[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Post your questions here. You are entitled to an answer. Also bump!

previous thread >>65551186
>>
File: 1523894518008.png (440 KB, 1260x840)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
Has the EC2-B been fixed yet?
A post in the archive mentions "coil whine and button issues".
>>
>>65564773
>You are entitled to an answer.
that's some snowflake cancer right there
>>
I have a number of large files stored on mega (around 500gb). Whats the best to download them, I am using 3g/4g connection on my phone tethering and the best speed I get is like 20 mbps at night, during day its no more than 8mbps
Is there a service where I can upload my files and they send me a hdd or like a box of dvds/blurays burned?
>>
bump..
>>
Is there a way to get to the history of updates on Android 4.4?
I wanted to install the version of an app I had before I updated it (I don't remember when was the last time I updated it and for sure it isn't the previous one).
>>
I want to set up a vpn on Arch for torrents, what should I use?
>>
>>65565182
openvpn
vpn ht
>>
>>65565182
get a seedbox faggot
>>
>>65563427
>>65563476
>>65565042
you can open the devtools, find the cookie with the name PREF and change the value to
al=en&f5=30030&f6=8

to get the old youtube layout back
>>
File: 20180416_142610[1].jpg (1.07 MB, 2560x1440)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
I have two sticks of RAM that I want to use together in the same PC. However, they're from different manufacturers. Will they still work as a dual-channel pair? Or what? I've installed them in matching dual-channel slots but my system is only showing that a single channel is being used.

Pls help, I'm stupid and bad at computers.
>>
File: smells.jpg (40 KB, 600x445)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I'm building my own server!

What cheap Xeon should I keep my eyes peeled for?
>>
>>65565575
Are they the same size? Try putting them next to each other - sometimes the documentation is wrong.
>>
>>65564773
I have an old laptop shitty acer laptop from like 2010, looking to replace with something a little more powerful, but I've also been thinking about building a pc.
what do?
>>
>>65565645
check ebay for engineering samples
>>
>>65565699
if you are rich you can build a pc and buy a new laptop
>>
For the guy who wanted to revert to the old youtube layout.
(function() {
if (window.location.href.includes('disable_polymer=1')) {
return;
}

const hasParams = window.location.href.includes('?');
window.location.replace(`${window.location.href}${hasParams ? '&' : '?'}disable_polymer=1`);
})();
>>
>>65565690
They're the same size, yes. I read that it can take some time and a few restarts to recognize the new memory, do you have any idea how long that might take? It's been about an hour and still nothing, maybe I'll open it up again and try your recommendation.
>>
How do you disable "mouse acceleration" for a laptop touchpad?
>>
i have 8th gen 8600K and in device manager i have this, same as when I had a skylake 6th gen

"Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901"

shouldn't i have an 8th gen pcie controller?
>>
>>65565778
nice thank you

>>65565433
>devtools
how exactly?
>>
>>65566017
hold ctrl+shift+i on your keyboard
>>
>>65564773
Soup guys. I'm looking for software that can record short video snippets and be able to combine them into a video. I have an amd ryzen 7 and believe Relive is out of the question. Any recommendations?
>>
>>65566028
And go to Application>Storage and find an entry for youtube.com.
>>
I got an Asus H270F Gaming and I added a Kingston 240GB M.2 SATA SSD to it. The SSD is showing up as a 2MB(?) drive in BIOS and I can't install Windows to it.

It shows up as M.2_1:TC58NC1000 (2MB). Pls halp.
>>
>>65565690
Nvm, fixed it. Wasn't installed correctly the first time, I didn't fully seat it I guess. Thanks.
>>
>>65566049
OBS? Seems to be a popular choice for recording & editing video.
>>
so i just bought a "monitor" on ebay which turned out to be a small tv, i still works with my PC but the latency is horrible. Is there anything i can do to fix it?
>>
>>65565433
seems like just f6=8 is enough it auto fills the rest
>>
File: 1.jpg (878 KB, 1272x1920)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
There was a simple youtube "mirror" that I used a few years back, I liked it because it didn't have the clutter of the recommended videos panel and the comment section. It was very clean but with time I lost the link. Anyone know what I'm talking about? IIRC there were at least two different websites like that.

I've wasted about an hour searching for them and also scouring various addons and userscripts, no luck. But it's worth the time because with the recommended videos section you can get distracted very easily, that's why I'd recommend (haha) that sort of site for the sake of productivity and time efficiency to everyone ITT.
>>
File: ImgW.jpg (57 KB, 600x514)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Hey /g/, I'm having an issue with my iPhone. I know, I already browse >>>/lgbt/ no need to point me there.

For the past few days it's been restarting for no fucking reason after upgrading to iOS 11.3. Just using it for 5 minutes and then it just reboots. I tried like 100 different things and fuck all works. It's an iPhone SE, never had issues before.
>>
>>65566351
hooktube
>>
>>65566389
nein
>>
>>65564773
Test
>>
>>65566319
be sure to refresh the page after you're done
>>
>>65564773
I've had this gaming laptop for a while now: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/7000-gaming-series/15-7567/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop

I heard somewhere it has an extra SSD slot in it. What would be a good internal SSD for it and how would I go about putting it in? Is there like an installation or does it just plug in?
>>
Test2>>65564827
>>
File: 1516589175677.png (251 KB, 665x574)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>65564773
I set up a htpc / personal server for myself runing Opensuse but it's proven harder to set up than I thought.

One day ssh worked fine but now I get the "connection refused" error even after I'm pretty sure I enabled Port 22 for ssh on my router. This is happening both on my server in my laptop runing Solus. I was able to ssh into both for a day until it stopped working for some unknown reason.

My server has a two terabyte hard drive that is mounted but listed as having no size and is read-only despite being empty and over writing it with zeros with dd. YaST is not letting me format or tell it where to mount the drive tilling me it's "shadowed" or something.

I was going to install nextcloud and some home streaming solution for media but it appears I'm not smart enough to do this.
>>
Woke up to fdroid crashing trying to update repositories. Gets to here then says it crashed, then this notification sticks around. Tried clearing app data already.
>>
>>65566454
Read the manual.
>>
>>65566454
http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-7560-laptop_specifications_en-us.pdf

it says it supports M2 drive
>>
>>65566647
Alright, thanks. Forgot that I coulda found the pdf of it, I left my manual for it at home. Is installing the drive like plug and play or is it more advanced? What would be a recommended brand of an SSD? Thanks
>>
>>65566676
>left my manual for it at home
Jesus christ. They should take your internet away. You fucking google manuals. The only time you waste your time flipping through a hard copy is when someone glues it to the wall in front of your shitter.
>>
File: 1401316957120.jpg (131 KB, 557x1062)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Is there a way to change the password for my router's access page? And no I don't mean my WiFi password. I mean when I enter 192.168.1.1 in my browser, and login to the router locally (or with a Linksys account) it asks for the router password. Which is "admin". That's terrible. Yet I can't seem to find a tab that lets me change that.

Now granted in order for someone to even be able to access this page, they'd need to be on my network to begin with so I made strong WiFi passwords and turned off their broadcasts, but still has me paranoid.
Router is a Linksus WRT AC1200 if it matters. Stock Firmware too.
>>
>>65566676
samsung, intel, sandisk, depends on your budget, the dell you have take M2 2280 (physical size) SATA drive

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General/Upgrades-for-new-7559/td-p/4668867/page/1
also read this thread its old but may be revelant
>>
>>65566856
https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=142491
>>
>>65566676
If you're running win 10 and going from HDD to SSD for your boot drive, just pop it in and run Macrium Reflect.
>>
>>65565765
I am poor
>>
>>65567051
Then buy a prebuilt desktop.
>>
File: Becky-Older.png (920 KB, 745x693)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
>>65566929
I. Am. Retarded. Or blind. Or both! Thanks a lot Anon. I changed it. Some Becky Chambers for your troubles.
>>
>>65567051
if you're willing to buy refurbished and shop wisely you can find a bretty gud workstation for around a hundred to a hundred and fifty bucks.
>>
>>65564805
if you are issued by coil whine, stay away from SteelSeries new mice. They have insane coil whine and I bought and returned a shitload of the new Rival and Sensei mice and they are hardware flawed with coil whine
>>
my computer won't stay off if I leave my keyboard plugged in. powering off just reboots, and if I unplug the keyboard it will shutdown but plugging it back in turns it on immediately. I have wake on keyboard/mouse disabled in the BIOS so what could be causing this? the keyboard is a cooler master quickfire pro if it matters.
>>
File: 1200px-Component-cables.jpg (110 KB, 1200x933)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
The red (video, not audio) connector of my component cable is broken, can I just use cut one of the connectors of a AV cable and solder the connector onto the faulty one of the component cable?
>>
>>65566208
Any guesses my dudes?
>>
Is DVI able to spit out 4k video feed? Or 120 Hz?
>>
>>65566208
>>65567232
is that Kingston the only drive in your entire build? And what M.2 slot is it plugged into? Because depending on the motherboard, it will only allow a SATA based SSD to be a specific slot.
>>
>>65567273
Yeah it's the only drive. It's plugged in the SATA compatible one.
>>
>>65566955
>>65566911
Thanks. It has just an SSD right now, as I got it. It was the version with the 256 gb SSD, 1050ti Nvidia card, i5-7300HQ cpu.

Finishing up my semester, Just forgot to bring the manual back to school. I guess I coulda just googled the manual, but still, thanks for the help.
>>
>>65567283
Hmm. That's odd. Have you tried a Linux live Boot USB? If the M.2 drive still shows up as 2MB, could be it's defective. Either that, or the motherboard doesn't support M.2 booting (I doubt this, but you never know.)
>>
File: 1523513402536.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>Copying from prev thread
How to install custom fonts in manjaro (arch)?
>Yaourt install doesn't work, puts fonts in
/usr/share/fonts/misc/
>fc-list doesn't show the fonts,
> fc-cache -v outputs
/usr/share/fonts/misc: skipping, existing cache is valid: 22 fonts, 0 dirs
I have the write chmod on the folder,
Do I need to add a line to a config thing somewhere?
>>
>>65567315
I'll try a live usb. What should I look for? Should I use GParted?

Could it be that it needs to be "initialized" i.e. plug in to some working PC and format it or something?
>>
>>65567258
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-peripheral/how-connect-4k-screen-pc-3634369/
>>
File: DVI Limitations.png (79 KB, 703x1071)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>65567258
Here. DVI can technically do what you're saying, but requires some effort. I'd just go HDMI honestly.
>>
>>65567355
It could be that yea. Seems to me that M.2 booting still hasn't been perfected. I would open the disk in Gparted as you said and format it as NTFS (Windows partitioning). See if that changes things when you're trying to install windows.

If not, I'd say return the disk as it may be defective.
>>
>>65567379
Guess it's time to ditch DVI
>>
Bought a new cooler to replace my stock piece of shit. The only microfiber cloths I can find at the moment are some chink garbage I bought from Frys that left microscratches on my phone. With that in mind, what's the best way to clean off any remaining paste the stock cooler left on my cpu? Will a paper towel fuck my shit up?
>>
>>65567618
regular cotton cloth and alcohol
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 880x258)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
How is this possible
>>
I have two PCs connected to an av receiver which is connected to a 1080p monitor. Often after boot, the desktop displays at 1080p @ 30Hz, which looks blurry and awful. It happens both on my Windows PC and my Linux PC. Is it my av receiver that is causing this? After bootup, on both PCs, I can manually switch to 1080p @ 60Hz and it works fine. But I have to do this after nearly every bootup.
>>
>>65567694
two cores?
>>
File: temps2.png (70 KB, 1314x600)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
GAHHHHHHHHHHHH WHICH ONE IS TELLING THE TRUTH THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE
>>
>>65567935
Why does it matter?
It isnt at a high threat temp
>>
Is it OK to go with a PROBABLY BROKEN cpu fan for a day or two
>>
File: question.png (212 KB, 901x1007)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
are 1.2ghz dual cores actually good enough for modern web browsing? i know apple does crazy shit to optimize their computers to run on less hardware (like iphones still beating higher specced android phones) but im a little afraid to bite the bullet on a new macbook with only a dual core
>>
How easy would it be to create a script that automatically sorts downloaded files into folders based on a certain part of the filename when the filenames always follow the same format?
And create a new folder with that name if it doesn't exist?
I'd like to try doing it myself, the only language I can even remotely write is C#.
>>
>>65567980
nibba just slap a case fan on your heatsink and power it via a MOLEX/SATA-to-3pin connector and turn off CPU fan error detection in BIOS
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28 KB, 365x234)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Today this pop up happened. It showed up a few hours after I did slmgr -rearm to get another 30 days of trial period like I've been doing for more than 2 years now. It appeared a few months ago and nothing happened, and right now it doesn't seem like anything is wrong either.

What's this about and should I be worried my Windows could one day suddenly say fuck you and stop working
>>
>>65568026
It's overpriced but functional. The main thing you get out of a processor that anemic is battery life. If that matters enough to throw THAT much cash behind, knock yourself out.
>>
Suppose I have a device that's rated as "2 A charging current" and I plug it in a smartphone wall charger rated for 0.5 or 1 A.
Will the device actually draw 2 A and maybe damage the charger or the charger will regulate the output to its maximum rated current?
>>
Someone remembers the name of this online page that you can upload images to and it'll improve the quality?
It was something along the "chan" line, but cant remember the name
>>
>>65568405
Never mind, found it, it was waifu2x
>>
>>65568026
I would sharpen the edge of that laptop and slit my wrists with it if i paid $1600 for a 1.3ghz processor.
Buy literally anything, get something in the 3 or 4 range

If you just need "web browsing" get a lenova or chromebook
>>
Im using an iPad 1 and noticed that when I browse 4chan it lets you bypass the cooldown timer thingy.
Why is this and how can we reproduce this on something else thats not an iPad 1?
>>
If earth is flat would it wear pants like this or like this?
>>
>>65564773
Didn't see a thread about phone questions, but I have had an iphone 5s for 3 or 4 years and it is dying. I got a used Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL) off ebay.

My question is, is it a good phone or at least better than iphone 5s?

General comparison websites had it at least competing with iphone 7. As long as it is a general upgrade I will be happy.
>>
>>65568562
You have to do a recaptcha every 2 minutes.
After you solve one on any board, you have 2 minutes grace period where you dont have to solve one
>>
>>65568513
cant, my workplace uses proprietary software which only runs on macOS (all the devs here use macOS)

im part of the "deployment" team at my work so i dont work on software but i do need to use their software which means i have to buy a macbook lol
>>
>>65568387
Lowest common denominator. Both devices have to hit a certain spec for it to charge at that rate.
>>
im getting 3fps less average since moving my gpu to the 2nd 16_x1 slot on my SLI board

arent both slots supposed to be the same? my sound card in a pcie slot isn't taking a lane is it? i have 8th gen cpu if it matters.
>>
2nd x16 slot*
>>
File: key.jpg (20 KB, 500x366)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>65564773
If I replace my hungarian laptop keyboard with a us one, will it be compatible with my machine? It would be much cheaper, and I wouldn't mind the layout.
>>
>>65568793
it makes slot 1 and 2 x8 to use the 2nd slot, how can i stop my one gpu in 2nd slot from being x8 mode?
>>
My mother currently uses Windows Movie Maker for easy and simple video editing for her job, and she's wondering if there's any programs that are similar in ease of use but with a bit more complexity to them.
Doesn't matter if it's free or paid
>>
Is there a way to recover a lost partition? I have a hard drive that's just a standard NST for Windows, when I plug it in Windows wants to reformat it but I've been able to experiment with different software and I can see the raw data. I can use a program to pull the raw data but JPEGs alone is half a million because it's pulling shit like iTunes photos and my internet cache from before the laptop died.

I just want to be able to pull the handful of folders I want without shifting through thousands upon thousands of files with no structure
>>
I remember that I had to get a certain driver to make the internet connection work when I installed Windows XP a fuckton of years ago.

Now I want to install a linux distro because reasons. Do linux distros also need a driver to have internet connection? How do I know which driver should I download before installing?
>>
>>65569119
>How do I know which driver should I download before installing?

Copy the model name + the distro you want to use and follow instructions
>>
>>65568883
Electronically it will be compatible, but some ISO cases won't accept ANSI layout. (Cases like MacBook, or some ASUSes), but I think it is not a case here.
>>
>>65569143
Model name of what? The router?
>>
File: AnnoyingCunts.png (23 KB, 356x636)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
How do I get around pic related?

I have a YouTube account and a cellphone, but I created another YouTube account to upload silly meme garbage bullshit that I don't want associated with the first one. I don't have a second cellphone because I'm not a terrorist, a nigger or a CIA agent. How do I get around this ASIDE from making an email and a youtube account every time I want to upload a random video.
>>
>>65568026
250$ Dell is enough for browser, with 4W Celeron? and it will have 6-10 battery life.
>>
>>65569158
Just ask a relative to use their number
>>
>>65569158
Change your birthday, so you are 15-17 yo. It should fix the issue.
>>
>>65569157
jfc
Read your post again and then read my post then think for a little bit before you post again
>>
>>65569196
How am I supposed to change my birthday if I can't log in?
>>
>>65569199
Oh shit, sorry. I get it now.
Thanks.
>>
>>65569209
Well, you're fucked then.
Reboot router, create new jewgle account...
>>
>>65569240
Those fucking niggers, man. I hope another one of their employs starts shooting up the place. Hopefully a competent one next time.
>>
>>65568619
5s is old as balls in phone terms.
>>
>>65568325
never seen that or heard of it before. seems shady
>>
is there any good internet tv options for tech illiterates?

every time i see someone ask this, everyone just replies "lol pirate everything" or "lol find obscure 480p russian streams that are full of ads and go down all the time"

is there a legit actually usable option? something that costs less than my tv plan (95 dollars a month with charter)
>>
>>65569418
kodi or plex. kodi is a bit easier to set up for the free shit though. have a look around tvaddons.co to figure shit out
>>
File: Loading4.gif (43 KB, 200x192)
43 KB
43 KB GIF
>>65564773
Got a shitty verizon router that doesnt reach outside of the living room. I ran a 50 foot ethernet to my bedroom but my roomate needs wifi to a camper thats on the side of the house. Its about 2-3 large bedrooms away from the router with 2 walls between it. They do not want to run ethernet outside. What do? I feel lost lookin at wifi repeaters and extenders.
>>
>>65569528
>They do not want to run ethernet outside
Tell them to run an ethernet cable

>repeaters, extenders
Just going to be a waste of money and more pain then worth it
Run a cat 6 ,put it in a pipe if you want too
>>
>>65569528
Short of running ethernet directly out to them, the best thing would be setting up a second router in the window closest to the camper.
>>
>>65569633
I figured lol
>>65569673
I actually tried that before running cable to my room but i couldnt get wifi off the second router so i ended up just using it as a switch to hardwire other computers in my room.
>>
>>65569528
>camper thats on the side of the house.
Have him get his own fucking connection and router in his shitty camper
>>
>>65569633
pretty much this
get some small diameter pvc pipe, run the cable through that and bury it so you don't have to look at it
>>
my 2tb hard drive has been acting up a lot recently: it has been terribly slow, both in read and write operations.
SMART data says it's fine, apparently, although i sometimes get an unknown status error

it's got around 26k fly hours, do you guys think it's kicking the bucket already?
>>
>>65569741
sounds like. best back yo shit up and have another drive on hand for when it craps out
>>
>>65569757
thank fuck i got one last week. Better back up the rest then
>>
>>65569721
>couldnt get wifi off the second router
As in you plugged in a secondary, wifi capable router, and you were not able to get wifi from right next to it, but you could somehow get internet through it via physical connections?
>>
i have access to FREE and pretty much unlimited electricity (until i overload the power line)
how can i make money out of it?
i was thinking of crypto-mining where i start with old/junk cards and progress to top tier ones. what do you guys think?
>>
If I use updated Firefox with uBlock but my BIOS is vulnerable will I still be okay against Spectre?
>>
>>65569798
You're 10 years too late
>>
>>65569741
Yeah time for a change. What I do is backup something important on it and keep it in storage for a while, then when my new drive starts to get old I just swap out the data on it and do the cycle all over again.

then again I hate to throw away working parts, even if they are getting old. I still have my 560ti.
>>
>>65569741
Test Read/Write speeds in Linux
>Why not windows
So its not being used by the OS.
>>
>>65569804
lolwat
>>
>>65569804
In theory no, but it depends on how creative they get. Sandboxing is useless, which is a pretty big part of security.
>>
>>65569035
Testdisk.
>>
>>65569814
no, not really
>>
File: 1521734692823.webm (1.93 MB, 720x394)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB WEBM
>>65569841
>>
>>65569820
Arch is main OS so i will do that for sure

>>65569815
yeah, same here. I keep all my old mobos and all, even if they're broken.

Here's another stupid question though, does defragmenting actually do anything or is it just a meme that got too far? by logic it shouldn't make much of a difference on newer drives but who knows.
>>
>>65569863
and atill no answer
>>
>>65569841
Yes really.
You'd have to have a mountain of cards to even generate 1 bitcoin per year
You cant just start mining with a 950 and expect to get any fucking where any time soon
>>
>>65569035
testdisk, recuva if you're on windows might do something. It's not the best program but i've used it successfully several times.

You wouldn't believe the nudes and raunchy shit i've found on used memory cards with that thing
>>
>>65569826
Thanks. Asus hasn't released an update yet for the H97M-E and I don't know if they will. Why does Intel keep having hardware security problems? This sucks.
>>
>>65569877
testdisk/photorec is now available for windows with an easy installer
>>
>>65569865
>Here's another stupid question though, does defragmenting actually do anything or is it just a meme that got too far?
It does what it is supposed to do, which is optimize file localization in the HDD platter.
Its useless in stuff like USBs and anything that uses NAND/eMMC because they don't have random read/write problems and can read randomly from the disk with no performance loss.
>>
>>65569865
On newer drives not really. It was suppose to be really helpful on older ones and of course it doesn't do anything on SSD.

I would do it on a HDD if you are bored and not doing anything though, it might help a little bit. I think they still implement it in Win10 just in case some one managed to keep a 10 year old HDD and it would be useful to them.
>>
>>65569891
It has always been but it ignores file/folder structures so you are ripping thousands of files with no filenames or folders.
>>
>>65569875
>You'd have to have a mountain of cards
no problem. i can get lots of free and not that much old cards for absolutely free
i'm just wondering what kind of money i can expect? 1$/month per card?
>>
>>65569798
crypto-mining is a good idea, but it won't give you incredibly high results unless you invest in a ton of hardware and even then the results will be rather slow, especially if you mine high-difficulty shit like bitcoin, but you could probably make a solid buck mining monero/dash/eth/NEO or other similar altcoins.

the real e-currency mining is getting a bunch of computers and make an MMO bot farm, results are much higher although it comes with a difficulty curve.

You could also host servers, obviously, but that depends on your internet.

Uhh, maybe make an arc solder/furnace and start making metal objects to sell? Or use it as a heating source when it's cold? can't think of much else for now
>>
>>65569871
Unless you have a dozen rx470's or 1080's lying around your not going to make much money. Especially now that the crypto market is recovering. Besides you are wasting electricity and resources for meme money.
>>
>>65569916
yeah I had that problem too, don't remember what I used but there's software to organize that shit into folders based on meta data date info
>>
>>65569865
Defragmenting is part of normal maintenance optimization on HDDs, in the same way TRIM is part of the way SSDs stay snappy. It's been automatic as fuck for over a decade now. Don't mess with your OS's defaults and you'll be fine.
>>
>>65569933
you should not use cards for bitcoin, get some ASICS

if you do get free cards mine altcoins, bitcoin is an oligarchy and difficulty is stupid now. just do shit like deepbrainchain or NEO to also farm GAS in a wallet and skycoin to sell bandwidth and you'll be set

>>65569965
right. Never defragged this HDD so maybe that has something to do with this, but who knows.

Trim is a PITA to activate on arch apparently though because it's not automatic, but i've yet to be bothered to tackle this
>>
>>65569978
Its unrelated, you wont see huge performance loss or problems from not defragging a HDD.
It would affect read speeds by a minimal amount, but not write speeds.
>>
>>65569888
>keep having hardware security problems
Considering this problem came into existence around 2 decades ago, you really can't lump it in with anything else.

Unfortunately a lot of boards older than a year or two aren't going to get patched. I believe most linux distros are immune. Also I've heard rumors of people modding their own bios with the patch, but I don't know if that's viable.
>>
>>65569832
>>65569877
I've already used TestDisk and the files came back as piles of unorganized files. I was hoping to find a way to convert raw file system to NTSC without losing the data. I just don't want to have to go through 500,000 JPGs to pull the items my family didn't back up.

Also, it does really like to pull the porn first. I have folders upon folders of unorganized and duplicate porn.
>>
>>65569948
doing some googling on the subject and folder axe looks promising
>>
>>65569933
>i can get lots of free and not that much old cards for absolutely free
Even if you "got lots of free" 9XX series, you would still need motherboards that havew pci3 16x. Lets say you do get "free" motherboards that have 4 slots per motherboard, you're going to need more and more as you expands up

I doubt you're getting $10,000 worth of tech for free
>>
>>65569996
try easeus
>>
>>65569996
>Also, it does really like to pull the porn first.
Priorities my man.

Recuva will work and do what you want but it does a worse job at recovering files that have been overwritten.
>>
>>65569978
If you're using an SSD then functional trim should be priority #1. It'll tank performance hard. I have a hard time believing that an OS wouldn't have some form of it going by default in 2018.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (61 KB, 720x960)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>65564773
How can i access my LUKS encrypted porno drive from windows that doesnt involve a VM?

Librecrypt is throwing a shitfit and refuses to work
>>
>>65569937
server is not an option
obviously i don't expect huge munny but even if it's like 100$/month, that's absolutely fine. it's literally free money for nothing and that's still 100$ for further expansions
>>65569941
afair we live in capitalism and it is about wasting resources
>>65570000
people junk all kind of shit for dumb reasons. maybe it's not only 9xx series but why should it matter when i get it for free and it makes money for free?
>>
>>65570020
yeah, i agree. I also don't want this to die sooner, so i'll probably get around to it tomorrow at latest.

>>65570024
hundred a month isn't a crazy estimate, you should at least try it.
>>
>>65570007
Tried that. Wanted 80 bucks to do what Testdisk does

>>65570013
I'll give Recuva a shot. All I need is a single folder that was on the desktop, I wasn't expecting this to be such a nightmare. Last time this happened to my aunt's hard drive I was able to just hook it up and pull the shit she needed.
>>
can you get two internet lines in one household? i've been wondering this for a while
>>
>>65570051
is there a site with a list of graphic cards (including the old ones) and their average hash rates?
>>
File: 1505428866988.jpg (144 KB, 1000x1430)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>finally get fiber broadband
>can't torrent because of the high risk of getting caught these days
what do
>>
>>65570175
I've never used one, so I can't tell you if it's good, but people usually recommend using a VPN for that.
>>
File: IMG_0012.png (81 KB, 640x960)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
I realize that this is a question from around 2014 but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I've got an iPod Touch 4G that I'm more than happy with. The OS on it is 5.1.1. I'm fine with it and I barely use any apps as it is but I'd like to know if updating the OS to 6.1.6 (the last available OS update for this model) has any big changes to the native music app. Pic related is what I'm concerned about primarily for podcasts as I listen to a bunch. I want to still be able to sync music/podcasts just like I'm used to but from what I gather you have to actually download podcasts on the device with 6.1.6 (?) I've done a bunch of Googling but I haven't found anything that answers my question as everything I've found is just info on how to jailbreak the device from various third worlders who drone on about nothing.

tldr - for music is there any benefit to updating from iOS 5.1.1 to 6.1.6 on an iPod?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>65570175
>high risk
What risk?
The only thing that is a risk is torrenting GoT the night it comes out or at all.
Thats it
Been torrenting since '02, no letters at all
>>
>>65570215
DONT UPDATE
Apple puts shit in that makes it perform slower.
Stay on what you have now
Aside from that...
Read the fucking changelogs,im not going to read them for you
>>
>>65570228
I've read the changelogs but I've not seen anything talking about the changes to the music app. That makes me think it'll be the same but without visual evidence I don't trust them.
>>
>>65570262
Then dont update
>>
>>65570283
Well no shit.
>>
>>65570216
I heard some people got letters because of Skyrim.
>>
>>65570163
nevermind, i found it
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Non-specialized_hardware_comparison
>all those MH/s
this looks very promising
>>
>>65570317
I've probly redownloaded that game a good 10 times over the years, nothing from bethesda
>>
>>65564773
test
>>
File: 1366389568833.png (251 KB, 784x702)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>65570175
private trackers, usenet, irc, don't torrent normie garbage and you'll be fine.

letters don't do jack shit anyway afaik, torrenting is not risky at all
>>
>>65570262
apple doesn't ever do updates that are beneficial to the users. Keep whatever you have and update only if absolutely strictly necessary.
>>
>>65570357
you did good
>>
fseek(text, 2, SEEK_SET);
number = ftell(text);
printf("%d\n", number);

I thought this was going to print out the the value of the second byte of the stream, why does it just print out the number I gave it?
>>
Linked list brainlet here.

How do I shuffle a card deck using linked lists?
I understand what I need to do, I just have no clue how to implement it
>loop how many times you need to swap
>traverse through the list
>pull two nodes: This is where I am stuck
>swap them
>repeat
>>
why do graphics cards have different producers nowadays?

not only they have the similar names, but it's either MSI or Gigabyte or any other fuckery, what's the difference and how does this shit work?
>>
>>65570496
ftell() returns the file's current position offset.

When you called fseek you set the offset for the file text to the second byte. Then you ask ftell() to get you the current byte offset, which is the second byte because you just set it to that!

If you have text file and want the second byte of the file, use fgetc()
fseek(text, 2, SEEK_SET);
number = fgetc(text);
printf("%c\n", number):
// %c is for 'char' format assuming you want to print the character and not its ASCII code
>>
does WebRTC work if microphone and camera is disabled in chrome?
>>
>>65570669
Thank you. Isn't fgetc just for ASCII characters though? I also want to be able to do the same with any kind of file without it being interpreted as text.
>>
>>65570607
Here's how I would do it
>write some code to remove a node from a linked list
>write some code to insert a node into a linked list
>now if you want to 'shuffle' you can just randomly remove cards and randomly reinsert them.
>>
>>65570661
They take the PCB/semantic design from Nvidia to "perfect it", and with perfect it i mean different part than the ones intended originally that work the same, like making it cheaper and trying to make it last longer, also different heatsink design that vary between companies.
Different capacitors (Chinese being the cheaper ones and Japanese being the quality ones), VRMs, MOSFET, and other shit quality, and if they have planned obsolescence or not so the card dies on its own or if you want it to last(If they are cooled by a heatsink or not).
If the heatsink is made of cooper or only aluminium.

Etc.
>>
How far should I be able to overclock a FX-8320 with a 212 evo cooler, ideally keeping stock voltage? I have it at 4 GHz right now and it seems happy.
>>
>>65570780
>FX 8320
Upgrade your CPU anon, even the cheapest Ryzen CPU (Ryzen 2200G) is better.
>>
>>65570789
DDR4 and a good motherboard make that more expensive than it seems.
>>
>>65570698
fgetc returns the next byte in a file. You can interpret it as an ASCII character but you don't have to. fgetc technically returns an unsigned int (ranging from 0 to 255).
>>
>>65570789
>Ryzen 2200G
Thats a socket change bro
cpu+mobo+ddr4 isnt cheap
>>
The arrow keys don't work on my keyboard
Is there software to bind ctrl+[W,A,S D] to act as arrow keys?
>>
I can't download videos from tumblr I get getting "safe mode unknown video" any easy fix?
>>
>>65571064
autohotkey
>>
>>65571075
meant to say with youtube-dl
>>
>>65570811
Awesome, thanks again
>>
Are there any composite to HDMI converters that are powered by batteries?

Plug real estate is very valuable to me.
>>
I want a laptop for video editing and running OBS. Is this a good one?

https://www.amazon.com/FX503VM-Powerful-i7-7700HQ-Quad-Core-Windows/dp/B076KVCSRN/
>>
I'm reading through what GnuPG is. The site describes it as a "universal crypto engine." Can someone explain to me in further details? What does it do and how does it work?
>>
>>65564773
Ok, so I literally just accidentally hit the sleep button on my keyboard, and for some reason my Gigabyte Gaming MX5 Z97 doesn't like to wake from sleep unless I shut it off
So I held the power button to shut it off, waited 15 seconds and hit the power button to turn it on again, except it would act like it was starting up for about 4-5 seconds, then turn off and try to start back up
It was looping like this until I plugged the chord and flipped the switch on the PSU
Is my PSU dead?
>>
>>65571292
Looks a bit too expensive for what it is but should work.
>>
File: 1292445575023.jpg (495 KB, 900x600)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
When I do buy a new CPU(and mobo, and DDR4) what else must be done? I cannot simply plug my SSD back as the boot drive and be done with it correct? what else must be done?
>>
>>65571343
How much too expensive would you say it is?
>>
>>65571354
>I cannot
You can
>>
>>65571367
Not too overpriced but the fact it uses a GTX 1060 3GB reduces much is worth when the 6GB Version is almost the same price.

Example.
https://www.amazon.com/Flagship-Dell-Inspiron-Notebook-Anti-Glare/dp/B078SLL4PT/
>>
>>65571431
Depends
>>65571354
What's your OS?
>>
>>65571512

Windows 10
>>
>>65571515
Ooooooo, you might have to buy a license
Just get MSToolkit and you'll be straight
>>
Why is my 4chanx thread watcher not pruning threads or working properly at all, suddenly?
>>
>>65571526

why would I need to buy a license? my windows 7 key was already used to upgrade to windows 10
>>
File: spreadsheet.png (4 KB, 267x198)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>65564773
I have to do some work using this big ass spread sheet and my professor fucked it up somehow and everything is alphabetized.
Is there a way to organize it by state? I'm using libreoffice and google sheets if that helps.
>>
>>65571599
never should have put three different data types in the same column
>>
File: 1487192921654.jpg (17 KB, 475x357)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>65571599
>libreoffice
>google sheets

For fucks sake
Excel or bust

And fucking KYS for putting county and state in same cell
>>
I like the sounds and feeling of using a mechanical keyboard but I'm worried it will be too loud and wake my roommates and my gf when she is over

Is there a way to plug headphones in to my keyboard so i can listen to the clacking without disturbing others?
>>
>>65571616
I didn't make it man, my professor did.
I forgot to torrent excel since I haven't used that shit in over 10 years.
>>
>>65571599
>>65571626

I'm a pharmacist and when I have students collect data on a topic they do shit like this all the time.
I usually ask them what they plan on doing with the information they put in there or how it will be used and they just give that blank stare.
>>
>>65571559
That license was for your old mobo. However you can often get them to transfer

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
>>
File: 4117.jpg (81 KB, 586x465)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>65571622
>Is there a way to plug headphones in to my keyboard so i can listen to the clacking without disturbing others?
Don't get clicky keys. Just get linear or topre shit. Its not that loud.
>>
File: 1522559853697.jpg (45 KB, 600x638)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>65571626
>I didn't make it man, my professor did.

Then tell the motherfucker to get real.

You could make it to split everything after a coma and dump it in the adjacent row.

I could help you out if it were excel as i can shit out some measly macros.
>>
>>65571639
I like the way it feels though.
>>
>>65571645
Naw its cool but I appreciate the help
I'll just fucking click on every single box like my professor intended. He's a fuckin dumbass. My buddy has him for another class and he hasn't given out the mid term or the final project yet and it finishes in like 2 weeks.
>>
normie here, so does netflix just not work for Pale Moon? Should I just switch to another browser and be done with it?
>>
>>65571661
Get browns or some shit then. Tactile but aren't loud like blues and stuff
>>
File: 9thLY.jpg (46 KB, 507x521)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>65571670
>>65571670
>I'll just fucking click on every single box like my professor intended.

Dont do it nigger
Make a script to throw everything right of a comma into the next cell, and then make a table out of it.

That is assuming that the state goes after a comma always
>>
>>65571682
I don't really know how to do that stuff honestly.
Its ok though I did the really long states already so I just have to click on like 50 more cells and Ill be done.
>>
>>65571677
I have cherry blacks,i didnt like blues, and i didnt like the mushy feeling of the cherry browns on the tester.Felt like i was typing on a marshmellow
>>
>>65571696
you could export into a CSV and run awk/sed/ed type stuff on it
oh wait, nevermind. there's a comma in your data. gg professor.
>>
How do i fix random flickering? It flickers a lot when i play games and videos and a little when Im browsing. I tried unplugging my graphics card and replugging
>>
>>65571439
So you would say this one is all around better and matches the price?
>>
>>65571636
Or they can fuck you like they did me and try to claim that you used the limit on your license and you have to buy another one
After that I got MSToolkit and ran 8.1 with it and got a free license when switched to 10, now I just use toolkit for Office '13
>>
>>65571703
I'd say to try out a electro cap key but you can't get a tester with it on there anymore. Very tactile and completely silent since its rubber dome.
Try out a cherry white
https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Clear
if you can get a chance. The wiki says its more pronounced than a brown. Also maybe try getting stronger springs if you have the knowhow on how to do that stuff.
>>
>>65571717
He's not that bright desu, thank got this class is almost over.
>>
>>65571744
Yes, also it allows you to use Dual Channel RAM (The ASUS you linked before only has one DIMM slot), and better cooling which is really important in this kind of laptops.

Even the SSD has a heatsink in the Dell laptop.
>>
>>65571738

try undervolting your GPU
>>
>>65571717
>oh wait, nevermind. there's a comma in your data. gg professor.
He could replace the commas with something else
>>
File: crashes.png (44 KB, 1333x287)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
So I keep getting random crashes that seem to be related to memory. However I wiped my computer, reinstalled on a new ssd and replaced my RAM and I'm still getting it.

Memcheck shows everything's 100% fine, but all the blue screens happen when opening new tabs or loading something (ie allocating memory).

The corruption must be happening on either the motherboard or the CPU, I just have no idea how to diagnose this.

But then what is it? The motherboard capacitors getting old? CPU being overheated causing damage? Something else?
>>
I bought some flat ethernet wires https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018BCJKE0/ and ran one of them outside through windows (which fully shut and lock, but first come in contact with the cable with a rubber stopper on the bottom of each window).

I tied it off along the wall but about a foot and a half or so off the ground. Should I be worrying about lightning/grounding? What's the best and cheapest way to do that?
>>
>>65571845
Have you overheated your CPU?
>>
I have 7 mp4's i want to merge.
I tried using cat but it didnt merge anything.I then tried mp4box and it does convert them but it removes the audio and it has an invalid time stamp(it say its over 38000 hours long)
What else can merge files?
>>
>>65571845
Post Speccy and SMART data.
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is related to storage.
Run Windows memory test and CHKDSK.
>>
>>65571929
ffmpeg, use -c:v copy to leave the sources alone assuming they match
>>
>>65571942
>>65571845
To make it easier for you, run mdsched.exe and CHKDSK.
>>
>>65571781
Even if I left the Radeon settings to default? I'll try undervolting. Thanks anon
>>
>>65571929
ffmpeg is your friend, desu
https://superuser.com/questions/1059245/ffmpeg-join-two-mp4-files-with-ffmpeg-on-command-line/1059261#1059261
>>
I have a giant ass string that contains multiple sentences. I want to split the string into these sentences and keep the ending punctuation mark. What's the regex to do this?

Right now I am splitting the sentences with the regex "\\.|\\?|\\!|\\;"

This is in Java 8.
>>
I've got a Ryzen 5 1400, slightly overclocked at 3.7Ghz, friend of mine wants to buy a Ryzen 1200/2200G, and I wanted to give him a general benchmark to compare to when he gets it.
I used CPU-Z. Benched, submitted, all good.
The problem is, I accidentally set the voltage to 1.5V for the few minutes, before I restarted to change it back. Also, the CPU was clocked at 3.8, even though it's set to 3.7 via BIOS.
Is there a way to "flush" that submission? It was done anonymously, and now the CPU-Z program doesn't let me submit more results, without it having them same ID as my original fuck up.
>>
File: looong.jpg (108 KB, 1031x623)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Can RAM cause coil whine?
>>
>>65572042
Just link him a CPU Userbenchmark link.
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/3922vsm441832

Unless he wants a simple computer recommend him the 2400G, the Ryzen 1200 is outdated now.
>>
>novice piano player
>taken a few college classes
>enjoy it
>but don't enjoy it enough to be serious
>but still want to play
>don't have enough space for a cheap 88 key anyway
>also kinda want to fuck around with samples
>don't want to break the bank on what will basically be a toy

throw me some suggestions boyos
>>
>>65571997
Capture them in a group then use a replacement regex to insert another character, such as \n, then split based on that.
>>
>>65572060
Oh shit, I forgot about userbenchmark... Thanks, anon.
I was mainly using CPU-Z to give him general numbers that I could verify for him with a simple overclock.
Yeah, he himself was looking at the 1200/1300X/2200G because he's not well off financially, and was after a reasonably strong computer that he could still upgrade CPU without needing a new motherboard in the future for said upgrade.
My fuck up in the submission of a 1.5v overclock still stands. Even uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't let me have a new ID.
>>
>>65572126
The 2200G is a solid CPU.
Don't recommend him the 1200 or 1300.
Recommend him the APU(2200G), this way he doesn't have to buy a GPU.
>>
>>65572126
Why are you even comparing numbers? Who cares about numbers?
>>
File: john-podesta.jpg (30 KB, 854x570)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>65572111
Not sure I follow.

String is something like "I like pizza. Do you like pizza? Let's get pizza!"

Based on my current regex, my string array is ["I like pizza", "Do you like pizza", "Let's get pizza"]

I want the same thing, only with the respective punctuation marks included.
>>
>>65571997
Do Java regexes support forward lookbehind?
>>
File: Capture.png (38 KB, 1259x358)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>65572147
He bought a 1050 Ti before their prices went up, since he had an old GTX 560.
Nah, I'm mostly saying the 1200/1300X in the reply because they're slightly cheaper than the 2200G, and incase they get even cheaper. I understand though.
>>65572159
For basic estimations in difference of performance. Am also using things like 3DMark Firestrike for physics score for a general idea of difference, as well as other things.
He's on an FX4170, so I wanted to get him general differences.
>>
>>65572211
The 2200G is $99, the 1200 is $99 too, and the 1300 is $120-140.
Still the 2200G is better while being the same price.
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/m441832vs3931
>>
>>65572198
I know they support regular lookbehinds, but I'm not sure how to use them.
>>
File: speccy.png (44 KB, 774x839)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>65571913
Not particularly, but it does get upto 90C on hot days, but that's rare and even still it's within spec iirc.

>>65571942
>>65571942
I already ran memtest previously, and checkdsk showed nothing. I might run mdsched later but it's relatively new RAM (under 1 year old).

SMART data shows everything is fine. Also this occured on a previous SSD too, so I highly doubt it.
>>
Is it ok for a white guy to say nigga?
>>
>>65572283
I would tell you test your PC under a Linux install, everything points something wrong with windows.
>How i can tell that
Because if it was a motherboard or RAM problem you would have noticed it right away in MEMTEST.

Try a small Linux Mint Cinnamon (Linux for retards) install just to confirm its not hardware related but software related.
If you get a Kernel Panic there, yeah its something hardware related but what have you tested so far confirms its not the RAM.
>>
>>65572283
What CPU do you have?
Why 90°C?
The only CPUs that hit such temperatures are AMD CPUs or those with Heatsink problems.
>>
>>65572317
The thing is that it's completely random. If you look at the screenshot there are MONTHS without issue, and then there are consecutive blue screens on the same day.

Other than switching to linux for months I may not get any issue.

But I'm fairly confident it's a hardware issue not software.
>>
How come the Calibre dev never bothered making a proper updater for his app that can handle just upgrading whatever small parts of his app he changed? Surely making the large amount of users redownload the whole thing every couple weeks when he changes something adds up?
>>
File: linuxishell.jpg (23 KB, 495x362)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I spent 7 hours trying to get Thinkfan to work and I'm still not done yet and have problems
Should I uninstall Linux and go back to Windows?
>>
>>65572302
nah i think a lot of people would find that offensive
>>
>>65572345
Intel Core i5 4690K slightly OC'd from 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz....with a stock cooler. That's the cooling issue. But idle it's sitting at 40C and in games it's only 80C.
>>
>>65572366
Increase fan speed and add some case fans?
Or better upgrade to a 212 EVO? its only $20 anon.
>>
>>65572388
I'm not sure if you noticed but this is a 4th gen i5 from 2013.

Getting a fan now is practically useless.
>>
>>65572404
Not really, 90°C is really high even for a overclocked CPU, and that I5-4690K is still good even for high end games if you overclock it to 4.5-4.7GHz.
Fucking I5-2500K and I5-3770K are still good too.

Gen 4-7 is the same, only the 8th gen is different.
>>
File: 1519659998876s.jpg (2 KB, 125x120)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>open thread watcher
>click prune dead threads [almost]
>click open all threads instead
>a gorilion tabs open
>firefox brix because ram/swap
jee thx 4chX
>>
>>65572411
>I5-3770K
3570K*
Still both are good.

While your CPU is from 2013 is still really good.
>>
File: 1495103698837.jpg (154 KB, 700x700)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
How do you find more creative porn? There's so much of the same generic shit out there that it's hard to even come up with good search terms. Any ideas on how to break the mold?
>>
>>65572358
good think you said what you did those 7 hours

anyway see /etc/default/TLP
or just
echo conservative | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

>>65571929
that's not how you do it
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

>>65568883
>will it be compatible
why wouldn't it?

>>65570175
>can't
wat? can't you fork $3-5/m for a vpn

>>65571126
i have no idea what tumblr is or does sorry
>>
>>65572411
Can confirm
Running a 4690K @ 4.5GHz with an RX 580 8GB and yeah it does alright
>>
File: megumin.png (2.27 MB, 1240x1748)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
How could I tell if there's a keylogger on my workplace PC?
>>
>>65572544
>Easy way
Run Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
>Hard way
Check Task Manager for weird stuff running
>Enterprise way
Check packages that are going out for something weird.
>>
File: puzzle_box.png (427 KB, 489x405)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>65572507
>>
>>65572507
Hentai/Anime-related porn sites
pornhub.com/random
Aside from those, I can't think of anything off by heart. I wouldn't mind finding some new stuff. Vanilla gets pretty boring.
>>
>>65572507
Sadpanda, Pixiv.
Sadpanda threads were a really amazing way to find new porn, sadly nu-mods banned them from /a/.
>>
File: 1497491983236.png (72 KB, 449x498)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
Does running a smartphone launcher like Nova run on top of the default launcher, like simultaneously, or does it replace it altogether?
>>
>>65572642
It replaced it
>>
>>65572415
>open all threads
how to hide it? can't find it in the inspector
>>
I have anl freetier AWS account with 75 bucks in it thanks to having an .edu email. Is it worth setting up an OpenVPN node using Amazon EC2?

What other interesting shit can I do with it?
>>
>>65564773
Does anybody have a link on how to program in python a .csv file to a mysql object
>>
http://readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-107/
How do I stop the page from loading so slow? I was hoping I could click 'inspect' and then kill all of the unneccessary processes that are loading in the background.

Everything loads fine but when you get to half way down the browser slows right down because there's a whole bunch of unneccesary shit happening(as far as I can tell) in the background.
>>
>>65573070
By not reading stuff in such shitty site.
Also use uBlock Origin block element and uMatrix.
>>
File: 28385284984.jpg (295 KB, 1280x1592)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
As far as web dev jobs are concerned which is easier to learn/do, frontend or backend?
>>
>>65573103
Ok, thanks.

It disables some functionality but does speed up the page.
>>
>>65573198
Disable uMatrix if it disables too much and you are lazy to manually enable parts of the site.
Add more filters to uBlock Origin in the settings.
>>
I inherited some old craptops. Are any of these worth using, giving to family, or selling for parts nowadays or should I just cannibalize them for the HDD's and chuck them?

#1 Asus X533MA (looks like it has shit reviews online, no charger so $26 for replacement)
- Intel Pentium N3540 @ 2.16GHz
- Integrated Graphics 1366x768@60Hz 15.6in screen
- 698GB Seagate ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB
- 8.00GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

#2 Acer 5250-0441
- AMD E-350 @ 1.7Ghz (dual core)
- Integrated ATI AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics 15.6" screen
- 6.00GB DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
- 465GB Seagate ST9500325AS
>>
Please for the love of god tell me what anitvirus I should switch too from Avast, Im so fucking done with this program/companies bullshit
>>
>>65573215
>26 for replacement
What the fuck, it should be $10 tops.
The first one is a nice decent simple laptop, keep and use it, connect it to your TV or gift it to a family member.
Put a cheap SSD on it like ADATA SU800.

The second one is trash but works, the RAM and HDD is worth more than the laptop itself, like 4 times more.
>>
>>65573228
Malwarebytes.
Disable the trial once you install it and its a 10/10 AV.
>>
how do I configure wifi priority on an at&t bgw210 router?
I can't find it in the settings
>>
>>65573204
So they do the same thing in tandem and one is easy mode?
>>
File: whatsthedifference.png (74 KB, 1920x1096)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
What is the difference between the default Vim that is installed on Fedora 27 that is accessed by typing "vi", and the Vim you get from dnf install vim, that is accessed by typing vim?

For example, the terminal on the left is accessed by typing "Vi", and the terminal on the right is accessed by typing "Vim". They are both apparently "Vi Improved" and the same version number, the only difference I see is the colors... or is there more to it?
>>
>>65573263
Both are different and do different stuff.
>>
>>65573251
>Disable the trial once you install it

explain
>>
>>65573305
It comes with a 14 day trial the first time you install it, with features most people don't need.
In settings>Account details you can end it.
>>
>>65573318
thankyou anon
>>
So I ended up successfully configuring a VPN server and managed to connect with it, but somehow I'm still subjected to local firewall rules, what gives?
>>
>>65568026
2 core 2 thread Acer was $200.
Plays youtube 1080p 60fps
>>
>>65568644
No, I mean, the post cooldown, like, you can post even if it says you have to wait 20 seconds or whatever
This only happens on iPad 1.. i wonder why
>>
>>65566556
I have this too, and it's still broken
>>
Alright /g/, here's a REAL Stupid Question.
I cannibalized a SATA-USB connector from an external HDD. If I were to plug it onto a normal internal HDD, would I then be able to use that as a USB drive? I assume it'll work fine but maybe external drives are specifically calibrated differently and it won't work properly with a garden variety internal.
>>
>>65568325
In the old days of XP if you changed motherboard or a critical component it'd shouw you this. Apparently still a thing with 7 but much rarer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (129 KB, 1655x996)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
Can someone smarter than me why I'm getting this trying to install Bluestacks?
>>
File: toots.jpg (122 KB, 1279x667)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>65564773

I've got three old 2.5' HDDs and I want too hook them up to a powered USB hub and use them for storage.

What I'm looking for is something to mount them in so they're not just sitting on my desk.

I don't want one of those $300 fucking raid enclosures, I just need like a basic metal drive bay thing from a desktop.

Can anyone link one that I can buy? Thanks
>>
Whilst installing Slackware, which package series should I choose if I want to use i3wm instead of KDE?
>>
>>65564773
Does a catch-all mail address catch all mails for a domain or just those that don't exist yet?
>>
Anyone here subscribed to the Suckless mailing list? I have a bug(?) and can not report it since my mail is instantly denied even though I've subscribed.

Is there other way to contact the devs?
>>
>>65574156
their irc
>>
>>65574232
Thanks. I'll try it.
>>
>>65567174
bump
>>
>>65569158
buy a "pay as you go" sim-card and plop it into your phone and then give them your burner sim card numb
>>
OK, I want to "build" a website but I have no experience with such or with C++ (or the like) and I don't want to use WIX or GoDaddy.
What is best route to take here?
>>
>>65574664
>C++

>base
html
css

>l33t
js
php
>>
>>65574664
view-source:http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/
>>
I have 3 HDDs in my computer, all WD.
>Windows and program installs
>Vidya gaems
>Images and junk - less than a year old
One of them is chirping once after a 10~20 minute interval. I think it's the new one since it likes to spin down right before I find something from 4chan to save, but what can I run to make sure it's that one and not the main drive? Or should I wdidle it?
>>
I need a decent camera that i can hook up to my good quality USB mic i already own to get good audio from. I don't know if this is possible for 200-300 dollars but figured id ask. im not looking for groundbreaking shots, just something to record people sitting and talking at a watchable resolution. All the videos i've found link cameras anywhere from 600-1000.
>>
My Android 8.0 phone has suddenly changed all black colours to a much lighter shade of gray. Appears to be a software thing. Why and how do I change it back?
>>
>>65564773
Do you guys know any satellite internet providers that accept crypto ?
I looked at almost every provider and they only accept credit cards.
>>
What's the difference between Encapsulation and Abstraction?
>>
>>65574664
you need to learn assembly to know how to build a website
>>
Will an i7 3770 work in a hp compaq 8000 elite, it houses an i5 2400, i heard someone mention about backwards compatability but idk
>>
I would like an "HDMI-stick" which would be an HDMI cable without the cable part, just a short, stiff connector-to-connector plug. It would be really practical to hang the Raspberry Pi behind the TV directly from the HDMI output. Seeing that the weight is so small, I don't think it would be a problem. Does it exist? I know the market for such a device would be minimal and it would probably not be any business in this, but I'm not one to give up on my dreams.
>>
File: sfw01.jpg (36 KB, 190x250)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
future op, yay or nay?
>>
Do Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering companies care if some of the things you have in your portfolio are quasi-illegal? Like making translation patches to older Japanese-only games, fansubbing unlicensed anime, writing emulators, etc.?
>>
>>65575691
An emopoyer will look for if you have the competence they need and if you have the personality to get the job done.
Whether they care if your earlier experiences are semi-illegal depends on the employers moral standards. That can't be predicted.
Personally, if I was gonna employ you, as long as your earlier experience does not tell me that you are a threat to my company's business or -interests, all is well. I'm not so sure that a company living off of strictly japanese-only games would hire you.
>>
>>65575691
Break it down into what you did rather than how it applied to the finished product. Because
>translation patches
>writing emulators
Is vague as fuck and tells them nothing about what you did to get it done.
>>
>>65575742
employer*
I have no idea what happened there
>>
I have a laptop with a OS partition of about 60gb I'd like to backup. I'd like to back it up to my desktop computer, over the local network. I'd like to back it up in a workable state, including the OS files and all.
What's the best tool for this? I don't have an external hard drive for intermediate storage or anything.
>>
>>65575557
This?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Male-Coupler-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0060GJZ1S
>>
>>65575857
I like HDClone by Miray, but I have an old portable version I "borrow" from an earlier workplace :^) I have not tried the free version, so I don't know what you'll miss. But cloning is a piece of cake, just select what you want to do:
Direction (backup or restore)
What (DVD, partition, entire drive, etc)
Then give stuff names and tell it where to put it, and you are golden.
>>
>>65575874
YES! Thank you <3 I could not find anything like it if my life depended on it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.