[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 516974476.jpg (111 KB, 620x430)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>According to Collider, separate sources have told the outlet that this firing came after Zack Snyder showed a rough cut of Justice League which the sources claim was “unwatchable.” As the outlet says, it’s very unusual for separate sources to use the exact word unwatchable. No one reported this at the time because no one wanted to pile more pressure on Snyder. As we know, Snyder was also going through some personal tragedy at the time this story broke.
>>
Not surprised honestly
>>
I wonder who will be retarded enough to put him in any movie in the future
>Guardians: Flop,critics hated
>Sucker punch: flop, critics hated
>MoS: Flop,critics hated
>BvS:Flop, critics hated
>JL: Flop, critics hated
>>
>>98642146
I'm genuinely curious what the original cut looked like. I'm sure it's shit, but I have to know how bad this could have been.
>>
>People not giving WB more shit after the leaked videos and storyboards coming out today.

Zach should've been gone after MoS, and this is coming from someone who didn't mind it at all, but WB is so damned reactionary and edit their films to the point that it's a jumbled mess.
>>
>>98642611
Yeah, I'm sure edits fucked sucker punch too,and watchmen,and 300, and dawn fo the dead

Edits are the reason why he never made a good movie in his life, he's a great director, he just can't make a movie with less than 2 hours like every single director in the world at all

Snyderfags got the worst excuses in history
>>
>>98642611
>Leaked videos and storyboards
Elaborate. First I'm hearing of this
>>
about 4 movies and hundreads of millions of dollars too late

now they're left with an uninspired trash cinematic universe
>>
>>98642672
They can fix it, people forget that MCU started with 3 of their 4 first movies being shit, then Feige took total control and fixed it
>>
>>98642146
DC should just stick to animated movies since they've already fucked any chance at building a cinematic universe. Though even in that department they've been slacking. Th animation of some of the recent movies look like shit.
>>
It would have been such a piece of shit. Whedon with over three hours of Snyder barely found over a hour worth of footage to use in a two hour (including credits, movie). The rest of the run time was reshoots.

Sure some was minor bullshit like Aquaman flopping backwards into the water because the scene didn't flow well without it (and it really didn't flow anyway). But there was also a lot of major work done on it ... And it ended up being almost all fighting and quips. Each character had at most five minutes of characterisation, sometimes shared with another. Hell Superman managed even less dialogue then BvS and that was sparse enough.
>>
>>98642728
That's like saying that Marvel should stop making video games forever because MvC infnity got raped by injustice 2
>>
>>98642611
I used to think this back when Suicide Squad came out and it was awful. Blaming editing seemed like a good way to go because no way could the director of Training Day make a movie that bad. And the Bright came out and it was awful and edited very similarly.

Directors are a part of the editing process and some directors are just shit, anon.
>>
>>98642692
>MCU started with 3 of their 4 first movies being shit

No, 3 of 4 were mostly seen as mediocre. MoS-tier. None of them were as bad as BvS or Justice League.
>>
>>98642549
MoS wasn't really a flop
>>
>>98642779
I take that back actually, all of them were critically better received than MoS.
>>
>>98642146
>According to Collider, separate sources have told the outlet
Here's the Collider link they're quoting:
http://collider.com/zack-snyder-fired-from-justice-league/
>>
>>98642692
>Iron Man
Based.
>Incredible Hulk
Big improvement on Ang Lee's Hulk
>Thor
Mediocre
>Captain America
Great

What are you on about?
>>
>>98642782
it wasn't Superman Returns-tier, but it only barely made more than its budget domestically
>>
>>98642692
Only one MCU movie was outside Fiege control, which was Hulk done by a paramount crew. And the bad one. Iron Man 1 was great. Thor was good outside Earth. Cap was great. Iron Man 2 was a bit wonky but still decent, and each one nailed a great character. Maybe not a comic accurate one, but one that made audiences actually give a shit about them. DCEU couldn't do that. Nobody cared when Superman fucking died. While I bet Infinity Wars is going to be full of tears when they go out. Hell people I know have only watched Logan, no other X man movie with Wolverine and they were in tears.
>>
>>98642146
>As the outlet says, it’s very unusual for separate sources to use the exact word unwatchable
What complete garbage, we all know these faggots are whores that report what they're told
>>
>>98642759
>Directors are a part of the editing process and some directors are just shit, anon.
Except BvS was edited by the trailer company that spoiled doomsday and suicide squad was raped.
>>
>>98642146
I wanted more MoS and BvS.
>>
>>98642146
If they expect Whedon to save DCCU, they are in for a sad awakening.
>>
>>98642886
I loved it when Wheadon made Bruce Wayne act like cheap Tony Stark. Get your characterization right dammit
>>
>>98642832
Iron Man 2 was terrible, let's not kid ourselves. Only redeeming feature was Sam Rockwell
>>
>>98642886
You can't deny that Whedon got an impecable record, even Ultron was not a failure by critics or box office

No one can save a Snyder movie, you can't edit sucker punch into a good movie.
>>
>>98642857
Anon I don't think you understand how film production works. Directors don't just shoot a films and then send it off to an editing company. They sit in an editing bay for months fine tuning everything, taking things out, etc. Even if an editing team did a final revision of a film they wouldn't drastically change it from what they had already received. Everything bad about SS and BvS have Snyder and Ayer's name all over them. There were even things about SS that were very Snyder like the overuse of licensed music, shitty cuts, and slow-mo.
>>
>>98642656
Leaked photos and artwork from the cancled Justice League Mortal came out the other day.
>>
>>98642933
It wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as SS, MoS, BvS, and Justice League.

>>98643006

That has literally nothing to do with this situation. That movie was in production almost 10 years ago.
>>
Snyder was never good even at his peak. I am glad people are finally waking up to this fact.
>>
I don't understand /co/ at all anymore. It hates everything Marvel related except for its movies. But then when it comes to DC, it loves everything except for its movies.
>>
>>98642656
Same. What leak?
>>
>They hoped Affleck would “RDJ” the DC Extended Universe, meaning that he’d quickly become the face and the cornerstone of the DC Extended Universe the same way that Robert Downey Jr. did for the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Iron Man. So far, in their estimation, that has not been the case.

Affleck is finished right?
>>
>>98643028
>MoS, BvS, and Justice League.

Not that guy, but I actually enjoyed those three way more than I did IM2.
>>
File: 1518407099703.gif (426 KB, 220x196)
426 KB
426 KB GIF
>>98643065
I mean you do you but IM2 was a better film by several margins even if it was a letdown.
>>
>>98643054
Maybe that's because DC's movies suck and Marvel's movies don't?
>>
>>98643054
it's almost like blind brand loyalty and company wars are idiotic /v/ transplants
>>
>>98643089
Beat me to it.
>>
>>98643054
Seriously, that's kind of super obvious, You make shit, you get called out on it. Dc movies are shit(save for ww).
>>
>>98643004
>Directors don't just shoot a films and then send it off to an editing company.

Fuck fucks sake, the "extended cut" was the cut snyder did and the cut that was rated in december, after that WB ordered a new cut. You are so retarded you somehow believe Snyder was involved in SS
>>
>>98643089
And everything else on Marvel suck but DC don't?
>>
>>98642815
You see, Iron Man 2 is so lackluster that even you forget about it!
>>
>>98642805
>>98642146
Seperate(Paid) sources
>>
>>98643054
/co/ are manchildren an casuals, the mcu is shit, generic as fuck and for manchildren.
>>
>>98643054
How is this hard for you? Marvel Comics and DC Comics are completely different from their movies, and not just in terms of quality. You're trying to lump graphic novels and film in the same boat, and it doesn't work. What it all comes down to is guy in charge. Neither has any say on what the other does.
>>
>>98642692
Unpopular opinion. You get a response.

It's the other way around. 3/4 early marvel were good-great. 1 was mediocre, but in no way DC-trash tier.

Snyder taint is on everything, even wonder woman. They should burn it to the ground and reboot completely in a few years. It's the only way to be sure.

I want to like DC films so badly but they are all such trash, when they could be so good. They have so many amazing existing stories they could adapt. Why do producers and marketers feel like they have to reinvent the wheel with these characters?
>>
>>98642549

don't forget the shit cast he always brings
>>
File: Kino.jpg (131 KB, 1200x630)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
WB is reportedly still producing and distributing Snyder's next movie, THE LAST PHOTOGRAPH.

>Two friends find a photograph that inspires them to journey to war-torn Afghanistan.

Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.
>>
>>98642692
>it's okay for dceu to be shit b/c everything else is shit.
i gotcha. next thing you'll say is that cape shit was never good in the first place.
>>
>>98643054
Why is flash doing a jojo pose?
>>
>>98642652
>why he never made a good movie in his life
>Snyderfags got the worst excuses in history
when people say histrionic shit like this in reply to something as agreeable as the post you replied to it's pretty fucking pathetic to think they aren't shills. I hope you're paid to be this hostile about a man you know largely nothing about.
>>
>>98643179
>Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.
so he's at last descended into self-parody
>>
>>98643179
>Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.
How would that even work. Lincoln: Vampire Hunter-like?
>>
>>98642692
>>98642779
I hate that we live in a world where people actually believe these movies are better than BvS.

it's unreal how easily the fucking tards all over the internet fall for memes.
>>
>>98643089
This. It's not that hard to understand when you're not being deliberately retarded for (You)s.
>>
>>98643210
I'm not sure if you are a kid or never leave your basement but Snyder movies were ALWAYS a joke, at best a guilty pleasure like Transfomers and SAW

Snyder was never a good director at all, he was always a less popular Michael Bay

And there was never a snyder cult before MoS, faggots wanted a new Nolan for DC so bad that they fooled themselves into believing that Snyder was on his lvl
>>
>>98643235
I honestly can't believe we live in a world where people think BvS is a quality movie
>>
>>98643168
How did Gal Gadot get cast again? She is legitimately terrible and I don't understand it?
>>
File: Captain Marvel sketch.png (726 KB, 1024x1769)
726 KB
726 KB PNG
I'm ready for Captain Marvel to release and practically steal all of Wonder Woman's thunder. Which I'm kind of bummed about in a way too; Wonder Woman didn't deserve that kind of bland shit, not to mention such a shit casting.
>>
File: BvsS.png (177 KB, 747x348)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>98643235
>memes
>>
>>98643054
>But then when it comes to DC, it loves everything except for its movies.
DC Rebirth has been fantastic for the past two years. Shame DC decided to go with the Marvel version of Artists being the primary storytellers for whatever fucking reason. Dark days lie ahead. Screencap this. /co/ is going to be shitting on DC Comics within the next year and a half.
>>
>>98643306
Jew they give crazy head dude
>>
>>98643306
Ben

>>98643271
>And there was never a snyder cult before MoS
Bullshit
>>
>>98643324
I'm more upset how they handled Ares; fucking disgrace.

The movie was no better than MoS, a 6.5, maybe a 7/10. Muh girl power earned it the tailwind it had, nothing more.
>>
>>98643088
Don't get me wrong, I do recognize they have issues; but it's just that the three DC ones actually had some point to the overall story of its universe, while IM2 was just... There. Like, it's only point was to introduce War Machine, Black Widow, and then the end scenes that would lead Tony to form the Avengers. I also tend to judge these kinds of movies for their fighting choreographies, and IM2 just had nothing that satisfied me, despite being a /m/an.
>>
>>98642549
>>MoS: Flop,critics hated
>>BvS:Flop, critics hated
These aren't really flops though. Financially they profited, but the profit margins were much lower than expected, which to hollywood investors is almost worse than flopping. It makes the movie a red-headed stepchild so to speak. "We don't like it but we can't legitimately write it off as a loss."
>>
File: 1459983048425.jpg (1.73 MB, 1024x1631)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>98643329
>>
>>98643028
>That has literally nothing to do with this situation.
Some people are saying that the leaks are a distraction from this news about Snyder.
>>
File: wenn31744033.jpg (75 KB, 500x576)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>98643062
The only stone Affleck has become is Coldstone Creamery.
>>
File: You Disgust Me.jpg (17 KB, 312x339)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>98643438
It's gross, it's sweaty!
>>
>>98643426
Some people are dumb.
>>
>>98643114
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>98643121
He didn't say "phase 1," he said "3 out of the first 4"

to be honest, I didn't check if IM2 came out before Thor or Cap ... I just assumed it didn't
>>
>>98643470
Lots of talk about Iron Man 2... gotta say, it's nowhere near one of my favorite MCU entries, but it was better than Iron Man 3 in my eyes.

Sue me.
>>
>>98642146
But what exactlyis snyder-itis?
What makes his shit so unlikable?
Is there a common trend throughout most of his work?
>>
>>98643329
yes memes. like posting rt screenshots.
>>
>>98643495
He's like Michael Bay, but one with enough humility that he'll still try to tell a story.

He's just real fuckin' bad at it.
>>
>>98643438
>>98643062
Wtf happened to him? Isn't he already divorced?
Fish out brendan fraiser and make him fucking bruce wayne.
>>
>>98642602
We know a fair amount about it.
For example, we know that it was engineered to be a two parter, with the first part being the dark, bad ending that they have to come back from.
We know Superman was going to come back as a pawn of Darkseid.
>>
>>98643426
What leaks? What news?
>>
>>98643537
I'd like Bale to come back with cured throat cancer (he did well with Batman, his voice was just a horrible decision), hell, if you can try to connect the Nolan shit if you want.
>>
>>98643306
He claimed it was the studio's decision.
>>
>>98643582
(((studio's decision)))

(((blowjobs)))
>>
So, what did /co/ actually like about the movie? I liked watching them save people at the end. Particularly Superman carrying the building.
>>
>>98642146
>unwatchable
And yet they hired Whedon?
>>
>>98643607
I was impressed with Cyborg myself, the actor was meh, but they got his power capabilities down and the conflict of being turned into something like that
>>
>>98643306
>>98643355
>>98643582
My favorite thing about Gal Gadot casting is how they made ALL the amazons have awkward Israeli accents because Gal Gadot can't act.
>>
>>98643062
The actors and crew love Zack, cavill and snyder spended his time between takes forcing affleck out of his trailer and lifting in the gym snyder set the the crew and actors...

With whedon Afflack literally was drinking between takes
>>
>>98643619
As much as you might dislike him it's undeniable that he made the Avengers work; the idea of bringing him in to try to replicate it with Justice League is sound.

Hell, it might have worked had the DCEU not had an insistence on being needlessly edgy.
>>
>>98643582
>studio decision
Patty Jenkins already said that was HIS IDEA, just like Snyder personally called and convinced momoa and Ezra Miller

And his reasons were BEYOUND AUTISTIC, MoMoa said that the dicision to cast him was because HE WANTED THE GAME OF THRONES CHARACTER ON THE MOVIE

Snyder is motherfucking retarded
>>
File: Ares.png (932 KB, 1000x1002)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
>>98643361
Its strange, concept art and the figures clearly had a better Ares. I'm almost convinced it was a last minute change due to Steppenwolf's appearance. But ignoring that and his odd mustache, the movie completely undermines its plot with "men just fight because its their nature" by instantly shifting to "Oh well it was still Ares stoking the flames".
>>
>>98643671
>Patty Jenkins already said that was HIS IDEA
And Snyder was clear about she being chosen due Ben.

Snyder wanted Gal as Faora, not as wonder woman.
>>
>>98643671
Game of Thrones actors are bad, seriously. Outside of that terribly written show they are absolute shit in nearly everything they're in.
>>
>>98643362
What does the overall importance to the MCU matters? I hate this dumb weeblike mentality that if something doesn't have an infinity stone in it it's worthless filler.
Thanos and the whole infinity gauntlet stuff has to be the thing that interests me the least in the MCU.
Not to say that IM2 was great but I hate this argument.

You guys fell too hard for the continuity meme.
>>
>>98643607
Well I can appreciate them showing the League saving people, and Henry's Superman was probably the most upbeat we've seen him. However this still never felt like a "Justice League" movie. I know Superman is OP, but this entire plot was bringing him back to life just so he could fix the problem
>>
>>98643694
>at terribly written show they are absolute shit in nearly everything they're in.
Stephen Dilane (Stanns) is an award winning actor. The fault lies with the directors more than anything.
>>
>>98643687
Every thread you post this bullshit and in every thread I refute your bullshit you 2 digits iq retard

Ares didn't start the wars, he influenced the WW1 to turn into a mass wepons doomsday scenario, the reason he did it was because humans were doomed by nature to never stop killing each other and damaging the world, they only way to make the world peaceful was detroying mankind
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>98643694
Excuse me?
>>
>>98643179
>a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington
Like the Robot Chicken skit? Are media journalists just making shit up while high as balls now?
>>
>>98643758
Works every time.
>>
Don't believe WB lies. Snyder had a scene with Darkseid which would have connected to BvS's Knightmare scene.
>>
>>98643755
What? This is literally the first time I've posted this. How about you stop trying to pick fights in Snyderthreads, faggot. And I never said he started the war, I said he stoked the flames. My point was the Ares reveal was poorly done, and fucking whiplash to what Steve tried to tell Diana.

Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>98642146
Thanks for posting the link to the article you DUMBASS.

http://collider.com/zack-snyder-fired-from-justice-league/
>>
>>98643150
How is this reply getting ignored? This guy is right, whoever has final say in the book/movie is the guy who decides how it's going to turn out.

Marvel Studios have managed to make a profit while allowing their directors to mostly do their own thing. On the other hand, WB is backpedaling so hard from letting directors create their movies, they relied on focus group tested garbage like JL or SS that didn't pay off at all.

Same with comics. Marvel based their market off stupid twitter, tumblr, and youtube viewers and it ended up diluting their brand with pandering garbage. DC, secure in their position, have no fear with doing their thing, notwithstanding annual comic events from both companies.
>>
>>98643324
I don't see that happening captain marvel is a nobody wonder woman is legitimately iconic and is the only good dc film
>>
>>98642692

Nah mate.

Iron Man and Captain America: First Avenger were great.

Thor was fine.

Iron Man 2 was iffy.

The Incredible Hulk....yeah it wasn't that good.
>>
>>98643829
True, but Disney has made it a business flipping literal whos into box office money. Guarantee when this movie starts gaining momentum, you'll see a bunch of clickbait articles like "Where Captain Marvel did right for women and Wonder Woman did not" or some shit. Bandwagoners are very flippant, they'll start complaining about how WB fucked up Diana, and how they deserved much better
>>
>>98643829
Meh, it worked with Guardians of the Galaxy. Just don't make her extremist feminazi dyke modern Captain Marvel and it should be fine.
>>
>>98643815
>to mostly do their own thing
Not really. Sure, the directors have gotten a bit more personality into the films, but a lot of them feel ironed out. I think Doctor Strange and Ant Man are the most egregious examples of this.
>>
>>98643694
This shit is just objectively so wrong it's hilarious.
I'll give you that the cast is not 100% uniformly good and there are some shit ones there too, but the majority are really solid quality actors.

However, not even a great actor can save shit writing and editing.
>>
>>98643932
Works every time.
>>
>>98643671
No shit thats why they put game of thrones actors in anything it's why Peter dinklige is in days of futures past
>>
>>98643631
>the actor was meh
tbf, this applies to just about everyone. But yeah, I was actually pleasantly surprised by Cyborg.
>>
>>98643911
that's what I mean by MOSTLY. The directors have some allowance but only if they also follow through with the execs list of demands.

There is no real freedom with that much money invested.
>>
>>98643932
No I think the issues are with the director's not directing properly also Jason momoha gets an easy role because he speaks a made up language on game of thrones
>>
>>98642146

shouldve been never been hired for Man of Steel, but certainly shouldve been fired after it
>>
File: superman.jpg (404 KB, 2000x1208)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>98642146

unwatchable

sure

anything would be better than whedon

look at the snyder cut

studio shill websites
>>
>>98643228
Except good.
>>
>>98644137
you should

go back

to

>>>/reddit/
>>
What do you think will be next for Simple Snyder? Will he go back to making his own original terrible movies?
>>
>>98643324
As much as I didn't like the WW movie, Captain Marvel is just going to suck. Carol has never, and I mean NEVER, been a good character. Countless people have already tried to fix her, this bitch is failure incarnate.
>>
File: pri_66872136.jpg (87 KB, 620x775)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>98643306
>How did Gal Gadot get cast again? She is legitimately terrible and I don't understand it?

>>98643355
>Ben

Look at him now
>>
>>98643324
I don't know which is the worst choice, I would never buy a ticket to see any movie with these 2 actress
>>
>>98642146
>Deborah pit
kino desu.
>>
>>98642549
You don't know what a flop is do you
>>
>>98643054
cuz dc still has good cartoons with trash movies while marvel still pumps out ok-good movies but killed their good cartoons
>>
>>98644835
What was the lesson? Did he learn it?
>>
>>98643179
>It's the American Revolutionary War, except nobody wears a shirt!
>Not even the Redcoats. No, they're just sunburnt.
>>
>>98642602
Honestly it was probably actually something interesting. Considering these people think the Marvel movies, Wonder Woman and Jumanji 2 are good movies, their mindset is questionable.
>>
>>98644984
>DC has good cartoons
not if their animated movies thus far are any indication
>>
>>98643213
Imagine Snyder doing Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin.
>>
>>98645318
I don't have to imagine, since it'd be just like Watchmen: he plays it 100% straight while any satire flies right over his head
>>
THIS

IS

SNYDERRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>98643580
>his voice was just a horrible decision

Nolan's fault. He has terrible judgment with voices. It's a miracle that Ledger nailed the voice for the Joker.
>>
>>98643062
>RDJ finally overcomes substance abuse and becomes the face of the MCU
>Affleck becomes the face of the DCEU and is then overcome by substance abuse
>>
>>98645514
Like pottery.
>>
>>98642549
He nees to find movies that work to his style like Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen or 300
>>
>>98644234
anon, for all the "Marthas" and "Stop invincible Son" shit Snyder movies had, his scenes never looked like tv shit. More than I can say for any TV director disney hires to make 20 cuts for 1 thrown punch.
>>
>>98645735
no, they just look like trailers and/or music videos
>>
>>98643062
>>98645514
No actor is above Batman.
>>
>>98645790
Batman is the role that eats its young.
>>
>>98642146
So wait, do we know the reason why snyders daughter killed herself. I just have to know the juicy details.
>>
>>98645825
>I just have to know the juicy details.
no you don't
>>
>>98643054
Might that have to do with Marvel Comics having spent 10 year with absolute garbage editorial policies while their movie divisons have long-term planning and cohesive vision ; while DC comics are (thus far) running fairly smoothly while their movie division (read : WB) is desperate to ape whatever works for others while having no ideas of their own.
Mmmh, nah, let's just say it's all about /co/ being stupid and forget Axel Alonso exists.
>>
>>98642549
Sucker Punch was cool tho
>>
>>98645843
>Axel Alonso exists
well, not anymore
>>
>>98642146
I'll never understand why the kept Snyder on as long as they did, or allow him the level of control he wielded.
>>
>>98645917
That doesn't make all the damage he did go away.
Shit won't fix itself overnight. Nocareer hacks and Milkshake girls won't fire themselves and the staff hasn't stopped insulting its customer base for being straight hwait males either.
>>
I don't understand why some of you think a two part Justice League movie would've been a good idea.
>>
>>98645924
They foolishly thought that Man of Steel was a good foundation and let Snyder go wild. Once BvS came out it was too late; Justice League started filming days later.
>>
>>98642832
>Thor was good outside Earth.
Everything apart from the begining and the end take place on earth. It's bad movie with some good scenes at start and finish.
>>
>>98645981
Yeah, Thor was awful, even worse than Man of Shit, Thor and Loki literally spend minutes talking directly to the audience descrivbing the characters
>>
Give it a little suck, Snyder's wife.
>>
>>98644064
>an easy role
With a made up language, people don't understand what you're saying. You have to convey everything through tones and facial and body expressions. It's not that easy when speaking a tongue that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>98643235
I don't even comprehend how someone can like BvS. It's so badly done, so ineffective.
>>
>>98643324
>he thinks brie "flat as a fridge" larson in a puke green motorcross suit is going to be anything but a the lead in marvels first flop

oh no no no no no...
>>
>>98643361
Average is 5/10 anon. 7/10 is far too much for WW.
>>
>>98645735
dark and moody shit is still shit
>>
>>98643802
It's obvious that the nightmare scene was supposed to be foreshadowing. The Flash said it himself "I'm too early" or something like that.
>>
>>98646173
I don't understand it, DC choose the most asslet woman they could find and thenMCU came with a woman with even less ass
>>
>>98645735
>his scenes never looked like tv shit. More than I can say for any TV director
It doesn't matter if he can't connect scenes together properly. And he can't.
>>
>>98643829
>captain marvel is a nobody
So was Ironman. I literally had never head of Tony Stark until the Ironman movie trailer. I knew of Ironman from MvC, but i didn't know his birth name.

Being a nobody is a GOOD thing, very good, in building something from scratch for a film.
>>
>>98646237
Wow Anon, don't you know it's the current year? Femal leads must be as flat as possible, the opposite would be problematic.
>>
>>98643548
You're thinking about rumors for his original concept for the movie. What actually got recorded, even under Snyder, was already meant to be standalone aside from any sequel teasers. It wasn't part 1 of 2 anymore.

>>98642602
At the very least, basically every single scene where Superman speaks or interacts with the cast after his initial confused phase seems to have been shot by Whedon. So, Snyder must have been trying some pretty weird stuff there that just didn't work according to that test audience.
>>
>>98646237
>>98646277
These movies are suppose to be for girls. Stop bitching because they didn't cast your favorite porn actress.
>>
>>98643001
No, but you can break it into a ton of action sequences though.
>>
>>98646246
Of course the scenes can't connect. WB goes into the editing room & chops them up in the final cut.
>>
>>98642146
>part of /co will continue to insist Zack got shafted and "his" movie would have been a masterpiece and it's all the studio's fault for interfering and that Zack can do nothing wrong and everything he's ever filmed is poor kino, it's just the audience is too dumb to understand it
>>
>>98643054
/co/ doesn't even read comics. i wouldn't pay attention to anything someone bitches about here. only reasons to bother are story time threads(where fags that were never going to pay for the issue bitch about it), and bookshelf threads for recs.
>>
File: 1514743533006.png (1.26 MB, 977x1215)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
Guys, I need help.
How do I filter everything MCU, DC blind-hate, Marvel blind-hate, etc.

It ruins the board and I just want to talk about comic books.
>>
>>98643001
Whedon got lucky to direct the tentpole title piggy backing on the success of the solo titles. AoU being positively received has got to be the biggest lie the critics ever told. It had the shortest honeymoon phase of the titles, yet was revered as the greatest thing at the time.
>>
File: 1495016294702.jpg (94 KB, 600x852)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>98642146
these damn bullies man :(
>>
>>98646481
Alt+f4.
>>
>>98646481
start threads about comics
>>
>>98642146
I mean its not like the wheadon cut was watchable either, so what made it so bad?
>>
>>98646481
We ban american posters. They are everything bad with the site.
>>
>>98646388
Oh right, when they cast a spiderman the fag must have a sexy ass for the girls to fap but when they cast a girl is "no ass for u" because apparently boys dont deserve to masturbate
>>
>>98646564
Masturbation is LITTERALLY a form of sexual assault. When the man does it that is.
canadian legislation isn't even that far from unironically believing this
>>
>>98646564
anon just because you're attracted to twinks doesn't mean everyone is
>>
>>98642832
I'm a massive mcufag, I'll be honest.

Iron man 2 was terrible, avengers 2 was bad and guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 was disappointing.
>>
>>98643006
>Leaked photos and artwork from the cancled Justice League Mortal came out the other day.

If we're talking about those pics from the thread last night/yesterday, a lot of those pic came out years ago.
>>
>>98642146
Anyone got a link to the actual Collider story?
>>
>>98646266
>So was Ironman.
No, you are just a casual and should get out of here.
>>
>>98642779
>MoS
>mediocre
Man of Steel was the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. It shocked me how bad it was. In no way is Man of Steel "mediocre."
>>
>>98643802
What lies? This revelation actually fits well with that plan. If the movie was intended to be a two-parter with time travel that ends on a bleak note with Darkseid and an unresolved plot, it makes complete sense it would be unwatchable.
>>
>>98646180
Wonder Woman was far better than homecoming, if homecoming is a 5/10 movie then wonder woman is 7/10
>>
File: 1516067728771.png (514 KB, 1280x720)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
Zach Snyder doesn't work as the main director. That's it. It's THAT easy.

Hire him as a visuals consultant or something like that. The best parts of Watchmen were his attempts at adapting panel-for-panel scenes in motion. Everything bad about Watchmen was everything he started freestyling and changing the movie.
>>
>>98643004
Agreed, I love a lot of marvel movies and I left avengers 2 confused as to why it seemed like I was the only one who didn't like it.
>>
>>98646712
>let me quickly bash on Marvel in a discussion that had nothing to do with them in order to praise a DC movie relative to them even though I said nothing objectively good about the DC movie im defending
>>
>>98642602

He pretty much had complete creative control on BvS and that movie was a jumbled overly long mess with far too many characters and no time spent on any of them. This movie had even more characters and likely would have been even longer.
>>
>>98643054
>>98643114
Are you brain damaged?

You do realize you can like certain things a brand puts out (even if Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment are separate entities and have no relation to eachother) without liking EVERYTHING that brand puts out. And vice versa, you can hate most but like some.

Are you a child?
>>
>>98642826

yea but it had a lot of cross promotional consideration. It's very hard to tell how well a movie actually did based on box office. Jurassic World is an interesting example. The level of exposure universal was able to give Mercedes in the film helped pay for the film. So when a budget says one number, that might not have been all from the studio. Sometimes when movies hit exposure levels cross-promotional people help pay a premium to maintain films advertisement and presence in theaters. MoS had heavy cross promotional considerations. Sears, ihop, whatever else. This meant more profit for WB. 600m+ is pretty good when they didn't fron the entire 200m budget of the film.

Something like Pirates of the carribean though, with 0 cross promotional considerations, that hurts when it does poorly. There's no company paying disney for exposure of shoes or candy or cars in that movie.
>>
>>98646769
unrelated but I am still mad about Jurassic World
>>
>>98646738
T H I S
Snyder at least has a distinc style which is far more than can be said of many if not most directors currently active in Hollywood. Which sadly leads to the risk of going full style over substance or getting caught up in one perspective and going unchecked in the process.
But his visual style and his editig pacing have their merits. It's all about not throwing the baby with the bath water. Snyder could work great if he is properly surrounded.
And most importantly, if he stays as far away as possible from actually writing stuff.
>>
>>98646759
Is a valid comparison with another famous movie, Wonder Woman had a memorable cast with Trevor,Candy,Ares, Diana and has story progression

Homecoming spiderman cast is a disaster,"penis parker,all was build by slaves,lmao wtf petey is spiderman :D" and a bland version of Peter Parker without any memorable traits, the only strenght of this movie was the villain.
>>
I really am just wonder who thought it was a good idea to have Zach Snyder to helm the DCEU, he isn't exactly the most prolific director on the planet nor does he have long standing production experience with the DC team. He made Sucker Punch.

Feige was the producer for Blade, X2, Hulk, and Spider-Man 2 before the MCU even tried to launch off. Marvel then created a creative committee made of Marvel's chief officers to ensure long standing plans. Does DC even have that?
>>
>>98645825
i hope you experience mind-shattering pain
>>
>>98645825
you vermin
>>
File: 1460742450649.jpg (52 KB, 702x536)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>98646564
These movies are primarily for children. Boys & Manchildren are in this for the power fantasy, girls too depending it's a female lead. Women (mothers?) watch these for the Beefcakes and Manservice. Fathers are just kinda trapped going to these things. Pandering to Men has been tertiary for awhile.
>"At least it's not fucking Peppa Pig..."
>>
>>98646872
>Does DC even have that?
DC doesn't but Warner does.
DC properties were rushed into the juicy expander universe formula to try and bank on it while it was still fresh with little to no planning beforehand. And it all started at the worst possible time when Nolan was done with his trilogy. The success of his movies probably prompted WB comitees to take interest in someone like Snyder with a disting style and experience with comic book adaptations (no he hasn't just made Sucker Punch, Watchmen and 300 are very relevent here). There was hope that he could carry the next wave of movies like Nolan did.
We all know how it panned out.
>>
>>98646872
not to mention that Marvel hedged their bets, they hired a different director for literally all of their movies. If one failed, they could blame it on the director. But people would still go to watch the other movies made by other directors; even if they all had creative oversight that would rein them in to be relatively similar.
>>
>>98646872
Zack directed 300 and Watchmen, two rather dark comic book movies. WBDC wants to go the dark route after TDK's success and Superman Returns' failure. they thought Snyder would be a good fit.
>>
>>98643054
>It hates everything Marvel related except for its movies.
Movies are the only thing Marvel's doing right because they're made by people that love comics.

Because for the most part, DC Comics and animated works are made by people that love comics.
>>
>>98647011
>animated works
they've become DC film quality as of late
>>
>>98647011
Ed Boon is a comic fan?
>>
>>98646441
Editor is a job. It needs skills. A good editor can save a movie. Just ask George Lucas how his first wife made something out of Star Wars rushes in the editing room.

Editors aren't there to actively destroy a director's work.
>>
>>98647036
teen titans go and DC superhero girls are solid shows for their audiences while Young Justice for all it's flaws is easily better than the competition
>>
>>98643054
>>98647011
Because DC has no control of what WB does. WB is the one that holds neat stuff like a Batman live action TV series because they deem it more profitable as a movie franchise to milk to death.

>>98647036
only because they stick to their nu-52 format.
>>
>>98647061
>implying WB hire editors
Suicide Squad's theatrical release was edited by a trailer house.
That's how little they care about the integrity of the material compared ot the bottomline.
>>
>>98647085
I guess Bright was also edited by a trailer house
>>
>>98646844
I don't remember any scene in Homecoming that was outright awful. It had some big problems but no rolling eyes moment. WW had plenty of those.
>>
>>98647036
>they've become DC film quality as of late
Their "mainline universe" OVAs? perhaps.
Else World/Spin off stuff like DKR. Arguable. But better than the

Young Justice was alright imo for what it was worth.
>>
>>98643755
How come everyone stops fighting when Diana kills Ares?
>>
>>98643748

Most of the older actors in it are very talented. But it's the younger ones who are popular with normies, and are in demand for movie roles. A number of them seem to have limited range.
>>
File: 1516582040496.jpg (34 KB, 500x375)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>98643748
>Stannis as Dr Fate
>>
>>98647153
The war was already over but Ares manipulated poison and the general to lead a rogue mission to hit Londres with their chemical weapon and start the doomsday scenario
>>
>>98643054
The marvel movies are made for children. We just choose to enjoy it from the POV of kids as well.

Which is why we dislike the DC movies. At first we were expecting a more adult-oriented superhero film (case in point- watchmen)

Buuuut when made more it child-like/comedic. Such as that picture you've posted from the ending.
>>
>>98645850
This. I still like it.
Admittedly I liked it more the first time I watched it and thought they really were prostituting the girls.
>>
>>98646738
At that point why not skip the middle man and hire Pong or Chong or whatever the name of his director of photography is.
>>
>>98647315
>Admittedly I liked it more the first time I watched it and thought they really were prostituting the girls.
wait, weren't they?
>>
>>98647153
Because the crazy tornado of death stopped? They were relieved.
>>
>>98646872
DC wanted to differentiate from Marvel by instead of a kind of template fitting house style, going with a singular auteur vision, similar to what Nolan gave them with his trilogy.

In theory it was a solid idea. He came with an actual outlook and plan, and his cinematography dunks on anything Marvel has put out. His stuff looks great.

He was never some obviously wrong choice, the Man of Steel trailers were amazing. They still are! But his final product and the visions they came with just didn't resonate with people.

I don't count anything involving Justice League to really be on him, even his initial apparently awful cut. I think his hands were already off the wheel at that point, they'd already began trotting out the "Justice League will be lighter and fun, honest!" stuff and that's not his lane.
>>
>>98645850

It was not, ridiculous fight scenes, which shows that Snyder does not know how to work with choreographies and don't have the gift of making the actors do fight scenes
There is no nudity, and the whole film has that Looney Tunes tone, no real danger happens there
and green screen, the light is artificial
Snyder has to learn to work with natural light
and enough to work with scenarios entirely made in CG
>>
File: typical snder shot.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>98647377
>DC wanted to differentiate from Marvel by instead of a kind of template fitting house style
At this point this is revisionist history. Marvel didn't have a "house style" until Phase 2, which started at the same time MoS was in development.

Snyder's cinematography is overrated to all hell, he just does a lot of awe-inspiring wide angle contre jour/high contrasts shots. They're well done but he's maybe a 2 trick pony at most, and he keeps reusing those 2 tricks until they become completely meaningless in terms of movie making. It's fine for a trailer or a music video, but you can't cram that shit in a movie for almost 3 hours and expect it to awe people every fucking time. Then you've got the issue of that awe being unearned, but that's not strictly a cinematography issue.
>>
>>98647062
>Justice League Action and DC superhero girls are solid shows for their audiences

FTFY. TTGO is trash.
>>
>>98642146
One of my friends is a DC Apologist, who described Zack as a genius. I cannot wait to show him this.

As far as i'm concerned, I don't go in with the whole company-war. I just want good films starring my favourite superheroes like Superman, Spider-Man and Hellboy. Now that waste of perfectly good air is out of the way, we can hopefully get a good Superman movie.
>>
File: [HMMS EXTERNALLY].gif (1.47 MB, 480x270)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>98647268
>Which is why we dislike the DC movies. At first we were expecting a more adult-oriented superhero film (case in point- watchmen)

Both BvS and Suicide Squad were "adult-oriented" and they were outright unwatchable. If anything their desperate attempts at making it more comedic was a slight step up in quality.
>>
>>98643373
Ohohoho forgot that classic storytime.

Such devastation can't be seen nowadays. Mostly because there has not been an awful DC/Marvel/superhero movie this year so far.
>>
>>98643306
She is not that bad.
>>
>>98642549
>BvS
>one of the top grossing movies of its year
>flop

retard
>>
>>98647763
BvS had an absolutely gigantic budget, and marketing budget to match. They pushed it really damned hard.

It was meant to make Avengers money, didn't, and also suffered huge word of mouth based drops.
>>
>>98643054
God I hate that Ezra faggot.
>>
I will just never understand how DC keeps stumbling on like a punch drunk boxer, constantly three steps behind the action

They shit the bed on their shared universe AND their big team up movies at a time when Marvel are slowing down with the former and actively checking out of the latter

They need to just eat the losses and start again doing nothing but making stand alone movies that are actually good
>>
>>98642692
Thor was pretty good, Iron Man 2 is underrated.
>>
File: 1511359221559.jpg (42 KB, 710x407)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>98647900
>I will just never understand how DC keeps stumbling on like a punch drunk boxer, constantly three steps behind the action

Marvel Studios started by putting effort with Iron Man because they were nobody at the time. DCEU started because WB saw how much money Avengers made and demanded a DC cinematic universe.
>>
>>98642549
>>MoS: Flop,critics hated
Critics were 50/50
>>
>>98647763
A gross like what BvS has don't mean that much when you've got that kind of budget
>>
>>98643168
Being honest, I fucking hated her in BvS but found her tolerable in JL, even cute at times.
So it all depends on the script but she cant act for shit, she can act cute but looks and some cutesy stuff can only get her so far.
>>
>>98646481
what stops you from simply ignoring it you pussy?
>>
>>98647153
They were shell shocked and happy to be alive after witnessing the titanic battle that just occurred.
>>
>>98643704
>weeblike

It's more in the narrative sense of worldbuilding(or in this case, universe-building). GotG2 didn't had(yet) any actual impact on the infinity storyline, but I still enjoyed nevertheless because it actually feels like a story with consequences. Meanwhile, IM2 is just... there. You could have made any other story to introduce the things for continuity(WM, BW, the ending) and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

>You guys fell too hard for the continuity meme.
It's called Marvel Cinematic UNIVERSE for a reason. If they were standalone movies like Deadpool or the old Blade trilogy, I wouldn't have cared about it as much.
>>
>>98646246
But there was nothing wrong with the scene connections in Mos or the Ultimate Cut of Bvs.
>>
File: (you).png (1.52 MB, 1751x1300)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>98643054
here's another (you) for u
>>
>>98644813
They'll probably make her completely different, like they did with most of The Guardians. Safe bet Marvel Comics is going to take notes after it. I just don't see it failing
>>
>>98644064
Jason Momo just can't fucking act. He meandered around in Stargate Atlantis for five fucking seasons, without a hint of acting being done
>>
>>98647338
Because kinofags don't seem to recognize that DPs exist.
>>
>>98648514
But he had that gun
>>
>>98643054
Marvel comic writers are a collective of nu-male cucks and diversity hires that disguise their shitty writing with poor attempts at political commentary. DC films are directed by Snyder. I don't see what youre not getting here
>>
>>98646388
>Female role-models are Plain-Janes
>Male role models are 10/10's with chiseled physiques
Are women even trying?
>>
Why did she do it?
>>
>>98648761
>Female-role models are Plain Janes

Unless you believe the bullshit SJW movement, most women see a pretty woman with the men ogling after her as the enemy. Marvel wants more money so they aren't going to undercut that by hiring a cheesecake. Scarlett's lucky she got in early because they never would have cast her otherwise.
>>
>>98648828
Every time I think about her, I just get depressed.

I mean, I dislike Snyder's movies as much as the next guy and HATE that he was chosen to head the DCEU, but that's just sad, man.

Honestly, I think if anything, he should probably slow down some more and try to be more in his kids' lives.
>>
>>98648828
Her dad was Zack Snyder.
>>
>>98648177
The ultimate cut of BvS is the worst.
Just remember that moment of high tension just after Lex convinces Superman to go fight Batman. The next scene should be the fight. The tension is there, that's what the spectator has been waiting the whole movie, it should be it.

But no. The next scene is Wonder Woman in her hotel room and the Lex files on the meta. And the scene after that is Superman having a moment with Lois. And Superman isn't as tense as he was with Lex.

And, then the fight begin. But the tension is just gone. There is no momentum because something like 5 or 10 minutes has passed.

BvS is full of moments like that, where you wonder why he put that scene after that one. And also of scenes that are useless.
>>
File: 1512829810489.gif (1.21 MB, 348x261)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>98648761
Plain Janes have been the staple of self inserts in erotic fiction since time immemorial. There is nothing a woman hates more than one that's prettier than her. There will never be a man that hates a woman more than another woman. That's just a fact.

If you want to jack off Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman, you're better off getting a Brazer account.
>>
File: bloo.jpg (6 KB, 239x239)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>98648993
>>
File: 93e.png (43 KB, 706x669)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>98648993
>>
>>98648167
It's just that most of the best parts of the MCU are those that are relatively self-contained. Like GotG precisely. The only exception to that is the Tony/Steve dynamic evolving over time.
>>
>>98649045
Oh yeah, great, in the theatrical cut you just have Superman stink facing through the entire movie with no motivations like existence itself is irritating to him
>>
>>98642146
I always knew the story about him quitting because of his daughter's death was just a cover.
>>
>>98645825
>>98648828
Why is it no one can answer this simple fucking question.
>>
>>98646173
>>98646237
>assfaggots

Fuck off niggers, Brie's tits are great.
>>
>>98648828
Think the corpse is still fuckable?
>>
>>98642549
This may sound blasphemous to some but has too much creative control over his movies, having other people temper his excesses and help him play to his strengths would hugely help him.

All Snyder needs to do is make a dumb simple action movie without his usual pretension, and his career will be back on track.
>>
>>98646765
I would have been more than okay with that version of Justice League. I might be in the minority but I really enjoyed the Ultimate Cut of Batman v. Superman. The theatrical version was hot garbage but I sincerely believe that Snyder's vision was probably better than reported (especially if given the opportunity to make his vision).
>>
>>98649280
Do you really think they'd release that kind of information
>>
>>98642652
He's a very talented director but his self-indulgence undies his great visual sense.

He was the wrong director for BvS and Justice League, it needed someone with a lighter, more colourful tone.
>>
>>98649342
Think the ashes are?
>>
>>98649388
Id assume rumors of why she did it wouldve leaked by now. I have to know everything and it fucking angers me when i cant know the reason why someone would do something like that
>>
You could tell what Wheedon shoved into Justice League at last minute, and what was snyders. Snyders was far better
>>
>>98642832
Marvel Studios movies are more about the characters than the set-pieces. TBQH its why even though there's some shitty VFX I still enjoy the movies slot.
>>
>>98649459
Mix 'em into rubber and make an onahole.
>>
File: 1486010642028.png (406 KB, 879x514)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>98649472
>Snyders was far better
Was it really tho
>>
>>98649576
Bad Snyder or Bad Whedon is not a question I take a long time to ponder
>>
>>98644835
Can you imagine how shit Ben must feel?
>dream is to play as Batman
>literally accepted Daredevil role just because it's the closest thing he could possibly get to being Batman
>finally gets to become Batman
>his movies are utterly lampooned
>>
>>98650195
Is sad man, I had high hopes for these movies. I got really disappointed because of BVS, but along came wonder woman and justice league. For once I loved superman's character and I started getting hope back again. But now with how things are going, I doubt I'll see Affleck as Batman again, feels bad man
>>
>>98647110
Wonder Woman had higher peaks but lower valleys. Sounds about right. In the end, I'd rate them roughly equal as well.
>>
>>98647900
Don't try to put this blame on DC, it's 100% WB's fault. Look at how successful the CWverse has gotten without WB intervention(even with WB embargoing certain characters).
>>
>>98648828
le mentally ill happa meme
>>
File: Mother_Box.png (173 KB, 342x350)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>98649459
No need, I got this.
>>
>>98651584
I have no Idea how much money arrowverse makes, how sucessful they are?
>>
>>98642815
>Big improvement on Ang Lee's Hulk

Maybe in Bizzaro world. Incredible Hulk was shit. It was such shit that Hulk never got another movie and we haven't seen or heard from The Leader, despite being set up in the movie.
>>
>>98651688
They make WB $1B a year as of two years ago.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-tv-series-generate-1-billion-a-year-in-revenue/
>>
>>98651688
This may sound a bit grandiose, but the reason comic book television, in the form of capes, exists, is because of Arrow and the success it has had. It spawned The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Constantine, Gotham, and iZombie, with Krypton and Titans not far behind. And that's just on the DC side; Marvel TV saw how popular and profitable Arrow was and countered it with Daredevil and started building their own TV universe.
>>
>>98642146
It was probably 3 hours of straight up Kino that went over the dumbass producers heads. I'm more hype than ever for a Snyder Cut.
>>
>>98642611
He should have never been hired for MoS in the first place. There must be many other directors out there who can tell an action story with inspirational elements needed to jumpstart Superman for a DC cinematic universe. Synder's type of storytelling and visual design did not jive with a Superman movie aesthetic, I don't know why the fuck they thought it would.

Shit, while we're at it, let's just hire Martin Scorsese for a Yogi Bear movie. Who gives a shit about matching styles, he's a famous guy and his movies make money, right? Yeah, let's go.
>>
Wasn't it supposed to be a two parter? He probably showed them part 1, then they panicked over it ending on another dour note with Darkseid so they cut Zack and truncated it into one movie with Whedon to try and cut their losses.
>>
>>98651888
The only reason Snyder got hired is because he was a house guy at WB and could make the movie quick, which is what they needed at the time because of a lawsuit.

>Shit, while we're at it, let's just hire Martin Scorsese for a Yogi Bear movie. Who gives a shit about matching styles, he's a famous guy and his movies make money, right? Yeah, let's go.
Scorsese is literally one of the best film makers of all time though, Snyder is shit. Scorsese made Hugo, he can change up his style when the material requires it, he doesn't only do mob movies.
>>
>>98642549
after 300 his movies trend downward. he literally got worse over time. i don't see how he even got the job to begin with. he should've stuck with car commercials.

It should've been obvious how badly he needed to be fired when he cast jesse eisenberg as luthor and made him act like an autistic basement dweller tipping his hat to his own intellect.
>>
>>98643054
That's exactly the issue.

Marvel is dogshit in comics, so they are forced to come up with original shit for the movies. (I MEAN FUCK, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW THERE HASN'T BEEN A SINGLE DECENT RUN OF SPIDERMAN ON ALMOST 20 FUCKING YEARS, LIKE HOLY SHIT, HE IS ONLY SECOND TO BATMAN IN POPULARITY, AND THESE THEM/THEIRs CAN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING).

DC is also dogshit in comics, but they have almost all of the "iconic" stories, and, their material has been for the most part better than Marvel for the past 20 years. So they, contrary to marvel, can actually adapt 1-1 some comic stories.
>>
File: img_0754.jpg (254 KB, 646x587)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>98651888
>>
>>98643054
you'd think a forensics scientist would know to not wear fingerless gloves. especially since his are on record.
>>
>>98651924
Was, but early reactions called his version of the movie unwatchable and MoS and BvS profit together was extremely low near flop a movie with this profit never get seguels but WB was trying to force a cinematic universe

They saw after 2 failures and a awful early reaction that there was no way snyder JL would make money and changed the ending so the damage wouldn't be so big with 2 tentpole movies flopping in a row
>>
>>98643785
if it goes anything like the skit i would watch the fuck out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY
>>
>>98643054
Those muscle paddings are awful. Holy shit.
>>
>>98650195
He's gotta be careful now. Being tied to a string of critically and pubically panned movies is exactly what set Ryan Reynolds' career back for several years, as well as tanked his marriage to ScarJo.
>>
>>98651888
>>
>>98643054
What the fuck is Ezra Miller doing? Is this how he thinks runners stand?
>>
>>98652114
>population of six billion citizens
For some reason I always though that kripton population was of a few millions
>>
>>98643168
top kal lel
>>
>>98643054
>what the fuck, /co/ likes good things but dislikes bad things, regardless of which company made them!?
The fact that you find this confusing is deeply discouraging.
>>
>>98649464
Sounds like autism
>>
>JL is bad because it's RT critic score is bad even though majority audience liked it
>SW is bad because its audience score is low but critics liked it
>>
>>98642602
Superman rapes wonderwoman in one scene
>>
>>98642549
Hey man don't disrespect Guardians
>>
>>98643235
>everyone's so stupid but me
>I miss the 90s
>>
>>98652026
>would know to not wear fingerless gloves. especially since his are on record
In seventy plus years how often has Superman worn gloves
>>
>>98646658
http://archive.fo/qsKDy
>>
>>98643109
fuck off, cuck
>>
>>98646266
>So was Ironman.

Yes, but Iron Man was played by Robert Downey Jr. Where as Carol has Bree Larson.
>>
>>98643786
>>98643961
Are you saying your post was bait?
>>
>>98654024
No.
>>
>>98649576

Yes. Whedon's additions, like the forced humor was mostly cringeworthy. With Zach's footage it felt like it was always building up to something, there was weight to it. In the finished product nothing has gravitas or tension because they're quipping all the time.
>>
>>98654171
Whedon's parts were the only good ones
he should've refilmed the entire thing
>>
>>98643054
At least DC has made a few good animated movies. Marvel has none I can think of. I just wish they'd use a Robin that wasn't that shitty twat Damian.
>>
>>98651769
Nah, blame Universal's ownership of distribution rights or something for lack of Hulk.
>>
>>98651963
Eh, Hugo was a pretty weak film.
>>
>>98652223
Well he doesn't know how to run either. Cut him some slack.
>>
>>98642759

He only wrote Training Day. A black guy directed Training Day.
>>
>>98642865

Me too anon.
>>
>>98654644
Some people are content with shit, I guess.
>>
>>98642146
GOOD
>>
>>98654830
FUCKING
>>
>>98654843
NIGHT
>>
>>98654843
RIDDANCE
>>
>>98654843
PIZZA
>>
>>98654843
MILKSHAKE
>>
>>98643089
DC fanboy here, this is just the objective truth and i almost cry myself to sleep at night when i realize ant-man got to be a house hold name before the likes of Zatana, The Atom, Martian Manhunter and Green Lanturn.
>>
File: 1517868223673.jpg (96 KB, 751x1146)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>98654900
>Ant-man got to be a house hold name before the likes of Zatana, The Atom, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern.
Fuck Synder. Fuck Warner. Fuck each and every one of the bastards.
>>
>>98642865
the fuck is that color grading
>>
>>98642146
I wonder if the suicide of his daughter will defang Snyder’s edge or sharpen it further
>>
>>98654900
its so infuriating because DC/WB were already ahead of MARVEL and they blew it! they could have even match every single thing marvel did and even beat them to it!

>get ready for gardians of the galaxy!
>Nope, heres The Green Lantern Corp
>Prepare for Ant-Man!
>The Atom!
>Uh..Here comes Black Pa-
>VIXEN. double points for Girl. In Fact, while we're at it
>Zatana
>Gotham Sirens, thats 3!
>Super Girl
>we could keep going?
>C-Captain M-
>Mary Marvel. Fuck it, We don't have to make Shazam a boy. We Keep Winning We can't Handel all this winning!
>>
File: source.gif (2 MB, 500x281)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>98642146

So the whole thing about him intentionally stepping away because of family tragedy was a lie?

So Joss Whedon was bumped up just because they wanted someone in the seat?
>>
>>98642146

I like Zack Snyder less and less with each film he releases, but the only thing worse than a mediocre chef in the kitchen is two mediocre chefs. WB should have saved themselves that reshoot money.

After MoS and BvS, what exactly did they expect from Snyder?
>>
>>98655125
It takes a lot to make a stew...
>>
Friendly reminder that with 230 million, pic related animated hundreds of photo-realistic apes whilst Justice League had 300 and had trouble animating an upper lip.
>>
>>98655175
When are you retards going to understand that the majority of the budget goes to the actors contracts? The Apes movies don't have high profile actors in them, thus the money is better spent on making the apes look good. Comic book movies will always have shit CGI because they hire big name actors and directors who eat up the majority of their budget.
>>
>>98642692
The only shit one was the Hulk. Iron Man was good. The others were forgettable and there solely to establish the larger MCU but not "shit". Plus they were establishing and introducing (then) smaller characters, not completely fucking ruining their biggest ones irreparably for all further adaptations in the current universe/crop of movies.
>>
>>98655208
>Cavill
>Gadot
>Ezra
>Momoa
>big names
???
>>
File: 2544320.jpg (19 KB, 488x463)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>98643054
Marvel comic bad, Marvel animated show bad, Marvel movie gud

DC comic gud, DC animated show gud, DC movie bad

anon understand now?
>>
>>98647744
You're right, she's worse.
>>
>>98643363
>These aren't really flops though. Financially they profited, but the profit margins were much lower than expected, which to hollywood investors is almost worse than flopping.
It's that the difference between a "flop" and a "bomb"?
>>
>>98643306
She knows how to suck cocks. Lots of cocks. Also see: Emilia Clarke
>>
File: 1479749931073.png (245 KB, 550x375)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>98654900
>when i realize ant-man got to be a house hold name before the likes of Zatana, The Atom, Martian Manhunter and Green Lanturn
>>
>>98655230
>conveniently leaves out Affleck and Amy Adams

Then there's people like Michael Shannon, Jesse Eisenberg, Laurence Fishburne, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Robin Wright, Chris Pine. This shit adds up.

Who's in Apes? Andy Serkis who you never see, and Woody Harleson. The rest are mocap actors or D-list actors to use as voices.
>>
>>98643363
>These aren't really flops though. Financially they profited, but the profit margins were much lower than expected, which to hollywood investors is almost worse than flopping. It makes the movie a red-headed stepchild so to speak. "We don't like it but we can't legitimately write it off as a loss."
So they flopped.
>>
>>98655312
>Who's in Apes?
Not a lot.
First movie: James Franco. John Lithgow.
Second movie: Gary Oldman.
Third movie: Woody Harrelson.
>>
>>98655352
Exactly. They get to use their budget to make the apes look good. Capeshit movies are crammed full of actors they have to doll out checks too, which is probably most of the reason why the budget for Infinity War is $500M or something absurd like that.
>>
>>98649252
I didn't mean "the worst" as in worst than the theatrical cut (I wasn't going to pay to see a bad movie), but as "it's really bad".
>>
Maybe the reason WB execs fired him was because one of them went on 4chan, saw the DCEU threads, and was horrified to realize their movies were liked by crazy people.
>>
>>98651987
Let's be honest, 300 was mainly praised for its visuals. If his remake of Dawn of the dead had the same style as 300, nobody would have been impressed with 300. And that's exactly why nobody's impressed with what he has done later.
>>
>>98646937
>Girls are in it for the power fantasy of being a superhero
>Women (mothers?) watch these for the Beefcakes and Manservice.

99% of teenage girls/young women watch these so they can schlick it to their favorite boyband member later.
>>
>>98656630
d-does that mean womemes actually like manlets?
have I been lied to all along?
>>
>>98656630
This. Boy Bands are the equivalent to titty singers.
>>
>>98656683
Mate you're on 4chan. If you seriously think that we have any source of credibility on anything outside our autistic obsessions, especially in regards to picking up women, then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>98656683
They like confidence and success

nobody gives a shit about height unless you're like 5'0
>>
>>98656683
No women like good looking and rich people.
>>
File: 0432345676543.jpg (44 KB, 409x393)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>98647744
>>
>an entertainment reporter says some shit
>note not even a well established one
>Quoting from unnamed sources
>/co/ like the autistic dumbfuck manchildren and literal children they are fall for it hook line and sinker

you people are retarded, you know that?
Holy shit its depressing people as thick as you have a common interest.
>>
>>98644835
Is he trying to replace Kevin Smith as Silent Bob?
>>
>>98647763
>one of the top grossing movies of its year
It didn't even crack the Top 5, it ended up behind Secret Life of Pets. This is Batman and Superman we're talking about here, that's just ludicrous.
>>
>>98655077
Guardians of Galaxy are more interesting than "space cops"

Ant-Man has better vilains and issues than Atom

Even Black Panther is more interesting and has better stories than fucking Vixen.

Remove fanboy glasses.
>>
File: lookmalmacting.webm (1.4 MB, 1280x530)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB WEBM
>>98647744
>>
>>98657728
>Guardians of Galaxy are more interesting than "space cops"

Dude, dance offs and nostalgic mix tapes lmao isn't more interesting.
>>
File: 1508453252063.png (108 KB, 476x356)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>98647744
Let's see, you're one of those new movie critics, right?
>>
>>98643306
My money's on blowjobs
>>
>>98658203
>gang of hero/criminals in multiple colors and designs doing mercenary work across galaxy, taking a lot of cues from Flash Gordon and old scifi, and MC is just half human
>not more interesting than a bunch of cops acting like cops, dressed in the same way, and that would be mostly centered in human Lanters
>>
File: 466304750.jpg (1.99 MB, 2000x1339)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>98658152
>that forehead
>>
>>98642692
they had Avengers hype and the first one was really good.
>>
>>98643054
Participating before it gets awkward...
>>
>>98643166
Agree with you anon. What could have been. Just imagine JL and JLU being used as an inspiration. It would've been great.
>>
File: Booster Gold Approves.jpg (91 KB, 400x600)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>98656536
>>
>>98642602
Flash spouted memes every 10 seconds with bold Impact text, Batman used Guns, Superman killed left and right without a care, Wonder Woman was an atheist, Aquaman was based on his original superfriends design, and Cyborg was a Black Lives Matter activist.
>>
>>98658152
Literally porn-tier.
>>
>>98651618
Isn't she adopted? They also tend to have mental issues.
>>
>>98659166
>Wonder Woman: God is dead,there is no God, I killed the last one
>>
File: 76546.jpg (76 KB, 1417x781)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>98661156
>>
>>98651888
Still not as weird as Michael Bay's Dora the Explorer.
>>
>>98642652
>sucker punch too,and watchmen,and 300, and dawn fo the dead
Those films are all fucking great though you absolute pleb, stick to your disney quipshit
>>
>>98642549
because they're hoping they could pull off another dark knight with snyder
>>
>>98655113
>So the whole thing about him intentionally stepping away because of family tragedy was a lie?

>girl offed herself 6 months before the step down
>it was from his second marriage, one he has had the least contact with
>according to most sources he never attached to that family
What the fuck do you think?

>So Joss Whedon was bumped up just because they wanted someone in the seat?
They wanted to try and win back viewers as fast as possible and they did what WB always fucking does and just grabs a person who has name power behind them. Joss got it because he ruin his job prospects both when he caused such a shit show with AoU and when he shat on Jurassic World with SJW shit which has made both Universal and Sony black ball him for different reasons. WB had no shame and was desperate so offered Joss a seat at the DCEU table and Joss being out of options said yes. Issue is Joss has burn a lot of bridges with fans too and short of his most fanatic fans he has no following like he did. Depending on how his Bat girl film goes will effect his future the most, assuming he even gets to make it.
>>
File: hearty keks.jpg (337 KB, 867x848)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>98648828
>my wife's daughter
>>
>>98643306
BJs
>>
>>98654096
>Robert Downey Jr.
You mean that literally who druggy who hadn't made a big film in a decade?
>>
>>98649383
The problem is that he LOVEs being pretentious. He wouldn't resist to go overblown with the commentary and symbolism rather than play at his strengths.
>>
>>98642146
Much rather watch that compared to what we got.
>>
>>98643054
Because Marvel mostly has shit comics but good movies and DC mostly has good comics and shit movies

It's really not a hard concept. Despite what shit posters will tell you most of us read shit from both companies
>>
File: Two Directors.jpg (909 KB, 2127x1129)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
>>98642146
'Unwatchable' huh. Studio PR bullshit. Stop believing corporate shills ffs.
>>
>>98652019
>JMS Spider-man
>Not good
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338 KB, 612x692)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>98665195
>They ruined nice-guy Snyderman with derp CGI face
No, they tried to band-aid Evil Dickery Superman. WB knew general audiences had just about had enough of Snyder's Man of Menace. Having him be corrupted in the 3rd film was just too much.
>>
>>98646765
No he didnt. BvS was originally 2 movies.

Also the extended cut was reviewed favorably.
>>
>>98658455
>a team of countless heroes from from diverse worlds only united by they will and aultruistic ideals in the stories that explore the universe and what makes someone a better hero
>not better than a team of characters without even a solid reason to be in the team besidess plot in a overused "self parody" space adventures with always the same protagonist

Yes, green latern is more interesting that your hyper generic reddit story
>>
>>98664579
A big actor in hollywood that was already famous yes
>>
>>98666900
Show a site that show the consensus of many different directors where it was said that this extended cut was good

Oh wait, there isn't, Snyder was never good.
>>
>>98666900
>Also the extended cut was reviewed favorably.
By fanboys or WB employees?
Because it's still shit, there's nothing in it that redeems the theatrical, it just attempts to explain a few scenes that don't make much sense.
>>
>>98666942
You clearly don't know a damn thing about the career of Robert Downey Jr.
>>
B-but DC is kino guys! Snyder was a chad's chad and Whedon was the cuckboi who ruined the movie, really!
>>
File: ohNOO.png (265 KB, 398x321)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
I did not hit her! It's BULLshit! I did not! Oh hi, Bruce.
>>
>>98667012
He was being nominated for Oscars and getting several golden globes WAY before MCU

You are a complete retard or underage if you think he was not a big name on hollywood before MCU
>>
>>98642815

Marvel movies changed after Civil War because that's when they got fucking rid of Ike
>>
>>98655175
This latest Planet of the Apes was delayed like half a year or something just so they could fine-tune the effects. Justice League's downfall was because WB refused to delay at all. Had they done so, Henry Cavill's mustache would not be the franchise-killing meme it has become
>>
>>98643324

You can't steal the Thunder of a movie that was released years before and made more than anyone expected it to.

Wonder Woman will always be the first big budget female superhero film. Nothing Captain Marvel does can change that
>>
>>98666942
RDJ's name wasn't a huge pull in 2008. He was a complete has-been at the time and mainly remembered as a druggie/convicted criminal.
>>
>>98663957
cuckerpunch is shit
you fucking contrarian
>>
>>98646844
The only good casting in WW was Chris Pine. Don't be retarded anon.
>>
>>98667877
This. When IM came out he was mainly known as the guy who served jail time for crazy-driving naked through LA with a trunk full of heroin + being booted off Ally Mcbeal for snorting coke in the actor's bathroom.
>>
>>98667877
Nah. the guy was still a big actor, he was in a couple dozen famous movies, he got oscar nominations few years before and several other big prizes

He was already super famous at the time, having a scandal is nothing and thinking that he lost his fame because of that is ridiculous
>>
>>98642146

I liked MoS and Justice League. But after BvS it was obviously time for him to go
>>
>>98668278
He was mostly starring in small-time indie projects by the 2000's and a poster boy for squandered talent in the media.

It wasn't one scandal. It was a slew of drug related scandals ending up in a 3 year long jail sentence. He was super famous for snorting vast amounts of coke up his nose.
>>
>>98666912
>>a team of countless heroes from from diverse worlds
It will only focus on human lanters, and MAYBE Killawog
>and aultruistic ideals in the stories that explore the universe
As far as "Space opera" go, the GL books are kind of weak, Marvel has a more interesting cosmic, while DC has better magic. At least in my opinion, 90% of it is Thanagar War and GL drama over different colors or overused assassin robots.

>not better than a team of characters without even a solid reason to be in the team
They work well together, they saved the galaxy and built a name around it, they get work wih the "brand" as the Guardians of the Galaxy

>in a overused "self parody" space adventures
Space Adventures are always welcomed, GL would be too, but isnt as interesting

>with always the same protagonist
It would be the same with GL
>>
>>98645253
I bet you really believe that shit.
>>
>>98665195
More like Man of Balding

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.