[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images (97).jpg (27 KB, 323x456)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Why do various 1rm calculators give me different numbers?
>>
Because they use different formulas
>>
Because only some of them account for your weak mindset
>>
>>43130752
What is the best formula?
>>
>>43130839

There isn't one. 1RM calculators are never more than a rough estimate - people vary a bunch due to a shitton of factors.
>>
>>43130843
Should I be conservative and stick to ones that are a little lower in their estimate?
>>
>>43130867

That depends on what you're using the numbers for. And on how experienced you are - most more experienced lifters can guesstimate their 1RM pretty accurately based off what they've done.
>>
>>43130618
1 inch = 2.54 cm
>>
>>43130881
I want to use them for a program that requires percentage based off of 1rm
>>
>>43130909

Take the more conservative one for the first runthrough, unless you know for sure that it's way lowballing you.

And make sure you know the sort of numbers the program is basing its percentages off. Not all of them treat 'maxes' the same way.
>>
>>43130931
It's candito 6 week for reference

Thanks for the help mate
>>
>>43130909
you could always just go for a real 1 rep max
>>
>>43131115
Id be afraid id injure myself
>>
>>43130867
DESU it's probably more accurate just to guess for yourself what your max is, assuming you have multiple years of experience

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.