[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: IMG_1317.jpg (158 KB, 640x1136)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Hey guys update on the clogged toilet I still haven't dealt with it. Poured in a gallon of detergent like three days ago and it looks like it busted the clot. Scared to flush. Scared to plunge or scoop the shit out (ew what if it splashes me)
>>
For fucks sakes. Man the fuck up anon and plunge that fucker down
>>
Do it pussy
>>
>>1282131
its not going to fix itself.
>>
>>1282131
It would be a shame if you got poop on your perfectly manicured nails, you faggot
>>
>>1282131
Toilet plunger
Coat hanger

That's all you need.
>>
Why is American plumbing so shit?
>>
>>1282172
With the laundry detergent like I suggested, it kinda does fix itself...
>>
>>1282250
Because these days they always want everything fast and cheap so they use shitter pipes that are too narrow and build houses that look expensive but only last a decade or two since every part you can't see (like the plumbing) is made of bullshit.
>>
>>1282285
WRONG
product production is highly calculated. they do it because making things juuuuuust a little too shitty and undurable, (but not SO bad that you never buy it again) they can resell products over and over again
>>
File: images-41.jpg (10 KB, 299x168)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1282250
>Because they are in the shadow of the British who wrote the book on plumbing, and invented almost every single aspect of engineering during the industrial revloution.

However for some bizzare reason they aswell as the rest of the world think they can cut corners to save time and money, when in reality you just create more hassle by over engineering things costing more time and money in the long run when it goes tits up.
Whilst also complety decimating the industry of its sense of skill so they can get any old unqualified monkey with a spanner in and pay them next to peanuts!

>inb4 not that im saying were any better as the rest of the world has rubbed off on us over the years by introducing all this bollocks and us copying it be it:
>plastic push fit pipe and fittings.
>crimp fittings
>Victaulic
>Plastic drainage
>Strap on boss drilled fittings for drainage
>Plastic duct work
>and even pipe that is secured to the celing with sticky pads that have a loop for a zip tie to secure!
>>
>>1282367
>>and even pipe that is secured to the celing with sticky pads that have a loop for a zip tie to secure!

Please tell me you're kidding.
>>
>>1282250
Because everything is made to maximize profits. That means making as cheap as possible and selling for as much as possible.
>>
>>1282414
You can actually pay for better pipe and fittings, and work, but residential customer would rather buy the cheaper stuff.
>>
>>1282250
Because former president George H. W. Bush forced everyone to buy shit toilets that don't flush shit right.
>>
>>1282285
No. The plumbing code calls for pipes that are plenty big enough and modern PVC pipe lasts longer than cast iron or copper. The problem is the lowflow toilets that Dubya's dad mandated.
>>
>>1282415
Of course but that’s rarely a real option. Developers will never spend more then the bare minimum. If you actually want a decently built house you have to be directly involved in the design which is pretty rare
>>
>>1282131
POST PICTURES OF PISSBOTTLES AND SHITBAGS OP
>>
>>1282411
I wish I was but thats the reailty of "house bashing"in todays construction industry its as rough as anything and is no longer concerened about quality they only want it done quick and cheap the same can be applied to every trade and 90% of domestic side of the industry.

Hence I try and only work on industial, commerical, Nuclear and Military instailations they dont put up with any old tripe and always do things the prim and propper way; and you wont get any unqualified chancers putting wages down as its heavly regulated, and even if one were to slip through the net im sure the sight of a plant room the size of a football pitch would be enough to make them run a mile and never come back.
>>
File: toilet auger.jpg (14 KB, 450x450)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1282131
Go get an auger from walmart of $6...
>>
>>1282450
>Hence I try and only work on industial, commerical, Nuclear and Military instailations
A welder friend of mine said that he enjoys working on parts for oilrigs. There was a pipeline for a tank that had four pipes to it. One of the pipes is going to be used ONCE to pour some weight in it, the other three are spares if this one doesn't happen to work once. Sounds incredible but I can imagine what the pricetag for a nonfunctioning pipe out at sea might be so it's cheaper to build redundancy on land. It was some important weight that is absolutely crucial for the right orientation for the rig... Interesting stuff.
>>
>>1282131
just think of all the flies and other insects that bowl of putrid sepsis will attract anon. at night, they will be walking on your face and shitting in your mouth after eating out of the bowl of shit and puke. enjoy your upcoming cysts and boils in your pit of despair.
>>
>too dumb to unclog it
>too dumb to find the old thread
Just stick your fucking head inside it you worthless sack of shit.
>>
>>1282459
This
Once I made a butt-plug out of a potato and tried to flush it down the toilet.
This was the only thing that saved me.
>>
>>1283011
wat
>>
>>1282250
as with most things americans are typically too stupid to know better
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>1283011
>>
>>1282131
Ur a fan u no. Pussy what a viniga. Man up and grab that shit by the pussy.... fag
>>
>>1282250
>American plumbing

Try living in a country where you can't flush toilet paper down toilet.
>>
At least my own current toilet issues isn't that it's clogged. It's that I think I fucked it up in some ways more trying to fix it because I needed to replace parts inside of it. Ugh this thing is making me crazy. Fix this part and then shit over here wants to leak or start moving a bunch or this part wont screw on the water line right so I need a different part or something . Such a giant pain in the ass. At least I can kind of use it if I manually fill it but fuck this I'm taking a break.
>>
>>1282450
can recommend the pharmaceutical sector. They have money and that shows
>>
>>1283319
pajeet my son, the rain will flush the paper away
>>
>>1282430
No, the problem is amerifats gourging on mcfatty burgers and needing oversized poos. Buy some fucking lettuce you cunt
>>
>>1283393
But he was eating tuns of nuts wtf
>>
update: i havent unclogged it yet. ill get the plunger out in a few hours i guess
>>
>>1283797
when plunging don't try pushing the plunger all the way down, you just barely push it down and move it rapidly slightly up and down like fapping, not jokeing, then lift the plunger and the clog should have been broken up allowing the toilet to drain
>>
D E S I G N A T E D S H I T T I N G B A G S
>>
>>1282217
i hate people like you,
>t. maint engineer
>>
Is the pic in the OP how the toilet currently looks or has the mess gone down a bit?
>>
>>1283963
No, it looks like me
>>
>>1282131
>>
>>1283797
Reach your arm in there pussy
>>
>>1282131
Give timestamp or it's fake and gay.
>>
>>1282131
Just pick up the shit with your bare hands and throw it out the window
>>
File: 1509435288406.jpg (35 KB, 493x387)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1284586
>>
>>1284614
a friend of mine shat in the toilet then reached in and grabbed it and squished it. i know that because he sent it to the group on snapchat

i will post the toilet again shortly NO I HAVENT PLUNGED IT YET
>>
File: image.jpg (1.83 MB, 4032x3024)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
This is my diy tobacco bong btw
>>
>>1284661
> no ad blocker
Typical fucking stoner.
>>
>>1284661
Memes aside that's a nice camera and nice screen resolution
How's Pennsylvania?
>>
>>1282217
What a waste of good chicken nuggets.

>Americans
>>
File: GGTS1355-1.jpg (268 KB, 1000x1000)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Wet-vac the shit out of there and use one of these lads.
>>
>>1282131
What in the fuck is in there? Looks like you dumped buckets of sand in it.
>>
>>1282415
Do you guys not have codes there? In Canada the codes are so tight it's almost to the point of being ridiculous
>>
>>1283011
If it can plug your gaping ass, what made you think it would make it down the hole?
>>
>>1284855
Those are last-decade McDonald's-tier nugs anyways. Only fit for pig feed.
>>
>>1284661
>tobacco gravity bong

yeah fucking right
>>
>>1282367
>and even pipe that is secured to the celing with sticky pads that have a loop for a zip tie to secure!
Holy shit.
>>
>>1283382
It only rains once a year, but when it does it rains for 3 months.
>>
>>1282367
are you also scared to go on airplanes because the fairing is held on with sticky tape?

there are good plastics and adhesives you know? you can even get stronger bonds with adhesives than with TIG welding.
>>
How's the Jenk coming along?
>>
>>1282459

THIS

op is a cheapfag
>>
>>1282459
Had exact same problem the other day, and used a wire coat hanger (unraveled) which did the job.

Takes a while to mash it up enough to move.

Good luck.
>>
>>1284856
How do you clean out the wet vac?
>>
File: 220px-Dumpster-non.jpg (10 KB, 220x184)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1290800
>How do you clean out the wet vac?
>>
>>1290837
The entire vacuum?
>>
Mix acetone and atf fluid at 1:1 ratio and just drop it down the shitter.
>>
File: 3ec3d18f.jpg (37 KB, 800x800)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
help
>>
File: Grasswoman_eden.jpg (490 KB, 1280x960)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>1282217

Interesting, that also happened to be all I needed for my /diy/ abortion clinic.
>>
>>1291546
Even in the garden of Eden, the tits are fake.
>>
holy fuck this thread is still here???

well so is my toilet clog. i flushed it again, thinking the clog had busted after THREE gallons of detergent. it hadnt. it flooded the bathroom. and not only did it flood the bathroom with a flush, i broke part of the toilet and the water wouldnt shut off for like a minute and a half.

my plunger is the wrong shape for the toilet so i just threw the plunger away. coat hanger was useless. it looks like all the shit FINALLY drained today so im gonna pour hot soap in tomorrow and see if it goes down

>>1284897
i ate a lot of food. and detergent. and paper.

>>1289677
what r those that looks like a hacksaw to me
ive been shitting in bags for (3?) weeks now

anyway i turned off the water to the toilet. what should i do now
>>
>>1282131
You should have installed a Saniflo 33. That baby can cope with anything. And I do mean *anything*

Once I put in a pound of mashed-up Dundee cake, then took a look - not a trace!
>>
>>1290886
should loose any shit thats seized
>>
>>1291626
>what should i do now
post pic
clean your bathroom floor
>>
>>1282430
>The problem is the lowflow toilets that Dubya's dad mandated.

This. I only buy jet toilets now. Low-flow is no way to go.
>>
>>1291626

> 3 weeks shitting in a bag

Wtf Anon why was this better than just getting a plunger trying to sift as much as possible from the top and calling a plumber/landlord. Shitting in a bag is just as low as you can go. Could have shit at public tolite and in the shower waffle stomp that.

Jesus. Do what I do since they put in low flow tolite - flush before putting tolite paper in and if it's a really big shit flush as you go. Damn Anon.
>>
>>1291626
>holy fuck this thread is still here???
>well so is my toilet clog.

Stop pouring fucking soap into the toilet. That will not work. Soap is for grease clogs in countries where you can't get sodium hydroxide. It will do fuck-all for shit. It's the wrong tool for the job.

Go rent or buy a toilet snake. Put an electrical tape flag on it 4 feet from the end. Insert into toilet, rotate and advance the tool. Rotate and extract the tool. Stop rotating when you get to your piece of electrical tape. Repeat, in-and-out-and-in-and-out. This will break up the clog. Add water from a bucket, and watch the shit go down. Leave the snake in, so it washes the shit off the snake. Repeat until the bowl isn't nasty. Repeat some more until the snake is clean-er. Pull it out and put it in a trash bag. Go hose it off in the back yard. Then fix your fill valve and you have a fixed toilet.

If you've grown accustomed to the shit smell and don't mind working with human filth then consider taking a position as a helper for a plumber. A couple of years to learn the ropes and an exam is all you need to be a licensed plumber in some states.
>>
>>1291870

Why the electrical tape flag? What's 4 feet in?
>>
>>1291846
A pound? My consecutive shits totaled about 6 pounds.

>>1291862
okay im smoking weed in bed ill post in a few

>>1291869
if i left the house to get a plunger id have to clean the bathroom, then myself, then wash some clothes, and thatll take like 5 fucking hours and id rather just post online

>>1291870
it did work- all the shit is suddenly gone. there's some sludge in the bottom but the water is now clear.
i have lime but id rather not blow up my toilet

it appears to have resolved itself so im gonna pour in the hot soap to make sure it goes down and then clean my toilet
>>
>>1291870
Plumbers need helpers? Where do I flush my resume to?
>>
>>1291936

Wait you haven't even tried to plunger that? You would rather shit in a bag than go and buy a plunger?

I hope this isn't real and you don't post any more follow-up pictures because what the fuck is wrong with you Anon
>>
This tried has gone on to long
Beta OP should grow some balls and plunge that fucker.
if not, sage this shitty bait thread.

you wouldnt want to know what kind of shit ive dug out of toilets in my life, annoying soyboy pussy
>>
Op hasn't delivered picture. Too stoned to remember apparently
>>
>>1291601
Well spotted, cornwallfag
>>
>>1291846
Fuck off with saniflo. Seriously, absolutely utterly fuck the fuck off.

See this to understand why; http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html
>>
>>1292255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8DKDc3aVM

0:30 fag

>tries to take the 'humourous high ground' as well
>keptok
>>
>>1292324
Hah, good one, not seen that before.

That wasn't a Saniflo though, despite what he says.
>>
>>1282131
my sides when I saw this OP
try pouring some water in there with a cup or something. its suppost to go down
>>
Whut? no grenade in toilet anon pic yet.
Am disapoint.
>>
>>1282131
1. Don't flush - fill with water from shower head on hottest setting.
2. Temporarily seal the toilet with a ring of silicone caulk and a sheet of polycarbonate and put something heavy on top then flush. Japs made a disposable film version but I wouldn't trust it.
>>
Updated picture when?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qMbk5mL24
>>
>>1292532
You mean the pongtu? It's korean
>>
File: 1509082310290.jpg (19 KB, 400x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1283011
Lmao
>>
>>1291890
for that you'll need to
>couple of years to learn the ropes and an exam
plumbers secret
>>
>>1292532
dont pour hot water down a toilet
>>
>>1292996

I can't blame people who literally have a shit job keeping secrets.
>>
File: youre_a_big_antenna.gif (77 KB, 1597x1124)
77 KB
77 KB GIF
>>1282131

Update picture when?
>>
File: snerk.png (7 KB, 493x402)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1290800
>How do you clean out the wet vac?
Empty it in the toilet
>>
>>1282131
Three days ago.

Some nigger tier behavior there anon. You can avoid fixing the problem all together by just killing yourself.
>>
>>1291626
Dood, why THE FUCK would you think detergent would break up a clog In a toilet.
Do not use a plunger on a toilet clog unless you really want to fuck things up. 70% of the time all they do is pack the clog tighter.

You need to buy a toilet auger and slowly work it back and forth through the clog to get water to start carrying away bits of the clogging material.
>>
>>1291546
damn ever since i've been there i want those domes (i don't mean the fake titties) for my backyard.
>>
>>1283011
Kek happened the same to me with a green banana
>>
Still no update :(
>>
>>1282131
Anon the only thing you can do at this point is plant seeds and buy a grow light.
>>
>>1282250

Because apparently owning a toilet that is less efficient but can literally flush a pound of clay down a toilet is a bigger priority than flushing six times because I don't eat a high-fiber diet

Seriously the moment I buy a house next year I'm putting in a toilet that's strong enough to grind an actual brick into flushable dust with water pressure alone. I'm sick of taking a dump in 3 minutes and spending 15 minutes plunging and flushing the fucking 10 year old filthy toilet that has a reservoir so tiny it just spins my turd in a circle before it's empty.
>>
>>1282131
I've got a plunging tip.
Press the plunger all the way down, then instead of letting it fully reset, do really fast and short plunging thrusts.
You want maybe a total of one inch of movement.
Do it as fast as you can, don't worry there will be no splashing at all as long as you keep your thrusts short.
Think of it like how rabbits fuck. Short and fast thrusts.
>>
>>1282131
that looks fairly similar to the toilets at McDonalds
but its cleaner than McDonalds and more water
one of my brothers used to work there
one time there was this music festival a few miles away and the tirlet was seriously filled to the top with shit and mounded over the top like someone had to squat over it and not sit because the shit was already up to the top

regret not taking pictures
>>
File: druckspueler.jpg (38 KB, 327x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1282131
>>1282367
not getting the German solution
not flushing your toilet with 3 galons of water @ 70psi

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.