[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 3453.jpg (1.23 MB, 2592x1944)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
I have a cellar included with my new flat. It looks like pic related but larger (tall ceiling), I've never had this kind of space available to me before and I was wondering what you guys would do with such a workspace.

I've interested in learning woodwork, electronics. Also, how would you guys add lighting (I'm renting).
>>
>>1255738
Looks like a space in which you store the bones of your slain enemies
>>
File: poe.jpg (93 KB, 318x445)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1255745
>>
>>1255738
If I had a nice cool cellar like that I'd be brewing beer m8.
Look for LED lighting. It's low voltage and easy to fit without having to do much drilling. You can use thick wire to act as a hanger for the lights.
>>
>>1255749
About the lighting, the basement is like two floors down from where I stay, there's no power source down there and I'm not sure I can leave a cable trailing down the stairs. I'm a noob when it comes to lighting btw
>>
>>1255755
LEDs can run quite a while off of rechargeable batteries. You would just have to build a small power bank down there and replace or recharge it every so often.
>>
>>1255771
How about a car battery and 12v LED strips? Would that work?
>>
>>1255801
that'd work like a beast - you'll want something to stop the battery voltage dropping too low and damaging it
>>
>>1255801
A deep cycle marine battery would work better. They're made for long-duration use that may deplete their charge, while car batteries are made for short bursts of hundreds of amps.
>>
>>1255810
I'm a poorfag though, don't these cost about 2x-4x as much as a car battery? Also I'm not knowledgeable on these things so advice is appreciated
>>
>>1255747
holy shit that's exactly what I thought when I saw OP's pic, except the Alan Parsons song from their album with only Poe's stories

OP don't forget about airflow, it gets musty real fast in cold cellars
>>
Nice rape dungeon.
>>
>>1255747
damn, beat me to it

I can still post this one
>>
After the lighting i'd make sure the place can be properly ventillated... You don't want any gnarly soldering fumes or fine sawdust to just swirl around there with nowhere to go.
>>
>>1255738
Only acceptable lighting solution for place like this is a single bare light bulb, coated with spider webs, and being fed by wire loosely hanging from the ceiling, so it can ominously cast shadows of a naked frightened young girl being strapped on the wooden table, while you sharpen the blades and finish last preparations for vivisection.
>>
File: almost bingo.png (249 KB, 600x600)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
OP you can stay, almost bingo. almost.
>>
File: 1439751286641.jpg (43 KB, 500x579)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1256118
Do you have a sister? Can I meat her?
>>
>>1255738

that is clearly a sex dungeon.
>>
store your dead hookers there.
>>
Grow mushrooms.
>>
This. Also car battery chemistry is horrible for this unless you just have one laying around.

AGM battery is good. 6v Trojan t105 is goat but be $200. Should be abole to get some light dremel use and lighting for a few weeks. Just toss a cord down the stairs when charging
>>
Magick Ritual Chamber for occult works that have to do with having sex with prostitutes
>>
>>1257247
YES!!!!
>>
>>1255738
an old soviet tank hiding space?

nice!
>>
Make a batcave
duh
>>
>>1255738
this shit gives me anxiety as fuck

also what happens when you bump the upper stones in? the entire thing collapses
>>
>>1255747
>>1255745

First fucking thought
>>
File: uhoh.jpg (77 KB, 1200x675)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1255738
>>
>>1256038
>except the Alan Parsons song from their album with only Poe's stories

I loved that album, and then was really disappointed in all of their other albums since they all sound exactly the same.
>>
>>1255738
Forge and enchanting table, so you can grind smithing and enchanting back to back. You can also boost speech and one handed.

>make 100 iron daggers
>enchant them with whatever
>sell them
>use profits to buy ingots and soul gems
>steal ingots and soul gems when you can
>use weapon with soul trap to fill soul gems

I like the mace of molag bal because you can get it early in game. In the quest to get it you can grind one handed, sneak and restoration easily as well.

I'm guessing you're not early in game if you already built a house with a basement though.
>>
>>1255738
Don't use electricity for illumination. Use wallmounted torches or candles. Or as a last resort, an oil lamp.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
hidden wall
>>
Without decent ventilation, it doesn't really make for a great workspace for some of the mentioned activities. A forge would not be good, and any woodworking that generated a decent amount of sawdust wouldn't be great. Even staining a large piece of furniture would probably get you high on fumes.

Brewing seems like the obvious choice.
>>
>>1255738
Start the Dark Brotherhood
>>
>>1259494
>no forge
Then he'll just have to make do with an enchanting table. He can probably get an alchemy table down there too.
>>
>>1259225

>>please someone. Those rocks above- what keeps them from falling?
>>
>>1260046
It's probably in australia, so if it falls it'll actually fall outwards towards space.
>>
>>1255749
I second this. That would make a super cosy wine/beer cellar.

Alternatively, grow mushrooms down there?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.