[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Reet lads, I'm jumping on the use sun cream every day, every season bandwagon to protect from wrinkles and shit. At the moment I put on some spf 30 stuff daily. I was thinking of changing to spf 50 instead though. Is that too harsh for every day use? I don't live in a sunny country, if that's relevant.

Also, skincare general.
>>
bumpu
>>
S
>>
C
>>
U
>>
M
>>
G
>>
A
>>
N
>>
G.
>>
POP THESE NIGGAS LIKE A WHEELIE NIGGA
>>
>>13508958
U A SILLY NIGA
>>
BLICKY GETS THE STIFFY

UGH
>>
GOT THE BLICKY UGH
>>
Moisturizing is also key.
>>
File: 1531152029383.png (157 KB, 563x542)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>13509032
YOU CAN TALK HOT ON THE INTERVIEW BOY
>>
DRUM IT HOLDS FIFTY UH
>>
THAT SHIT'S GOOFY, BOY
>>
>>13508571
>>13508574
>>13508939
>>13508941
>>13508943
>>13508946
>13508946
>>13508948
>>13508951

Samefagging this hard.
>>
Whether or not it's cloudy outside doesn't matter, OP. Sun damage is caused primarily by UV rays, which fully penetrate through clouds and cause damage to our skin cells. That being said, an SPF moisturizer is essential, but your complexion should determine the grade. Are you super pale? 50. Olive? 15-30 etc.
If you don't already, consider using a face serum in your routine or maybe a rejuvenating night cream.
>>
>>13509359
YOU CAN TALK HOT ON THE INTERNET BOY
>>
>>13510024
THAT'S THAT GOOFY SHIT, WE AINT INTO THAT BOY
>>
>>13509386
I bought link related for a serum. Where should I introduce it into my routine?

Currently it's:

AM:
Cleanse
Moisturize (with sunscreen)

PM:
Cleanse
BHA Exfoliator
Moisturize
>>
>>13510339
https://www.iherb.com/r/Cosrx-Advanced-Snail-96-Mucin-Power-Essence-3-38-fl-oz-100-ml/77208

Forgot link
>>
>>13509386
>>13510339
I’m dark af using spf 50 baby sunscreen.
>>
>>13510339
>>13510341

looks good. With face serums, you'll want to apply them twice a day, morning and night. Serums should be applied right after using your facial cleanser (or right after you get out of the shower if you wash your face in there) so that your face is still moistened. With a wet face, serums can act more efficiently and penetrate deeper into the dermis to deliver their potent ingredients. Afterwards, go ahead an apply your moisturizer. You don't have to wait for the serum to soak all the way in/dry up to use your moisturizer since they won't interact, but it is absolutely important that you use a serum BEFORE moisturizing, otherwise it won't be able to efficiently enter your skin.
>>
>>13508243
OP is silly nigga
pop him like a wheelie nigga
IN THE HOOD WITH MY BENTLEY NIGGAS N MY HOOVER NIGGAS
>>
>>13508243
SKIN CARE GENERAL
ALL YALL BITCHES SUCK ON MY GENITAL
BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY UH
>>
Retinol + vitamin c serums are fucking magical lads
>>
retinoid just makes my already dry skin even more dry and doesn't seem to help with blemishes or tone at all
>>
File: 1531361894383.jpg (9 KB, 259x194)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Niggas iffy, uh, blicky got the stiffy, uh
Got the blicky, uh, drum it holds fifty, uh
(Scum Gang!)

Pop these niggas like a wheelie nigga, you a silly nigga
In the hood with them Billy niggas, and them Hoover niggas
You run up and they shooting niggas, we ain't hooping nigga
No KB, you a loser nigga, up that Uzi nigga
On the stoop, crills in my draws, your girl on my phone
She wanna fuck but keep her clothes on, I only want the jaw
Man that's really all I use her for, I kick her out the door
I don't want her, you can keep the whore, she fiendin' for some more
In New York my niggas don't Milly Rock, my niggas money bop
Blow a case a nigga throwing shots, I run 'em off they block
Quarter milli in the stash box, I grinded for my spot
Niggas talking 'bout that cash but my bag worth a lot
I don't fuck with no old hoes, only new hoes
Put my dick in her backbone, I pass her to my bro
I don't love her that's a sad hoe, she a bad hoe
I'ma fuck her then I dash home, to the cash hoe

I'm on some rob a nigga shit, take a nigga bitch
Do the dash in the whip, count the cash in the whip
I pull up with a stick, I let that shit hit
Shout out, but I fucked that nigga bitch

Niggas iffy, uh, blicky got the stiffy, uh
Got the blicky, uh, drum it holds fifty, uh
Move milli', all my niggas on fifty, uh
Talk down, pew pew pew, you silly, uh
Hit a stain, fifty bands, all hunnids
Spinning through ya block like a pop shove-it
Shoot at me I'm shooting back, I'm getting buckets
I ain't wanna take his life but nigga, fuck it

Scum Gang
>>
>>13510872
what's 6ix9ine's skincare routine?
>>
>>13509386
What's the difference between adult and child suncreams if the spf is the same? I was going to buy an spf 50 suncream yesterday, but backed-out when I realised it was for kids.
>>
>>13511089
i'm not entirely sure but i'd wager it has something to do with the composition of adult skin vs developing skin. childrens' sunblock is also probably less harsh in terms of chemical ingredients.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDrEfpcB5Ag
>>
My partner linked me this thread. Copy pasting a post I did on another site here for proper sunscreen information.

!!! I have so much to share with you!!

First of all, remember that: UVA causes wrinkles, tanning, hyperpigmentation, sun spots UVB causes sunburns, skin cancer

Both are important! But remember, SPF is a UVB protection rating. SPF doesn't tell you how much UVA protection is in a product.

So all sunscreens with an SPF number will generally protect you from sunburns and skin cancer.

SPF 15: 93% UVB protection

SPF 30: 97% UVB protection

SPF 50: 98% UVB protection

The problem is, there's no way to know how much UVA protection is in a product if it only lists the SPF rating. Even though a product may say "broad spectrum" which refers to UVA protection, you don't know how effective it actually is at preventing the wrinkles we want to avoid!

This is where PPD ratings come in. PPD stands for Persistent Pigment Darkening and it's tested by applying a product to human skin and measuring how long it takes for the skin to darken (i.e. tan) compared to bare skin. Let's say it takes 10 minutes for bare skin to start to tan. If a product was applied and it took instead 160 minutes (2 hours 40 minutes) for the skin to tan, then the product has a PPD of 16, because it took 16 times longer for skin to darken as it normally would have.

PA+: 2-4

PA++: 4-8

PA+++: 8-16

PA++++: 16+

So you want, ideally, a sunscreen with a PPD 16 (16 or more times UVA damage resistance) and an SPF of 50 (98% UVB protection).
>>
Part 2 from above.

But you know how we're supposed to reapply sunscreen? Of course, we should anyway, but removing makeup and such isn't really possible day to day. The reason we're supposed to reapply sunscreen is because some ingredients degrade in sunlight, so the longer they're exposed to sunlight, the less effective they become. This is where we turn to photostable ingredients, ingredients that give us sun protection and don't break down with sunlight exposure.

And this is why tinosorbs are such a big deal.

There's tinosorb M and tinosorb S that are the most talked about.

Tinosorb M protects against UVA and UVB and is photostable. However, you don't see it in ingredient lists that often because it's known to have a whitecast effect. The chemical name for it you'll find on a label is methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol.

Tinosorb S protects against UVA and UVB, but it's more known for covering pretty much the entire UVA spectrum and it's photostable. Even small quantities of it in sunscreen are very effective. The chemical name for it is bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, and you indeed find that in the sunscreen I recommended above.
>>
Part 3 from above

Then we can talk about different textures of sunscreen!

I personally prefer gel type sunscreens. They feel lovely, light, hydrating, easy and dare I say a joy to use.

But in general there's:

Cream: The worst, at least American sunscreen creams. Thick, sometimes pasty, hard to spread and sometimes feels like you're tugging your skin just to spread it. You should be patting your sunscreen in anyway, but patting in creams feels like cake on my face. Thick, goopy, doesn't really disappear that well without rubbing. Did I mention thick?

Japanese creams can be pretty alright, although still too thick for my liking. I bought this because of a glowing review from Ratzilla Cosme, but while the product has great protection, the one I talked about above has exactly the same protection, also has tinosorb S, also has similar hyaluronic acid benefits, but it's a gel and it's over HALF the price. 50g for $11 ($0.22 per gram) versus 140g for $15 ($0.11 per gram)? Please.

Gel: Holds its shape when you put it on your fingers but so easily spreadable. Don't really have to worry about it drying too fast on you so you won't have to use more product than necessary to adequately cover your face. Very user friendly and just feels good on the skin. Think of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer.

Essence: Liquidy, but has some body to it. I find them easy to use, maybe dries a bit too fast for my liking because it's thinner. Think of serums, like the Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Hyaluronic Acid Lotion. If you haven't tried that, try it. The single most moisturizing thing on earth with all of its five types of hyaluronic acid.

Milk: Highly liquid, runny, think of a very runny oil. You may have to shake the bottle before using this type of sunscreen. I find it's tendency to run and drip a hassle to use.
>>
>>13511706
This is what I have. What say you?
I have sensitive skin and am prone to crying with creams I’ve tried in past.
>>
File: 20180713_132753.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x2268)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
How fucked am I? I wash and moisturize my face and I know that's not enough. What should I add to my routine
>>
>>13513176
Accutane
>>
File: andrew-loomis_255990.jpg (150 KB, 1208x1600)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>13508243
how often do you reapply sunscreen though?

Say, if I apply it at 6am before leaving. Work indoors all day, then leave at 3pm, should I reapply even if I didn't sweat or touch my face?
>>
Do cold showers really make a difference?
>>
>be me
>be glorified rent-boy trophy husband
>horrified by idea of wrinkles as face is only thing going for me
>wear factor 50 and 5star uva heavy sunscream all the time, and long sleeve shirts, hats, glasses etc
>stick to shade like some kind of vampire turkroach
>feel low and like a bitch, maybe it’s low t
>tfw doctor says I have a Vitamin D deficiency and literally prescribes sunlight
>>
>>13511774

That Equate sunscreen is perfectly fine for avoiding sunburns and skin cancer. I looked up the ingredients list on Walmart's site and as far as I can tell, its UVA and UVB protection comes from zinc. Zinc is a physical filter so it's photostable, although if you ever notice a whitecast when using this, zinc is the reason why. On the bright side, this sunscreen looks reef safe if that's important to you. The issue is that the PPD, the UVA protection, is probably pretty low. "Broad spectrum" means it has some UVA protection, although there's literally no way of telling how well it protects you from UVA damage such as tanning, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkling. You can only evaluate a product for wrinkle protection if it has published PA rating or PPD data, which Asian and European sunscreens tend to have. If you're very concerned about UVA protection for your face, your best bet at a local store is going to be La Roche-Posay's Anthelios sunscreens. They're available at target. There's no publicized PA or PPD data on them, but there was an AMA on reddit from the brand's international director and she mentioned one of their sunscreens (now discontinued) had a PPD of 26. So I feel like if you don't want to order a quality PA++++ rated Japanese sunscreen off of Amazon, La Roche-Posay would be the safest bet.
>>
>>13514232
post pics of boipucci pls.
>>
>>13514546
Thanks for reply. Is there a good baby gel sunscreen i can use?
>>
My dermatologist (who's 20-something with great skin, so I already don't trust her) told me to use benzoyl in the morn and differin at night. Bad idea?
>>
File: IMG_20180714_091217.jpg (2.01 MB, 2592x1944)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
Yo how the hell do you fix this shit
>>
I started washing my face and moisturizing every day, change my pillow every day, started eating better, and my skin is worse than ever, what gives
>>
File: 7345465.jpg (163 KB, 735x891)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>13515587
changing pillow and eating better prob dont make a difference. maybe the moisturizer is not for your skin type it can break you out
>>
>>13515560
>benzoyl
Might as well be rubbing bleach on your face desu. It’s quite harsh. See a new doctor your current one is a cunt.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.