[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1509823844795.png (10 KB, 160x160)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Search the web before asking here.

What's the best Soulseek client? Nicotine+ is shit and stalls after every single upload.
Also, how do I make VNC not shit? Any better cross-platform alternatives?
>>
>>63705097
SoulseekQt is the only one that works on Linux.
>>
im trying to narrow down a problem and i think my wireless network Adapter might be fucked

could that cause ping spikes?

cause ive tried everything else
>>
Normally I'd post a question like this in a retro thread but I don't see one active right now but maybe someone checking here can help me.

There's an old Mac SE for sale near me that's in great condition with accessories for cheap, but it's giving a Sad Mac and error codes on boot. The codes they provided pictures of are:

Which looking online tells me are the codes for "illegal instruction" and "zero divide.'

But I can't find a description of what might be causing those errors. If the thing needs a new HDD or battery or something relatively easy to fix I want to jump on it, but if it's a fucked up logic board or something I'll pass. Can anyone help me?
>>
What are /normie/ approved devices?
>>
File: 1483619947423.jpg (312 KB, 825x1232)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>63705097
X220 arrived today with battery and plug, but the plug is Chinese and won't work here (NA). Found a spare plug that fits, but it's labeled 7A 125V; Chinese one is 2.5A 250V. I know nothing about electrical charges, but I'm worried that using the 7A 125V can potentially be damaging to the machine. Am I wrong in thinking this? Does the only number that actually matter the one on the battery itself?
>>
File: come_on_now.png (112 KB, 636x438)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Is there a way to configure neofetch to use nvidia-smi instead of lspci when detecting my second GPU, or would it be easier to edit neofetch itself?
>>
Why do people write email addresses with an (at)?

Why not just use @? Are they retarded or is there a reason?
>>
File: eagle IIIer.jpg (84 KB, 500x500)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>63705758

You are retarded.
>>
>>63705801
Elaborate, I'm genuinely interested in to why they do this?
>>
File: 1484118680571.jpg (61 KB, 640x640)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>63705661
Would still appreciate input from other anons, but in case anyone else might have the same question, I may have found an answer from googling.

>I am aware of a post on here that addresses if a laptop AC Adapter supports American voltage (100-120 volts), European voltage (210-230 volts) or both. However, that is not my question. I have this cable
>My question is: Can I buy ANY 3 Prong cable such as this one:
>Plug it into my Lenovo 100-240V 1.8A 50-60Hz Input AC Adapter (see picture below) and use my charger like normally where there is an American plug even though the American cable is rated 7A 125V and not 2.5A 250V?

>Yes you can, the IEC 320 C5 plug is standardized exactly for this kind of use case. The manufacturer only has to produce a single type of power supply, but can provide different cords for different regions. I Myself I have cables with IEC 320 C5 connectors for continental Europe, US, South Africa and UK and experience no problems at all.
>>
File: me no understand.jpg (19 KB, 369x295)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
What should I do to prepare my laptop from drive failure? It's happening so much at this point that I know it's inevitable.

And yes I already backed up my important files.
>>
>>63705833
Most normalfags I know can't draw the at symbol. Simple as that.
>>
>>63705758
>>63705801
>>63705833
Just googed it myself, it's not as straightforward as people being retarded but more so that email scrapers have a harder time to find that mail and use it for spam.

Also fuck you and leave this thread dedicated for stupid questions
>>
How do I change my keyboard settings from UK to US so I can use a fucking hash key instead of this piece of shit ££££££££££.

I fucking hate windows 10.
>>
>>63705924
Don't worry I found it. Fuck microsoft and their bullshit os fucking retards have to reinvent the fucking wheel don't they.
>>
>>63705661
the wallplug part of the cable doesn't have the block. that cable is just rated for higher wattage than you need. It should be fine.
>>
File: 1495076597361.jpg (56 KB, 583x435)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
What are the odds that I can install Linux on my Asus laptop, and it'll just work? I.e. o won't have to worry about X% of the hardware not working. It has a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, as well as a web cam, but I don't care about the cam. It's getting to be a bit old, and sluggish, so I thought ditching win 10 in favor of Linux might be good for it. I only really use it for programming now a days.
>>
>>63706034
the newer the hardware, the less likely it is to be supported. the opposite is also true.
if installing debian or ubuntu(probably xubuntu in your case) makes things fuckey, you can try a more up to date distro like fedora or arch.
>>
>>63706034
Since it's getting old, pretty good.
>>
>>63705139
the only way to know for sure is to isolate each piece and test them against something that is known to work
if buying new hardware to test against is the only thing you have left, after maybe something like plugging your hard drive into a spare computer, then go ahead.
>>
>>63705891
you could have a full cloned drive ready to go, or just outright replace it now.
>>
>>63706085
>>63706081
By "getting old" I mean about two years, since that's what I've observed a typical laptop's lifespan to be. If Linux doesn't work out, would a factory reset be likely to give it the boost I'm looking for?
>>
File: 1390620275340.jpg (61 KB, 1205x881)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
I can't access anything google* on 4g
I get 200ms latency with ping and every 2nd ping drops
usually it's like 30ms pinging 8.8.8.8
[spoiler]I only get 4g and dialup at my place[/spoiler]
>>
if I successfully learn C, study memory management and go through SICP, will I learn what programming is?
>>
>>63706226
Maybe.
>>
>>63706226
no
you will learn what c is
>>
>>63705758
To prevent being enlisted into the bot net.
>>
I'm retarded and really don't understand anything at all about anything other than Windows. Any recommended guides for babby's first OS switch?
>>
>>63705736
It would be easier to edit neofetch conf to say whatever you want.
prin "Something" "something"
and # what you don't want.
# info title
>>
File: 1512233815486.jpg (122 KB, 720x960)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>63706244
*(@|\(at\))*
>>
A while back, I gave my parents the Maha C9000 charger and enough Eneloops for all their electronics. Now they bought these cheap ass Christmas lights and complain that those dim too quickly. I figured the Chinese didnt design for 1,2V. However, there only seems to be a single resistor limiting the current - I should be able to replace it with a lower value and the LEDs should run just fine, right?
>>
>>63706226
>sicp
my friend read sicp but as someone who already knows programming i didn't really find most of it interesting

what does solving made-up maths problems using lisp while reinventing every single builtin function even have to do with "computer programs"
>>
When GPU overclocking, will increasing voltage lead to more instability, or is it only core clock that affects stability? I've also read that running at higher voltages reduces the card's lifespan. Is that only because of the increased heat or are there other factors to worry about when doing that? Basically I want to know if maxing out my voltage in Afterburner will do anything other than increase heat and allow me more room to overclock my core clock.
>>
>>63706263
Oh. Ok, guess I'll just set gpu_type="integrated" and print the name manually.
What are those colors at the bottom, btw?
>>
I feel like my pc's performance have diminished as a whole and I suspect is because my gpu/cpu are underclocking themselves.
My pc was was having constant bsods and video driver crashes, but when it worked, the performance was good. Suddenly, it stopped crashing but the performance is way shitier.
How can I check this and how to fix it?
>>
I have an old Edimax EW-7438RPn V2 lying around. It's manual isn't very good, but I wondered if I could use the device as an access point. Anyone know?
>>
File: 1483086799065.gif (682 KB, 540x540)
682 KB
682 KB GIF
Is there a Windows thumbnailer that does more than one type of file?
I'd rather not install 3 different thumbnailers for webm, vtf, and dds files
>>
Does Windows (7 U) have a built-in audio tool with which to cut audio from video to a wav/mp3/whatever, or do I have to download a separate program? Which one would be lightweight, easy to use and otherwise not a nuisance to use?
>>
>>63706638
Try Audacity
>>
>>63705097
I have just got an account on a private tracker is there any way i can set transmission to seed torrent from a certain tracker to seed longer than the ones from public trackers?
>>
>>63706662
thanks
>>
>>63706455
referred to in man neofetch as color_blocks
>>
>>63706686
That's not really my question. Man and help don't properly explain what those colors are for.
Are they there just for lulz?
>>
>>63705736
nice censoring anon you should work in cyber security
>>
Is there a program I could use to get some sort of dropdown list or something for desktop shortcuts on Windows 10? I had some clutter of shortcuts on my desktop, so I arranged them into folders, but it's inconvenient to navigate them like that. It'd be nice if I could click or mouseover a shortcut and have a dropdown menu of different applications appear below it.
>>
>>63706754
idk, I'm a bit autistic about posting my personal info on 4chan.
>>
Catalyst ai on or off? Got a slow CPU btw
>>
File: 824.jpg (35 KB, 600x645)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>63706754
Fuck, I forgot about the title bar, Jesus I'm so retarded
>>
File: serveimage (6).png (17 KB, 384x384)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
So if I install MicroG on LineageOS it should let me use apps that usually require Play Services like Snapchat or Animal Crossing right? But does it also add extra bloat along with it? Because Idk if it's really worth installing for only 2 apps that need it if it's going to slow my system down in the process. Or is there some wait to not have it running all the time and only enable it manually when I need to?
>>
>>63706841
lol it's ok Marvin
>>
File: post-125-1257851053.jpg (97 KB, 553x668)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>63706940
Marvin is what I call my laptop.
>>
File: 1511488704756.jpg (17 KB, 348x348)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>63706736
colors are important system info.
>>
my sonarr installation cannot make backups on linux mint it says access to the directory is denied even though i am running the sonarr service as root anyone know how to fix this
>>
File: 1401114625596.png (40 KB, 163x169)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>63706996
oh
that kind of makes it worse anon...
>>
>>63706183
sure.
>>
>>63706922
yes to all, for the most part
you can whitelist the apps you want to have access to the internet with afwall from fdroid
>>
>>63706736
readability is important.
>>
test
>>
>>63707035
I can't reply to you with my answer for some reason
>>
>>63706484
Run benchmarks and check if your scores have gotten better or worse. Also install a specs analyzer such as HWMonitor and check if the clock speeds have decreased.

If you don't have any data from previous years then you're SOL.

>>63706996
Sure thing, Marvin.
>>
>>63707035
check dir permissions
>>
I just installed a new cpu (from AMD Phenom II X4 945 to FX 8350) and it seemed to work fine, but after a few minutes, the system freezes and the monitors, usb devices, and front panel power buttons stop working so I need to turn the power off with the psu switch.
What could be causing this? The cpu looks fine and is detected properly by the bios and windows.
>>
If I just want to connect a single room that's 1 floor and 1 whole other side of the house over how hard would it be to ethernet that? Would I just mostly involve fishing a really long cable between the floors somehow?
>>
>>63707118
damn, I really wanted to play animal crossing but it's not really worth it to install extra bloat on my phone. thanks for the help. also do you happen to know by any chance if you can use the snapprefs xposed module to use snapchat without google services?
>>
>>63707225
if all else fails you could try powerline adapters but I heard it gets a bit finnicky if you're floors above the router.
>>
>>63707258
Well powerline is probably a bad idea because of the issues with the wiring of my room I already run a UPS and it always reports electrical noise especially if I run my window a/c (not a problem in winter but still)
>>
>>63707235
the bloat isn't as much of a concern as the privacy violations, although you could rate your battery pre- and post-install to see for sure
no experience with xposed personally but if it says it does something it probably does
>>
File: qe62JvI.jpg (1.4 MB, 1600x1200)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>63707050
Well, it could be worse. I could've set the hostname to my anime waifu's name, the username could be "guardian_of_computronium" or something. The distro could be a Linux from Scratch, named "Fedora Linux" ... oh no wait that one's taken ... "Katana Linux" ? "Trenchcoat Linux" ?
And in the background there could be a kool haxxor wallpaper with a Guy Fawkes' mask.
>>
>>63707304
uhhh yeah I guess you're right
>>
I might be wrong, since I was a hiring manager in a different industry, but for those of you in the tech industry, let me ask you a question.

I'm back in school part time doing my degree in CS. My professionalism and ethics professor gave us an end of semester assignment where we build a website to hold our portfolio and resume. Already, I'm kind of weary because I do not want my resume to be just out in the open for others to grab, but I understand the idea behind the assignment and think it's generally a good thing to have students do.

However, it's the content of the website that is driving me crazy. The website should contain 6 separate sections. Each section is like a blog post. They consist of my opinions on the following topics:

> Ethical theories
> Intellectual Property Rights
> Privacy issues
> Government regulations and freedom of expression
> The Internet of Things

Now, I get that this is just a school assignment. I will surely be removing these pages once the assignment has been graded. But what's really driving me crazy here is that she is telling all of the students that having these "blog posts" are a very necessary part of a portfolio and that employers will be very pleased to be able to see our opinions on these topics.

Again, I may be wrong since I was a hiring manager in a different industry, but if an applicant had that sort of thing on their portfolio, I would be less than impressed. Why on Earth do I care about your opinion on these regulatory and philosophical topics? If anything, it sounds like the applicant thinks they have everything figured out and thinks that they're better than me. Do I really want to bring someone on board who has strong enough opinions on these topics that they may end up fighting back against management decisions or go about tattling on others when their behaviors don't conform to their ethical standards?

Or am I wrong? Do employers actually want to see my long-winded opinions on these things?
>>
>no experience with xposed personally but if it says it does something it probably does
yeah I mean the thing is I don't see anything saying whether or not it would work without google services, it's just supposed to add more features to snapchat so Idk if you still need the actual sc app for it to work or what.
>>
File: IMG_20171204_212931.jpg (1.88 MB, 1944x2592)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
Is this normal for a Thinkpad Charger?
Charing a T400.

This is charging while the laptop is off.
Ambient temperature 25°C.
>>
>>63707386
Also under load it hits 60°C/140°F.
>>
>>63707360
She is wrong.
Never once i was asked about any of those things in an interview.
The closer I got for a flat hierarchy startup like company (so a special snowflake company) that had a cultural interview, the most political we reached in that talk was discussing how education should be, and from an educative point of view, not social/political/economy point of view. I regret not working there tough(they have every kind of free food in the office, healthy and unhealthy! Maintaining my current meal plan would be easier) , they took a bit too much in responding(they closed the opening for last minute admin reasons and openned 2 months later and asked me to join them) I accepted another offer in the during that time....
>>
>>63707360
your professor probably never worked any other job in her life, straight out of university became a teacher. try online courses, udemy, coursera, you are probably wasting time in college with all your experience
>>
>>63707019
Meh. Nothing of importance.
Why were they even added?
>>
>>63707386
if it's like that all the time when the laptop battery is full, it may be a bad sign.
>>
>>63707218
it says that the user does not have permissions to access the directory i am running it as a system d service do i need to make a new user for that service or can i just run the service as the root somehow because it isn't working by running it with sudo
>>
>>63707445
>>63707451

Okay, that's what I thought. A few others in my class agree as well, but I feel for those who have no sort of experience outside of school and will actually listen to her.

It seems like a big problem at my school that all of the professors are very knowledgeable, but are completely out of touch with the real world. I guess I'm lucky that I've been out in the real world and can distinguish which parts are good and which are bad, but again, what about those who don't have any experience outside of school?

Man. I'd drop and just self-educate, but I'm only 18 hours away from the degree so I may as well just finish it. lol
>>
File: serveimage (8).jpg (29 KB, 300x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Is there some way to sync my tracked 4chan threads between a computer running GNU/Linux with 4chan X and an Android device with Clover? Also is there a way to sync images as well (this one is probably a little easier)
>>
>>63707402
>>63707386
don't know about the charging, but 60ºC is fine under load
>>
>>63707568
>>63707454
40°C while charging the battery.
Usually i dont connect it unless i have to.
>>
I connected my laptop to my TV. The picture quality is horrible. I can't even describe it, it's like every pixel has an outline. I am running it on its native resolution and it looks bad. No scaling on the TV, but it also looks bad with that.
The only way it looks acceptable is when I use something like 1366×768 and then let my TV scale it. Is this normal? Should I just accept that I have a shit TV?
>>
>>63707487
I dunno what path to whatever dir your talking about is but...
perhaps visudo you're secure_path
>>
>>63707646
depends how you connected the laptop hardware and software wise
i assume you used windows+p and a vga cable? vga might be the issue.
>>
>>63707703
sorry i don't know a lot about linux i tried making it a service myself so theres probably something really wrong with the service config.

https://pastebin.com/z41B1ge9

the user i gave it is my normal user and it can access and modify files in my external hard drive but it stores backups and config files in a directory in the etc folder this is what it can no longer access but it worked before i made it a service. Even running as sudo it still cannot access this directory
>>
>>63705097
How do I get pulseaudio to work on xubuntu?
>>
>>63707792
look at the archwiki page
>>
File: 1476160770308.png (122 KB, 400x288)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
How do I install linux program from github that has no launchpad link? Is there no other way than to build it myself?
>>
>>63707646
Look for Point by Point mode in your TV settings.
>>
>>63707833
What distro? Building from source is usually just one or two commands anyway
>>
>>63707856
mint
Don't you often need to install many libs just to build one program?
>>
>>63707901
they're often preinstalled, but it depends
building things yourself can be a pain on debian-based
>>
>>63707901
There's usually install instructions on the github page.
You need to install build-essential to compile + make
>>
>Making hash table from scratch with closed addressing
>Adding/removing stuff from it has turned into a series of if/else statements
Is this normal?
>>
>>63707770

Displayport to HDMI adapter and then into the TV.

>>63707849

Will do.
>>
how do i get rid of the activate windows watermark?
>>
>>63708029
activate windows
>>
do four 1TB drives use more energy than two 2TB drives?
>>
>>63708053
yes
>>
>>63708022
>>>/g/dpt
>>
>>63708029
Stop using windows
>>
>>63707956
>building things yourself can be a pain on debian-based
why is that?
>>
Found an old 570. There were some graphic artifacts during POST.
I want to try putting it into an oven.
Do I need to worry about soldering fume staying in the oven?
>>
>>63708029
remove WAT
or
windows loader
>>
>>63707183
I don't have any previous data, but in HWMonitor says that the minimum and maximum wattage on my video card is 0,950v. This is bad, right? I thought it was supposed to change a little bit, like its changing on my processor.
>>
>>63708197
Another thing, even after I ran a stress test on the gpu, HWMonitor says the maximum ammount of gpu utilization was 61%. Shouldn't it be anything closer to 100%?
>>
>>63708151
package names don't always line up with the repos
the path to actually install the compiled package is obtuse
it's just a general pain
>>
Why the fuck does it sometime say "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0" when I don't even have a single fucking USB 2 port
Noticed this the most, because used the most on the front USB panel of my Define Mini C, sometimes it works as 3.0, sometimes doesn't
Speed changes accordingly
>>
Mother asks for technical support

>Anon Help

What's up?

>The TV box is acting strange

What did you do

>Nothing, look

It says do not pull power, and the display displays 50%

>I reset the thing, and it keeps being on this screen

Why did you pull the power?

>I didn't

But you turned it off and on again

>I always do that when it stops working

Then you did exacly what the device explicitly asked you not to do

>No, I didn't. I did not pull the cable out

Sigh..

question: How do I deal with end users like this
>>
>>63708503
Mini probably functions as 3.0, and the notification only works on devices that are 3.0 compatible I imagine.
>>
>>63708535
Bear with it. She taught you how to use spoon.
>>
>>63708535
It's your mum, just deal with it.
>>
What is the most likely reason I can not get a single sign of life connecting my screens through VGA or DVI, and only HDMI works fine.
>>
>>63708535
>Padre says TV channels fucked up, instead of going 1,2,3 (incremental numbers) goes whatever the fuck it wants
What did you do
>Nothing
Where did you do nothing ?
>Somewhere
Well go somewhere and tell me what the options on bottom are
>...
Now press the blue button
>K works now
>>
>>63708557
Define Mini C is the case, not USB-C or USB mini or whatever
I've also seen this happen when I plugged it in the back of mobo, which has 6x3.1 gen1 (3.0 actually) USB ports, not a single USB 2.0 port in my PC at fucking all, not in front panel, not even in my keyboard USB hub or my monitor USB hub, fucking infuriating this shit happens and I notice that 50gb file transfer will take about a year on sub 20mb/s
>>
can you remove the tint from the meshify c glass?
>>
what's the 160 MHz wifi band and how do I use it?
>>
>>63707833
Check the dependencies in README, install what you don't have, then follow instructions in INSTALL. These two files are almost always present in github repositories.
>>
>>63708535
Your mother bore you from her vagina and gave you her breast to drink from, and this is how you repay her?
>>
Best powered usb 3.0 hub to buy? Needs 7+ports and is made wel.
>>
Is Mi Box worth its price? Its almost 2 times more expensive than the other cheap ass chink android boxes available in my country.
I am not very exigent, but i want it to be a smooth experience, no lack of responsiveness when moving through apps and shit. I feel those android boxes with only 1Gb RAM might not be responsive enough. Are my fears justified?
>>
I have a G502 and the right click is mushy. It's like there's some kind of adhesive under the button and it takes some time to return to default position. The retraction period gets longer the closer to the edge I click.

What could I do to fix this. Alcohol bath or something?
>>
how do I fix missing libraries problems?
>>
>>63709332
uh install them
>>
>>63709340
To google "lib.....so" doesnt find anything
package manager neither
>>
>>63709394
please tell me exactly what the error message is, or just take a screenshot and show us
>>
>>63709394
exclude those bits and any periods when searching repos
>>
I know K&R is a bit controversial, some people say its outdated or whatever.

would be a good idea to go through this "tutorial" instead of reading K&R? anyone experienced in C can tell me if the major topics it covers is good?

https://users.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave.Marshall/C/

here they are
>C Basics
>Conditionals
>Looping and Iteration
>Arrays and Strings
>Functions
>Further Data Types
>Pointers
>Dynamic Memory Allocation and Dynamic Structures
>Advanced Pointer Topics
>Low Level Operators and Bit Fields
>The C Preprocessor
>C, UNIX and Standard Libraries
>Integer Functions, Random Number, String Conversion, Searching and Sorting: <stdlib.h>
>Mathematics: <math.h>
>Input and Output (I/O):stdio.h
>String Handling: <string.h>
>File Access and Directory System Calls
>Time Functions
>Process Control: <stdlib.h>,<unistd.h>
>Interprocess Communication (IPC), Pipes
>IPC:Interrupts and Signals: <signal.h>
>IPC:Message Queues:<sys/msg.h>
>IPC:Semaphores
>IPC:Shared Memory
>IPC:Sockets
>Threads: Basic Theory and Libraries
>Further Threads Programming:Thread Attributes (POSIX)
>Further Threads Programming:Synchronization
>Remote Procedure Calls (RPC)
>Protocol Compiling and Lower Level RPC Programming
>Writing Larger Programs

there are exercises for each topic too
>>
Can someone please post their redshift.conf file here? Thanks.
>>
Anyone else feel the compulsion to stick a GPS tracker inside of your computer(s) in the tiny chance that it gets stolen?
>>
File: Screenshot(2).png (4 KB, 714x32)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>63709398
>>63709440
>>
i need some fucking help.
I'm not the best with computers and i think i fucked something up. I factory reset my laptop and it said that my windows is not genuine and has a black screen. My windows is genuine and ive been using it for ages. i went into command prompt and ran something and it made the error message go away in the bottem right corner, but i still get a popup when i start my computer that I may be a victim of software conterfeiting. How do i validate my windows
>>
>>63709628
>How do i validate my windows
Go to your favorite search engine and retype this
>>
>>63709628
Install gentoo
>>
File: ap_resize.php.jpg (75 KB, 728x546)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Ok, enlighten me on mobile phone repair.

Where do I even begin?
>>
>>63709667
see >>63709641
add your device into the search
>>
>>63709641
wow i am literally fucking retarded. holy shit this took me 45 minutes. I literally want to die
>>
>>63709685
My phone has started to reboot as soon as the cell phone logo screen disappears. I've been told it must be a software issue. Should I give it a try at reinstalling Android by myself, with no mobile phone repair experience?
>>
>>63709745
what phone is it, and did you buy it locked to a carrier or unlocked?
You usually can't just reinstall android as you would with a computer.
>>
anyone have experience with getting computer stuff shipped to them?

my laptop got shipped from malaysia a week ago, but no update on the tracking since then.
how long does US customs take to move a package through?
>>
>>63709761
shit from asia takes a couple weeks
>>
>>63709582
oh, libc is the package
>>
>>63709759
It's unlocked. It's currently at a repair shop, but the guys there tell me it's a complicated model to repair since it's old (LG Optimus L4).
>>
how do I blacklist the last one from pic related?
it's fucking up my audio and i need to keep the other ones
>>
File: 4L_zcYM6HK6.jpg (57 KB, 418x423)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
How do you say IaaS?

I’ve heard people say “sass” and “pass” but never “I ass” or “yass”.
>>
whats wrong with this code? its in c.

printf("Enter file name/path: ");
gets(name);

fptr = fopen("name", "r");
if (fptr == NULL)
{
printf("Cannot open file \n");
return 0;
}
>>
>>63709853
sass and pass are different things
>>
How do I stream m3u8 video on android? MX player and VLC can't seem to play it.
>>
>>63709761
You're going to have to be patient, bud. I sent a package from Europe to America once and it took 3 weeks.
I also had difficulties with the tracking while it went overseas, so there was a period of 1-2 weeks where the tracking didn't get updated.
>>
>>63705097
I need some hardware knowledge here. What exactly senses touch input on smartphones? My old galaxy s5 has a dead screen, but the glass and everything else is in tact. I just want to know if it can function with a simple HDMI cable or if I need a full on dock to get data off of it
>>
>>63709865
what error does it show when compiled?
>>
File: picture186.jpg (32 KB, 598x456)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>63709865
It won't compile because it's not in a main function (the entry point for a C program) and you never declared name or fptr. You only return 0; if fptr == NULL, but otherwise you never return anything. The file that you open with fopen is literally "name", not the content of the variable name (note the quotation marks). That's all i see right now. I'm not a C programmer though
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (18 KB, 400x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
If I wanted to set up my.he.server as a tracker, why shouldn't i? Why shouldn't anyone? I know torrents are legal gray, but let's say I rip all my DVDs make torrents as my own personal back ups which is legal, but leave the site open, and other people use it without permission. Would I get v&?
>>
>>63709820
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
>>
How can I learn to use Docker and Ansible without a server? Is there even any point trying to learn these things outside of a job?
>>
>>63709793
because of going through customs? because im sure it got sent over on a plane.
>>63709968
yeah thats why im so antsy over this, Dell said it would be delivered by Dec 12th, but doing reasearch i learned that was just so they could say they hit 99% of their delivery dates.

im so excited for this new laptop. my current one cant load anything up unless its displayed. tablet cpu. it was only 250 bucks 4 years ago though
>>
>>63705097
Is this really a good resource to start trying to teach myself C, or is it just popular since it was one of the first?
>>
>>63710002
no errors, but when i enter the file name. im guessing the pointer returns as null since it fails the test.

the file i want to open is in the same directory as the exe too, and i even typed in the full path once

>>63710004
its in main, sorry i only posted a snippet.

how do i make it so it opens the contents of the array, and not just the array?
>>
why can't bitcoin just hash all the previous transactions every X months or so and have me download that hash of all of history?

Why do I have to download every transaction since 2009?
>>
>Looking at laptops for general dev'ing on the go
>Thinkpad 13's fans would start prep for fucking takeoff whenever something as intensive as Chrome was open
>Had backlight bleed
>Looking at Dell XPS 13
>£1000+
Is it worth it for the investment? I want something that will last me but also something that doesn't have drawbacks like the Thinkpad seemed to.
What other decent 13" laptops are around?
>>
>>63710102
>>63709865
I just noticed the variable "name" is surrounded by
" "
try printf("Cannot open file \n %s " , &name ) to see if the variable is well sent
>>
>>63710202
yep.

the file i want to open is Sample4.wol
and after it says cannot open file it prints exactly that.

and for full disclosure. here are the declarations for name and fptr
char name[200];
FILE *fptr;

im looking at a stackoverflow on this same exact problem and while our code looks different. it does the same thing essentially.
im a novice in programming, but is it looked down upon to lift code from stackoverflow and pretend its yours? im tempted to try it now since ive spent a few hours trying to figure out this minor problem
>>
>>63710167
so you cannot re-use bitcoins you already spent in 2009.
if it's just a hash of 8 years worth of history, you couldn't compare it to an individual transaction
>>
>>63710276
>is it looked down upon to lift code from stackoverflow and pretend its yours?
If it is code that does some really, really basic thing like opening a file, then it's 100% acceptable to copy it, because the stackoverflow answer is probably the standard way of doing it anyway.
>>
>>63710289
aight

figuring out a practical way to avoid carrying around the entire history would be the killer app for blockchain
>>
>>63710276
what do you use to compile? is the file you want to open in the same directory the program is executed?
>>
>>63710059
see

>>63709504

I'm on the same boat. K&R is famous because it was written by the creators of C language, but I don't know if it still is the best source to learn it. A guy that does OS programming with C (so he knows his C pretty well) recommended this source to learn C, but he also recommended K&R, so I don't know which to use as main source.

anyone?
>>
>>63710352
dev-c++ school recommended

yeah its in the same directory.
does my code look like it should work otherwise?
>>
>>63710451
the code you posted works, something else is wrong. mabye post your whole code
>>
>>63709323
Sometimes it also gets stuck, and it's been less than a year. Or just a bit over a year.

Anyone know how to deal with mushy right clicks?
>>
>>63710276
I think you are just sending "name" to fopen
Try
fptr = fopen(name, "r");
>>
>>63705097
monitor has no speakers
im connecting to my computer through hdmi
between computer and monitor is an audio extractor that pretty much works with everything else, but, maybe it's windows or maybe it's nvidia, I can't select audio to go through that hdmi out even though I want the audio to get hijacked by my extractor
please advise, I'll take even the most hacky method that doesn't need me to buy more shit or implement more hardware as long as it is reliable
>>
>>63710504
alright heres a pastebin. https://pastebin.com/7nh2CLTp

if you know what karel the robot is, this program is meant to read a world file and then tell you what the world looks like in plain english (theres a wall north of 5th street rth avenue)
>>
>>63710520
you beautiful man it worked! thanks
>>
Can a hacker access my torrents and/or computer if I have Web Ui enabled and connected through a VPN?
My computer shut down for no reason. Spooky af brah.
>>
>>63710561
my guess is that there has to be an audio device on the other end for audio to be even transmitted
>>
>>63710588
>>63710004
>The file that you open with fopen is literally "name", not the content of the variable name (note the quotation marks).
>>
>>63710588
why did you ignore the other anon that pointed that out 30 minutes ago?
the absolute state of c developers.
>>
Compton isn't fixing my screen tearing. I'm on CloverOS and my wm is i3. Any ideas?
>>
>>63710617
im a dummy that didnt see the " " in it.
i thought he just said to print out name to see if i was typing in the filename correctly

>>63710202
sorry you were right all along. i cant read
>>
My monitor has inbuilt speakers but I always use my headset for audio. However when watching porn in private browser (firefox) the plugin container which runs flash seems to output audio to the monitor and not the headset, it never did this before the 57 update and I cannot for the life of figure out how to fix this
>>
>>63710618
Stop using a meme OS?
>>
>>63710688
why dont you just disable your monitor speakers
>>
>>63710705
But it's actually pretty good. I turned it into regular gentoo anyways.
>>
File: 1473099857937.jpg (34 KB, 300x334)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Anybody know a linux package that tracks the time applications have been open, both current session and all time?
>>
File: android_logo_PNG25.png (9 KB, 249x300)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Got a free (shitty) Android tablet. I'm new to the OS. Are there any apps or websites that provide me with free downloads of cracked/free "paid" games, and DLC?
>>
>>63705097
HOW THE FUCK DO I ADD ACCOUNTS/CALENDARS TO ETAR? I somehow managed to get it mostly working on my old phone but with a new device it litetally only show ONE calendar. Fucking driving me nuts, I don't want to have to use gcal but Etar in no way whatsoever tells you how to set it up.
Gapps: 1
FOSS: 0
>>
File: 1512371442092.png (110 KB, 657x539)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
I have a thinkpad without a hard drive, and a 128 GB thumbdrive with ubuntu on it, It doesnt save changes when I reboot. What can I do to use the 128GB as a regular hard drive that I can make changes to.
>>
>>63710871
time
>>
>>63710884
First see if you can root it
you need to enable third party sources in developer options
then just look for .apk files of the app you want.
Keep in mind if you get it off a sketchy site it might have some malware, make sure to pay attention to permissions on install
>>
>>63710937
Make a new partition on the thumbdrive so you can save stuff on there
>>
I have a question about x11 forwarding on a server.

I have an old desktop that I installed ubuntu on that I'm messing around with, using it as a server.

I have mobaxterm installed on my laptop and I can SSH into the machine just fine. I try to open a gui text editor gedit and I get some warnings.

(gedit:20684): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: Could not connect: Connection refused

Also I can't change any settings in gedit. When I try, I get the same message and nothing changes.

I googled the warning, but I get links to a bunch of people with similar but different warnings
>>
>>63710603
>>63710561
I test with my sibling's machine with AMD video card and it works, no excuse
>>
How often do micro usb to HDMI adapters work?
>>
>>63709871
I realize. I’ve only ever heard those two spoken aloud. Everyone always says the full name for iaas.
>>
What is the best Chrome / Chromebook performance booster?
>>
>>63711198
Buying better hardware
>>
File: 4XTFNGL.png (10 KB, 370x320)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Just formatted my Windows PC, and want to do the "watch videos" thing right. Which player should I download that doesn't require Linux-tier setups? I just want to double click and have it play my shit with subtitles. Also, which codec pack or whatever else I might need?
>>
File: 1492347036803.gif (1.86 MB, 300x164)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>63711205
>>
>>63711206
mpc-hc
>>
>>63710942
brb drinking bleach
>>
>>63711206
Vlc
>>
>>63709882
Please respond
>>
has this site been slow as fuck for anyone else the last few days or just me
>>
What should I do if my real cat hates my robot cat?
>>
what's the average temperature a laptop should sit at while idle?
>>
>>63711535
Depends on your ambient temperature in your house
>>
started noticing ads on twitch videos even with ublock is this a new thing? Thought ads would be blocked but now I always see one at the start of a stream
>>
>>63711561
Update your lists
>>
>>63711205
>spending on expensive hardware for a browser machine
Now be serious
>>
File: 1420312790540-0.jpg (122 KB, 768x1024)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
I have a decade old full ATX board with a x4 965 BE CPU in it and a 6870 GPU, would it be worth it to get a drive, case and PSU to make this into a random loonix PC ? What could I use it for?

I feel bad having these parts around gathering dust. Literally.
>>
>>63711616
So you buy shit hardware and want to know how to make it perform better? There isnt a magic button or a program that just "makes it run better". Your only option is buying better hardware
>>
i just stupidly downloaded a torrent and pressed install. ended up getting a virus that keeps installing 1000 instances of bing and shit like that. wtf should i do?
>>
>>63711648
Safest thing is to just reinstall fresh and start over. If you want you can try a system restore though and 90% of the time you'll be fine since it's kind of hard to tamper with restore points (but not impossible I don't think)
>>
>>63711535
on 23ºC which is considered the neutral temperature, it should be 40~60ºC. More than this while idle is a bit worrying
>>
>>63711648
that shit is pure cancer, you literally can't get rid of it. Since you are re-installing, install a man's OS and don't worry about shit like that anymore.
>>
File: 1454877570446.jpg (1.13 MB, 1200x1600)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
What happened to chiru.no? I'm unable to access it since yesterday.
>>
How much can i sell a 50 inch plasma for ?
>>
Firstly I'm straight and male and recently I've been getting advertisements for HIV prevention pill and such. How do I delete this bullshit ads.
>>
>>63711770
they're based on your browsing history
>>
>>63711702
>>63711650
i'm trying to boot into ubuntu on my usb but it's not showing up in the list anymore, it did earlier

is it possible that the virus disabled my ports?
>>
File: 1439877233301.gif (12 KB, 250x242)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
I'm trying to write my own filter/pinner for 4chan based on thread content, but fetching json for all 150 threads takes over 10 seconds. How do other catalogs do it so efficiently?

>>63711770
sounds pretty gay desu
>>
>>63705097
>Also, how do I make VNC not shit? Any better cross-platform alternatives?
RDP for connecting to Windows
x2go for Linux

TigerVNC is the best VNC implementation imho
>>
>>63705097
>Also, how do I make VNC not shit? Any better cross-platform alternatives?
Remmina
>>
>>63711803
Doubt it could do that, just check in bios worst case you could always unplug the hard drive windows is on temporarily
>>
I have a defunct boot option called "ubuntu". I used dban and then installed Windows so I dont understand how it's there.

And because of this option I can no longer boot from USB. What should I do?

(Trying to install ubuntu after i got a virus in windows)
>>
>>63711971
I've had a lot of problems with ubuntu bootloader in UEFI (in my case adding a lot of duplicate entries) and in most cases the easiest way to reset everything and let it fix itself is to disconnect every drive/USB/whatever and boot into BIOS, should cause it to clear that shit out and next time have an easier time finding the proper stuff
>>
guys what's the most powerful CPU for libreboot?
im not too gud in computers can someone give me top botnet-free setup please?
>>
>>63711971
I don't understand, surely if you make the stick the only available boot device it will boot from it
>>
>>63711971
>>63712048
Thanks alot lads. I disabled the defunct "ubuntu" boot option and then i was able to boot to my usb. I never had a reason to do shit like this before

Now i can finally sleep
>>
On Linux is it possible to seed directly onto a Google drive mount?
>>
Will Lineage OS 14.1 work alright with my smartphone that has Android 5.1? Or should I update the Android to the latest version?
>>
File: 1468899287389.gif (1.99 MB, 420x315)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
The other night I turned off one of my monitors so I could fall asleep to a movie. When I came back to it tonight, my display port monitor refuses to receive a connection. I've tested the monitor with an hdmi cord and it works, but not with the DP cord. Ive tested this with another DP cord and it still does not work. I've noticed that if I connect another monitor with a HDMI cord, then the first hdmi monitor will do the same thing. What I think is happening is that the monitor that can hold the display is somehow holding all of the signals hostage, but I don't know how to go forward. Anyone have any ideas that I can do? I'm really one step away from just wiping windows.
>>
File: 1510432040293.jpg (30 KB, 334x372)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>63705097
I have a bunch of online quizzes for my college courses that are incredibly tedious and that I'm burned out on because the semester's almost over. Many of the answers are a bitch to find in the book, but for some reason are all just easily listed on Quizlet by Gooling the question.

Should I feel bad about using Quizlet for getting these online quizzes out of the way quickly? They're for filler electives too, not my major.
>>
>>63712434
>They're for filler electives
Do whatever the fuck you want
>>
Let's say you are in line to buy something and have two options:

A) You get the thing for $100
B) You get the same thing for $100 and the next guy in line (a stranger who you have no reason to think you will ever see again) gets a $50 discount

Which would you rather choose?

Would it be different if you were buying online and couldn't see the person getting the discount?
>>
Are Kobo e-readers the only ones that support epub format?

Or are there other e-readers that are pretty open to formats?
>>
>>63712555
Pretty sure Nook also accept epub
>>
>>63712434
I was the student who cared about
>learning
If you gotta ask, just go for the effort:grade ratio. It's not like those instructors are going to help you in your field right?
>>
>>63712555
>>63712568
Though I should say that format is probably one of your least important concerns when buying an e-reader. Converting between all the major formats (besides PDF) is pretty much lossless and trivial using Calibre. (Well, probably other programs for it but it's what I use and I find it good.) Better to focus on other features you're interested in.
>>
>>63712547

Are you asking this question for a survey for a feature or something?

Anyway, probably B. My reasoning is that if the program becomes popular, I may benefit from the same deal later that the stranger received if I shop at the store. And it does something nice for the stranger I suppose.

There's no reason for me choose option A if I understand your question properly.
>>
>>63711046
any help please?
>>
brokefag here.
I can get a Lenovo Thinkcentre for like $100 (cheaper than buying cpu + mobo in my country's version of craigslist)
My CPU is too old and the i5 it comes with would be a great improvement
My questions are:
Is it viable to buy it for its parts?(it works fine)
Is it actually that CPU and not some shitty under-powered version (like a laptop)?
Do these computers come with their own motherboard size/shape that's unusable in my chassis and/or other proprietary things to look out for?
>>
>>63712585

My main concern is if I can just straight up put in my own books that I got online regardless of the source and have the e-reader support it.

I've heard Nook and Kindle are closed gardens, so I'm worried that it just won't accept the books I've have and forces me to use their market or whatever.

And yeah, I get that it's pretty easy to covert but I just like to get one step out of the way. It's not that big of a deal I suppose.
>>
if you find a drive or some other storage somewhere, how do you check what's on it without risking whatever malware's on it fucking you in the ass?
>>
>>63712623
>I've heard Nook and Kindle are closed gardens, so I'm worried that it just won't accept the books I've have and forces me to use their market or whatever.

False. Nook, Kindle, and Kobo are all pretty easy to sideload into and you can just drag and drop w/e. The only issue is format limitations but that's mostly just Kindle preferring their own format (though I think they can take EPUB nowadays too but with reduced functionality)
>>
File: into the trash.png (183 KB, 569x535)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>63712602
>can't google
>provide no info about your pc
>>
File: CYJTQkxUEAEWaO4.jpg (127 KB, 600x901)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Is this dock a meme, or do they work?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292154222697
>>
>>63712706
yea it should work
>>
>>63712706
>>63712720
but buy a cheapshit mhl and otg cable instead for like 2$ if you don't need the card reader, they work just as fine
>>
>>63712678
>Disconnect all other hard drives
>Disconnect any network cards as well
>Start the PC from a linux image on a USB stick
There's still a possibility that it somehow fries you components, but that would be incredibly rare thing. Also the USB stick might get infected as well but you can toss it into a bin after use.
>>
File: HbyRmXVaJKM.jpg (38 KB, 390x495)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
How do I highlight a /tpg/ thread with 4chan x? /tpg/highlight; does not work.. sry i have 80 iq
>>
>>63712730
I need an HDMI port and a full size usb port
>>
>>63712744
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=otg&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=otg&_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmhl.TRS0&_nkw=mhl&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MHL-Micro-USB-to-HDMI-1080P-HD-Cable-Adapter-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Note-3/191812633031?epid=2107944515&hash=item2ca8ec81c7:g:PiEAAOSwSHZWfK0K

or if you want a male hdmi
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MHL-Micro-USB-to-HDMI-1080P-HD-Cable-Adapter-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Note-3/191812633031?epid=2107944515&hash=item2ca8ec81c7:g:PiEAAOSwSHZWfK0K
>>
does anyone have any experience with using usb extension cords and bluetooth adapters?
here's the idea:
I want to get a bluetooth adapter for my computer so I can play games on my tv in my living room
I'm afraid that my computer is outside the range most adapters have (it's about 25ft; I know that many adapters claim to have 30ft range, but I'm concerned about losing connection at that distance)
so I was considering buying a usb extension cord using that from my computer, down through my basement, back to my entertainment center, and connecting the bluetooth adapter to it
has anyone tried this or something like it, and if so what kind of success have you had?
what should I consider when picking out cords and adapters?
>>
>>63712828
how long would it be?
if it's like 10m i'd try to nigger-rig something with an usb hub, but if it's longer just get an active cable, those are good for 30m
>>
so I have a bunch of variables and their images and i wanna determine the function between the variable x and the image y using the data i have. Any easy way. The function is not linear
>>
File: DSC00300.jpg (163 KB, 1024x768)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Is there anywhere that sells individual scroll wheels that I could add to the gap in my game keypad, or is the only way to add a scroll wheel to tear apart and Frankenstein a mouse onto it?
>>
This might not be the best place to ask this but I'm not sure where else I could.

I have to write a 1-2 page paper comparing Alpha Go Fan and Alpha Go Zero.

I don't need help with the actual material but i only know how to structure argumentative papers. Do I still need a thesis? if so how can I have a thesis with no argument?

Should I try to make an argument?

This isn't for a course, a professor just wants to know my power level to see if i am eligible for undergrad research.

Here are the papers in question

www airesearch com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/deepmind-mastering-go pdf

www nature com/articles/nature24270 pdf
>>
File: Untitled.png (45 KB, 1202x748)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
So I'm running pic related and whenever I play a video on my secondary screen while running a game on my primary screen, my FPS take a dump and everything is choppy. This only happens when I have a game running on windowed fullscreen mode (yes I have G-sync enabled for fullscreen and windowed fullscreen).

I've tried:
* Setting scaling on each monitor to GPU
* Disabled Fast Boot
* Enabled high performance mode on Nvidia control panel
* Clean driver install

I'd run the game on fullscreen but then my calibrated color settings won't take effect. Anyone ever experience this issue and know how to fix it?
>>
Are learning resources such as freeCodeCamp and The Odin Project memes if I want to learn programming well enough to land a job?
>>
>>63712877
it would be about 15m to feed it through my basement
thanks for the reply
>>
>>63712947
A thesis doesn't imply an argument. It could easily be "the difference between these two is X, Y, and Z".

Also, this probably isn't the place for this question, I would say it would be /lit/ but they're all pretentious cunts
>>
what's the math needed to do/read SICP? full calculus 1 "course" from Paul's Online Math Notes would be enough?
>>
>>63712997
You could probably read it without much but a discrete math textbook would help.
>>
>>63712690

Ah ok, that's good. Was worried about some stupid bullshit or something.

Guess I can just compare their other merits and go from there, thanks.
>>
searched the web for a few minutes before posting.

in c, how do you printf a structure?

this is how im doing it.
printf("i am at %d street, %d avenue", me.street me.avenue);

i defined the struct as
struct karel {
int street;
int avenue; }
main()
struct me me;
>>
>record chaturbate streams
>sometimes it works fine
>sometimes it's a laggy, freezing and stopping, choppy piece of shit

I've tried upping buffer rates but that doesn't seem to do it, is there anything on my end I can do or what?
>>
I’m having stuttering and lag problems with Autodesk Maya.

I’m studying Digital Animation and working on a simple model.
These are my specs.
R7 1700 @3.6
2x8GB DDR4 @2666
4GB RX570
Any ideas why this could be happening?
My ram is only at 8Gb utilization and CPU and GPU are under 10% utilization.

The stuttering happens when I do anything like selecting a vertex
>>
It's been a long time since I've built a computer without a discrete graphics card.
Do motherboard graphics outputs rely on the CPU for their graphics rather than a chip on the motherboard itself? Like, if I don't use an APU, the motherboard's graphics outputs won't work?
>>
>>63712894
any help lads
>>
>>63713073
Can you post a more cohesive version of your code and use the
[/code for formatting
>>
>>63712819
Kek, I need to use a mouse while it's hooked up to a tv
>>
If something says it uses MicroSD cards, would a MicroSDHC work?
>>
>>63713139
not sure that would work on the hub either to be desu
get a bluetooth mouse maybe
>>
>>63713134
i can pastebin the whole thing.
https://pastebin.com/S3hqqdFJ

i dont want to clutter this place up.

my issues are at the bottom

if you want to know what this is for. its going to translate karel the robot world files into plain english
>>
>>63713162
Screens broke :(
>>
>>63711206
mpc be
>>
File: 1512308814626.jpg (541 KB, 1080x1920)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
I'm setting up a server and I have no idea how I'm supposed to connect this slim 23 pin adapter to the fat motherboard 23 pin male insert. Is there an adapter cable I can get somewhere for this? It's for the front panel of the server rack btw.
>>
>>63712735
>USB stick might get infected as well
Can't you just format it after use?
>>
>>63713385
Yes, but there is a theoretical possibility that it'll infect the PC you're formatting it with.
>>
>>63713296
do you even need the hdmi or you're just trying to access your phone?
have you tried connecting to a PC with ADB?
>>
>>63713174
success. im a dumbass who forgot to use commas to separate the members, and i found those stray double quotes
>>
>>63712702
I googled and it's all shit answers
also why would anything I asked require info about my pc?
>>
>>63713481
because we all know you plan to steal one from school and want to know if you can put its parts into your chassis
>>
First time builder here. I have a 6+2 to 8 pin cable that I'm using to connect my gpu to my psu. Both ports are 8-pin slots. Does it matter which end goes where?
>>
Is igggames a botnet?
>>
How do I alter the ui of Mac? Why can't I just change the dock to a start menu like in Linux, this seriously pisses me off. I asked this question on a mac forum and they thought I was trolling, why is macOS so fucking hard and tedious to change the ui
>>
File: 1511390407693.jpg (105 KB, 450x338)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
I'm on linux.
Is there a way to check the time a file has been opened in the last 3-4 days?
or
Is there a way to check what files has been opened with mpv with date and time?
>>
I want to play final fantasy x on my laptop but sometimes I'm in bed (I have a tablet stand that I can watch things while in bed).

Is there a way to just like stream the screen of my laptop but have it on the tablet?

Small delay is fine since it's turn based.
>>
How do I fuck over or fuck with people who tapped my phone?
>>
>>63713909
If your filesystem is mounted with atime or relatime options, `stat` the file to check its access time

>>63713692
the 6+2 is for ye gpu

>>63713883
don't mess with the design, your mac will explode
>>
What's a good printing software program? I need something that can resize images to some print paper that isn't standard, it's 5.5 by 7.5 inch.
>>
>>63713974
Stat only shows the last access time, it's there a parameter to show more than the last access time?
>>
>>63714026
nope.

>>63713952
Depends, who tapped your phone?

>>63713155
plug and pray
>>
Is it against the law to publicly share Steam keys for games I get in bundles that I don't want or already have?
>>
File: 1508851328618.jpg (24 KB, 505x431)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>63705097
>be browsing a /gif/ thread in private browsing mode
>exit it once fap session is over
>open it again next session
>it automatically scrolls to where I left off once the page loads
What exactly is it that makes my browser remember the position I was at on the page regardless of whether I'm in private or regular browsing mode? Is this a 4chan X feature or something?
>>
File: 1389215424202.jpg (42 KB, 600x347)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
How did the FBI find Silk Road's server?
>>
>>63714059
compromised OPSEC.
>>
>>63714064
eggsplain
>>
File: good temps.png (12 KB, 495x147)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Are the temperatures in pic related good for an old Ivy Bridge Celeron that's never had its thermal paste replaced, sitting at idle?
The processor is from early 2013.
>>
>>63713588
well can I?
>>
>>63712894
>>63713123
The variables and images are numbers ?
>the function
There are many functions that pass through all your points, are you looking for one in particular ? from the problem do you now anything on the form of the function ?

Explain the problem and what you want to with your function afterward.
>>
File: DIDpkj7VoAA8O1e.jpg (168 KB, 1024x768)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
assembly retard - i understand a lot of the instructions / movement etc so far but things like this stump me since im still learning.
i put a photo into radare to get random assembly to look at and:

mov eax, 0x9c3866b9
mov bh 0x99

1. is it just moving pointing eax to 0x9c3866b9?
2. what is 99, i thought it was a hex value that didnt really equate to anything but wouldn't it be 99h.

idunno help
>>
So I play R6 sige. an Anon told me recantly that vsync adds around a 16ms delay in input so i have been playing with vsync off now. i'm getting around 150FPS but now i seem to be playing much worse.
So I tried looking into vsynce and i keep finding tons of conflicing info on it.
So I guess my tl;dr question is... if i can get FPS well over my displays refresh rate will vsync cause any delay if i use it to cap the fps at my displays rate? or does it -always- cause input delay no matter what.
>>
>>63714330
yes vsync sucks
>>
>>63714341
So then even if it's only used to cap high FPS then it causes delay? Thanks Anon. I'm guess i'm just having to get used to play with a lower delay.
>>
>>63714069
Been a while but I think the guy was not careful enough about keeping his shit from being linked to other forums and accounts and stuff so it eventually got tracked back to him from those places. Idk I never read that much into it at the time
>>
how do I set a password for my shared folders if my laptop/user account doesn't have a password.

All the guides online say the shared folder password will be "your password that you use to login when you restart your computer" but I don't have a password for that.
>>
I have a relatively small list of distinct integers (let's say 100 max), and I want to check if a certain integer exists in the list every once in awhile. I can loop through the whole list looking for it, or I can turn that list into a hash table, which would allow for quicker lookups but has more overhead

From a practical standpoint, which one should I be doing?
>>
>>63714404
Yeah that's how the feds first linked his real name to the DPR alias, because he'd used his personal email while shilling the website in its early days. But how the feds actually located the physical server in Iceland is another matter.
>>
File: 1503619007357.jpg (57 KB, 408x439)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>put all my music on my phone locally
>it all shows in apps like foobar and ES file explorer
>set a song as ringtone
>plug into PC via USB to add some new music I downloaded
>only file that shows in music folder with explorer is the one I have as my ringtone
Why is this happening? I can't even put any other files into it. Every other folder seems to work fine except for this one.
>>
Half rant, half question
My Geforce Experience only seems to properly work like 1 out of 10 times I open it
Most times, I open it and I just get a blank window. The border is there, but the content of the window is just black and there's nothing.
I've used driver uninstaller to uninstall everything nvidia related then reinstall it but that doesn't seem to do anything.
Anyone else have this issue?
>>
>>63706210
hit a data cap?
>>
Let’s say I got ip banned from an irc chat room. I know I could bypass the ban through a VPN but would the mods there know I’m using a VPN?
>>
>>63708028
could be a really shitty adapter
I used the cheapest mDP to HDMI when I had my Surface Pro 3 to connect it to my TV and it was terrible but a straight mDP to HDMI cable was better.
If I used the HDMI cable on a laptop with a HDMI port, it was fine so it wasn't the HDMI cable.

>>63708053
yes but it will be like $0.05 more a year
>>
>>63714418
Hashtable but try to use one that has nice API and doesn't turn your code into a mess.

>>63714451
Everyone in the room will be able to see your hostname. Whether it raises alarms or not depends on which hostname your VPN gets.
>>
>>63705097
What textbooks do you guys recommend using for learning C++? I've been using some shit called "programming in c++ by Timothy b. Dorazio" it's shit. Online stuff tends to be much more clear, so this textbook is giving me a headache
>>
>>63714435
Don't use ES it's literally Chinese botnet, it used to be good till it was bought out by a Chinese company
>>
>>63714484
Then what am I supposed to use?
>>
I want to plug my old crt into my new gpu because oxymoron, I just want 640x480@120hz and 800x600@100, 1024x768@85 isn't necessary but it would be good.
is this thing enough for that?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DisplayPort-to-VGA-Adapter/dp/B01CUPAG3S/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512547773&sr=1-5&keywords=DisplayPort+VGA
>>
>>63709761
>>63710028
Don't worry too much, just be patient. I custom ordered my T470 and it was sent from China to the UK. It spend as much time darting around Europe as it did being made in China. As long as you've ordered from your countries official store for Dell (or an EU Dell store if you live in the EU) there won't be any customs issues because Dell and the courier will pre-clear it so all it needs is a scan in at the airport and it will tell the worker that it doesn't need to be put in the "customs inspection" pile.

I had a watch that fortunately missed customs despite being over the limit by quite a bit come from Singapore to the UK. I spend the whole day on the day it was supposed to arrive waiting for it and when it got to 5pm with no tracking update other than "loading into vehicle for delivery" or something like that, I phoned up DHL and they simply said that the van broke down, there's only two vans that come to my area a day, and the other one already left. Obviously not ideal, but they owned up to it (or at least made a believable lie) and it arrived at 9AM the next morning.
>>
>>63714513
Amaze seems to be a goof file manager that is /g/-approved, but I'm not an expert on these.
>>
>>63711766
that's like asking "how much can I sell my two door red car for"
maybe type the model number in on ebay, craigslist, or a local equivalent and see what the same model has sold for
>>
>>63712400
if you're doing a clean install you could have it on 1.1 and it would be fine
>>
>>63712944
you could try Alibaba but even then I think it's going to be impossible
>>
>>63714473
C++ The Complete Reference by Schildt
>>
>>63714608
Thanks, most textbooks seem to have way too much filler
>>
>>63714325
>Believing anyone on /g/ actually knows assembly
>>
>>63714728
I had to take some to get my degree. Though I never really touched it again after graduating
>>
>>63714325
>insert junk
>attempt to find meaning
i dunno, what did you expect?
>>
File: indystar.png (65 KB, 449x541)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>63714828
ok i used a 32 bit hello world and got:

imul ebp, dword [rsi + 0x74], 0x20202020

i understand most of this but 0x20202020 means nothing to me i'm not understanding if it's passing a hex (which would be 4 spaces?) / referring to an address (i'm positive it's not) / an opcode?
like i said assembly retard - ruled everything out what do
>>
>>63714941
Are you even reading the documentation? imul can take an immediate double word. I don't even know x86, this is 5 seconds of Google
>>
>>63715068
i know what imul does i'm having trouble understanding why 0x20202020. 4 space values?
>>
>>63715153
>4 space values
that's totally wrong
>>
>>63715211
yeah i don't know assembly dude i'm learning. the hex value of x20 would be printed out as a space i'm ruling it out as being a hex value in this case because it is incorrect / doesn't make sense. this is a stupid questions thread i'm asking a 'stupid' question so you self sucking doesn't really benefit anyone
>>
"hostname -I" returns two IP addresses on my machine wtf is going on?
>>
>>63715254
Put away the ascii chart. 0x20202020 is the number 0x20202020.
>>
>>63707646
>>63707849
>>63714468

Solved it. Turns out there's an additional setting in the TV as that person suggested.
In case anyone stumbles upon this, check your TV's settings and look for picture related stuff. I had to turn on "Computer mode" on mine.
>>
Is there a way to make Win 10 PC load faster (HDD) after power loss or pressing Reset button? For about a month or two my PC randomly freezes and I have no idea why. I can somewhat live with that as it happens only like once a day or something. But OS loading takes forever after I do a "hard" reboot when freeze happens.
Are there any cache settings or something I can tweak? Other times OS loads decently fast from an HDD like when I simply reboot PC via Start menu or after the usual Shutdown.
>>
>>63715294
im guessing binary or decimal either way very random for a hello world. guess i simply dont get it
>>
>>63715334
>>63715294
but look man i'm beginning on learning assembly, testing what i know by reading disassembled binaries / etc. i'm learning it's not quite the same so trust me im going to be asking loads of stupid questions online
>>
Why do I keep getting google books and pintrest links when I google things? This is hyper vague reverse search suggestions all over again.
>>
File: Untitled.png (63 KB, 1177x614)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
How do I initialize the members of each sub struct?
>>
>>63715330
>HDD
>2017
>>
Why is it it is hard to run multiple displays?
If I have a laptop with 2 external displays in a dock, why can't it just use all three displays?
From a hardware standpoint, it seems pretty simple but why isn't it done?
>>
>>63715402
great insight, thanks
>>
>>63715608
Any time annon. Remember a computer is only as good as its hardware. You still can't download ram.
>>
Is there saucenao for music?
>>
Question about the "Now Playing" status of Discord.

If you're logged into it from two devices, and one is playing something while the other isn't, what happens? I see that on the Playing PC it shows what you're playing, but on the Standby PC it shows nothing. But how does it look to others?
>>
>>63714513
ES Pro, Amaze, or Solid Explorer are good.
>>
File: Draw Slash.gif (1.06 MB, 320x164)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
How do I make a spare copy of a Linux install?
Right now its on a USB and I'd like to have spares as I will probably mess things up.
I would imagine its not just copying the USB's files.
>>
>>63715795
Everything is a file.
You can just copy the files over, it is that simple.
If you want to compress it, just make sure to do it right.
>>
>>63715630
shazam?
>>
Repostan my question from /pcbg/
>>63714752
tl;dr how do I get more OC juice?
>>
>click somewhere on site
>a new window pops up with a copy of the site
>the old window reloads into an ad

Is there any way to prevent this? uBlock isn't doing the trick.
>>
>>63715820
>>63715795
Remember to install grub on the USB stick. And to set the partition as bootable in GParted or something like this.
>>
>>63716119
If you mean origin, I'm gonna guess you have malware. Or you've fucked your settings.
>>
Someone managed remotely to access my torrents through the qBittorrent's Web UI funcionality.
All he did was move and delete a few of my files.
I guess the way he managed to do that was because the login page of the Web UI is HTTP (not secure) and I'm connected through a VPN so maybe someone was snooping, I don't know.
What kind of data other than my torrents might had he come across?
I wanted to ask if I am safe and what can I do.
I'm using Linux Mint. It is a fresh install, I just downloaded qBittorrent and was downloading some anime.
Thanks.
>>
Using photorec to recover photos from an external harddrive and it's taking FOREVER. 2% after 14 hours, this can't be normal right? I ran photorec and recuva at the same time and recuva finished while I was sleeping. I have photorec any high priority so I have no idea what is making it so slow.

Any ideas?
>>
Can this hash function for strings be improved?
I'm getting about 20% collisions in 1000 words.
int hashCode = 13; 

for(int i = 0; i < word.length(); i++)
{
hashCode = hashCode * 23 + word.charAt(i);

if(hashCode < 0) //Ensure hash is not negative.
hashCode *= -1;

return hashCode % tableSize;
}
>>
>>63716536
It just went up to 3% and then 2% again. I'm dumbfounded

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.