[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 98.jpg (57 KB, 633x633)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
>>51971506 → →

>GNU/Linux questions?
>>>/g/fglt

>Programming questions?
>>>/g/dpt

>PC building?
>>>/g/pcbg

>Good, cheap, laptops?
>>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics?
>>>/g/csg

>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
https://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
https://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
https://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
https://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread: >>68011238
>>
>>68022382
>>
i want to learn how to design my own DE from scratch, any tips on where I should start?
>>
File: 022208.jpg (32 KB, 597x154)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Where do these type of filenames come from?
>>
File: Opera_Mail_screenshot.png (34 KB, 600x448)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>68022442
Reposting for more than 1 opinion:
I've been using pic related for a long time but it's been dead for a couple years and I need to move onto something else. I have about 30 accounts that I need to manage, so something that is more conducive to multiple inboxes would be nice. I do not want to use G suite or anything like that. This is just for my windows machine, already have something for Linux. I haven't tried the newest iteration of Thunderbird, but I've never been a fan (slow, memory hog). I dunno. Any suggestions? Open source, preferred.
>>
>>68022488
phoneposters
>>
>>68022522
Fug
>>
>>68022442
I wish I had a gf like that.
>>
I need a good mp4 to webm converter software for ubuntu. Is there any?
>>
>>68022552
ffmpeg
>>
Why do Indians make best programmers?
>>
File: 1532725153819.png (446 KB, 496x497)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>68022692
cause its in their dna to become pajeet
>>
File: india browser.png (858 KB, 1626x920)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>68022692
>Deletes your files
Whoops
>Leaks your memory
Hello you have hackers on your PC give me gift cards
>Makes inconsistent UI and fucks up the search function
The real question is: Why are Indians so nationalistic and proud? You literally shit on the street, you've got nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>68022470
https://www.techworm.net/2015/09/top-ways-to-transfer-files-from-pc-to-android-without-using-usb-cable.html
>>
HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC i7-8550U used 8 months 400€ y/n?
>>
>>68022949
Iffy, those HP's tend to die easy. Ya got personal access to it to see if the battery's still good and the like? If it's minty, I suppose it's an okay deal, but only about half off retail.
>>
>>68022747
wow the fuck
>>
>>68022747
simple answer would be (although not the only one):
that they are so many
its like a huge hivemind
>>
Is it possible for a problem with the PSU where it shuts down the computer because of increased power usage? I have a problem since yesterday that randomly my computer will just power off. It seems to happen when watching anime which uses madvr so I think it might have to do with the graphics card or CPU? But the graphics card couldn't shut off the computer right? After it turns off it doesn't turn on for a little while,

Is there a proper why to diagnose this? I don't want to have to buy a new set of parts and replace them all one by one.
>>
>>68023084
show your full specs
>>
File: Capture.png (31 KB, 558x239)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>68023126
>>68023084
>>
>>68023056
Ye I'll go check it on monday
>>
>>68023084
>>68023138
I think if your video card was failing, it wouldn't restart. You can check your error logs for anything but I'd say it's your PSU.
>>
>>68023182
Is it possible for it to only fail when extra power gets used though? Right now it's been fine for hours but I haven't used my graphics card or cpu that heavily. It might also be the cooler? Really don't know. Luckily a good PSU is only like $100.
>>
>>68023084
>Is it possible for a problem with the PSU where it shuts down the computer because of increased power usage?
Yes, however...
>seems to happen when watching anime which uses madvr
As GPU processes go, this isn't exactly taxing. If it was happening in 3D games (particularly legacy ones), that'd be more apt to be the culprit.

>>68023138
You do seem to have omitted the rather critical article of your hardware specs, however - namely the PSU.

The 980Ti requires, minimum, a 600W PSU with 38A on the +12v rails. So if the PSU doesn't have at least 700W and 40A on those rails, and is at all old, it may fail in certain situations. Despite (>>68023182) this does often result in restarts, rather than power downs.

If you're clear there, check the event log, could still be a hard drive or driver issue.
>>
>>68023200
The PSU doesn't use 100% of electricity at all times. When it is under load, it takes more. Probably not the cooler. I mean, you could install some sort of hardware monitoring software and turn the log file on then do what you normally do to make it crash. Then, reboot when you can and check the temperature log. But I'm willing to bet that it is within normal ranges.

>>68023208
>SeaSonic M12II 850W ! 80+ PSU Modular
>>
I've been using a NFC payment ring from my bank
https://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/wearables/bankwest-halo-nfc-ring

However the other day, i broke it - was able to get a refund thankfully.
How easy would it be to transfer the data to another ring? - hopefully made from metal this time.
>>
>>68023208
I'll try running a game and see if it does it. Checked the logs and didn't see any errors around the time it happened.

>>68023223
I don't suppose you know of any programs that do this?

Something else is when it shuts down the lights are still on on the motherboard. Not the graphics card or the case power button though.
>>
>>68023223
>SeaSonic M12II 850W
Missed that somehow...

70A on the +12v, so not apt to be the culprit lest it's ancient.

Go download HWMonitor or HWInfo, start monitoring temps, and check that event log.
>>
>>68023238
HWMonitor like >>68023245 said should have it, not 100% sure though I haven't had to make any logs like this, I just know the software exists.

>>68023245
PSU failure is hard to diagnose since it doesn't generate any errors. I think it is PSU though. If it was me, I would throw a tester in this machine to see what would happen.
>>
File: IMG_9157.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1600)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Will Audacity + mic + headphones let me hear/practice my voice?
>>
>>68023245
>>68023275
Can't seem to get it to happen after 20 minutes of anime and some gaming. Don't know what temps are high but nothing seems too bad. Around 30 mostly. Should I just dump the entire file? It seems massive.
>>
File: 3m1mtpt367m01.jpg (63 KB, 1241x902)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I got two texts with links to some bdo.to site in the middle of the night from a number i don't know today, I obviously didn't click the actual links but i opened the messages. Is my phone still safe? i don't know much about how phone exploits work
>>
>>68023395
Which file? 30C is fairly low.
>>
File: Capture.png (26 KB, 506x491)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>68023454
The one created by HWmonitor.
>>
>>68023466
Well that's annoying, everything looks fairly peachy. Ya might have to sit on it until it actually crashes, and hope HWMonitor doesn't lose the relevant section of the log. Nothing in the event viewer either?
>>
is there something i can do to make youtube load the whole video full speed and not only when the thing goes close to the non loaded area?
firefox or chrome, windows
>>
>>68023400
Text isn't apt to hurt you lest you click the links.

>>68023301
Yes, but so would a shower.
>>
>>68023531
You can download the whole thing with youtube-dl, otherwise, like most modern streaming services, it only gives what you can take.
>>
>>68023511
This is the only error. It isn't at the correct times though.
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I'll just keep trying for a day or so I guess.
>>
>>68023540
ah that's not good, its for my technologically illiterate father complying about youtube videos break when he tries to jump to unloaded areas sometimes, i have pretty a pretty fast connection so i though that will solve it.
>>
>>68023567
You can try increasing the memory allowed by the browser.
>>
>>68023567
Eh, there is a UI for it out there... Maybe you could script something up he could use, but if he's not comfortable with at least copy/paste, that could be tricky.

I dunno if I trust JDownloader, but some folks around here talk about using it as an in-browser Youtube downloader.
>>
>>68023547
Maybe run an extended memtest meanwhile.
>>
>>68023597
i tried using some thing i googled for, like SmartVideo extension and magic actions for youtube but they don't really do anything
>>
>>68023591
how can i do that
>>
>>68023619
https://superuser.com/questions/1139648/increase-memory-available-to-firefox

You can just google "browser increase memory" for whatever browser you want to use.
>>
>>68022442
Best irc client for android
>>
I've tried two different heat sinks on the CPU header and chassis fan headers but the fans don't spin. Is my motherboard fucked?
>>
>>68023760
My friend, do you have a multimeter for electronics testing available?
>>
Looking to swap out my AIO cooler for an air cooler. What are some good low-cost options that fit LGA 1366?
>>
What is going to happen when lithography for CPU gets below 10nm? Will we ever see 2nm or smaller?
>>
i need a good website to download mp3 files from youtube. no external programs pref multiple at a time
>>
>>68023776
Sorry anon. The most advanced tech in the house right now is a stud finder
>>
>>68023951
Its ok my friend, do you have a spare LED with two wire?
>>
>>68023943
windows:
https://en.savefrom.net/
>>
>>68023687
thanks, ill give it a try
>>
>>68023982
Ok I get what you're saying. Try to test the headers. I could get the store to test it for me.

Let's pretend they don't work, would i be down a couple hundred money to replace the mobo?
>>
>>68024015
My friend, other option exist instead of header on motherboard for powering fans. If you feel the need to upgrade entire computer system because of tiny power failure then you can, but much cheaper solution exist.
>>
>>68023611
JDownloader2 is fine. Just copy the video URL, and download the version you want.
>>
>>68024021
Oh yes you're right. I could try hooking it up with the PSU with a $5 cable i'll have to buy
>>
I want to learn more streetshitting coding techniques.
>>
>>68024055
My friend, such thing is very possible. But if you are looking for reason to upgrade to something better, well now you have it.
>>
>>68024071
Not really. Just panicking because I've been googling all night and i didn't know what to do until now.
>>
>>68024093
My friend, sometimes solution is simple, you have to find electricity where you can but don't just strip wire and put into MOLEX find proper connector to give right amount of electricity that attach to MOLEX plug.
>>
File: IMG_1361.jpg (100 KB, 640x480)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>68023511
Just did it kind of. Usually it stays off until I flip the switch at the back but it's done this before. No storms or anything. CPU temps were about 37.
>>
File: nm.png (15 KB, 1116x91)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>68023830
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_nanometer
>>
>>68022442
Should I get a Xiaomi Mi Band 3? Seems reasonably priced for what it can do (display time, vibrating alarm clock, heart rate tracker). How's Xiaomi's track record concerning the bot net/pushing no updates/anti-features?
>>
>>68024313
Interesting, I will have to read over the article.
>>
How come MPC Blacked Edition says "Invalid Disc Region" while VLC runs it just fine?
Is there a setting somewhere within MPC that disables it?
Trying to watch a disc that runs fine on PS3, Windows Memedia player, and everything else I've tried, except for MPC Blacked edition.
>inb4 vlc mshill
>>
Windows 10 has decided my key is no longer genuine even though I upgraded for free from 8 and had no issues for years. Do I have to buy Windows 10 or is living with the watermark not so bad?
>>
File: IMG_20181004_043005~01.jpg (346 KB, 960x1111)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
What bus speeds do these DDR2 laptop RAM sticks operate at?
>>
Where's the /wdg/ thread? I need to check out the links in their op.
>>
>>68024501
1066, and those are DDR3, not DDR2.

>protip: M471B2874EH1-CF8 is the model number, simply google that for specs.
>>
>>68024428
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
>>
>>68024551
Cheers. Do you know how many varieties of DDR3 laptop RAM bus speeds there are? My laptop won't accept these.
>>
Can a computer still operate wihtout a ram installed? I just found out my laptop's ram slot is empty. How???
>>
>>68024590
no
it would be like you taking a shit without having access to the hardcoded memory of how to do it
>>
>>68024263
Have ya opened her up recently? Maybe something has come loose and touched the mobo, or ya really did have a surge at some point and something's bjorked (possibly the PSU, which would be a shame). I'd still run memtest, as if it's that sorta situation, more components maybe damaged.
>>
>>68024583
Lots - look up your laptop model on its manufacturer's website to find out what it takes and in which configurations.
>>
>>68024590
It can post, but the OS won't load. It probably has fixed memory inside, while the RAM slot acts as an expansion - which is gonna limit your options.
>>
>>68024727
It first happened when I woke up in the morning yesterday so maybe it didn't shutdown properly the night before? There were storms that day. When it happened I opened it up and cleaned it for the first time, nothing intense and nothing seemed out of place. Will try the memtest.
>>
I built a new PC over a month ago, fucked up a few of the USB3 header pins and one of them broke off.
I was expecting only one port on the front of my case to work, and that is the case, for the most part. The second port seems to only work with certain devices and come up with errors for others.
Would it be safe to use or should I avoid it entirely? I do like having the 2 front ports for my external HDD and flash drives.

Checking the pinout online, I think the pin that broke is intA_P2_SSTX+
>>
Would windows 10 make for a good file server? My server right now has 7 on it and I'm leery about continuing to use it because of lack of security updates.
>Inb4 just use Linux
I use windows because the remote desktop utility is bar none and I enjoy having my server headless.

I'd go FreeNAS is 10 is absolutely terrible but I'd prefer to stay windows if possible
>>
Is there a foss app that helps you learn how to code in any programming language?
>>
Can I "Update" my Win7HomeBasic with Win10LTSB without formatting the hard drive?
>>
>>68024779
I would avoid using the port entirely, especially for things like drives where you run the risk of data loss.
>>
>>68024788
>the remote desktop utility is bar none
Or, you know, any VNC viewer. Plus SSH sessions for terminal shit. Also windows 7 still gets updates. If they actually stop patching it in a couple years, just go over to 8 so you can still avoid "windows as a service"
>>
>>68024870
From what I can gather, the pin I broke basically just brings the port down to USB2 speeds. All the ground and power/voltage pins are fine.
I suppose it's safe with things like bluetooth adapters where there's no data transfer going on, but yeah, I won't risk it without more information.
>>
My PC keeps shitting the bed when I try to install ANY fucking Office.
2013 or 2007 doesn't matter it just throws an error like 80% into the install.
Also the fucking piece of shit keeps crashing after I install the K-Lite Codec Pack and VLC is stuttering music AND videos.
Please help me I want to die.
>>
>>68024917
Run a checkdisk then reinstall your OS. Don't install any crapware and make sure you use ublock origin in your browser. Try and get as much shit as possible from ninite.com
>>
>>68024590
It probably has a second slot somewhere with ram installed
>>
>>68024937
Today was the 4th time I ran checkdisk and the 3rd time I reinstalled the OS
I have like 3 Windows.old folders now.
The problems with K-Lite and VLC are in these recently installed versions.
>>
>>68024754
>>68024963
It still works like normal and no, there's only one back panel under the hood. I just realized this after I tried to change my ram capacity so my guess is it has fixed memory?
>>
Would a zen book be able to do some editing in premier or is it too weak?

My old laptop died and I'm thinking on buying the zen book.
Also is it wise to downgrade it to WIN 7 when I have it?
>>
>>68023830
I think I remember something about the lanes where the electrons flow through will become too small for them eventually.
We'd have to switch over to using fotons to pass the data over to light based switches instead of the old style transistors that just get an electrical signal.

A plus for that is that light can be output on many wavelengths through the same lane (like they do with fiber networking) without bothering any of the other light that we send through so theoretically we would see a massive boost in the amount of processing per transistor since it doesn't have to wait for another electron to come near it to switch it on/off it will most likely have receptors that are sensitive to certain wavelengths allowing a single transistor replacement to process multiple requests at the same time.

Sorry if this was a massive wall of text to go through but it's pretty much how I remember it being explained to me.
>>
>>68024987
most likely although I have never seen that before in a computer that wasn't a tablet/phone or something mac related.
Although I have never opened my little netbook thing so it might be soldered on as well.
>>
>>68025017
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Can you imagine $10k for a new Intel light-based CPU?
>meanwhile AMD asks for a mere $8.5k
:^)
>>
is it wrong to be attracted to american boyz even though im a brit? http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1539345841391.webm
>>
>>68025157
1. are you a faggot?
2. girls dont post on /g/
3. you must be a faggot
4. no
>>
File: speccy.png (35 KB, 660x525)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
I am looking to upgrade
What do?
I was thinking of just getting a 1080 now the new gen of gpus are coming and hopefully prices will drop. bad idea?
>>
>>68024981
>I have like 3 Windows.old folders now
Wew lad. You're totally missing the point. You want to FORMAT the drive. Delete everything on your OS drive, then install from scratch. Don't use any internal windows bullshit to install either. Make a windows usb and install from that.

Also run crystaldiskinfo and see if the drive reports as "good"
>>
>>68025179
But I don't have a backup drive and I'm not losing 290GB of data!
>>
>>68025170
yeah im just lonely you know man
>>
>>68025190
>I don't have a backup drive so eventually I will lose 290GB of data!
ftfy
>>
I've just been out of town for a week and I think my monitor might have died while I was away. There's nothing on screen and the little blue indicator stays on solid and then suddenly blinks out once in a while. I thought maybe it was my computer shit the bed somehow but when I I tried linking my laptop up to it, it did the exact same thing. Also it makes a bunch of scratchy hissing noises every now and again when not attempting to display something.

Anything else I should try before I write it off and get a new one?
>>
>>68025197
yeah well who the fuck isnt
even couples want to stay apart (and do so) from eachother
fuck this planet
>>
My motherboard won't let me overclock my cpu. what do????
>>
>>68025265
return to mars
this might be the next step
>>
>>68025190
Well you can quit pretend reinstalling windows. That isn't going to do anything for you. Honestly your situation sounds pretty fucked. You have known issues, possibly drive related, and you're only sitting on one copy of data that matters to you. You should have AT LEAST two copies of anything that matters to you. I know we get a lot of 3rd worlders on here, but I just have to believe that if it's not worth it to acquire $60 for a backup drive, you really don't value your data that much. It's when, not if, you lose it.
>>
>>68025142
hah, I think I'll be an elderly man before they go from electric based to light based.
This is all theoretical stuff and if you can actually build a functional prototype that uses light based switches instead of electricity then I'd say go for it my dude you'd be more of a trillionaire than a millionaire though since this would in theory blow everything else away.
If it were me, I'd try and see if there was a led startup that was making microscopic leds or at least trying to minify leds, that could be a good starting point if you want to make light based processors or at least something that makes multimode fiber net in a tiny package like a transistor since that is essentially what a photon based processor would be but on a tiny scale.
>>
>>68024889
Well shit I never even saw VNC before
>7 still gets updates
I thought only companies and the like we're going to continue getting support until 2020. Is there an official cut off? Because I've not had a single problem with 7 on my server, so the longer I can keep it, the better
>>
>>68025299
My friend, do you have the unlocked version of your CPU?
>>
>>68025321
>I think I'll be an elderly man
You will be dead instead
>>
>>68025372
I'm not THAT old, besides I have high hopes in augmentation keeping me alive, and otherwise I can get Alcor to freeze my brain for 80K.
>>
File: 1489046030758.png (101 KB, 500x366)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>68025336
I dunno what that means so I'm gonna say no
>>
>>68025454
It's ok anon
we're all low int here
>>
>>68025412
unless your heart BPM is around 100 when you are infront of your PC or similar, you are dying
>>
>>68022520
mutt
>>
>>68025330
Only companies continue getting support AFTER 2020. It's a paid program. Unless people figure out a way to do it for free after the cutoff, it isn't as likely as with XP, but who knows. My backup plan is windows 8 with classic shell. I figure by 2023 I'll be ready to run windows just as a VM passthrough inside linux.
>>
>>68025017
Quantum tunneling fux everything beyond a certain point. Already having some issues with that at 14nm.
>>
>>68025483
That would be a sign that you are dying.

Healthier people have lower heart rates, due to efficiency.
>>
>>68025483
I think mine is around 60 or something when relaxed or resting, I think even lower actually.
>>
>>68025172
970 to 1080 isn't going to be a night or day difference, but your options are kinda limited here. You *might* be able to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, and memory all in one go for a bigger jump, for about the same price, and be better ready for future graphics cards when a real significant boost is available - though it'd be about the same bump, for now.
>>
>>68025574
It was a long time ago when I read that, it was all speculative stuff since we finally had like dual cores on the market and they were already wondering how far we could push that to more than 2 cores.
>>
>>68025544
Well, if you have the newer gen Intel or AMD processors, you need a hack to get updates - though it's in the OP.
>>
>>68025645
Oh you're definitely operating outside of what micrsoft wants if you use windows 10 at this point. But they're not giving much choice unless you want their dick up your ass, with an especially hard fucking every 6 months.
>>
>>68025336
I'm looking for a new CPU, how do I know whether its unlocked or not?
>>
>>68025667
So true...

...Been meaning to fiddle with RiotOS, though I suspect it's the sorta thing that's only good for basic browsing and such. Option for old mum, I suppose.
>>
>>68025681
Check the intel ark website or see if the processor has a K behind it (not sure if it's changed with the newer processors though).
>>
>>68025681
It'll be in the name, usually:
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-7700K-Desktop-Processor-unlocked/dp/B01MXSI216

Probably shouldn't be fuxing with overclocking if you can't find that out, though, and really, there is almost no reason to overclock a newer CPU, save for enthusiasts.
>>
>>68025259

I did an autopsy, there's a couple of big capacitors on the PSU that've bulged up. some sort of brownish electrolyte has bubbled out of them and there's a big old black shit stain on the aluminium around it. Think it's fucked?
>>
>>68025734
I'm getting an i5 760 for my old ass 1156 socket (for 35 bucks, good deal?) and on the website it says its max turbo frequency is 3.33 ghz. Does that mean that it is unlocked?
>>
>>68025848
It's dead jim, get a new one or try and fix it yourself if you think you're handy with that sort of thing.
>>
>>68025848
That's clearly fucked but probably easy to repair unless the board was damaged.
>>
I've been using qbittorrent for the past several years and have frequently gotten speeds of 8-10MB/s. Unfortunately, it started giving I/O errors with anything over about 5GB, so I started using Deluge.

But Deluge is fucking slow, I've yet to reach over 3MB/s DL speed on any single torrent. I can reach 2MB/s on many torrents simultaneously, but even if I'm only running one, it never peaks beyond 2-3. I've checked and there is no limit set to DL speeds. What is going on?
>>
File: 1518213047492.jpg (38 KB, 480x360)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>68026083
my first guess would be that there's a limit on the amount of connections, check what you have it set to in qBittorrent and match those settings on Deluge.
>>
>>68025583
the stronger the heart the more it wants to beat
having LOW BPM just means its tired and wants to die
>>
File: shekel intensifies.png (407 KB, 760x740)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
Any idea how to solve this?

I tried to upgrade my drivers manually. I failed and I even try to solve this restoring windows to a previous point, but didn't work, and yes, i already tried to use the feature unistall and reintall in Device Manager
>>
>>68026323
Do you get an option to simply upgrade the drivers if you get a newer pack from the AMD website ?
I do know with nvidia you get the option to do a clean install when updating drivers.
>>
Holy shit what is up with google captcha today, if I get asked to see what images only have 1 (ONE) fire hydrant on them i'm going to fucking stab someone.
>>
>>68026323
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-200-series/amd-radeon-r5-m230
Try installing the latest driver pack, I don't have an AMD card but it should have an option to clean install.
>>
There was this website (probably russian) with free "pirated" scientific articles and papers. I forgot it's address. Help.
>>
>>68026514
http://academictorrents.com/
this one ?
>>
>>68026450
>pajeets taking over internet development sector
>pajeets growing huge cancer cause of nearby pakistani WMDs
>pajeets mad cause of cancer
>natural instinct to spread cancer over everything they touch
>?????????????????????????????????
>retarded captcha strikes against plebeians
>>
>>68026493
Wich I should to use?

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional

or

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 ?

>>68026439
>upgrade the drivers

I already tried that, but didn't work, windows says that is not necesary.
>>
>>68026545
Afair it was direct download, similar to http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
>>
Offtopic, but what is the artist or doujin that the OP is from? I remember knowing the name a while back, but have since forgotten it. A sadpanda link would work, too.
>>
>>68026592
Henreader
>>
File: nfc reader.jpg (48 KB, 750x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Is there a way to hack into a nfc bus card with this thing, and change my balance? From what i know, and also considering that i live in a shithole country, bus cards here have no security whatsoever.
>>
>>68026567
>Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional
I guess this one since it's a later version

>I already tried that, but didn't work, windows says that is not necesary.
Windows can't find it's own arse when you ask it to, if it says drivers are up to date it most likely means there is a newer version available but not in their repo's.

>>68026575
Damn then I don't know, I only have that one, try asking /int/ since they do a lot of academic stuffs.

>>68026592
It's super familiar but I don't know the name sadly, there was an image from a similar artist with girls in sleepwear doing girl in sleepwear stuffs.
Like eating a donut.
>>
>>68026603
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>68026622
Are you prety sure that this would work?

Cause upgrading manually the drivers in this way was when this error message began to appears.

also:
before instal this new shit, do i should to unistal the current drivers from Device Manager
>>
>>68026614
I remember there being a way to do it with the dutch transportation cards, patched the exploit out in later versions.
You should look into that see if that works for your brand of cards if they haven't patched them yet.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/102261/student-ontdekt-kwetsbaarheid-in-protocol-ov-chipkaart.html

https://www.security.nl/posting/31176/OV-chipkaart+nu+binnen+seconden+te+hacken

https://webwereld.nl/security/46072-hacktools-ov-chipkaart-gelekt-op-internet

I hope this helps you anon
>>
>>68026659
You can always remove the drivers from device manager, the driver install package should do it for you though but you can always remove them yourself.
then just try and install the latest package to see if it solves it.
>>
Yo guys I got some problems with my network. I'm not entirely sure if the problem is in the internal network or coming from my ISP. I called them and they told me there is a broadband interference. Weird thing is that just connecting to my router interface doesn't work which wouldn't be a problem coming from my ISP, right? Can answer more specific questions in replies. I have a pretty decent knowledge of internal networking but not really anything further than that.
>>
>>68022442
I failed my driving road test by accidentally running a stop sign.
Will I be fined?
>>
>>68026864
>connecting to my router interface doesn't work
via cable or wifi?
has it ever worked?
does it work on another device?
>>
>>68026890
Yes it worked up until tomorrow. Tried on 3 devices with 2 having ethernet connection(one long and one short cable) and one with wifi. It sometimes works but somehow the router resets the password I set to the standard password set by my router(didnt do a factory reset). I can access it right now somehow but it didnt work 10 minutes ago. Didn't even turn it off or anything.
>>
>>68026966
go to next step if it doesnt work
>1. powercycle (plug out and replug 1 min later) the computer and the router, modem if u have that too
>2. factory reset the router
>3. call isp ask them reset the connection to you
>4. conclude mentally that the router is fried
>5. prepare ceremony for funeral
>6. buy or ask isp to give you a new router (if they were the ones that gave u this one)
>>
>>68027038
I'm at the stage of denial right now..

Literally cant believe my router fucks up on the weekend
>>
>>68027064
they do run pretty hot for long periods, sometimes
>>
File: 1466290165915.jpg (80 KB, 800x733)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>Audio enhancements tab is missing in windows 10
>"Dude just install Realtek drivers"
>It didn't work
>"No man uninstall Realtek and install the High Definition drivers you already had"
>Didn't work
>"No you gotta disable the device then update it"
>Didn't work
>"No see you gotta unplug your speakers, uninstall any programs even slightly related to audio, then plug in the speakers and reboot"
>Didn't work
>"Lol idk maybe stop making things up"
I've been trying for 3 fucking months to get back the enhancements tab that disappears for no fucking reason. If I reinstall Windows completely it comes back, then just goes away after a couple days. How in the unholy goddamn fuck do I get the fucking enhancements tab to come back
>>
>>68027127
Yea true. But when I called my ISP they also told me that something was wrong on their side. Did my Router fry aswell as their connection?
>>
>>68027141
Maybe it got removed with an update ?
Since it happens over a couple of days and not directly after install.
>>
>>68027190
Sure but why would that happen? If it were removed from Windows for everyone surely someone would have noticed
>>
>>68027159
well, if something is wrong at the ISP then probably wait for it and call again see whats up and what to do.
i dont think your router is fried just cause they are
>>
File: fuck.jpg (71 KB, 789x744)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>68026732
>Wait meanwhile software is detected...

Why is taking so long? I've waiting for 20 minutes.
>>
>>68027199
I don't know
I've had windows delete the fucking generic keyboard drivers before (that came with windows by the way) so everything is possible.
>>
>>68027243
It can take ages, watch something on tv in the meantime.
>>
>>68027261
I have 16GB of RAM.
This waiting is not normal.
>>
File: Untitled.png (41 KB, 731x308)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Why This
>>
>>68026872
Anyone?

The examiner was a fat cunt.
>>
About the windows 7 shutdown,
how will m$ FORCE people to stop using it?
Is there a killswitch that is in w7 or can be sent out?
Why does m$ want to kill w7? (are they fucking nuts?)
>>
>>68027843
did the fat cunt report u?
itd be fucked up if u got fined while doing the test itself, for something like that too
>>
>>68027843
doubt it. she should have hit the brakes if you actually endangered anyone, so it probably wasn't that bad.
>>
When is it too late to apply for jobs in senior year? Does it really matter if I wait until January or even much later to apply if I don't care about working for a prestigious company? I don't even technically need to work right after graduation, I have a decent amount of money saved and could coast a bit while applying to places.
>>
A program to clean image duplicates please
>>
>>68026514
>>68026545
>>68026622
Found it.

https sci-hub tw/
>>
>>68026514
gen.lib.rus.ec
>>
>>>/tv/104758246
>>>/tv/104758360
>>>/tv/104758366
>>>/tv/104759343
>>>/tv/104759425
>>>/tv/104761817
>>>/tv/104761845
>>>/tv/104762406
>>>/tv/104761836
>>>/tv/104763890

Is there a new filter or is everyone in this thread fucking with me? Also what the fuck is it, all I see on my computer is a box. Is that what it's supposed to look like or do I not have the font installed or something.
>>
I took my time looking for this on Google.
Using Linux Libertine Graphite, how can I force the short neck f?
>>
>>68028260
Lad...
>>
>>68028190
md5sum, sort and uniq should give you a list of duplicates
>>
File: 1460071113309.jpg (54 KB, 400x529)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
If you could invent a molecular teleportation device that would basically disassemble your body and recreate it somewhere else, don't you think it would actually kill you and have a clone live your life instead?
>>
Is there no way to watch 4k in full resolution on a 1080 monitor?
I just want to crop a part from a still frame

i mean when i open a photo that has 20mp i can zoom in as well in an image viewer.
can't seem to do this with any video player i tried (quicktime and iina lel)
>>
>>68028219
>sci-hub tw
now that I see the homepage it is very familiar
>>
>>68028309
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%F0%93%86%8F
I have no idea what they're censoring
but it seems to be a frog
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 KB, 887x25)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
I'm using ublock and for some reason
foo.com##contains.script(adblock)

isn't catching and blocking this inline script, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>68028365
It worked for star trek and they were pretty ok with it.
On the other hand they did have computer calculated wars and just killed X amount from the losing side after the simulations.
So I dont know anon
does my clone get sweet sweet alien pussy
>>
>>68028399
Videocards from both vendors have that thing called "virtual resolution", it scales up to 4K.
>>
>>68028309
>>68028445
Also I have this to fix the box error when I dont have a font.
https://www.google.com/get/noto/
>>
What is the "okay" temperature for GPU when playing games or running benchmarks? Around 70 - 80 °C?
>>
>>68028535
don't know what to make with this info
i'm on mac desu
i remember when i opened 4k on windows it used to play it at full res so most of the video was not on the screen...think it was with VLC
>>
>>68028552
That should still be ok, it's when it reaches 100-120 degrees you should worry.
>>
File: 23.jpg (130 KB, 500x420)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>68028501
I thought it would kill you but remembered something about people not having a single molecule left from their childhood at some point in their life, which should very much raise the same question
really makes you think
>>
>>68028589
I suppose in a way you die but since it reconstructs you the exact same way afterwards I suppose it's such a fine line where it's so nitpicky they just dont care anymore and just tell people it teleports them.

But yes essentially the original person that went into the transporter is dead and replaced with replacement molecules in the exact same order.
>>
whats a fun thing to automate if youre learning programming?
>>
>>68028588
So even 80-90°C is still okay? Cool
>>
>>68028655
Yep, that's pretty normal under full load.
>>
File: 1515289879865.jpg (31 KB, 192x452)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
All my VHS look like shit and I've been keeping them away from light and humidity for like 20 years, why do people use LTO tape to back their important shit up? isn't it the same principle?
>>
I've been trying to get this stupid fucking pivot table in excel to show the percent difference through calculated fields but I can't fucking do it. I just keep getting the sum of column put into a new column. Everywhere I go to ask how to fix this they just say "field"-"field" which I do and still end up with a SUM. I just want the percent difference but none of the functions offer it. I hate excel so much.
>>
File: 1538792013808.jpg (84 KB, 800x450)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>68028664
Thanks
>>
>>68028698
don't get it
>>
File: 1539092660956.png (10 KB, 216x233)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>68028722
I have to. It's for a class. I don't have anywhere else to vent about this specific shit though. I don't want homework help
>>
>>68028698
>show the percent difference through calculated fields
something like this or am I missing the mark ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbvuslcXP7E
>>
>>68028727
watch some martin shrekli videos hes an excel god
>>
>>68028727
Don't worry anon
>>68028745
this anon here

Excel is a piece of shit and I feel your pain, we're going to get through this.
>>
how do I switch the default terminal emulator in Linux? I want simple terminal to open instead of gnome terminal when I hit ctrl+alt+T
>>
How become jr sysadmin
I am a neet with a N+ and no work experience
>>
>>68028637
What language are you learning?
>>
>>68028745
>>68028759
I saw this already as well, but this isn't it. This gives you how to compare differences going down the same column. What my instructor wants is the percentage difference between two different columns (estimated value vs issue price). I'm starting to think that the assignment is just written wrong because I cannot see any way to change the different pre-set method of calculation to go column vs column instead of row by row.
>>
>>68028807
>How become jr sysadmin
>I am a neet with a N+ and no work experience
Get something more than N+
I have an N+ even though I have no use for it, A+ as well.
>>
>>68028807
to get a job you need experience and since you don't have some we won't hire you in order to provide you the experience you would need to obtain further experience and jobs
>>
>>68028807
Practice a bit first, get a rpi cluster (or a bunch of cheap used mini pcs) and build a mini data center, use it to run different things, like a site scraper, streaming service, backups and similar stuff.
>>
>>68028821
>percentage difference between two different columns (estimated value vs issue price).
Then I guess what you need is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_sMJcHOY0
Sorry for the slow response it's already late and I've been busy all day
>>
fuck i don't get it man, why can't i watch a 4k video at full resolution on a 1080 monitor?
4k is 4 times 1080, so why can't i "zoom" in on the video so that i only get to see a quarter of the frame but that frame is at native resolution?

shit is driving me insane
not a tech autist so i don't even know what the fuck i am talking about but i don't see why this would not be possible
>>
>>68028876
I know. That shit is perfect. It's so simple. Except it has to be done in a ((((((pivot table)))))) :^))))

Fucking kill me, anon. We come not from the same womb, blood, or realm, but the fact that you relate in the slightest is enough to deem you worthy of all of my claims in this world once I'm gone.
>>
File: ethernet.png (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
I have my own room in my college to do my project work in. But the wi-fi doesn't reach through the door and I need it for various things (matlab student license validation for example).
There are ethernet outlets and power plugs on the wall. Can I just plug some kind of access point or mini router into the LAN and have it broadcast the college wi-fi inside of my room?
The network requires user name / password login, and it's rather strictly managed, so I don't know if it's possible to just buy a repeater or AP and plug it in.
>>
>>68028927
Wait so even doing it like that won't make it export into a table ?
It's been years since I've had to do anything in excel (thank god) but that should work, I'm going to fuck around in excel and try and make it work.
>>
>>68028968
No, a pivot table it a different kind of table that lets you input varying values of a field. Even then, the instructions specifically want it generated through the pivot table with

>"Insert a calculated field named Field1 to determine percent change in the difference between the two values, Est. Value and Issue Price. "

Which it won't allow me to do since it just wants to run the formula by row instead of column(values).
>>
>>68028946
Yes. You want to make sure it is actually set up as a passive access point, with nat/firewall/dhcp disabled. And make sure the ethernet cord goes to a LAN port, not the WAN port. You may have to clone a MAC address to get the job done. As in log in to your student account on a device, then clone that devices MAC address to your access point, then don't use that device on the network.
>>
>>68029021
ooooooooooooooh
So instead of just having a static field with A / B = percentage they want to be able to change it so they can check C / A = percentage as well.
Well damn, I can't remember ever having to do that kind of bullshit in excel.
I'm going to have a look though since I think what they want is possible but they're just completely wrong with explaining it.
>>
File: 1528849669563.png (198 KB, 463x331)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
Is there any other compatibility considerations other than socket type when buying a mobo for a cpu?
>>
>>68029136
Ram sometimes but that's rare these days, the rest should just plug in and work honestly.
>>
>>68028859
Should I just try setting services up in vms on my pc for practice? Or should I just buy some rpis. Also I have access to a lot of Windows os stuff via that Microsoft program where they give free os licenses to students like server 2016.
>>
>>68029093
It's ok. I just gave up. Instead of having to think about this I'm willing to just take an L and move on because I'm never going to use a stupid pivot table in my life when a regular table is available. Good luck to you in figuring it out. I'd upload the instructions for you if I could so you could understand how bullshit it is.
>>
>>68029197
>>68029197
You could always ask a teacher in case you're really stumped I guess.
The last time I had to use excel for school assignments was about 7 years ago (or more even).
And when I had to use it at work they gave me a form that was automatic and I just had to input some data that it needed, never had to make anything myself.
>>
File: 1532969060040.jpg (424 KB, 750x999)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>68028365
>slash you up into tiny bits and bytes and send you thru space to just "recreate" your shitty flesh again
obviously thats murder
teleportation is more like knowing the place you want to tp to, and going there by switching the sender and receiver positions, basically it should switch by itself
using the equilibrium of the locations, 2 exactly same positions cant exist cause they cant have the same coordinates, so you make the spot equal to the other so it throws it back or switches between eachother.
only thing to know is what value to change so it triggers by itself, and in what matter
easy stuff, in ~10k years it will be real
>>
30 year old boomer here

i want to make a vending machine, i got some business ideas. I think i need to learn coding and hardware engineering? should i give up now? ive been dreaming about this for 2 years and im not getting any younger
>>
>>68029045
Alright thanks, a friend is bringing a spare and we'll try to get it working with your advice
>>
>>68029184
There're some emulators for routers that can be used to emulate a data center but I don't recall any free ones. Look for ICND1 Review Lab videos, you can see what it looks like.

I don't know much about MS programs but it's worth giving it a try, does it have a forum or something where other students can exchange informations? it could be a place to start looking for things you can use.
>>
>>68028923
why do u only want to watch 1/4th of the video?
>>
>>68029277
The first basic question is:
>Do you have the money?
>>
>>68029277
Never give up on your dreams, even if you only make a shitty working prototype you can always have it mass produced by people that can fix shit like that in a heartbeat, but taking the effort to make something even if only partially working means a big fucking deal to them, it means YOU want this to be a thing instead of just throwing some photoshopped pictures what you want it to look like and the general idea.
Also a vending machine is something that is pretty straightforward so you can probably just order a diy kit and such and then look at the manual to program it.
There is a DIY board on 4chan if you want to ask some more mechanical related questions though, they probably know much more about this kind of thing than /g/ does.
kind regards,
26 year old boomer
>>
>>68029325
i want to have a still frame at full 4k resolution so i can crop a part of it
no use when it just downscales the video to 1080
>>
>>68029387
>>68029277
Here is an arduino kit for a vending machine for example, there probably is a more finetuned option available (companies just making a vending machine to order).
But it's an idea if you want a cheap small prototype, also ask /DIY/
>>>/diy/
>>
File: 1427338575220.jpg (74 KB, 225x606)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>used to daily a W10 pro debloated with ntlite
>1gb ram usage
>try ltsc and debloat it even further with ntlite
>1.6gb ram usage at idle

what the fuck, what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>68029402
if you have it windowed and take a screenshot in something like vlc it takes the full resolution of the video i think.
The shortcut for that is SHIFT+S
>>
>>68029424
just get a mac
>>
this is a really retarded question, my boot is way faster if i have my arch linux bootable usb drive plugged in

systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 4.691s (firmware) + 401ms (loader) + 1.874s (kernel) + 937ms (userspace) = 7.905s
graphical.target reached after 937ms in userspace

the firmware section is like 15 seconds long if i remove the usb drive.
>>
>>68029424
It could be running updates or having something working, that sometimes bloats ram when nothing seems to be happening.
>>
>>68029453
It might be that it stops searching for bootable things when the usb stick is inserted so it doesn't have to ask each device if it's bootable.
That's just my train of thought though and it could be completely wrong, are you actually booting from the usb drive ?
>>
>>68029442
oh yeah that does the trick
thanks laddy
>>
>>68027261
Bruh, now the program gives me a error message and says that new driver couldn't be installed
>>
File: 1433539161515.webm (1.36 MB, 540x360)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB WEBM
>>68029277
You could start making the concept virtually, then see what it needs to actually work properly irl and check if there're components ready to use available on the market, so you can start putting something together. You can also learn a lot simply dismantling a normal vending machine, maybe one that looks similar to your concept.
>>
>>68029496
Well shit then I don't know, I honestly have never had any issues when installing drivers either for Nvidia or AMD/Radeon.
I would suggest either rolling back on a back-up or just reinstalling and trying to install the drivers on a clean install, something is fucking up the install of the driver and that could be anything from an update to AV running in the background.
>>
>>68029424
Using ram is good. Unused ram is wasted ram.
>>
File: 1524439777567.gif (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
I don't know where to ask this, I'm planning on creating an app that would mostly run on background (using notifications and such while the phone is locked), how can I get profit out of an app like that? I've done normal admob banners and interstitials before but I can't figure out what would be better to make some money here
>>
File: 1482173283813.gif (2 MB, 370x256)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>68029580
Just copy some puzzle game and throw ads in it, haven't you seen the millions of chinese apps that looks like clones of each other? you can make multiple games using different styles, for example a moba game, a tower defense game, a card game, a turn-based rpg, a 2d roguelike game, rhythm game, be creative, you can find open source games that you can use as base code to work on, the gpl allows to monetize them without restrictions, even if you don't credit the original code nobody is gonna notice it anyway, there is no control on mobile apps because there're simply too many of them.
>>
File: 1532654394235.jpg (70 KB, 670x767)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
What's the recommended viewing distance for a 27''?

Been using a desk with 75cm (29,5'') depth but feels like I'm sitting too close to it, thinking of replacing it with a 90cm one (35,5'')
>>
>>68028365
>>68028501
>star trek
Roddenberry thought of that. That's why, canonically at least, Star Trek teleporters don't do that. Instead, they are matter-energy transfer beams, so the energy that makes up your body's matter, is the same energy that makes up the final being at the destination. It's an extreme state change, but the same object with the same causal connections, so it's no more death than global anesthesia is.

Yes, there's a few episodes where they fudge this in various ways - though even in the Riker clone incident, they took pains to explain the Thomas Riker was the result of Will's energy creating an echo response in a planet's "strange atmosphere", thus Thomas Riker is objectively, not Will Riker, being made up of entirely different energy.

>>68028589
Ship of theseus - but all the energy you consume is irreparably entangled with your own, thus you always have a direct causal connection to your past self, regardless of change. This is not the case if a duplicate of you is made at another location from other energies, whether the original is destroyed or not.
>>
File: desk-nope.jpg (409 KB, 1024x1024)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>68029663
I'm using a wall-mounted TV as screen pretty far from me and 85cm desk so I don't know but bigger desks are always better, with 75cm you cannot put it farther than that while on 90cm you've the choice to put it at whatever distance you like. Whatever you choose, don't get any of these shitty multi-level desks (see pic).
>>
>>68029444
...and watch in terror as a single tab in Firefox takes 2Gigs.

You either have near everything you have in RAM ready to go, paging shit out as it fills, as Windows tends to do, or you fill more RAM per application, as each pulls in unique instances of everything it needs, as OSX tends to do.

This is one of those very, very few instances where Windows, usually, has the more efficient solution.
>>
File: 1456800181646.png (107 KB, 560x666)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>68028365
I've been thinking about this a bit as well since in reality we never completely ''black out'' since brain is always functioning (other than vegetable state) and I wonder about the same thing when we get something VR/Matrix-esque in the future.

When you transfer your consciousness over to a machine, wouldn't that just be killing it and recreating it virtually? To go black scares the shit out of me since that would be no different from dying.
>>
>>68029753
Old versions of FF don't have that problem though.
>>
>>68022442
>Stupid bitch at the dmv made me fail my road test
>Now I won't be able to drive to my job without having someone else drive my rental back
>The rental's already 50% of my paycheck, with gas from 4 trips it'll be 62%

Why does life like to shit on me so much?
>>
>>68028349
And options of delete ????????
>>
>>68022475 yes. Give up. It's not feasible, I've tried, there are no good resources and no one has any clue what they are doing.
>>
>>68029794
They do, just to a lesser degree. Browsers eat more and more resources with each iteration, as more and more resources, on average, become available.

Gotta remember those old word processors on those ancient 4K computers from the 80's could do nearly everything a modern word processor can, and do it about as quickly (if not as prettily). Whereas nowadays you're looking at several hundred times that memory usage and processing power for, essentially, the same task. (Similar scenario, in many cases, with web browsers from the 90's.)

That "cuz it can take it" upward trend of slop isn't ending anytime soon. It's true, however, unused resources are wasted resources, but it seems near every software company thinks you're going to use the computer for their software exclusively, and be reasonably cautious in that use. (And if not, meh, the hardware standards will double in a few years anyways.)
>>
File: 1538325536735.jpg (1.65 MB, 2256x4032)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>68029739
Had one of those like 15 years ago as a kid with Windows 92, good memories!

I was thinking of doing what I see a lot of people in battlestation threads do, they buy a big slab of wood and put it on top of two Ikea drawers instead of an actual desk. More expensive than your standard desk but way better quality. Like pic related but more depth for me since it looks like he went with the standard 63.5cm (25'')
>>
>>68029842
you can use rm
>>
>>68029778
In the case of VR you don't kill it, you're just cloning it. There will be 2 brains like yours, one physical and the other virtual but they're objectively the same person, until one of the two brains starts making new memories. Though if the technology isn't perfect the virtual one will probably deteriorate quickly. Emulating a brain is much harder than emulating game consoles, how many game emulators can emulate the original device perfectly? basically none, they've all kind of problems. Emulating all the brain functions will be a big challenge in the future imho.

>>68028365
>molecular teleportation
If it's teleportation, assuming it's close to instant teleportation, it shouldn't kill you, because your body is actually moving from a location to another. On the other hand, if the method used for teleportation is recreation of your body to some other location (nothing is moving here), then yes you're cloning yourself with all the memories up to the teleportation moment, killing your old body at the same time if the device is programmed to do so, but if the teleportation is perfect then it makes really no difference, it's you in both cases, the one to die and the clone.
>>
File: 1537639530079.jpg (35 KB, 600x865)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
How can I find out what is throttling my download speed?

My Win 10 PC is getting 4mbps while my phone is getting 100mbps on the same network
No processes are taking up Network % in the task manager
>>
>>68030018
>Win 10
Win 10
>>
>>68029906
>it seems near every software company thinks you're going to use the computer for their software exclusively
no
they dont think
thats the issue
>>
>>68029945
So it'd create an emulation of your brain, have that brain make ''choices'' and then feed it back to the original? So basically just one-way communication?

I guess it could work theoretically, but imagine to have to create a (close to) perfect copy of someone's mind in a near instant, even taking Moore's law into consideration we've got a very long way to go. I bet our Marxist west wont even research the stuff just like genetic manipulation and cloning and it'll have to be Asia who leads the way.
>>
>>68028365
>>68028589
>>68029667
It is an interesting way of going about it. In theory if you had advanced enough tech you should be able to swap out the actual energy a person was made from with another energy source at will, and it really shouldn't make a practical difference, but it does leave the door open for psudo sciency versions of a "soul" to accompany you to your destination. It seemed like the show went out if its way to introduce counter intuitive limitations on the replicator tech to say it couldn't do shit like that, at least not intentionally. You could argue that they intentionally avoided developing that on moral grounds, but then it would have been cool to see the romulans try something experimentally, like maybe having 30 of one of their commanders or something.

FWIW that's one of the things Stargate copied wholesale from Trek, but they didn't even do the equivalent of second Riker. What I'd like to see is a show where there's a technological requirement that the original energy be sent, people build their rationalizations around that, and then they overcome the limitation years later and everyone has to reevaluate where they stand on shit like cloning, resurrection etc.
>>
Wow already so many replies, thank you /sqg/

>>68029365
Zero. I'm aware some of the projects I'm interested in cost a few sheckles. I live paycheck to paycheck(and I'm a bit behind now.) I had put some money in crypto hoping for, but that tanked within weeks. If it rises again I'll cash out and put it toward a project. I've been averse to hustling and bootstrapping. I have the spirit of a neet, but I'm trying to grind too. What do you have in mind for a project budget goal I should reach for?

>>68029387
You said it anon. I just always have these little bursts of invigoration. I want to do it all. Then I hit the skill level wall. Or the shyness hurdles. I never really gave up, I just find myself making side progression on each thing I want to do. Hard to commit to ONE damn thing. I'll check in on /diy/ I always figured it was a dead board.

>>68029418
I do have a hand me down arduino and raspberry pi from a friend, but it may be missing some parts. I do have some of these arduino related tabs open, a lot of them talk about electrical engineering and hardware hacking. Ah I figure it wouldn't be so simple, but then again 14 year olds make badass stuff too. I figure a lot of the stuff I want to do would be software related, the mechanics is one thing, but I suppose I'd need a lot of interaction/security/payment/etc. It seems like a really advanced skill level project. Have you ever tinkered with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

>>68029515
That is awesome! Yes yes maybe I can find an old/broken machine on craigslist. In particular the Japanese vending machine industry is insane, I don't think the US has anything even close to that. They are already making 'smart' vending machines. But yeah I gotta stick with the basics.

Thank you anons.
>>
>>68030018
Windows 10 needs 96% of your bandwidth to send your porn collection to governmental bureaucratizes, obviously.

Don't worry, when they got the data they want from you they'll trickle down the throttle to a point where you hardly notice it anymore.
>>
File: q53KWMQ.jpg (79 KB, 400x557)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>68030100
Make one of these please, daddy needs a new i7.
>>
>>68030105
It's my DL not upload speed, dumbass
>>
>>68030144
Hell yeah anon, I'll take care of you! There's so many applications for this.
>>
>>68029934
Deeper is definitely better, if you like to rest your arms on the desk like I do, it's more comfy that way. I have never tried making my own desk but if you do want to try, always check >>>/diy/ for ideas and stuff.
>>
>>68025953
My friend, no, that just means the turbo goes that high. Unlocked means you can change the settings for the processor in the BIOS of your motherboard.
>>
>>68030072
>but it does leave the door open for psudo sciency versions of a "soul" to accompany you to your destination
Roddenberry wrote part of his intention of using the matter->energy transfer beam was to avoid that (well that and his, sensible, belief that no two objects are the same object, regardless of how identical, as any space-time graph would immediately indicate).

Without it, if you assume the duplicate body is you, then you have to assume "a soul", that magically flies around to fill whatever vessel fits it. Without that, it objectively isn't you, even if it shares all your identity and memories. The flaw in this suspension of logic quickly becomes apparent, should you fail to destroy the original, and both instances of this supposed you try to fuck their wife that evening.
>>
>>68030051
One way communication with your brain doesn't really make sense. It doesn't do things in just one direction. I've always thought of a proper virtual reality as an extension of your brain. Like there's your biological brain with it's chemical reactions. And you're basically adding digital lobes to that. There's a lot of debate about the nature of consciousness, even in the scientific community, and the question of whether it's possible to make a brain that functions identically to ours, but without the ability to actually "feel" the pain. This is relevant because you have to ask whether a digital simulation of the chemical reactions in your brain would actually be experienced by you, or just have the same output to everyone around you.
>>
>>68029496
My friend, it seems perhaps that you have a corrupted video driver. You need to download and run Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode with your ethernet cable unplugged. After that, reboot your computer and install the software you just downloaded.
>>
>>68027850
My friend, this is highly illogical. Did they send out killswitch for Windows XP or any other previous version of Windows?
>>
>>68028698
My friend, can you post a picture of this Pivot Table?
>>
File: 1532968958299.jpg (162 KB, 817x916)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>68030100
>What do you have in mind for a project budget goal I should reach for?
i dont know what customized parts cost then add assembly and electronics and software development. 10k USD + 500 blowjobs, rough guess
money isnt easy to SAVE when you really just want to live in the now, i do it as well
save your dream, 30yo isnt much, you are still a fucking kid, dreams come online at ~50, til then its just building the future with ideas
>>
>>68030214
Damn, that actually makes a lot of sense. And it's pretty cool that it was part of the initial framework of the show. I still think it's a bit strange that no one at any point seriously attempted to duplicate a transport buffer that way, but I guess it makes sense from a writing perspective. Kinda hard to put that kind of a technological leap back in the box.
>>
>>68030269
I DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND YOUR SINCERE FUCKING MORONIC PHRASING YOU FUCKING KEK
TYPE IN A NORMAL FUCKING ATTITUDE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE HELPFUL
YOU MAY THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP BUT WHAT IF YOU JUST SUCK AT TRYING
you are a fucking moron, study more english
>>
>>68027850
Calm your tits. It's not a "shutdown". They just won't be releasing new updates anymore. They've been releasing updates for almost a decade already, and in a couple years they'll stop. Since it's a big security risk not getting any more updates, for most people that's a deal breaker. But technically it will keep working if you don't give a shit, like if it's not internet connected for instance.
>>
>>68030051
When you transfer your consciousness to VR? it's complicated indeed, in order to keep brains running virtually you definitely need all the framework to keep them functioning perfectly and the power needed to keep the framework running at required efficiency at all times, like the original, even hardware lag can cause permanent damage, or at least loss of data, because our brains are pretty much analog devices after all, our senses as well. Of course, programmers could come up with "freezing" mechanisms that prevent overload, but our natural brains don't have any feature like that so it would be a very unnatural way to deal with it and it would definitely cause undesired effects at some point.

Still, the virtual brain doesn't necessarily need to communicate anything back, you could go back to your normal activity while your cloned brain lives separately in whatever virtual environment it's being emulated, of course you won't retain any experience or memories this way. If you want to gain experience from the virtual environment, then cloning your consciousness isn't even needed, it's possible to send information directly to your brain, there're already many experimental technologies that can do that, even wireless.
>>
>>68030392
thanks
>>
File: 1526597251323.png (188 KB, 603x452)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>68030377
>TYPE IN A NORMAL FUCKING ATTITUDE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE HELPFUL
>study more english
>>
>>68030377
My friend, there is no reason to be rude. They train us to build a good rapport here so I do try my best. What I mean is that there is no killswitch and you are dumb for thinking that there would be one.
>>
I have a strange problem that I haven't figured out yet is every now and then; which is too much, I get black boxes in my screens.......like it's not painting enuf pixels to cover everything. Or it could be a weird warning or message box coming up, but it's just all black.
Any ideas?
>>
File: 1532969857303.png (233 KB, 1000x1001)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>68030455
a good a rapport is being for real and not honeypotting implying that everyone is a retard
sure where you work or whatever the FUCK you do, retards are a common thing, and they are totally mindblown, i know
but you cant act as if they are
basically you fucking suck at covering this fact up
people see thru you
>>
>>68030486
Take a screenshot next time it happens, if the boxes appear in the screenshot then it's not a problem with the screen. Try checking the cable anyway, make sure it's connected properly and there is no dust on the connector.

>captcha: select all chimneys
Is google training spy drones to infiltrate houses or something?
>>
>>68030498
My friend, I never did imply that you or any person here is a retard, but you do make me wonder if perhaps there are some retards lurking in this very thread.
>>
>>68030555
lmao
>>
Why the fuck do DLL's keep dissapearing from my pc? what even is a DLL? I fucking hate downloading something but then seeing some stupid dll isnt on my pc for some reason
>>
I'm having a very hard time Googling this. I'm not sure if it's a stupid question or if there are too many questions with similar keywords.
How do I run a program on my own machine without installing it when it is installed on another machine I have access to?
>>
>>68030614
Taking remote control over the other machine?
>>
>>68030605
Think of them as some of the files that make up your operating system. Usually that message means you're missing an update, but sometimes it cam mean part of your OS has been corrupted.
>>
>>68022442
I just installed ubuntu.
when trying to open my gnome-control-center my whole screen goes black, I'm then forced back to the ubuntu log-in screen and all mouse input is really slow. Then I have to log back in and my whole ubuntu is seemingly restarted.

What's up with this? I just want to change my default sound device.
>>
>>68030665
No, no. I have access to both machines.
I know how to remotely run program and am not trying to do that.
I want to locally run a remotely installed program.
>>
>>68030018
Install gentoo
>>
I made a post a couple of days ago trying to find out what was wrong with my audio, I eventually reinstalled Windows to no effect and then with the help of the thread came to the conclusion I needed a new sound card.
Well it turns out my headphones were just full of ear wax and the second pair of headphones I used to check with were also full of ear wax.
I realized this last night when I used my headphones with my phone only to hear that my phone now had the same "problem" as my computer.
I lifted off this super thin mesh screen on my headphones and sure enough there was a thick layer of ear wax on the other side of it that barely let any sound through.

God you are fucking useless /g/. You almost made me purchase a $20 sound card.
Why didn't you ask me to check if my headphones were full of 3 year old build up of ear wax?
*spits on you*
>>
>>68030018
Wireshark?
>>
>>68030738
so you want to play GTA on machine 1 but machine 2 takes the load?
>>
>>68030793
not sure if troll but am sure this is absolutely disgusting
back to /b/ where all the fucking cockrates and traps are
cuck
>>
>>68030793
damn thats grody, you fucking nasty bitch
>>
>>68022442
help me
she's gonna blow!
>>68030307
>>
File: 1515347323014.jpg (98 KB, 996x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>68022442
I have a pair of speakers with no amp to connect them to. Could I take apart a pair of computer speakers, disconnect the actual speaker parts from them and connect my speakers in their place?
>>
>>68030844
>>68030863
I clean my headphones weekly. But do you know what happens? It just pushes the wax deeper, past this mesh screen that is almost like a membrane that I thought the whole point of was to only let sound and nothing else through.
Neck yourselves. I will not be coming back for your "help" any time soon you fucking faggots. Some homosexual even recommended me to buy AMD products.
>>
>>68030866
Time for a new HDD. Are you asking for recommended replacements or something? How big ya need? Do you have an SSD?
>>
>>68030876
Ya can swap speakers like that, but it'd probably be under or overpowered.
>>
>>68030895
better clean your fucking ears
fucking gypsy
>>
>>68030895
keep my posts out your mouth you filthy subhuman
>>
new thread
>>68030935
>>68030935
>>68030935
>>
>>68030897
I had the drive for 2 years
What caused it to suicide itself?
I've never had this happen to me, I've had drives go bad from old age, bad sectors, and a drop but never load/unload suicide
It was a WD blue 1 TB
what would you recommend that I upgrade to?
Obviously WD blue has a problem so I want to stay away from that
>>
>>68030920
Tell me about your collection of buttplugs and your favourite sissy hypno videos.

>>68030926
I could unironically break you. Watch yourself.
>>
>>68030738
Eh, you can *try* to define the network folder as a drive, but this will only work for very simple scripts and programs where all the files required are in the same folder, and the OS will usually try to force executables to be local for security reasons.
>>
>>68022442
If a company offers you a time-based sign-on bonus (you have to be there 6 months or you'll pay it back in full) and you accept the offer, but then you decline it just 2 days before starting the job, can they fine you the full amount even though you haven't received any pay/bonus at all?
>>
File: MX_1517154801528.jpg (351 KB, 640x940)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>68030959
i bet you steal bikes and make krokodil to sedate the hunger you suffer from before you pass out for the day
>>
>>68030959
sure you could, i bet you couldnt snap a number 2 pencil with two hands
>>
>>68030866
what does the load/unload value mean?
its not the same as failed sectors right?
>>
>>68030958
WD does seem to rig some lots of drives to die just after the warranty ends. Lost over a dozen computers in the same month in an office once due to that bullshit (two years, just like yours -barely weeks apart).

Not that shit doesn't happen sometimes anyways, but generally, if it lasts more than a month, barring physical damage or shock, it should last until it's well beyond the point it needs to be upgraded.

Aside from WD, and Seagate, I've not personally had a lot of trouble with HDD's myself. Back when I worked DR, I guess Toshiba was the third most likely brand to come in after that. Go grab yourself any old 7200RPM 4GB drive, aside from those brands, I guess. If it's not a primary drive, you can go to 5400RPM, but your OS drive should really be an SSD, and these days, you can get a TB SSD for about what that WD Blue drive cost you two years ago (probably less).
>>
>>68030910
Would that potentially damage them?
>>
>>68030969
Danke.
>>
>>68030976
If you quit before starting, in some states you can be subject to litigation for quitting with less than two weeks notice (you're unexpectedly not showing with next-to-no notice is considered a potential loss). Sign-on bonus shouldn't be a problem in and of itself, however, if you never received it - though I would consult with them on that, if not a lawyer, and get something in writing (or get them to point to something that already is).
>>
>>68031089
If overpowered, yes. Potentially in fun and spectacular fashion.
>>
>>68030895
...How? I mean... I guess you need to get looser headphones. I've never managed to get earwax on the inside of the cups, maybe on the edges once in awhile. I'm 47, so I'm pretty much an earwax/hair machine.
>>
>>68031165
Thank you for the info, anon. I'll keep that in mind when I burn my house down
>>
>>68031063
I had no idea that SSDs had come down that much.
What brand do you recommend and what filesystem?
is ext4 good or should I use f2fs? ext4 is what I've got right now and it would be nice to just be able to mirror everything over with dd
>>
>>68031345
Large SSDs are actually get even cheaper in the next few months. They're perfecting an advancement that should narrow the price gap considerably over smaller drives.

Samsung is the goto for premium performance, ADATA for cheap but reliable.
>>
>>68031345
Either's fine on an SSD - suppose ya could switch to Btrfs if ya wanna go all fancy. Should be fine to mirror, regardless.
>>
>>68026872
Did they have brakes on his side as well? like we do here on the test cars

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.