[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Honor-8X-AM-AH-3.jpg (63 KB, 1350x900)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Honor 8X Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread >>68012203
>>
fuck notches
>>
>best camera
>best screen
>best software
>best dev community

Why haven't you ordered one yet?
>>
>>68025352
>pocomeme
>best anything
Yikes
>>
Smartphones are boring. It's not 2008 anymore.
>>
i'm sorry, but how the fuck can anybody even justify going NEAR a samsung phone? i was just in a phone shop, tried out the iphone XS and it was fucking orgasmic to use, used the s9+ or whatever that was beside it and it was fucking DISGUSTING. noticable input lag, frame drops when switching apps, ugly as FUCK UI, literally NOTHING appealing about it. why the FUCK do people buy these phones?
>>
>>68025232
Color means nothing on smartphones because you're using a non-transparent case anyways
>>
Reposting from last thread: between Note 9 and iPhone X-variant. Like the note 9 for the stylus for note writing because I use post it notes and handwritten notes daily.

Currently on an s7 active which has slowly degraded over time, but at least its lag isn't as bad as my galaxy s3 (which I wanted to throw at a wall multiple times per day).

To answer a previous anon's reply on the previous thread, my employer covers part of my phone bill, so unlocked phones would most likely not be covered by that benefit, so I'm just trying to go through my carrier so the phone isn't as expensive for me. It's AT&T so my options are essentially Samsung or Apple.

Looking mostly for good battery life and for the phone to last at least 3 years. What would /g/ recommend? Just do my daily notes on paper and go iPhone for the 5+ year software support, or stay Android and hope my phone lasts past 3 years hardware wise and accept I won't get software support after 3 years of security patches?
>>
>>68025469
Americans don't really have good choices beyond Samsung and Apple.
>>
>>68025469
You think apples UI is better? The UI thats barely changed anything since 2007?
>>
>>68025536
yes? i'm not so much referring to functionality (they are pretty similar in that regard) but the looks of it. like, the fucking rounded bubbles and cluttered icons with disgusting colours, along with random widgets and text placed like an utter mess across the homepage. looks like something from 2005.
>>
>>68025536
because its fuckin perfect
>>
>>68025490
I'm not using a case at all
>>
I have a galaxy s7 right now with screen burn. I'm in the US and my Carrier is t-mobile. should i wait for the s10? all smart phones right now have very simaler specs to my current one so i dont know what to do.
>>
>>68025556
I can change the look of pretty much anything on my S9+. The i can change the colors, text, application pictures, and the transition between switching apps. Even those bubbled icons that are so important. im not sure what your complaining about. Samsung has thousands of more options to how your phone looks visually when using. It.
>>
>>68025556
You can remove and add any widgets you want. And a lot of then are helpful.
>>
Where my pixel boys at? Got my 3 xl preordered.
>>
My s7 edge has horrific lag. It's borderline unusable. It crashes multiple times a week. Everything is jittery and unresponsive. I can't even use gps and listen to music at the same time anymore.

The Samsung lag is not a meme.
>>
>>68025647
Congrats on buying the worst phone of the year
>>
>>68025647
Ordered during the keynote.

Kinda wanting to cancel because xposed for pie isn't out and I want to wait for black friday to get some freebies.
>>
>>68025536
>if it's old, it's bad
k, kid
>>
>>68025620
ok maybe after hours of tweaking you can have a buggy shitty mess that will break after every update. sounds great!
>>
>>68025620
You can flash a stock rom
>>
>>68025232
Reposting from last thread

Hi, my retard friend broke another phone, so I think the only solution is to get him a rugged phone.
>Country
Italy
>Carrier
Iliad
>Wanted features
Rugged and, if possible, decently performing (something equal to snapdragon 625, all I see is mediatek shit)
>Budget
Less than €200, so chinkshit is the only option
>Size
Anything manageable I guess, but from what I've seen rugged phone are non too big

Shill your memes please
>>
>>68025747
Redmeme Note 5
>>
>>68025469
Frame drops? U realise this is not /v/ right?
>>
what's the difference between the s9 plus and the note 9? price is no object but for what i see these two are literally the same phone, there's no way that bluetooth pen is worth 200 bucks
>>
>>68025713
Hours of tweaking? Dude it takes 5 minutes at max. And an update doesn't change any of your settings. Wtf are you smoking
>>
>>68025803
Besides a little bit of a bigger battery, and having the S-pen features nothing really.
>>
>>68025741
If your gonna flash a different rom on a iphone whats even the point of having the iPhone? That's gonna take way more time and effort than just downloading a launcher on your handy dandy android device.
>>
>>68025772
That's not rugged
>>
File: 104039389_1.jpg (32 KB, 560x560)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Is p20 good enough for my needs?
>decent battery
>snappy performance
>nice display for youtube and web
>bright enough for outside use
>usable without any case/screen protector
>will last at least 3 years
>doesn't overheat
>decent build quality

>locked bootloader
i don't care, never tinkered with my phones and i have used galaxy s3 which had laggwizz and g3 which was underpowered for QHD without thinking about rooting/flashing and whatnot
>get the pocomeme
it's too large, too wide to be precise. i don't think i can get used to such a big phone
>>
>>68025711
That’s the reasoning for removing the headphone jack though
>it’s old so it’s bad
>>
>>68025864
show me an example of a samsung device with a UI on comparison with apple's.
>>
>>68025954
Rugged phones are trash. Just get a decent non-rugged phone and a rugged case for it.
>>
File: images(6).jpg (11 KB, 254x326)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>68025352
Best screen? S9 user here.
SAMOLED master race!
>>
File: images(7).jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>68025556
S9 user here
>what does themes app do?
>what are icons?
>>
>>68025974
You are comparing the candy like icons of Apple UI with Samsung?
kys.
>>
>>68025961
>>will last at least 3 years
>>snappy performance
yeah, good luck with that
>>
iphone6s is dead from too many drops. going to get an X, should i get the X or Xs? is it worth the price?
>>
>>68025974
How about you show me an example of Apples UI being able to change anything about the phone besides the wallpaper and ringtone. It isnt samsung specific, literally every android phone on the market, whether its old or brand new, has access to hundreds of launchers to make your phones UI work however you want it to. You can change absolutely everything. So saying that Apple "looks" better is irrelevant because you can make a android look EXACTLY like an iPhone. Becuase its meant to be customized and used depending on the person using it. Unlike iphone, becuass every single iphone UI looks exactly the same no matter whose iphone it is.
>>
>>68026096
ok, show me a samsung phone using apples ui exactly as is. if you can do that i'll admit defeat in this argument. doesn't change the points i have about input lag, frame drops etc.
>>
>>68026079
my s3 and g3 had pretty consistent performance during the time owned them. problem is, they were shit out of box, had too many features and pixel for power they were packing, today its a bit different isn't it
>>
>>68026131
Are you the one using a over 2 year old phone? And complaining about lag?
Heres your apple UI on a samsung phone btw
https://youtu.be/14pYNywLqDs
>>
>>68026131
OH so now Apple is literally perfect and anything that differs is ugly? Apple trolls, everyone.
>>
>>68026079
My P8max that I bought in 2015 is still going strong.
>>
>>68025536
>changing something that works for the sake of novelty
>considering OS changes a form of entertainment instead of using tools that work
>>
File: 31212.jpg (140 KB, 366x521)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Why do we dislike Pixel 3 XL's notch again?
>>
>>68026208
ok, it's a buggy piece of shit as expected but it does look like apple so i guess i'll give half points?

and no, i used the s9+ after the Xs. the difference between the two, in terms of performance and fluidity was astonishing.
>>
>>68026301
I have the s9+ and i havent run into any issues at all. And i actually keep my processor set at 70% power to save battery. When i put it at 100% its buttery smooth. And i put some heavy usage on my processor. I route to my home computer often. I never have usues on the s9 siden
>>
>>68026244
Yeah so then just get an android becuase you dont need to flash anything to change your UI. It's all meant to he changed however you wanna change it. Apppe doesn't let you change ot customize anything. Most likely becuase they cant think of anything that wouldn't be a total rip off of android or any android launchers.
>>
>>68026284
You have your own thread, basedman. Do not get greedy
>>
Update on my Honor 9 Lite: it's really not bad at all for a budget phone. Does everything I need, and the fingerprint reader is actually pretty handy. Blue case is gorgeous.
>>
Anon is sad
>>
oh fuck off
>>
Is there any smartphone which isn't huge? I've had an iphone 3gs and currently a iphone 5. It's starting to fall apart on me, and i'm considering getting an iphone 8.

However, perhaps it's time for me to diverge from apple because I'm not really appreciating the ever growing size. Are there any smartphones which are about the size of an Iphone 3-4?
>>
>>68025961
nice notch lmao
>>
>>68026542
>2018
>being notchlet
>>
>>68026440
Good defaults are superior to cumbersome customisability for most users.

Also Google botnet.
>>
File: 760567.jpg (109 KB, 1200x858)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Seriously considering buying an old iphone whenever my lg g5 kicks the bucket. I'm so fucking tired of Google virtue signalling, censoring conservatives and libertarians, working to undermine privacy, censoring guns, and all this other bullshit
>>
>>68026630
Not being able to customize your UI at all is not a good default. And its also the only default, no other options. Everyone likes options. Unless your really close minded.
>>
>>68026630
Your not escaping the google botnet just becuase you dont use an android phone lol
>>
My most recent phone broke, and I need a new one. I've decided that I'm sick of using it the time, and just want a very minimal phone. Something that'll function well enough to use a map, call Lyfts from time to time, and some basic messaging apps. Aside from that, really the only thing I want is a good battery. Ideally in the $100-$150 dollar range. Living in the US, and I have an AT&T plan.
>>
Anyone used the Nova 3? It looks great, surprised it doesn't get more attention here unless I'm missing something
>>
>>68026641
The SE is great
>>
>>68026522
should have tagged you in my previous post, but why not get an SE? It's literally a 5 with better guts
>>
>>68026706
Id recommend the Huawei Honor 8. Really good phone for less than 150
>>
Mi mix 2s or oneplus 6t?
>>
Give me one(1) reason I should pee before I poop.
>>
>>68026807
6T or wait for Mi Mix 3.
>>
BASED

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2018/10/oppo-r19-leaks-to-reveal-possible-oneplus-7-design.html
>>
My 5 years old Xperia V became unusable and i need a new phone. What can i get with $350-400 budget?
>>
Man how do people deal with no notifications because of the notch. I've been using a notch phone for a week and I still can't get used to it.
>>
Y'all niggers crying because your flagshit overpriced piece of crap 1 and 2 year old samdump botnets are slow as fuck maybe due to deliberatelys crappy samdump memory chips and batteries and have screen burnt and or "edge" lines because crappy organic planned obsolence screen while I'm here in comfy with my BL unlocked and semi de-botneted LG K20 Plus with no notches, a nice removable battery, a 0.1ms fingerprint scanner that is also a REAL button, and a screen that doesn't spoil itself over time, fast as fuck despite "only" having a Quad Core and 2gb of RAM, and I just paid like 69.99 for this shit Brand New 2 years ago. It proves y'all ni/g/gers are NPC's programmed by the matrix to consume "whatever is trend" shit gizmo. Also fag OP promoting the ultimate chink botnet, /g/ is cucked and a literal pajeet pooing loo in 2018
>>
>>68027145
A pair of LG V20's, or like 8 K20's :^)
>>
>>68026740
>apple
>great

Choose 1
>>
>>68026641
Install Lineage
>>
OnePlus 6 for $450 or Galaxy S9+ (open box) for around $530?
I wish I could have a S9+ with SD845 and OxygenOS, it would be the perfect phone.
>>
File: images(5).jpg (26 KB, 663x463)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>68026578
Thanks but I'm not a nigger, I happen to have a functional "notch" in my phone
>>
I figure this is a good place to ask. How to get free paid apps?
>>
>>68026088
You should get a bullet inside your head rather
>>
When will iPhone 7 plus price go down? Will it or will it not?
>>
>>68026018
SUPER
Absolutely
Measured
Obsolescence
Leading
Eyestrain
Disease

AMOLED is cucked, cringe and bluepill. Is like making an screen out of cheese, knowing it is going to eventually spoil itself and be useful for nothing. TFT Chadtrix with LED backlit is the real deal, no wonder why you're 15 year old thinkpads have perfect displays still and despite every single one being used and abused
>>
>>68025977
A "rugged" phone with a glass screen, is like having a Jeep Wrangler with a Fiat motor and Prius tyres and still wanting to hillclimb and off road with that shit
>>
>>68027383
B O O T
L O O P
>>
>>68025954
I had the RN4 and dropped it from a 2nd floor like 4 times (I work as a contractor helper) it was all torn and beat but still worked with all its functions and LED display intact. It still sits in a drawer, I'm too lazy to order new glass and back shell from Chinkstan
>>
>>68027471
>t. seething poorfag
>>
>>68027507
That was the V10, G4 and G5 with the shit 805 & 810 chips melting the crappy sodder due to LG being cheap fucks and moving their production out of Korea to chinkna, mein V20 has never bootlooped despite being chinkshit and through several custom ROMs tho
>>
>>68027589
My G3 shat itself out of nowhere and never recovered as well. Probably some MB issue.
After that I'm never going with LG again, as though I liked my G3.
>>
>>68027589
>Lagdroid is so shit his user HAVE to install (((cuckstom rom)))
>>
>>68027550
>you don't into AMOLED
>HURRR you must be POORFAG

fuck off, go lick nigger cum out of your nigger organic matter made screen before it spoils itself as every single AMOLED screen existent
>>
>>68027618
I buy all my phones with sights of installing custom ROMs out of the box, is like getting a laptop with Windows 10 out of the box and installing Steam OS, its freedom of choice over the "it just werks" meme. If a device can't do that out of the box, is no buy for me and its garbage, no matter if its 24k gold $1488 burgershekel gizmo. Now suck my brown dick, faggot
>>
>>68027615
Had a similar experience with the G2, I moved to Xiaomeme for a while but it got old on me fast, also shit, went back with LG due to the removable battery meme and the v20 hasn't yet let me down so far 16 months, also have a K20 for work so if it ends inside a concrete mixer at my jobsite is not much of a worry
>>
>>68027673
>Android ROM coded by actual engineers
>custom ROM carefully designed by reyansh and ported for your device by rajesh using his poo'ed fingers

If only the choice was easier.
>>
>>68025747
Droid Turbo 2/ Moto Z Force
>>
Hi /g/
I just bought Xiaomi A2 Lite, i just fell in love with the design and everything and luckily it doesnt come with Xiaomi MIUI botnet. But obviously as its plain android (8.1) its all Google everywhere. I never had an android phone so last 24 hours its all been just about declining all the prompts about google wanting to access this or that, but im sure they track every shit i do regardless.
Now, what are my options to go at least a little libre/free with the phone?
>inb4 triangulation
im not trying to hide from the towers, just from google. Im looking for a free software solution of using this new xiaomi and hopefully it should be able to run Signal without a hustle.
>>
>>68027726
Yeah man, I also fell for the Xiaomeme.
Swapped my G3 for a Mi 5 and it's gonna complete 2 years in a few months. I hate this phone so much now. Can't stand shitty MIUI and the custom ROMS are in the same shitty level. Also the design of it bothers me now, the edges are so sharp they almost hurt my hand holding it.

My next phone is going to be a S9+ and I'm settled on that. Maybe OP6T depending on launch price and specs.
>>
File: Indian_Woman_with_bindi.jpg (68 KB, 720x1080)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>68027142
>>
>>68027142
POO IN LOO
>>
File: pooinay.jpg (37 KB, 450x276)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>68027741
>Android ROM coded by literal niggers wageslaving and grooking Java in some 3rd world shithole for some big corporation deliberately setting backdoors, installing botnet and obsolescence switches
>Android ROM coded by some Based pajeet kid doing a CS major pooing in loo in his unbotneted chinkphone while SSH'ing to his Librebooted Core 2 Shmuo chinkpad to werk his Microsoft Expert Assistant gig, attending John and Mary, who can't into syncing their iPhones SE to Windows 10 October 2018 update that removed 558mb of pictures of their newborn

If only you weren't a nigger
>>
>>68027631
How fucking insecure are you you poorfag.
>>
>>68027872
good post
>>
iphone xr will soon be here, who's going for this year's top tier comfy phone?
>>
File: images(8).jpg (5 KB, 195x195)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>68027873
This! Kek
>>
File: images(8).jpg (11 KB, 220x220)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>68027873
I'm brown and a minority (lol), I can say n word this n word that if I want and its not raceist, hell even chinks in brooklin and Vancouver talk like niggers and isn't also raceist. The only one with insecurities and vaginal sensivity here is (You) white boy
>>
File: images(9).jpg (14 KB, 427x393)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>68027471
Yeh Apple must be stupid to use AMOLED in their iPhone(s).
>>
Any thoughts on Blackberry Key2? I really want a physical keyboard. I mainly use my phone to text, talk, browse web and watch media (Youtube, Netflix, Anigay etc) What are some good meme phones for that? Mid-budget please. I can buy the most expensive phones but I really don't need them.
>>
File: musk.jpg (57 KB, 1200x800)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>68027991
To be fair, the old IPS retina iPhones had excellent displays, I had a 4S for a while and that shit looked amazing and was comfy af despite being sized for ants and little ol' me being 6 foot 3. Apple fell into their own memes trying to copy Samdump and viceversa
>>
>>68027471
>Some of the Galaxy Note9 Display Highlights

>These are just a few of the Galaxy Note9 Display Highlights that we will be covering in detail throughout the article:

>Record Very High Absolute Color Accuracy (0.5 JNCD) that is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect and significantly higher than on the Galaxy Note8.

>Record High Brightness Mode that is up to 27% Brighter and 32% Higher Contrast than the Galaxy Note8 in High Ambient Light.

>Record Peak Luminance that is Independent of the on-screen image content APL.

>Record Color Accuracy and Intensity Scales that are Independent of the on-screen image content APL.

>Record Small Shifts in Brightness and Color with Viewing Angle, including White, which is the most used background color.

>Record Setting Galaxy Note9 matches or sets many new Smartphone Display Performance Records, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade.

Still you think AMOLED is not superior for handheld devices. Kys

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note9_ShootOut_44N9.htm
>>
>>68027950
Pajeet here.
Cringe
>>
Best phone for under £300 lads
>>
>>68028153
POCOPHONE
>>
>>68028153
p o c o
h
o
n
e
>>
So I want to use a very old phone (htc g2) with t-mobile's pay as you go service in the US but their bring your own device webpage tells me I need to upgrade. Is it true or are they jewing me?
>>
>>68028077
Why I would want an over-engineered fancy screen that will e-rot and look like shit no matter how well I take care of it in 15 months or less? Fuck off Samdump shill. I've had enough phones with AMOLED to know what I'm talking about.
>but this time is different, itz newer tech and a newer AMOLED revision!
>its so gud appel has it now!
>>
>>68028210
Just buy a preloaded sim card from eBay or something, they will try to sell you new phone no matter how big is your autism
>>
Can you recommend a phone upgrading from S5? I'd prefer something light as I don't like the heavy imbalanced feeling of other phones. Thanks,.
>>
>>68028153
essential phone
>>
File: images(9).jpg (15 KB, 666x460)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Samdump/AMOLED shills will justify this

>its normal wear, goy
>you dindu used a tempered glass so you damaged you're screen
>screen got yellow? its so you don't burn your eyes of strain ;^)
>ghost images you say? Nah you must get your sight checked and new glasses
>>
>>68028341
Install lineage, remove botnet, get 5000mah battery. All phones are shit in 2018 you're better off with your good ol' S5 if the screen hasn't e-rotted yet
>>
>>68028393
I actually agree with you. I love my S5 and wish I didn't have to replace it, unfortunately the mic doesn't pick up audio when video calling, that's the only problem but gf wants to see my face, voice isn;t enough.

I had an Lg g6 and hated the unbalanced feeling, didn't feel right using it in one hand. The premium glass feeling annoys me since I look at it as a workhorse than a porcelain doll to look after.
>>
>>68026522
sony xz1 compact
>>
>>68028565
>so(y)ny
"no!"
>>
>>68028601
Fuck off m8
>>
>>68028601
KYS thyself my dear fellow
>>
Are there any real differences between the SD 835/845 and possibly the 855 to justify getting the most up-to-date SOC? My phone has an 805 and while it's still fast it guzzles battery.
>>
Hello sirs, anyone is excited for Oneplus 7? I am and my friends too!
>>
>>68028717
>anyone is excited for Oneplus 7?
No
>>
>bought a chink Mi A2
how bad did I fuck up?
>>
Got an offer from sprint for 20$/month for the lg v40 with free gimbal and 256gb micro sd. Currently using a galaxy s7 that's frequently lagging and has shit battery life. Should i just wait for black friday deals?
>>
>>68027304
The SE is a great phone, grow up tribalist virgin
>>
File: images(10).jpg (14 KB, 300x323)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>68028298
Applel has it right? So suck it!
>>
>>68025647
Reminder
>>
File: 1538938530800.jpg (18 KB, 544x572)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>68025506
You can get any phone you want on fucking Amazon or something you driveling fucking moron. How did you manage to even type that you fucking knob polisher
>>
>>68028153
nokia 7.1
>>
>>68029471
Please be mindful of not insulting me sir
>>
File: DGZMswCXYAEFqv0.png (95 KB, 250x233)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
I don't know where to ask this so I'll do it here, I'm planning on creating an app that would mostly run on background (using notifications and such while the phone is locked), how can I get profit out of an app like that? I've done normal admob banners and interstitials before but I can't figure out what would be better to make some money here
>>
>>68028369
Coworker has an S7 he has treated like SHIT for the past 2 years and the screen is just fine
>>
>>68028153
Stolen note 9
>>
Okay doods, my g4 is finally dying on me. I need an unlocked phone for less than $300 with a decent rear camera and solid battery life, what do I get?
>>
>>68029818
If you can shell out $40 more or wait for it to go on sale the Essential Phone isn't a bad option. Just install Gcam on it because the stock camera software, while perfectly fine nowadays, is still inferior to Gcam. There's no OIS/EIS either.
>>
>>68029818
Oh, and I live in the US.
>>
>>68028456
Yeah I don't know what I will do when my V20 dies, I'm seriously considering getting a decent soddering station, several junkyard V20's, source schematics from some chink anon and keep my main one alive for longer, if I had the S5 I'd be doing that, this beaner already has every repair tutorial for that thing https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu5elukt2nc
>>
>>68028369
What flagship these days doesn't use AMOLED?
OnePlus 6, Mi 8, S9/Note9, Pixels and even iPhones. So I should just buy a crap mid-end to escape the AMOLED screen?
>>
>>68029598
Sure thing, you fucking black asshole
>>
>>68028872
>screen for ants
>weak aluminum chassis
>non jailbreakable
>needs iTunes to literally transfer anything to the storage
>botnet
>shitty non-clickable home button
>weak sub 2amp battery prone to failing after 2 years of normal use
>botnet
it jUsT wErKs
>>
>>68029798
this
>>
>>68030004
Where do I get one from the internet?
Asking for a friend, of course.
>>
>>68030025
www.cheapmobilephones.in
>>
>>68029955

Xperia XZ2 and the LG G7 still uses IPS LCD, but that's about it afaik if you want flagship phones without AMOLED
>>
Will the S9+ lag on me 1 year from now if I buy one this month?
Never had a Samsung before.
>>
>>68029955
Wait for next year when all these fancy notch flagships pop up on eBay for $100 with burnt in and pink AMOLEDs. That's why AMOLED is a meme and will still be a meme until they solve natural e-rot
>gee who uses a phone for more than 12 months, only poorfags do buy phones with IPS panels and use them for 2+ years
>>
>>68030049
me neither lmao still milking a 4 year old beaten to shit s5 and it hasn't lagged one bit
>>
>>68030025
reddit.com/r/hardwareswap
>>
>>68030065
My phone cycle is actually always 2 years so I'd need it to last the 2 years, but almost every good flagship these days will come with AMOLED.
I'm not defending it, I'm asking for a good substitute.
>>
i'm sorry if this is kinda off topic but i don't know where else to ask

are apple done announcing new shit for the year? i've been thinking about getting one of them huge ipads for my mom but it'd piss me off if they came up with with a new one before christmas
>>
>>68030025
try your local craiglist
>>
>>68030113
If they're gonna have another event it's usually in October.
>>
Will BlackBerry Key3 be good friends?
>>
money is no option, which phone is best. just want battery life, minimal lag on firefox or other apps, decent camera, not too big (not a phablet):

Pixel 3
Pixel 2 XL
S9+
iPhone XS
>>
>>68030157
Essential
Pocophone
Xiamo
Redmi
>>
>>68030157
>best camera and minimal lag, best updates
Pixel 3 or 2XL
>best overall phone including design
S9+.
>best at ripping you off
iPhone XS.
>>
>>68028717
Hi there Pajeet. One Plus 7 is probably going to be a good phone, can't say I'm excited though.
>>
>>68030188
hahagood try sir but my name is no Pajeet, it is Ramesh. what phone you're excite about most?
>>
>>68025492
I ditched my 8+ for a note 9. Battery life is spectacular and the camera is far superior. Go for the note 9
>>
>>68030102
There really aren't any higher end phones that use an IPS LCD panel besides Sony and Xiaomi if you'd consider them high end, and even Sony is starting to do away with IPS LCD panels starting with the XZ3. There's an IPS LCD panel on the Essential Phone but that's just about it, LCD panels are usually reserved for low-mid range phones these days.
>>
So /g/ which phone makes you look the least like an autist?
>>
My friend is offering his Galaxy Note 2 to me for $300, is it a good deal?
>>
>>68030325
>>68030326

Essential
Pocophone
Xiamo
Redmi
>>
>>68030326
Are you actually retarded?
Why would you pay 300 freedom dolars for a phone released in 2012?
>>
>>68025232
>plastic back
>colors look really nice
FUCK, what to do
>>
>>68030203
None. I've come to terms with the fact that my dream phone for this year will not be a thing. What is that, I sense you wondering while pooing in loo. Well I'll picture it for you.

>Snapdragon 845
>8 gigs RAM
>512 gigs internal storage
>sd slot
>headphone jack
>6 inch 1080p 16:9 amoled display (you don't need more than 1080p)
>stereo speakers
>no notch
>90% screen to body ratio
>stock Android
>galaxy s9 body without the curved screen
>pixel quality camera

$500
>>
>>68030539
/g/ designs a phone.jpg
>>
>>68030539
>>6 inch 1080p 16:9 amoled display (you don't need more than 1080p)
You almost had me, 1440p at 6'5 with a 5000mah battery
>>
>>68030607
Fuck I forgot the battery. Definitely 5000 mAh, yeah
>>
Is the Honor 8X camera better than iPhone SE?
>>
>>68025747
Redmi Note 5, I'm from Italy too fellow pasta ro. It is pretty cheap right now on Amazon and it works bretty gud.
>>
>>68031026
PASTA IN SHASTA
>>
>>68025232
I love my honor 7x but the 8x has a dumb notch. Get the 7x, good phone for $200
>>
>>68031074
at least you can "disable" the notch
>>
whats the difference?
>>
>>68031281
Probably internal storage.
You can also click on the fucking phones and compare the both.
>>
is 5g gonna make a real different in phones internet speeds? also is the snapdragon 845 good enough to last 3 years paired with 8gb of ram?
>>
I'd buy the pocophone if it had my bands, but shit sucks, so, what's my second best option?
Pretty much as close as the poco as possible, budget wise, I'd like to be the same or a bit cheaper is possible. Appreciated.
>>
Honor 8X vs iPhone SE.
>>
Any of these chink phones use a dac or have good audio? My v20 made me a snob
>>
can you turn off the notch on all android phones at the expense of screen size?
>>
>>68031629
This seems like a good investment, I'll get it once I'm able to pay for it
https://www.fiio.com/btr3
>>
>>68031699
what's your autistic obsession with the notch?

>OOOMG LE APPLE NOTCH !!XD!!
>>
>>68031744
please don't talk to me
>>
>>68031565
Op6, or the essential phone
>>
>>68031759
get a load of this loser
>>
>>68031699
Yes, although android is heading towards using that space as a place for notification
>>
>>68031281
From my research I believe that one difference is the price
>>
>>68031344
No. Yes.
>>
any phones have front facing speakers besides xz1c
>>
Hello /g/ents, my LG G2 finally shat the bed after having it since launch. It was my fault, cracked screen/body, moisture got its way inside, but it served me well for those years. Recently read about people falling for >LG quality after the G2, also some anedoctes from my friend and his brother
>G3 - bootloop, covered under warranty tho
>G4 - dead after 1.5 year of use

Thinking about getting another LG. Has the G6 been plagued by those problems?
>>
>>68030326
You shouldn't use such an old phone if you're not African. Even for free
>>
>>68031952
Pixel 2/3?
>>
>>68031952
Pixel 2 / 2 XL and 3 / 3 XL, Sony Xperia XZ/XZ1/XZ2/XZ3, Razer Phone / Razer Phone 2.
>>
Redmi note 4 nigga's represent!
>>
>p20 (not pro) is 50% off, $215 USD
why shouldn't i buy it at this price? currently using a galaxy S5 that loses battery midway through the day
>>
Will an op5 or op5t last for 2+ years? Or should I go for something without amoled?
>>
File: template.png (153 KB, 719x479)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
Considering you can buy a usable iPhone at basically any price point now (easy to find an iPhone 7 for under $300), why would you still use botnet?
>>
File: boot loops.jpg (184 KB, 600x960)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Question: anyone ever sold their rooted phone on ebay?

I upgraded to an Essential and am going to flip my very well-used Moto G5 Plus on ebay for a couple bucks. I was going to reflash the stock OTA and relock the bootloader, but then realized it'll still show the "WARNING: we know you unlocked your shit, nigger, and don't forget your bitch ass warranty is void!" screen on bootup since they're jews about that.

If I jazz up my ebay listing to highlight that it's already rooted, should I expect it to sell for more or less? Maybe install Lineage 16.0 and everything? I'm guessing best case, it'll have a neutral effect, and at worst, might alienate some buyers.
>>
File: 1537824229761.png (8 KB, 415x403)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
I'm thinking of buying Pocophone, is there anything bad about it I should know about before copping it?
>>
>>68029471
You fucking retard, US and Australia use bands that no one else uses
>>
I hate this phone
>>
>>68032412
It has a notch. Early batches have light bleed.
>>
>>68032885
>reddit is fun
YOU
HAVE
TO
GO
BACK
>>
>>68032885
which phone is it cuck
>>
File: 20181010_150010_HDR.jpg (1.75 MB, 4160x3120)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
Why are the LG G6's cameras such a piece of garbage?
Even in good lighting, it overexposes everything and fucks up all details.
>>
where the fuck can i find an xz 1 in person? best buy and walmart are no go's
>>
>>68032412
Notch, plastic build, no IP certification, no HD on Netflix
>>
>>68032979
install GCam
>>
>>68033003
>plastic build
Passed Jerry's durability test though
>>
I've never been a phone guy /g/ What's the general consensus on
Asus Zenfone
>>
Just found out that the yalp store has a version with a slightly nicer ui that's not on fdroid. Neat.

https://github.com/yeriomin/YalpStore/releases/tag/0.43
>>
>>68028298
t. always has brightness at max
My Galaxy S5 still has its screen like new and its 4 years old
>>
>>68033567
depends on which ine you're talking about
>>
Just got a Samsung Galaxy S8+ for $360 off of Ebay in excellent condition. Did I do good?
>>
>>68033615
Zenfone 5Z.
Budget is about 500-600
>>
>>68027950
>minority
>poorfag
checks out.
>>
>>68033639
from what I understand it's a great option, screen is good for an LCD, stereo speakers, headphone jack with DAC, mSD support, main issue for some reason is a complete lack of ROM support even though all the source code has been released since day one and apparently it's having issues with Treble GSIs, someone on XDA is going to have to put out a bounty to entice some developers
But it does have a working GCam port, TWRP, and apparently has an official apk from Asus to unlock the bootloader
only issue is that OTA updates stop as soon as you use the apk
>>
>>68033209
I did. It's better, but not good enough. It works in low light, but it's kind of slow. Some shots are good.

The front camera, though, is just irredeemable.
>>
>>68033731
did you get the best reported GCam on XDA? how many ports have you tried? or did you just see one mentioned and just went with that and didn't even bother trying to see which one might perform better?
>>
>>68033747
I checked out most of them, including the one recommended for the G6. As I said, it's great for low light, and it does a way better job with exposure, but it still isn't ideal compared to some other phones of its price range.
>>
How do I get started with custom firmware?
My phone is a Nexus 4 and its just starting to become sluggish in ways that it really shouldn't be.
Yes, I know its ancient by smartphone standards but I hate the idea of upgrading if its still functional. I don't see why it shouldn't be able to run smoothly for all the basic operations that I use the phone for (internet browsing, reading pdfs, 4chan/reddit apps, youtube).

Can I hope to improve performance drastically with custom firmware, something that is more optimized?
>>
Please restart camera
Please restart camera

Piece of fucking shit
>>
>>68033792
I don't know how it's possible that the camera sensors and GCam ports for a G6 could perform worse than sensors and GCam ports for the Moto G5+, that makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>68033806
if you're going to bitch about an issue, at least learn to take a screen shot for proof that it's actually happening
>>
>>68033818
I don't know since I have never owned a Moto G5+, but I had a Moto Z2 Play which had a more consistent output.
I think the problem is that it's always easier to use the stock app, and LG's image processing is trash. The sensor itself is good.
>>
>>68033861
that's fucking odd, i mean camera2api is enabled, right? and you're using a 64-bit ROM with the proper GCam mod?
>>
>>68033806
I have a moto g5+ and I've never heard about a camera issue. What causes it?
>>
>>68033884
i have a G5+ too and never have this issue, it's FUD because he can't even take a fucking screenshot with the error message he's claiming
>>
>>68033895
I don't see why he would lie about it. It could easily be something like a loose cable to the camera module or something else specific to his device.
>>
>>68033911
because if you make a claim without proof it's called crying wolf or FUD
>>
>>68033923
I really don't think it's a significant enough claim to require proof or be considered FUD. He's sharing a personal anecdote that doesn't really have any bearing on us, and you're getting a little too upset and defensive about it.
>>
File: IMG_20180106_170509994.jpg (1.1 MB, 3024x4032)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>68033878
Tbh, I'm not sure. I'm using the stock ROM with Oreo. I haven't touched anything besides that. I will look into it.

Pic related is a picture taken from my older Moto Z2 Play. Maybe nostalgia is blinding me, but I thought it looked way better back then. It may also be the fact that the G6's screen is so good that anything that is not great looks bad on it.
>>
>>68033951
Damn that is one crisp-ass camera
>>
>>68033947
i don't understand why you're defending his behaviour, why woukd you encourage some FUD spreading faggot in the first place?
>>
>>68033247
that test is such shit
they literally all score the same except for the trash chink phones. the only test that could ever matter for a phone is drop test and that happens to be the only one he excludes
>>
>>68033951
nice pic, was that taken with GCam?
>>
File: IMG_20170927_211936619.jpg (905 KB, 4032x3024)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
>>68034077
Nope. Stock Motorola app. Here's another one, from the same phone.

I'm very close to just trading my G6 in for a Samsung or iPhone, honestly.
>>
>>68034098
fuck that, I'd get a Moto Z2 Force, camera is better than the Play and it can be had for cheap, slap the power pack mod on, if you didn't go full retard and get rid of it, and get the phone you like back
>>
>>68034143
The Z3 Play is probably an even better deal, since it has a better camera than the Z2 Force, and better battery life. I lost my Z2 to some crackheads a while ago. Man, that was a great phone. Great battery life, great screen, great camera, no bloat... I just wish it had water resistance (which the Z3 still doesn't have).
>>
Daily reminder that when AMD releases their phone it's gonna BTFO all other android vendors
>>
>>68034176
Moto wants to much for the Z3 Play so I refuse to recommend it, it literally has the same SoC as the $200 memephone and they want at least $180 on top of that deoending on who sells it
GCam on the Z2 Force works wonders
>>
>>68034221
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
LG G6 guy here. Downloaded a new GCam version (5.1.018_24_v4.2t3). The results are way better (even in the front camera). I'm excited!
Just snapped a photo of my cat until I can get a better way to try it out.
>>
>>68034384
how long have you had the g6 for? Thinking about getting one here. Coming from a g2, like this anon (>>68031957)
>>
>>68030364

The back is tempered glass
>>
>>68034418
Like two weeks. Honestly, I'm not sure I would recommend it.
The screen is great, and the phone is beautiful, but man, are there some drawbacks:
First of all, the battery life just seems wrong. I think it's the screen, or the hundred apps running in the background, but it's just not good. I can never keep a charge for a whole day.
Then there's the camera. You actually need the Gcam, apparently, or else everything looks watercolor brushed. The front camera is just embarassing, especially in low light.
The software is also bad. LG has some weird things, like, you can't adjust the resolution without ADB like you can in Samsung phones. You can't set the phone to gesture navigation in Oreo. There's no display calibration setting.
The good thing about it is the screen, but even then, it's hard to find HDR content for it.

I'm not saying I regret buying it, but I will be very happy to move away from it as soon as possible. I will only miss the wide angle camera, I think, since the 2:1 display is the norm now.
>>
>>68034496
I see, thanks for the input. Which phone would you move away to?
>>
the phone I want has a good deal going on amazon warehouse deals for "like new" condition. should i try my luck
>>
>>68034729
Guaranteed to have shit battery
>>
I have G5, and I've been thinking about turning it into a my daily music driver instead of buying a dedicated one. Is the Hi-Fi Plus module worth it?
>>
>>68034752
damn thats exactly what I was afraid of
>>
how is pie on xperia? I heard it's shit
>>
File: Pixel 3 XL.png (696 KB, 1771x1753)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
So I canceled my Pixel 3 pre order and went with the Pixel 3 XL after seeing this.
>>
>>68034839
hasn't gotten it yet
>>
Do any phones have 4x4 MIMO WiFi?

I'm upgrading to a gigabit connection and being bottlenecked at 800ish mbps sucks.
>>
Are there any phone that have the built-in ability to limit the battery charge? ie "stop charging at 80% while still plugged in"

I'm kinda surprised this feature is not basic on all phones
>>
>>68025490
i use a clear case
>>
>>68025647
why not the 3 instead of the xl?
>>
is ebay legit if they're selling for a quite low price but have 99% positive reviews
>>
>>68027872
pajeet my soon.
>>
>>68035118
what phone, price, and condition
>>
>>68035184
369 dollars for xz1c with 50 dollar 2 yr squaretrade insurance and free expedited shipping. seller has 90 thousand sales and 99.1% rating
>>
>>68035218
oh and new condition
>>
>>68035097
see
>>68034840
and also the fact that the regular size has a shitty 1080p display.
>>
>>68035218
>>68035224
did you determine where it would be shipping from? did you read any of the feedback or comments about the seller?
>>
>>68035267
from houston texas
this is the recent feedback
>>
is volte essential?
>>
>>68035510
yes sir
pleas fix
>>
>>68035510
please do the needful
>>
>>68035604
>>68035624
I asked because I was going to order a international version sony phone for the sensor but apparently they don't have wifi calling or volte enabled so its a lose-lose I guess
>>
>>68030326
This is the worst trade deal in the history of the universe
>>
>>68035248
>shitty 1080p display
Excuse me???
>>
>>68035765
compared to a 1440p, yeah, shitty. It has a low PPI
>>
Why does everyone want phablets? Am I the only person to prefer a 5 inch phone that can be used one-handed?
>>
https://www.strawpoll.me/16637407

how do you unlock your phone
>>
>>68036124
>Why does everyone want phablets
we don't. theres absolutely a huge market for compact phones, just like theres a huge market for people who want headphone jacks. brands are just too up apples ass
>>
>>68036133
fingerprint
>>
>>68035765
1080p screen on a 5.5 in display will look shitty.
>>
>>68031281
>MI A2 LITE (REDMI 6 PRO)
VS
>REDMI NOTE 6 PRO
>>
>>68036244
Its would look better. The more pixels you have in one spot, the better that spot looks. The pixels would have to be smaller as well,making them harder to notice individual pixels.
>>
>>68034840
>ROUNDED CORNERS ON THE NOTCH FILLER

A LOT OF NOTCH FILLERS DO FLAT RIGHT ANGLES, SO ITS ROUNDED CORNERS ON THE BOTTOM AND SQUARE CORNERS ON THE TOP LIKE WHEN PLAYING VIDEO LOOKS RETARDED
>>
>>>/wsr/576491
if anyone is feeling helpful
>>
File: 1487582100685.gif (1.91 MB, 240x135)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>68025469
note 9. Fuck your notch, fuck your battery, fuck your piddly ass storage, fuck the compromises.

Plus I could fucking kill you with it if I chucked it at your head if you came at me in an apple-fanboy autistic rage
>>
>>68036784
This! Kek
>>
File: 12554359[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Should I get a Moto G6 or an X4? They cost the same here.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 456x322)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Anyone using an XZ Premium? The touchscreen keeps missing my touches, especially when scrolling. What gives?
>>
>>68036784
>spending $1000 on a phone instead of a phone with the same specs except $300
>>
File: images.jpg (54 KB, 581x253)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>68030326
No, but you should get one and install Replicant. Don't listen to all these niggers telling you 2012 phone is shit phone, you can live uncucked and free of botnet, or suck circumsized cock the rest of your life ;^)

Also install replicant
>>
Guys I wanna take photos and shoot video.
iPhone 5s or Xperia z3c?
>>
>>68030340
Maybe its pesos. He seems like a fellow beaner. I would def pay no more than 300 tacos for a Note II
>>
>>68036885
xperia z3 has 4k video i think. (my z3 did, not sure about compact) but no stabilization. iphone might have the better camera software tho
>>
>>68027950
I’m not even white fucking idiot curry nigger.
>>
>>68036898
sure thing rebecca

>>68036873
this
>>
>>68036863
Using any case?
>>
>>68036891
4K is fine but the phone gets overheated in seconds then you have to allow it to cool down to use the camera to shoot anything. 4K implementation on Z3 sucks.
>>
>>68036858
If RAM and storage is the same for both then get the X4
>>
>>68030567
>stock Gentoo
>4 inch sAMOLED 4k display similar in size to the IPhone SE
>Snapdragon 850 + Vega 11
>8gb RAM, 512gb expandable storage
>sliding keyboard like the n900
>100 gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB-C
>sliding retractyle 41mpx camera with 10x optical zoom + OIS
>removable 10000mah battery
>>
>>68036891
Yeah my main concern would be the software.
Does that just mean the default camera app is better on the iphone, or something more complicated? Also, I don't care about 4k but youtube says sony has the better hardware, and it seems pretty inconcievable to me that one could do without an sd card slot, I've never owned an iphone though,
>>
File: 1525411209203.gif (962 KB, 171x172)
962 KB
962 KB GIF
>>68036873
wtf you talkin bout? Show me this magical $300 phone with 6.4 inch screen, 4000 mAh batt, 512 GB storage plus w/e microSD I throw in it, oct core proc, a metric buttload of cameras, 8 GB RAM, and a fucking wireless charging stylus / presentation remote

I'll wait over here....
>>
>>68036912
No case, no screen protector, completely exposed. Looks like it is an issue for some people but there's no apparent fix without sending it back in, which is a pain in the ass because Sony service sucks.
>>
>>68036885
why do you want a 5s when you can get a 7 for $350
>>
>>68036983
Okay, so the deal is, I can get a used z3c for about 90$ here, question is, whether I should go for it, or get whichever iphone in this price range.
I might just settle for a ip4/4s for~50 though, I'm not that well off anyways; the only thing that irks me was the storage really.
>>
>>68036931
>>68036970
Seems to be defective screen / display then. Good luck!
>>
>>68025469
poorfags coping
>>
>>68034058
please restart camera
>>
>>68036966
implying ram above 6gb, a pen, and 512gb storage matters
:^)
>>
Need to buy an easy to use phone for my grandpa. Is mi a2 lite 3gb a good choice in the sub €200 range? He'll use it for emails, photos and gmaps.
>>
Best overall phone for ~$300?

Coming from a 4 year old Oneplus One
>>
imo, notch on phone doesn't really matter much if they have other redeeming features. the pocomeme has sd845 with 6gb ram, usb-c but still have headphone jack, sd slot, 4k battery and the price isn't too expensive.
the pixel 3 xl on the other hand...
>>
>>68037597
Pocophone
>>
>>68027893
Me! getting the product red iPhone XR
>>
>>68037560
Yes
>>
New thread
>>68037924
>>68037924
>>68037924
>>
>>68030254
how long does your battery life last? Are there any stutters or lag so far? my s7 is going a bit downhill and it's only been 2 years, I really want to go 3+ years on the same phone, and the note 9 looks like the perfect phone (except the Samsung lag is a concern).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.