[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mylilsis.png (451 KB, 415x494)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
What's something you wish you knew when you started lifting, dieting, and supplementing?
>>
NEVER take creatine
>>
>>43859038
bulking is a meme
>>
>>43859043
w-why?
>>
Don't forget shoulders. Did almost 8 months of training with hardly any shoulder work.
>>
/fit/ don't know anything about fitness
>>
>>43859038
start taking creatine day 1
>>
>>43859057
I very quickly went bald and now my brothers make fun of me and I look horrible
>>
File: 430.jpg (69 KB, 699x485)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>43859080
>>43859043
>>
>>43859038
>the single most sexually attractive area to develop is shoulders
>frequency and intensity are king and queen, everything else is a peasant
>just eat a few hundred calories above TDEE, getting fat is stupid
>>
>>43859038
don't be a natty
>>
>>43859087

Ive been on creatine for 9 years no breaks and still have a full head of hair. Youd be bald anyway.

>>43859038

I wish i knew food and digestion also has fatigue and peaks but understanding it more was always my goal at the gym.
>>
That I should have hopped on gear within the first year instead of waiting 10 years like a retard
>>
no one counts the barbell and I found out the hard way when the more veteran guys at the gym asked how much I lifted and corrected my math
>>
>>43859038
Creatine gives you mad gains but fucks up your hairline. It's not bad, but I notice it.

Also do a routine you enjoy, if the gym feels like work after a month then you're doing it wrong.

Don't who lift, you have to protect those joints long term.
>>
File: 1508088125442.jpg (265 KB, 648x605)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>43859087
This happened to me earlier. After I stop taking it hair went back to normal.
>>
>>43859140
Ego lift*
>>
>diet is the most important part

Started the gym as a lanklet and worked out 5/6 days a week and made NO GAINS for a couple of years... thought one protein shake after the gym would bulk me up and that I was 'eating enough'

I'm still skinny as Fuck now but that's because I'm now depressed and never eat
>>
>>43859087
Hmm. My balding has accelerated the last few years and I've been on creatine that whole time. Gonna take a break and see what happens
>>
>>43859038
I wish I knew that if I stopped being
a pussy and actually ate more I would actually get bigger and stronger :/
>>
>>43859043
>hairlet btfo
>>
Tracking your progress in written notebook form will push you farther than you would have ever thought.
>>
>>43859384
it's also cool to be able to look back at the weights you used to lift

>lol I used to not even be able to bench 135
>>
There was a limit of how much muscle you can build in a month and dirty bulking like a pig on 4000 calories wasnt going speed it up

I thought the more you eat, the more muscle you build
>>
That you could build a lot muscle following P90X (bro split, hitting each muscle only once a week)
>>
>>43859038
>What's something you wish you knew when you started lifting, dieting, and supplementing?

I wish I knew to not listen to basically anything /fit/ has ever said.

>Starting Strength is all you need to be aesthetic, trust me bro
>don't do any core or bicep isolation, compounds work those plenty and only douchebags do biceps
>GOMAD or go home, bulking won't make you won’t get fat I promise
>you have visible abs and you're under 250 lbs? shoo shoo hungry skelly
>lol you actually count the weight of the bar? kys faggot
>>
all you need is a consistent, non powerlifter routine and enough protein each day
>>
That I'm much healthier and happier having killer cardio and going on /comfy/ 10k runs and focusing on weighted dips and pullups in the gym instead of the standard powerlifter fat lifts meme.
>>
eat more, and if you're not seeing progress, COUNT YOUR CALORIES

can't stress this enough
>>
>>43859936
you can do both scrub
>>
>>43859979
to add to this, if you are counting calories trying to make gains, and not making gains, youre not counting right
>>
1 gram of protein per lb bodyweight is unnecessary

just do 0.8g/lb and you probably won't have to waste money on protein supplements
>>
>1 month in
If you dislike chinups so much you avoid them altogether, lat pulldowns are better than nothing.

>2 years in
Incorporate aspects of percentile training like 5/3/1 into your routine.
You'll find ways to get stronger while still retaining your aesthetics.
>>
File: advice for fit.png (68 KB, 975x506)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>43859038
>>
>>43859684
>P90X
Is this a meme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIyjnyHj1mk
>>
>>43859936
No you don't. You have to choose. I'm in the Army. Too many squats make my run times suffer. Plus I'm prepping for selection. It's all endurance.
>>
>>43860179

What unit are you going for?
>>
>>43860210
SF.
>>
>>43859038
no one gives a fuck about heavy

focus on form and time under tension is safer and just as effective, if not more, in terms of aesthetic and health

being 300 lbs of muscle or fat is the same to your knees and ankles, you can't workout your bones

high-fat low carb is the best for cutting, and working out fasted is nothing to bitch about

Slipping now and then in an overall regular and serious diet workout/regimen will produce more results in the long run than excessive rigidity you can't sustain

Don't be that cunt who imposes his lifestyle on others/social gatherings. If you don't make a living off your body, eat what your girl and mom made for you, they put in some work litteraly thinking about you, show some gratitude. Even the worst food once a week can be managed if you keep portions small. Do not become a self-centered narcissist who places his six pack above his friends and family
>>
>>43860229
Lemme guess: rangers?
Have fun having no skin on the bottom of your feet by the end of rasp
>>
>>43860289
75th Ranger Regiment is not SF.... they're SOF. Glad you watched surviving the cut mr. expert.
>>
Never believe that shaving your pubic hair will cure your crab infestation
>>
>>43859038
Lifting does not cure an ugly face nor autism.
>>
>>43860289

SF in the US Army refers to a specific set of units that fall outside the standard JSOC/MARSOC Special Operations Forces.

I've interacted with a few ex-5th group SF soldiers and they're a different breed of soldier.
>>
>>43859038
Form over weight, sounds obvious I broke my back last year, could not feel anything for months and finally got a conformation it will heal. Wrong thread, but I am extremely excited. Just now getting back into jogging and light weight lifting.
>>
>>43860553
>broke my back
fuck, man
this is my greatest fear
>>
>>43860582
Technically it was due to my form, I found it was due to one leg being longer than the other/rotated. The bone itself was not effected, the disc slipped out. I did my stretches and walk a lot when I can. Just got out of the MRI/Doctor's today, good news is I will recover. I am very fortunate, there are others who not so fortunate so I want to do everything I can to make the most of it.
>>
File: 1496157987332.jpg (280 KB, 1280x839)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>43859456
>>43859384
This is the best feeling, and is what pushed me the most as a lifter. I managed to go from 175 bench to 200 in November just by pushing myself everyworkout, and keeping track. This is with only benching once a week, although it was the tail end of my noobie gains.
>>
>>43860641
>This is the best feeling, and is what pushed me the most as a lifter. I managed to go from 175 bench to 200 in November just by pushing myself everyworkout, and keeping track. This is with only benching once a week, although it was the tail end of my noobie gains.
-the best part is lifting weights that were hard and having no resistance. Feels amazing.
>>
>>43859064
funny i did the opposite, like only trained shoulders for the first couple of months
>>
youre wasting your time lifting if youre not gonna eat enough
>>
>>43860255
>You can't workout your bones
Gonna have to select Strongly Disagree on that one mate
>>
>>43859116
>For you

best area for attracting grills is butt
>>
Get your test checked routinely and bulk accordingly. +500 cal surplus isn't shit if you're an efficient machine that could be bulking on 1500. Not everyone is created/grown equal.
>>
>>43860255
>you can't workout your bones
Wolff's law you retarded motherfucker.
>>
>>43859043
>falling for the supplement jew
>>
>>43859160
w-wait one protein shake isn't enough??
>>
Don't be a fag who makes it into a science when you first start. You'll overwhelm yourself and lose your drive. Start off only wanting to learn different exercises and proper form. Fuck gains when you first start, they come anyway just because your body ain't used to it.

Eventually you'll plateau (4-5 months) and that is when you start learning the more advanced shit.

Also don't fall for any type of jew. Protein is the only thing you need. If you want try preworkout but that shit ain't for everyone. Godspeed.
>>
I wish I started with deadlifts
>>
Fucking eat.

Form is everything.

Fuck your ex's that told you they were repulsed by your body. Lift for yourself.

The alcohol isn't fun forever.

You're gonna make it.
>>
>>43859132
lmao nice troll
>>
>>43860781
>butt

tfw genes so trash I will never get a nice butt
>>
>>43860255
>eat what your girl made for you
i didn't come here to be sad
>>
>>43861397
tfw i have a fat ass butt that's mostly fat. is that a good thing??? it's fat not muscle.
>>
>>43861397
same but i will DL, straight legged DL, squat and weighted hip thrust until i am satisfied.
I will have a nice ass or die in the attempt.
>>
>>43859038
learn proper rom for each lift, how to atg squat, avoid butt wink, proper form for lunges, do more ohp, etc...
>>
>>43861441
i'm a straight male
>>
File: 1389723697801.png (21 KB, 542x602)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Don't throw away the food your parents feed you if you're still living with them

I know everyone has probably moved out of their house here by now but god damn do I regret having been a picky eater in my younger days.. so much catching up to do
>>
>>43861454
i'd rather have started out a spooky skeleton or a standard soyboy than a fatty dingdong, but it might just be that the grass is always greener.
>>
to eat at a surplus while lifting instead of thinking i'll make lean gains
would've saved me the couple of times i tried starting, got frustrated that i wasn't improving, and quit
>>
>>43861346
>Lift for yourself.
This. Motivation is 100% of working out. Why are you there? If it's for any reason beyond yourself, getting stronger, or blowing off steam you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>43859038
>mylilsis
Hmmm
>>
How to do roids properly.
>>
>>43860334
s-stop
>>
>>43860815
There are ways to improve or increase bone density, and muscle development helps with healthy joints when aging, but in the end, it's always the same story for 250-300+ guys

I've been around bodybuilders, rugbymen and doormen my whole life, and the big ones systematically develop the same joint problems, regardless of your fucking larper "law"
>>
>>43862076

Forgot (you) in >>43862076
>>
>>43860076
this
>>
>>43859038
Test your limits. Tren is the answer. Anavar give up!
>>
>>43862076
>the big ones systematically develop the same joint problems
which ones?
>>
>>43859045
>tfw you gained 30lbs in a month and then spent the next six months getting rid of it
>>
>>43859087
and on top of that your muscle will be 'watery', making you look more fat
>>
>>43862858
The stupidest fucking post I've seen.
>>
>>43861454
>not always finishing your plate
western parents everybody
>>
You gotta train abs, compounds are not enough
Fucking do calves, sets of 100
Train your neck
Get at least 100g of protons every day
>>
>>43862904
>tfw got grounded all the time as a kid for being picky as fuck

don't know if that's the reason why i eat basically anything these days but i'm glad i grew out of that phase
>>
A firm grip will improve EVERY single one of your lifts. Train forearm seriously.
>>
Become /fraud/ sooner.
Don't fall for GNC meme.
>>
>>43862928
Kids are fucking stupid now that I look back on it. It kinda enrages me to see a lot of grown-ups that have not grown this out and still act like that.
>>
I wish I knew I had winged shoulder blades before I started doing lateral raises, frontal raises and dips
>>
>>43862307
pain and swelling in knees and ankles
early osteoroposis, more due to sups/roids, but the increased load fastens the degradations
worst cases joint "grind" i don't know the medical term, but with age the amount of synovia (translating freehand from french, it's basically the lube in your joints) decreases, to the point, in extreme cases, where bone rubs on bone
Swelling and water retention, out-of this world varicose when the heart slows down and can't keep up with all that flesh real estate

>inb4 15-20 yo pups, muh that's when you're like 50, which is like basically being dead already

of course yo feel like that, I felt the same at your age, still do, and you won't "feel old" when you're 50-60, it's just the world around you tells you "you're old" and you have no choice in the matter.
It's more than doable to stay very fit well into your 60's, but past 40, lean is the name of the game
Don't feel obliged to answer with some cherrypick Instagram 80 yo bbder. I'm talking regular people, not some genetic unicorn on roids.
>>
Take it slow. Eat healthy, bulk smart. Fuck strength training if you want big arms and to look good actually pick a routine that’s meant to do that.
>>
>>43859038
Barbell > DB

Needed home gym. Had to choose between one or the other. Took DB because you could do more exercises but quickly found changing weight was near impossible.
>>
>>43863075
voila

https://www.ironmind-store.com/Big-Boy-Dumbbell-Bars153-pair/productinfo/1224/

expensive? yes

will last until your grandchildren are old? yes
>>
>>43863088
>implying wife to breed
>>
>>43862925
How did you train your neck?
>>
>>43861448
HOW THE FUCK DO I AVOID BUTTWINK
>>
>>43863155
Weighted neck flexions/extensions
>>
>>43859038
wish I started roiding earlier
>>
>>43862875
But he's right. Do you now understand how creatine works? It allows your muscles to hold more water than normally, which makes you look bloated as fuck.
>>
>>43859038
That roids will make you grow taller if manlier (better jawline, bigger dick etc.) if you take them during teenage years.
Would have started at 17 if I had known. Now it's too late to get the full benefits anymore.
>>
>>43864338
yea but who gives a fuck? they make you infertile if taken that early

what's the point of looking like superman but having the actual manhood of batgirl lol
>>
>>43864430
Not likely. Look at all the mass freak IFBB pros, almost all of them have several children that they have had during their bodybuilding careers. They got off the gear for a while to get their wives pregnant. The fertility returns if you just get off for a while and do PCT.
There is no evidence to suggest that steroids can cause permanent infertility, only temporary.
>>
>>43859746
Some memes are still in full effect I see.
>>
>>43864592
They all have daughters. Bodybuilders rarely have sons.

Fuck that shit, steroids are the male equivalent of fake tits. Pure vanity at the sake of the healthy of sexual organs. A sickness of our time.

Thank god most roidmonkeys or bimbos with tit and ass implants won't reproduce at all.
>>
>>43859075
THIS
Wish i knew this 2 years ago.
>>
>>43859384
I created a Database in PSQL for this cause iam not a filthy ape
>>
>>43860781
girls always be drooling over some man with a big ass but none of their bf or fb have it
>>
>>43864678
That's some dumb shit, you're telling me you just came up with some wacky theory that because they started taking steroids in their teens, their children are disproportionately female?
Genetics don't work like that. You just made this shit up.

>Fuck that shit, steroids are the male equivalent of fake tits.
You're that same retard from the thread earlier that said this same exact thing, aren't you.
Even though you were proven wrong.
Fake tits = surgery, fake appearance.
Steroids = literal testosterone, male hormone injected into your body, which gives you REAL muscles and makes your personality manlier.

>Pure vanity at the sake of the healthy of sexual organs.
Again, doesn't do anything permanent to your sexual organs. Only minor temporary problems that go away off cycle.

>Thank god most roidmonkeys or bimbos with tit and ass implants won't reproduce at all.
They literally do, most of them have children.

Steroids are objectively speaking one of the most significant inventions in human history. A drug that literally makes you into more of a man. If made legal and properly researched, it could be improved enough to eliminate all side effects too. The only reason they are imperfect is the irrational ban on them.
>>
>>43859038

To do SS+GOMAD
>>
>>43859118
but women like natty more
>>
>>43865053
They literally don't though. Just look at what kind of physiques women describe the most attractive: male fitness models.
100% of them have roided physiques unachievable naturally.
>>
File: 1503152409444.png (715 KB, 492x735)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>43865073
this is the kind of jacked that women like most. this is easily achievable natty (probably natty limits here)
women are disgusted by xbox-huge men
>>
>>43859057
It doesn't do anything
I'm pretty sure it's actually just chalk because all it does is make me want to puke
>>
File: u wot.png (777 KB, 684x877)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>43865126
>"Achievable natty"
>>
>>43859038
>something you wish you knew
Buy a waffle maker, make protein waffles and never drink a shake again.
>>
>>43865126
lol that body is far beyond natty limits
>>
>>43865126
take that pair of ankle socks out you faggot
>>
>43859038

1. I think the most important thing that trumps everything else is to maintain your routine, literally the most important thing that everything else rests on. If you don't do this, everything falls apart. Keep going back to the gym, do not stop, even if you are lifting grandma weights for 2reps and then leaving. It's something, it's a start. A tree begins with a seed, as long as you maintain the seed there is always potential for a tree. Imo opinion it's better to go to a gym or wherever you workout and do literally nothing or next to nothing as long as you keep going. Just make sure you are in the gym on schedule.

2. You don't need to push yourself in the gym like a self flogging monk. It doesn't have to be horrible torture. Go at your own pace, push yourself hard but always keep a positive attitude about what you are doing even if it's not as much as other people.
You will almost always just get bored with doing the same shit or doing basic weak shit and will want to challenge yourself. It can be fun and something you challenge yourself with. It's like positive torture, like a self challenge type of thing not hell on earth.

3. Never compare yourself to other people. Just compare yourself with what you would have been if you didn't do this. There will always be someone bigger, faster, better than you out there somewhere and people smaller, slower and worse. Healthy competition is about competing with yourself and being inspired by other people. You can technically compete with other people, sure, but really you should only be competing with yourself.
>>
>>43859038
Don’t forget to stretch

>inb4 stretching does nothing

Enjoy your physical therapy in a few years
>>
>>43859075
so i shouldn't force feed myself eggs?
>>
Don't fall for the meme that compound exercizes are enough for your arms.

In fact, don't do powerlifting routines all year
>>
>>43859038
Sniuffing braps helps gains.
>>
>>43860553
W-what lift were you doing?
>>
>>43859038
Squatplugs are a meme...
>>
>>43861422
If you're skinny with fat a large fat store there yes

if you're just fat; no
>>
>>43859384
Can you please get into more detail what you right down and what you keep progress of?
>>
>>43859043
>>43859087
I took creatine for 3 weeks and my hairline receded a good half-inch
never taking that chance again
>>
>>43860045
This is true. Wife is md. You just need 1,3g per kg max (If you're really working out hard and are big)
>>
>>43865305
just do compound sthen arm workouts after
>>
>>43862875
t. 3 month "lifter"
>>
>>43859038
I would like to have sex with this female.
>>
>>43865126
Yes, and that is only achievable with steroids, retard.
That body is so fucking far above natty limits, my god you're gonna be so disappointed once you realize it.
>>
>>43865041
actually roidcuck, the domination of fire is the most important invention.
>>
>>43866048
Actually nattycuck, I never said steroids are the most important invention, I said it's ONE OF the most important ones.
>nattycucks in charge of reading
Your high estro levels have destroyed your attention span so that you can't even read and comprehend a basic sentence. How sad!
>>
File: steroids-effects.jpg (259 KB, 1500x1500)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>43866249
lol you're the one with the gyno, titty boi
>>
File: roids.jpg (93 KB, 960x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
>>43859038
Two 5 chicks = a 10
>>
>>43861346
>The alcohol isn't fun forever.
So you should drink more or drink less?
>>
>>43859358
>even ironically making fun of hairlets when anyone can go bald at any time
It's like making fun of someone with cancer. Your time may come sooner than you expect. Fucked up my life when I learned there's no "safe" period for male hair-loss.
>>
>>43866295
>gyno
easy to prevent nowadays, only a retard gets gyno from steroids
>baldness
only if you're already balding, if you're not it won't do shit
>oily skin and acne
only after the test goes out of your system, when the prolactin is high because your testosterone is aromatazing into estrogen
>heart disease
only if you're abusing heavy stuff like tren and deca
>kidnees and liver
mostly fucked up because of orals, but if you're also not a retarded and don't overdose and don't drink while pinning you're fine for at least 50 years
>decrease sperm, abnormal sperm shape, shrunk testicles
HCG is a thing for almost a century
>weak immune system, anxiety, depression, rage, mania, confusion, delusion
that is mom science, its proven that higher testosterone helps you prevent and treat depression and anxiety, the others are just bullshit, if you're retarded you'll still be retarded on test
>hair growth
on woman it may be a bad thing but on man is just meh
>>
>>43866301
>impontency
testosterone is what makes a man have a high libido, if the man has three times the testosterone a high test guy has it wouldn't make sense for him to have impotency
>>
File: atrophy-post-pre.jpg (19 KB, 421x279)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>43866472
Impotency includes sterility dumb fuck. The gonads atrophy like a motherfucker on steroids because they don't have to do anything anymore. This irreversibly damages sperm.

This is l-i-t-e-r-a-l-l-y what you've done to your testicles.

Honestly, thank god you're on that garbage and will never reproduce.
>>
>>43859038
Diet >>>>>>> Exercise
>>
>>43866599
thats why 100% of the steroid users that researched a little take HcG
>>
>>43861167
it could be depending on your diet. count your calories and macros, and learn how much protein you're taking in daily
>>
>>43866664
>taking even MORE drugs to counteract the drugs you're already taking for pure vanity

dude idgaf that you're killing yourself, but take a step back and realize how much of a stupid faggot you are.

lmao, like what does your father say about you shoving needles in your ass to be man?
>>
>>43866671
What do you guys use for counting calories? Everyone seems to be using some weird android apps, but my phone is too simple.
>>
>>43866803
I don't use my phone, I prefer the website UI on my computer.
>>
>>43866998
Could you tell me its name?
>>
>>43859043
Fuck you're right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

Creatine converts testy to bad testy(dihydrotestosterone), fuuuuck that, not messing with that shit anymore.
>>
>>43867049
Cronometer is what I use, but MyFitnessPal is just as good if not better.
>>
>>43859668
Would be true if you had enough free test
>>
>>43866295
I'm not. I haven't even started roiding yet but I've done enough research to know you're full of shit. You're just insecure in yourself and hate roiders because you're jealous of their gains.
I think you should rather admire the fact that mankind has come so far we have invented a drug that can multiply your hypertrophy, that's very amazing. A step towards achieving godhood.
>>
>>43866757
>dude idgaf that you're killing yourself
You keep embarrassing yourself. You know how many people die of steroids in USA yearly? 3. THREE.
You know how many die annually from alcohol? Tens of thousands.
Cigarettes? Tens of thousands.
The kind of people who are butthurt as fuck about steroids and lie about them like you do, are the same hypocrites that drink alcohol every weekend and smoke.
>>
>>43859043
Creatine is fine, literally everyone takes it, they just want to knock you down a peg.
>>
>>43859384
>not vividly remembering with all five senses each and every rep

Yo do realize this is how you create a mind muscle connection.
>>
File: goalbody.jpg (339 KB, 1000x1500)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>43865126
that is only achievable natty in the top 5% of people with godly genetics.

Pic related can be achieved natty by everyone, and makes women wet af.

Adjust your expectations.
>>
>>43859038
Lifting dosent solve all the problems.
>>
>>43860076
>Natties need to train heavy with full ROM would have made it perfect
>>
>>43867534
Name one problem that can't be solved by lifting heavy weights
>>
>>43866325
stop getting drunk.
>>
Low carb diet is a must.
Without a low bf% all this work never really shows .

Diet as hard as you train.
>>
It doesn't really matter If you lift or not.
>>
>>43867579
....fuck u got me brah.
>>
>>43859043
I actually wish I never did creatine because it fucked up my digestive system
>>
>>43859384
This, I have an Excel sheet with all of my lifts and current weight for several months taken of a daily basis. I made zero progress, sometimes losing progress, for two years and the thing that I think did it was because after my first year I stopped taking records. I used to write it down so I could read it any time but that became a pain after a while, and without it I wasn't actively aware how how long I was stalling so it could go on for months or years without noticing. When I started taking notes again all of a sudden I got strong again.
>>
>>43865126
>easily achievable natty
no he just has top tier genetics dumbass, i doubt half the people here could reach that
>>
>>43868407
>no he just has top tier genetics dumbass
No, he roided, dumbass. He literally admitted to roiding to get that physique. And it's not even achievable natty.
>>
>>43865249
Recipe?
>>
1. If you're going to cut, just get in and get out. Do not cut for a long period of time, it'll fuck your hormones and you won't be any stronger because of it. I spent far too long cutting in my first year of lifting and would have been far less miserable if I didn't fuck it up by binging on occasion and trying to be Mr. Shredsville without building a solid base of muscle and strength first.
2. If you're going to put on muscle, just eat. I tried doing the whole lean bulk thing twice and it failed me both times; I put on weight but never gained any strength. About a month or so ago I just said "fuck it" and started eating three or four solid meals a day and training my ass off. I average somewhere around 4000 calories a day. The results are better and the entire process is far more enjoyable. I'm still progressing linearly on Stronglifts with 3X5, just squatted 235 for reps today. I'm still only 172 at 6'2" and don't plan on stopping what I'm doing until I get too fat.
3. Finally, make sure your fitness journey makes your life better, not worse. This is something I've just recently caught onto, and it's something I struggle with in other areas of my life, too. It's easy for me to forget to have fun and take pleasure in what I'm doing.
>>
>>43859038
don't do bullshit bodybuilder programs if you're a beginner. this shit's for people who are advanced and have stalled on strength gains. I was doing arnold's blueprint during my first few months and I made very minimal progress and snapped my shoulder up. Then I switched to a beginner PPL and I made way better gains in shorter time. If you're a beginner, do a linear progression routine
>>
>>43859038

made for black men
>>
>>43860609
good to hear that anon. what lift were you doing?
>pls dont be leg press
>>
>>43865126
>posting a picture of tinytrip
>natty

choose 1
>>
>>43865126

He's also like 5'2". With another person for frame of reference, this guy looks tiny.
>>
>>43859038
Start roiding instead of spending 3 years looking like shit.
>>
>>43869892
No such thing. Only humans can be men, silly chimp.
>>
>>43859038
*BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP*
>>
>>43867418
fuuuuck I hate the way laws are made

>couple of kids in high school die
>never ever ever research or develop steroids again
>>
>>43859087
Why not just shave it Q-Ball bald? Much cleaner looks some grills like rather than still having a shitty hairline.
>>
>>43859038
1. I wish I started sooner

2. I wish I had a plan when I started and kept better track. Your health is worth a cheap notebook and pencil to keep a record of your diet and exercise routine.

3. Stretch marks suck, do everything you can to prevent them, as there is no cure.
>>
File: wallpaper retro.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>43860045
I think 1g/lbs is accurate when cutting, but for bulking? Nah
>>
Suppliment water for onion water minus the water.
>>
One raw onion every day
>>
>>43872617

The cure is time, mate.

I had massive stretch marks from ballooning in weight, and then got even more after getting swole. 5 years later and they're barely visible, especially when I tan.
>>
(((((dirty bulking))))) is a lie
a good diet is key

SS should not be done for more than 6 months

A program you enjoy doing will make you want to always be at the gym

keep a consistent program or you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>43861310
>Dont make it into a science
Agree'd
>Learn different exercises and form
Agree'd
>They'll come anyway
Agree'd
>Plateau at 4-5 months
Agree'd - exact time I hit my first plateau
>Protein is all you need
Agree'd - that and proper calorie intake

Yeah this is all useful for a beginner.
>>
File: 1512186864166.jpg (89 KB, 500x690)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>43866757
>thinks he has optimal testosterone
>never gotten bloods
>goal body is twink otter mode
Ugh. Most men these days dont have a healthy test count. Nothing wrong with roiding.

>youre killing yourself

Haha how i bet you dont even know why you think that. It just happens right. People on roids just have heart attacks for no reason right? Lmao pls explain brainlet.
>>
>>43859038
Sauce?
>>
>>43866599
tfw when you are closer to left than right and don't take steroid
>>
>>43859087
Have used it many times with no impact on my hair. That said, I have really good genes when it comes to hair loss, so it might just accelerate it rather than actually cause it.

That said, my bad knee gets worse every time I use it and better every time I stop.
>>
>>43865126
this guy was on cycle
>>
File: 1510473849408.png (96 KB, 172x233)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>43859043
My hairline is fine, my gyno is gone, and I take normal shits.
Maybe you got fake creatine bro
>>
>>43860074
>5/3/1
Nice meme
>>
>>43872356
Yeah it's just an excuse used to ban something that benefits the people, and the elite want to keep you weak and submissive.
>>
>>43873803
This. Considering majority of the male population has been poisoned and has low test as a result, there is nothing wrong with fixing that with gear.
>>
File: yayys14.jpg (375 KB, 1060x1764)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>43865894
>>43870411

Thats not Tiny, thats OCB
I think he said he is natty, pictures are just good lightning. But he said he used some pills when he was on cut.
>>
>>43863020
I have a friend that will not even eat pizza with any toppings that aren't meat
At restaurants, has the lettuce and anything not meat and cheese removed from his burgers
>>
>>43865257
how dyel are you?
>>
NEVER EVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO STARTING STRENGTH
>>
>>43876316
Do you really think that ocb was natty? Looking right at that picture of him on the routine, you think that is natty?

If yes, would you like to buy a bridge in New York?
>>
>>43859038
Just one thing:

Eat more. I thought I ate enough. I didn't. It's hard to eat enough when you lift heavy with high volume 5-6 days a week.

I didn't eat enough, and when I finally started to eat a LOT, my gains and strength exploded

I thought 3000kcals for me would be enough, 3.5k, turns out it wasn't.
>>
>>43859038
One thing I wish I had done was to try and find the exercises that work for ME earlier.

What builds one guy will do nothing for another, we all have different bone lengths and muscle insertions and leverages.
For instance: pressing heavy got me very strong, I can bench 3 plates, but what made my pecs pop were light, slow cable crossovers.

What build my back were T-bar rows, and not barbell rows.

What build my shoulders were hang cleans and deadlifts. Lateral raises do nothing for me unfortunately.

My biceps have a very hard time growing, they're small and short and the brachialis robs them of work easily, so I needed to do very light incline DB curls, cause barbell curls did nothing for me and hurt my wrist.

In the end, the exercises that ended up working best for me were NOT those that most would recommend. cable crossovers, t-bar rows, hang cleans, incline db curls.

I spent YEARS "not feeling" the muscle work cause accessory muscles would rob them due to my specific leverages. You gotta find what you FEEL in the muscle you wanna work. Feel that fucker contract, struggle, and burn. Feel that lactic acid accumulate and the pain when you stretch after the set, instead of the dull ache and tiredness you feel from the other exercises that target the same muscle.
>>
>>43859132

Hahahaha
>>
>>43876316
Are you illiterate or something? I never said that's TinyTrip. I know its OCB, and OCB admitted to using steroids. And he wouldn't even have to admit, because his physique is not achievable natty.
>>
>>43860179
You only have to run it in under 13 minutes, stop being such a pussy wooah
>>
>>43861498
I've eaten til i puked then got upset cuz that meant I didn't absorb any of that
>>
File: 1394739996931.jpg (90 KB, 900x675)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>43859038
Lots of people won't reach 1/2/3/4 on SS/SL, and trying to power through on those shitty programs is basically taking the retard train to snap city
>>
>>43859043
>>43867994
>>43867219
>>43865528
>>43860819

I started taking ON micronized creation 2 weeks ago, i'm not noticing any negative or beneficial side effects
am i getting subtly pranked?
>>
>>43880190
Creatine doesn't make everyone lose their hair. Some people have no negative side effects.
that said I don't think its worth the risk (I'm this >>43865528 poster)
>>
>>43863178
Squat plug
>>
>>43863178
if you're looking up try keeping your spine neutral through your neck, might make it easier to keep your butt from hyperextending

if it's hypoextending you're either too far forward, or you're going too deep into the hole
>>
>>43859038
Recomposition is a meme. Either cut to lose fat or bulk to gain muscle.

You CAN get stronger without bulking.

Unless you don't have access to them, there's no reason not to do accessory exercises and hammer arms.

You don't HAVE to do anything. If you hate squatting then don't squat. As long as you're working all your muscles then you're fine. You're much more likely to stay on a routine if you're not dreading workouts.

Do some form of "real" cardio without a machine. Running, sprinting, swimming, jumping rope, etc. will do a million times more for your fitness than pedaling away on a cardio machine. At least in my experience.

If someone's livelihood depends on their physical appearance/performance, they're most likely on the juice.
>>
>>43859116
only right answers
>>
>>43859339
why dont u eat more..?
>>
>>43867503
Yeah. That's not how it works.
>>
>>43859038
Drinking ice tea between sets ,with added sugar , was not the right way for my 15 year old self to gain energy for that extra push
>>
>>43864678
Sour grapes are sour

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.