[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: datfacedoe.jpg (47 KB, 369x369)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Is PHP gonna die soon?
>>
>>68016869
I wish
>>
No, it's more valid than ever since PHP7, but there are definitely more strong contenders on the market now.
>>
>>68016869
why would you want it to die? php7 is great
>>
>>68016869
Nah, just setup a web server yesterday, needed php, unless Apache dies php will be fine
>>
I like PHP, I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should go deeper, or learn something else that will be more useful longer...
>>
>>68017065
php works on more than just apache
>>
>>68017139

Yes, but unless you're on Apache, why would you not just use LITERALLY ANY OTHER LANGUAGE?
>>
>>68016869
I just started learning PHP, and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it. It's basically HTML with C in it. It has all the SQL libraries installed. It's faster and easier than Python. You can use it with IIS and Apache rather than implementing your own server in JS. Why would someone not like this? Speed?
>>
>>68017220
>>68017065
>2018
>IIS and Apache
Use nginx for fucks sake.
>>
>>68017085
what do you think those lily white panties would look like after 3 days of eating nothing but Chipotle?
>>
>>68016869
no, it just got better in the last year than in the last 10 years.
>>
>>68017268
this
if you've literally even typed apache in the past 8 years other than in the line "sudo apt purge apache*" you are fucking disgusting.
and if you've ever used IIS just kill yourself
>>
>>68017268
I use IIS at work and I'm familiar with Apache. What's wrong with Apache though? Everyone says that it's inferior, but I haven't seen the argument.
>>
>>68017399
>haven't seen the argument
you haven't looked very hard
apache can handle 10% of the load of nginx, when nginx isn't even configured properly..
>>
>>68017422
Hmm, okay. What if it's a webapp for my personal use? Is that fine? 1 user can't be a load issue right?
>>
>>68017399
Apache is slow and generally a mess to use, the config files are goddam retarded compared to nginx blocks, you can have a website running in less than 10 lines.

nginx is also really good at proxy/reverse proxy and forwarding stuff in general, you can do a load balancer or a MiTM attack in 5 minutes.
>>
>>68017183
Because good framework, cms and pre-mades sites all come in php
Why wasting time reinventing the wheel when PHP works fine?
>>
php is still good and dirty
>>
>>68017268
Because Apache is free, and I'm just a amateur web dev
>>
>>68017268
Hiawatha master race.
>>
>>68017890
so is nginx you fucking
>amateur web dev
>>
>>68017065
t. I don't know what Nginx + FPM god-tier combo is
>>
>>68017437
I always use nginx, since it's far lighter. I've done tests on raspberry pi and the difference is major.
Nginx is far easier to setup, too.
for 1 user it'll be the server-side script and how well it's coded. nothing but efficiently programmed shit makes a difference with 1 user.
>>
only when laravel stops being a thing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.