[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 151495368242.jpg (67 KB, 480x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>
i need a list of normie apps
things like facebook, twitter, instagram etc
>>
Does boiling eggs that are near their expiration date extend it any?
>>
>>64124788
source
>>
I just installed NoScript to Firefox, which reduced 4chan to a message in the middle of the screen telling me to enable javascript to view the page correctly. There didn't even seem to be a convenient way to always enable on this site- the addon's toolbar icon has a temporarily allow button, revoke temporary, reload, close, and options. Am I in way over my head here?
>>
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but is there any specific reason why image ReCaptchas don't work on Firefox?
I can "solve" them in the sense that I get the green checkmark but they 100% show as failed after that ever since I updated to the latest firefox. If I'm on Chrome they always work so it's not user error.
I cleared all my cookies which allowed me to get them to work on Firefox again for a short period of time but then they went right back to not working a few days later
>>
>>64124788
Why you have problems, when you could have have prevented that even with more gain but you simply never listen?
>>
>>64124880
Instal vivaldi just to browse 4chan...
It has all the functionality you need.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (199 KB, 1205x780)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
When recording a cassette tape should I be using my amp, mixer, etc or should I be going directly from my source to the recorder?
>>
>>64124880
Use umatrix, it is was more refined in its settings,unlike noscript which is yes or no
>>
>>64124922
Thanks but unfortunately I unironically don't browse 4chan anymore. "Browsing" for me is searching for tags on the catalog view of specific boards, to periodically check for new content. Which I usually do on my tablet.

>>64124952
Thanks, I've heard of that addon but somehow never thought to read what it does.
>>
I had to create a Facebook account for work, it's empty and I plan to delete it afterwards, but I will absolutely need to access it from my phone from time to time.
If I do so, will I see the profiles of people who have my number in my friend suggestions , and , more crucially, will they see me in their friend suggestions ?
I don't wish this account to be connected to anything outside of work.
I can't use a pseudonym

I've seen people say that FB can do that, but since I'm technologically retarded and research gives me conflicting results, I hope that this savier board can help.
>>
>>64124982
Yes
>>
>>64124982
Better solution is to quit whatever shit job you work at.
>>
>>64124880
Unless you've got a 4chan pass you have to run jscript from Google to use the captcha
>>
>>64124982
What kind of work do you do that is forcing you to make a facebook account?
I'm legit curious, that's the first time I've seen anyone say they use facebook for work things
>>
pihole doesnt block shit for me anymore
i try to change the dns that pihole wants me to and then i cant open 4chan
and i never had to mess with resolv.conf before, why is this happening now
i used to use network-manager and it worked fine
help me out here
>>
>>64124969
So write yourself some proxy which renders to noscript.
>>
>have 4 GiB of RAM
>
free -h
is only reporting 3.3 GiB of total memory
Where's the other 0.7 GiB?
>>
>>64125111
The browser you used to make this post
>>
>>64125056
It's not a legal obligation, it's more than the rest of the team can't use anything else for communication. If I send mails they go unread for way too long, and they don't know how to use other digital means (or more accuratly they don't care)
I can't work with them without it, believe me I tried.
>>64124998
Well fuck
>>
>>64125101
Tbh I don't know what that means- I was someone in the last sqt asking how to prevent ads from opening two tabs in a new window >>64117198 >>64117289. That second quote is a dude who gave me a NoScript rec.

It seems fairly standard to have, but I will use uMatrix instead. I was sort of expecting an "it just werks" more respectful experience on the net with this.
>>
>>64125170
I said total memory, not available memory you fucking cretin.
>>
How many cats is too many?
>>
How do I change locale in linux? I want to play my eroge.
>>
>>64125205
Unironically there is probably a hard number at which certain places will consider it animal abuse, unless you live on a literal farm.
>>
>>64125205
>2 cat
LOL
>>
>>64125198
It's reserved memory. Ask stupid questions get stupid answers.
>>
>>64125278
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>64124895
anyone have an idea?
>>
what's the point of having multiple threads while using windows. As I understand, windows can't actually utilize more than one tread.
>>
>>64124788
I've been having trouble trying to get two instances of ffmpeg to run in parallel but one of the jobs seem to stop out of nowhere, how do I remedy this?
Here is what I've typed in the command line
$ ffmpeg -i test48.wav -acodec libopus -b:a 256k -vbr on -compression_level 10 test48.opus & ffmpeg -i test24.wav -acodec libopus -b:a 128k -vbr on -compression_level 10 test24.opus

Is there anything wrong with it?
>>
>>64125750
https://superuser.com/questions/538164/how-many-instances-of-ffmpeg-commands-can-i-run-in-parallel
>>
What does sudo actually stand for?
I know what it does but what's it mean?
>>
File: 1514861505829.png (288 KB, 739x806)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
How do I securely sign up for a vpn? Seems counter intuitive to pay with a credit card/paypal or does it really matter if they don't keep logs? I'm going with nordvpn if it makes a difference.
>>
>>64125810
Super
User
DO
>>
>>64125794
I'm a noob when it comes to bash and I'm just trying to output the files in the same folder. I have no idea what difference it makes when the > symbol is changed into < symbol.
>>
>>64125833
actually, never mind
I've just read up on why I should output to /dev/null in the first place
>>
How do I make thumbnails work on gelbooru with uMatrix installed? I don't understand. I literally hit the power button on the addon button dropdown, and they still won't load. I realize gelbooru isn't respected around these parts but still.
>>
>>64125818
bitcoin or prepaid card, If those options are available
>>
>>64125810
Sudo, like pseudo. It doesn't actually do anything.
>>
>>64125869
trial and error on which parts of the webpage will make those thumbnails appear
>>
>>64125903
Goddamn it, I guess I should be happy I have the freedom to be so specific but fuck.
>>
>>64125818
Buy a prepaid visa debit with cash in a store. Or go directly to the VPN provider and pay in cash.
>>
File: 1512154439383.jpg (112 KB, 915x609)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
got an ssd how do I install windows on it?
>>
>>64124788
No Maki. You will eat your cum coated popcorn and love it.
>>
>>64125923
How did you install windows on your HDD?
>>
>>64124788
Why do all phone developers find it ok to remove the headphone jack and what's a good alternative to any company that decides go take on this BS practice?
>>
>>64125923
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>64125923
You can just cut and paste your windows folder. Your boot loader is in that folder on windows distros so it will accurately boot into the new partition's OS
>>
>>64125923
Just like HDD. Don't format it, though. Also don't defrag. Also install latest firmware on it first, BEFORE installing OS on it. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to update firmware later.
>>
>>64125968
Problem is I don't have the windows install disk
>>
>>64126057
Download one
>>
>>64126062
Where am I going to get one for windows 7?
>>
>>64125869
>>64125903
This is so completely ass. I literally don't understand why disabling uMatrix filtering for ALL of gelbooru doesn't generate thumbnails.
>>
How secure is diskcryptor compared to truecrypt? There's no way to extract the password even if the system reserved space is left unencrypted, right?
>>
How big of an issue is this Intel memory leak? What will that 30% potential performance loss exactly affect?
>>
>>64126079
Coogle
>>
>>64126115
It's not really a memory leak and the performance loss you are looking at is straight up processing power since you will have to mask the Kernel software side.
If you were looking at 3Ghz previously you will only have access to about 2Ghz of that after the fix, if you choose to install it at least.
>>
>>64126083
truecrypt is abandoned and the 7.1 source has 2 giant vulnerabilities unpatched. You should not use it , you should not advertise it, you should not recommend it to your friends.
The continuation of truecrypt is veracrypt which has these exploits patched in version 7.2, and is the only updated source code.
>>
>>64125833
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159513/what-are-the-shells-control-and-redirection-operators
>>
File: 140272472 .jpg (544 KB, 2000x1111)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>64124788
Sauce please.
>>
>recent intel scandal
>i couldn't understand most of the stuff discussed
>tfw basically tech illiterate

wat do /g/?

i am a maths major and work in finance. i know basic vba and python but beyond that not much. what do if I want to learn more about computers in my spare time?
>>
>>64124830
top apps on any appstore
>>
>>64126204
Read some books. I'd recommend "Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software" as a pretty non-technical entry-point that makes a lot of the more underlying principles so clear even someone that really doesn't know shit about computers is able to follow and understand it.
>>
>>64126175
Yes but i was asking about diskcryptor specifically which is presumably still being maintained
>>
>>64126240
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
>>
>>64126265
Its called inference
>>
>>64126079
There now seems to be a digitalriver((dot))info website, but until now the most trusted/popular/w.e was:
https://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
Also remember to: 1. SHA1 verify your download just in case
2. Have your product key available
3. Have wifi/networking drivers ready on a usb stick
>>
is learn blank the hard way still the best resource to learn coding? I'm a complete noob.
>>
>>64126285
Okay but the password is still secure no
>>
>>64126332
Fucking using veracrypt
>>
If i disconnect my internet and want to back up my steam installation and library, can I just copy and paste them to another drive and not need to download anything?
>>
Alright, so I got some lower end smartphone fof christmas, but the board site doesn't actually talk about how to root it, just says some apps need root.
So how do i go about it then?
>>
>>64124788
WTF is really going on with Intel?
>>
>>64126374
I can't dude it's not working on my thinkpad
>>
>>64126446
Thats bullshit
>>
>>64126307
Well fuck I also don't have my product key
>>
>>64126436
Just fucking lurk /g/
Or wait until every single person on the planet is talking about it
I'm going to be having my mom call me and ask me if I know about this soon
>>
>>64126457
Well the pre-boot authentification fails/gets stuck every single time at "Booting..." so it's stuck in a loop and i have to resort to some other program obviously
>>
>>64126417
It varies significantly depending on your manufacturer and model.
There's also not really much point to it unless you are a developer yourself, why do you even want to root it?
>>
>>64126501
Or maybe i just won't encrypt this piece of shit after all i guess, not like i keep any sensible shit on there anyways
>>
>>64126534
blocking ads in my apps.
>>
File: 1494009819706.jpg (149 KB, 675x710)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
I have a bunch of hard disks. Is there some sort of contraption that can act as a case exclusively for the aforementioned hard disks? Obviously I need to have access to the SATA and power connections on the bottom back. I tried searching for "hard disk case" and suchlike in G*ogle, but only inane results are returned (e.g. pouches).
>>
>>64126560
You are looking for "enclosure"
>>
>>64126553
Don't use terrible apps that flood you with ads then?
>>
>>64126477
Nigga, why I should lurk 'BUY AMD /thread'? It is like looking on check engine light, something is wrong, but is it critical?
They say nothing about what precisely goes on.
>>
>>64126534
>unless you are a developer yourself,
Adaway
Xprivacy
Those alone are enough to root.
>>
>>64126459
On laptops, the *correct* product key is usually either on a sticker, or on the back of the laptop case or somewhere on or near the battery. Don't know about your case though.
Software like Magical Jelly Bean or Belric Advisor usually provide with something that looks like it's the product key, but ISN'T the actual product key, from my experience.
There must be a way to retrieve yours I guess, just google around for your specific case
>>
>>64125944
>Why do all phone developers find it ok to remove the headphone jack

>Good goy, buy that adapter for only 19.99 and be sure it's our brand or it won't work right! We also have a nice selection of music players if you want to use your headphones!
>>
how do I unlock a phone without paying those stupid fees?
>>
>>64126666
Wait for your contract to expire
>>
>>64124841
cooked food generally does not spoil as fast, so yes
but it probably depends on whether your eggs are American or European. Americans wash the eggs before selling them which removes some protective layer on the outside of the shell, making them go bad faster and requiring that they be refrigerated.
Euros leave the protective layer of chicken vagina slime on the eggs until they are ready to use them, so they last much longer and don't need to be refrigerated, but they might want to wash them before using them.

It will probably make a bigger difference for American eggs.
>>
Whats this favicon from?
>>
>>64125944
Because of the stupid 'thinner phones are better' meme. Headphone jack takes up too much space.

Not that their phone's size fucking matters for anything other than marketing. All the durability they strip out to make it thinner has the end result that you're "supposed" to put it in a protective case that triples its size.
>>
is there a way to manually cherrypick windows updates to install on your computer? Every time I go to the windows catalog and select the update I want, it always gives me an error message. Something about incompatibility. And it's weird, because I try every version of that update just to ensure I'm not using the wrong one. But none of them stick.
>>
Would it be economical to heat a room using only the waste heat from mining bitcoins? Would the trickle of income be more than the difference in electricity used due to your hardware being less efficient as a heater than a space heater or something?
>>
What does winetricks do exactly? If I install some package then it's used when I run something with wine?
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (197 KB, 1167x1030)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
Help pls. I got some spamware and can't remove them.

>torrent some adobe thing
>try to install
>realize late that it is not safe
>some apps and services installed that messed up my browser
>ads even with adblock and opening links auto
>uninstall any new app from Windows
>delete manually remaining files from C:
>this doesn't delete
>"You can't delete it, it is in use"
>can't find what uses it
>those 2 services are in the list, can't erase them

What can I do? They are not recognised as viruses..
>>
What's the better External HDD manufacturer?I planning to buy a 1tb HDD as a portable hard drive for downloading away from my house.
>>
>>64127203
Boot up in safe mode, then try deleting them.
>>
What are the differences betweem VMware and VSphere?
>>
I'm looking for a good switch, 8 to 16 ports that I'll connect to an already saturated switch.
Nothing fancy, no power over ethernet, LACP is a bonus but not necessary but it does have to be fanless or at least noiseless.
>>
Please recommend me a good programming language according to this:
>compiled
>static typing
>extensive and coherent standard library
>a good implementation of pointers
>garbage collection
>optional object orientation
>concise and readable syntax
I have programmed in c++ until now but im finally giving up on the fucking mess that is the standard library.
I just want something that fucking works.
>>
>>64124830
Snapchat
Whatsapp
Maybe "hobby" apps like pinterest or some shit
Some shitty email app that rapes your privacy instead of using gmail (which rapes your privacy)
"game of the month"
candycrush if they are old
app of the day if they are very young
That's the constants that you often find on a phone. Occasionally 9gag/reddit apps, maybe a "camera plus" app or some shit. Everything else differs a lot
>>
File: gitkraken.png (504 KB, 3024x1806)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>64124788
gitkraken doesn't have a detachable head, so how would I revert just one file to some specific state? would I have to fuck around with branches?
>>
When trying to open a virtual console on Ubuntu, only ctrl-alt-F4+ will work
When using ctrl-Fn-alt-F1+, it works normally (F1 to F6 for consoles, F7 to exit)
Anyone know what's wrong or how to change this behavior so it works without needing the Fn key?
>>
>>64127353
Golang is right up your alley. ;^)
>>
>>64127353
Java, don't be a geek no one will care about your messy source code anyway, excluding the developer.
>>
>>64127184
As I understand it its just a package manager that installs programs to your windows "filesyste under wine.
You can browse that "filesystem" by doing
wine explorer.exe
>>
>>64127427
Three problems
- mandatory OOP
- extreme verbosity
- fucking JVM
>>
>>64127423
why is golang considered bad anyways?
>>
>>64127486
Because it's made precisely for people like you.
>>
>>64127519
please elaborate
>>
File: 1514578932180.jpg (59 KB, 600x800)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
how do I setup couch potato with transmission?
is cp supposed to only donwload the .torrent files or it's supposed to also control the torrent client?
>>
>>64127555
it's windows btw
>>
I was in an uber the other day that got pulled over and the driver got a DUI. The cop also had me blow and when it showed I was under the limit gave me the keys and said I could drive the car home, which I did, but now it's been a few days and I have no idea how to get in contact with the driver so he can come get his car. What's the best way of doing so? Should I just wait for him to contact me?
>>
>>64127463
Then you should go back to C++
>>
>>64127643
Take the car to the local precinct and explain the situation to them. They will have it towed to a holding location until the guy gets out/if.
>>
DeVeDe is telling me that the mp4 file I'm trying to select "doesn't seem to be a video file". I've burned mp4 files before using this program with no problem, how do I find out what's wrong with this particular file? If I end up needing to convert it to another file type what can I do to preserve the quality?
>>
>>64127533
>The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
-- Rob Pike

Source: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2014/From-Parallel-to-Concurrent @ 20:40
>>
What's the difference between gnome shell theme and gtk3 theme. I googled and still can't find an answer.

Which do I change to get rid of the shitty window decoration?
>>
You just need to get the latest intel drivers to patch the exploit, right? Some people are saying this is a windows-update thing as well
>>
I want to build a computer but I'm a massive poorfag and I can't buy all parts at the same time.
Which parts should I get first? Which parts require to invest more moneys?
>>
File: 1495083939456.gif (2.91 MB, 309x313)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>64127293
I think it worked... I am so scared.. I almost lost the row of open tabs..
Hope this shit won't come up again.
I think it was an extension that caused the auto links opening..
>>
>>64128102
By the time you buy more parts, the parts you bought will be cheaper. You should buy everything together to get the best value on parts.
>>
File: them.jpg (195 KB, 1849x743)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Can someone help me set up my uBlock properly?
This shit don't go away..
>>
Are HGST Ultrastars good drives? What if they're manufacturer refurbished?
>>
can anyone redpill me on bitcoin mining? It looks like a scam to me.
>>
Hey guys, a friend of mine is thinking of building a PC, because a buddy of his offered him this motherboard (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157685) for $20, and suggested that he could use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wZPNJV as a basis for a build.

While I do not think that it is a bad deal, I think that he could do better for the money, since it is an older processor and I think it is at a price point Where $50-100 can give you a decent performance boost. Here is what I came up with.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/s3RPbj

Which is more worth it? I tried to make it be so that the Ryzen one was more worth it, and tried to make sure that it incuded all of the parts that would be needed for a truly complete PC, including the case and everything.
>>
>>64128102
Save first, buy all at once.
>>
>>64128258
It's because they're not even really ads - if you mouse over them, 90% of the time they're not a valid URL. It's some shady shit done by Hiro, if you check the page source there's a big block of obfuscated JS
>>
My windows 7 (thinkpad T520 if it matters) won't boot from the disc. I gave it priority in the boot order, so I'm assuming the disc drive works because it's recognized, but it just boots straight to the hdd every time. And there's no "press button to boot from cd" prompt or anything.
>>
>>64128258
Did you update your filters? I used to have an issue with it, I tried a few custom scripts that didn't work, but they just went away after a while. Add some additional extensions like the anti adblocker killer. You might need to restart your browser after doing it.
>>
File: 03201814382.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>64128560
Never mind, figured it out.
New problem; it just does this. Anyone know about this part? Booted from the disc and got nothing. Disc works on a different computer.
>>
Few question about the intel fiasco.

A)My old laptop is running a Corei3 4000M, so 2.4GHz. How fucked am I with that update?

B)I was planning on getting a proper desktop soon for gaming purposes, how fucked are new processors? Will it take long to fix that issue? should I even wait or should I switch to an AMD processor
>>
im out of the lopp here, what happen with intel
>>
Is there any good open source partition Windows/cross-platform management tool?
>>
>>64128768
Decade old exploit found(back to core2duo). The "patch" has upwards of 30% performance deficit.
>>
>>64128792
just use disk management lol
>>
>>64124830
everything on the playstore top charts
>>
>>64128547
>>64128562
I saw the block of garbage.. I used the zap feature of uBlock and they went away.

I know that anons found some custom filters to deal with those scripts. I don't remember the pastebin..
>>
>>64125173
>Instant message for work related thing
Boy, your office does not work very efficiently does it?
>>
>>64128846
how does that effect me?
>>
Is there any way to use Steam link on a TV and still use the PC normally? I got it for 5 bucks from a random dude and I want my child and wife to use it while I can masturbate alone with the PC.
>>
File: 1503653685196.png (7 KB, 254x199)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Can someone explain to me what's the catch. I have to choose between the two virtual servers:

First Server:
16G ram
1 TB bandwidth
256 SSD
30$

Second Server:
32G ram
500 SSD
Unlimited traffic
25 $

What's the catch? Server #2 is better, and cheeper, how is it possible that for almost the same price tag?
>>
>>64128547
>>64128562
>>64128899
Posting it cause i fucking hate gookmoot

!   > shady shit
||s.4cdn.org/js/extension.min.*.js$script,domain=4chan.org
! > >>60797824
||ekansovi.com$domain=4chan.org
||adglare.com$domain=4chan.org
||adglare.net$domain=4chan.org
||smcheck.org$domain=4chan.org
boards.4chan.org##script:contains(window.upManager)
! > fuck built-in JS
||s.4cdn.org/js/*$script,domain=4chan.org
!||s.4cdn.org/css/*$stylesheet,domain=4chan.org
||boards.4chan.org^$inline-script,domain=4chan.org

Also use this script.
https://gist.github.com/MinoMino/2ea9def7e6286189615088a1b15ab721/raw/9266dce4fcbc23a3ed99b32c090cd49020e14e3d/4chan-anticancer.user.js

Block them in your hosts file too
>>
>>64128954
If you have an intel cpu you either take a flat out 30% performance hit with the patch or have an exploitable system.
>>
>>64128954
If you have an Intel CPU it will affect you in the sense that relatively soon you will download a windows update that is going to lower your CPU's processing power by an yet undefined amount. How bad it really is we won't know until they are done with optimization and all that, but it's going to be a hit no matter what.
If you are still on Win7/8 you are fucked and won't get an official patch, leaving your system open to one of the worst kinds of exploits there is, people are basically able to go straight into the innermost core of your computer, the kernel, and read whatever they want from it with you not being able to do shit to defend against it.
>>
>>64128970

Who are the hosting providers?
>>
>>64128959
It looks like only using a VM and two GPUs would work actually.
>>
>>64129027
I thought 7+ was getting it
>>
>>64128989
Didn't work.
Broke the site, the banner and the settings.
>>
>>64129094
Reload the page and the css wont be broken.

I know it works as i am using both the script as well as the rules since day one and its never been an issue
>>
>>64129123
just paste them as is on 'my filters'?
>>
>>64129123
>>64129202
Everything broke now. The site looks like a txt file.
>>
>>64129037
Hetzner and Strato
>>
File: ASUS N580VD.jpg (286 KB, 1500x1500)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
Why does this new Asus laptop look (almost) exactly the same as the 2012/2013 model?

Look at those thick bezels around the screen.

Why didn't Asus bother to make the bezels less thick?
>>
>>64127360
redpill me on "camera plus". Never heard of it, but is it what it says on the tin: literally a better camera app?
>>
>>64124788
I saw doctor strange on netflix and it said magic is like writing the source code of reality
is this true
>>
File: 1513085323863.png (120 KB, 362x394)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>64125252
>>
>>64129278
google you stupid nigger
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera-plus-for-macro-photos-remote-photography/id330803072?mt=8

I don't even have an iMeme
>>
>>64128258
Update your 3rd party filters. Purge the cache and reupdate if you have to.
>>
>>64129027
god damn dude, thats pretty fucking terrible.
is there nothing to be done to protect yourself?
will turning off windows updates help in anyway?
>>
>>64129335
You can't write the source code, it's not open sourced. But you can write additional scripts for it. It's like mods in video games.
>>
File: vm.jpg (327 KB, 1919x1075)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
Should I be using xfce, gnome or kde?
>>
I want to use React Nativ and do only the GUI for a mobile app.

I can't find any guide for that task, so can you just give me an idea where to start?

I just have a little bit experience in web dev. so I am quite new in software dev.

More information(optional):
I want to get into mobile app development, just because I really enjoy doing websites and I think that might be the next step.

I am currently in school and just want to do computer science afterwards, so don't bash me because of doing mobile apps. I know it doesnt have too much of a future
>>
File: WHAT.png (12 KB, 411x227)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>Install game on Steam
>Works fine
>Game downloads an update months later
>Every time I boot it up it does the "First time setup" thing and gives me an error and this pop-up.
>If I hit cancel it runs fine regardless
>Uninstall and re-install, same thing
>Uninstall
>Delete local files
>Re-install
>Same thing
How do I fix this shit? It's pissing me off. I don't understand.
>>
Why can't my Arch find any Wireless networks even tho I installed drivers?
>>
>>64124940
I don't know if this helps, but I recorded music from Spotify to cassette by plugging a computer to my cassette deck with an RCA cable. Then I just adjusted the volume levels on the deck and hit record.
>>
How to watch half-ou/half-sbs downloaded 3D blu ray rips via my projector (it supports 3D). Which software outputs these correctly?

Also, if I convert a full image of a 3D blu-ray to an AVCHD BD9 disc, does the 3D functionality transfer too?
>>
>>64129617
Also any idea where I can find a good tutorial for react nativ?
>>
File: lain dancing.gif (29 KB, 87x100)
29 KB
29 KB GIF
is getting my bachelors from the EC-Council worth it?
I already do cyber security and i feel like they may be a better choice than a UC.
>>
>>64125066
YALL NIGGAS USELESS
>>
>>64129474
Seems to work now. I can't see the garbage.
>>
>>64125869
>>64125903
>>64126081
Update: turns out NoScript somehow wasn't fully uninstalled, so I needed to restart, where I ran CCleaner in between launching Firefox again. Tbh I knew it didn't fully uninstall since where the toolbar icon was there was instead a broken icon taking up space that gave an error, but yeah at this point disabling uMatrix' filtering for a website is actually indistinguishable from the addon not even being installed for that site, so from there I can work backwards.
>>
>>64125869
>>64129907
When you whitelist gelbooru, install this afterwards to get rid of the ads anyway and also make it look much nicer https://userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme
>>
File: il_fullxfull.285116128.jpg (143 KB, 1500x1125)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
trying to chainfire root a phone. supposed to check kernel version. but it shows as just '3.0.8' instead of the long string that CFs method requires. wat do?
>>
>>64125252
Generate one
locale-gen ja_JP.UTF-8

Use it within wine
[code[
LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine ~/game/porn/rtp.exe

/vg/ has a hentai thread with a pastebin describing this
>>
how to solve
>>
File: 1418870257083.jpg (28 KB, 335x333)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>64124788
Advice on how to land a job in this field? Anyone have any recommended staffing agencies or labor websites? trying to land a job in NYC in particular if that makes any difference
>>
>>64130147
>>64130179
>[code[
Alright so I fucked it up twice.
>>
>>64130192
5 gallons = 80%
+ 5 gallons of water = 40%
+ 10 gallons of water = 20%
15 gallons.
>>
>>64129645
Are you sure you have the right drivers installed?
>>
I'm looking for a way to toggle my Windows Asus tablet between a Tablet PC and a separate mini display to work via its miniHDMI port -- both for the sake of a second monitor or to get to my Raspberry Pi.

Is this basically impossible? Did anybody understand what I just said or do I need to doodle an illustration?
>>
>>64130271
How do I check?
>>
>>64130290
>go to Arch Wiki
>see the list of Wireless drivers
>INSTALL EVERYTHING
>reset laptop

If it still doesn't work, throw laptop in the panini maker on grill setting for 5-20 minutes.
>>
>>64130243
Yes but with algebra and shit
>>
>>64130192
>common core
>>
>>64130243
5 gallons = 4 gallons acid + 1 gallon water = 80%
6 gallons = 4 gallons acid + 2 gallons water = 67%
7 gallons = 4 gallons acid + 3 gallons water = 57%
>>
>>64130426
meant for >>64130192
>>
>>64130337
*sigh*
5gal = 100%

80% of 5 is 5*(80/100)=5*(4/5)=4 gal

so, at start we have 4 gallons of acid deluded with 1 gallon of water. Since we won't be adding water (acid = const and is 20%) you just write:

4/20*80=4*4=16 gallons of water are needed, but since we already have 1 gallon, we need to ad 15 gallons.
>>
how do you set queue settings to unlimited in utorrent 2.2.1 it doesn't let me put -1 since it only allows numbers
>>
File: 1415613160028.jpg (73 KB, 600x468)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
trying this one to see if anyone happens to know:

I am using SkullCandy Hesh 2 Wireless Headphones when using my PC (they're not that good). When I am listening to a track on MusicBee and I click the power button it pauses but does not resume when I press it again, like it's supposed to. Why is this happening?
>>
>>64129633
what game? check the community forums
>>
I want to buy 16 gigs of RAM for a new system. The price for memory seems to have drastically increased since I was last messing with PC stuff so I was wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations on what is the best option for under $150.

Can I get 16gb of DDR4 for under $150?
Brand recommendations?
Main purpose of the system is both university work and gaming.
>>
>>64125111

You're running a 32 bit OS... major goof
>>
>>64131131
Pubg
I did, there's only unanswered threads.

I tried re-instlaling the Visual C++ 2017 thing and got this error now re-installing it
>>
Is there a program that takes a bunch of audio files and modifies them so that they all have the same peak loudness?
>>
I'm trying again to install Pale Moon on Fedora, because it might work now it's Fedora 27. It never worked before. It gives me an error message which, according to the official Pale Moon website, means I need to install xhost, but it's installed. Here are my error messages:

[root@localhost Downloads]# ./pminstaller-0.2.3/pminstaller.sh
No protocol specified

(yad:3080): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
[root@localhost Downloads]# xhost +localhost
No protocol specified
xhost: unable to open display ":0"

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? When I tried this with Fedora 25, I ultimately concluded that you can't install Pale Moon on Fedora. But that's crazy, right? So what should I do?
>>
>>64124788
I'm new to programming and I'm curious as to why many people on /g/ seem to hate OOP.
>>
What's better for hard disk longevity: Leaving the computer running all the night or powering down when I go to sleep?

Would there be a higher risk of failure starting it up once a day or just always keeping it on?
>>
>>64131376
By the way, researching elsewhere says that "xhost +localhost" doesn't work as root, so you need to do it as the regular user. I've done that, but the problem is still the same:

[root@localhost Downloads]# ./pminstaller-0.2.3/pminstaller.sh
No protocol specified

(yad:3191): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
>>
>>64131380
That's what most people start with, so if you can move beyond that, you will probably want to talk about how it's for plebs. These posts can safely be ignored.

>>64131385
This is a very common question. Usually, the conclusion is that it's okay to switch your computer off when you're not using it. If you want to give this question its own thread, though, you will probably find more information among the 200 shitposts you get in reply.
>>
>>64131385
You'd think that having it spin constantly is going to wear it down faster.
>>
>>64130289
Hello?
>>
File: 1505017343993.jpg (29 KB, 600x574)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
What if i don't install any of the Windows updates for the "Meltdown" bugfix?

I haven't installed a single update in ages, should i worry? Or will it be the same as the WiFi bug, that was discovered, yet no one gave a shit about?
I've had this PC for a few years, i sure as fuck don't want to become 30% slower overnight.
>>
>>64131683
Yes, this is /g/'s official tech support, you're speaking with Mitchell. How may I help you today?
>>
>>64131837
I'm just waiting for someone to answer a question of mine about using a tablet PC as a second/separate display with HDMI. Apparently I came by at a bad time, though.
>>
Is there any tricks to connecting molex cables or is it just a matter of keep trying til it works.

I always spend like 10 minutes on these. Always the longest part of any build. Why have we not got rid of them yet.
>>
>>64131267
sounds like a step in the right direction
let us know how you get on after reinstalling that
>>
>>64131990
Yeah it won't even let me re-install it. I just get >>64129633 this again
>>
>>64131912
Have you tried switching it off and on again?

Also delete cookies
>>
>>64131912
I'm terribly sorry you've had to wait so long, our lines are very busy at the moment. We do our utmost to keep our customers satisfied.
Now, you say you want to use your tablet as a display for another computer? Have you tried plugging the cables into the right ports?

>>64132084
You fuck, don't steal my ruse.
>>
So, Servers are getting fucked HARD.
When massive amounts of servers start upgrading prematurely and dumping lightly used Xeons and RAM into the market, where do I go to get the best deals?
>>
>>64132084
>>64132130
Fuck the both of you.
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>64129949
Thank you!!!! Sorry for the late reply- I'd only even left my last reply in case anyone else was looking at my post for an answer, too/
>>
I have Hackintosh installed on my PC with a Risen 5 1600 CPU, but I can't get Nvidia drivers to work properly. Others seem to get it to work, but not me.
>Install Clover Configurator
>Install Clover Boot loader
>Install Nvidia Web Drivers for High Sierra 10.13.2
>Add the kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
>Reboot
>Mac defaults to OS X Default Graphics Driver
>Google how to prevent this from happening
>Try many different solutions
>Even try installing EmuVariableUefi
>Reboot computer
>Computer shits when I use EmuVariableUefi, so I uninstall the driver.

I'm close to having a perfect install. It is just the drivers that won't work. What am I doing wrong? I can post my config.plist if needed.

Thanks for your time and patience.
>>
>>64124788
fucking SOURCE
>>
Hello brainlet here, I'm using ubuntu and I need to install a script to fix the double clicking of my mouse but I have no idea on how to install it
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xf86-input-evdev-debounce/
If anyone could guide me thenks
>>
>>64132329
no problem, just happened to see a (you) on the /g/ frontpage
>>
File: .png (37 KB, 207x398)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>64132506
Nobody knows the source anon. It will remain a mystery forever.
But here, have this instead
>>
>>64132622
any easy ways to block app ads for an android (nexus 7 tablet)? it's not rooted. i tried dns66 and it didn't block anything. im reading a book and these fucking video ads are annoying the shit out of me
>>
Is this PSU ok for this low-budget build? I already have most parts except for the GPU
>>
>>64132478
>using Clover Configurator and not editing the plist yourself using PlistEdit Pro

You need to install the correct Web Drivers for your exact build number then set the NvidiaWeb boolean to true in your plist.
>>
>>64132704
I'm retarded

https://pchound.com/GJPDgL/
>>
there is a site i visit to watch scat porn because its updated daily but it probably uses my cpu to mine bitcoins because i get 100% load and sometimes even freeze.
ublock origin doesnt help at all, what can i do?

yes, this is a serious question
>>
File: 1483075794600.jpg (87 KB, 640x633)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>64132752
>>
>>64132784
+1
>>
>>64124866
>>64132506
>>64126199
spent forever looking, turns out it's a fucking edit
>>
>>64132752
There's a browser plugin you can download called NoCoin.

What site?
>>
>>64132723
>Intel
Yikes
Also PSUs aren't really expensive, I'd probably go for like 450-500w
Should be able to find one on sale for about the same price.
>>
What's the best place to begin to learn more tech stuff? I plan on starting an IT program soon and I want to learn more on my own too. My cousin usually helps me get parts for my computer and build it, but I want to start doing this on my own.
>>
>>64132752
Block Javascript
>>
>>64132827
Thank you, I guess I'll get a new one then.

When buying a new PSU can I buy literally anything and it will work, or do I have to watch out for compatibility?
>>
>>64132704

this pic made me very uncomfortable if I'm honest
>>
>>64132828
Professor Messer has a website/is a website. You can learn CompTIA A+ stuff there, which is the most basic IT certification. Is that what you'd like to learn?

Basic Linux knowledge: buy a book called the Linux Pocket Guide. You can download pirated ebook versions of it too.

Basic programming: learn Python or JavaScript. People will argue forever over which is the best place to do this.
>>
>>64132752
it is mining with javascript
blocking javascript will certainly stop the miners but probably stop the video streams as well
use umatrix and whitelist only the scripts that are necessary for the site to work
>>
>>64132925

Yeah, I was looking at getting CompTIA, A+, and so forth. The specific program I was looking at it is at a local community college for networking software, so less coding and more network based.
>>
File: areyouhavinagiggle.jpg (59 KB, 960x960)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>64124788
can i set up a script on my work computer to clock me out so i can leave early but still get paid? they don't monitor the computers or anything so i'm not worried about getting caught. the clock out system is just online but it only lets me into it if i'm on the network at work so i can't just do it from home
>>
>>64132903
Steer clear of Corsair. I just had to replace my 650M after like four years because it fucking fried itself. Corsair PSUs are cheap chink shit garbage. Aside from that, literally everything should work. There's ONE concern to be had, and that's that older mobos are 20 pin instead of 24. Some PSU are straight 24 pin (I'm pretty sure my Corsair was 24 pin, this replacement is a 20+4) but your Asrock Mobo should be a 24 pin and any PSU you buy should be either 20+4 or 24 so there's no real concerns in terms of compatibility unless you somehow manage to buy a PSU with a straight 20 pin connector but I'm not sure they even sell those anymore.
>>
>>64132824
this actually worked, thank you

scat dot gold
the header is fucking disgusting but there is good shit
>>
>>64133018
thanks, I'll keep that in mind
>>
>unironic **** discussion
Is there any way to delete JUST this thread from my cache? I don't even want the slightest trace of this filth left anywhere on my computer.
>>
>>64133015
can you use a screensharing/remote desktop application to access your work pc from home
>>
File: 1511487543089.jpg (48 KB, 409x409)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I have an external HDD plugged into my computer all the time, the temps on it reach around 57C, is that a safe temp for a HDD? When I should I be worried?
>>
>>64130869
>>
how do I get thumbnails for files in dolphin?
running kubuntu 17.04

I tried doing it through dolphins settings but nothing happens when I turn on previews
>>
>>64130199
i started by getting a job at a movie theater and after cumming in many popcorn orders over about 6 months a talent scout noticed my aptitude and signed me
>>
Right now i'm using openvpn with shapeshifter-dispatcher running a obfs4 on tcp 443 because my isp is filtering bittorrent and openvpn traffic.
And then networkmanager-openvpn is bugged and not reading the pushed 'net_gateway' variable, so i have to manually run openvpn in terminal.
Are there any better/easier methods of doing this?
>>
>>64133088
57c is nothing. Keep an eye on it and come back if it hits 65c, that's the magic number when you should worry.
>>
File: blyat....png (228 KB, 1192x830)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>64124788
In the hard drive for pc space, i don't know which brand I should get. Im looking at WD, seagate barracuda, and HGST(Hitachi). I know SSD exists but im on a budget and want bigger memory storage.
>>
>>64132718
The boolean is set to true.in the plist. I'm using Web drivers for 10.13.2
>>
>>64133289
Newegg has Seagate and WD on sale for about the same price right now, so get Western Digital. They're about the best you can get in terms of HDDs- they're usually slightly pricier too, but it looks like you're in luck right now.
>>
>>64132052
without being at your pc all i can think of is a system restore to before you got the PUBG update
delete the local files first
>>
>>64133297
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I can post in pastebin my whole config.plist if you want.
>>
>>64132810
YES OF WHAT DOUJIN FFS
>>
>>64133335
>>64133297
>>64132718
https://pastebin.com/6ySuZU4E

Here is my plist
>>
>>64132988
Then a good path would be A+ > CCNA > Security+.
>>
>>64133072
i think i'd need access to the router to set up forwarding or something and i don't have a good excuse to be able to set that up
>>
File: IMG_20180104_013507_439.jpg (2.45 MB, 4608x3456)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
I can't reach the internet on my Ubuntu installation, although pinging other devices on the network works fine. I would blame it on my ISP or the router, except both my Windows installation (same computer) and my Fedora installation (different computer) can still connect to the internet. Any idea about what might cause this?
>>
>>64127976
>not capable of understanding a brilliant language
Dont get me wrong there are a lot of things with c++ that I love. But many things in the standard library are implemented in stupid ways and there is not one consistent way to implement similar things. There are also several classes which do essentially the same thing (eg. thread and pthread). I get that thread is a little bit more abstract and that pthread follows the posix standard, but why is it so hard to make one reliable implementation that does everything. Also thread and pthread are sometimes compatible and sometimes they dont work together at all depending on the platform. And the excuse ive hear is that "well thread doesnt work very well on all platforms yet so we have both". Then fix your shit before adding it!
And there seems to be no native way to do basic stuff like sockets. Most people ive seen just use the C functions. Which then fucks with everything else in the code.
C++ is pretty much the frankensteins monster of preogramming languages.
How is that brilliant?
>>
>>64133536
Do any machines have a static IP address? It might be an IP address issue, either with the computer having the same IP address as a static one or possibly being in a different subnet or something.
>>
I just installed Win10, does anybody have a good guide on the first essential steps to remove everything and make it almost usable? I always do this a bit random with some info from here and some scripts from there. But it would be great if any of you, could point me to a complete well though out guide!

>>64133536
Maybe you didn't configure your gateway? Can you please post the output of "ip route show"?
>>
>>64133536
output of 'ip addr'
>>
File: why.jpg (151 KB, 571x441)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
why do certain websites do this?
>>
Going to be traveling to Japan for a few weeks. What sort of /g/ related things should I prepare? Camera, chargers, etc.
>>
>>64133752
bcuz u gay bruv

More likely, it's probably a Wordpress configuration issue or something like that.
>>
>>64133686
Looks like you're onto something. I have a Raspberry Pi to which I've assigned a permanent IP. If I turn off the Pi and reboot Ubuntu, I can reach the internet. When I boot the Pi it still works, after SSHing into it it stops working.
I wonder why there would be a conflict though, IPs are assigned through DHCP.
>>
Could anyone post that all in one webm script?
>>
>>64124940
Use your amp. Only use your mixer if you want to permanently alter the sound balance.
>>
>>64133837
so its not just me? i mean it happens with A LOT of sites i assumed it was a browser glitch.

you not experienced this?
>>
File: Screenshot.png (51 KB, 391x432)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
My wireless nic disappears from router's list of connected devices, doesn't return ping yet never really stops working. Logs from wifi activity doesn't show a disconnection event and access to internet is never affected. Why does this happen?
>>
>>64125205
>>
>>64129562
Gnome.
>>
>>64133706
0.0.0.0/1 via 10.8.0.5 dev tun0 
default via 192.168.0.1 dev enp3s0
10.8.0.1 via 10.8.0.5 dev tun0
10.8.0.5 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 10.8.0.6
128.0.0.0/1 via 10.8.0.5 dev tun0
141.89.216.145 via 192.168.0.1 dev enp3s0
169.254.0.0/16 dev enp3s0 scope link metric 1000
192.168.0.0/24 dev enp3s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.103

>>64133738
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: enp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 74:d4:35:fc:99:b8 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.0.103/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global enp3s0
inet6 fe80::76d4:35ff:fefc:99b8/64 scope link
3: tun0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN group default qlen 100
link/none
inet 10.8.0.6 peer 10.8.0.5/32 scope global tun0
inet6 fe80::26fc:bc7e:f51d:d64f/64 scope link flags 800
>>
>>64133916
I get it occasionally, but only on >heterosexual websites. If it was a browser problem, it would happen with every website, and it doesn't (at least, not for me).

>>64133885
If you assign a static IP address to a device, that IP address can still be assigned through DHCP, which would result in two devices having the same IP address, and then one of them wouldn't work. There is a way to stop a router from giving out a specific IP address through DHCP, but I can't remember what it is. You'd probably need to type the router's IP address into your browser and look at the options it gives you.
>>
>>64133752
>create history items as you scroll
Fucking obnoxious behavior. Is there some addon that disables the API call for adding history items except in whitelisted web apps that actually use it to do something useful like going back to the inbox from an email?
>>
>>64128970
There is no catch, just capitalism and gorillion website in both
>>
>>64133980
Thanks, I'm actually already using DHCP for that. The screenshot is form my router options. I haven't assigned the Pi a static IP address, I've told DHCP to reserve a specific address for the Pi (that's why it says 'Permanent' in the screenshot). So what you described should not happen.
>>
File: get_smugged.jpg (109 KB, 949x896)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>64132810
>neu-fag
>>
>>64125962
Is that actually true?
>>
Is it possible to use adb shell to browse around files on my tablet, and then adb push/pull to/from the current working directory directly from the shell? Or do I need to exit the shell first to do it?
>>
>>64133331
>>64133289
Just be careful of certain WD Blacks. Sure they perform well and seem to be reliable, but they also make about as much chatter noise as 90s drives. And they have a "preemptive wear leveling" feature that chatters the head back and forth periodically when the drive is idle, supposedly to keep the lubrication evenly distributed.

If it annoys you when a HDD sounds like it's 1999, stick to Blue, Green or Red, or of course another brand. If the sound doesn't bother you, go ahead. Performance is good and seek times are pretty low as magnetic HDDs go. Just remember the periodic chatter is normal and not a sign of it failing.
>>
Is it OK to keep (rechargeable) batteries in the Xbox controller when you store it for weeks/months?
>>
If my system is shutting down is there any key combination I can press to abort it if I decide at the last second I don't want to?
>>
>>64134111
The batteries will lose their charge, but otherwise it should be okay.
>>
>>64134050
I really doubt it. Hard drives have a boot partition which is different from the Windows partition.
>>
>>64133686
>>64133706
>>64133738
Ok, I "solved" it. Looks like I something up when trying to run OpenVPN on the Raspberry Pi. Disabled the service on the Pi, rebooted everything, and now the internet works again.
Thank you all, anons, without your suggestions it would have taken me hours to find out!
>>
>>64126331
pls respond
>>
>>64124788
I just found, that for me it is simpler to install programs in Ubuntu using console, not their app-store.
ctrl+alt+t
sudo apt-get install gimp

vs
Open gnomeshit, type in GIMP, click much buttons

Am I gay? Am I Linux fag? I switched one week ago.
And what other neat command I should know?
>>
>use netgear wifi adapter to get pc to internet
>netgear genie throttles my cpu
Literally 75% usage with genie on, 13% average without, that is with chrome, spotify, steam, gog and a ps2 emulator running with both

I obviously need genie to work with my shitty netgear usb thing, unless there's an alternative? Biting the bullet on payday and just getting a card for my mobo. 2 questions
>what card
and in the meantime
>alt to netgear genie?
Pls
>>
Is it a bad idea to have wireless ADB enabled on my tablet? I find it a convenient way to be able to transfer files over without needing to pick it up or ruin the battery (having a FTP server running off it definitely decreased battery life)

Though I enable/disable it as needed from my PC so it's not on all the time, but assuming I forget some day and leave it on for a while what's the worst that can happen? An attacker would need to be in my home wifi anyway wouldn't they? I guess I can set up to automatically disable it when I connect to someone else's wifi just in case.
>>
Has hiroshimoot made javascript virus to install shitcoin miners to intel cpus yet?
>>
Does the 24 pin cable power all the case things connected to the motherboard? Fans, leds etc
>>
>>64134455
Literally everything connected to the board
>>
File: monitor.jpg (1.65 MB, 3264x2448)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
anyone know what monitor this is?
>>
>>64134493
dell
>>
File: 1467147938145.gif (22 KB, 300x250)
22 KB
22 KB GIF
i need someone smart to answer me
so i'm playing on pixelcanvas.io and there's that cooldown thing. so of course i try my dynamic ip trick but bump into a problem. somehow that site remembers my browser. (the IP change works if i use multiple browsers)
i tried cleaning history, private mode, clearing cache, temps etc etc but nothing worked. how does that site know who am i?
>>
>>64134493
It's a Dell.
>>
File: patrick.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Is mayonaise a cpu?
>>
Is there a YouTube comment hider extension?
>>
whit all the intel cancer should i buy a AMD Ryzen 7 1700X or wait until the shit storm actually happens?
>>
>>64134518
yes, you just don't scroll down, it's that easy
>>
File: Preview.png (23 KB, 772x303)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>64134518
https://www.tannr.com/herp-derp-youtube-comments/
>>
>>64134540
Google already confirmed that amd and arm cpus are affected as well.
Build a dos machine that doesn't need any gpu and cpu.
>>
>>64134566
>it actually makes the talk more intelligent
>>
I can't find it in the archive, but last month, I asked for help regarding the software "Everything".

How do I search for a specific keyword in certain folders in a hard drive?
>>
>>64134583
thanks for the tip, will do this right away
>>
>>64134608
mlocate
>>
>>64134326
Congratulations, that's the first step to becoming more proficient with the terminal and becoming a neckbeard like the rest of /g/. You can actually leave out the 'get', just use
sudo apt install gimp
. If you're not sure how a packet is called, you can search for it with
apt search "image manipulation"
If you are not sure how to use a command, type
man whatever
. This will open the manual.
You could then start using the terminal instead of the graphical file manager. Use cd to change directories, mv to move/rename files, cp to copy files and rm to remove files. Instead of typing a file name, it is often faster to type the first few characters of the name and then press TAB to autocomplete.
If you get lost or are afraid to fuck things up in the terminal, you can open the graphical file manager with
nautilus .
The period means "the current directory".
The top command is Linux's task manager. You can use it to see what process is hogging your memory or CPU and to kill it.
Check the Ubuntu wiki for more in-depth information https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal
>>
>>64134623
Everything is a tool on Windows.
>>
>>64134621
make sure that your dosbox meets at least TEMPEST standards
>>
>>64134627
Thanks.
>>
>>64134518
You could block the ytd-comments element with a custom filter in your adblocker
>>
>>64134518
why would you need that?
like, literally just don't look
>>
>>64134608
pls someone
>>
what's all this intel ruckus about?
>>
What programming language should I learn if I want to make a JRPG based on my cat?
>>
is there a fast way to identify what services or startup programs are causing bsod? without going through everything manually
>>
>>64135819
Might be in event viewer
>>
>>64124788
I am moving to a cold place in a week. (Think 2-5 degrees celsius).

Does anyone know of special care I must take in terms of condensation inside my laptop when moving a hot computer outside and then inside again?
>>
how can I become a good person
>>
>>64124788
Where should I get MTK?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.