[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20110916-26.web_.jpg (147 KB, 640x427)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
How to make a portable usb power source for charging phones etc. I want to use double AA batteries for it. Somebody draw me up a diagram. Thanks.
>>
>>1253332

Some friendly suggestions for posting:
- First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.
- List available resources (tools, materials, budget, time, etc.)
- Try to use pictures and explain the goal, if possible
- Be patient, this is a slow board; your thread will be around for days.
- Share your results! /diy/ loves to see problems solved and projects completed!
>>
>/diy/
>draw it for me
op's pic very much related
>>
>>1253333
>>1253334
It needs to be 5 volts and min 1.5A and max 5A.

Get to work fat faggots. Draw me something.
>>
File: 1506814007543.png (767 KB, 1240x1080)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>1253335
here you go. an innocent thread died for this dumpster fire of a thread.
>>
Put AA batteries in this
http://s.aliexpress.com/NBjaIbUB
>>
>>1253338
thnx
>>
File: USB boost converter.png (31 KB, 1188x602)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>1253332
I got ya senpai, this one's real easy. To keep the phone charging quickly you have to keep pressing the button, and if you think you're charging the phone too quickly you can just press the button less, so you can regulate the speed pretty easily. You could put a fuse in series with the USB load if you're worried about putting too much current through your battery, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.
>>
>>1253332
Just shove a few batteries up your shit hole and plug the phone into your piss hole
>>
>>1253350
wow nice thanks /diy/ this is exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>1253350
I don't into electronics, but something is fishy here...
>>
File: kys.png (8 KB, 776x309)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Here you go anon, have fun
>>
File: perfect.jpg (50 KB, 1469x631)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>
>>1253332
I actually got a little builder kit from radio shack that did this. came with all the pieces, just had to solder
>>
>>1253972
scratch that, it wasn't Radio Shack®, it was some place online like this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-4-x-AA-USB-Altoids-Battery/

but you can also do it with a smaller altoids tin and fewer batteries
>>
they sell 5V USB power-packs that use throw-away batteries at the dollar store. they're like $3 each. batteries not included.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diy+AA+usb+charger is the only correct answer. This thread is a travesty, except for >>1254032 (which is the first hit on Google).
>>
>>1253965
i like the optoisolated organic meatbag feedback system
>>
>>1254048
Pretty sure people didn't aim for constructive answers here.
The mains death trap might change the phone if you keep it in your pockets but it's a bit unlikely.
>>
>>1253965
Nonsense!
>>
>>1253350
It is called a hand crank boost converter
>>
>>1253332
Put 9aas in series and connect them to a 12v cigarette lighter socket and plug in a phone charger. 2 aas wont yeild anything useful.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.