[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1537475892800.png (82 KB, 1416x2239)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
I want to open powerlifting / strongman gym where i will coach youngsters for free, and convince them strength training is better option than drug and alcohol abuse, because i want to be their father figure they need (and that i also needed years ago)

I dont care about making big buck in life, and since i doubt i will ever find anyone to found family with, id rather coach lads on lifts and life.

Thoughts
>>
that’s what we have planet fitness for anon

but seriously do it. you sound like a noble man
>>
Noble intentions but don't forget to take care of yourself. Both your gains and your income/money. Also u might be considered a creep and the soccer moms will rise up against you and put you out of business.
>>
>>47966464
Do it
>>
sounds like a very glorious endeavor. do it anon. you could always sell optional merchandise instead of memberships too if you ever need the money
>>
>>47966464
so you want to be a manager at YMCA?
>>
>>47966464
Be the next Louie Simmons
>>
>>47966464
A noble goal, Anon. You don't really need much to get started, and might even be able to pull some strings to finance the whole thing if you go the "youth shelter" route.

Best of luck!
>>
File: cant muff the duff.jpg (166 KB, 1334x886)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
some of my background

>depressed as fuck in teen years
>bullied to hell and back
>ugly
>disinterested in everything, spent all teen years playing vidya like CS and wc3 12 hours a day
>this left me extremely socially stunted
>drug abuse after i turned 20
>got criminal charge due to drugs
>went abroad to work physically
>kinda bored of work but got my life in check, living at my own, discovered love to iron
>dropped all addictions, straight edge
>want to get strong as fuck naturally

At first i wanted to have family and shit, but since i realized my brain is rotten by redpill agenda i cannot go back.

I do want to help kids that struggle with bullying and have no sense of direction in life.

I wanted to get mortgage on small place that could serve as starting point for powerlifting gym, i already have quite a bit of equipment. I would live there and work at my regualr work place and let PT buddies train their people there. And invite youngsters to lift and coach them for free for some time, until they can afford some membership money.

Pic related, role model, father figure i never had
(i did have father, but he wasnt very positive figure in my life due to alcohollism, and he was unironically smart person, just couldnt deal with addiction)
>>
What area u in?
>>
>>47967052
netherlands
>>
>>47967091
Lekker man waar ergens in de buurt?
>>
>>47967122
>de buurt
Is this Dutch for butt lol
>>
>>47967128
ahaha no it means ''the vicinity'' and in some contexts ''the neighbourhood''
>>
>>47967122
noord-brabant
ik ben pools maar

>>47967128
dutch is fucked up
>>
>>47966464
That seems worthy thing to spend your time. Go for it and give some kid a better life.
>>
>>47966464
what a great anon
>>
Only one type of guy wants to be a father figure for other people's sons.
>>
>>47966464
You realize you have to make money for this place to stay open, right?
>>
This whole thread is one person. Pathetic.
>>
>>47966464
you have a goal ... make a plan and every day step a little bit closer to your goal.
>>
>>47966464

bro

i might make you a site for free bro

ill help out maybe
>>
>>47967174
>dutch is fucked up
Polish is worse though. That said, I support your intentions. If you actually go through with this, is there any way I can find you? Might drop by at some point.
>>
you may like the noble endeavor aspect of this, but it sounds pretty Catcher in the Rye-esque and you may find it harder than you think. often, people don't want to change as much as you want to help them change.

become a peer coach or a boy scout or volunteer somewhere where people are near a gym and you could reasonably convince them to try and join. maybe set the bar low like teaching kids body-weight routines and getting them to be generally healthy.

there are a lot of goals you need to reach, both in fiscally meeting your goal's requirements and mentally learning how to become a good instructor. if you dive in whole-hog you will fail and regret it, but if you find ways to teach yourself and find you can do this beforehand, it'll be worth the effort you put in.

go out and make those coaching-skill gains OP

>t. boy scout and volunteer, multi-year camp counselor and sport instructor
>>
NOBLE

Stop forcing it you cunt
>>
>>47967091
Are you close to the German border?

I could visit your gym once in a while if so.
>>
>>47966785
Good bloke, wish you luck
>>
>>47966464
You sound like a pedo scoutmaster
>>
Free is associated with low quality or desperate. It's a good cause and your intentions are good but you need to charge money. Plus your clients will be more quality if there is a barrier to entry. Use the money to improve your services.
Don't charge too much but at the same time you need to ask for some compensation.
>>
>>47966464
Be ready to deal alot with middle age women who want to go to keep fit classes.
>>
>>47966464

how many people have this level of nobility?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.