[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20180914_193903.jpg (137 KB, 548x640)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>"It genuinely does affect women's hand health, women do buy more iPhones than men, it just baffles me that Apple doesn't design with our bodies in mind. We should be furious about this, we are paying just as much money for it as men for a product that doesn't work as well for us"
Has technology gone too far?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/7256119/new-iphone-too-big-for-women-apple/
>>
>>67604660
>women
>staying out of the kitchen
The fuck?
>>
I thought being a women was a state of mind, and wasn't related to physical form.
>>
>>67604660
Buy a phone that fits your ergonomics then? Its not like apple is the only phone manufacturer..
>>
>>67604683
kek this
>>
>>67604701
But that requires action from their part besides complaining on the internet.
>>
>>67604660
Burn the witch
>>
File: EQUALITY.gif (3.19 MB, 360x202)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB GIF
>>67604660
>It genuinely does affect women's hand health, women do buy more iPhones than men, it just baffles me that Apple doesn't design with our bodies in mind

Can we go on a purge yet?
>>
File: the_state.webm (402 KB, 1280x720)
402 KB
402 KB WEBM
>roasties are literally sheep that don't know how to handle themselves
>can't shop for themselves unless it has a social status badge on it
>>
File: 1498538401878.jpg (29 KB, 480x552)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>67605011
Hot
>>
>>67604683
nice one!
>>
File: image_6.jpg (31 KB, 381x403)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>67604660
>iPhones are literally designed for women and men pretending to be women
That's a given though, how is this news?
>>
>>67605118
Nice reading comprehension, weebshit.
>>
Your next line is “anime website”
>>
>>67605141
>Women like "big" things but complain about it like retards but still use it anyway.
k
>>
File: patriarchy.gif (1011 KB, 299x193)
1011 KB
1011 KB GIF
>>67604660
le ebil patriarchy strikes again.
>>
>SJWs bitch to Apple make more smaller iPhones
>Apple makes a compact phones
>Android oem who cocksuck Apples copy this

I am okay with this.
>>
>>67604660
Wow! Women found yet something else to bitch about.
>>
I have tiny hands compared to my average height and it's really not that hard, I've a 6.1" phone and I only eventually need to use one handed mode if my hands are full and I need to order a taxi or something.
>>
Weird, it seemed like women were the driving force to making phones bigger. Back when big phones weren't that common, most of the people who had them were women.
>>
>>67604660
>it's a "women bitch about (super popular thing) instead of trying to find a niche that works for them" episode
>>
>>67604660
So why women always go for the big screen phones? I met not a single woman who prefer smaller screen than big screen.
>>
>>67606158
>I met not a single woman who prefer smaller screen than big screen.

Same experience here. In my expert opinion it is due to the status that having the biggest (and most expensive) phone brings. Now they'll have trouble if they want to show off as their tiny women hands will struggle with the huge phone so they decide to blame men, as always.
>>
>>67604660
>know phone doesn't fit in your hand
>buy it anyway
>complain it doesn't fit you hand after buying it
????
>>
>>67604660

Why do people willingly read this shit and get themselves riled up over it? Fucking ignore this shit. Such a god damn waste of brain power.
>>
iPhones have a lot of problems bit I don't think being "sexist" is one of them lol
>>
File: anime_vom.jpg (82 KB, 680x680)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>67606004
This. All the girls at my school had the plus size phones for whatever reason.

Also mfw I see the 6plus in white with that fucking bezel nowadays
>>
>>67606158
They use bags to carry stuff, men need their pockets.
>>
>“Women like me with small hands who need the most secure phone for safety reasons are stuck with something they can’t hold and constantly risk dropping,”
>British journalist Caroline Criado Perez told The Telegraph she suffered from a repetitive strain injury after using an iPhone 6, which has a 4.7-inch-wide screen, because it was too large for her grip.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/14/apples-bigger-screen-iphones-are-slammed-for-being-sexist/
>>
>>67607044
uhh there's still the regular size option which is the same size as every iphone has been since 2014
>>
Regardless of the outrage farming, it sucks that there’s one less small phone with current-ish specs on the market. There’s what, the XPERIA compact and a bunch of Indian garbage?
>>
>>67607182
People are using their phones way more, that's why the screens are getting larger.

The only people who want small screens now are super old people and that's because they want to put it in their pocket and forget it's even there and never use it.
>>
i have small faggoty hands and really can't stand big phones so stick with the iphone se. whats the best option for an upgrade? thinking about xz2 compact.
>>
>>67607208
i don't get this argument. i can see everything just fine on a small screen.
>>
>>67604660
I don't see them crying about the bbc they blow being big
>>
File: littleanger.jpg (23 KB, 495x362)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>67604660
>APPLE has come under fire from feminists who say iPhones are now too big for women to hold.
WHY
THE FUCK
DOES IT MATTER
THAT THESE PIECES OF GARBAGE
ARE FEMINIST TRASH NIGGER CATTLE?

When do they stop politicizing every fucking nigger shit?
>>
File: suspicious dog.jpg (31 KB, 316x340)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Have you noticed that the only sites publishing articles like these are sensationalist momblogs like The Sun, Daily Mail and Telegraph?
>>
>>67607332
henlo frum r/4can :^)
>>
>these heaux don't know about reachability
don't worry, they thought of everything
>>
>>67604660
>It genuinely does affect women's hand health
>women's hand health
>>
>>67607044
Sweetie, the RSI isn't because the phone is too big, it's because you use it too much.
>>
>>67604660
>it just baffles me that Apple doesn't design with our bodies in mind
E Q U A L I T Y
Q
U
A
L
I
T
Y
>>
Holy shit, Apple BTFO.
>>
>>67607044
>who need the most secure phone for safety reasons
Wow, android btfo
>>
>>67607437
It's almost like their business model relies entirely upon shock value and clickbait.
>>
>>67604660

>women can do anything men can do
>women can't hold an iPhone

the absolute state of feminism
>>
>>67607208
This. Wanting smaller phones was a 2000s thing back when people only expected them to be used for making and receiving phone calls. After people realized they could browse the web, stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and podcasts, do work and a lot of other things, people started asking for bigger screens and in turn, bigger phones again. Trying to go back to a 4-inch display after using a 7-inch display for years is unbearable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDxtjVKJ76A&feature=youtu.be&t=4m10s
>>
My mom showed me this article earlier. She explained that the Notification Center and Control Center are both too far up to reach with her thumb, resulting in a struggle every time she wants to access them.
I said it actually wasn't much of a problem, told her about the Reachability feature, in which you basically just bring the entire screen down a couple inches to make things near the top easier to reach without strain.
She said, "Oh, that's cool..." and after a silence, got angry. "So now women have to go through two steps for tasks that would only take one for a man?"

I give up.
>>
File: serveimage.png (120 KB, 850x400)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>67607737
>"So now women have to go through two steps for tasks that would only take one for a man?"
>>
>>67604660
I figured the smaller phone was for women and the Turbo BigMax was for men?
>>
https://www.indy100.com/article/iphone-xs-sexist-too-big-apple-size-women-hands-technology-8537891

This is such a first world problem
>>
>>67607737
Uhh I know men have like slightly bigger hands but the difference really isn't that much. There's still a massive variance between hand sizes regardless of gender.

Most people I know need reachability on plus size phones and I think you'd need fucking massive hands to do control center one handed on Xs Max.
>>
>>67606855
Irradiating their testicles, slowly causing infertility / genetic damage to germ line cells.
>>
>>67604660
jokes aside, big screens are shit
>>
>>67605378
pls
that seems like the only option
>>
>>67607915
Jokes aside, cell phones are shit.
>>
>>67607913
>wanting to have children
yeah I love losing $50+ per day to clean poop and puke.
>>
>>67607955
I am convinced that you are very enlightened, having taken the red pill and thensome. You'll never be made a slave to the machine.
>>
>>67607942
True.
>>
>>67607942
Yeah I loved the time when anytime I was outside my house I couldn't access any form of computing or internet that was really fun.

I especially loved having to wait in queue lines to buy a train ticket instead of just scanning my phone, and having to make two separate trips to a store and wait a week to have photos developed only to find out they were out of focus.

I member.
>>
>>67607995
I work long hours and have no problem being a slave to the machine. I get paid for that though and my work doesn't involve literal piss and feces.
>>
>>67607881
>that screenshot
I visited both profiles and neither of these tweets exist.
Why would you even bother faking something like this?
>>
File: mfw27.jpg (16 KB, 419x482)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>67604683
>>
>>67608027
>having access to trains
>taking photos
Wew
>>
>>67607044
Then she should have gotten the iPhone SE
>>
One thing shes right though, smartphones nowadays are getting huge, like 6+", probably because of muh gaymes
>>
>>67608027
Now you carry around a radiation emitting device 24/7, besides being a tracking device as well
Enjoy your cancer and lack of privacy
>>
>>67606603
>for some reason
It's because they have purses to carry them in
>>
>>67608027
Too bad the cost is brain damage, hormonal and autonomic dysfunction, and gradual inability to produce viable offspring.

Here's another idea, instead of carrying your brains in your pocket, why don't you develop the one in your skull? As for photos, digital cameras exist, which becomes obvious when you stop conflating "portable micro computer" with "cell phone".
>>
>>67608054
https://twitter.com/SophieRunning/status/1040180910971338753

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
So they admit that there's a difference? Lol way to corner themselves.
>>
>>67608041
Be a slave to the machine on your own then you filthy degenerate.
>>
File: Google It.jpg (294 KB, 1920x903)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>67608054
Look up the text on Google you brainlet.
>>
>>67608625
>cell phones give off radiation
>must be bad
>doesn't understand its nonionizing radation
Low iq mom blogger tier dummy here
>>
>>67608934
What makes you so sure that's what's really happening here?
>>
>>67604660
People's lives are too easy if they're upset about one of many options of a consumer product being unsuitable for them.
>>
>>67609072
You don't seem to understand. This is iPhone. THE iPhone. MY phone. Sexist Apple is moving to DISEMPOWER ME, so I'm taking MY POWER back.
>>
>>67609091
The best part is if Apple actually started making a smaller phone for women, there'd be at least as much legbeard outrage over muh soggy knees.
>>
>>67608998
As I thought, they do not respond. They cannot respond.
>>
>>67608784
That Etienne guy argument makes sense. Although it seems he didn't realize yet how pointless it is to argue with ideologically brain washed.

Just wait for the Indian and their sexual thirst destroy them through sheer number.
>>
>>67609154
"The new <insert brand here> phone is a threat to the body acceptance movement and this is offensive. 10 reasons why smaller screens makes typing more difficult plus size wholesome wamen and why this is fat phobic."
>>
lmao if this stupid shit actually gets big enough for companies to make smaller phones again it’s a win anyway, who gives a shit
>>
But most mainstream phones ARE too big

and I wear extra large gloves. For some reason (((((((they)))))) decided we need mini fucking tablets in our pockets. I don't like it, Ive never liked it.
>>
>>67604683
oh shit
>>
>>67604772
And learning a new ecosystem other than apple which many women (and men) can't do
>>
>>67608998
>not understanding high school level physics
shruggy druggy
>>
>>67607414
Dude, you just fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book: fake outrage from a tabloid newspaper.
>>
It's just because they're starting to realize what size a real, fully grown dick is
>>
>>67610509
You have your opinion simply because you rely on highschool physics, and what you think you know.

The assumption "non-ionizing radiation may only act by heating or induction, and there may be no transduction of a signal that is well below the threshold of ambient thermal noise" has been experimentally disproven as far back as 100 years ago.

I haven't slept more than a few hours per night for like a week, and I've been watching Terry Davis's videos which puts the mind in an altered state. I will say the following, most effects stem from alterations in calcium flux and the activity of various DNA repair enzymes. Chronically elevated intracellular Ca2+ leads to increased NO synthesis, altered neurotransmitter release in nervous tissue, and so on. At the same time there is an increase in leakage from the mitochondrial membrane's electron transport chain (probably by altering the structure of water / the behavior of local hydrogen ions) which causes leakage and therefore lots of superoxide generation. Superoxide reactions with NO to form peroxynitrite, an extremely damaging oxidant. This happens to a degree anyway in normal physiological conditions and it's rapidly dealt with, but in this case physiological processing pathways are overwhelmed, glutathione etc are rapidly depleted, cell damage results. NO and peroxynitrite will readily diffuse through the cell membrane and go on to wreak havoc elsewhere. This can and will kill brain cells, and the process is very similar to what happens in cerebral ischemia.

Other models have to do with ion cyclotron resonance frequencies, changes in radical pairing / reocmbination with locally generated magnetic fields from eg magnetite particles, and generation of solitons in transmembrane proteins. Human lymphocytes, exposed to a GSM cell phone in talk mode for 1 hour develops widespread DNA single / double strand breaks, and a complete arrest in its DNA repair enzymes for the next 72 hours.
>>
>>67610731
Move here and shut up
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone
>>
>>67610731
All of this was known in the 50's in the USSR. Certain well known in the US by the 70's. The Russians and the bulk of eastern europe set their safety standard 1000x lower than ours, literally, with an explicit peak intensity limit. Ours is implicit by averaging over 6 minutes. In occupational settings, exposure to our general public exposure limit was only allowed for 20 minutes per working day, and use of protective equipment was mandated. They took it very seriously, and we replicated many of their supporting research.

Anyway. Look around, and most people have some form of what the Russians called "microwave sickness", it's just normalized and people are drugged to attenuate some of these effects That's a very general overview of the way it is and some of the history. We've since lowered our exposure limit to 1mW/cm2 averaged over .1 hours, 100x higher than Russia et al. Many prominent researchers spent their entire careers on this, like Henry Lai (Washington state university), William Ross Adey, Suzanne Bawin (UCLA Brain research institute), Zorach Glaser of NMRI. There are various publicly available reviews by NASA. Telecom later on brought in the same PR firm big tobacco and others did to handle the spin, Phillip-Morris. By this time the military had had it with funding the public sector and was moving to muddy the waters and crush unfavorable results, especially after Sanguine and their other ELF antennas got shut down, men were becoming wary of radar on ships and servicing the equipment, and so forth. They couldn't "put it to bed" during the Tri-Service era, so they slowly buried it in manufactured controversy.

The data is very clear though, and always has been. Good luck, I know I've about had it. Industry pulled it off. People are so bought in and addicted, they'll cling on with their dying breaths.
>>
>>67610778
It ain't going away, anon.
>>
Didnt feminists do this shit before? I kinda remember this exact same shit back when the flagships all moved to 5"...
>>
>>67607044
This sounds like a marketing campaign for bringing small phone for ladies, don't believe these manafatured controversies. Funny how quickly they make it to the mainstream media, almost like it was preplanned.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.