[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 90c.png (122 KB, 560x748)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
Why is it that lifting is so popular with manlets?
Like 7 out of 10 people that visit my gym are significantly shorter than me , 2 are usually around my height and 1 is usually a 6'7 turbo Chad and I'm only 6'1.

Is it a coping mechanism?
>>
>>47955411

>Is it a coping mechanism?

yes, 100%.
/thread
>>
>>47955411
tall people 100% use their height as a crutch in social situations.

i mean imagine being so obsessed with height that you made that OP image
>>
>>47955468
>/threading your own post
Ouch!
>>
>>47955576
>5 posters
retard
>>
>>47955411
If you're six ft then you're already taller than 86% of the population. So if your 7/10 number is right, then no
>>
File: a01tab04.gif (15 KB, 383x236)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>7/10 are shorter
>I'm 6'1
So...completely normal then?
>>
>>47955574
How the fuck can you use your height in a social situation? Tall people don't stand up and stare at manlets until they submit to their 6'0" masters. Your height doesn't make funny jokes for you. It doesn't make friends for you.
>>47955589
Retard
>>
5'7 manlet reporting.
Yes it's a coping mechanism but it's not what got me into lifting recently.
I accepted my fate years ago and focused on other stuff along the years.
What really makes me want to lift is that fact that I started feeling I'm getting older so I'm trying to switch to a healthier lifestyle, lifting being among them.
My progress is kinda shit desu and I've been having drawbacks and minor injuries that made me go back to lighter weights but such is life, I'll keep going forward and give it my best.

Blogposting is done. Have a good day fellow manlets and I also wish best of luck to the lanklet anons.
>>
>>47955648
I stand tall and look down my nose at manlets
And people respect me more because I don't need a booster seat in my prius like you 5'11 fags
>>
File: IMG_20181010_202202.jpg (2.66 MB, 4000x3000)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
5'11 Manlet here. This is a toxic idle fancy thread
>>
>>47955628
>he thinks the average height is the same all around the world
You do realise that even if you look at the average height of a specific country, that average also includes people from manlet countries that live there and bring the average down, right?
Native northern European people are tall as fuck.
>>
Because it’s fun getting stronger
>>
I'm 6'6 and sometimes I wish I was like 6'1 or something. Especially since I'm more into shorter girls.
>>
>>47955786
read >>47955629
>>
>>47955786
>average height of a specific country [...] also includes people from manlet countries
what
>>
>>47955897
Immigrants
>>
>>47955411
I remember that thread OP. The mega manlet thatwas the OP was BTFO so hard he probably left 4chan forever
>>
Why are people on this board obsessed with manlets? What does it matter to you?
>>
>>47955786
this
the male height average in for example the netherlands is about 1.81m/5'11 and according to statistics, only 77% of their population is actually native dutch. that other 23% includes manlet with asian/arabian/hispanic heritage.
>>
>>47956016
What the fuck do toothpastes put in their drinking water?
>>
correct me if I'm wrong...

someone who is only 5'10 can look more buff with less total muscle mass than me who is 6'1, just because of volume

It's clearly a coping mechanism, someone half my height can bulk much quicker with fewer calories
>>
>>47956052
>>47955411
>tall guy lifts he just wants to be the best version of himself possible
>short guy lifts he is a compensating, coping try hard
This board is cancer
>>
Litterally leave your house and you will realize absolutely no one cares about height in real life.
Girl with a tinder bio that says she will only date 6'0+ got ravaged by a random handsome dyel 5'8 dude she met at some bar/club/show last weekend.
>>
>>47956127
c o p e
o
p
e
>>
>>47956052
Nice coping mechanism man.
>>
>>47956081
imagine

you're ugly, have no muscles, have a below average dick, but you're over 6' tall. that is your accomplishment in life, being slightly above average height. so what if you look like a stretched out 12 year old boy? your height is over an arbitrary round number.

I mean sure, there are more people over 6ft than have a 4plate deadlift,and people see taller men every single day, and that's why you really have to drive home that your height is over that arbitrary round number which most of the world would call 182.88cm
>>
>>47956016

Literally Lankletland. They've never won a world cup, they suck at basketball and they don't even have big guys to create a decent rugby team.
Why are they so shit at sports? Only their female field hockey is GOAT contender along with Argentina.
>>
>>47956329
Yeah it's how they cope
>>
>>47956367
maybe it has something to do with the fact that its small and almost invisible on a regular sized world map
>>
>>47955468
Fpbp
>>
>>47956375
always ask them to post body, height obsessed fags are called lanklets for a reason, it's never proportionately large people, always disgusting lanklets or fatfucks with 4/10 and below faces
>>
Anyone at uni notice a lot of gooks infesting their college gym recently? I'm in my 3rd year, and there were almost none in my first two, but now they are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>47956400
lanklets are small where it counts eh?
>>
>>47956419
It’s also self loathing manlets larping which I would wager is the majority of height thread posters
>>
>>47955816
I'm the same height and I have a 5'8" friend and he is jelly af. Being tall is fucking great.
>>
I'm 5'2 and I false flag as a tall guy on the internet.
>>
im 5'7 and i lift cuz im bored and i like being strong. a lot of people think im coping because im short but its for the best to ignore those people and just focus on improving yourself.
>>
Guys what's the manlet cutoff point again, it was like 7'2'' right?
>>
>>47956400

Uruguay has 2 world cups and a population of 3 millions.
New Zealand is the GOAT at rugby with a population of 4.6 millions.
>>
>>47955678
How old? I'm going to be a 25 year old boomer this month and I'm so busy with work and extracurriculars that my gym time is suffering.
>>
>>47956922
Turned 27 last month. I have plenty of free time to go to gym but what that meant for the rest of my time was the real shock.
I suddenly had to cook more and better to actually gain some weight (currently at 65 Kg) had to better manage my time, make sure I get enough sleep, drink more water, less alcohol, almost done with smoking.
Next I'm gonna look into some skin care products, I don't have wrinkles or scene but my fave just looks weird, pale yellowish hue with the nose and cheeks slightly red/pink.
I'm ugly anyway but that just makes it worse.
>>
>>47956517
Anything below 11km is a manlet in 2018.
>>
>>47955411

Post body
>>
>>47955411
if you have less going for you, you need to compensate more
>>
>>47956329
Major cope
>>
>>47956674
>Counting world cupa that were won when the players were full time farmers and mineworkere
Also nobody cares about Rugby apart from the few countries playing it.
>>
>>47956329
>when you're so small that 6ft is considered lanky for you
fucking manlets man, when will they ever learn
>>
I don't even bother lifting or trying anymore cause of this board, I'm 5'4
>>
>>47959098
>giving a shit about what strangers on a mongolian rock-hoisting forum think
>>
>>47956081
based
>>
>>47959098
Meme victim. You're pathetic.
Fucking lift, there's no excuse.
>>
>>47959098
based

do us a favor and neck yourself
>>
>>47955648
Halo effect you mong
>>
5'7 here. I started lifting when I was average height in my teenage years, before I even knew being short would be a curse. I genuinely enjoy the feeling of lifting and progress and seeing my body improve in the mirror. When I'm not thinking about height lifting satisfies my primal urges and feels fantastic.

However, the second I step outside I'm reminded I'll be stuck in this personal hell until the day I die and I try to avoid lifting when the gym is full because I know I'll see tall guys looking good and manlet mirror images of myself looking like compensating retards. Every reminder of who I am and who I'll never be is a new bout of depression.
>>
>>47955411
>Why is lifting so popular with manlets
>Get shit on for height, something completely beyond your control
>might as well be strong then
Idk seems to make sense to me, I don’t think manlets can breathe without it being seen as a coping mechanism
>>
>>47959118
I'm actually kind of grateful, this board taught me that height and looks are everything so lifting and bettering myself is basically pointless and a waste time so now I don't have to feel ashamed of being fat, lazy, and a no life. Lookism and /fit/ kind of taught me to be happy to a certain extent because I don't feel bad about myself anymore knowing that hard work and all that is a lie and a cope. I can now play vidya, fap, eat like shit, and go on the internet all day comfortably now that I know there's no hope for me in anything involving the real world, it's set in stone. So thanks /fit/!
>>
>>47959468
>do you remember when you said to me “My friend, hope is a prison”
>>
>>47955764
6'5 turbo manlet here, agree
>>
>>47955574
>tall people 100% use their height as a crutch in social situations.
how so?
>>
I mean, I don't understand these threads.

I am a 5' 8'' and fact is that I will never be able to compete is some fields with taller people of same experience and commitment that are dependent on the physical abilities. That is where facts end, rest is mental issues, complexes and pure insecurities that causes us to blame each others.

In fact I am happy for tall people for they don't have to overcome same problems as me so they can more easily focus on other. If there were no tall people there would be no short, and if there were no short people there would be no tall. So instead of bitterness why not feel grateful and joy for each others?
>>
>be manlet
>go through life
>be tall
>constantly monitor every male around you
>spend entire day sperging about height
Why are you wasting your gift on thinking about me all the time rofl
>>
>>47956329
cope
>>
>>47955411
lanktard cope he can't reach manlet body aesthetics
>>
>>47960765
>when 6'1 is considered lanky for you
holy fuck how small are you? 6'1 is average for a white male.
>>
File: tall gf2.jpg (207 KB, 622x1248)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>47955411
Sometimes it's coping and also the fact that manlets can look ripped and get ripped faster while doing less weights. It's simple physics and has to do with leverage.
>>
>>47960823
t. lanktard
>>
>>47960851
>t. 5'2 garden gnome
>>
File: d.jpg (22 KB, 500x327)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
If coping means having a better life, maybe everyone should cope a little.
>>
>>47959635
How dare you acting like a well-adjusted human being???
>>
>>47960865
none asked you about your dick size
>>
>>47960919
Is this supposed to be an insult, little man? Because 5'2 is quite big for a dicksize.
>the shanty town of manlet insults
>>
>>47960956
lanktard dicklet confirmed
>>
Is dick size related to height? Like if you are tall to you have a higher chance at getting a bigger dick?
>>
>>47961012
nope and this is were the manlet hate comes from imagine being 6'3 and having an average to small dick it will look retarted small most manlet treads are made from dicklets lanklets
>>
File: 1538434748855.png (174 KB, 487x770)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>47960842
God I wish that were me
>>
>>47961110
tall gfs are patrician tier
>>
>>47961119
too bad it wont get further than 2d pictures when it comes to reality
>>
>>47956329
manlet hands typed this kek
>>
I didn’t know tall people were this insecure.
>>
>>47961140
>be 178
>once went to the club with a girl who was 180
>she wore huge heels
>my face was pretty much between her tits whe we danced
I was fantastic, but at the same time, your "masculinity" takes a big hit
>>
> mfw 6’4
> mfw 210 lbs lean
> mfw walking in the gym and asking all the “”men”” there to work in
> they look up, i look down

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
holy coping mechanism batman
>>
I'm laughing at all the coping manlets ITT and I'm even a manlet myself (5'11)
>>
>>47959098
this
>>47959178
you fell for the memes
>when will they learn?
>>
5'3 minimanlet here. I don't lift brahs. I visited a gym once to find that all the things there were placed out of reach.
>>
>>47962102
Most gyms have a manlet pit, just ask for directions next time.
>>
>>47955411
how fucking mad do you have to be before making an image like that? lmao
>>
>>47962155
It was made after a manlet made a cope thread and got BTFO'd.
>>
>>47962132
>Manlet pit
>>
File: south american jews.jpg (175 KB, 825x793)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>47962227
>>
>>47955468
>/thread
yikes
>>
I don’t really have anything against manlets in my everyday life, but everyone absolute despises you at bars/clubs because you tend to have a habit of putting on your macho persona and everyone can see through your try hard shit and basically fucking hates you. However, this also may have to do with them being spics so idk
>>
>>47962272
>yikes
oof
>>
>>47962290
>oof
yeesh
>>
>>47962290
>oof
Bolognese
>>
>>47955411
>Is it a coping mechanism?

5'6 here. For some is, specially if they're obsessed with huge muscles and extremely low bf% since it makes you look huge.
In my case I still prefer ottermode than being a mountain of muscles.
>>
>>47962281
>Your personality and masculinity are only allowed to be on display when you meet a certain height requirement.
Get what you're going for, though. Extreme overconfidence and cockiness looks poor and shallow on most people.
>>
5'7 manlet here, I used to care a lot about my height during my early teens but then I got laid a couple of times and stopped thinking about it that much. I'm a manlet 20 year old and that's that, I'm not going to grow any taller so why spend time thinking about something I have no control over. Might as well care about stuff I can control like staying in shape and being healthy.
>>
>>47955807
Based and funpilled
>>
>>47962424
It’s not a good look for anyone, but unfortunately people especially despise it when it’s coming from a manlet. Women more than men. It sucks, but that’s just the life is
>>
>>47962281
>but everyone absolute despises you at bars/clubs because you tend to have a habit of putting on your macho persona

if you are a manlet you have to approach girls 80% of the time dk if you think this is putting a macho persona coz you are a lanklet that womanlets trow themselves in
>>
>>47956422
Always been that way at mine
>>
Why is this board so obsessed with height. Seems like there's
insecurity everywhere in these threads. Manlets obsessed with
being short and overcompensating because they're angry at the
world for making them small. Lanklets trying to tell themselves
being tall is some kind of special trait that will carry them through
life and makes up for their lack of other traits. Do you people even
know how social interaction works? Have any of you been in a real
fight with someone shorter or taller than you? Do you people go
out into the real world and realize it's not all about height and
lifting and fitness? Do you know how the real world works? I'm
fully triggered. Put me in your cringe compilation. I don't give a fuck.
Nothing I've said is worse than the cringe of all the daily insecurities
experienced by you people.
>>
>>47962805
nice pasta shortfag
>>
>>47962347
>yeesh
*sucks air through teeth*
>>
>>47962805
Jesus, it's like you copied it from evernote or something
>>
>>47962805
based and redpilled
t. 6ft3
>>
>>47962805
Hahaha you manlets and your word sandwiches
>>
>>47956081
rased and bedpilled
>>
>>47955411
of course it's cope

as a 4/10 face 5'8 in scandinavia I'd be chanceless if I didn't work out and become wealthy

I mind/body/bank mog most lanklets and the playing field still isn't even; it's a bitter feel
>>
>>47956081
this
>>
>>47956042
highest dairy consumption per capita
>>
>>47960842
Source on pic?
>>
>>47963802
I couldn't tell you sorry
>>
>>47955411
Is turbo chad big? If so, ask him what his cycle is. Lanklets dont get big
>>
>>47963931
>t. Coping leprechaun
>>
File: 1538160934024.png (154 KB, 950x968)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>47961171
If stuffing your face in amazon titties hurt your masculinity, you never had any in the first place.
>>
>>47961140
It was reality to me for about a year.
>>
>>47956367
what about balkanoid nations
specifically yugoslavs, tallest region in the world and dominate in almost every sport
>>
So I have been lifting, I have overcome insanely low insecurity got everything on track etc etc. Hooked over 15 chicks in 3 years time.. And * boom* the manlet meme.

I'm 5" 11, live in the land of giants (holland) and recently I started to feel insecure about my height. What for? I did well before I knew this, it never bothered me and now it's eating me. I've fallen for this meme. Now I need to regain my secureness again, dispite that I hooked up with several women as big or sometimes bigger than me. I am sensitive to this meme, I found out. What for? Why can't my mind hold on to the period before I got dragged into this meme? It sucks, cause I worked so hard.

The lesson? Don't fall for the bullshit, if it never bothered you it was for a reason: because it does not matter as much as you think.
>>
>>47963287
But this will make you succesfull.
>>
>>47964113
>tallest region in the world
Wrong
>dominate in almost every sport
Extremely wrong, Slobo
>>
>>47964420
2 out of 5 tallest countries in the world cup were yugoslavian, 1st being serbia
tallest player was croatian
>Extremely wrong, Slobo
basketball, handball, waterpolo, football, skiing, rowing, athletics and other shit
>>
>>47964448
World cup teams arent an average representive of height. Northern Europeans still mog balkanoids.
>Basketball
?????????
>Handball, waterpolo, athletics
Nobody cares about these meme sport, not even bothered to look up if you're right.
>skiing, rowing
Thats just plain wrong.
>football
FUCKING LMAO
just because croatia memed themselves into a worldcup final (and then lost) doesnt mean you're football giants. You achieved absolutely 0.00 world cups in your entire history and the same Croatian team that got 2nd this year got trashed 6-0 by Spain a couple weeks later.
>>
>>47964522
>just because croatia memed themselves into a worldcup final (and then lost) doesnt mean you're football giants. You achieved absolutely 0.00 world cups in your entire history and the same Croatian team that got 2nd this year got trashed 6-0 by Spain a couple weeks later.
new team, lost major players
>?????????
slovenia and serbia european basketball finals
>Nobody cares about these meme sport, not even bothered to look up if you're right.
better than scandis in every sport lol
>Thats just plain wrong.
had big stars in slovenia and croatia in skiing, they currently dominate rowing with new zealand

you're retarded and in denial buddy
>>
>>47956494
you are like me
>>
>>47959098
No, you are a lanklet, stop larping
>>
>>47955411
I like lifting, I actually enjoy it
I LOOK like I make 10x the gains my lanklet friend makes
I'm far stronger than all my lanklet friends
And it's a way to cope desu
>>
>>47955678
Nice guy on 4chan? Fucking rare
Best of luck to you fellow manlet!
>>
>>47964593
>new team, lost major players
By that logic Holland is a football giant because they had 3 WC finals. Silver means nothing, it's gold or nothing.
>slovenia and serbia european basketball finals
Literally nobody in Europe cares about apehoop. Come back when you beat USA.
>better than scandis in every sport lol
If nobody cares, it doesn't matter.
>had big stars in slovenia and croatia in skiing, they currently dominate rowing with new zealand
>>>>>had
One fluke doesn't mean shit lol. Scandinavians dominate in all winter sports, fuck right off lmao. You barely won any gold medals during the olympics.

Stay deluded, Miro.
>>
>>47956052
Kek....u sound jealous skinny lanklet that never gets asked if he lifts?
>>
>>47963802
>>47963808
Nvm found it.
Doki Doki bodywall
>>
>>47964673
Getting asked if you lift is a bad thing, it's literally dyel mode. People should naturally see that you lift.
>>
File: franco.jpg (113 KB, 600x562)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
This was a guy like 5'5", like why would he not kill himself at that point?
>>
>>47964799
Different times, people are getting taller by the day.
5'5 was the 5'10 a couple decades ago, which is an acceptable manlet height.
>>
Meh. Ain't got nothing to worry about, I'm 5'9 and the tallest of 3 kids, so it's lucky I suppose
>>
I'm 6'4" and rarely ran into taller people. Ince I was in New Orleans and an NBA player came out of a hotel with his entourage. I lookes up at him and thought... This is what short guys deal with every day.

Sorry.
>>
>>47964658
I honestly believe most people here are nice. But they just act like they do ironically for shits and giggles.
And thank you!
>>
>>47964817
In 40 years the average height increased 1 inch
>>
File: 1459056076312.jpg (68 KB, 320x320)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
5'6 here. I wish I were shorter.
>>
>>47965005
It was probably just jarring for you because you judge people by height because you can only feel superior to others that way.
>>
>>47956367
>They've never won a world cup

You crossed the line you pig. My dad works at Unilever and once I find out your petty country by backtracing the HTP5 J.son Parser by reverse engineering the header I will make SURE not a single drip of toothpaste will come into your shit "country" for at least 5 years. You messed with the wrong one today kiddo.
>>
File: 1539258377611.webm (2.57 MB, 1280x534)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB WEBM
how do we solve the issue?
>>
I'm short and I lift because gradually getting stronger and looking better just feels good. It's my hobby and it helps me clear my head.

Being short isn't a curse, not being able to do anything without people saying "hurr compensating" is the curse.
>>
>>47965416
s e e t h i n g
>>
>>47965416
Sometimes it's hard to believe that such an enormous cope can come out of such a little guy
>>
>>47965464
>>47965529

Oh boy, I sure did get meme'd on
>>
File: tfw_manlet.jpg (30 KB, 366x710)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>47965665
forgot pic
>>
>>47964163
Het boeit allemaal niks, vriend. Gewoon blijven neuken, kankerlijer
>>
>>47955589
That’s not how it works newfriend
>>
>>47955411
5'9/190 jacked manlet here. I didn't know about the height meme until like a year ago when I got on /fit/ for the first time; I picked up lifting my freshman year because I played sports all through highschool (went to state in swimming every year since 7th grade, lettered in basketball and wrestling), and that's what it took to be competitive. Absolutely loved it after a week of it, and now that I'm in college, I do it for fun and because I like being strong. The same basic story is true for most of my lifting friends, irrespective of height. I really think it's less cope than the internet seems to posit - most of us just like being strong or having a six pack or winning at sports. I can't speak for those outside of my social circle, and it's mostly college athletes rn, so selection bias may play a part in this conclusion, but I think tihs is largely true - aside from the 10% of people on 4chan/reddit/autoadmit, who the fuck walks around worried about their height unless they're already a massive pussy?
>>
average person in this itt thread:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0EcWdW3Fjky
>>
>>47957306
lmao
>>
>>47964006
im 6'9" I aint no lep
>>
File: KNOWLEDGE.jpg (76 KB, 334x250)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>47959098
always do the opposite of what /fit/ says
>>
>>47962357
>extremely low bf%
>huge
If you're natty you have the choice between being low bf% or being huge. Not both.
>>
>>47956016
Not true tbch, for instance average for wh*tes in Canada is about 5'10", which is the same as the national avg which probably includes many more foreigners than any europoor country.
>>
>>47967626
don't post dick pic
>>
I’m 8’9 and basically you’re all manlets.
>>
>>47955574

BAsed copeposter
>>
File: yourseriouslaugh.gif (1.45 MB, 288x198)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>47960956
>5'2 is quite big for a dicksize
oh no no no oh no, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: pulieren.gif (3.97 MB, 512x404)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB GIF
>>47967874
>>
>>47955816
same height. I know the pain. Can only kiss if we sit down or I pick her up.
>>
>>47959098
if you give up so easily for nothing, just kill yourself faggot
>>
>>47955411
Post your rare manlets
>>
>>47967687
Not true, it just takes years, and lots of bulk/cut cycles before you can cut and just maintain.
>>
>>47967904
kek
>>
>>47959635
yeah sure it doesn't bother you at all. you're just "happy for them". that's totally a thing that happens and not some bullshit cope.
>>
>>47960871
go back
>>
>>47962805
did you type that on a fucking manlet screen or something?
>>
>>47955411
I used to know this turbo manlet (probably around 5'5 - 5'6) and he was big into lifting and body-building; definitely on juice

Anyway, he was a douche and automatically acted like a dick to men taller than him. Even though the men he knew were all good, friendly guys
>>
>>47965365
fucking kek
>>
I've always wanted to have a good body ever since I was a little kid (haha guess I still am being 5'7 ;);););), I'd lift even if I was 6'2

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.