[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>old one at 300
What’s a good breakfast, lunch and dinner for a 2000 calorie cut.
Also any tips for skinnyfat cutting? I’m gonna bulk afterwards slowly and hopefully not get fat ever again
>>
>>46796676
You waiting this long, counting the posts on the old thread, to ask THIS question?
ha ha
>>
>>46796699
>not knowing how qtddtots work
>>
>>46796676
eggs, but you could google "0 calorie foods" (which are very low calories, close to 0), and then just aim to get enough protein

if you are skinnyfat you could eat just what you normally eat and workout.
your normal diet + not training = little calorie surplus = skinnyfat
your normal diet + training = probably maintenance
>>
File: 9fb.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
I just got 1kg bag of creatine, never used creatine before. Do I do the loading phase of 15-25g a day for a week then 5g the rest, or just start out with 5g a day?
>>
>>46796739
What that guy stated is exactly what happened I bet.
OP probably sat there refreshing until he could start his own thread.
>>
>>46796744
I was trying to do a scaled back version of this diet to bulk
https://youtu.be/gJio0lPysF8
But I’ve realised getting rid of fat is more important to me at the moment. Would it work for cutting if I just cut it back drastically?
>>
>>46796774
No, op was going to post in qtddtot but it was past 300 and dead, so he made a new one, you mong.
>>
File: nervous pepe.png (304 KB, 646x595)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>stop taking creatine because it makes me feel gross
>hear i have to eat food with it
>no longer feel gross after taking it

ive missed out on so many gains...

i still cant eat protein shakes without vomitting how do i disguise the taste of those
>>
>>46796792
wait you have to have food with creatine, i just took 10g on a empty stomach
>>
>>46796792
If it’s vanilla protein try chucking a couple teaspoons of nesquick in it.
If it’s another flavour just scull it and suck it up
>>
>>46796751
Do 20 a day for 5 days, then 5 a day indefinitely
>>
>>46796699
>counting posts
What do you think this R means anon
>>
How good of a progress is this?

>lifting since February but doing cardio and cut since September
>don't do cardio anymore just lift and do a 3x5

Blue is water weight in percentage.
Yellow is weight in kilos.
Pink is body fat percentage.
Green is muscle mass in kilos.

t. 5'7 city council administrator of manlets
>>
I've been lifting for about 2 years now, but due to a mix of not being super serious about getting sleep or food. I'm starting to cut for frisbee at my Uni but I don't know what weightlifitng routine to do. I've been doing Bill Starr's 5x5, but all the programs seem to be based around increasing weights, and if I'm cutting I don't think my numbers are going to go up. What should I do instead, or should I just do it without increasing the weight?

Also, best cure for shin splints?
>>
Is 350 deadlift ORM good for a new lifter?
My bench is pathetic (185 ORM and I’m repping 145 3x8)
I am 6’2” 220
>>
disregard that despite eating and drinking water creatine still gives me a stomach ache

anybody else get this? its horrible
>>
>>46795741
Stronger knees?
>>
How unhealthy would it be to drink a milkshake every single day? The ones I make are about 1300 calories. 500ml milk, 2 cups ice cream, 2 scoops protein. I used to make smoothies with pb, banana, milk oats and protein but it got nasty after a while, and this is way easier to make/clean out of my blender. I'm trying to gain weight, but I don't want to be doing anything ridiculously unhealthy to do so
>>
I DL'ed 225 for 49 reps today. Any downsides to doing that many reps? Do you think I can do 315 for 25 or should I stick to the 229 for 50(I miscounted todawy)?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlHP23Tg55d
>>
>>46797234
Deadlift is not a lift you should be doing high reps for
>>
>>46797245
Why not
>>
>>46797245
I’ve found high rep deadlifts great for conditioning and have never had any trouble with back pain. I always make sure my form stays sharp and if I can feel my lower back rounding I stop there. (cc: >>46797234)
>>
is there anything wrong with doing a PPL program with heavier weights, and less repetitions? why do people choose to do compound lifts for heavy weights rather than choose a program like PPL and just reduce the intensity, while increasing the volume (reps / sets)?
>>
Two things:

My heartrate monitor+app, pedometer and the treadmill all give me different numbers for calories burned, which number tends to be the most accurate?

How safe is it to try and cut over 2lbs per week? I'm currently 207-210lbs and are trying to slim down to 195-200 lbs.
>>
I'e been lifting for about 2 months with SL and i'm starting to get noticeable less flabby, however I can see that one of my man tits is slightly bigger than the other, is there a way of correcting this or will it get better after I keep losing weight?
>>
>>46796826

Found the aussie
>>
File: 1529955031333.png (108 KB, 828x594)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>46797395
ye bloody oath
>>
>>46796676
My routine looks like this
>M: upper
>T: lower
>W: rest
>Th: back and shoulders
>F: legs
>Sa: chest and arms
>Su: rest

can I add another chest and arms day on wedesnday?
>>
So right now I’m doing PHUL and I just realized that there’s no exercises/day for core. I can’t afford to make a day for it cause of time restraints, should I just add core exercises to 2 of my 4 days at the end?
>>
>>46796676
I'm really muscular but I've still got some last bits of fat on my chest and belly from when I drank soda more than water. I'm not counting calories, but I think my diet is low calorie and healthy enough (all lean meats, vegetables, brown rice and oats). Are there any supplements or pills that you'd recommend for burning extra fat?

For reference I look like this but with a little extra flab.
>>
>>46796676
redpill me on ATG squats
i see essentially everyone doing ass parallel to knees and sometimes not even that
which ones should i be doing
>>
>>46797222
bump for this question
>>
>>46797971
parallel squats is acceptable, but not respected

ATG squats are acceptable, and always respected, honestly ATG is a lot easier too than a parallel
>>
>>46796676
Question.

I am a skinny fat gaining some definition. I still have a "gut" but not one like this.

https://i.imgur.com/j2HLB6X.jpg

This guy has like a curve that goes rounder the closer he gets to his croth. In my case I have a bulk as soon as my rib ends (I think its muscle), this bulk starts thinnig and ends in the middle of my stomach, then starts my "gut" that ends at my pelvis.

I dont have old photos to compare to the old me a couple of months ago. What is this? I am finally gaining definition? I would like that but it likes like shit (at least from my perspective)
>>
I just started lifting (I’m a tall lanklet) and after squats it feels like my hip flexor is stupid sore which makes the rest of my routine suffer. At the same time when I squat it appears to be uneven where one side of my ass is always lower to the ground.
Is my body fucked? How can I get more symmetrical since it seems one side is more dominate/stronger
>>
Okay so I checked grey skull after everyone memed me on that SS is a bad program. ITS LITERALLY THE SAME SHIT, you just Squat one less time a week. Jesus fucking christ you are a bunch of retards.

And before you say
>Accesories
I am not a retard, I use accesories in SS.
>>
At 5”7 118lbs what BF% am I?
>>
>>46797304
You can't accurately gauge calories burned, a rough estimate is your best bet. Even then, unless you're bulking it's not really something to worry about.

>How safe is it to try and cut over 2lbs per week?
Nope.

>I'm currently 207-210lbs and are trying to slim down to 195-200 lbs.
Don't be a retard. Do at-most a 600 calorie deficit.

>>46797335
It's probably just your imagination. 2 months is a drip in the sea of progress and I doubt much has changed on you physically. Regardless, losing weight will firm up your body and balance everything out.

>>46798310
If you just started you need to focus on form. Your body is gonna be sore hardcore if you've never lifted before, it's totally normal. Worry less about symmetry and more about strict form on each rep.

>>46798334
>. ITS LITERALLY THE SAME SHIT
Yeah, remember the AMRAP in SS? I sure remember rows in SS. They are similar beginner programs, but literally all beginner programs are just some variation of starting strength. It's not like Squat, Bench, and OHP aren't already 3 of the most popular weightlifting exercises in the world.

dumb newbie

>>46798381
I have a hard time believing that is 118 at 5'7".
>>
>>46798381
>At 5”7 118lbs what BF% am I?

How the fuck should we know by looking? Go get measured.
>>
Is the thicc mean real? Not like the fat shitposters, but since I've been lifting since entering college I'm starting to really feel attracted to stronger fit girls, especially if they work their legs.
>>
How long until muscle imbalances go away??

My right arm has been stronger for two+ months, and I notice it with some lifts.
>>
>>46798595
I’m >>46798381
I was ano and went skelly mode down to 105 which eliminated LBM but then regained without lifting which resulted in 15lbs of fat gain mostly in gut. I think I also have really light bones.

>>46798601
By estimating according to how others look at certain BF percentages... not looking for 100% accuracy
>>
when i do hanging leg raises i can hear and feel "clack" sound at the bottom of my spine at each rep, no pain, just that. Should i stop?
>>
>>46798662
This but with pull ups. Its because I am weak?
>>
>>46798653
Anon, you're pretty lean as-is. I would suggest lifting and bulking to gain some muscle.
>>
>>46797092
+1 for ultimate Frisbee

Do some high intensity high volume body building shit (Gironda 8x8 for example find the PDF). Gets your conditioning in and you won't look like shit with your shirt off. All of the other strength training and body building really needs a calorie surplus you dig? Shoot for 1g of protons per lb lean body weight and hang in there.
>>
>>46798607
Traditionally "THICC" means a girl with plenty of meat on the bones, but not chubby or fat. Uusually just lucky genetics that distribute fat very evenly around the body. Toned/fit girls aren't under that definition.

But yes, fit girls are hot as fuck. Anyone who says abs are gay are insecure.
>>
Injured my rotator cuffs and won’t be able to lift for a couple months so I wanna get shredded. Is it possible to cut while not lifting without losing more muscle than fat?
>>
>>46797222
please someone answer this
>>
I have a pull-up/dip station tower anda few kettlebells as my only /fit/ gear. I just got a dip belt in the mail today and I don't know if it was the cozy pressure on my low back or what but doing some work with it and a 25lb kettlebell on gave me a boner, has any one else experienced this?
>>
>>46798782

depends what you look like and what your goals are. the ice cream is a bit much.
>>
>>46797222
>Ice cream
Why.

Its just calories man. Just dont overdo sugar I guess, fiber too. Too overdoo protein you would need to ingest a shit ton to damage the kidney so you are fun.

Just eat senpai.
>>
>>46798781
I mean, probably a protein sparing fast will help, but nothing will help as much as weightlifting.
>>
>>46798836
Ice cream because it's easy to make milkshakes and get calories with. I'm in the military, so I eat at a chow hall, and the one I go to does not serve seconds, so it's difficult to eat more. I have to buy extra food to compensate, which I don't always get to cook, especially now that the barrack's kitchen has a inoperable stove.
>>
Im stalling on chin ups, my goal is to be able to do 4 sets of 10 reps

so far i can get 5-7 on the first set, but they quickly fall to 4 or 3.

what else can i do to improve this? is biceps isolation necesary for this?
>>
Got a deep tissue massage last night , and was told to take this morning off gym and then see how I feel the following day. Still pretty sore/bruised now (24hr after massage)

Don't want to miss more than one session this week but will I be sabotaging myself if I force a workout tomorrow?
>>
What's the benefit of 5x5 over 3x5? Are those two extra sets really any benefit or are you better off doing slightly more weight for only 3 sets
>>
I am having a lot of trouble keeping one of my shoulders “packed”. How do I strengthen it?
>>
>>46797187
define new lifter
those lifts are good for someone who's been lifting for a few months
>>
I've got long legs and i'm trying to do pendlay rows as recommended by stronglifts and either I bend my knees too little and my ass is higher than my shoulders, or I bend them too much and my knees are in the way of the bar. I'm already using an extra pair of plates as a platform for the bar.

Is there some form fix i'm missing or is it acceptable to do rows with your hips higher than your shoulders?
>>
>>46800323
You could try using the safeties in a power rack and find a comfortable height, having higher hips might not be good for your back
>>
So I'm deadlifting twice a week for the goal of lifting 2pl8 for 5x3

Currently I can hit 2pl8 as a 1RM though that's after hitting 3-5 sets at 90kg. Is there any benefit to lifting single reps (like the Bugez) for one of the sessions or am I still better off just keeping the strict 5x3 each time I do them?
>>
>>46800369
It's usually recommended for beginners to only do 1 set of working weight for deadlifts
>>
>>46800369
are you doing a proper routine or something you cooked up yourself?
>>
>>46800356
Homegym, no power rack nor the space for one unfortunately
>>
>>46800476
Something that's cooked up. Compounds 5x5 (exception of deadlifts) and isolations 3x10
>>
>>46800497
1st step is to stop that and do a real routine
deadlifts 2x a week and for multiple sets is not going to work for very long
>>
Starting my gym membership on Tuesday. I tried the basic moves at home and it turns out I can not lowbar squat because my arms/upper back are not streched enough and I can not grab the bar on proper height without my elbows and wrists going into full snap position.
What streches should I do to allow good squat form? In general.
Also, is it going to be frowned upon if I go to the gym in old, worn the fuck out running shoes? I am poor as shit and can't get myself any decent shoes for now.
>>
whats a good vegetarian cookbook? planning on making two meals a day meat free I have no moral issues with meat and like it a lot but lots of people have said vegetarian diets are better so I figure two vegetarian meals a day is a good in-between
>>
>>46796676
my biceps wont grow, i constantly work them, they just dont want to grow
>>
>>46800874
how many calories are you eating per day, how much protein and what's your bodyweight? also are you measuring your biceps or assuming they haven't grown? if you see them everyday it's hard to notice
>>
Can I do anything useful with a bent barbell? ;_;
>>
how far can a set of dumbbells get me
>>
>>46800897
i eat around 2000 calories a day (on a cut/recomp)
dont keep track of macros but i try to have at least 2 protein filled meals per day (ie, eggs for breakfest meat for lunch.)
this morning i was 86.6 kg(190 lbs) (on a cut since 2016 from 125)
i measured them a couple of times, every time they came out to 37 cm (14.5 inches)
>>
>>46800874
>I constantly work them
So you do bicep curls etc everyday?
stop whatever you're doing and do a real routine and eat +500 calories a day minimum if you want to gain muscle, work out 3 days a week so your muscles always have at least one full day of rest between work.
>>
>>46800918
very far if you know how to use them and if theyre a relatively good weight for you
>>
>>46800903

you can lift it
>>
>>46800920
get the myfitnesspal app, that works out what you should be eating and can scan barcodee to track everything easily
>>
>>46800918
Not very, you can't squat or deadlift more than about 40kg with dumbells and those are the most important exercises, and they are inferior for every other compound. Just bite the bullet and go to a gym, nobody gives a shit if you think you look weird or stutter or whatever.
>>
>>46800924
i work out every other day, or 2 days in a row and then rest day i do a full body routine

push ups- 20x1 12x4
chin ups- 5x5
bicep curls- 8x3
upright row- 8x3
plank- failure
(weighted versions of all if im feeling it that day)
yea im in a caloric deficit but is it really impossible to gain muscle while cutting?
>>
>>46800934
eurofag, mfp doesnt work but i did use an app called fat secret for counting calories before i learned how to count them with my own brain
>>
>>46800933
But it's all skewiff for actual lifts
>>
>>46800947
>bicep curls- 8x3
If you want growth, use a lighter weight and do something like 5x10. I've never heard of anyone getting results doing 3 reps on curls.
>>
>>46801052
repsXsets my dude
>>
>>46801062
Start using the same notation as the rest of the world. Anyway 3x8 is still pretty low volume for an isolation exercise. If you aren't getting results, do more reps at lighter weight.
>>
So I want to prepare my shake in advance so I can drink it half an hour before work ends and then I immediately go to the gym (so about 50 minutes time between drinking the shake and going to the gym, factoring travel time).

But I can't exactly mix it at work. Will it be fine if I mix it now and keep it refrigerated up until the time I drink it? It says to drink it within 10 minutes of mixing but is that just a retarded limit?
>>
>>46801085
never knew it was setsXreps actually, never had to talk to anyone about working out so i just did it the way it seemed logical to me
>>
>>46801111
just shake it before you drink ez pz
>>
How the fuck do I eat 3000 calories a day and get lots of protein, when protein makes you feel fuller?
>>
>>46801137
Is that all? Is that seriously why they tell to drink it immediately or within 10 minutes?

That's fucking retarded. They should be more accurate in their directions.
>>
What full body routine for intermediate for size? Main lift heavy secondary two lighter and whatever isos?
>>
>>46801217
eat more calorie dense foods. 100g Lamb or Beef has almost twice the calories of chicken breast for example and almost the same amount of protein. Peanut butter, milk, cheese and nuts are all good too.
How much protein are you aiming for? 1g per lbs bodyweight is slightly overdoing it, aim for about 0.85.
>>
>>46796898
What method are you using to track your stats?
>>
>>46801353
It's the fancy gym scale that I use every 3 or so months. So what do you think?
>>
Can I still go for PPL, even if I can only work out thrice a week? Been doing SS for a few weeks already w/ curls, dips, extensions etc. but apparently that won't save me from t-rex mode. Or would it?

Also, is mass gainer a meme? I'm having a hard time eating at a surplus and they sell it really cheap here
>>
>>46801485
>Also, is mass gainer a meme?
Really shit quality food, buy peanut butter or dairy products instead. Or just GOMAD

If SS is still giving you strength gains why stop doing it? If your leg muscles are getting too big for your liking then stop adding weight to your squats, if you're getting too much fat switch to a cut for a while.
>>
best shoes with a heel for squatting?
>>
>>46801437
Fat loss seems to be consistent, maybe not the fastest progress BUT this is all assuming the numbers are correct, which might not be.
Have you noticed a change in your figure, abs showing and whatnot? Then I'd say the progress is ok.
Either way, as soon as summer is over, bulk like a motherfucker and get that muscle up
>>
How come I feel nothing in my lats? Doing t-bat rows, cable rows, lat pulldown, neutral pull ups and assisted pull ups and my whole back lights up except for my lats???
>>
I shrugged too fast and now I have a twinge between my mid-shoulder blade and my spine. Am I fucked?
>>
>>46801607
>have you noticed change in your figure
Yes and so have other people. I went down 2 or 3 numbers in pant size, had to drill a hole into my old belt, the L-sized t-shirts that once fit me well are loose, and M and S shirts are what I wear now. I see what look like abs when I flex really hard but if I'm not flexing I still have a gut, seems like the only fat I have left to lose is in the stomach area. Bicep size increased, I gained a jawline and am much stronger because of SL/GSLP. I'm gonna take your advice bro, right now I'm milking the newbie body recomp gains.
>>
File: Object.jpg (662 KB, 1152x1600)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
I've got waaaay lower energy and motivation than I did only like 6-7 months ago.
I'm coming back into exercise but having a much tougher time progressing and stalling more often.

Had a blood/urine test, according to Doc my results were excellent overall and my diet is on point currently.
I was prescribed Vitamin D (my levels were SLIGHTY lower than should be) and Vitamin C (for energy, which only works for like an hour) so I have no clue what the issue is
>>
>>46802403
Please don't post images like that. They make me uncomfortable [spoiler]and horny[/spoiler].
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 205x246)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Was watching JEFF CAVALIERE HERE ATHLEANX DOT COM and he said that for the deadlift your feet should be hip width apart and hands just outside the knees when performing the deadlift. I was performing this at the gym and some kind gymbro came up to me and told me to try putting my feet wider apart (shoulder width) and have my hands inside the knees. This made the lift way easier especially on my mid back.

What's the best way of doing this? Or does it not matter which one you chose? I'm new to deadlifting
>>
Newfag here, never been to a gym but I want to start going

What do you guys bring with out? Water bottle is obvious
>>
>>46802583
A hand towel, anon.
>>
>>46802567

I'm barely an intermediate deadlifter (445 @ 180 lbs bw conventional) so take this with a grain of salt, but different hand and feet positions alter the recruitment and range of motion of the deadlift. Sumo is typically an easier style in terms of getting the weight up. If you're training for strength and interested in some nice hammy and trap gains, I'd say do conventional the way Jeff said. If you want to compete, teach yourself sumo and figure out what's most comfortable and effective for you.
>>
>>46802567
athmeme x is clickbait.
doing it with hands inside makes it easier to lift more weight, but if you're going to do that, why not do half squats? why not OHP while leaning back? why not only bring the barbell halfway to your chest while benching?
Just because you are lifting heavier with this form doesn't mean you are getting stronger with that form, Starting strength goes into detail about this topic, you can find a free pdf online.

Do it with default form and keep your feet close and hands outside legs, you will get stronger and make your muscles grow more.
Don't be one of those boomers who lifts the same weights for a year with incorrect form then tells people ''you have your way, I have mine'' when they try to correct him.

Doing a real routine or something you made yourself btw?
>>
>>46800947
Coming from someone who started with dumbbells, when I first started curling 4x8-12 was best for me. That's 4 sets of 8, up to 12, and then add more weight once you can do 4x12.

Basically built the foundation of the near-otter I have now.
>>
>>46801236
It advises you that as it seperates again, as long as you give it a good shake you'll be aight
>>
>>46802626
>>46802650
thanks fellas. im on my second week of PHUL right now
>>
File: 1509904089548.jpg (138 KB, 618x768)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Is taking protein/BCAAs/creatine before/during/after a workout a thing? Does it matter or can I take it any time?
>>
>>46802703
Alright good luck. I would advise to read the starting strength book and/or stronglifts articles on the 5 compounds. Even if you never intend to do those routines, there is some really good and comprehensive information in them which will make watching any youtube roiders channel irrelevant.
>>
Do box jumps help increase explosive power production? I'm decently strong but I have trouble putting it into use at any decent speed.
What other exercises increase explosiveness?
>>
>>46802724
After your workouts your body is actively looking for resources to build muscle with, so eating a decent amount of protein (and carbs) is recommended.
The rest doesn't really matter, but check if any of your supplements are fat soluble or not and make sure you eat them after eating something fatty if so.
>>
>>46796676
Is 1/2/3/4 just one rep maxes or multiple reps?
>>
>>46802724

IIRC the max you'd want to wait is like 6 hours

Just make a shake when you get home from the gym
>>
>>46796792
>mfw i bought orange/peach flavour and its absolutely disgusting, but i'm too cheap to throw it out
>>
>>46802745
Yes. Sprints and Hang Cleans.
>>
>>46802745
Look into Candito's 6 week program. He has a power variant that covers a lot. Mainly it's weight jumps, oly lifts, and sprints.
>>46802769
Good advice but it is almost negligible for a natty.
>>46802780
Opinions differ but you can claim it when those are your ORMs.
>>
>>46802740
thanks will do
>>
I'm 5ft 8.9in and 187lbs.
Been dieting for a week now, I eat 500 cal under TDEE, sometimes more or less.
How fast can I expect to lose at least like 25lbs to squeeze into the normal BMI?
>>
>>46796751
i have heard that this whole loading phase is meme
>>
>>46799911
More volume helps build muscle size. Big muscle = strong muscle.
>>
>>46800587
Seconding this question
>>
>>46802842
>25lbs / 2lbs per week = 14.5 weeks
More than that and you're probably losing too much muscle.
>>
>>46802877
https://phrakture.github.io/starting-stretching.html

Follow this as a cool down with focus on the groups you're tight in that day or you aren't flexible in. Post workout and off days.
>>
>>46802129
Bump.

Update: I can move around just fine, no immobility when doing routine tasks. Hurts like a mother when I stress it. Picked up some IcyHot from CVS. I've got a push day tomorrow, last workout of the week. Thinking of taking it lighter on my compounds and powering through my accessories at whatever weight I can do cleanly.
>>
do soya bean products really lower your test/raise estrogen?
>>
Is 531 a good program for me? I want to work out 3-4 days a week and my numbers (1RM) according to the "Wendler Log" Android App are:
OHP: 35lb
deadlift: 115lb
bench: 95lb
Squat: 115lb
>>
>>46802845
Some people don't even respond to it, and the loading phase comes with higher potential for bum pissing
>>
>>46803049
Yikes.
>>
>>46803082
A dog bit my hand so I couldn't lift anything for half a year
>>
File: 1449454420107.jpg (10 KB, 219x257)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>46803049
Is that with bar anon?
>>
>>46803049
Do SS you pathetic specimen.
>>
>>46803049
What this guy said >>46803108

And lift more heavy things above your head, your ohp is way off even for that bench
>>
>>46803097
Of course that's with a bar, the bar itself is 45lb
>>
>>46803156
Post pics of your body.
>>
>>46803187
no

>>46803108
When do I graduate from SS?
>>
>>46803235
Yes.
>>
File: confused chick.png (129 KB, 314x278)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>46803156
how the fuck is your OHP 35lb if the bar is 45lb? Can you not press the fucking bar?
>>
>>46803355
we might be talking to a high school girl for all we know
>>
>>46803355
45lb bar + 35lb weights -> 80lb
>>
>>46803156
oh my bad I meant without a bar
>>
How do i get rid of backne scars? They kind of faded but its still very obvious
>>
dyel here. How do people "stall?" I mean if you are just constantly increasing the weight of the lift your muscles should keep developing right?
>>
How much would you expect your lifts to decrease over the course of a12week cut?
>>
>>46803515
Improper nutrition,inadequate sleep, failing to push themselves.

Or they are just past the newbie gains where things come in stops and starts. People who don't stall are on roids.
>>
What is a good target weight for the end of the year? I'm 134lbs 6'2'' now.
>>
My symmetric strength score is 61.9 (intermediate) but I still look very DYEL across my entire body. 6'2" 200 lbs and ~20% BF for reference. Does having decent lifts but lack of muscle mass mean that my body has relatively more potential for strength in the long run?
>>
What do alphas wear? What shoes, tank tops, cutoffs, etc. do you guys recommend?
>>
File: emoji.jpg (71 KB, 960x1116)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>46796676
Does a "Workout Music" thread belong on /fit/ or /mu/?
>>
>>46803514
Get hit by a lightning, those scars are cool and basically pussy magnet.
>>46803515
The bar is limited in lenght, eventually you won't be able to add weights whatever you do.
>>46803544
A lot.
>>46803750
More than that but not fat.
>>46803772
No, it's just retard strength.
>>46804061
Naked. Erect your penis is optional but strongly suggested.
>>
What's a decent weight for a 10-12% bodyfat 5'10 male?

For max pussy-slaying aesthetics, obviously.

>inb4 real men weigh 200 lbs
>>
Just to be sure, 2pl8s means 180lbs/81kg, and 1pl8 refers to 90 lbs when referring to lifts, right?
>>
>>46804412
If you excluded the weight of the bar in those measurements, then yes. But you should include the weight of the bar so 1pl8 is 60kg and 2pl8 is 100kg
>>
I'm looking to get a hormone check related to /fit/, but I don't know what hormones I should be checking
>Testosterone
>SHBG
>Oestradiol
Anything else?
>>
I can distinctly feel my six pack abs under my skin but all six are rarely visible without me moving my stomach in a certain way.

How can I change how my belly area to make the abs noticeable? Just keep doing my abs workouts? Or do I need to shed some fat or what?
>>
Hello im a intermediate lifter, been lifting for 1,5 years, 13% bf, if i have been cutting but my weight its stuck for week, that mean i probably ate more at maintenance, my question is, if i eat at maintenance abd train hard can i still make muscle abd burn fat or its a no no? Thanks
>>
Hey /fit/ I have been working out for about six months and my current program looks like this.
Monday: 5x5 Bench, 5x5 OHP, 3x10 Bench(dumbell), 3x10 triceps extension.

Wednesday: 5x5 deadlift, 3x10 Upright barbell row, 3x15 back extension(bodyweight), 3x10 biceps curl.

Friday: 5x5 squat, 3x10 front squat, 3x10 hip thrust(bodyweight), 3x10 standing calf raise.

Is ir any good? What to improve? And what do I do on Tuesday and Thursday?
>>
>>46804543
Whats your logic behind 3x10 front squat? Also why do them on the same days as back squat?
>>
>>46804344
prolly around 155-165, this is optimal pussy slaying, not optimal aesthetics, optimal aesthetics would be like 175-185
>>
>>46804344
All depends on the size of your frame. Ive seen pics of people 200lbs @ 5'10 and they look juicy as fuck. I've seen other lean but jacked people @ 5'10 who only weigh 170.
>>
>>46804344
>>46804721
>>46804723
A study done on like 15,000 subjects showed that the 95th percentile fat-free mass index (meaning BMI but for lean body mass) is 22.0

So for a 5'10 (178 cm) that works out to 70 kg of lean body mass. At 10% BF, that's 77 kg (170 lbs)

>at 5'10, 170 lbs, 10% BF you will have a better physique than 95% of people your height.

FFMI = LBM (kg)/ height(m)2
>>
File: IMG_20180707_213400.jpg (545 KB, 1920x462)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
Which one would be best to start learning?
>>
>>46804692
I have no logic in this, I just copy paste a program I found thru google so yeah it might be shit I dont know
>>
>>46804723
according to casey butt's calculator my genetic potential is 203 lbs at 10% bf

Definitely do not wanna way that much...

>>46804823
vitruvian physique says that 21-23 ffmi is pretty good for aesthetics
>>
whats a good minimalist routine for someone with just a bench and a barbell?
>>
>>46804969
>so yeah it might be shit
It's shit. Read the sticky and just do SS or GSLP if you only want to go to the gym three times a week.
>>
>>46805016
Bench press only
>>
>>46805016
4D bench press, virtually trains all muscles
>>
Thought on going to the gym after a pint of lager/guiness?

Gotta go to some works lunch thing tomorrow and was going to have a pint and go to the gym afterwards. Don't want to be spewing on chest day so I'll skip the pint if its gonna be a problem
>>
>>46803750
More with a minimal of fat.

That's it. Good starting weight since you will be able to see if your current calories are causing too much at gain since you are already a spooky skeleton.
>>
>>46805310
I would heavily consider against lifting and any variety of alcohol
>>
>>46804317
How much is a lot? Like percentage speaking. I just started looking like I work out but my starting weight was too high to the point that the line between fit and chubby was like 5 lbs. Currently cutting but don't want to be a spooky Shelly when I finish.
>>
>>46805364
Any specific reason other than possibly feeling a bit ill?

Always go to the gym straight from work or early in the day on the weekend so never really been near a workout with alcohol in my system
>>
stalling at 5 pull ups, how to improve?
>>
File: 1fe.png (59 KB, 658x662)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
1) How do I train my neck? I'm feeling too self-conscious to do neck exercises at the gym as they look autistic. I have some long elastic rubber strips that I got as a present, what exercises can I perform with them?

2) On my pull days I always do 5 sets of deadlifts and then pullups/lat pulldowns. However, lately, as my diddly weight went up, my forearms get so fatigued after deadlift that I can't even do pulldowns or rows properly. I feel that my upper back is lacking exercise because of this. How do I fix this? Do I just wait until my forearms get stronger through diddly, or should I do upper back before diddly and use straps, or should I do diddly with less intensity or...?

3) I feel lethargic all the time. Lifting helps for a bit, but I still can't find energy to do things I wanna do. I sleep quite a lot, but it doesn't make any difference, unless I keep an extremely strict sleeping schedule, which is impossible because I sleep in the same room with my father, who sometimes works day shifts and sometimes night shifts, so I can't really go to sleep whenever I want. Caffeine used to help, but overwhelmed me with anxiety and that shitty jittery feeling of putrid skin. What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>46805451
>) How do I train my neck? I'm feeling too self-conscious to do neck exercises at the gym as they look autistic
check your ego at the door. the gym is 100% impersonal, never expect to meet anyone there, never expect to be friends with anyone there. It is just a precise tool for a precise goal.

If your routine says you must jump in one leg with a pink ballerina suit while yelling IM GAY next to 5 chads and 5 stacies laughing at you and throwing you tomatoes, THEN YOU DO IT.

trust the people who know, dont trust your undisciplined self who let yourself get to this point to begin with
>>
>>46804829
The casio,
t. pianist
>>
>>46805451
>1) How do I train my neck? I'm feeling too self-conscious to do neck exercises at the gym as they look autistic. I have some long elastic rubber strips that I got as a present, what exercises can I perform with them?
do the fucking excersises dont whine

>>46805451
>2) On my pull days I always do 5 sets of deadlifts and then pullups/lat pulldowns. However, lately, as my diddly weight went up, my forearms get so fatigued after deadlift that I can't even do pulldowns or rows properly. I feel that my upper back is lacking exercise because of this. How do I fix this? Do I just wait until my forearms get stronger through diddly, or should I do upper back before diddly and use straps, or should I do diddly with less intensity or...?
change routine to something that has the muscle you want to grow as first excersise, i recommend a 3 days split chest/biceps back/tricpes neck/legs.

>>46805451
>3) I feel lethargic all the time. Lifting helps for a bit, but I still can't find energy to do things I wanna do. I sleep quite a lot, but it doesn't make any difference, unless I keep an extremely strict sleeping schedule, which is impossible because I sleep in the same room with my father, who sometimes works day shifts and sometimes night shifts, so I can't really go to sleep whenever I want. Caffeine used to help, but overwhelmed me with anxiety and that shitty jittery feeling of putrid skin. What the fuck do I do?
go see a psychoanalist. stress and worrying can have very concrete effects on your health
>>
Is there a difference on the detrimental effects on health between natural sugar (veggies, fruit, dairy) and added sugar (honey, fruit juice, everything else), in particular with relation to mental health? My sugar intake has gone up after some changes to my diet, but it's all natural sugar.
>>
File: shezek vattu.png (49 KB, 589x184)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Are planks a meme or is my form just wrong? I do one for over 60 seconds and it feels like more of a workout for my arms than my core. I read they were one of the best things to do to workout abs but crunches and leg raises feel like they're doing so much more work.
>>
I have something the doctor said was called hamstring shortening, he said i should stop deadlifiting and squats for at least 6 months while i do stretching excersises. .

Would it be productive to do leg press and laying leg extensions while im out of those excersises?
>>
Will isolating biceps on days i dont do pull ups help with my actual pull ups?
>>
Suppose you only get 50% of the protein you should while cutting. It's harder to hold onto muscle, but how much harder? I've read posts saying "don't bother" if you aren't getting 1g/lb as at a minimum.

Any related experiences or science?
>>
File: 1492248495775.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>46796676
Help /fit/ what should I be eating? Been eating 2 eggs everyday and eating less rice

Successfully lose weight, but I can't seem to gain muscle. I lose lots of fats and muscles in the process
>>
>>46805776
it depends on how much you got. IF you havent trained for years, youre not gonna lose much muscle dont worry
>>
What major factors determine how much weight someone is able to lift on their first day of lifting? I've heard of some people doing 150lb+ 5x5 bench on their first time, while myself and others would do something closer to 90lb of we tried, and even then we would start lower to get our form proper. Is it height, weight, other physical activity, diet?
>>
my estimated maxes are 75/120/160/180 kilos. proeficient on symmetricstrength. currently on upper lower split by eric helms. looking for more size. what program should i do? i own home gym but not at home daily.
>>
can someone redpill me (a reference to the matrix, go watch it you haven't seen it yet) on HIIT? for example uphill sprints? How long do you run for and rest for? How many calories does it burn?
>>
File: 1509904203750.png (459 KB, 418x418)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>46805485

>>46804829
Thanks,
I actually thought I was on /mu/. Sorreh.
>>
Recipes to try with unflavored whey/casein powder? I'm sick of just mixing it into milk
>>
>>46806314
like literally any smoothie/milk recipe. some cool flavour combinations to base it on are apple/cinnamon, blueberry/almond, chocolate/avocado
>>
>>46806409
*milkshake
>>
>>46805872
Height influences a lot, a taller person has naturally longer fibers, when untrained the longer muscle is naturally stronger than the shorter one.
Weight may give you a bit of an edge on legs because you have to carry that extra mass around every day.

But the most important thing by far is training, even if its """"the first time they lift"""" they may have some or a lot of residual strenght from performing some other kind of sports or manual labor, particularly if they done it for a long time.
>>
>>46805872
also genetics, there is such a thing as strenght genetics
>>
>>46805621
They aren't a meme desu, if you can hold a plank for 60 secs without getting tired in the core you have pretty strong core. Try upping the time or putting weight on top of yourself.

That being said, decline crunches > planks every day of the week, imho. Helps me feel the burn and I can twist my body at the top of every rep to work the side of my core.
>>
>>46805872
also genetics, a lot
>>
>>46805847
Thanks, dude.
>>
>>46805621
While doing planks, move your elbows forward a little bit

You'll feel it
>>
File: 1429619369139.jpg (44 KB, 852x480)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Does the fluoride in toothpaste have any negative effects on health?
>>
>>46796676
How do you figure out bar placement for low bar squat if you don't have someone helping you? I've gotten it right a few times but I can never do it consistently.
>>
File: 1506214101104.gif (47 KB, 657x527)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
Fatass here (300+ pounds)

So uh, whats the chances of intermittent fasting ruining my metabolism? I just realized that I was a brainlet this entire time having a 1600 calorie deficit for 2 months+ because apparently having that much of a deficit fucks up your metabolism. I'm lost af rn, dunno if I should up my calories or fast or what the hell I should do at this point
>>
>>46806807
1600cal deficit? As in eating 1600 less then your TDEE? How much are you actually eating on average a day? How much have you lost?

Also no, IF will not fuck your metabolism so long as you're consuming enough during the window. Human metabolisms take years as well as plenty of hormonal disruptions to break beyond repair.
>>
>>46806706
Yes it does according to a couple of people with mental issues that are desperate for attention.

It does not according to 99.99999% of all medical doctors on earth who will tell you theres no problem with drinking tap water. This includes every single doctor who ever graduated from harvard, the most prestigious and challenging college in the world. Every single one of them will not tell you to stop drinking tap water.

But hey, you choose who to believe
>>
>>46806887
I'd rather NOT believe the people who are turning the friggin' frogs gay.
>>
>>46796676
my biceps are being stubborn and won’t grow. I’ve tried changing up my workout, eating even more than I originally was, yet they still grow the slowest. what do?
>>
>Had a protein shake before my workout.
>Seems to have done pretty well.
>Had a protein shake after my workout.
>New flavor new company, tastes great.
>Still want to make another protein shake.
>Haven't even eaten my big one meal for the day.

What the fuck do I do? I want that protein shake so badly, I can feel it.
>>
>>46806465
It seems like short, stout dudes can always outlift lanklets like me. Probably just because it's less distance from full extension to chest I guess.
>>
So the last two workouts I couldn't do my squats because of my knee complaining too much. What the hell do I do? I can't give up my squats!
>>
New to gym routines, how should I go about cutting? Is it all in the weight, the number of reps, or both?
>>
how important are rows? how often should i do them?
>>
>>46807318
Literally doesn't matter. Just eat less
>>
Does getting a pump mean you’re making gains
>>
anyone know of legit way to remove acne scars on butt and thighs?
>>
Will i be able to do anything at a wall/rock/whatever climbing gym if i can only do 1 solid pullup? Will i just be wasting my time?
>>
Could I lose 20lb in 2 months? Not too fussed about muscle loss but I'm going on vacation last minute and have put on some extra weight from bulking.
>>
>>46807950
You'll be fine, and it'll make you better at pullups as well.
>>
>>46796792
ON's Extreme Milk Chocolate and Myofusions chocolate are pretty good tasting protein powders.
>>
>>46807968
Unless you're seriously obese, no.
>>
So i started lifting about 2 and a half months ago,last time i weighted myself i lost 500gr.
Today i weighted myself and got really worried since i got those 500gr back in 10 days.
I was wearing a hoodie and had my shoes this time, but idon't think my shoes+hoodie can add 500gr to my weight, right?
Should i panic? i'm literally seeing myself in the mirror since then and i see myself as a fat fuck.
>>
SS isn't a meme right? I can only work out 3 days a week so PPL might not be the best option and I'm not looking for hypertrophy yet, just trying to get stronger. Been on it for about a week already
>>
I'm trying to cut weight by doing a 3 day lifting routine, i wanna do cardio on 3 of the other days as well, should I be doing HIIT or a longer form of cardio?
>>
What is the best way to increase grip strength for DL?
>>
>>46796676
How much cardio should be done when bulking compared to cutting?
>>
Guys I started lifting/eating big and clean about 3 weeks ago and I've finally reached 1pl8 for reps on all my compounds here at home, It's still very heavy for me but I'm definitely a lot stronger than I was, at this rate I know my lifts will keep on improving, problem is I have no more weight to work with so I have to get a gym membership and I'm incel as fuck, how do you guys overcome the social anxiety? Anybody remember their first day?
>>
>>46809146
Nobody cares. Just go.
If you're really feeling lost, ask for help.
>>
Anyone got a decent ab routine to follow?
I wanna hit abs as often as I can to try to fill out my loose skin.
>>
File: 1509334222380.jpg (220 KB, 1280x974)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
What are best forms of cardio workout?
By best I mean, most effective for your overall endurance. Swimming and running long distances are my guesses but enlighten me on this topic.
>>
How can BMI be a useful measurement when it doesnt account for muscle mass ?
>>
File: 1530051028108.jpg (125 KB, 671x900)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
How do you stand up for yourself? (e.g. people talking over you, making fun of you)

Would you do something if somebody is rude to you or to a random person, or would you avoid confrontation?
>>
>>46809257
here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE6qGlJ_0

once everyday/ every other day. Do it until you can do the whole thing without pausing the video. You only need to know what "hollow body" is also known as "posterior pelvic tilt" and maintain it throughout the whole thing. Starts at 1:00
>>
>>46808982
That's what I want to know too. Been going at it for two months and I'm enjoying it but then here come all these meme spouting fucks trying to be funny and discourage/lie to/confuse other people by ruining what could be something that turns their life around.
Ruining someone's routine to make them look disproportionate as a joke or scaring them away from perfectly sound routines just to be part of le /fit/ kultur XD onions milk amirite guys gtfo DYEL fag!! isn't funny at all, it's a douchebag move.
>>
This isnt related to QTDDTOT, but I just wanted to say this. I just discovered the glass that i drink milk out of, which I thought was 16 oz, is actually closer to 12. I've only ever aimed for a surplus of 250-300 so now I know that has been closer to half that. I feel like an idiot. I am my own gains goblin.
>>
>>46809584
nice lean bulk man
>>
>>46796676
I can't feel my lats engaging when doing a barbell row. wat do? I try squeezing my back but I feel like I'm squeezing my upper back and not my lats.
>>
>>46809472
Avoid fights, but always finish them. Seriously. If someone's just giving you shit, ignore them or make a joke out of it. But if they throw hands, take it and fight like a champ. Don't fight multiple people though, this isn't a chinese cartoon
>>
>>46809670
i don't stand a chance physically. I want to know how to deal with people who are picking on me verbally, so hopefully this gives me some confidence and I don't look like an easy target.
>>
>>46797804
yes
>>
>>46798781
how bad is the injury? possible to do some cardio and light weights? doesn't have to be anything crazy, anything is better than being completely sedentary for multiple months.

Also make sure to get sufficient protein and just cut your carbs
>>
>>46796676
Should I do warm-up sets even if I only just started? I only started doing this properly.
>>
I keep seeing people here every once in a while say 5x5 is a meme. If 5x5 is bad than what should I be doing instead? Can someone recommend some alternatives? Ty.
>>
>>46809670
ok I am just gonna give you the story so maybe you can give me some canned responses

>dude asks me if I am a faggot
>asks me if I like some random guy passing by
>tells a story about some lesbian
>him: "she was fucking tall, manlier than anon here"
>you get the idea
>I didn't feel like arguing, because I've watched tranny/trap porn and other degeneracy.
>would never do something gay, just a fetish(that I indulge rarely and rarely)

It feels stupid to say "no", so I just stay silent and try to laugh it off. Apparently staying silent means that I agree with what he said. Some random anon has advised for amplifying the insult so as to make it ridiculous, and I recently saw the same idea in yt video. For example:

>r u a faggot?
>haha yeah I once had sex with 10 dudes, 3 trannys and a dog

but I don't feel like this sounds good, or at least I can't think of a way to amplify faggotry.
>>
>>46796676
Should I fap?
>>
>>46809961
5+5+5+5+5 is good imo
>>
>>46809972
Only if you intended to fap to women with no dicks attached to them
>>
>>46810013
Aight then im finerino
>>
How the fuck do I make social gains? I dont know how to talk to people like a normal person. My two friends are autistic weirdos. I love them but I can never do anything with them in public. I feel so alone. What's the point of looking good if you don't have the charm to go with it? Fuck
>>
I'm looking to get back into working out after a seven month hiatus. What workout routine should I use to get back to where I was?
>>
>>46810093
30-50% of the weight you did before you stopped and see how it feels.
>>
File: frankyang.jpg (113 KB, 900x900)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Is it enough to do two sets of ab wheel to failure five days a week before bed? I don't do any abdominal specific work right now.
>>
>>46810013
>dick = gay
>no dick = straight
>tits = straight
>no tits = gay
>straight porn = (tits + no dick)+(dick + no tits)
>straight porn has 50% gay to straight ratio
>futa/tranny porn = (tits + dick) + (tits + dick)
>futa/tranny porn has 50% gay to straight ratio
What's the difference
>>
>>46810092
social workouts or more like homework.
10x talk to random stranger per week
1x attempt to give a genuine compliment in your interactions
3x touch the people you are talking with
7xleaving the house per week (even if you got nothing to do, just take a walk, and be on the lookout for people who might be more open to small talk)
1x help/play with random old person, little kid. (lots of these in the parks, they are easy to talk to, kids especially think you are badass just because you are old)
4x ask people on the street for directions even if you know where you are going
4x ask people about the time
bonus if you are advanced
3xtalk to a woman that you do not intend/wih to have sexual relationship with.

You can think up meany similar quests. Also if you see a cat on the street, pet her.
>>
>>46810230
lesbian porn is 100 %straight, that's what I meant by woman with no dicks
>>
>>46810124
So lighter reps, got it. How about program? Is the same six day ppl split I was doing before gonna cut it? Or is there a more optimum routine to get me going again?
>>
>>46810364
dunno, I do something like

pppplplpppplppplppppppplppppplpplpppppplppppl
>>
>>46810394
>Johnny Bravo's routine
>>
>>46810311
up to a point
after that it's full on cuck, beating out the cuck who wants to get fucked alongside his girl by the bull barely, and closet tranny
>>
>>46810179
That's probably fine if you're doing decent squats and deads and whatnot.

You don't even "need" to do anything. But it's still good to do something from time to time, imo
>>
>>46810572
Actually I read it wrong, sorry.

I would divvy it up such that you only do the ab wheel 2 or 3 days a week, but do a few sets, rather than only one set to failure.
>>
I read about this on another imageboard and got me curious about the physiology behind it.

Lets say a person feels tired all day, he consumes a "normally unhealthy" diet which consists of junk food and frozen meals. Then one day said person begins ingesting large amount of refined sugar, table sugar, and he says he has never felt better before. Does this person have diabetes or something? Or is feeling an unprecedented level of energy a normal reaction for a normal person? Because I thought while its normal to feel you have more energy when ingesting lots of table sugar I thought there was a thing such as too much sugar and an inverse effect for a heatlhy person.
>>
>>46796676
What can I do against too high test?
(DHT is killing my hair despite family history of not showing any signs of balding way after 50, hemocrit is going crazy, making gains while doing cardio only, bodyhair increases rapidly, skin is realy bad, high sexdrive and hour long random boners)
Should I eat more onions, take anti-androgens or take finasteride and donate blood on a regular basis?
>>
>>46809969
that dude seriously sounds like he's in middleschool or highschool, or that he's a boomer that still thinks pointing out that someone is gay or lesbian is funny just like that.
classmates used to say shit like that back in highschool and I just laughed it off just so they would shut up. I don't see how you'd get into a fight because of that though, unless the guy is being overly aggressive about it and calling you a faggot and demeaning you in front of others.
>>
>>46809961
Ppl. Everybody does ppl.

But you can still do some squats on one (or even both) of your push days, and you can do a little bit of non-leg stuff on your leg days.

You gotta feel it out. It's all about balancing your volume to meet your recovery. Your routine can be dynamic, but you gotta learn how to do that.
>>
>>46798381
no abs mode
>>
When do I graduate from SS?
>>
I used to watch a video all the time of this scandanavian (i think) from probably late 70s/early 80s. This was a youtube video of him training, obviouslu from some norwegian documentary. He was a shotputter or something like that. Anyways the video had lots of olympic weight training and footage of him running. Very inspurational. Anyone have sauce? Thank you
>>
If bulking do I eat at a surplus every day or only days I lift?
>>
File: 66686144512.png (172 KB, 500x355)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>46811285
Dude I've asked this same question and proposed examples to see if anyone would correct me and nobody ever tells me how long you do SS for.
pic related for all of you fags
>>
will sprinting up a hill on rest days lower my resting heart rate
>>
>>46810572
>>46810603
Yeah I will do at least a few sets. I already have some abdominal muscle from even before I began lifting (backflips and trampoline stuff) but I realize as I squat heavier and heavier that my core is the part failing me on form and limiting my progression (and I want my body to be reliable) as well as wanting to have some killer abs. How come only 2 or 3 days a week though? I've heard that like calves, you can work abdominals every day (something about them being a smooth muscle or something). Thanks for the help anon.
>>
>>46811534
>>46811285
You do it until linear progression stops like it says in the book you god damn retards.
>>
I'm a noob aiming for otter mode, will squatting 2x a week turn me into t-rex mode?
>>
>>46811824
Kek
>>
>>46811839
>squatting only 2x a week
>making it
choose one
>>
>>46811877
I actually want to fit into regular sized pants. I just want to be a bit bigger and have some muscle mass I'm not aiming for what you faggots consider making it.
>>
I'm about 185 but carrying about 5-10 pounds of body fat around my belly and chest. If I'm in the gym lifting 4 days a week, how many days a week of HIIT cardio training should I do to preserve the gains I make lifting?
>>
>>46811953
Holy shit you're legitimately retarded. Best of luck m8!
>>
>>46811980
appreciate it lad.
>>
How much carryover do deficit deadlifts have to standard deadlifts?
>>
>>46811824
Wait so I have to wait until I realize I can't keep adding weight to the bar?
>add 5kg extra
>fail
>BYE SS TIME FOR THE BIG BOY LEAGUE
is that it?
>>
>>46797804
PHPPL
>>
File: 1530635545280.jpg (1.22 MB, 1376x2236)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
anyone got the bodyfat % chart?
>>
LISS cardio during a fast or nah?
>>
>>46812162
First one or two times that happens you can deload and then go again, but if you stall after that then time for a new program (or more food)
>>
if you're lazy and want to do as little as possible but remain as healthy as possible what do you think is the cutoff point for bodyfat percentage?
I'm 18%.
>>
>>46811953
T-Rex mode is making it
>>
>>46798381

It doesn't matter because you have no muscle. Go lift for like 6 months then ask again.
>>
>>46805839
bump
>>
HELLO. What would happen if someone ate 1,000,000 calories of Mass Gainer in 1 day? I want to eat 1,000,000 calories in 1 day. Each spoon is 1,250 calories so I only need 800 spoonfuls. But each spoon is also 50 grams of protein so that's 40,000 grams of protein in 1 day. Will I die?
>>
>>46805839
did you try lifting weights?
you're going to struggle to gain much muscle while eating at a deficit, but lifting should at least stop you from losing muscle. If you're still losing muscle then you're eating too little.
>>
>>46813061
It is physically impossible to eat that many calories in a single day
>>
5 egg omelette at breakfast, add cheese and salami to your content
fast for the rest of the day
>>
>>46813061
Your organs will unironically shut down, and you will die puking and shitting yourself
>>
>>46813197
>It is physically impossible to eat that many calories in a single day
I'm not so sure. I chug 10 scoops quick. That's 12,500 calories right there. Just 80 glasses more to go.
>>
>>46813061
>a spoon is 1250 calories
nigger your math is WRONG
>>
>>46813231
only one way to find out
>>
>>46796699
Paging DR FAGGOT
>>
File: gas calories.png (45 KB, 964x333)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
pic related shows non-food items contain calories too. So I'm wondering if there is anything I can eat that isn't "technically" food but can still get tons of calories from it.
>>
>>46813061
each serving for 1250kcal is 600g, you're already wrong
>>
>>46812802
Males 20-45 healty BF% is between 10-15
>>
>>46813296
i hope you're not trolling because im amazed you can still post coherent phrases being so retarded
calorie is a measure of how much energy does it take to heat a liter of water 1° celsius, you retarded burger. pretty much everything can be burned and heat up something. That's the definition of calorie.
>>
Is it a good idea, if I have a friend spotting me, to just keep doing heavy sets until failure? Talking specifically about bench press here but curious about other lifts too.
>>
How can I tell if I have telogen effluvium or I'm just a balding faggot?

There's no history of baldness in my family that I'm aware of (however literally everyone has NW2/3 with no crown thinning, fiveheads, widows peaks, etc.) apart from my fat alcoholic dart huffing dad. After a incredibly stressful period of about 5 months in which I hit rock bottom with my depression and anxiety, became suicidal, lost all my friends in some very volatile fallouts and had a near mental breakdown, my hair's gone dead straight almost all over when it's usually wavy with thick curls on top and my scalp is more visible on top in an inconsistent pattern on and around the crown. If I pull my hair back on the sides and back I can see a shit load of scalp, but it's not consistent. All the hairs that are falling out have white bulbs on them.
>>
>>46813667
Even my eyebrows are thinner now and are shedding what is this JUST shit
>>
The most comfortable hand width for me for bench press is close grip (shoulder width), so I do that for bench. Am i missing anything out by not training wider grips?
>>
>>46797849
I do PHUL, and I perform 4x10 Landmine Twists and 4x10 Cable Crunches at the end of my lower body days. Works like a charm desu, really helps with stability.
>>
I finished my civil service back in may and before that I ran a half marathon. Currently I'm on holiday in south Korea, which is a two month holiday. I didn't do any cardio and I smoked quite a lot. How bad will it affect my cardio? How much pain will I be in when I start running again in August
>>
>>46813844
It will suck hard but you will be back to your old pace faster then it took to get there in the first place
>>
My creatine tub is sealed but expired 2 months ago, is it ok to eat or would I be better buying another one?
>>
keep cutting or bulk ? any advice?
>>
>>46814146
>>
File: 1531470692927.jpg (26 KB, 500x407)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
This fucking cut in calories is murdering me. Does it get any better after a few days?
It's just every time I get off shift and go home I'm ready to down a huge bowl of cereal or something.
Please brothers give me some advice on what to eat that'll stray me away from eating shit.
>>
retard here
I want to workout with only compound lifts, should I do 5 x 5, 3 x 8 or 3 x 5?
I don't know what my max lifts are but when I was working out a year ago I was doing 50kg bench 3 x 8 and 30kg ohp 3 x 8, im guessing I should do 5 x 5 until I can do one plate OHP and bench right?
>>
>>46814231
I'm a pleb but what worked for me is sticking perfectly to 3 meals a day, no snacks and I have a phone reminder just for lunchtime (I never have a good sense of when that is). It took a week for my hunger pains to go away, so you can basically train yourself to feel less hungry. When you feel hunger pains eat something tiny or soup. I've been feeling in very good control of my weight ever since I started caring about my diet.
>>
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/train-like-dwayne-the-rock-johnson.html

What do you guys think of this guys plan, including diet and workouts? I'm thinking of copying it, but replacing swimming for running.
>>
>>46814928
meme routine unless you're going to roid like the rock
>>
>>46814962
What makes it a meme routine?
>>
>>46814973
far too much volume, filled out with a bunch of unnecessary obscure isolations (squats followed by hack squats followed by 1 legged hack squats) just to tire you out to give the illusion that it's working
you'll burn yourself out pretty quick doing that much shit with only 1 rest day
>>
>>46815015
But he looks good so it seems to work.
>>
>>46815036
R O I D S
O
I
D
S
>>
>>46815057
Roids aren't going to give you that body without proper training
>>
>>46815057
Good clever no response

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.