[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Redpill me on the burger. How is it unhealthy?It's just ground beef in a bun.
All the time it is considered junk food, what did they mean by this?
I get McDonald's loves to spray all their food with chemicals, but where does "fast food" become separated from a simple homemade patty?
>>
Did you just answer your own question?
>>
>>43130710
The red meat and cheese is high in saturated fat, bun is made with enriched wheat flour which has little nutritional value, ketchup is just corn syrup.
>>
Are you only eating a burger? Dont lie to me Anon.
>>
>>43130710
cheap burgers are filled with low quality high fat stuff since they arent that expensive

im sure there are some healthy burgers out there but none at these fast food joints
>>
>>43130727
I guess, but why is steak the ultimate food of a warrior, but hamburgers are for fatfucks
>>
>>43130710
If it fits your macros
Healthy and unhealthy don’t mean anything
Even our vegetals are sprayed with chemicals
>>
>>43130731
>saturated fats are bad

They're kind of ok. The trouble with junk food comes from the polyunsaturated fats -- the cooking oils -- the refined grains, the sugary drinks, the high cooking temperature, the preservatives, the addictive nature of the food and the shitty nutrient density.
>>
>>43130781
Because of yuropoors.
>>
>>43130781

It's a meme. Red meat is linked to cardiovascular disease because of its carnitine content. One of the worst types of meat you can eat. It's slightly higher in zinc than chicken but ridiculously low compared to most seafood like oysters.
>>
>>43130822
This anon is on the right track. Cooking oils used in most restaurants are god-fucking-awful for you.

>addictive nature of the food

Do you know, precisely, WHAT in junk food makes it "addictive"?
>>
>>43130731
>The red meat and cheese is high in saturated fat
>implying
Your brain is high in saturated fat. The sheathes of your nerves are made of saturated fat. Your hormones are made of saturated fat. The 1950's called and they want their junk 'science' back.
>>
>>43130953
Tell me about it dude. In my school when someone in the performance lab says saturated fats are bad i go and bring the bio/chem doctor and have him explain in detail why they arent bad for you and the scare around it was due to "poor research" for the lack of a better word. Seriously the fucking chemistry majors here make better nutrionist than the actual "nutritionists" because they know how this shit actually works in your body and not just reading some dr oz shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.