[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: propane.jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
What's the best place to buy a small canister of 99% pure helium, argon, or nitrogen gas from in the United States? Already looking into Airgas, but they mostly sell larger tanks and this is reflected in their bigass delivery fee. I just need a little one. Element Scientific doesn't seem to sell those at all.
>>
Welding supply place for argon. Google the other two.
>>
>>1251995
Thank you for the non-answer. Was just looking for the name(s) of any major chain supplier that might sell smaller quantities of the shit.
>>
You might try a winemaking supply shop for small nitrogen bottles. Helium is available from party stores. I can't imagine anyone selling less than 20cf of argon.
>>
Why worry about the cost if you're killing yourself, anon?
>>
>>1252067
>You might try a winemaking supply shop for small nitrogen bottles.

probably a place like williams sonoma has those special wine bottle taps that extract the wine by replacing it with argon

like this: https://www.amazon.com/Coravin-1000-Argon-Capsules-Black/dp/B00IN38KO4/ref=pd_bxgy_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VKYTF3R7062S17E5JXHA

>>1252070
maybe he needs to cool the infrared seeker head in his surface to air missile
>>
File: 1500530142274.png (3.02 MB, 1138x1975)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>>1252070
lol, you figured it out, well done. Except you were too stupid to figure out something extremely obvious: People want to commit suicide for any number of reasons. I'm extremely poor. Factor that in.

>>1252106
Sweet, thank you.
>>
http://m.cyberweld.com/shielgascyl22.html

Total cost is under $120 filled with argon and free delivery. They take paypal, so maybe you could apply for the paypal credit card or some shit. Not like you'll have to pay it back if you're dead.
>>
>>1252177
And to follow that up, if you're actually planning suicide, you don't want to skimp on the gas. Supposedly the hangover from depriving your brain of oxygen is hell, and you don't want to run out halfway through. Might just wake up retarded instead of dead.
>>
>>1252122
Just get your lower legs ripped off in a work place accident and spend the rest of your days as a disability neet.
>>
>>1251992
You could go and pick the bottle up in person, so then no delivery fee.
>>
>>1252122
>not writing MAGA in sharpie & strolling through the hood
Son, I am disappoint
>>
Whatever happened to running a tube from the exhaust into the driver's window?
>>
>>1252206
"""Depressed""" mellenials dont own coal rollers.
>>
>>1252206
Improved car emission standards.
>>
>>1252122
Amazon, I think helium is $20ish
>>
>>1252067
party helium is usually "at least 80%" helium
>>
>>1252206
think (as said) catalytic converters put paid to that, and what with gas prices an all, OPs gonna tank out not even ded of boredom. This theory maybe also heresy and myth however, haven't tested personally and I doubt swallowing an exhaust even with CAT is a particularly healthy pastime, YMMV. Maybe get with progress - lick a Tesla charger? Enough amps in those to land you on Mars. Are you (OP) the same faggot who pops up about once a year on here asking this BTW? When so, nice to see you're keeping well, as ever, further so.
>>
>>1252122
Just jump off a bridge then you attention seeking faggot
>>
>>1252180
i see a lot of anoxic brain injury. probably end up with a trach on a ventilator. turned every 2 hours, but still ends up with stage 4 pressure ulcers on your sacrum and buttocks. can't swallow, so PEG tube. never eat again, never talk again, have a tube shoved down into your lungs to suction out crap. repeatedly put on antibiotics to treat pneumonia and sepsis from the shit that runs into your wounds every time you take a dump. on the bright side, you get to watch tv 24 hours a day, but it's probably not what you would choose to watch.
>>
>Holy shit twelve more replies

Found a way to order 30 cubic feet of nitrogen for $70 but I can't pick it up, they only deliver, so I'm basically just looking for something faster now.

>>1252177
And they won't either, but you probably can't even understand how much I value your effort regardless.

>>1252180
>>1252340
>Hyperventilate for ten or fifteen seconds to enrich system with oxygen, enabling me to hold my breath longer, then place exit bag over head
>Pull elastic strings tight and hold in place with toggle, squash air out of bag
>Fill bag with nitrogen/argon from tank, bag will contain less than two cubic feet of gas with my head inside
>Once bag is full reduce gas flow to a trickle, tank has at least 28 cubic feet of gas remaining
>Have regulator, have already calculated optimal flow for this purpose
>Brain death occurs in four to ten minutes, body death in fifteen to forty minutes

Survival and anoxic brain damage are something to be terrified of, but I think I know what I'm doing.

>>1252230
First time I've requested assistance with assembling my means of suicide, although I did ask for advice on how to start feeling better in /adv/ twice. Maybe I could learn how to disable the converter? I'll look into it.
>>
>>1251992
Airgas/praxair will have all the gases you just asked about, you'll have to either rent a cylinder or you can do what I do and buy cylinders off Craigslist and exchange them.
There's a bit of rules to that though that I don't really wanna get into, clean necks vs stamped necks, hydro testing etc etc
Google has you covered there.
Btw I prefer praxair over airgas, they just seem to be cheaper generally.
Airgas wanted like 110 to refill my 250cu ft argon tank and praxair only wanted 60.
>>
>>1252122
The problem with a small tank is you increase the risk that it's just enough gas to only kill half your brain and then you survive as a vegtable.
>>
Huff nitrous until you die of hypoxia. At least you'll feel good for a bit nigga.
Or buy an exit bag, they're dirt cheap.

I've heard helium won't kill you, but whatever.
>>
>>1251992
Just get a cheap 20 gauge H&R single shot and blow your brains out. Like $90 new.

Remember to point it at a 45ยบ upwards, towards the swirl of your hair, too high up and you blow your face off, too low and you blast out the back of your neck, either way you end up choking on your own blood until someone comes over to see what the noise was about.
>>
would propane work?
>>
CO2 concentration in the bloodstream is what causes your brain to feel the need to breathe.
Using a CO2 scrubbing chemical like quicklime as a filter you could set up a closed breathing system that would decrease in O2 while you use it.
System only has to be slightly larger than your lung capacity and within a few minutes would be virtually devoid of oxygen.
Suffocation without that nasty suffocating feeling
>>
>>1251992
Air gas hase those half sized cylinders, about 2 feet tall(they refer to them as 16s, but that might be their designation).

Baker, air gas(merged with air liquide and scotts), air products, praxair, there are quite a few more. Local welding and industrial gas suppliers who buy their stock from manufacturers pre blended or make their own blends.
>>
You just listed the only 3 inert gases on earth.
Looking to make an exit bag to check out?
Stick with nitrogen
>>
>>1252011
what else do you want a go fund me account and someone to build your death machine faggot?
No wonder you seek death you can't do shit for yourself, probably fail at suicide so mommy will buy you an x-box after all
>>
>>1252122
A rope is cheaper, and if length of the rope and the height you jump from will be big enough the death will be immediate and painless
>>
>>1252206
Modern cars burn more efficiently and don't produce enough carbon monoxide.

>>1252221
>>1252067
>>1253411
Nowadays, most helium tanks contains oxygen to prevent suicide. This trick is too well know, thank /b/.
>>
I dont get why people still fall for the exit bag meme, tie a cinderblock around your neck and jump headfirst off a huge as fuck bridge, and if youre really serious about it you wont be found and revived like a faggit.
>>
Dry dive face first off a tall structure would destroy CNS before OP could feel pain.

Otherwise the usual helium bag exit kit is way to go if you don't have industrial cylinders.

https://www.amazon.com/Balloon-Time-Helium-Tank-Balloons/dp/B004XHWCR0
>>
>>1254060
>Nowadays, most helium tanks contains oxygen to prevent suicide

would it be better to get high lift helium, or is it a bullshit up-sell? i don't know if it is and option in a tank, but i know it is an option when getting things filled
>>
the air you breather is 78% nitrogen
21% oxygen and 2% trace gas

since your fat worthless ass mostly consumes nitrogen...suck it down fuck face and leave this shit to the rest of us that want to keep fighting faggot
>>
>>1254362
80% Helium 20% Oxygen.
A mix pretty similar to breathable air.

They know about exit bags and don't supply pure helium this easily any-more. Idk if it's a law, an Amazon terms and condition for sellers, or just most party stuff company who don't want to be involved in suicides (they may be legally responsible).

>>1254437
Maybe, it sounds like it.
I'd tell you to try and report back, but if it is pure helium you won't be able to.
You could try just asking and hoping the person you have on the phone don't know about exit bags.
>>
>>1254509
Welding gas (for MIG) cannot have oxygen in it, the entire point is that it's inert to prevent metal from oxidising. 20% oxygen in the argon would render the gas completely pointless. You may as well blow air at it.
>>
>>1254513
Oxygen concentration less than 15% is enough to cause hypoxia.

>>1254440
False. Your body does not consume any significant amount of nitrogen from the air. Most of your nitrogen comes from your food.

Unless your body is out of equilibrium with the partial pressure of your environment you breathe out the same concentration of nitrogen you inhale.
>>
Notice to others purely for entertainment purposes: seriously, anoxia is not a nice way to go. That's a meme. As well as being unreliable. It is a not a warm hug from baby Jesus. There's literally no reason to make the end of a miserable life even worse.
>>
i hear argon is supposed to work, mostly like falling asleep but i don't know for sure>>1254440
>>1254440
>>9512752
>>1254520
>>1255053
>>1254513
>>
>>1251992
killing yourself?
>>
>>1252297
leaving a body in public for someone to find is the epitome of attention seeking
>>
>>1252223
party helium is almost never over 50%
There's a reason some languages call noble gases "rare"
>>
Attention all morons who say catalytic converters make it impossible to kill yourself with exhaust: youre fucking wrong

My uncle just got a steal of a deal on his new house because the previous owner killed himself in the garage. The guy had a 2001 buick lesabre, I know this because the family tried to sell it to my uncle with the house (lol) he declined. The guy didnt even use a hose leading to the drivers side window, he just ran it with the garage door closed. Theres still a slight stain on the door where the exhaust pointed, even after scrubbing it with degreaser.
>>
>>1253933
How stupid are you? It doesnt matter what gas you use as long as it prevents you from breathing oxygen. God damn, when did /diy/ become retarded?
>>
>>1256311
>Attention all morons who say catalytic converters make it impossible to kill yourself with exhaust: youre fucking wrong

piping it into the cabin while in an open field probably isn't going to kill you but in a garage eventually the engine's going to use up all the oxygen
>>
>>1256316
You'd probably be killed by CO2 poisoning. It requires a lot more CO2 than you would CO, and it isn't painless, but 10-15% CO2 is fatal if you breathe it long enough. It would at the least get to painful levels before the oxygen concentration dropped low enough to kill you.
>>
>>1256321
When you euthanize lab rats for experimentation you have to add the gas slowly so it loses consciousness before it can smell it. If you dump a rat into a tank of concentrated gas it's incredibly unpleasant for everyone involved.
Perhaps a person would be similar, I would expect if it was significantly painful there would be a large number of people who bail out after a while and we would have heard about it
>>
>>1256327
I'm talking about killing yourself with car exhaust, not inert gas asphyxiation. The pain is caused by the CO2.
>>
>>1256330
It's co2 that is used.
I'm asking might you pass out, not necessarily be dead, before the pain set in? Would you be able to escape or would your function be too impared?
I'm just saying I never heard of anyone trying to kill themselves in a car thinking it would be painless then losing their bottle when it hurt like fuck. So what's the reason?
They couldn't escape, they were already unconscious, or of course perhaps they just put up with it.
>>
>>1256365
That's because you die from carbon monoxide poisoning first. Modern cars don't produce as much carbon monoxide, but they still make just as much carbon dioxide.

If you actually tried to use up all the air in your garage by running your car and your car didn't produce enough carbon monoxide to kill you, the carbon dioxide level would give you a massive headache and you would feel like you were suffocating.

Carbon dioxide (or rather carbolic in your blood) is what makes it feel like you need to breathe. That's why you don't realise you're suffocating on an inert gas, you are free to exhale carbon dioxide, so you don't feel like you need to breathe more. You die of hypoxia.

Carbon dioxide poisons you by raising your blood acidity level too high. It causes headaches, nausea and eventually unconscious and death.

Carbon monoxide kills by binding to your red blood cells in place of oxygen preferentially making in impossible to absorb enough oxygen into your blood. Since you can still freely exhale carbon dioxide you don't feel like you're suffocating. It's similar to inert gas asphyxiation, but more difficult to reverse. Even once removed from the carbon monoxide it takes a long time to clear from your blood. The one hope for a person with fatal carbon monoxide poisoning is immediate treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.
>>
Hate to go there but something interesting I heard, which was certainly bullshit, is that anytime someone is resuscitated from no vitals medically somehow, they say it was a beautiful experience, while self-inflicted so-close-to-death with following resuscitation people say it was frightening.
MY POINT is that you may as well go full cranked and try to get killed instead of killing yourself. Not necessarily pulling a murder spree, but something like what >>1252204 said. Die by doing whatever you personally think is the most exciting and dangerous thing possible.

Just don't forget to post if you do go that route. Cheers anon, existence is where both the best things and the worst things occur.
>>
>>1253414
You don't need a gun to fire ammunition.
All the same, he would be a faggot to use a gun in this environment.

Just because he's exiting doesn't mean he should trash the place for everyone else who still has to live here.
>>
>>1256530
If you're still at the point where care about other people you should consider not killing yourself. Normies love it when people don't become an hero.

Why not choke to death on some faggot's dick of you care so much about the happiness of others.
>>
>>1256664
What is one supposed to tell the authorities when they have a cadaver in a puddle of drool after getting literally the most extreme deep throat in recorded history?
>>
>>1256785
Tell them you'll suck their dick.

Worst case scenario you can find more dicks to suck in prison.
>>
>>1254009
>death will be immediate and painless

bullshit. Or maybe when you jump head first from 2000m in a vacuum chamber.
>>
>>1256798
You misread, I'm the one receiving the hypothetical bj of death.

>>1256804
There are two type of hanging. The real one with a fall breaks your neck, death is fast. The shitty one, aka "oh crap the fall was too short, now we have to shoot the convict in the head while he's wriggling", slowly kills by strangulation.
There is also the possibility of decapitation if the fall is too long.
>>
>>1256804
2000 meters drop us more than enough to behead you, not to say about breaking the core. There are charts online relating the weight to length of the drop
>>
>>1256899
>Table of Drops

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops
>>
>>1256899
2000m is over a mile. I don't think there is a cliff of bridge this high anywhere on Earth.
>>
>>1251992
There are easier ways to kill ones self.
>>
>>1255509
Absolutely this, why waste your time on any other gas?

https://vacaero.com/information-resources/vacuum-brazing-with-dan-kay/1172-argon-can-be-lethal.html

>"When asked about any sensations they felt, or warning signs they invariably say that no warning signs occured at all. They were doing their work, and the next thing they knew they were waking-up in a bed"
>>
>>1257207
>kill ones self

Snu-snu.
>>
>>1256312
Nitrogen composes 78% of what you breathe.
Any other inert gas is inadequate.
The fool is you my friend!
>>
>>1258854
Do you have any idea what you're on about? Heliox or argox 80/20 are perfectly safe gas mixtures to breathe. The inert gas part of your breathing mixture is not physiologically important for exposure times of a few hours at 1atm pressure.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.