[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 0399787_PE563859_S5[1].jpg (545 KB, 2000x2000)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>tfw fell for the Ikea Markus meme

This fucking chair is killing my back. Since it's such a meme, is my back retarded or is this chair an absolute piece of shit? Jesus fucking christ I've never had such a nasty back-ache from a chair before.
>>
Chair looks like it's designed for man with no legs, only torso.
>>
This chair is an absolute meme dude, can't believe you fell for it LOL
>>
>>64103140
it's the chair
I'll never understand why people try to save money when they buy a chair, the place where they spend almost most of their time
>>
>>64103140
it's designed for normal-weight non-manlets
>>
>>64103140
works fine on my back
>>
>>64103187
I am a manlet, but my head reaches the middle of the headrest perfectly. I also can't understand why it felt comfy as fuck when I tried it at the Ikea store, but after assembling it at home and sitting for an hour, my back was kill.

The issue lies in the lumbar support which feels like I have a fucking 2x4 stuck in my back. Maybe because it's forcing me into a correct posture when I used to slouch my back before?

I don't even know man, but I never had this kind of problem with any chair before.
>>
>>64103209
it's quite possible the pain is from it forcing you into a posture you're not used to. try getting a chiropractic adjustment.
>>
should've bought a gamer chair... by brother bought those "net" chairs and he had to cover it with a blanked because it's so fucking cold LOL
>>
>>64103140
I loved mine, but its shit quality and didn't last me a year before it started to break
>>
>>64103140
You got meme'd my dude. Next time check used office furniture stores, or craiglist for hi end chairs for 1/3 the price. I got a steelcase leap for like $150.
>>
>>64103313
Here in Yurop it's very hard to find those brands for cheap. I did research the chair thing a lot before getting this one, which looked like a sure bet from all the glowing reviews and good price (150€ for real leather version).
>>
>>64103313
>steelcase leap

Just word of caution, those are work chairs made so you can work non stop for 10 hours to make your boss money, they're not meant to be pleasant or super comfy experience, it forces you to sit straight and shit like that.

I used Aeron for years and recently switched to one of those "executive" type Italian leather chair and it's like sitting on (or in) cloud compared to aeron, have fallen asleep few times in it which would just be impossible in aeron.
>>
>>64103410

Paid 600€ for used Aeron here in slav Europe. Not worth it.
>>
>>64103424
I think getting a chair with 3895 adjustable components would trigger my autism to no end and I would end up adjusting it over and over while never feeling really comfortable.
>>
>>64103140
works on my skeleton
>>
File: 2018-01-02 16.23.16.jpg (2.99 MB, 3480x4640)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
sit properly you fucks.

since you're on /g/ you're probably going to spent a significant percentage of your life sitting - which will fuck you up. evolutionary we're simply not optimized for sitting half the day.

the whole thing gets worse tenfold if your posture is shit. sitting like a degenerate for 10+ years will do irreversible damage and you'll have horrible chronic back pain age 50 and up.

just sit upright as you're supposed to, and place your butt as far back as you can

>pic related
>proof that I have that fucking chair and it works perfectly fine - if you sit like a normal human being
>>
>>64103145
WHERE MAH NIGGA DA FALCON OG
>>
>>64103424
aeron is shit. even if it's properly sized (it comes in different sizes based on the person's height) it's really not a comfortable chair. sat in one in the office for years.

eyeing the steelcase leap and hoping it isn't a gigantic meme.

>>64103313
that's a ridiculously low price even for a used one. $275+ is more typical where I am on craigslist, more from elsewhere
>>
>>64103209
>>64103241

Listen to this anon, you're probably still not used to the position it forces you in. How long have you been using it by now? It isn't no ergonomic chair by any means, but it's a better sitting position than the el cheapo chairs this is supposed to be a step up from.
>>
spineless faggot detected. I’ve used this same chair for years without issue
>>
>>64104704
Or, get injured at work and enjoy them neet benefits
>>
>>64104704
How do you keep your chair free of stains?
>>
>>64105001

only /g/ could ask such a retarded question
>>
>>64103140
>IKEA
>check online if shit is in stock
>over 20
>go to IKEA
>there's nothing

FUCK YOU FUCKING SWEDES FOR WASTING MY TIME
>>
it's alright
>>
I can't sit straight in this chair. 6'3 and for over 3 years this chair has been a nightmare. My back is bent as fuck. The chair has no way to support the weight of my torso I just can't figure it out.
I can't lean back, just slide down.
Can't use armrests they are to short and you cant change the height, I could go on forever about this shit.

Feels good finally ranting about this shit
>>
>>64103140

I have one both at home and at the office.
So I sit on it for 12+ hours a day.
I also have a very weak back (a problem I've had since I was a teenager)

It's actually very kind to my back, way better than a classic office chair.
>>
>>64103209
>The issue lies in the lumbar support

Then remove it.

Why do people keep using a chair they hate?
Either customize it or replace it.
>>
it looks uncomfortable
>>
>>64106375

please take a picture of your body (side view if possible)

I really need to see how fucked up you have to be to not be able to sit on a chair
>>
>>64104704
>grey cloth model
>not black leather
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>64103140
>is my back retarded
no but it will be after a few decades of being a desk drone because you have shit posture
the markus isn't comfortable or ergonomic but it shouldn't cause any pain or discomfort even after long sitting sessions

>>64103187
I'm an overweight manlet, works fine for me
>>
File: wwwow.png (1.17 MB, 1200x900)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Glad I saw this thread here. Posted on /v/ as well but I think /g/ will have useful insight.

I want to buy a new desk chair in a week or so çause the one I have at the moment kills my back. I have a budget of about $140 but will go a little higher if necessary. I don't mind if it's a 'gamer' chair or an office chair just as long as it lasts and is comfortable. Anyone got any ideas? I've never shopped for chairs before and don't wanna made an uneducated purchase
>>
just get a herman miller aeron off craigslist. theyre like $300
>>
>>64103140
>buying pressed cardboard IKEA "swedish" gook trash
>ever
nice meme
>>
>>64106856
It's a shit chair huge difference
>>
File: office_chair_mods.jpg (96 KB, 988x781)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>64103140
>buy lumbar cushion
>buy seat cushion
>mfw my chair is now more comfy than a $2000 Hernea Miller
kek I feel bad for someone spending more than $100 for an office chair
>>
Am I the only fucker that sits on a stool to use the computer? No back support.
>>
So is my back permanently fucked if this chair gives me a terrible back ache in the lumbar support area? I endured it for a long vidya session right now and my back is completely destroyed in the lumbar area, I feel like I've been dropkicked in the back.
>>
>>64108399
Switched to a standing desk at work, no regrats
>>
File: female_couch.jpg (70 KB, 450x222)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>64103140
lieing on your side is a more natural body position. enjoy your deep vein thrombosis, sitlets.
>>
I have some higher end no name catalog only brand that is a clone of the steelcase leap. Has almost all the features of top of the line and is built well.
I want to upgrade but no clue where to go from here. Feels like all the expensive meme chairs will be a disappointment.

Guess the only solution is to actually go out and try chairs
>>
>>64109017
probably, yeah
go to a doctor and get checked out

ikea markus isn't the best chair on the world - but it shouldn't induce any pain or lasting discomfort
>>
>>64103424
>600€ for used
holy fuck, that trash overmarketed chair is worth 200USD used
>>
>>64105179
>SWEDES
chinks
>>
>>64103140
this literally was made to look good on a picture

what type of deformed body was this shit design made for?
>>
>>64103140
Go get an Office Max Big & Tall chair. It doesn't matter if you're a fatass (you are), the extra cushioning helps. Then go buy an ottoman. If you're poor, use a box. Sit as reclined as possible with your feet on the ottoman. Sit as close to your desk as possible and slide your keyboad as far back as you can. Keep your arms and wrists straight. You can spend 18 hours a day 7 days a week on a computer and feel no discomfort.
>>
>>64107038
>$140
with that budget you're best off going to an office supply store and trying all the display models
>>
>>64103140
At least you didn't fall for gaymen chairs, anon
>>
I have this chair and I've had it for several years. There's nothing wrong with it unless you are morbidly obese, even if /g/ pretends that the height somehow isn't adjustable.
>>
File: s271-38.jpg (60 KB, 640x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>64103140
The chair is fine, stop slouching you lazy useless sack of ass.
>>
Does this thing have adjustable lumbar support? It's dogshit otherwise, not everyone is built exactly the same way and not everyone sits in exactly the same position. Lumbar support is very important and should be adjustable up/down at the very least, ideally you want it adjustable in how hard it pushes against your lower back too (forward/back kind of). Having correct leg posture is important too, especially not having the seat too high. If the seat is too high your leg weight won't properly rest on the ground, you'll also get kinda pulled forward a bit and this will fuck your seating position/lower back especially.
>>
I think I broke mine. it reclines back to about a 35 degree angle from its regular position and it's like I'm sitting in a fucking planetarium. If I try sitting up then it'll start reclining because it's that loose.
>>
>>64109623
No it does not. It can only be adjusted by height and tilt
>>
im 350 lbs and its perfect
>>
>>64110002
That doesn't sound too great, it's pretty shitty. You can get lucky and the chair's "defaults" could fit you perfectly, but they may also not.
>>
Im 6'3/192cm and 120 kg
Got a used Markus for 50$, comfy as fuq
>>
>>64103140
>not buying an herman-miller
kek poor fags
>>
>>64103140
You're not the only one my dude. This chair is fucking horrendous. Do yourself a favour and get yourself lumbar pillow for this thing until you get a new chair.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.