg
>>
>>98084388
>Complaining about a reasonably proportionate leg.
>Not bitching about Hank's uncanny blank stare into nothing
>>
>>98082191
>Riri is a member of the Ultimates, despite the the fact that the 616 version didn't even EXIST prior to the end of the UU in Secret Wars #1
I actually don't mind this, it's kinda like how they revealed during Infinite Crisis that every DC character that first showed up after Crisis On Infinite Earths was originally from the Pre-Crisis Earth-Eight

plus it's a long established trope that if a universe in a Superhero comic gets destroyed and then reconstructed that it'll probably have at least a couple changes
>>
>>98084919
Is it Hank or could it just be a generic Giant Man?
>>
>>98082191
>>Spider-Woman still in her old costume & identity
>>incompetent

Wrong, OP
>>
>>98085069
Soso she was from the Ultimate Universe all along?
>>
File: ebino.jpg (729 KB, 998x1600)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>98082191
Bendis and company need a book so they can project their sexual fantasies.
>>
>>98082191
No fucks given, and probably no thought given a well.
That's a pretty bad lineup, but adding Riri is rather embarrassing. I hope future writers won't pay any attention to this scene.
>>
Last I remember, Ultimate Universe Tony had an inoperable brain tumor that was eventually going to kill him. We know that they got revived by The Maker in 616 during the Ultimates finale, and most of them are now exploring the 616 universe.

It's possible that he finally died in Ultimates universe after it got remade and a similar situation happened where he gave Riri the rights to become the replacement Iron Man mantle, thinking that this group would benefit from said technology against future threats.

I'm not defending the decision, just playing devil's advocate. I'm just hoping we get minor event stories that show how the Ultimate universe is doing post Secret Wars.
>>
>>98082191
Because restored Ultimate Universe existed for a while, probably ever since the Multiversal Reconstruction. No shit there would be changes by the time Punished Miles got there.
>>
>>98087956
>Last I remember, Ultimate Universe Tony had an inoperable brain tumor that was eventually going to kill him. We know that they got revived by The Maker in 616 during the Ultimates finale, and most of them are now exploring the 616 universe.
Those weren't actual 1610-characters. They were copies based on Maker's memories of the characters.
>>
>>98082191
>was suppose to be dead
This applies to all of them. Reed ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>98087072
is this the new shazam?
>>
>>98087968
Damn, that sucks. They seemed pretty accurate, but we only saw a bit of them in that finale, and I can't remember who survived it. All I remember is fake Cap got disintegrated because he told Maker to fuck off.
>>
People are seriously still bothered by the fact that characters get resurrected in comics?
And don't give me that "Death is permanent in UU" bullshit. Bendis disregarded that concept a while ago.
And if you're not satisfied with that, that page still allows for wiggle room. People in Cap and Giant-Man costumes aren't confirmed to be Steve and Hank, could be anyone.
>>
>>98084330
Run me through that as well anon, because I'm not sure I understand it either. I'm sure I read Reed Richards creating new worlds at the end there.
>>
>>98082191
What if someone writeUltimate Riri better than 616 Riri?
>>
>>98087956
Yea that's maybe how the editor justified to himself caving in to Benis going: I WANT RIRI, I WANT RIRI, I WANT RIRI.
It doesn't make any sense at all but it can be straightened a bit retroactively no?
>>
>>98088069
What if Ultimate Riri is white?
>>
>>98088042
Don't know about OP, but Benis gets to resurrect the UU with some random retarded lineup of characters (not to mention boring AF), and fucks of to DC.
Then some more dedicated writers, trying to maintain sense of cohesion, will be forced to work with the shitstain he leaves.
For what purpose.
Going by this what you said, you cam publish anything, no matter how nonsensical, and you will say: this is fine, because shit like this happened before.
Well no shit, if you let it happen (editors), it happens.
>>
>>98082191
I'd be completely fine with shunting RiRi over to the new Ultimate verse along with Miles who's from there anyway.
>>
>>98088048
Reed probably recreated 1610 but fixed shitty stuff like Ultimatum or Hulk killing 800 people.
>>
>>98088141
What characters do you think we supposed to be there?
>>
>>98088323
Those who survived Galaktus crossover.
>>
>>98088347
So Cap and Giant-Man are the only ones who are bothering you? Which are again not confirmed to be Steve and Hank.
>>
>>98082191
>he cares about capeshit
Fuck you
>>
>>98088388
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>98088091
What if Ultimate Riri is AI?
>>
>>98088091
Why not Indian?
>>
>>98088375
Thor is in the N-zone. Ult-Tony wanted to bring him back but that plot was droped.
Riri never existed in Ultimate
Hulk is a 100% villain in 1610.
>>
This was just Bendis fucking over Ewing one last irreversible time before leaving to DC. He knows (like he admitted over on his Tumblr) that there were no plans to do anything with the UU and that it was a decision partly driven by ego, as well as a way to appease some fans of it. It absolutely seems like the guy doesn't read any comics besides his own (yes, I know everyone figured this), and his disregard for anything canon is frankly upsetting.
>>
ITS BACK BUT DIFFERENT JESUS CHRIST WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THIS
>>
>>98088375
No, it was another anon.
The only one that makes some sense is the spider woman (disregarding that she switched to black widow) and MAYBE torch.
And if you recreate the universe and have a free hand, why bring back the most cliche roundup plus fucking RIRI.
Bring back characters that are distinct, like captain marvel.
Not a copy paste 616 fresh OC (out of all characters possible) and the same old boring squad.
There is no excuse for:
OK NOW WE DO THIS BECAUSE I WANT!
>>
>>98087989
Nah it was a crack by McDuffie at both Bendis (who has a big thing for black people) and old DC.

After Marvel made Luke Cage, DC realized they were behind and needed a black character to push. Their idea for their first major black character was the Black Bomber, a white supremacist who would sometimes turn into a black guy with super powers. His superhero outfit was a basketball jersey.

Anyway, Tony Isabella told them that was fucking dumb and made Black Lightning instead.
In that middle bottom panel, he was supposed to ask if he can use the N word now he's black. I think it's actually funnier without that
>>
>>98088141
>Benis gets to resurrect the UU with some random retarded lineup of characters (not to mention boring AF), and fucks of to DC.
>Then some more dedicated writers, trying to maintain sense of cohesion, will be forced to work with the shitstain he leaves.
Why?
Why would anyone have to deal with it?
There is zero reason for anyone to bother with the new UU.
>>
>>98089549
Sooner or later someone will.
>>
>>98088317
>Reed probably recreated 1610 but fixed shitty stuff like Ultimatum or Hulk killing 800 people.

I like it. He started out a hero who wanted to make the world a better place, having a small redemption gesture when he was so deep in his Maker identity would be a plot twist too good for marvel writers.
>>
>>98082191
>Spider-Woman still in her old costume & identity
That's pretty much the best change that could have possibly happened.
>>
>>98082191
>>98088141
>>98089549
Fucking Bendis putting Riri everywhere so he can get his royalities, he's fucking scum
>>
>>98088451
>>98088477
>>98088091
Why not pandering?
>>
>>98082191
Christ, who brought U Pym to the party?
>>
>>98090030
If they do, that's their own choice. It's not like Marvel is gonna shit itself and say "oh hey some guy who doesn't even work here made an alternate universe, we had better use the shit out of it. Lets force some writers to make stories"
There is one gorillion alternate universes already. If anything it's more likely they push an MCU style universe more than a new 1610

>>98090061
GodReed =/= the Maker
It's the 616 Reed (along with his family and Future Foundation) remaking universes. Maker Reed is doing his own thing.
>>
>>98082191
Also Peter is the active Spiderman, and his resurrection completely undid the idea that things would have lasting consequences in the UU.
>>
>>98085405
Nah it's definitely Hank. He's the only Giant-Man who was on the Ultimates and wore that costume. Scott Lang's didn't have the cowl and instead just had goggles
>>
>>98082191
>Incompetent until the very end.
It's not that, it's just that bendis doesn't care about following other people's work. and only uses what he wants (and to insert as many of his own creations as he can)
>>
>>98090091
Exactly. That random Black Widow identity change was retarded as Hell
>>
>>98082191
it's just Bendis doing whatever the fuck he wants, no one will ever mention Spider-Men or that Miles is from another universe ever again.

In fact I bet Marvel's 1st order of business is making a proper 616 origin for Miles just to retcon Bendis' shit.
>>
>>98087072
"CPT" is the funnier joke
>>
reminder that marvel said if we ever cross over the normal and ultimate universes we are out of ideas
>>
they should totally wipe the ultiverse beings and shit to it can be a contained history.

and maybe in 5 or so years, a new "ultimate verse", preferable with young blood writting should happen
>>
>>98082191
Why is Captain America flying?
>>
>>98092733
Disconnected from Multiverse plox
>>
>>98092710
Sauce?
>>
>>98082191
does this mean we get ultimate "/ss/ queen" black cat again

does this mean i get to rebuild that folder again
>>
>>98082191
Honestly, I'd be okay with this. Ultimates universe was the most fun thing Marvel did in the 00s. The only problem was, as usual, recycling creative teams constantly, that broke some stories in half and led to unnecessary character deaths and big "events".

>Incompetent until the very end.

I'm not gonna argue that (Bendis is a moron), but they say that Kong is having a coming-home-from-the-army party, so it is obviously meant to be some "five years later" scene.
>>
>>98092733
Some time in the 00s, Marvel flat out stated that if they ever made a crossover between regular Marvel and Ultimate universe, it would mean that they are officially out of ideas.

Now they didn't even cross over but straight up merged.

It is no wonder that I stopped reading capeshit in the early 2010s.
>>
>>98082191
>>Spider-Woman still in her old costume & identity

This is actually a good thing considering she kinda DIED.
>>
>>98094097
>This is actually a good thing considering she kinda DIED.

Wait, she did? On-screen or just blanked out with the rest of the world?

She was the best character in all of Ultimate, they should've kept her around instead of Miles.

Well, at least Bombshell is still around. That's a small win.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.