[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 10kondo4-blog427-v3.jpg (19 KB, 427x561)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
FAQ
Q: How do I fast?
A: Don't eat.
Q: Won't I go into starvation mode?
A: No, starvation mode is a meme. Only occurs below 8% body fat
Q: Won't I lose muscle?
A: Not if you lift while fasting. Minimal loss even if you don't lift
Q: How long will it take me to lose X pounds?
A: Enter zero for daily calories. http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
Q: Can I eat (something with calories)?
A: No. Even a 5cal piece of gum breaks your fast
Q: Can I drink 0cal black coffee or tea? Diet soft drinks?
A: Debatable. Try to break your caffine addiction
Q: So I only drink water?
A: For longer fasts, you should supplement sodium and potassium. Mix 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp potassium chloride in water and sip it throughout the day. Headache=more salts. Watery shits=more water
Q: Where do I find potassium chloride?
A: Stores have it where they keep the salt. Names include NoSalt, SaltLite, etc
Q: Do I need a multivitamin?
A: No. Only necessary for extremely long fasts
Q: How long does it take to get into ketosis?
A: Everyone's different. Just stop eating

GLOSSARY
Autophagy: When your body eats useless cells (loose skin, scar tissue, etc). One of the benefits of fasting.
Dry Fasting: Fasting without any water. Dangerous, but some say it speeds up autophagy. Don't lift.
Himalayan Pink Salt: Popular to use in snake juice because it contains trace minerals.
IF: Intermittent fasting. Shorter daily fasts of 16-22 hours.
Insulin: Hormone which regulates fat retention in the body. Spiked by eating, especially carbs. Potentially spiked by artificial sweeteners as well.
Keto: Very low or zero carb diet that limits insulin response and triggers ketosis.
Ketosis: When your body has used up all of its carbs and starts using fat for fuel.
OMAD: One meal a day.
Refeed: Ending a fast by eating something. Bone broth is often recommended for refeeds.
Snake Juice: The salt water mixture you drink to supplement electrolytes. Only needed on longer fasts.

Stop Eating.
>>
>>45632090
marie kondo so cute
>>
>>45632109
My waifu
>>
>>45632109
I wish she'd come over and clean my house, if you know what I mean. And I mean my house is a mess, I'm trying to get packed up to move, and need help.

Please....
>>
Based Marie Kondo

She’s a qt and her English-translated book is adorable but I’m not sure if i can follow through with her advice 100%

I’m not a homebody tradwife but I can appreciate her a lot
>>
>>45632154
I want the lifechanging manga of tidying up. Is that what this is from?

Also, I'm starting Keto OMAD today. Good meal recommendations?
>>
>>45632154
illustrator has this fitness thing. it looks cute but I’m sure it’s typical basic bitch momscience (jp style)
>>
Marie Kondo is the answer to people who are receptive to Peterson’s “Clean your room” advice but need more explicit instructions

Which includes me, admittedly
>>
>>45632090
Best OP and picture, absolutely based, anon.
>>
File: 1523032100469(2).jpg (36 KB, 827x304)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>>45632306
The age old debate... is zero calories or zero insulin better?
>>
>>45632306
The human body is fucking amazing and also terrible holy shit.
>>
>>45632334
zero calories
insulin is fine if you arent some sort of diabetic retard who dies from basic bodily functions
>>
File: 1514862504711.jpg (81 KB, 640x480)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Binge ate the last few days. I wish I could find a hitman on le dark web to assassinate me holy fuck.
>>
>>45632373
what the fuck is that jesus christ
>>
>>45632414
Landwhale, be sure to not get too close if you want to keep a steady weight.
>>
Snakemam says skinnyfats can gain muscle while fasting. Anyone buying it? I'm DYEL, but also want to lose my gut.
>>
5 days without eating, am I really in ketosis??
>>
>>45632512
>gain muscle when fasting
>build biomass with zero calories

Yes, this sounds about right according to the laws of entropy.
>>
>>45632628
But, Anon. There are calories in your bodyfat.
>>
>>45632414
Genetics
>>
File: 1521231251051.png (175 KB, 600x600)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
I'm looking to fast for my cut. At this point I'm basically still a skinny lanklet at 6'1" 173 lbs (78 kg) but I'm early in the process. Right now I'm around 20% body fat and the most I have ever fasted is 36 hours.

Can anyone tell me what to expect going into this? Such as what the rate of fat loss will be (calculator says ~6 lbs/week) or how much strength should I expect to lose. Should I change from SS during this period? What is the effectiveness of OMAD vs. pure fasting and should I just do OMAD instead if I'll feel much better and therefore able to do it longer?
>>
File: 1522082268554.jpg (57 KB, 308x530)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Reminder to ignore tripfags.
>>
When is the best time for omad? This dude keeps popping up on youtube ads saying night time is best, but a lot of people say breakfast is beat.
>>
>>45632767
The differences between breakfast and night when it comes to OMAD are going to be insignificant when compared to the metabolic benefits one gets from fasting.

If you do better eating in the morning then eat then. Same goes for lunch, dinner, or evening. Whichever works best for you.
>>
>>45632735

Here are my results from OMAW over the last 15 days. You can see the exact point it started.

The little humps are refeed days, unfortunately I'm finding it difficult to balance out the social aspect on weekends.

Without them it would have been, linearly, a pound a day. This is starting at 220 though so for you I would expect closer to 4lbs a week.

Don't bother with OMAD or you're never truly fasting.

I've been doing this on snake juice (1L a day) but starting to think it's not needed for OMAW based on the new OP?
>>
File: WP_20160304_00_21_56_Pro.jpg (1.23 MB, 3072x1728)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
can anybody explain to me why one need salt and potassium in their water fast? I am currently doing a 5 days water fast.. just done first 24 hrs but I only drink plain water.. can I complete 5 days without salt and potassium? picnotrelated
>>
>>45632970
Potassium is an electrolyte that prevents muscle cramps. You don't really need salt/potassium/magnesium until maybe 3 days in.
>>
>>45632090
>Q: Can I eat (something with calories)?
>A: No. Even a 5cal piece of gum breaks your fast
>Q: Can I drink 0cal black coffee or tea? Diet soft drinks?
>A: Debatable. Try to break your caffine addiction

Source? Almost everything I've read says if you eat/drink less than 25 cals then it won't break the fast, pretty much all google searches I find says drinking black coffee or putting sweetners in your coffee don't break a fast.

I mean, it's literally just hot water and 100mg of caffeine, it's comparable to taking other random supplements.
>>
>>45632889
From the op:
>Headache=more salts
So drink snake juice on OMAW if you start getting headaches. If not then you're fine.
>>
>>45632889
Do you still workout?
>>
>>45632990
but I wont die from it right? I mean, if I do not consume sodium chloride and potassium chloride in my H2O?
>>
>>45633015
>Q: Can I drink 0cal black coffee or tea? Diet soft drinks?
>A: Debatable. Try to break your caffine addiction
>Debatable
Also
>Insulin: Hormone which regulates fat retention in the body. Spiked by eating, especially carbs. Potentially spiked by artificial sweeteners as well.
>Potentially
Seems like these topics are open for discussion.
>>
>>45633057
On an extended water fast, yes, you can die from it. See: Hypokalemia
>>
I just found out that all the LoSalts available at my local market contain iodine.
Is this a bad thing if I use it for a 3 day fast instead NoSalt?
>>
>>45633057
Your heart is a muscle. Heart cramps, you gonna be in trouble.
>>
>>45633057
of course not getting electrolytes can kill you, anon
>>
>>45633149
Should be fine. Potassium is what's important. Iodine and Chlorine are mostly interchangeable.
>>
Been thinking about what meal is best to have last before a fast. I think dinner is the answer because it means one less hungry night than if you start with breakfast. I say hungry because I'm already quite thin and just fasting for autophagy benefits, if you're fat you can disregard this because you probably won't be hungry. For example:
>Monday breakfast -> Thursday breakfast = 3 hungry nights
>Monday dinner -> Thursday dinner = 2 hungry nights

>>45632334
por que no los dos

>>45632373
this image makes me angry every time
>>
>>45633043

Yes, but only at half the usual weight. Strength hasn't been sapped but recovery is noticeably longer. Cardio has completely gone to shit.

Just trying to stave off atrophy and keep my gains until the bitter end.
>>
>>45632306
Increases in insulin from this don't really matter for a few reasons.
- doesn't weaken autophagy
- doesn't make insulin resistence worse
- doesn't kick you out of ketosis
>>
>>45633015
Sources are going to be conflicting about the coffee/tea thing. For instance Tim Ferris says coffee breaks a fast and has research to back it up, and Dr. Jason Fung says it doesn't and has research to back it up. Like all nutrition research, there is conflicting data everywhere you look.
>>
>>45632970
Yeah, don't worry about it too much. After 3-4 days fasting, supplement 1/2 tsp of potassium and sodium a day max(if you feel lightheaded). You do not want to overdo it. I went to the ER because I had too much potassium, and I was fasted for 5 days. I almost couldn't breathe and my heart could've failed. I also took way more than 1/2 tsp a day.
>>
>>45633182
Do artificial sweeteners lessen ketosis?
>>
Can I fulfill my sodium/potassium needs by just mixing it in a shot glass with water instead of sipping it throughout the day?
>>
>>45633224
You will shit your brains out. And electrolytes with it.
>>
>>45633224
Might puke it up, the body doesn't like massive amounts of salt all at once
>>
Are headaches normal in my first fasting? 5 days in and I've been drinking snake juice from time to time (1 tsp of himalayan pink salt and one of potassium), with some minimal purified water on the side.
>>
>>45633080
>Seems like these topics are open for discussion.
Not really, the ambiguity comes from there being so many artificial sweeteners and trying to speak to them all. Don't use them, full stop.
>>
I'm a type 1 diabetic and my doctor says fasting will fuck my shit up with insulin on board constantly. Is he right or is he just trying to steal my gains?
>>
>>45632990
>>45633209
>>45633126
>>45633156
>>45633166
Hi, so I have read about hypokalemia (cramps cause by lacks of potassium in blood cells), and salt is used to ease the user to consume water and to prevent lightheadedness (correct me if I'm wrong). For the hypokalemia, it says that it can happened too by doing prolonged fasting, may I know how long is this prolonged fasting? is 5 days long enough? should I stop at day 3?
>>
>>45633214
idk, this was in response to the sight of food.
>>
>>45633273
Fast as long as you want, man. Just be sure to get some sodium and potassium while doing it.
>>
>>45633214
they shouldn't, it's all about calories
>>
>>45633254
>fuck my shit up with insulin on board constantly
Fasting lowers basal insulin, so I dunno what he means by "on board constantly." The whole fucking thing about being type 1 is you don't make enough insulin, so it's very unlikely you have any insulin resistence at all. However fasting has been shown to regenerate the beta cells in your pancrease responsible for insulin production. So, try it at measure it and see.

You don't need to take insulin shots or medications if you're not eating food, so only take it on refeeds.
>>
>>45633254
If you were type 2 I'd say go for it, type 1 is dangerous shit since ketoacidosis could kill you. Don't take advice from a Burmese auto-erotic asphyxiation enthusiast forum when your life is on the line.
>>
>>45633249
I agree with you, but because it's still debatable, I left some ambiguity in the OP. It's obviously better for anon to not drink the diet coke, but I agree with Fung that if it helps anon not eat food or drink a real coke, it's a net positive. But of course ideally the pussy should just drop them altogether.
>>
>>45633341
If your post is summarized by, "hello. I don't fucking know anything" why post it?
>>
>>45633317
I know we have to consume sodium and potassium, I just want to know when one should stop (at what day?) if they do not have sodium and potassium while doing water fast.. sorry
>>
>>45633333

See no. I make no insulin, so I'm taking basal insulin through a pump so I don't die. I take over 40 units of insulin throughout the day as a basal and supplement food with more.
>>
>>45633352
>t. murderer
neck yourself you fat fuck
>>
>>45633358
If you dont have the salts (you should get some) then whenever you start to feel like shit, eat something. Note: being hungry and emotional is not the same as having headaches and feeling like shit
>>
>>45633362
Yeap, but similar to people who take test... your body gets lazy and stops trying. If you want to experiment cut your basal in half when you're fasting. Don't bother if you're not going to try at least 72 hours... and dry fasting is for healing. I would be very interested to see the results of a type 1 willing to experiment.
>>45633373
Nice post
>>
>>45633391
How do you fight the lethargy? I've been doing fasts since January and actually have hit my original goal, but each fast I feel more apathetic and lethargic.
>>
>>45633254
>type 1 diabetic
You absolutely should not be fasting for extended periods of time.

The problem with type 1 diabetics is their requirement for exogenous insulin. Ketoacidosis occurs because the body's cells are starving for energy so ketosis ramps up. And since energy transport into cells is fucked up, the cells don't get that energy. So ketones continue to build up. The effect of this spiral is insanely high blood sugar and ketones which is the dangerous combination.

Type 1 diabetics who fast need to keep a careful eye on BOTH glucose and ketones.

A good weight loss approach for t1d is to go very low carb to full keto. This dietary approach will require significantly more individualized and day-to-day monitoring of glucose to dose insulin.

Through the minimization of insulin you'll free up fat stores to release energy.

I cannot stress enough that this approach is much more demanding in critical thinking about dosing insulin instead of the blanket Ron Popeil approach to insulin..."inject 30 units of long acting insulin every day and forget it"
>>
>>45633454
>set it and forget it
>>
>>45633254
If you're a type 1 diabetic then your body doesn't make insulin at all. So your body will start making its own glucose, and be unable to do anything with it. This is extremely dangerous.

Fasting is great for the fat as fuck type 2 diabetics. But not for you, my friend. Diabetic ketoacidosis is potentially life threatening.
>>
>>45633333
>You don't need to take insulin shots or medications if you're not eating food
Please for the love of god shut the fuck up if you have no idea what you're talking about. Particularly in instances where actual medical harm could be the impact of your fucking ignorance.

Fat is stored as tri-glycerides. Three fatty acid molecules attached to a glycerol backbone. As fat is mobilized the fatty acid molecules are cleaved from the glycerol backbone and turned into ketones through the ketogenic pathway. The glycerol backbone that's left over goes into the gluconeogenic pathway to form glucose.
>>
>>45633362
Jesus christ, listen to your fucking doctor if you've got diabetes.
>>
>>45633542
*Unless it's type 2
>>
>>45633552
If that's the case your doctor is just gonna tell you to stop being a fat fuck, so yes you should still listen to them
>>
>>45633362
That's another thing too. So without insulin you can go into ketoacidosis potentially.

With a permanent source of insulin, you can't really fast anyway. Insulin opposes glucagon, the hormone which produces the effects of fasting.

So as long as your on this pump, even the best fast wouldn't be good for you. And without insulin, it could be dangerous. You should stick to calorie reduction imo.
>>
>>45633362
IMO generally people would say not to but as long as you monitor your BSL regularly and have some sugar on hand if you crash then you might be fine. You would likely not need to take your regular meal-time insulin dose at all.
>>
Running a 5k on ~48 hours into a dry fast, is that a terrible idea?
>>
>>45633620
on a dry fast, yeah probably.
>>
>>45633620
I run two marathons every year. a full and a half. And I only ever run them two days deep into a fast.

On top of that I do an annual bike ride across the state that averages 50-70 miles a day over 5 days. I also do this entire event in a completely fasted state and only consume a minimal amount of electrolytes during it.
>>
>>45633620
Find out and report back.
>>
>>45633620
>race
>dry fasting
no
>>
>>45633676
Not a race, just that tomorrow is one of my run days and while I usually do them water fasted, this is my first dry fast so I was thinking of doing a short run to have something down rather than nothing
>>
>>45633690
I don't want you to drop dead over this anon, but it's your life.
>>
first day of fast. should I switch to omad and have some chicken?
>>
>>45633620
Two digit iq.
>>
>>45633773
Are you fat?
>No
Are you ripped?
>Sure
>>
>>45633797
it's hard not to! really feeling it. wouldn't omad still be good?
>>
>>45633817
If you go 60 hours without eating, you will no longer feel hungry. You will understand that eating is emotional. Push through anon, you fat fuck. Nothing tastes better than having a good looking body feels.
>>
just finished first 24 hours of my fast

longest I've ever gone is 90 hours, which wasn't that bad at all

I almost passed out taking a piss that morning so I broke my fast

still trying to get my salts right
>>
how does water play into this? why would wet fast not be as beneficial as dry?

what water should I buy?
>>
>>45633984

evion water, in reality it doesn't matter if it's going to be an excuse for you to not do it

water can't keep your body hydrated by itself, your body needs salt to hold water and not fuck up your organs

the point of wet fasting is so you can do it for very extended amounts of time (easily 2 weeks if you're willing) without dying

if you try to dry fast for 2 weeks you will die

dry fasting is better for healing your body allegedly
>>
>>45633984
artisinal spring water collected by paraplegic shaolin monks from a mountain spring collected only on the vernal equinox on a leap year.
>>
File: Folder-3.jpg (27 KB, 200x200)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I was watching a video on YouTube and a doc was talking about drinking broth during fasting to deal with hunger. is it okay? I have those lil cubes that's only 5 Cal's and sure as fuck want to try.
>>
>>45634137
That's bouillon, not broth.
>>
Does toothpaste counts as breaking the fast?
>>
>>45634233
Yes.
>>
>>45634233
Are you swallowing it?
>>
>>45634227
will it fuck my fast?
>>
>>45634040
so I can do 2 weeks on snake juice?
>>
>>45634314
No.
>>
File: 1523323999801.jpg (8 KB, 264x191)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I want to see before and after pics of a guy with actual muscles at like 20% body fat cut down to 12% while maintaining lifts while doing something like OMAD/any other fasting routine. This seems like it only works for fat sedentary fucks.
>>
>start burning fat
>your breath reeks of sulphur now
>women hate you

>lost weight
>the skin remained the same extra size

Is this a part of your plan?
>>
>>45634470
Brian Flemming lost his weight on a traditional low calorie diet.
>>
File: 1490317877997.jpg (24 KB, 303x309)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>45632306
>>
>>45634509
So?
There is no difference between diets.
You lose too much weight too quickly, your skin remains flabby. This applies to fasting.
>>
>>45634538
You are absolutely fucking retarded really, if you don't know anything about fasting then stay in /fat/.
>>
Type 1 diabetic back here, thanks for making sure I don't kill myself bros. I ain't fucking with fasting.
>>
>>45634560
Son't see any pics of anons after /fast/. Guy in last thread had flabby skin.
>>
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/artificial-sweeteners-may-change-our-gut-bacteria-in-dangerous-ways/

Remember to kill your gut flora with antibiotics or else you get calories from digesting your bacteria.
>>
>>45632798
Alright cool man. Right now I've been fasting for 5 days but whenever I do go back to eating I'll probably do omad. I already was pretty much without really thinking about it. But atm I don't really have a set time for when this fast will end.
>>
>>45634040
>>45633885
hi i only have table salt now.. is it okay if i water fast with only salt, no potassium? how much per tablespoon of salt should i use per liter of water?
>>
>>45634667
No. Get potassium. In the meantime just fast with water and eat when you feel like shit. The last thing you want is Hypokalemia
>>
File: 20180405_142740.jpg (3.38 MB, 3088x3088)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
>>45634692
You niggas real? Just get good medicinal water. Also tap water has both sodium and potassium if you don't live in a shithole.
>>
File: symptoms-of-scurvy.jpg (54 KB, 950x400)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>45634692
>Hypokalemia
>after one week of drinking tap water that contains potassium

You know that you should worry about SCURVY more?

Nobody is talking about lack of vitamin C.
Retards!
>>
>>45634692
alright, will do. i live in malaysia, no money, still student, live in hostel. idk where to find potassium..

>>45634728
malaysia is shithole cause we need water filter to drink tap water.. :(
>>
>>45632090
is dry-fasting a meme? I read somewhere that 1day dry fasting = 3 days water fasting. If that's the case I rather go hungry+thirsty for 1 day than hungry for 3 days
>>
File: 29f.jpg (32 KB, 607x608)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>45632090
I'll totally believe a thread that's written by a DYEL. This must the latest science that all the plebians were chattering about
>>
>>45634797
7 days without water and you have a great chance of dying. 2 weeks without water give you 200% probability of death.
>>
>>45634814
*100%
>>
>>45634797

that's not true at all

dry fasting is purely for healing
>>
>>45634827
>dry fasting is purely for healing
Good way to kill your brain cells.
This will surely heal you from wrong thoughts.
>>
How does one low carb meal every 72 hours sound?
>>
>>45634398
Im 70 from 76 here, and increasing lifts anon
Not posting pic though, im still disgusting
>>
>>45634570
Great. Now inform yourself or go away
>>
Top bloggers recommend drinking urine during /fast/.
>>
week 3 of omad only and i still feel hungry as fuck all the time. should 5 day omad and 2 day fast from now on to stop my terrible cravings or is that just a meme? i’m lifting and doing liss, btw. i have decent self-discipline and haven’t caved yet but i just know that after a few more months of this i will
>>
>>45635067
What is your goal with fasting?
>>
>>45635067
You're eating too many carbs during your one meal. And yes, adding a 48 will help.
>>
>>45634753
Lol except scurvy takes many months with no vitamin C to develop. The majority of fasters probabaly go less than 2 weeks then have some food before starting again. Still others take vitamin supplements>>45634892
>>
>>45635108
just to lose weight. i tried cico and i’ve noticed that while i’ve still been hungry with omad, cico was terrible and the results weren’t worth it. so i figured i’d make omad my permanent diet from now on since it’s better for me
>>45635117
yeah, i’ve noticed. i just hesitated to cut out/cut down carbs out of my diet because i thought that carb lowering was bad for lifting based on the stuff i had researched
>>
>>45635224
I would try OMEOD, and if that doesn't work just do 5:2 OMAD and fasting.
>>
So what's this about water soluble vitamins? Can I just take a multivitamin during my fast?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (116 KB, 500x371)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
hey /fast/, what are you gonna do with all the money you saved from not eating?

I'm gonna upgrade my computer
>>
>>45636402
I'm gonna go to a movie and go bowling this Friday with some coworkers. Social gains + fitness gains. Also buying more link of course
>>
And here I am, sometimes just smelling sweets to stop cravings
>>
>>45632414
Some call it La Creatura, but the ancients called it El Ogro
>>
When dry fasting, how do you either know when dehydration is kicking in, or how do you combat it? I'm just about at the 2 day mark now and I dont know if I should hydrate before sleeping, or just sleep and see what happens tomorrow
>>
hi /fast/, quick question.. can I do waterfast, but eat bananas/date palms for them potassium? and add salt to my water?

if so, how much do you recommend? the quantities of banana/date palms and amount of salt to my water per liter? i drink almost 2 liter per day..

thanks
>>
File: terrysmile.gif (2.85 MB, 200x234)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
>>45636580
>can I fast, but eat
>>
>>45636402
I'm going to save to go to the dentist and have them take care of my teeth I ruined with my diet
>>
>>45636402
considered buying a Nintendo Switch but playing too many games is what got me to this position. I'll probably save it and spend it on new clothes that fit.
>>
>>45636600
aaaa just a little itty bitty bit ayy pls b0ss
>>
>>45632090
Just woke up to see a great new OP! This is a real improvement imo. Good job.
>>
>>45632306
Er, the body produces a hormone that makes you more -receptive- to insulin when it thinks it's going to get fed. It doesn't produce actual insulin - so if you don't feed it, nothing happens!
>>
>>45632970
Your muscles and your nervous system need electrolytes to function. Making sure your body has enough of them helps burn more calories because your metabolism works more efficiently.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2vPQYP0dpI
>>
>>45636796
not that anon, but how long can one fast without salt and potassium and magnesium?
>>
>drink snake juice for the first time
>heart starts beating super fucking fast

what
>>
>>45636580
No. Bananas aren't even that high in potassium when seen in relation to all the sugar they have. Eat leafy greens and avocados for potassium if you go on a keto diet, and don't eat anything when you're on a fast.
>>
>day 7
>have a stick of celery at dinner with friends
>the fucking intense stomach/gut pain

This is making me really nervous about refeeding whenever I finish this.
>>
>>45636693
Thank you. I tried to cover everything.
>>
>>45636890
Try bone broth or soup to start
>>
will my metabolism become shit cause of fasting?
>>
>>45636824
For the rest of your life :^)
>>
Are cigarettes a positive no-no during a fast?

I only smoke one or two every couple of days (ideally I shouldn’t at all, I know) and I plan to do a seven day water fast. Will I die?
>>
>>45637107
Calorie restriction actually fucks it more than fasting
>>
>>45633817
Don't puss out dude.>>45633866
>>
>>45632090
Ketosis sounds great, why not just drink ketones?
>>
>>45634043
Surprisingly cheap.
>>
So, no working out needed if I fast for 2-3weeks straight because HGH is conserving the muscle.
Is this even correct?
Or should I train maintenance, same weight and sets and reps, as regularly as possible?
>>
>>45634814
>>45634823
**300%
>>
I think if you're considering dry fasting, you better consult your doctor first or have a doctor on speed dial. I feel like there's so much more that can go wrong with it. Be safe.
>>
>>45637281
Defeats the purpose. Your body can produce them naturally. You'll just piss out the ones you do eat.
>>45637300
You don't need to workout, but it definitely helps with conserving lean mass. I've seen it recommended that you reduce the weight you're lifting, but honestly the best rule of thumb is to listen to your body. If you can still hit the same weight, go for it.
>>
did several 2-4 day fasts in 2 weeks and always felt slightly hungover on the last day before starting to eat. yesterday was the worst. it felt like i had downed half a bottle of whiskey by myself. mouth is extremely dry, feel dizzy. i thought i just had to drink more snake juice but it wasn't doing anything
then i put some salt in my hand and licked it. i couldn't taste it at all. swallowed almost a teaspoon of it and still barely tasted it.

i guess the "What I've learned"-guy was right in his salt videos. 2g salt a day isn't enough. we need more. and if it helps with insulin resistance, even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo video for people interested
>>
Tip for people:
If you're drinking snake juice you dont need to "take it easy" when you start eating food again.
skip the bone broth/whatever and eat normally.
>>
File: wow.png (639 KB, 506x649)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
>>45632373
been thinking of starting a new service where i clean out peoples houses of food
and watch them . chain their doors up and help them to fast .
i want to help fattys . throw out all their food and get them to fast .
>>
don't try fasting with low body fat you might literally die in your sleep.. i cant back it up but i tried it and gave up bc of headaches.
>>
I keep having diarrhea so I guess I'm somehow still mixing up my snake juice too strong despite being at like 1/8 of the recommended max. It's also weird that I have anything left to shit after a week without eating.
>>
Does anyone have any links to studies examining the effect of fasting on reversing type 2 diabetes? I am doing a write up on it. It would be helpful if the studies looked at the effect of fasting on HbA1c and getting people of their meds.
>>
>>45637281
Ketones are not what make you lose weight. They are a form of energy themselves that come from fat that the body uses when fasting. People measure them to make sure they are in ketosis as a marker but they do not burn energy themselves.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1523955473632.jpg (13 KB, 502x572)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>fast
>>
I failed. Wanted to do my first water fast, was on my 16th hour, they brought cookies during a coffee break.

Lunch is in an hour, so I could still try to call it a very shitty omad, but I still feel like shit about my willpower
>>
>>45638175
just start your next fast RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
I got my vitamin pills followed by pepsi light for breakfast. I feel full.
Maybe I should get some coffe to induce diarrhea.
>>
What constitutes as fasting? Just not eating anything at all? Or is it just eating considerably less than the “healthy” amount every day? Like only consuming 500 calories max a day
>>
>>45638324
Eating nothing == Fasting
Eating very little == Starving

Not eating at all is way better, because your body changes hornomially as it doesn't get chemical responses from food. Your body does a complete 180 on how it uses energy when you fast compared to eating.
>>
>30 hrs in
>no hunger
When does the hunger start?
>>
>>45638408
Is this a meme? How will I survive without eating anything? How long does a fast usually last?
>>
>>45638229
What my are you even trying to do? If it's fasting the ya blew it.
>>
>>45638522
You survive off of your body fat. You're body uses carbs for energy, if there's too much they turn it to fat for long term storage. Fasting causes your carbs to run out so your body starts eating your body fat. Fasting is only dangerous if you're 8% body fat or less.
>>
>>45638408
Bullshit.
I'm eating 300-400 kcal per day and that's also considered fasting. Not absolute fasting but fasting nonetheless.
>>
>>45638649
have fun being an african child
>>
File: 1341529269893.gif (1.63 MB, 296x248)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>45632090
>4th year dietetics student
>doing research assignment on health fads and crazes
>see this thread
>mfw
>>
>>45638649
that's not fasting, faggot.
>>
>>45638723
Then observe us eating literally nothing and being successful.
>>
finally tried fasting, went for about 65 hours. third morning I decided to scrap this, feeling very fatigued and slightly hungry.
>>
>>45638791
Good going.
Stick to it. Results are visible after around a month, both with OMAD or pure fasting.
>>
Where the fuck do you get your nutrients from if you're doing a pure fast? I understand you burn stored fat for calories but what about vitamins?
>>
>>45638779
Literally kidney damaged.
>>
>>45638830

I believe your fat stores vitamins you don't need, along with water, salts, minerals etc, though that might be broscience. I read it here.

Personally I still take a centrum multivitamin a day - just snap it in two and have it across the day.
>>
Hour 453 right now.

Still running Test/Mast/Epistane/Cardarine/SR9099, swapped the clen for Rauwolscine as I ran out and needed a break anyway.

Lots of electrolyte powder including bound phosphorous and taurine.

Flat as fuck, can't wait to see the results when I hit 520 hours.

Btw this is my first real fast, you guys need to toughen up.
>>
File: 20180417_130356.jpg (2.92 MB, 3088x3088)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>45638649
My food for today is 100g of rice, one spoon of ketchup and spices.
Around 400kcal.
Less then 500kcal is still fasting.
>>
>>45638649

Only if you're having that in one medium keto meal, otherwise constant insulin spikes and no HGH rush sure doesn't sound like fasting to me. Enjoy your long walk to skinnyfat mode while your muscles wither away.

OMAW+ or GTFO
>>
>>45638971
Shut the fuck up about insulin you brainlets. Insulin is irrelevant when there is calorie deficit!
>>
>>45638965

This is bait right?

Carbs, sugars, no fats or proteins whatsoever. Confirmed never gonna make it.
>>
>>45638981
Rice have 15 g of protein per 100g mong.
Ask China.
>>
>>45638227
Nah man, the food was too good. It was fun being here, /fast/, but I'm doomed to be a fatty forever
>>
>>45638779
Do you think you can fast for the rest of your life?(Hint: You can, just not for very long).

How is this going to change the habits and knowledge around food choices and nutrition?

Like this is literally teaching people that all food is bad and rapid weight loss is a good thing. Why am I so fucking triggered right now.
>>
0 calories bros
>>
>>45638936
Do you- do you feel okay?
>>
>>45639035
Explain to us why a period of fasting is better than moderating your calorie intake. You waltz into this fucking thread trying to discredit the idea without somethig to take its place. What are you, some postmodern neo-Marxist or somethin’?
>>
>>45637281
xD

>>45639081
Yeah, good for plugging up that diarrhoea actually
>>
>>45639035
You are completely clueless, especially your last sentence shows a total lack of understanding. If you are actually studying anything related to this, I hope you’re in your first senester.
>>
on my 6thday bro's.
i do a 7day water fast every spring
>>
>>45639102

Great, honestly. Electrolytes were probably an issue, once I started taking them 3x a day everything got better. Keen to see my results when I fill back out.

Blood pressure is in perfect range, resting heart rate is only high when taking stims - I'll be getting bloods done after to compare.

How do I come off this without tearing my stomach apart? Avocado + eggs? Soup?
>>
What routine are you guys following?

Im kinda scared of fucking up and doing too much volume.
Fullbody every 3 days?
>>
>>45639429
no, you literally have no digestive enzymes.
you start with fruit and vegetable juice, then raw fruit, then natural yoghurt, then vegetable soup/bonebroth, then longcooked legumes/rice, then eggs, then nuts and then meat.

follow that order over 4 days minumum, if you want to get your digestive enzymes back properly and working. If you go straight for things that are hard to digest such as candy or meat, it will literally not digest and rott inside your body.

also move towards smaller frequent meals towards bigger meals less often. slowly.

"Every fool can fast, but only the wise man knows how to break a fast."

G.B. Shaw, writer
>>
>>45639476
i don't lift when fasting. thats stupid. i clean my house organize shit and do light walks.
>>
>>45632090
How long do i go for when doing the first time ? 2 days ? 3 ?
>>
One more thing, is it okay to add burners into fast ?
>>
>68 hours in
>not a single gram lost
Lol
>>
>>45639538
See how long you last. It gets easier with practice, so no shame in doing even just 24 hours the first time. If you can go for 72 hours, then do it for sure.
>>
>>45639565
you start burning fat after day 3. before that it's just water weight.
>>
>>45639621
Yeah I’m not worried about it, just feels a bit weird stepping on the scale and seeing no change after no food for three days.
>>
6 days of my first fast here, lost a lot of weight very fast, I've been feeling regularly okay, just sometimes I get this weird desire of wanting to puke, I don't puke obviously (what the hell would I even puke? water) but it's just very weird, also some very minimal headaches from time to time, nothing that would instantly knock me off or anything, but they are just there, very weak headaches like I said. Otherwise I feel alright, been drinking snake juice and I think that's the only thing keeping me afloat. Keep it up, bros, we are all gonna make it.
>>
>>45639621
>You start burning fat at day 3
Nah bro
>>
File: DSC_0120.jpg (268 KB, 1600x1066)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Just drinking my sweet sweet 0 calorie coffe.
>>
fug

I'm a week in and feeling fatigued but I got shit to do tomorrow, I'm gonna refeed and start again later.
>>
>>45639714
that's when you enter ketosis, and that's when fatloss is amplified greatly. sure, you'll lose some fat before that. but it's nothing compared to what you lose after day 3.
>>
>>45639728
my man you can speed it up by burning your glycogen with cardio and lifting
>>
>>45639745
ofcourse
>>
>>45639477

Sounds good. I’ll be incorporating yoghurts, sauerkraut and pineapple at some stage during the refeed for that reason, I just wasn’t sure how to open it up so to speak.
>>
File: 20180412_215641.jpg (2.64 MB, 3088x3088)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>45640134
Fermented cucumbers are full of healthy bacteria. Try it.
>>
>>45639745
I actually feel worse if i start a long fast and dont cardio
Maybe its the carbs, maybe its just me
But is probably the carbs
>>
>>45638977

It should be illegal to be this wrong.

Fasting is all about reducing your body's levels of response rates to ghrelin (hunger) and insulin (fat storage) so you can chew through your glycogen stores and go straight to fat-burning for energy.

Or just think of it as keto without insulin spikes, giving your blood ketones and eventually drawing from glycogen.

You're literally never even getting off the starting block by drip-feeding rice and ketchup. Calorie reduction is not fasting.
>>
>>45640385
Fasting is about not giving a single fuck about your body signals and just not eating.
>>
>>45638845
>Literally kidney damaged.
imagine being this delusional
>>
>>45640207
Pickles.
>>
>>45640449
Pickles are fermented in vinegar. These are fermented in salty water with herbs and garlic.
>>
>>45640461
So...pickles
>>
>>45638936
You could just start counting days now bruh
>>
>>45632090
>No, starvation mode is a meme. Only occurs below 8% body fat
Lol.
>>
sorry guys, i break my fast today after 48 hrs of water fast.. i will prepare better for my next fast.. will buy potassium and salts and shits..
>>
>>45633333
Nice Quints!
>>
>>45640514
48 hours is still nice.
good job.
>>
File: +.png (55 KB, 617x347)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>45640507
>>
File: 19_0.jpg (146 KB, 600x379)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Is cod liver oil fine during fast?
>>
Hey /fast/, how long do you recommend I fast if I wanna get lean enough to see abs ? Will I lose a significant amount of muscle? Would I be better off with a calorie restriction?
>>
>>45638820
Nah, unless I can feel good while doing it. I was naturally on OMAD via laziness for some time while in university, didn't notice any magical effects from it either.
>>
>>45640602
I would do 5:2 or 4:3 OMAD + fasting days. Also, nice benis.
>>
>>45640602
You have the same build I do.

I fast one day per week every week. Then one or two week every 4 or 5 months I need to do two days of fasting to push my moving average down again.

In your situation there's no point going for longer fasts because it will negatively impact your training schedule. Doing just one day, or even two non consecutive days a week will get things moving for you.
>>
>tfw family is freaking out about me fasting
>>
>>45640794
>telling people
>>
>>45640528
just ate some 2 egg with 4 bread, now i want to take a shitter.. hi anon, but in those 48 hrs, do i burn any fat?
>>
File: 1495416503013.jpg (55 KB, 280x335)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>45640794
>OY VEY GOYIM CONSUME YOUR KOSHER FOODS, HOW DARE YOU IMPOSE DISCIPLINE UPON YOURSELF FOR POSITIVE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
>>
>>45637684
>chain their doors up
Good luck explaining to the po po how this ain't unlawful imprisonment / kidnapping
>>
So I've begun doing OMAD, and I am not really thirsty during the day when im not eating, so i dont drink before dinner. Anyone else with this experience, and is it ok?
>>
>>45640828
its best to break fasts with foods dense in water and easy to digest, so fruits or vegetables. i'd hit up a day on stuff like melons, berries, and peas before you go back to the very hard to digest material like animal products or grains. good job still tho mang.
regarding your question of fat burning, this guy explains it well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUsRld1K8Eo
>>
File: 1507162126522.jpg (107 KB, 500x637)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>45640794
>Tfw family is skeptical, but still supportive
>>
>>45632090
I`ve grown fat and want to loose about 15 kg, so the alculator from losertown tells me to just stop eating til 6/12/2018.
Do I need more supplements to do it than salt and potallium?
>>
Will I die if I eat a relatively large amount of minced beef after 72 hours of fasting?
>>
>>45640794
>tfw my family supported me in fasting and even bought me potassium chloride and keeps a check on me everyday if I'm doing good or need again
Best parents to be honest.
>>
>>45640852
Yeah it’s fine. We can generally tell when we need water and a lot of people drink way too much when they carry around water bottles all day.
You have a to be a bit careful on very warm days, but otherwise just drink when you feel thirsty.
>>
>>45640896
don't think of fasting as a cure to anything, you have to let go of reductionistic and allopathic thinking friendo.
do a water fast every sunday to begin with for a few weeks and see how you feel.
also note: you can't go back to eating like a garbage disposal, and you wont want to especially after discovering the wonderful tastes of things like this >>45639477 .
>>45640918
see >>45640862
>>
Does talking levothyroxine break the fast?
>>
>>45637113
Cigarettes are a positive no-no during a human life.
>>
File: 1516745110168.jpg (127 KB, 992x558)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>45640833
well you know there would be a bug out word or phrase
so if they said "curling iron up my asss"
id set them free
im not planning on chaining up fattys
tho i would think that would work best !

pic related : the kind of fatty that needs extra help
>>
>>45640981
Jesus fucking christ a fucking idiot. Continue taking your thyroid medicine.

Although I will say you should get your actual test results from your doctor and do some research on the numbers.

I put my dad on boron supplementation two months before his annual checkup and blood test. After 4 days he started getting horrible night sweats and I convinced him to stop his levothyroxine. When he got his bloodwork back the doctor said his levels were perfect.
>>
File: Hory shiet.png (19 KB, 363x626)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>Fast for two weeks
>Lose a million pounds
Is the page linked in OP accurate?
>>
It's a beautiful sunny morning for fastin and sippin a warm black coffee, who here /feelin good/
>>
File: 1522168904843.webm (1.06 MB, 272x480)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB WEBM
>>45641436
not sure about what OP's stuff says but don't worry about weight initially when you begin fasting. it will fall off but the body is doing SO MUCH OTHER STUFF that is necessary for it to properly lose fat.
>>
>>45641436
Fasting for 5 months would be bad.
>>
>>45640514
>>45640828
Hello, I am that 48 hrs first time waterfast breaker again.. Just want to share my experience with newfags that wants to try
>Day 1
>No salt, No potassium, cause no shops nearby that sell those
>learn from Cole that peeing will release electrolyte after I pee too much after i drank too much water
>learn from yesterday thread that one should only drink water when really thirsty
>No hunger yet
>Sleep

>Day 2
>hungry like crazy after 45 hrs
>roommate noticed that I have laying on the bed for a long time not eating, forced me to eat his food, 2 bananas, 2 eggs, 2 bread..

lesson learned:
>prepare; salt and potassium
>only drink when thirsty, like for real, cause when you drink too much, you will pee, when you pee you will release electrolyte..

or am I wrong? is there something else I should know? can i start fasting right after breaking the fast 2 hrs ago?
>>
>>45641499
You're a big guy
>>
>>45641516
Good stuff! I found 48 hours pretty difficult in the beginning too, but it gets better over time.
Yes you can start again straight away.
>>
>>45641528
For you
>>
>>45641516
I don't think you really need to be drinking snake juice until like 3-4 days in. Unless you just like the taste
>>
>>45641528
Here's another (You)
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 129x175)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>45641625
>>
I did a 72 hour fast with snake juice, I think it was unnecessary so I'm starting another 72 today without it, will report on how it goes
>>
>>45641651
yeah I agree, I don't feel headaches, just super hungry.. should've continue and enter the keto state.. :D
>>
>>45639035
Studies showed fasting has tons of good effects on your physical and mental health. Most likely because we're adapted to some periods without food, so those trigger all kinds of actions in our body.

It should be teaching people to value food more, expecially the high quality stuff.

>Why am I so fucking triggered right now
Because you spend to much time on dumblr
>>
>>45641516
Forced you to eat food? what the fuck dude
>>
So, you guys are saying to break a week fast, I should start with some fruit and veggies, then proceed with some eggs or something?
>>
>>45641697
Isn't 500 calorie diet better?
Also, who uses fast as a way to save money?
>>
>>45641701
he drag me into his car and bring me to some restaurant just to treat me some food.. I keep declining the offer but he afraid something will happen to me, so to shut him up, i just do as he told tho.. it's okay tho, haha
>>
What's wrong with just doing OMAD? I'm only 30 lbs overweight and I think fasting for a week is overkill...
>>
>>45641796
Nothing at all wrong with OMAD.
>>
>>45641815
Why the fuck is OP shilling for himalayan salt when it's regular salt?
>>
>>45641872
i have no clue. just skip the isolated chemistry memes.
>>
>>45641796
OMAD is literally just caloric deficit.
Any other benefits are negligible, dont delude your self into thinking its better than 16/8 or even 6 meals at the same deficit.

>>45641872
It has trace of minerals, nothing much but its better than regular salt.
>>
>>45641921
>but its better than regular salt
It also costs 10 times as much.
Just buy medicinal water or a fucking pill in any drug store.
>>
So if I want to start incorporating fasting into my cut, do I do something like...

2 days fasting with snek juice
2 days light eating, starting with vegetables, then broth, then meat

Repeat until cut? How many calories do I consume when refeeding?
>>
>>45632889
What app is this, I see everyone using it.
>>
>>45642012
MyFitnessPal, or MFP for short.
>>
>>45641921
So can I just do 16:8 if I just want to lose bodyfat and like 20 lbs?
>>
>>45632154
i started to fold my boxers like she recommended and to be honest i did feel some satisfaction from it.
>>
File: 4235345.jpg (56 KB, 447x528)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>45632889
What do you eat for your OMAW on your refeed day?
>>
>>45638649
You're not fasting you delusional manchild.
>>
>>45641681
I dont think you'll need it if youre doing 72 hour fasts but beyond that yes. Just make sure you stock up on salt before you start one. Leafy greens have a heap of potassium in them.
>>
>>45641729
Fasting is far, far better
Im here fasting 3 days/week losing weight and improving my lifts like crazy
In a calorie restriction i never improved my lifts and even lost fat slower
>>
>>45641921
>Is not better than 16:8

It is
You literally spike your insuline once a day
Any source, or youre just talking with your ass?
>>
>>45642455
What's wrong with just fasting every day? I've been thinking of doing a 16:8
>>
>>45642517
You mean IF?
I also 16:8/OMAD at my lifting days, its actually great for lifting

I meant in my non lifting days i just dont eat at all
>>
>>45641921
if thats the case then why are you all shilling omad? I'd much rather eat breakfast and dinner on a caloric deficit than OMAD
>>
What about potassium citrate? Reason I'm asking is that I already bought it not knowing the difference.
>>
>>45642638
stop with the isolated chemistry bull shit. you are over intellectualizing something you couldn't possibly come to comprehend after study of
>>
>>45642632
He’s talking shit. Equating OMAD with six meals a day is braindead stuff, but of course it’s closer to 16:8 than it is to multiple-day fasting.
OMAD works great as a hunger-suppressant, but whether you do normal calorie restriction, OMAD or week-long fasts should depend on what works best for you and what is the most sustainable. They all work.
>>
>>45642733
>>45642638

chemistry for years and years. its pointless trying to figure out what the body does and does not need. if you could live 10 lifetimes you would not figure it out. just fast, with water. keep meals simple.
>>
>>45642733
Seething over a question m8.

Are the measurements different?
>>
>>45642744
fug i dont mean to sound seething sorry broski. it just is too much thinking for something so simple.
just ignore all the nuance side-fads that keep trying to jip your money out of fasting.
>>
File: DYhCidVX4AAmCtC.jpg (60 KB, 676x1024)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>45642246
He hasn't responded, anyone else on OMAW what are you eating on that refeed day? I barely can find much about OMAW online and would like to know what would be the best meal to do with OMAW.
>>
>be 5'9"
>be 75kg
>24 bmi
>supposed to lose 20kg to get to 18 bmi
Is there something fucky going on or am I that fat?
>>
>>45642743
>>45642755
It's ok, I'm just defensive this morning. I keep hearing about snake juice being good to stay hydrated, but are you guys saying I should just fast on water only?
>>
you cannot get the benefits of fasting by omad? hard to believe
>>
File: 1354563433962243.png (309 KB, 856x706)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>45642788
well it's good to be interested in fasting in the first place, and if you want to try it then go ahead. no big deal. but i'm just saying as someone who has practiced fasting on a frequent basis since 2011 its better to simplify it and just keep it to water. if you want to keep yourself lit up like snake juice would just add a bit of lemon or some other extremely astringent fruit. it helps squeeze your liver and kidneys up like a sponge. i like to keep things simple and that's what i've found to be the best thing to do.
again if you want to over intellectualize the whole process then experiment that's fine, but you will end up where i have.
the most important thing to remember in general during the fast is to figure out WHY and HOW food is used to emotionally address problems you've stuffed down and taking ACTION to do things you've procrastinated on.
>>
>>45641732
Sounds like a well intentioned friend, ignore the other guy.
>>
>>45639081
Actually i looked those up few days ago and those are pretty good re-feeds, shit is like 97% water and 3% fiber.
i hear they smell really bad because they are kept in lime water, so you gotta wash them really well and boil them in salt water to get most of the flavor out and after that you fry them dry on a pan.
>>
File: 1523107398158.jpg (45 KB, 570x487)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>45636933
I think you should have left some of the what I've learned links.
but thanks for being a thread starter
>>
I got the salt shits. What do I do now? Refeed, sweat out the salt, and stop drinking snake juice?
>>
>>45632090
>: No, starvation mode is a meme. Only occurs below 8% body fat
A female at 8% body weight would be dead, or very close to it. You sound like an idiot who has no business giving "health" advice.
Also drinking even black coffee or tea will break your body's fasting state
>>
Does black tea break the fast?

I found an electrolyte recipe that doesn't taste like fucking sea water.

Which includes:

Black tea
Salt
Cream of Tartar (potassium).
>>
>>45642935
Also want to add that they claimed staevation mode was a meme (false), only to state right after that is indeed real, but only past a certain bf%. Literally contradicted themselves in the same sentence
>>
>>45634387
You can potentially snake it until you hit 7 or 8% bodyfat. If that means months or more you probably want a multivitamin though.
>>
>>45642246

Steak, eggs, cheese, a small onion and a handful of sups, multivit, cod liver oil, ZMA etc.

Even on refeeds I try to stay under 30g carbs to maintain keto and make the next weeks fast easier and speedier.

I went from 220lbs to 200lbs in two weeks, no loose skin, controllable cravings, surplus money and time, zits and spots have vanished.

For comparison, I spent the previous 3 months shedding the same amount of weight (240 to 220).

I'm going to keep going to 160, which should be just in time for Summer proper (inb4 muh linear progression). Will post a transformation pic once it's done.

I absolutely swear by this method and would encourage anyone even considering it to try it.
>>
Is water supposed to taste sweeter during fasts?
>>
Skimmed through the thread but didn't really find anything detailed. Will dry fasting help with loose skin or are those benefits mild and inapplicable to landwhales losing hundreds of pounds? Is it just a meme?
>>
currently did a dry 24hr fast, should i keep going dry? or start snake today
>>
>>45642833
Nazi fasters dont respect the benefits of IF
>>
I have social obligations that require me to go out for dinner with co workers or clients a lot, but I'm interested. I probably won't get ketosis, but will I get autophagy doing OMAD?
>>
>>45643244
You wont get autophagy unless you fast for some days
But you could get in ketosis if you dont eat carbs for a time
>>
>>45643278
>You wont get autophagy unless you fast for some days
What? Then what's even the point of doing 5:2?
>>
>>45643244
you could fast all day and then eat with them, and then a secondary larger and more fulfilling meal at home.
>>
>>45643105
Oh nice, I can easily get all of that with no problem, I was just wondering if you'd eat light or go with bit heavier foods.

I'm aiming for 140lbs myself currently 187lbs. When I started doing these fasts I was 205lbs lost a few inches around the waist. Hopefully I could make this work, I might try to avoid the snake juice to see if I don't need it.
>>
>>45638723
>Ignoring science
Ok
>>
>>45643299
5:2 is a great way to lose a bit of weight or maintain without having to count calories.
>>
>>45638723
>my priestly knowledge supercedes that of all that is lower to me, bow before me you know nothing shitters - i have endebted my life away so i'm going to shill for my past mistakes so hard - fuck you and your ability to help yourself.
>>
Just a few more hours before bedtime so I can sleep the hunger away.
>>
>>45639476

currently doing full body with moderate weight every other day. Moderate cardio 30m 1-2 times per day.

Just making sure to listen to my body, get proper electrolytes and sleep.
>>
>>45640207
wanna know how I know you're a Slav?
>>
>>45642935
>>45642993
>Reddit walks into /fast/
>>
>>45643004
wtf? you could do snake juice, no food, for months? as long as you have fat?
>>
does vodka break the fast?
>>
>>45643156
Nope. It's your kidneys failing.
>>
>>45643365

Snake Juice did nothing for me except enforce the sodium squits. Unless and until you're feeling lightheaded I would probably advise against it - or if you're planning on going over a week.

I know there's been a few people ITT saying you should slowly creep food back in for refeeds but I ate 1500 cals in one sitting both times with no negative impact. Kind of hard to eat small meals and do OMAW at the same time.

Sounds like you're well on your way to making it anyway.
>>
>>45643105
Do you cook the onion? Also what do you think would happen if I had bacon instead of steak?
>>
>>45643566
You s7bscribe to my channel?
>>
>>45643789
what channel
only Slavs make pickles in such delicious way
western niggers drowning cucumber in acid can neck themselves
>>
>>45643773
Why is my kidney failing?
>>
>>45636833
ratio of salts out or balance. How much did you use of each salt and water?
Drink freshwater might help flush the excess, whatever it is
>>
File: 111111111111111.jpg (38 KB, 610x503)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>45643813
Oh, ok.
Btw, is this how /fast/ dies?
>>
>>45643857
Ketone bodies boosting your internal acidity maybe?
Go check if there is sugar in your urine.
>>
>>45643698
Look up a guy named Angus something, he was hugely obeese and fasted 380ish days just taking multivitamins and salts with doctor supervision. Sadly it seems he didn't fix his eating habits and died after getting fat again, but he demonstrated that it IS possible to fast until you're out of fat.
>>
>>45644053
that's just one dude though.......
>>
New Thread

>>45643979
>>45643979
>>45643979

New Thread
>>
>>45644062
fasting is 'unexplored territory.' you are not going to find the scientific Official reassurance you are hoping for. this is firmly in the realm of Broscience, but the results it gets look good. Of course, noone is chomping at the bit to do serious studies because there's no profit to be made. Just 'us' and a few individual doctors who are actually interested in positive health outcomes.
>>
>>45643278
How many?
>>
>>45643299
Losing weight, insuline control
Even ketosis after 2 days fasting
Autophagy needs longer fasts
>>
>>45643712
What do you think
>>
>>45644254
Dunno
Search about it. Probably like 3-4 days

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.