[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: do-mason-jar.jpg (21 KB, 350x350)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Trying to make a diy vape for weed from a mason jar and a candle.

How can I go about making a stand for the jar so the candle that will generate the heat can stay at a distance to avoid burning the herb? Also how far away from the candle flame shpuld the jar be in order to keep it at a temperature of 370°F?
>>
>>
>>1291531
Be careful anon. My brother inhaled the vapour from three marijuanas and his penis hasn't worked properly since.

Also, you're a faggot.
>>
>for weed.

Fuck right on off sonny. This is the wrong board for you.
>>
keeping the weed at 370F will be basically impossible, due to how heat transfer works and hot hot open flame is. Idk, this seems like a lot of work with a high possibility of inhaling shit you dont want to be inhaling.

Why not just get a blow torch and do hot knives? They're super fucking easy and all you need are 2 butter knives, and I think you'll get better hits than some mason jar vape thing. Another option is to go full crackhead, empty out a lightbulb and just put the weed inside and vaporize it with a light on the glass. As said, you look like a crack addict, but it does work quite well
>>
>>1291596
I am trying to keep smell down, that is kinda why i wanted to avoid combustion. Thank you for the other methods though. I really hope i did not inhale anything from the glass that i burndd with the candle.
>>
>>1291531
>Trying to make

Meth is better if you want to cobble together weird shit.
>>
>>1291906
Not gonna touch that shit. I just want some nice vaped weed to avoid dealing with the smell anon.
>>
>>1291907
Vaping doesn't get rid of the smell unless you are using concentrates. Even then the smell is just different. Exceptions are glucose and terpene extractions.
>>
>>1291917
Fuck, does it disappear quicker. I live with family and I do not want them losing it
>>
MAKE A GRAVITY BONG OUT OF YOUR TOILET, FUCKING NOOB.
>>
>>1291919
It just smells like popcorn with a hint of weed imo
Just blow it out the window and use a sploof.
A lightbulb works incredibly well, but you can buy a cheap dry herb vape for $60~ at your local headshop that will work much better, assuming you're of age.

You can really use any glass container, all you're doing is heating the miscellaneous herbs till you see a bit of vapor forming in the glass container, then inhaling. Soda or spice bottles work pretty OK.

When you want to level up, make a mini vapor bubbler
>>
>>1291531
Just order a decent dry herb vape online. Good Stealth options are a flower mate v5, and a gpen elite, but it will still make smell that can linger. But I will tell you with how I managed to blaze when I was a teen in my room

>Move bed so it is up against a window
>Figure out how to remove window screen so it can be put back in from the inside.
>At night, when everyone's asleep, lay on bed and have your head and shoulders out window, pack blankets on either side of you so you are sealed off
>Blaze out window
>wait a minute or two before going back in
>Quickly store pipe
>A bowl in a baggie, in a jar of dryer sheets will contain all smell
>Put screen back in
>All gud

I was fortunate enough to have a bed that was perfectly flush with the bottom of my window

Have fun kiddo
>>
>>1291531
Buy a Pyrex test tube of a decent size and a cork or stopper that will fit it then put two straws in the cork, put the weed inside the test tube light it up suck on one straw and enjoy
>>
>>1291592
Dense motherfucker just kys.
>>
>>1291907
>smokes weed
>wouldn't smoke meth
Your a brainwashed pussy, smoking meth isn't even shit.
>>
>>1293062
For you maybe. I avoid any hard substance that has a chance of giving you physical dependence.
>>
>>1293063
I've done over 40 different drugs and the only one I got addicted to was benzos. Self control m8, meth is something to do once a month with a friend and do some shenanigans.
>>
>>1293064
Like i said, you are way different from me. Also i really like the chill effect i get from weed. Don't need anything that will make my mind race.
>>
>>1293065
I've never had racing thoughts off meth. I just get chilled put, super alert and focused that's it. Any drug can be done safely with the right dose, a bunch of tards think it's a good idea to do a half g in a night which will definitely fuck you.
>>
>>1293066
Alright you enjoy that. I will continue being a pussy.
>>
>>1291592
Lol get a load of this faggot
>>
>>1291531
drugs are bad
>>
>>1292415
Op this is the easiest way to do it. For a sploof, get an empty prescription bottle, drill a big hole in the bottom and put a thin layer of cotton over the entire bottom, fill the rest of the bottle with activated carbon and at the end where it screws on a dryer sheet. Drill a bunch of small holes in the cap and your done. I used to smoke weed until I grew up and got a good job that tests and used that to smoke hitters in my room whenever. The carbon removes the smell the dryer sheet and cotton is to keep that shit from getting everywhere. You have to activate the carbon with water and drain it.
>>
>>1293068
But all the cool kids are doing it
>>
>>1293089
Can you reuse the carbon?
Do you have to reactivate it each time?
Does this make mustard gas?
>>
>>1293111
Trips confirm do some fuckin meth today. None of that shake and bake shit get that lab grade bust a nut looking at the shard shit
>>
>>1293114
It'll last a month or two before needing changing. It's completely safe don't worry anon. Cost like 7 dollars in the fish section at Walmart for a big jug
>>
File: 1350721833684.jpg (536 KB, 1053x3126)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>1291531
here, faggot
>>
>>1291531
Save your money, buy a PAX.
>>
> - No drugs or drug paraphernalia (See Global Rule 1). If you want to discuss something that could involve such things (e.g., carving a tobacco pipe from wood) that's fine, but make sure it's /diy/ related and doesn't involve drugs or it will result in deletion/ban.

How the actual fuck is this thread still up?
>>
>>1291922
I can see that working...
>>
If you can buy weed, you can buy a vape.
>>
>>1293441
We don't have mods
>>
>>1293441
Because global rule 1 states
> - You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.
and weed is a semi legal thing in parts of the US. But still, it shouldn't be around if the motorised fidget spinner thread got deleted.
>>
>>1293777
>motorised fidget spinner
Why? Doesnt that defeat the point?
>>
>>1291531
The jar will break due to having a concentrated point of heat expanding the glass only at one poiny and your weed will be coated in wax after falling on the candle.
Pick up a control theory book and make a propper temperature controlled vaporizer.
>>
>>1294701
Alright. I kinda wanted to delete this thread because it was kinda stupid. Also i already broke it.

I was not heating it at one specific point but i guess you were right all along.
>>
>>1291592
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1294706
>>1294701
they use wire mesh around the bottom of flasks for heating in chemistry

you should use chemistry glass for it too
>>
>>1294716
I'm not sure the heat would transfer through the plant matter properly to act as a good vaporizer though, you might have to run heated air across the plant matter.

the glass vial could act as a way to heat the air around the plant matter, but it seems like a poor solution, considering you would then need to suspend the plant matter away from the walls of the glass container for even heat.
>>
>>1294716
A glass container is a poor choice to do this, only the surface of the glass will heat up and the air passing trhough won't be heated up.
If you want to do it properly use nichrome wire to heat some air before introducing it to the jar, heating up the herbs, and exiting though another tube.

Nigger rig tier: don't use any type of control, just a battery and a button to heat up the nichrome wire.

Pro tier: use a thermocouple after the nichrome wire, put a microcontroller to do the PWM of the heating element depending on the heat. Bonus points for pressure sensors for automatic activation.
>>
>>1294732
Holy shit. You guys really thought this out. Honestly, i really wanted a diy method to vape weed to go incognito since my dad lives with me and hates weed.

So heating the air is preferable to heating the herb?
>>
>>1294755
Depends on how hot the air has to be.

You might have to cool it down before inhaling it.
>>
>>1294758
380F is fine since i need vapor not smoke.
>>
>>1294761
Then you'll have to run the air through some kind of cooling coil or something too.

It's completely doable though.
>>
>>1294693
It was for disabled children.

>>1294706
Use borosilicate or die. Also please don't make another thread, drug paraphernalia is not a suitable subject for a blue board. But a general "diy vape thread" would be fine.
>>
>>1294868
Apologies to anons here and apologies to the mods.
>>
>>1294869
Don't apologise to the mods, they're obviously not doing their job either way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.