[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/f/ - Flash

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Supported file types are: SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10240 KB.
  • Check out the 4chan Flash archive!
  • There are 176 posters in this thread.

File: nedm.swf-(56 KB, 550x400, Loop)
YTMND . . . ;_;7
>>
>>3390464
>flash is next
I'm just glad i could experience all of this.
>>
It looks like it's just down for maintenance.
>>
F
we will never forget
>>
>>3390464
F
Posting in a sticky!
>>
I've never seen a sticky on/f/ but this probably deserves it.
Goodnight sweet prince. We'll be close behind
>>
F
>>3390507
Pay Respects.swf was stickied in honor of anikis birthday last year
>>
>YTMND is down for temporary maintenance. This gives us time to optimize the database, free up unused space, deploy new features, and generally just break stuff. This should not take very long, so feel free to stick around and chat or go away. If you have any trouble accessing the site, or concerns about the direction in which your life is heading, feel free to send an email to support @ ytmnd.com (and expect to be ignored).
>>
>>3390509
Hmm.
>>
posting in epic sticky
>>
HOLY FREAKEN CRAP POSTING IN A STICKY
>>
ZOMG a sticky!!
>>
postan in an /f/ sticky in 2019
>>
BLASTING A FAT POST IN A OOEY GOOEY STICKY
>>
Wonder if we're gonna have a similar sticky when the sun finally sets on flash
>>
>>3390530
hiro will probably just quietly bin this place.
my ass is off to 22chan's /f/ when that happens.
>>
>>3390530
i dont understand this whole notion of flash dying.
will you suddenly be unable to view flashes in 2020?
>>
thanks doc
>>
>>3390534
it just marks the beginning of the end but some say it has already begun with browsers disabling flash support years ago
>>
Nothing lasts forever, gotta enjoy it while it lasts.
RIP
>>
>>3390464
Flash is not dead, Flash will never be dead.

Youtube will die before flash dies.

We grew up with Newgrounds, and while other platforms fall to their own greed, Flash will live on in the nostalgia it evokes from our hearts and the genuineness of its original content.
>>
>>3390545
that and browser extensions
>>
>>3390464
>/f/ sticky

OH SHIT
>>
F
>>
end of an era
>>
>>3390464
F
I fear the future.
>>
i dunno. sometimes flash almost feels like something outside of time, like it just goes on and on and on like an edifice of the internet. i think the way it exists is kind of too alive to be pinned down in the same way video/audio/etc is, and as long as there's internet and adobe actually opens it up and lets enthusiasts develop it (which i think is kinda inevitable), flash'll go on. rip ytmnd, though. i loved you more than i ever even knew.
>>
ZOMG my thread got a sticky!

>>3390509
It wasn't connecting earlier, glad to see it was only disconnected due to maintenance. Hopefully it comes back online soon. The last time I had checked the site, the owner hadn't seemed to have interacted in a long while; everyone assumed the worst. Hopefully archive.org already has an effort going to preserve the most important sites.
>>
Postan in a toasty /f/ sticky. Meep
>>
/f/ will never die!!
>>
TOASTING ON A STICKY ON /f/
>>
>>3390464
>YTMND
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK GUYS
>>
I'd be a fool if I didn't post in the only sticky I've seen here.

Hopefully it'll indeed come back up, as an archive or otherwise.
>>
I cried real tears today it just hit me too hard, it feels like so much of that internet is slipping away.

It doesnt go out with a bang, but with a whimper.
>>
Good luck to all posters and lurkers that view this post.
>>
Comeback ;_;
>>
Long live /f/!
>>
>rip db YTMND has suffered a catostrophic failure. Whether or not the site will ever be back is still undecided. I am actively working on data recovery, but who really knows what the future holds. Join the chat to reminisce, or if you have concerns about the direction in which your life is heading, feel free to send an email to support @ ytmnd.com (and expect to be ignored).
they didn't backup the database?
>>
Internet really is changing. Hope /f/ survives through 2020.
>>
It's over.
>>
Thank the lord it isn't fully dead.
>>
Our time here is limited, I think we forget that sometimes. Hold me /f/riends :')
>>
Well, fuck.
>>
>>3390464
Rip, that's another site from a better time gone.

Wonder how much of that part of the internet is left.
>>
MAXIMALIST
SADNESS
>>
Let's just hope we die before swf.
>>
damn
>>
I know max lost interest, but YTMND was the best
>>
>>3390545
>We grew up with Newgrounds
right on my man live long and prosper /f/

POSTAN IN THE STICKKY
>>
>>3390549
>OH SHIT
I'M SORRY
>>
You were the man dog. Rest in Peace
>>
Ya, youkoso, Bourbon House e.

Un, "mata" nanda, sumannai.

Kono Tequila wa service dakara, mazu nonde ochitsuite hoshii.
>>
>>3390464
Goodnight, sweet prince. You will always be the man in our hearts. T_TTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
RIP in peace, dog.
Another relic of the good old times gone.
>>
So cancer of past finally fail?
Nothing interesting really.
Wake up me when digg, ebaum or sa will be died.
>>
>>3390633
shut up
>>
>>3390464
shimigamidrahcir here
fuck ASSCOCKREDUX
>>
L
>>
>>3390635
Why?
I still remember how much reasonable hate those "flashing picture under music" always got in past.
>>
>>3390464
>Because I could not stop for Death
>He kindly stopped for me
F
>>
why
>>
sticky post.
>>
Where's the man now dog ;(
>>
>>3390464
sleep tight hammers
>>
>>3390648
My do-g died today :(
>>
>>3390648
In the end, we truly were the men now, dog.
>>
not like this q_q
>>
>>3390464
this had made a bad day worse, sorry to the YTMND people.
>>
I guess... not even doom music, huh?
>>
Every old internet bastion around me is falling and I don't know what's going to happen now. The internet of the 2000's is long gone. It somewhat saddens me future generations will know nothing of the independent internet, stuck behind the walled gardens of the corporate behemoths that make up 90% of the web today.

;_;
>>
>>3390672
Well SA still exists, whether it's a bastion is up for debate but it's older than most websites so I suppose you could read those old threads; hmmm . . . there's still those flash loop sites and newgrounds has all of their unblammed entries and undeleted forum threads.
It is looking pretty grim for that type of content. I hope this gets some people a motive to archive independent sites that they enjoy.
>>
This and Moonman are the only legacy
>>
Pressing F to pay respects
>>
Posting in epic sticky
It may be the end, but you'll live on within our hearts

>>3390681
F
>>
fuck this timeline
>>
>>3390464
rip all my shitty creations from 2007-2013
>>
stickying in the post
>>
OH SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?
>>
F

;_;7
>>
A sticky on /f/? This a first
>>
Sad.
>>
>>3390672
What is actually preventing anyone from creating passion-run independent content-creation sites? Sure, most people are on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. today but most of the content they share is just mad boring cookie-cutter shit that grows stale within a month or two that an independent site can do without. Really, we just need a good, original idea to base it on.

>>3390675
The copyright-slammed stuff is still on NG. The pages for them are gone but the actual content is still up.
>>
/F/
>>
>>3390464
Damn
>>
/f/

I loved the time I spent here and all the great content I got to see over and over again.

I will miss this place
>>
/f/ died 10 years ago. Proove me wrong.
>>
>>3390464
/f/
goodnight sweet prince
>>
wooooooo we go to 100!!!
>>
wait wtf
a sticky? on my /f/?
>>
posting on a sticky
>>
>>3390464
F ;_;7
>>
F
>>
>>3390722
try 15 kiddo
>>
>>3390712
>>3390718
>>3390727
/F/ indeed
>>
Luckily ArchiveTeam has archived it
https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/1128517332064772098
>>
cool
>>
>>3390464
Posting in rare /f/ sticky.
The internet of old is slowly dying around us and it saddens me. Once /f/ is gone a part of me will be gone with it. Until then carry on you magnificent bastards, and never doubt this is the best board on this damned website.
>>
/f/ sticky?
Glad I made it
I'll miss flash
>>
i am dead inside
>>
CONAN IS

sad. ;_;
>>
F
>>
>>3390787
congratulations
>>
/f/
>>
Huge F
>>
F
>>
>>3390774
I selfishly want /f/ to carry on even after Adobe stops support next year, security vulnerabilities be damned, but I know our days are limited. I at least plan on being here until the bitter fucking end.
>>
oh noez
RIP
>>
>>3390587
Honestly, would you?

I loved YTMND too, but that place can't see much traffic these days.
>>
>>3390464
YTMND, the text-only boards, and soon /f/ .
>>
F, Shine on you Crazy Diamond
>>
/f/arewell.swf
>>
>>3390808
how is it selfish to want /f/ to continue after 2020?
>>
/f/

I fondly remember all the anger there was around people posting "stupid 4chan memes" on YTMND back in the day.
YTMND will be missed, a large part of my adolescence was wasted on that website. RIP in peaces
>>
Why must it end, it hasn't even been a year since I started lurking here
Why must it end so early.
>>
Hentai flashes must live on. It's the only thing I can fap to.
>>
>>3390464
fucking F
>>
>>3390464
/F/, magnificent bastard.
>>
>>3390464
F ;_;
>>
From KYM:
>"In an email correspondence with Know Your Meme on May 16th, Goldberg revealed he had no idea the site had been down for several days and only found out after seeing news coverage about its purported shutdown. That day, a page with a "YTMND Is Down" banner graphic was placed on YTMND.com, notifying viewers that the site had "suffered a catostrophic failure" and it was uncertain if it would return (shown below)."
We coming back boys!
>>
>>3390814
not trying to rip on him but a well-known site like that without backups is a little strange. fortunately archive.org took a backup of the site in 2018 so it'll at least be preserved:
https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/1128517332064772098
he could theoretically use archive.org's backup to repopulate a new database as best as possible but i read that YTMND admin has health issues so I understand if he don't want to spend time on that, especially if those health issues are terminal (he didn't say)
>>
>>3390850
>kym
>>
>>3390464
I was late to the party, but I enjoyed it. 2017 fag who grew up with flash pays his respects.
>>
I never saw a sticky or a thread that got more replies than 60 in /f/. This is a legend, and one giant /f/ from all posters to you, YTMND!
>>
postin in an ebic sticky
>>
>>3390464
never /f/orget

something something posting in a sticky
>>
Oh wow, a sticky on /f/
i GOTTA POST
>>
toasting in epic bread

f
>>
>>3390464
RIP

based mods for making a sticke on /f/
>>
inb4 the sticky is deleted
>>
Posting in stibby theab
>>
Is /f/ the last good board on here?

MEMENTO MORI
>>
119 posters on /f/! 119!
>>
>>3390926
there are dozens of us!
>>
>>3390935
dozens!
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>3390936
ONE FLASHING MAN
>>
>>3390939
TWO FLASHING MEN
>>
I come to /f/ everyday :)
>>
/f/ is the last resort
>>
PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD'S SAKE
>>
wow
>>
>>3390850
>he didn't even know the site was down
>>
the old internet is dying, but at least /f/ and a handful of old textboards are still around, r- right?
>>
>>3390972
but for how much longer?
I think of the 2020s now, it was hard to imagine the 2010s, but we're getting closer and closer to the 20th anniversary. I can't imagine a website like 4chan going on for much longer. It really is a great website, even with all the bullshit
>>
>>3390973
4chan will at least continue for the next few years, and /f/ is unlikely to get deleted. Smaller imageboards and textboards will still be around years from now. That being said, many older sites are dying or dwindling in user base. I don't know how well things will turn out in the end, but I suspect slow decline and death.
>>
toastin in a sticky bread
>>
posting in the twilight of flash my dude
>>
/F/
inspired me
>>
RIP YTMND
It's time to close the internet.
>>
>>3390972
As long as IRC and archive.org is around, there will still be something to remember it by.
Just be quick, IRC is also slowly dying. It's losing users and servers by the day.
>>
>>3390999
Just join discord :D

f
>>
>>3390808
lol at thinking there will be any security issues on a dead board with a dead format
think people will spend time to create malware that fishes maybe 10 people on an internet forum=?
if there are even any security issues at all
opening downloaded flashes with a sandboxed projector provides basically zero risk
>>
>>3390867
>>3390577
>>3390697
>>3390729
>>3390926
wow, you guys are new
stickys are really rare, sure, but there have still been countless ones on /f/ over the decades
maybe it's hard to notice, because stickys are only visible on the reply page
the last one was the announcement of flash's death in 2017 I think
also: 100 posts? nothin personell kid, but come on zone's level. hkeygirl5 thread got like 3-400 replies, without being a sticky

>>3390925
yes, because it suffered isolation from other boards due to it being fundamentally different in nature, making the board culture go down entirely different roads of quality
>>
rip in piece
>>
the fact that he didn't realize it was even down is a sad reminder of how much time has gone by. I can't believe how much time I've been online and how many entire internet cultures have come and gone.
>>
It was a good right gentlemen. I hope to see you after this is all over.
>>
keep circulating the fucking flash drives
>>
posting in an epic sticky. Even though YTMND is allegedly dying, I still legitimately cannot see flash as a whole ever "dying", as in people stop making flashes and using them.
>>
>>3391033
that's because ytmnd was a website
and flash is a format
sure /f/ can go down, but not .swfs in general
nobody stops you from creating a new website just like ytmnd from scratch right now, no cooporation can take that from you
>>
F
>>
226 days remaining
>>
just download BlueMaxima's Flashpoint
>>
rip YTMND
DR1337-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs&t=6m10s
>>
>>3390464
F
YTMND was one of the first things got me into the whole internet memes.
>>
:(
>>
>>3391043
they sure as fuck are trying by making their webbrowsers no longer support the format in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>3391063
you can always open it in an offline player though.
>>
ree
>>
I don't hang around here often enough these days. Please don't die /f/. Be strong. YTMND's fate doesn't have to be universal.
>>
>>3390464
Immortal /f/ Sticky
>>
;_;7
>>
postan, epic bread, etc.
making myself known on this tiny ass board community as the 150th unique poster to wish ytmnd a fond farewell.

innocence is dying boyos. before youtube and facebook's malevolent monetization schemas poisoned the world, we were content to post low bitrate mp3s over shitty word art and indiscernibly over-compressed gif loops.

this is why i'll never quit u /f/
>>
first
>>
butter not posting for posterity
>>
>>3390464
never forget ;_;7
>>
>>3391081
it's been already tho
m00t may have been a faggot, but he was our faggot
m00t already lost interest and then this site quite some time ago now
the only entity caring for us now is gookmoots hottolinku coorporate conglomerate
you have already been reduced to just a datamine, it's well past that point
even infinitychan wasn't safe, pretty much straight from the beginning things took a turn into also hiroshimoot and his businesspartners favor
at some point /f/ has to go D E E P E R into some other amateur chan
it's not like we care so much about the other boards here, pretty much any chan featuring a flash board could do
maybe we should decide on this rather sooner than later
imagine, a chan just for /f/
>>
FUCK YOU fuck you And FFFUUUccckkkkkkkkkk you people. the interenet still lives. /f/ will live forever aslong as us poor faggots have an ethernet cable to suck on. so shut up and post more memes /f/aggots
>>
>>3390972
>tfw they killed the text boards on 4chan.
It wasn't fair.
>>
Goddamit
>>
rip forever!!
>>
long time /f/ lurker

f

we should post classic flashes as tribute
>>
RIP in piece
>>
>>3390777
damn it, we're not dead yet
>>
epic sticky posting
>>3391105
fuck moot for not creating /his/ sooner
>>
/f/orever
>>
RIP
The internet downward spiral is incoming.
Dark ages soon guys, its been fun ;_;
>>
we are next arnt we?
>>
>162 (now 163) unique IPs

I didn't know there were still so many of us.
>>
>>3391141
Yeah, but I'd believe if that's it
I would say there can't be more than 1000 users on /f/
>>
FIRST TIME POSTING IN /f/ STICKY!
>>
>>3390464
hulk sad
>>
>>3391142
>1000 users on /f/
HA
I doubt there's more than 60 users on this board, this thread is mostly crossboarders.
https://archive.4plebs.org/f/statistics/activity/
>>
>>3390464
>166 unique posters
More than I would have guessed.
>>
>>3390464
Posting in the only /f/ sticky ever.
>>
>>3391145
/f/ /gif/ and /h/ because I'm a filthy degenerate without interesting taste.
>>
stickies are possible in /f/?
>>
>>3391145
>that drop from 1200 posts per month to ~150 over the last 4 years
Sad.
>>
posting in sticky
>>3391153
looks like by 2020 the board will naturally die out at this pace ;_;
>>
f :(
>>
>>3391147
That's where you're wrong kiddo, there's been at least 6 in recently recorded /f/ history.
http://archive.4plebs.org/f/search/type/sticky/
i dunno how many in total it's had though
>>
And this is reply no. 200!
>>
>>3390464
nope
can't deal with this
>>
YTMND is DEAD

LANDO IS NOT
>>
/f/
>>
>>3391168
UPDATE:
INDIVIDUAL SITES ARE BACK ONLINE. DIRECTORY AND LANDING PAGE STILL DOWN

probono.ytmnd.com
>>
>>3390530
It should be a huge thing, but since all but a few nuts have forgotten about this place it will probably be lost like a fart in a jacuzzi
>>
>>3390578
I am unable to cry, I feel no emotion
>>
>>3391105
This will happen if /f/ ever gets the axe here. Like the well-loved small community that was iichan's /azu/. The only place from there that still exists, though now hosted elsewhere. I firmly believe /f/ is the sole relic of the old spirit of 4chan that will never die.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.