[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Restless leg syndrome. Any other twitchtards here? It’s seriously screwing up my life. I’ve had it on and off from when I was a teenager but lately it has just been relentless. Sleep is down from an average of 7.5 hours to 4 hours per night (I track it on my phone). Needless to say gainz have stalled. The lack of sleep is making me seriously depressed too (which sucks because the rest of my life is going really well). Anyone got a cure? I’ve tried everything except the hardcore meds (which I’d like to avoid but I’m nearly at the end of my rope). Help!
>>
>>48305563
Bump. I'm also very interested in this. My gf runs semi marathons on regular basis and has this uper leg twitch that pains her.Any anons managed to find a solution? massage, running it off, food, stretching doesn't seem to work well.
>>
>>48305563
Uh oh. Parkinsons inbound in T-minus 40 years!
>>
>>48305904
1. Get her to stop doing long endurance cardio. It's bad for you and makes people into haggard skeletons.
2. She's probably low on iron (as well as everything else). So take iron for about 3 months and see.
>>
>>48305563
Twitchiness is a symptom associated with adhd. It usually gets worse with anxiety and stress, which the lack of sleep makes even worse
>>
>>48305563
>>48305904
what exactly have you tried so far?
>>
>>48306283
The twitch/minor cramp can stop her from sleeping. Its a vicious circle.
>>
>>48305563
>>48305904
Try supplementing Magnesium. It helps with muscle spasms. If I don't take it any muscle I tense starts twitching.
>>
>>48305563
You're low on B vitamins and most likely, potassium.

Eat bacon, avocados and report back
>>
>>48306512
Yeah also, b vitamins, b12 etc, potassium and magnesium.

Bacon is seriously good for potassium, same with avocado. Google it. You'll be fixed in a week if you eat it every day.
>>
>>48305563
Get a blood test to see which minerals you're lacking. You should supplement with iron. Restless leg syndrome is one of the symptoms of iron deficiency.
>>
>>48306512
>>48306558
>>48306567
Thanks for contributing to an actual /fit/ related thread anons
>>
File: 1537890155105.jpg (3.26 MB, 3120x3740)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>48305563
stop sipping
>>
>>48305563
It's simple, but may be hard to do.

No drugs.
no caffeine(withdrawal may suck for a few weeks or even a month but it is worth it)(you can continue drinking it only after you have dealt with your problem),
no alcohol,
no nicotine,
no weed

Fix your diet and gut.
Lowish carbs, not keto. Good source of carbs is white rice. Plenty of animal fats and don't overeat plants and fiber.
Eat only when you are hungry.

Stress.
Drop or contact as little as possible all the people that are net negative on your emotional state, that includes coworkers, gf, family.
Find like-minded friends if you do not have them.
No work in the evenings, only leisure, hobbies, hanging out with friends, family.

Exercise.
You may be overdoing it. If you do not enjoy exercise and it feels like chore, take a big break, 2-4 weeks.
If not, then exercise(weights) 3x-6x times a week as long as you enjoy doing it.

Sleep.
If you do all the things mentioned before I think your sleep will automatically improve(although it may make it worse temporarily, especially dropping caffeine).
Some little tips that can further improve sleep: no blue light in evenings, no big meals in evenings, cool and dark room.
I think there is no need to track your sleep on your phone, it makes you even more neurotic.
>>
like most discomforts, it gets worse the more you think and obsess over it. it is there, it is shitty, end of discussion.

it comes and goes, I always get it in periods when I'm stressed out and anxious, and it can last a few weeks.

leave it be and don't let it consume your life, because there is no medical cure for it. if you can't sleep at night, get up and move around a little and try again

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.