[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1409697014196.jpg (147 KB, 1126x844)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Ask here your questions which are small enough to not warrant their own thread!
>>
File: Untitled.png (79 KB, 474x1300)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>63318384
So, I'm trying to load a bluray using mpc-hc with LAV filters and I'm getting pic related as an error.

From what I can tell this means I'm missing the specified codecs but as far as I can tell (scrolling through the list supported by LAV) I do. So I'm not sure what is going on.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
I used to have a 120hz Benq LCD to play Counter-Strike, it was great.

But I had to sell it, and my other IPS monitor is too laggy to play fast paced games.

My question is, should I buy some random crappy CRT monitor, if I can find one where I live? Is there a huge difference in response time and frequency from top of the line CRTs and low end ones? (taking into consideration my current IPS monitor)
>>
Im facing screen tearing in ubuntu 17.10
Specs:
i5 8250U
MX150

What do i do??
>>
link to piratebay?
>>
>>63309222
>>63309222
>>63309222
>>
>>63318384
I run multiple services through nginx. How can I make sure that if one gets compromised, it can't affect others?
>>
>>63319438
http://thepiratebay.org/
>>
are scam shop sites common online?
i don't have experience buying anything online besides EBay.
my mom found this one on Facebook as "sponsored".
>http://www.cftopuiltu.shop/
site obviously tries to copy UGG website, and it seems fishy as hell. If she doesn't get her package (as she probably won't), can she sue?
do you have experiences with this site?
also pic not related
>>
It is a new build and some old HDDs. When I press the power on button the fans start moving, but nothing is happening. Pressing the power off or restart does nothing. The speaker makes no sound. And I don't get to the bios. Any ideas what could be the problem?
>>
>>63321049
doesn't support SSL, whois points to some Chink, obvious UGG Australia knock off, in shipping they write pls instead of please.
my mom says she doesn't mind chinese copy but i'm afraid she won't see even the copy.
>>
>>63321049
>can she sue?
Ask your credit card people to do a charge back because the item hasn't been delivered by the seller.
>>
>>63318384
Why THE FUCK do chipset manufacturers so such a shit job at maintaining old chipsets? I swear to god I'm back in college that's the level of competence I'm seeing currently.

Fresh install of Windows 7 (really a downgrade from 10). Ethernet controller doesn't work, oh well that happens. hwinfo doesn't show the device... It's in device manager as "Ethernet controller" with ID ven_14e4&dev_16b1&subsys_96b11849&rev_10, or the BCM57781. The downloads for Broadcom ethernet drivers from Intel are old, but whatever, they don't install anyways. Got the "LAN driver" from Asrock's site, that shit doesn't work either... GO TO BROADCOM'S SITE. NO RESULTS FOR "BCM57781". NIGGER WTF.

What do from here m8s?
>>
>>63321275
why is something as big as Facebook promoting this garbage?
i think it's an obvious scam but i didn't know Facebook would promote it. Can any of you guys confirm it?
>>
>>63321326
In a shocking turn of events, one of those sketch af driver download sites gave me drivers that worked. Don't worry, I'm not retarded, I opened up the .exe and took out the important files.
>>
>>63321355
>why is something as big as Facebook promoting this garbage?
Money. Facebook's reputation can't really get much worse, and nearly everyone uses it anyway. They probably know they can get away with it, or don't even bother to double check what they're helping advertise.
>>
What's the point of the Ryzen 5 1600X?
Can't you just slightly overclock a 1600 for the same performance and TDP?
>>
Is there any good free download manager like IDM without ads shit ?
open source would be a bonus
>>
File: (._.).png (16 KB, 500x332)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Using the NBNS protocol, how could I get a list of records that include host names and ip's? This is mainly for probing the network for devices that have records.
>>
>>63318384
Asked this yesterday.

>Be me
>Using comfy Debian testing with bspwm
>Boot up one day, at TTY for some reason
>SDDM broke. I could start it with systemctl, but enabling wouldn't make it work on boot.
>No so comfy anymore
>Keep enabling, disabling, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc
>Look it up. Find some change I have to make in the service file.
>Change it, works now. Comfy again.
>System now noticeably faster and uses 100MB less RAM

Why did it break, and why is it working significantly better than ever before after fixing?
>>
>>63321526
ugetdm.com
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 965x768)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>63318384
Will a 32 bit system consider an n-bit binary number starting with one as negative (n being a positive number less than 32)?
>>
>>63322057
No, and the question is imprecise. It depends not upon default word size, but the representation system. But if you assume two's complement, then only if the most significant bit is 1 will the number be negative. With other n-bit numbers the more significant bits not specified can be assumed to be 0.
>>
>>63322148
>>63322170
thank you
>>
How do I lock the start button on windows 10
>>
marceline ~
$ python3
Python 3.6.1 (default, Mar 24 2017, 12:50:34)
[GCC 5.4.0] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

Why is it telling me what version of GCC I have if I'm running a Python REPL?
>>
>>63322810
Version of GCC that python3 was compiled with derp
>>
>>63322842
Oh, duh. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
>>
Best brand for a UPS? I want a home server and I don't trust the electric companies regarding over-voltage and continuous power supplying.
>>
File: ATI Radeon HD 3650.jpg (21 KB, 355x237)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Fren gave me pic related after he replaced it with a 1050, what are some things I could do with it?

https://www.cnet.com/products/ati-radeon-hd-3650-graphics-card-radeon-hd-3650-512-mb-series/specs/
>>
>>63322992
I'm not sure but you could mine some bitcoins with it maybe? Or if there's computer part shops around you should just sell it.
>>
>>63319255
You done goofed, CRT monitors are a pain to carry and their prices plummeted from what I experienced.
>>
what feature should i be looking for a laptop that can be compatible with external gpu?
>>
>>63323028
ha ha ha
>>
File: Kek Republic.jpg (26 KB, 233x188)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>63323028
>mine some bitcoins
how new are you
>>
How do I add subtitles to an MP4 file?
>>
>>63323365
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/subtitles-text-editor-aegisub/

make them in a text editor in the format it describes, save the file as SRT, load it in MPC or whatever the hell you use, bam, done, finished.
>>
>>63323393
No, I mean making it part of he MP4 itself, like with an MKV file.
>>
>>63323450
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo
>>
Ryzen 1600 here.
The Windowa USB starts up. I can't use the mouse, but I continued with keyboard. It can't read the HDDs and the SSD, though. It says drivers are missing. I am doing this through a USB2.
I tested the USB on another machine and it works.
Help.
>>
this thread on a forum I lurk suddenly got a massive amount of views and my friend's wondering why it could of happened. thread:

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1538825

Not sure where to ask this apart from the technology board. Any ideas or ways to figure out if it got linked anywhere or something?
>>
Is there an easy way to transfer my full windows10 os from my hdd to my ssd? Or should I go with ntfsclone and working around?
>>
>>63321059

Check your power cables and test them with a multimeter if available

Most mobos have a power status light, check that.
>>
>>63323630
Install gentoo pleb
>>
>>63323630
i only tried acronis true image, works perfectly. used it in cloning drives when i worked for free in our library.
it also works even you have two drives, it boots to acronis boot image and clones your drive outside windows.
>>
File: Captain Amerismug.png (416 KB, 623x527)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>63323550
>facepunch
don't you commies have better things to do
>>
Is it ok to put a subwoofer like 2 feet away from a computer tower?
>>
Need help with Instagram. I like to look at people's instagrams, but i didn't have an account myself.
I found out something called "instagram stories" exist, so i made a dummy account and logged in, but i can't find them or see them.
Are there any requirements to see instagram stories, e.g. i have to use the app instead of a web browser, i have to follow the person, etc.?
Because i don't really want to download the app and have it spy on me, as Instagram is owned by Facebook
>>
>>63323937
i think you need the app but last i checked there was an extension for chrome to view them
>>
File: 1506381179788.jpg (144 KB, 572x303)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
So my laptop already has a 256gb ssd and I have been planning on getting a new drive sometime. Obviously a hard disk drive would be much, much cheaper, but what I'm wondering is how much it might affect the battery life.
And to be sure, isn't it important to store programs and the like on the ssd while keeping like videos, pictures etc. on the hdd?
>>
>>63323874
preaching to the choir m8
>>
>>63323992
generally, you keep the OS and any programs you want to load fast on the SSD, and everything else on the HDD.

Battery life won't be affected too much by adding an HDD, maybe a few minutes at most.
>>
I have a Core i3 6100 custom build, with two monitors plugged into it, one being HDMI and one being DVI.

My two monitors is a 1080p ASUS monitor (obviously plugged into the HDMI port) and a 900p HP monitor (plugged into the DVI port).

When I start the computer, the BIOS always pops up on the secondary monitor, the one with the DVI port. It always boots on the second monitor, but when I get into Windows 7, it gets to the primary monitor. Very rarely do I see it boot via the first monitor. Why is this? Is it my graphics card (GTX 1050 Ti) prioritizing DVI over HDMI on boot? Or is it my second monitor coming on first, then the primary monitor comes on?
>>
>>63323476
It is probably because XHCI is on in your BIOS. Assuming you are trying to install Windows 7, I've had this problem, except my SSD and HDD was detected just fine.

Try disabling XHCI hand off in your BIOS, and see if that makes a difference with getting your peripherals working.

In addition, you need to install the USB 3.0 driver if you're using Windows 7. ASRock I believe has USB 3.0 drivers available. In addition, it could be AHCI acting wonky, not completely sure.
>>
File: 33259.png (224 KB, 537x525)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
How do I change ank pixiv's download location?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ank-pixiv-tool/
>>
In the various 4chan archives, is there any way to search for filenames with a special character in them? I'm trying to search for all filenames containing "$R", but it's just returning all filenames with the letter R in them instead.
>>
Trying to get DS4Windoes working via bluetooth.

Currently, I have the DS4 driver installed, 360 controller driver installed, and the DS4 controller turns works when connected by cable. The controller appear in "Devices & Printers" and the light on the DS4 goes blue and a 360 controller appears in D&P. It totally works.
I have the controller paired with my BT adapter and I can see the controller appear in D&P when it finally connects. The blinking light blue goes to a solid light blue. But DS4 doesn't finish the job. It doesn't connect to the controller, make the 360 virtual controller, and the DS4 eventually powers off. It doesn't show up in the list of available controller in the application either.

The only difference between connecting the DS4 via USB and BT is in the devices and printers, when connected via USB if I right-click and go to Properties > Hardware there is "HID-compliant game controller" under device functions, that isn't there contrller that appears when connected via bluetooth.

Any insight?
>>
Did an undersea cable got cut?
Suddenly a few pages are down like if they were pulled from DNS.
>>
I have an old archos tablet and even with ArcTools I can't get the Android market to work properly. Google Talk Authentication fails.

Is there any kind of custom software I can install on this to make it usable?
>>
>>63324279
I have tried that and the motherboard asus prime b350plus has usb2 to begin with.
>>
File: 564564578.png (535 KB, 1131x620)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>63323466
No, I mean something like this.
>>
File: pop-ups.jpg (99 KB, 650x498)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>63318384
How do I block these malicious ad.fly (and it's related domains) ads without breaking the site? I remember in the past a simple adblocker was enough. I use Firefox ESR with uBlock and Noscript and the only way the site works is when I disable both. There are several ad skippers for chrome that supposedly work with ad.fly. There must be something for Firefox.
>>
>>63324787
Let me reword this more simply:

DS4 controller connected to computer via BT isn't showing up as an HID-compliant controller.
>>
>>63321724
Anybody?
>>
>>63319402
Install Compton
>>
Why is creating a virtual disk in virtualbox so fucking slow and takes several minutes in WIndows, when on Linux it does it instantly?
>>
>>63325167
use hyperv you cuntbrain
>>
>>63325045
Remove all controllers under devices and printers and reinstall drivers, don't know what else to say. I had some troubles with DS4 in the past, but mainly when trying to use 2 controllers at once.
>>
File: 1505657856381.jpg (67 KB, 397x525)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Is there a way to download music from Spotify for free?
>>
I'm currently trying to install systemd-boot on Gentoo, but bootctl install fails with

Failed to open "/usr/lib/systemd/boot/efi": No such file or directory

Does Gentoo not support systemd-boot or am I doing something wrong?
>>
Can I get a link to that site with clean windows 7 torrents?
>>
best/easiest way to dl youtube -> mp4/mkv?
>>
Sup, /g/ents?

I have a local website up and running on my network. My goal is essentially to connect to the site I set up, from one laptop to the next, and break into the database, stealing the data I have stored. Or to generally fuck it up somehow. Any tips?
>>
>>63325488
Also, I made it pretty damn secure(I think). What are common ways to access databases from the client side, if possible?
>>
Is there any way I can download an OEM specific version of Windows 10?

I have an Asus Transformer tablet/laptop that's fucked beyond belief, and I want to format/reinstall without all the BS of finding drivers.
>>
What is "ARC" in BSD?
>>
>>63325551
You can ask the distributor for an installation disk, but this will cost you something (if they offer one at all). Otherwise you could backup your drivers from the laptop before reinstalling it. I would recommend downloading a fresh and probably updated version from the web manually though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 598x651)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Recently hooked up my TV to my desktop. Whats the most comfy way to control the pc from bed? Mainly looking to be able to navigate KissAnime/Netflix
>>
>>63325488
>>63325500
>Stupid question thread === stupid people thread

I don't know why I ask here. People don't know shit.
>>
Is there a way I can download images from 4chanx's gallery mode by pressing a key ("d")?
I browse /wsg/ a lot and having to either drag the image into my desktop or to exit gallery mode, download by pressing the icon and re-entering.
>>
>>63325500
>from the client side
Don't trust the client.
Probably none is answering because you are a passive aggressive entitled brainlet asking the equivalent of a homework question.
>>
Some of my applications have an invisible icon in both the taskbar and application list. Currently it's just hexchat and GIMP, but I imagine others in the future will have this problem.
>>
>>63325823
I hooked up my DS3 controller per bluetooth and remapped the right stick to control the cursor and R1/L1 to left and right click. Cost me nothing and did the job. But you could also get one of these wireless keyboards with touchpad.
Also did you just draw this in paint?
>>
>>63325846
I don't trust the client, the question was how can I access the DB from the client, if possible.
>>
Buying a new laptop.

Which do you think is the wiser choice?

I'm heavily leaning towards the second option (i7, 16GB RAM, 528GB SSD). Any reason to object?
>>
>>63325997
With an application server. How do you think websites work?
>>
>>63325998
None. Intel is shit
>>
>>63325998
What will you use it for? Picking the cheapest one is always a sane choice. Ask yourself if you really need those specs.
>>
>>63325890
Cool, I agree a controller seems the most comfy. I just found "Controller Companion" on steam. It does that + on screen keyboard should I need it.

and yeah lmao i drew it in an attempt to explain what i was saying better
>>
What's the better host?
>>
Is there more to game performance in Linux than just graphics drivers?
I get approximately half the framerate on Linux with the kernel radeon driver, vs catalyst on Windows.
>>
>>63318384
ive been hearing rumors shit flying all over, that windows 10 is losing support in 2018, im curious is this true and why is micropenis doing this to millions of customers.
>>
>>63326106
>Is there more to game performance than just graphics drivers?
Hurr durr, how about how the program was written? How shit the port is?
>>
>>63326160
What would be the replacement? That's stupid and you are stupid. They have even turned it into a rolling release so it'll last longer.
>>
>>63326011
No fucking shit. Everything is set up, I have a functioning application. I'm trying to break into said server from the client side.
>>
>>63326178
>me
>stupid
anon ive been hearing this shit on the board from multiple people for the past hour, im not the stupid one for curiosity
>>
What VPN?
>>
>>63326193
You are stupid for not applying some common sense, logic, or even a internet search to the issue.
>>
How do I activate Office?
I only installed word but Toolkit just gives me this
>>
>>63326391
Did you convert to Volume before installing?
>>
So who thinks the whole "smart fridge/house" fad is just begging for hacking? I mean just wait, soon you'll hear about how some fool opened his fridge to hear "You suck black cock" or some other shit spewing out the speakers. Or have the little punk ass hacker across the road cause your furnace to shutoff thereby causing your pipes to burst during winter.
>>
how to type code in 4chan?
>>
Can a bad displayport cable cause problems? Recently bought a new monitor (ACER XF270HU) and I notice some stuttering when playing games at 1440p (both when the monitor is set at 60hz and 144hz). The problem seems to disappear when I set the monitor's resolution to 1080p though. I'm not sure if it's the monitor or if it could just be the cable.
>>
>>63318384
I want to read/write some C values to file. Think just a medium-sized 2d-array.

What's the best way to do this? Are there any simple libraries? or just some sort of fread/fwrite.
>>
'Sup.
Some dude we paid to take pictures overwrote his SD card with other pics. Said he had a backup but he dropped his fucking laptop and tells us now he can't recover the photos for us.
My question is, is there still a way to recover files without paying out the ass for it? I'm not really well-versed in /g/ stuff so I'd appreciate any tips.
Or if there's really no way then I guess I'll just get our money back.
>>
>>63323630
clone w/ macrium reflect or something http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/conversions/convert_to_a_solid_state_disk.htm
>>
>>63326715
<code>text</code>
>>
File: ø2.png (70 KB, 592x326)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Can someone tell me what's going on with this game?

Every time i play it for more than a few hours it starts shitting itself, freezing and eventually crashing. It has done this for quite some time now, but this is the first time i've gotten this message. It seems like it's only this game, but i could be mistaken.
After the game crashes, my computer is slow in general. After powering down completely both the game and the rest of the computer runs smoothly again.

Is this what's called a "memory leak" ?
>>
>>63326852

Put text in a <tt>typewriter
font</tt>. The same font is
generally used for <code>
computer code</code>.
>>
>>63326710
>annon invents iot hacking
>>
>>63326893
`ib`
>>
>>63326893
[tt]test one two[/tt]
>>
http://freepicturesolutions.com/free-duplicate-photo-finder.html
Can't seem to get this to work on W10. Tried a bunch of different compatibility modes but it's not working.
Anyone know a setup that works? or an alternative free software.
>>
>>63326938
[$code]
enter code here
[$/code]
>>
>>63326959
>downlad now
nice
>>
>>63318384
where the fuck did i leave my pen?
>>
I just set up YaRSS2 to subscribe to some anime; I assume that I'll need to manually download all of the shows that were released prior to me setting up this subscription -- is that right? I'm too impatient to wait for the next feed update.
>>
can I image a hard drive and then mount that image as a disk in windows?
>>
So I've got my first job as a SysAdmin, tho I've wanted to become a programmer, this was the first opportunity.

Thing is I want to focus autism-mode on automating tasks and things for people, be that one guy in office that automates w/e you throw at him.

I already understand programming principles and I program well in C++, thing is I have no idea what to stick with for what I'm desiring to do.

I can learn any new programming language quick and other concepts, I just need them to be thrown at me - and I acknowledge since I know jack shit about what I want to do, maybe I haven't even formulated myself properly - this is the place to ask !
>>
>>63318384
When will the flat graphics meme end?
>>
File: 1501680134337.png (30 KB, 274x187)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Which free static site hosting service is better:
Neocities or Githubpages?
>>
>>63318384
How do sole people on /g/ know so much about GPUs ? I understand some people being wizards about CPUs, as there are shittons of content about it. But I rarely see any major books about GPUs. Does anyone have good books on the subject ?
>>
>>63327977
Just go to a GPU's official website and read the documentation, then read benchmarks from reviewers comparing different GPU's
>>
>>63326833
Can attest to Macrium Reflect. Makes backing up whole volumes and creating system recovery images of your pc easy. I use it to mange backup of all my server's data.
>>
File: abysmal.png (34 KB, 1126x890)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
is it possible to save a dieing/dead ssd?

ive had a PNY ssd (yes i know its a shit brand) for 4 years now, and the read/write speeds are so abysmal that i dont even use it anymore

i know at one point i wiped it and formatted it to NTFS to try to use it again but it didnt help, but i havent tried any other file format because i dont know why that would matter
>>
My sorting in windows 8.1 is fucked up when I choose "Date" sorting, all the folders are now at the bottom instead of top and I don't know how it did. Only happens in my document folders, I also use classic shell.
>>
In a network diagram, how could I decompose a gateway (for reasons)? Is there a way to turn it into modem + switch + hub, like connected in series or some shit?
>>
Internet -> Router -> Modem, or Internet -> Modem -> Router?
>>
>>63328856
the second
>>
>>63328856
Internet -> Modem -> Router
>>
>>63328856
Pen -> Pineapple -> Apple -> Pen
>>
>>63328871
>>63328888
Why though? Isn't routing the last thing before sending the packets to their destination? For example, back when dial up Internet, wasn't the modem between (whatever phone infrastructure that handled the routing)?
>>
>>63328913
because the modem function is encoding and decoding the packet form digital to signal.
>>
Where do I start to manipulate string on a webpage like the (((Coincidence))) Detector app does? Preferably want to use Java or Javascript as practice. Can't find the source code for that app, any help will be appreciated.
>>
>>63328913
No, a router allows you to connect multiple things together, and creates a separate firewalled network for those things. The modem translates the single outbound connection from the router into the medium they're transmitted on to your ISP.
>>
Can someone verify if this is legit?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttrbzegrq88o5o1/Windows+7+Activation.zip

I
>>
When I scroll down on my monitor, there's a visible line(2-3 mm) in the middle of the monitor all the way across where the pixels are weird. Sorta like when you're looking through water. Shimmering-like effect.

Is this supposed to be normal? As in just an effect of high speed refresh cycles causing this weird effect?

Or is this just a product of rendering issue for the browser? Doesnt' seem to happen with other programs like utorrent (scrolling). Just chromium.
>>
Can a Python script have more than one .json file open at a time? Also, how do you close a file once you've gotten the information that you need?
>>
what's the smallest case i can get that can fit a micro motherboard and psu?
>>
>>63329579
Or at least give me a method of activating windows 7?
>>
>HD6320
>catalyst no longer supported
>screen tearing like shit
>I edited a 10-radeon.conf file just blindly like an idiot and added some 'TearFree' option and o course it didn't work silly me
>I don't know what I'm doing

I'm perfect for this thread.
>>
>>63329955
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
I am not too tech savy or don't know much about routers but I have noticed a few things. When I am gaming on my PC or Xbox I always get a terrible lag which makes online games unplayable.
What I've also noticed is that when my brother gets close to the router while on his phone, the lag goes away but when he leaves to his room the lag returns.

Is there a way I can fix this issue without having to buy a whole new router? If it is better to just buy a whole new router which would you guys recommend?
>>
>>63330254
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/
>>
>>63323090
I have a thinkpad t420 and got it work with a gtx 1060 3g via the express card slot
>>
>>63318384
Hello
How would I go about rewinding my DVD rental?
>>
File: dvdrewinder.jpg (24 KB, 316x210)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>63330559
>>
How do i share all files on my computer to my network with a password?
>>
>>63318384
This seems slow for an m.2 drive right? I got the Samsung 960 EVO and plugged it into my motherboard's m.2 slot.

[root@XERXES ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=10
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00527508 s, 2.0 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.006671 s, 1.6 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00559225 s, 1.9 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00866644 s, 1.2 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00810318 s, 1.3 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00864159 s, 1.2 GB/s
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
10485760 bytes (10 MB, 10 MiB) copied, 0.00863351 s, 1.2 GB/s

Maybe I should put the m.2 in a PCIe expansion instead?
>>
>>63330724
Is your motherboard running in a x4 PCIe slot?
But that MB is rated for 2.0 GiB (1.6GB) so looks ok.
Speeds decrease as cache gets full, SLC/RAM cache is a problem with all SSDs.
>>
cant find an answer online

i cant change my camera's privacy settings to turn it on. it says Some settings are hidden or managed by your company

im on windows 10
>>
>>63330784
>>63330724
in a x4 M2 slot*
>>
>>63330724
use fio for benchmarking your drive
>>
>>63330820
LTSB?
>>
( 2/62) Removing libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64 ...........................................[error]
Removal of (69705)libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64(@System) failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: rpmdb: damaged header #93042 retrieved -- skipping.
error: rpmdb: damaged header #93042 retrieved -- skipping.
error: package libndr-krb5pac0-4.6.7+git.49.562d44faa9d-1.3.x86_64 is not installed

openSUSE Tumbleweed btw. This happens every update (or distro upgrade, which I do), and I simply ignore it and continue the update without much issue.

Can I do anything? Pretty sure that package is installed, but I get the same error when trying to remove it (and nothing really happens if I try to install it).
>>
>>63330837
nah
>>
>>63318384

God damn it, im desperate with this one, I fucking forgot out of nowhere my unlock password for my iphone, I just can't remember it after using it for 2 years.

Normally, if you forget your password it's gg, you have to reset the damned thing and install the backup, the thing is, after restoring the phone, it requests the passcode to unlock, and it's the same god damned password I forgot.

Im using iExplorer 3 to browse my backup file, which is not encrypted, and im able to see almost all the data folders, I just need to know where the fuck is the passcode to unlock the phone, can anyone help me with this?
>>
>>63330827
Oops, no it is not. That's it for sure, thanks.

>>63330833
Cool I'll switch m2 slots and check it out.
>>
>>63325645
if you're asking about the zfs arc, then "adaptive replacement cache"
https://www.zfsbuild.com/2010/04/15/explanation-of-arc-and-l2arc/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_replacement_cache
>>
>>63325488
>look at attack surface surrounding entity you want to access
>pick somewhere and start poking
>>
Just installed windows 7, and i can't connect to the any wireless network.
The laptop has a wireless card, How do i connect to my wifi?
>>
>>63330860
Apple note on the topic basically says you have to erase the phone.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306
>>
>>63331146
Install the driver.
>>
>>63331172
Where can i download said drivers
>>
>>63331187
The manufacturer website.
>>
>>63331201
thank
>>
>>63330254
Connecting you pc and router with an ethernet cable may be an option.
>>
>>63329652
>browser rendering issue?
>doesn't happen with other programs like utorrent (scrolling), just chromium.
to test, try changing the size of your chromium window and moving that window to various positions on your screen.
>>
>>63328350
Draw a shape for each physical entity you have.
>>
File: 1509766773677.jpg (63 KB, 722x349)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
My 1600x keeps underclocking itself during gaming and I have no idea why, I run Cinebench and the clocks drop from the base 3.7 to as low as 2.9 throughout the stress test. I have a 700w PSU and a liquid cooler so I'm thinking it can't be throttling.

I can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue.
>>
>>63331273
>I have a 700w PSU and a liquid cooler so I'm thinking it can't be throttling.
I see you didn't post the temperatures, so I'm thinking you probably fucked up the cooler setup.
>>
>>63328232
the earliest ssds had shitty controllers with shitty firmware that problems over the long term
you'll have to research if you have one of those

the other thing to try is to trim the ssd so the ssd treats its blocks as empty
http://www.thessdreview.com/daily-news/latest-buzz/trimcheck-does-your-ssd-really-have-trim-working/
>>
>>63331286
Sorry theres a few things i didn't post for the sake of time.

Under load it hits 75 degrees, and the mobo is an asrock ab350m pro4. Shits super buggy, if the comp comes out of sleep the CPU locks to 2.2 and only reverts to 3.7 when i reset the computer and go back into the bios.
>>
>>63331286
Where can I download the cooler setup?
>>
>>63318384

How to read/edit .plist files on windows 10, so far can't find a trustworthy app for it.
>>
>>63326829
If the disk in his laptop still works then you should get able to get the pictures off that somehow. Maybe use a disk enclosure or something.
I think there's a linux pictures/video recovery tool. It's worth running it over the sd card to see what you can recover. (Won't recover anything if he's completely filled his sd card since then.)
If he just throws up roadblocks to finding a solution then its time to walk away.
>>
>>63326783
You have fread() and fwrite().
You'll have to write the code to format your output and interpret your input.
>>
>>63326710
>items in use for decades
>no security updates since the product was released
>>
>>63331375
Yea are there better ways than that? Or is that my go-to?
>>
>>63326225
Very roughly...

It's like wiring up your office network.
Except you don't have to physically wire them together; you can just use software if they all have an internet connection.
>>
>>63331409
Unless there's a library for the file format you're interest in, that's you go to for your own formats.
>>
>>63331431
Anything for standard numerical data?
>>
File: 1480984864744.jpg (40 KB, 444x470)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Does distributions like Ubuntu and Debian contain spyware? And if yes, what distribution should a beginner use?
>>
>>63331499
>Does distributions like Ubuntu and Debian contain spyware?
No.
>>
>>63321326
It sounds crazy but install win2000 drivers, through the legacy hardware option in your device manager.

This will get old hardwarebup and running in Windows 7.
>>
>>63324833
I remember back in 97' I called Microsoft support to see if the MSN chat was down. It turns out the college network was down. I went right to the top instead of checking my end.
>>
>>63328350
Ascending/Descending?
>>
>>63331609
For
>>63328267
>>
File: 1441297414925.png (913 KB, 680x680)
913 KB
913 KB PNG
Can I still start a CS career if I have no school, am 26 yo and have no working experience?

I was great in it at high school, made some terrible life decisions after that. Want to reboot this shit
>>
>>63331722
Hell yeah bro. An older, laid back IT person is great. The young weirdos make lots of folks uncomfortable.
>>
>>63331764
thanks, makes me feel kinda better
>>
So I installed Windows 7, but my mouse is not working, the keyboard is. Doesn't even recognize flashdrives. How do I install drivers from this situation? I don't even have internet on the machine itself.
>>
>>63331764
anw, where whould you start?
Testing and than move to C dev or Java?

I have no idea
>>
>>63331881
Hmm. Aren't mice like the basic bitch of any machine? Did you check your bios just in case?
>>
>>63331904
I'm going to get tons of flak, but I'd download some free Microsoft Visual C++ just for shits and giggles. Believe it or not programming wasn't for me and I knew it right away before I dove too deep.
>>
>>63331913
The mouse works in the bios. The keyboard only works probably because there is on ps/2 port and it is in it
>>
>>63330636
SMB is pretty ez.
run -> \\ip\c$
>>
>>63331881
http://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>>
Anyone know more music like this:

https://youtu.be/mXQVKx0IKN4

https://youtu.be/FOkkE93coIg

Preferably stuff that doesn't refer to video games, just heroes etc.
>>
I have an acer aspire one netbook kav60 d250
The processor is an intel atom n270 running at 1.6 (or 1.66, not sure) GHz
How much can i overclock this thing?

Internet opinions range wildly from "NO DO NOT" to "1.9 ghz EZ"
what do?
>>
>>63332226
Thanks, man.
I managed to install the wifi card drivers and got internet. From there with the keyboard I navigated to the AMD driver links and managed to install them. Now I have a working mouse and flashdrives. It is a bliss.
>>
>>63319255
person from yesterday here, is there something else you're concerned about? or are you just after a second opinion?
>>
>>63323365
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i subtitles.srt -c copy -c:s mov_text output.mp4
>>
>>63325167
does windows even fallocate?
>>
>>63330559
hold the rewind button on your remote until you're back to the start
>>
File: 6347457.png (290 KB, 1023x647)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
I would like to try out Firefox, but after what I heard about its latest version making several extensions stop working, I'm not sure over what type of Firefox's fork should I use now. Is the main vanilla version alright to use or is there any fork of it that performs better? What would you recommend to a Vivaldi user like me?
>>
My g400s is turning off, i feel like its a problem with the wire as it happens when i move it and it gives me a device not recognized error message when trying to reconnect it. Am i fucked or is this fixable?
>>
Where can I find some good resources about cryptography (public/private key, stream/block ciphers) and digital signatures and certificates.
I know the basics of it, but I'm supposed to write a paper about it, and I'm not sure I have 20 pages of info.
Please help
>>
I've noticed that Dell Inspiron 3567 costs the same as a Dell Inspiron 15 5567. The latter has 2GB of RAM more and a Radeon R7 M445, and the former has a Radeon R5 M430. Would it be smarter to buy the 5567, with it having better specs, or it's just a scheme from my retailer to make me lose cash? Or am I just overthinkng?
>>
One of my extensions in chrome just disappeared. I don't remember what it was called. It automatically detected if a page could be loaded in HTTPS and redirected. It was something similar to HTTPS finder, but it had a different name...

>>63333831
Build your own. Prebuilts ALWAYS suck. ALWAYS are shit performance/cost. ALWAYS are nigh impossible to repair out of warranty. There are plenty of videos out there that go through every thing you need to select parts and put them together. Bit the bullet.

>>63333478
>20 pages on crypto
How is the paper supposed to be written? Is this supposed to be an non-technical overview? A literature review?

>>63333158
FF blows dicks. But if you really want to try it you should try vanilla and PaleMoon. Those are the two that matter.
>>
This board is for technology. Why is it just filled with computer and programming shit and not anything technologically based like different types of engineering? Why does it seem the only people in this board are under 16 or those 600 lb basement dwellers, fedora wearing, ripped up shitty ass clothes wearing memes? This board is just that really fucking boring. It's just the same shitposts over and over and over again and stupid coding questions. Literally the same threads every day. How you do guys stand it?
>>
>>63325166
I did and it doesnt open up and
>>
>>63331332
Depends what data representation format is being used. If it's either JSON or XML (the two modern ones) just use any old editor. Notepad++ is teh commonly recommended one for Wangers.
>>
>>63325166
>install Compton
He's not trying to get robbed shot raped or whatever else niggers do.
>>
>>63331409
Personally I would use a binary file and write some routines that just dump and undump your 2D arrays into the file as they are.
>>
>>63331499
Either are fine. Both have usable desktops you can use while you learn to use a terminal. If you have a newer machine I would suggest Ubuntu because you might need newer packages to support your hardware.
>>
>>63334045
Every board on 4chan is like that. Are you new?
>>
File: mommy miu.png (1.11 MB, 957x1065)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
I'm looking to upgrade my Core 2 Duo processor. Should I:

1. Get a Sky Lake and stay on Windows 7
2. Get a Kaby Lake for $20 less and try to make Windows 7 work even though I hear it's a pain in the ass to get it working on Kaby
3. Give in to those dirty fucking Jews, upgrade to Windows 10 and get a Coffee Lake, live forever in paranoia as Shlomo and friends spy on everything I do
>>
How do I get Lazarus IDE for Pascal to display execution time of my program in console? CodeBlocks does that by default and I cant figure out how to enable the same for Lazarus.
>>
>>63332237
I have a eeePC 1000HE with a N260 that I got OC'd to 1.66GHz. The N270 silicon doesn't do well running past it's rated frequency. Obviously the solution is to try OCing and see where you get. Personally I wouldn't. Mine is only OC'd because it's free. The N260 is a N270 gimped to 1.5GHz for slimy price bracketing reasons.
>>
Why the fuck can't I choose "Ask to activate" the Widevine Content Decryption Module?

I just want to enable it for the Spotify webplayer.

How can I force it to ask to activate?
>>
>>63334173
You missed 4. Go Ryzen.

Buying Skylake or Kaby Lake now is mentally retarded desu. Coffee Lake or Ryzen are the only choices. Yes you'll need Windows 10 but there are plenty of applications or manual guides for turning off all the unwanted shit.
>>
Should I RAID 1 my two ssds, or use one normally and use the other for regular backups ?

Also how common is it for a ssd to instantly die without warnings

Thx
>>
>>63334173
You should buy Ryzen and go to Wingoys 10.
>>
>>63334173
4. Just install Linux.
>>
>>63334192
You really think an old af IDE is going to contain modern conveniences? lol. Powershell has "Measure-Command"
>>
>>63334164
In the sense of age possibly, that's why left /b/ few years ago when I reached 20 and then left /pol shortly after. /Sci and /diy/ is where I've been hanging out. Thought I'd come here again to see if it's changed any or if I'd get lucky and see an actual good thread that I could do as a project but I was disappointed. Like I said it's just the same, or same type, of threads posted over and over again. Nothing is ever OC here. There are never project threads that don't have to do with building a fucking gaming computer. /g/ should be renamed to computers and programming. We need an engineering board but a trap board will be created before hand.
>>
>>63334007
Non-technical overview. As in, I'm supposed to write stuff about it, but only include specific methods as pictures (no formulas), so basically describe how stuff works. I got the basics started by describing asymetric and symetric encryption.
>>
Do cold showers increase testosterone?
>>
>>63332231
halp
>>
>>63334276
Yeah I mostly stick to generals here. Funny, on other boards that are still "quality", generals are usually cancer, but on shit boards like this one it's the generals that are the only tolerable part. I mostly share my time between here, /dpt/ and /k/. Yes I'm into programming, but even /dpt/ is turning sour. Mostly I think it's people making the same 5 shitty jokes over and over to entertain themselves. Of course it's new to them, but with an ever-increasing population you have a bunch of new retards making the same jokes, adjusting to the culture, and its agitating.

I wouldn't be adverse to an engineering general on /g/, since I'm EE by training, but the few times me and others have tried, it never stuck.

>>63334293
Wow, 20 pages on a non-technical overview... that fucking sucks. Symmetric vs asymmetric, hashing for validation, public key architecture, blockchain, SSL, and notable cryptographic attacks are where you should put most of your focus. Maybe go into a "future" section where you go over homomorphic encryption. As for a library of information on crypto, idk. I'll check the /g/entooman's library to see if there is anything there relevant anymore, but that shit is old.
>>
>>63334398
Go to /mu/ you tard.
>>
>>63334339
Yes
>>
File: 1509665031834.png (129 KB, 421x416)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>63334339
please answer
>>
Is it possible to send a running process to back ground in command line in linux?
>>
>>63334222
Im running x4 840 evo's in raid1
yes, raid them.
i'm not sure if there's statistics on failures, needless to mention none of mine ever failed for 2 years now.
>>
File: power.jpg (99 KB, 1280x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Anyone know what power input this is? I need to replace the cable on one of my monitors.

Would this work?

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-male-3-pin-plug-to-female-iec-c13-socket-2m-copc3p02
>>
>>63334488
>shit picture
>>
>>63334415
>>63334293
Oh yeah, I know it isn't technical, but you can mention the math behind it. Large primes and integer factorization and how new probabilistic primality testing algorithms have made that possible. How elliptic curves are being used in crypto to reduce key size while retaining security.

As for attacks on crypto, I might cover attacks on WEP, heartbleed, and how passwords (AKA symmetric key) are attacked (brute-force and overcoming entropy, and dictionary attacks).
>>
File: yugi.jpg (1.11 MB, 3264x2448)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>63334501
It is damn near impossible to get a decent picture
>>
>>63334551
take ur fucking camera back and focus
>>
What's faster for Ubuntu 17.10 guest on Windows 10 host? VirtualBox or VMware? No qemu+kvm. I need something hassle-free.
>>
File: T60WS.jpg (28 KB, 400x294)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Any thinkpad T60 widescreen people here who've had success getting the screen to run at full resolution(1860x1050) instead of 1280x800? I've got a T7200/ATI X1400 'pad, and google isn't being terribly helpful. Running the open source ATI driver, tried the xrandr "add a screen resolution to the list" trick without success.
>>
>>63334488
It looks like a standard IEC jack. Can't really tell because you are too close to focus.
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Computer-Monitor/dp/B00WA0W0QA
>>
>>63333422
Unless you have a warranty then the only thing you can do is probably solder a new wire
>>
>>63334557
if the female side of the cable on ur link looks like the male side on ur screen, go ahead.
>>
>>63334597
Doesn't matter for personal use, if there is any difference in performance it's minuscule.
>>
>>63334293
>>63334415
I was thinking of doing a comparison as for digital signatures and certificates, but I don't think I can write a lot about it, maybe 2 pages at most.
Is there a good resource that I can just copy/paste it and edit slightly? Talking about comparsion of ciphers and the above specifically.
I can wing the presentation, so even if they see that I copy pasted it, at least they will know that I know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: 3.jpg (1.03 MB, 3264x2448)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>63334551
Better?
>>
>>63334482
I just tried running a crystaldiskmark on raid1
Write performances were almost halved, shitty marvell controller :(
>>
>>63334173
Ryzen or coffee. But it's not that hard to set up 7.

http://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>>
File: 2.jpg (1.17 MB, 3264x2448)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>63334637
Wrong image
>>
is it possible to use regex in javascript to get value of an input that contains only file paths and removing everything that's behind the dot?
>value=this_is_a_cool_image.jpg
>>
>>63334641
oh im so stoned i meant to write x4 in raid0
i don't need a backup so i don't care.
run raid0 man.

>>63334662
just ur fucking average kettle power cord
>>
>>63334635
There is some stuff in the library. But I don't know of any definitive resources. Most of what I know has been pieced together over the past 5 years.

https://g.sicp.me/books/
>>
File: BHS3000UMECXEU-38-0.jpg (58 KB, 880x430)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>63318384
>its 2k17
>bought flagship smartphone
>no headphone jack

What do, /g/?

Are there any premium devices like on my pics? Because I want to use this thing with my IEMs.
>>
>>63334689
okay, I'll try that thanks man
I don't really need a backup given all my files are on other drives than the OS drive, it was just to avoid the hassle of redownloading everything on the godawful connection I actually have in case something bad happens
>>
how tf do I install nightly on linux mint? I spent about an hour and a half trying but was unsuccessful
>>
File: 0fVF62v.jpg (46 KB, 480x640)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
any difference between these two?
>>
>>63324913
in handbrake, load your video file, go to subtitle tab, and add or import track
>>
>>63334787
The top one's faster. And tested to handle a bunch of shit you'll never put it through. If you aren't recording 4k, the bottom one's fine.
>>
>>63334787
The plus is the newer version.

>>63334772
Protip: don't use FF.

You download and unpack the tarball and start the application? FF doesn't provide packages or installation scripts with nightlies, you have to do that yourself, or just start it up manually every time. Just don't do it.
>>
File: drive.png (237 KB, 1439x605)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
Laptop turns off after about 30 min of use. I can hear the drive clicking off, but nothing else. Checking the temps... boy this looks wrong. What's the procedure here?
>>
I'm going to be installing a new OS on new storage soon. Anything I should do with my old OS before I move over?
>>
>>63334941
clean and repaste your cpu and heatsink ffs it's not rocket surgery
>>
Stylish updated and all of my userstyles stopped working. Stylus isn't working either. they are both drop dead ugly pieces of shit and i can't get any of my userstyles to actually work.

is there some sort of difference in how @moz-document is declared in these extensions? i can't find anything online.
>>
>>63334941
also your HDD is utter garbage as an OS drive
>8MB buffer
>5400rpm
>>
>>63335001
don't forget to check the cpu fan, make sure it's spinning/isn't clogged with dust.
>>
File: 1510389658212.png (39 KB, 448x384)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
I'm having massive trouble trying to reset the trial for this program (Finale Printmusic 2014)
I've reinstalled after deleting everything related to the program on my pc, including registries and stuff in Roaming yet it somehow detects that its been installed previously and the trial goes up
>>
What's a decent laptop for studying/watching chinese cartoons/browsing 4chan for about 600~700 usd?

I'm not interested in shitty chromebooks or similar products, and I was thinking I could get a decent Thinkpad for this price, but maybe I should try to get something newer. What do you guys think?

I should also note that I live in the third world so the choice for most laptops is pretty limited, taxes also make everything more expensive than it is on the us.
>>
I want to create a project using hadoop, but have no idea what actually to do. Help pls.
>>
>>63335001
>repaste
Dude I'm on /g/ alright but not everyone here is a TECH tech enthusiast, you know what I mean? Like I can open this shit and try to reach and clean the fan, but that's as far as my knowledge goes, and even then it's a tough scenario because I've done it before once, and holy fucking shit the way the built the computer is you have to dismantle everything and you only reach the fan at the very end, after like one hour of moving stuff. So now I'm thinking maybe the time I did it I fucked it up and the fan doesn't work anymore, but I do hear it going so idk... and I mean I did that like 5 months ago, how can I go that bad in such short time...
>>63335023
The laptop is a piece of shit alright, I'd love to buy a new one but money is tight right now. Good to know though - could you elaborate on what the buffer and revolution mean for OS use? Is that below the standard or something?
>>
what do I do with my raspberry pi now that I have ubuntu mate installed running on it.
>>
Setting up a custom homepage with useful links (speed dial).
I recall seeing a thread about it here at g once and a fellow anon had some link to a page with a selection of custom homepages.
Do someone know a place for riced comfy minimalistic speed dials that I can download?
>>
File: file.png (167 KB, 1236x381)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>63334681
more importantly how do I get the value of an input in real time?
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (690 KB, 1224x1632)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
Am I retarded or is my Surface 3 broken?
I have formated the drive and I can only see 29gb of my 64gb ssd
>>
>>63335103
HGST make decent HDDs, if you can't afford/don't want an SSD.

look up HGST travelstar 7k1000, hell they go for about 40 on ebay(used)
>>
>>63335103
well, simply put the faster the rotational speed the more responsive data transfers will be, and having more buffer will result in higher overall sustained transfer speeds. 7200rpm has been the staple for OS hard drives for a while, and many provide 32MB or more buffer
>>
How do I clean the inside of my pc?
Anything I should avoid?
>>
>>63335206
lel you got jipped m8, it's only a 32GB SSD
>>
>>63335206
try refreshing or restarting the installation process. sometime it just fucks something up
>>
>>63335206
Did you buy it new?
I think somebody already swapped your ssd for a 32gb one

>>63335299
canned air or air compressor, vacuum cleaners produce a LOT of static probably dont use those. If you're going to blow out your case fans stick a pen or something in there so they don't spin around while your blowing, you can ruin the bearings by spinning a fan super duper fast with air
>>
>>63335118
You fucked up. Why did you buy your desktop? To play video games and run high-performance applications and have a comfier way to browse shitty internet jokes than a phone or tablet screen. Why did you buy your Raspbery Pi? To have a Raspberry Pi?

It's certainly useful because of it's small size and GPIO pins, but if you don't plan on needing those things out of a GP computer, you just wasted your money.

>>63334681
Yeah regex can solve that. Now learn.

>>63335299
Compressed air. Turn it off and go to town blowing the dust out. Better do it outside so you don't have that shit all over the carpet.
>>
>>63319438
Thebay.tv
>>
>>63335103
Hey I was 17 when I first did a repaste. I had no idea what I was doing, I just followed the manual to remove the heatsink and applied a bit of common sense (and paste). Yeah it can be kinda scary the first time, but it was far from difficult
>>
whats a good tool in linux to monitor for abnormal/malicious web traffic? I dont need something as wide-ranging as snort, just simply something that will identify and block scans and packets that have obviously bad GET methods, such as GET x09x08x07x00rootx00 or the such
>>
>>63334072
Er, elaborate?
>>
>>63335206
>>63335355
>>63335399
im 100%certain its a 64gb SSD in it, they dont ever make the surface 3 less then 64gb
>>
>>63334045
Because Mom bought them a gaymen rig for hannukah and not a bridge.
>>
>>63326783
if you want it to be human readable then write each array element followed by a comma to file with a newline character at end of array.
otherwise use memcpy or fwrite and the number of btyes total the array is to copy binary to file
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/c/fwrite
>>
File: 1291946065868.jpg (10 KB, 240x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Is there an online store that has the same, if not similar cpu and motherboard deals as Micro Center?

I recently found myself on disability and find myself wanting to do another build, but I legally can't drive anywhere, and considering Micro Center can be a 30 minute drive, a hefty Uber or cab fare would negate any money saved.

I suppose the prices on Amazon, Newegg or Microcenter aren't terrible, but all the same, if you shop smart, you can save like $50 buying from Micro Center.
>>
I can ping my VM CentOS7 from my workstation but can't ping my workstation, or anything else, from inside the VM.
I should have configured my network settings properly, and am using bridget adapter in VM network settings.
Can anyone throw some general guesses regarding what's blocking me from pinging from inside the VM?
Could it have something to do with my workstation firewall or router settings?
>>
>>63335839
bridged is good you also need to ensure that your vm has a unique ip address in the same subnet as the rest of your network
>>
>>63334276
Why? You and your shitty fake grownup lectures would be the only one posting there.
>>
>>63335850
it does, my WS IP ends in .22 and my VM IP ends in .52
>>
>>63335206
what the fuck, windows now is 30 GB?

fuck thaat
>>
>>63335839
>>63335850
if above fails then check your host firewall to see if it is blocking the traffic.
if you want to test to see if it is firewall try
dig @8.8.8.8 google.com

dns will almost always make it thru any firewall, but icmp not so much. this will tell you if it is a packet filtering issue or not
>>
File: IMG_3498.jpg (754 KB, 1224x1632)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
>>63335787
last try, i can see the other partition in bios(i think)
>>
>>63335862
thats all well and good, but are they in the same subnet? i am unsure how your network is configured but if the hosts have a CIDR greater than /26 (aka 255.255.255.192) you should be ok on the subnetting side of things
>>
>>63335888
do you have a usb drive or usb dvd reader? you can try burning gparted and re-formatting the drive using that instead of the windows partition manager, then repeat the installation process
>>
>>63335888
your single 64GB drive is split into 3 partitions anon, and the first 2 are full
>>
>>63335623
bump this question
>>
>>63335930
maybe its more than 64GB but the fact of the matter is your first two partitions are full. should probably reinstall and partition differently
>>
Why does everyone recommend 3 sets 12 reps? Does it actually give more gains? Or it is good only for starters?
>>
>>63335969
yeah im trying that 3rd part partition tool now, one of the disk was my sd card, but the 2 that is marked in red are the ssd
>>
>>63336029
im sticking with 3sets 10rep, 12 could be to push out the last
>>
File: 1486041995280.gif (3.79 MB, 256x168)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB GIF
Should I use Oracle VM Virtual Box or Windows XP Mode to run XP on my W7?
>>
>>63336029
I guess you would say its a starters.
After years of bodybuilding I've learned you need to switch it up. do some 3x12 for a few weeks, switch to 4x8 at higher weight for a while, do some 5x20 for a few weeks... keep your body guessing is the best way to make gains, if you only stick to one routine you will plateau and stop gaining after so long
>>
>>63335056
I am used to have no internet for months at a time and my StarCraft II install would require verification. I had luck with right clicking on the install folder, hidden program data, hidden app data (separately) and restoring the file back ups to an earlier date.

Also look up blocking hosts. Connectify and other programs dial into their home websites and keep a record of if they are a trial or even a cracked version.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/block-websites-using-hosts-file/
>>
>>63336097
Should i increase the weights or the reps and sets number?
>>
>>63335752
Regular text files are encoded. You have to translate the integer value 456 in memory into the string of characters "456" and then write each of those character values out. With binary files you write out the binary (in memory) values to a file. So if you write the integer 456 to file you get a file with 4 bytes (typical size of int) that reads 0x00 0x00 0x01 0xC8, the literal value 456. Then you can read those 4 bytes back into an int and have your original value. Since arrays are contiguous memory spaces you can write out an entire array to a file in one operation and then read it all back into an array in one operation.

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fopen/
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fclose/
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fwrite/
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fread/

So,
int example[3][3] = {{1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6}, {7, 8, 9}};
FILE* file = fopen("test.bin", "wb"); // b for binary file
fwrite(example, sizeof(int), sizeof(example)*sizeof(example[0]), file);
fclose(file);
// later...
int example[3][3];
FILE* file = fopen("test.bin", "wb"); // b for binary file
fread(example, sizeof(int), sizeof(example)*sizeof(example[0]), file);
fclose(file);
// "example" now has the original values
>>
>>63336126
mix it up about every 2 weeks.
The point is to work yourself to exhaustion/failure by the end of each routine and not give your body the chance to 'adapt' and normalize to the routine.
5x20 can be done with probably 50-60% of the weight you use for 10x12
4x8 should be done with adequate weight so that is extremely tough to do any more than 8. you may need to do 5x8 or 6x8 until you are at exhaustion depending on how your build
>>
>>63336185
Thanks for the tip.
20kg 3×12 is starting to become pretty easy for me. I am going to try 25kg 3×12 and 15kg 4×20 and use the one that feels harder and more power requiring.
>>
File: IMG_3499.jpg (515 KB, 1224x1632)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>63336063
time to give up?
>>
>>63336107
The only available backup is from yesterday, when the trial is still up
I have the program installed legally on my school pc, is there any way I could use that to crack it for my personal pc?
>>
>>63336256
why exactly did you install windows on a 32gb sd card?
>>
>>63336281
thats my ssd?
>>
I have like a full second delay before I press # and it is actually being type. Which program might cause this?
>>
what's wrong with my function? https://jsfiddle.net/yh5zLo4g/
the error is "Cannot read property 'split' of undefined"
>>
>>63336336
updated https://jsfiddle.net/yh5zLo4g/1/
>>
>>63336336
wooOOO! LOOK AT MY DIGITS
>>
>>63336029
do high weight low reps
>>
>>63336260
Possibly. I have done that before. Remember to get the hidden appdata and program data.

You could even install it new and grab those virgin files. Also bro, you never know how sly they can be. Upon a new installation look for config files in the windows directory
>>
I'm using Nicotine+ and it's shit. I need to restart the program every five minutes to resume uploads. How do I deal with this shit?
>>
>>63336305
mmcblk0 is an sd identifier
>>
>>63336305
you linux will identify an ssd drive as a /dev/sdX and possible a /dev/mapper/[name] if it contains logical volumes.
mmcblk0 stands for multi-media card block device 0.
that not your ssd anon, that is an sd card with windows installed on it
>>
>>63336408
>>63336260

Meant to say any files created upon a virgin installation. Which is just, install, enable hidden files/folders, then search the whole computer using the * and see what all the newest files were created. Copy all those fresh dudes and just copy them to destinations as needed.

I understand you probably already know how to search. It wasn't my intention to talk down to you just for clarity.
>>
Should I upgrade my Mobo+CPU knowing I plan buy a 1080GTX.

I currently own and use a x58 mobo with a i7-920.

I hear this is quite the relic, but I'm not sure why, since my i7 is of 2.62ghz.
>>
hey! how do i make windows 10 look more aesthetically pleasing and comfy? i have to use it for work for the next year but i don't like the interface. is there some way to have a dock, different start menu, menu bar on top etc.
sorry for the dumb questions but i have never used windows 10. thanks so much!!
>>
>>63336844
clock cycles dont mean everything. your processor is 10 years old and uses 45nm technology. If it does what you want it to no need to upgrade tho. if you have programs that require the use of a 1080gtx consider upgrading processor as well
>>
>>63336873
I have never used windows 10 either. Trying installing Fedora with Plasma KDE
>>
>>63336887
Other than video games no.
But I don't want it to bottleneck the gpu.

I hear that x58 mobos are still great to use and costs as much as modern one.
Why is that?
>>
>>63336844
For starters, 2.6GHz is very low.
>>
What's so great about TV boxes? A ton of people on /csg/ got them but can't you do the same with a rp3 for much cheaper?
>>
>>63330038
>>screen tearing like shit
Has anyone figured this out?
>>
what can be the reason for the computer locking up(screen freezes only way to restart is to turn it off with the button) no bsod once a month aprox?
>>
>>63337377
windows could be a possible cause
>>
So "blocking" an email address in gmail does nothing more than make it appear in spam rather than actually blocking them. Guess there's no actual way to block someone? Pretty fucking stupid.
>>
Trying to get off of gmail, is proton mail a good alternative? If not any suggestions?
>>
>>63329652
>>63331229
Took me a while to find a solution, but I just enabled the "Override software rendering list" from Chromium flags list. I guess it was a rendering issue with a latest chromium. They are probably testing some new shit.
>>
>>63338157
there's outlook/hotmail but it kind of sucks
>>
File: boi.png (170 KB, 1017x665)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
I'm trying to update bios on my dell laptop and i can't bypass this message. Anyone willing to help?
>>
what's the best vimperator replacement that works on new firefox versions?
>>
>>63338361
Vimium-FF is the best you're gonna get.
>>
back from the dead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.