[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: kiseru3[1].jpg (5 KB, 416x141)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
I feel like embracing the weeb and want to try making a kiseru. Problem is I can't seem to find anything on how the parts actually fit together. How would I go about making one of these?
>>
>>1292125
fuck off
>>
Why do you want a fancy crack pipe?
>>
>>1292125
I would cast it as a single straight piece of metal. Clear out pipe. fill with soap and water and freeze solid(you'll probably need dry ice or liquid nitrogen. but hey, you always wanted an excuse to get a dewar and buy liquid nitrogen). bend the bowl in place. carve two wood halves to to be epoxied around the pipe to be a grip. polish the metal and do the detail engraving on the metal.expoxy the wood on.
>>
Honestly Anon, the easiest way to pull this off would be with a lathe.

It's basically just a tube with a bowl, the wooden part is just a handle that cups around the tube.
>>
>>1292125
Opium pipe?
>>
>>1292187
>fill with soap and water and freeze solid
Doesn't sand work well enough? What about candle wax?

Getting a piece of metal pipe with enough wall thickness to do that might prove difficult, going with solid rod and drilling it out might be easier, but you might have to thread the parts together after drilling the holes unless you have a particularly long bit.
>>
>>1292248
No it stand for "originating poster". Thanks for playing though.
>>
>>1292125
If you're in the U.S., the tobacco they use is basically impossible to get.
>>
>>1292422
It's just finely chopped tobacco. OP can just get some leaves and make it himself. Perfectly legal.

>>1292236
Actually most have the metal pieces friction-fit on the tube, no glue.
>>
>>1292150
A gentleman should look good in everything he does
>>
>>1292558
Who the fuck said anything about glue?
>>
>>1292664
Everyone who thought that OP needs to put two halves of wood around a metal tube.
>>
>>1292558
>It's just finely chopped tobacco.
No, it's basically fucking hair. I guess OP could try to make it himself but importing the legit stuff isn't really possible.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.