[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bad-gym-etiquette.jpg (26 KB, 500x375)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>be squatting 330lbs/150 kg for 5 reps. Deep and steady
>take at least 3 minutes of rest inbetween sets.
>go to pee
>come back and see old short guy have taken 10 lbs of the left side off my barbell.
I ask him why he did that and he just said he thought I finished. In the end he benched 110 lbs.

Why are there people like this at the gym? I'm usually a calm dude but shit like this makes me angry as hell, why did he not ask me if I finished or not?? What would have you done or said and do you have any stupid annoying idiots at your gym? I wanna hear some stories

>inb4 manlets and pajeets with polo shirts
>>
>guy with shitty handlbar mustache
>wears a sweater wrapped around his waist [to cover up love handles[
>wears a baseball cap [to cover up bald spot] while lifting
>walks like he has a squat plug up his ass all the time
>gets mad if people outlift him, grunts doing 20kg DB rows like a cow in heat
>shouldered me while doing farmers walks with a trap bar for some reason
>many think he got kicked out because of this

I only ever mentioned it to a PT in passing because not one person could handle that guy.

>>46410043
I would have asked what his deal is and why he didn't just ask to work in. If you had any of your stuff like your gym bag, then double fuck these people. I see people leave their stuff at the rack and go to take a piss, and people jump all over the rack. For what purpose?

Sometimes all you need is an awkward silence, size him up, roll your eyes, and walk away. This also destroys a woman's confidence if you actually mire her.
>>
>>46410043
When you leave the bar you forfeit the use of it. Unless you properly indicate you still intended to use it. Like leaving a towel on the bar. Quit being an assmad faggot op.
>>
Leaving the shit you're using in a commercial gym is like leaving a bag of money on the street, even if you leave your gear next to it, if nobody is there, expect to lose it.

You gotta realise people are heading into the gym all the time and are coming into there seeing all the shit they want taken up, so as soon as they see nobody there they'll rush in and take over.

Might want to invest in a home-gym if this pisses you off enough.
>>
>>46410114
this is basically all i got from this post.

OP wanted to brag about e stats and gym rage not knowing his own gym etiquette about a story that probably never happened.

of course the guy would only bench 110 lbs in this story.
>>
>>46410043
I'd just say I still have a couple sets left and put the weight back on
>>
>>46410114
I was gone for less than two minutes go to piss and straight back, I had clips on the bar and my phone and shit was there as well. So no I had indicated it , i'm not mad for no reason.
>>
>>46410155
It doesn't matter how long you're gone.

I've literally been resting inbetween sets like 2 meters from the power rack, and some dudes just rush into it.

Meanwhile I'm 2 meters away on a bench resting, yes I had to get up and tell them, and they said they didn't notice and they waited for me to finish.

You gotta realise people are there and equipment is in short supply at busy times, so people will be quick to rush into grab something if they see nobody sitting on it.
>>
>>46410155
You are mad for no reason. You're mad at some old guy taking off a tiny amount of weight while you were gone. I watch people leave their shit everywhere and have watched a guy leave 6pl8 on the bar from his quartersquats. Stop being a cunt about someone making poor assumptions at a shitty commercial gym
>>
File: let it burn.png (2.06 MB, 680x1020)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>doing OHP with 3.5 mins rest between sets
>guy asks how many sets left
>I say 1, but that I still have a few minutes left of rest if he wants to start his lift
>comes back less than 2 minutes later
>why do you rest so long? other people wanna use the equipment too
>tell him to fuck off and that I already offered a compromise
>finish set
>proceeds to squat half a plate with a bar pad and quarter reps
this is like the 4th time someone complains about my rest times, and it's always a quarter repping DYEL. It has never been someone who actually knows what they're doing. fuck this country
>>
>>46410043
stop being a bitch lmao

why didn't u show him ur anger

cus u a bitch lmao stop lifting ur the annoying idiot people hate in the gym
>>
>>46410250
I foresee a home gym in your future
>>
>>46410277
100% when I have my own garage. I don't remember this ever being an issue in the US though.
>>
>>46410250
Find an independent gym geared towards actual lifters
>>
File: 1498729405927.png (3.68 MB, 1800x2250)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB PNG
Some dumb thot leaves uneven number of light plates on the two of gym's plate stands. I'm yet to figure out which one, maybe someone who exercises earlier then I usually do but sometimes it happens during my workout. This shit is driving me crazy, I don't even have any OCDs but this is too much.
>>
>>46410381
Also today this mysterious creature left a 10lb plate on a fucking leg press machine
>>
File: 1500169501959.png (41 KB, 400x416)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>That guy who runs classes where he has like 6 students doing his gay ass drills taking up ALL THE FUCKING POWER RACKS FUCK YOU
Goddamn I hate all of them, it's not even a gym employee, just some guy who isn't that big who sits there and tells them what to do. And it's usually shit like using ladders for footwork, kettlebell shit, and jump rope, then they throw in squats
>>
>>46410250

>3.5 min rest

2 min max, i just saved you hours of time
>>
>>46410412
Have you tried coming to them and asking how long they have left. Some people just don't realize they can do their meme shit anywhere and move from the racks.
>>
>>46410436
I rest less on high volume days. 3.5 isn't even a lot. I really don't care if my sessions take longer—I just enjoy lifting.
>>
>>46410043
>be doing accessories in dumbbell area, has several adjustable benches, 3 of which are being taken up by a trio of DYELs babysitting dumbbells, showing off their emaciated abs, and sitting on their phones
>guy actually doing a workout on flat bench behind me, benching probably over 200 lbs
>go to pee between exercises
>come back and the three shitheads are still there, guy working out took over my bench and asks if I was done with it

>say it's fine, tell him my name wasn't on it and pull up a different bench

?????????????

Just because you're going beastmode doesn't mean you have to act like an asshole.
>>
>>46410436

t. DYEL
>>
>>46410250
>Doing lat volume on pulldown machine
>3 sets overhand, 3 sets underhand, 3 sets neutral
>changing to neutral handle
>angry lesbian looking feminist with beta dyel bf in two
>you do realize there are other people that want to use the machines right
>you guys can work in if you wanna
>no thank you can you just finish
>australianfitnessguyfathatefacereaction.jpg
>fine go ahead I'll finish somewhere else
>go do neutral pullups
>watch as they swing wildly in order to half rep low weight

gets me everytime
>>
>>46410460
Supposedly they're dicks
I haven't spoken to them but my friend has and he asked if he could use one of the racks and they said "nah we still got a lot of stuff we need to do"
>>
>>46410147
>>46410043
Here's a suggestion - leave a towel at/by the rack, a hoodie, a water bottle, anything, to indicate that you're still using it.
>>
>>46410043
>that orange goblina boomer that puts nigger music and maroon5
>tfw literal gains goblin lives at my gym
>>
File: 4b6.jpg (13 KB, 600x515)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>46410043
>need to do squats
>every rack is in use except one
>it has a bar that has only 10lbs on each side with no clips
>assume someone just didn't re-rack their weights
>wait like 5 min
>nobody shows up
>ask the person next to it "is anyone using this"
>dude says he doesn't think so
>go to remove the weights
>girl doing random exercises across the gym walks over to me
>"excuse me I'm using that"
>literally seething
>contain my anger
>"oh ok, sorry about that"
>put back on one of the weights I removed
>look back
>she's fucking squatting
>she's using a fucking rack (one of only 5 in the entire gym) to squat 65lbs
>not only that but apparently she's just leaving it there while she goes and does other shit
IF YOU ARE GONNA SQUAT FUCKING SQUAT, THIS IS A UNIVERSITY GYM THERE ARE A LOT OF FUCKING PEOPLE WHO NEED TO USE THIS EQUIPMENT SO EITHER DO YOUR SETS OR WAIT YOUR TURN LIKE A NORMAL FUCKING PERSON THERE ARE MULTIPLE SMITH MACHINES THAT YOU CAN USE TO DO YOUR 65LB SQUATS YOU FUCKING RETARD FUCK YOU
>>
>>46410488
doing partials unintentionally must have some effect on the brain. I'm sick of these people
>>
>>46410592
>Maroon 5
They have a song about a raging manlet lol
>Six foot tall
>Came without a warning, so I had to shoot him dead
>He won't come around here anymore
>Come around here?
>I don't think so
>>
>>46410599
Ask if it's cool if you can work in
>>
>>46410599

>caring about if people are using equipment to move light weight

Fuck off, I can see being upset that she wasn't there for 5 minutes, and I can understand being upset about people who do use too much equipment, do meme shit, or lift with godawful form, but being upset about people training properly with any amount of weight is retarded.

t. lifts more than you
>>
>>46410192
ye your right bro, thx for the advice
>>
>>46410671
It normally never bothers me, I've seen dudes benching the bar and I think nothing of it, I was there once. It's just if you are at that light of a weight for a squat there are countless other exercises you can do to build strength and other things you can use. It's that fact coupled with how she was just leaving it there that pissed me off. If she was just squatting the weight I wouldn't have even noticed, but it's the two factors put together that made me upset.
>>
>>46410250
>>46410436
>>46410462
>>46410484
>resting
Not gonna make it
>>
>>46410043
If there's not that many people in the gym I'll take up like three squat racks so I don't have to keep switching my plates. Not sure if this pisses people off or not, whenever they ask I'll gladly give up all but one but nobody seems to ask
>>
>>46410043
Reconsider your mentality when you come off as the asshole in your own story.
>>
File: svetya_bilyalova.jpg (73 KB, 750x859)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
>>46410599
Okay Mr Low Test, just calm down and ask to work in.
>>
>guy doing half rep bench
>does 2 "reps" and struggles on 3rd
>spotter helps him do 5 more
>they load more weight
>repeat
>>
File: Raging_pepe.jpg (36 KB, 500x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>46410043
oh boy do I have a story for you
>today, in-between sets, take a look around
>blonde mom with her little girl (about 12)
>mom clearly having no idea what she's doing is "training" her fucking kid
>makes her do OHP on a cable machine with a V bar
>force vector pulls the kid forwards, kid arches lower back to try to stabilize
>V bar fucks up kids wrists, can see her rubbing them in-between sets
>2 sets in her lower back starts hurting so much she grabs a belt from the corner of the gym because she thinks it's gonna help her
>kid thinks the pain means she's doing good "mamma jag mår så bra" -mom I'm doing so good
>her fucking blonde bimbo mom is taking gym selfies
at that age doing that shit that kid is gonna permanently damage herself and fuck up her growth
I just wanted to bitch slap her mom so badly
>>
>>46410043
>be me
>bit older than other gym goers
>not so strong now but plenty of experience, been lifting for a while
>go in to do bench
>all racks are taken up
>see some sweaty fat fuck quarter squatting 150kg
>bodyweight squat
>go to warm up
>same fatty walks by a few minutes later
>winrar
>go to rack, is empty
>he left weights on the bar
>what a prick
>start removing weights to warm up
>see angry fatty coming back
>"were you using this mate?" I say
>he can't make eye contact
>"n..no"
>walks away muttering about "old manlets", rushing to type something on his phone
>fucking stank too
>>
>>46410436
t. 12 rep brosplit
>>
>Using the squat rack for OHP
>warming up my rotator cuffs before getting started
>about to jump into my first set
>old guy walks up to me
>”I wanted to use that”
>”Sorry, I just started. You can work in with me if you like”
>bit of a pause
>”no it’s fine I’ll do something else it just doesn’t look like you’re doing anything”
>”I’m just warming up first”
>walks away

He could have been less rude but whatever
>>
>>46412192
>Using the squat rack for OHP

Fuck off and die
>>
>>46411884
why didn't you do it? Probably would've gotten away with it mahamed.
>>
File: 1520203417028.png (4 KB, 239x341)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>46410043
I go to a good gym that allows free weights and olympic lifts its all perfect expect i had to deal with this faggot
>classic ottermode bro spliting faggot (imagine the bodytype of vynzbrah)
>every time i workout (gslp) he aproaches to give me advice
>Eh dude what you are doing is wrong you will never get big or strong this way you must focus on a muscle group each day
>yeah w/e still bigger and lifting more than him
>eeh dude you shouldnt do deadlifts they are dangerous and the dont offer anything
>ehh dude you should lift your legs up when you bench it isolates the muscle better
>eeh dude you shouldnt squat so deep , it will fuck up your knees
>eeh dude you should do fewer compounds and more isolation work it will make you bigger and stronger
>eeh dude how do you lift so much? are you on creatine? i was on creatine too but i decided to go natty because i was getting to big
this went on for several weeks ,one day i was angry because i was fucked at work (changed my shift at last minite) and when he came to share his "wisdom" I snapped at him told him to get his skinny ass and fuck off throw him my towel and told him that if he ever comes near my again ill fuckin gut him
never seen him since
>>
>>46410155
If you were standing/sitting next to the bar people would ask you if you were finished but you completely left the area so people assumed you were done.
>>
File: IMG_096111.jpg (115 KB, 910x610)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>Finish warmup
>go to the one and only squat rack in this shitty crowded gym
>see Pajeet hogging the squat rack
>does these retarded ass, knees caving in, quarter squats
>ask if I could work in
>says no because he has 2 more sets of this amazing exercise that'll definitely show results
>go bench press meanwhile
>next session
>come in to see Pajeet doing the same quarter knee squats
>straight up telling him that I'm gonna work in whether he likes it or not he can fuck off for all I care
>he stands behind me looking at me with the "Did you just offend me?" look
>leave the shitty over crowded gym for a bigger one that's further away
>>
>>46412228
Yeah, should have used the OHP rack like a normal person
>>
File: thoughts.png (12 KB, 243x243)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>46410043
>be waiting around the squat racks because they're all occupied, checking my phone and staring off into space
>happen to be waiting behind a weak faggot trying to show off to a bunch of girls by quarter squatting 2pl8 for reps
>he can't even do it and fails right in front of the girls who weren't even paying attention in the first place)
>I give no reaction aside from briefly looking up from my phone because this shit happens all the time
>he stands back up in the rack and turns around to stare at me and the barbell still on the safety pins like I just killed his dog
>he stares at me for literally 2-3 minutes without doing anything until another squat rack is freed up and I go do my sets
>finish my sets and find out that he's been staring at me the whole time while I squat, even after he finished his sets he just stood around in the area and stared at me

wtf bros
>>
>>46411885
based fit grandpa
>>
id have taken it off his bar and put it back on mine tbqh, wouldn't even have said anything to him and just gone on about it like nothing happened
>>
>>46411884
Why didn't you interrupt them and tell them if they continue doing it a snappening is in order
>>
>>46412479
or he could clean it like a normal person
>>
>>46412252
implying I'm a fucking muslim because swedistan, a fucking classic
>>46412613
because what she was doing was not illegal and looking in her moms eyes I could see the hallow that was inside her skull. she would've said some shit like "mhm" and that was that. do you really think me giving her a bullshit 2 minute speech about gym safety would have made her a decent parent?
>>
>two guys doing dumbell curls
>one is about 40 wearing a snapback
>other looks mid 20s-30
>keep doing a few reps then pausing mid rep for photo
>arguing about who should upload the picture to facebook
>"you upload it and tag me"
>"nah I'll text it to you and you upload it, more bitches will see it that way"
>this goes on for 20 minutes
>>
>>46410436
Once you're lifting heavy weight, you'll get it kiddo.
>>
>>46411885
kek

i get it
>>
>>46412665
>doing cleans

Do I look like a woman?
>>
File: 1528752183617.gif (204 KB, 640x550)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
Chink doing 40kg deficit deads with the squat bar. Fuck you I wanna squat faggot REEEEEEEEEE
>>
(Can't green text since phonefag). Decide to ask a pajeet near me for a spot on my bench since I'm on my last set of 5 * 5. Almost don't ask, but end up asking. Specifically tell him I'm going for five reps, then specifically tell him only to help me if I say I need help. Start benching and he immediately shoves his hands right in my face before I've even completed my first rep. Tell him "I'm good" still refuses to move his hands out of my face and continues to act like he's gonna grab it. Takes my mental energy from the lift trying to get him to stop and distracts me so I decide not even to go for the last rep. Should have not even bothered asking.
>>
>>46412412
So what you're saying is that he won?
>>
>>46412792
Once I asked some stranger to spot me for 1rm bench, he messed it up completely with his hands like you described, even though I told him his help was only needed if the bar went down. Never again, only with gym buddies.
>>
>>46412555
He wasn't trying to impress the girls. He was trying to seduce you.
>>
>>46412823
Yeah , it sucks. I've had good experiences asking randoms for spots, but it's a dice roll
>>
>doing squats
>squat rack is in the corner of the gym
>two people decide to stand directly behind the squat rack and have a conversation
>>
>>46410114
>>46410147
The loaded bar is the indication that it's still in use. Don't accept people not racking their shit once done as the norm. They should always be considered outliers.
>>
>>46412746
>The oly bar is only for squats

Haha haha, no.
>>
>>46410250
Christ fucking tits.. I thought my 1 minute rests were on the high side. Get a fucking clue.
>>
File: sad1.jpg (20 KB, 563x566)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>46410043
>take AT LEAST 3 minutes of rest
I found your problem.
>>
>>46412891
lol
>>
>>46412891
>>46412898
enjoy your cardio
>>
>>46412898
>>46412891
See
>>46412677
>>
>not resting at least 3 min for maximum gains
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807
>>
>>46412979
>Heavy
>>
>>46412989
Yeah, once you've gone beyond babby weight you need more rest.

See the article >>46412983 posted
>>
>>46412983
No nutritional info on the groups.
>>
File: jiren8.png (136 KB, 427x325)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>46410250
are you that guy who always complains about middle easterners and chalks up the gym like a Lebron James chalk toss and have beef with a dyel asain dude who lifts with his gf? lmao
>>
File: Kpfkj7W1_400x400.jpg (13 KB, 400x400)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>46410043

>be old guy, at the gym just to get away from the wife
>some obese man who avoids eye contact with everyone else and is sweating profusely leaves his weights for 5 minutes, need some 10 pound plates so I take them from his rack
>as soon as I take the plates, I see him power walking straight towards me, red in the face
>he has a visible pee stain on the front of his shorts
>sputters "th-those are m-mine"
>I put them back
>he stares at me for 10 minutes as I work out
>gym staff tells me not to be afraid, he's a harmless low functioning autistic that isn't good around strangers
>tell him "see you later buddy" as I leave
>he looks up from typing something on his phone with a toothy smile and a dazed look in his eyes
>>
>>46412669
Maybe if you told the kid she'd get scared. Maybe she would start crying.
>>
>>46413026
haven't read the full study but both saw gains so each group was eating at a surplus.
>>
>in my home gym
>>
>>46410043
This is a side effectnof steroids OP, one day you'll end up punching someone on the face at the gym because of it and will end up with assault charges
>>
>>46413084
This sounds about right
>>
>>46413084
glad to get OPs story from another point of view, Now it makes more sense
>>
File: 1446820696935.png (42 KB, 446x373)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>First time noticing enormous Brazilian roided-up faggot a week ago
>Asks some guy to put 2 pl8s on his back to do 20 second planks
>gets up after and lifts up shirts to see abs in mirror
fast forward to Thursday
>Gym has 4 squat racks connected by pull up bars in the middle, use it to do weighted chin-ups
>Ask this faggot if he's using it since his shit is on one of the racks
>"Yeah, i'm going to use it like monkey bars and go across the whole thing, wanna join in?"
>Tell him no and go to the other end to begin chin-ups
>Later on in workout, this dude is just pacing obnoxiously close to me inbetween sets of DB shrugs
Saturday, about to squat
>Find rack being unloaded, help them finish unracking
>As I take off the last pl8, this faggot swoops out of nowhere and to takes the pl8 off right in front of me
>"It was more convenient" he says despite having 6 pl8s at the smith machine he's using for hip thrusts
>Middle of set squatting, this shit skin takes a 25lb pl8 from my rack despite having them at his smith machine
I WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING TO HIM CAUSE I WAS TILTED AS FUCK, BUT I ALSO DONT WANT TO RISK FIGHTING AND GETTING KICKED OUT OF GYM
>Yesterday see this faggot jumping onto pull up bars right beside someone someone racking a bar during squats
>See gym staff talking to him while he's obviously defending himself
I didn't see him today, god I want to fucking kill this dude.
>>
>>46410043
>3 minutes of rest in between sets
>>
>only 1 squat rack in my gym
>using it
>random guy come up to me, asks how many sets i have left
>"i'll be here a long time, you can work in if you want" (most of my session is usually in the rack)
>doesn't want to work in
>"you sure? i'll be here [however much time]" (up to 1.5 hours if it's a long session and i just started)
>nope
>proceeds to do empty bar smith machine quarter squats for a few half assed sets, or do wigglesquats on a bosu ball, or some dumb shit like that
>typically mean mugging me the whole time until i leave

and it's always random retards i've never seen before
regulars usually work in with me, absolutely no trouble
even the resident dyel skelly who hasn't progressed at all in 2 years isn't scared of asking to work in
but no, i don't get the mean mugging randoms, especially when i'm twice their size and strict pressing their deadlift max
>>
File: 1298866045549.jpg (52 KB, 526x300)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>46413294
DAILY REMINDER THAT HYPERTROPHY IS A MATTER OF VOLUME NOT INTENSITY

BRAINLETS PLEASE GO
>>
>>46410043
You have to just ask these people what happens when they walk into a restaurant and they see food at a table, do they just sit down or do they wait their fucking turn?
>>
File: angerywilly.jpg (23 KB, 560x380)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>be squatting last friday
>squat rack next to smith machine
>catch the eye of a 8.5/10 qt
>comes up to me and asks if anyone is using the smith machine
>tell her i don't think so
>asks me if i know how to use the smith machine
>tell that fucking roastie to fuck off for implying that i've ever used a smith machine in my life
>see her peeking over during the rest of my workout
the absolute gall of some people
>>
File: Punished Joyful Snake.png (374 KB, 640x360)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>46413376
> implying that i've ever used a smith machine in my life
Roastie absolutely BTFO'd, you're doing God's work anon
>>
>>46410043
>plates are in the other room
>leave my bottle next to the squat rack
>go to get plates
>come back to see a lanky faggot repping 1pl8 on my squat rack
why
>>
>>46410043
Because no one puts their weights away anymore so people just assume that if no one is standing near that barbell that no one is using it
>>
>>46413494
>plates are in the other room
>somehow lanky fuck finds plate in same room

its your fault for being a moron
>>
>>46412884
>The loaded bar is the indication that it's still in use.
In an ideal world. But we live in a world where DYELs do not strip the bar to show their awesome 1.5pl8 squat
I've never seen an unattended loaded 2pl8 and above. It seems like only DYELs leave plates on the bar
>>
>>46413553
well i only have two hands, i cant carry them all at once
>>
>>46410043
You sound like a total beta. You dont own the weights, faggot.
>>
>Fat old woman (she's probably on her late fifties or early sixties, but, due to obesity-induced aging, she honestly looks like a fat version of the last Grail Knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) in a wheelchair
>Goes to the gym every day, earlyish in the morning
>Just rolls up to the cable curl machine closest to a tv, sits in front of it for almost 1 hour gossiping with instructors and passersby
>About 45-50 minutes after her arrival, she engages the wheelchair's wheel locks, pulls out her cellphone, sends a message, and starts doing biceps cable curls
>Does some 20 reps per series with no weight; she literally just grabs the bar and pulls it in a frenzy until she's literally too exhausted to continue, stops to breathe for a moment, and goes at it again
>In the 5-10mins her daughter/niece/whateverrelationthosewomenhave takes to arrive and pick her up, she's red as a tomato, soaked in sweat, and breathing loud enough to drive the NOAA into apocalyptic panic
>Brags about how hard she "worked out" today to her handler
>No one calls her out on her bullshit because the last time an instructor tried to coax her into actually exercising, she threw a screaming tantrum that could be heard from the street
>>
>>46413588
>not understanding that some other guy didn't have to leave the room to get plates

you are dumber than i thought
>>
>>46412852

This, of course.
>>
>>46410043
I go to a commercial gym, I think I don't need to say more.
I'm hopefully switching to a serious gym soon. If I fail to find one I'll just buy my own stuff and start lifting at home. I'm seriously done with my gym.
>>
>>46410043
3 minute rest in between set? Wtf
>>
two old guys were doing dumbbell press in the power rack
>>
>>46410436
It's so he can say he atleast gets an "hour" a day
>>
>>46411786
Sounds like these 3 dumbass I know at my gym... They had shitty form and pushed with one hand more than the other
>>
>>46412677
>
>>46411888
>>46410484
>>46410462
If you rest mroe than 3 minutes between sets, even if its a heavy 1RM - 5RM set you are unhealthy and your conditioning is shit

you should recover any set within 3 minutes, if you can't it means your cardio/conditioning is shit
>>
>>46413930
t. dyel 10lb curler
>>
>>46410043
i think the thotts & onions's who use there phone for 3mins between sets in the most infuriating one

i work in a gym as a student & call people on this shit, just because i know ho fucking cringy this shit is
>>
>>46410250
Im surprised you wait so long in between sets. I only rest 30 secs (a minute if I'm tired)
>>
>>46413991
>onion's?
wtf chan i typed S O Y ' S
>>
>>46413992
2 minutes rest is optimal.
>>
>>46410110
Snitch
>>
>>46413961
No lol. I use to be that guy doing 3,4,5+ minutes between sets. I started working on my conditioning and I do <3 minutes now and feel stronger.

more like you are
>t. bad at condioning/cardio
>>
>>46412257
and then everybody clapped
>>
>>46413991
What's wrong with doing this
>>
>>46414021
because they stay on the machine so no one else can use it
>>
>>46414052
no shit fucker if im using it i dont want someone else to do so
>>
>>46410043

I bring masking tape and a marker and write my name on all the plates, benches, and bars before I start working out. To avoid ambiguity I also have written my name across the front of my t-shirt. With every rep I yell my own name instead of just tsss-ing, and for extra emphasis I point at the bar and say, "I'll see you in a minute, babe" every time I need to walk away for a minute. People stare whenever I lift, but I feel like proactively asserting one's rights and avoiding ambiguity is key to avoiding conflict and getting a great work out in uninterrupted.
>>
>>46414078
>not bringing your own bar and plates from your house to the gym
>>
>>46410155
you autist. stop being a gay
>>
>>46414114
I have seen someone bring their own olympic bar to the gym before
>>
>>46410488
9 sets of lat pulldowns? How about you learn to actually do a pullup/chinup. Nobody wants to wait 1 hour for your dyel twat-ovulating low test beta male shit routine.
>>
>>46410493
that's when you say "oh ok that's great, I'm working in". and proceed to work in. grow some sack
>>
>>46413084
>>46413084
lol
>>
i take 9 minutes rest, ama
>>
>>46412891
>>46412898
>>46410436
t. DYELs
>>
>>46414253
>t. fatty who doesn't do cardio/conditioning
>>
>>46412884
lmao are you insane? lazy niggers leave bars loaded ALL THE TIME
>>
>>46411885
kek
>>
>>46410110
>>shouldered me while doing farmers walks with a trap bar for some reason
How is this possible? You lying faggot
>>
>>46412792

Happened to me yesterday, felt like I was raped

>bench 5x5
>resting between 4th and 5th def
>guy comes up to me asks how many sets I have
>I got 1 set left
>he gives me a thumbs up
>5 mins later, begin my set
>3rd rep bar slows slightly
>4th rep bench halfway and triceps start grinding it out
>not even half a second later this fag lifts the entire bar up with both hands
>effort goes 100 to 0 real quick
>yell I GOT IT
>he removes his hands
>go for 5th rep
>grinding it out again
>fag does his hands sticking in and out motion
>actually touches the bar and throws it off my bar path
>I fucking lose it, moment is too great, stop exerting all force
>he can't lift the bar at all
>bar comes back on my chest
>just bench it halfway onto the lower safety pins

I was fucking mad, went for a 6th set and got only 4 reps
>>
>>46413930
>>46414019

I do rest 2 minutes or less between sets.

When I'm warming up with your maxes.
>>
>>46410043
honestly if i show up to a piece of equipment that isnt reracked, i look around, look at the water fountains, but im not waiting a whole minute for someone to come back
>>
>>46412962
>enjoy your cardio
i do tho
>>
i hate it when people steal the goddamn weights, especially when im moving some heavy shit and they just snipe it off. holy fuck i get homicidal about it, i have to seriously go take a walk to cool off. some stupid faggot today, probably gay, benching 185 with catback and bounce tried to bertstare me after doing 275 for a 1RM warmup, i made a point of sitting down, opening my water, and watching him do his set, after he got up i said "fucking fags" and walked off. i swear i have dreams of waiting for these pussies to be half assing some set and i can just come over and let the bar guillotine them, the shit is so annoying. keep your eyes to yourself, sadboy
>>
File: bloat.jpg (5 KB, 300x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>people who need to gulp down air for 3 whole minutes after one set of squats
>>
File: 03b.png (108 KB, 400x381)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>46410043
how about don't leave your station unguarded and allow people to assume you're finished you big idiot.

Drape a sweater or something over the rack next time to signify that it's still in use. Or better yet, pee before you start working out.
>>
>>4641004

You leave you lose, dick.
>>
>>46410155
You left your phone?
>>
File: shitgym.jpg (1.94 MB, 2390x4250)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>46410043
>>
Niggers and shitskins with bad manners and smells that never seem to clean the equipment. The niggers are noisy but the shitskins can clear a room with their stench.
>>
>>46414587
Holy moly, are all 24 hour fitness gyms that barren when it comes to squat racks/power cages?
>>
>>46414615
mine has 3 power cages, is that a normal amount?
>>
>>46413930
post body or stfu
>>
>>46414630
Back when I use to go there was only a smith machine alongside just one of each of the racks in the image.
>>
>>46413310
>only 1 squat rack in my gym
Same. In Starting Strength workout B days I have to use the rack for at least 1 hour because of squat and OHP (with all the warm-up sets and 6-10 minutes of rest between sets it gets long)
It's very stressing when people come ask to use it so they can do their half-squats with shit form, pussy pad and light as fuck weight
>>
>>46413930
this is so wrong I can't even believe you typed it lol why do you cope
>>
>>46414615
you don't know how bad it really is

>first 24h i go to: the squat rack has unmovable safeties that are too high for me to hit depth. the cage is in a corner and THE FUCKING FLOOR IS TILTED ABOUT 1-2 DEGREES SIDEWAYS. i use the squat rack outside of the safeties and progress slowly

>2nd 24h: it's upstairs above a fashion store so i can't diddly, stiff leg diddly, etc. still 1 squat rack (low safeties) and 1 cage

>3rd 24h: a good one in a nice area. has rows of racks (6 spots), a cage, and another rack.

>4th 24h (the one in the pic): shithole. the squat rack has the high immovable safeties and GUESS WHAT? THE CAGE IS IN A CORNER THAT IS TILTED 2-3 DEGREES TO THE SIDE AGAIN. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes, 24h fitness typically only has one shitty rack and one shitty cage in a corner with a tilted floor. fuck i hate it so much but they're all around my city and i can hit the gym to work out and shower when i'm on a long road trip if there's a 24h along the way
>>
>>46414671
also most of those gyms have the hex, dodeca, whatever non-round plates so working off of the floor was a nightmare.
>>
>>46413641
you're actually the moron for not understanding what he means.
>man had to go back and forth to get all the plates he needed
>kid came in between to steal his bar+plates
>>
>>46414248
Home gym?
>>
>>46414657
Man what? You don't need that much rest.
You also don't need to use the squat rack for OHPs
Clean the weight for fuck sake
>>
Ya today at the gym I saw a skinnyfat dyel doing a bodyweight routine at the gym. He kept doing handstands against the wall and his shirt would go up over his face and expose his disgusting body for everyone to see. I wanted to ram a barbell into his sternum while he was doing that, like some kind of modern day bro-jouster
>>
>>46414657
If there's only one rack you should probably find another way to OHP, it's pretty inconsiderate to OHP in the squat rack if someone else wants to use it. Of course if no one is waiting then go for your life.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71 KB, 600x450)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>46414921
>Dyels deadlifting 225 lbs, grunting, and slamming the bar as if it's 500 lbs
>>
>>46410474
whats with you retards pissing in the middle of your workout? Why would you expect the bench to still be there when you leave it open?
Pee before you work out.
>>
>>46414921
Do people really care if their clothes expose their bodies?

When I lie on a bench doing exercises my shirt comes up, when I bench my shirt comes up explosing my belly.

I don't think its that weird..
>>
>>46410381
Get used to it. This is always gonna be the case and it ain't so bad
>>
>>46414896
>Man what? You don't need that much rest.
Yes. It's up to 10 minutes and even more if you need. I read it on the starting strength forum rippetoe and others said it themselves. It's the amount of time the ATP lasts to recover or something.
>Clean the weight for fuck sake
>>46414948
it's annoying to load plates when the barbell is on the ground. You also spend energy on doing that clean, and cleaning for all the warm up sets apart from the real sets would be too much effort. OHP is supposed to be done in the power rack.
>>
>>46410474
You can't be too mad at this. I tend to put a water bottle on the bench itself if going to piss
>>
>>46414921
>people who try to improve are disgusting
>>
>>46414669
>>46414646
>>46414646
>>46414402
chubby fatty cope
>>
>>46415080
>up to 10 minutes rest between sets
are you joking? 3 minutes maximum after a heavy set
>>
>>46414991
>expect

The point is to not have an autism attack over shit like that that doesn't matter. If the guy wasn't there, I'd just use that bench. Since he was and there were other ones available, I pulled up a different one. You're missing the point.
>>
>>46415110
What if there are no other benches available? What would you do?
>>
>>46415080
Yeah the rack is better, but you're a dick for hogging the one squat rack because you don't want to clean 40kg
>>
I was resting during bench the other day and a middle aged yoga-woman walked up to me and asked me where the clips for the other bench were. I told her I don't know, and she said, "Can I use yours then? You're clearly not working out anyway." Eventually she found the clips on the floor, and proceeded to do leg raises on the bench with barbell in hand and 10lb on each side.
>>
>>46415135
Then I'd do one of my other exercises because my routines are flexible enough to deal with that. In that case instead of doing flies like I did after coming back, I would have done tricep extensions, front raises, or some other accessory. If they still weren't done, I'd do standing flies instead - not my favorite way to do them, but better than nothing and definitely better than getting in a hissy fit over someone using a bench that's not yours to begin with.
>>
>>46415107
god fuck off retard
>>
>>46415205
cool man
>>
>>46410110
Marino?
>>
>>46415179
mature women are the worst. They are rude yet and they do is fucking useless (i.e light weight, lots of reps, shit technique) yet they are submissive bitches for the PTs while I know more than them myself
I could make them lose more calories in one night of fucking instead, and for free

>>46415168
I know I'm dyel as fuck now but just a few months ago I was OHP'ing 1plate x5, faggot
>>
>>46410110
>>46414017
"Snitch"
Holy fuck you are a tremendous faggot.
OP I'm sure you're fine.
>>
>>46412884
>The loaded bar is the indication that it's still in use.

Utter nonsense.
>>
>>46410155
Did you also leave your wallet and car keys? I bet you also left your social security card and a map to your buried gold.
>>
File: 1528663877088.jpg (81 KB, 456x386)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>46410043
>leg day today
>apparently leg day for EVERYONE
>squat rack occupied
>Smith machine occupied
>leg press has 4pl8 on it and lmao fuck leg press
>go to do quad extensions
>view of the Smith machine
>redneck in boots and khakis loads up 1pl8
>begins 1/8th squatting
>slams the fucking Smith machine into a stop at the end of his set
>didn't know it was possible to slam a Smith
>does the same on quad curls with the worst form I've ever seen
>constantly letting the weight drop and slam instead of resisting and getting gains
Why the fuck does anyone openly say fuck gains because of ego. He was like 35 too. What the fuck nigger I'm so mad
>>
>>46410436
This
>>
>>46410043

You leave your station, its open. Tough shit.

>Those assholes who have circuits and claim stuff all over the gym

yea, I walk right in and work out. I don't give a shit if they are doing a circuit. You only get to claim what you are at.
>>
>>46414477
yeah, but they lifting heavy.
>>
Can't believe what im reading.

If you take like 3+ mins between sets during peak gym hours then I will fuck you up. Stop playing, we all got shit to do and if your conditioning is utter shit then that's not my problem. How about you chubby max lifters work on your 35% bf instead of maxing like every day is a day in october?
>>
>>46415405
this
>>
>>46415454
>he lifts during peak hours
*breathes in*
>>
>>46415474
>he has a job
>>
>>46413605
that's an old woman anon... come on bruh....
>>
>>46413930
I can run a 17:30 5k and if I'm doing squats/deads I need like 6 minutes of rest to recover if I'm going just under max effort

This is for sets like 345x5 on squat or 425x5 deads at a bw of 170lbs
>>
>>46410488
I've always wondered how people are so fucking shy they can't work in with people

Every time all the benches/cages are taken I just ask to work in and nobody has ever said no
>>
this guy did like 10 sets of 3 reps on deadlift with 185 lb
>>
>>46411786
>be dyel
>ask to work in with guys benching 185
>they say sure as long as you can warm up with this cause we're not taking weight off
>I'm like whatever sure
>warm up with 12 reps
>they stay at 185
>they continue benching 185 like it's a challenge
>they actually look like they lift though
>wonder what the fuck is going on

I feel like a lifting version of a sleeper car
>>
>>46414477
3 mins is the minimum someone needs to recover all their ATP after heavy lifting. Also read this:
https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/1997/08000/A_Series_of_Studies_The_Physiological_Basis_for.1.aspx
>>
>>46415107
Guys who squat over 500 for reps take 10+ min rests

If you can do 225 for 5 as max effort you only need like 3 mins to recover but someone doing 405 for 5 as max effort is gonna need closer to 6 or 7.
>>
>>46415707

Most don't, at least when they're lifting raw (equipped is a whole different beast). Even fat fucks like Jeff Lewis don't usually need that long.
>>
>>46410488
>9 sets of pull downs
fuck why don’t you throw in some rows or T bar work and do like 4 sets of pull downs like a normal person
>>
>>46412792
You can green text on a phone.
>t. phonefag
>>
>>46410043
>3 minute rests
>going away to pee
>ddurrrr why does he think I finished?

nice bait faglord
>>
>>46414019
I <3 you too anon
>>
>>46414078
>I'll see you in a minute babe
K E K
>>
>>46410250
>3.5 minutes rest
>>
>>46410599
>doesnt even have the balls to tell a girl the gym rules
>>
>>46415930
>kisses two fingers and brushes the bar as he walks away
>>
>>46412677
or maybe you should stop smoking
>>
>>46413084
this was me, fuck you
>>
If you think 3 mins is a long wait time.....do you even lift bro?

Seriously though, track the rest periods any Olympic lifters or powerlifters.

Refer to: https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-optimal-time-between-sets-for-muscle-growth.html

Prilepin's chart

Literally google "strength training rest time between sets"

From my own experience, I'm resting anywhere 3 mins to 6 mins. Since I started doing this instead of rushing through my workout, I consistently move up 5-10 pounds every week on all my big lifts. That being said though, the intensity is extremely high.
>>
>>46413930
this
>>
Have some good gym feels for you to lighten up the thread.
>move to middle of nowhere for work 4 weeks ago
>don't know anyone at all
>sign up to gym
>never more than 6 people there even during rush hour
>get off work
>get to gym
>squat rack is always free
>but what's this
>someone left a bar loaded with lmao2plaet lying around in front of it
>could it be?
>could someone in this town in bumfuck nowhere have figured out how to do deadlifts
>walk up to the rack
>holy shit there's actually someone there
>ask to work in since he's not using the actual rack
>end up taking twice as long for my workout because we keep chatting the whole time
>break bench PR
>>
>>46410043
you're simply a sensitive little pussy

the fact that you had to include your "deep and steady" squat weight indicates you have something to compensate for

you're a little boy
>>
>>46415991
nice larp faggot
>>
>>46413930
Post your numbers or progress for high intensity strength training on less than 3 min rests.
>>
>small uni gym
>one squat rack
>only ever seen three people use it besides for pull ups
>one guy quarter squatting 1 plate
>two people using the safety bars for body weight aerobic exercises
>one of these people puts one side of the safeties higher than the others for body weight rows and leaves them at different heights when he's done
Honestly its pretty good considering there is only one squat rack
>>
There's a middle aged Pajeet at my gym who turns up once a week with a whole bunch of bananas, eats one between each set of lightweight machine exercises, then leaves after about 45 minutes
>>
>>46410400
Kekled
>>
>>46414991
>not staying hydrated through your workout
>>
File: TuxPepe2.png (97 KB, 1000x1000)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>guy who spends 40 minutes in private shower stall to eat+drink his postworkout, masturbate, shower and use all of toilet paper to dry himself because he cba to bring a towel
>>
>>46410250
>people want to use the equipment too
>"I dont care"
whats he going to do.
>>
>>46414615
I go to Anytime, with the exception of one super fucking tiny one all the one's I've visited have 2-3 squat racks, most have a deadlift rack too (don't know the proper name but it's got extra space in front with a wood floor in the middle and thicker floor padding on the sides so the weights don't bounce when you drop them).

They've all got heaps of free weights, cable machines etc.
Only downside is they're all fucking packed full from 4pm to 8pm, but outside of that they're empty.
>>
>>46410043
If you walked off to pee then what's the problem. To him it would have looked like you just walked off and left your shit on there, which is something people do all the time. It was just a misunderstanding on his part, blame the people who don't put their shit away for making it ambiguous when people leave their area for a minute or two.
>>
>>46410043
Here's my story, sounds familiar actually

>In the gym
>Need to use squat rack, but some guy is using it
>"That's cool, I'll just use some free weights while I wait"
>About 10 minutes goes by
>This guy is still using it, he's screaming really loud, his form is terrible and hes dropping the weights and yelling "WHAT?" at anyone that looks at him
>Another 10 minutes goes by
>This guy is STILL using it
>He puts it down after about 25 fucking sets
>Walks off
>"Finally"
>Walk over and start switching out the weights
>"HEY"
>wtf
>"WHAT ARE YOU DOING BRO? I WAS STILL FUCKING USING THAT? JUST CAUSE I LEAVE THE MACHINE DOESN'T MEAN IM DONE!"
>"You've been using it for about 35 minutes now, plus your form is terrible you're going to hurt yourself"
>"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? GET THE FUCK OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW BRO LET'S SEE WHAT'S UP! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU"
>Staff tells him to leave
>Starts screaming and throwing things around
>Eventually leaves but the police grab him outside
>>
>>46414020
i wish i was joking , today (a week after) when i went at the gym ,the manager told me that there have been complaints about me being aggresive and threatening other customers, and that i need to leave the gym he gave me a refound of the month ive payed
>>
>>46412257
>Vynzbrah

That Italian kid I went to highschool with is getting mentioned on /fit/ now? Kek
>>
>>46414274
t. dyel lifting weights so light they basically ARE cardio
>>
>>46410599
>>wait like 5 min
>>nobody shows up
>>nobody shows up
>>ask the person next to it "is anyone using this"
>>dude says he doesn't think so
It's not hers anymore. Man up so that next time you can tell her to fuck off.
>>
File: 1526924579691.png (29 KB, 698x509)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>46416726
>>
>>46415454
Dyel?
>>
>>46411884
>fuck up her growth
thats a meme
>>
>>46417542
Not if all her joints are fucked
>>
>>46411884
You should tell her she's injuring her kid long term by not training her properly. You could be the deciding factor in whether this little girl ends up living a life of agony or not. Literally an entire life of misery might be prevented if you figure out a good way to approach this situation and intervene.
>>
>>46413376
fucking kek
>>
>>46414206
He said he went to do neutral grip pull ups you idiot
>>
>>46416731
deadlift platforms
>>
>>46412257
Not even trying to hide bait anymore are we
>>
>>46410155
The people replying to you have never lifted in their life. The bar and basic items indicate use. No one leaves 3+ pl8 on the bar, not normally
>>
>>46410043
What's up with those puny looking weights and bar? Is that the manlet bar? Do you go to a children gym?
>>
>>46410155
dude, fuck other anons, you are right. If towel, phone or whatever, i assume someone is using it. Unless guy is gone 10/15+ mins
>>
>>46410436
I rest 10 minutes, because I can.
>>
Similar thing happened to me but I had only been on the rack for like 8 minutes, just warmed up and about to do my working set. Had my belt under the bar, wraps on the bar and bag on the side of the rack. I goddamn set camp on that bitch Fucking polo pajeet takes 2 plates off one side of my bar. and uses it to neck press 135 lmao. Gym was practically empty. What the heck, man. Not cool.
>>
>>46411786
These two retards at my gym would take the only bench for up to an hour and would only do heavy weight quarter rom meme lifts.
>>
>>46410599
This one time a girl asked me if I was done with the rack, I was so I told her it was ok. I went to do something else and I see her load 1 pl8 and then she immediately fucks off to do shit with dumbbells, I was there another hour and that cunt didn't even touched the bar.
>>
>same fucking kid is always talking to me mid-set. Always about inane shit too.
>once he literally just wandered into the squat rack while I was using it, justs to grab clips.
>proceeds to just stare at me holding the clips with a stupid look on his face.
>one time he saw me overhead pressing and just started laughing hysterically at me. No idea what set him off.
>has actually cried before, because a 2.5 pound weight hit him.
>one time he just walked into me while I was loading the rack.
I finally just started working out as soon as I put him down for a nap. Fucking toddlers
>>
>>46419996
Got me good
>>
>>46413310
>resident dyel skelly
There's this dude that has been going to the local gym for over 5 years now and he's just as skelly as he was before. I learned no to follow the gym's owner advice.
>>
>>46414004
>newfag
>>
>>46414078
Underrated post
>>
>>46419996
Why the fuck would she put skates on first, how is she going to put pants on, God damn it women are are dumb
>>
>>46414826
nah, my gym just has 6 squat racks
>>
>>46414896
>You don't need that much rest.
You rest whatever time you need to rest.
>>
>>46420403
Because it's a photo shoot and isn't supposed to represent real life, my autistic friend.
>>
>>46413376
underrated
>>
>>46415454
>I will fuck you up
No you won't, internet tough guy. You will cry all the way home, tipping your maga hat and shitpost on /fit/, like OP.
>>
>>46410436
>not resting for at least 5 minutes while browsing /fit on your phone
>>
>>46410043
>More than 1 min. of rest.
>Hoards equipment
>is lifting 300+ lbs yet somehow he has a 10lb weight because fuck math.
>Guy who supossedly took his weights properly explained why he did what he did.

This is a bait thread, right?
>>
File: 111.png (56 KB, 621x702)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>46420736
>>
>tfw you don’t talk to anyone at the gym and no weird or annoying interaction has ever happened there
>>
>>46415840
I also do 9 sets of rows, I do this so I can mogg normal people like you.

>>46414206
I can do pulls with 2pl8 attached, chins with 2.5pl8. For sets of 5+. Pulldowns are objectively better isolation.

Why am I even arguing with you, you are probably some natty doing meme low volume "compounds". You are not a beta male, you are the filler male, the average.
>>
>>46410043
stop microloading
>>
I find it funny how autistic /fit/ is, most of the problems I've encountered at the gym got solved simply by talking to the guy, conversation usually goes like this:

>How bro, you finished?
>No but we can do a series each.
>Allright, cool.
>>
>>46421034
Rich is that you
>>
>>46415080
You're a fucking basedboy if you need 10 minutes rest to do your workout and are too afraid of cleaning half of a half your power clean PR because of fatigue.
>>
>>46421072
There were at least 3 stories where anons offered that and the people awkwardly said no and then gave them the stink eye the rest of the time.
>>
>>46415080
>being this new
I have never seen anyone take 10 minutes of rest on ohp and that's coming from a guy who ohp's 225x3
>>
>>46421685
>225x3 OHP

post body
>>
>>46410155
You walk away your done. Eat shit and die you colossal cunt. Get a home gym bitch.
>>
>>46415487
>tfw tac medic and work crazy all over the place hours
Oh well geuss I'm glad I've got a home gym and a dope gym at mainhub. I still go to whack commercial gyms though every now and then just to see normies
>>
>>46420788
>No you won't, internet tough guy. You will cry all the way home, tipping your maga hat and shitpost on /fit/, like OP.
I would whip you like a dirty nigger that you are.
>>
>>46421072
>Series
Serious question: where are you from that a set is called a series?
>>
>>46415018
im conscious about it when im doing ab stuff because i have a disgusting outie :(
>>
>>46414991
Bladderlets
>>
>>46413930
>t. someone who hasnt deadlifted +5pl8 or squatted +4pl8
>>
>>46410043
>do deadlifts with undisclosed weight because I'm weak
>bracing hard so a cystic pimple pops mid lift
>blood running down my face
>leave towel and water there
>wash the area and gone for a good 5 minutes
>come back
>nobody touched my weight or shit
Why aren't you in a non-shit gym?
>>
>>46414017
Nigger
>>
>have gym waifu
>she's doing squats in army camo yoga pants
>literal 5'0 boomer manlet goes up to her on her rest set
>"haha lol i cant see you in those pants lmao"
>the whole gyms face when
>i take his bench while its open
>>
Worst I've seen is bitches doing leg presses with the smith machine while the leg press was open
>>
>>46421780
No you wouldn't, manlet faggot. You would look awkwardly at your shoes like a casual.
>>
I would rest for 30s as well if I was doing my sets with a naked bar, fucking hell /fit/ since when do we allow dyels the right of opinion?
>>
File: My soul.jpg (96 KB, 1200x807)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>Old dude (probably late 60's early 70's)
>Always, without fail wears a black baseball cap, aviators, 2 gold chains (idk if they're fake or not), a pair of lifting gloves, a black shirt and shorts and knee high socks
>Spends 25 minutes on the elliptical going at a leisurely pace and staring at any person that walks by him
>After, he does 45 minutes of half-repped Isolation exercises on one of the larger cable machines (which he manages to take up half of the space due to him flailing)
>One time my buddy asked how many sets this geezer had left and the old fuck said "just got 1 more" and proceeded to do 5 more half rep flailing tricep pushdowns
I hate this old motherfucker so much
>>
>>46410250
Jesus 3.5 minute rest period? Even on low volume days 90 seconds is the max.
>>
>>46413323
What are supersets for 100 please.
>>
>>46416304
what the fuck
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34 KB, 600x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>46410155
>not having your phone on your person at all time listening to that spotify rap or trance playlist
>>
Saw a guy in blue jeans, polo shirt, and running shoes, curling with 2kg dumbbells while wearing a belt.
Curled for 15 minutes and then left.
>>
>>46410412
a guy running a fitness class that's not employed by the gym, isn't that like against the gym rules or something?
>>
>>46423256
Maybe he does it for free and takes his job very seriously.
>>
File: 1528315631369.jpg (169 KB, 730x1500)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>be me
>on treadmill
>lanky dude gets on the treadmill to my left
>whatever
>just quietly doing my cardio, minding my own business
>five minutes in the guy on my left starts making noise
>"FFFFFFFFH... HUH... HUH... HUH... HNNNNNN."
>annoyed, but I work in retail so I'm used to just tuning people out.
>guy is listening to music now, evidently
>"T-TEH-TEHN MILLION FIYA FLIES... I-I H-HATE WHEN I S-SAY GOODBYE..."
>for fuck's sake
>keep working out quietly, but the guy keeps singing the song
>specifically he keeps singing the same line, over and over again
>in the same panting, half out of breath tone
>grates on me
>after a few more minutes the guy evidently finishes his cardio
>see him leave, goes to the weights behind me
>"HNN... F-FFFFEH... HUUUH..."
>"T-Ten million f-fuuuh-ireflies..."
>the fuck just keeps this shit up while he's lifting too.
>>
File: 1528827735415.jpg (348 KB, 1080x1067)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>46411885
> that 40 yo boomer OP is talking about
>>
>>46411709
fuck that, if you're at the other end of the gym doing another workout you don't get to just walk back over and say hey I'm using that, he should have just started lifting, fuck that girl
>>
>>46420815
>browsing and posting on /fit/
>making it
Pick on-wait.
>>
>>46415096
>Trying to impress people by doing retarded handstands at a gym instead of just going outside or staying at home
>>
>>46413376
haha
>>
>>46423369
>not having a stand fight at the gym with your swole bros
>>
File: 1518039034232.jpg (18 KB, 320x253)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>46410250
>>46410436
>>46412891
>>46422695
if you arent resting 3+ minutes on heavy compound you arent trying hard enough, rest you fucking idiots and maybe you'll be able to finally bench 135
>>
>>46423479
>stand fight
is this a jojo's reference
>>
File: gym-part1.jpg (262 KB, 1670x1266)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>
File: gym-part2.jpg (106 KB, 1546x505)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>46423560
>>
>>46415577
i have to squat heavy today

fuck help me pls
>>
>>46410043
>why did he not ask me if I finished or not??

Because you left the room.
>>
>>46410599
>caring about thots
Your first mistake at ASU
>>
File: sparky.gif (24 KB, 900x900)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
>>46423712
sun devils represent

im bout to head down to the sdfc listen to some swans and get my squats in
>>
>>46413283
>I WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING TO HIM CAUSE I WAS TILTED AS FUCK, BUT I ALSO DONT WANT TO RISK FIGHTING AND GETTING KICKED OUT OF GYM
GET MOGGED YA FUCKIN MANLET
>>
>>46412479
kek'd

>>46412665
Yeah and why not snatch your bench press weight instead of racking
>>
File: what.png (161 KB, 513x413)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>at uni gym a few months ago
>big middle cage thing (power cage? idk what one actually looks like desu)
>ask one of the staff if I can deadlift there since the 2 deadlift platforms were taken
>"yeah just don't drop the weight"
I ???????'d in my head. Lowering the weight is half the fucking lift why would I kill my gains

>at gym the other day
>some girl lying on mat doing hip thrusts with ez curl bar
>okay nothing wrong here
>couple minutes later, she gets on her knees and puts the ez curl bar on her back
>does squats on her knees
???????????????????????????????
>>
>>46424021
>does squats on her knees
Wait.. Like how?
I need illustration.
>>
>>46414991
I piss at least twice per workout, excluding the preworkout piss.
>>
>>46412672
Pathetic white assholes
>>
> be me
> one bench in gym
> i occupy it
> warmup set just bar
> sit on bench and watch jeff give tips how to bench
> some guy ask me how many sets i have
> i tell him i just started and because of him i had to watch video again
> forgot my head phones so listen it on my smartphone
> 30 minutes later
> my 3rd set, i build my confidence
> i load up heavy
> 1 plate from each side
> lift 3 times
> look the guy in the eye while he is doing his gay ass barbell bench press
MOGGED
>>
>>46424170
First she's sitting like a docile Japanese wife, and then she pulls herself up to blowjob position.
>>
File: 1a5.png (4 KB, 205x246)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>that 40 something guy that smells like death
>>
>>46424341
The fuck would that even do except give you Exploding Knees
>>
>>46424536
Thots do it because it looks like you're giving a BJ and it supposedly targets glutes.
>>
>>46417393
Yeah right. You probably don’t even fucking go to the gym. Lame ass fake story.
>>
>>46419996
lol
>>
>>46424170
She was just standing on her knees and moving from that position to having her butt on the floor and back up, like a 'squat' but idk what she thought she was doing.
>>
>>46414527
>not marking the territory by peeing around the squat rack before going to pee.
>>
>>46424170
Probably it was some kind of seated good morning
>>
>>46410043
>one squat rack in the entire gym
>be doing pyramids (14/10/7/4/7/10/14)
>enter this fat blonde short goblin
>that NEEDS to use the belt for every single exercise she does, even with a fuckin empty bar.
>at the very least as decent gym knowledge
>realizes what i'm doing and asks if i'll take much longer
>say it will be a while, only halfway
>asks if she can work in
>i ask what she's gonna do (weight, reps, ...)
>she tells me a really low weight, stupid high reps (that are gonna take a long ass time)
>ask her she can maybe start elsewhere since her working in would require adjusting the rack to her height and dropping almost all the weight
>she starts bitching that "it's not YOUR squat rack" and "it's the first exercise on my routine".
>politely tell her that starting with another exercise in her routine would not kill her "gains" and that if she insisted that she HAD to start with squats she could wait.
>she goes do some other shit while i finish up but every once in a while catch her giving me the stink eye
>signal her once i'm done and help her change the weight
>in the bitchiest tone possible she says thank you
>"you're welcome"
>look back and she's doing some quarter squats with a belt on with an almost empty bar
I know I'm not totally clear on this one but she's under 1,50m (5 feet in freedom units). I'm not the tallest guy myself but she had to realize how much she was inconveniencing me with her request. I've caught her several times before and after pulling similar stunts. she almost never puts the weights back. the gym staff don't like very much. no one likes her very much. i have more stories of her if anybody wants.
>>
>>46424256
and the everyone clapped
>>
>>46410043
You obviously dont lift and look big for them to stay away from you in fear.
>>
File: blobha.jpg (90 KB, 852x438)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>46421717
>>
>>46410043
>why did he not ask me if I finished or not??

Because you fucked off to piss and ended up losing your bench to the gym chad. You snooze you lose nerd.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.