[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>issue #12 of Doom Patrol STILL not solicited
>relaunched series TPS don’t have volume numbers, meaning they’ll end at 6 Issues
What went wrong?
>>
>>99921955
You'll never know the actual reason. But I do.

Shoulda just been above board with everything.
>>
>>99922012
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>99921955
That makes me sad. I wasn't reading it so i'm part of the problem, but Way seemed to be passionate.
>>
Not enough Batman, the only thing at DC that manages to sell comics
>>
>>99922012
Please explain
>>
Doom Patrol was the best Big Two comic coming out.
>>
>>99922316
Shade was better in every single way
>>
>>99922292
Don't feel too guilty. No one reads comics.
>>
>>99921955
>Doom Patrol not selling well
A curse all the non Morrison runs have to deal with.
>>
File: 1507754156162.jpg (305 KB, 1280x663)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>99921955
I loved Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing girl
Well, all good things ending.
>>
>>99922363
I mean, I own and have read Morrison's DP, I just hadn't gotten around to Way's.
>>
>>99922352
I mean, I loved all the Young Animal books so I think your opinion is valid.
>>
File: 1519844932363.jpg (2.26 MB, 3975x3056)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>99921955
>What went wrong?
>>
>>99922381
Well so do I but the subtext is that no one reads comics "in the way comic book companies want us to."
>>
>>99922261
>>99922314
( ˘ 3˘)
>>
>>99922407
Ah. Very true. Floppies are not my bag, baby.
>>
File: sigh.png (234 KB, 432x367)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>99921955
I've barely touched mainstream DC since YA was a thing though, I don't want to go back.
>>
>>99922375
I would have been more excited about this pandering to my furry fetish had I already had that pandered to by GLA’s Good Boy
>>
>>99922419
As is reasonable. People, in general, no longer have a sense of commitment to bi-weekly or even monthly floppies. It's a misreading of the habits of your reader base.
>>
>>99922447
There's nothing to go back to. Though a complete faggot like yourself might like Catwoman.
>>
File: 1444442936912.png (349 KB, 759x446)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
This line sucked.
Too hipster for the average capefag, too mainstream for the average indiefag.
Who on Earth reads this trash?
>>
It's too bad. I've bought every issue except for mother panic (didn't care about the character/art), and I've enjoyed everything so far. Shade really surprised me, and bug and cave Carson have been really fun.

If anything, Doom Patrol is the weakest, imo. Way is a good writer but I think he'd do better in his own playground. I wish he'd do more umbrella academy, but that seems unlikely.
>>
>>99922526
>here is my opinion, as a person who doesn't read comics.

Have a (you), friendo.
>>
Don't look at me, I bought Bug.
>>
>>99921955

It just felt... Hollow?

There weren't any strong themes. The stories felt safe and just sprinkled with relationship drama.
>>
>>99922573
Nice strawman.
>>
>>99922316
Astro City was better imo but otherwise I agree
>>
I should have tried them all instead of just the two books I was interested in enough to follow from the beginning.
>>
>>99922526
The people like me who are making their transitions from a capefag to an indiefag
>>
I bought the first volume TPB, beautifully presented for a Spanish-translated book, but months later the rest of the trades are still there. I don't think the Doom Patrol can come back, guys.
>>
>>99922573
You're not supposed to use a Green text to describe yourself anon.
>>
>>99922887
lol what're you thirteen? Just go read fucking indies loser.
>>
>>99921955
Disappointing if true.
With those sales I don't really doubt it.

Still, it's been nice and I'll be able to say I have everything the line put out.
>>
>>99922968
I’m eighteen, actually
>>
>>99922316
But anon it's not coming out
>>
>>99922352
Shade is alright but ultimately overrated by waifufags
>>
The fuck are you on about op?
Shade, Cave Carson and Mother Panic all continue with a new number 1. Eternity Girls is also out right now
DP will also be back
>>
>>99926283
You should reread the OP. Unless you don't want to understand the bad news.
>>
>>99921955
DC didn't care enough and didn't shill them.
>>
>>99921955
Gerard Way.
>>
Got to make room for the Bendis imprint.
>>
who were supposed to read this

off the top of my head only tumblrinas
>>
>>99922381
Don't bother, Way's DP is just shitty fanfiction. And I'm not even kidding or trying to be mean, it truly feels like fanfiction.
>>
>>99926593

Elaborate, please. And explain how it's different from other corporate owned IP writing gigs being licensed fanfiction.
>>
>>99926483
Everything unique these days is either sjw or tumblr to you fags
>>
>>99926899
in fairness, nobody else wants this kind of stuff
these are very anglo stuff and most tumblrinas are actually americans and canadians who consume/possibly demand these anglo cartoons/comics

i dont think those who consume decent anime and manga, which is not moeshit, will buy it either.
>>
>>99921955
Damn I just started reading this too
>>
Shade #4 was solicited with of 6 next to it but the newest solicitation doesn't have that. It seems like it's ending anyway looking at the story.
>>
>>99921955
it was only a matter of time

you'll be seeing a lot more of these in the coming months before the announcement that all of DC is being shut down
>>
>>99922300
Why say this as if anything Marvel sells close to Batman? Spider-man does 40k less at least. I know this is b8 but the industry is a shot show right now
>>
>>99921955
Nothing. There just isn't a market for such books.
Be glad that it existed.
>>
>>99926407
They gave them a justice league crossover event. Comic readers don't try new things. Do I have to remind you of how much shock there was when Mr Miracle increased sales?
>>
>>99927598
Spider-man sells around 50-80K. It still sells a lot better than any non Bat DC property.
>>
>>99927630
>They gave them a justice league crossover event
As someone that was supposed to be the target audience for this, that wasn't a good thing. I don't read niche weird comics to see the biggest most popular superheroes show up.
>>
>>99921955
>quirky books not starring big name characters that don't effect the DC universe that much if at all

You know damn well what happened.
>>
>>99921955
looks like sjw shit full of racemixing and strong wyman feminist crap
good thing I never read it
>>
>>99927549
god I wish considering how every comic nowadays is just leftwing proganda with zero escapism or cheese cake
>>
>>99927598
have you read Spider-Man
9/10 Spider-Man is either comic relief or damsel in distress to some strong wyman or black guy
I don´t know the last time I saw spiderman comic where he wasn´t emasculated or humiliated
>>
>>99921955
>What went wrong?
Being garbage
>>
File: DD6oehiUQAAEl-T.png (329 KB, 695x943)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>99922352
yeah i liked that a lot better
>>
>>99927630
>Comic readers don't try new things.
if it is sjw true, but if the actually went back to making anti sjw stuff comic would sell again regardless if it featured old or new characters
>>
>>99929341
Same with Batman.
>>
>>99926399
OP is using circular reasoning.
>>
>>99921955
There isn't enough of a market for comics anymore to support niche/obscure characters. the industry needs to focus on the biggest selling characters only. On top of that there needs to be a heavy focus on NEW IPs. The combination of big name characters and efforts to popularize new characters is the path to success for the industry.
>>
>>99926931
This reads like some communist gobbledegook
>>
>>99929964
>there isn't room in the market for niche/obscure characters
>what the market needs is New IPs
Ummm...anon, you do understand that young animals would be consider as such right?
>>
>>99930016
Shade is not new. Cave Carson is not new. Doom Patrol is not new. They need COMPLETELY new shit. Part of the reason the industry is smaller than ever is because they don't offer new content anymore.
>>
>>99930226
You mean like New Age of Heroes and Vertigo both of which are flopping minus Terrifics
>>
>>99929378
>anti sjw stuff
Holy fucking shit, I hope you realise your insignificance and off yourself. Comic books have always been 'sjw'. Superman's very first story was fighting misogyny, for fuck's sake. Face it, if you're a /pol/tard then you don't belong here. Go back to your safe space or go kill yourself.
>>
>>99930226
Loma is new and Cave Carson had more appearances last year than he did in all his years.
>>
>>99922352
I like them both equally as much, but I respect your opinion
>>
>>99922375
Did Casey fuck the cat man?
>>
>>99921955
Honestly they should just make the line graphic novels and skip the floppy print. Most people reading this stuff just trade wait
>>
>>99928735
>I don't read niche weird comics to see the biggest most popular superheroes show up.
You don't read niche weird comics anon. This was a big 2 line. You aren't even an indie fag. Your a pathetic plebeian who doesn't want toclike popular thugs simply because they're popular.
>>
>>99930476
>Comic books have always been 'sjw'. Superman's very first story was fighting misogyny, for fuck's sake
No they haven't. And Superman fought off an assault. Not misogyny.

And if you read Superman #1 he ties a woman up and calls her a vixen.
>>
>>99930808
>I know they aren't new but in a casual so they're new to me.
>>
>>99931199
Your rage amuses me.
>>
>>99931249
at the time it was progressive not to call her worse
>>
>>99931271
Loma literally did not exist, you incompetent, ignorant, stuck up, unintelligent cunt.
>>
File: costanza cig 2.jpg (20 KB, 243x240)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>99921955
>Decompressed storytelling from a diva creator who hasn't finished his own work
>absolutely no social media hype from said creator who has a larger following than DC itself, and rabid fans who will buy his shit just because he's involved
>First issue was boring set up bullshit with nothing that made it feel distinct from DC's main line or even made it feel like an old Vertigo Comic, rather than a punch in the mouth line starter that separated it from both DC and Vertigo
>Complete lack of variety or even just volume of titles to chose from making the line a DoA little pet project that Way could harmlessly drop when he got bored
Gee I dunno?
>>
>>99931348
How is Gerard Way a diva?
>>
>>99929378
>He says, having never preordered a comic from a shop in his life
>>
>>99931348
>Decompressed
I don't think you know what that means. More things happen in 5 pages in Doom Patrol than any other Big 2 comic. If anything it would probably be helped with a little decompression so that some things have time to settle in.
>>
>>99931376
He's proven himself incapable of meeting deadlines on several occasions. I guess diva is the wrong term, but he has more power than the entire company and can just do whatever he wants and fuck the line over at any time, which is really what I'm driving at.
>>
>>99931435
Plenty of people in comics today have proven they can't meet deadlines and still have a job.
>>
>>99931393
Are you fucking serious? There isn't even a plot established in the first 2 issues. It's not Bendis, but it's poor meandering storytelling.
>>
>>99931447
Who? Adam Hughes? Frank Quietly? Neither of those guys were given the keys to an entire line that was supposed to be a sales boost to the company and a great creative step forward.
>>
>>99930808
is the cave carson comic any good? i remember really liking stuff in the bin with him in it
>>
>>99931348
>>absolutely no social media hype from said creator
Seriously, this is just plain retarded.
Comics weren't very good though anyway. Very derivative.
>>
>>99931297
Shade isn't you chucklefuck. But sure die on that hill.

>>99931277
Your ability to think you're special while reading big 2 comics amused me. I'm happy we amuse each other.

>>99931292
>it wasn't SJW
>but I'll still act like it is
Shut up
>>
>>99931493
Nope.
>>
>>99931543
>absolutely no social media hype from said creator
Maybe one day I'll tell you why it all ceased after certain pre-release posts.

Likely not.
>>
>>99931456
the plot is completely secondary to the characters and being on the wild ride with them. So much shit happens in those first two issues that the plot is just hidden by it.

That may not suit you, but it is the opposite of decompression
>>
>>99931554
Why are you so angry? Do you feel threatened?
>>
>>99931590
He's embarased to be working in comics.
>>
>>99931590
Can you just shut up you fucking faggot? Shit or get off the pot, your silly teases are worthless. Better yet just kill yourself. There weren't any prerelease posts either, I remember tweeting at Way himself the day it came out asking why he didn't hype it up beforehand.
>>
>>99931601
I'm not angry you're simply reading curses and smarm as anger because it's easier to think its impotent rage rather than condescension about shit you like.

If anything you're the one showing signs of feeling threatened.
>>
>>99931629
Lol there were. And no I won't shit get off the pot. I like the pot and the shit will feel so much better when I let it out after holding it.

Also the seat isn't quite down yet so I'm not prepared to shit. It might still get all over me.
>>
Sanford Greene I love you but sometimes you make people look like burn victims.
>>
>>99931629
Why are you so angry anon? Your little line of garbage books being threatened?
>>
>>99931624
Are you...are you serious? Prior to 9/11 his career options were either comics or music. Way LOVES comics, dude. IIRC, he used to sell his own comics at MCR shows.
>>
>>99931596
That's funny because the characters are even worse. Flex has 0 personality and just says a quip per issue, Sane Jane is a fucking disgrace to the character and Way poorly ripping off Morrison's issue where Cliff goes into her head is a prime example of how shitty a writer is. Or how about the kid that joined Mr. Nobody's Brotherhood of (get this) NADA? you think scenes of him overhearing his parents talking, being spotted "wait", " no fuck you" and joining "the bad guy" is well done? Usually when someone uses an awful overused cliche they at least try to add some new element to it. Way's Doom Patrol is literally fanfiction.
>>
>>99931596
So every Bendis book isn't decompressed because it has character focus too then. Decompression specifically refers to plotting. You also can't come at me with
>More things happen in 5 pages in Doom Patrol than any other Big 2 comic.
which very obviously refers to plot, and then backpedal on your bullshit completely saying plot is irrelevant. I get it you love the book, this thread isn't about the book's quality but why the line failed. Pitching a line as "a revival of 80s mature reader/Vertigo titles" which were all heavily, heavily plot driven thanks to being written by ex-2000AD guys (and mind you they also had great character writing) and then delivering a decompressed book that doesn't separate itself from the main line is a good way to kill a line from minute one.
>>
>>99931641
You're obviously angry, dude. Are you an imagefag?
>>
>>99931679
I hated the first issue and haven't read one since faggot I just hate little (likely lying) cunts who come on 4chan and go "TEEHEE I HAVE INSIDER INFO BUT WON'T SHARE IT"
>>
>>99931476
>Neither of those guys were given the keys to an entire line
So Way has more on his plate than them?
>>
>>99931692
>Prior to 9/11 his career options were either comics or music.
And he chose music.
>>
>>99931746
So did Mos Def, does that mean he's embarrassed by comedy?
>>
>>99931717
Stick to Bendis books.
>>
>>99931716
>fanfiction
all big 2 is fanfic.

>>99931717
Bendis spends time with the characters spinning their wheels going over the same plot piece for multiple pages. Every page turn in Doom Patrol introduces new elements and idea.
>>
>>99931757
Maybe. I still don't see what the point of your previous post was.
>>
>>99931781
That you're wrong and he's not embarrassed by comics?
>>
>>99931739
Way is a retired millionaire with absolutely nothing to do besides this, he agreed to do this, set the whole thing up and yet is incapable of doing it. Other creators not being good at meeting deadlines does nothing to excuse Way, especially since he's writing rather than drawing. The only writer I can think of that can't make deadlines is Neil Gaiman and that's usually explained in advance since Gaiman usually has several pots on the stove.
>>
>>99931774
Creatively bankrupt person detected.
>>
>>99931790
How does saying
>Prior to 9/11 his career options were either comics or music
Prove that?
>>
>>99931808
>Drawing a single comic is more work than running an entire line.
>>
>>99931808
Doesn't his band still tour? I have no clue cause I never liked that music.
>>
>>99922012
>>99931590
I can't believe people think this guy is anything more than a greasy attention whore
>>
>>99931774
Please actually address what I'm saying regarding why the line failed, as I said I'm not discussing the quality of the book, just why the line failed. Giving us more of the same when it was supposed to be vastly different is not a good business model.

>>99931763
It's almost as if I can dislike both, you mongoloid.
>>
>>99931841
Yes.
>>
>>99930226
I feel like you're really being pedantic here. These niche/obscure are in essence new IPs and I don't know why you think obscure/niche character won't sell but brand new characters will because they are basically the same thing.
>>
>>99931841
It literally is, since the line still has an editor, Way is at best approving pitches.
>>
>>99931871
>These niche/obscure are in essence new IPs
Not in a niche industry where lots of fans pride themselves on esoteric knowledge you fucking retard
>>
>>99931863
My problem right now is that you're saying the line has failed but there's really not a lot reason to think that. You're making an assumption and trying to pass off as fact.
>>
>>99931950
Did you not read OP? DP 12 is MIA and the relaunched titles are being culled. It's ogre.
>>
>doom patrol
>implying anyone here gave a fuck about anything but the fetish stuff
Notice we only had a ton of threads about it when Casey fucked her cat, and Wonder Mom. When there was no fetish shit, there was no plot to fall back on, so no one cared. Lolsorandum doesn't work for a plot, and it certainly doesn't attract new readers.
>>
>>99931863
it is different from Rebirth though. Rebirth is the line that is telling the same old boring stories. YA is something different, or at least not boring like Rebirth is. Doom Patrol is not a normal book, and yes, you are right that may be why the sales are down, but it's better than Rebirth at least
>>
>>99931901
With new characters and new stories.
>>
>>99931950
>>99931970
Also the line is objectively a failure when it sells worse than fucking America and Squirrel Girl. The titles would have been better off under the main DC banner with DC hyping up Way rather than diffusing the hype between him and the line.
>>
>>99931970
fake news.

Indi comics are on a different schedule, they come out when they are ready
>>
>>99931977
>Notice we only had a ton of threads about it when Casey fucked her cat, and Wonder Mom
Because the rest of the stuff was derivative trash. Also 4 months before issues. And don't credit Wonder Mom to Way and Doom Patrol.
>>
>>99931970
>DP 12 is MIA and the relaunched titles are being culled
Like I said, you're trying to pass an assumption off as fact. I also see a lot of evidence pointing to the new title culled either.
>>
>>99931990
>muh floppy market
no one buys floppies for this stuff, anyone who reads these books trade waits. They should just drop the floppy publishing and go straight to trade
>>
>>99931983
It is a normal book compared to the stuff that it is implicitly going to be put up against like Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Morrison's DP, Hitman, Starman
>>
>>99931984
>New characters
*Legacy characters, that's what you call it when a new character uses the same title as an established character
>New stories
Are you fucking kidding me? Anything that's not a reprint is a brand new series? I hope for your sake this is bait.
>>
>>99931984
You can tell new stories with old characters just fine. Most of the time writers tell old stories with new characters*

*they're blatant ripoffs and pastiches of old characters anyway.
>>
>>99932020
>muh floppy market
YOU MEAN HOW THE INDUSTRY/DC CALCULATES SALES AND WHETHER OR NOT THINGS ARE A SUCCESS? OH YEA I AM A RETARD FOR CARING ABOUT THAT SILLY ME
>>
>>99931901
But I still don't know why you think being obscure/niche is such an anathema. Like you just said that comic book nerd like knowing obscure/niche stuff but they won't buy them. I feel like you're just being negative about YA line for reasons unrelated to sales.
>>
>>99932020
Nothing survives on trades alone, numbnuts.
>>
>>99931736
I wouldn't say it's insider info. Maybe 6 people alive know.

>>99931856
Why so angry anon? You could just reach out and apologize.
>>
>>99932064
Right but those legacy characters would still be considered new character because y'know, they're new.
>>
>>99932094
I'm just not going to let you prop up YA as a creative revolution when it's an obvious attempt to cash in on vertigo nostalgia as DC shifts Vertigo away from being something they use to tell DC stories. They are using legacy characters at best, they are not creating new heroes, series or breaking new ground.
>>
>>99932001
That would matter if YA was Indy. It's a Warners subsidiary through DC (the same corporate overlord that created MCR back in the day.)
>>
>>99932144
Not really.
>>
>>99932144
But it's dishonest to call them new characters when they have the obvious caveat of being legacy characters. Legacy character generally means a new character in the first place.
>>
>>99932144
Others disagree. Maybe that's why the books shit the bed. More people need to want to buy it than you. Clearly there were not enough people who agreed with you.
>>
>>99932110
and yet the floppy market is completely overrun by Raina and Dev.
>>
>>99932137
Just shut the fuck up you nigger
>>
>>99932227
Anon I felt the same way. Now that these books are crashing and failing it feels great to watch. It's no so much vindication as it is the joy of witnessing comeuppance.
>>
>>99932226
DC never could sell YA to the (ironically) Young Adult market though, it's intentionally a mature readers line.
>>
>>99932064
>I hope for your sake this is bait.
See when you do that I feel like you're trying to avoid the discussion. These are new stories, what Looma is going through is different from Shade and Doom Patrol pretty much admits it's fanfiction which ironically makes it distinctive enough from Morrison's Doom patrol.
>>
>>99932226
You really don't know what you're talking about though.
>>
>>99932264
Mature my ass, fucker.
>>
>>99932276
Superman having a son is a new story but that doesn't make it a groundbreaking never before seen new comic that prevents it from being just another Superman comic.
You're literally saying if a comic isn't a reprint it's a brand new series. It's like arguing with someone who thinks 2+2=9.
>>
>>99932264
then why have they launched a young adult line and a kids line? And why did they make TT Go and JLA? They are publishing to that age group now
>>
>>99932297
I don't disagree, but it's what they've marketed it as, pigeonholing themselves.
>>
>>99932276
>Looma is going through is different from Rac
Not in the current arc
>Doom Patrol
Just give this one up, it's blatantly uncreative and derivative.
>>
>>99932302
Those aren't Young Animal? I genuinely do not understand the point you're making here.
>>
>>99932326
Not really. Maybe in the same way that 80% of comic book buyers are 40 year olds but the comics themselves are aimed at 13 year olds, it's just that the 40 year olds buying have the mental capacity of 13 year olds.
>>
>>99932190
I feel like you're getting too entrenched here like you can't even make the concession these characters can be considered new.
>>
>>99932361
I could say the same about you as you just said about him. You refuse to accept that others don't see derivative characters as "new".
>>
>>99931271
dont pretend you knew cave carson
>>
>>99932194
How is it dishonest? Looma is not a pre-existing character, she was created very recently. Same with Casey Brinke.
>>
>>99932400
Because it's pedantic and kinda pretentious. Call them derivative all you want but you cannot say they are not new characters.
>>
>>99932415
They ride on the title of (a) previous character(s), they literally are just another "Shade" or "Doom Patrol", it's right on the cover of their books. When that anon said he thought entirely new characters/series would do better he meant just that. Non-legacy, entirely new characters. It's a little more squirrellly concept for a team book, but clearly Way/DC though Casey couldn't carry her own title, and the book is largely comprised of previous Doom Patrol characters.
>>
>>99931641
>tips fedora
>also, god is dead
>gooday gentlemen
>>
>>99932459
Does the cover of the book say Nitro Jesus Force? or the Mystical Shapeshifting Alien? No it says Doom Patrol and Shade. Is the Doom Patrol new? No. Is Shade new? No.
>>
>>99932166
>I'm just not going to let you prop up YA as a creative revolution
Man talk about insecurity. You can have your differing but it feels like you're basing your opinion more on people reacting to the comic then the comics themselves.
>>
>>99932498
But the stories and characters are new.
>>
>>99932571
But you objectively are trying to call it a groundbreaking new thing when it's literally just more of the same legacy character shit. Might as well put all Kyle Rayner and Wally West books on the same level.
>>
>>99932590
No.
>>
>>99921955
Instead of creating new stuff for new people written by new talent they have to reboot old stuff in name only that only pisses off oldfags and doesn't resonate with newfags.
>>
>>99929575
very true
>>
>>99932469
See now I'm getting the vibe you're tying to push these new titles as just cash-ins and that's where I have to say enough is enough. I think you're trying to hard looking for a reason to label these titles as bad.
>>
>>99932667
Yes.
>>
>>99932767
Gud meme
>>
>>99932651
I'm noticing you're putting words in my mouth by including the word "groundbreaking" which changes the connotation. I think you trying to force the burden of proof on me in trying to get me to chase goalposts.
>>
>>99932407
Don't pretend I didn't.

>>99932495
Meh I don't really identity as an atheist. I happen to be insane enough to think everything relates to energy and matter and the fact that neither is ever destroyed or created they simple change form.

I happen to hate staunch, brazen atheists.
>>
>>99932590
So is Jon and Superman having a son by the same metric.

Pro tip:they aren't.
>>
>>99932651
Do you consider Starman to be derivative? What about Morrison's animal man or Doom patrol?
>>
>>99932870
Funny because you started moving the goalposts by pretending that Shade and Doom Patrol are new IPs.
I'm done here, YA is a failure because they failed to understand what the market needed (which I don't even think it's new IPs I'm not that guy).
>>
>>99932884
Jon Kent and the stories he appears would consider to be new.
>>
>>99932896
Yes, they're objectively derivative, however they're also good, unlike YA.
>>
>>99932912
So you concede the argument without really proving your point.
>>
>>99932931
I think I get it now. I didn't get it at first because I ignored all those posts complaining about SJWs and Tumblr but now I understand.
>>
>>99932976
I would be considered an SJW by most of this website, but nice try retard. The books are not good because they pine so fucking hard for the previous books with the same title, whereas the books you mentioned make an effort to play off of those previous versions and separate themselves.
>>
>>99932872
>I happen to be insane enough to think everything relates to energy and matter and the fact that neither is ever destroyed or created they simple change form.
that is insane because it can be created and destroyed. Information is the thing that can't be destroyed.

Learn to quantum mechanics
>>
>>99932896
Morrison came up with his own ideas and characters, numbnuts.
>>
>>99932950
No he pretty clearly just stated that you'd changed the topic of discussion.

>>99933083
This should be good. Go ahead anon tell me how either are complete eradicated from existence. I can't wait to hear this.
>>
>>99933254
Time energy Uncertianty Principle violates it all the time. Same with Quantum Tunneling. Also for the universe on a whole, matter and energy are not conserved.
>>
>>99933180
So did Gerald Way.
>>
>>99932976
Do you seriously think some faggot who chimps out about SJWs and tumblr would like Grant "Crossdresser tranny lover" Morrison?
>>
>>99933347
Lol. Cute anon. Given your vocabulary you know you're arguing something that isn't true.

Or you're good at googling shit you don't know. But you're not even attempting to prove that matter and energy are ever destroyed.
>>
>>99933254
No, the entire discussion was entirely about whether or not YA could be considered as new IP. I argue it is as they are new character dealing with new stories.
>>
>>99933681
>chimp out
You realize that's a racist phrase right? It isn't just "chimpanzees go nuts man" it's literally derived from calling black people monkeys. Say chimp out to a black person and see the reaction you get.
>>
>>99933685
matter energy conservation only works in classical mechanics anon. it works in quantum mechanics if you set proper boundaries, but that doesn't mean it isn't violated. And the universe as a whole is a giant violation of it
>>
>>99933705
No the entire discussion was about why YA failed, which someone argued was because they didn't create new properties, which you then tried to claim that Doom Patrol and Shade were new properties.
>>
>>99933723
I really could give less of a fuck, I'm on 4chan you dumb nigger.
>>
>>99933681
I think they don't actually care about comics and only attack Young Animal because of muh Cultural Marxism.
>>
>>99933705
YA isn't a new IP. It's a like. That isn't intellectual property of any kind. It's trademarked verbiage (and I don't even know if it is).

The new IP would be the singular character and it isn't a new IP as it is directly tied and related to a previously published one.

It's tertiary, not new. There is a legal difference.
>>
>>99933765
Sound like you're from Reddit though.
>>
>>99931590
Lmao you think you’re a master troll, don’t you?
>>
>>99933797
You lectured me about using a racist term on this website and you're going to call ME reddit?
>>
>>99933733
>And the universe as a whole is a giant violation of it
The Big Bang is the supposed genesis of all matter and energy. Time is a construct of this matter and energy stretching out from that point.

It doesn't violate it in anyway. It's literally the manifestation of matter and energy not being destroyed.

Enough of the wiggling anon. You know what I'm saying is true. You're attempting to argue this to no discernible end. I sincerely don't understand where you disagreement leads to.

Energy and matter cannot be destroyed they simply change form.
>>
>>99933767
That's really convenient for you that only mean old righties could ever dislike YA then! No way someone with other political beliefs could ever dislike the books because they're LITERALLY perfect!
>>
>>99933744
>why YA failed
It has not though. It's begging the question where you're forcing us to assume it did. Same argument pops when we're arguing if these characters and stories are new.
>>
>>99933821
Exactly dumbass.
>>
>>99933888
You sure are defensive.
>>
>>99933928
Okay then it's "is YA a failure?", still not what you diverted it to.
>>
>>99933989
Seriously? Fucking really? You move to pure ad homenim to defend your precious Emo faggot's line and then call someone else defensive? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>99933888
See>>99929304
>>99929317
>>99929378
>>
>>99934051
Okay no see the absolutely abysmal sales to refute that lol. Or do 6 billion people all agree with those anons?
>>
>>99933798
Lol, that implies I'm trolling. The people I'm speaking to know. And that's all that matters.

Xs and Os.
>>
>>99934008
It's totally within Topic though.
>person said that YA failed because it focused on niche/obscure characters but companies need to instead focus on new IP's
>>99929964
>person B said that YA could easily be considered as such.
>>99930016
>someone argues no
>>99930226
Then we have this.
>>99931271
>>99931297
>>99931554
>ignoring Looma is new
>>
>>99934083
>abysmal sale figures
Something you fail to provide.
>>
>>99932872
hahahaha this post
you must be a real treat in real life
you are such a looooooser
>>
>>99934230
No that's not on topic. That's you disagreeing and refusing to accept that disagreement and focusing on that instead of the original post.

You have people giving what they see as reasoning and others telling them their wrong mixed with people saying it isn't even failing.

The topic is why is it failing. Anybody disagreeing that it is indeed failing is off topic. Anybody talking about tertiary and derivative characters being new IPs is off topic (and literally legally wrong. Derivatives and tertiary character creators have to give credit to the OG creator)
>>
>>99934324
I wont refute that. I am. I also don't have many friends otherwise I wouldn't be wasting so much time here.
>>
>>99934361
>saying it isn't even failing
Because we have no reason to think it is.
>>
>>99934361
>The topic is why is it failing
Something no one has able to prove and only saying so based off assumptions.
>>
>>99934433
I and others disagree.
>>
>>99934455
>>99934433
So say that and fuck off. Why would anyone not paid to post sit around in a thread that they disagree with just to shit it up?

You don't think it's failing, cool. So then you clearly have nothin to gain discussing the topic.

Stop derailing a thread you don't need to be in.
>>
>>99934456
You and other have repeatedly failed to offer anything concrete to support your claim.
>>
What even is this thread? You guys allowed yourselves to get derailed and took the b8 of a guy saying "I know why because my dad works at Nintendo but I won't tell you neh neh neh neh ha ha ha ha"

Get a fucking grip /co/
>>
>>99934051
See
>>99933019
>>99932166
>>99931990
>>99931863
>>99931716
>>99931348
>>99922526
Complaints that have nothing to do with politics, mong.
>>
>>99930476
comic books used to be about handsome white men saving and then fucking attractive women in revealing clothes since it´s very creation
something that would every single lefty and sjw want´s to censor from all form of media nowadays
>>
>>99934263
Here you go retard, just the recent ones. For the record the Shade Relaunch undersold the 5th issue of a fucking Deadman mini. If you think these are good figures you obviously know nothing about the industry
>>
>>99934958
sure buddy. keep pretending comics haven't always been political
>>
>>99935102
This is not concrete evidence
>>
File: 1476590724063.jpg (319 KB, 978x645)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>99935102
>For the record the Shade Relaunch undersold the 5th issue of a fucking Deadman mini
Ouch.

This line really could have been something special and revitalized some of the most obscure Z listers. This is just a shame really
>>
>>99935147
How was the silver age political? Or a majority of the Bronze Age? Or a majority of the Modern Age? Films started out as silent and they aren't now, when we make a silent film today we don't go "FILMS WERE ALWAYS SILENT SHITLORD"
Mind you I have no problem with political narratives in my comics if the comics are good, and frankly these things don't come off as polticized when they are written well. No one thought there was an agenda behind Midnighter and Apollo because they were organically made to be lovers. What I hate is being told I'm a bigot for hating poorly written schlock like America.
I'm not the guy you're replying to btw
>>
>>99935302
>Sales figures are not concrete evidence
>My feelings are concrete evidence

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>99935302
Wow an incredibly vague statement that means absolutely nothing about anything? Concrete evidence how? If you don't know where I got this info from then you don't deserve to be having this conversation, you're so far removed from knowing jack shit about the industry you need to just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>99935348
>How was the silver age political?
the fucking X-men were created in the silver age you moron
>>
>>99935497
Okay? Anything else? One comic makes an entire era political? Also the X-Men weren't all that political until Claremont started writing them. I bet you think Lee and Kirby made them race too.
>>
>>99935542
They were origionally an concept against bigotry. How dense are you?
>>
>>99935363
Data is not evidence.
>>
>>99935660
t. Donald Trump
>>
>>99935621
Pretty sure their first anti-bigotry story was in X-Men 14 with Bolivar Trask. The major bigotry concepts are from Claremont like the Purifiers, Senator Kelly, Col. Stryker. God Loves Man Kills in general is what cemented them in that concept.
>>
>>99935819
>>99935621
Also once again, how does one comic make an entire era political.
>>
>>99935819
How was my point wrong then? Trask is a huge part of the X-Men universe and put down a very integral part of the book
>>
>>99935844
He literally died first issue he appeared in.
Also it disproves your "originally an concept against bigotry" since it took them 14 issues to get around to get around to telling an anti bigotry story.
>>
>>99934380
maybe stop being such a cunt who needs to think he is better than others to keep from offing himself
>>
File: 1419318203376.jpg (16 KB, 250x238)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>99935660
>>
YA is shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.