[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1456770314662-fs8.png (11 KB, 714x561)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Post your questions here

Read >>51971506

>search
https://ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >>>/g/sqt

>previous >>65537194

>irc
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump
>>
Is Windows print screen functionality a 100% lossless copy of all the pixels exactly as they appear on the screen? Or can it might be slightly different?
>>
File: good living.jpg (101 KB, 1024x768)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I would like to stream my desktop from my laptop to my television. My laptop only has VGA out, so I can't just connect via hdmi.

The television does support DLNA and I already stream video to it through Kodi, but I want to stream my actual desktop image and browser to the television.

Any suggestions for software? I am running Xubuntu.
>>
How do I check if a SATA cable is USB 3.0?
>>
Posted at >>>/wsr/492163 too:

Is there an extension or userscript for twitch.tv that can look for the "advertisement" or "this ad supports XXX" in the top left corner and automatically mute the sound (and maybe hide the video too) while it's present?
The text is a separate html element and not just a part of the video stream, so it should be possible to do.
>>
I'm getting an SSD soon.

Is there any way I can fiddle with W7 partitions so I can install W7 on the SSD without losing the data stored on the HDD?
>>
I haven't turned my gaming pc on in like two years, just tried too and mobo isn't even lighting up

What could have happened, most likely? PS randomly died?
>>
>>65551648
make a backup first?
>>
>>65551272
It's a copy of some point in the display chain. It is not a copy of the actual output because your computer doesn't have access to that, and not a copy of the closest electrical thing to it because there's such thing as DRM which purposefully bypasses the ability for external software to access it.
>>
What is Windows Server's alternative to SSH?
What is Windows Server's alternative to the CUPS printing service?
>>
I'm new to computer stuff.
My old laptop died and now I want to use the hard drive to store stuff. The hard drive has 3 partitions but I only want one.
What should I do?
>>
In Python, how can I convert a list of decimal integers to either a binary string/list?
>>
My power went out as I was working on a word document. I was able to recover my file and most of my work, but I noticed that the file size was significantly smaller. Any reason why this might be?
>>
My laptop is from 2011 and want to get a new one. I mostly want to use it for browsing, writing, and video editing. On the video editing note, I also want to be able to run OBS and be able to record/stream at a decent resolution. What price range should I be looking at?
>>
Want to make homeserver with NextCloud and somehow connect it to TV. It would be close enough to use any cable if necessary.
What approach should I take to be able to play on TV whatever video file would be on NextCloud? I don't think some nextcloud app for the TV exists and I can't really plug the storage of the server as I would with external hard drive. Maybe set up the TV as scree for the server and just switch the video input?
Or maybe something else than NextCloud?
>>
>>65551926
What is a decimal integer?
>>
What brand motherboard has reliable ram compatibility list for Ryzen? Is ram compatibility even still an issue or has it improved?
>>
>>65551903
do you care about the stuff currently on those partitions? you can reformat it which will destroy everything
or you can delete two of the partitions (losing everything that's in them) and expand the third
>>
GETTING A NEW SSD SO I NEED WINDOWS 10 LTSB ISO NOW
>>
>>65551973
I have a list of numbers like so:
 list = [78, 129, 1, 4191] 
and so on like that. I want to make that list into a single binary list/string.
>>
>>65552018
You can literally download images off MS website
>>
>>65552036
those are eval copies or am I dumb
>>
>>65552028
maybe bytearray?
>>
I'm the anon asking about the amd 3850 for a nas. cpu is pretty cheap but I can't find a cheap motherboard so I'll have to go with intel. is there a way to manually lower tdp? maybe underclocking?
>>
>>65552028

>>> a = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]
>>> map(bin, a)
<map object at 0x7fbd874bb668>
>>> list(map(bin, a))
['0b0', '0b1', '0b10', '0b11', '0b100']

this?
the function bin() converts a decimal to a binary number
>>
Is there a shortcut in mpv to skip the current video and go to the next one in the playlist? I tried page up thinking it might work like chapters but it doesn't.
>>
>>65552070
You mean an X3850?
Lynnfields are pretty power efficient so you shouldn't need to do anything except make sure it's downclocking at idle. You could undervolt it a little but it's not going to make much difference. That makes a difference at full clocks and 100% load since CPUs do push the voltage beyond their good efficiency range to get those extra clocks, but when at idle and and downvolted at ~800MHz it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>65552044
>install windows
>use activator of your choice
>????
>prophet
I know this is sqt but Jesus man
>>
>>65552145
yeah I gave up the very moment I posted the thing. also I started filtering celerons by tdp and I found a nice cheap Celeron 420. it's way easier looking for lga775 motherboard so I think I'll use this cpu for my nas
>>
>>65552044
Just torrent a preactivated version
>>
>>65552070
>>65552145
Wait, I was thinking of the x3450. Don't you know AMD is capitalized?
>AMD 3850. 1.3GHz, 25W
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>65552163
I thought you couldn't activate the evaul copies I guess I'm a retard
>>
>>65552180
issue is I can't find a cheap mobo for that cpu. I'll have to look for a celeron. btw the 420 isn't lga775 but PBGA479
>>
File: brainlets.jpg (68 KB, 1066x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>65552184
we all retards here, friend
>>
Starting a new job tomorrow.

Never worked with Java, GCP, MongoDB, Docker. These are the core technologies the company uses and I'm running into a bit of imposter syndrome and feel like a fraud. Is this normal for younger devs?
>>
>>65552171
TDP is just a measure of maximum power, not idle. You don't need to specifically spec a low TDP part.
>>
Is it better to buy a new laptop with Windows 10 and change the OS myself, or keep looking for a new Windows 7 one?
>>
>>65552230
You might struggle getting some things.to work under Windows 7 if you buy one with 10 installed. Don't expect them to make drivers for windows 7.
>>
>>65552223
yeah it's not directly correlated but it gives you a general idea of the power usage of the cpu. I think my final choice will be Celeron 450 since it's lga775 compatible. what do you think? considering I previously picked an 8350
>>
>>65552215
>Is this normal for younger devs?
It's also normal for older devs.
>>
>>65552250
How about going from 10 to Ubuntu?
>>
>>65552274
Same there, research it first. I know Nvidia is better for Linux than amd because of drivers for example.
>>
>>65552254
LGA 755 isn't known to be particularly low power itself. If you have a mobo already or can pick one up for next to nothing then it's fine, but if you're basically paying the same price as a new low-end system then I'd pass.
>>
>>65552316
I think I have one or two lga775 somewhere already
>>
>>65552291
Nothing wrong with AMD drivers on linux.

>>65552274
What are you afraid of exactly? Just do it. Just be aware that gnome looks and feels pretty shitty, if you're used to windows. I'd pick KDE.
>>
Laptop charging port just died on me, need a new 4chan machine under 800€ that won't shit itself when playing 1080p videos
>>
>>65552382
If that's all you do, you can buy literally any laptop. I'd pick some really cheap one and slap an ssd on it.
>>
>connect pci usb hub
>starts up pc
>all devices connected turn on for a brief second
>turn off and stay non responsive
>not accesible in the OS
>hotplugging does nothing
>restart PC
>first 2 seconds devices like mouse/speaker/keyboard turn on and then off

WHYYY
>>
>>65552358
>Nothing wrong with AMD drivers on linux.
If only.
>>
>>65552414
I do some matlabbing too but anything heavy would be handled at toil
Where should I look for good quality:cost ratios?
>>
Should I apply for a job i'm clearly not qualified for?
The job listing says they're looking for an IT team leader who will be in charge of 7 other people.
I don't have any job experience in IT, but i did graduate from university
>>
>>65552358
>Nothing wrong with AMD drivers on linux.
kekd
>>
this is a printer question

my printer (hp deskjet920c) uses a black 15 ink cartridge which I can't seem to find stocked in any nearby stores (it's an old printer, guessing it's discontinued or something)

can I just use a black 21 cartridge or something else instead?
>>
freenas requires 8gb of ram. do you know a less heavy solution? maybe something working with 1-2gb of memory max?
>>
>>65553094
Put any normal linux distro on it and set it up the same way
>>
File: bookmarks.png (7 KB, 347x273)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
How do you create bookmarks like these in a pdf with libreoffice draw? I'm editing an existing pdf that has no bookmarks.
>>
Why did older pirated games tend to break everything up into like 20 .rar files? Is it easier to torrent tons of smaller files?
>>
>>65553358
Some groups used to release the files through sites like megaupload, which had file size limits. With torrents it makes no difference really, whether they're split or not, it may be convenient if you wanted to burn the files to a disc though, like cd or dvd for backup.
>>
Hi anons, I'm trying to stop windows 7 intermittently deleting thumbnail cache in file explorer.
The whole point is that folders open quicker, people seem obsessed with deleting the cache, I really don't get that thought process.
There is a fix go on properties in the explorer folder and disable SYSTEM control of deleting thumbnails. Problem is that I don't even have SYSTEM listed in the security>advanced tab. Any other way to do this that anyone knows of please?
>>
>>65553358
It's a relic from the scene rules groups have to adhere when releasing their stuff in newsgroups.
The torrents you get are usually a reupload which keep the originals in tact.
3) Release Size:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.1) Allowed split volume sizes are:
- 1,444,000 bytes
- 2,888,000 bytes
- 5,000,000 bytes
- 10,000,000 bytes
- 50,000,000 bytes

In the following paragraphs, utils make up for the majority of the releases in
the 0day scene, namely all applications, shareware games, etc. When we talk of
games, we mean the game-rip scene that releases ripped versions of store-bought
games.

3.2) The utils disk limit is as of now 70 x 5,000,000 bytes or 35 x 10,000,000
bytes. This equates to a total of 350,000,000 bytes of compressed data. Volumes
of 1,444,000 and 2,888,000 bytes are allowed, as long as the release does not
exceed 99 disks. Oversize releases are allowed when no valid ISO release exists
and the group (or an iso group they work with) is not in possession of the iso
to release. In other words, there is NO size limit for 0day apps, except when a
valid (not nuked) iso exists!

3.3) The games disk limit is as of now 80 x 5,000,000 bytes or 40 x 10,000,000
bytes (or comparable for 1,444,000 and 2,888,000 bytes). This equates to a
total of 400,000,000 bytes of compressed data. Volumes of 1,444,000 and
2,888,000 bytes are allowed, as long as the release does not exceed 99 disks.

Any release must have less than 100 volumes. In case 10,000,000 bytes do not
suffice, you are allowed to use volumes of larger size; up to 50,000,000 bytes.
>>
>>65551186
I've been doing software development for about 5 years (since graduating college). I think I'm pretty competent, but I never really do any side projects or development at home. Any tips on finding something to work on?
>>
Selling something to someone on eBay and then going direct for further sales wouldn't be detected by eBay or anything to get me banned, right? eBay and PayPal are separate companies now and I doubt they'd ever catch it even if they were still the same?
Some dude has his own website for his buy/sell business with good reviews, would be nicer to just sell direct if I want to sell another of the same thing without eBay fees. Probably just being paranoid, but not sure if there's some automated system or something PayPal has to see one sale to a person was through eBay and the next wasn't.
>>
>>65553501
I never heard about this, though have to say I wasn't much into the scene back in those years. Many download sites still do that, but that's because they use free file hosts with capped filesize as mentioned above, sites like rapidshare were targeted and shut down for being used as file hosts for unauthorized downloads in facts.
>>
>>65553595
Yes, some sites or people still upload those, but if you have a reliable source you should still get the original split up files in those, even with 1GB parts.
>>
File: 1520365054155.jpg (79 KB, 960x960)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Brainlet here, i cloned my old hdd with ddrescue, however i don't see any files in the new copy, is it because my old hdd was fat32 and the new one is ntfs, did i fuck up?
Or i have to use a recovery software for that kind of conversion? I didn't see anything on google against fat32 to ntfs cloning except the opposite.
>>
is it acceptable to run a laptop as a ghetto-desktop-replacement with NO battery (like, no battery in it) ? it gets power and works but im not sure if its suppose to be run this way for long periods of time
>>
>>65551740
>What is Windows Server's alternative to SSH?
RDP (Terminal Services)
>What is Windows Server's alternative to the CUPS printing service?
i'm not sure if the windows printing system has a name besides just "windows printing service"
>>
>>65553939
Yes as long its not overheating, so try to keep it under 60°C.
>>
File: 1358667167651.gif (284 KB, 267x200)
284 KB
284 KB GIF
>>65553904
>i cloned my old hdd with ddrescue, however i don't see any files in the new copy, is it because my old hdd was fat32 and the new one is ntfs
>>
>>65552184
no, you can't activate evaluation copies
just find the msdn iso name, torrent it, and check it's hash
for example;
- look up "windows 10 ltsb n 2016"
- iso is called "en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_n_x64_dvd_9057894.iso"
- torrent something with that in it
- generate a sha1sum of it (both to ensure it's uncorrupted and unmodified), it's "b5d4911bd53ec5029781ade0937dad43c4ed90f6"
- look that up, if it matches, then you're good
>>
>>65552711
i'm not sure how old your information is, but amd is the way to go unless you need nvidia-specific stuff like CUDA
the free amd drivers have good performance, and none of the drawbacks of non-standard non-free drivers
>>
>>65553358
methods besides torrents (DDL sites, DDC, DC, Gnutella, etc, etc) had either size limits and/or benefited from multi-peering only by having many smaller files instead of one larger one
torrents killed off this practice, eventually, as it has all the advantages natively, even when downloading a single file
there's no reason to split something up when using torrents
>>
>>65553904
anon, that doesn't make sense. try again and be more specific about what you actually did and what you are trying to do
>>
Is it possible for a PSU to lose power so the PC shuts down when paired with a GTX 970 yet it works just fine with a HD 6850 that uses less power? Or is it more likely a problem of the 970?
>>
I want to do something very retarded with Strings in C, but I need to know exactly how C handles them, like how do they know where it ends and shit.

Any place I can read in-depth strings in C?
>>
>>65554149
Yes, shitty or damaged PSUs do that when they get old.
>>
>>65554212
is a 4 y/o corsair hx650 that bad?
>>
What program am I supposed to use to record what is on my computer screen and make it into a webm?
>>
>>65554237
>Corsair
Yes.

Still, does it shutdown while you are using the GPU, while its idle or when booting?
>>
i want to use my old macbook running gnu/linux as a testing machine for my friends via teamviewer (or a similar remote control program), i don't mind filling it with viruses because it only takes about 10 minutes to reinstall an os but i do mind it doing anything to my other machines (spreading viruses, accessing their files, etc). What can i do to prevent this?
>>
>>65554212
6850 doesn't use a terribly lower amount than a 970. It's like 50W. I have a 970 running on a 380W OEM PSU.
>>
>>65554240
obs + ffmpeg
or ffmpeg on it's own if you're hardcore
>>
File: file.png (488 KB, 800x566)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>65551549
i'm not sure i understand the question, but usb 2 has white on the inside and usb 3 has blue on the inside.

>>65554240
Recording program of your choice + webm for retards
>>
I like programming but I think making HTMLshit is boring and convoluted as fuck.

Should I go front end or back end?
>>
>>65553294
Found an alternative solution with jpdfbookmarks-2.5.2 it just werks.
>>
>>65554347
html isnt programming but it is required for front-end

learn javascript
>>
>>65554258
the shutdowns occur when under load, especially when playing games, but sometimes when browsing with multiple tabs and watching videos, I'm trying with the 6850 and still a shutdown hasn't ocurred with games or browsing, maybe I should run some benchmarks to push it hard to be certain it's not the psu I guess
>>
hey anons, i've been searching for an app mention around here few weeks ago, it works by syncing your android phone files with your PC,as you install it on both devices, but it's not botnet
>>
Anyone else using Windows 7 here experiencing terrible performance after updating? I assume it has something to do with the Meltdown and Spectre patches. I did a clean install recently and my system performs like ass. It's fine at first but after about 24 hours opening programs takes forever (though they're fine once they're open). Shutting the system down also takes over a minute whereas it used to take 2-3 seconds on my last install.
>>
File: 1512765893075.jpg (20 KB, 304x316)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I was watching a youtube video and noticed there a lone white pixel on the screen. Initially I thought it was my monitor, but it moved with the page upon scrolling. It disappeared a few moments later. Is this GPU-related?
>>
Is it feasible to run VMs directly off of external hard drives, or too laggy/buggy/prone to problems?
>>
>>65554440
Scrolling says it would probably be something software related, unless it was something funky like your GPU's hardware video decoder. (was it on the video?)
I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.
>>
most keyboards have these LED indicators for capslock, scrolllock and numlock states, how do these indicators operate?
is it entirely in the keyboard's hardware or the os also plays a part in this? ie. which of these is more accurate:
1. keyboard registers numlock press, so it sends the appropriate signal to the computer; the computer then processes the signal, recognizes it means "numlock depressed" and therefore sends a signal to the keyboard, instructing it to light up the numlock indicator
2. the keyboard registers the numlock keypress and instantly toggles the LED state, then proceeds with sending the signal to the computer
>>
>>65554591
keyboards have their own logic boards that handle caps, scroll lock, etc. if you feel like confirming this just plug your keyboard into a phone wall-usb charger - it should operate the same as being plugged in the computer (in terms of lights designating what mode its in)
>>
Is there a way to disable Microsoft Edge from prompting me to sign into my microsoft account to download a file from the browser?
>>
>>65551549
wat
you realize sata and usb are two completely different things, right?
>>
>>65554615
forgot to mention, it's a ps/2 keyboard so i can't just plug it into a wall charger
but i believe you, because why would someone lie about that, thanks anon
also, the os can still control the indicator lights, right? otherwise you could enable capslock, then disconnect the keyboard so the light goes off and reconnect it, making the os think capslock is enabled and the keyboard indicator turned off
i guess the os instructs the keyboard to light up specified indicators upon connection?
>>
>>65553949
thank you
>>
>>65554670
>also, the os can still control the indicator lights, right? otherwise you could enable capslock, then disconnect the keyboard so the light goes off and reconnect it, making the os think capslock is enabled and the keyboard indicator turned off

wouldnt this just mean that power-cycling the keyboard causes it to reset all states back to whatever they originally were.

im not following your logic on how that would prove the OS is doing anything
>>
>>65554747
np, note that RDP is very different to SSH, and isn't really similar in any way besides "provides remote administration"
all it is is a way to connect to a graphical (only) sub-console, with optional clipboard and sound tunnelling. it can't do things like file transfer and arbitrary socket tunnelling like SSH can
>>
What should I use to scan my PC for viruses and unwanted software/files?

Is malwarebytes still top?
>>
>>65554591
I'm certain it's in the keyboard's hardware. I once had a linux installation where the state of numlock was always reversed from what the keyboard indicator said.
>>
>>65554635
you could install firefox
>>
is there a free as in beer alternative to synergy for linux + macos?
or a torrent of a recent enough version of synergy for linux + macos
>>
Is using Linux over Win10 worth it?

>play only grand strategy vidya
>and watch content/browse here on Web browser

Will I notice the difference?
>>
Is PCI passthrough good enough now that I can run a windows 10 vm with near-native graphics fairly easily?
>>
>>65554988
related: is there a solution yet that doesn't require me to have two graphics cards? I'd just dual-boot if that was the case.
>>
>>65554980
KVM switch is better
>>
>>65554987
if all the games you play are available on linux, you won't notice a difference.
if you spend most of your time doing gaming, you should probably stick to windows.
Also does a website exist for pirated games for linux?
asking for a friend
>>
PSA: Put your external drives on the floor
I know this sounds obvious but I just knocked mine off the top of my computer and the impact misaligned a drive head.
Now the drive is absolutely toast.
>>
>>65555054
PSA: Dont be a fat lard ass that gets so disorientated from vertigo due to untreated diabetes that you lose control of your body
>>
>>65555038
i want linux to be on one monitor, and macos to be on the other monitor, and be able to control both of them with the same mouse and keyboard at the same time.
>>
>>65555040
Cheers the advice buddy
>>
>>65555054
This is why backups are important
>>
Whats a good android app that allows you to download full albums?
>>
>>65555073
*do things*
**Hit Switch**
*do things*
>>
>>65555040
>Also does a website exist for pirated games for linux?
rutracker has linux games
>>
>>65555103
i have two monitors, a pc and an old mac mini.
i want to be able to use my pc on one monitor, and my mac mini on the other monitor, and be able to use one mouse and one keyboard for both computers seamlessly, no switching of monitors or peripherals required.
>>
>>65555204
Right, so you get a fucking KVM and switch to which ever fucking pc you want on the same shared hardware.

Synergy is shit and laggy as fuck
>>
>>65555032
You don't need two dedicated GPUs if you have integrated graphics.
>>
>>65554827
For on demand, yes.
>>
>>65552121
>not
[bin(_) for _ in a]
>>
>>65555219
I have a Ryzen 5 and an older nvidia card from a friend.

Would something like looking glass work? Or does that still need two GPU's?
>>
I'm currently using Windows XP and want to install Windows 7 onto a second partition using a USB flash drive.
How do I do it?
Should the partition be logical or primary?
Also, what the fuck does logical/primary partition means?
>>
>>65555250
If you had something like the 2400G that has an apu and AMD-Vi, and a motherboard with video out support for it, then you could do a passthrough.

Lookingglass needs two GPUs like all other passthrough solutions.
>>
>>65555228
>for on demand
Well what's the best if I just want one deep scan and then I'm uninstalling?
>>
>>65555091
>backups
What do you think I am, a millionaire?
>>
So I want to get started on a project whose sole purpose is to be a quick reference for users of a particular game. Just doing it to feel more comfortable. I'm trying to figure out what the best solution for a database is, however. Would I get some database set up, or just embed a JSON file that's embedded into the program and updates on request? Is Firebase a decent option for this?

The whole shtick is that once it's updated, there's no other interactions other than getting information from the database. Thoughts on what could be done here?
>>
>>65555535
You legit don't care about your data if you don't care enough to pay for it twice.
>>
what's a good fan controller software? I have the CPU and another 3 fan conected to the motherboard, and other 3 unplugged, but I will plug them all on a single hardware controller that can do high, low and off speeds.
I just want to put the connected ones on a low speed or turn them off.
>>
>>65555500
Do you trust the OS? I think fsecure's bootable is free. If avast has one go with that.
>>
>>65555426
Just make the space then run the installer. You don't need to create any partitions manually.
>>
>>65551186
Do you guys use IDEs because you can't remember the syntax of the language you're using or do you stick to simple text editors?
>>
What's a good way to make a blog and secure that it is totally anonymous?
>>
>>65555916
I use IDEs because external drive electronics are unwieldy.
>>
>>65551706
So if I'm looking at an image, and I print screen it, will I wind up with an exact pixel-for-pixel copy of the image? Or is there some compression involved in getting it to that stage so some data will get lost?
>>
>>65555958
Make fake accounts and register for one
>>65555916
Simple text editor and terminal for smaller scale programs and languages like java, python, ruby, etc. You can also use it for C. For full fledged large projects, you would want an IDE for your sanity.
>>
>>65555054
But when I kept mine on the floor the cat liked to knock them over...

Besides, I think being on the desk would let them keep cool better than sitting on carpet
>>
>>65555916
I find having access to stuff like quick completion makes life faster and easier.
>>
>>65556013
>Make fake accounts and register for one
Sure, but is that really enough? I mean, it doesn't have to be airtight, but can't someone discover who I am by my IP in some way or something?
>>
>>65554347
Why not just learn more than that? You will need to learn more in order to be a competent programmer. Here's some advice.
1. Learn C and Assembly - gives you more of an understanding about the inner workings of all computer related stuff.
2. Learn Java, C#, Visual Basic, C++ - allows you to write useful programs. Two of these languages are usually enough.
3. Learn SQL for data structures - this will also help you develop efficient programs.
4. Python and Ruby - for writing code that needs to be used quickly
5. HTML, CSS and all the web crap for web development.
6. Lisp, Haskell, or any other weird language just to get your mind exercising.
>>
>>65556103
Use a VPN. Or a proxy. Or use Tor. For example, if you signed up for blogger with a fake email and a burner phone without leaving any information about yourself through another IP, how would anyone track you? Just make sure to wipe EXIF/metadata from anything you post.
>>
why still i see connections to "piguiqproxy" "smcheck" and "amgload" for some seconds?
I already use ublock, and reset the browser but still appears this shit for some seconds.
>>
>>65555555

test
>>
File: 20180415_210741.jpg (3.11 MB, 4032x3024)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
The tab snapped off
What do
>>
Is burn-in/imagecretention a serious common issue on oled?
>>
>>65556170
Make sure you're using ublock origin (not just ublock), and update your filters.
>>
>>65556170
Purge and update your filters.
>>
I'm trying to get my gf's MacBook to show more options, ones that seem to be blocked at a user-level. I'm not familiar with MacOS so I searched and it seems one has to type this, but then it asks for a password, which she doesn't seem to have (doesn't even recognize input when it asks for ones, just says "Password []"), and I don't know how to get it.

So how do I enable her account as an admin one, basically?
>>
>>65556170
Zero them out in your host file
>>
File: tumblr video container.png (173 KB, 577x927)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
Recently I've noticed that there is a large space under videos on tumblr, particularly portrait orientation videos.

I had a look and apparently the tumblr_video_container height is much larger than it should be.
The issue persists on multiple tumblrs.

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

>inb4 tumblr, I only use it for funny stuff, reaction images and porn
>>
>>65556124
Okay then, I'll use proxy and simple fake account. Thanks for the tip on the exif metadata too
>>
File: rss_feed_icon_high_res.gif (32 KB, 2001x2000)
32 KB
32 KB GIF
>>65551186
Any other oldfags here? I have a quick question about RSS
I want to get this feed from the NWS to show up in metric units
w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/KOSU.rss
Nothing happens if I try adding paramaters like ?unit=1 and ?unit=M to the URL and I already checked the documentation
>>
How do I obtain the IP address of a bridged router? ipconfig only gives me the address of the gateway performing all the routing.
>>
graveyard of unanswered questions general
>>
>>65556818
>unironically using /g/ as tech support
It's even in the wiki
These generals are here to try and contain the retards who will ask for help anyways
>>
Is recording 1080p video games on the same machine more dependent on your cpu or graphics card? Will an i7-8700k at 4.9 + EVGA 1060 6GB 06G-P4-6262-KR be able to record most stuff at 1080 for lets plays? What software should I use? I was leaning towards OBS for video and audacity for audio so that I can record the voice and game as separate channels. However I'm not opposed to spending money if there's a better proprietary alternative. Finally what sort of editing software should I use? Is there any recommended /g/ software for editing let's plays?
>>
>>65556689
you don't. you have to transform it yourself. maybe proxy it I guess. or just consume the xml one instead which does provide it in (whatever)

honestly should consider using the newer nws api.
>>
>>65556786
>>
>>65556786
>>65557140
Or you could run a trace route
>>
File: 1522635352488.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
Here's a scenario.
I have programming software that is registered to my windows 10 laptop. It programs hardware connected to the same network as the laptop.

I need help figuring out a way (software or hardware) to connect to the network where the hardware is remotely, launch my programming software, and have the software see the hardware.

Ideas?
>>
My cat ate my entire dinner when I wasn't looking and now I have nothing to eat. What should I do?

I'm legit devastated.
>>
Can you stream audio over a websocket? How do sites like Spotify actually deliver the audio? Is it just an embedded mp3 URL that plays in the background and gets changed with each song, or what?
>>
sick of the godawful multi-monitor support in Win7.

What's better windows 8 or windows 10? and where do i get my iso ?
>>
File: 1520223546065.png (207 KB, 357x452)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>65551186
So I don't know if I can explain this very well, but I have a gaming PC, and one thing i've noticed is that I don't get a smooth looking motion while playing, and looks like a microstutter effect. I have a 1070, an i5 6500, and 8 gb ddr4 ram, but when i play certain games like WoW or PUBG, it looks like i get a microstutter when i move the screen around mostly.

It doesn't happen to me in games like Fortnite, and I know I get a consistent 60 fps because I've recorded it before, so I don't know the issue. What do you guys think?
>>
>>65557014
Use OBS, you can have obs record the desktop audio as well as mic audio.Recording is CPU intensive, playing the game is CPU+GPU intensive
>>
>>65557253
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Win 8 doesn't fuck with you constantly with shit updates. If you pick it, don't forget classicshell
>>
>>65551186
How can I hack into someones Whatsapp? As I know I need only a phone number and IMEI/WiFi MAC (in iOS) hash in order to login, right?
So I can invite gf, that I suspect cheating on me, save her MAC address, and silently log in and receive all messages?
>>
>>65551318
Before i started to utilize my HDMI port on my laptop i would use chromecast. it can cast the whole desktop but there's about a 3/4 second latency
>>
>>65557014
if you have an nvidia card, set OBS to use the "NVENC" codec wich uses your GPU and is extremelly more effficient than using your CPU
>>65557386
thanks, win8 it is then
>>
>>65556011
it saves it as a png, you tell me
>>
>>65557372
Would it be that I don't have enough ram for some shit? Just thought about that.
>>
>>65556398
>>65556415
>>65556501

I still see them.
>>
>>65551318
I'm assuming it's a smart tv? might see if it has some sort of remote desktop software in whatever app store it uses
>>
>>65557210
windows explorer in the thispc section should have an option to mount a network location. once set up it sees the location as something local
>>
>>65556454
I would create a separate admin account
>>
>>65555054
meh, externals are pleb tier. get a nas or an hdd dock for extra storage and there shouldn't be anything you'd like to share with someone that you can't fit on a flash drive
>>
>>65555228
not for virus detection but revo uninstaller lets you get rid of the left over bits and bobs after uninstalling something, and has a hunter mode
>>
Can you game on a Thinkpad W Series or Quadro GPU are totally not meant for it?
>>
>>65555652
speedfan?
>>
I currently have installed Windows 7 Starter (shit pc)
If I install Windows 7 Ultimate on the same partition, will all the files from this current OS be saved into windows.old?
>>
>>65557684
yes
>>
>>65551186
How can I learn to dissect and understand open source code?

Whenever I open a cool github repository, I have no idea where to start. I'd like to contribute to some projects I like, but I have no idea how to start. Obviously my knowledge is lacking, despite programming for a while.

Are there any good resources which teach you how to read code rather than simply write it?
>>
>>65557684
I don't remember specifics but I believe there's a way for you to just enter the ultimate key and it'll install those modules without having to do a full reinstall
>>
>>65557712
here check this out
https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/364-how-to-reverse-engineer-software-windows-in-a-right-way
>>
>>65557716
Pretty sure that's not a thing in win 7
>>
>>65557757
'anytime upgrade' is a thing in windows 7
>>
>>65557735
>https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/364-how-to-reverse-engineer-software-windows-in-a-right-way
Thanks anon, reading it now. Reverse engineering is the keyword I was lacking from my vocabulary. Thank you.
>>
>>65557716
Holy shit, thanks a lot for this anon! It worked, you just saved me a lot of time
>>
>>65557587
This does not work.
>>
>>65557609
Hell, is it really that messy? I just want to install a game on her machine.
>>
>>65557786
That's only with an anytime upgrade key, which they don't sell anymore. You can't use it with a regular key.
>>
>>65557924
>paying
>>
Amerilard here. Friend gave me a 20$ OneVanilla Prepaid Debit Card and I want to get a good VPN. Problem is that it's a OneVanilla Prepaid Debit Card and most vpn services just outright decline it. Is there a good one you use that allows it or do I just cut my losses and do something else?
>>
>>65551186
Why do we need some sort of bootloaders and other shit? Why we can't just use ROMs 2-16 gig with OS?
ROMs are much faster than any SSD, and they are potentially more secure.
>>
>>65557962
Sell it online for $15 then buy a legit prepaid card

This is why you only take cash from "friends"
>>
>>65557950
Whether you pirate or not, anytime upgrade can't be used as a way to avoid reinstalling the OS.
>>
>>65557965
You're confusing a software ROM package with ROM as a physical medium.
>>
>>65557965
Mask ROMs aren't faster than modern flash.

You still need a way to keep updating a modern OS as more vulnerabilities are found.
>>
>>65558040
I just did tho, I got an upgrade key online and it did install Ultimate
>>
>>65558068
Not through anytime.
>>
>>65558078
I'm telling you man
>windows anytime upgrade
>select "through activation key"
>insert key found online
And it installed with everything still untouched
>>
>>65557965
>ROMs are much faster than any SSD
due to the misuse of the word "ROM", it's hard to tell what you mean here
'actual' mask ROM isn't any faster than flash, and flash is used in many places mask ROM used to be. for example, your cellphone "ROM" is actually just a partition on a flash chip, they also use a bootloader
basically, you have no idea what you're talking about, and aren't being specific enough to make sense
>>
>>65558095
I'm not there, so I can't tell you which part you're misunderstanding. I'm glad you're happy with whatever you pulled off.
>>
>>65558099
>>65557965
-- oh, and the reason mask ROM isn't used as much is because it's only cheap in large orders, and cannot be changed
so if you order a million units, and find a bug, you're fucked. this practically limits mask ROM to only basic/highly-tested parts, like in toys, calculators, glue logic on composite components, etc
a modern OS on mask ROM just plain doesn't make sense. it would have to be paired with flash to make it patchable, and then you have two chips doing the same job flash can do on its own
>>
Question: I need a VPN for torrenting but don't have too much money to pay for one, can I get some cost-effective VPN services?
>>
There was a simple youtube "mirror" that I used a few years back, I liked it because it didn't have the clutter of the recommended videos panel and the comment section. It was very clean but with time I lost the link. Anyone know what I'm talking about? IIRC there were at least two different websites like that.
>>
>>65558281
hooktube
>>
I'm having a GDP error from spotify, it can't verify the public keys I uninstalled it already but it keeps appearing when using

sudo apt-get update

it's fucking annoying, I tried to install the y-ppa-manager to get rid of the key but it also giving me a fucking GDP error too. So now I'm stuck with two GDP errors and can't find a proper solution on the internet, and also the forums are so fucking outdated.
>>
>>65558361

*GPG error
>>
>>65558281
I've wasted about an hour searching for them and also scouring various addons and userscripts, no luck. But it's worth the time because with the recommended videos section you can get distracted very easily, that's why I'd recommend (haha) that sort of site for the sake of productivity and time efficiency to everyone ITT.

>>65558306
Thanks, something like that, but it was even more lightweight.
>>
>>65551186
idk where to start with this one. i3-gaps isn't puttin gaps in places where it should afaik. Here's a screenshot of the error.
>>
File: out.png (179 KB, 419x478)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>65558801
>click submit
>didn't click image
FUKCFUCKFYUCK
well here it is.
>>
theres a website called allitebooks dot com
it has a bunch of pdfs on all of web dev,programming,security,etc...
If you try to use it regularly you get a lot of pop ups, a good way to avoid this is to middle click pages numbers and any hyperlinks and having ublock origin is also nice.
Question is, whats the catch?
Can anyone confirm if any pdfs are infected?
>>
>>65558809
actuallry after repositioning things it seems to have fixed itself. Huh..
>>
>>65558818
>it has a bunch of pdfs on all of web dev,programming,security,etc.
a lot*

also any good ruby books / resources
>>
Where to find replacement keycaps?

I compromised on price with my keyboard and now it's been a few months I want to replace the godawful "gamur" legend.

I've been looking everywhere but nowhere seems to sell just a basic replacement set with a standard legend, it's all expensive ricer shit.

I have a UK keyboard
>>
Yo /g/,
I've been thinking about creating some sort of gui-less music player system. Using ncmpcpp with its visualizer and clock, and alsamixer, all in split terminals no X server. The computer should boot up straight to the console and these should automatically start up taking up a set screen real estate.
How would I go about doing this?
>>
>>65558861
Forgot, but I need a lightweight os as well
>>
Is there a difference between .jpg and .jpeg?
>>
>>65558928
no
"jpeg" is the full abbreviation, and "jpg" is just a 3 character version of that, a historic convention stemming from when DOS only supported "8.3" filenames, or 8 character names followed by a 3 character extension
>>
>>65558928
They're interchangeable, there's no difference.

Early versions of Windows would only accept three letter file extensions hence the need to shorten jpeg to jpg, when this limitation was removed they kept support for the three letter version to deliberately confuse people
>>
File: FuckLaptops.png (188 KB, 1888x1404)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
Hi,

I have the razer blade 2016 gaming laptop.
It has 2 graphics cards (pic related):
intel 530 and nvidia 1060

Today I realized that my laptop screen never connects to the nvidia card.
The only way to use the nvidia card is to connect an external monitor via hdmi.

I tried to do some stuff to have the laptop recognize the LAPTOP screen and use the nvidia card with it but I couldn't figure it out.
I tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers, restarting and then the intel drivers and restarting but nothing helps.

I looked online but can't seem to find anything about this dumb laptop.

So now I'm here. Maybe someone here can help me figure this out.
>>
What open source rss reader should I use?
>>
How to torrent shit without my ISP threatening to cut off my grandma's internet?

She's sensitive. I don't want to see her cry again, /g/. Thanks.
>>
>>65559063
i'm by no means a heavy RSS user, but i've been using newsboat for tracking youtube videos (as i prefer not to have a google account)
>>
>>65559074
VPN or seedbox. Never free.
>>
>>65559097
>Never free.
You mean never use a free one?
>>
>>65559109
Correct. You're giving completely untrustable people an extremely compromising position.
>>
File: WmiPrvSE problem.png (149 KB, 1558x586)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Every night (maybe not just at night but that's when I notice it) a WmiPrvSE process starts to get high CPU usage and drives my CPU temps up, and I have to kill it to get it to stop.

Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it? It's been going on for a month or two.

>>65556011
It's lossless, there's no visible compression. But as the other anon said, some programs, particlarly video players/ditors and sometimes games, won't have their video output displayed when you use prntscrn in the resulting image.
>>
>>65552133
Enter
>>
How long do most businesses or households log their security cameras for?
No, I haven't done anything illegal. Just did something stupid on camera.
>>
My laptop won't open folders, anyone know how to fix this?
>>
Im using an iPad 1 and noticed that when I browse 4chan it lets you bypass the cooldown timer thingy.
Why is this and how can we reproduce this on something else thats not an iPad 1?
>>
Just fixed a RAM problem and now I'm what happened.

>Recently rebuilt PC in January
>Had removed RAM during cleaning
>Have 4x4GB
>Hadn't verified everything after rebuilding, just that the new CPU is working stably
>Just noticed a week or so ago that one RAM module was recognized as being present, but not functional
>10 mins ago, got around to addressing this issue
>Everything looks fine, they are all seated properly
>Removed 2 modules, inspected them, put them back in opposite order than before
>Check BIOS hardware monitor
>Seemingly just magically fixed the problem

Why did this happen?
>>
>>65559461
*And now I'm wondering what happened
>>
>>65559243
elaborate
>>
>>65559461
bad connection
reseating the ram fixed it
>>
Want to upgrade from relying on external drives and get at least 4TB of redundant storage on my network.

what does /g/ like for a home use NAS?
>>
i get blurry fonts in one of my screens in windows 10.
how do i fix this?
>>
>>65559155
bumping this
>>
>>65558818
Anyone?
Need to calm my paranoia
>>
Friends, sitting at uni with my fresh debian xfce install but my wifi applet isn't showing up. What to do?
>>
>>65559975
What screen?

>>65558818
Malicious PDFs are possible, but if you're using an up to date viewer and antivirus software the risk is tiny.

>>65559967
A computer running FreeNAS or whatever other NAS oriented distribution you like.

>>65559224
Anywhere from a couple days to a year would be reasonable depending on how much they're willing to spend for storage.

>>65559026
The internal screen is only electrically connected to the integrated graphics, when you want to run a program on the nvidia card it draws to RAM and then sends the resulting frame over to the integrated GPU which then draws it to the screen. It's called Nvidia Optimus. To verify it's working you should get an icon pop up in the tray saying which applications are using the Nvidia GPU when it's active.
>>
>>65560376
>Anywhere from a couple days to a year would be reasonable depending on how much they're willing to spend for storage.
I'm not really familiar with the storage proccess. Are they still done with VHS? Are they overwritten by X (in time)?
>>
New Ryzen has in the description of supported memory 2933mhz ram. Another Anon told me I could put in 3200mhz ram and set it back to whatever in the bios with xmp enabled.

What is this xmp? I know where to find it but what does it do specifically? And is the supported memory number merely a number based on what amd guarantees as a stable memory format?
>>
My employer wants me to start developing iOS applications in Swift. (I know)

I'm currently using an XPS 15 9560 which is equipped with a 7700HQ and a GTX 1050 running Arch, which I mostly use for web and Android development. However, I do not feel like carrying around another MacBook Pro solely for the purpose of developing on iOS and using some Adobe CC tools.

What's the performance of OS X like under QEMU? Is it near-native with GPU passthrough?
>>
>>65560376
>What screen
I have a 21" 1080p on the left, and a 1920x1440 CRT on the right wich is a bit taller, so i put it on 125%
>>
I just edited a pdf for my gigabyte mobo invoice from some only pdf editor and changed the date so that i can submit it for RMA.
Is there any way Gigabyte can know if i edited the invoice.
>>
>>65557677
yeah, I tried that, but it only showed correctly the CPU and one of these three fans, and couldn't tweak the speed in any way. I just unplugged them and I will just wait for the chink shit to arrive.
I hope that won't explode like a cable I had.
>>
>>65560663
You might be interested in this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

I don't have any first-hand experience with setting up KVMs myself, but I'd like to hear more about this as well.
>>
My rhythmbox installation can play a song but when it proceeds to the next track in line it plays a second or so of the next track followed by silence. Any ideas?
>>
Is LAME better than ffmpeg's libmp3lame for VBR 1-3? And how do I downsample from 96kHz to 44.1kHz instead of 48?
>>
Why is WinDirStat's "Last Change" wrong by exactly 2 hours? I created a folder just now (13:51) and it shows 11:51.
>>
>>65558095
That's quite nice anon, thanks
>>
Hi friends,

Windows 10 latest build or LTSB? Why?
>>
Is MIUI malware?
>>
>>65551186
I would like to put together a desktop PC on which I will be running Linux Mint 18, what the minimum specs I need for it to run comfortably?
>>
>>65561237
LAME and libmp3lame are literally the same thing, the former is just a standalone encoder, while the latter is the library version of the same encoder
you downsample with ffmpeg by specifying "-ar 44100" after an input
>>
Libre/Open or pirate MS office, also which office version would be best if so.
>>
How easy is it to set specific programs to specific cores?

If I were to buy a ryzen 2700x would I be able to do this and get the most out of too many cores?
>>
>>65562020
your OS will do that on it's own
>>
File: i6nJ3vyd[1].jpg (114 KB, 899x899)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
whats the easiest way to put a password on my PC that cannot be bypassed (like the Windows default one), thus forcing whoever wants to use the PC to atleast format the drives? I tried VeraCrypt, but it doesn't work (something about my OS not booting from the boot drive, Googled solution and it involves formatting etc. - don't wanna do it). BitLocker requires either a TPM or a USB drive, I just want a simple password.
>>
Anyone know of a good and easy-ish way to organize a local, offline (aka on my own PC) gallery with tags?

Yes, I want to basically make an offline booru for my pron pics.
>>
>>65551940
Depends where you live desu
Honestly I'd recommend getting the best one you possibly can, stretch yourself out as much as possible, problem with laptops is you can't easily upgrade their hardware. So it's best to get the best one you can so it doesn't feel outdated after a couple of years
>>
whats the best browser for iphone/ipad? my ipad is jailbroken but not my phone
>>
>>65551940
don't overspend on an overpowered laptop, they can't be upgraded
get something that will do for light work for the lifetime you're after, and where possible, offload more intensive loads to a desktop, where price/performance is much better
>>
>>65551940
>>65562215
-- also, focus on the cpu and gpu. ram and hdd/ssd can be upgraded later if needed (assuming you aren't getting some shitty 'ultraportable' that you can't even replace those on)
>>
Where can I download anime torrents??
Nyaa is gone
>>
>>65562280
nyaa.si
>>
>>65562280
nyaa.pantsu.cat
>>
>>65562280
XDCC

>>65551940
How does the idea of a shitposting laptop and an actual powerful desktop rig sound? Instead of spreading your resources thin. Yes you get two computers but you get them at the best of what they are: portable and powerful, respectively.

You will never be satisfied with a laptop for long and you're locked in on performance.

>>65562154
Some image formats support tags, otherwise you'd need to maintain an external database yourself and interact with it. You could also locally host a booru at the cost of needing to migrate your files.
>>
File: 2018-04-08 08_51_15.png (3 KB, 274x46)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
is my gpu vrm throttling?
>>
>>65562442
VRMs normally heat up further and faster than regular components. It's probably not bad if your other reported temps are fine.

Doesn't hwinfo list the perf cap reason in the same section?
>>
I'm late on this shit. But how do I secure myself from Meltdown/Spectre?
I have installed BIOS updates through Lenovo. Is that it?
>>
>>65562433
Thanks. A database... Yeah I'm a pleb. Maybe excel?

How do I locally host a booru?
>>
can I automatically upload a file on my phone on google drive? I have an app making daily backups and I'd like to backup on cloud as well
>>
the radio in my dad's car is kind of broken
it "works" but the buttons dont
how do i fix this? i dont know much about electricity
>>
File: Capture.jpg (20 KB, 221x509)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Does Youtube seriously not let you restore to the old, semi-decent, theme anymore?
>>
File: 1523625915292.png (14 KB, 204x210)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
How do I make 4chan work with uBlock Origin/uMatrix? They seem to block CSS but I never touched those "enable specific scripts" options.
>>
>>65563427
it's possible with

&disable_polymer=1

but you have to add to every time
or a user script to do it for you
but i haven't seen a good one yet
>>
File: 1459735313538.jpg (188 KB, 569x571)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>65563476
But fucking WHY? There used to be an option on this drop down list. What logical reason could Google possibly have for taking it away?? I'm just flabbergasted at how fucking stupid they are for always doing things like this.
>>
Why can I save a .xls but I have to 'print' a .pdf?
>>
>>65563542
>Microsoft Print to PDF
You have either selected the wrong one or don't have a printer installed
>>
File: 1523893714399.jpg (2.78 MB, 2268x4032)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
Anons what the fuck is this

It looks like one of those bedbug diagrams except it was at least half a centimeter long, pretty sure bedbugs are like an order of magnitude smaller
>>
File: 1523893831966.jpg (292 KB, 1134x2016)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>65563615
Entrails. Could be sucked blood as far as I know, or could just be insert guts, I have zero clue. Also a better sense of scale with fingers
>>
>>65563615
>>65563641
>>>/an/
>>
>>65563615
A tick maybe?
>>
File: ec2-b-04.png (198 KB, 1260x840)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
Has the EC2-B been fixed yet?
>>
is it possible to create a file that my program can generate the contents of when its read by another program?

i use linux but if there's a windows solution i'd also like to hear about it
>>
>>65563836
> is it possible to create a file that my program can generate the contents of when its read by another program?
What
>>
>>65563976
- program A reads somefile.txt
- my program B somehow detects that (how?)
- program A gets back whatever my program outputs as the file's contents

instead of a normal static file it would change every time you read it
>>
>>65563836
You're looking for a named pipe.
>>
>>65563999
Sounds like a filewatcher thingy. You need to use OS dependent methods unless the other program is yours where you can use an anonymous or named pipe or simply wcf
>>
>>65564037
I think even mono has wcf
>>
Do I need a specific setup to use multiple stereo outputs using a pci-e soundcard and windows 10? I want to use it with my mixer to have better control than what windows offers me.
>>
>>65551186
How do I encode an mp4 to a vp8 webm using ffmpeg?
>>
>>65552706
do or do not. there is no try.
>>
>>65551665
Either PSU or maybe a capacitor broke?
>>
>>65553515
Find something that catches your interest. Start with some oft the challenges provided by your friendly /g/dpc-tard vor /g/dpt/-tard. Search problems and solve them. As an example i found the calendar by my uni quite retarded so i built some kind oft frankenstein middleware thingy to download and synchronize the thing. Beware of reinventing the wheel though.
>>
>>65555587
depends. does your usecase justify a whole database, what kind oft data are we speaking, how often will it be updated and and and
>>
>>65562626
>how do i locally host a booru?
hydrus (dot) tumblr (dot) com
>>
>>65563999
program A is called cat
program B is called cron or systemd-timer
last line is echo or just | A
cat some.file | B > A
wew
>>
"None of the files dropped in Vegas Pro could be opened."

Why is this always an issue? Vegas Pro 13. Just a standard mp4 file. Most mp4s work fine, but some are just rejected by Vegas. What do?
>>
>>65562087
you have to encrypt there is no other way
anybody can take the drive and plug it into another computer or boot a live linux cd to see whats on it
>>
>>65564210
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/VP8

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v libvpx -b:v 2M -c:a libvorbis output.webm

basically
>>
>>65564628
>ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v libvpx -b:v 2M -c:a libvorbis output.webm
thanks
>>
>>65556369
If you don't wish to do any soldering, you might be able to wedge a piece of plastic in there that covers all 6 pins, it sometimes works.
>>
>>65552230
newer laptops often don't let you install windows 7. Tried to do it for a colegue on his cheap ass medion and it refused to take in the bios.
>>
>>65564763
enable legacy mode
>>
>>65564675
>2M
is prolly a bit too much, in most cases 512k may be enough
>>
NEW THREAD

>>65564773
>>65564773
>>65564773
>>
>>65564783
too soon
>>
>>65557372
You should play around with G-Sync or V-Sync settings. Also check to see if the monitor isn't actually doing the stuttering itself, some low end monitors have crappy driver chips.
>>
>>65564783
>also bump
nigger
>>
File: YoutubeSS.png (570 KB, 1366x768)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
>>65563427
This is how my YouTube looks by default.
>>
>>65564404
Thanks, I'll look into it!
>>
>>65563427
>>65563476
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/34818-youtube-restore-classic
Made my day when I found it
>>
>>65564934
>those recommendations
what in the absolute fuck
>>
>>65565042
too complex
>>
How to install custom fonts in manjaro?
Yaourt install doesn't work, puts fonts in
/usr/share/fonts/misc/
fc-list doesn't show the fonts,
fc-cache -v outputs
/usr/share/fonts/misc: skipping, existing cache is valid: 22 fonts, 0 dirs
>>
>>65565216
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>65564615
Wrong colorspace?
There's no such thing as a standard mp4 file, you can have loads of different video streams in it.

Compare one that works with one that doesn't using ffmpeg
>>
>>65565531
idk JS but i do you really need 100loc to add &disable_polymer=1 to a url
his solution is different, prolly because he didn't know
>>
File: c01.png (255 KB, 1280x732)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>65564157
Bump
Is there a recommended soundcard for this purpose aswell?
>>
File: 1500142849323.jpg (75 KB, 1013x1072)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>65560085
>>65559155
pls

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.