[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
https://www.reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here (https://youtu.be/1onQ0nxgWFM)
Old snake juice recipe (https://youtu.be/2vz_U8kxDlg)
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea are generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not really, since the fat you are burning contains most of the vitamins you need.
>>
first
>>
First 48hr. dry fast completed. From 80.3kg to 75.6~kg. Now I'm gonna eat like a pig.
>>
>>46432946
>First 48hr. dry fast completed. From 80.3kg to 75.6~kg.
Well done, although obviously most of that will be water weight unless you've just switched straight from water fasting, in which case (still) quite a lot of it will be water weight.

> Now I'm gonna eat like a pig.
Why though? If you're on a roll, keep going. Pigging out after a brief fast will just reverse what you have spent time and effort getting rid of.
>>
>>46433073
Actually I don't want to be 75kg. I want to bulk, but I also wanted to see how a 48 feels. From now on I'll just do OMAD.
>>
8 days and 17.6 pounds down. 20 more days (hopefully) before my first planned refeed.
>>
23 hours in. Want to see keto start
>>
File: IMG_20170517_072111.jpg (105 KB, 556x767)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>46433222
walk or do something to use up the stored glucose, nice diggs
>>
File: Bayer Ketostix.jpg (23 KB, 500x500)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>46433222
>23 hours in. Want to see keto start

You've got your ketostix handy then?
>>
so i ate some broccoli yesterday and when i pooped i saw the florets, am I digesting them? this is coming from a 5 day fast my poops are solid and they pass easily
>>
>>46433073
Hey keto brah the last thread pruned before I could ask you my question about weighing myself while doing OMAD. At the end of the day yesterday before I ate I was 173. I woke up this morning at 176 and after that I've already taken two dumps. Should I count 173 as my true weight and recalculate my calories for it?
>>
>>46433344
Went to every store in the area. Had to buy from amazon, theyll Be here tomorrow
>>
Just finished my first 72 hour fast. I broke the fast with a small piece of tomato. Minutes after just that one piece I felt my asshole get extremely hot, then spent most of the day on the toilet shitting black water regardless of what I ate. I know it's not uncommon. I just wanted to post in case someone experiences the same thing and starts to panic.
>>
>>46433405
It comes back to the good old scientific method. If you want to be able to track weight consistently then you should measure it consistently.

Sure, feel free to weigh yourself infinity times a day if you like (when I was starting out I was probably weighing myself naked 5 times a day), but you should only weigh yourself and record it once per day, which is your "official record" and it should be consistent, which is why I suggest doing it after the first piss of the day, but before you eat or drink anything (which appears quite common)

If you weigh yourself multiple times a day you SHOULD (not absolutely will) notice that your weight creeps up during the day and drops overnight. This is usually because we drink far more water than the weight of the fat being burnt and most of the excess water is either excreted (sweating and breathing water vapour) or urinated out of the system, hence the point about weighing yourself after the first piss of the day and before eating or drinking.

It's only a recommendation though, you are free to choose your own measurement point, just explaining why I've chosen mine.
>>
did a 22 hour fast today for the first time. started to get light headed after hour 20, and even after eating, i got some dizzy spells

didnt concern me too much but surely im not THAT addicted to carbs that i cannot go almost a day without feeling like shit if i dont eat them?

im 95KG and 6 foot, so not overly overweight either..
>>
>>46433516
wanna get back on that dryfast vs waterfast when lean.

so you would say i try to recreate my 8 day hard dryfast i did last month to get to my desired bf?

also with set point i mainly mean that i will set a weight point for myself which i will not cross no matter what. so before drinking in the evening i will weigh myself and see how much i am allowed to drink/eat then that should get to maintenance calories in a week or so as i keep losing fat and need more to get to my set point during feeding time.
>>
>>46433637
>but surely im not THAT addicted to carbs that i cannot go almost a day without feeling like shit if i dont eat them?

Try telling that to a heroin or meth addict.

Just because sugar is sold in bulk in every store in the land doesn't mean your body isn't addicted to it in exactly the same way as it gets addicted to other substances.

This is why going through a period of eating ketogenically (i.e. cutting out sugar and all other forms of bad carbs) is such a good idea BEFORE you start fasting as it makes the introduction to fasting far easier (although full fat adaption takes longer...about 6 weeks or so)

I did exactly this when starting and found the transition into fasting (gnawing hunger excepted) relatively straight forward.
>>
File: 6337442.jpg (99 KB, 736x757)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>accidentally dry fast for 3 days
I woke up in the middle of the night wide awake. I think I would have killed someone for a bottle of water.
>>
>>46433729
Uuuuuh, where do you live anon?
>>
>>46433739
Cali.
>>
>>46433689
>so you would say i try to recreate my 8 day hard dryfast i did last month to get to my desired bf?

8 days dry fasting is a lot, so big props for achieving that. If you can repeat it without causing yourself problems then you should definitely do that to really reduce the body fat %.

You might notice a big rebound when you come off the dry fasting, but this will be water weight for obvious reasons your body will be dehydrated.
>>
i'm on hour 61 of dry fast
it's hard
>>
My fasting schedule is 22/2, basically 2 meals. I’m consuming 150 grams of protein a day, so about 75 grams of protein a meal, split between a protein shake, nuts, eggs, salmon, and random shit my wife cooks, pot roast, chicken and dumplings, etc. etc. Will my body be able to process the protein in this short window or should widen my eating window to something like 20/4 or 18/6? I read an article that said fasting benefits peak between the 18th and 24th hour of fasting. I’m trying to keep what muscle I have but lose fat from my midsection. Thanks in advance
>>
>>46433973
>My fasting schedule is 22/2, basically 2 meals.

So, you have 2 meals within a 2 hour window?
>>
>>46434075
4:15 pm, then about a little over an hour later 5:30-45
>>
Is it necessary to spread the snake juice throughout the day, or can I take a concentrated shot of salt and potassium in the morning and drink pure water throughout the day?
>>
>>46434075
Let me suck your stinky old dick. Now.
>>
>>46434292
>Is it necessary to spread the snake juice throughout the day, or can I take a concentrated shot of salt and potassium in the morning and drink pure water throughout the day?

The reason that we dilute the salt and potassium chloride in so much water is because if they are too concentrated they trigger gag / vomit reaction.

Maximum concentration I have managed is without vomiting is about 3 grams to 1 pint of water and even then I got the liquid shits (which was intentional, since I was triggering a "salt water flush").

Don't believe me? try it...
>>
Am I guaranteed to experience lithium toxicity if I dry fast on lithium?
>>
>>46434387
Now.
>>
>>46433973
Impossible to say as protein absorption rates vary according to the food being consumed (whey shakes are about 8 - 10 grams per hour, whereas cooked eggs are 3 grams per hour)

Same applies to the quantity of protein that is absorbed, varies by foodstuff being consumed, but the basic principle is that the slower food moves through the digestive system, then the more that is absorbed.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/90/5/1244/4598111
>>
>>46434538
Let me do it you hungry old buttfaggot.
>>
i'm on my 2'nd day of what i hope to be a 8 day fast, i'm working out less than i normaly do, but i'm feeling dizzy and i loose balance if i stand up for too long.
Is this normal/expected and will pass or should i stop fasting?
it's my first day going for more than a day
>>
Failed my 128 hour fast, did 95 instead.

here's my fasting journal entry so you can not make the same dumb mistakes:

6/10/18-6/13/18: (caffiene and artificial sweetener aided)
95 hour fast, cut short due to intense cravings and lack of energy. Could have been improved by having a set of activities/tasks/etc that needed to be done rather than be left to think of nothing but food. Also felt heavy heart beats and sometimes increased heart rate, this may have been due to not consuming enough electrolytes/water, try upping consumption next time. No sort of bowel movements, even diarrhea, during fast could have also been a sign that electrolytes/hydration were lacking.
>>
>>46434676
feeling the same way rn m8
>>
>>46434610
>Let me do it you hungry old buttfaggot.
I'm not stopping you from doing anything, just telling you that there is no easy answer to the question about protein absorption and IF.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaLSzBXZaM
>>
File: 000000001 (1).jpg (35 KB, 612x612)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
I will be having my Keto-refeed meal of the week on Saturday after fasting for a week. My friends and I are gonna take a boat to skerries near the coast and stay the night there fishing, blazing and cooking on open fire. Use those cravings of yours and help me come up with keto food to take with me. Things that have come to my mind:
>the fish we might catch
>shitload of sausage
>cheese to put in sausage
>bacon to wrap around
>pork chops to grill
>cheddar sauce and beef jerky to dip in it.
>>
>>46434982
fine and dandy
all will be screwed up by booze I presume
>>
>>46435004
Fortunately not, I will not bring any and my friends usually only take just a few ones while smoking reefers so they won't have any to share. I'd be more worried about them bringing candy but I'm too strong willed for slipping this far into my diet.
>>
Checking in.

Im just about hitting two weeks of intermittent fasting. Only eating in between 2:30 pm and 9:30pm. Just coffee and water in between. My coworker just randomly asked me if I had lost some weight. Think im making it. Encouraged to see it through and see where it leads.
>>
>>46435072
go omad
>>
>>46435082
what is that?
>>
>>46434837
he's talking about drinking pee
>>
>>46435102
one meal a day
>>
>>46435072
Good shit. 7 hour period is overall really good and there is no reason to repair what is working. That being said, when your body gets used to it you could try going omad on rest days for starters and then try doing omad on workdays.

My negatives from doing omad is that it is clearly harder to get sleep if I do not get to bed withing 2 hours of eating since I get so big energy boost after that. Other than that it's always much more handier and one could say more benefitial for fat loss to go omad.
>>
>>46435105
And? You can drink anything after dry fasting for 2 days and it will taste like nectar.
>>
>>46435143
I know it makes sense now
but it got me out of leftfield
>>
>>46435110
I mean this seems to be working well in a brief window of time id like to try this for a month at least before variating.
>>
>>46435176
I'm went full omad from zero
the window may become a crutch
>>
want to fast, but want to bulk

tips?

its 7pm and I've been eating 9-12am, and I'm hungry
>>
>>46435143
can it be cooled or had to be hot from the pee tap?
>>
>>46435285
I was watching some shit on urine therapy and some guy said it shouldn't be cooled, but it can stay in a bottle for months, even if you don't close the lid for a long time.
If you are going to do this, it only makes sense to put the first piss after your last meal in a bottle, because it would have the most nutrients and shieeet.
>tfw saying internet strangers to drink their piss
A whole new level of irony.
>>
>>46435284
Higher calories so stop eating dumb shit like broccoli, eat meat and fruits, learn to eat faster, do squats for appetite, and do OMAD with a small window (3 hours max) or alternate day fasting (about 40:8 hour window, you eat before and after training and then skip the next day, that is if you train 3 days/week).
Count yer calories.
>>
>>46435358
is training while fasting bad?
>>
>>46435390
nope
>>
>>46435390
I like it.
>>
>>46435358
sounds good thanks man/m8

any more tips if I wanna eat vegetarian?
>>
>>46435645
Yeah. Don't. Simple as that. Meat is irreplaceable.
>>
>>46435661
dairy/beans/grains not possible?
>>
>>46435645
Eat a lot of eggs, fish (if you can), cheese, yogurt.
Don't go vegan.
If you do it for moral reasons then just eat something that's been raised on a nice farm every once in a while.
>>
>>46435673
>Beans on OMAD while wanting to bulk
mein sides
>GOMAD on OMAD
oww mein asshole
>grains
supplementary. Carrots and potatoes and other stuff can be good for you.
>>
>>46435645
>any more tips if I wanna eat vegetarian?
dont be a fag
>>
Can I take zinc suplement for prolonged fasting and not to fuck the autophagy porcess? Can I drink coffe?

Also what is the correct diet for not being a huge faggot?
>>
>>46434777
You misunderstand. I'm >>46434440 and >>46434330 .
>>
File: 1513851022728.png (364 KB, 650x750)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>46435780
Stop harassing old men. Or at least do it for money. He is not even fat or faceless, raise your standards you slutty loli.
>>
File: 1528787483772.jpg (54 KB, 793x786)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
I just broke my first water fast (49 hours) with tomato soup and vomited it all up and started pissing out of my ass. I feel so much sicker now; before I ate I felt fine. Is food a Jewish trick?
>>
>>46435866
yes anon
>>
>>46435866
>tomato soup
For me, it's orange juice. Also the shits are to be expected.
>>
What are the sources/reasoning about ADF being worse for muscle than other protocols?
>>
File: gjrtjydjyj.png (72 KB, 149x190)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
Woke up today and decided not to drink water. Been doing OMAD a few days no problem so thought fuck it, I'll go until my body decides I should stop. Currently almost 24hr on the food and about 20hr on the water. Went out and bought some coconut water to break the fast on eventually, got some baking soda already.

Gonna be a fun couple of days.
>>
Alternate day fasting or small eating window. Hmmm
>>
>>46435768
>Can I take zinc suplement for prolonged fasting and not to fuck the autophagy porcess?
yes
>Can I drink coffe?
yes if no sugar neither sweeter, but is a unecessary stimulant
>>
>>46435982
smallest = 30m
>>
>>46435678
I do it for spiritual well-being reasons. Feel lighter and calmer desu.
>>
>>46436014
You think 30 meters is a small window? That's the biggest window I've ever heard of!
>>
>>46436018
That's a placebo but I sincerely don't judge, I understand.
I used to do it too (I allowed fish and eggs) back when I was really into Buddhism.
>>
>>46436045
I'm in that phase as we speak
>>
>>46436045
>>46436058
Lol have you people ever spent time in Myanmar or Sri Lanka and talked to monks. They are violent, chauvinistic cunts to put it politely.
>>
>>46436044
30 parsecs
>>
>>46436068
How so
>>
>>46436075
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>46436058
Awesome. Unironically helped me grow mentally.
Make sure to meditate and to make it a habit that you keep. Same with reading.

>>46436068
I haven't. I live in Greece so there's nothing buddhist here.
You make a good point (no reason to not believe you) but I don't really care how they are/what they do. For me, it's a great outlook on life.
>>
>>46433511
Thank you anon, looking forward to my murky shits
>>
>>46436091
Let's just say it's easy to see why Buddhist nationalism led to massacres and various other atrocities against minorities in both countries.
>>
>>46436105
>LARPing this hard
Θα μπορούσες τουλάχιστον να πεις ότι πιστεύεις στον Δια.
>>
>>46436149
Θα φαινόμουν πολύ πιο άλφα, αλλά ήδη είμαι μισός Σπαρτιάτης οπότε πόσο αkόμα;
>>
>>46432640
I have recently gone back to swimming because it yields the best results for me in losing weight and reaching the body type that best suits me. Is it safe to do water fasting while doing a cardio intensive activity like swimming? And how often should I fast and go back to eating?
>>
>>46436182
Once you get fat adapted from fasting you'll be able to swim so much fucking more it's going to seem ridiculous.
>t. used to do water polo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxj8Ka4YvFY
>>
Im at hour 92 and i crave this stupid salad that's sitting inside my fridge and its driving me mad. I think i will break my fast i cant take it anymore im not even fat
>>
>>46436230
I’ve been trying to go omad with keto stuff when I do eat, but I get ravenous when I get back from the gym at night. What sort of schedule do you recommend for the kind of activity I’m engaging? And what about food? Regular keto? I’ve gone back to swimming because I love it and I want to lose weight. I have already lost some weight in the two weeks I’ve gone back to it but I want to go back to where I was in my swimming prime.
>>
>>46436356
If you wanna lose weight I do recommend keto. I also recommend it for health. Don't be afraid of fruit, carrots or a sweet potato though, just:
1. keep your carbs in check
2. get 1-2g protein/kg of bodyweight
3. fill with healthy fats

This is optimal for insulin levels (you will live a better life overall).
You might lose performance in the beginning, but stick with it and you'll be fine in a week or so if you train hard.
Basically, eat at night after your training - that means train fasted. You will sleep like a baby and you will feel light af doing your swimming, never sluggish.

I wish I could go swimming. It's been 3 years since I ruptured my eardrum from a fucking dive (stupid me going 5-7 meters deep in the sea for no reason without any gear) and I got cholasteatoma. I had two surgeries and removed it, and yet I still have a hole in my eardrum. Sorry for the blog post, but be happy you can swim if you enjoy it.
>>
>>46436434
Healthy fats like what? I’ve been trying to get my hands on lard but it’s kind of hard in my neck of the woods. I do have access to salted raw butter, if that’s any help.
>>
>>46436566
Fatty fish like salmon are god tier for omega-3 fatty acids.
Other than that, avocados, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil and grass-fed butter are really good.
The fatty cuts of red meat get a bad rap but if you don't eat them with carbs they're great as well.
Fat in cheese and yogurt and shit I have no idea but I assume it's the same as with butter but maybe more processed?

The rule of thumb is eat as unprocessed as you can.
Peanut butter with 1 ingredient (100% peanuts) is great. Peanut butter with hydrogenated oil is awful.
>>
>>46436622
Oh I forgot, egg yolks are also rich in omega 3. As for nuts, I guess more specifically walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds.
>>
Had a small bowel blockage, got a free 5 day fast w/ IV fluids only. Luckily no surgery or NG tube, fucking crohns. Lost ~15 lbs and I don't feel too trashed, guess I'll see what the gym is like on sunday.
>>
hungry lads not gonna lie. It goes away after a few days r-r-right?
>>
>>46437008
it is all mental
>>
File: 1528630488111.jpg (45 KB, 640x960)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I was planning a 14 day fast. I quit today at day 13.
I usualy do 5-6 day fasts then omaw

I couldn't take it guys. Not just the super lack of energy. But god damn my mind. I was super depressed and not in a good place at all. I had a chicken salad and now i feel great.

I love how fasting makes weightloss easy. I have lost a bunch because im a fatty. But dudes this was on a whole nother level.

Is it just me, or is this something everyone gets when you go that long?
>>
Brocoli
yay or nay
>>
>>46437183
quitter fag
>>
>>46432640
Where's the best place to buy the salt and potassium?
>>
>>46437203
ebay
>>
>>46437203
ugay
>>
>>46437183
how much you lose after refeed?
>>
>>46437183

I went 43 days back in october, I was 262lb when i started and finished at 205lb (upto 210-211 after water weight).

I supplemented every day and felt fine up until the end; in which i started getting some minor pain in what felt like my gall bladder and was getting increasingly more easily light headed from bending down.

I would say that after like day 30; the hunters high I had since like day 3-4 was diminishing; and every day after I started getting progressively weaker/lethargic.

On around day 41, I experienced a weird sensation (usually work in a plain shirt due to a hot environment, but I felt extremely cold, even when some of my coworkers were visibly sweating).
>>
>>46437650
hows it going now lad? You still fasting
>>
>>46436182
I do an hours cycling each day (10 laps of the local park = 10.06 miles. Reasonably steady pace gives a good cardiovascular workout, nothing spectacular.
>>
>>46437650

Down to 167lb now, I've been doing short fasts alongside IF; also trying to build muscle atm.

Basically combining a high protein diet with IF.
>>
>>46437691
>>46437803

crap, replied to wrong post
>>
>>46437183
>I was planning a 14 day fast. I quit today at day 13

So, you successfully completed a 13 day fast. Well done you.
>>
hey fasters, oh especially you >>46437801 you're smart. i want to get a big jug for mixing snake juice in. not plastic because of the BPAs or whatever. would stainless steel be ok or would saltwater corrode that and get the water all rusty? do i need to get glass?
>>
>>46437816
crap! i hate when that happens! FUCK!!!!! FUCKING HATE WHEN THAT FUCKING HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEEL SO BAD 4 U RITE NOW BECCUZ OF WHAT HAPIND!!!!!! FUCK BRUH!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUKKKKK BRUUUUUHHHHHH
>>
>>46437906
wut
>>
>>46437934
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
feel so bad 4 u
>>
>>46436354
throw it out.
its the only way.
>>
>>46437887
Just get glass
>>
>>46437946
rim me out.
youre the only gay.
>>
>>46437984
Or copper is also cool
>>
>>46433973
Fast dude. Going with a complete 48-72 how fast is going to be more muscle sparing then a 2 hour eating window
>>
>>46435982
I just do one meal. That is one sitting. When I am done eating that meal, my fast starts again. Also I never do keto though. Been losing weight steadily though. 1 lb a day on average for 1 month. so anywhere from .8 to 1.4 lbs.
>>
>>46434292
Ulcers
>>
48 hours done in 20 minutes lads, give me strength
>>
>>46438035
what kind of calorie deficit on your 1 meal?
and if you dont count whats your meal look like
>>
>>46438039
Excuse me? Are you trying to say something?
>>
>>46438058
36 here anon, keep it up
>>
>>46438071
>>46438058
67 you motherfuckers. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS. DRY TOO. i felt like shit at y'alls numbers but now i feel great. power through my negroes.
>>
>>46438071
Thanks anon
>>
>>46438035
Damn but I'm skinny and don't wanna lose more weight. Guess I'll just do sporadic fasts once in a while.
>>
Just ate some chicken tikka masala, bolty tiger prawn, vegetable korma and four naan. Washed it all down with a liter of coke. I probably gained four pounds. JUST
>>
>>46438356
>a liter of coke.
no excuse for this. the naan is pushing it but coke? come on homie. drink water.
>>
File: kevinthekitten.jpg (17 KB, 206x274)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>46432827
first post summer post
>pic related me holding your summer ass
>>
>>46437887
Why not do what I do and use glass measuring jugs like pyrex? Alternately find a BPA-free plastic, since there are lots of them around nowadays.

The problem with stainless steel is that it makes the measurement harder, since you can't see through it to view the water levels as you can with plastic or glass.

https://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Safe-BPA-Free-Plastics
>>
>>46436068
some people believe the noble savage meme.
>>
>>46438039
>Ulcers
This bullshit again? Seriously?

You get ulcers from an infection of Helicobacter pylori bacteria, not from eating too much spicy food or salt or alcohol or any of the other bullshit excuses that have arisen over the years.

Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren won the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 2005 for proving this back in the 1980's.

https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2005/press.html

It's 2018 for fucks sake!
>>
>>46437188
nay. meat potatoes and fat.
>>
>>46438062
No calorie deficit that I know of. I try and eat as much as possible. Last night my wife made Biscuits and gravy(bacon grease for the gravy) eggs, potatoes, bacon. I ate 4 biscuits with gravy, 10 pieces of bacon, 3 helpings of potatoes, 5 eggs. I never drink soda or juice. I had some chocolate for desert. Tbh I wanted some pancakes too.
>>
>>46438856
I did so much nasty sexual stuff to your wife, bro.
>>
>>46438878
thanks, she probably needed it.
>>
>>46438905
oh she was not happy about it.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 432x340)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>46438380
>>
>>46438924
that sounds normal from my experience.
>>
>>46438982
it's funny that we both rape that clown. at least she makes you food.
>>
Damn it, just realized that after fighting through the first few days of suffering, I'm going to have to break my fast for Father's Day.
>>
>>46439528
F
my brother graduates tomorrow and we have family over, but ive just finished 3rd day... dont want to break it
>>
>>46438713
The bacteria are already present in the gut, fucking up your stomach lining gives them an opportunity to colonize an area.

You really need to read the contents of that page you're linking to.

But yes, the reason you don't want to drink too much snake juice at once isn't because of ulcers, but because you might shit your brains out.
>>
Should i fast to get rid of loose skin if I am at a really low bf% (3-4% according to online calulators
>>
>>46439635
pic
>>
>>46439635
PIC!! PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>46439763
>>46439816
hold up im getting one
>>
>>46439821
OK THX
>>
File: IMG_20180614_190224060[1].jpg (1.17 MB, 2448x3264)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>46439826
spooky
>>
>>46439850
thought you would be a delusional whale
imo eat a shit ton for a few days, like 5k cals. then dry fast for a day or two
>>
>>46439862
Aright thanks, I already eat around 3k calories a day in an attempt to gain weight but i guess i need to step it up.
>>
>>46439885
so you lost weight and now you can no longer put it back on?
>>
>>46439962
Yeah, I went from being a binge eater to an anorexic and I've been able to get from 140-ish to 152 but ive been having trouble gaining any more, i drink milk like water, not at gomad levels but usually 3-4 cups a day.
>>
>>46439997
eat ice cream.
>>
>>46439997
how much did you weigh when you were fat? or can we get a bmi?
>>
>>46439997
CAN A NIGGA GET A BMI
>>
>>46440028
The most i weighed was 220 when i was 12 and around 5'4''
>>
>>46440040
20.6 right now
>>
I am fasting since sunday, nearly died bench pressing 1pl8 today.

Guess I will break the fast on saturday, do a maintenance week and try again after this.

Can't really do cardio, even walking speed lowered.

Fucking afraid of weighing myself and seeing no loss.
>>
I'm on a 5 day fart and it's really hard. I've never farted this long before.
>>
Dry fasting(2 days in)
Job interview tomorrow would a shower right before fuck me up?
>>
>>46440592
no. unless you are gonna drink the water?
>>
File: 1503439953377(2).png (144 KB, 900x671)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>46440155
Hehehe
>>
>>46435914
Where did you hear that?
>>
>>46440083
Don't fast for that long man, do ADF if you wanna build muscle and lose fat.
>>
I've never fasted before. Would it be fine to start a fast going from 7pm EDT this Sunday to the same time next Friday? Or should I start off lighter for my first fast?
>>
holy shit I actually made it 24 hours. I'm feeling fucking amazing. hopefully I won't feel like total shit in the morning as I want to go at least 3 days
>>
tfw family over and mom cooks garlic beard, beefy ribs, and a giant homemade pie
tfw i dont break fast
>>
>>46432640
So I started OMAD for 24 days eating 500 calories a day and i lost weight quickly and felt great. However I began to develop anemia (dad's a doctor and saw the signs) So now im eating smarter and getting more nutrients only issue is that I am now up to 800-1000 calories a day. I weighed 232 and after 22 days I was down to 208. Now on 1000 im up to 211. Will this even out after my body gets used to it? im still at 1000 calorie deficit and everything. Anything would be a help brehs...
>>
File: 19786109786556.gif (1.85 MB, 636x288)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>46441392
You reminded me.. Was talking to a coworker today. We were finishing up a job, he has to work a half hour longer because I work through lunch.
>You skip lunch?
>Ya I eat one meal a day
>ONE MEAL A DAY?!?? THATS NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU
>I just did a 6 day fast, the last 2 days of it were without water
>his face when

every. fucking. time.
>>
Anyone ever try a OMAD whey fast?
>>
Ok, so today I had diarrhea after I broke my 30 hr fast

Is this a detox symptom? Or is it just my body freaking out due to the sudden change and it doesn't mean a thing?
>>
>>46441859
I'm a bit stoned right now but this made me chuckle a lot
>>
>>46442672
It's normal
>>
>>46441670
it's ok buddy, go ahead and eat your mother's giant homemade pie. it won't break your fast unless you swallow.
>>
>>46442709
what does it mean though?
>>
>>46442672
pics?
>>
>>46442754
of the diarrhea? i didn't think to save it.
>>
>>46442672
What was the meal you ate?
>>
>>46442737
I have no fucking clue.
i don't have explosive shit soup coming out of my ass when i refeed on veggies and meat, but when i eat carb heavy meals i do.
So i suggest you try both types of refeed and see what works.
Also don't eat sugar while beginning a refeed, it's not good for you.
>>
>>46442796
...pizza
>>
>>46442810
too salty you fucking idiot, of course your shat your pants
>>
>>46442810
...fuck off
>>
File: 1528849709960.jpg (844 KB, 1500x1000)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
Im currently on an 80hr dryfast and I want to keep going but I have a calculus 4 exam tomorrow and i have to walk a very long flight of stairs to reach the classroom. Im worried about my mental fogginess and my energy levels, should I break the fast or go take the exam gung ho?

How should I refeed? I bought 2 liters of coconut juice, got pork knuckle broth. Can I eat solids?
>>
>>46442835
eat solids, drink liquids, breathe gases. seems to check out bro
>>
>96 hours into my fast
>planning to eat a steak salad with my GF tomorrow
>224lbs to 209lbs in a little under two weeks

It's going to be glorious. Eating on weekends seems to be a good way to maintain weight loss while still having social availability.
>>
I skipped a meal today, a big deal for me who realized he's addicted to food. Surprisingly feeling great.
>>
>>46443193
The first time you go a whole day without eating is a real eye opener.
>>
>>46443193

>>46443227
^^ This guy is speaking the fucking truth. I felt like a superhero the day after. It didn't get easy until day 3, but I couldn't believe I could go that long without food. Fucking crazy eye opening experience.
>>
>>46435866
Holy shit what is wrong with people's bodies that fasting for 48 hours (which is basically just one full day of not eating) makes them vomit from both ends?

Ended my last 48hr fast with a bigass burger and fries. no issues. Maybe I'm just used to it now; I never got a severe reaction from eating food, not even after my last 96 hr fast...
>>
Finished my 1.5 year tech school, and gained back the 30lbs I lost in basic. Time to start fasting boiieeess.
>>
>>46439997
Eat a hyphy burrito a day
>>
File: 1526711846137.png (115 KB, 777x898)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>tfw crush on a girl that i really liked, had similar hobbies and everything, talked for ages every day
>asked her out, hasnt responded for nearly a week

already 5 days into a fast, turns out its easy to not eat when you feel like shit, better fast away this depressing sadness.
>>
>>46443447
>asked her out
spotted the problem
>>
>>46443447
>I don't feel so fast...
>>
12 hours in my first water fast, just experience a small craving I realize thats not real hunger and it went away very quickly.
Going for 24+, can someone give me some insight to the upcoming pangs I might feel? And how to deal with it? I'm assuming its just as simple as using willpower.
>>
Just passed the 72 hour mark and did about an hour of fasted cardio on my bicycle.

The past two days have been rough. Does it get easier when fasting in the future? I've been considering doing 24-72 hr fasts every week.

I'm planning to push through, past the 100 hour mark, and break my fast sometime Saturday morning/afternoon, around 108 hours.
>>
I want to lose 20 lbs in a month can I do that with fasting
>>
>>46440155
BRAAAAAAP
>>
>>46436566
Chicken thighs too bro. Tons of fat. You can peel the skin off of them, fry them up to rend out the fat, and use the fat for cooking or to dress up salad.
>>
Does eating calories break the period where I am not supposed to eat calories?
>>
>>46439552
My favorite part about fasting has been the lying.

>oh wow, that looks really good, too bad I just had a big breakfast!

>that sounds fun, too bad I have a bunch of food at home to eat already!

>oh, ice cream? here, you can have mine, I don't want to ruin my dinner!
>>
>>46443683
maybe , sometimes
what did you eat ?
and dont say your cum
>>
>>46443724
I'm really happy that I've always denied food-based social pressure, all my friends now that it's pointless to ask if I want something as I'll ask instead if I really want it and they know that I'm quite ok going to a restaurant with them without ordering anything. No problems with fasting and social situations, everyone knows and respects my eating as my business as it's always been that way for me.
>>
Should I bother doing body weight exercises while fasting?
>>
>>46444078
Yes.
>>
on a long fast, is it normal to get sore from workouts? does it matter?
>>
>>46444109
I figured the reason I cant do pushups and pullups are mainly because I am 40 lbs overweight.
>>
>>46444279
It's just more weight bro. Work your way up!
>>
had so much difficulty last night. spend at least 4 hours trying to get my mind off the hunger. like the hunger was not going away like normally. i just kept telling myself that if i was gonna eat i was gonna do it tomorrow morning and not at 2:00 night. gonna go to the gym now and probably be back at 11:00 i will see how i feel then.
>>
>>46444393
who cares
>>
>>46444574
Y u reply then
>>
>>46444599
because i care :)
keep it going, friend!
>>
>>46444605
Not him tho
>>
>>46444635
oh. well then FUCK YOU, hope you fail, faget!
>>
Anyone take supplements like Synephrine on fasts?

Just wonder how it could effect a fast, I at the moment take a caffeine pill and synephrine, and the fast is scheduled to be over 10 days.
>>
>>46444764
I have to add, I'm on day 3 and I've had actual zero hunger because of these stimulants. Feels a bit too good to be true, could these be having an ill effect?
>>
>>46444078
>Should I bother doing body weight exercises while fasting?
The weight drops of quicker if you do some form of aerobic exercise (cycling, swimming, etc.), especially if you keep liquids to a minimum as it acts as a barrier to water retention.
>>
>>46433637
>95 180cm

You are fuxking fat my man
Im 188 85kg and with decent amount of muscle and i could still lose quite a bit
>>
>>46445124
normies would call him a healthy weight. i think thats what he means.
>>
>>46433637
>im 95KG and 6 foot, so not overly overweight either..

Unless you are carrying a massive amount of muscle and we're talking Olympic weightlifter type levels then you are overweight to the point of obesity.

>>46445175
>normies would call him a healthy weight.

Maybe, but normies are fucked up in the head, which is why they are normies.
>>
>>46433851
keep going anon
>>
>>46445249
Heyoo! You drink snake juice?
>>
>>46433851
>dry fasting

Literally why.
>>
>>46445299
oh that was me! i broke it. got to 78 but i had to stop because i have to do some dumb fucking shit tomorrow. umm.. the snake manlet said it was good to dry fast because my fat has water in it so my body will burn the fat to get water.
>>
>>46445288
>Heyoo! You drink snake juice?
Sure, although I drink a mix of 3 grams pure salt and 7 grams potassium chloride, which is the most my body can tolerate.

Then again, I fast pretty much continuously, just with weekly or fortnightly breaks, depending upon how I feel.

I've fasted 148 days out of the last 213, so without snake juice I would have been killed by hypokalemia related ventricular tachycardia by now.
>>
>>46445359
so what are your most current stats?
>>
>>46445312
>the snake manlet said it was good to dry fast because my fat has water in it so my body will burn the fat to get water

Fuck me, but that is the most retarded interpretation of what happens that I've ever heard.

What actually happens is that as you burn fat, the fat cells shrink (because they are now empty) and to preserve the structural integrity of the skin your body fills the fat cells with water, which weighs pretty much the same weight.

This is what happens when you are fasting and consuming calories, but your weight is plateauing or not falling as fast as expected.

The key to solving this is to deliberately restrict the amount of water you are consuming.

Dry fasting is one way of dealing with this and anecdotal evidence suggests it increases weight loss (really just water loss), by about 20-25% by preventing the body storing water in fat cells.

Another approach is to undertake aerobic exercise in the evening, but NOT to replenish with water during or after exercise (my current favoured approach), this forces the body to recycle the water it has stored in fat cells to deal with dehydration.
>>
>>46445406
you're being mean as if i'm not the guy who asks to suck your old-ass penis all the time.
>>
>>46443496
More of the same.
>>
>>46441233
its fine. report back on your progress.
>>
>>46443559
yes.
>>
>>46445406
is this right or are you talking out of your bum-bum?
>>
>>46445374
>so what are your most current stats?

Height: 1.73M / 5'8"
Current Weight: 78.8 KG / 173.7 pounds / 12.4 stone / BMI 26
Weight Loss: 37.2 KG / 82.1 pounds / 5.86 stone

Weight Loss Targets:
====================
Initial 68.00 KG / 149.91 pounds / 10.71 stone / BMI 23 - 78% complete
Stretch 1 60.00 KG / 132.28 pounds / 9.45 stone / BMI 20 - 66% complete
Stretch 2 55.40 KG / 122.14 pounds / 8.72 stone / BMI 18 - 61% complete

In fairness, it has taken longer than I had hoped, primarily due to problems with water retention and an attack of hypokalemia related ventricular tachycardia at the end of February, but from my perspective, as long as the trend is downwards, the rate is not critical. I will get there when I get there.
>>
>>46445486
If you get down to your stretch 2 target, do you promise to post your penis? You can post it in a /soc/ thread under the name Harold, nobody will know it's you except me and anyone else who can see this.
>>
>>46445486
honestly man i've got so much belly flab, seems like that means i have a lot of fat cells that won't go away. not sure if any of this is worth it. not even overweight anymore, just have all this flab.
>>
>>46445560
pics
>>
>>46445560
>that means i have a lot of fat cells that won't go away

Fat cells don't die or get recycled when you lose weight, they just shrink (unless filled with water to preserve structural integrity as mentioned above), so they are always with you even if they are drained of water and fat.

Even anorexics and Auschwitz victims still had all of their fat cells, which is why they returned to normal when they started eating properly again.

All you need to do is force your fat cells to drain (as I have done, successfully, shrinking from a 48" waist to a 34" waist and still going down)

Fasting is the solution to your problem, nothing else is required (other than snake juice, obviously)
>>
>>46437183
21 days. Day 3 or so was the hardest.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.38 MB, 2030x2932)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
>>46445567
>>46445620
i can't imagine this ever looking ok though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (565 KB, 2312x3371)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>46445668
like is this too many fat cells to just shrink up? will my body really eat this up if i go to a lower weight?
>>
>>46445668
>>46445694
i've never seen this amount of subcutaneous belly fat in a before picture of anything that looked decent afterwards. am i fucked?
>>
>>46445808
What weight did you start at and what height?
>>
>>46445668
>>46445694

Keep losing, then get it all cut off with a tuck. Costs a lot, but will be better than being overweight.
>>
>>46445668
>>46445694
Dry fast
If it doesnt help
Then get surgery
>>
File: 7882243.jpg (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>tfw 36 hours into my first dry fast

Hunger is fucking nothing. Holy fuck I want a drink.
>>
>>46445902
Yeah water fast is baby shit compared to dry fasting
I went for 48 soft and holy fuck you get to appreciate what you have in life afterwards
>>
>>46445902
literal holocaust simulation with no real benefits over normal fasting by the way
>>
>>46445820
270 at 5'10 down to 155.
>>
>>46446378
>270 at 5'10 down to 155.

Fuck me, that's excellent. That's what? 115 pounds down. No wonder you're looking a bit saggy around the middle.

As others have said, try dry fasting and take photos so that you can see the differences (since they might not be obviously apparent, even to yourself), week on week snapshots should show you whether dry fasting is effective for this sort of thing or not.

Anecdotally, we believe it is, but don't have much hard evidence because people tend to be ashamed of this sort of thing.
>>
>>46445997
I'm seeing if the more aggressive and faster onset autophagy will help rid me of a couple things. Ketosis is triggered faster with dry fasting also.

Plus it's an interesting challenge, I've had trouble with sugar cravings my whole life.
>>
File: 1498125748532.gif (132 KB, 560x315)
132 KB
132 KB GIF
>Take a cold shower
>Get really into it, feel amazing
>Start scrubbing my body with my loofah
>The cold has made my nipples rock hard
>Practically cut my nipples as I scrub against them with my loofah
Well that was pretty painful.
>>
I'm looking for the Expanding Brain meme on fasting. It goes through standard diet, me to, OMAD, omaw, water fasting, and dry fasting.
>>
File: 1528041930821.jpg (1.45 MB, 862x3832)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>46446563
Here you go my man
>>
I'm currently doing my first water fast, 72hrs in. Will fasting help me control my eating habits when I refeed? I tend to overeat.
>>
I just completed my first 9 days fasted, now one day off and repeat. Was down 17.6 pounds in the 9 days. This will be my protocol for the summer because seems like yesterday was when I hit a wall and became very hangry and rude.
>>
>>46445902
Just threw in the towel at 40 hours dry. Saw a video where a guy talked about ego and not pushing it too hard the first time (this is my first prolonged fast at all besides doing OMAD) so I thought I'd play it safe. Lost 3.4kg, obviously some of that will be water.

Coconut water after 40 hours of no liquids felt incredible.
>>
Bros how do I get over the mental performance barrier?

I've fasted for 72h twice and 48h many times, but every time around the 18h mark and onward my brain just doesn't work as expected anymore.
I eat keto and I exercise with no problem but the brain fog is fucking unreal.
How do I get past this? I tried 1tbsp MCT oil in my coffee and it did fuck all.

I've been eating OMAD because of this but I'd like to do a 5-7 day fast as soon as possible to get rid of that last bit of fat.
>>
File: ajit-pai-santa.jpg (55 KB, 1200x735)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
I have some fat id like to lose prior to a 4 day trip to Vegas. I would like to try OMAD for 10-12 days.

From past experiences with keto I know I know this will hurt my lifts/sprints.

Will I lose any fat on OMAD for 10-12 days? Will my muscles go flat and my sprints suck?
>>
Whens the best time to eat your one meal?
>>
>distracted at work
>coworker comes around, offering everyone a piece of maple sugar candy
>completely fucking space out and forget I'm fasting
>accept
>only remember after I've fucking eaten the thing
>>
>>46448198
f
>>
I'm going to do a fast from 7pm EDT this Sunday to 5pm EDT this Friday. I know it's five days, and that's basically pussy shit, but this is my first time doing one of these. Though before I go into it I have some questions.
>Starting - What state should I be in at 7pm? Is it fine if I eat a big meal before I start? Or should that be done at 4-5pm so it has a few hours to process?
>Energy - Is taking b12 supplements fine during this? The taste of black coffee makes me want to gag, and that's basically the only other thing that works for me, just those little pills.
>Water - During this, is there such a thing as too much water? Like is it fine to basically drink as much as I want during this time? Or should I limit myself to a litre or so a day?
>>
>>46447798
bump. please help a brother out
>>
>>46448262
>Starting
Eat normally. You can eat a gigantic meal or a tiny ass walnut, but my advice is don't over-complicate it (for mental reasons)
>Energy
Yeah, whatever. You can also put stevia in your coffee although it's not great. By day 3 your taste buds will have reset and you'll like black coffee.
>Water
Well, it's water. You can drink as much as you want.
HOWEVER: if you drink too much you will piss more = more electrolytes will leave your body.

Also, for anything longer than 48h you should put salts in your water - you will feel weak otherwise.
You won't die without them (not for weeks) but you WILL feel like shit.
Check out the recipe for snake juice, if you keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge it barely tastes different than water.
It will make a big difference in terms of how you feel. You can fast for months on snake juice if you have enough body fat.

Try to walk for 30min every day or more, you will burn a bunch of extra fat.
>>
>>46448335
just push through, wait until youre in ketosis
>>46448262
i mean if you fill your stomach, it will take longer to deplete glycogen.
don't take supplements, just snake juice
2L a day
>>
>>46447720
only if you keep telling yourself that when you break your fast it is temporarily and part of your fast. dont even try to eat maintenance. start eating tons of veggies and some lean meat and fruit and calorie count the fuck out of it., eat in a somewhat tight window. and dont eat when you start getting a somewhat filled feeling even if you are still craving. and dont pass your maintenance.
>>
>>46448412
I can't push through, I am in exam season. After that I'm going to be working in software development.
I am in ketosis but I think my body is not adapted yet to using fat efficiently.
>>
>>46432640
Does eating boogers break the fast? I've read eating boogers provides a great boost to your immune system and is healthy so I've been eating my boogers everyday but can't find info anywhere.
>>
File: 1483814914991.jpg (7 KB, 200x200)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>46448677
then where did you read it?
>>
>>46433695
That's so true. Before finding out about fasting I started cutting off all sugar and most of carbs. Once I started intermiting fasting...it was pretty chill. Helps a lot.
>>
>>46448413
So, in short, "no"?
>>
File: 1527945262819.png (313 KB, 600x334)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
Hey guys, want to start with 24hr fasts every two weeks and extend them to ~32hr fasts after a few tries because of autophagy and losing some fat (actually pretty built, 225lbs at 6'2), did some cycles already but currently natty. Be honest: will i lose muscle?
>>
>>46448956
Not if you continue to work out
>>
I'm 26, weight about 360 lbs. Another anon suggested I fast. I'm uh just not sure where to start.
>>
>>46449268
So i should do a workout on the day im fasting and if yes, does it have to be a heavy workout or can i do calisthenics?
Wanted to make that my rest day actually and do stuff like sauna, stretching etc.

Sorry for noob questions, i think i havent fasted for >10hrs in my last 8 years of lifting but im thankful for your help you guys doing the good work
>>
If I omad, can I eat carbs?

Do I have to eat within my macros, or just get 120g P and 50g Fats?

Can I gain muscle?
>>
>>46449422
Calisthenics bc you are not going to be able to lift heavy fasted if you're just starting.
>>
>>46449501
Yes.
If you want to.
Yes but it's hard for most people.
>>
>>46449404
I'd start by skipping breakfast if you're not already doing so. Then transition into skipping either lunch or dinner. Fill up on water in between meals. Lastly your meal(s) should fit just below your TDEE. If you cut your net carbs below 15% I find it's easier since protein and fat are much more satiating. Once you feel like you've gained some control over your appetite you can try a 24hr+ fast. You could jump straight into it if you think you have the will power but it will suck. I've only done a few full day fasts since I started dieting and didn't really see any significant benefits outside of my intermittent fasting routine. But that's my unprofessional advice.
>>
>>46449564
Hmm. Sounds like HIIT is out the window on omad.
>>
File: chrischad.jpg (101 KB, 800x601)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>46448420
well there you go you answered your own question .
>>
>>46449638
So there is no way I can fast if I don't want to be shit at uni/work.
I think there exists a better answer than that.
>>
>after 48h fast eat a bit too much, prob about 2200kcal
>feel sick
>>
64 hours checking in.

When should I take snek jooce? Only if u start getting a headache?

Feeling great honestly. Goal was 3 days. Def feel I could go longer.

28 years, 177lbs, 6ft 1, prob 18% bf
>>
>>46449702
Yesterday.
For real, start now.
When you get a headache you'll already be low in electrolytes.
If you want to go for more than 3 days then start right now.
>>
>>46449738
Why is that? What about these dudes doing multi day dry fasts?
>>
>>46449757
i just got out of a 3+ day dry fast. it wasn't all that bad but i was pretty useless.
>>
>>46449757
Dude at 18h dry you start to be useless af, you barely have the energy to walk around.
>>
>>46449738
>>46449757
>>46449763
>>46449792

Oh sorry, I'm not dry. Been doing regular fast, drinking plenty of water. But nothing else
>>
>>46449823
I know. Drink snake juice if you want to go long.
>>
File: 1475732436900.jpg (37 KB, 686x576)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Will my body do weird things while on Snake Juice? I'm moving across the country to my new job, and I want to start water fasting when I get there. At the same time, I don't want to be shitting my pants and smelling like tuna or something when I'm trying to make a good first impression.
>>
>>46449615
Thanks anon! I'll try all this! My appetite isn't that put if control REALLY so with some practice I bet I can master it
>>
>>46449918
You are absolutely going to be violently shitting your pants.
>>
>>46449918
You might get the shits the first time because you're getting rid of all the shit in your system. I'd do a 48h fast from friday evening to sunday evening.
>>
Thinking about doing some alternate day fasting so I can workout on the days I eat. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it?
>>
>>46449988
Working out when fasted for 12-24h is ideal for me. I prefer to eat after my workout.

I'd structure it like this:
>Day 1
eat 1 meal at night
>Day 2
work out morning or afternoon
>Day 3
fasted cardio + eat a big meal at night (this is cycling back to day one)

or if you don't like working out fasted:
>Day 1:
fast
>Day 2:
eat something 1h pre-workout, work out, then eat big meal post workout
>>
>>46450029
Some poster as before just reset browser, but thanks for the info I'll give it a try.
>>
>>46432640
i did a 24h fast and it was shit.My mouth was dry all the time even if i drink water and i was hungry all the time and when i finished it i couldn't eat well i was feeling bad.
what did i do wrong
>>
>>46450204
I've done a 7 day fast before and the first couple of days are when you feel hungry after that it's easy. As for the water thing I don't know but maybe a salt issue but it shouldn't be low after only a day if you ate a normal diet before the fast.
>>
>>46450244
is fasting only good for losing weight or there are any benefits? i did it only for experience i am not really fat or skinnyfat
>>
>>46450325
It has tremendous health benefits, and intermittent fasting helps keep hormones in check too.
>>
>>46450429
the only whore moans you need to worry about are the ones blasting out yo mama's bedroom
>>
>>46450462
??
>>
>>46450500
whore moans. the moans of a whore
>>
>>46450500
don't pay attention to him he is in every thread.
>>
>>46450512
hey whoa what? what the fuck? you can recognize me? other people are assholes too you know. maybe it's some other asshole.
>>
Survived a 3 day water fast. Felt good actually and would have gone more if it weren't for me feelimg lightheaded. Turns out I needed snake juice for extended fasting periods. Anyway, I'm going to do it again but start exercising this time. The question is how hard should I exercise? I wouldn't want to collapse due to the lack of energy. Reminds me of the time where I almost passed out for pushing myself to hard while playing basketball.

Planning to do HIIT the first day amd strength training next. What do you think?
>>
>>46450529
I don't think you're an asshole, I think you're just hungry for attention and you try to be funny.
>>
>>46450555
You can exercise normally on snake juice assuming you've done it recently and your body has adapted
>>
>60 hours into fast
>body extremely weak and tired
Is there a fix for this? I feel mentally invigorated but also feel like I could pass out at any moment.
>>
>>46450581
yes.
>S N A K E
>J U I C E
You need electrolytes bruh
>>
>>46450606
I've been eating potassium salts.
>>
>>46450658
what about sodium?
>>
>>46450561
fuck you bruh. i funny. it's funny when i try to suck OMAW's wiener
>>
>>46450671
The brand I use is 50/50 sodium chloride and potassium chloride
>>
>>46450704
Alright. Maybe it was an issue of it being your first time and your body needs to adapt?
>>
File: plato fast upres.jpg (242 KB, 2400x1350)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>46450724
I've done a 4 day fast before, albeit a few months ago.
So maybe that is the problem.
>>
Lads I’m in ketosis according to the strips but I’m still fucking hungry. 52 hours in, when hunger go away
>>
>>46450756
Did you feel like that then?
I'm asking cause on my first 2 fasts I felt kind of weak but then it was smooth.
>>
>>46450811
It's hard to remember, but for some reason I remember being less weak then.
Before I did the 4-day though, I did multiple 2-day and 36-hour fasts.

This current fast I just started spontaneously with no shorter fasts beforehand.
>>
holy i did 24 hours and felt bad and you guys are doing 1 week fast fuck i feel like trash
>>
>want to interminnet fast
>don't know if i'll lose more weight water fasting than interminent fasting
if i just have a 2 hour eating window, basically just eating rice and hotdogs, would that make me lose just as much weight than water fasting
also i plan to walk/run for 30minutes each day too
>>
>>46451215
You’ll lose much more water fasting
>>
>>46451215
>will eating make me lose more weight than not eating
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>46451215
Obviously not.
Also, if you eat rice and hot dogs (carbs and fats) you will spike your insulin and you will negate the fat loss of most of those 22h.
>>
>>46451234
i mean if i water fast, sooner or later i plan to re-feed so...
>>46451229
i did a water fast that was about 72hrs but i think i might've gained the weight back?
>>46451247
soo what other options would there be?
but in the end water fasting would be better?
>>
>>46451265
What are your goals?
For fat loss, fast as long as you can on snake juice, then refeed with a big salad and some meat, fatty fish or eggs, and repeat.
>>
how do you guys get enough protein in OMAD?
>>
Can I lose 10lbs in 5 days with fasting?
>>
>>46451346
if u include water weight yes
>>
Who here /alternateday/?
>>
I fucking HATE water weight so fucking much.
>>
>>46451343
Big chunk of meat, a good portion of cheese, fill up with some nuts.
>>
>>46451474
how do you make a big chunk of meat juicy and flavorful and not dry, boring, etc
>>
>day 2 of SJ fast
>wake up from post-work nap feeling thirsty and tired
>maybe I should just dry fast the next 24 hours instead of finishing my snake juice, and blast myself into ketosis faster

Am I doing it right? I've got the coconaut water, think I'll just pound a liter before bed tomorrow, about 30 hours from now.
>>
>>46451603
Well desu when I was cooking for me and my little brother I'd make the blandest, driest fucking food ever.
When I started cooking for my gf I wanted to give her something better, so I learned to cook meat in a cast iron skillet, with correct spices, and desu it became an art and now it comes out great almost every time.

For example, here's the algorithm for a simple beef steak, well done:
Ingredients:
>cast iron skillet
>steak
>pepper (I have a mill thing with 4 types of pepper in it)
>salt (I use pink himalayan and a bit of nosalt)
>olive oil, 1tbsp/portion (you can use butter)
>thyme (optional)

Instructions
>Preheat cast iron skillet on high heat (my kitchen gets pretty hot, I put it on 7 out of 9)
>Salt, pepper, thyme and finally olive oil on steak, rubbing it with hands. If you use butter, add it in the pan now
>Drop steak in the skillet, 1min each side and then lower temperature to medium (5 in my kitchen)
>Cook for 4-5min each side

Joocy af
>>
>>46451300
just to lose weight
>>
>>46451760
Yeah, what I said.
while (fat) {
>fast as long as you fucking can on snake juice
>refeed with a big salad and some fatty meats/fish/eggs and nuts
}
>>
>fast for 7 days
>refeed one meal
>day 3 of new fast
>barely peeing
>pee is really dark and cloudy
>sides feel weird

Am I in trouble? Should I go to the er?
>>
>>46451841
Are you drinking water?
>>
>>46451880
Drinking snake juice.
>>
>>46451841
what did you eat? google your symptoms
and drink more, obviously
>>
>>46451800
hmm would results vary person to person and how many days i am fasting? i would want to refeed for example on saturdays and sundays and then fast mon-fri
>>
>>46451918
Drink more. And a little bit of water too.
>>
I broke my 4 day fast this morning by eating some broccoli, egg and ham. A very light meal. Stomach seemed fine, and so I joined into the festivities of my family at late in the evening. Ate a lot of food, perhaps a little more than usual but I was keeping myself fairly in check.

However, I haven't really been able to take a dump for 5+ hours. It's not that I feel constipated, but more as if food wasn't digesting very fast. Anyone who can give me more insight of this? Should I worry or would it solve itself?
>>
what’s the most i can lose in a month of straight snake fasting
>>
>>46452224
30-45 lbs depending on ur fatness and activity level
>>
Do you guys mix fasting with keto? I'm planning to eat keto omad with like 1500 cal deficit for a week or so. Is this a good idea?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.