[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tux.jpg (239 KB, 640x480)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Old thread: >>64280121
/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Your friendly neighborhood search engine.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

>What distro should I choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
>What are some cool programs?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
>What are some cool terminal commands?
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://bropages.org/
>Where can I learn the command line?
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/796840

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy
>>
File: smgl.png (16 KB, 327x192)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Wizards assemble !

Advanced users of GNU/Linux (and I mean advanced), remember to try Source Mage GNU/Linux. True source-based distribution, and (in contrast with Gentoo and Arch) is:
Free from obfuscated and pre-configured code.
Fully committed to GPL, uses only free software (as in freedom) in their main package.
With even the documentation licensed as FDL.
Without 3rd party patches, sensible defaults or masked packages.
Doesn't need obfuscated python libraries, only bash.
Use clean dependencies as they came from upstream developers, which by the same provides instant updates.
Can heal broken installs.
Can also use flags.

Do you like Arch Linux's AUR? Do you like Gentoo's portage (or ports-like) package manager? With SMGL's "sorcery" you get all that. Making new spells (packages) not found in the grimoire (repository) is easy http://sourcemage.org/Spell/Book

Basic Source Mage GNU/Linux installation https://pastebin.com/HKBAEZcL
Improvised Source Mage GNU/Linux guide https://pastebin.com/fs1ihsbc
>>
Is it safe to run docker as sudo? Or should I make new group for it?
>>
>>64293572
Role playing this hard
>>
im installing gentoo for the first time on an old laptop and im up to configuring the kernel, but im confused as to what sort of things should be compiled into the kernel and what should be loaded as a module -- any help?

also if i mess this up and forget a module or something that i need is it as easy as booting back into the livecd and mounting/chrooting the install and doing it again or do i have to start over?
should i just use genkernel instead of doing it manually?
>>
why when I boot up linux does it give a red message about sysv, on fedora
>>
>>64293810
Most drivers can be loaded from files. The only ones that really need to built in is what is required to bring up your system to the point where it can load modules from disk.

The important one to remember is your root filesystem(e.g. ext4) must be built into the kernel if you don't use an initramfs, without that driver it can't read the disk to load more modules.

If you use an initramfs you need support for that built into the kernel, then initrd can load your ext4 driver module. Unlike ext4 I don't think this one even gives you the option to build as a module.
>>
>>64293810
also yeah, if you mess up you can chroot back into your system to fix it.
>>
>>64293700

What permissions does the user "sudo" have?
>>
>>64293548
Jesus fucking Christ I wanna punch him in the face.
>>
>>64294152
That sounds quite harmful.
>>
>>64294171
Too bad I'll never be able to.
>>
What's the sanest way to encrypt an external hard drive?
>>
>>64294351
luks
>>
>>64294371
I'll look forward into it, thanks.
>>
>>64294399
you mean you'll luks forward to it
>>
>>64293937
>>64293945
got it, thanks
>>
File: serveimage(9).jpg (558 KB, 1056x1297)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
Anyone is using icecat here?
I'm trying to compile it but I get error message that pango is missing, but I have it...
openSUSE
>>
>>64294351
LUKS or VeraCrypt if you want to use it on other platforms.
>>
I want to use Linux instead of Win10
Which distro should I use?

Ubuntu or LinuxMint?

Which desktop environment?
Personally i like KDE Plasma and Gnome.

Should be user-friendly because im a fucking noob
>>
>>64294960
mint is pretty good but id recommend ubuntu because its packages are more up to date
...unless you want to use the cinnamon DE, in which case mint is probably the better choice since cinnamon is the brainchild of the mint devs and it was made for mint originally

id recommend cinnamon as the DE - it feels the most 'at home' to people coming from windows in my experience - but kde and xfce are good picks too.
xfce is a bit more barebones than kde and cinnamon but it performs really well and doesnt use much system resources, its also really modular and lets you swap out the WM and compositor really easily. i personally dont like kde at all but lots of people swear by it
ubuntu has official xfce and kde "flavours" called xubuntu and kubuntu respectively, but as far as i know it doesnt have an official cinnamon flavour (which is why i recommend mint if you want cinnamon)

both distros are just as user-friendly as each other, they are both distros that just work

honestly your best bet is to download both and install them on a VM and have a play with the DEs for yourself and make your own choice
>>
>>64294960
>>64295317
also people might tell you to not bother with mint and just install cinnamon on ubuntu if you want cinnamon but since you're a complete newbie its a lot easier just to get a distro with the DE you want preinstalled and preconfigured rather than getting a distro with some other DE, faffing about removing it and all its related packages, then installing and configuring the DE you want
>>
Does user-friendly linux with normal UI even exist?
inb4: config.conf is not the normal UI for desktop
>>
>>64295406
what do you mean by normal ui? all of the popular DEs apart from gnome are normal uis...
>>
>>64295424
So, you say, that KDE is ok?
>>
>>64295444
its not my favourite by a long shot but it seems pretty normal and user-friendly to me
>>
So, I decided to try GNU/Linux, because shitty Intel CPUs are buggy, and Windows updating majority of time, not working....

But which distribution should I try first? Tell me about these:
>Ubuntu
Debian for retards, right?
>Debian
Ubuntu for not-retarded persons?
>Arch
Do it yourself?
>Gentoo
Compile it yourself?
>Fedora
Free beta-tester for RedHat?
>openSUSE
What is it?
>Void
WTF is it?
>>
Is there a ricing script for Arch?
>>
>>64295590
>Ubuntu
16.04 and below is pretty decent, not a lightweight distro though
>Debian
Most sensible choice for most users, the testing version that is.
Not very hard to install now that there is a gui installer and discs with non-free firmware for wifi cards.
>Arch
Bloated unstable bullshit that breaks most of the time
>Gentoo
For squeezing that extra performance out of an old system or getting the most utmost customization out of your system.
Best systemd-free distro imo.
>Fedora
Last time i used it was quite buggy and slow, also might have a redhat botnet
>openSUSE
for for servers and cloud as they got excellent features like live kernel updates so you can update/patch the kernel without rebooting.
Not a good desktop distro though because of bloat.
>Void
Another popular systemd-free distro however it uses binary packages unlike gentoo.
Quite a nice distro actually, doesn't have a lot of packages though and uses a very odd init system.
>>
>>64295670
LARBS
>>
>>64295670
No, if you're ricing for internet points end your life, ricing is supposed to be personalize the shit out of your graphical enviroment to make it fit your needs, not about i3+loli, that's why those threads get purged for a while every now and then.
>>
How it takes to compile whole Linux kernel on Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz?
>>
>>64295847
Id say about 30 minutes, 15 if you compile the bare minimum needed for your system.
>>
File: linus-1.jpg (66 KB, 900x750)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>64293548
Which GNU/Linux distro does he use?
>>
Is Xubuntu a harmful distro?
>>
File: linus-0.jpg (10 KB, 175x239)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>64295949
Wrong Linus. I meant this one
>>
>>64295958
Xubuntu is OK.
XFCE is the best DE in fact, because it doesn't have gimmicks, and yet it doesn't look like shit if properly riced.
>>
>>64295958
Not but it is very unsupported and lackluster.
>>
>>64295972
Thanks! What do you mean by "properly riced?"

>>64295981
Unsupported? In what regards?
>>
Aaaaaand emerge failed again, i guess im too stupid for gen2. Back to arch ;_;
>>
>>64295988
>"properly riced?"
Stock theme looks like it is from 2002...
Some people recommend
Arc-theme
, but I found myself more comfortable with stock one...
>>
I'm tired of fixing arch and want to move over to another distro. I was thinking debian testing since we use debian at work and I want some of the latest and greatest. What's a distro that just werks?
>>
>>64295949
>>64295959
he uses fedora
>>
>>64296037
Xubuntu
>>
>>64295847
compiling my kernel now on a core 2 duo 1.6ghz, ill report back soon
i dont have every module enabled though, just the ones i think i will need
>>
>>64296037
Xubuntu, Lubuntu...
They just werk
>>
>>64296037
If you use debian at work then pick one of deb based distros for desktop. I would recommend debian testing or ubuntu (personally I prefer ubuntu mate or kubuntu).
Also you can install ubuntu from netinst iso like you would probably do with debian.
>>
>>64295847
Genkernel/allyesconfig/allmodconfig: give up
Defconfig or a kernel set up for one machine: under an hour
>>
>>64294556
>openSUSE
Why not just use the binaries provided by FSF?
>>
apt, apt-get, aptitude....

Fight!
>>
>>64296250
emerge
>>
>>64296298
No
>>
>>64296250
isnt apt just another frontend for the apt-* commands? i was under the impression they were the exact same thing

>>64296298
this
>>
>>64296310
You should go back, you'll be happier
>>
>>64296347
No
>>
>>64296037
>What's a distro that just werks?
Arch
>>
>>64296212

Is debian testing a pita to keep working? I dig the minimalist approach to Linux but I know hate how everything breaks
>>
How do I change my lockscreen in cinnamon? I found a weird solution where I link xscreensaver to cinnamon-screensave-command to replace it, but that doesn't seem like a clean solution to me. I'd like the screensaver to use my lightdm greeter if possible, invoked by the command 'dm-tool lock'. Is this possible somehow?
>>
>>64296409

My broken system says otherwise
>>
>>64296467
debian testing is stable
debian isnt minimalist. netinst is close i guess but systemd is bloat
>>
>>64296513
Your fault.
>>
>>64296467
Debian testing is ok for daily use. Debian sid is something that you should avoid because it breaks frequently.
Let me give you a concept of debian tree:
- sid - packages end up here after release
- testing - they pass tests in sid and goes here, somewhat stable and ready to go
- stable - stuff just works, ready for production services
>>
>>64295847
>>64296155
it took 35 minutes to compile on the 1.6ghz core2duo
>>
>>64296645
>Debian sid is something that you should avoid because it breaks frequently.
sid user here, that's my friend is bullshit.
>>
File: 92d.jpg (5 KB, 211x239)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>64296645
>sid - packages end up here after release
Except that's wrong. packages get into "experimental" and after some testing from there, they make it into sid.

pic related, (You) when making that post.
>>
>>64296677
>>64296705
Oh, I meant experimental, I forgot about that, sorry.
>>64296467
Avoid experimental. Sid is ok if you know what are you doing.
>>
How the fuck do I get dual monitors to work properly in Arch? I installed Antergos which worked on both my laptop's display and an external display just fine (after running xrandr). Then I started to notice screen tearing, so I looked into installing some nvidia drivers. I used the nvidia-installer script in the Antergos repo, rebooted, and now it sees the external display but not my laptop display. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers, and now my Intel (mesa driver) wasn't showing my laptop display either. I decided that one working display is fine for now, so I reran the nvidia installer script. I'm trying to troubleshoot this, but there is not xorg.conf, only xorg.conf.d and an nvidia.conf inside. Where the fuck do I even begin with this? I'm using kde5 plasma if that matters
>>
>>64297027
Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux!
>>
>>64297027
>nvidia
GFY. Do not use the N word in /fglt/. You're not welcome here.
>>
>>64297063
I'm using a ThinkPad, blame Lenovo not me
>>
>>64297063
>You're not welcome here.
We are an inclusive community here, please stop spreading toxicity.
>>
>>64297098
STFU, talking about nVidia is absolutely not friendly. Buying nVidia is giving money to the enemies, and traitors are traitors. A slave got a nVidia card, and got pb with GNU/Linux. It's the slave fault, the freemen OS doesn't have to support slave.
>>
>>64297140
You aren't being very friendly right now...
>>
>>64297173
Being "friendly" with your enemy is not friendly, it's stupid.
>>
>>64297232
>being friendly isn't friendly
You can be friendly with your "enemy".
>>
>>64297249
GFY
>>
>>64297263
You are very hostile. I'm trying to be friendly to you but you make it very difficult.
>>
How do i change that weird gradient behind the toolbar?
Kubuntu 16.04 btw.
>>
>>64297283
nVidia word should be banned on that thread. It's a free men thread, slaves, and those who support them, are not welcome.
>>
>>64297327
Free men are allowed to use whatever GPU they want, not just the one you approve of.
>>
>>64297338
STFU filthy slave.
>>
>>64297355
You are trying my patience.
>>
>>64297380
bla bla bla
>>
>>64297284

Try different LO backends like the GTK3 one.
>>
does xfce come with a browser?? I literally just installed xfce on a fresh install and have no browser installed
>>
>>64297414
I don't know what that means
>>
>>64297509
No it does not
>>
>>64297522
thanks
also any way to make xfce not look like it's from the 90s?
>>
File: 1513263556915.jpg (72 KB, 1057x800)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>64297056
>>64297063
>>64297140
>>64297173
>>64297232
>>64297249
>>64297263
>>64297283
>>64297098
>>64297327
>>64297338
>>64297355
>>64297380
>>64297399
After following the advice someone gave for my exact problem, for my exact model ThinkPad, I somehow managed to break things even more. Now I can only use terminal on my laptop display by pressing ctrl+alt+f2 on startup. HAHA IM HAVING FUN
>>
>>64297578
https://www.xfce-look.org/
https://www.gnome-look.org/
>>
Is 3d acceleration really something impossible on Nouveau?

I'm running void linux and this shitty nouveau drivers can't even run a visual novel without dropping fps. Why is nouveau so fucking bad?
>>
File: 1476648950397.jpg (70 KB, 400x400)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>xfce last updated February of 2015
Why?
>>
>>64297602

Nvidiva external displays are broken on arch. I think the only way to make things work is use integrated
>>
I'm an artist that is sick of windows and considering a move to Linux. All my software has native Linux versions except for Zbrush, which is crucial to my workflow and livelihood. From what research I have done it does not appear that Zbrush can be made to run natively on Linux through Wine. Would running Zbrush through a VM be ok? or would performance degrade too seriously for professional work?
>>
>>64297954
Hmm, I think if you render stuff from Zbrush that uses the GPU. I fear performance will be significantly decreased unless you use GPU pass through with an extra GPU.
>>
>>64297954
Yes, usually VR graphics performance sucks. However, you can set up something called PCIe passthrough on KVM (Qemu) and some other VMs (I think VMWare and Xen). It requires two GPUs, one of which can be integrated. It's not easy to achieve, though. Another option is enabling the experimental Intel GPU virtualization stuff in the kernel and researching how to set it up.
>>
I think my neighbor may be a terrorists from pakistan, so I want to start capturing his packets to analyze. My plan for now is to just use Kali because of the tools it comes with. Is there a better distro I can use?
>>
>>64298107
Meant "VM", not "VR", oops.
>>
I am having some trouble making a launcher. I think it is because I am using piping to launch the script.
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Icon[en_US]=city
Name[en_US]=Cities Skylines
Exec=/home/spaghetti/Documents/Downloads/Games/Cities.Skylines.Linux-ACTiVATED/Cities.Skylines && /run_game.sh
Name=Cities Skylines
Icon=city
>>
Is anyone familiar with a screenshot tool that can take screenshots and do simple edits, like invert colors and turn to grayscale in bulk, like Shutter does?
>>
>>64298165

Maybe /bin/bash -c "<INSERT SCRIPT>" would work
>>
>>64293715
kek
>>
>>64294556
On Debian the compilation wasn't working for me for some reason so I just installed the pre-made one
>>
>>64297516

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN
>>
>>64293572
Trying to watch Hulu on chrome, does it only work on firefox or is it possible to make it work without NPPAPI?
>>
File: 1500955012622.png (137 KB, 265x403)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Finally setup my install exactly as I like it, theme and all (Papirus icon with Adapta GTK). Life is good lads, life is good!
>>
Once I press Debian in GRUB, I get a black console screen that just says
FAILED: Failed Network Time Synchronization
and then restarts "network time sync" over and over and every time it fails and then restarts and continues doing that. What do I do?
>>
Trying to watch Hulu on chrome, does it only work on firefox or is it possible to make it work without NPPAPI?
>>
>>64298533
>A start job is running for Network Time Synchronization (x min x sec/4min 30sec
>>
>>64298048
Zbrush is an odd bird in that it doesn't use the gpu for anything, it's all cpu and everything is multi-threaded. It seems on paper Zbrush seems ideal for running in a VM, I just haven't run into anyone doing it yet and I don't know why that is.
>>
>>64293572
> only bash
cool, too bad that bash is disgusting. why can't someone create a distro that works with rc shell by default?
>>
How come my audio via displayport isn't working on Debian w/ xfce? On Pulseaudio all of the Displayport/HDMI options say "unplugged". I'm using the amdgpu driver.
>>
>>64298603
Well in that case give it a shot. You can be the first to try it!
>>
>>64298763
Also it works on Windows so I know it's not a problem with the monitor itself.
>>
How do I set xterm fonts?
I downloaded an OpenType one and copied it to the respective folder I created for it.
Font-manager shows it but xfontsel does not, how do I configure this?
>>
lscpu vs cat /proc/cpuinfo
lsblk vs cat /proc/partitions
>>
File: 1515429588454_0.png (877 KB, 1600x1448)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
>>64294511
Oh, you!
>>
>>64298533
>>64298556
Please someone
I've reinstalled Debian, I've changed Windows to UTC. I am going fucking insane
>>
cat proc for more detailed info

lsblk for a more visually appealing output, in my humble opinion
>>
>>64297632
>Why is nouveau so fucking bad?
because reverse-engineering is hard. blame nvidia for not making their drivers open
you basically have to use the proprietary driver for anything even semi-serious with an nvidia gpu
>>
>>64298921
To what extent is reverse engineering even legal? Is it okay to look at the disassembly of proprietary stuff?
>>
>>64298114
have you tried just sending an anonymous tip to the fbi
>>
>>64298842
on .Xresources

google it
>>
Is Fedora botnet?
>>
>>64298114
install pentoo
>>
>>64298921
What about the AMD drivers? are they decent?
>>
>>64298944
>To what extent is reverse engineering even legal? Is it okay to look at the disassembly of proprietary stuff?
In Europa it's absolutely legal if you do it for interoperability.
>>
>>64298956
no but it's unstable redhat cuckware
you are their guinea pigs
>>
>>64298967
I use built in radeon module, I think it is called radeonsi. It works perfectly. Same perf in opengl games as on Windows with the proprietary drivers. No issues with the APU+dedicated gpu setup on my laptop either.
Actually there are multiple drivers for AMD/ATI. Older GPUs should use the radeon drivers, and newer should use AMDGPU.
>>
>>64298956
its red hat so possibly
but probably not
but still dont use it anyway because you're basically beta testing rhel for free. there are much better distros
>>
File: DSCF2372.resized.jpg (428 KB, 800x600)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>64293548
>black clothes
>big brows
>Thinkpad
>creepy rapist grin
>long black hair

Holy shit-cocks, That guy is basically me!

Should I be worried?
>>
>>64298967
ive heard that amd's drivers for linux are much better than nvidia's but i only have an nvidia gpu because i havent bought any new components in a long time, so i cant say from personal experience
>>
does xfce have a network manager installed by default? if not, which one should I install? I'm on a laptop btw so I'll need to switch wifi pretty often
>>
>>64299160
Yes it does. Typically NetworkManager.
>>
>>64299065
Considering what happened to him, yes.
>>
>my fucking bios can read hardware temps
>linux is unable to
>>
>>64298533
If you can't even get into Debian to run commands try booting to bash. Add init=/bin/bash to the kernel command line in grub. More detailed instructions in arch wiki. Not sure what to try once you are in though apart from ntpdate-debian.
>>
>>64299508
>lm_sensors
>>
>>64299468
>what happened to him
What happened to him
>>
>>64294556
Opensuse is garbage.
t. Tried both Leap and Tumbleweed, on amd64 and aarch64.
>>
>>64299602
>Opensuse is garbage.
+1
>>
>>64299584
After years of mental illness he became an hero. It's Uriel BTW.
>>
Is CloverOS worth a try? Do programs like clipgrab and telegram work on it?
>>
>>64299877
>Is CloverOS worth a try?
if you have to ask...
>>
>>64298763
you need either linux 4.15 and amdgpu.dc=1 kernel parameter or AMDGPU PRO for HDMI/DP udio on amdgpu
>>
I'm on arch and I cannot seem to figure out how to setup my fstab so that all my drives are rw.
they are all ntfs 3-g, and the only thing i have set for options is "defaults". According to the archwiki and everywhere else I look, this should include the rw option, but when I try to make a folder or file on any of these drives it tells me "Read-only file system".

Am i doing something wrong? I really don't understand what to change here.
here's an example of what I have for one of my drives
# /dev/sdb1
UUID=numbers /mnt/SSD ntfs-3g defaults 0 0
>>
>>64299933
What is your answer?
I'm kinda new to linux using Ubuntu but it sucks.
>>
>>64300047
Your Windows didn't shut down cleanly. ntfs-3g won't mount a partition rw if a hiberfile exists.
>>
>>64300092
if you have to ask, the answer is no
>>
>>64300100
thanks anon you were right. I forgot to disable fast startup in windows.
>>
Where do i go to acess the mounted device if i used this method of automounting? and why is automounting advised against? (i asked this at /glmg and yet to get a response)
http://hakerdefo.blogspot.com.eg/2014/06/how-to-automount-usb-drives-and-memory_3.html
>>
>>64300191
Read the script, its very apparent where they are being mounted too.
>>
>>64300191
Automounting is evil because you can stick a setuid binary on removable media and get root, or trigger other dangerous behavior.
>>
>>64300013
>linux 4.15
how soon will the Debian Testing repos get this? or is there some way to manually update to it?
>amdgpu.dc=1 kernel parameter
how do I set this?
>AMDGPU PRO for HDMI/DP audio on amdgpu
I'm using the open source amdgpu right now so I'd rather just wait for 4.15 than change to the proprietary one
>>
what is this and how do I make it go away?
>>
>>64300580
Download your own sources and build it yourself.
>>
>>64300638
snap applications, bothers me too since i like to keep my partition table clean. but that's how they are doing containerization i guess.
>>
>>64300218
You are thinking of autorun.
>>
>>64300746
Sorry I've never done this before, would it be buggy or mess anything up if I were to build it since it's still an experimental kernel? And how soon do you think it would have an official release on Debian Testing?
>>
>>64300803
It won't hit Testing for another month. Of course it could be buggy, it's a prerelease kernel.
>>
>>64300832
Hm, I think I can wait a month and just use my headphones for now. That isn't too long from now.

Thanks
>>
>>64300749
>snap applications
what is that? I understand it's some kind of containerization, but I don't remember using one. I just want to know which app is causing this
>>
>>64299877
just install regular gentoo. cloveros is just a meme fork of gentoo
>>
>>64300873
since canonical is developing the tech and pushing it, my guess is you have ubuntu or a derivative and it was used in the background somewhere.
>>
>>64300092
what do you think sucks about it?

how new are you? if its just the UI you can just install a new DE and remove the old one, you dont need to install a whole new os
>>
>>64300884
I need a babby gui for install.

>>64300908
Wayland makes my mouse not click anymore, gnome is laggy, xorg makes my vlc go apeshit.
>>
>>64300904
Ubuntu 16.04. Damn. It frustrates me because I don't know which app is causing this. I think it appeared when I tried to install Brave browser from ubuntus app store. I uninstalled that shit, but only one of two of those dev/loop*'s disappeared
>>
>>64296104
[citation needed]
>>
>>64296250
dnf
>>
>>64300969
lsof /snap/core/3748
>>
>>64301045
it deosn't output anything, huh
>>
>>64300950
have you tried deleting gnome and installing a better DE?
>>
>>64301093
sudo umount /snap/core/3748
>>
File: 1478387805976.png (51 KB, 733x620)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>64299638

Just him up and fuck I'm freaking out at the similarities between me and him;
>Spaniards
>picky about software
>suicidal
>use the word "harmful" a lot
>libertarian

I wonder if we're family.

Anyway, back OT how do I build software on Debian/Ubuntu? I have Xubuntu 16.04 and downloaded ungoogled-chrome to replace pale moon but I'm such a brainlet about it.

I wanna wean myself of babby-shit like using the package-manager and learn installing software the hard way
>>
>>64301110
I'm gonna read up on that, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>64301132
>>I wanna wean myself of babby-shit like using the package-manager and learn installing software the hard way
why you fucking freak
why do you want to make things harder for yourself for absolutely no benefit
>>
>>64301132
If you don't want to use a package manager then why are you using anything other than Slackware?
>>
>>64301354
I don't know what is up with /g/ but doing things the hard way is not always or even most of the time a virtue. There's a very good reason package managers were invented and are used.
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78 KB, 282x300)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
why do businesses need specialized distros like red hat and suse
>>
>>64301836
support
>>
>>64301884
What support can RedHat give that is so valuable?
>>
>>64302302
Paid support of a sysadmin who is paid to know RHEL inside and out.
>>
>>64302302
they do a lot more than ricing and copy pasting configs.
>>
>>64302331
He sounds pretty hardcore.
>>
File: sed 11q.png (2.19 MB, 1440x1681)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>64294152
Why? I actually really like that uriel image.
>>
File: hat.jpg (154 KB, 1365x1362)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>64302371
I also have this one.
>>
>>64302371
>>64302385
>>64293548
Who was this guy
Why did he neck himself
>>
File: windows3-icons.jpg (69 KB, 600x250)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Are there any slightly new, origina, icon themes that you would describe as having an "office look"?
All I can find that seem to fit the style are remakes of old windows/mac icons or themes that are saved in PNG format with tiny icons that look blurry when scaled up.

Please nothing "glossy", "flat", or overly artistic/photorealistic, just some cute icons designed to look like objects or office materials.
>>
>>64302555
some cat-v autist that killed himself when he realized that life is considered harmful.
>>
>>64297636
cause lxde
>>
How does one enable LTO in chromium?
>>
Hey, I got two questions about distributions on the Raspberry Pi

1. Should I use Raspbian, Ubuntu Mate, or something else?

2. Would there be a difference if I were to install the full Raspbian or Raspbian Lite and install LXDE manually? I'm trying to get the most out of the performance on it while still using a DE.
>>
>>64302889
Raspbian is made/optimized for the pi raspberry hardware.
LXDE is just a DE/WM it has nothing to do with the distrro
>>
File: 1514295202659.png (455 KB, 1070x601)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
How can I list history of mounted CD/DVDs on ubuntu? Like, to see names of the CD/DVDs that were put into the drive? Is that possible?
>>
>>64302889
First of all, what are you going to be using it for?
>>
>>64302954
I don't have CD drive on my laptop but just insert a CD then check the latest journalctl entries and use that information to search the journal.
>>
How in the fuck do I change my sampling rate? (Linux mint)
>>
>>64302935
I'm pretty sure the regular Raspbian comes with LXDE but Raspbian Lite doesn't come with a DE, that's why I'm asking.
>>64302969
Giving it to my mom just for browsing the web and stuff because my Pi is just sitting in my drawer right now and her current laptop's USB ports are all fucked up. If Ubuntu Mate is slightly more advanced than Raspbian that's fine because I can help her set it up.
>>
>>64293548
rip
>>
>>64301132
I would get to build chromium you would follow the project instructions. A shortcut to get the build dependencies is apt build-dep chromium
Not an easy project to start with though.
>>
>>64298773
thanks for the encouragement! last *nix OS I used was Irix on SGI's, all this VM shit is new to me. It's intimidating but it will be worth it to be done with MS.
>>
Okay, any video player available with VR support (HTC VIVE) for GNU/Linux? Preferably if it works with SteamVR, thanks.
>>
>>64303324
You should be fine with VirtualBox. It's very easier to use.
>>
Evens and I wipe my W10 install and move to loonix full time
>>
>>64303731
odds, and I over rule your post
>>
>>64299521
im about to just change distros or some shit
this is outrageous
>>
>>64303759
Arch welcomes you
>>
File: 1503773051928.png (167 KB, 290x265)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>64303735
>>
>endless ricing and customization options
>everyone just makes OSX and Android copycat themes

why.jpg
>>
>>64303793
also, why can't i get a (partially) transparent terminal with weyland?
>>
>>64303825
Because it's not mature enough yet.
I'd stick to X for now.
>>
>>64303825
>more like long'way'to'go'land
>>
>>64303832
>>64303872
good to know it's not because i'm a fucken noob that can't set it up
>>
File: im-retarded.gif (2 MB, 240x180)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
Retard here, I'm having trouble installing debian testing on a w530. Issue is that it loads "pixel garbage" to the top portion of the screen when it boots into linux. Grub though shows up fine. I've tried setting some param in Grub like gfxpayload=text, fb=false, and vga=1 but nothing. Do you anons know here to point me?
>>
Does FF57 keep stuttering sometimes for anyone else? When I first start it up it's fine, but after a few hours it starts to freeze for about a full second every 10 seconds or so. It's really fucking annoying. All I have open is like 3-4 4chan tabs and occasionally youtube. This makes no sense.
Never had problems like this before 57.
>>
>>64304251
Check if hw acceleration is on
If azurecanvasacclerrated is set to 1
>>
>>64304275
Thanks. I don't seem to have any azure.canvas.accelerated but I did have azure.canvas.backends which was set to "skia". Hard to tell but from what I could find I'm guessing this is what I want it to be on?
Anyway, I also found layers.acceleration.force-enabled and set that to true, so we'll see if that helps.
>>
>>64304395
Add azure.canvas.acceelerated as a boolean option and set it to true aswell
>>
>>64304417
Ah ok, thanks.
>>
>>64296705
I'm a bit late but it should be pointed out that not every maintainer uses experimental branch. However, if you have apt-listbugs installed, there's still really not much to worry about as long you're paying attention during a sudo apt upgrade. It will tell you about major bugs and ask if you want to hold the upgrades off.
>>
>>64303777
>>64303735
>>64303731
It is done.
I have yet to figure out how to properly access my other drives, or how to make DWM send windows to the other monitor.
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 933x199)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Hey there folks
I have a little bit of experience with Linux systems, but I'm definitely no superuser. I'm trying to set up a server program that I wrote as a service on an Ubuntu lightsail box that I have, and I'm having a bit of trouble.
I'm using the following to try and make the program register as a service, and auto-start on reboot.
chmod +x ./RunPushServer.sh
cp ./RunPushServer.sh /etc/init.d/RunPushServer.sh
update-rc.d RunPushServer.sh start

Additionally, I added the following to my visudo to make the binary executed from the shell script (with mono) owned by a privileged user in an attempt to make it function after it failed to launch with no error message:
push_notification_user ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/PushNotificationServer/PushNotificationServer.exe

Unfortunately, when I attempt to start this service, I get pic related.
I'm not finding anything on this online. What should I try? How can I get more information that might help me solve the issue?
I'd be more than willing to share any/all of the files involved in this, thankfully none of it is even remotely closed source.
>>
I've got a problem with KDE Marble. I can see my location with GPS but when I zoom in beyond a certain point the marker disappears. I have it set to show a track and that also doesn't work. I tried using google earth but the GPS doesn't even work, it says it's reading /dev/ttyS0 but it doesn't show anything beyond that.
>>
>>64304726
They should show up in Other Locations
>>
Is there any sign at all of Firefox having KDialog support in the future?
>>
>>64304813
>203/EXEC
Do you have a proper shebang line in your shell script? shells default to /bin/sh when execve() fails, systemd doesn't do that. Don't assume that if you can execute it in your shell that the kernel reconizes the file.

You need that #!
>>
File: 1490753598877.jpg (41 KB, 336x476)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Any bashfag here? I'd appreciate if you tidy this mess up.
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/979974063bae8fa8df25b9252040e4c5/revisions
>>
>>64305344
>su
No.

>cd curl ...
dude what?

I give up.
>>
>>64305377
I am very bad at bash. But I need to do this in order to distribute these packages. plz help
>>
>>64305388
Also, cd curl was a typo
>>
>>64305388
Shouldn't all that shit just be dependencies for your package?
>>
>>64305414
No, it's like a meta package. You only need dmd technically. But these toolchains are somewhat standard.
>>
>>64305073
Never, firefox uses GTK.
>>
>>64305248
This is the shell script.
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Push_Notification_Server
# Short-Description: Server for deploying push notifications to users
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:
# Description: This server serves push notificaitons to asset users
# on port 3010
### END INIT INFO
mono /usr/local/PushNotificationServer/PushNotificationServer.exe -t 10 -url http://+:3010/
>>
>>64305518
right as I posted that I realized the typo in the description, oops
Still wouldn't cause the issue, though.
>>
>>64305482
Chromium also uses GTK and it has KDE file dialog support
>>
>>64305518
Try reading the post you replied to.
>>
>>64305518
You're passing that directly to systemd ExecStart, I don't know the inner workings of systemd but I would assume it's pretty much a execve() call.

You call execve to ask the kernel to execute a file, the kernel doesn't know what to do with that. To have it execute a script with an interpreter, you need that shebang line. It knows how to handle files that start with "#!".

Try adding #!/bin/sh as the first line of your script.
>>
If you guys had some Linux experience but also needed to install something dependable and stable for class on a pretty shitty netbook, just to take notes and maybe watch youtube vids on occasionally, what would you go with?

I was thinking Antergos or Slackware or something. I haven't really tried that many distros. I'd do Arch or Gentoo, but I don't have much time to get this set up and I always heard that Arch by itself was a buggy mess until you finally settle into your installation, but I don't know if that's accurate or just someone blowing smoke in my ear.
>>
>>64305640
If shit works then it works, and it's not going to break when you watch a youtube video one day. Your concern should be with how to upgrade and maintain the distro because that's the part where you might break something. If you want security in that regard then go with something simple.
>>
>>64305589
Sorry anon, when I said that I didn't have an overwhelming amount of experience, I meant it.

I assumed that anon meant the bangs at the beginning of the init info section.

>>64305593
Sorry for initially misunderstanding this!
After being added, I get the following on attempting to run:

ubuntu@ip-172-26-1-152:~/InstallPush/Deploy$ systemctl status RunPushServer.service
‚óŹ RunPushServer.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-01-14 01:24:39 UTC; 4h 19min ago

Jan 14 01:24:39 ip-172-26-1-152 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Server for deploying push notifications to users...
Jan 14 01:24:39 ip-172-26-1-152 systemd[1]: RunPushServer.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=203
Jan 14 01:24:39 ip-172-26-1-152 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Server for deploying push notifications to users.
Jan 14 01:24:39 ip-172-26-1-152 systemd[1]: RunPushServer.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jan 14 01:24:39 ip-172-26-1-152 systemd[1]: RunPushServer.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
ubuntu@ip-172-26-1-152:~/InstallPush/Deploy$

The "Not found" seems to indicate that the shell script think that it's reffing a nonexistent file, but the file is definitely where it expects it to be, since running the script directly functions properly.
>>
Does anybody know of a surefire way to fix audio issues on a laptop with a Cherry Trail processor? I tried the instructions that the Linuxium.au blog offered, but while that did catch and acknowledge the driver, I still hear no actual audio.
>>
Accidentally posted this on the linux minimalism thread:
I tried using debian with gnome as a first experience with linux but I ran across into all sort of problems. Ill give it another chance and now im gonna try xubuntu with openbox. Or should I try kubuntu instead?
Take in count im kin of a brainlet desu
>>
>>64305938
>RunPushServer.service
I'll tell you right now that I have no idea how you use systemd sysv compatibility.

But that "Loaded:" is usually for the systemd unit, not the target executable. In this case your .service file. Also remember to run systemctl daemon-reload after you add/rm/modify unit files.
>>
>>64306098
Yup. Looks like I was getting my wires crossed with reading posts from people explaining both the new system and the legacy layer.
I'm reading another guide right now that deals with actual .service files, so hopefully I'll be able to get it to function.
>>
>>64305640
something upstream, with a netinstall that you can then install whatever shitty we/dm you want that doesn't make your shitty machine slow to a crawl.
>>
>>64306083
What were your problems?
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 831x209)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>64306098
>>64305593

Thanks for the help! Once I found more modern documentation it wasn't too difficult to get functioning.
>>
>>64306071
This might be a dumb question but are you using ALSA, if so did you unmute master?
>>
>>64306122
NetworkManager bugs and problrms with some other utilities
>>
>>64306122
Also is it normal that I cant find shit when teying apt-get ibstall? I tried sudo apt-get install steam but didnt find shit
>>
>>64306222
exxxcellent trips
>>
>>64306253
y-you too
>>
>>64296214
Hey now, I was able to do 64 bit kernel builds on a Pentium D in only a few hours. A C2D is quite doable if you let it sit overnight.
>>
>>64302302
Somebody to blame and scream at when some obscure thing goes wrong at the worst possible moment. Having a vendor to point fingers at prevents sysadmins from getting fired.
>>
Does anyone have any idea how to get URXVT to load powerline fonts? I've gone into my .Xresources and have
URxvt.font: xft:Inconsolata\ for\ Powerline:pixelsize=11
in there. The powerline fonts are installed, I can see them in gnome-terminal just fine. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>64304106
Don't use Testing. Every 0day lasts at minimum two weeks before the fix percolates in from Sid. Use Sid or Stable+backports.
>>
>>64306351
Drop the backslashes.
>>
I tried installing openbox and when I try to login into it the screens just stays blank
>>
>>64306351
You don't need to escape the spaces. It's also probably to just test it with urxvt directly:

$ urxvt -fn 'xft: DejaVu Sans Mono-10

once you get it to work just plug it in Xresources
>>
>>64306378
>>64306394
I dropped the backslashes, so I went ahead and input
urxvt -fn 'xft:Inconsolata for Powerline:size=11'    
into gnome-terminal, it opened urxvt but the font still isn't working. I got some odd errors though: https://pastebin.com/CuUJ952r
>>
i mostly just use my vm for windows stuff, but i actually find ms paint really convenient and want it on linux. how obnoxious is it to port it over with wine?
>>
>>64305344
Is it better now?
https://pastebin.com/mRxMbfL3
>>
File: 480.jpg (23 KB, 640x480)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
sudo dnf install girlfriend
>>
>>64306449
Your urxvt is broken.
>>
>>64301132

Your whole post reeks of a pretentious and edgy 16 year old who thinks he's shit hot while not realizing how retarded he is.
>>
>>64306176

>sudo mono
>>
>>64306784
?
>>
>>64306774
this. try to be less enthusiastic, guy
>>
>>64304813

>update-rc.d
>/etc/init.d/

Are you reading guides from 10 years ago?

>>64306788

Why are you running it with sudo? Systemd can already run your services as a specific user. Together with the thing above it seems that you're just blindly combining shitty, outdated information.
>>
>>64293548
How to Export PNG to GIF with GIMP from terminal? There is gimp batch, gimp-console, gimptool but almost no examples.
>inb4 imagemagick
output gif was almost the same size as the input png
gimp's exported gif was almost half the png
>>
>>64306846

I'm pretty sure imagemagick has options for GIF output which will achieve the same results as GIMP's output.
>>
>>64306449
is your urxvt compiled with xft support? Type
urxvt --help | grep xft
>>
>>64306812
This is, in fact, exactly what I said in this post
>>64306176
>>
>>64306577
>dnf
>using binary distros
>not compiling your gf yourself
>>
Same newfag that was asking on the qutebrowser thread about installing userscripts
(I mean both grace monkey and the bash ones like mpv yt and readability)
>>
>>64306856
apparently it lacks lzw because reasons
>>
Hello,

Bluetooth is working on Ubuntu 17.10 installs, but not on Ubuntu 16.04 installs. Is there a way to update Bluetooth utilities on 16.04 so I could get my mouse to work on KDE Neon, or do I have to resort to Kubuntu 17.10?
>>
I'm looking to get into minimalism. Could I install a distro on a flash drive and work on it from there to learn the basics and have a bootable drive to use anywhere?
>>
>>64307788
yeah I guess
>>
I really want to switch to linux but if something as simple as graphics drivers are missing then how are most people even using it in the first place?
>>
>>64306351
Did you update via xrdb?
>>
>>64307994
by aquiring said drivers and usually following some guide on how to install them

for example, this is for getting nvidia drivers on Fedora to work : https://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/
>>
>>64308132
Can you help me find ati drivers (my exact model is 5850) for ubuntu 16 or 17. I too a lot of time searching for them but couldn't find any lead other than one site stating that some of cards are not supported but was quite vague.
>>
>>64306846
where are the imagemagick magicians

gimp png to gif exports are about 2x-3x in size and lossless (for single colours) which makes them perfect for 4chan screen caps

what imagemagick flags for same result?
>>
>>64308170
xf86-video-ati
mesa
mesa-vdpau

>>64302605
breeze is nice
>>
>>64308239
The drivers can be installed on both versions right?
>>
>>64306222
you have to enable the nonfree repository
>>
>>64307788
you could but it would be slow and shorten the life of your flash drive. its not the best idea
>>
>>64308266
https://packages.ubuntu.com/
avoid 17 use 16 or just try the live isos yourself
>>
how "cutting edge" is gentoo testing branch? is it stable? for comparison would it be closer to say debian testing or debian sid in stability and package newness?
is it worth jumping over completely or is it better to stay on stable and only use testing branch for certain packages?
>>
>>64298410
Sorry I dont watch Hulu.
>>
Should Wine 3.0 rc6 be able to install a x64 MSI file? (for a videogame, Banished)
>>
File: 1515479505892.png (877 KB, 1024x640)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
>>64297284
Use KDE neon or Arch/Gentoo KDE. The rest are shit.
>>
>>64308673
Fedora KDE and Kubuntu are both fine tbfh. Don't push people away from KDE, dickhead. There's already too much irrational KDE hate on here because people think we're still at KDE4.
>>
so I am still pretty fucking wet behind the ears when it comes to gnu/linux but is there any benefit to run a different shell instead of bash, like zsh?
>>
>>64308727
not really, not for a noob, arguably not even for most long-time users
>>
File: 1484554823294.png (171 KB, 664x945)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>64308702
KDE Plasma is released monthly with tons of fixes and features. How will a non-rolling distros keep up? KDE neon maintainer is former Kubuntu maintainer. He has unpopular opinion over the handling of KDE as a fixed release. Also Tembleweed is quite good.
>>
>>64308820
>monthly
I've been using KDE for about a year on Fedora and I've never really cared about updates though they're not unwelcome. It's just that it's been fucking smooth and stable from the start, not a single issue other than a sometimes-laggy taskbar and annoying and obtrusive notifications.
I just don't care about 'keeping up', neither do most people who just want a stable, beautiful DE and want to get things done. KDE really is just beautiful.
>>
is it ok to install debian testing on an ssd or will the constant updates writing to disk reduce the lifespan of the ssd?
>>
File: 1514950415359.jpg (121 KB, 500x1024)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>64308860
To each his own, i guess. But I'm enjoying the Linux/KDE zen moments within my Arch distro confinement.
I don't ever fear bugs because it will be fixed quickly with next update. Bugs are temporary, if at all, to my eyes. I want every KDE users to feel it.
>>
Teamviewer is fucked/hacked, what do I use to connect to Winshit computers to do tech support now?
Even Logmein has gone pay-only
>>
Hello /g/
complete noob here

why do u guys use linux instead of windows?
is it faster? more secure? is it worth it to move from win10 to linux?

really appreciate any helpful answers
>>
>>64309480
because i like freedom and being able to use my device without bloat and crapware installed by pajeets, also i do a lot of programming and it's far more ergonomic on linux, windows programming is too slow and confined to shit like .net
also because linux has the best DE known to man, KDE
yes x 3
>>
Why cant I remove programs through ubuntu software?
>>
No one should hate on KDE until their DE has full scenegraph hardware acceleration and has thumbnail previews in the filepicker.
>>
>>64309480
because i got sick of windows not letting me do what i want to it.
ive had updates that uninstall programs, reinstall things ive deleted, and reset my settings (notably the advertising and tracking).
i also dont like microsoft tracking every little thing i do and shoving advertisements down my throat in my operating system
plus there are some incredibly stupid design decisions or oversights, like having 2 control panels for everything with some settings being mutually exclusive so you cant even ignore the fact that everything has 2 control panels because you still have to use the old one for stuff that isnt in the new one. modern windows overall just feels like instead of updating the ui properly they just made a new one that does the same things and slapped it over the top and left the old ones in place
and cortana. that entire thing is a retarded design decision, its the worst search function i have ever used. why do i need to search bing from my start menu? id rather it be able to actually find what i search for on my computer than having features nobody will ever use

linux is much more intuitive (partly because it doesnt try to obfuscate its workings, partly just because unix is designed better and just makes sense), lets me be in control of my os instead of having to battle against it, free of bloat, and works just as good as windows if not better for everything i do.
i love the choice -- dont like a system component? uninstall it and get a different one; dont like the ui? uninstall it and get a different one.
oh and all of these UIs are better looking (at least with themeing) and more consistent than windows ui
>>
>>64307179
dnf is good
don't bully dnf
>>
I'm on Fedora with GNOME and it just werks. It's beautiful. But I'm finding the software a little limited cos everything is made for debian systems. I want that Debian compatibility I had on Xubuntu.
I tried raw Debian but couldn't figure the Radeon drivers I needed for latest version. The wiki is shit. And the "Muh FOSS or bust" deliberate gimping of the system is very annoying, it's too opinionated.

Can I get an easier just werks Debian install by finding one of the non-free isos or should I just stick to Fedora.
>>
>>64309720
>cos everything is made for debian systems
wut
>>
>>64309720
what software are you missing?
>>
>>64309745
Spotify, Discord, other evil proprietary stuffs

I've not tried .NET Core yet but I get the feeling debian will be supported faster than dnf
>>
>>64309856
>discord
https://github.com/RPM-Outpost/discord

using it myself
>>
>>64309914
Sounds interesting, I'm still new to the whole ecosystem. Discord's own executable didn't work when I tried that
>>
Is there a way to make my cursor software so it can work properly with flux.
>>
thoughts on Fedora? is it botnet?
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>64310713
>>64310713
>>64310713
>>64310713
>>64310713
>>
>>64310523
it's fine, it's not botnet, ubuntu was the only true high-profile linux botnet of recent times, and they even removed the botnet from that
>>
I've used Fedora, it's a great distro. lack of stuff to do though. at least for me. more of a debian or arch guy. but like the other commentator said. it's too unpopular for newcomers or for ppl with too much time on their hands, it's eh.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.