[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38 KB, 706x720)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
What do you guys do for a living? Does your job make it hard for you to stay fit? Also is there any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?
>>
self-employed biz owner, work my own hours. i don't make much after taxes (because I live in Yuropoor) and don't pay myself a huge salary but i have a shitload of time and can't really complain desu.

high school dropout as well.
>>
>>47954573
This. I taught myself basic web development and now I have a handful of websites/apps that generate me an average of roughly $130 a day. Lots of free time. But i am trying to increase my earnings, and have hope to do so in the near future. Also, a hs dropout.
>>
>>47954510
I'm also wondering this. Seems like /fit/ mostly consists of either college students pursuing boring, bland careers like engineering/IT or guys currently in those jobs. More power to you if you actually enjoy that stuff but it sounds boring as hell and I'm worried about what I'm going to do since nothing about those kinds of jobs appeals to me.
>>
>>47954510
Self employed motion graphics designer, ton of well paid work and ton of free time.
Self-employment is the real redpill.
>>
>>47954697
Pretty cool. What kinds of projects have you worked on?
>>
CS degree, working in IT.

>Does your job make it hard for you to stay fit?

No, because I just work 8 hours/day how it's supposed to be. Plenty of time to work out in the week.

>Also is there any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?

Sometimes the co-workers and the mentality of them. Not all of them of course but for various I can't connect to most of them very much. Especially this pseudo-elitism they breathe.

>>47954690
>bland careers like engineering/IT or guys currently in those jobs

Don't know how that's bland. Not taking it too personally but there are so many sub-fields in these two areas that you would be suprised how exciting they can be.
>>
>>47954628
Be my mentor senpai
>>
>>47954738
>there are so many sub-fields in these two areas that you would be suprised how exciting they can be.

I guess that's true. I just tend to look at those fields as jobs for boring beta provider nerd dads. The only engineering jobs I'd actually be impressed by would be like designing roller coasters or working as a Disney Imagineer or something.
>>
>>47954510
Engineering undergrad then law school to be an IP attorney

Might drop it all to be an entrepreneur though Idk
>>
>>47954510
Tech inside sales. make a shit ton of money but feel like OP pic and drink every night when I get home. Married with 2 kids at 28 and on path to retire around 40 pretty comfortably but fuck do I feel dead inside most days.

Serious for you unemployed folks, just go into sales. Most say they want a bachelors but that's complete bs unless you're doing something like pharma or lockheed martin. Tech sales, and especially inside, is easy as fuck to get into and can offer great money for the skill investment
>>
I work fulltime as a bouncer for a club, 2 man door. No excuses to miss gym. Im looking into becoming a firefighter or vehicle mechanic
>>
Utility locating. Lots of walking, some lifting. My work day is an 8 hour warm up session.
>>
Freelance videographer. It's feast or famine, I'll have two weeks of no work and then 4 12 hour days in a row (I work at a suicide pace).

Took years to get here, I don't make a lot of money, and I enjoy out thoroughly. Not having a boss, not having a commute, sounds like freedom to me.
>>
File: It's a mad world..jpg (656 KB, 3240x4320)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
I work 6 days a week at 2 different bars. Its fucking brutal and working out/being healthy has become hard because I'm drinking a lot on the job and eating the greasy high carb food at the place. My bosses don't care because I only drink if the customers pay for it, also I can handle my booze. Been thinking about going back to school, but not sure for what. I'm 25 now and I just want to escape this hellish life.
>>
>>47954510
first year of medical school
really fucked up my workout schedule

cool shit tho
>>
I'm a physicist working with medical devices.
We have a mediocre "wellness center" onsite, but it's got a barbell and plates so it works for me. I do full body weight training 4 days a week, Tues, Thurs, Sat + Sun.
During the week I'll go around 9 am and call that my lunch break since I normally don't take one. I'm good at what I do so it's not really an issue to take 1:30-1:45 twice a week to work out.
>>
>>47954510
Lots of söyboys in here that definitely aren’t white
>>
>>47954927
>really fucked up my workout schedule

But why?
The week got like 168 hours. 100hrs of 'free time'.

Don't tell me you study more than 40-50 hrs/week? Because well, nobody does (atleast efficiently)
>>
File: 1538842928484.jpg (17 KB, 267x228)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Rancher and no I'm always throwing hay bales and bags of feed around or messing with the cows/horses. No I wouldn't trade it for anything it's a nice peaceful life. I don't have to worry about idiots/shooters/psychos. I sometimes do feel like I am missing out on my youth not going clubbing or things like that but I think it's overrated most of the time. I go to concerts, bars, fairs and carnivals anyways so I don't think I miss much. I use dating apps to meet girls there's a bunch of little towns all within 50-100 miles of each other and 3 mayor cities the furthest being 3 hours away.
>>
>>47954985
Sounds comfy as hell, anon.
>>
>>47954963
>what is a class schedule
>>
>>47954628
Pls advise
>>
Software Developer

I don't really like or care about technology anymore, but is pretty easy, nice benefits, low stress ECT.

There are times when I wish I did something cooler but oh well.
>>
>>47954764
I guess but I mean I'll make 6 figures hopefully within the next 3 to 5 years in IT. Being single thats quite a bit of money for me. I work to live not live to work, and IT pays out son.
>>
>>47954962
>söyboy

lol wait what?
That's a racial slur against white people.
>>
>>47955074
No doubt. I just wish I had any interest in that stuff. I fucking hate math and the only thing I enjoyed in high school was theater. I just want to be a screenwriter/actor. Most likely going to be poor for life lol.
>>
Network Engineer for ISP. Hours are random somtimes but usually 8-5. Some days ill put in my 8 and go home and others ill put in 16. I also work maintenance windows in the middle of night. People dont like their internet breaking during the day. I usually know what my week is going to look like ahead of time so I plan my rest days on days that ill work late.
>>
>>47954963
You really dont believe that a med student is extraordinarily busy?? Look up an average med school class schedule lol
>>
I'm at IT guy. I sit a lot but I work at a university so I get to use the university gym on the cheap so that owns.
>>
>>47955109
Lol maybe. There's something to be said for sure about doing what you love for work, I just can't or don't want to try and make a living out of hardcore punk music, lifting, and downhill skiing lol.
>>
>>47955120
Do you get paid more if you work nights?
>>
Law student.

Daily exercise regimen, increasing total weight every few months.

Being a law student didn't get in the way, it motivated me more. Being a lawyer won't either. Excuses are just that.
>>
Army. Its gay as fuck. The chow hall food is garbage and we are in bumfuck nowhere working stupid hours. I feel like I'm dying on the inside. Plenty of exercise though 7/10 would reenlist.
>>
I'm do pollution and oil spill response on the great lakes. Not a lot of pollution going in my AOR so I have a lot of free time to work out in the gym attached to my building.
I love my job.
>>
I am salary so I can take a flat maintenance pay or I can can come in late or not at all the next day. My salary is pretty nice so the maintenance pay is peanuts usually. I'm in my early 20's so staying up late is not that bad.
>>
>>47955205
How's your schedule otherwise?

Is it true you need to study all the time? I've heard that but idk if that's just brainlets talking
>>
>>47955197
I am salary so I can take a flat maintenance pay or I can can come in late or not at all the next day. My salary is pretty nice so the maintenance pay is peanuts usually. I'm in my early 20's so staying up late is not that bad.
>>
>>47954510
Civil Engineer. I'm happy.
>>
>>47955033
Do you really think a class schedules ups your week to 60 hrs University time (class schedule + studying)?

Because I never met anyone who had such a busy week that he/she could NOT fit 3x 1.5 hr workout in the week.

But anyway, it's all about priorities. But many try to excuse it.
>>
>>47954985
You're living the dream anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (347 KB, 2048x1365)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
unemployed currently. for 4 years I had an internship and later a middle management job at a logistics company, even had a company car. boss was a pain in the ass so i quit. was supposed to find what I love but for 3 months I haven't really. Got my health back tho and started lifting again now that I became better-rested. Money is starting to run out so I can either go back to the company for a couple of months to make some money or dunno what else desu.

id like to open a clothing store one day but need money atm
>>
>>47955146
I believe that a med student is busy. But so are most degrees which are not Gender Studies. Especially if you don't work part-time besides studying to support yourself. If you are not working as a University student, you still have time to fit in 2-3 workouts in the week.

If you really think "you are too busy" than make that happen, it's just an excuse or your priorities are in a different order (party/freetime/lurking/movies... > work out).

Never met in 6 years University anyone who was so busy that he had no freetime at all.
>>
>>47954510
>What do you guys do for a living?
Software architect
No, 8 hours. I do think about work when I'm running though also plenty of disposable income for.gym.membership etc
>Alsothere any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?
Yes, in my day to day work routine there is very rarely the opportunity to fly jet fighters or ride in rocketships.
>>
>>47955232
You need to study often.

How much depends on the student and also how attentive you are in class and with the readings. Work hard in class and do the many pre-class readings, less study needed. Do neither or just one, much study needed and sometimes to limited avail.
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195 KB, 315x476)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
Is getting an office job really soul crushing? Will I look like OP's picture?
>>
Teacher. Im working at an independent study school now so I work online almost all the time and meet with students about once a week.
Lots of time to get /fit/
>>
>>47954927
>1st year
>already fucking up
Lol wait until you start going to the clinics. Seriously though I'm on 4th year and only study 2-3 hours on weekends. Never opened a book in my life, just study the lecture powerpoints. You don't even have to be smart to take the degree, literally just have to memorize the notes.
>>
>>47955396
depends, but mostly yes
>>
>>47955018
>>47955277
Thanks anons it's a pretty cozy living I wish more people could enjoy. I don't deal with dumbass people whether it be coworkers, neighbors or the fuck heads you meet around the city or a pos boss. All the time I spend working is for me I'm not making someone else rich or slaving away doing something I hate. There's nothing better sitting on my porch after a hards day work smoking a joint enjoying a cold drink and overseeing the fruits of my labor.
>>
Unemployed
I was working 60 hour weeks making $10/hr building forklifts on a temp contract
They had a system called effectivity which measured how much work you did through the computers and they wanted everyone to do 70% which meant 430 minutes worth of work out of a 600 minute shift
I busted ass doing two stations and helped another guy with a third station and I was getting around 130-140% effectivity which was 900 minutes worth in 600 minutes
I was at station that was easy to mess up and I got it down to about 1 non conformance a week which was unheard of
Showed up 15 minutes early every day, got along with everyone, the plant manager and I were on a first name basis, I won the closest to the pin contest and had supervisors shaking my hand
The list goes on and they still hesitated when thinking about hiring me for $23 an hour with decent benefits so I got pissed and left
I thought I'd take that experience somewhere else and get a better job easily but it's cheaper for these companies to hire niggers through temp agencies and turn them over for $10 an hour with no benefits
Just signed up for an associate's in business, starting class next Wednesday as a boomer, no idea what I'm getting myself into
>>
>>47955504
>no idea what I'm getting myself into

Atleast into something that will break you out of temp work shit hoepfully and that's the most important part. Strive ahead bro.
>>
Carpenter.

I lift a lot of (often heavy) material almost every day. Still find time to train at a club after work 3-4 days and week and on Strongman Saturday.
>>
>>47954510
>>
>>47954510
Actuary
No
>Also is there any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?
Grass is always greener
>>
File: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (29 KB, 474x315)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Union Electrician. Easily the worst decision of my life. Between "optional" mandatory overtime, starts that differ +-3 hours day to day, and lack of time off; lifting is a luxury.

Before this I just delivered food to go towards tuition. By no means /fit/ but I had just broken past 1/2/3/4 and dipped under 20% bf so I could at least justify self-esteem. Been experimenting with different diet/exercise regimen but have been unable to get recovery under a week being unable to manage a sleeping schedule.

Considering moving back home while I try to find a new career but options are limited. Even if I dropped 80lb to my pre-trade weight I'm unlikely to pass a physical. My back may improve but the arthritis in one shoulder won't. Not sure what four years of sleep deprivation does to the brain exactly but not so good at college-level math anymore.

On the upside it will teach you humility. About nine months in, I took a second unpaid sick day, when I returned I was reminded of my lot in life with a write-up. I remember one occasion where the pain was so bad I shat myself and still had two more hours in my shift.

Anyone know any laid-back jobs that are easy to break into? Sometimes I see security guards that read all day, sounds nice.
>>
>>47956118
Damn bro. How old are you now?
>>
>>47954510
Mechanical engineer for an aerospace company. Hours are 7:30-3:30 min-fri, never had any problems making it to the gym.
>>
>>47956118
I assume you're doing construction electrician work. You can easily change to a comfy industrial electrician (lots of factories will hire construction electricians and train you to be industrial) and you basically lay back until something breaks on one of the machines. Anecdotally, I know a guy who works in the local Toyota plant and pulls $60 an hour with actual optional overtime and he mostly does exactly what I spelled out - sits around and waits for shit to break electrically. If you have any PLC experience whatsoever you could become a PLC programmer/industrial electrician and make even more. He wants to be an author and has since written like 10k pages since April.

Likewise, you can join the local utilities and work a comfy 7-3 job working inside substations doing panel wiring.
>>
>>47956118
I work in engineering for a major automotive company and the union skilled trades guys at my location literally cannot be mandated overtime and also have a rolling schedule to 40 a week, 10 hours overtime without sign off. So they come and go as they please. Some of them work like almost 0 in the week and come in for nearly the entire weekend and end up in overtime while they're sleeping because production is down. My advise would be to find your way into an in-house union and make use of having a journeyman license. Assuming you're US, that is. On mobile so cannot see where you're posting from. Godspeed anon
>>
I have a shitty job now. I graduated college but can’t find good work. Thinking about just doing construction desu. Thoughts? I could work my way up.
>>
>>47955540
Lol at often heavy okay grug
>>
>>47956118
Jesus fucking Christ where are you from? I’m a sprinklerfitter in Boston and guys in every trade are beating the shit out of themselves to get dat sweet premium time, sparkies included
>>
>>47954510
High school dropout, but spent my time with learning useful skills. Then became a software developer for 10 years, ruined my fucking posture, extremely stressful and long hours.

I'm in internet marketing now, surprisingly good pay (85K/year) and I've got 10 hours of free time per day. Going to open my own agency next year. Feels good to finally have enough time to get fit again.
>>
Auto mechanic.

Pretty easy to stay fit as long as there's a nice balance of work (not too much to be too busy to go, not so little that I cant afford to go.) Its pretty physical work sometimes so that alone, coupled with my good genetics, is enough to keep a base level of fitness.

The only downside is my hands. They're always getting fucked up and heading into my 10th year, the pain isn't fading as fast as it used to. It doesn't help that I also do boxing and BJJ, both shit on your hands, but overall I'm happy enough.
>>
>>47955500
Based and checked.
>>
>>47956175
>>47956222
>>47956256
Yeah, I heard factory gigs are sweet. No way in this local to apply for your own job as far as I know, book only. Supposedly, it's very difficult to actually transfer locals unless you are only signing the traveling book, which is at a disadvantage.

I figure my best bet if I wanted to get a job like that would be non-union in another county. The risk is, after we were already in about a year, they dropped a contract on us; get caught non-union, we sue you $30k for the time and resources used to train you. If we didn't sign, lose your job immediately.

>>47956271
Chicago here, even if I wanted the damn OT, some contractors have a nasty habit of forgetting to log those hours. I could call a business agent, but funny how often the investigating party is related to the guy running the job.
>>
>>47954510
Firefighter, chill at base, lift, get bitches wet by the mear mention of being a firefighter, 6’2 and 198lb also make 90k+ a year
>>
>>47956482
>also make 90k+ a year

doubt.jpg
>>
Is life all just a fucking meme? I've been told that STEM and business are great majors, but now I find out that a lot of international kids are stealing them. also some engineering degrees are shit. I was told that trade schools are good, but working long back breaking hours is fucking rough on you.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE LEFT?!
>>
File: 1453681980195.gif (512 KB, 480x270)
512 KB
512 KB GIF
>>47956269
?

Question from OP is if we have careers that align with our fitness goals.
>>
>>47956271
>>47956482
We had to have a firewatch at a jobsite today, the firefighter said that the new guys applying (80+ wait list) are all EMTs and vets that don’t know how to use hand tools? He said everyone in the FD used to have a trade background but not anymore, is that true?
>>
>>47956516
Ignore him. /fit/ is seriously one of the dumbest boards on 4chan despite having a lot of STEM majors on it. So many people I've interacted with here seem to be barely literate.
>>
Construction materials technician. I sit around on a construction site making sure that the crews don't do a shitty job. My specialty is in earthworks like foundations and roadways. I spend lots of time doing nothing, which is both a blessing and a curse. I work around 60 hours a week, but I have timed it and found that I only spend 20 hours a week actually working. I have to carry around about 50 pounds of equipment for short distances and get a lot of work swinging a pickaxe and turning a hand auger. Being forced to stay on the job site for $13/hr sucks, especially when you still live with your parents and dont need the money. I would have quit, but I am getting experience towards a professional geologist license. And once I am licensed, I have connections to get an easy government job. Then I will only make $35k/yr, but also only work roughly 20hrs/week, which is a pretty sweet deal for me. Most of the guys at the department I interned at brought in six figures by investing their salaries in stocks and starting side businesses. Also plenty of time for lifting.
>>
petroleum engineer

+boatloads of money
-blow it all on hookers and coke
>>
>>47955396
depends on the place you work at imo. office culture and the type of people you work with makes a big difference. i have an office job now and enjoy it just because it's fun interacting with co-workers all day and the work is tolerable
>>
>>47954510
occupational therapist. Love it. Being fit doesn't really matter cuz its all dumb women in the profession.
>>
>>47956806
What kind of office job is it?
>>
>>47956279
>internet marketing
Do you have any books or articles on this topic that helped your career?
I have a lot of time on my hands at work and could do well to read something useful.
>>
>>47956813
thats not very nice why does not being fit matter
>>
>>47956877
i work in the IT department for a retirement community company
>>
File: 1510529946109.jpg (94 KB, 750x724)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>fall for the 'study what you love' meme
>graduate from college with an absolutely useless meme degree
>haven't been able to find a job in the year since I graduated, a few interviews but no calls back
>been stuck wageslaving in retail hell
>leaving next month to join the US Air Force to do cyber stuff
This is going to suck but at least it'll get me out of my boomer parent's house and there's a slim chance that i could go somewhere like Japan
>>
>>47956555
I'd have to agree.
>>
>>47955228
How do you get into that ?
>>
>>47954510
I teach English to Korean kids elementary through early high school

Nope. I have a perfect work-life balance. I work a straight 40 hours a week from 1:30-9:30 pm. I wake up at 8 and read for an hour, write for an hour or two, and work out for 40-90 minutes. Shower, eat lunch, hang, go to work, go home, eat dinner, talk to the gf, and fuck around on 4chan or read till bed time.

I love teaching and I love working with kids. I've always excelled in English courses and on standardized reading tests (780/800 on the verbal SAT, 172 on the LSAT). I've published essays and short stories and I've turned down admittance+generous scholarships at top law schools to stay here and teach. The only down side is I'll have to leave in a year or two and do something else (half of my family is in education state-side so I know what a shit show that is).
>>
>>47954510
>NEET whose had odd jobs here and there but all were temporary jobs.
>It sucks being broke but at least I have time for lifting
>Have applied to dozens of jobs to either get turned down the next day or not hear back at all
How do I escape unemployment, /fit/?
>>
>>47954813
this, im in SaaS sales at a startup in San Diego. 23 years old, made $8500 in commission last month
>>
>>47954510

>IT
>Administration/Hardware/Support all rolled into one job

I want to die, it's super easy and the pay is decent but I basically just deal with idiots 8 hours/day. Wageslaving is horse shit.
>>
File: 1465090502384.jpg (85 KB, 960x960)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>47954510
I teach BJJ and work at the gym otherwise.

Pretty sweet existence. Get to train 2+ times a day and sit around watching BJJ videos all day.

Doesn't pay much, but I'd like to eventually open my own gym. I know this business angle pretty well, so I could do decent.
>>
>>47954813
>>47957038

It is true that most sales people are just faking it? When I watch Grant Cardone, everyone in his videos seems happy and energetic af. I've noticed that a lot of people in my school that are studying sales are pretty much the same way. They all seem fake.
>>
>>47954510
Realtor here. Its basically my own business, i make my own hours. I also have one rental property and i plan on buying a few more.
>diversify_yo_bonds_nigga.wav
Anyway with my job it's pretty easy to stay fit. I go to local ymca four days a week and jog the other days.
Keeping fit actually helps me in my work; normies at work look at me like i'm an alpha chad and women that i work with are always super friendly. had a few of them set me up with friends for dates but i generally dont do that too often.
Hot big tiddied women work in pharma sales because it works, fit dudes work in RE because it works too.
>>
unskilled pleb labourer here

I really need to choose a trade or something.
>>
Car salesman
>>
Corporate trainer. The constant travel makes it pretty difficult to be consistent. I have memberships with a variety of gyms so I can use various locations.
>>
File: 1390455634561.gif (2.97 MB, 200x180)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
>>47954510
Straight out of college I started drawing furry porn commissions full time instead of looking for a job with my stem degree and four years later I'm still at it just barely brushing up against 6 figures. This year I paid off 50k in student loans and bought a condo in the city, right next to a good gym too so thats nice. I feel like no one else is doing what I'm doing to the degree that I'm doing it so it can feel a little surreal. But provided I can keep the same heavy demand going for years to come I'm in a pretty good place. I just work out in the mornings and then work almost all day on painting dogs fucking each other or whatever then go to bed. The part of my job I don't like is dealing with the insane autists who have an aneurysm if you draw 18 stripes on their neon green tiger instead of 17.
>>
File: Kars All-Star Battle.png (57 KB, 334x639)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>47954510
Bouncer, police officer, fire fighter, and male stripper
>>
>>47957309
>people actually pay for this

Good for you but goddamn I hate humanity sometimes.
>>
>>47956908
Reading books about internet marketing is idiotic because it's a constantly changing field (weekly Google algorithm updates, ad campaign results vary from industry to industry etc.) You also have to decide what you want to go for. PPC, SEO, social media marketing... it's all free to learn, SEO & PPC being the most high paying (80-150K/year depending on where you live) However, general marketing books apply. How To Win Friends & Influence People, Ca$hvertising, Think And Grow Rich and The Ultimate Salesletter are books that helped me.
>>
>>47955504
>>47955538
This is what is keeping me from sustaining a decent job. Most companies ive applied to only get workers through temp agencies and they dont give a shit about you. The only workers who get hired are kiss asses who are conniving manipulators. Its usually mind numbing and physical labor which in turn makes being fit incredibly difficult
>>
>>47955504
Your work ethic will take you a long way. Most people have absolutely none. You wont regret classes, keep pushing yourself and you'll make it.
>>
I'm a NEET
Don't even know what to do with my life besides increasing my SS numbers every other day
>>
>>47954985
I'm a farm boy but had to quit the family farm cuz ag is in the shitter. I worked everyday maybe had 7days of not working. Wish I could do it full time again. Never had a social life tho... But don't have one now either lol
>>
I used to be an engineer. I worked on compilers. Now I live in an RV and do /fit/ life all day, so no. I think I needed to go through the culture shock of thinking I would like something and then coming to hate it once I had it to grow as a person.

I'm about to embark on a half year nofap, nosit, nocarb journey. Wish me luck brosephs!
>>
>>47957145
as far as during the sale? yes its absolutely fake. For example in SaaS sales you're just on the phone and on screenshares with people. Body language means nothing in that kind of environment so it's all about learning to guide or manipulate peoples emotions using tones/inflections/pauses in your speaking. You can be having a terrible day but you still need to sound perfect on the phone if you want to close any deals
>>
>>47957616
Seriously though, I'll probably fap.
>>
>>47957620
How long does it take to close deals? I don't think I could do sales because I'm a pretty aspie person. Really wish I could thought. Sales is a great skill to have.
>>
File: 1538530609863.jpg (646 KB, 839x1068)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
am i the only lowlife here? been doing customer service meme for 7 years. can't seem to get into any other job. at this rate i just wanna be a stay at home husband. fuck jobs and fuck people
>>
been wageslaving for a nightclub on the weekends and working a horticulturist trade during the week. thought boys? work 6 days a week every week... yikes.
>>
File: 1428696335123.jpg (106 KB, 400x280)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>47957678
I've been in and out of college for 8 years now. I should be done with my degree, but I'm not. I've also been working at the same shitty restaurant for 10 years. I feel like I'm stuck in this shit life forever. I'm getting too old for this shit. I just want to figure out what I want to do with my life and just go for it.
>>
>>47957748
i work at a gas station currently. 10 hours with zero breaks, always alone. i'm about to lose my mind at a customer one of these days
>>
>>47954510
I work in the steel trades. Trade is Boilermaking and Welding. But I don't weld often any more. Mostly steel fitting, rigging and climbing around refineries.
When i work it's like 13 hours a day for two months straight, then I'm off for a wile. Very active job but i become lazy as fuck when i'm off work.
>>
Fell for the STEM meme. I’m ferociously antisocial and a loner, getting a job was like running the gauntlet.

Currently wageslaving as a senior consultant engineer at one of the Big Four, aka your regular corporate schmuck.

Some days it’s meh, other days it’s fucking abysmal and want to end myself. I really hate anything that is routine and even consulting has started to become thus.

Currently considering NEETdom as soon as my measly financial investments let me go into full monk mode, which is about a year or two but fucking hell I don’t know if I’m going to make it.

Pursuing /fit/ness so I can feel a bit better I guess but it’s draining like 50% of my free time so it’s actually depressing but I can’t stop lifting otherwise I feel bad how do I get out of this help
>>
>>47957777
Yeah I know that feel, Anon. Working at a restaurant has helped me with my people skills. I can now make small talk and look people in the eyes w/o feeling weird. But at the same time, I've also started to hate people sooo much. Whenever I get a shitty customer, I just start having murderous thoughts and it just ends up getting darker and darker as the time goes on. I know I won't do anything, but I know this isn't normal. This job is fucking killing me on the inside. Also since I work the bar on some nights, I've also started to become an alcoholic.
>>
Sales manager for a promotional marketing company

Yes and no - when I dont have to travel it's easy as because as long as my team hits targets the boss doesnt care what we do. But when I travel it's shit, diet goes out the window on client meetings/hotel food and many hotels have fucking shite gyms

There's literally not a single part of my job that I enjoy apart from the money and the guys and girls in my team. The money is fantastic, but the work is shit, high pressure, you work 7 days a week and you're always on call even when you take a holiday
>>
>>47957777
Checked
>>
if you are actually big be a server if you wanna make easy money
>>
Medical resident. Pay sucks, hours are crazy long and the people are stressful or just plain depressing. Working 90hrs a week with people dying on me or dealing with junkies is hard to lift but I wouldn’t do anything else. I feel like a badass, get solve complex problems, be a part of some amazing peoples lives, and flirt with nurses all day. I make enough now to have a nice home gym out back under the mountains and when I’m done I’ll pulling down good money too, but most of all i just love being a doctor. You know that part in lethal weapon where Mel Gibson talked about how the the only thing that gets him up in the morning is the job? That’s me. I was a lot more fit when I had easier jobs but I guess my point is lifting ain’t everything.
>>
>>47957872
Huge respect, man.
>>
/fit/: where everyone is ripped, a genius in engineering/software/doctor and extremely wealthy due to their jobs making multiple times more what similarly aged people make while also having a lot of sex and many friends as well
>>
File: kiirstinleigh.png (991 KB, 640x722)
991 KB
991 KB PNG
How the fuck do you guys find the time to study, work out and go to work? What time do you guys wake up? Are you getting enough sleep?
>>
Was planning on becoming an architect, went to a technical school for 2 years and got certified in a few Engineering/Architecture softwares and was interning at an Architecture firm, few months later I decide to try LSD for the first time in my life because during High School I was a loser who didn't do anything and just wanted to alienate myself from everyone, blacked out, my friends ditched me, one of them knocked me out, jumped in like 3 lakes, cops showed up and pulled me out by grabbing my hair and I ended up hitting the cop because I went on defensive mode, currently serving probation and got 2 felonies. I want to kill myself every day. I play soccer and go to the gym but sadly I'm a 5' 10" manlet and I'm only 160 pounds because of all the cardio I do.
>>
File: BbOe1X6.png (23 KB, 645x773)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>47958035
Short answer is no work and hobbies don't really get in the way of lifting unless you're planning to be in the medical and law field because you have to be focused completely on studies. At least that's what everyone says.
>>
>>47954510
chef
fits in easily

late services can fuck you though
>>
>>47957990
>be multimillionaire

>don't study don't really work
>wake up at 9-10 am
>fuck around on 4chan and check other funny sites
>go to breakfast at 11-12
>have cuppa coffee and food
>back home
>get to gym around 2-3
>lift+hour of gentle cardio
>get home at 5-6
>shower
>Dinner around 7
>Attend to some business or whatever
>learn some meme stuff, fuck around on 4chin
>make big vegetable smoothie and drink
>sleep at midnight
>>
File: 71GCAyGhMuL._SX425_.jpg (24 KB, 425x425)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>47957488
Hopefully you can get back to doing what you enjoy anon. I never grew crops but raise livestock instead. It's a little more effort to have a social life I feel but I just invite people out to my ranch, they seem to really enjoy seeing the animals and getting away from everything.
>>
>>47957176
Be a bricklayer like me, it's the chad trade.
>>
Organ Donation Clinical Coordinator (PA-C)
>>
>>47954510
I’m a trainer and paradoxically yes it’s quite difficult to get my workouts in sometimes
My schedule pretty much revolves around my clients so I’m at the gym sometimes from 5-9 or more
>>
The only acceptable /fit/ careers are astronaut or firefighter.
>>
>>47958414
You think anyone on this board is smart enough to be an astronaut?
>>
>>47958403
so is your job like that Repo men movie

do you rip organs out of poor people and give them to rich lads?
>>
>>47954763
Sauce?
>>
Teaching english little kids in Vietnam. I’m not even native (slav eurofag) and still don’t get paid under $20/hour. I make around $2500 a month, easily saving one thousand from each salary. I don’t work much, so have a lot of free time. Training Muay Thai with thai trainers 4-5 times a week. Have a hot asian girlfriend and everything is cheap here. I’m 26 and life is good
>>
The only truck driver on /fit/, reporting in again.
Today I took a fucking UBER 10 miles to my nearest gym branch (I'm not walking or running that, fuck you) to work my back.
I'm pretty sure that I am too retarded to have done anything else with my life desu.
Spent high school banging future roastie and drinking heavily, never planned to go to college, spent what should have been my college years drinking and drifting around America, which is what gave me the idea to do this job in the first place.
I make about 1500 a week though, which is a solid wage for an anti social idiot.
I'll post body when it actually becomes relevant.
>>
compsci dropout turned electrician. love it desu. in the end it's a labour job but there's nothing i like more than wiring whole systems together and troubleshooting electrical problems.
>>
>>47958721
How did you get that job?
>>
>>47958103
nice larp

what kind of dumbass multimillionaire would spend so much time here?
>>
>>47954510
I rent beds by the day. It's a pretty easy job, work 8-4PM, short commute, I'm in charge at the location and have my own office, and it pays rather well.

Only issue is I had to change up my gym time. Now I go bright an early at 4AM because I'm always wiped out in the afternoon. Back in college I was always lifting after classes.
>>
>>47958623
Some asian slut who was tripfagging on /fit/ for a while
>>
>>47954628
>Engineers
>Boring

yeah, maybe if you're a civil engineer

Engineering covers the technical design of pretty much everything though. I design Jaw Crushers, I think its fucking sweet; it pays well, its respected, its stable, its fun
>>
Linguistics student
>>
I work night shift as a police officer in a major US city. Does it make it hard to stay fit? Yes and no. Obviously the schedule isn’t ideal. I literally had three forced overtime shifts in a row last week, which really isn’t that unusual considering my department’s current staffing situation. On track to make about 90k in my first full year so no regrets. Most of the guys I work with put forth at least a reasonable effort to stay /fit/ and the job itself is good extrinsic motivation, plus we have gyms in most stations we can use. We’re not allowed time to work out on duty, like some departments, but it’s not really a bad deal.
>>
>>47954573
This nigga a window washer
>>
>>47957990
>wake up at 6 am
>in the gym by 7 am, leave just after 8
>work from 9-5
>college classes 6-9 for 2 days a week
>if no college classes do another hour in the gym 5:30-6:30
>usually sleep between 10pm and midnight

It's really not that hard
>>
>>47958923
Just google teaching ESL in Vietnam, especially Hanoi. The market is huge
>>
>>47954628
What type of websites are these? How long did it take you to learn? How difficult are they to set up? How do i start making money off them?
>>
>>47956997
Lie on your resumes
>>
Decor and props maker for commercials and movies. Lifting heavy stuff is a given on any day.
>>
>>47955205
>Being a lawyer won't either.
HAHA
HOHO
AHAH

You have no idea.
>>
I work as a police officer.
Cause of the shift work hours it can be pretty hard to set a good exercise schedule.
The shit part of the job is immense amount of paperwork and the shift work making it hard to engage in out of work social activities.
>>
>>47960175
UK?
Just joined and after training i'm pretty anxious about keeping my exercise/hobbies/social up
>>
>>47959765
This
Please help out a fellow hs dropout on the verge of ending it
>>
File: 1530993466394.jpg (872 KB, 1280x800)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>47955396
Depends what you consider as office job. Im working in office but as SolidWorks/Cam engeeneer so basicly i love the job i do and its fullfiling.
Non /fit/ guy here, visiting this board just because you can have normal talk here.
>>
I'm a programme officer for an international development charity based in London. I organise events and oversee communications between our partner organisations essentially. I love my job but I do get sick of being scoffed at by people in recruitment/marketing/sales who work themselves to death doing bland work for faceless corporations. I make £28k a year but oh you get £32k from a 50 hour week in a job you hate, in a massive office in the City full of drones like yourself, spending half your salary on coke and holidays to Thailand and the UAE? How very special you are
>>
>>47960371
are you being salty because you are afraid of people judging you? or because you dont like your job?
>>
>>47954510
Im an apprentice engineering technician, and I am loving it so far
>>
>>47960512

Neither of those things. I love what I do, I'm involved in several strands of development work in Kenya and Ethiopia, I get to travel around and I meet all kinds of interesting people.
It's not the judgment itself that I don't like, I don't care what people THINK, it's when I meet a new group of people and any mention of the word "charity" induces some pretty nasty lines of questioning over how much I make, whether I "really care", and complete incredulity that anyone in their right mind would want to spend their life helping people rather than making somebody else money in Generic London Marketing & PR Firm No. 34221
>>
>>47960559
The field I'm in is mechanical, so machining, handfitting and maintenance jobs. I work for a government lab so I have the chance to do some pretty neat work abroad in other facilities if I stay in their good books
>>
>>47954878
Learn a proper trade, anon
>>
>>47957935
It’s true bro. I did a deadlift once and tripled my salary and fucked my boss’s wife.
>>
>>47954510
Prison guard. Ironically easy to get fat as hell when you should be strong in order to fight gronk crims successfully when needed.
>>
>>47957808
>Working at a restaurant has helped me with my people skills.
it did the exact opposite for me
>>
Freelance translator and language consultant. Pay is shit but very flexible hours and I get to work from home half the time.

Pretty optimal for recovery. I always get my 8 hours of sleep.
>>
any IT sys admins here?

literally 8- sometimes 8pm work hours
after that too freaking tired to work out
>>
Huge warehouse, i work the cash register and also offloading pallets of wares into the store, along with helping customers
>>
>>47961071
*superstore, not warehouse
>>
>>47955274
Can confirm.
I work+commute 900-1930 on weekdays, and even I can easily fit 3-4 workouts in there.
>>
>>47954927
t. double digit
>>
>>47957176
Hows labouring?
>>
>>47954862
bast
>>
Fucked around for the last 5 years as a bartender since finishing High School. Currently regret being a lazy fuck, but I guess theres nothing I can do to change the past.

Can anyone recommend anything to do or get into? All I want is something with half decent pay that I wont absolutely hate.
I was thinking of studying secondary teaching but I've heard theres absolutely no jobs.
>>
>>47960620
Thanks for confirming that people in "charity" are absolute losers.
>>
I work in a book store. /fitlit/ as fuck
>>
Taught myself 3d modeling and programing, now trying to make a career as an indie dev. Releasing first game today actually.

I like what I do but I also hate sitting in one spot for long periods of time. Not for the fact that I'm sitting, but for the fact that it lets me get really lazy really easy when it comes to working out.
>>
>>47954510
We own and operate a farm. We run 15 cattle, 30 sheep, 30 goats, 20 pigs, and 250 chickens. My oldest runs a breeding rabbitry at 500ish does. We have a diner in town that we own as well and the husband runs that.
>>
>>47958721
is food good?
>>
>>47961295
>Releasing first game today actually.
link
>>
>>47961330
Sound pretty comfy anon.

>>47959539 >>47958721
>The market is huge

Don't lie. It's fucking flooded. All that matters is if you're white. Bonus points (or rape) if you're a young blonde female.

China is a shithole.
Japan is saturated.
No one gives a fuck in Europe.
Africa will give you AIDs.
South America you will get murdered.

If you're teaching English and you're over 25yo you're a loser.

If you're teaching and have no actual teaching Qualification, you are a fucking idiot because NO ONE would willingly become a teacher.
>>
>>47958949
crypto most likely on the off chance it isn’t a larp

Lucked into money but never developed the mindset most people require to be successful
>>
>>47954510
Without reading the thread I expect to see at least 6-8 responses within the first 50 posts of people saying they're a web dev making 100k and all self taught.

Meh, maybe about 4-6. Still, the horse has been beaten so many times it's not funny or amusing any more
>>
site engineer/ project manager for a gases company
8-5 ish most days so finding gym time is easy. Massively underpaid (started here as a grad and salary has barely changed after 2 years despite gradually taking on more and more tesponsibility) so will be jumping ship soon
>>
>>47954510
Private equity
26 y/o
$175k base + $175k bonus
I had to move from NYC to DC which sucked, and I work 8am to 10 or 11pm most nights
>>
>>47954510
I’m in middle management in the Canadian civil service in benefits delivery.
I work 8-4, M-F and earn a reasonable salary for a pretty easy job.
I spend most of my day riding a desk or in meetings though.
I used to work in land management and development, which was better money but a lot more work and responsibility, and it made it hard for me to do a lot outside of work and staying in shape. If I had my time back I’d trade my finance degree for an engineering degree, but my personal finances are great at this point, so I’m considering establishing a tertiary income stream (already have a decent secondary income) and “retiring” from my wagie life.
If you really want to get fit and enjoy life establishing passive income is the way to go, but my job, as far as jobs go, is not a bad one, and not a hard one for anybody with half a brain to get.
>>
>>47961249
Depends on country. Learn French and do secondary teaching in Canada, lots of jobs in Alberta and BC and East Coast.
>>
>>47957810
As someone with no experience in sales at 23 or a degree, would you say the career is relatively easy to get into? Is it all worth it at the end? Any advice should I pull the trigger and de code to do it?
>>
>>47961340
https://store.steampowered.com/app/950750/Dega_Madness/
>>
>>47957373
>Reading books about internet marketing
Do you know how People get Rich of internet marketing? By writing books about internet marketing
>>
>>47961657
Dude why that gameplay?
I really like the artstyle/character design for the bloke reading the news even if it is a Valkyria Chronicles ripoff.
You should have made it an rpg or something.
Was it just because you couldn't be bothered making a bunch of human character models?
>>
>>47961696
I am working on an action RPG but that's gonna take a few years, I'm just trying to make some smaller games while I do that to support myself while I work on the bigger game.
>>
>>47961373
>NO ONE would willingly become a teacher
Have you considered that your country might just be shit?
Some decent places actually pay and treat teachers well.
>>
Doing land scaping and security currently anon it is not fun you meet some crazy degenerates doing it but it is not worth it get your education
>>
>>47954510
out in the sun all day constantly sweating like a mofo. I suppose it helps me keep lean along with my hungry skelly genes. I’m definitely too white for this shit though. Copious amounts of sunscreen and face covers because I fucking hate the sun
>>
>>47961586
Are you attractive, personable, tall? If not, it's harder.
>>
>>47961718
>Some decent places actually pay and treat teachers well.
Where m8y?
Finland? Oh that's right, no one can teach there unless you have their particular Masters.
Japan? Oh wait, the bamboo ceiling is very real.
Please do tell me anywhere that's not a shithole AND you can reasonably teach in without going through ridiculous hoops?
Who the fuck even needs teachers now? People can literally learn FOR FREE on the internet if they have any will power.
If you can't self-learn then you deserve to be a thrall imo.
>>
I'm a student, but I sell my underwear on tumblr to make money. I also work at a bar 1-2 a week, but the money isn't that great. Hopefully I can finish my degree and move on with my life.
>>
>>47961848
Who buys it? How much does it cost?
>>
>>47954769
I am a recent comp sci grad considering this route.

Where are you considering for law school with that goal in mind?
>>
>>47954510
Software engineer

Lots of pseudo-elitism in the field

"Oh, you haven't used xyz framework..."

Your weird, autistic co-workers are the worst part of the job

The complex problems, pay, bennies, pay, etc are all /comfy/ af
>>
>>47961837
Mega Redpill- Most schooling is about signaling and telling ourselves we or our kids are getting educated well while conditioning students to sit and pay attention to tasks for long hours.

That's why traditional schools still exist.
>>
>>47961874
Don't go to law school unless you can go to a t10 school.
>>
I'm a RN. Shift hours make sleep really difficult sometimes and my gains get affected by it 100% but I'm adapting and doing my best. Shoulda just done medicine if I wanted to be a nice guy and help others.
>>
>>47954510
> What do you guys do for a living?
Research in medical sciences
> Does your job make it hard for you to stay fit?
Not really. I have enough free time for hobvies and gym.
> Also is there any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?
The earnings are fucked. I have studied 5 years to earn little more than a burger flipper. The problem is Brazil is a shithole and the only way of being rich easily here is either to be a politician or a big businessman that makes deals eith the government (small business are crushed under bureouceacy and regulations).

Things are in danger of getting worse (election fraud might put a socialist as president and his government proposal (not sure if this is the right way of saying it) is ODDLY SIMILAR to Venezuela's president Maduro.

Luckly I believe in a couple of years I'll make enough fame within the scientific comunity to manage to get some research position in a foreign country, thus leaving this shithole for good. If Brazilian Maduro DOESN'T get elected I might as well stay since I have family and friends here.
>>
>>47961929
>conditioning students to sit and pay attention to tasks for long hours.
Teacher here.
And that's why despite more school hours and homework than ever, kids (adults even) are getting diminishing returns.
Fact it, people do learn differently, and given the tools we have now the days of 'industrial' model learning are fast drawing to a close thank god.
>>
>>47954738
I'm an Accounting major. I could switch to MIS which would take 1.5-2 years or 4 whole years for CS. If MIS is practical I'll maintain that. Please advise. I'm taking Business Calculus (calc 1 without trig) and I'm starting to think I like math more than people but I hate the concept of going to school longer because I just want a stable life where I can get away from my family. Ideal job is working with numbers or computers.
>>
>>47962053
You missed my point though: "schooling is about signaling and telling ourselves we're getting educated". It doesn't matter what's effective and what's not.

I have little indication industrial schooling is "fast drawing to a close". The notion that kids won't need to spend the majority of their waking hours in a school building or doing homework is kind of a far away notion for the majority
>>
Fedex Express courier. $25.85/hour part-time with bennies; working 2pm-8pm Monday through Saturday with OT on Saturdays.
I’m autistic so my daily schedule is exactly this:
>0000-0900 Sleep
>0900-0930 Breakfast
>0930-0940 Drive to gym
>0940-1040 Lift
>1040-1110 Sauna
>1110-1120 Shower
>1120-1130 Drive home
>1130-1200 Lunch
>1200-1245 Nap
>1245-1330 Clean apartment, wash dishes
>1330-1400 Drive to work
>1400-2000 Work
>2000-2030 Drive home
>2030-2100 Dinner
>2100-0000 Whatever
>>
>>47961874
Dunno where. T15 for sure.

I havent done much research but I feel like patent lawyer is a good field to pursue since 90% of the saturated law students don't have STEM degrees. That's probably doubly true for comp sci, and I'm sure there will be tons of work for a comp sci patents

But if you're considering law school, you have to remember the ONLY things that matter for admissions are GPA and LSAT. And no, they don't care your major is harder. a gender studies 3.5 = a STEM 3.5

idk how true this >>47961933 is. There are plenty of very noteworthy schools outside of T10 like Cornell or Georgetown. But also, it's pretty reasonable to get into T10 schools - easier than getting in for undergrad it seems, since extracurriculurs dont matter much

I think some 25th percentile GPAs for T10 are like 3.6, 3.7. I have a 3.3 rn because I fucked up, but I've calculated it and I can get it up to a 3.75 if I get all As

reddit.com/r/lawschooladmissions
>>
>>47954510
I work as a web developer and a translator. Both are boring as fuck but I make good money. I plan to give one of them up when I save enough money, though.
>>
Wanted to be a pilot but navy drafted me submarines. 0/10 would not recommend. 12-14 hour days plus commute gives me no time to do anything but eat and sleep. I used to be at 1/2/3/4 but now have DYEL numbers. Feels bad man
>>
File: 3-mysteryofthe.jpg (651 KB, 2880x1620)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
Merchant Ship deck officer.
Unsociable work, away from home for months on end. Get to see the rest of the world and realise its a shithole.

Being out in deep sea is incredibly satisfying though. Most big ships have gyms so there are no distractions. You work, you gym, you socialise with crew mates. Very little sleep though and even as an officer you might end up doing dangerous labour intensive jobs. Satisfying work imo.
>>
>>47956799
>Anonymous 10/11/18(Thu)03:39:03 No.47956799▶
>petroleum engineer
>+boatloads of money
>-blow it all on hookers and coke
My fucking guy
>>
>>47962115
>"schooling is about signaling and telling ourselves we're getting educated"
Do you mean in that we 'think' we're getting educated, when in fact we're not?
>>
>>47954510
Work at a large book store chain
>lifting book shipments
>social gainz
>work the cafe as well so free coffee
>close to my gym
>customers and staff mostly women and onions bois
>mental gainz
>discount on manga
>/fitlit/
It's good for now, but definitely not a permanent thing
>>
>>47961837
Canada, teachers in every province make around the 75th income percentile. You need a degree plus usually a one year teaching diploma to teach secondary. If you teach science or math and French you will have an easier time getting a job, then you have a fairly easy job with decent pay and opportunities to make more if you choose to go into admin. Plus you get the holy grail teacher’s holidays.
>>
>>47956508
Get a 2yr construction management degree and work in the oilfield for any construction company as a project coordinator. You start out around 6 figures.
>>
>>47958035
lol
>>
i used to work as a walking around type mailman, it pretty great cus of all the walking, when i stopped being a mailman i ordered a treadmill, but it took like 7 months to arrive and in that time i gained weight and lost my stamina, now my treadmill makes me sad cus when i get on it i give up like 10 minutes in. but atleast im doing the diet part right atm
>>
>>47962619
Hmmm... I'll look in to it... What are the employment stats like?
>>
>>47955108
Lurk more faggot
>>
Firefighter/paramedic

>Gym at work
>Encouraged to lift during shift
>Get paid to work out
>>
File: 1538694904681.png (254 KB, 386x376)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
currently in college. was in CS, switching to communications, planning on going into sales once i get out. any other anons in sales here?
>>
>>47958352
Bricklaying is not a chad trade...desu the most chad trade from people I've actually interacted with are ironworkers...electricians have some aspects of chad but are a little too preppy. Plumbers, bricklayers, drywall, scaffolding are all untermensh trades lol

T.welder
>>
>>47963645
Welders ain't nothin' but a bunch of fat redneck slobs.
>>
>>47961948
What kind of nurse are you. Also you ever think of trying to become A Physicians assistant? A lot of nurses who want to shift to a medical model instead of a Nursing model do that instead of NP.
>>
>>47959119
good try man. paid advertisements agency owner. think facebook and google.

oh and.. nigger, back to school for you
>>
Graduated a few months ago, got quite a few offers but rejected all of them to start my own consulting business. Gotta live with my parents for a few months minimum to get it off the ground, may be a really stupid decision but I might as well go for it.

So far it's been great for getting /fit/ since I work my own hours, but there have been a few times clients randomly called me at the gym and I had to sprint out and drive home, kek.
>>
>>47957145
I sell personal training packages, so I really and truly believe that the people I meet every day need the help I can give them. The average person shows up to the gym, does a quick circuit of the machines, and hits the treadmill because they have no idea how to gain muscle or lose fat. They stop after two months until they get inspired again and never make any progress.

There's a reason /fit/izens never get hit up for personal training. We're not the target market.
>>
>>47963361
Was briefly in sales and currently getting trained to sell consultancy projects.

Get out while you still can.
>>
>>47961295
wow nice
>>
>>47961468
same career path here and I jumped ship 3 months ago. dont know what to do now.
>>
>>47962128
what are bennies
>>
This is late as shit but do it. Im sorry you got memed by college but doing trade is fun
>>
worked for a moving company after I graduated high school
got sick of it, felt like I could do more, so I chose to study biology in hopes of becoming a geneticist one day
wish me luck bros
fuck what anybody says I'M DOING THIS SHIT
>>
>>47954510
I'm interested in optometry
>>
>>47963700
not op but in nursing school now.

Isn't an NP regarded higher than a PA?
I know there are bridge programs to become a PA after completing nursing but it seems that a lot of my classmates and relatives who are nurses prefer to become NP's instead
>>
>>47954510
Going to school for accounting currently work at a Home Depot. Worked nights in the summer and felt like that took away from my workouts
>>
>>47954510
im a NEET , if I ever get a job I will probably end myself if its harsh at all
>>
Technical drafter, then foreman and now Cabin Crew. Didn't make much money as drafter neither foreman in my country since it has shitty legislations and our unions are probably the worst in Europoor.
Currently saving for my pilot certifications and living the live desu.
Also as some of you guys, yes I wanted to study an engineering, but it was both boring and expensive.
>>
>>47954510
Navy pilot
If I didn't stay fit I wouldn't be able to fly because max air weight
Fuck no. I'm living my dream job.
>>
Electrician
Ez service work
8-4
Drive a van around and troubleshoot little shit
Only pays 50k tho

In first year of undergrad
>>
I work as a tax consultant full time and study full time, schedule does get in the way of being /fit/ sometimes when i am getting absolutely cucked
>>
>>47962400
if i were not single I would want to do this

Howd you get into it? Merchant Marine Academy?
>>
>>47954510
I work front desk reception at a very upscale gym in a boujie neighborhood. I'm a gym NPC.

I do 1hr+ lifting routines 3x a week and cardio 3x a week, so I'm basically here 7 days a week including my days off. And everyone here knows me, so when I workout the staff and the members talk to me in the lobby on the way in and out. It's actually kinda nice.
>>
On a somewhat related note, after a disagreement with my former employer, I’m being asked to not say i worked at a company i spent 2 years at. I did work there and have record of it. What are my options? I won’t cave to bullying by this organization. I still have the experience on my resume and social media.
>>
>>47967316
Also, I get to shitpost from the front desk all day (currently doing so right now.)
>>
>>47967031
It really depends but the thing that PA has over nurse is that they don't have to specialize while NP does. For example a PA can go from surgery to othro to cardiac while an NP will have to specialize in one of those things. The only problem is that a lot PA schools will question why a Nurse would choose PA over NP but if you explain to them that you prefer the Medical model that PAs go through rather than the Nursing model that NPs go through they are usually cool about it.

It is easier however for a Nurse to become a NP but imo PAs are better because they are able to work in any area they want
>>
>>47954510
investment banking back office
>>
>>47967427
what? NP's don't have to specialize at all.

unless you're in a weird state with dumbass laws, but i don't know any.
>>
>>47964538
at least you took the leap

I’m a uk fag and part of me wants to hold out on the chance an opportunity comes up in the US with the parent company and I get to move over there for work
Pragmatic part of me says this won’t happen and I need to clean up my cv and jump ship with a couple of years experience

not sure what to do honestly
>>
>>47967401
this sounds great desu
>>
>>47967334
ignore whatever their problem is
>>
>>47967542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJeDJVJRIk8
>>
>>47954985
i wish i was you anon, grew up in the countryside but family moved to big city when i was in my teens, i wish i had never left
>>
>>47961837
Ughhh mate I literally got to Brasil and taught English/Spanish free-lance by the 1stweek. By the 1st month I was making $40 a hour working for wealthy brazilians. I was making between $3000-$5000 a month depending on how many hours I worked. Hell sometimes I brought home $6500. Which afforded me a lifestyle that was upper-middle class by American standards. I lived in studio apartment in a high class area (with private security aka ex-cops and military that wouldn't let favela rats enter), a maid clean twice a week, a chef 3 times a week, private parking, private gym, best seats at bars/clubs/stadiums/theaters, it was heaven. Granted electronics and the civil service suck but if you got money it's not a problem. If you are a native english speaker with a British or American accent people will pay to just converse with you so you can correct them. I'm not even lying I had this brazilian millionaire who would pay me to hang out with him on fridays and just walk around conversing.

Seriously if you are native english speaker and white life is easy mode in Brasil. Women will throw themselves at you and guys will want to be your friends. Add in being /fit/ and you mog %95 of native brazilians in their country. Here in America I've never had 9-10/10s throwing themselves at me yet in Brasil it was a weekly occurrence.

When Bolsonaro wins I'm going back fuck the west.
>>
>>47956482
I’m about to enter emt, after my cert and some working field experience I’m going into fire. I too am 6’2” and when I cut will be around 200, can’t wait for that life man
>>
>>47961474
>26 years old making $350,000 a year on /fit/

Shocker
>>
File: fug.jpg (32 KB, 400x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Thinking of switching from accounting to Business admin. I know its not a great degree, but I suck at accounting and I feel like it will take me forever to finish. If I do go through with my plan, how fucked am I?
>>
>>47954510
Software engineer. 6 figs and the option to work from home whenever I want. Oh and they pay for my gym membership as a benny. I think it's a /fit/ as fuck career: the job that trains the mind to compliment the /fit/ lifestyle that trains the body. Money to do whatever I want.

>>47957935
It's called selection bias. People with great jobs are more likely to respond and people with shit jobs are less likely. Being an engineer or doctor isn't even rare lmao, all of us have met a bunch in our lives. Now if everyone was claiming to be a CEO, that'd be a little different.
>>
>>47968324
>6 figures, work from home, they pay for your gym, surely huge bonuses, another genius software engineer on /fit/ extremely smart, extremely fit, extremely rich

Shocker
>>
>>47956508
International here. Its bad for us too.
>>
>>47968273
See >>47968324

You guys are coping super fucking hard if you can't believe there are 26 year olds making $350k on /fit/, especially in finance. $350k isn't even in the 1%. Let's say 3% of American make $350k or more, that's about 9 million americans. It's not a stretch that 1% of those $350k earners are in their 20's, so 90 thousand people. Especially considering that fitness is a hobby that very popular among (1) men in their 20's, (2) wealthy people, and (3) conservative-leaning people like 4chan users, the fact that you refuse to believe a 26 year old on /fit/ could make $350k is a massive moneylet cope.
>>
>>47968377
It's not a cope, I know that /fit/ has the most young conservative wealthy extremely fit geniuses of anywhere on the internet.
>>
>>47956482
>90k+ a year
Sure buddy
>>
>>47959119
LMAOOOO
>>
>>47960216
not the guy you were replying to but reddit.com/r/juststart - start a blog, learn to become an affiliate marketer through hard work. it is fucking hard, that's the truth.
>>
>>47956196
looking to get into engineering and im stuck between electrical or mechanical. what are the pros and cons of both?
>>
File: 1499913860584.jpg (34 KB, 480x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Seniorcare administration. I really like it because you meet a lot of interesting people who did really cool shit with their lives. I walk around a lot and am one of the only men in the building so have to do a lot of heavy lifting when it's time. One of my good senior friends right now is an old Englishman named Alfred, he's kind of out of it sometimes and is near deaf but doesn't want to get a hearing aid and uses these janky 90's big headphones with a voice box you have to shout into. He fought in North Africa during the second world war and has told me some neat stories.

The other, more /fit/ related side of it is that it shows me how easy it is to fuck up and otherwise waste your life. So many old, childless fucks who did very little with their lives and have nothing to show for it, and have absolutely ravaged their bodies. 65 year olds looking 100. Average resident assessments usually look like -
>college - no
>marital status - divorced/single
>language - just English (you can always catch the most regret in their faces on this one)
>favorite activities - watching television
Shit makes me want to be better and avoid ending up like so many of them.
>>
>>47954510
sweet corporate job. lots of people workout on lunch but i prefer evenings and weekends.
>>
>>47967316
you sound like a huge faggot
>>
>>47968720
What do you do?
>>
>>47963997
what did you start consulting in anon?
>>
>>47961468
I plan on doing that degree in Uni is it worth it anon? Is there really a job market?
>>
Software Engineer fresh grad out of college making 105k
No, standard 8 hour days. Plus the firm that I work at just opened a gym on campus that has everything I need it to including a power rack.
Also is there any part of your job that makes you wish you picked something else as a career?
It can get boring sometimes as most office jobs do, but work/life balance is more important to me than working all the time. If that's important to you then tech is where you want to be.
>>
>>47968765
A) Software Engineer
B) Engineer
C) Medical Student

If A or B, then he is making 100k fresh outta college and has cushy hours. I would love for 1 of these LARPers to 1 day give any type of proof as to what they say they are. This shit is getting embarrassing at this point
>>
>pharmacy manager in midwest
>142k last year
>great pay but pretty stressful. I'm looking to retire in 15 years and do something else.

but i don't got it all boys
>5'8 170 lb no gf
>>
>>47954510
Work at a Bank. Mostly normalfag foods
>>
>>47969377
Pic or GTFO
>>
I'm an independent contractor, I do landscaping and carpentry. I'm the redneck from Office Space, basically.

It really helps, actually. Lifting and working all day, never sitting down except for lunch, helps me out a lot.

>Other careers?
I dropped out of university and gave up a position as an office manager at a church-based charity so I could go to tech school. I hated my desk job, so I left the past behind and started over fresh. Best decision of my life. If you don't work with your hands you're missing out.
>>
>>47954510
> Job
Military
> Fitness at work
It’s what you probably think - we exercise everyday, mostly running. Sometimes we do strength/cardio mixed exercises such as the Murph. Additionally to this we also gym everyday or at least 4-5 times a week. Mostly bench, squat and deadlifts.
> Doubts about my career
I’m in the infantry in the army so go figure... JK, it’s actually good. I believe that some suffering and pain makes you stronger and tougher. You gotta go through hardships in return to earn the title of being a man, a soldier, a grunt etc...

If I would change my career it would either be to start and run gyms that are for men only with focus on creating a Männerbund with the guys coming to the gym - or I would become a firefighter. I believe in helping others, specially if they are in need of help or service.
>>
File: 1495367168723.jpg (41 KB, 585x501)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>47954985
Based Texan
>>
>>47956505
Not the anon but in Canada and some European countries you make that kind of cash as a firefighter. It is also a part time job for many so 90k a year is not impossible if you have 2 jobs (including being a firefighter).
>>
>>47969582
90k canadian

how much is that in freedom dollars
>>
>>47967858
>teaches English
>keeps calling the country they 'worked in' Brasil
Yeah, no. Nice LARP though, keep having dreams.
>>
>>47968765
it's pretty niche so i dont want to say here but it's in finance. it's awesome.

i'd advise young people to get into a big industry and just work your way up.

just like working out - effort & time creates results.

i went to business school - no stem for me. desu doesnt even matter if you go to a good school
>>
>>47969594
The CA dollar is a bit less worth than the US dollar. If a US dollar is 1, the CA dollar is worth about 0,8 of that.

Nice work by Trump, even though I suffer from it I’m glad my US bros are getting a bit richer.
>>
>>47954985
Based bro. Nice area of Texas too, if I'm catching your meaning
>>
>>47968692
Worked in Aged or Assisted Care is a big redpill.
It's like looking in to your own future... And smelling it... And feeling it... And coming to work one day to find out that one of your favorite residents passed away during the night with no body around.

I'm quitting soon (pay's shit, hour's are shit, the company and management are disgustingly devoid of compassion and only care about targets and money), but it was a good experience.

Would recommend.
>>
Own a few business with my best friends since childhood
A snowball stand
A vintage boutique/coffee house
A bakery with my wife
And a sneaker boutique
Life is pretty good and money is plentiful so far
>>
>>47954573
Have you ever considered going back to school? Just curious
>>
>>47969282
Okay what's a form of proof you'd actually believe?
>>
>>47969704
You sound insufferable.
>>
>>47970088
Pic of degree, paycheck, code that you're actually working on, car or house that the supposed 100k could afford you, or something along those lines with a timestamp
>>
>>47970226
Also

>inb4 muh dox
If you actually code or construct bridges for a living but are too stupid to keep your ID hidden on fucking 4chan you can drop the entire act right now
>>
>>47970226
>>47970238
rekt
>>
File: 1534460047152.png (349 KB, 1024x768)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
Nuke maintainer in the US Air Force.

>Does your job make it hard to stay /fit/?
Yes. The work days are chaotic, you never have any idea what you're going to be doing until a day or two before. And we're usually working for over 12 hours, which is technically illegal under the AFI.

Its not terrible though, here and there we have very short days and sometimes we only work 3 days a week. But I'd still take a definite schedule over it, can't wait to get out in 4 years.
>>
Right now, full time as a GS. I wear a military uniform to work and I get to use the gym on the clock for an hour a day. In a month or two, switching over to a contracting gig, to make three times the salary.
>>
I own a business and have converted the back of the warehouse into a hardcore gym.
That's pretty sweet because i left between calls and whenever I have time.
The downside is the amount of travel, which makes diet a problem. Airports and drive through are not the best way to keep calories under control. I don't have great discipline so I do better at home in a fixed routine. I do choose my Hotels based on how good the gyms are now, the awesome ones are ones that don't have gyms but let you use a gym nearby for free.

Money isn't hard to come by, anyone who has the discipline to be fit could be rich, most simply don't like being out of their comfort zones.
>>
>>47969282
Software engineer doesn't guarantee 100k+ out of uni or cushy hours.

I am a soft engg on 70k with a 40 hour week. I know guys who graduated with better grades and more experience who are on 90k with 50 hour weeks. I know guys similar to myself who started on 40k with 37.5 hours.

Depends where you are.
>>
>>47969625
grad school isn't for good jobs dummy. it's for getting into autistic academic roles where you debate referencing rules and teach but not do

other than mbas.
>>
>>47954510
Any uber driver?
What's it like?
I'm considering it as it appears to be interesting for loners.
>>
>>47970413
im rarted i thought you said grad school when you said good school. yeah probably
>>
>>47970445
the rare polite 4chan poster - i wish you well bro.
>>
>>47970430
I imagine it depends on the location, but 90+% of your customers are going to be piss-drunk and expect you to listen to Migos blasting at 120db while they have sex in the backseat
You have to keep your rating above a certain score, so if you're not a) charismatic and b) sucking the customers' dicks nonstop, they'll brutalize you with dishonest bad reviews which will cut into your profit. Apparently this has given way to a mafia-like system in some large cities where you'll basically get paid troublemakers who will report you if you so much as request that they settle down.
>>
>>47954510
Firefighter, literally get paid to eat clean and lift weights. When I’m not riding the medic I hit the gym inside the station. A lot of guy on my department love CrossFit but I love to powerlift. It’s a fun job till a fire or car wreck interrupts my workout
>>
Any physical therapists in the thread? Thinking of majoring kinesiology and hopefully working soon. Any tips or work stories?
>>
>>47970986
My friend did it and now he helps old people rehabilitate even though he wanted to be a coach, he seems content though idk anon be sure you're gonna like it.
>>
File: fluoridestare.gif (1.84 MB, 285x210)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
Fulltime NEET about to call it a day soon I've done a lot of different jobs and they all sucked shit
>>
>>47967858
Absolute state of this LARP
>>
>>47971555
hes mewing
>>
Stock trader.
>>

I'm a project/event manager in marketing. i specialize in alcohol and basically manage set up events, manage/staff the models, then do all the boring logistics stuff after. It was dope when I was younger because I get to go to all these festivals and have all my expenses/hotels paid for. But now that the novelty has worn off, it's hard to appreciate it.

I work 90-130 hours a week and fitness grounds me so I've always found a way to make it work. Now that I'm in my late 20s though I'm a lot more tired if I hit the gym late at night before getting a couple hours of sleep.

Yeah, it's just the hours. I've justified it by quitting for the other half of the year and traveling but after 7 years of doing that, I'm tired of starting over. I also have a better idea of what I want (work 3-4 days a week, live a simpler life, have enough disposable income to not have to worry) and it seems like IT provides that life. I'm planning to quit marketing once I get my bank accounts a little fatter, then bartend while I go back to school or figure something else out. I just want to focus more on gymnastics and I can't do that shit since I'm always on tour for work or working ridiculous hours.
>>
>>47954769
I am a law undergraduate, thinking of going into engineering any tips?
>>
>>47967508
Sup homies. Where I'm from PAs don't exist because I live in Asia and we chinks have it differently. NPs here aren't really allowed to do things NPs do in the US either because we aren't as autonomous. I'm working with geriatrics at the moment, nothing much but you know, public service and all. My salary is about 28K per year for comparison. Is it trash compared to the US? I know in Cali you can easily make 90K a year
>>
>>47954510
Nothing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.